Mission 4: Will in Testament

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Mission 4: Will in Testament

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Will in Testament
The path of the convoy rolls through the southern portion of the Colorado Baronies - an affiliation of cities mainly known for their high quality techno-wizardry - and into the city of Testament. Testament was the second barony and major city to sprout up with help from the nearby city of Hope. It is different from Hope in that the Barony is cattle country and the people are a bit more rough and tumble, although law-abiding and generous. The local law is happy to take the Cutthroats into custody and even pays out on their bounty!
Bounty
100,000 credits for the whole gang.
The local Sheriff, Will Longmarsh, gives his thanks and a little update on the situation in the area. “Glad to catch these fellas, long history of raiding our ranches for food and supplies and terrorizing folks that are different from them. To be honest though, lately the Simvan have been pushing these fellas out. They seem to be pretty ornery and aggressive.” He points to map of the area on the wall behind him with red push pins at a variety of locations, “In fact, a group of them have been stealing horses and livestock from local ranches.”

“Me and my deputies don’t have the manpower to deal with them. I know you’re here on a trade mission, but folks don’t have much to trade right now. But if you all could track down the cattle wrestlers and recover the stolen goods I am sure your convoy would get a pretty fair shake.”

Just as the sheriff finishes up the door swings open and a man enters the station. The Sheriff looks at his watch and shakes his head, "Deputy Drake, nice of you to join us." Nodding from Drake to the group, Sheriff Longmarsh makes a quick introduction, "Drake here has been filling in for me while one of my deputies is nursing a wound from a Grigleaper. Take him with you when you go out to investigate, it'll help folks know you're legitimate."

Dressed in all black leather and a posh black and grey sweater, wearing a amulet and no visible armor, Drake has no visible weapons on him other than a large hand cannon worn low on his right hip in a black leather drop holster. Appearing more ready for a party than a patrol or any sort of field operations he is clean and polished in appearance. Taking time to look around at everything he passes he is in no particular hurry.
OOC Comments
Testament is a good sized city with technology and technowizardy readily available. You can shop and do what you’d like. If you want to look into the horse/cattle situation you can head to one of the push-pin ranches and try investigating. We can run it as a dramatic task:

Lead skill is Investigation at -2.

Cooperative Skills Include: Tracking, notice, survival, are all useful helpers. Persuasion might be helpful when interviewing the local farmers. These are also at -2 and helpfulness is limited to +4.

First Card is: [dice]0[/dice] = 9S
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Re: Mission 4: Will in Testament

Post by Hondo »

OOC Comments
  • Looking up briefly as the Sheriff introduces him, Drake flashes a boyish smile at the 1st SET and nods. Looking like he might say something he is distracted by a butterfly as it flutters across the room. Shaking his head he pulls back the coat he is wearing and points at the tin star pinned inside the coat, out of sight, but easily shown.

"Sheriff, morning. I was distracted by the Earl boys, they were making a fuss over at the Twisted Sister. Had to remind them of a thing or two...legitimate...me? That has got to be the first time anyone has called me that...that makes me happy Sheriff, thank you, almost as happy as the time I got to watch Super Bowl Sunday, February 3, 2228, the Detroit Lions verse Houston Texans...err never mind. So this here is the Legion's finest huh? Nice to meet you fellas," Drake bows to Cory, takes a breath and continues to speak quickly, "Lady. Mmmm, so what is it this time? Simvan, Cutthroats, ain't the Earl boys, there tied up in Madam K's roo...m. It is trouble with the well? Say, why is the Legion here? I thought y'all were wiped out in '09 by a hell pit monster tentacle thing or something? Rumors of a monster swallowing the Castle...What ever it is Sheriff I'm happy to help. Doing the good work, is nice."

Turning to face the far window where the butterfly is lightly tapping against the window Drake waves a hand and a small breeze pushes the window open further. The butterfly lazily flaps out the window into the street beyond, free from the Sheriff's Office. Quietly Drake mutters, "Escapee."

Stepping into the room further, completely at easy being among D-Bee's, Humans, Cyborgs and Dragons, Drake moves to shake hands with any who are willing.

"Nice to meet you..."
OOC Comments
Will post again for cooperative rolls, just getting in a intro post :)
Spell Cast in Post; 1 PPE spent, will regen 1 PPE in 5 minutes.
Spell casting 4 = success.
Spell cast: Elemental Manipulation
Dice: Spellcasting [dice]0[/dice], wd [dice]1[/dice]
Timothy Hernandez

Post by Timothy Hernandez »

Timothy walks up to the sheriff. "I am Sgt. Timothy Hernandez of the 1st SET of the Tomorrow Legion. It just so happens we have some experience with Simvans recently." With the introduction of Drake to the party, Timothy shakes his hand. "Good to meet you Drake. As for that business with the Castle, any rumors of the destruction of the Legion are greatly exaggerated. Of that I can assure you. Welcome to the team, we look forward to your help." By the Emperor another person off the streets.

After the introductions are done and during the preparations to investigate the Simvans, Timothy will approach Q. "Q! Got a minute? I've been thinking about the XO position. I think you would make the best XO anyone, hell you could be a better Sargent. By all accounts, you could lead this team right here, right now. Thank goodness my eyes have not failed yet, since the the upgrade, but I think Cory needs this position more. She needs to detach her identity from Merl and they both need to find themselves."
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 24; (9 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5/6
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 2d12+2
Ammo: 32/32
Bennies: 1
Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Saul »

Saul steps up after Tim to get a look at Drake and meet the sheriff. Saul shifts his sea shell covered armor slightly, his eyes look wary as if he had not seen a good nights sleep in months. Friendly as can be Saul grasps Drake's hand, " You'll have to excuse the captain. He has a lot on his mind. I am Saul, a Sea Inquisitor, born in the sea and like your cyber knights seeking to right wrongs wherever they may be. If you could introduce me to a couple of the farmers who have had their cattle stolen. I could be the soft salty breeze that opens their hearts and minds unfurling a hidden nugget of truth that may prove useful... As a side note if you could direct me to the local orphanage or uhh charity for reading I would like to donate my share of the bounty to someone in need."

Saul makes one detour on the way and donates his share of the bounty to an organization that reportedly does charitable work.

Upon meeting a Farmer or two Saul greets them with the same enthusiasm he met Drake with. " Greeting and salutations my fine cattle bearing friends. My name is Saul, I am a sea inquisitor, much like your cyber knights I am hear to help rectify and resolve your cattle rustling problem. Worry not the Tomorrow Legions Fell's Follies are on your case. We must uncover something concealed about these cattle rustlers..." Saul is halted due to a coughing fit but he clears his passages harshly and continues. " Tell me about the last time your cattle was stolen. Close your eyes and recall the scene. Was the grass whet with fresh dew? What animal sounds can you hear? Then move me to where the cattle are normal kept. Was the ground muddied with their hoof prints, how many were missing, did you see any flashes of light glinting off the morning sun? Think carefully and describe it as if I was there standing next to you."
Persuation, 9 so plus 2 to the investigation roll
Persuation -2 for scene [dice]0[/dice] Wild [dice]1[/dice] Ace [dice]2[/dice]
If he gets his +2 cha bonus for being a becon of light add 2 pts to the roll.
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range, -6 to be hit from greater deflection) Toughness 18(6) but currently 19(6) with a power activated
Skills of note: fighting d12, psionics d10, notice d6
Active powers:
Greater Deflection -6 hit and +2 push
Greater Boost Psionics to d12+3 , +1 spirit and increase vigor to d10, becomes fatigued when it ends
Combat edges:
  • Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
    Improved Psi-sword: Str+spiritx3 ap8
Abilities and ISP: 32/40
  • IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in
Saul Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
+1 post rate
Cory Tetrascroll

Post by Cory Tetrascroll »

OOC Comments
Notice:[dice]0[/dice] Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)
Cory is a little distant, even more than usual. She hangs out with Merl, but rarely talks, and when she does, she's as apt to use telepathy, or Dragonese more than American to talk to him. She only sort of cares what the new mission is. She can't tell if she just wants to burn something or never perpetrate violence again. She does, however, seem way to fascinated with the chainsword. Secretly, maybe, it's part of the way she's mourning Fell.

Immediately, she doesn't like this Drake fellow. Too clean, too polished, too smug. Too much an asshole, she just can tell, he doesn't even have to do anything.
Trying to Prove Drake is a Jerk
Detect Arcana: Mysticism [dice]2[/dice] Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Notice: [dice]4[/dice] Wild [dice]5[/dice]
She goes about the detective tasks somewhat mechanically, but as the work starts to push the rotten mood out of her thoughts, she starts to regain some interest. Exploring a town isn't a bad thing. She mostly just looks around for suspicious things, relying on her gut as much as any specific knowledge.
Investigatory Journalism
Investigation (if no one else has it): [dice]6[/dice] Wild [dice]7[/dice]
Notice (supplemental if not using Investigation) [dice]8[/dice] Wild [dice]9[/dice] Ace [dice]10[/dice]

Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 8/25 | ISP: 5/25 | Bennies: 0
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
[list]+6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport[/list]
Overcoat:
[list]+1 Toughness[/list]
Talisman of Marduk:
[list]+1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance[/list]
Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
[list]Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver[/list]
(Left) TW Club:
[list]Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry[/list][/OOC]
edit signature
"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."
Timothy Hernandez

As the team starts to investigate the problem for the Sheriff, Timothy walks towards Cory and Merl. "Cory. Mind if I talk to you for a minute? Alone?"
Timothy Hernandez
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

8 for Survival Roll Success and Raise
Survival [dice]2[/dice], wd [dice]3[/dice] + [dice]0[/dice] Scene is at -2, 10-2=8
From Sheriffs Office to Orphanage...
  • "Sheriff, my new friend, Will Longmarsh, I am glad to help. One thing I have noticed is animals smell bad, can't fathom why people would steal them, but I understand theft and property...I shall gladly go help these newcomers from the Legion... It's nice to help out."

Moving closer to Timothy, Drake mutters: "Maybe horse tastes good? To aliens I mean. This world is crazy, there are days I miss the copy center...not."

Looking up at the large Cyborg, that apparently is in command, for now, of the SET a large smile crosses Drakes face and he says louder, "Sorry my Metal Messiah, glad to hear the Legion is doing well. This the one where the CS joined the Legion? Castle Prosek built yet?"

Looking at the blank deadpan look on the Cyborg's face, Drake shrugs and readily moves to go shake hands with Saul. On his way over to the man in a Top Hat Drake sees the look on Cory's face. Stopping mid walk, Drake looks like he might say something, then he glances at her Chain Sword and a glint of admiration enters his eye. To himself he thinks: Girls used to carry pom poms in high school, now they are armed like Mad Max warriors. She still lives in a safer world than I did with t'Fethic g'Rohn. It should not feel so strange, helping people, instead of just killing them and stealing their stuff. Get your own sword Drake. Nodding at Cory, a breeze swirls about his collar ruffling his hair and he smiles at her as he moves on. "Lady."

Shaking hands with the new team he genuinely is glads to meet them all. As Saul asks Drake about a charitable organization he chuckles. My Pockets are alway...gah, no. Bad Drake.

"My new friend, Saul, pleasure. I happen to know of a orphanage. It so happens to be between here, the Sheriff's Office, and Madam K's Seeeerrrrrum, innocent massage parlor...place." Looking over at Cory, Drake points Saul out the door and further away from the woman on their team.

"Saul, the orphanage is on my daily walk. I have made a point of stopping by once a day. I am not fond on kids, which is why I force myself to go. I try to do something good each day. You know, once there were a few boys who kept taking away a doll from a girl, so i magically attuned the doll to her, its hi-lar-ious to see the boys try to take the doll now. They can't ya' see... hehe... Well, yeah, so this way."

Pulling a moderate sized flask out of a seemingly flat empty pocket Drake takes a swig as they head towards the orphanage. Drake returns the flask to the pocket where it seemingly disappears into a unused pocket. Drake looks warily about as they walk, his wide blue eyes dart about, looking for enemies. Often his hand rests, casually on the butt of the gun he has, in the drop holster.

Inside the orphanage, Drake hangs his scarf on a peg, next to a large color autographed picture of a old cyber knight, which reads: To all my young fans here in Testament - Sir Sayeen Gabbersleaf. Drake watches as Saul conducts his business and the Time Mage chats to a young D-Bee girl who holds a ratty old doll. Ruffling her hair she runs off to play. Drake points out a butterfly flapping by and the little orphan girl chases after it in awe. Have fun Annie.

After Saul gives away his hard earned cash to a bunch of wet nosed human and D-Bee kids Drake grabs his scarf and makes his way, with Saul, back to the rest of the team. Of course, it so happens that as they leave the thankful kids behind, and make to leave, Drake heads towards the "massage parlor" until Saul reminds Drake that they should be heading back. Looking lost for a moment Drake nods.

"Oh yes, I forgot. Sorry. Of course, we have a mission. Lead on Saul." That is a badass hat, think of the stuff I could store out of phase in it. I need one.

Later in the day, after the SET leaves the more city like areas, and are out by some ranches (Survival Skill):
  • "Grigleaper. Over there. Be careful all, they typically hunt in packs of 4-16, though some larger nests in ancient ruins have been infested with hundreds. That is a sight to see, saw it near where Colorado Springs once was. Bony Exoskeletons, four arms, tail, claws, call climb walls with ease. That is how they got Deputy Dog Vaughan, nearly kilt him. I was just happening by, had to send the guy forward in time and go get help for when he arrived. Sheriff is a good guy, believed me and had medics there. Anyway, these creatures are alien predators that prey on large animals, including humans and humanoids. Grigleapers are fearless and have been known to take on Devil Unicorns, dragons, and Tyrannosaurs. The predators have characteristics of both animals and insects, with powerful, grasshopper-like hind legs, four arms, and a bony exoskeleton....hmm I said that huh. Slime-covered tentacles extend from the four arms to ensnare and entangle prey and their long and flexible tail has a sharp, blade-like spike for slashing and stabbing as much as balance. Nasty. So like I say, one is over there, lets avoid it as we search shall we."

Most of the trip, for now, Drake talks easily with Saul and anyone else interested in chatting. So not Tim, or Cory. Several times he is lost in his own thoughts. Even now, he wears no apparent armor. Though a interesting amulet is worn and on a few occasions he toys with it.

Silently drake reflects: Our, quote leader end quote spends a lot of time talking alone with the woman Cory. My god, we have a 16 year old in command? Is this a bad movie adaptation from a teen book? Oh my god, it is a teen romance book, there is a dragon too. I wonder if they are in love? Love triangle? I miss Madam K.
Qoat

Post by Qoat »

Timothy Hernandez wrote:After the introductions are done and during the preparations to investigate the Simvans, Timothy will approach Q. "Q! Got a minute? I've been thinking about the XO position. I think you would make the best XO anyone, hell you could be a better Sargent. By all accounts, you could lead this team right here, right now. Thank goodness my eyes have not failed yet, since the the upgrade, but I think Cory needs this position more. She needs to detach her identity from Merl and they both need to find themselves."
Hearing Tim's basso voice call up to him from where he's perched inside the engine compartment, Qoat stands up, his shadow tall from this height blocking the light out Timothy's eyes, and casting his own face into heavy shadow. "I drive the bus, chief. If you want to give Cory some command responsiblity, go ahead, no objection from me." He wipes his hands on a dirty rag. "I'll back your play."

The Quick Flex looks off into the distance, "Scuttlebutt around here is that rustlers out here, are we 'on the case'?" If the cyborg answers in the affirmative, Qoat follows up with, "I'll get the Q-Mobile stocked."

Qoat makes sure to replenish any used foods stuffs and water in the storage bins. When the teams ready to roll out, he attempts to tune the sensors to help find identify the herds out on the plains.

Rolls
Notice:[dice]0[/dice], Ace 1:[dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
Total: 11

Knowledge: Electronics: [dice]2[/dice], Ace 1: [dice]5[/dice] | Use the sensor suite in the Q-Mobile.
Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]
Total: 8

Bennies: 2/3

Band of Mental Connection: 30/30 I.S.P.
Blink Box: 30/30 I.S.P.
Glove of Remote Manipulation: 30/30 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 30/30 I.S.P.
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle
Timothy Hernandez

Qoat wrote: Hearing Tim's basso voice call up to him from where he's perched inside the engine compartment, Qoat stands up, his shadow tall from this height blocking the light out Timothy's eyes, and casting his own face into heavy shadow. "I drive the bus, chief. If you want to give Cory some command responsiblity, go ahead, no objection from me." He wipes his hands on a dirty rag. "I'll back your play."

The Quick Flex looks off into the distance, "Scuttlebutt around here is that rustlers out here, are we 'on the case'?" If the cyborg answers in the affirmative, Qoat follows up with, "I'll get the Q-Mobile stocked."
Timothy gives Q a rare smile and places his hand on Q's shoulder. "Thanks Q. I knew you would understand. Yes, we are going rustler hunting. It's what we do after all."

Timothy walks over to Cory. Now lets hope Cory is willing to make her voice heard.
Timothy Hernandez
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sinder »

When Drake walks in Sinder nods to him and waits for some sort of introduction. Sinder shakes Drake's hand. When the introductions are over Sinder speaks to the Sheriff, "Sir I am glad that you got these wanted people you were looking for. You said there are a lot of troubles and you are shorthanded. Now the people we turned in did show great honor. when we were attacked by the Simvan's they stepped up and help defeat them. and after the battle they stayed even though we were taking them in. We let them keep their weapons as they rode with us. They had horses and all, they could have ridden away, but they did not. Sir I suggest that you use their abilities to help you around here, I know they have a great mechanic, a fantastic Mage and a Burster, not to mention Power Armor pilots. This group proved they are resourceful, they are fast and hard hitting.” Sinder Hopes some more of his team will step up and say something. "Comon guys most of us had some shady past and people gave us second chances." He looks to Rylee and hopes she can get free buy working for the sheriff.

Sinder takes a deep breath, "It would be wise and mutually benefitable, To not only use these people to help you and to help them by providing them with work. and you can withold a fair amount to pay off their own bounty. Keep half of them in Jail at a time for assuraances. " Sinder is hoping the Sheriff sees that this is a way to kill two birds with one stone. "Comon this is a fair deal."

To the sheriff he ask for access to information for the group, "Sir if you have information any data maybe on a computer of this area Cory could use it."

To Cory, "I know you and Qoat could use infomation I would like to have the information available for us. I do have a new computer you could put the information on."

Sinder starts his investigation in the sheriffs office trying to gather information.

Investigation
uses one of his auto aces [dice]0[/dice]
Wildcard [dice]1[/dice]
total 9
tries to look fo a patterns like where are the trails heading into a particular area along a route, maybe a time of the month new moon, cloudy night. also what are they doing with the cattle are there any bones are they to be eaten aor are they being sold?
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:50/50 Spent 8 Left 42
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +2 from play, Quarter 3
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP Used Battle of Albuquerque

New Cards 4th quarter

3d52 = 99: 35, 30, 34

Seize the Day The character acts as if he had
drawn a Joker this combat round

Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

Guantlet of the Demon Slayer
Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)
Major: Power Banish/Banish the Horde (3/6 One or Large Burst area)

Minor: +5 PP

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage
Cory Tetrascroll

Timothy Hernandez wrote:As the team starts to investigate the problem for the Sheriff, Timothy walks towards Cory and Merl. "Cory. Mind if I talk to you for a minute? Alone?"
"Whatever, like what do you want?" Cory says, suspicious, but more distracted by a new magicky type in a sweater. A sweater!

Cory Tetrascroll
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
[list]+6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport[/list]
Overcoat:
Talisman of Marduk:
[list]+1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance[/list]
Weapon in Hand:
[list]Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver[/list]
(Left) TW Club:
edit signature
"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."
Timothy Hernandez

"I want to talk about the team. I need a xo. I want you to be it. Be the voice of reason. Be the defender of the team.
You have worked great with Merl, but now it's time to spread your wings. Before you ask why not Q, he is the best option to be leader, however, I want to keep him available to help you should anything happen to me. I see leadership in you."
Timothy Hernandez
Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Saul »

Before their business is concluded out on the ranches Saul looks at Drake. Twice now, he has made some off handed remarks about the Tomorrow Legion. Twice, the remarks were of events that have not happened... Curious. Saul cumsily sits down on a rock nearly missing the rock itself. He seems thourouly winded from the walk out to the ranch.
Saul still manages a smile, " Drake, you have my intrest. Where do your views of the Tomorrow Legion stem from?"
Saul fishes out 2 canteens of water, handing one to Drake and takimg a swig from the other.
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range, -6 to be hit from greater deflection) Toughness 18(6) but currently 19(6) with a power activated
Active powers:
Greater Boost Psionics to d12+3 , +1 spirit and increase vigor to d10, becomes fatigued when it ends
Combat edges:
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
Saul Bennies
+1 post rate
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

Manipulate Time
Insert Spell Casting: [dice]2[/dice], [dice]1[/dice], at the * 2 PPE spent, will be regenerated in 10 minutes.

• Drake pauses when Saul stops and has a seat. Looking around at the surrounding he is cautiously keeping an eye out for any sort of trouble. After Saul asks his question, Drake excepts the water.

"Thank you Saul."

Returning the canteen to the Sea Inquisitor the Temporal Wizard shrugs.

"My views?"

A moment later he finds his own rock to perch against.

"Saul, I've but spent the day with your First SET, and I like you all. You guys are heroes. I haven't always worked for the good guys. Wanted to, hell since I read the first book in the Deathdancer Saga, wanted to work for the good guys."

Reaching behind him, into his flat rear pocket, Drake pulls out a old book. On its cover is a man dressed in a black old world flashy suit and in dark sunglasses. Holding a woman in one hand and a odd hand gun in the other the character looks dashing. The words Deathdancer Saga are written over the character.

"The Deathdancer Saga chronicled the fictional adventures of Julian Amici, a European Juicer and spy back in the 21st Century. Fictional. Except, and I wish I could have met him, I heard this Julian Amici was at Newtown and fought aliens there, maybe he is not a character in a book but instead a real hero who is just from another version of reality. See Saul. That's the issue. There are infinite versions of everything. Time and Space are cascading backwards and forwards in times and after the great cataclysm those infinite versions are all crashing into each other. It's how t'Fethic would have us raid a place and then instantly re-raid it from a different angle and score double. It's why the very most important things in your life should be attuned only to your own bio energy, to prevent identical selves from stealing from the various you's. I realize most of what I just said is mundane and simple, its basic temporal physics, I'm not trying to avoid the question, merely explain why my answer is...my views of the Legion are seen through a fly's eye, fractured and a kaleidoscope of infinite versions. I have allowed the currents of Space Time to pull me into its crashing waves and seen many same things much different. Trust me Saul, there is a Castle Prosek where the CS joined the Legion and there is a massive hole in the earth from a tentacled monster that swallowed the Legion and fiery hell burns upwards unleashing demons where heroes fell, and then there is what ever you have going on here. I have no views of your bio-E version of the Legion, outside of what you tell me and I may some day see here in this version. Thus far, my view is completely comprised of what you all here and now have shown me. So my current view....the Legion is good and full of heroes. I'd like to be part of that. I am not originally from this BE and I am far removed, separated by many degrees, from my starting BE Prime, as I try to stay ahead of t'Fethic, who would flay my soul for infinity if he were to find me, for I left his evil service and wish to be a hero like the Sheriff here or you Saul."

Standing up and brushing dirt off his leather pants, straightening and brushing off his sweater, Drake smiles, "What is it with that Cory? She a magic hater? I've seen those blessed by the mystic arts, who instinctively cast, hate those that have learned its arts. Or does she just not like anyone? I keep trying to be polite....look there...."

Moving closer to a tree Drake looks up at a bee hive and seems lost in the activity there for a moment. Turning to face Saul the boyish grin leaves Drake's face and he coughs.

"What were we talking about? I'm sorry I got distracted." Looking down at the book in his hand he nods, "Oh, yes, Deathdancer. Fun read, one day I might be able to get back and possibly catch backwards to him here. Ask him his views. Saul? You are the good guys right? It feel like it. But if you end up being evil...It won't sit well with me. You donated you earning to the orphans and are trying to help the Sheriff so you seem like good guys. I really hope you are. Shall we continue?"

Seeing the rest of the 1st SET moving closer Drake points at them and starts heading that way, as he walks Saul can see the book is returned to a flat pocket that stays flat as the book seemingly disappears.

*A deja vu feeling passes across the area and Drake is no longer walking away from Saul, but instead perched on the same rock he was before, handing a canteen back to Saul the mage says, "Time and Space are tricky. The only thing you can do is use it, play with time and enjoy it, before time wastes you away. Thanks for the water, shall we? Looks like the others are over there."

Standing up Drake heads towards the others, "Saul I ever tell you about this great book I once read?"
OOC Comments
If your head doesn't hurt after reading this post, I did it wrong.
Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Saul »

Saul takes a sip of water. He shields his eyes against the sun looking out at the open ranch. He smiles and offers Drake some hard tack. " Cory? She might hate magic users, but I suspect it is something deeper. I have only met one women like her in my life. A dark storm cloud hangs above her. She is fickle, one moment a calm tranquil placid pool of water. Looking at her you see yourself reflected right back. Then the next she can be a raging inferno, swells up to 50ft, larger than life can imagine. She casts you aside like a rag doll missing 2 limbs then holds you under until you cannot breathe. Just looking at her is enough to freeze your heart." Saul pats Drake gently on the arm and echoes his question. " What is it with Cory? She is the sea my friend."
Saul Combat data
Active powers:
Combat edges:
Saul Bennies
+1 post rate
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Merlaggon »

Listening to Drake talk and seeing the Temporal variances in his presence, Merlaggon scratches his head then gives his head a shake

"Cory, the new guy talks weird. Time also seems to work strangely near him. It makes my head hurt! Want to go for a flight?!? I think that I may be able to get a good look for the cattle rustlers and their stolen stuff from the air."

Once Cory is ready, Merlaggon will take to the skies and see if he can spot any signs of them.
Notice 4
At -2 due to Scene Difficulty. This is to assist in the investigation.
Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
Extra Effort from Timothy's Bennie: [dice]2[/dice]
Result: 4 - Success.
Time to fly in a regulation search grid... hey! Where did that though come from?!?!?
Last edited by Merlaggon on Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 0/3
  • [*]Base Amount
    -2 due Reroll on Hungry Helpers
    -1 due Extra Effort on Armor Power
ISP :20 / 10
PPE :38 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: Armor (+4 Armor due Raise, -1 to be hit by Ranged Weapons)
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 8
Toughness: Dragon Form - 47 (24) 43(20); Size +8
Toughness: Human Form - 15(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69
Cory Tetrascroll

Cory stares at Tim for several long seconds. Her eyes squint as she almost glares at the team's leader. Her brain throbs a little bit trying to comprehend what Tim is saying, it doesn't make any sense. He hates her. Thinks she's a petulant child. Or maybe that's just what she thinks Tim thinks. So much of this is confusing! When they left Castle Refuge it all seemed so simple. They were the good guys. They had a mission. Fell was in charge, and that was all that mattered. The "XO" position or whatever they call it, was not important in the slightest to Cory. In fact, thinking about it, she has no idea what it really means.

"Like, whatever, sure, I mean, okay, but like what exactly am I supposed to do? Right? Like you and Fell I don't know, like you know, what you talked about or what your job even really was. I like totally thought you were just kind of muscle and some military type badass who looks all scary. I mean, I guess, like you know, I didn't know what else you did beyond that, right?" Cory says quickly, her "filler words" thick as she speaks with little thought or care. "But like, you know, like okay. I mean, it's cool right? I like, you know, like that, well, I don't know, right, like, uh, does that mean you kind of listen to what I've said? I thought you like totally blew me off as some like petulant child, right, whatever though. So, like what do I do?"

Stressed out after the conversation Cory will fly with Merl and confide in him her concerns and how mixed she feels about this. Here's the gist, "I never thought Tim had anything but contempt for me. This is such a surprise. Do you think it will work? Can I be actually kind of in authority. It just seems sudden and weird. Thanks for listening, I just need to blab for a bit, you know..."

Cory Tetrascroll
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
Overcoat:
Talisman of Marduk:
Weapon in Hand:
(Left) TW Club:
edit signature
Timothy Hernandez

Timothy's expression is difficult to read, especially when Cory rambles on. "I know this is a surprise, and you don't think you can do it. But you can. You have taught Merl, you can lead everyone else. You will get guidance, I'll help guide you on the finer points of command. But most important is for you to be my voice of reason when I need it. Not all the time. When we are in battle, we must be unified. If you feel that I am being too hard on someone, take me to the side, make your argument. When we are in a situation like with the cutthroats, don't be afraid to talk me down from shooting them. If I do, your conscious is clear and I take full responsibility. My job is to make sure the mission is a success, your job is to make sure the team works well together. Think it over, let me know when we are done with this investigation of cattle ranchers or sum such shit. F'ing hicks."

Investigation

Timothy is not built for this kind of work, he was never trained for this kind of work. He is not happy with this kind of work. F'ing hicks can't keep themselves off of their own sisters or cows. With a sigh Timothy starts to look around for anything out unusual, however he is out of his element. Seeing Merl struggling to look around his hands cover the medicine back that was given to the team. I have both Lails, and Fells still. The team will have questions about hers. That is simple, she felt guilty taking it with her since they are a match set. Now lets see how this works. Timothy stands there looking kind of constipated, but he does notice something happening to him. As if a piece of his soul is traveling and ends up with Merl awaiting instructions. With shiver down his cybernetic spine, That felt weird. Lets not do that too often. Timothys distrust of magic is only re-enforced.

Once that experiment is done, Timothy gets on the radio. "Sinder, why don't you and Sparky take the lead on this? Tag whoever you need to for support. The rest,
do what you can, if Sinder or Sparky tags you, do it."
With those orders, Timothy looks around.
OOC Comments
Notice: [dice]0[/dice] Wild: [dice]1[/dice] Ace: [dice]2[/dice] Ace: [dice]3[/dice] Total: 19
Timothy Hernandez
Sparky
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sparky »

With his Titan Gnome armor safely stowed on top of the Q-Mobile Sparkmort opts for body armor and a side arm plus a cowboy hat he managed to pick up somewhere on the way into town. Sparkmort stays in the background as introductions are made though he shakes Drake's hand when offered. When the Sheriff mentions their trouble with stolen cattle Sparkmort perks up and breaks out in a wide grin. "Rustlers, eh? Well, time to hit the local watering holes. One thing about cowboys, they can't keep their big mouths shut when they're drinking. I know, it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it. Don't wait up for me boys, Cory." Wagging his eyebrows he doffs his cowboy hat at the mystic and settles it back on his head as he heads out into town to find the sort of joints one goes to when one wants to see what sort of scuttlebut can be picked up.

Going on an impromptu pub crawl Sparky manages to ply a number of likely sources with alcohol all the while pumping them for information. Several bars and a number of beers later a somewhat inebriated Sparky decides he has learned all that he is going to learn for today. Of course it may also have to do with Olivia, the lovely livery stables owner he had met earlier in the evening. The next morning cowboy Sparky shows back up at the Sheriff's office only slightly worse for wear and still wearing his grin.

"Boy, you guys will never believe what I heard last night!"
Streetwise 22, Success + 4 Raises
Streetwise Die [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
-1 bennie for Extra Effort with Elan
Extra Effort Die [dice]2[/dice]
Extra Effort Ace [dice]3[/dice]
Extra Effort Ace Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Saul »

Timothy Hernandez wrote:
Once that experiment is done, Timothy gets on the radio. "Sinder, why don't you and Sparky take the lead on this? Tag whoever you need to for support. The rest,
do what you can, if Sinder or Sparky tags you, do it."
With those orders, Timothy looks around.
OOC Comments
Notice: [dice]25932:0[/dice] Wild: [dice]25932:1[/dice] Ace: [dice]25932:2[/dice] Ace: [dice]25932:3[/dice] Total: 19
Ok Captain, I will wait as if beeched on the rocky shoals. Saul looks at Drake, " Looks like we set course a bit premature by asking these folks questions. We are only supposed to move in if Tagged for support. I don't suppose you can rewind some of the events, just to after we left the orphanage. I would like those sweet kids to get some needed creds. I would really like to get on the Captain's good side, so I need to erase us asking questions of the farm hand out here. I suppose its a damn shame I really liked getting to know you."

Saul stands looking firmly at Drake ready to undo his previous action until so tagged.
OOC Comments
Assuming Drake can do that, Ignore the previous +2 bonus.
Saul Combat data
Active powers:
Combat edges:
Saul Bennies
+1 post rate
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Wrestling the Rustlers
Sinder takes the lead on the investigation reviewing the Sheriff’s notes and photos already taken from the scene, while the most of the group heads out to the ranch to help look for clues. For his part, Sparky hits up the local pubs for rumours and news.

The local farmers are cooperative enough, especially with Deputy Drake nearby - even if he is the weird one - and reveal that the thieves came in the night but no one heard anything. Which isn’t unusual since Simvan have the ability to seem friendly to animals. Looking around for a bit the group is able to observe a number of things that help them piece together what may have happened.

Tracks and other physical evidence suggest a small group snuck into the area on foot and quietly lead the horses away using their affinity with animals to make the whole thing happen almost noiselessly. Of course, even the best woodsmen can’t completely cover up the movements of so many animals. With Tim’s eagle eyes, Merl’s aerial surveillance, and Qoat’s sensors the group is able to track back the herd to some foothills. A lot of hoof prints and horse droppings litter the area, as well as some very large clawed tracks that suggest the small group of thieves met up with a larger group here and headed for the hills, where the trail goes a bit cold.

Back at the office, Sinder checks out a few maps of the area and is able to guess at a couple of potential hiding places for such a large group. Assuming they are trying to go west and take their stolen goods back to the main Simvan ranges the 1st SET at least has a direction of travel. At a bit of a standstill Sparky returns to the group, slightly inebriated but bearing good news, a local goat herder who works the foothills says something has been preying on and eating his goats and can lead the group to where it happened.

Do you go with the scruffy looking nerf herder?
Dramatic Task
Successes: 3 of 5
Next Card: [dice]0[/dice] = 2S

Lead roll is still Investigation at -4, Cooperative Rolls are capped at +4. New difficulty level is due to terrain and expert Simvan woodsmen covering their tracks.
Signature
Sparky
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sparky »

Cocking his cowboy hat back on his head Sparkmort grins at Tim, "Well if you ask me I'd say plan A would be to suit up and have that goat herder take us out to where his goats were getting killed. On the other hand we can always try setting us up a little trap of our own." At that Sparky frowns and rubs his chin, "the only problem with that scenario is for a trap to work you generally need bait. I don't know about you all but I'm fresh out of cattle." He glances at Merl for a moment then shakes his head, "nah, that would never work. Moving on!"

Clasping his hands behind his back Sparkmort paces back and forth while talking to himself as much as the others. "Hmm, maybe we could get one of the local ranchers to let us use a herd for bait? What about it Deputy Drake? Anyone around here got the balls to let us dangle some livestock like a worm on a hook?"

Still pacing Sparkmort continues to rattle of options. "How about a pattern? Did anyone spot a pattern to the thefts yet? When I'm hunting a bounty the easiest way to nab em is to figure out where they are going and get there first. Bad guys making a get away tend to spend a lot more time looking where they been than where they're going."

Sparty stops pacing and shrugs, "Worst case scenario we can just split up into teams and stake out the most likely targets for the next raid. It's not sexy but if we can't get them to come to us and we can't get the jump on them it may be our only play."
Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Saul »

Saul binks at Sparky getting up from his nap. Never seems enough time to get some shut eye.. He clambers over shaking the lead out of his legs.
Hey yawns smiles at Sparky, " I can't say the farmers told us any thing useful. I am not even sure I met with them. Turns out Drake can bend time and space to his will as easy as the sea to a boat."
Still smiling Saul tags Sparky back, " Tell you what I can do, I'll head out with the goat herder and poke arround a bit. Maybe something will leap out at my and say Ahah!" Saul bows deep to Timothy and Cory. "Assuming that is alright by our new leadership. I would not want to step on your bow spirit. Least of all I would not want to offend your moral sensibilities, so I will of course acquiesce to any request you make of me." Saul clicks his heels smartly, and grins at the jest.

Saul yawns again and slouches on a rock then if given leave he wanders off into the hills with the goat hearder keeping a half lid eye open. Saul's eyes flash with a short spark as he realses some of his inner strength to better give him an idea of what supernatural threats may lurk.
Dark Sense, darksight with supernatural evil awareness
Psionics [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice]
Dark Sense, Darksight: 2 ISP, Range: Touch, Duration 1 hour (1/hour)
Trappings: A piercing gaze that sees into the immortal soul. This gaze cuts through darkness and is ever watchful for the supernatural. So daunting this sight is that If the creature is right in front of him he can cast deep into the creature's soul feeling what if any darkness lurks in its heart. Supernatural Evil Awareness: You are better able to detect the supernatural and if they are close enough get a sense of what kind of evil lurks in their hearts. +1 ppt for the duration of the beneficial power on a success he gets +1 to notice the supernatural and on a raise of the power, as long as the supernatural is adjacent he can get a sense of what kind of evil lurks within its heart.
Notice crit failure
Notice [dice]2[/dice] wild [dice]3[/dice]
Saul's electronic eyes fail at the worst time as a spear unlooked for hits him in the throat and he goes down in a bloody gurgling mess.
Saul Combat data
Active powers:
Combat edges:
Saul Bennies
+1 post rate
Qoat

Post by Qoat »

Qoat joins Saul and the nerf herder out onto the foothills. "The Q-Mobile isn't stealthy, so if you want me to follow behind a few klicks, no problem, otherwise, you guys are welcome to hop on board," Qoat says to Saul and his new BFF. "If we do run into something," Q whacks the side of one of the huge tires, "we can probably outrun it."

The Quick-Flex, snug in the cab of the Q-Mobile, moves out at a sedate pace trying to keep the dust kicked up by the giant tires to a minimum.

Rolls
Notice:[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice], Ace 1: [dice]4[/dice]
Total: 7

Knowledge: Electronics: [dice]2[/dice] | Use the sensor suite in the Q-Mobile.
Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]
Total: 5

Bennies: 2/3

Band of Mental Connection: 30/30 I.S.P.
Blink Box: 30/30 I.S.P.
Glove of Remote Manipulation: 30/30 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 30/30 I.S.P.
Qoat
Qoat

Cory Tetrascroll

OOC Comments
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Cory grows frustrated with her ability to contribute to the task at hand. She's not a detective or a skilled tracker. She is a spell caster. She uses magic. She uses psionics. For a few moments Cory considers her options, what would be the most helpful? After running through her abilities. As much as she'd like to rain fire down and blow things up, that doesn't seem very helpful. She then moves on to the less destructive powers. Her initial thought it so transform herself into an eagle or something with sharp eyesight like that. Maybe instead of eyesight, she thought, smell might be more effective. While thinking of highly scent-sensitive creatures to turn into, it occurred to her that she could summon a pack of critters instead of just transforming herself. Not only did that seem helpful, it also seemed like a lot of fun.

So she sat down and summoned a pack of bloodhounds to sic on the trail.

She really had to hustle to keep up, which meant using the enhanced speed of her magic armor. It was tiring work, but she really felt it gave her a better chance to contribute.
Mysticism 7
Mysticism: [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice] Ace: [dice]4[/dice]
Summon 6 Bloodhounds (13 PPE)

Cory Tetrascroll
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
Overcoat:
Talisman of Marduk:
Weapon in Hand:
(Left) TW Club:
edit signature
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

Fighting: [dice]0[/dice] ACE [dice]1[/dice] ACE [dice]2[/dice] = 17
Wild die: [dice]4[/dice]
Spell, Time Manipulation: [dice]6[/dice]
Wild die: [dice]5[/dice]

• Looking around Drake comes out of his absentmindedness and thinks, "What were we doing?" Seeing Saul wander off Drake jumps up from his seat and quickly follows the Sea Inquisitor. Almost caught up to Saul, a twisting of air to Drakes right pulls his eyes to it. A small opening in space and time silently spreads open and the tip of a spear pokes out.

Saul fails to see the spear and it flies out of the portal and hits him in the throat, and the Sea inquisitor goes down in a bloody gurgling mess. Drake groans and quickly casts a little manipulation of time. Once again Saul walks, Drake follows and a portal starts to open up. Moving towards the portal Drake reaches out and grabs the spear, yanking it from whoever is on the other side of the small portal. Ripping the spear from whoever's hands, Drake tosses in a grenade to the other side of the portal and closes the portal. Turning to Saul, Drake calls out: "So? What do you see out here? Something of interest?" Carrying the salty spear as it drips sea water Drake looks around and shrugs. "What were we doing?"
OOC Comments
Saul: Maybe reroll that Notice Roll since it has not happened yet.
Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Saul »

Drake wrote:
Fighting: [dice]26419:0[/dice] ACE [dice]26419:1[/dice] ACE [dice]26419:2[/dice] = 17
Wild die: [dice]26419:4[/dice]
Spell, Time Manipulation: [dice]26419:6[/dice]
Wild die: [dice]26419:5[/dice]

• Looking around Drake comes out of his absentmindedness and thinks, "What were we doing?" Seeing Saul wander off Drake jumps up from his seat and quickly follows the Sea Inquisitor. Almost caught up to Saul, a twisting of air to Drakes right pulls his eyes to it. A small opening in space and time silently spreads open and the tip of a spear pokes out.

Saul fails to see the spear and it flies out of the portal and hits him in the throat, and the Sea inquisitor goes down in a bloody gurgling mess. Drake groans and quickly casts a little manipulation of time. Once again Saul walks, Drake follows and a portal starts to open up. Moving towards the portal Drake reaches out and grabs the spear, yanking it from whoever is on the other side of the small portal. Ripping the spear from whoever's hands, Drake tosses in a grenade to the other side of the portal and closes the portal. Turning to Saul, Drake calls out: "So? What do you see out here? Something of interest?" Carrying the salty spear as it drips sea water Drake looks around and shrugs. "What were we doing?"
OOC Comments
Saul: Maybe reroll that Notice Roll since it has not happened yet.
Saul smiles at Drake. " I can't much in this mess. My eyes are giving me the Heebee Jeeves. One time I was caught in a storm that fried my optic nerves. I got some bio replacements that go offline from time to time! Was that a fracking spear? I would be on the deck whet as a bildge bunny. Thanks." Saul flips his comm open, "Sprky had a good thought about getting some bait. I got 900 creds to contribute to buying some live stalk. What do you think Tim, set up a little trap up here with the goat hearder? "
Saul Combat data
Active powers:
Combat edges:
Saul Bennies
+1 post rate
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

[dice]0[/dice] Spellcasting
[dice]1[/dice] wd
OOC Comments
Buzz Drake
Stats and Personality Traits (Use CS Military Specialist OCC)
Detective Grimwar "Buzz" Drake
Occupation: Born again Christian Detroit Detective from the early 21st century. This bible thumping radical man's man is a hard boiled detective and war veteran who has seen better days. Having only recently seen God, he sorely misses the booze and cigarettes and thus is a grumpy sullen asshole. Except to females, he is a prince to them, always treating them with respect.
  • Drake looks at the others. ”I’ll contribute too, uh or we could just borrow some livestock. Flash my badge a bit...” Nodding to himself he thinks of the best way to help in this important detective work.

Melodramatic finger waving and a quick spell uttered summons an Old Friend.

Buzz flicked the cigarette away and looked like he just got caught by his mother raiding the cookie jar. ”Fuc..sss..fudge Drake, I was tailing a perp! Seriously, what on Gods green Earth do you want now?" Buzz has been summoned before and obviously isn't too startled by the sudden change in worlds. Opening his coat and hastily hiding a pack of cigarettes in a pocket, one can see the same hand gun on his chest holster, next to a detectives badge and a pocket watch like chain / amulet that looks like exactly like Drake carries. A little off in age, way less hair, on top especially, and missing Drake fashion sense, Buzz looks like a twin brother to the Time Mage.

Drake beams with an infectious smile.

”Hi Buzz! We’re tracking a ... perp too! See that lovely lady over there? Could ya maybe give her a hand? Thanks man.”

Turning to look at Cory who is chasing after strange dogs Buzz rolls his eyes. He knows the easiest way to get this done is just helping Drake.

Grabbing a bike that materialized here with him Buzz sets off to catch up with Cory.

Riding a motorized 10 speed Buzz zips across the way and catches up with Cory. For the next 10-20 minutes he chats with her, giving his best Detective insight and suggesting some avenues for searching to her. The mini lesson in Detective work is given to Cory as she follows the summoned pups.

Buzz turns out to be a pretty nice, down to Earth guy who isn’t exactly fond of Drake but says mostly nice things.

Buzz genuinely is polite to Cory and tries his best to assist her. Along the way he apologized to Cory for Drake being an odd duck. Buzz tells Cory that Drake was stolen out of his own time and space and forced to do bad stuff to live. It’s not an excuse just Info he says. After the Time Mage got away he traveled the Dimensions and that’s how they met.

He is mid sentence and talking about how he once was about to be killed by the mob when Drake popped in unexpectedly and saved him.... and suddenly without warning Buzz, and the bike, disappear.
Drake for his part nods at Q and decides to take the offer of a ride. Sitting in the Q-Mobile Drakes says, "Qoat my man, I ever tell you about this girl I worked with in a group called Future's Brigade ? Veronica ..... "
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sinder »

Tracks and other physical evidence suggest a small group snuck into the area on foot and quietly lead the horses away using their affinity with animals to make the whole thing happen almost noiselessly. Of course, even the best woodsmen can’t completely cover up the movements of so many animals. With Tim’s eagle eyes, Merl’s aerial surveillance, and Qoat’s sensors the group is able to track back the herd to some foothills. A lot of hoof prints and horse droppings litter the area, as well as some very large clawed tracks that suggest the small group of thieves met up with a larger group here and headed for the hills, where the trail goes a bit cold.
Sinder is thinking ahead of the game. He doesn’t like what he sees. The place is a maze. They could have lookouts anywhere, and the place is crawling with places to ambush them. He looks to Tim and the others and states, “This place, is a trap waiting to be sprung. We will most likely have to be on foot. Speed will be slow, we did get a robot horse that could help some, but if they were smart they could have people out watching us the entire way. I could go astral and try to check out where their lookouts are? And then take them out quietly. I like the idea of Cory to use hounds. If Qoat can build a small drone we could get a view from that too."

Eventually Sinder and the group gets on the trail and he will summon his allies to help in the investigation and help move them closer to their goal.

Investigation
uses one of his auto aces: 10 [dice]0[/dice]
total 17

Summon Ally cost 3 PP +1 for additional Allied

Spirit [dice]1[/dice] Extra Effort [dice]2[/dice]

Notice [dice]3[/dice] for first Ally
Notice [dice]4[/dice] for second Ally

Wildcard [dice]5[/dice]
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP

New Cards 4th quarter

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.

Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Merlaggon »

Dramatic Task 7
Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
Ace: [dice]2[/dice]
Result: 7 - Success. +1 to Assist in Dramatic Task
Taking to the skies again, Merlaggon continues to try to spot any signs of where the animals could have been taken as well as if it was the Simvan who took them.
Merlaggon

• [*]Base Amount

OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

Sparky
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sparky »

Saul wrote: Saul smiles at Drake. " I can't much in this mess. My eyes are giving me the Heebee Jeeves. One time I was caught in a storm that fried my optic nerves. I got some bio replacements that go offline from time to time! Was that a fracking spear? I would be on the deck whet as a bildge bunny. Thanks." Saul flips his comm open, "Sprky had a good thought about getting some bait. I got 900 creds to contribute to buying some live stalk. What do you think Tim, set up a little trap up here with the goat hearder? "
"Well let me see what I can find before you start giving me your money. I might not want to give it back. Heh heh. I'll get back you once I make some friends in the cattle industry. Sparky out."

"Well, it looks like it's time to hit the streets again! I wonder if I can find myself a pair a cowboy boots that will fit me? Heh, never mind that can wait till later." Settling his cowboy hat on his head Sparkmort heads out to see if he could find them a herd of cattle to buy. Or rent, rent would be better though I have no idea how that would work. Would I have to get them insured in case of theft or slaughter? Never mind, Sparky, focus! You got a job to do so get out there and do it.
Streetwise 15, +3 to primary roll
Streetwise [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
-1 bennie for Extra Effort
+2 for Elan
Extra Effort [dice]2[/dice]
EE Ace [dice]3[/dice]
Timothy Hernandez

The team is debating on what to do next. Timothy is being abnormally quiet and reserved. Normally he is shouting out orders right away and arguing that his idea is the right idea. For those who don't know him, (and possibly for those who do) he looks like he is unsure of himself and what to do. Those people wouldn't necessarily be wrong. He is listening and observing the team and what they suggest for the next action. This isn't Timothy's training. he is a killing machine, point him in the direction of the enemy and let him loose. He will shoot, stab, and strangle his opponent. He is not trained or designed to track and investigate. He sees Cory summon a pack of creatures to track with. Okay, tracking animals good idea. Drake summons some random guy that goes on to talk to Cory. Corrupt the time line to help our current investigation. Bad idea. Sparky starts talking about getting bait. Unless there is a change in plans that i'm not aware of, the CS is still recovering from the war with tolkeen, Killing the local livestock would not benefit anyone. Is it a good idea to do both? I'm not thrilled about having the bait with us. It goes against everything I was trained. Well, leadership always made choices I didn't agree with. No exceptions for them." Timothy will look at Sparky.

"No bait. Cory has a lead on the trail with the pack, Sinder provide support, Merl take to the air and look out for recon. Saul, ride with Q and cover us. Drake provide support to Cory. I'll ride with Q. The objective is to locate the enemy base camp. Once we locate it, we will observe and plan our attack. We must get them by surprised. Be cautious Merl don't get into any fights. You see something, report it or return to us immediately. No point in announcing our strongest tank before it's needed. Any questions?"

If there are no objections. "Roll out"
Timothy Hernandez
Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Saul »

Timothy Hernandez wrote:
"No bait. Cory has a lead on the trail with the pack, Sinder provide support, Merl take to the air and look out for recon. Saul, ride with Q and cover us. Drake provide support to Cory. I'll ride with Q. The objective is to locate the enemy base camp. Once we locate it, we will observe and plan our attack. We must get them by surprised. Be cautious Merl don't get into any fights. You see something, report it or return to us immediately. No point in announcing our strongest tank before it's needed. Any questions?"

If there are no objections. "Roll out"
" No Objections... I do feel a bit odd riding in a land based vehicle. They are not at the mercy of the sea, but Qoat is a fine driver, perhaps one of the best land based ones I have ever seen. If our quarry is receptive to negotiations I volunteer to make peaceful contact with them... It might be something far more deadly and then by your leave I would ask to engage the enemy at my own discretion. You have neither asked of what my abilities are nor have I volunteered them, I could not expect you to put them to their optimal use." Saul, hops up into the Q-mobile taking his favorite seat in front of missile control. Saul nods to Qoat, " My fine Q-flex friend, I believe this button will fire the missiles, no?"
Saul Combat data
Active powers:
Combat edges:
Saul Bennies
+1 post rate
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

From the seat near Saul, Drake calls out: "I thought you were in command? Teem is in command? Okay cool. Well got that straightened out finally."

Hearing Commander Tim on the radio Drake rolls his eyes, "Okay I guess I'm with Cory. I best dismiss Buzz before he tries to marry her anyway. Cya guys. Headed out to Cory."

Heading over to Cory, Drake makes sure his attire is unruffled and he straightens his shoulders, "I hope Buzz was able to offer some insight to you? He's a darn fine copper back home."

Bowing slightly, Drake says, "Commander Tim says provide cover to you. I'm on it. Its cool being a part of a bunch of heroes. Thank you for letting me help. I hope as a local Deputy I can give you assistance. Cory you look a lot like Veronica, well, different hair style but a lot like her....she was a member of a group called Future's Brigade, awesome heroes they were........I'll tell you about them as we roll."
Cory Tetrascroll

Cory is annoyed by Buzz. She is doing her part, why can't he leave her alone? Cleary she doesn't need his help. Clearly. So after the first two minutes, she turns and scowls at him. It's her best "scram, jackass" look.

After five minutes more of steadfastly ignoring him and his "help" she turns to face him again. Scowling again, this time it's the "I'm going to yell at you" scowl, the one used on Fell a lot. So she proceeds to get angry and tell Buzz what's what. Eloquently she says, "Like dickhead okay, fine just shut your face already? Sun and Moon! Why the hell are you like following me anyway? Do I look like I need help? Huh?" and then she stands on her tip toes and gets as much in his face as possible. She growls, "Get out of my face dickhead!" and tries to push him away. Which doesn't really work, but whatever, the gesture should be clear anyway.

Angry Cory. After 15 minutes she gets on the telepathic shortwave and says, "Whatcha doing Merl, could you help follow these dogs from the air? Maybe give me a lift? Honestly, I just want to get away from this local, he talks too much.
Telepathy 5
Psionics: [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice]
But then she suddenly says, "Wait, nevermind, he just like disappeared. Thank Sun and Moon for that!!!"

Cory Tetrascroll
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
Overcoat:
Talisman of Marduk:
Weapon in Hand:
(Left) TW Club:
edit signature
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Screaming Goats

The team goes to work uncovering more clues to feed into Sinder’s investigation.

Heading out with the goat herder Saul has a look around the scene. The area is up further into the hills. Lots of mesas, valleys, and canyons litter the area. The goat herder usually took his goats to a small canyon with a little river to graze and drink. There are lots of hooved tracks in the area, presumably belonging to goats, as well as some big tracks similar to those found down at the bottom of the hills. While there is no evil present now, the whole place does give Saul the deep lingering chill of evil. Something supernaturally evil did pass by the way recently.

Not wanting to disturb the scene, Qooat rolls in from behind on the Q-Mobile. Just driving up to small valley proves to be a difficult task even for the all terrain vehicle. THe paths are narrow, with some steep inclines, and no real roads to speak of. The trails are mostly designed for animals. If the rustlers really were riding big animals like dinosaurs there are only a limited number of paths they could have taken in and out of the valley. Those represent the most likely directions to search in.

Frustrated, Cory doesn’t rely on her own senses but instead on a call for assistance. A pack of bloodhounds appears in the valley and begins to sniff around, checking out the trails that lead into and out of the area. With so many trackers on the case, it isn’t hard to find out which way the goats went, and whatever went with them spooks the dogs enough that they whimper slightly as the start down the path.

Calling in an old friend to help, Drake manages to annoy Cory and take his rightful place as the “new Fell”. Although Cory has no time for Buzz, his insights into what’s happening are useful. The savvy city detective treats it like any other robbery. He goes a little pale when someone tells him the suspects are reptilian aliens who eat people. However, the observation does click and important question in his mind: If these Simvan eat people, what are the heck are they doing with all these goats and cattle? Selling them? Feeding something else?

Merlaggon flies above the valley and does aerial surveillance. The bloodhound trails lead deeper into the mountainous area. The area is full of deep canyons, only a few have water running through them. Assuming the cattle are still alive he follows the water source and sees nothing. That at least narrows the search to the dry canyons and also suggests the animals are not being kept alive.

In town Sparky works the bait angle, he finds most people aren’t willing to put their herd on the line. The Simvan raiders have made supply scarce and are driving up the price of cattle. Even buying bait would be an expensive prospect. In the rough and tumble post-apocalyptic age there’s no such thing as livestock insurance so these thefts are really hurting people’s ability to survive and the city’s ability to feed itself. The points to a few motives - starving out the city, driving up process, or just plain spite.

Summoning a few friends of his own, Sinder pretty much has a whole investigative team at his disposal. The military specialists help him work over all the clues, cross reference information to maps of the area, and indicate potential areas of interest. Working all the clues together Sinder can see the most likely hiding places in the area narrowing it down to those that are large enough to hide the marge monsters the Simvan are riding. One candidate emerges as most likely: Devil’s Canyon.

The goat herder pales when he hears about Devil’s Canyon, “No one goes there. The place radiates evil, gives people the willies.” The Sheriff is a little more helpful, “Yep. We avoid it. There’s also a nexus in the canyon wall, often brings in critters and creatures that roam the mountains preying on herders. Why the hell anyone would set up shop there is beyond me. But killing livestock near a nexus, smells like a ritual to me.” Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of magic would concur with the Sheriff observation, but it doesn’t answer why the seem to need a constant supply.

What’s your plan?
TLDR
You’ve completed the Dramatic Task and narrowed the location down to a place called Devil’s Canyon

The canyon has a small ley line nexus in it.

The Simvan are killing the stolen livestock. Buzz suggests they are feeding something big, the Sheriff suggests for a ritual.
Signature
Sparky
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sparky »

Sparkmort scowls as the tin man shoots down his bait idea. Not that I was having a lot of luck getting my hands on any kind of herd anyway. It doesn't look like there's much to beg, borrow or steal in the area let alone buy or rent. Well, that information is useful too in its own way I suppose. Getting a wrong answer once in awhile makes it easier to recognize when you've found a right one.

To Tim he tips his cowboy hat "Whatever you say bossman. Sure are going to be a lot of disappointed buyers out there but if you say no way then that's all there is to it. Since my armor is strapped to the top of the Q-Mobile I better go catch my ride before they take off."

Turning away from Tim a big grin splits Sparkmort's face as he chuckles to himself silently and grabs a handhold to swing himself up onto the Q-Mobile just as it's engine comes to life. I get the feeling he'll be annoyed with me a lot more often than he isn't. Hee hee. Well he's just got to learn not to be so serious all the time. I wonder if there is a way to get him drunk? That could be fun. Ok, enough of that we have bigger fish to fry. "One more hitchhiker for the ride out if you don't mind. Probably a lot quieter this way than me bouncing around on jump boosters the whole way out there. The Titan Gnome is awesome at a lot of things but sneaking is NOT one of them. If anyone needs me I'll be under my hat." With that he reclines in his seat and places his cowboy hat over his face.
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sinder »

Sinder informs the group of his findings and then listens to the others and their additional information. he then speaks up, "Devil's Canyon, nope don't like the sound of that. but I'm betting what ever is there is the cause of all this. So, what's the plan Merl drops a few of us close to it and then we close in and start taking simvans and what ever other creature from Hell down?"
OOC Comments

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP

New Cards 4th quarter

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage
Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Saul »

Devil's Canyon... So this is where the deep lord wishes to face off. He has called to me every night since coming to these shores. A canyon wreathed in shadow, a great doom that awaits any that enter. My dreams now come to bear, Simvan and something they feed. It has washed over me with its vile stench like a torrent of rain! Saul's folly to approach with his sails down, and deck hands fast asleep.
Saul slips his molecular obsidian blade from his sword cane. The pommel has several interesting gem stones. Saul closes his eyes for a moment and when he opens them an aura of white light shield's his body from foot to toe, and his cane sword shimmers with a blue blaze indicative of where his heart lies: The sea. He holds the sheath, clearly of techno-wizard design at the ready as if a shield. A bit of blood seeps from his nose betraying the extent of his exertions. The light dims and is hard to see unless adjacent, but his spirit and faith will see him through against his nemesis.

He smiles at the group, " Devil's Canyon... The servants of the Deep Lord reside in that foul den. We must eradicate what lies there. Can you feel the evil that permeates the surrounding country side. It is vile, a thick sweat of molasses." Saul's grin widens at Sinder's suggestion.
" By dragon's might that approach will do. Evil will be washed away or the sea will take us!"
Saul Combat data
Active powers:
Combat edges:
Saul Bennies
+1 post rate
Sparky
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sparky »

Sparkmort raises his cowboy hat to cock an eye at Saul. "The sea will take us? You do know we're about as far from a sea as you can get right about now. Still, I take you're meaning about any place called Devil's Canyon. Sounds like a place where the fecal matter is going to hit the rotating air circulation system for sure."

Leaning back and settling his hat back over his eyes he chuckles softly, "I like you Saul. You're good people, I think. You talk like my 263 year old granddad sometimes but you're good people."

They're all good people, I think. Even that tin blowhard, Tim. He just takes himself a little too seriously is all. If he ever gets that steel rod dislodged from his ass he might even become a worthy successor for Severin someday. And a lot more fun too.
Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Saul »

Sparky wrote:Sparkmort raises his cowboy hat to cock an eye at Saul. "The sea will take us? You do know we're about as far from a sea as you can get right about now. Still, I take you're meaning about any place called Devil's Canyon. Sounds like a place where the fecal matter is going to hit the rotating air circulation system for sure."

Leaning back and settling his hat back over his eyes he chuckles softly, "I like you Saul. You're good people, I think. You talk like my 263 year old granddad sometimes but you're good people."

They're all good people, I think. Even that tin blowhard, Tim. He just takes himself a little too seriously is all. If he ever gets that steel rod dislodged from his ass he might even become a worthy successor for Severin someday. And a lot more fun too.
Saul smiles at the gnome power armor ranger. " If you speak of a physical ocean... Yes we are far from one, but the sea and the Deep Lord's servants are everywhere. A lifetime spent on the ocean as a deck swap I suppose has given me a certain point of view... Do you mind if I ask you about your armaments? I have seen foul creatures able to brush off the mightiest cannons. Take a railgun full auto in the chest and laugh while they eat the maker of the weapon. Does your suit have more than meets the eye I wonder. When the torrential sea comes pouring at us, what means do you hold to bat ti aside?"
If he knew how cold the Deep was, would he venture forth... Would any of them venture forth. Did they sense the evil as I did? It was inescapably potent and would curdle the blood in a lesser man.
Saul Combat data
Active powers:
Combat edges:
Saul Bennies
+1 post rate
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

Danger Sense 8
When / If we drive into the box canyon...
Danger Sense [dice]1[/dice]
wd [dice]0[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] -2 = 8
  • Approaching the box canyon, Drake is quiet. Listening to the others he looks out at the open expanse. Rubbing his temples he concentrates, This is where I would strike.

"Are we going in? Plan? You guys are heroes so I bet we go in."

Drake keeps his ears and eyes open and watches for trouble.

​"Be careful, there is an unimaginably huge number of parallel universes, or multiverses, each of which is similar to our own and is subject to the same laws of physics. This is the reason to the fact that it is not necessary that there is anything particularly strange or exotic about different multiverses... Although.... At the same time, they are parallel due to the particles that form them and that are located in different positions in each universe. Mmmmmmm in at least one parallel world we interact with, this is a trap, because interference occurs, we should be wary."

Unsnapping the button on his holster Drake rests his hand on the butt of the revolver. Ready.
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Merlaggon »

"If they are in the Devil's Canyon, why don't we just go in there and blow them up until we make sure they will never attack these people and their livestock again? Where they took the livestock, there is not enough water to keep them alive, so they must be meaning to kill them, if they haven't done it already."
Merlaggon

• [*]Base Amount

OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:

Sparky
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sparky »

Saul wrote:Saul smiles at the gnome power armor ranger. " If you speak of a physical ocean... Yes we are far from one, but the sea and the Deep Lord's servants are everywhere. A lifetime spent on the ocean as a deck swap I suppose has given me a certain point of view... Do you mind if I ask you about your armaments? I have seen foul creatures able to brush off the mightiest cannons. Take a railgun full auto in the chest and laugh while they eat the maker of the weapon. Does your suit have more than meets the eye I wonder. When the torrential sea comes pouring at us, what means do you hold to bat ti aside?"
If he knew how cold the Deep was, would he venture forth... Would any of them venture forth. Did they sense the evil as I did? It was inescapably potent and would curdle the blood in a lesser man.
From under his hat Sparkmort replies to the Sea Inquisitor. "Ah, Metaphorical Sea, gotcha. My people tend to think of the universe as a great clock where everything happens in its appropriate time, generally speaking. What appears to be chaos may simply be a pattern that hasn't been recognized yet."

Saul's next question has Sparkmort thinking back to his last encounter with a supernatural foe. "Yeah, I've been in that situation once or twice when something that's all teeth and claws is trying to eat you and shooting it with a rail gun is about as effective as throwing snowballs at it. The ol' Titan Gnome is pretty much a reversed engineered Samson that's been adapted for use by a person my size. The weapon systems are all just as mundane as I am. When I'm in those situations where the supernatural nasty won't go down I just have to think laterally. Hasn't failed me so far though I admit finding something to give me a bit of an edge in that kind of situation would be nice."

I wonder if Jack has gotten out of that quicksand yet? "You never know when a pit of quicksand will come in handy."
Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Saul »

Saul looks at the gnome with smile. A great gear... which complication is the Deep Lord I wonder.
" Well, Sparky it is good to know the capabilities of our team. I do not know much about the first, other than you and Qoat. In case your wondering, my bane is the extreme distances between foes." What of the Deep Lord? Is he a foible as well?
Saul's good nature faulters for a moment, " In fairness it pales in comparision to the battle raging in my soul. As an inquisitor, my path follows a razor's edge... Noble and true, but stray but a little I will be claimed by the Deep Lord and become his servant." Saul looks at the others and in a hushed voice to Sparky he whispers, " In times of great anxiety and duress I can both be strong and weak. It is in thise heightened moments I hear the call of the Deep Lord the most."
Saul pats Sparky's armor admiring the crastmanship.
" Well forged, and worthy of a the hero beneath its shell." Saul heads to Merlaggon and grabs hold of a saddle reign. Saul's friendly nature returns and he strokes one of Merlaggon's scales notifying him of his readiness. " I am ready Merlaggon. I will do my best to protect you as you protect all of us. Be like the great wind on the sea, let forth your bellow and take us in with sails full height and the bow righted!" Unsure of how the dragon will take off Saul does his best to brace himself against the mighty red scales.

Saul keeps a vigil as Merlaggon takes off or if he must ride in the Q mobile. For a moment he stills his mind reaching out with his senses feeling the magics and supernatural arround him.
1st action, Activate improved arcane awareness
Action: activate Improved Arcane Awareness where the supernatural are -4 to hit him, and -4 to affect him on opposed rolls and notice(I assume this is like a +4 to notice the arcane and supernatural).
2nd action, notice 14 supernatural, 13 arcane, 9 normal
Notice [dice]0[/dice] Wild [dice]1[/dice] Benny for EF [dice]2[/dice]
Active powers, ISP remaining 27
Dark Vision "Darksense" +1 to notice the supernatural as well as ignore illumination penalties
He has his cane sword in hand.
Saul Combat data
Active powers:
Combat edges:
Saul Bennies
+1 post rate
Cory Tetrascroll

General Notice
Cory latches on to Merl as soon as she can as the team races towards the unfortunately named canyon. She is trying to think ahead, to plan a little before leaping in. One of the consequences of even a tiny bit of responsibility. She sneers, maybe that was the stupid borg's way of trying to control her?

Refocusing from her detour into the paranoia induced by teen-adult interaction, Cory turns all her attention to looking for danger. Not only the mundane threats however. She takes special care to search for the tell tale signs of supernatural creatures and dangers. Hopefully, there will be enough clues to identify the threat.
Sense Supernatural
Notice:[dice]2[/dice] Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Knowledge Mystic Arcana
Notice:[dice]4[/dice] Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]
"I think this sounds dangerous too. I normally would just drop in and set fire to everything. Cory says to Merl. "I guess now I'm trying to think about like there's more than just myself to worry about. It's a lot harder." Cory pauses again. She spends a few more moments studying the area before speaking more, "I think we have to go down there to see what is behind all of this. And, I think, we need to make sure it's actually stopped permanently, not just for a little while."

"Tim," she radios over her private channel to the team leader, "like what's the plan?I was thinking I could like bless a few weapons, you know, like right before we go in, but that timing is like totally close, right?" Cory pauses, trying to dumb the idea down for Tim."Like, see, I could like bless three or four weapons like with the same effort as a big fireball. And when I like bless a weapon, Sun and Moon work together to make sure any evil assholes stay the hell down." She can't help but be pleased a little. She also can't help a little snark."You're just an asshole, so I could still, like bless a weapon for you. Even the stupid Fell blade. Totally Fell is like the real asshole, right?."

Cory plans to at least bless her new sword and Merl's fire breath before joining any fight. Her prep also includes powering up the armor and sword from each items mystic battery.
Smite Merl Breath
Mysticism:[dice]6[/dice] Wild Die [dice]7[/dice]
Smite Cory Sword
Mysticism:[dice]8[/dice] Wild Die [dice]9[/dice]

Cory Tetrascroll
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
Overcoat:
Talisman of Marduk:
Weapon in Hand:
(Left) TW Club:
edit signature
Timothy Hernandez

Timothy listens to all the chatter, and most of the team is ready to go in guns blazing. This is how we loose people. With a click of the radio Timothy broadcasts to the team. "We are not going in blind. Merl, go invisible and recon the area, If you are able to recharge from the nexus at this distance do so. Cory, bless a few of us before we enter, but not until we go, don't want to waste it. Saul, lets see what you can determine power wise. Sparky, suit up and be ready for anything. Drake, recharge and be ready to make time and space work for us. Sinder, when we do go in and we have our targets, you will fly in and burn any buildings down. This will create chaos. Q, prep the Q-mobile for an air drop, we will need you to bug out or to round up scraglers. Any Questions?" Timothy feels better now that people have been given direction and focus. Now it's time to wait on recon
Timothy Hernandez
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Merlaggon
Merl. Let me know how you plan to recon and provide a notice roll...I'll reveal some details depending on level of success.
Signature
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by hobo joe »

Cory will charge as much as possible at the nexus.

She will go ahead with the smite on Merl as he heads out for recon duty.
Qoat

Post by Qoat »

boost trait - Notice on Merlaggon
Mega Power
PPE cost 4 ppe (3/1)
Psionics [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]

Notice boosted 2 die types
Qoat
Qoat

Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Merlaggon »

"I can go Invisible, but will not be able to hide anyone else at the same time. Cory, you and Saul will have to get off while I scout out ahead, unless you can also hide yourselves."

Once Saul and Cory either dismount/let go or find a way to hide themselves. Then Merlaggon will activate his Adaptive Camouflage and take to the skies to fly over and look for any indication of them, flying low if he needs to in order to have a good view.
Invisibility Raise
Psionics: [dice]0[/dice]
Ace: [dice]2[/dice]
Result: 9 - Success with Raise. With a raise, the character is completely invisible. The penalty to Notice or hit him is –6. +2 Stealth Dice (d6) also due to the Raise. 6 ISP.
Notice 5
Notice: [dice]3[/dice]
Wild: [dice]4[/dice]
Result: 5
Merlaggon

• [*]Base Amount

OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:

Sparky
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sparky »

At Tim's prompting Sparky sits up and pushes his cowboy hat back up off his eyes with a finger and stretches with a grin. "Well, that sounds like an excellent suggestion to me. Though for the record I'm always ready for anything."

Setting his hat on the seat he admonishes no one in particular, "don't let anything happen to my hat." With that he climbs up the access ladder to the roof hatch of the Q-Mobile. Topside, Sparkmort points a small device at armor and with a beep beep and a hiss of hydraulics, the chest cavity opens on the Titan Gnome armor. Wasting no time he clamors into the suit, sealing it behind him. Inside, Sparkmort powers the suit up and runs through the system checks. "Ready to Rock and Roll whenever you folks are."
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

...make time and space work for us? Recharge? Odd requests.

"Uh, ok, well, I'm full already and as far as time and space, if you see any demons just say so, I'll banish them to hell in time for dinner in the space of a minute...."

Drake shakes his head, Tim is crazy... time and space are the two things that never work for you.

Return to “1st SET Adventures”