Gratitude Expressed & Offered Rewards

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Gratitude Expressed & Offered Rewards

Post by Ndreare »

King Briggail and Queen Anabel are exhausted, the settling of everything combined with the dissolving of the magic that had been clouding their minds has taken it toll and only rest will do.
With only some brief murmured words the guards are forced to take them from the room. The mental effort required to reach out from within their gloom must have been incredible. But it has left them in a state they are unable to exchange conversation and the details of all that has happened so quickly.
Shortly after the healers arrive and are able to tend to Angis and Lyssenia. While the wounds of the young sorceress are easily mended, there appears to be something deeper the healers cannot initially explain. Then a senior priest of light arrives and after examining her says that “There is nothing to worry over. She has the attention of the Ascended and will be well in her time.”
With the dwarves grumbles and offered scoffs the priest try what they can to heal him only to find it does not work. They are instead forced to assign to him poultices and wraps with instructions to bath himself and clean the wound with whiskey twice a day and When the dwarf refuses the ministrations of the priests they do not seem offended at all and allow him to be who he is.
When all is said and done the Capt returns and speaks with the Rangers. “We have arranged for your accommodations in the inn. All will be covered, but with everything going on his Highness will need some time to recover. Please stay in the city while we sort through what we can and make what arrangements we can.
“We have sent men to try and find Farid, but in all honesty our concerns are much higher than that.”

Three Days Latter
Having fully recovered from their ordeal Kind Briggael summons the heroes with a return to the Hall of the King.
On entering you find the room has been cleaned and arranged in a new style, and the king sits in his throne as if to exercise authority find the room surprisingly bare only a score of men and women are present. The King and Queen the begen to speak.
“On this the 17th of Planting Moons 3122 We do hereby honorably recognise The Grey Rangers who come to our need. Saving the lives and souls of His Majesty and Her Majesty on this the 14th of Planting Moons 3122.
“When this Throne was in its most dire need and a time of turmoil had fallen the House we were forced to request aid from without as all within out House had fallen prey to something unknown.
“Without asking price or bartering for position you Grey Rangers and Wardens of Justice came to offer your services, at the risking of your own lives.
“Attacked and injured before even being in our presence you maintained to come to our aid. Rooted out the source of the trouble and were able to remove a great darkness that threatened the lives not only of this Throne, but of all Almahrad. The civil war and strife that could have cost thousands of innocent lives without purpose was averted.
“Because of the nature of what was done and the risk it represents we cannot give you the full honor you deserve in front of all the city. But we can do you some honor.
“Please, prepare yourselves for we wish to present to each of you a gift.”
With these words she then begins to call each of you forward one at a time and offering to you a gift crafted specifically with you in mind.
Player Instructions
Go to out of character section and read the thread titled “Offered Rewards”
Follow the instructions there and then come back here.
After each of the heroes has received their gift the Queen speaks. “Each of these items is only engraved with the symbol of our house. Should you ever come to Almahrad so long as our house sits on the throne you will be welcomed and cared for.”

Once the speech and ceremony is done the Queen says. “Let us visit a bit. For in the morning we wish to share with you what we have learned from going through Dantrenious’s belongings.”
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Aronan
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Gratitude Expressed & Offered Rewards

Post by Aronan »

Bowing slightly, Aronan offers his response to the king and queen, "Your majesties, I know little of the ways of your land. However, the laws of Kor would bid me to aid any who may need it. No reward is required, however, if you wish please bestow a gift upon those who are poor or of low estate. Seeing you safe and your line protected is reward enough for me."

Stepping back he lets the group have their own say.
OOC Comments
Poverty hindrance
Aronan
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 7 (2)

Golden Benny: 1
Benny's: 3
Danyar

Post by Danyar »

Danyar steps forward as his name is called and bows before the Queen. A servant steps forward and in his hands is a beautifully crafted set of Almahrad Light Chain. He steps forward and hands it to Danyar.

"Your Majesty, this is a beautiful gift. I shall honor your crest that is engraved upon the chest of the Armor."

He takes the Armor and steps back among his companions.
Last edited by Danyar on Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Adventure Card: Zavonis, Guide my Shot. (Shooting Penalties reduced by 4 to minimum of 0)
Laura Reis
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Laura Reis »

"Your majesty" Laura says with a deep curtsy which is not very refined but she makes the effort as one from the street would.
"You have my deepest gratitude though I feel I am unworthy of such gifts. I was brought in the chamber to look into the magics only to watch these heroes come in and thwart it in front of our eyes. Although some with more sense than others."
She cast a side long glance at Angis as the mention of others. As the servants hand her a well made tome she quickly grasps it pulling it ever so close to her chest. "Thank you so much I will do my best to memorize every bit of it. Ending her bow she returns to standing with the group and as she gets in place she already starts looking through the tome.
Last edited by Laura Reis on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laura Reis
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d6, Investigation d6, Knowledge (Dark Creatures) d4, Knowledge (Flame Creatures) d4, Knowledge (Magic) d8, Lockpicking d6, Notice d6, Sorcery d10, Stealth d6, Streetwise d6, Throwing d4
Charisma: -; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 (2)
Edges: Education, Epic Destiny, Fast Learner, Sorcerer
Powers: Bolt, Boost Trait, Deflection, Cantrips
Bennies: 1/3

ESSENCE:  7/10
ACTIVE EFFECTS: None
Tieronar

Post by Tieronar »

Tier steps forward, still a bit overwhelmed by the entire affair. He bows his head once before looking up at the King and Queen, constantly looking from one to the other, meeting their eyes without stopping to address either one directly.

"Your Royalness. Royalnesses. Yes. It was an honor to help you and I am pleased that something we could do helped make your nation safer and helped make you both happier. Please ask again if you need our help. Thankyou."

A bit flustered, the Brinchie slides back, moving quickly while barely lifting his feel from the floor.

Moving to stand near Bradon, Tieronar leans in and whispers, a bit too loudly, "I'm not good with formality."
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7 (9/10), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages), Opponents at -2 Gangup against me. , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+2+1/3 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny
Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradon »

Tieronar wrote:Moving to stand near Bradon, Tieronar leans in and whispers, a bit too loudly, "I'm not good with formality."
Remind me to teach you a few things, but I've seen worse. Bradon whispers back, grinning slightly, "you didn't fall over or accidentally try to stab someone, so its a start."

Bradon steps forward and bows low before the King and Queen

"It was our duty and our honour."

As the servants brought forward the cavalier armour, Bradon was touched; something from his homeland that also spoke to his desire to remove those in power.
OOC Comments
Cavalier Armour (with +1 Armour and half weight)
"Lighter than I was expecting," he remarks as it is handed to him, "I thank you from the heart for this gift. May your house know great joy."

Bowing again, he moves backwards to rejoin the group.
Tieronar

Post by Tieronar »

Tieronar narrows his eyes at Bradon.

"I never accidentally stab someone. I have been know to stab someone I probably shouldn't. But it was entirely on purpose."
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7 (9/10), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages), Opponents at -2 Gangup against me. , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+2+1/3 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Bradon laughed quietly as Tieronar bristled.

"I mean its not good etiquette to do so, not that I thought you were intending to do so or a commentary on recent actions. he explained to his friend, "what did you ask for?"
GM bennies 6/8
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Angis Ironheart »

Notice 14
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Ace [dice]2[/dice]
Ace [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Angis shuffled forward. He would have been happy with just coin. Seemed they wanted something a little more personal. He wiped his hand under his nose, sniffed, and stroked his beard. His mismatched eyes caught Laura’s look and he smirked.

“Ye wan’ a roight proper tumble later, lass, all ye ‘ave t’ dae is ask,” he told her quietly as he stepped forward, receiving his gift from the king and queen.

“Noo hie ye on t’ yon chambers an’ get t’ makin’ a wee bairn,” he told the queen with a wink.

There were audible gasps around the chamber, and murmurings like, “Uncouth!” Such words weren’t unfamiliar vocabulary to the ugly dwarf, who shrugged disinterestedly as he returned to his place.

HIs companions, though, could see his expression fall a bit, a sad, lost look in his eye as he pulled out a small pink handkerchief wrapped in a white ribbon from inside his jerkin.

Actions
Move:
Action:
Conditions
Armor 4 vs. Magic; +4 to resist Magic
-1 Wound (Ignored, Improved Nerves of Steel)
Bennies: 4/3 +1 Golden Benny
Adventure Card
  • Spirit of the Ancestors: Play this card to gain +2 on Vigor rolls for the rest of the scene; if played by a Dwarf, your Vigor Dice goes up by one as well for the scene.
Character Tracker
Angis Ironheart Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: Melee 13 (4)/Ranged 15 (6); Pace: 5
Heart of Stone/Magical Resistance: Armor 5 vs. Magic; +5 to resist Magic
Crossbow bolts: 19 (Loaded: 3/3)
Shield Essence: 4/4
Bennies: 1/3 + 1 Golden Benny
Adventure Card
Lysennia Moonsinger
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Lysennia Moonsinger »

As her name is called Lysennia steps forward, her head bowed. In truth she felt no need for any reward. Her epiphany and discovery of the path of life was more than enough reward. However she knew enough of Kings and Queens to know it was best not to spurn their largesse when it was offered, no matter the reason.

"This is the Lamp of Sanctuary", said the King. "Its light will bolster the spirits of those who are loyal and true. Its radiance will also ward off creatures of darkness, causing them extreme pain whilst they remain close to the source"

"I thank your majesties for such a wondrous gift. I trust I shall remain steadfast and worthy to wield it in defence of light and life", Lysennia replies, taking the lantern from the kings hand.

She steps back to join the others, feeling the warmth emanating from the wooden box in her hands.
Lysennia Moonsinger
Let creatures of Flame beware my wrath. . .
Seasoned Eldakar Druid (27xp)
Parry: 7 (2), (+1 from bracers, +1 from staff)
Toughness: 5, (+1 from Tanzanite pendant)
Power Points Remaining: 9/10
Bennies: 4/3
Fatigue: 0
Wounds: 0

Adventure Cards: Landra's Blessing, Breath of Life

Update Signature
Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Angis Ironheart »

Angis studied the shield he had been given. It was of fine dwarven make, he noted, a worthy piece of equipment. He traced thick, rough fingers over the dwarven runes inscribed in the metal, reading their power to instill fear in the enemy. Ah, but this was fine craft!
Character Tracker
Angis Ironheart Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: Melee 13 (4)/Ranged 15 (6); Pace: 5
Heart of Stone/Magical Resistance: Armor 5 vs. Magic; +5 to resist Magic
Crossbow bolts: 19 (Loaded: 3/3)
Shield Essence: 4/4
Bennies: 1/3 + 1 Golden Benny
Adventure Card

Return to “Adventure Forum”