Distant Dimensions: An Inquiry

OOC commentary and whatever else you want to chime in with.
Tyrannosapiens Rex

Distant Dimensions: An Inquiry

Post by Tyrannosapiens Rex »

Does anyone else want to play different systems with the same EU crowd?

I kinda wanna run a game, but am constantly reminded how FUBARed Palladium's system is. Also, not so keen on my current favorite tabletop game in a play by post setting.

Once upon a time we had GURPS, Battletech, Shadowrun, D&D, and other offerings tied to this same site on a separate forum called Distant Dimensions, back when everything but rifts was on another forum called Otherworld.

That's the explanation for the newcomers.

The question is- would you like to see different games with the same familiar players?

I for one would.

I'd even be willing to commit to returning to running Battletech and functioning as administrator, but someone else would have to run GURPS so i could play in that. Otherwise I'll run the GURPS and administrate.

If there is enough support, I'll submit an official proposal for Augur's consideration.

(This post has been transcluded from Explorers Unlimited at the suggestion of CSHC)
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Distant Dimensions: An Inquiry

Post by Venatus Vinco »

This has had some traction in our hangout channel.

Hopefully they can speak up here.

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Whilst I am alwaya interested in other games, what would differ it from other sites?
GM bennies 6/8
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

I like games. Seems that broadening what's being run on the site might drive more traffic to it. Then again, it's savagerifts.com. Who goes to savagerifts.com to play D&D or what-not? Generally, I'd side with adding more games if the forum has the space. If the consensus is to keep it pure, I respect that as well.
How's that for a non-answer?
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
12th AAT Bennies
12th AAT GM Bennies: 2/8
Wild Card Bennies:
Devak: 0/2
Varig: 0/2
Cole: 0/2
Prestige Unlimited Bennies
Prestige Unlimited GM Bennies: 5/5
Wild Card Bennies:
William Tack: 3
Kraig: 3
Vedder: 3
Shade: 3
Fletch: 3
Findriel: 0
Niels: 4
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Snake Eyes wrote:I like games. Seems that broadening what's being run on the site might drive more traffic to it. Then again, it's savagerifts.com. Who goes to savagerifts.com to play D&D or what-not? Generally, I'd side with adding more games if the forum has the space. If the consensus is to keep it pure, I respect that as well.
How's that for a non-answer?
I think the proposal is a new forum in the same family...so explorersunlimited.com/randomsystemsgames

So it wouldn't be a list of other games down below our existing one like "Savage Dimensions" is.

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Tyrannosapiens Rex

Corrigon wrote:Whilst I am alwaya interested in other games, what would differ it from other sites?
The principle difference will be the 'quality control' from being associated with Explorers Unlimited/Savage Rifts, and my own desires(been playing with the likes of Augur, VV, and CSHC for about a decade now so I have standards). In addition, in my opening statement I referenced a desire to play different games with the same crowd- I used to run Battletech on DD with CSHC as a player (a Areo pilot from Outworlds if I remember correctly).

And yes, recruitment. Hook someone with a D&D game, maybe get patronage, and when they want more top-notch PBP RPG action, point them the direction of EU/SR.

To be clear, this would be another site affiliated with EU/SR- not an addition to either existing forum. Your patronage would count but EP won't transfer. (directly or automatically at least, a player with ledgers on both sites might choose to convert for you but that's up to the individual)

(VV beat me to the last point but I left it anyway)
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Tyrannosapiens Rex wrote:To be clear, this would be another site affiliated with EU/SR- not an addition to either existing forum.
Ah, see this kind of kills my interest. The appeal to me would be to have a subforum hanging out at the bottom of the SR site where I could run a game without having to go check and log-in to another website, and could easily gather some interested players from among the player base here (without forcing them to register for another site).
GM Bennies: 7/7
Tyrannosapiens Rex

If I thought that would ever fly I'd agree to it. Actually, I'd have made savagerifts.com simply link to explorersunlimited.com and all your games would be right under the palladium ones. For the same reason.

Your logic makes sense to me. It would be much easier for me to do this recruiting if there was only one OOC chatter for me to post in.
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

We could easily have DD as a link much like we do the image repository - but it would be a separate forum - and it was Valarie Kirschner, Outworlds Alliance Aerospace Pilot - but I was angling her as a LAM Pilot. :D I still have her Time of War sheet.

At one point I ran Shadowrun (4e) on DD as well. I was thinking if one of you D&D5E types wanted to run a game there, you easily could. And someone was asking about running games other than Savage Worlds (Rob Maybe?).

BTW Quality control in this regard simply means the uniformity of presentation we use here on SR.com and is used on EU.com so any GM or player can at a moments notice figure out what the hell is going on with your sheet. Also so we know more or less what we want from player posts. General style, general minimal effort, etc. You've all seen this. We do it by building up, not breaking down, but sometimes that takes a little sternness to get through. Single tense usage, single style usage (third person, present) so each post reads as a part of a whole, not a disjointed hodge podge with no link to those around it. Use of an OOC Forum and an Adventure Forum (though nested like we do on SR.com is probably best), the use of a GM forum for GM planning - structural issues that don't change much, but add some much needed logic and structure to the process for a GM and players.
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.

Return to “Out of Character Topics”