All Things Arcane (Open RP Forum)

Snake Eyes
Game Master

All Things Arcane (Open RP Forum)

Post by Snake Eyes »

This is an open RP thread for the 12th Arcane Anomaly Team. This is for scenes that might need more time than what can be allowed in a main adventure that needs to progress, or just hanging out with each other. Currently there is no set "scene", so if you could include a header with some brief information when posting, that will help people keep coordinated.

For example:

Where: Castle Refuge Mess Hall
When: During hour prep before mission

It doesn't need to be super-specific. Just so we are able to approximate where in the team's timeline and location it is taking place. If you have a specific, small-group RP you want to accomplish, feel free to tag your posts as such. Example: D'norr (and their demon subjects) Unite! (Gaspard and Missouri talk about D'norr things like their favorite cologne, Drakkar D'norr)
Feel free to use this area to flesh out your characters. I know it helps to get some keyboard time in your character's "voice" to really figure out how they are. This is a good place for that.
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
12th AAT Bennies
12th AAT GM Bennies: 2/8
Wild Card Bennies:
Devak: 0/2
Varig: 0/2
Cole: 0/2
Prestige Unlimited Bennies
Prestige Unlimited GM Bennies: 5/5
Wild Card Bennies:
William Tack: 3
Kraig: 3
Vedder: 3
Shade: 3
Fletch: 3
Findriel: 0
Niels: 4
Alex

Re: All Things Arcane (Open RP Forum)

Post by Alex »

Left without me... They really left without me... Jitters, Max they explained how things were but feels like acid now that they really are gone.
Alex with his white hair looks kinda glum sitting there at the table tinkering with a grenade. His eggs are half eaten and organge juice has had time to sit with the pulp separating.
He sighs, ”Acid... Just acid.”
Alex Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d8(2), Smarts d10(2Mars, 1), Spirit d6(1), Strength d4(0) {1d12+4}, Vigor d8+[2]( [d10](1, 1 advance)
Charisma: 2; Pace: 10; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 20(10)[1] MDC; Strain: 0
Combat Edges: Elan, rock and roll, [fearless], [Battle hardened]
Powers Weird Science: Detect/conceal(25/25), Blast(25/25), Dispel(25/25), smite(25/25)
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Damage: By grenade type: plasma 3d10 SBT, 60/120/240, shots 40, rof: 3
Weight: 75
Snapfire, RoF uses one grenade per shot.
Smite Power Attached to it with an Electricity Trapping ( Mega Version is Available as well)
Alex Armor
  • Triax T-31 Super Trooper: Size 1, +10 M.D.C. Armor, +2 Toughness, Strength d12+4, Pace 7.
    Notes: Jet Boosters (Jump 12” horizontal, 6” vertical)
    • „
    • 2 × Rocket Launchers (shoulders). They only fire the F4 Fusion Block missiles (Range 15/30/60, Damage 6d6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT). Each launcher has two missiles
    • „ „ 2×Mounted Rocket Launchers (legs)Left anti-vehicle(4d6 AP11), right normal(5d6 AP6) SBT. 100/200/400, RoF 1, shots 2
      „„
    • 3 × MAE-3 (“Maysies”) Hand Charges. The Maysies are thrown or placed (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, RoF 1, AP 10, Mega Damage, SBT)
      • Fusion Missiles are $3K each. The MAE-3 cost $750.
    • „ „ Vibro-Sword (right arm)
      „„
    • 2 × Laser Torches (each palm). The laser torches can be used in combat (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage
Gill

Post by Gill »

Gill sees the young man struggling with something and walks over. Sitting beside him Gill says nothing for sometime while the boy stares at his plate. Finally when the youth says his words Gill speaks. "May I ask, who did you lose?"

Simply willing to listen Gill does not force the conversation. Only letting Alex speak as he needs, if he needs.
Gill Chaos Master (Rob T)
Gill Chaos Master
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: MARS Vagabond
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Skills: North American d8 (Native), Notice (Smarts) d10 [/color] All Others d6

Gill's Resources
Bennies: 7
  • +5 Quarter Begins + Great Luck

Wounds: 0 of 3
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 30/30
    Magic PPE: 15 of 15
    Miracles PPE: 10 of 10
    Psionic ISP: 10 of 10
    Techno Pool: 15 of 15

Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000
Curatrix - Avatar of The Chaos
Curatrix - Avatar of The Earth
Race: Avatar of The Earth
Iconic Framework: Intelligent Construct
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5 (2.5 tons/10 tons), Vigor d12+2
Pace: 0; Parry: 8/11; Toughness: 41 (20); Size: 3 (10' tall 2,000 lbs)
Skills: Athletics d12+2, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d12+2, Focus d6+2, Notice d4+2 (multi spectrum), Occult d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d4

Curatrix' Resources
Bennies: 2
  • +2 Quarter Begins

Wounds: 0 of 5 (Ignores all Wound Penalties)
    Focus Pool: 15/15
Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Heather walked by with her tray, a large Belgian waffle and bacon on it, along with apple juice. She paused as passed Alex and Gil at a table. The boy’s emotions were strong, hard not to pick up. Gil was more controlled, handsome…

Heather shook that thought away. He was on her team, and she was team leader. That would be inappropriate. Heather realized she should probably get to know her team better, so she set down the book she carried under the tray and sat down to join the boys, suddenly realizing she was the only female on the team.

Heather smiled, a bit shyly, at them and reached for the syrup bottle. She heard Gil’s question and paused. Just about everyone, Heather thought, remembering her family, murdered on that dark night a few years ago.

“Good morning,” Heather greeted, pouring syrup on her waffle.
Character Tracker
Heather Todd Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (6)
ISP: 30/30
Armor: 10/10 PP
Bennies: 4/3
Encumbrance: 28/28 (including pack, 70.75/28, -2 Agility and Strength skills)
Major Psionic: Mind Melters have the Major Psionic Edge and can spend 2 ISP to gain a +1 with any Psionic skill roll, or 4 ISP for a +2 (paid before the roll is made). These effects are doubled when on a ley line.
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage, +2 opposed Psionics rolls
Rapid Recharge: 1 ISP/30m
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Shard Pistol: 36/36 shots
Fireburst Rifle: 20/20 shots
Adventure Card
  • Let’s Settle This: Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Having been dismissed from the Snake's Sanctum, Xero follows the rest of the 12th through the maze of Castle Refuge to the Mess Hall servicing the Barracks. Travel is so much easier via Rifts and Ley Lines. Hallways to rooms. Rooms to corridors. Upstairs. Down ramps. Surprised. They have not leapt through windows yet.[/i The only clue that they have arrived is the smell of food.

The smells are strong and could be over-powering. Not my choice in cuisine.

Xero stands in the doorway as others push past him. So much physical contact causes him to cool. A shield of ice covers Xero. Why am I here.

Through the ice, Xero detects the sweet acrid smell. Power. Juice. PPE. ISP. FOOD!

Xero's body begins to shake. Shards of ice begin crashing to the floor around him. Xero fights the urge to strike and feed.
Last edited by Xero X Kelvin on Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xero X Kalvin
Xero X Kalvin Novice Psi-Stalker Chiller
Parry: 4 || Toughness: 4
ISP: 20/20
Combat Edge: None
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card(s):
  • Cutting In Line: Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest..
Joseph Cook
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Joseph Cook »

Joseph joins the group, carrying two trays absolutely piled with food. He sets them down carefully with a shrug. "Rule number 1: Never miss an opportunity to fill up before a mission." He sits and starts to eat what is actually a pretty healthy sampling of foods, for a cafeteria at least. He takes a couple of Granny Smith apples and tucks them into two of the many pockets on his robe for later.
Gaspard Gillead

Post by Gaspard Gillead »

Gaspard arrives alone at the mess, the looming demon nowhere to be seen. He goes through the line, but in a strange fashion that entails a couple double-backs as he makes his selections. When he comes to the table, his tray has a modicum of 'real' food on it, and an abundance of desserts--two different pieces of pie (key lime and strawberry-rhubarb, it appears), a slice of cake redolent in frosting, a helping of flavored gelatin, and enough candy to satisfy a small army of orphan beggars; the latter he begins slipping into his trenchcoat's pockets even as he sits down.

Apparently misinterpreting any stares his 'meal' might get, he comments, drily, "Left Perdi sitting on his hands back in the truck, ready and waiting to go. He isn't very good dinner company."
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d4 (d8 in armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 17 (8); Strain: 0; Corruption: 0
Skills:
Spellcasting d12; Fighting d4; Athletics d4
Academics d8; Research d10; Common Knowledge d6; Occult d8
Persuasion d6 (Free Re-roll, -1 outside Occult circles); Notice d6; Stealth d4
Edges: Charismatic, Horns, Bind the Summoned, Spell Mastery (Interrogation); Ley Line Magic Mastery; Ley Line Phasing; Ley Line Gate; Sense Rifts; Shift Reality; Linguist; Diabolist; Strong-Willed; Psychotically Brave; Investigator
Hindrances: Quirk (Sweet Tooth); Minor Enemy (Toben Heiros); Code of Honor; Sensitive; Alien Physiology; Disconnected
Powers (Personal): Return From Whence You Came; Mystic Armory; Mana Chill; Authority; Wings of the Demon; Mystic Interrogation; From Darkness Born; Rapid Transit; Expanded Awareness
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Nightmode, Magnification, Wall of Flame (May Use Damage Modifier), Universal Translator, Fortify Will (may use Greater Boost Modifier)
Special: Communication Rift; Dimension Sense
Gear
Soulguard (+2 Resistance to Corruption/mind control; Fortify Will Power)
Combat Mage Heavy EBA (+6A/+3T, +2 Strength Die-types)
Vibro-Knife (Str + d4 MD, AP 6)
Rift Staff (Str + d6, Parry +1, Manipulate Rifts +2, 2-handed, +2 PPE/rd to do MD)
Branaghan Arms Special Overcoat (+2A/+1T; It Has Pockets!)
Bag of Holding
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Everett Jackson »

Everett goes through the line only grabbing a few small portions of nutritious food and skips out on any kind of fried foods or unhealthy snacks. The portions do not seem nearly enough for a man of his size or musculature. He sits down beside Alex and says, "Thanks again kid for upgrading my eyes! It was so bad that I wouldn't have even bothered going through the castle a second time if you hadn't fixed me up. I'm glad I'll be able get to get a bite in before we leave."

"Uhm, Gaspard, wasn't it? You know that most of your selections are....terrible for you, right? That is assuming...d'norr? anatomy does not differ too much from that of humans," Everett comments as his cybereyes sweep over the absolute junk on the shifter's plate. His cybereyes read out a reasonable approximation of the nutritional value for his own benefit as he continues, "I'm not judging you - I eat healthy because my cybereyes can give me a reasonable estimate of what I can expect to get out of any foodstuffs. My cyberware greatly reduces my need for caloric intake - but it still applies that what I put into my body is what I get out of it. I aim to ensure that I'm always efficient as possible in a fight, and eating a good meal is a crucial part of that goal. It may be of interest to you to know that there are foods good for the brain, too. Well, that's true of humans, at least. Please don't take offense - I speak out of ignorance not bigotry. I could help you pick some better options in the future if you are interested."
Everett Jackson, Titan Juicer
Everett, Human Titan Juicer
Pace: 10(d8); Parry: 8(1) Toughness: 24(9)
  • Uncanny Reflexes: Juicer reflexes are superhuman, granting them −2 to be hit by any attack they are aware of and +2 on Evasion rolls.
Note: Neither Quick nor Uncanny Reflexes apply on the first round of an unexpected combat/high-stress situation.
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Ravenous Abandon (Berserk): Per the Berserk Edge, Everett can flip the switch and give partial control over his actions to the Reaver of Essence. This comes at a cost - ending Balitrox's berserking rage is not an option until its hunger has been sated by the blood of a wielder of arcane power
  • Charge: She may ignore the penalty for Running when making a Fighting attack at the end of her movement.
    • Overrun: If he moves at least one inch beyond his normal Pace before making any Fighting attacks, the hero adds +2 to the damage rolls. Any target Shaken by such an attack is knocked prone.
  • Drug-induced Euphoria/Tranquility: In order to keep the Juicer from burning out over a matter of days, the bio-comp constantly supplies a combination of psychotropic drugs and chemical inhibitors to keep him happy and calm. Juicers live in a state somewhere between mildly ecstatic and stoned, which causes −1 to all Smarts or Smarts-linked skill rolls in non-combat or low stress situations. On the first round of an unexpected combat or high-stress situation, the Juicer doesn’t gain the benefits of Uncanny Reflexes or Quick.
  • Frenzy: A character with Frenzy rolls a second Fighting die with any one of his Fighting attacks for the turn. The extra die may be allocated to the same or different targets as he sees fit. Resolve each separately.
  • Internal Repair System: As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal Wounds; this costs one charge.
  • Level Headed: Draw an additional Action Card each round in combat and choose which one to use.
  • Multi-Optic Helmet: It includes a targeting sight, magnification, thermal, infrared, ultraviolet, and night optics. The wearer ignores Illumination penalties, gains +2 to sight-based Notice checks or to offset Range penalties, and +1 Shooting with calibrated weapons. The helmet includes a hands-free radio (10-mile range) and megaphone voice-projection system.
  • Quick: Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.
  • Size +2
  • Split the Seconds: Juicers and Crazies often find themselves living between the ticks of the clock. This Edge allows them to ignore 2 points of Multi-Action penalties each turn (they can perform two actions at no penalty or three at −2 each).
  • Super Endurance: They require only half the normal amount of sleep and gain +2 on all Fatigue checks.
  • Trademark Weapon, Improved: +2 to Fighting with Balitrox and +2 Parry when Balitrox is readied.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Balitrox's PPE: 5/5
Bennies: 4/3; Internal Repair System: 3/3
Burn: 6/8
Edit Signature

Balitrox speaking into Everett's mind.
Gaspard Gillead

Gaspard chuckles. "Don't worry, I make sure to get enough of what I actually need. But I also eat for pleasure, not mere nourishment. And I have a sweet tooth. But thank you for your concern."
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges: Charismatic, Horns, Bind the Summoned, Spell Mastery (Interrogation); Ley Line Magic Mastery; Ley Line Phasing; Ley Line Gate; Sense Rifts; Shift Reality; Linguist; Diabolist; Strong-Willed; Psychotically Brave; Investigator
Hindrances: Quirk (Sweet Tooth); Minor Enemy (Toben Heiros); Code of Honor; Sensitive; Alien Physiology; Disconnected
Powers (Personal): Return From Whence You Came; Mystic Armory; Mana Chill; Authority; Wings of the Demon; Mystic Interrogation; From Darkness Born; Rapid Transit; Expanded Awareness
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Nightmode, Magnification, Wall of Flame (May Use Damage Modifier), Universal Translator, Fortify Will (may use Greater Boost Modifier)
Gear
Rift Staff (Str + d6, Parry +1, Manipulate Rifts +2, 2-handed, +2 PPE/rd to do MD)
Bag of Holding
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Xero pauses for a little longer sifting through the smells of PPE and ISP and then remembers the one smell that means the most to him. Digging down deep, he listens. He breathes. He searches. Are you here?

A few minutes go by and nothing. No voice. No heartbeat. No all consuming cold. You are not here. My search continues.

A few dozen more Legionaires push by and into the hall and Xero reluctantly follows the masses through the lines. Random food items find their way to his tray. He finds his way to the end of lines with a tray heaping and mounded with all assortments of food stuffs.

The head cook at the end of line gives Xero a quizzical look. "You can always come back for seconds."

Xero nods, "I probably will."

He leaves the lines and finds a space near the end of the table where everyone else seems to have gathered. Using the tail end of the table he begins unfreezing items and slow thawing others. Anyone looking close enough would realize that mountain of food on Xero's tray was actually held together by little ice hands.

"Help yourselves. This really isn't my kind of food."
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Joseph Cook
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Joseph Cook »

Joseph looks to Xero and nods. "I get what you mean. We'll need to find you a supply of what you eat while we're out there, right? But until then, so that you don't go hungry, I'll feed you. If you take too much though..."
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Xero is in a near crisis mode, trying hard to keep the urges down when Joseph offers
Joseph Cook wrote:Joseph looks to Xero and nods. "I get what you mean. We'll need to find you a supply of what you eat while we're out there, right? But until then, so that you don't go hungry, I'll feed you. If you take too much though..."
Xero nearly loses control at the sincerity of the offer and almost loses his balance from the chair he is sitting in. Regaining himself, Xero stares at Joseph for a cold hard moment to see if the man is serious.

When Joseph does not say much else, Xero looks at Jospeh's arm and sees that he has placed among the piles of food stuffs. At least it won't be exposed feeding. Other folks seem to revile against that. Xero slightly chills the arm to numb things just a little. Listening closely Xero find the nearest blood vessel not a capilary and makes a small indent with a fork to break the skin.

Blood begins to flow as the skin warms. Xero's skin changes color as he wastes nothing. A good vampire knows when to stop. Topped off, Xero chills the location on Joseph's arm and applies a couple paper napkins against the arm.

In a very quiet voice, "Thanks."
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Joseph Cook
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Joseph Cook »

Joseph nods, shivering a bit as the wound closes. "You're welcome. Glad to see someone on the team with experience tracking down artifacts, because I don't know the first thing about it." He goes back to shoving huge quantities of food into his face.
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Xero laughs dryly. "Hunting artifacts is like looking for food. They come in all varieties. Some are better than others. One man's trash is another man's potpourri. Just because it isn't of value to you, doesn't mean that it couldn't be of value to someone else."

Looking at what Joseph is eating, Xero puts a few other plates from his tray in front of him.

Xero has a thought. Speaking up so the table can hear him. "Anyone got any information on what we are looking for? The Snake Guy was pretty vague and trying to squeeze any information out of the fairy seems likely to only produce baby dill pickles. The really small kind." Xero gestures with his fingers very close together. "Not very tasty if you know what I mean."
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Gaspard Gillead

Gaspard shakes his head. "I don't know anything about this skull, and we don't got time for a proper dig in the library here. Tam's collection is amazing, but it's laid out according to what makes sense to her. Once found a treatise on demonic politics mixed in with a bunch of cookbooks." He pauses. "You think that might be deliberate? Keeping us from finding out too much more about this thing before we go looking for it?"
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Gear
Bag of Holding
Joseph Cook
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Joseph Cook »

Joseph shrugs. "Hell, if that's the strategy it's clearly not aimed at me." He takes a big bite out of a pear. "I'm a simple man, just a weapon looking for targets."
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

"The tight assed fairy seems to hint a very destructive nature. But that could also be that pea-sized brain over-clocking itself in paranoia."

"Snake Eyes' library would have been helpful to search for information."
Joseph Cook wrote:Joseph shrugs. "Hell, if that's the strategy it's clearly not aimed at me." He takes a big bite out of a pear. "I'm a simple man, just a weapon looking for targets."
"I am also a tool in the same fashion, except arcane and the like are my speciality."

Xero looks down at the rest of the table, "Come on now. Someone has to have some juicy details on this hunt." As he says his last words, his excitement lets a chilling breathe loose that quickly frosts everything from one end of the table to the other.
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Seeing Gaspard’s tray of food, Heather shakes her head. She sets one of her oranges in front of the D’Norr. “Nature’s candy,” she told him. “Though if you saw pecan pie up there, I may send you back for some for me.” She grinned at the D’Norr.

“No, I don’t know more than anyone else about this skull we are looking for,” Heather answered. “I have been looking through my books and on my computer. Nothing so far.” She sipped her orange juice and popped a bit of bacon into her mouth.
Character Tracker
Major Psionic: Mind Melters have the Major Psionic Edge and can spend 2 ISP to gain a +1 with any Psionic skill roll, or 4 ISP for a +2 (paid before the roll is made). These effects are doubled when on a ley line.
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage, +2 opposed Psionics rolls
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card
  • Let’s Settle This: Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

"Maybe the tight assed pickle puckered fairy could tell us more."

Standing up, Xero does a scan in the mess hall, looking for Strathros. Once his search is done and finding nothing, Xero sits back down to calmly wait on everyone to finish.
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

“Let’s not antagonize Statheros,” Heather told Xero. “We don’t want to make this trip miserable. We’ll see what he will tell us on the way. He seems very urgent.”

Seeing the psi-stalker was finished, Xero’s plates suddenly lifted from the table and floated down toward Heather, stacking on her empty plate, followed by the silverware and glasses. She barely gave it a thought as she continued talking with the others.
Character Tracker
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Xero lifts his tray off the table as a column of ice fills the space between the table and the tray. Waving to the tray, "Collecting the trays as well?"

Bored and ready to get moving, Xero sits on the table looking to the serving lines. Not moving he watches with a satisfied smile as laddles and serving utensils get dropped for being freezing cold. Foods seem to ice over or solidify. Trays don't move across their tracks.

When a look from the kitchen staff sweeps the mess hall, Xero quickly sits down, "I think serving hours are done. Seems everything is being served on ice." Xero laughs at his own joke and takes a seat on the floor.
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Everett is still eating his food despite having less on his plate than everyone else at the table. The freezing temperature of his fork doesn't bother him. He feels the cold, but his layers of embedded M.D.C. armor and internal life support work to insulate him against the intense cold. However, the tray rapidly cooling his food upsets Everett.

"Dude, lay off. I'll leave when I'm done eating. Your body digests food better and gets the most nutrition out of it if you chew it properly. This meal was actually pretty good before you went all ice-man on it. If this food freezes solid on me, we're going to have a problem," Everett grumbles as he stabs his fork in Xero's direction.
  • Uncanny Reflexes: Juicer reflexes are superhuman, granting them −2 to be hit by any attack they are aware of and +2 on Evasion rolls.
Note: Neither Quick nor Uncanny Reflexes apply on the first round of an unexpected combat/high-stress situation.
  • Ravenous Abandon (Berserk): Per the Berserk Edge, Everett can flip the switch and give partial control over his actions to the Reaver of Essence. This comes at a cost - ending Balitrox's berserking rage is not an option until its hunger has been sated by the blood of a wielder of arcane power
  • Charge: She may ignore the penalty for Running when making a Fighting attack at the end of her movement.
    • Overrun: If he moves at least one inch beyond his normal Pace before making any Fighting attacks, the hero adds +2 to the damage rolls. Any target Shaken by such an attack is knocked prone.
  • Drug-induced Euphoria/Tranquility: In order to keep the Juicer from burning out over a matter of days, the bio-comp constantly supplies a combination of psychotropic drugs and chemical inhibitors to keep him happy and calm. Juicers live in a state somewhere between mildly ecstatic and stoned, which causes −1 to all Smarts or Smarts-linked skill rolls in non-combat or low stress situations. On the first round of an unexpected combat or high-stress situation, the Juicer doesn’t gain the benefits of Uncanny Reflexes or Quick.
  • Frenzy: A character with Frenzy rolls a second Fighting die with any one of his Fighting attacks for the turn. The extra die may be allocated to the same or different targets as he sees fit. Resolve each separately.
  • Internal Repair System: As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal Wounds; this costs one charge.
  • Level Headed: Draw an additional Action Card each round in combat and choose which one to use.
  • Multi-Optic Helmet: It includes a targeting sight, magnification, thermal, infrared, ultraviolet, and night optics. The wearer ignores Illumination penalties, gains +2 to sight-based Notice checks or to offset Range penalties, and +1 Shooting with calibrated weapons. The helmet includes a hands-free radio (10-mile range) and megaphone voice-projection system.
  • Quick: Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.
  • Size +2
  • Split the Seconds: Juicers and Crazies often find themselves living between the ticks of the clock. This Edge allows them to ignore 2 points of Multi-Action penalties each turn (they can perform two actions at no penalty or three at −2 each).
  • Super Endurance: They require only half the normal amount of sleep and gain +2 on all Fatigue checks.
  • Trademark Weapon, Improved: +2 to Fighting with Balitrox and +2 Parry when Balitrox is readied.
Edit Signature

Gill

Post by Gill »

Gill wonders how best to help Xero with his impulse control issues. Certainly it cannot be good to be in the field with someone who does not have self control, but his power is impressive enough he will be able to stay alive. However Gill was more worried about all the innocents they would encounter on the way. "Have you ever tried meditation Xero? I could help you learn, I think you would be surprised it can help your powers grow and your mind."
Gill Chaos Master

Gill's Resources

Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5 (2.5 tons/10 tons), Vigor d12+2
Skills: Athletics d12+2, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d12+2, Focus d6+2, Notice d4+2 (multi spectrum), Occult d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d4

Curatrix' Resources
  • +2 Quarter Begins

Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex lost in thought perks up watching his half eaten eggs go frozen. He seems surprised at all the folks sitting down. When did you all get here? He slams his bracelet on the table with a thud! It is a very interesting bracelet, orange gems softly glow as they adorn it strung neatly together by a silver cord... Dragon hair. Quietly he murmers, You know how how you get one of these? You get it when you try to do good to make up for something horrible. You get it when you get your leg torn to shreds by a thundering rail gun...” He sprays the eggs with a liquid unfreezing them and pushes the defrosted eggs to Evvertte, ” I am just a kid, so probably what I say and do doesn’t mean anything to you bigger than life heroes.”

He smiles weakly at the group putting the grenade in his hands back in his satchel, ”But it seems to me, now is the time for us to figure out where we stand when the going gets tough. Like if we see a bunch of demons coming down on us, do we run or do we fight?”
Alex Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d8(2), Smarts d10(2Mars, 1), Spirit d6(1), Strength d4(0) {1d12+4}, Vigor d8+[2]( [d10](1, 1 advance)
Powers Weird Science: Detect/conceal(25/25), Blast(25/25), Dispel(25/25), smite(25/25)
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Smite Power Attached to it with an Electricity Trapping ( Mega Version is Available as well)
Alex Armor
  • Triax T-31 Super Trooper: Size 1, +10 M.D.C. Armor, +2 Toughness, Strength d12+4, Pace 7.
    • „
    • 2 × Rocket Launchers (shoulders). They only fire the F4 Fusion Block missiles (Range 15/30/60, Damage 6d6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT). Each launcher has two missiles
    • „ „ 2×Mounted Rocket Launchers (legs)Left anti-vehicle(4d6 AP11), right normal(5d6 AP6) SBT. 100/200/400, RoF 1, shots 2
      „„
    • 3 × MAE-3 (“Maysies”) Hand Charges. The Maysies are thrown or placed (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, RoF 1, AP 10, Mega Damage, SBT)
      „„
    • 2 × Laser Torches (each palm). The laser torches can be used in combat (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Heather frowned at Xero’s little trick. “Did you really need to ruin everyone’s breakfast?” she asked him. “Seriously, my six-year-old sister is more mature.” She sighed and shook her head.

Heather looked over at Alex. “It depends on the situation, Alex,” she said. “What are our goals? Would fighting or running help those goals? One should never fight just to fight.”
Character Tracker
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card
Missouri
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Missouri »

Missouri had been quiet up until then, nursing a slight hangover. He glanced at Xero when he first arrived, shaking like a junkie, and then handed off his food. He raised an eyebrow and asked Alex, "What do you think, kid? Should I hate him?" He knew Alex wouldn't get the reference, and it honestly wasn't much to go on, to know to say something like "You don't even know him yet."

He kept eating until Xero froze everything. Missouri let out a sigh and slowly swung his head towards the Freezer, eyes colder than his breakfast despite the smile on his face. "There's just something about him. Something around the eyes, maybe the ice, I don't know, reminds me of... No. I'm sure of it, I hate him." He then flung a piece of frozen egg at Xero's head. "Mess with anythin' o'mine again an' I might stop bein' polite."
Missouri Smith
Character Summary
D'Norr A.R.E.S. Archaeologist

Special: -2 vs Fear; Can get irritable/impatient during periods of low activity (requires a Spirit Roll or gets -2 Charisma and -1 to Trait rolls)

Active effects: Quickness (with raise so redraw Initiative lower than 8); +2 Pace, +1 die Agility.
TK Machinegun - Serious Problem: The device or gear applies a –2 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 2.

Wounds:

Parry: 7; Toughness: 21(11)
Weapons: TK Machinegun; Shard Pistol; TW Energy Whip

Edges: AB Magic, Attractive, Rapid Recharge, Strong Willed, Wizard

Charisma: +3 (-4 w/Coalition)

Bennies: 4

PPE: 25/20
Powers: Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Quickness, Slumber

Adventure Cards:
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Currently playing in: Tomorrow Legion: 12th AAT - The Dirty Dozen
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Everett sighs, reaches behind him and takes Balitrox into his meat hands. Then he slams the axe into the middle of the table, where it glows blood red in the presence of so many magic users.

Everett eyes each one of his allies and says in a quiet voice, "Im hungry. Balitrox is hungry. One of us is going to get a meal, and I swear to God, if its not me then I'll just let Balitrox have his fill."

"No more ice, stop throwing perfectly good food, and for the love of all that is holy sit down and act like civilized people long enough for me to eat my meal. Look at it! I have at most half down to maybe a sixth or eighth of what any of you have. And I still don't have enough time to eat my meal with all of this ruckus going on!" Everett sighs and starts crunching on his frosty meal with his MDC enhanced teeth.
  • Size +2
Edit Signature

Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Xero sat there shaking his head. Had he lost control of his powers? What was everyone at the table talking about frozen food? Certainly he had better control and manners than to freeze everything in the cafeteria. Did he dare to look up and see if he had really lost control? Wouldn't that mean that everything including people would have been iced over? Oh hell no. Xero distinctly remember hearing someone complain at the table. Is casting illusions now?
Xero X Kelvin wrote:Xero lifts his tray off the table as a column of ice fills the space between the table and the tray. Waving to the tray, "Collecting the trays as well?"

Bored and ready to get moving, Xero sits on the table looking to the serving lines. Not moving he watches with a satisfied smile as laddles and serving utensils get dropped for being freezing cold. Foods seem to ice over or solidify. Trays don't move across their tracks.

When a look from the kitchen staff sweeps the mess hall, Xero quickly sits down, "I think serving hours are done. Seems everything is being served on ice." Xero laughs at his own joke and takes a seat on the floor.
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Heather sighed. She floated the collected trays over to the accumulator and looked at her team.

“We can’t do this if we do not get along,” she told them. “Everett, no weapons at the table. Get that grimy axe where it belongs. Xero, we don’t need everyone at the Castle hating us, so stop freezing everything. If you want to play pranks, fine, but don’t be malicious. And if my underwear ends up frozen, I will turn your brain inside out,” she warned. “Now if we’re all done here, I am going to fill my thermos with some herbal tea and I will meet you at the Mountaineer.”

Heather got up, gave them all a look, and went to the beverage station. Why am I playing mother? They’re adults! They’re squabbling like Kenny and Mary Ellen! Is it going to be like this the entire mission? Lord help me!
Character Tracker
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card
Gill

Post by Gill »

Agreeing with Heather Gill also grabbed up his stuff to go. So many personalities to contend with. "A house divided cannot stand. But a braid of three is stronger than three alone."

He really hoped everyone would get a long. Some pranks can be funny, some hurtful. He generally did not know the line between the two.
Gill Chaos Master

Gill's Resources

Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000

Curatrix' Resources
  • +2 Quarter Begins

Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Xero focuses from where he is sitting and a less cool breeze blows its way towards the serving lines. "Momentary freeze is all. Nothing permanent."

Given the signal to 'GO', Xero is out of the cafeteria/mess hall. I need some air.
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Dominic Skodati

Post by Dominic Skodati »

Where: Chi-Town 'Burbs
When: 109 P.A.

The ‘Burbs, a cesspool of misery and false hope right outside of the gleaming city of Chi-Town. Every now and again the Coalition rounded everybody up and levelled the place to the ground but in a few weeks it just spreads out again like a cancer. Some come here for hope of citizenship, some cause it's better than dying in the hinterlands, but me I keep coming back for the money. As long as Uncle Karl keeps hunting d-bees and deviants there’s someone willing and able to get them out of town. Someone like me.

Flicking my cigarette into the gutter, causing some crawly creatures to scurry in every direction, I pulled up the collar on my overcoat, concealed my NG-33 pistol with a little fast magic, and pushed through the doors of The Fury - a ramshackle dive in Firetown that claimed to serve fury beetle meat. Tasted like chicken to me.

My ears were assaulted by alien percussion as some four armed drummer banged out tribal beats on an instrument made of beetle shell. Taking a seat at the bar I waved off the gal with the food menu. Taste aside, the real fury was what happened when that stuff came out of you. Instead I ordered a whiskey and lit another smoke. Not sure which burned worse.

Three smokes and two drinks later my client sat next to me at the bar. She wasn’t human but had feminine features that were unmistakable. An otherworldly beauty that johns paid extra for over in Old Town. By the look of her, it was worth the price.

I offered her a smoke and she shook her head in disgust. Nobody’s perfect. Instead she got right to business. They paid extra for that in Old Town too.

“Dom?” She asked quietly. I just shrugged and fished out another cigarette while she went on, “My friends tell me you can get exotic packages out of town unseen.”

I gave nod, “For enough credits I can smuggle a rhino buffalo out of Joey Prosek’s bedroom. What’s the package?”

“Me,” she said in a low voice that had a pillow talk quality to it as she slid a cred stick across the bar. I grunted and pocketed the stick while giving her a long look up and down, “Something tells me I’d have an easier time with the Rhino Buffalo.”
Alex

Post by Alex »

Where: Chi-town Burbs
When: 109 PA

Dad used to take me to the burbs when I was little for some fun. Silver bluff was a small speck compared to Chi-town. This one time we were hanging out at the The Fury. Perhaps one of the most exciting bars and the only one to serve fury beetle meat! Oh but that wasn’t even the best part... The best part was this woman... Oh man just out this world, burn me! It was so burn that she did not smoke. I found a one of those cigarettes in a gutter on my last trip, smelt like puke and burnt tar. Last trip... Some jerk was hogging all HER time, she did not even tussle my hair like she normaly did and call me kiddo... The two were just talking about smuggling meat. I wonder if she still runs that joint?
Alex Stat Block
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Alex Armor
    • „
      „„
      „„
Dominic Skodati

Post by Dominic Skodati »

Where: Chi-Town 'Burbs
When: 109 P.A.
After The Fury I stashed the girl at a flophouse in Firetown. Made her pay, which apparently isn’t very noble where she comes from. Told her it’s just good business where I come from. Putting her on ice for a while gave me the chance to check out her story.

Her name was Marta, said she was wanted by the ISS for sedition. That usually meant the crime of teaching people to read and write. Punishable by death. Seems a bit extreme, but Uncle Karl thinks you can keep the sheep more docile if their only source of information is State sponsored news and Joey Prosek’s Propaganda Machine. He had a point. A point I didn’t want poking me in the eye by getting involved.

First order of business was to see the price on her head. If she was wanted there would be a bounty and how big it was would tell me how hot the ISS were to find her. Of course, if it was higher than what she was paying me I’d have to consider turning her in or squeezing her for a few more credits. Fortunately for Marta, collecting bounties from the Deadheads is hard when there’s an open warrant for you in the system. The whole Tolkeen fiasco just keeps biting me in the ass. And there is the small issue that they hate magic even more than literacy, making me someone they would shoot on sight.

That meant I couldn't just walk into the precinct and look at the wanted posters. Doing an electronic search would require a citizenship ID number. Fortunately, I knew where I could get one of those without taking the CS values test. If I could handle the smell.

MicroMart was an electronics shop in a ramshackle shopping plaza close to where Firetown and Old Town came together. The plaza had a couple of food shops, a sports bar, and a free medical clinic run by some do folders in the Chi-Town People’s Auxiliary. Of course, that meant humans only. Non-human, non-service.

The inside of MicroMart looked like the Ruins of Old Chicago. Junk, mostly electronic parts, we're strewn everywhere and piled in massive heaps. But, it was the smell that got you. The deep putrid body odor that made you throw up in your mouth a little bit. The unmistakable scent of Butter trolls. And this particular troll smelled worse than most of them. Most people called him Larry, cause no one can pronounce his real name and he’s too lazy to put up a fuss. Larry was only five and a half feet tall but weight over two hundred and thirty pounds. He dripped thick, yellow, viscous sweat whenever he exerted himself. Which for a slob like Larry was any time he had to walk across the room. Fat lout didn’t even look up when I walked in.

I picked up an old circuit board off the counter and tossed it at Larry’s back, causing him to jump in fright, fall on his butt and break out into a vicious sweat. Dumb idea on my part. “Larry, get off you ass,” I said ignoring the fact I’m the one who put him there. “I need your help.

Butter trolls maybe no good, lazy, sweaty, smelly, wastes of sentience but damn they were good with anything electronic. Fix it, build it, hack it, you name it they could do. If you could get them to care enough. For Larry, credits usually did the trick.

“Emperor’s balls, Dom!” the rotund troll cursed, his beady eyes finally recognizing who I was. He sniffed indignantly with his pig like snout and got up off the ground. His oily sweat pooling on the ground as he worked to lift his massive frame off the floor. Disgusting thing gave d-bees a bad wrap.

I gave him a run down of what I was looking for and he grinned at me, flashing his rotting yellow teeth. Just when I thought he couldn’t get any uglier. “For that, we need to go to me lair.”

“I’m not going down there,” I replied. Larry’s Lair was where he did his real work, MicroMart was just a front. The lair was full of state of the art computers, connected into all kinds of networks and dark sites. I didn’t understand how it all worked, and didn’t care as long as Larry was around. Problem was it was a hot, tiny, space where Larry spent all his days sweating. Going down there was out of the question.

The fat bastard just grunted, amused with himself, as he opened a panel in the wall revealing a large pipe that angled downward. You had to slide down to the place like some sort of troll child. “Come on Dom, it’s fun. Besides I got a new quantum processor hooked up. Got it off a guy who got it off from a Northern Gun lab. I’ll go down first, it’ll grease up the slide for you.” I didn’t care about Dom’s processor. I didn’t really care about Marta. But I sure as hell cared about getting paid. Pumping magical energy into my coat I used it to create a complete environmental seal around my body. Then I slid down to Larry’s Lair. His greasy residue getting all over my coat.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Where: Chi-Town Burbs
When: 109PA

The Micromart in Chi-Town was my playland. My dad might be a drunk but he knew how to show me he loved me. He sent me in there with a few hundred creds and told me to get as much wonderous electronics I could manage. What do get first, burn me those were some good times. I remember this one time though this sort of rude guy came in and tossed a circuit board at this helpful Troll named Lary with a curcuit board. When Larry told him about a cool quantum processor you could just tell this guy was all about the money. First time really that I learned just how important greed was.
The small white haird kid sticks up for Larry yelling across the aisle ( the kid’s hands are full of small electronic peices), ”Hey mister whats with tossing a good board arround like that? Larry might be round but you can just say please most of the time.”
Alex Stat Block
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Alex Armor
    • „
      „„
      „„

Return to “12 AAT Adventure Forum”