Garage stockade

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Garage stockade

Post by Corrigon »

Most of the Legion vehicles are stored here surrounded by a wooden barrier outside of town.
GM bennies 6/8
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Garage stockade

Post by Corrigon »

Strickland's robot stands towering above everything else in the area. Down at its feet is Strickland who looks to be doing some maintenance on it and swearing.
GM bennies 6/8
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

Notice 5
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Mica passes by the Garage on her way somewhere else. She looks like she has been upset and has been crying. She stops and looks around remembering that someone wanted to talk to her about something. She wipes her eyes to try and hide the fact that she has been crying.
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

Armed with a large black garbage bag, Penny was taking the time to clean our her ATV, on the basis of "I don't want people to think I live like a slob, never mind that I kind of am one." She'd recovered what looked like a broken e-clip and a few books she'd been looking for - the rest was going into the bag for recycling.

She waved at Mica as she passed. "Hi Mica. How's the dirtbike robot, is it - " She stopped upon noticing that she'd been crying.
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

Mica gaze turns to Penny as her name is called. She looks almost like she is about to run away but manages to prevent herself from doing so.

She thinks to herself, "Maybe it would be good to get it out. Penny is normal compared to everyone else."

She manages to blurt out after a moments pause. "H.. Hi Penny.." from her voice, you can defiantly tell she has been upset. "What brings... you... here?"
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Strickland sees the two ladies and makes his way over, wiping his hands on a cloth.

“Good,”
he speaks gruffly, flipping the cloth over his shoulder, “just the two ladies I wanted to speak to.”

However, even he isn’t so oblivious as to not notice the state Mica is in.

“Uhmm, I can come back later if you’d like.
Cheer up luv, don’t want those tears marking such a pretty face. Can’t be that bad. Still got all your limbs”

Penny, having dealt with (and been hit on by) Strickland in the past knows he has a tendency to unsubtly hit on people, but he does take no for an answer.
GM bennies 6/8
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"Right now I'm doing maintenance on my home away from home here - " Penny kicks the tires on her ATV. "It needs maintenance and downtime like anything else. And I've been meaning to clean it out. Glad I did - I found a couple of books I've been meaning to find homes for. Hi Strickland." She nods to the merc, keeping it professional. She remembered the last time she got hit on by Strickland; telling him she was gay seemed to help, though from there his interests had moved in a different direction.

She looked to Mica, her body language saying I can tell him to skedaddle if you want me to. She mentally toggled the recorder function on her eye, just in case the worst happened.
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

"Maintaining your ride is good. My cyclone is just... fine."

Mica reads Penny's body language and looks over to Strickland, "Hi. You don't have to go. They said.. at the command post.. you wanted to talk about something?" Mica looks like she is trying to get it together.

Mica thinks, "Best to get Strickland out of the way now."
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

Penny nodded along, waiting for Strickland to speak.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

“That Operator of yours, Adamson, he’s a right one he is. In his cups last time I spoke to him, which considering it was during the day, not really a good sign for you Legion folks. He didn’t like me telling him that I can tell ya.” Strickland shakes his head.
“However, that’s not my problem;” his voice drops to a whisper
“Not sure, but I think that something has been at my targeting systems. Could do with somebody with the right skill set to check them over.”

He let that sink in before turning solely to Mica.

“By the way, something has been bugging me since I met you lot about your bike,” he says to Mica, “finally figured it. Fought loads of people, but those insignias on your bike; I knew I’d seen them somewhere. Finally came to me a couple of nights ago; it was on some scrap metal that the merchant was trying to convince me could transform into another vehicle. What a load of bullhockey that was.
That was a couple of years ago, think it was out near Merctown, not long after the last time I was in the Pecos Empire and Penny and I had that wild time in the canyons.”

OOC Comments
Penny knows that he’s not referring to a relationship, but to a more dangerous incident that required both finesse and a lot of firepower to extract themselves from. I’ll leave you to fill in any details if you want.
GM bennies 6/8
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

Corrigon wrote:“That Operator of yours, Adamson, he’s a right one he is. In his cups last time I spoke to him, which considering it was during the day, not really a good sign for you Legion folks. He didn’t like me telling him that I can tell ya.” Strickland shakes his head.
“However, that’s not my problem;” his voice drops to a whisper
“Not sure, but I think that something has been at my targeting systems. Could do with somebody with the right skill set to check them over.”

He let that sink in before turning solely to Mica.

“By the way, something has been bugging me since I met you lot about your bike,” he says to Mica, “finally figured it. Fought loads of people, but those insignias on your bike; I knew I’d seen them somewhere. Finally came to me a couple of nights ago; it was on some scrap metal that the merchant was trying to convince me could transform into another vehicle. What a load of bullhockey that was.
That was a couple of years ago, think it was out near Merctown, not long after the last time I was in the Pecos Empire and Penny and I had that wild time in the canyons.”

OOC Comments
Penny knows that he’s not referring to a relationship, but to a more dangerous incident that required both finesse and a lot of firepower to extract themselves from. I’ll leave you to fill in any details if you want.
"I could take a look at them, hopefully the tech is too different from what I usually work with. My bike has an inherent problem. unique fuel power source. once it is gone, I either have to find more, convert it or find something else to pilot. That may be a lead on how to convert it, if someone has done such a thing. not surprised that other people from my world ended up here. I can ride the bike on normal fuel, that is a plus though."
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

kidemonas shifts down to his human form and walks the new lady into to meet Penny. With the impulsiveness of youth he does not even wait for a good spot in the conversation before interrupting. "Penny, this is Vivian, she was looking for you because she is joining our Clutch.

"Okay I have to go. There is some new cave out near the ley line and no one else wants to come see it with me."
Introductions being made Kidemonas decides that was what was needed so he turns and started walking out getting ready to fly out and find this cave.
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

Mica looks over to Kidemonas as he arrives on the scene. Standing there quietly as he introduces Vivian to Penny but not even a mention of herself. She looks at Vivian for a moment before returning her attention to Strickland. "I guess let us go check out your robot now. Everyone else has things to do."
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"A robot that turns into a bike? I think I had something like that as a toy when I was a kid. One arm had fallen off by the time I got it but I still loved it." She closed the door to her ATV, and smiled at Vivian.

"Hi there! Welcome. I'm Penny, and they seem to have decided I'm in charge. What can I do for you?"
Vivian Parker

Post by Vivian Parker »

Notice 11
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 5
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Once Vivian is set down, she visibly shakes. She wasn’t afraid of heights. She was well-practiced at second story work. But flying is something totally different. And a dragon! She thought she was going to be eaten!

“A little warning next time!” Viv snapped at Kidemenos.

Pulling herself together, Viv looked to the other two women and the man. She arched an eyebrow at him. Was he checking her out?

“Governor Wise? Vivian Parker. The Tomorrow Legion sent me out. Said you could use the help,” the young woman in black said. She didn’t mention the Black Market’s interest in the group. “I do a bit of computer work and thievery. If you need something nicked, I’m your girl.”

Viv turned to the other woman and the man. “And you?” She smiled, friendly. “Sorry. Meeting a lot of new people. It’s kind of overwhelming. I haven’t been with the Legion long.”

Conditions
Vivian Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: 17 (6)
Acrobat: +2 nimbleness Agility rolls
Brawny: Load limit Str x 8
Connections (Black Market)
Elan:+2 on benny rolls
I Know a Guy
Scrounger
Strong Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Bennies: 4/4
Pistol Ammo: 20; 2 x 20 reloads
Rifle Ammo: 60; 2 x 60 reloads
Armor: 10/10 PP
Adventure Card:
  • Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
  • Bullseye!: Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack.
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Danger Sense
Elan: +2 on benny rolls
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Bennies: 5/4
Rifle Ammo: 59; 2 x 60 reloads
Adventure Card:
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Speedy Gonzalez: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Strickland looks at Viv and his face breaks out in a smile.

"I like this one Penny, she's a keeper," he guffaws, before offering his dirty hand to Viv.

"Name's Strickland, townspeople hire me to help protect them. As I was telling old Penny here, some bugger has been at my sensor systems at some point or at least that's what it looks like to me." his brow furrowed, some worry appearing there.

"If you ladies would like to have a look; the lovely Mica first of course." he smiled at her, still surprisingly retaining all his teeth.
OOC Comments
If you go and have a look at Strickland's robot
Knowledge computers
success - on the face of it, the code has definitely been introduced externally, but it
raise - it appears that it is in the identification sub-routine, only it appears incomplete.

Knowledge engineering
success = getting access to Strickland's sensor system looks like it might have been done externally rather than direct access to the operating system.
raise - a small plating sheet in the left shoulder shows signs of having been prised up where a sensor sub=nodule can be found and then reset.
GM bennies 6/8
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

Mica turns back to face Vivian and salutes out of habbit. "Mica Nowel, United Earth Expeditionary Force, Mars Division." Snapping back to her sense, "I guess that isn't relevant now though. I need to remember that. Anyways, I'm was born on Mars in another universe. I guess that makes me both a Martian and a D-bee."

Mica goes over to the robot and starts taking a look at it using her engineering skills.
OOC Comments
Knowledge Engineering [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Success - getting access to Strickland's sensor system looks like it might have been done externally rather than direct access to the operating system.
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Penny's radio crackles to life, and Savant's voice comes over. "Penny? Has Kidemonas left you yet? If not, it would be helpful, when he comes to the Quarry, if he could bring my pack from Widow Mikkelson's. It has some tools we may find useful." After a pause, she continues. "We are going to poke around that strange artifact; Heracles can scent something inside it. If any of you would like to join us, perhaps Kidemonas could give you a lift, as well."
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Savant wrote:Penny's radio crackles to life, and Savant's voice comes over. "Penny? Has Kidemonas left you yet? If not, it would be helpful, when he comes to the Quarry, if he could bring my pack from Widow Mikkelson's. It has some tools we may find useful." After a pause, she continues. "We are going to poke around that strange artifact; Heracles can scent something inside it. If any of you would like to join us, perhaps Kidemonas could give you a lift, as well."
Sounding pouty, as he usually does when not getting his way, Kidemonas answers back on the radio. "Okay, well I do love to fly people places.

Turning around to the rest of them he says. "I am going to meet Savant and head to the quarry. Jump on if you want to come." After everyone is on, he takes flight heading back to Savant as he readies to head out for some fun exploring rocks.
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"'Governor.' Never going to get used to that. How do you do, Vivian. I'm a scholar and a reporter and, I guess, nominally in charge around here. Or at least, I know what's going on." She shook Vivian's hand with a smile.

She makes sure to keep an eye on Mica while she looks over the robot's sensor array, feeling oddly protective of the pilot despite the fact that she could probably lay Penny out without any help from that alien super-robot she had.

As the radio crackled to life, Penny listened in, her eyes widening. "Something inside an artifact? Oh ho, that sounds like a story, yes." Penny turns back to the others, her curiosity written on her face. "Do you all want to check that out, then? We can talk on the way."
Vivian Parker

Post by Vivian Parker »

Notice 4
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 10
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Ace [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]7[/dice]

“Pleased ta meet ya,” Vivian said, shaking Strickland’s hand. “Nice robot.” She looked the large armored vehicle over. Like most mercenaries, it was kind of a hash of parts and decoration, but it looked functional to her untrained eye.

“I can take a look at the computer, if Mica agrees.” She glanced at Penny and then reached into her long coat to pull out a small field computer. “I got something that can help, if you like.”

“Nice to meet you, Mica,” Viv said as she powered up the computer. She looked at the woman curiously. “Where’s Mars? Is that somewhere in the Magic Zone?” she asked. “Sorry. I grew up in the Burbs. I’m lucky I can even read,” she said apologetically.

As Mica checked out the actual sensors, Viv plugged into Strickland’s computer. She checked out the naked lady screensaver on his control panel. There were a few other scantily clad pictures pasted here and there in the cockpit as well. It wasn’t that Viv wasn’t used to such things. She did grow up in the Burbs, after all.

“That your mom?” Viv teased Strickland as her field computer ran diagnostics. “She’s hot.”
K. Computers 9
+2 field computer
K. Computers [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]8[/dice]
“There is definitely some different code in here,” Viv told Strickland. “Not part of the normal sensor programming, introduced from outside. It’s in the identification subroutines, but it looks like whoever was doing it didn’t finish. Maybe they got interrupted? Might be they come back.”

Viv looked over at Penny when she mentioned an artifact in the quarry. “What kind of artifact?” she asked, already seeing credit signs. She would bet the Black Market would like to know about it. “I’ll come check it out, sure,” she told Penny as she unplugged from Strickland’s robot. “Make sure you call your mom,” she told Strickland with a grin.

Conditions
Vivian Character Sheet
Elan:+2 on benny rolls
I Know a Guy
Scrounger
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Card:
  • Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
  • Bullseye!: Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack.
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Danger Sense
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Adventure Card:
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Speedy Gonzalez: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

Mica looks over the physical sensor system, "What ever they were doing to your sensors, it looks like they were modding the sensors themselves, no the operating system."

She turns to Vivian, "Mars is..." she looks up at the sky, which is pretty hard being inside a building. "Mars is up there. I'll point it out on the trip. It's another planet in the solar system."
Vivian Parker

Post by Vivian Parker »

Notice 3
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 6
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Vivian looked up at the sky as Mica did -- or, rather, at the ceiling. Then she looked over at Mica incredulously.

“You’re shitting me,” she said. “Prank the newbie? There aren’t other planets up there! Sure, through a rift, maybe, but in the sky?”

Growing up in the burbs didn’t give one much education. Viv was barely literate herself.

Conditions
Vivian Character Sheet
I Know a Guy
Scrounger
Adventure Card:
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Danger Sense
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Adventure Card:
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Vivian Parker wrote:“That your mom?” Viv teased Strickland as her field computer ran diagnostics. “She’s hot.”
Strickland takes Viv's comments in his stride, chuckling to himself.

"That's funny luv, she said she was your mother."

As Mica and Viv explain what had happened to his systems, he looks annoyed.

"I demand a guard on my robot, or at least, you improve security around here." he stops and looks at the three ladies, "or these lovely ladies can help find a way to make my robot more secure."
GM bennies 6/8
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

Vivian Parker wrote: ***

Vivian looked up at the sky as Mica did -- or, rather, at the ceiling. Then she looked over at Mica incredulously.

“You’re shitting me,” she said. “Prank the newbie? There aren’t other planets up there! Sure, through a rift, maybe, but in the sky?”

Growing up in the burbs didn’t give one much education. Viv was barely literate herself.

Mica just gives Vivian this look. That "um really? this is really happening?" look. Then she glances at Penny then to Strickland, and finally to Kidemonas. Then she just shakes her head. "Well, I am from a rift. But the lights in the sky are stars that have planets around them. Some of the lights up there are actually planets, the light from our sun is reflecting off of them back to earth. Kinda like the moon, just they aren't that close. Anyways that is probably enough of a science lesson." She looks at Penny. "Can we get a guard assigned here and it sounds like we need to go check out the quarry."
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"I agree on both counts. I'll check to get a guard assigned in here. And maybe secure wireless channels?" she added, with the tone of voice of someone who knows a little about modern computing, but only a little.

"As for the artifact and the quarry, I don't know any more about it than what went through on the radio, and that's why I'm eager to check it out. If you two would be so kind?"
Vivian Parker

Post by Vivian Parker »

Notice 9
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Common Knowledge 2
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

“My mother?” Vivian replied to Strickland. “Huh. Guess that means no hooking up with you then, brother.” She flashed the mercenary a teasing grin.

When Strickland got all demanding about security on his robot, Viv kept quiet. She had only just arrived, and she didn’t know the ins and outs of anyone’s relationships. “I’m willing to help with whatever,” she said with a shrug. “You got external cameras on this thing? Maybe set up some prox detectors to activate them.” Vivian had foiled plenty of security systems in her young life. Hell, the cameras and prox detectors wouldn’t even pick her up in the armor she wore. But this was a pretty rare set, and unless the person was a cyber-knight, it should work. “You could even get it with an uplink to your personal device so you could check out who set off the alert.”

Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
I Know a Guy
Scrounger
Adventure Card:
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Danger Sense
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Adventure Card:

Return to “Garnett Town”