Welcome to Witchwell (13th, VK, and LoB)

Crossover thread.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Welcome to Witchwell (13th, VK, and LoB)

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Future Crossover RP area!
Attachments
40CAED54-2000-4BFA-A5C5-0D6086AF4B68.jpeg
226442C1-0307-4CAF-8E8F-F80AC65F7FC8.jpeg
C205D9B1-34B6-4C65-84F0-64BC1747EA9D.jpeg
78081A75-3818-438D-9F49-25C11A496323.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Welcome to Witchwell (13th, VK, and LoB)-RP AREA

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

”Welcome to the Witchwell Inn.” are the words you hear from the lovely Jesse, the red haired purvayor of the estabilishment. She has a quick smile and a tasteful red dress. Besides greeting folks such as your self she seemingly always has a tray of drinks and awesome smelling concoctions held high over held with great skill. Here brown eyes twinkle in the in door lights. The entrance seems one and yet at least three. A set of triple doors make up the entrance. If you entered from the Drwarven Mountains in Shintair you came in from the middle. If you entered from the area just north of Whykin you entered from the left door. If you entered from the mountain of Zacatacus commoningly known as Vampire Mountain you came in from the right hand door.

The inside is a cross polination of fantasy and future. Gaming tables with holographic displays are being played by dwarves in archaic chain mail and beards that droop to the floor. Dancers walk atop futureistic small stages. Wooden takards of foaming ale are being chugged by humans and D-bees with an assorted of cybernetic accessories. A few cyberknights are talking to a white haired wizard complete with a pointed hat. The bar area itself is heavily inundated with medival clothed and armored drawrves who seem to be awash with soot and black dust. Several seem to have pick axes and hard metalic mining helmets.

The bar is a dark wood with metal inlays. The most interesting mirror hangs on the back of the bar reflecting the patron visages back at them that spans the length of the large bar top. The words, Reflect the Mightiest of Actions, are scrawled a top the mirror. Anyone who can sense or smell magic can feel one of the most powerful protective enchantments they have ever felt coming from that mirror. Its almost as if any attack action would be reflected back against the aggressor!

There are several tables situated in a U shape, most are occupied by 4-armed hulking human like idividuals called Rahu-men. They are bare chested and wear only leather kilts and sandels. They carry no apparent weapons. The tables are a wooden, heavy and red oak. They boarder a rather large dance floor. Rounding out the features of the inn is a black wooden stair case that heads upstairs to several overnight rooms. People are coming and going down or up the stair case would indicate that at least 12 rooms or more are occupied up there.

As you each enter the respective door glows briefly with either Zacatecus, Whykin, or Hispain ( Shintair) etched in a black stone above the entry way. Jesse manages a friendly smile and her afore mentioned welcome. She also follows it with a rather pleasent laugh and a quick question or two, ” What brings you to Witchwell? Luck, fame, fortune, general heroics, or are you lost?”

When Directed by the GM, post your grand etrance and reaction to such an interesting inn. This is a RP only area. +1 benny for posting here.
Attachments
599C7356-5DAC-4726-B1AA-D3C6EAED0BA1.jpeg
18CCA465-55B1-4F88-8355-F6264F681C49.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Welcome to Witchwell (13th, VK, and LoB)

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Zacatecas, Mexico/Witchwell Inn
Night
Round 0

Ashlyn walked into the Witchwell Inn and looked around with obvious surprise, warmth and light enveloping her from the dark and cold outside and the weariness of fighting vampires and Old Ones.

“Welcome to the Witchwell Inn,” said a red-haired beauty in an old-style dress carrying a tray of drinks as she passed.

“Ehm, gracias, Ashlyn replied. The place was a strange mix of fantasy and future, with dwarves and wizards mixing with cyber-knights and Rahu-men. Ashlyn’s eyes were immediately drawn to the large mirror over the bar. It had a strong protective enchantment to prevent violence in the establishment.

“What brings you to Witchwell? Luck, fame, fortune, general heroics, or are you lost?” the redhead asked as she passed by again.

“Ehm, bit of all?” Ashlyn said. Certainly some luck and fortune, after that fight with Xy. And her rangers might argue for heroics and fame, though Ashlyn was uncomfortable with such talk, and she definitely felt lost.

“Can I get you anything, love?”

Ashlyn blinked, startled. “Tequila,” she said. Then she shook her head. “No. Mojito,” she ordered, finally starting to relax a bit. “And rooms for night. Can get bath here?” Oh, she would love a soak in a tub! With some bubbles.

Conditions
Ashlyn Alvarez Character Sheet
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee: 18 (9)/Range: 22 (13) + 2 vs supernatural evil
Encumbered: -2 to Str and Agi related rolls
Wild Die always a d8
Whenever you cast a spell with a Raise, reduce the PPE cost by 1 (min 0)
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
Dodge: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
Champion: +2 damage and Toughness vs. supernatural evil
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound penalties
All Thumbs: When roll a 1 on Trait die while using tech, the device breaks.
Brave: +2 Fear tests
PPE: 4/20
ISP: 20/20
Shield: 10/10 PPE
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 15 rangers; 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Bennies: 9/3
Adventure Cards
  • Speedy Gonzalez: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.
Character Tracker
Champion (+2 Damage, +2 Toughness)
Remember Blanca (WC; d8 all attributes, Strength d12+4)
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
PPE: 15/25
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
ISP: 18/25
  • Telekinesis, Mind Reading, Puppet
Shield: 7/10 PPE
  • Deflection
Wand: 7/10 PPE
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Bennies: 0/4
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

As if by some feat of magic the whimsical propieter rangles a mojito stronger than most into Ashlyn’s hand. ” My name is Jesse it is a pleasure to meet you. A bit of all? We don’t get that much. You got the look of a hero if I had to guess, we don;t get much of those either.” Jesse eyes the doorway Ashlyn walked through, ”Zacatecus eh? Normally we just get some of those 4-armed giants over there, maybe Zacatecus himself... And the Doc...” She touches her blushing face lightly when she mentions Doc. ” Oh a bath... No... Bath’s I am afraid Love, but we do have private Sauna’s, or even group ones if you fancy an 8 person howdaw. Trust me, more relaxing and a hundred times better than a bath. Dath does something to the water than makes it oh so relaxing. Rooms... Sure we can accomidate. Free of charge for someone like yourself of course.” She produces a key, and a token that says Benny. ” Just in case you need some luck, and look like you got top bunk in room 1A... Sauna is to the right up the stairs.”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Night
Round 0

Ashlyn sipped her mojito and her eyes widened a bit. Strong! She liked it. She looked a bit sad at the mention of the Doc, but she didn’t say anything to the woman.

“Zacatecas comes here?” Ashlyn asked with a frown. “Often?” That...might not be good.

Gracias, Ashlyn told Jesse as she took the key. A sauna did sound wonderful after the mountain cold outside. It sounded like she would be sharing a room, however. She looked curiously at the small token, though, holding it up to the light. “What is benny? For luck?” she mused, but then tucked it into her armor. “I will order something to eat after my sauna.”

With that, Ashlyn headed for the stairs and her bunk to deposit her gear.
Character Tracker
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Libertas Magicum »

A young man with curly red hair enters, wearing a Triax Mechanic suit, carrying a staff (brass, inlaid with circuitry patterns and topped with a glowing purple-green crystal, with copper wires dangling from the mounting for the crystal) with his monkey-like tail, and squinting badly as he peers around the room. His eyes have a literal imprint around them, like he was wearing goggles that got smashed at some point. Behind him, a quartet of elegant clockwork automatons carry a pair of stacked metal crates with a standard-issue NG-S2 on top.

He has to make an effort to determine who is speaking when Jesse approaches, but when he finally locks in on her he smiles at her--though he seems to be having trouble tracking her properly whenever she moves, as his head turns before she actually gets to where she's going.

"Ah, thank you for the welcome. My C.O., Cantrell, will fill you in on our SET's needs, but I am going to need a secure room with some privacy, if that's possible." As if remembering some semblence of manners, he shakes his head. "Sorry, Libertas Magicorum, with the 13th SET of the Tomorrow Legion."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell enters the common room of the Witchwell Inn just behind Libertas.

Catching the eye of the red-headed hostess, she has just one request: "Bath?"

Smiling knowingly, Jesse summons a porter to deposit Cantrell's gear in a room upstairs before guiding her up a separate set of stairs from which float fragrant wisps of steam.

"No baths, exactly, but the sauna will scratch the same itch -- even better!" the redhead says.

The spa is everything Cantrell had dreamed of and more. An Altaran attendant helps her remove her armor and offers a massage later ... then Cantrell is whisked off to the sauna wrapped in an inch-thick towel, rose petals floating a bowl of steaming water nearby.

She can't contain a groan of relief as she leans back on the slick bench, muscles unclenching for the first time in days.

"I don't care if I drown or wrinkle up like a prune, I'm not getting out of this thing for at least three days," says the woman sitting next to her.

Cantrell summons the energy to turn her head and look at her neighbor, a tanned woman with a jagged scar running down her cheek and across her jaw. The woman smiles and lifts a hand out of the water in a lazy wave.

"Name's Audrey. Been stuck down in the Lone Star and Pecos wastelands covered in dirt and vampire blood for too long. Was started to smell bad enough the bloodsuckers wouldn't even want a bite."

Cantrell laughs. "I know the feeling. I think I took a swim in a dragon's guts at one point. Honestly, it's all kind of a blur."

"Ain't that the truth," Audrey says. "I'm not exactly sure how we ended up here, and I'm sure it won't last half as long as I want it to, but I'll take what I can get."

A figure looms in the stone archway, a warrior in travel-stained armor, boots dripping icy mud onto the floor.

His arms are piled high with more of the fantastically fluffy towels, but something in his movements is familiar. When he turns, Cantrell spots the hellish mask hanging from his belt and recognizes him as the demon-faced fighter who helped vanquish the water warriors outside Whykin.

Audrey sighs. "Guess I must have hit my limit faster than I hoped," she says, as she levers herself off the bench, rivulets of water running off her tanned skin, naked except for an elaborate brace supporting one leg.

"I was going to try to get him into one of these, too, but I may have to settle for hosing him off in the stable. But at least he follows directions," she says, taking a towel and wrapping it around herself as the dark warrior glowers, averting his gaze.

"It was good to meet you ..." Audrey says.

"Cantrell. With the Tomorrow Legion's 13th," Cantrell replies. "Good meeting you, as well. Hope you get a chance for another steam before you go."

Audrey laughs. "We'll see. I'm gonna at least insist on a bottle of wine and a bed. And this one promised me a massage out in the desert that I aim to collect on."

Leading the blushing warrior away, she leaves Cantrell to her thoughts, which shift and fade like the steam rising around her.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Penitent stalked through the halls of the Witchwell Inn, face like a stormcloud. A bottle of wine had been easy enough to procure, as had the stack of quilted towels. He'd thought that those efforts were worthy of at least a little recognition, but Audrey had soon set him additional tasks. Ordering a dinner from the kitches and gathering candles. The list finally complete he had returned to the room only for her to refuse him entrance until he had, as she described it, "burned his clothes and scoured the stench from his skin."

Karl, who was slurping stew and downing a pitcher of ale while fielding calls on celestial cell phone, was less than sympathetic.

"You do smell kind of like a half-dead gorga-demon, Papa," he said. "Good for blending in with prey, bad for getting cozy with the ladies."

Stroking the half dozen wispy chin hairs he had begun cultivating, Karl pulled a black bottle from his bag and tossed it to Penitent.

"Battle-AXE in a bottle. Use lots -- makes you irresistible to the ladies, according to QQ magazine."

Perhaps it was a mistake allowing things with Audrey to progress beyond the traditional armorer-customer relationship. Still, she normally more pragmatic than this ... and her other qualities certainly had factored into the decision.

"Where can I find a barrel of water?" Penitent demands, startling a serving boy so badly he trips and runs his head into the wall. Dazed, the boy points hastily toward door leading to a wine cellar, where several barrels of ice melt are kept to chill wine before serving.

Stripping off, Penitent plunges his head into the icy liquid before scrubbing himself off with handtowel that's as rough as sandpaper. Soot, dirt and worse sluices off into puddles on the floor. Suitably cleansed, he spritzes on a choking cloud of the Battle-AXE spray, then wraps himself in a cotton robe thick as a mammoth's coat.

As he turns to leave, the red-headed hostess, Jesse, walks into the room, on the way to retrieving a bottle of wine for a new arrival. Her jaw drops in horror at the mess.

"You have a launderer on staff?" Penitent says, the question sounding more like a statement than a request as he drops a pile of bloodstained clothing in her arms.

She seemed bewildered, he thinks as he heads back toward the room he was sharing with Audrey. Perhaps I should not have used so much of the Battle-AXE elixir.
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Bennies: 0/3 +1 Red Benny (1d10 for EE or 1d10 Wild Die on a reroll)
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Notice d8, Intimidation d8+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
PPE: 4/20 + 10/10 (demon mask) + 10/10 (Karl - ?)
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Vela carefully enters the Inn and looks around. Her normally somewhat shaggy hair is almost immediately waterlogged as the snow and ice in it melts. In most places she'd be an odd figure...a mocha-skinned young woman with peculiar gold-hued eyes dressed in mismatched patchwork armor, with trinkets and strange accessories like a golden mask, dangling from leather thongs tied around her neck and arms.

In this inn though, she's rather pedestrian!

For a moment she stands stock-still, eyes flicking around, taking the measure of the Witchwell. There's so much activity, so many possible threats, it's hard to figure out where to look. A greeting rings out from her left and she looks that way, unconsciously snarling a little.

Jesse just smiles at her sunnily though. “What brings you to Witchwell? Luck, fame, fortune, general heroics, or are you lost?”

Vela forces her instincts to behave and replies, "I am looking for someone. A woman calling herself the Confessor." She sniffed then, and immediately her mouth watered. "And...food. And water that's not cold."

From behind she could hear the door opening again, and added, "And the same for these with me."
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Welcome to Witchwell (13th, VK, and LoB)-RP AREA

Post by Grynn »

Grynn, in his guise of Hispanic human form, exited the right-hand door, though he didn't realize that until later. He stopped dead for a moment, looking in surprise and wonderment at the wide variety. Sounds, smells, atmosphere, colors, shapes. There were so many things to see! There were many different beings of various shapes and sizes - these he took special note of for new things to shapeshift in to at a later time!

He closed the door behind him and blinked in surprise. Three doors. He took careful note of which one he had come from. He turned to Jesse and smiled after taking off his armor's helmet. "Hola, senorita! You, and your inn, are a welcome sight! I thought for sure I would freeze to death! I am called Grynn." He hesitated for only a second before jerking a thumb at the door he had exited. "Very impressive. Mucho magic. Ah. Do...the doors change their end destination? Or will I choose this same door again if I want to go back the way I came?"

After that, he smiled at her. "I would like to purchase a drink and a room if possible?" He spotted several of his teammates and waved to them. "Ah, several of my friends are already here! Excellent!" He leaned in and spoke more quietly when Vela asked about the Confessor, giving a description of the woman they were looking for in case she didn't use the name 'The Confessor'.
Grynn
Character Summary
Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Special: Cursed with Awesome (You can reroll a 1 on the wild die - unless it is a crit fail. Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll); Fear (in dragon form); Flight 12 (in dragon form); Impervious to Fire; Infravision; Size +6 (in dragon form); Slow Regeneration; Spirit rolls (+2)
Active effects:
Parry: 5 ; Toughness (Dragon form): 34(16); Toughness (Human form): 17(8)
Weapons: Claws/Bite, Fire Breath, Powers, Tail Lash
Edges: AB Magic, AB Psionic, Attractive, Metamorphosis, Power Surge

Charisma: 0 (+2 with Dragons)
Bennies: 3 from Blaze of Glory

ISP: 15/15
PPE: 20/30
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Invisibility, Light/Obscure, Slumber, Smite

Wounds:
Fatigue::

Currently playing in: Vampire Kingdoms
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Witchwell Inn
Afternoon
Round 0

Jude stopped short when he entered the inn and looked around. “Okay, this is...new,” he commented. It seemed like a fantasy tavern, but there were definitely space marines playing dice over there with dwarves in chainmail. Oh, and those dancing girls!

Then Jude’s attention was captured by the lovely redhead asking him if she could get him anything. He flashed Jesse a smile.

“A good bed, a warm bath, and a hot meal,” he said. “And maybe a pretty companion. When do you get off?” he asked her warmly.

“Jude?”

Jude blinked and turned around to see a gorgeous, raven-haired Hispanic beauty. “Ashlyn?” he said with surprise.

And then she slapped him.

Jude winced. “Okay, probably deserved that,” he said. “It’s good to see you again though.”

Ashlyn smiled and gave him a hug. “You too, mijo, she said. “I need go. Looking for someone. But we catch later, sí.

“Of course,” Jude said with a smile.

He turned back to find Jesse had brought him a drink, so he thanked her. Then he wandered the crowd. He spotted another Hispanic woman, this one with short hair, and approached.

“Interesting place, isn’t this?” Jude asked the woman. “I’m Jude Maverick, with the Tomorrow Legion. Commander, actually, but I don’t hold much on ceremony.” He held his hand out to her. “Can I buy you a drink?”

(tags Vela)
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Jesse greets every hero with aspicious smile and tries to accomidate their requests.

Ashlyn
She gives the mystic a wink, ” Oh yes the big sweaty brute comes quite a bit. He even made me put in that dance floor.”
Libertas
Jesse nods and gives him a coin, ”Here, take a benny and the only room we have is 1A, capable of sleeping 16 heroes if need be. That mystic there is already headimg up and possibly to the sauna...” Her voice trails off when the young TW mentions his name. She siddles close and whispers charmingly. ” Libertas huh? I have been holding a room for you, paid in full for the next month. Its right accross from 1A. 1G.”. Jesse somehow could tell Libertas was the curious sort and giggled, ”Paid for in full by Geist... Strange name, and a super scary woman. Made me glad this place is enchanted.” She gestures to the sign above the bar and hands Libertas the key to 1G.
Cantrell
Jesse motions to a young silver haired porter of seemingly human decent mixed with eyes that seemed to be a blazing sunset, Jesse intorduces the two, ” Cantrell eh? Your man, Zee Hail purchased wnough raw materials to repair a TK flyer. This is Dath, he can take your things up to 1A. Unfortunately all the private rooms are paid for. Looks like bottom bunk for you.” She hands cantrel a key and a coin, ” Just a benny for luck I suppose. We have an excellent sauna. Its steam is far more relaxing than a simple bath. Plus you might meet someone interesting there.”
Penitant
Jesse gets a look at the demon killing machine askimg for a room. Her eyes are wide with fear and she mutters a wormwoodiqn curse under her breath. She yells accross the room at a pair of dwarves, Stonehammer and Sheildgaurd your room has expired!” The two dwarves start to protest but daggers from the propietor’s beautiful eyes silience them. She tries to console the two dwarves, ” Look, next week I will hold all the rooms for the Gruberdorian clan free of charge.” She looks up at Penitant, ” Yeah yeah, food and a room. Candles sure and a vat of water. Dath! A silver haired porter appears, Jesse addresses him sternly, Dath, make sure this Apok gets everything he needs. We do not need another incident.” She looks behind Penitent at a more or less new wall portion above it is a scratched out name plate that reads Crystal Claw. Dath snaps too and gets Penitent everything. At some point a coin is flipped to Pen but by whom he is uncertain. Karl though just laughs snapping a selfie with some hot elves.
Vela
Jesse smiles at Vela and responds in the langue of the people. ”Food yes... Something hot to drink quite. There is an empty table oer there. Your friends can join you. I will have food and hot tea brought out. Are any of your company vegetarians? Oh and I beleie this is for you. You meet the required description.” Jesse pulls out a coin and a neatly wrapped box. ”For you... A coin for luck and a package. If you need a place to sleep room 1A and the sauna seems to be getting some action tonight.”. Commissioned armor inside.
Grynn
Jesse bows with mighty reverence and says in perfect draconic, ”You honor me with your magnificence. I wish I had a room to accomidate you. But room 1A is all I have, second bunk. Food will be plentiful and I will have the server bring you ale that your forbeares would have drunk.” She hands Grynn a coin, gently placing it in hands, ”For luck a benny from the most humblest of inns.”
Jude
Jesse laughs at his approach, ” Oh Jude such a playboy aren’t you. I would be offended if I did not get to sleep with you at least twice.”. Jesse’s eyes grow sad for a moment, ” But sadly I do not get off in time for that to happen this time. The dinning area and bar is full of women. Alas I only have the common room available for you to sleep. Upstairs room 1A bottom of the second bunk.” She hands him a coin with a small amount of hesitation, ” A benny for luck.”
Vampire Kingdom
Some who inquire about the confessor learn from Jesse that she was here and spoke at legnth with several people as if looking for someone. She spend much of her time conversing with a Chrom CS borg who goes by the name Commander Kurling. However the confessor nor the CS borg are immidiately visible.
Room 1A is a large room with 8 bunk beds and a writing desk in the middle. A fire place is in the corner where Four small human like individuals sit and talk in furtive whispers. They are child sized with over large feet and non where armor but instead plain common tunics and pants A keen observor hears that one of them goes by the name Underhill.

The Sauna is the kind that could fit 8 grackles. A wooden marvel with hot stones that steam the water that is dripped upon them. It is attended by an altara who siliently sees all and sees none. She ancicipates every need with supernatural grace and beauty. The water is warm and relaxing beyond compare especially to those who have been out in the feild for some time.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Geist?! What on Earth-- Lib's tail flicked in an agitated manner, possibly removing a piece of silverware or two from the nearest table. Hush. Once we're settled in. You can't mean to-- Hush, I said... Please.

Aloud, he simply smiles at Jesse, taking the coin. "Thank you. I'd appreciate it if you kept my, uh, sponsor's name to yourself, for now. It's, ah, a delicate situation. 1G, right?" He thinks for a moment. "I would like some food to take up to my room--I expect to be in seclusion through much of the day tomorrow, as well, so something I can eat cold would be appreciated. Pizza, if you have it. Lunchmeats could work, as well."

With that settled, he heads upstairs with his entourage, and gets to work.

First things first... I'm tired of bumping into walls. It's a relatively quick process to fashion a new pair of goggles. He has the damaged remains of the modded set he got from Mickey Danger, but that will have to wait--he's on the clock right now, and TW repairs can take a bit to get done.

Once he can actually see again, he engages in a brief debate with his tail-stowaway.

You aren't seriously going to stay here, are you? You realize that Geist almost certainly has some means of monitoring you.

Yes, yes I do realize that. But I also realize that I'm not going to be able to do this in the common room, at least not without that oaf Zee Hail deciding partway through to pass judgement on me.

Then maybe you should reconsider this plan. The risks, both during and after--

--are mine to take. Don't worry, I know the odds, we should be fine. I know you're worried, but this is happening; your concern will best be met by making sure I get it right.

Stubborn and intractable. Just like your--

Enough! You do not want to go there with me, Lady V.

A mental sigh. You're right, of course. I apologize. Very well, down the rabbit hole. I would suggest at least blockading the door.

Deciding the suggestion has merit, Libertas first uses the locks, then has his clockwork soldiers, re-summoned, heft the biggest piece of furniture in the room to blockade the door, and the tallest to blockade any window (after drawing whatever blinds or shutters might exist).

After dismissing the clockworks, he then taps the Ley Line over the building until his reserves are completely maxed out. Then he fashions device to keep from getting exhausted during what will doubtless be an all-nighter. Now, to work....
OOC Comments
Succor Device [dice:33klqjg7]43079:1[/dice:33klqjg7]
Wild TW [dice:33klqjg7]43079:2[/dice:33klqjg7] ACE Running Total [dice:33klqjg7]43079:5[/dice:33klqjg7]
Raise: 17 PPE in Succor Device--Midnight Oil Lantern. Trapping for Succor/Greater Succor--only affects Fatigue from lack of sleep, but may be activated during the time the fatigue is being earned (by staying awake) to fend it off. Does not diminish the penalty to the resistance roll once no longer in use.

Activate Succor Device [dice:33klqjg7]43079:7[/dice:33klqjg7]
Wild TW [dice:33klqjg7]43079:8[/dice:33klqjg7]

Time Required, First Job: [dice:33klqjg7]43079:0[/dice:33klqjg7]
4 hours to cast
Modifiers: Staff +1, Edges +2, Machine Maestro +2, Time Since Death less than a day -4, total +1
Resurrection [dice:33klqjg7]43079:3[/dice:33klqjg7] GAH! Should be 13 total, but then Ace Running Total [dice:33klqjg7]43079:6[/dice:33klqjg7]
Wild TW [dice:33klqjg7]43079:4[/dice:33klqjg7]
Multiple Raises! She Lives!

Time Required, Second Job: [dice:33klqjg7]43079:9[/dice:33klqjg7]
Same Modifiers
Resurrection [dice:33klqjg7]43079:10[/dice:33klqjg7]
Wild TW [dice:33klqjg7]43079:11[/dice:33klqjg7]
Also a Raise! He Lives!

Second use of Succor device:
Succor [dice:33klqjg7]43079:12[/dice:33klqjg7]
Wild TW [dice:33klqjg7]43079:13[/dice:33klqjg7]

Now to remove the Permanent Injuries
Time Required for First Kid: [dice:33klqjg7]43079:14[/dice:33klqjg7]
Greater Healing [dice:33klqjg7]43079:15[/dice:33klqjg7]
Wild TW [dice:33klqjg7]43079:16[/dice:33klqjg7]
Raise! Injury Removed from the girl.

Time required for Second Kid: [dice:33klqjg7]43079:17[/dice:33klqjg7]
Greater Healing [dice:33klqjg7]43079:18[/dice:33klqjg7]
Wild TW [dice:33klqjg7]43079:19[/dice:33klqjg7]
Success... Injury Removed from the boy.

Finally--two last rolls w/ Greater Healing to restore them from Incapacitated.
Greater Healing Girl [dice:33klqjg7]43079:20[/dice:33klqjg7]
Wild TW [dice:33klqjg7]43079:21[/dice:33klqjg7]
Raise!

Greater Healing Boy [dice:33klqjg7]43079:22[/dice:33klqjg7]
Wild TW [dice:33klqjg7]43079:23[/dice:33klqjg7]
Raise!

After a grand total of 17 hours (1 hour extra added in to account for interim Ley Line Tapping, as well as the succor and final Greater Healings, and general taking a moment between big castings), and... good lord, 120 PPE drawn from the Line over time, AND 2 more tapped from his Midnight Oil Lantern, both children are completely resurrected and healthy. However, they both have 6 Strain from the various nano-tech infusions their bodies have absorbed, meaning they are probably both Exhausted (children likely have a d4 Spirit or Vigor or both, after all). Strain will drop by one point per day for three days (so Fatigued tomorrow, and no penalty thereafter), then another point after another week, and finally the last point will take a full month to go away.
Lib works solidly through the night, and until about noon the next day. The first part, of course, is the most difficult and dangerous. He opens the first box, then connects the wires of the staff to the... remains of the young girl from the hangar at Big Mickey's place. Massive flows of PPE pass through Lib's frame, then into the staff, before ultimately empowering a flood of nanotech machines that pour into the girl's body, restoring her flesh and bone. Even as this happens, magical principles of resonance are brought into play, restoring her mind as completely as her body.

Then the process is repeated with the boy, again creating a striking human-machine hybrid that looks more like a work of art than a piece of machinery.

Both bodies are less than perfect, though, and Libertas is not one to leave a job half-done. First, he restores the imperfections, and then undoes the last remaining damages to the bodies, all the while drawing on the power of the Midnight Oil Lamp to keep fatigue at bay.
What to say to the recently reincarnated
"Okay, kids, I know this is a big shock, but the important thing is, you're both going to be okay. The metallic sheen will wear off in a little over a month, don't worry. What are your names?"
Finally, shortly after noon, he emerges, with a pair of red-headed moppets in tow. The kids (just barely pre-teen, by the look of them) have clearly been through some sort of ordeal. Much of their flesh has been replaced by a metallic material--this isn't the crude, mechanical appearance of most cybernetics, however--rather, it looks like where flesh and skin and hair leave off, metal sculpture has taken over, albeit with a distinctly... fluid appearance, in that it is as flexible as skin and hair would be. The kids are both wearing an adult's shirt, and, apparently, boxer shorts--first pulled tight in the elastic in the back, and then held up with a belt. The kids look shell-shocked, or maybe just exhausted.

Arriving in the main hall, he motions Jesse over. "Hi. This is Dierdre and Diarmuid. We need food, and I'd greatly appreciate it if we could dig up some more suitable clothing for them both." He tilts his head, blinking for a moment as his tail flickers past his left ear. "Oh, and if someone could be sent to wherever my C.O. is staying, asking her to come down to talk, at her leisure, I'd appreciate it."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Night
Round 0

Buenas noches,” Ashlyn greeted the small occupants of her room. Looked like she would be sharing. She stowed her gear and muttered some arcane words over it, as if warding it from any attempt at theft. Then she drew out a change of clothes and peeled off her armor. Jesse even offered to have it cleaned, which Ashlyn gratefully accepted.

On her way down to the sauna, Ashlyn thought she saw a familiar man. “Jude?”

He turned around. “Ashlyn?”

He was just as handsome as the last time she saw him. She blushed, remembering his touch, his kisses, in the loft of the barn in New Alamo years ago. And then he’d been gone the next morning.

She slapped him.

Jude winced. “Okay, probably deserved that,” he said. “It’s good to see you again though.”

Ashlyn smiled and gave him a hug. “You too, mijo, she said. “I need go. Looking for someone. But we catch later, sí.

“Of course,” Jude said with a smile.

Ashlyn walked into the sauna and smiled shyly at the Altaran woman before stripping down. The heat felt good after the bitter cold outside, something she wasn’t used to, and Ashlyn felt the fatigue of the climb up the mountain fade away. The room was large, but empty for now. Ashlyn didn’t bother wrapping the towel around herself as she took a seat on the warm bench and laid out to relax.

Conditions
Wild Die always a d8
PPE: 10/25
ISP: 20/20
Shield: 10/10 PPE
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 15 rangers; 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
Bennies: 5/3
Adventure Cards
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Witchwell Inn
Afternoon
Round 0

Jude smiled at Jesse and stole a kiss. “We will make time, I promise,” he assured the beautiful redhead with a wink. “And I hope to come here again. This place is... amazing. Thank you for the benny.” He looked around at the establishment.

Jude headed up to room 1A, spotting the little people there. It also looked like Ashlyn had already been up here. The armor she had been wearing was sitting on her bunk. Jude took his assigned bunk and started to get out of his own armor. He could use a good clean up too.
Character Tracker
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Karl had lied about the BattleAXE spray.

To say Audrey was unimpressed with the scent -- or rather, the stench, as she put it -- was an understatement. Penitent had been forced to return to the ice bucket in the cellar for another wash before she'd let him into the room, although she had been rather more welcoming when he returned ...

Penitent still wasn't quite sure kindling a romance was the best course, considering his quest, so he chose not to think about it -- which was not all that hard, considering everything else he had to occupy his attention.

"I would give my crippled leg for a smoke," Audrey said, as she falls backward into the thick pillows of the rumpled bed, flushed and exhausted.

Lost in a daze, Penitent absently recalls that he has a pouch of smokeweed he'd confiscated from Karl buried in his packs somewhere. Getting up from the bed, he trods barefoot across the bearskin rug and begins rummaging in the pockets. Eventually, he finds the smokepouch, as well as a slender black data stick emblazoned with the Coalition skull emblem and a graceful letter K.

Forgot about that, he thinks, then crosses to the door, cracking it a few inches. Karl is in chair in the hallway, perusing one of the nun's dirty chapbooks and listening to some inane pre-Rifts music on his headphones.

"I found this in my pack. I saw some warriors sworn to the Legion earlier. See if you can't find one and pass it along. And stop reading that smut. I don't care if she is your betrothed, that Bible-toting temptress is a bad influence."

Karl looks at the data stick and sniffs, then smiles broadly.

"Sure Papa. Pretty sure I saw some of them in the sauna. I'll go check there -- they have to let me in if I'm on official business!"
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

After her initial soak in the sauna, Cantrell returns to Room 1A to find it full of whispering, beardless dwarves, so she grabs her stuff and nopes right out.

I'll sack out in the Zone Ranger if it comes to that, she thinks.

Stashing her gear in the vehicle, she considers heading back to the sauna for some more R&R, until she spots Jude trailing after the cute little nun from down south, acting like he can't wait to take off his towel.

Don't need to get into the middle of that, she thinks, smiling regretfully at the Altaran masseuse as she turns back toward the common room and the bar.

Before she can leave, chaos erupts as the Altaran lashes out at empty air, her hands wrapping around the neck of a red-skinned imp who must have been trying to slip into the sauna invisibly.

"You can't hide from me, you little pervert," the Altaran says. "And don't think I don't know you were using that blinged-out cell phone to snap pictures under the nun's towel when she walked by."

Scowling, the little imp pulls free and harrumphs.

"Do you even know who my Papa is? He's high Resolution, lady, so you better lay off or you're gonna get smote. Or maybe I'll just ring up Old Splynn-spliff on my phone here and let him know where his dumbo sphincter-scrubber escaped to."

Sticking out his tongue, he turns to fly off when he notices Cantrell.

"Ooo, you're the commander lady for the Legion people. She Who Hunts Monsters. Akaidia said you've got a really heroic trigger-finger ... Here, have this. Papa got it from some cat-lady in El Paso who confessed and asked us to kill her. Don't worry, I licked all the blood off."

Handing over the Coalition data-stick, he looks over his shoulder at the Altaran and squeezes out a fart, then flies away cackling, trailing a cloud of brimstone gas.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

• Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Night
Round 0

Ashlyn waved a hand in her face. “Karl, behave!” she yelled after the fleeing imp. “Sorry about that. He is teenager,” she told the Altaran and Cantrell. Ashlyn pushed back her long black hair from her face and looked over the blonde woman. “You are with Legion?” she asked, noting the insignia. “Long time since we see other Legionnaires. Join me, por favor? she offered, gesturing to the sauna and the Altaran who stood ready with towels for Cantrell.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Coming in and looking around Ndreare looked to the men with him. "Clean up and be respectful of the staff. I think we all earned some drinks, lets not do anything to make us unwelcome."

As the proprietor comes an asks her question Ndreare looks off as if reviewing his own memories. "I really cannot say anymore, i cannot say." With those words out he asks for some nice red wine and sits down. Placing the Soul Jar on the table he studies it with EDIN's help and Rodney's. "What do you think? Is there a safe way to free whatever is inside without endangering anyone?"

Sitting on the table while his arms work on routine maintenance of both himself and Ndreare's gear Rodney answers. "You know I am not an expert on these things Master, I would argue it is unlikely you will find anyone on this planet with knowledge equal to your short of the demon allied lord of The True Federation. Perhaps you should return to Phase World for a time and see if they have a solution or send it to Atlantis to be enslaved in biowizardry?"

"You know how I feel about such slavery. It is wrong to inflict slavery on the unwilling and the Atlantians do not care about cooperation or willingness." Sipping at the wine Ndreare is unsure how things could be improved.

What happnes if I release the spirit? Knowledge Arcana 8
What does Ndreare think would happen if he were to simply release the spirit by opening the jar?
Knowledge (Arcana) [dice:1p2raerl]43668:0[/dice:1p2raerl]
Wild Die [dice:1p2raerl]43668:1[/dice:1p2raerl]
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status
Parry: 9
Toughness: 22 (8)
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2
PPE: 27 of 35 base 20 without gear

Gear Charges:
  • Amulet of the Archmage: 0/5
  • Abrandis’ Honorblade PPE: 10/10
  • Night's Kiss PPE: 0/10
  • T.W.-B.A.G.: 5/5
  • Wilk's 237: 16/16 x2
  • Wilks 447: 20/20 x2

Current effects:
  • Armor Features Activated

Bennies: 4 +1 Red Benny (Roll d10 extra effort, or reroll with a d10 wild die)
  • +5 Quarterly Reset + Great Luck.
    +1 Benny for some outstanding RP!
    +1 From GM for Art of Maker.
    -1 For Vigor Roll to Soak critical failure wound.
    +1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.
    -2 Interfere with Rifts rerolled twice.

Adventure Cards
Special GM removed, need interlude to obtain
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Walking in the door in his armor, glowing red, Hans arrives at the perfect time.
Knowledge: Arcana
Knowledge - Arcana: [dice:2kwizfhh]43708:0[/dice:2kwizfhh]
Wild: [dice:2kwizfhh]43708:1[/dice:2kwizfhh]
Result: 8 - Success with Raise. If better, Hans can be used to assist Rodney to get the information.
"Ndreare, I may very well be the one better able to determine how to safely release the soul within the jar... or at least help you two figure it out. I will even help you for free this time."

Waving the barkeep over, Hans gets a Dwarven Ale and gets to discussing the problem with the other two.

"Well, time to now go and fix up Black Beauty, and to see if I have all of the right parts to make Humble here a Device to allow him to infuse magical energy into any weapon he uses... maybe a Photonic Energy Infuser. If you need any more help trying to figure it out, I will be in the BIG black UWW-53 Intra-Planetary Light Troop Transport... the BIG black space ship looking vehicle out in the courtyard."

With that, Hans goes back out to Black Beauty and gets to work to get her back into a condition that he can be proud of.

"Humble, there are some others from Rifts Earth in there. Enjoy yourself, but try not to cause too much damage. I have to help Black Beauty here."
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 5 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 5 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 1 /6
Created Gadgets:
Arcane Protection (6 PPE left)
Remote Viewing (6 PPE left)
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Bennies: 1 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Fear against Vithen Wraiths
-1 to Reroll Arcana to Find Geist among Mirror Selves

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Walking into the large and exotic inn with Hans Humble is surprised to see people he recognizes. "Hans, those are Legion 13th."

As the lady walks up to Humble and offers the greeting she has become renowned for Humble nods. "Great Hero." Then looking around a bit he is a little confused by the situation. "Where is this place?"

The rowdy environment is welcoming to Humble. Having lived the life of a soldier and slave for so long such scenes are a welcome place. Walking over to the members of the 13th who have not disappeared Humble can only smell the techno-wizard Libertas "Where is the warrior Max?" Humble is curious to see the warrior who defeated him once already.

OOC Comments
@Freemage

@Snake Eyes

Parry: 9 (1 from swords)
Toughness: 16 (4)

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Kir Gloryspirit
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kir Gloryspirit »

Kir broods as he enters the Witchwell. He has not heard from Asnir since his audience with the being which referred to itself only as "power incarnate." He ignores the serving lady and sits in a corner contemplating. He hears someone ask him about a drink and he just waves his hand and says, "A beer, good lady."

'Asnir, we feel your presence but it is not like before. Where are you? We have never seen you bested, nor would we ever dream it could be done so readily. We are here. We have faith. Return when you will,' he prays to Asnir.

With some social lubricant flowing through his system, Kir can't help but overhear a rowdy bunch of short and bearded, ruddy complexioned men sitting behind him. Their spirit infects him and it is the first time he has felt at home since he left Valorheim.

"What manner of men are you folk? We have never seen the like, but we sense strong, worthy spirits within you! A round on us, what say you, fellows? In return, regale us with your adventures and woes and let us make merry!" he calls out to them rambunctiously.
Last edited by Kir Gloryspirit on Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kir Gloryspirit, God-Touched Mystic of Asnir, God of War
Kir Gloryspirit, God-Touched Mystic
Charisma: 3; Pace: 6; Parry: 8(1); Toughness: 10(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Alertness: +2 to Notice
    Champion: Add +2 damage vs supernaturally evil creatures and +2 Toughness vs damage from supernaturally evil sources.
    Cosmic Confluence: 2 PPE to 1 ISP & Vice Versa (use immediately)
    Crapsack World: Roll an additional Wild die per Trait roll. Tripple 1's = roll a new char?
    Danger Sense: Notice -2 to know something is about to happen; On hold if success
    Even Stronger Willed: +2 Taunt/Intimidation, +2 Smarts/Spirit vs Tests of Will, +2 vs Fear/Puppet
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 1/2
PPE: 8/25; PPE: 0/10; PPE: 10/15; ISP: 8/20
Bennies: 0/3; Sun Dogs: 2/4
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Kir Gloryspirit speaking/thinking
Asnir, god of war speaking (directly into the mind)
Asnir speaking through Kir Gloryspirit (both speaking simultaneously)
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas blinks as Humble and Hans Greuber enter the main room. "Oh, man... Kids, stay near me, it'll be okay..." And of course, Humble comes lumbering over to him. He manages to put on a smile. "Hey, Humble... Max isn't here, I'm afraid--he had another errand he had to run. Uh... so what you been up to since the whole business with Geist?"

The two red-headed children, one on either side, lean in closer to Lib, tho' whether its for protection or just hoping the ogre decides to eat the bigger snack first might not be immediately clear.
OOC Comments
@RFT
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Heading over to talk to Krys Ndreare explains. "I think it is wrong to let him suffer. Is there a chance you know what afterlife he believed in and we can open a portal before I break the bottle so he can be set free?"

Pulling the bottle out and showing it to Kryss he adds. "He was insane, but he was the right kind of insane and opening Rifts comes second nature to your kind, while it is troublesome for me."

OOC Comments
@High Command
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

+1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.

Adventure Cards
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Libertas Magicum wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:46 pm Libertas blinks as Humble and Hans Greuber enter the main room. "Oh, man... Kids, stay near me, it'll be okay..." And of course, Humble comes lumbering over to him. He manages to put on a smile. "Hey, Humble... Max isn't here, I'm afraid--he had another errand he had to run. Uh... so what you been up to since the whole business with Geist?"

The two red-headed children, one on either side, lean in closer to Lib, tho' whether its for protection or just hoping the ogre decides to eat the bigger snack first might not be immediately clear.
OOC Comments
@RFT
Humble looks disappointed. "He was strong."

Then smelling the small children he looks squinting his terrible eyes. they smell like Libertas so not wanting to offend Humble offers a solid compliment. "Are these your spawn? They smell healthy." Sitting down on the floor Humble smiles and offers a hand. "I can teach them to wrestle. Children like to climb and pull on my face?"

Once seated the giants body it only 6' tall and hardly intimidating at all. However his friendly smile is still one many adults would find off putting.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Lib tries to figure out how to answer the ogre. "Eh, they're healthy, but exhausted--they just got through a pretty big ordeal. Probably be a few days before they're really up for much at the moment." The kids don't look as spooked as they did before Humble sat down, but they are also still kind of out of it, and don't take Humble up on his kind invitation. "After they've had a chance to rest up, we're probably going to have to figure out how to get them back with their own people." He blinks, realizing there was a question in Humble's comment. "Oh, no, I'm not their father, or anything. I just, ah, took care of them during a crisis."

Also, as he examines them closer, Humble will see that parts of their bodies have a metallic sheen--in particular, the girl's face on the right side, including her eye and some of her hair, all glint in the light (though the colors of the skin, iris and hair are right, bizarrely enough, and there seems to be no 'seam' between regular flesh and... whatever that is). Similarly, the left side of the boy's neck, and the hand on that same side, have the same metallic overtone.
OOC Comments
@RFT The kids are both at Exhausted, due to temporary Strain that arises from the nanotech that brought them back to life. Given that they're Young Extras, that pretty much means they need to Ace to succeed at, well, anything.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Humble hears the story of the kids being exhausted and thinks to himself that is good. It will help them build strength, but still wants to offer aid of some kind. "Maybe Hans can help them? He is the best techno-wizard and helps me a lot." then standing again and looking around so as not to bother the tired travelers Humble says. "I will leave and not bother you."

Spinning a bit and looking for anywhere else where people can tolerate him Humble decide to move to the open area near the artificial fire and rest against the mantel. With a deep intake of breath he begins singing, songs of the time before he was taken, and songs of the times after. While not all in English, the sound is deep and melodious as his voice easily fills the building.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

"Take care, and thanks for understanding, Big Guy. But, one little thing..." He can't help himself, though, even as his tail wags frantically trying to get him to shut up. "The issue of 'best techno-wizard' still hasn't been settled... Hans and I have never gotten around to a proper accounting on that front."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Humble nods understanding the pride of warriors probably extends to wizard types as well. "Sorry, I did not want to insult you."

Apologies said Humble returns to his planned songs.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Ashlyn Alvarez wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:51 pm Zacatecas, Mexico/Witchwell Inn
Night
Round 0

Ashlyn waved a hand in her face. “Karl, behave!” she yelled after the fleeing imp. “Sorry about that. He is teenager,” she told the Altaran and Cantrell. Ashlyn pushed back her long black hair from her face and looked over the blonde woman. “You are with Legion?” she asked, noting the insignia. “Long time since we see other Legionnaires. Join me, por favor? she offered, gesturing to the sauna and the Altaran who stood ready with towels for Cantrell.
"I really should be ... oh, sure, I could do with another steam," Cantrell says, deciding Libertas will just have to wait.

She slots her credstick into the terminal nearby and transfers a few hundred credits to the Altaran for a tip.

"Could you get a message to the red-headed gentleman with glasses? Tell him I'll see him in the common room for dinner. Oh, and if the blond gentleman with the big smile shows up -- Jude Maverick -- tell him the sauna is closed for cleaning for the next ... ah ... hour or so."
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Hans comes back into the Witchwell Inn for another ale just in time to hear...
Libertas Magicum wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:01 am "The issue of 'best techno-wizard' still hasn't been settled... Hans and I have never gotten around to a proper accounting on that front."
"Well, we can have that building contest whenever you want... the TRUE test of a Techno-Wizard. I have everything I need back in my ship. Grab your supplies and we can settle this right here and right now... unless you are just puffing smoke and KNOW that you can't match me."
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas sighs when he gets Cantrell's message. "Well, at least it's not just my fault this got put off." He gives a soft chuckle, letting the kids settle down next to him.

Then he blinks when Hans comes up. "Hrm... I'd love to, but for a variety of reasons, I can't leave these kids alone right now. But, if you're willing to wait until your associate finishes his performance, and he's amenable to the idea of being responsible for their safety while you and I test skills, I'd be happy to oblige you." The two kids blink in surprise at this idea, but seem to be too knackered out to register an objection, even.

He motions to the seat across from his. "In the meantime, we can have a cordial meal and you can tell me what sort of terms you have in mind."

Honestly, Libertas, don't you have enough going on without engaging in this sort of self-aggrandizing cont-- Now, now, Lady V, this is just a friendly competition to help me unwind a little. I swear, males are the same, no matter the species.

@Hans Greuber
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

"Well, whenever you can graciously make the time, Libertas, I will be quite happy to show you up. You can find me in Black Beauty out there. I have repairs to do now."
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Technowave Unleashed Jesse carefully puts down a drink or two in front of some drwarves that look like they might have been underground for far too long. She looks over at the two technowizards with a frown and comes over to the group of heroes forming. Her normal jovial self seems to have vanished, ” I hear you talkimg about kids there wizard? Nothing goes on in this inn that happens with out my knowledge but... I can’t see into your room goggles.” She peers surveying the inn, ” Cantrell is tipping the sauna attendent, The Apok is upstairs occupied, that big ole Ogre of war is bellowimg out Man in a Mirror by the hearth. Solemn and broody is over at the bar pinning over a soul jar that XY gave him...” Jesse shudders a bit and continues her peircing gaze, ” Your dragon in disguise, a most magnificent creature is taking in the sights, and smells.” She calls to Grynn, ” Grynn dear, the doors work both ways and you are free to go as you please. The mystic is getting a nice steam, the jaguar has ordered food for forty. The other mystic is knee deep in dwarves, The dwarven wizard before me is on a journey of great need, that imp is downstairs peering through the doorway that leads to the shire, and Jude... Well he is lucky.”

She looks at the kids with Libertas and frowns, ” Wizards are always welcome here, but be warned magic does not work how you like in this establishment... I can’t see the kids—-“

Cries from the upstairs area come echoing out cutting her off. Male voices are yelling for help, Mister Frodo, watchout!!” ”Sam... Merry, Pippin!! It's coming across the hall like a wave of metal eating everything in is path!”. ” Hurry Mr. Frodo, onto the table! Eyeehhhh!”

From the upstairs a wave of metal nano bots come rollimg down consuming everything in its path. Four half sized humans are crouched on a table riding the wave, the only problem is their table is being eaten. Jesse chugs down a glass of something from the bar and curses, ” Worse than last time an Apok went ballistic. I’ll go find the restset button. You heroes make sure no one dies and this thing doesn’t more than half my inn... Might be time to call for help.” Jesse leaps behind the bar looking for some kind of button in a big bin of irregular sized buttons. But she has enough nerve to crack a smile at the two technowizards, ” Might be a good time to see who puts techno in wizard, eh?”

Th wave sloshes down the stairs and people in general start screaming trying to get out of the way. They are knocking over tables, machines, and dancers alike. All of which is just greedily consumed by this wave of shiny black metal. Clearly the only heroes here are the members of the 13th, Vampire Kingdoms, and LoB. Like the man says, watcha gonna do?

Quick combat at -4, choose the skill of your choosing that you wish to use and frame the story of how you helped defeat the foe, or saved some innocents. Successful danger sense roll can make this negative a -2.

Grynn rolls at a +2 instead of -4.

Humble yes this will eat you faster than you regenerate.

Hans and Libertas it is technological and slightly magical, but not TW.

Everyone has one extra benny just for this roll. Whomever rolls highest is crowned Legended of the Witchwell Inn. I think you all know what happens to folks who are legendary!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Ashlyn covered her mouth when she giggled. “You know Jude?” she asked Cantrell. “Well, yes. You would. You are beautiful woman. Jude knows many. Is he… are you and he…” How did she ask it delicately? Not that she was interested in Jude! Well, not anymore. Not...really.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

TW 17
TW (-4 due Scene, +2 due Machine Maestro = at -2.)
  • TW: [dice:c6c8sknu]43828:0[/dice:c6c8sknu]
    Wild: [dice:c6c8sknu]43828:1[/dice:c6c8sknu]
    • Bennie Re-Roll (With Elan)
      • TW: [dice:c6c8sknu]43828:2[/dice:c6c8sknu]
        Wild: [dice:c6c8sknu]43828:3[/dice:c6c8sknu]
        • Ace: [dice:c6c8sknu]43828:4[/dice:c6c8sknu]
          • Re-Ace: [dice:c6c8sknu]43828:5[/dice:c6c8sknu]
    Result: 17 - Success with 3 Raises.
Knowing that the Metal Nano-Bots can consume any matter they encounter, Hans devises a plan. He quickly puts together a Trans-Harmonic Solid Wave Transducer (Barrier Device) and starts corralling the Nano-Bots with translucent walls of pure energy, making sure the table surfers have enough time to jump off before blocking too much of the escape path for them.

"Well, Libertas, what have you got that you can do to beat that, or will you just admit defeat? I have corralled most of the the Nano-Bots and allowed the Surfers to jump to safety. Jesse should have the time now to reset... whatever she is planning on resetting. If her plan doesn't work, I will have to actually put some effort into this."
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

OOC Comments
Belated Danger Sense roll:
Notice [dice:u8zjzone]43829:7[/dice:u8zjzone]
Wild Notice [dice:u8zjzone]43829:8[/dice:u8zjzone]

Techno-Wizardry: +2 from Machine Maestro, +2 from Pro/Exp Edges, +1 from Staff, -4 from Scene: Total +1

TW: [dice:u8zjzone]43829:0[/dice:u8zjzone]
Wild TW: [dice:u8zjzone]43829:1[/dice:u8zjzone]

Benny Reroll w/Elan
TW: [dice:u8zjzone]43829:2[/dice:u8zjzone]
Wild TW: [dice:u8zjzone]43829:3[/dice:u8zjzone]

Gotta Try:
TW: [dice:u8zjzone]43829:4[/dice:u8zjzone]
Wild TW: [dice:u8zjzone]43829:5[/dice:u8zjzone]
ACE [dice:u8zjzone]43829:6[/dice:u8zjzone]

Bah. At least it's a Raise
Libertas is hampered by the children Jesse can't see clinging to him, but he still manages to get out his Puzzle-Cube; his tail holds up the copper-etched staff, which drops wires down to plug into the cube even as he starts twisting it. A moment later, a small aperture opens in the top, emitting several gleaming marbles that launch into the space behind the barrier; as they move, they unfold into the form of elegant Clockwork Bots, landing in the goo, and then boost the individuals who were stuck inside out and over the wall, making it easier for them to clear the barriers quickly (and thus, for Hans to quickly encapsulate the nanite swarm). The bots are consumed, of course, but that's what they're there for--and as they melt down, they don't even add to the mass of the swarm.

"I'll admit, you were faster on the draw than I was--nothing more than that," he grumphs at Hans.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Ashlyn Alvarez wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:06 am Ashlyn covered her mouth when she giggled. “You know Jude?” she asked Cantrell. “Well, yes. You would. You are beautiful woman. Jude knows many. Is he… are you and he…” How did she ask it delicately? Not that she was interested in Jude! Well, not anymore. Not...really.
Leaning back in the steam-filled sauna, Cantrell let herself relax in the presence of the dark-haired young nun. She blushed when Ashlyn called her beautiful, then nearly choked when the topic turned to Jude.

"Jude? And me? Oh, by all that is holy, not in a million years ... I mean, normally I'd say, 'You don't know where that's been,' but in this case I do know at least some of the places it's been ..." Cantrell, says, then stops as the pretty sister starts to blush. "Well, I mean, I can see the appeal. But we've been through a lot, and we have more of a big sister-little brother thing going. Don't tell him I said so, but he's a good man to have around -- one of the few I trust to watch my back, even if he does have a tendency to focus on my ass. Just have to keep a supply of antibiotics on hand, and be prepared to run into pissed off ex-girlfriends once in a while."

Cantrell is starting to wonder whether she might have misjudged the nun's intentions when suddenly screams echo in from the hallway, and a voice on the Altaran's radio starts yelling about people-eating nanites. Grabbing a loose towel and wrapping it around herself, Cantrell rushes out to where her armor is stored in the locker room.

No time to put this on, she thinks, as she quickly unlocks the clips to remove the alien EMP launcher from its shoulder mount. Weapon in hand, she runs out of the sauna, toward the common room, one hand holding her towel in place as she runs toward the danger with adrenaline-stoked speed.

Skin shining in the lamplight, Cantrell proceeds to blast hole after hole in the wave of nanobots with her alien EMP launcher, a glowing goddess of war standing firm against the technological tide. Absently, she notices Libtertas and a couple red-headed children in the room, as well as that twisted dwarf from the Black Company, Hans, fiddling with some sort of TW toy while she handles the real work.

Disaster averted, she grabs a bottle of wine from a nearby table and cradles it in one arm, pulling up her towel where it had started to slip.

"Well boys, try to be useful and help with the clean up. I'll be in the sauna with a Do Not Disturb sign on the door," she calls over her shoulder, before ducking back toward the sauna and the waiting nun.

"Now, Ashlyn, you were saying? Oh, and do you drink?"
Shooting 19 vs. Nanobots
Shooting is 1d12+6, -4 for the scene modifier
Shooting [dice:xbppl902]43841:0[/dice:xbppl902]
Wild [dice:xbppl902]43841:1[/dice:xbppl902] = Ace! [dice:xbppl902]43841:2[/dice:xbppl902] + Using a Red Benny for Extra Effort + Elan [dice:xbppl902]43841:3[/dice:xbppl902] + [dice:xbppl902]43841:4[/dice:xbppl902] = 17
Wild 2 [dice:xbppl902]43841:5[/dice:xbppl902]
EDIT: Forgot extra Wild Die, and also Danger Sense
Notice [dice:xbppl902]43841:6[/dice:xbppl902] = Success
Wild 1 [dice:xbppl902]43841:7[/dice:xbppl902]
Wild 2 [dice:xbppl902]43841:8[/dice:xbppl902]

With successful Danger Sense, the scene modifier would only be -2, which brings my total above to Shooting 19.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

OOC Comments
Hangouts Channel for us to trash talk each other..

https://hangouts.google.com/group/zShOqwLTTA538s792
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Spellcasting 16
Using scene benny to activate Danger sense for the turn
Notice d12+2-2 = d12
Notice [dice:1rqtmz1h]43846:0[/dice:1rqtmz1h]
Wild Die [dice:1rqtmz1h]43846:1[/dice:1rqtmz1h]

Spellcasting d12+3 -X for scene (based on Danger Sense roll)
Spellcasting [dice:1rqtmz1h]43846:2[/dice:1rqtmz1h]
Wild die [dice:1rqtmz1h]43846:3[/dice:1rqtmz1h]

Benny that for sure (free benny for scene)
Spellcasting [dice:1rqtmz1h]43846:4[/dice:1rqtmz1h]
Wild die [dice:1rqtmz1h]43846:5[/dice:1rqtmz1h]

Dice roller appears to be broken for me in three games right now. (Forgot to include Elan, -1 Benny)
Spellcasting [dice:1rqtmz1h]43846:6[/dice:1rqtmz1h]
Wild die [dice:1rqtmz1h]43846:7[/dice:1rqtmz1h]

A little better (forgot i have elan, -2 bennies)
Spellcasting [dice:1rqtmz1h]43846:8[/dice:1rqtmz1h]
Wild die [dice:1rqtmz1h]43846:9[/dice:1rqtmz1h]

Sacrifice a man for 1d6 Extra above Extra Effort or Bennies
[dice:1rqtmz1h]43846:10[/dice:1rqtmz1h]
The rolling mass of techno-horror came swimming in interrupting Ndreare as he was talking to Krys holding the jar out to her, a giant piece of stray table flew between the two of them knocking the jar from his hand sending it flying through the air as Rodney sweeps in to catch it he says. "Master perhaps I should keep this safe for the time being." When suddenly the Robot fails the grab and the bottle topples into the quicksilver like thing.

His mind having warned him of the danger coming had Ndreare stepping back away from the mass. "EDIN, Rodney, stay away from that, link up, and help me identify ways to overcome it. Rodney, go invisible and get as far from this thing as possible." Struggling in his mind Ndreare thinks of potential solutions for the problem.

Improvising his magic Ndreare combines a spell of technological disruption and a spell of arcane disruption combined into a spell that against either would be less effective, but against this strange hybrid it perhaps could be more. Wrapping the spell Ndreare focuses it as much as possible sending it at the silvery amorphous apparition. As volley after volley hit the thing he saw it was only slowing it down. Each area while destroyed did nothing to affect the areas not directly in the spells domain.

As the rangers are pulling back from their rest one of them sees what is happening and tries to build a barricade, the noble warrior however was unable to hold the tide as it washed over him.

Soul Jar lost!
Okay, HC is okay with it, and the group voted, so we are down 1 Jar of awesome. We will have a Doc Reid + T2 robot eliminating vampires.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Kir Gloryspirit
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Danger Sense 7; -1 Benny
Notice: [dice:29x0gxly]43863:0[/dice:29x0gxly] (+2 Alertness, -2 Danger Sense)
Wild: [dice:29x0gxly]43863:1[/dice:29x0gxly]
Wild: [dice:29x0gxly]43863:2[/dice:29x0gxly]

Reroll
Notice: [dice:29x0gxly]43863:3[/dice:29x0gxly] (+2 Alertness, +2 Elan, -2 Danger Sense)
Wild: [dice:29x0gxly]43863:4[/dice:29x0gxly]
Wild: [dice:29x0gxly]43863:5[/dice:29x0gxly]
As Kir is listening raptly to one of his dwarven friends tell the story of the woman who stole his heart, the only woman he had ever met with a beard more magnificent than his, Kir hears Asnir speak, faintly, for the first time since he retrieved Reid's soul.

'Danger..above..'
Taunt 16; -1 Benny
Taunt: [dice:29x0gxly]43863:6[/dice:29x0gxly] (+4 Extremely Strong Willed, -2 Scene)
Wild: [dice:29x0gxly]43863:7[/dice:29x0gxly] Ace: [dice:29x0gxly]43863:9[/dice:29x0gxly]
Wild: [dice:29x0gxly]43863:8[/dice:29x0gxly]
Extra Effort: [dice:29x0gxly]43863:10[/dice:29x0gxly] (+2 Elan)
In the ensuing chaos, Kir charges towards the strange, amorphous and metallic creature. A soft, orange glow radiates from the mystic as he surges forward, and when he opens his mouth, strange, indecipherable sounds resembling little more than noise and chitters come out.

The nano swarm hears him shout, "Hah, to battle, then! What manner of pitiful creature are you, that you can do little but undulate on the floor consuming all in your path? What a pointless existence."

As he mocks the amoebous creature, he blasts it up close with shards of celestial silver, and then backs away in an attempt to distract it. Then he does it over again. The swarm billows forward to engulf him, but the mystic is always a step ahead.

Kir smirks and yells at it once more, "Impotent, too, I see."
    Champion: Add +2 damage vs supernaturally evil creatures and +2 Toughness vs damage from supernaturally evil sources.
    Crapsack World: Roll an additional Wild die per Trait roll. Tripple 1's = roll a new char?
    Danger Sense: Notice -2 to know something is about to happen; On hold if success
    Even Stronger Willed: +2 Taunt/Intimidation, +2 Smarts/Spirit vs Tests of Will, +2 vs Fear/Puppet
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Witchwell Inn
Evening
Round 0

Jude took a quick sauna and sent his armor off to be cleaned. So dressed in his enhanced clothes, his longcoat, and armed only with his pistol, vibroknife, and a bit of enchanted jewelry, he headed downstairs, sipping from his enchanted bottle of Kentucky Bourbon and idly playing with his TW Ultimax Robot Barbie. He still didn’t know what the hell the trinket stolen from Viggo’s desk did.

When the screams began, Jude looked around in surprise at the silvery wave devouring everything.

“Oh, shit!” Jude exclaimed. He activated his personal force field belt and pulled his pistol, blasting at the little critters.

A beautiful elf found herself getting surrounded by the devouring horde and Jude looked around.

“Thank God for chandeliers,” Jude muttered. Taking a running jump, he swung and swept the elven princess into his arms, pressing her lithe body against him. “Don’t worry, fair elf,” he said as they landed on the bar near Jesse.

“My hero!” the elf swooned.

“Anything I can help with, Jess?” Jude asked, looking for other beautiful maidens to rescue, only to find himself staring at Cantrell in a barely there towel.

“Umm…” Jude was suddenly at a loss for words.
Agility 6
Agility [dice:l67mu3jo]43886:0[/dice:l67mu3jo]
Wild [dice:l67mu3jo]43886:1[/dice:l67mu3jo]
Forgot the scene modifier of -4, which makes it a 2, so let's Extra Effort that with Elan [dice:l67mu3jo]43886:2[/dice:l67mu3jo]
Last edited by Jude Maverick on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Fighting total 1, Fail
Fighting d12, scene penalty -4

Fighting [dice:1tlkaq7f]43917:0[/dice:1tlkaq7f]
Wild die [dice:1tlkaq7f]43917:1[/dice:1tlkaq7f]

Using Scene Bennie provided by GM
Fighting [dice:1tlkaq7f]43917:2[/dice:1tlkaq7f]
Wild [dice:1tlkaq7f]43917:3[/dice:1tlkaq7f]
As the scene turns from one of peace and quite to one of roaring conflict Humble felt the power surge into him. Suddenly he was surrounded by his element. From the fire mantel he was already pretty far from the wave, but seeing the effect it was having on the other Humble thought he would be the best best of slowing it down. Looking over he grabbed the bar tearing a giant portion of it away and kicking it sending it like a wall into the wave. But the impact was little as the bar pushed into the wave several foot, then was devoured and overcome.

Worried he would not be able to stop the thing Humble looked for Hans. "What is it? How do I kill it" The ineffectiveness of his attacks had Humble concerned he would not be able to help his friend. Humble did not want to be alone again. Bellowing out as loud as he can Humble calls his friends for guidance. "Sammy, Hans, what do I do?"

Working to help as many people as possible Humble begins grabbing those to stunned or scarred to act and tossing them out the door to safety.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Intimidation 21
Danger Sense:
Notice [dice:1yjn3lzb]43918:0[/dice:1yjn3lzb] = Ace [dice:1yjn3lzb]43918:2[/dice:1yjn3lzb]
Wukd [dice:1yjn3lzb]43918:1[/dice:1yjn3lzb]

Intimidation: 1d8 +2 (Strong-Willed) +2 (Tattoos) -2 Scene modifier
Intimidate [dice:1yjn3lzb]43918:3[/dice:1yjn3lzb]
Wild [dice:1yjn3lzb]43918:4[/dice:1yjn3lzb]
+ Benny for Extra Effort + Elan = [dice:1yjn3lzb]43918:5[/dice:1yjn3lzb] + Ace! [dice:1yjn3lzb]43918:6[/dice:1yjn3lzb]
Audrey is doing this interesting thing that she says she learned in a place called "South Padre" when screaming and banging outside the room drags Penitent out of the moment. Growling and promising dire consequences to Karl, he gets out of the warm bed and stomps to the door, which he throws open with enough force to bend the hinges.

"Boy, what did I tell you about wearing headphones when you're watching those Nar-U-Tube videos ..." he says, before realizing the imp is nowhere to be seen. Instead, other guests of the inn are running down the hall, most screaming like banshees, while a silver tide of nanites crashes after them.

It's like a machine mixed with a river, he thinks, shuddering inwardly. Stepping back into the room, he contemplates merely closing the door, but noting the shoddy construction, decides more will be needed to ensure he and Audrey will be left alone. Crossing to the bed, he pulls his demon mask off the bedpost and heads back outside.

"Don't move -- I want to know more about this Tijuana twister you mentioned earlier," he says.

Bare-assed naked, he dons his demon mask and ignites his angelic tattoos, the fiery wings lighting up the hallways and singeing the wood frame of the door. Voice amplified like the crackling furnaces of hell, he calls down great condemnation on the machine horde.

"Begone, you soulless tide of interruption! Did you not see the sign casting out any who would disturb those within? Turn, now, or know you will be destroyed so utterly that your artificial clones' clones' clones will be consumed by wrathful fire!"

The nanite wave seems to hesitate a moment, shuddering in fear. Faced with the naked, demon-masked apok, the swarm decides that suicide is the better part of valor, and turns inward, devouring itself in an attempt to atone for its past sins.

Nodding approval, Penitent shuts the door and returns to Audrey and the bed.

"What? Oh, keep the flaming wings going? That could be interesting ..."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Night
Round 0

Ashlyn blushed when Cantrell spoke of Jude’s ex-girlfriends. “I suppose I might fit that,” she admitted. “Though we were nothing so formal. He visited my town when Legionairres first come. Pretty sure I was not only novice in convent he made into woman.” She blushed. “And then he was gone.” She sighed slightly. “Did you never wonder, though?”

Then there was screaming and a commotion. Ashlyn grabbed a towel and followed Cantrell out, though she didn’t bother with any gear. Her mother’s silver cross still hung between her full breasts.

They emerged into the chaos of the common room with the silvery tide of nanobots trying to devour everything. Cantrell opened up with her gun and Ashlyn started to pray, blasting at the mass with magic. Her towel, a lot less secure than Cantrell’s, slipped off, though she didn’t dare cease her magical attacks to secure it until the situation was in hand.

With a blush, Ashlyn found her towel had been devoured, so she hurried nakedly out after Cantrell, back to the sauna.

“God, yes, I drink!” Ashlyn said. “That was embarrassing. You were wonderful, though,” she told Cantrell.
Mysticism 11
Forgot -4 scene modifier
Mysticism [dice:10rpz4ix]43961:0[/dice:10rpz4ix]
Wild [dice:10rpz4ix]43961:1[/dice:10rpz4ix]
Ace [dice:10rpz4ix]43961:2[/dice:10rpz4ix]
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Smarts 6
[dice:1xcvamhk]44099:0[/dice:1xcvamhk]
Wild Die [dice:1xcvamhk]44099:1[/dice:1xcvamhk]
Wild Die [dice:1xcvamhk]44099:2[/dice:1xcvamhk] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice:1xcvamhk]44099:6[/dice:1xcvamhk]
-1 Penalty from Race
-2 Penalty from Hindrances
Psionics 8
[dice:1xcvamhk]44099:3[/dice:1xcvamhk]
Wild Die [dice:1xcvamhk]44099:4[/dice:1xcvamhk]
Wild Die [dice:1xcvamhk]44099:5[/dice:1xcvamhk]
-4 Penalty from Scene
+4 Bonus from Extra ISP Being spent on a Ley Line
Jitters hears the commotion coming in from inside and dashes in as fast as he can to find an amorpheous swarm of nano-bots, moving like waves lapping at the shore, except these waves destroyed all that they touched. Jitters sees Cantrell coming out in nothing more than a towel wielding a gun, so he dashes over to her, and just before she fires her gun, he imbues it with a creeping corrosive energy, causing the nano-bots to corrode and rust away that were near the point of impact for Cantrell's shots.

Seeing that Humble had ruined a good sized chunk of the bar, Jitters says to Jesse "Would you like me to whittle up a new section of bar to replace the one that just got destroyed? I have the fastest blades in the world!"
Jitters
Jitters
Pace: 16; Parry: 11; Toughness: 22 (11); Strain: 1(?)

Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
JA-11 Energy Rifle (30/60/120, 3d6, RoF 1, AP 2, Shots 60, 7 lbs, Special)
  • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)
ISP: 20/30
Bennies: 3 Red 5 Regular

Encumberance: 56 lbs/84 lbs

Alts: Pvt. Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Enemy
Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM's choice becomes your character's sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting Now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is "retired".
Better You Than Me
Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Vela had scant time to react...as was usual. One moment she was sizing up this human man who was offering to buy her a drink...the next, some kind of unholy liquid acid or something was splashing into the room, destroying everything it touched. She wasn't sure if it could kill her or not, but even if not it could probably render her little more than a constantly regenerating/constantly dying pile of meat until it passed on...after consuming everything else.

Unacceptable.

She gripped the spirit totem around her neck in her fist and turned to face death once again. Her voice rang out, not in Spanish, but in the fluid tones of Nahuatl, the language of the forebears and their ancestors.

"Spirits of earth and sky, flame and flood, I am Vela of the line of priests of the Tenochtitlan! I am far from the homes of my people, and I need your aid! By blood and sacrifice! By promise kept and fulfilled! For The People of the Jaguar and the blessings of Omagua, I call you!"

The earth under the inn rumbled, lurched. A mighty wind rose outside, rattling the doors and windows. The air inside the inn took on a sharp smell, like the tang that lingered just before a thunderstorm. The lights flickered unsteadily.

Vela changed form, growing taller and more muscular...a humanoid jaguaress with the same eyes as her human shape. With a clawed finger she pointed at the nano-goo.

"I must destroy this thing. Let it not touch my flesh."

The golden mask glittered with power, and she charged straight at the mass of churning destruction, with perfect faith in the spirits of her People. Her claws flashed with the same flashes of radiance she used to fight the vampires...sunlight might not directly damage nanobots, but the heat and overpowering radiance was far better than just talons would be. And it let the spirits do their work.

The nanite-swarm engufled Vela, completely obscuring her. One could only imagine her armor and fur and skin and bones being relentlessly deconstructed, rendered to building compounds used to manufacture yet more nanites. Then the swam bulged, and was torn asunder from within! Standing in the midst of the ravening devourer was Vela, untouched. Psudopods and slivers of nanites constantly surged in, and each one was rebuked by intangible forces...the spirits themselves, cast as misty figures barely visible in the gale winds that seemed to wrap entirely around the werejaguar. They had no substance to swallow, yet their shielding hands kept the streams of doom at bay while Vela did the dread work. Where she struck, sizzling lines of fried nanites peeled back.

Even so, perhaps the most important portion of her work was not inflicting damage on the swarm; others were far better equipped for that. It was instead, being a target for them. Making of herself a constant irritant that proved nearly impervious to the swarm's efforts to reach. In response it doubled and redoubled its efforts against her, by necessity reducing its ability to strike others, or prevent innocents from fleeing.

Vela played the part to the hilt, roaring and striking each time the swarm seemed like it might try to curl past her. Making herself enough of a threat that it couldn't just ignore her.

"I'm still going to want that drink!" she shouted with fierce glee as she battled the the thing, ghosts crowded thick around her and claws that burned like the sun.

Rolls:Psionics 27 (??!!)
Danger sense [dice:3o3cxjzw]44114:6[/dice:3o3cxjzw] or [dice:3o3cxjzw]44114:5[/dice:3o3cxjzw]
Psionics [dice:3o3cxjzw]44114:0[/dice:3o3cxjzw] or [dice:3o3cxjzw]44114:1[/dice:3o3cxjzw]
Ace! [dice:3o3cxjzw]44114:2[/dice:3o3cxjzw]
Um...damn. [dice:3o3cxjzw]44114:3[/dice:3o3cxjzw]
...somebody stop her. [dice:3o3cxjzw]44114:4[/dice:3o3cxjzw]
And oops, forgot the scene mod for -4 after failed danger sense, so 27 total

Whew. Another ace and she'd just have deflected the whole world into the sun and called it good. :)
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human

Jaguar

Hybrid

Combat Edges:
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Grynn looked a bit surprised at the way Jesse treated him. She seemed to just 'know' he was a dragon, even while he was in disguise. That wasn't unheard, of course, but still wasn't very common. Plus she spoke in his language and also was flattering to him. He smiled at her. "Oh, thank you. You are most kind." He gave her a small bow of his head as he took the benny from her.

He took his time finding a place to sit. There was so much to see and hear. So many different varieties of species and gender. He was smiling widely when he his drink was brought over. He eagerly took a sip and it was DIVINE! He'd never tasted anything like it and yet it seemed SO familiar! He took another sip, battling mightily against the urge to down it, wanting to savor it and draw out the enjoyment.

He found out that the Confessor had been seen with Commander Kurling. That shocked him a bit. The CS cyborg had been in here with the Confessor? Had they left together? Were they still around? He resolved to go and look for them...as soon as he finished the delicious drink...or maybe after a refill, but only one refill!

He waved to Jesse when she called out to him and nodded his thanks for the information. But then things got crazy! A wave of metal-things came down the hall and into the room, trying to eat everything in their path! Grynn started to instinctively change into his natural form so he could fly about, staying out of the reach of the metal wave and help those who could not fly - and yet....the room was too crowded and not open enough for him to do so.

He frowned in frustration but then smiled. His form began to shift, the armor and humanoid form disappearing somewhat quickly, until he appeared to be a large simian type creature. He quickly climbed up to the rafters and began moving...well, like a monkey...swinging this way and that, rescuing trapped people to get them to higher ground and as much safety as possible. Strangely - the ape seemed to talk just fine, letting people know it was there to help them, not to be scared, that sort of thing.

Strength 16
Carrying and lifting while hanging from the rafters. +6 to total of the roll (+2 for scene, d12+4 strength).
Strength die [dice:2fxwsc2w]44202:0[/dice:2fxwsc2w], Wild die [dice:2fxwsc2w]44202:1[/dice:2fxwsc2w].
Extra Effort with free benny: [dice:2fxwsc2w]44202:2[/dice:2fxwsc2w].
Grynn
Character Summary
Special: Cursed with Awesome (You can reroll a 1 on the wild die - unless it is a crit fail. Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll); Fear (in dragon form); Flight 12 (in dragon form); Impervious to Fire; Infravision; Size +6 (in dragon form); Slow Regeneration; Spirit rolls (+2)
Active effects:

Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Invisibility, Light/Obscure, Slumber, Smite

Wounds:

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Jesse looks up at the techno slosh getting the business end of high powered shinanigans. She has a bucket of buttons and is going through them looking for the one that must say reset. She does cringe slightly when the soul jar is lost to the techno silver sludge. She mutters, ” I bet that Apok gets his wish now... Got to find the right button. angry button, sad button, benjman button....”

Despite the awesome thrown at the quickening nano bot enfused wave of sludge it continues to pour rampent over the barr and lobby giving more heroes should they come forth time enough to act.

Winner will be crowned on the 17th.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Raynard Lucas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Raynard Lucas »

Notice 7
Notice [dice:3oz8dk4e]44427:0[/dice:3oz8dk4e]
Wild Die [dice:3oz8dk4e]44427:1[/dice:3oz8dk4e]

After searching for the Confessor for a couple of hours, Raynard walks in from the cold. He pulls his hood down, revealing a worried face, and just in time notices the little men coming down on a wave of death. He quickly calculates their trajectory in his mind, and nimbly makes his way to a corner that will be safe from their wave of mutilation.
Krysesia
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Krysesia »

Notice 7; Spellcasting 10
Notice [dice:swrj4w0f]44432:0[/dice:swrj4w0f], [dice:swrj4w0f]44432:1[/dice:swrj4w0f]+[dice:swrj4w0f]44432:4[/dice:swrj4w0f]
Spellcasting [dice:swrj4w0f]44432:2[/dice:swrj4w0f], [dice:swrj4w0f]44432:3[/dice:swrj4w0f] +1 (from Staff); Reroll [dice:swrj4w0f]44432:5[/dice:swrj4w0f], [dice:swrj4w0f]44432:6[/dice:swrj4w0f] +1 from staff
Serenia and Krys
ImageImage
Krysesia Lengdosia, Legend, True Atlantean, and Shifter walks through the door. She has not been in the vicinity since they arrived, but now purports herself to the task at hand. She raises her staff a bit and lightning shoots out and into the sludge, as she seeks to fry its circuits. "Well, now it's a party." She can't help but smirk.

Those who know her, can't help but see she is refreshed. She has yet to spend any time partaking of the Inn's pleasures, yet she looks bathed and rested. Behind her, Serenia walks in. Her wings are wrapped around her like a cloak, and her weapons are not visible. Though as an energy being, such things were simply appearances. Her angelic composure, combined with the sheer presence of her Atlantean companion, manage to draw glances in the midst of chaos.
Krysesia of Clan Skellian, True Atlantean Shifter
Quick Stats
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 21(10) in armor; Strain: 0
Weapon in hand: Manoan Firebolt Pistol (Ammo: 20/20) or Neptune’s Draining Blade
Bennies, Wounds, and Power Points: Tracked Here
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

38 successes gained

Vela is the winer!
The efforts of the heroes against the techno sludge come to a head and after giving it their all the sludge is finally dispersed. Patrons and hobbits are saved! Jesse manages to sift through her bin of buttons and exclaims, ”Got it! Reset!” A soft blue light eminates from her hand and finally encompases the inn and all the heroes.

A women steps out of the heart of this light where it glows almost white. She seems to radiate with a holy light and holders a crystal ball in hand. She wears furs of an animal unknown, and a cloak is drawn around her body made of silver ethereal fabric. Her voice is calm and motherly, her eyes while peircing seem wise and knowing. ”Heroes, I am Epim. Your journeys have led you to my refuge and you have all aquitted yourselves as such and I could not be more proud. Fortune and Glory are yours for the taking if you have courage to see your path through to the end...” Her voice trails off as she looks directly at Vela, ” Long have the were-beasts inhabited this planet and never before has a hunter so great emerged. There is simply none to compare. Come person of the people let us see what fate will truely reveal.”

She traces many runes in the air with her finger and holds aloft her crystal ball. The runes take form glowing blue in the air itself. Each hero sulddenly has a goblet of water in their hands. Her crystal ball floats to Vela beckoning the were-jaguar to touch it.

The hevenly woman calls to the heroes, ”Drink from the cup of glory and see what fortune has in store for you!”
She smiles and fades as the light dwindles, ”It is time to say good bye.”
Thank you for your participation. Every hero who posted can roll once on the fortune and glory table. No rerolls, but ep may be spend to shake the table as it were. If it is something you already got and cannot use half the bonus from I will work with you to see if we can expand it. Or possibly allow a reroll in that rare circumstance.

Post your rolls here, react, and thanks for playing.

Vela can roll on the f&G table and the enclosed table of fate. If one option truly speaks to you, you may forgo the F&G roll and choose.

Roll 1d12, one reroll is allowed but you must take the second roll. Ep maybe spent as normal.
  • 1.) Fate’s Sight: This hero is like no other when it comes to spying across vast distances: confers the Farsight Power at the normal level to the Hero, permanently. This means all Range penalties are halved (Medium Range is -1, Long Range is -2
  • 2.) Move By Fate: Masters of the Move By Fate can move through spaces occupied by enemies, getting a Fighting attack in while not suffering a counter attack for withdrawing. Furthermore, the attack is made at +1 Fighting and +1 damage (and can be combined with Wild Attack for a total of +3 Fighting and +3 damage).
  • 3.). Fate cannot hide... Choose either Urban or Wild: The hero is a master of their enviorment, none can hide from them. This Edge grants the hero an additional +2 to all Notice and Tracking rolls within their chosen space and related environments; these bonuses stack with other bonuses. As well, no target of the hero’s Shooting will receive any Cover bonuses from natural impediments such as trees, bushes, or any living flora in the woodland, or junkers, walls, trashbins in the urban.
  • 4.) Fate’s Furies: A combat savant some say, a raging animal say others. Mastering the fury gives the Hero one Fighting attack per turn as a free action (no Multiple Action Penalty), regardless of any other Edges or maneuvers the Hero has used. This includes Defend, Full Defend, and All Out Move. This attack can stack with Two-Fisted and Frenzy attacks. The attack can use any weapon or form the Hero has, regardless of whether it was used already in the round, but it must be a single, one-target attack (no Sweep, Frenzy, etc.). If the Hero Wild Attacked in the round, that effect applies.
  • 5.) Tears of Fate: Perhaps the hero has shown true faith, or been touched by a benevolent intelligence. The water this character touches is blessed by fate, and any drinker recovers any lost Fatigue. This works once per drinker per day, and the imbiber is cleared of all poisons and toxins, even those magical in nature.
    Drinking the Tears of Fate takes a Full Round.
  • 6.) Fate’s Disipline: The hero has attained complete control over, mind, body, and soul. They can ingnore one wound level (stacks with nerves of steel) and 1 fatigue level.
  • 7.) Fate’s Aura: The sheer eminence of a hero’s aura is such that they can engender great awe and admiration – this adds +2 to Charisma. By spending a benny, the character can Intimidate or Persuade a crowd of people; alternately, they can instill a group with Fear (in a Large Burst Template at a range equal to their Spirit).
  • 8.) Fate’s Flesh: The ability to become Aethereal at will; this works the same as the Intangibility Power. Every hour spent in this state requires a Vigor check to avoid gaining a Fatigue level.
  • 9.) Fate’s Beggining: Fate has decreed that you go back to the beggning of your journey and in an instant gain new insights: the Hero gains two Novice Rank Edges. He must meet all other qualifications for the Edges in question. Any Edges that provide Arcane Backgrounds may not be chosen and Background Edges must meet with GM approval.
  • 10.) Blood of Fate: A Hero with this Edge may, on any round they receive a face card (Jack or higher) for initiative, spend a benny to gain the benefits of a Joker.
  • 11.) Fate Unmoved: This grants the Hero the Fearless Monstrous Ability; as well, he gains +4 on any Trait roll to resist the Puppet Power.
  • 12.) Fate never Rests: A hero suffers no Fatigue penalties. They can still be Incapacitated by Fatigue, they just don't suffer penalties; they go at full capacity until they drop.
Attachments
AF1DE13A-C1DF-46B0-A878-BE29DACFE9D8.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

F&G 6
[dice:a9t76y90]44443:0[/dice:a9t76y90] - +1 die to Spirit and Strong Willed
Looking at the goblet of...WATER?!? in his hands, Hans shrugs and downs it at once. Suddenly he feels his mind fortified.

Too bad it had to taste like water... why couldn't it have tasted like fine Dwarven Ale?!? Oh well, I will take the reward I was given and be happy. If it was a Dwarven God, I KNOW it would have tasted like fine Dwarven Ale.
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

OOC Comments
Screen Shot of EP Log sent to Jon
[dice:15dcyca8]44444:0[/dice:15dcyca8] Bumped to 5 with EP spent on mistake earlier
Smart and Learned: Your hero adds one die type to Smarts and begins with a d6
in any three Smarts-linked skills.
Drinking from the goblet Humble thanks the woman for her generosity. as the drink work into his bones he feels a change he does not understand come over him. But understanding has never been his strong suit, he knows the change will help him in the future.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Jitters

Post by Jitters »

[dice:33hs4zgw]44445:0[/dice:33hs4zgw]
OOC Comments
I misread the instructions
Re-roll [dice:33hs4zgw]44445:1[/dice:33hs4zgw]
Flip the table +4
2 Hero's Journey rolls
Training 16
[dice:33hs4zgw]44445:2[/dice:33hs4zgw]
Improved Frenzy
Training 3
[dice:33hs4zgw]44445:3[/dice:33hs4zgw]
2 points to Shooting, 3 to Throwing
Jitters accepts the drink and feels a feeling he can't describe course through his body. He finds his ability to estimate distances between things seems to have improved while his limbs are more sure in their ability to strike quickly.
Last edited by Jitters on Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Jitters
Jitters
Pace: 16; Parry: 11; Toughness: 22 (11); Strain: 1(?)

Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
JA-11 Energy Rifle (30/60/120, 3d6, RoF 1, AP 2, Shots 60, 7 lbs, Special)
  • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)
ISP: 20/30
Bennies: 3 Red 5 Regular

Encumberance: 56 lbs/84 lbs

Alts: Pvt. Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Enemy
Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM's choice becomes your character's sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting Now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is "retired".
Better You Than Me
Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

OOC Comments
Screen Shot of EP Log sent to Jon
[dice:3nl947sm]44446:0[/dice:3nl947sm] Going to spend EP to turn this into 12 on F&G WRONG TABLE EDIT TO COME
Choose Your Fate: Select any other result on this table, or gain two rolls on the Hero’s Journey tables of your choice.

Training [dice:3nl947sm]44446:1[/dice:3nl947sm]

Training [dice:3nl947sm]44446:2[/dice:3nl947sm]
Ndreare is suspicious of the situation as he goes forward watching carefully he focuses his vision and analyzes the liquid. Unable to see anything other than the holy nature of the liquid and its ability to magnify the recipient in wondrous ways. But not ways he can clearly define. Cautiously he drinks from the cup and quietly thanks the woman who though he cannot see, he assumes watches.

But the story did not end there. As he begins to walk away to return to his seat he finds his mind racing, spinning along paths he has explored so many times through his spells, spinning into the paths of fate itself solidifying in his mind somehow those experiences. He remembers training, and time spent on efforts he had previously neglected.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Raynard Lucas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Raynard Lucas »

OOC Comments
[dice:2lf1f0ib]44447:0[/dice:2lf1f0ib]
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

[dice:1g9iu8wf]44448:0[/dice:1g9iu8wf]
Reroll (got that): [dice:1g9iu8wf]44448:1[/dice:1g9iu8wf]

Krys is impressed and moves over to Vela, giving her a slight hug. "Good job my friend."
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Vela stiffens a little at the unexpected contact, but relaxes after a moment and pushes her face against Krys' hair.

Then, something like awe on her face, she reaches up to accept the gift. The spirits she called don't fade away like usual, but rather fan out behind her to see this moment, something like pride etched over their faces.

Fate would tell what came of it all.

(Rollin'! The dice shall decide! [dice:1hdcfvrk]44449:0[/dice:1hdcfvrk] F&G and [dice:1hdcfvrk]44449:1[/dice:1hdcfvrk] Fate!)

The orb melts into her hand, and for a moment Vela's flesh seems to become pale and translucent, like living starlight. The spirits glance at one another and move towards her. She turns to face them and hesitantly reaches out to take one's hand. She has become like them in that moment.

The largest of the werejaguar spirits leans down to murmur, 'spiritwalker' to her, and her eyes widen.

Then the spirits each stream away, back into the world beyond...and Vela steps back across the veil, becoming solid once again.
Last edited by Vela on Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human

Jaguar

Hybrid

Combat Edges:
Kir Gloryspirit
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

[dice:d36ysyuo]44450:0[/dice:d36ysyuo] Charming and Well-Traveled: Your hero begins with the Charismatic and I
Know a Guy Edges.

Kir drinks deeply, trusting in this being and her gifts. As the liquid seeps into his body, and more importantly - soul, Kir feels more connected to Asnir than ever before. Those nearby can feel an aura of warmth and strength from the Mystic that makes them want to talk to him and help him.

The mystic bows to Epim and says, "We thank you. Our connection with Asnir had been weakened, and now it feels as if his power is overflowing from this vessel. Your gift is much appreciated."
Last edited by Kir Gloryspirit on Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

F&G
[dice:32jh15au]44451:0[/dice:32jh15au]
Grynn was surprised by the appearance of something...otherworldly, though he supposed he shouldn't have been. Epim. He didn't think he'd heard that name before, but he would definitely remember it. He shifted back to his human form as he touched back down on the floor, and a goblet appeared in his hands. His eyes widened and a smile curled his lips a bit.

He raised the glass in honor to his companion, "To Vela! To fate, fortune, and glory, where ever they may lead us!" He then drank the water.
Grynn
Character Summary
Active effects:

Wounds:

Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

F&G
[dice:1tc6pdtg]44453:0[/dice:1tc6pdtg] Rich & Well-Connected
Body Armor HJ Rolls [dice:1tc6pdtg]44453:1[/dice:1tc6pdtg]
As the woman departs, a glow descends upon Libertas, infusing his armor, giving it a naturalistic coloration. He blinks, reaching into his pocket, and finds a credstick and a note, which he reads, smiles, and tucks away.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Penitent F&G
[dice:22fythun]44458:0[/dice:22fythun] = A Mighty Weapon
Roll originally was for Cantrell, but Pender was good with me switching them.
Battle Fury Blade for Karl!
Penitent and Audrey are still in their room entertaining themselves when the glowing woman shows up. When they finally make it to the common room, they find Karl regaling a table full of drunks with tales of his own prowess, as well as Penitent’s naked face-off with the swarm.

”Papa! Papa! Look what the nice lady gave me after the nasty nanite swarm got cleaned up!” he says, holding up a black iron sword, half again as long as Karl is tall and covered in fiery, glowing runes.

”I think it’s even bigger than yours. I’m gonna be a big hero!”
9E98E498-C883-4C02-9FC6-C4DB7C051F5D.jpeg
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell F&G
[dice:1vrq1qtl]44459:0[/dice:1vrq1qtl] = Spiritual and Determined. Since Cantrell already has this, I'll add +1d to Spirit and Killer Instinct instead of Strong-Willed?

Bemused, Cantrell takes a swig from the goblet and feels her resolve strengthen even further. The Family, Dweomer, all this timey-wimey bullshit ... the 13th will handle it all, she's sure. But first, back to the sauna with Ashlyn. And maybe a bottle of tequila -- she's heard the nun is fond of it.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Fortune & Glory
[dice:1dsp4btq]44511:0[/dice:1dsp4btq] A Mighty Weapon
Witchwell Inn
Evening
Round 0

Jude stared at the beautiful goddess -- literally -- who came out of the light as the inn reset. He nodded to her respectfully. He looked down at the goblet in his hand and lifted it in salute before drinking it down. When he was finished, Jude looked down to see blue swirls of magic runes appear along his rifle.

“Interesting.”
Mission Objectives
Sent by temporal ghost Bane to Dweomer to retrieve the Valent Blade to cut Earth off from bad timey-wimey stuff caused by all the temporal mucking..
Get something that belongs to Lord Dunscon.
Trade caravan with dog boy crazies to Stormspire.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards

Return to “The Witchwell Inn”