Panther Modern Internet Cafe'

Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Panther Modern Internet Cafe'

Post by Stoic »

Panther Modern: Internet Cafe'

In a busy part of town right next to the Univerity of Kingsdale is a small internet cafe above a coffee shop. After taking the elevator up you see a decent sized room (approximately 50 x 50 ft) crammed full of computer stations. Many of the people have headphones on, typing away but a fair amount are engaged in some sort of holographic underwater battle royale type game. Immediately to the right of the elevator is a counter with a smiling young woman. She is typing at a terminal and a cred card reader indicates that this is where you would rent a terminal from. There is a list of prices on the counter. Most of the people seem to have brought coffee from the shop below, and you see a bank envelope tube type system that allows people to order from the coffee shop and have it sent up to the internet cafe.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Tsuchiya Rika
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Panther Modern Internet Cafe'

Post by Tsuchiya Rika »

Notice 5, Streetwise 9, Stealth 11
Notice: [dice:aippinjd]43438:0[/dice:aippinjd]
Spirit: [dice:aippinjd]43438:1[/dice:aippinjd]

Scrounger
Streetwise: [dice:aippinjd]43438:2[/dice:aippinjd] (+2 Investigator, +2 HJ)
Wild: [dice:aippinjd]43438:3[/dice:aippinjd]
Acquired [dice:aippinjd]43438:4[/dice:aippinjd]*2000=38000 Creds

Hiding her wand.
Stealth: [dice:aippinjd]43438:5[/dice:aippinjd] ace: [dice:aippinjd]43438:7[/dice:aippinjd]
Wild: [dice:aippinjd]43438:6[/dice:aippinjd]
Gear
Cherrywood Wand
Talisman of Omoikane
Expulsion Talismans
Ki Masking charms
Ki Disruption / Field Talismans
Rika shows up at the Panther much earlier than she told Johnny to meet her there. She is wearing trendy college girl clothing with a nerdy twist to them. She deftly tucks her wand away to hide it from prying eyes.

When she opens the door she smiles a bit, a sight her teammates might not have yet have been graced with. Without her trademark scowl and brusque demeaner, Rika is surprisingly attractive if not quite a head turner.

Rika approaches the lady at the terminal and smiles at her, leans against the counter, points at the holographic battle game and asks, "Hi! Can I try that over there? That looks soo fun!"

She pays the fees, and signs up for any accounts as Rika Tsuchiya. Rika picks a game with more guys than girls and asks them, "Heyyy, this looks super fun! Can you show me how it works?"

When she steps into the game, her avatar is quite different than her. It is named Ritsu, much taller than her, with long hair and above average figure with cute-sy magical girl anime clothing
OOC Comments
Similiar to this for you non-anime folk.
After her new "friends" show her the controls, she says, "Coool! How about we make it a little more fun? Whoever wins the next round gets free coffee! I'd looove a double mocha frappe!"

Each round she manipulates the betting to get more and more intense, and she slowly drops the college girl airhead demeanor. Several hours later the bets have gone from drinks and snacks to credits. At first she won her games through "luck," but as the rounds continue and she comes out on top each time, more and more skilled players take her on.

Finally, the stakes are up to 38000 credits and Rika is back to her brusque self. Several of the well known regulars step up to take her on.

"38000" Rika states, tossing them a credstick with her portion of the bet, "Pay up or step off."

The crowd around them swells and someone murmurs, "they cant let a girl beat them!"

Someone else says, "This is their spot. They have to do it, man."

The challengers pay up, and the game starts. The other players are well co-ordinated, and its not a fair free for all. Rika grew up with these kinds of games, though, and spent as much time playing them as training to be an exorcist. It takes all her skill, but Rika barely scrapes through the match and takes the prize.

Sweaty from stress and exertion, she shouts, "Hah! Better luck next time. I'll be in town for a while, maybe double or nothing some other time, huh?"

Rika finds an empty seat in the Panther and orders a drink and chats with passerbys, her new fans and rivals, and anyone else who wants to chat up a pretty "college girl," all in hopes of gleaning some information about the signal Johnny discovered.
Streetwise 19
Streetwise [dice:aippinjd]43438:8[/dice:aippinjd] Ace: [dice:aippinjd]43438:10[/dice:aippinjd](+2 Investigator, +2 HJ)
Wild: [dice:aippinjd]43438:9[/dice:aippinjd]
Tsuchiya Rika, M.A.R.S Rogue "Enchantress"
Rika, Human Exorcist
Pace: 6; Parry: 5(0) Toughness: 17(8)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Arcane Resistance: +2 Armor vs damaging Magic/Psionics and +2 to Trait rolls to resist opposing powers (Friendly powers are at -2) (+3/-3 total from Patron Item)
    Battle Hardened: +2 to Soak rolls
    FEP: Fully sealed systems; Self-contained breathing; immunity to temperature extremes, radiation, vacuum, poisons, and disease; and other self-regulating life support systems)
    Master Exorcist: First raise on Spellcasting reduces PPE cost by 2, and by 1 per additional raise
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; PPE: 11/15
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards
  • 15: Sudden Death - Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
  • 36: Power Surge - Immediately recover all spent Power Points.
Edit Signature
Tim Gates
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tim Gates »

Tim goes with Johnny to the internet cafe and when they get there he lets Johnny take the lead. Tim isn't very familiar with all the latest technology.

"Do they have all kinds of sites you can log onto here?", he asks Johnny. "I like to look at all the different sites you can go to. The homepage for Tobin's Encyclopedia is pretty cool, it has all these little animated images and even plays music when you log on."

Tim looks around at all the oddities and then takes a look at what is listed on the menu. And while they're out of earshot he asks Johnny, whispering, "So what do we need to check out here?"
Tim Gates, Ley Line Walker
Tim Gates, Human, Ley Line Walker
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13 (7)
  • HJ Magic and Mysticism (18): Your hero gains +2 damage when using direct damage spells and TW weapons.
  • HJ Magic and Mysticism (17): All damage-dealing spells do Mega Damage, and ones which normally do Mega Damage gain +5 AP
  • DS-2 TW Exploratory Armor (Patron Item)
    OOC Comments
    This suit of light armor is based off of a rare pre-rifts design of space exploration armor. A reclusive Techno-Wizard found a small cache of the suits on a trip to Dinosaur Swamp and modified them to make a hardy, land-based survival suit for exploration. Only a few dozen of these suits are known to exist, and somehow have come into the hands of adventurers.
    • +7 Armor
    • Strength increase of one die type.
    • Full Environment Protection
    • Integrated Multi-Optics suite with night and thermal vision mode for vision. It also can act as a pair of binoculars with a two-mile range. This digitally enhanced optic system provides infrared overlays, crosshair targeting, and real-time digital output of distance and estimated travel times to targeted locations. It also provides +2 on all ranged attacks.
    • HUD with all around cameras. Allows wearer to view 6 info or camera screens while still being able to see what is going on in front of them. This grants the Danger Sense Edge. If the character already has the Danger sense Edge, then it removes the -2 penalty to the Notice roll when using Danger Sense.
    • Built-In Radio Transceiver (20 mile range)
    • Multi-purpose Flight/Swim Mobility Pack: The flight pack has a two mobility modes. Each must be activated separately. In essence, they both use the Flight Power, but one is only usable underwater.
    • Outside of a ley line, DS-2 TW Exploratory Armor requires 1 Power Point per hour to function; without this, the weight quadruples, the Armor value drops to +3, and no other functions work. (15 lb)
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
Edit Signature
Johnny Jones
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Johnny Jones »

Notice 6, Psionics 8, Investigation 10, -2 Power Points
Notice [dice:3onm7y82]43922:0[/dice:3onm7y82]
Wild [dice:3onm7y82]43922:1[/dice:3onm7y82]
Psionics [dice:3onm7y82]43922:2[/dice:3onm7y82]
Wild [dice:3onm7y82]43922:3[/dice:3onm7y82]
Investigation [dice:3onm7y82]43922:4[/dice:3onm7y82]
Wild [dice:3onm7y82]43922:5[/dice:3onm7y82]
After finishing his work on the cleaning droid, Johnny and Tim head over to the Panther Modern Internet Cafe’ to investigate the mysterious message. On the way there, Johnny tells Tim all about the internet and about other “adult educational research sites”. “The interwebs is endless, you would be amazed at the stuff you can find. When we get there let me take the lead, I already got his username, Ultra Lazer. Should be easy, actually I could've done this at the warehouse but I felt like getting some fresh air.”

Arriving just before 1300, they watch Rika win her match. “She's not bad, wonder how she'd do in a real tournament and not this hippie bar?” Johnny says to Tim as they walk to the counter. Johnny sets up an account for Tim and finds him a computer in the corner. Johnny sets up his laptop next to Tim and using his telemechanics, connects to the cafes wi-fi. Poor encryption and shitty security. Johnny thinks as he easily connects to the cafes server and searches for anything about Ultra Lazer and the message.
Last edited by Johnny Jones on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Jones, Psi-Operator
Johnny Jones, Human, Psi-Operator
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 5
  • Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of wound penalties.
  • ED-5 “Plastic-Man” Light Security Armor: +4 Armor, no Strength Minimum.
  • Vibro-Knife: Str+d6 MD, AP 4
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP: 30/30
Bennies: 4/4
Adventure Cards
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

After her admirers come and go one of the people Rika played against, a well dressed man, comes up to her with a worried expression. "Ms... Ms. Rika? You're a hell of a player, hell of a player." He wrings his hands together "I think I know the answer to this already, really I do... but is there anyway we can play again? I need to try to win some of my money back... I know you have no obligation to do so of course, but if I don't repay some of the money that I borrowed I'm in serious trouble here... please?" Rika recalls this particular young man leaving multiple times during her various matches. The 10k he lost to her must have come at least in part from some unsavory loan shark, she would guess. Another thing she recalls is that this young man seemed to be very familiar with all of the customers of the cafe, more than likely he would recognize any regular and probably even have some valuable information.

Johnny Jones sits down at one of the terminals and within moments has not only traced exactly which computer was used to send the city wide e-mail, but he also has a video of the person sending it. They walked in directly to the terminal, typed for about a minute or so, connected to the terminal with an external drive, then left. Johnny does this so quickly that his coffee arrives just in time for him to relax and watch Rika entertain her newfound audience.

Tim desperately looks for a private terminal in order to test out his newly acquired information.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Tim Gates
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tim Gates »

Johnny Jones wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:06 pm After finishing his work on the cleaning droid, Johnny and Tim head over to the Panther Modern Internet Cafe’ to investigate the mysterious message. On the way there, Johnny tells Tim all about the internet and about other “adult educational research sites”. “The interwebs is endless, you would be amazed at the stuff you can find. When we get there let me take the lead, I already got his username, Ultra Lazer. Should be easy, actually I could've done this at the warehouse but I felt like getting some fresh air.”
"Ultra Lazer, huh. Sounds like some sort of hacker name." Tim ponders out loud. "See if you can zoom in and enhance. We can probably get a look at his face. Maybe there is someone here, like a regular, who would know the people that come here. If only Rika was helping us investigate instead of playing games, she could help us."
  • HJ Magic and Mysticism (18): Your hero gains +2 damage when using direct damage spells and TW weapons.
  • HJ Magic and Mysticism (17): All damage-dealing spells do Mega Damage, and ones which normally do Mega Damage gain +5 AP
    OOC Comments
    This suit of light armor is based off of a rare pre-rifts design of space exploration armor. A reclusive Techno-Wizard found a small cache of the suits on a trip to Dinosaur Swamp and modified them to make a hardy, land-based survival suit for exploration. Only a few dozen of these suits are known to exist, and somehow have come into the hands of adventurers.
    • +7 Armor
    • Integrated Multi-Optics suite with night and thermal vision mode for vision. It also can act as a pair of binoculars with a two-mile range. This digitally enhanced optic system provides infrared overlays, crosshair targeting, and real-time digital output of distance and estimated travel times to targeted locations. It also provides +2 on all ranged attacks.
    • HUD with all around cameras. Allows wearer to view 6 info or camera screens while still being able to see what is going on in front of them. This grants the Danger Sense Edge. If the character already has the Danger sense Edge, then it removes the -2 penalty to the Notice roll when using Danger Sense.
    • Multi-purpose Flight/Swim Mobility Pack: The flight pack has a two mobility modes. Each must be activated separately. In essence, they both use the Flight Power, but one is only usable underwater.
    • Outside of a ley line, DS-2 TW Exploratory Armor requires 1 Power Point per hour to function; without this, the weight quadruples, the Armor value drops to +3, and no other functions work. (15 lb)
Adventure Cards
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Once Johhny enhances the photo, he gets a very clear picture of the man. Tim notices that he's actually in the cafe right now, talking to Rika.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Johnny Jones
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Johnny Jones »

Psionics 6, Investigation 8, -4 Power Points
Psionics [dice:35yvhd3h]44010:0[/dice:35yvhd3h]
Wild [dice:35yvhd3h]44010:1[/dice:35yvhd3h]
Investigation [dice:35yvhd3h]44010:2[/dice:35yvhd3h]
Wild [dice:35yvhd3h]44010:3[/dice:35yvhd3h]
“Yeah you're right Tim, that's him over there.” Johnny says to Tim after he points out the man Rika is talking to. Using his exalted telepathy, Johnny makes a connection with Rika and Tim. Hey Rika, that dude you're talking to is the one who sent the message. Johnny sends her a mental image of the photo. How do you want to handle this, you can respond to this message. I'm gonna leave this connection open as I get more info about him. Leaving his telepathy active, Johnny uses his telemechanics and the enhanced photo to find all the info he can about the man.
Adventure Cards
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
Tim Gates
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tim Gates »

"Let me check and see if we got any magic going on in here, I'm sure I'll detect something, I mean we're all magical so at least I'll pick up on that." Tim says telepathically.

Tim casts Detect Arcana and looks around the room, and checks out the suspect as well.

Detect Arcana (13) 0 PPE
Spellcasting: [dice:3sd8shgg]44012:0[/dice:3sd8shgg]
Wild Die: [dice:3sd8shgg]44012:1[/dice:3sd8shgg]
Wild Die Explosion: [dice:3sd8shgg]44012:2[/dice:3sd8shgg]
Last edited by Tim Gates on Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 8 times in total.
    OOC Comments
    • +7 Armor
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Tim doesn't detect any magic.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Tim Gates
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tim Gates »

"I'm not detecting any magic in here. I'll go stand by the counter and order some drinks and keep my eyes on this guy in case he leaves. Anyone want anything?" Tim says telepathically. He gets up and heads over to the counter to order some drinks, keeping the suspect in his peripheral vision the entire time.

At the counter Tim looks over the menu and tries to decipher the strange names of the drinks which seem to be in a language that is a mash up of Italian and Techno-Can. He tries to find a drink that doesn't contain coffee.

"Don't they have chocolate milk here?" Tim thinks to himself. "That would really hit the spot."
    OOC Comments
    • +7 Armor
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Tsuchiya Rika
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tsuchiya Rika »

Rika smiles at the young man and greets him, "Hello, it sounds like you're in a tough spot, huh?"

After hearing Johnny's transmission, Rika turns away from the well dressed man and flicks her hair. While her face is turned, she whispers trough the comms, "Noted."

Then she speaks to the target, "Well, I would hate for you to get in trouble over this. Tell you, what, if you can help me I'll help you. I'm trying to find a well dressed young man who came here two days ago. He accessed the local internet and posted some anti-D-Bee propaganda to the local intranet from here."

Rika watches his reaction and says, "If you could tell me why he uploaded that information to the internet, and who else is involved, I could give you 5000 to help you out. If you could give me detailed information, like names and places they frequent, I could give you another 2000. If the information isn't good, though, no deal. And, we'll be seeing more of each other, I'm sure."
Rika, Human Exorcist
  • Arcane Resistance: +2 Armor vs damaging Magic/Psionics and +2 to Trait rolls to resist opposing powers (Friendly powers are at -2) (+3/-3 total from Patron Item)
    FEP: Fully sealed systems; Self-contained breathing; immunity to temperature extremes, radiation, vacuum, poisons, and disease; and other self-regulating life support systems)
    Master Exorcist: First raise on Spellcasting reduces PPE cost by 2, and by 1 per additional raise
Adventure Cards
  • 15: Sudden Death - Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

The young man smiles glumly. "Yeah, I was pretty dumb back there huh? I kept thinking I could get you but... well, you know the results. He grins sheepishly. As he hears Rika discuss the offer his eyes shine with greed. "Oh yeah? That sounds like a good deal. I mean to be honest with you, I'm probably the best hacker in this whole town, definitely this place. I could do something like that in no time. There are definitely a few others I could point you to, but no offense, they're friends and that's now how we do it, ya know? I wish I could help you, but I can't. Is there anyway I could uh, you know like get a loan? I borrowed that money from some pretty unsavory types and I'd rather owe you than them." He gives Rika his best smile.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Tsuchiya Rika
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tsuchiya Rika »

'Johnny, Tim, be prepared to assist. Subtlety is not my finest quality. I am going to try another approach.'

Rika smiles at the young man while hes prattling. When he finishes speaking she says, "Well, I understand not giving your friends up. The guy I'm looking for, though, actually looks just like you, so it shouldn't be a problem then, should it?"
Rika, Human Exorcist
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

The young man furrows his brow in confusion, clearly surprised at what Rika has said. "Just like me? I don't know anyone that looks like me at all. Do you happen to have a picture?"
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Tsuchiya Rika
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tsuchiya Rika »

Rika smiles at him and says, "I'm sure I do somewhere..."

She rummages about in her pockets as if she had something to show him, buying time to communicate with Johnny.

"Johnny, you're up. Show him the video you found. Otherwise, I'm just going to start shooting him with my wand. Then he's going to scream, and I'd feel a little better, but then everything would get more complicated."
Rika, Human Exorcist
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Tim Gates
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tim Gates »

Tim reaches into his pocket as if to grab his credstick but instead cups his boading balls in case something breaks out.

"I'm watching the situatuon from the counter and I'm ready to whip my balls out if something goes down." Tim says over the link.
    OOC Comments
    • +7 Armor
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Johnny Jones
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Johnny Jones »

Tsuchiya Rika wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:20 pm"Johnny, you're up. Show him the video you found. Otherwise, I'm just going to start shooting him with my wand. Then he's going to scream, and I'd feel a little better, but then everything would get more complicated."
"Got it and try not to shoot him... yet."
Tim Gates wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:56 pm"I'm watching the situatuon from the counter and I'm ready to whip my balls out if something goes down."
"I'm going in, hold on tight to those balls and let him have it if he tries to bolt."

Grabbing is laptop, Johnny walks over to the man Rika is talking to and stands next to him. “Hello there.” Johnny says as he sets the laptop down and opens the lid. “We know you sent this message from this cafe.” Johnny shows him the message on the laptop and plays the video on a continuous loop. “And from the looks of it you are also responsible for the bomb.” Johnny then plays the video of the bomb going off on a loop. “Now is your chance to explain yourself and tell us everything you know, before things get real ugly. So i suggest you start talking.”
Adventure Cards
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

The young man starts to get agitated as the newcomer boxes him in. "What is this, some kind of shakedown?" He looks to Rika, getting angry. "Didn't you take enough of my money? Now you're going to frame me for something I didn't even do?" a few of the patrons look toward the trio.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Johnny Jones
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Johnny Jones »

“Whoa now, we don't care about your money so calm down.” Johnny calmly sits down next to him. “All we want is information, and seeing that you lost most, if not all your creds to my friend here, maybe a little compensation is in order for any relevant info you might have. Johnny points to the surveillance video on the laptop still playing on a loop. Here you are clearly shown sending the message claiming responsibility for the bombing. So if it wasn't you that planted the bomb, then who did and why did you send that message? Also tell us all you know about The Friends of the Skull”

“Tim, how's your chocolate milk? This guy looks like he's about to run, keep an eye on him. And Rika, if this guy doesn't cooperate, I say just shoot him with that wand. What does that wand even do?” Johnny says over the telepathic connection.
Adventure Cards
Tsuchiya Rika
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tsuchiya Rika »

'It makes you believe you have been blasted by energy, including excruciatingly unbearable pain. I do not harm sentients. However, I have no qualms with convincingly making them believe they have been harmed in self defense situations. In my experience, it proves to be a powerful deterrent. '
Rika, Human Exorcist
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Johnny Jones
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Johnny Jones »

Tsuchiya Rika wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:54 pm 'It makes you believe you have been blasted by energy, including excruciatingly unbearable pain. I do not harm sentients. However, I have no qualms with convincingly making them believe they have been harmed in self defense situations. In my experience, it proves to be a powerful deterrent. '
"Ah, well that sounds cool. Can you make him only feel pain or other feelings too? Either way, I'd love to see it work. If he keeps up the attitude, then maybe shoot him with it... Or we can let him leave and have Tim follow him and get him somewhere less crowded with less witnesses. I don't think he knows that Tim is with us." Johnny says telepathically, waiting for the man's response.
Adventure Cards
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

The young man's face turns red, he's clearly had enough. "I'm telling you, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!" a silence washes over the patrons. He makes a come-hither gesture and half a dozen similarly dressed city rat types stand up, his crew obviously.
OOC Comments
What are you doing? If it's a fight, we will do initiatives. If you let him go, roll a tracking roll to follow him and his crew. Are you doing something else? Well go ahead, just roll in here.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Tim Gates
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tim Gates »

Johnny Jones wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:28 am “Tim, how's your chocolate milk? This guy looks like he's about to run, keep an eye on him. And Rika, if this guy doesn't cooperate, I say just shoot him with that wand. What does that wand even do?” Johnny says over the telepathic connection.
Tim slowly sips his chocolate milk and make a long slurping sound and then stirs it, jingling the spoon around in the mug for what seems like minutes.

“Mmm, it's pretty good. Could use more sugar.” Tim says over telepathy. “These guys look like trouble. We might have to pull the ol' 'Carnage At Calmville' up in here. Though I don't think Rika is familiar with that scenario.”

“Whatever you guys do, I got your backs.”

Tim reaches into his pocket and cups his balls in anticipation of a fight.
    OOC Comments
    • +7 Armor
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Johnny Jones
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Johnny Jones »

“Ya, that might be a little extreme Tim and alot of clean up. We might want to just let him go and follow him. He's clearly not gonna talk. Probably shouldn't shoot him either Rika, unless you really want to.” Johnny responds via telepathy. “Ok, seems like a big misunderstanding going on here, but everything's cool no need to freak out. You're obviously not involved, even though it looks exactly like you in the video.” Johnny says to the man as he closes his laptop. “So then I'll leave you two to it, bidet.” Johnny says as he puts the laptop away into his backpack, nods and heads for the door. "I'm heading back to the Canyonero and suiting up. Let me know what happens, I can help follow him or whatever else you decide to do when I'm done.” Leaving the Panther, Johnny jumps in the back of the team vehicle that he parked around back and starts quickly putting on his armor.
Adventure Cards
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

A signal is sent to each computer in the cafe and they all turn over to a news report.

A timestamp flashes, showing that this was recording about four hours ago. The image is of a man who could use a good shave standing outside of a white luxury hovercar laying on its side. The door is torn off and the viewer can see spots of blood spread underneath it. The camera zooms in on a message scrawled on the hood in what appears to be blood. "Die Coalition Pigs!" it reads. The camera turns to the man once again and letters underneath his face identify him as Marion "Mad dog" MacGuffin.
"Good afternoon. I am live on the scene, about 5 miles outside of the city of Whykin." The images switches to a graphic of a city titled as Whykin, a little dot close to it. "Councilman John Ryder and his family were murdered by what appears to be pro Kingsdale bandits." The camera zooms in again on the bloodstains, and the words scrawled onto the side of the hovercar. "The Whykin city council have called for an emergency meeting and vow to not let this action slide. We will update this story as it develops."

The message goes into a repeat, as it the customary fashion of displaying news reports.
Each member of the group with the means to do so immediately receives a message from Helga on their computer/communicator demanding a call as soon as possible. While the group is about to respond, a loud crack is heard overhead. Most of the bar goes outside and everyone sees a dozen Super Samas and another dozen Skycycles slowly flying over the city in a show of force. They are flying high enough to be out of range of most personal weapons, but are clearly doing this as an intimidation tactic. The group passes over the city without incident.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Tsuchiya Rika
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tsuchiya Rika »

Rika shrugs and says, "Maybe that guy who looks exactly like you is someone else. Either way, my offer stands. If you need to make your money back, help us figure out who this guy is. Get us in touch with him or get us info on anyone they're working with and you get extra."

When the news feed takes over the cafe, Rika uses the mind link to tell Johnny, "Get a copy of that. This video could contain some kind of clue, I assume Helga will want us involved in this."

The news feed goes on repeat and Rika eyes her well-dressed friend. When he and his crew begin trickling out, she follows them discretely. She tries to keep close enough to hear what they're talking about but not at the risk of being detected.

She tells Tim and Johnny, "Ill follow our guy and see if he leads me anywhere interesting. Catch up when you can."
Stealth 9
Stealth: [dice:3pdjzyiy]46133:0[/dice:3pdjzyiy] (+2 Thief)
EE: [dice:3pdjzyiy]46133:2[/dice:3pdjzyiy]
Wild: [dice:3pdjzyiy]46133:1[/dice:3pdjzyiy]
Rika, Human Exorcist
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Tim Gates
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tim Gates »

Tsuchiya Rika wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:50 am When the news feed takes over the cafe, Rika uses the mind link to tell Johnny, "Get a copy of that. This video could contain some kind of clue, I assume Helga will want us involved in this."

She tells Tim and Johnny, "Ill follow our guy and see if he leads me anywhere interesting. Catch up when you can."
"I'll follow behind you at a distance." Tim says over the link as Rika leaves the cafe. "I'm switching over to comms."

Tim waits a moment after Rika leaves and then starts following the guy as well, at a distance and keeping clear of Rika, so as not to be easily noticed. He keeps his eyes peeled for anyone else following, and watches where they are going.

Boost/Lower Trait (Stealth) 4 PPE (7)
Spellcasting: [dice:2gnt6mo8]46612:0[/dice:2gnt6mo8]
Wild Die: [dice:2gnt6mo8]46612:1[/dice:2gnt6mo8]
Stealth (5)
Stealth: [dice:2gnt6mo8]46612:2[/dice:2gnt6mo8]
Wild Die: [dice:2gnt6mo8]46612:3[/dice:2gnt6mo8]
    OOC Comments
    • +7 Armor
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Tim Gates
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tim Gates »

Tim's voice cracks over the group radio. "I'm gonna have to turn back RIka, I'm sticking out here like a sore thumb. I'm gonna meet up with everyone else and see what Helga wants." Tim changes direction and moves away, perpendicular to Rika, in case anyone is following him.

"Where are you guys meeting up," Tim says to the rest of the group, over the radio. "I'm heading back now."
    OOC Comments
    • +7 Armor
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

OOC Comments
I suppose until he makes it home, or somewhere more interesting. If he's just derping around for several hours, then I could call it off and do something useful for my time]
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Tsuchiya Rika
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Tsuchiya Rika »

Rika follows the group for roughly an hour, keeping to the shadows and in crowds. They stop at a convenience store to get some snacks. They sit down and eat, playing some game on their handheld computers. Finally, they head into the college and Rika sighs.
Ulithrax wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:14 pm At Ulithrax's direction, Arvalis radios the internet cafe crew. "We're recirculating back to the warehouse to meet with Helga. Might have some prep work for later. You guys ever find anything?"
Rika whispers into her comms, "Copy. Not much going on here. I imagine my tail will be occupied for some time, anyhow. I will rendezvous shortly."

'Tim, Johnny. Lets head back to the warehouse. This isn't going anywhere.'
Rika, Human Exorcist
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature

Return to “24th COT Adventure Forum”