Remington Staghorn - D'Norr Techno-Wizard

Home to characters who have been put into an official "Inactive Character Slot" for later use.
Ames Jean-louis

Remington Staghorn - D'Norr Techno-Wizard

Post by Ames Jean-louis »

Rolls
HJ Education:[dice:e7txfmgl]41483:0[/dice:e7txfmgl] Knowledge Computers at d8 and +2 to deal with electronic security
HJ Training [dice:e7txfmgl]41483:1[/dice:e7txfmgl] Choice: +5 Skill Points to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing
HJ Magic and Mysticism [dice:e7txfmgl]41483:2[/dice:e7txfmgl] +2 Damage with Direct Damage Spells and TW weapons
HJ Experience and Wisdom [dice:e7txfmgl]41483:3[/dice:e7txfmgl] Free Professional Edge: Master of Magic
HJ Magic and Mysticism [dice:e7txfmgl]41483:4[/dice:e7txfmgl] Automatically gains raise on boost/lower trait power
HJ Underworld and Black Ops Bonus: [dice:e7txfmgl]41483:5[/dice:e7txfmgl] Thief Edge with +3 Skill Points for Stealth, Climbing, and Lockpicking
Legendary Mystic Rifter [dice:e7txfmgl]41483:6[/dice:e7txfmgl] Can't Get Away: Any time you shake and opponent, you also cause a wound
Narrative Hook: [dice:e7txfmgl]41483:7[/dice:e7txfmgl] Blood is Thicker
Credits [dice:e7txfmgl]41483:8[/dice:e7txfmgl]x1000: 5000
Player Name: Mike
Google Handle: mjhusband
Character Name: Remington ‘Remmy’ Staghorn
Race: D’Norr Devil Man
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d6 (d8), Vigor d6
Charisma: +1; Pace: 6 d6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 14 (8); Strain: 0
Bennies: 3

Skills:
  • Athletics d4+2
  • Driving: d4
  • Fighting d8
  • Intimidate d6
  • Knowledge Arcana: d6
  • Knowledge Computers: d8+2
  • Knowledge Electronics: d8+2
  • Knowledge Engineering: d6
  • Knowledge Science: d6
  • Lockpicking d4+2
  • Notice d6
  • Persuasion: d4+1
  • Piloting: d4
  • Repair: d8
  • Shooting: d8
  • Stealth: d6
  • Streetwise: d6+1
  • Taunt d6
  • Techno-Wizardry: d8+1

Situational Skill Modifiers:
  • Machine Maestro: +2 to non-combat Trait rolls when interfacing with mechanical or electronic devices, +4 if it is a Techno-Wizard Gizmo or device. Half bonus for combat Trait rolls.
  • Thief Edge: +2 to Climbing, +2 to Stealth in urban areas and +2 to Notice and Repair when traps or similar devices are involved.
  • +2 when dealing with electronic security from HJ roll.

Complications and Hindrances
  • Cybernetics Complication
  • Device Dependent Complication
  • Sensitive (Racial): -2 to Fear checks
  • Restricted Path (Racial): No capacity for Psionics
  • Hindrance (Iconic) Enemies: Coalition and Federation of Magic
  • Hindrance (Iconic) Gearhead Geek: Quirk: Talks to equipment he is trying to repair or hack
  • Hindrance (Major) Curious: Can’t resist anything that is hidden or secret.
  • Hindrance (Minor) Stubborn: Needs to see the plan through.
  • Hindrance (Minor) Vengeful: He and his family were taken advantage of once. Never again.

Edges
  • Edge: Scholar: Knowledge Computers and Electronics (Hindrance)
  • Edge: Master of Magic (HJ Roll)
  • Edge: Thief (HJ Roll)
  • Edge: Brave (Advance)

D’Norrr Racial Traits
  • Distinctive D-Bee when dealing with the Coalition: -4 to Charisma
  • Intelligent and Spiritual
  • Natural Arcane Affinity
  • Personable
Mystic Rifter
Can't get away: You are known far and wide as a hero that is ruthless in their pursuit for justice. Any time you shake an opponent that opponent actually takes wound. This will take most extras out of play and make wild cards think twice about what ever you got up your sleeve.

Iconic Framework
  • Arcan Background (Weird Science): See Gizmos below
  • Arcane Machinist: Begins with a variant of the Gadgeteer Edge which grants enormous flexibility. As an action (instead of 1d20 minutes), the can produce a magical gadget replicating any power available to Techno-Wizards. To make the device requires a successful Techno-Wizardry roll at −2 per Rank the power is above her own. The device has its own pool of PPE equal to half the 10 PPE pool. With a raise, the device gets +5 PPE. The item can only be activated with its own PPE and once used up (or at the end of the session), the device burns out or otherwise becomes unusable. Arcane Machinist is usable 5 times per session.
  • Machine Maestro

Gizmos (20 PPE)
  • ‘K(atana)-Daddy’ (damage field, exalted damage field): 4/8 PPE, Touch, 3 rounds (2/round). K-Daddy is a vibro sword with an added telekinetic edge. The sword literally sheds telekinetic energy when its activated. Motion sensing circuitry and telekinetic magic also help the wielder answer any incoming melee attack with a deadly riposte.
    Trapping
    Gizmo is a sword consisting of the Damage Field Power with the Telekinetic Crushing Force trapping. Damage is 2d6+4 to anyone who attacks the user and is adjacent or Str+2d6+4 if used as an attack. Can also be used as a touch attack to deal field Damage minus Str. A raise raises the 2d6 damage to 2d8. The Maga Power starts at 2d8 and does Mega Damage with a raise increasing damage to 2d10 or increasing the field to an MBT.
  • PII Scanner(detect arcana/exalted detect arcana): 3/5 PPE, Sight, 3 (1/round). Personally Identifiable Information is something that you usually want to keep to yourself. Not so for magic users and supernatural creatures with this gizmo. The PII Scanner tells you all you need to know with regards to magical capability and supernatural habits. Luckily HIPAA laws don't exist on Rifts earth.
    Trappings
    (Brave)Knowledge is power and the more you know, the less scared you are. The user gains +1 to spirit checks vs fear, and on a raise +1 spirit die type increase

• Sense Dep(rivation) Spray (conceal arcana/exalted conceal arcana): 2/4 PPE, Sight, 1 hour (1/hour). It’s best to just whip up a gadget specific to B&E job or to slip into somewhere undetected. Dog-Boys, Psi-Stalkers, and nosy psychics are a constant. That’s what Sense Dep. Spray is for. Use it on your clothes, gear, heck use it as deodorant. Send those Coalition rubes on wild goose chase while you’re at it.
    Trappings
    Conceal arcana with the ‘A Matter of Aesthetics’ trapping. The spray can be sprayed on things not only to conceal, but to appear as something else.

• Liquid Crystal Contact Lens with Integrated Self Help Heads Up Display (boost trait/greater boost trait) : 3/5 PPE, Smarts/Smartsx2, 3 rounds (1/round). This liquid crystal contact lens is placed in the eye and then flash frozen to permanently bond to the eye. It is normally clear but houses a complex supercomputer (and a little magic) that will provide the optimal way to accomplish any task through complex algorithms and analysis of the viewed situation. When activated, the heads up display guides the wearer through the most optimal way to achieve the goal.
    Trapping
    A reskinning of the Temporal Trapping, the computer analyzes a 1000 different possibilities, the lens grants a d4 in any untrained skill.
    Always grants raise effect so +2 die for the normal use of the gizmo and +4 die for the Mega power version.
  • Neural Disruptor (lower trait/greater lower trait) : 2/4 PPE, Smarts/Smartsx2, 3 rounds (1/round). This stun gun activated by Shooting and fires a pulse of dirsrupting energy that scrambles the nervous system and reduces the capabilty of the targt to perform their current task.
    Trapping
    Biomanipulation -Paralysis. The victim's trait is lowered by one die type with lower trait and two die type with greater lower trait. In addition (since the power always is considered to gain a raise), the victim must also roll Vigor check or be incapacitated by being paralyzed. Unlike a normal incapacitation, they are locked rigidly in place, cannot move, take any action, and are considered helpless. Each subsequent round, the victim may roll Vigor to revive to Shaken and in the hands of Remington, this also causes a wound.
Last edited by Ames Jean-louis on Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 13 times in total.
viewtopic.php?t=7384
Bennies: 2/3
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 9 (2)
Wounds 0/3
ISP: 9/10
Fatigue 0/2
Dominion: 8
Ames Jean-louis

Re: Remington Staghorn - D'Norr Techno-Wizard

Gear
  • TW-13 Field Mechanic : This is the Techno-Wizard version of the popular TX-13. Customized and stylized specifically for Techno-Wizards. The first this done was to magically convert the armor to Techno-Wizardry. Of course, the design relies on arcane force fields to continue to provide environmental protection and implements magically forged metals, mystic crystal energy cells, and rune-patterned conduits and circuits to provide all of the features of the T-13’s helmet---because wearing a helmet it just not cool. But the TW-13 goes further than that by getting rid of the mechanical arm and replacing it with a completely telekinetic extension. Additional added features allow the Techno-Wizard to make repairs anytime and anywhere--you never know when you need to build the plane mid-flight. With this suit of armor, the Techno-Wizard always has exactly what he needs and is overall just better at being the best.
    Details
    • Base item is Triax T-13: 75,000 credits
    • +8 to Armor, +1 to Toughness
    • Shoulder holster, portable tool kit, pouches, etc
    • Laser Torch: 3d6 4/8/16 AP 3 Mega Damage
    • Extendable telekinetic arm fully articulated and able to use tools, Reach 1, Str d6 with telekinetic finger to deal Str+d4 damage.
    • Directional Lights (glow trapping), 10x magnification, thermal and night vision, spectrographic scanner, mini-computer, communications with 10 mile range, loudspeakers, laser distancer
    • +2 to Repair
    • Fully Environmental
    • 18 lbs. 2PPE per hour to activate.
    • Conversion cost: 7500
    • Minor Upgrade: Telekinetic Trapping for extendable arm. This changes it to an invisible arm of force. A reskin of the vaporous reach ectoplasmic trapping (5000 credits).
    • Minor Upgrade: +2 to Armor (5000 credits).
    • Major Upgrade: McGyver Edge (20,000 credits).
    • Major Upgrade: +1 die to Strength (10,000 credits)
    • Major upgrade: wall walker power with the Jazz trapping to add +2 to Pace and +1 to Agility on a raise (20,000 credits).
    • Major Upgrade: 10 Stored PPE (30000 credits)
    • Total Cost: 172500 credits
  • Universal Energy to Matter Converter
  • S&R or Branaghan Armored Duster 10lbs
  • TK Revolver
    • 2d6+6 Damage, Range:12/24/48, ROF:1, AP:4, Shots:6, 4 lbs, Rapid Attack, 2PPE to load, +2PPE to do Mega Damage
      Trapping
      Crushing Force Telekinetic Trapping
  • NG-LG6
    • 3d6+2 Damage, Range:25/50/100, ROF:1, AP:2, Shots:20, 19 lbs, Min Str d6, SA. Integral grenade launcher (Range 18/36/72, Damage by grenade, 8 shots)
  • Chain long Sword
    • Str+2d8 Damage, AP:2, 15 lbs, Mega Damage
  • 1900 credits, 32 lbs. carried.
  • NG-S2 Survival Pack 30 lbs.
Last edited by Ames Jean-louis on Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
viewtopic.php?t=7384
Wounds 0/3
Fatigue 0/2
Ames Jean-louis

Advances
  • Initial Advances: (From Hindrances): +1 die to Smarts, Scholar Edge
  • Novice 1 Advance: Brave Edge
  • Novice 2 Advance:
  • Novice 3 Advance:
  • Seasoned 1 Advance:
  • Seasoned 2 Advance:
  • Seasoned 3 Advance:
  • Seasoned 4 Advance:
  • Veteran 1 Advance:
  • Veteran 2 Advance:
  • Veteran 3 Advance:
  • Veteran 4 Advance:
  • Heroic 1 Advance:
  • Heroic 2 Advance:
  • Heroic 3 Advance:
  • Heroic 4 Advance:
  • Legendary 1 Advance:
  • Legendary 2 Advance:
  • Legendary 3 Advance:
  • Legendary 4 Advance:
viewtopic.php?t=7384
Wounds 0/3
Fatigue 0/2
Ames Jean-louis

Background

Remington grew up in the ‘Burbs. His childhood was as normal as it could be as a D-Bee on the outskirts of Chi-Town. His parents ran a small antiquities shop that occasionally stocked the minor enchanted item. It also was a front for the Black Market. Credits passed through and were laundered by the shop on a weekly basis. Remmy’s father, having some skill with magic, also did the occasional Rift Runner job. In return, the Staghorns never went hungry and were protected by the Black Market.

Remington had his father’s talent for magic but unlike his parents, wanted nothing to do with old books and antiques. Remmy loved technology and was always trying to find the latest holo-games, VR gear, and computer systems. This upset his mother but his father allowed it seeing it as a way for his son to get out from underneath the thumb of the Black Market.

When Remmy was seventeen, his mother passed from an unknown illness. Remington was devastated but his father was more angry. He never said anything but his Rift Runner jobs became more and more frequent and Remmy saw him less and less. Looking back, all of this coincided with his father getting pinched and losing an item on a run and the arrival of a new Captain for the neighborhood, a vicious Vanguard Brawler named Lucius.

Lucius ruled with an iron fist. Brutally punishing those who posed a threat or failed him. Lucius also took an interest in Remington. The young D’Norr had a knack for hacking cred sticks. Soon Remmy was making real cash. He got a suit of armor that was the envy of all of his friends and also helped him with his work. Seemed Lucius was forgiving if Remmy happened to wipe a cred stick. At least that is what Remington thought, in reality Remmy’s father was forced to go on more and more runs and the family shop soon was taken over to sell stolen and illicit entertainment gear.

One day his father didn’t come home. When Remmy inquired to Lucius about what happened, the Brawler laughed. He’d happened to be drunk and his cruel nature unchecked told Remington the whole story of how his mother’s death was actually poison and that it was a mercy really to for all of the work the family had done for the Black Market. Still someone had to pay, and since the shop could not keep up with the laundering of credits, Remmy’s father had to go on more runs. Everytime Remington wiped a cred stik, Remmy’s father would need to do a run to make up for it. The bigger the lost amount, the more dangerous the run--until there was one that was too dangerous.

Remington, his eyes now open, was furious. He couldn’t hit Lucius directly, but he could fix it so the spiny bastard got what he deserved. It took time, but Remmy was patient. Slowly. over the course of a few years. stockpiling weapons and a hoverbike, the D’Norr waited for his moment. All the while doing his job hacking cred sticks. Finally, one of the local Bosses came into collect payment and Remington made sure he wiped the credits from the cred stick Lucius was handing over. Remington did not wait around, but he heard later punishment was brutal and swift. Remington didn’t care. He turned his hover-bike towards Castle Refuge. Time to do some good with the skills he had.
viewtopic.php?t=7384
Wounds 0/3
Fatigue 0/2
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Trappings: Overall, I love it!
—The lower trait trapping would be more along the line of the raise effect is replaced by the incapacitation effect ( which is just a retrapp on sleep).
—Damage Field: Should be STR+2d6, since it is a vibro sword I’ll give you 4AP on it for +1 ppt cost ( just keep in mind attacking the sword itself could interrupt or even dispel the power).

The sig item... I would preffer the following but I understand I am in the minority on what the word appropriate means to the item.
-TW bonus only apply to build rolls
-Smart Die increase: +1 extra gaget built with arcane machinist.

My reservations are 2 fold. First armor does not increase smarts or help with TW so I would not see it appropriate. Given the flavor text I could see the above suggestions being fine. Second, as a player I do not really want badguys to be able to have gear that had any bonus imagined on their gear. Seems weird, I know, because GMs can build villians however they want, but I think the unspoken social contract at the table should be fair for both sides.

Like I said, I am in the minority on this one for sure and expect the item to pass as is.

Hindrences: Curious is a major. I am fine with it, just wanted to point that out.

EP puchases: NG-357 Magnum-Turbo Hovercycle is not restricted. As a heads up, there will be an opportunity to requisition some extra gear.

Skills and Attributes: Can you please provide a pt break down of them?
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:The sig item... I would preffer the following but I understand I am in the minority on what the word appropriate means to the item.

My reservations are 2 fold. First armor does not increase smarts or help with TW so I would not see it appropriate. Given the flavor text I could see the above suggestions being fine. Second, as a player I do not really want badguys to be able to have gear that had any bonus imagined on their gear. Seems weird, I know, because GMs can build villians however they want, but I think the unspoken social contract at the table should be fair for both sides.
The base armor adds a bonus to Repair that would apply to all uses of the skill. How is a bonus to TW skill any different?
Do we not have a plethora of approved signature items that grant a variety of bonuses to a variety of skills and attributes? Why would the armor not be able to stimulate the character's brain to increase their Smarts stat? It's unconventional, but if it's a techno-wizard's suit of armor, perhaps it's been rigged to juice their head. I might be less inclined to allow the armor to grant another build gadget by virtue of the stat increase, but I'm also not 100% opposed to that, either.
Not a character for my game, but I'm just curious about the reasoning behind a suit of magic armor being able to stimulate the physical attributes, but not somehow augment Smarts.
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
12th AAT Bennies
12th AAT GM Bennies: 2/8
Wild Card Bennies:
Devak: 0/2
Varig: 0/2
Cole: 0/2
Prestige Unlimited Bennies
Prestige Unlimited GM Bennies: 5/5
Wild Card Bennies:
William Tack: 3
Kraig: 3
Vedder: 3
Shade: 3
Fletch: 3
Findriel: 0
Niels: 4
Ames Jean-louis

I went ahead and changed it to +1 Str die and +2 armor for the signature item. To me, that is just as effective and in line with what armor can do.

Top the other points:

1. Curious: Fixed and thanks for that catch.

2. Not sure I am following on lower trait. The Bio-Manipulation - Paralysis trapping says it replaces the raise effect with paralysis. So if you get a raise on a standard lower trait it lowers the trait by one die and causes paralysis instead of lowering the trait two die. If that wasn't clear I will edit and copy/paste it from the House Rule trappings. Sorry about that.

3. Damage Field: Again, I think I should have done a better job of writing it out. The telekinetic aura replaces the raise effect with a damage field raise effect with an additional damage field effect. So instead of going from 2d6 to 2d8, it does 2d6+2d4. The extra +2 is because of my HJ roll of doing +2 damage with damaging powers and TW weapons and my HJ roll of always getting the raise effect with the power. I did this because I wanted the gizmo to be a weapon (I read this is how Martial Artists trap the power in Deadlands) and not have the MBT on the Mega Power version. If if its the stacking of the damage fields that's an issue, I will re-work. Not sure how attacking with it could interrupt or dispel the power as that is part of the power description.

4. EP on the hover-cycle. I figured it was a big enough ask to replace a tool kit with a vehicle but maybe I can fill the mod slots up with TW vehicle weapons to get it to a restricted level.

5. Breakdown: Attributes: Start with d6 in Smarts and Spirit for D'Norr. From the initial 5 points, place 2 in Agility d8 and 1 in Smarts d8 , Strength d6, and Vigor d6. Use Hindrance to raise Smarts to d10.
For skills, there are a lot here. From HJ rolls and character creation, I have 26 to spend plus what a TW gets automatically from required knowledge and starting Techno-Wizardry skill.
Required Knowledge gives
Knowledge Arcana d6
Knowledge Engineering d6
Knowledge Science d6
Repair d6 +1 point spent to get it to d8 (running total: 1)
Techno-Wizardry starts at d8 [/b]
Climbing d4+2 1 of three free points from bonus Underworld and Black Ops HJ roll granting skill points and Thief Edge
Driving d4 +1 point spent (running total: 2)
Fighting d8 3 of 5 points spent from HJ Training roll
Intimidate d6 +2 points spent (running total: 4)
Knowledge Computers d8+2 from scholar and Education HJ roll
Knowledge Electronics d8 free d6 from 77th house rules and +1 point spent (running total: 5)
Lockpicking d4+2 2 of three free points from bonus Underworld and Black Ops HJ roll granting skill points and Thief Edge
Notice d6 +2 skill points spent (running total: 7)
Persuasion d4+1 +1 skill points spent plus charisma (running total: 8)
Piloting d4 +1 skill point spent (running total: 9)
Shooting d8 5 of 5 points spent from HJ Training roll +1 skill point (running total: 10)
Stealth d6 3 of three free points from bonus Underworld and Black Ops HJ roll granting skill points and Thief Edge +1 skill point (running total: 11)
Streetwise d4+1 +1 skill points spent plus charisma (running total: 12)
Taunt d6 +2 skill points spent (running total: 14)
Throwing d4 +1 point spent (Final total: 15)
Last edited by Ames Jean-louis on Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
viewtopic.php?t=7384
Wounds 0/3
Fatigue 0/2
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Right now the trapping on lower trait is: Biomanipulation _ Paralysis. A raise causes the target’s nervous system to lock up. The victim must also roll Vigor or be incapacitated by being paralyzed. Unlike a normal incapacitation, they are locked rigidly in place, cannot move, take any action, and are considered helpless. Each subsequent round, the victim may roll Vigor to revive to Shaken.

It is not clear that the raise effect is being replaced.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

As a note, I am no longer in this game so I do not have a stake in it. But when I asked Clint about this he said a TW item to enhance a Build Roll would need to enhance all three build skills and could not enhance only one skill.

https://www.pegforum.com/forum/savage-r ... tw-devices
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

PS: I love the pictures included for concept on all your gear. That is really awesome for my visual of the character.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Ames Jean-louis

Thanks!
viewtopic.php?t=7384
Wounds 0/3
Fatigue 0/2
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Damage field is woerd but I would love to see it in play. The dispel, was not so much if you attacked something. But if something attacked the sword.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:Damage field is woerd but I would love to see it in play. The dispel, was not so much if you attacked something. But if something attacked the sword.
GMs are reviewing this trapping and having two damage fields.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Snake Eyes wrote:
Pender Lumkiss wrote:The sig item... I would preffer the following but I understand I am in the minority on what the word appropriate means to the item.

The base armor adds a bonus to Repair that would apply to all uses of the skill. How is a bonus to TW skill any different?
Do we not have a plethora of approved signature items that grant a variety of bonuses to a variety of skills and attributes? Why would the armor not be able to stimulate the character's brain to increase their Smarts stat? It's unconventional, but if it's a techno-wizard's suit of armor, perhaps it's been rigged to juice their head. I might be less inclined to allow the armor to grant another build gadget by virtue of the stat increase, but I'm also not 100% opposed to that, either.
Not a character for my game, but I'm just curious about the reasoning behind a suit of magic armor being able to stimulate the physical attributes, but not somehow augment Smarts.
Here is a good answer from Clint on the word appropriate. As I already said I am in the minority and I am sure it will get approved.
http://archive.pegforum.com/viewtopic.p ... rs#p462478
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Also note, the signature item HERE needs to be posted HERE. So it can go through the site process and be reviewed.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Koshnek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Koshnek »

Discussed the above with Pender. We both think the trappings of the K-Daddy are very cool. They just don't quite mesh well mechanically.
IZ3 GM Bennies 5/5
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

It seems like the damage field’s would not stack in the way described. They would be their own seperate field. One at 2d6 and the other at 2d4.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ames Jean-louis

I could switch it to the telekinetic Crushing Force if that works. I agree that the two damage fields are kinda funky.
viewtopic.php?t=7384
Wounds 0/3
Fatigue 0/2
Koshnek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Koshnek »

I'm fine with that if Pender is.
IZ3 GM Bennies 5/5
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Can I get a link to the EP gear swap requests? I am personally uncomfortable with gear being swapped out for other gear that is not even the same type. If the requests themselves had what items were being swapped out and it got approved then so be it. I did discuss this with VV and some of the other GMs in the cabal. It does seem the gear swap is for same type items. So like if you started with a plasma rifle and wanted to switch it out for a CS plasma rifle. Or if you started with a laser pistol and wanted to swap it out for a CS laser pistol. If you got a vehicle from rich and wanted to swap it out for a CS vehicle.

That being said if the request was clear on what was being swapped and got approved then you are good to go!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
MJH
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by MJH »

The links are in the gear section of the character sheet so I when I got moved to the forum, I thought it was good to go--that was my assumption so sorry about that. The request went through the new system where you just do the transfer through the ledger. The record of the transfer is here:

Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:02 pm Sent Muskrat Jack
(15.00->1.00) (-14.00) Explorer Points
(365.00->379.00) (+14.00) Move Remington Staghorn into free Patron Account (currently empty)
Signature Item for Remington Staghorn: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2985
Spend 6 additional EP on restricted gear at character creation here: viewtopic.php?f=172&t=2973#p41628
Use 10% Quarterly coupon for 16-.1*16=14

If you would like, I can adjust back. You are the GM so you are the one that needs to be comfortable.

Return to “Cryo-Freeze”