Tyraxas - great horned dragon hatchling

Tyraxas

Tyraxas - great horned dragon hatchling

Post by Tyraxas »

HJ Magic & Mysticism: [dice]0[/dice] -- add one power of any rank from normal list, or one Novice power normally unavailable

HJ Magic & Mysticism: [dice]1[/dice] -- choose any result: 14 -- Automatic Raise on any one power
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 20 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 35 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 16 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Pertinent Edges: Quick
Adventure Cards:
  • Second Wind: insert desc here
    Noble Sacrifice: insert desc here
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Tyraxas

Re: Tyraxas - great horned dragon hatchling

Post by Tyraxas »

Player Name: Christian
Google Handle: crapgame7
Character Name: Tyraxas
Race: Great Horned Dragon
Iconic Framework: Great Horned Dragon Hatchling
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5, Vigor d10
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 35 (16 MDC); Strain: 0; PPE: 20; ISP: 0; Size: 6
Skills:
  • Fighting d8 (2; +1 Adv)
  • Notice d4 (1)
  • Shooting d6 (2)
  • Knowledge: Arcana d6 (2)
  • Stealth d4 (1)
  • Intimidation d4 (1)
  • Psionics d4 (1)
  • Spellcasting d8 (IF; +1 Adv)

Hindrances
  • Heroic (Major): Always helps those in need.
  • Pacifist (Minor): Only fights when given no other choice, and will not allow the killing of prisoners.
  • Quirk - A Little Arrogant (Minor): Tyraxas is well aware that he is a dragon, and as such, is most likely stronger, faster, smarter, and generally better at everything than most others around him. He is also likely to remind you of this fact during conversations where it comes up.
  • Outsider (Minor): He doesn't quite fit in with most people. He's a dragon. He barely fits anywhere. (IF)

Edges
  • AB: Magic: As with all Great Horned Dragons, Tyraxas has a command of basic magics (IF)
  • Quick: A lesson, learned in a flash of insight during a revelation of the blue light, from his mother to strike first, strike hard, was well learned. Tyraxas re-draws any initiave card of 5 or lower. (adventure reward)
  • Elan (: Adds +2 to the roll when spending a Benny.
  • Master of Magic: Adds Mega versions of all known powers. Also gains the Rapid Recharge Edge.
  • Rapid Recharge: Recovers PPE at 1/30 minutes

Magic Powers:
  • Quickness - the target becomes a blur from speed of movement; -1 to be hit by ranged attacks (reskinned darkness/shroud trapping)
  • Invisibility -- the target blurs, then fades into nothing, and all sound from the area is deadened (sound absorption trapping; +1 Stealth die type)
  • Detect/Conceal Arcana -- no visible or mechanical effects
  • Boost/Lower Trait - Auto-Raise
    Boost Trait trappings by attribute/linked attribute:
    • Agility: Jazz trapping "Quickening" (+1 PPE for: +2 pace on Success; +1 Agility die-type on Raise)
    • Strength: modified Jazz "Aggression" (+1 PPE for: wins all ties on opposed Strength rolls on Success; +1 Strength die-type on Raise)
    • Vigor: modified Jazz "Fortification" (+1 PPE for: negates 2 points of AP on Success; +1 Vigor die-type on Raise)
    • Smarts: modified Jazz "Illumination" (+1 PPE for: +1 to resist Smarts-based tricks, maneuvers, or spells on Success; +1 Smarts die-type on Raise)
    • Spirit: modified Jazz "Emboldening" (+1 PPE for: +1 to resist Spirits-based tricks, maneuvers, or spells on Success; +1 Spirit die-type on Raise)
  • Lower Trait - Auto-Raise: "Weakening" - Cold-based Fatigue (Vigor roll, -2 for a Raise, to avoid cold-based Fatigue)
Psionic Powers:
None
Last edited by Tyraxas on Thu May 31, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Background
Tyraxas is the last son of Blackwell, the now-deceased leader of the Black Company, a powerful dragon betrayed and slain by the Coalition States. He has recently hatched, and with enough of an imprint from his heroic father, has sought out some of his previous associations, perhaps to follow in his footsteps.

Known Languages
Dragonese/Elven
English
Japanese
Spanish
Gobblely
Chinese
Last edited by Maximilian on Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Gear
NG-E4A Heavy Plasma Ejector
  • [*]Range: 30/60/120
    [*]Damage: 3d10+3, AP —
    [*]RoF: 1
    [*]Shots: 12
    [*]Weight: 50 lbs
    [*]Notes: Min Str d12, Mega Damage.

Wilk’s 447
  • [*]Range: 40/80/160
    [*]Damage: 3d6, AP 2
    [*]RoF: 1
    [*]Shots: 20
    [*]Weight: 5 lbs
    [*]Notes: Semi-Auto

Vibro-Sword
  • Damage: Str+d10, AP 4, MD
Silvered Vibro-Sword
  • Damage: Str+d10, AP 4, MD, Silver
Dragonbane Blade (Patron Item)
Legendary Enchanted Knife
Damage: Str+2d6+2, Mega Damage, AP 4
Magic Features
• Dragon Slayer: Does normal damage to all creatures except dragons and sea serpents, to which it inflicts +1d6 damage and ignores armor.
• Eternally super-sharp armor piercing blade: Weapon never dulls.
• History: During the great Elf-Dwarf war, a singularly exceptional Elven alchemist created a number of identical enchanted knives used to add some gravity to the Elves' negotiations with the dragons of their time. From time to time across the ages, these knives have surfaced in the hordes of ancient dragons, and among ruins from that era. They are often associated with the appellation "folly" as those who bear them have frequently overestimated the power of the weapons, and underestimated the might of dragons.
• No Min Str (1 lb.)

Water Pistol
  • Range: 4/8/16
  • Damage: 1d10
  • RoF: 1
  • AP: —
  • Shots: 40
  • Weight: 2 lbs
  • Cost: 20,000
  • Notes: Notes: SA; only damaging to vampires and creatures vulnerable to running water.
Wooden Stakes (2)

CA-1 Heavy “Dead Boy” Body Armor
  • +6 Armor and +2 Toughness
    Full Environmental Protection
    Built-in mini-computers for basic functions
    Communications system with a 10 mile range
    Public-address loudspeakers
    Thermal vision mode for vision
    Strength Minimum: d6 (18 lb)

TW Draconic Visor of Targeting

This visor, a Klattatech one-of-a-kind custom build, started as the helmet on Tyraxas' human form's dead boy armor. Through some ingenious crafting, the device shrinks and grows with the wearer. While in dragon form, the visor increases Tyraxas' combat prowess, both with his flame blasts and his fighting skill. Unfortunately, due to problems of scale, the visor will shrink when Tyraxas assumes his human form, but does not retain its power.
In human form, the helm has been refitted to look like a dragon's head rather than the CS skull motif due to the array of plates that deploy to mask the bulk of the item.

Base Item: Sensor Suite (SFC) (using the helmet of dead boy armor to start)
+2 to Notice checks
5,000 credits
Minor: +1 Fighting (5,000 cr)
Minor: +1 Shooting (5,000 cr)

Major: +1 die type Fighting (10,000 cr)
Major: +1 die type Shooting (10,000 cr)
Major: PPE battery (10 PPE for charging the device) (30,000 cr)
Major: Warrior's Gift power (40,000 cr)

Total cost: 105,000
PPE/hr: 1

drawback: powers and bonuses only function at dragon-size
Bandito Arms Branaghan Armored Overcoat (Rifts Patron Item)
The overcoat or long-coat — also known as a duster — is a favorite among cowboys, gunfighters and sheriffs because it is both stylish and offers a surprising amount of protection, as well as making an excellent raincoat (waterproof and a good article of clothing in which to hide a shotgun or rifle under). The entire coat is lined with (relatively) lightweight armor padding with plates over the shoulders and torso (often concealed under the fabric). It offers 8 small but usable internal pockets (four on each side).
• +1 Toughness
• Characters with Super Strength (TLPG p. 65) will multiply their Load limit by 1.4 (or 2.0 if they have Brawny), while normal characters will increase their load limit to Strength x 7 (or Strength x10 if they have Brawny) in pounds.
• No Minimum Strength Requirement (10 lbs.)
Features:
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: small, one-handed weapons, canteen, minor items or individual tools.
• Attachment:
• Attachment:
• Attachment:
• Attachment:
• Attachment:
• Attachment:
• Attachment:
• Attachment:

Credits: 43,357

Contacts
Last edited by Tyraxas on Sun May 27, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Advances
Novice 1: Linguist edge
Novice 2: +1 Spirit
Novice 3: Elan
Seasoned 1: Master of Magic
Seasoned 2: +1 Spellcasting, +1 Fighting
Seasoned Free: +1 Agility
Seasoned 3: +1 Vigor

Iconic Framework
  • AB: Magic
  • Armored Hide*: +16 MDC armor, +6 toughness
  • Claws/Bite*: Str + 3d6 AP 4, MD
  • Fear*: Fear check from first sight
  • Fire Breath*: Fire Bolt range 12/24/48, 4d6 MD damage; Cone, 2d10 MD, -2 AG to avoid
  • Flight*: Pace 12, Climb 0
  • Heat/Cold Resist: Half damage from all sources of fire/heat and ice/cold, +4 to resist heat/cold environmental effects
  • Infravision: half penalties dim/dark lighting
  • Inherently Magical: +10 PPE added to total, +10 PPE when taking Power Points edge
  • Limited Metamorphosis: humanoid form for Spirit die hours, 6 hours rest to recharge ability
  • Mighty: Str d12+4; Vigor d8
  • Size +6
  • Slow Regeneration: Natural healing roll 1x / day
  • Tail Lash*: Tail sweep at rear in 2” long, 4” wide rectangle. Fighting attack ignores size penalties, Str + d8 MD

Hero’s Journey
  • Magic & Mysticism
    • +1 Power from own list or Novice from any list
  • Magic & Mysticism
    • Choose result = 14: Automatic raise with one power (Boost/Lower Trait)

Advances
  • Initial Advances: (From Hindrances): +1 Agility, +1 Smarts
  • Novice 1 Advance: Linguist edge
  • Novice 2 Advance: +1 Spirit (we have the talent)
  • Novice 3 Advance: Elan
  • Seasoned 1 Advance: Master of Magic
  • Seasoned 2 Advance: +1 Spellcasting, +1 Fighting
  • Seasoned 3 Advance: +1 Vigor
  • Seasoned 4 Advance: +10 PPE
  • Veteran 1 Advance: Fast Regeneration
  • Veteran 2 Advance: +1 Smarts
  • Veteran 3 Advance: AB: Psionics
  • Veteran 4 Advance: +1 Spellcasting, +1 Psionics revise this - shooting/fighting and Psionics?
  • Heroic 1 Advance: Size Increase
  • Heroic 2 Advance: EDIT THIS
  • Heroic 3 Advance: Metamorphosis
  • Heroic 4 Advance: +1 Vigor
  • Legendary 1 Advance: TBD
  • Legendary 2 Advance:
  • Legendary 3 Advance:
  • Legendary 4 Advance:
Last edited by Tyraxas on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Not urgent, but I'd like you to tweak your boost/lower Trait trappings before we begin play. I like what you're going for quite a bit, but I want to talk through your process a little - you can get a lot for that +1 PP, but it needs to have a good role playing justification (I ran into this with my psi-slinger and Rob/RFT walked me through it.) I'm not sold on the trappings that give you a flat +1 to Toughness, but I don't think you're far off on any of these.

If it's at all useful (and feel free to ignore if it's not), what Rob and I came up with for Hardin is here: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 621#p16621
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Pursuit wrote:Not urgent, but I'd like you to tweak your boost/lower Trait trappings before we begin play. I like what you're going for quite a bit, but I want to talk through your process a little - you can get a lot for that +1 PP, but it needs to have a good role playing justification (I ran into this with my psi-slinger and Rob/RFT walked me through it.) I'm not sold on the trappings that give you a flat +1 to Toughness, but I don't think you're far off on any of these.

If it's at all useful (and feel free to ignore if it's not), what Rob and I came up with for Hardin is here: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 621#p16621
I pretty much ripped off most of Libertas' trapping list from the 13th SET. I didn't find a ton of use for +2 to some skills I don't have (taunt, persuasion, etc.) at the cost of +1 PPE, so I tried to use one of the derived traits like Jazz uses pace. (Parry, toughness, charisma, etc.) I thought about the spirit one being +2 to resist fear, strength being +2 to fighting or to melee damage, but those seemed really overpowered.
Now, looking at Hardin's list gives me some more to work with. How about this: The raise still gives +1 die type to the linked attribute. The success effects change as follows:

Agility +1 Parry; if that is excessive, I can go with -1 to any penalties for linked skills, or if you object to stone-cold ripping of Hardin's effect (which I understand), +2 pace is just fine and has utility, if it can be applied to flight speed too.

Strength Focused Strength: wins any tied opposed strength rolls (might be a little OP if used, but is also very unlikely to find use to begin with) could also go with a one-step bump in max load/encumbrance limits in kind of a temporary Brawny, but that could also get excessive with dragon-strength as the foundation. Another option is +1 or +2 AP to melee strikes from force of impact, maybe? I actually like this option better as it's more likely to have some every day utility.

Vigor if +1 toughness is no good, maybe I'll opt for ignoring 2 points AP with a stiffening of the muscles and compaction of scales to be less prone to piercing? +1 or +2 to resist environmental effects? I don't know how much use that'll be to a dragon.

Smarts +1 to resist smarts tricks, taunt, etc. As an alternative, +1 for Knowledge skills (arcana, battle, history, etc.); Since most of them are untrained, that effectively eliminates half of the unskilled penalty with the exception of Kn: Arcana; could also tone it down and just make it -1 to unskilled penalties for smarts-related or pure Knowledge skills.

Spirit +1 to resist attempts to dominate: fear, intimidation, puppet, mind reading, etc. If that's too broad, fear and intimidation is fine.
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

The only two I'm not sold on are +1 to Parry for Agility and +1 AP to damage rolls for Strength (though I could live with that). All the rest look really good. My favorite is actually the one you worried might be OP: that he would win ties on opposed strength checks. That seems awesome and very draconic.

For Spirit, I'd limit it to anything that uses Spirit or a Spirit linked skill to resist.

Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Pursuit wrote:The only two I'm not sold on are +1 to Parry for Agility and +1 AP to damage rolls for Strength (though I could live with that). All the rest look really good. My favorite is actually the one you worried might be OP: that he would win ties on opposed strength checks. That seems awesome and very draconic.

For Spirit, I'd limit it to anything that uses Spirit or a Spirit linked skill to resist.
Left Agility as Pace bonus. Changed Strength to win opposed Str checks, Vigor negates 2 points AP, Smarts and Spirit are +1 to resist Smarts and Spirit based tricks/tests/maneuvers/spells, respectively. Should be good to go, I think.
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Tyraxas wrote:
Pursuit wrote:The only two I'm not sold on are +1 to Parry for Agility and +1 AP to damage rolls for Strength (though I could live with that). All the rest look really good. My favorite is actually the one you worried might be OP: that he would win ties on opposed strength checks. That seems awesome and very draconic.

Left Agility as Pace bonus. Changed Strength to win opposed Str checks, Vigor negates 2 points AP, Smarts and Spirit are +1 to resist Smarts and Spirit based tricks/tests/maneuvers/spells, respectively. Should be good to go, I think.
Looks good to me. To be clear, the Pace bonus for Jazz will apply to your flight speed, too. He's a dragon, and flying is as easy as breathing. I'm good with the magical speed boost applying to either.

Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

+1 XP from interlude - 9/26
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

10/2: Hindrances: took +1 Agility, +1 Smarts
Advances: Took +1 Spirit (taken prior by Adventure Card)
Elan
Master of Magic
+1 Spellcasting, +1 Fighting
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Tyraxas current status: 12/4/18

Bennies: 1 (+1 post rate, +1 shawarma, -1 reroll spellcasting, +1 RP, -2 reroll challenge, -1 EE challenge, +1 group success on P&O challenge, -1 EE fighting, -1 reroll damage)
PPE: 20/20
ISP:
Active Powers: None
Pertinent Edges: Quick, Master of Magic, Rapid Recharge, Elan

Out of the Frying Pan: Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM.

Noble Sacrifice: Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead.
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

12/18/2018: Adventure reward, +1 free advance - selected +1 Agility
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

1/1/2019: Seasoned 3 advance, +1 Vigor
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details
Tyraxas

Post by Tyraxas »

Tyraxas current status: 1/13/19

Bennies: 4 (+1 post rate, +1 GM bonus, -1 Notice reroll, +1 interlude, -1 EE Stealth)
PPE: 20/20
ISP:
Active Powers: None
Pertinent Edges: Quick, Master of Magic, Rapid Recharge, Elan

Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un-Shaken now as well.

Noble Sacrifice: Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead.
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Current Status Post