Adventures of the 13th SET
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Part 3.5 Spector of Dweomer: The Journey

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:54 pm
Reminder: Jitters gets +5 bennies
Note: Most of the cyber knight conversation is over the comm channel so everyone can hear.
Part 1: Choices at Devil’s Road. The Whitchwell Inn is soon left behind a distant memory probably never to be returned to by the group of intrepid heroes. After about three hours of travel and no sign of any CS patrol Cyber Knight Seth Merihk slows the Zone down. The group it seems has reached a three pronged fork in the road. He peers out the windshield and hops on the comms grim and dour as usual, ” Welcome to the Devil’s road...” With the name so invoked a variety of skeletons that litter the landscape here seemed to writhe and roll. Then they settled in like some kind of large boney grave yard. Some are clearly large and not from this earth. Others are a bit more terrifying and do indeed look like vestiges of demons and deevils. The sight itself is not enough to make one have a heart attack but perhaps make ones blood freeze or hair turn white.

Knight Zee Hail even breathes wordlessly, ” I have never seen such a sight, why have you taken us here Merihk?”

The knight known as the Oathbreaker nods, ” I take us here so we can know our mission more fully. This is a place where such things turn into sharp focus.”

Mac Maverick struggles against his tight bonds while nestled between two female soldiers. Zee Hail holds him down whispering, ” Now non of that, we must not have babies born.” The gagged Mac seems to say a muffled Fuck you!

Over the comms Knight Merikh looks out into the skeleton graveyard and highlights the three ways, ” The most direct is to the east. There... We head over the water and under the leyline. It will take us by Merc Town, near Dunscon’s place of power The City of Brass, then on to Stomspire, then north up to Dweomer. A week’s trip at the most through the most trecherous and heart of the Federation of Magic.” The knight shuddered both visibly as well as auditory at the mention of the river. He voices his concerns, ” I was stationed many years at the rivers banks. Trust me when I tell you folly awaits those who try to cross it. Many Zone rangers, boats, even Mountaineers at the relatively shallow parts were torn apart faster than Jitter’s runs. Something lurks in those waters that I would not tempt. Sky craft have faired almost worse, it is an imminent danger to fly through the layline that stretches as high, and wide as the river runs. Something came out of the Nexus point at Devil’s Gate, and made the line its home... Normally it sleeps but during great events, like the disaperence of Whykin and the nexus that formed when those great water beasts, it usually wakes and travelers are never heard from again.”

After a moment the knight composes himself and comes over the coms again, ” There is a path south of here. A Subterranean race akin to the dwarves that built Castle Refuge only more green skin and bulbous built an underground way. Its entrance is just a little to the south nestled between a rock outcropping. I don’t know much about the way other than it is reportedly the fastest way to Dweomer and would avoid any dangers of the Federation. There may be other untold horrors that await us that way and to be sure we would have to leave the vehicles behind.”

He gestures for those in the Zone to the last path to the north and comes back on the coms, ” Then there is the north path, we would travel following the contour of the river, but not near it, make a wide birth of Devil’s gate into the Valley of Thunder. I know a golden age weapon smithy that could upgrade some of your gear. He owes me a favor and it is about time I cash it in. Then head due east into the federation of Magic passing by Psyscape, and finally ending in Dweomer. I have made this trip three times before and I know its route best. But it is the longest of the three. Probably a two week journey, maybe more if we stumble into a CS patrol and cannot talk our way out.”

He looks out again to the bone graveyard and grips the wheel ready to head for the direction the group chooses.

Zee Hail too glances at the three paths looking deep into the skeletal remains of a thornhead demon and his left eye turns from a deep dark blue into one that is all gleaming white. The Knight breathes with aprehension holding the CS soldiers down, ” Is there no other way? Must our path start from such an ill omen?” Mac is looking with a bit worried and is struggling to sit up. His eyes go wide when he sees Zee Hail’s left eye go stark white. Mac muffles WTF!

Sir Merihk just smiles darkly at his compatriot, ” Keep their heads down Hail. Few members of the CS ever make it this close to the Devil’s Road and walk away.”
OOC Comments
[dice:2dp9dins]45545:0[/dice:2dp9dins] Wild [dice:2dp9dins]45545:1[/dice:2dp9dins]
[dice:2dp9dins]45545:2[/dice:2dp9dins] Wild [dice:2dp9dins]45545:3[/dice:2dp9dins] Fear table [dice:2dp9dins]45545:4[/dice:2dp9dins]

Directions: Fear Check! Roll that Spirit folks! If you fail consult the fear table and roll a d20.
Then feel free to react and offer up advice on the path you wish to take. I will assume Cantrell will eventually order a course.

Benny Farming: Looks there are three paths, feel free to make up something you heard of about each path that sounds interesting to your character or just you personally. +1 benny per path.

No need for Notice, I got your rolls already set.
Notice:
Jude fail
Libertas fail
Cantrell danger sense success, agility 4
Jitters success.
Attachments
18D0E4AD-85B7-465D-B154-D9C20FEAADFD.png
A2971C20-E438-4CAE-BAAF-DDF263D7AD38.jpeg
52E08F03-9226-4BEF-963A-296EABF1CABB.jpeg
52E08F03-9226-4BEF-963A-296EABF1CABB.jpeg (54.69 KiB) Viewed 18947 times
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Part 3.5 Spector of Dweomer: The Journey

Post by Libertas Magicum »

OOC Comments
Fear [dice:1okhovet]45556:0[/dice:1okhovet]
Wild Spirit [dice:1okhovet]45556:1[/dice:1okhovet]
Lib gets on the radio. "Normally, Boss, I'd suggest the subterranean route, but obviously, that'd mean you and your merry little band down there would be without those of us who stay in the Flyer. And that might get a bit dicey--I've heard that some of the inhabitants of Goblin Road are cannibals. And it sounds like crossing the river's a death-sentence for both craft--and of course, even if we survived that, we'd end up passing near the City of Brass. Along that river, there's entire communities of undead--not just Vampires or Zombies, but more exotic shit, intelligent but soulless abominations, capable of ignoring pain, that actually have some memory of their former lives. That leaves the northern route. But there is one other option--we could swing past Silver Bluff and drop off Silver there for later retrieval, and then take the northern route in the Flyer. We probably would even be able to make up the time lost to extra distance. Of course, that'll mean you need to decide who down there isn't coming along--we've only got room for 8 up here."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Fear 11
Spirit [dice:3598da94]45649:0[/dice:3598da94]
Wild [dice:3598da94]45649:1[/dice:3598da94]
Ace [dice:3598da94]45649:2[/dice:3598da94]
Devil’s Road
Noon
Round 0

Jude listened to Sir Merikh list the options of travel as the Flyer circled above the Zone Ranger.

“Just great,” Jude muttered. “Death, death, or more death! It couldn’t be easy to get to Dweomer, could it?”

Jude considered the last time he’d come through this way. “If we go up the middle, past the City of Brass, we’ll also risk running into one of Dunscon’s Hellhound patrols,” he said. “Dunscon likes to take captured dog boys and possess them with demons, then cyber them up with techno-wizardry. They can sniff out mundane tech like dog boys smell magic. Our TW vehicles will be mostly safe, but Cantrell with all her cyber is going to be like a snausage factory to them.”

Jude thought about the other routes. “I never took the Goblin Road, but I heard stories about it. Past Shadowvillage, about halfway to Stormspire, there is supposed to be a castle where a beautiful Princess Irene lives. She is beseiged by the Goblin Queen’s army, led by her son Prince Harelip, who wants Irene for his bride. They say her faithful knight and defender Curdy wages near constant battle against the goblins to defend the castle. I don’t know how much of the story is true; it’s just what I heard.”

Jude ran a hand through his hair. “On the northern route we risk running into the Magestar Marauders. They’re a magically inclined bandit group that raids the trade roads in the triangle between Psyscape, Magestar, and Dweomer. They are hard to pin down because they operate out of a fadetown somewhere in the triangle. Many are disaffected mind melters fed up with being told they are underpowered.”

Jude pondered Libertas’ suggestion of a run by Silver Bluff. “We could maybe drop off the Coalition soldiers with Jesse and her father at Silver Bluff,” he said. “And doesn’t Flint’s hot wife have a small little queendom somewhere along our route? Might be a safe place to spend a night.”
Mission Objectives
Sent by temporal ghost Bane to Dweomer to retrieve the Valent Blade to cut Earth off from bad timey-wimey stuff caused by all the temporal mucking..
Get something that belongs to Lord Dunscon.
Trade caravan with dog boy crazies to Stormspire.
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Fear check Success
Spirit 1d12+1 +2 for Brave
Spirit [dice:29gd1l0f]45774:0[/dice:29gd1l0f]
Wild [dice:29gd1l0f]45774:1[/dice:29gd1l0f]
Wild [dice:29gd1l0f]45774:2[/dice:29gd1l0f]
"Let's not throw away either of the machines we've got -- walking sucks," Cantrell says, gazing out at the hellish landscape in front of them. "And with that in mind, I think the northern route makes the most sense. Going underground we'd have to leave the vehicles behind, and trying to punch through that ley line seems about as likely to end with us on foot, or in worse shape."

She considers Jude's mention of Silver Bluff for a minute, but then shakes her head.

"It would be nice to see Silver Bluff again -- it seems like another life now. But I don't think we can afford that kind of delay. Merikh, let's make for the Valley of Thunder, unless anyone objects?"
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Valley of Thunder
Curious Hindrence
Where are the CS?
Knight Merihk seems to have travelled much of these roads during his time in the war and quickly becomes the tour guide. Day 3 he expounds on a small castle just beyond a nearby bluff. It is shinning silver castle, and from the groups distance it seems to be fashioned out of a solid silver peice with a pointing crown at the top. ” Markstar Hold, a group of star dwarves 7 years ago found themselves a home. An ill place marred by death. Down the bluff from the castle is a foul patch of oil from which skeletal monsters are known to creep out. The dwarves once let me convalesce after a tough battle out here in the plains. I had been attacked by some kind of fast small dinosaur, no larger than a grown man really. They had been cybernetically modified... A laser from a shoulder cannon hit me hard... The tech was unlike any I had ever seen, even my ability to shut down machines could not harm them. Those dwarves came to my rescue that day.”
Benny opertunity
It is a five day trip, feel free to choose a day of travel (except day 3) and point out something interesting that the group passes. Grab a benny if you do so.
The sun is just nearing setting as the 13th rolls and flies into the valley of thunder. It is an interesting geological phenomenon. A pocket of thick mist surrounds the valley, but inside it the sun shines bright at it sets. Large rocks, boulders, and small mountains seem to drift throught the valley. Some of these rock formations move rapidly, and others super slow. A large ley line can be seen in the distance about halfway through the valley. The valley itself seems to be of the green rolling grass type.

There looks to be several wrecks of vehicles peppered throughtout the valley. Most seem to have been smashed. Probably about 1000 feet or 200” away on the valley floor is a Mountaineet MkI with its roof smashed from a boulder and its engine on fire. Crawling out of it are a few humanoids in various clothes, armors, and states. Although they may be hurt as they are getting out of the vehicle super slow, and they are yelling something up at the Mountain Hanging above them. Yes, as crazy as it sounds there is a floating towering mountian that seems to be slowly falling down inch by inch foot by foot above the crashed mountaineer. It looks like some vegitation has grown out of the bottom of the slowly falling mountain and two smaller humanoids seem to be clinging to its base. What is certain is that while slow after about 12-16 seconds the mountain will touchdown crushing the the mountaineer and anyone beneath it.

As the Zone clears the mist, Sir Merikh swears under his breath seeing full well what might happen if the large rock comes crushing down, ” Damn it, looks like those unfortunate bastards are going to get...”

He is cut off by Sir Zee Hail grabbing his shoulder and looking back to the mist. The knight’s white eye erily looking into the mist that surrounds the valley... ” Sir Merikh, over there whatch out!” Those in the Zone may be as surprised as Sir Merikh as something comes rumbling through the mist.

For those flying high above the mountaineer a swirl forms in the mist possibly surprising you as something emerges.

Player Directions:

Step 1: See the Benny Opertunity

Step 2: What are your reactions? Feel free to say and think anything, but we are in the surprise round here as far as actual actions. Please though, be very specific on where your character is on the vehicle you are in.

I have Lib, Jitters, Jude, in the Flyer ( Death Trap), for ease lets just say the Flyer is above the Zone going towards the Valley at spd 45”, and 150” above the Zone.

I have Cantell is in the Zone with the NPCs. Going spd 15” just past the mist but going towards the valley.

Step 3: Make your notice roll at -4 or danger sense roll ( per the edge or sixth sense). If you are put on hold roll your agility.

Step 4: GM will resolve the intiative and on holds.
If you make the step 3 notice check click here to see what emerges out of the thick mist
9C2347B4-005D-4CBF-83FB-DC48718C2490.png
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Danger Sense 6
Danger Sense [dice:195513c8]46223:0[/dice:195513c8]
Wild Notice [dice:195513c8]46223:1[/dice:195513c8]
Extra Effort w/Elan [dice:195513c8]46223:2[/dice:195513c8]
It's evening of the final day of the trip before the SET reaches the Valley of Thunder when Libertas points down. "There! You see that gleaming in the fog, right near the river? That's an old Golden Age lighthouse, of all things. Passed by it back when I was heading towards Tolkeen. No one lives there, and there's no one who operates it--but some rare nights, like tonight, they say it still functions and shines down on the water. Supposedly, it's the safest time to travel this part of the river. Some say it's haunted, but if so, that's a pretty benevolent ghost. No one really knows what or why it functions, but it does. I understand even the CS Navy has decided that it's probably best to just leave it alone for now, and their river patrols make as much use of it as Dunscon's raiders and the Black Market's pirates. They probably don't mention it much in their reports back to Central Command, though."
OOC Comments
It's a real-world location--the Mark Twain Memorial Lighthouse overlook in Hannibal Missouri. Ghost of Samuel Clemens? Glitchy TW device feeding intermittently off the Ley Line? Some crazy old coot who sneaks in there to run the thing whenever no one's looking, and he's yet to be caught? Cover for some obscure plot by one of the factions in the area? All of the above, on different nights? Who knows?
As they come upon the Mountaineer, Lib blinks, seeing the people about to get flattened. "Bloody pig-worshippers, not again...." On the radio, he calls out to the harness-rider. "Hey, Jitters, you up for something really crazy stupid awesome? Think if I launch you with the Lightning Beetle wings you could get at least some of the civvies out of there?" Even as he speaks, he pulls out the Beetle Box and starts to dip the plane's flight to pass as close as possible to the edge of the mountain.... Then the mist wall starts to swirl and something starts to emerge.... "Okay, that's silly."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 8
Notice [dice:2lahypys]46257:0[/dice:2lahypys]
Wild [dice:2lahypys]46257:1[/dice:2lahypys]
Benny for Extra Effort Elan [dice:2lahypys]46257:2[/dice:2lahypys]
Agility 4
Agility [dice:2lahypys]46257:3[/dice:2lahypys]
Wild [dice:2lahypys]46257:4[/dice:2lahypys]
Valley of Thunder
Sunset
Round 0

One one of the days of travel, Jude glanced down at a large swath of forest with a massive oak tree in the center towering over it. “Oh, I think I know this area,” he commented. “That’s the Tressym Forest. There are these D-Bees there that are like cat people with wings. Very...friendly,” he remembered fondly. “Oh, and the things they would do when on catnip…” He chuckled. “I had to use the laser sight on my rifle just to distract them enough to give me a moment’s rest!”

When they reached the Valley, Jude was lounging in back. He felt the Flyer start circling and looked up. “What’s up, Goggles?” he asked. He looked out to see the mountain descending on those poor travelers. “Don’t just stand there! Get out from under it, you ijits!”

Mission Objectives
Sent by temporal ghost Bane to Dweomer to retrieve the Valent Blade to cut Earth off from bad timey-wimey stuff caused by all the temporal mucking..
Character Tracker
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell shivers as Merikh tells of his encounter near Markstar Keep.

"Ugh, dwarves. Think I would have stuck with the bionic dinos," she says, staring out the windows. A while later she is roused by the sight of wrecked Northern Gun robot. The mech looks like it's been punctured from the inside out. Something long and sinuous can be seen moving within, but it's hard to get a clear view.

Cantrell shivers again.

"I don't know why that makes me cold. It reminds me of being in the desert, when I first got stationed at Wichita Falls. We were on a long-range sortie and the Enforcer that was with us wandered into a patch of loose sand. No big deal for a self-contained bot -- they had plenty of oxygen, and we could have towed them out with the Mk. V if it came to that. Turns out it wasn't just sand in the pit, though. Proximity alarms start going off because something's forcing its way in through the 'bot's air vents. You can seal those off, they were open because the Enforcer had been running hot, and the crew didn't think to close them quick enough. Not that they had much time. Within a minute whatever was in that pit had snaked its way into the crew compartment and squeezed them all into jelly, then burst the Enforcer from the inside out. When we got it hauled out it looked just like that ... Weird if its the same kind of alien critter here as out west in the desert ... but not any weirder than the shit we've seen over lunch on a weekday in the past year."

(Snagging a Benny)

Danger Sense: 9; Agility 9
Notice [dice:24fvc9sr]46400:3[/dice:24fvc9sr]
Wild [dice:24fvc9sr]46400:0[/dice:24fvc9sr]
Wild [dice:24fvc9sr]46400:1[/dice:24fvc9sr]

Agility [dice:24fvc9sr]46400:4[/dice:24fvc9sr]
Wild [dice:24fvc9sr]46400:5[/dice:24fvc9sr]
Wild [dice:24fvc9sr]46400:6[/dice:24fvc9sr]
Cantrell was in the turret of the Zone Ranger, daydreaming while on sentry duty, when everything shifts into syrupy slow-motion. A split second later, her cognition catches up to her reflexes and she registers the mountain about to crush the crashed Mountaineer. Instinctively, the processors in her skill chip start calculating shot angles, weak points that might cause the stone to fracture or crumble, likely trajectories of the debris.

She toggles her radio as she powers up the big guns and is about to issue orders when the nerve in the back of her head twitches again and she swivels to spot the big nasty something coming out of the fog.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

• Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Notice 5
[dice:1m21t8md]46445:0[/dice:1m21t8md]
Wild Die [dice:1m21t8md]46445:1[/dice:1m21t8md]
Wild Die [dice:1m21t8md]46445:2[/dice:1m21t8md] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice:1m21t8md]46445:6[/dice:1m21t8md]
+2 Bonus from IF
-4 Penalty from Scene
Smarts 0
[dice:1m21t8md]46445:3[/dice:1m21t8md]
Wild Die [dice:1m21t8md]46445:4[/dice:1m21t8md]
Wild Die [dice:1m21t8md]46445:5[/dice:1m21t8md]
-1 Penalty from Race
-2 Penalty from Hindrances
On the morning of the second day of travel, shortly after taking off, they fly over an active battle field where one side used old style rifles and and the more important leaders held sabers, and they wore blue wool uniforms, while the other side used muskets as well as old style rifles and wore gray uniforms. Cannon fire was easy to here from the bottom of the aircraft as he saw cavalry charging on either side of the battle and battle horns blaring. Jitters is about to comment about it over the radio until he notices one of the soldiers running through the remnants of a Golden Age building as if it weren't even there. Everyone says that I am crazy, but now I am beginning to wonder if they're right...
Libertas Magicum wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:43 pm As they come upon the Mountaineer, Lib blinks, seeing the people about to get flattened. "Bloody pig-worshippers, not again...." On the radio, he calls out to the harness-rider. "Hey, Jitters, you up for something really crazy stupid awesome? Think if I launch you with the Lightning Beetle wings you could get at least some of the civvies out of there?" Even as he speaks, he pulls out the Beetle Box and starts to dip the plane's flight to pass as close as possible to the edge of the mountain.... Then the mist wall starts to swirl and something starts to emerge....
"Lib,IwasBORNready!Let'sdothis!BANKRIGHT!BANKRIGHT!" Jitters shouts.
Jitters
Jitters
Pace: 16; Parry: 11; Toughness: 22 (11); Strain: 1(?)

Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
JA-11 Energy Rifle (30/60/120, 3d6, RoF 1, AP 2, Shots 60, 7 lbs, Special)
  • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)
ISP: 20/30
Bennies: 3 Red 5 Regular

Encumberance: 56 lbs/84 lbs

Alts: Pvt. Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Enemy
Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM's choice becomes your character's sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting Now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is "retired".
Better You Than Me
Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Conversations below can be assumed to be over a open comms
Relevant Vehicle Rule please read if in a vehicle

► Unstable Platform: Any character on an unstable platform, including a moving vehicle, suffers a –2 penalty to any “fine” physical skills such as Fighting and Shooting. This applies to characters who are firing vehicular weapons as well. Note that the Steady Hands Edge eliminates this penalty.
► Fast Target: A fast-moving vehicle is more difficult to hit, and subtracts 1 from any attacks directed at it for every full 10” of its speed. This is relative, so a vehicle heading directly toward a character doesn't get the modifier, nor does the modifier apply if the hero is shooting at a vehicle driving parallel to his own.
► Speed Kills: It's much easier to maneuver a vehicle slowly than it is at high speed. A vehicle moving over 15” a round on the tabletop inflicts a –2 handling penalty on its driver. A vehicle moving over 30” inflicts a –4 penalty.

Mist Soup Surprise The mists swirl and T-rex like creatures with metallic armor and cybernetic peices augmenting their mighty physique. They have cyber eyes, and armored plating. Missiles and medium railguns hang off attachment points. If one looks real close mom implants dot the crainial section of these monsters. Libertas would recognize familiar TW crystiline matrix dotting the armor plating and many of the weapons. Amazingly one of the T-rexes seems even bigger than the others. These five monsters are followed rapidly by a dozen of smaller and faster raptor sized ones. These raptor ones seem to be bristling with all maner of lazer and plasma weaponry. They seem to be charging towards the downed mountaineer 200” away and unless Merihk floors it they will shortly overtake the zone ranger.

Merkih breathes a reflexive curse, and tries to swerve away in vain(failed his notice check). ” Damn... They just look like those velocoraptors I mentioned a few days ago...”. His voice catches as you finally sees his old foe the raptors.

Knight Zee Hail looks at the door to the zone a pai-sword forming in his hand. His white eye looks at Merikh as a questioned ”You said, their tech was unafected by our abilities?” Merihk nods. Zee Hail continues, ” Perhaps my sword will fair better.”. He pauses for a moment glancing at the dinosaurs approaching, ” Look how they move... They seem coordinated and intelegent.”

Merhik grunts trying control the ranger, ” Cantrell? Do we face the Rex’s or keep going for that mountain?” He points into the Thunder Valley at the mountain about to crush a busted mountaineer full of people in various states of tryimg to get out. A closer inspection of those people would reveal several of them are unconcious or injured makimg getting out under their own power almost impossible. At least two small folk possibly kids are clinging to the undergrowth at the bottom (f the mountain with little hope of living should it touch down). The good thing is that it is moving slowly. To make matters worse driving or piloting into the valley will involve having to steer clear of other rocks, boulders, and mini mountains zoomimg arround in random directions.

Initiative:
Initiative, please read. You roll your own initiative
I am having you roll 1d56 to represent 4 jokers, this means we will not waste time with rerolls on duplicates or reshuffling.
Cards act in order of highest roll to lowest, Quick allows reroll on 1 through 20, Raise on Quickness allows reroll on 1 through 28. Every Card divisible by 4 is considered a club. Level headed rolls more times.

Cantrell On Hold, agility 9
Libertas: On Hold, piloting -2 or flyer gets smacked by a wizzing boulder (resolve this on your turn), need to roll agility.
Jude card draw: please roll 1d56, you have a 4 on agility.
Jitters card draw: Please Roll 1d56
Zee Hail: [dice:2upi78p2]46578:0[/dice:2upi78p2]
Merihk no card draw: driving -2 or zone gets smacked by a boulder(will resolve at the end of the round)
Augmented Raptors(12): on hold, agility [dice:2upi78p2]46578:1[/dice:2upi78p2] wild [dice:2upi78p2]46578:2[/dice:2upi78p2]
  • -2 hit
  • Pace: 8(32); Parry: 6(8); Toughness: 11 (4)
Augmented T-Rexes(4): on hold agility [dice:2upi78p2]46578:3[/dice:2upi78p2] wild [dice:2upi78p2]46578:4[/dice:2upi78p2]
  • +2 to hit
  • Pace: 8(16); Parry: 6; Toughness: 21 (8)
Wild Card T-Rex:On Hold, Agility: [dice:2upi78p2]46578:5[/dice:2upi78p2] Wild [dice:2upi78p2]46578:6[/dice:2upi78p2] GM Benny for EF [dice:2upi78p2]46578:7[/dice:2upi78p2]
  • +2 to hit and 2 bennies.
    Pace: 8(20); Parry: 6; Toughness: 27 (12)MDC
Vehicle info:
  • Flyer, spd 45”, and 150” above the Zone going towards the falling mountain.
  • Zone spd 15” going towards the mountain.
  • Dinos are effectivly behind you just broken through the ring of mist surrounding the valley
  • Mouintain and busted mountaineer is in front at 200” away.
Player Directions: Players may go first... Please make sure if you were on hold you previously rolled agility or now include an agility roll as the dinosaurs may at any moment change their target from the busted mountainer to you and try to interupt you.
Attachments
FE075F28-229B-4D81-9653-D5989906E90D.jpeg
A6926397-0338-43B5-B9E6-64A8BE3BC490.jpeg
4D430207-0AD3-4883-A5DB-1F633D95DE6F.png
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Agility 7; Exemplar 10; Swift Flight 12; Piloting 22; Spirit 13
Agility vs. Interrupt: [dice:2u1zk8ik]46599:0[/dice:2u1zk8ik]
Wild Agility: [dice:2u1zk8ik]46599:1[/dice:2u1zk8ik]
EE Bennie [dice:2u1zk8ik]46599:11[/dice:2u1zk8ik]

Actions:
Tail: Use Staff while casting Legendary Boost Trait: Piloting on Self (-2 MAP)
8 PPE from Staff's 10 points
Techno-Wizardry [dice:2u1zk8ik]46599:2[/dice:2u1zk8ik]
Wild TW [dice:2u1zk8ik]46599:3[/dice:2u1zk8ik]
Raise: Piloting gains 8 Die-Types = d12+3

Then cast Swift Flight on Jitters (-2 MAP):
11 PPE for enhanced Speed
Techno-Wizardry [dice:2u1zk8ik]46599:4[/dice:2u1zk8ik]
Wild TW [dice:2u1zk8ik]46599:5[/dice:2u1zk8ik]
Raise: Jitters now has Flight Speed = (Pace +2)x8

Actual action: Gun engine to 65", Piloting to maneuver plane through boulders
Piloting Modifiers: Speed -4; Machine Maestro +2 (TW, in combat), Handling +1, Maneuver Mod -2, MAP -2: Total Mod -5 to Exemplar'ed d12+3 base
Piloting [dice:2u1zk8ik]46599:6[/dice:2u1zk8ik]
Wild Piloting [dice:2u1zk8ik]46599:7[/dice:2u1zk8ik]
Bennie EE [dice:2u1zk8ik]46599:8[/dice:2u1zk8ik] ACE [dice:2u1zk8ik]46599:9[/dice:2u1zk8ik] ACE [dice:2u1zk8ik]46599:10[/dice:2u1zk8ik]

Spirit [dice:2u1zk8ik]46599:12[/dice:2u1zk8ik]
Wild Spirit [dice:2u1zk8ik]46599:13[/dice:2u1zk8ik]
Ace Running Total also with +2 from Helskor [dice:2u1zk8ik]46599:14[/dice:2u1zk8ik]

-2 Bennies: Total 3/2
Lib grins like a madman as he guns the throttle; even as the Albatross accelerates, his tail wields the Staff of his Badass-ness, first prodding himself, making him one of the greatest pilots on the planet.

While the plane swoops and dives through the boulders, he thrusts the staff out the window at the suspended Jitters, giving the Quick-Flex wings of lightning. "Fly, man, be free! And pull those kids from under the mountain when you got a chance!"

He feels the power of the Exemplar spell seeking to feed on his soul, of course, but the death-shoes, plus his own exuberance, are enough to keep it from getting more than a small nibble. You do know that someday, that debt will have to be paid, right? It'll have to catch me, first--and today, I got wings, V-Baby! ... V... Baby?

Lib's laughter is the only external sign of his internal conversation.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Initiative
[dice:1fer7exf]46619:0[/dice:1fer7exf] - club, if it matters
Shooting 9; Raise
-2 Unstable Platform, +2 Size, +2 armor targeting enhancement, +2 Marksman
Shooting[dice:1fer7exf]46619:1[/dice:1fer7exf]
Wild [dice:1fer7exf]46619:2[/dice:1fer7exf]
Damage 51 AP 4 MD; 7 Wounds on the WC T-Rex
[dice:1fer7exf]46619:3[/dice:1fer7exf] + [dice:1fer7exf]46619:4[/dice:1fer7exf]
Ace [dice:1fer7exf]46619:5[/dice:1fer7exf]
Ace [dice:1fer7exf]46619:6[/dice:1fer7exf]
Ace [dice:1fer7exf]46619:7[/dice:1fer7exf]
Valley of Thunder
Sunset
Round 0

Hearing a roar, Jude looks around behind and sees the pack of dinosaurs.

“Ah, hell. Who does that to a dinosaur?” he exclaimed, grabbing the controls for the particle beam cannon on the Flyer. “That’s just sick and wrong!” Jude lined up the shot. “Keep it steady,” he told Libertas, though the man seemed to have no trouble with piloting the plane. And somehow Jude was the one that had to try and take them down.

Jude aimed for the biggest dinosaur on the field, hoping that would help. The beam struck the dinosaur square, drilling a hole through it.
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Trex WC takes 3 wounds
WC T-rex: vigor to soak: [dice:qumoh1xc]46638:0[/dice:qumoh1xc] mom implants and magic enfused cybernetics and battle hardened: [dice:qumoh1xc]46638:1[/dice:qumoh1xc] wild [dice:qumoh1xc]46638:2[/dice:qumoh1xc] second benny: [dice:qumoh1xc]46638:3[/dice:qumoh1xc] wild [dice:qumoh1xc]46638:4[/dice:qumoh1xc] ace [dice:qumoh1xc]46638:5[/dice:qumoh1xc] ace [dice:qumoh1xc]46638:6[/dice:qumoh1xc]
The larger than life Trex roars something. It would appear Jude has gotten their attention and the heard of T-rexes looks up about to fire everything they have at flyer.( 4 non wild card t rexes launch it all at the flyer on card 27 with agility of 5). The big one seems to be slowing down having it chest busted does not feel good. The little 12 raptors seem unconcerned at the moment and are still making for the busted mountaineer 200” away.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Rolls
Initiative (Level-Headed) [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:0[/dice:1rp0ehi7] [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:1[/dice:1rp0ehi7] = High card is 43, no Joker, acts from on Hold

Action 1: Activates adrenal control system (free action), uses Red Gauntlet to activate greater smite on the railgun, fires railgun w/ ROF 3 (one shot each at Big T-Rex and 2 regular T-Rex) = -2 MAP to everything
Action 2: Fires railgun w/ ROF 3 at surviving T-Rexes, starting with the big one

Action 1:
Spirit to activate GS [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:2[/dice:1rp0ehi7] = Success, +4 damage
Wild [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:3[/dice:1rp0ehi7]
Wild [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:4[/dice:1rp0ehi7]

Shooting railgun (Shooting 1d12+6, +1 from railgun, -2 unstable platform, -2 autofire, -2 MAP, +2 size)
Shot 1 at Big TR [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:5[/dice:1rp0ehi7] = Subbing in 1st wild die result for a Hit with a Raise
Shot 2 at Reg TR 1[dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:6[/dice:1rp0ehi7] = Hit with a raise
Shot 3 at Reg TR 2[dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:7[/dice:1rp0ehi7] = Hit
Wild [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:8[/dice:1rp0ehi7] = Ace! [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:10[/dice:1rp0ehi7] = Hit with a raise, substitute for roll vs. Big T-Rex
Wild [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:9[/dice:1rp0ehi7]

Damage: 3d10+6, AP 14, +4 from GS

Damage vs. Big T-Rex
[dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:11[/dice:1rp0ehi7] + [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:12[/dice:1rp0ehi7] = Aces! [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:16[/dice:1rp0ehi7] + [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:17[/dice:1rp0ehi7] = 47 damage, AP 14 = 8 Wounds, or 9 if it was still Shaken

Damage vs. Reg T-Rex #1
[dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:13[/dice:1rp0ehi7] + [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:14[/dice:1rp0ehi7] = 23 damage, AP 14 = 2 Wounds

Damage vs. Reg T-Rex #2
[dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:15[/dice:1rp0ehi7] = Aces! [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:18[/dice:1rp0ehi7] = 35 damage, AP 14 = 5 Wounds

Action 2
Shooting railgun (no MAP this time)
Shot 1 at Reg TR 3 [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:19[/dice:1rp0ehi7] = Hit with a Raise
Shot 2 at Reg TR 4 [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:20[/dice:1rp0ehi7] = Hit with a Raise
Shot 3 at Reg TR 1 (if needed) [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:21[/dice:1rp0ehi7] = Hit with a Raise
Wild [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:22[/dice:1rp0ehi7]
Wild [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:23[/dice:1rp0ehi7]

Damage: 3d10+6, AP 14, +4 from GS

Damage vs. Reg T-Rex #3
[dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:24[/dice:1rp0ehi7] + [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:25[/dice:1rp0ehi7] = Ace! [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:30[/dice:1rp0ehi7] = 26 damage, AP 14 = 3 Wounds

Damage vs. Reg T-Rex #4
[dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:26[/dice:1rp0ehi7] + [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:27[/dice:1rp0ehi7] = 37 damage, AP 14 = 6 Wounds

Damage vs. Reg T-Rex #1 (If it soaked the first 2 Wounds) or any others still standing
[dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:28[/dice:1rp0ehi7] + [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:29[/dice:1rp0ehi7] = 20 damage, AP 14 = 1 Wound.
Benny spent to reroll damage
[dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:31[/dice:1rp0ehi7] + [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:32[/dice:1rp0ehi7] = Ace! [dice:1rp0ehi7]46673:33[/dice:1rp0ehi7] = 33 damage, AP 14 = 5 Wounds
Merhik grunts trying control the ranger, ” Cantrell? Do we face the Rex’s or keep going for that mountain?” He points into the Thunder Valley at the mountain about to crush a busted mountaineer full of people in various states of tryimg to get out.
"This is the 13th, Merikh -- we're gonna do both," Cantrell says, her enhanced reflexes making the world go bright and sharp as a diamond as she swivels the Zone Ranger's railgun turret toward the rear. "You get us over to those people about to be squashed and I'll take care of these monsters coming up behind."

Summoning the power of the Red Gauntlet, Cantrell channels destructive magic into the turret's linked railguns, making them even more deadly. Then she squeezes the trigger and lets rip, spewing death at the techno-T-Rexes, starting with the biggest. Each shot finds its mark, tearing through armored hide and vaporizing the flesh underneath.

Exultant and in her element, Cantrell looses a war cry in the turret, then toggles on her radio:

<<Alright you buncha big damn heroes, take out the little ones as you can, but prioritize rescuing the survivors of that crash. Let's show them what the Tomorrow Legion can do.>>

The T-Rexes are probably all dead:
Big T-Rex takes 8 Wounds, 9 if it was still Shaken from Jude's attack
Regular T-Rex #1 takes 2 Wounds
Regular T-Rex #2 takes 5 Wounds
Regular T-Rex #3 takes 3 Wounds
Regular T-Rex #4 takes 6 Wounds
And in case any are still standing, the final shot at a survivor does another 5 Wounds
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

OOC Comments
T-rex 1, 2 wounds- battle hardened. [dice:1xk58wvg]46675:0[/dice:1xk58wvg] reroll: [dice:1xk58wvg]46675:2[/dice:1xk58wvg]

T-rex 3, 3 wounds battle hardened [dice:1xk58wvg]46675:1[/dice:1xk58wvg] Reroll: [dice:1xk58wvg]46675:3[/dice:1xk58wvg]

Big T-rex: vigor [dice:1xk58wvg]46675:4[/dice:1xk58wvg] wild [dice:1xk58wvg]46675:5[/dice:1xk58wvg]
All the T-rex’s get blown away by Cantrell and her rail guns. Although the big one seems to be down clutching its belly or guts and still breathing and possibly bleeding to death.

Inside the Zone, Zee Hail yells as he leaps out the door, ”Save those people. I’ll by you time!”. His psi-sword engaged he goes toe to toe with some raptors as they look to swarm the Zone Ranger!!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Valley of Thunder
Sunset
Round 0

There was a whine and the particle beam cannon went dead. Jude blinked and looked down at it, poking a few weird bits and bobs on it. “Damn magic,” he muttered.

“Goggles, this thing doesn’t work for me!” Jude yelled back toward the cockpit.
OOC Comments
Dropping the benny to let that one shot get off, but now Jude is useless.
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas glances back over his shoulder at Jude, realizing what just happened. "I don't even know how you got it to work this time!" He shakes his head. Can you imagine what he'd be capable of if he tapped whatever psionic potential he might have? Scary, really....

Aloud, he continues. "I think I'm good for flying and shooting, for now. Do you have any kind of public address system on your armor? We could use your charm to get everyone down there to cooperate in piling in and on top of Silver.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Valley of Thunder
Sunset
Round 0

“That I might be able to do,” Jude said. “Though no PA system.

Jude went to the door and rolled it open. He strapped himself in securely first before leaning out.
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The 12 raptors react simultaneously.

Zone Ranger Raptor Swarm(hold): The raptors all look at each other wordlessly with their eyes darting back and forth in silient communication. Half a heart beat and bamn they spring into action with four of them firing their powerful side mounted lasers at the Zone Ranger. Streams of Acid, Fire, Water, and Holy light blast out at the Zone Ranger. Their targeting eye seems to have the zone locked in but their light lasers don’t seem to pack the right punch! Followed up by two Raptors leaping onto the back of the zone ranger itself with mining drills extending out of their mouths!
OOC Comments
  • Zone is still going 15” towards the mountain
    Shooting d12+4 ( targeting and skill chip), ignores 2 pts of penalties) +2 size matters, -2 snapfire: light vehgicular laser 2d10+2 AP7
    Rator 1: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:0[/dice:1wg9aepw]
    • Damage: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:13[/dice:1wg9aepw] ace [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:19[/dice:1wg9aepw] AP7
    Raptor 2: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:1[/dice:1wg9aepw]
    • Damage: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:14[/dice:1wg9aepw] ace [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:20[/dice:1wg9aepw]AP7
    Raptor 3: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:2[/dice:1wg9aepw]
    • Damage [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:4[/dice:1wg9aepw] [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:5[/dice:1wg9aepw]AP7
    Raptor 4: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:3[/dice:1wg9aepw]
      • Damage [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:6[/dice:1wg9aepw]AP7
    Agiliy for successful leap: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:7[/dice:1wg9aepw]
    Agility for successful leap: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:8[/dice:1wg9aepw]
Flyer Acquired? Four Raptors stop on a dime and target the zooming flyer with their powerful laser weapons. Streams of dark fire, blazing lighting, rushing water, and eldritch enfused rock coming streaming out. All four hit, but do little damage besides scraping the paint.
OOC Comments
Shooting d12+4 ( targeting and skill chip), ignores 2 pts of penalties) +2 size matters, -6 to hit from speed, -2 medium range: light vehicular laser
  • Raptor 1: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:9[/dice:1wg9aepw]
    • Damage: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:15[/dice:1wg9aepw] AP7
    Raptor 2: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:10[/dice:1wg9aepw]
    • Damage: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:16[/dice:1wg9aepw] AP7
    Raptor 3: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:11[/dice:1wg9aepw]
    • Damage: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:17[/dice:1wg9aepw] AP7
    Raptor 4: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:12[/dice:1wg9aepw]
    • Damage: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:18[/dice:1wg9aepw] AP7
Zee Hail in trouble: The cyber knight gets the brunt of the last two raptors who opt to hit him with their under the jaw TW plasma weapon. One burst of plasma catches the knight in the solar plex. His armor absorbs most of the damage but for a moment he is winded. He shakes it off and crosses the distance to the raptor that hit him and strikes out at it only to narrowly miss its head.
OOC Comments
Raptor: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:21[/dice:1wg9aepw] -2 to hit from deflection(would be -4, but they ignore 2 pts of penalties)
Damage: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:23[/dice:1wg9aepw]
Raptor: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:22[/dice:1wg9aepw] -2 to hit from deflection
Damage: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:24[/dice:1wg9aepw]

Zee Hail unshake: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:25[/dice:1wg9aepw] wild [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:26[/dice:1wg9aepw]
Fighting [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:27[/dice:1wg9aepw] wild [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:28[/dice:1wg9aepw]

End of the Surprise Round:

Zone Ranger: 175” away from crashed mountaineer and people who need saving, moving 15”
Flyer: 135” away from crashed Mountaineer and people who need saving, moving 65” and 150” above the ground ( You will need to decend to 50” to get to the top of the mountain about to crush the people beneath it)
Vehicle combat rules

Unstable Platform: Any character on an unstable platform, including a moving vehicle, suffers a –2 penalty to any “fine” physical skills such as Fighting and Shooting. This applies to characters who are firing vehicular weapons as well. Note that the Steady Hands Edge eliminates this penalty.

Fast Target: A fast-moving vehicle is more difficult to hit, and subtracts 1 from any attacks directed at it for every full 10” of its speed. This is relative, so a vehicle heading directly toward a character doesn't get the modifier, nor does the modifier apply if the hero is shooting at a vehicle driving parallel to his own.

► Speed Kills: It's much easier to maneuver a vehicle slowly than it is at high speed. A vehicle moving over 15” a round on the tabletop inflicts a –2 handling penalty on its driver. A vehicle moving over 30” inflicts a –4 penalty.

Size: Attackers add +2 if the target is at least two points of Size greater than the attacker, and subtract 2 if the target is 2 points smaller or more. These modifiers apply to anyone attacking or attacking from vehicles, robot armor, or power armor.

A MATTER OF SIZE

Round 2: There is always something bigger, and badder... Its as if the mist itself roars! Doth the mommy approach? Like a shark swimming through water a larege bulbous leather head stick out of the mist. Just the top is visible as the mist reaches at least 45” in height. However a glowing red eye of vengence is clearly made out. Perhaps at some point mommy will come play. Timmy the large T-rex enfused with magical cybernetics just lies there, about 20” from the zone, barely breathing and bleeding to death. The rest of the T-rex’s are dead, and the raptros swarmed to little effect. Knight Zee Hail is trying to engage a few of them in melee but is clearly having some difficulty.

He cries over the radio, ” What are these creatures? What the fuck is coming through the mist? My technological denial does little against them! Ack!”

Seth driving the Zone yells at Cantrell in a controlled gruff voice, ” Cantrell, Hang on, I am going to try to get some off of Zee! Fuck! Did a pair of them leap onto the Zone? You won’t be able to hit them with the Daka, want to go outside?” The hi pitch whine of a drill echoes on the roof from the back of the Zone, ” Frack! Cantrell they are trying to cut their way in! Green button on your fire control pops the top hatch... If you go outside close the hatch—. They are using plasma!”

The Mountain creeps lower and lower about 8 seconds from touch down if it remains at its same pace. Other rocks and small hills zoom arround threatening to knock the zone over and the flyer down. The deeper the vehicles go the more precarious it becomes to avoid something catastrophic. The two people clinging to the mountain start yelling when something snake like slithers out of one of the holes in the falling mountain. Some kind of serpent creature resplendid with vibro blades seethes at the tresspassers and looks to remove their hands. The people under the mountain are trying to get their injured out of the mountaineer but the vehicle is not cooperating. Its doors have been smashed inwards and they lack good cutting tools.

Initiative read me
Initaitive draw:
We are rolling 1d56 to represent 4 jokers, this means we will not waste time with rerolls on duplicates or reshuffling.
Cards action goes in order of the draw highest to lowest, Quick allows reroll on 1 through 20, Raise on Quickness allows reroll on 1 through 28. Every Card divisible by 4, except the Joker 56, is considered a club. If you want to throw down a conditional action go ahead.

Raptors: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:29[/dice:1wg9aepw] more shooting, 2 drill into the zone
Seth (holds for Cantrell)[dice:1wg9aepw]46981:30[/dice:1wg9aepw], driving [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:31[/dice:1wg9aepw] wild [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:32[/dice:1wg9aepw], driving towards the mountain 175” away.
Zee: [dice:1wg9aepw]46981:33[/dice:1wg9aepw], fighting some raptors.
Players: roll at your own discretion. Then post your action. I gave you the general actions of the npcs incase your action happens after them.
Player directions:

Step 1: Roll your initiative
Step 2: if you are driving or piloting roll the skill at -4 or vehicle takes a wound and you go out of control as a hill hits the vehicle.
Step 3: make your action, GM will resolve how it all shakes out after all players post. Jitters is on hold.

Badguys:
Raptors(12): -2 hit, Pace: 8(32); Parry: 6(8); Toughness: 11 (4), near the zone ranger, medium from flyer
Big bad in the mist: unknown
Serpent creatures on the mountain( 1 for now, notice with a raise lets you see six): Pace: 8; Parry: 7; Toughness: 15 (7)
Attachments
AD17ED8B-C123-48E2-9A33-33FF9B3E63ED.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Initiative 55 Isn't that a Joker?
[dice:379vadv3]47069:11[/dice:379vadv3]
Notice 10
Notice [dice:379vadv3]47069:0[/dice:379vadv3]
Ace [dice:379vadv3]47069:2[/dice:379vadv3]
Wild [dice:379vadv3]47069:1[/dice:379vadv3]
Shooting 8; Raise
+2 armor targeting, Marksman: sacrificing the +2 Shooting for Extreme Range 480", +1 Trademark Weapon, -6 extreme range, -2 Unstable Platform
Shooting [dice:379vadv3]47069:3[/dice:379vadv3]
Wild [dice:379vadv3]47069:4[/dice:379vadv3]
Benny to reroll
Shooting [dice:379vadv3]47069:5[/dice:379vadv3]
Ace [dice:379vadv3]47069:7[/dice:379vadv3]
Wild [dice:379vadv3]47069:6[/dice:379vadv3]
JA-11 Setting 1 Damage with Raise 23 AP 2; 2 Wounds on Snakeman
[dice:379vadv3]47069:8[/dice:379vadv3]
Ace [dice:379vadv3]47069:9[/dice:379vadv3]
Ace [dice:379vadv3]47069:10[/dice:379vadv3]
Valley of Thunder
Sunset
Round 0

Jude cursed. Zee needed help. The Zone Ranger needed help. And those guys hanging from the mountain needed help.

And he didn’t really have much help he could give.

“Who bloody puts on a weapon no one can use?” Jude said as he kicked the Flyer’s particle beam cannon when it refused to power up for him again. Having secured the gunner straps, he yanked open the side door that would allow him to lean out, wind whipping through his blonde hair, and took aim. “Can you get lower?”

Jude saw six serpent creatures coming out of the mountain to harass the people hanging there. He figured that was the best out of all the bad shots and lifted his rifle, aiming carefully.

The laser lanced out and Jude blinked, watching one of the snakemen fall from the mountain. “Damn. I actually hit it!”
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

Notice 10
[dice:ifruko91]47202:1[/dice:ifruko91]
Wild Die [dice:ifruko91]47202:2[/dice:ifruko91] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice:ifruko91]47202:4[/dice:ifruko91]
Wild Die [dice:ifruko91]47202:3[/dice:ifruko91]
+2 Bonus from IF
Initiative
[dice:ifruko91]47202:0[/dice:ifruko91]
I do believe that is a Joker as well!!! :D :D :D
The cybernetic T-Rex burst through the mist and for a few critical seconds, images of Jitters riding it into battle dance through his head. It wasn't until the additional electricity from Libertas's spell surged through him that brought him back in the moment and immediately kicks off from the Flyer and flies for the falling mountain. His first thought is to go save the people, but as he rushes toward the mountain, he notices 6 serpentine figures on the mountainside, so Jitters figures that a flyby attack is in order first, lashing out at four of them.
Fighting
Attack 1 w/ Chainsword: [dice:ifruko91]47202:5[/dice:ifruko91]
Wild Die [dice:ifruko91]47202:6[/dice:ifruko91]
Wild Die [dice:ifruko91]47202:7[/dice:ifruko91]
Target: Snakeman #1

Chainsword Frenzy: [dice:ifruko91]47202:8[/dice:ifruko91]
Target: Snakeman #2

-1 Red Benny to Re-Roll Attack 1/Frenzy

Attack 1 w/ Chainsword: [dice:ifruko91]47202:15[/dice:ifruko91]
Wild Die [dice:ifruko91]47202:16[/dice:ifruko91]
Wild Die [dice:ifruko91]47202:17[/dice:ifruko91]
Total = 12

Damage
Str [dice:ifruko91]47202:20[/dice:ifruko91]
Chainsword [dice:ifruko91]47202:21[/dice:ifruko91]
Chainsword Damage Ace [dice:ifruko91]47202:23[/dice:ifruko91]
Raise [dice:ifruko91]47202:38[/dice:ifruko91]
+1 Electrical Damage
+2 from Joker
AP 2
Total Damage: 29 (Shaken with 3 wounds if a WC, dead otherwise)
Target: Snakeman 1

Chainsword Frenzy: [dice:ifruko91]47202:18[/dice:ifruko91] Ace!
Frenzy Ace: [dice:ifruko91]47202:22[/dice:ifruko91]
Total: 29

Damage
Str [dice:ifruko91]47202:24[/dice:ifruko91]
Chainsword [dice:ifruko91]47202:25[/dice:ifruko91]
Raise [dice:ifruko91]47202:26[/dice:ifruko91]
+2 Electrical Damage
+2 from Joker
AP 2
Total Damage: 29 (Shaken with 3 wounds if a WC, dead otherwise)
Target: Snakeman 2

Bonus from Red Benny: [dice:ifruko91]47202:19[/dice:ifruko91]

Attack 3 w/ Vibe: [dice:ifruko91]47202:9[/dice:ifruko91]
Wild Die [dice:ifruko91]47202:10[/dice:ifruko91]
Wild Die [dice:ifruko91]47202:11[/dice:ifruko91]
Total: 12

Damage
Str [dice:ifruko91]47202:27[/dice:ifruko91]
Chainsword [dice:ifruko91]47202:28[/dice:ifruko91]
Vibrosword: [dice:ifruko91]47202:31[/dice:ifruko91]
Raise [dice:ifruko91]47202:33[/dice:ifruko91] Ace!
Raise Ace [dice:ifruko91]47202:39[/dice:ifruko91]
+1 Electrical Damage
+2 from Joker
AP 4
Total: 28 (Shaken with 3 wounds if a WC, dead otherwise)
Target: Snakeman #3 Fighting

Attack 4 w/ Rator: [dice:ifruko91]47202:12[/dice:ifruko91]
Wild Die [dice:ifruko91]47202:13[/dice:ifruko91]
Wild Die [dice:ifruko91]47202:14[/dice:ifruko91]
Total: 12

Damage
Str [dice:ifruko91]47202:29[/dice:ifruko91]
Chainsword [dice:ifruko91]47202:30[/dice:ifruko91]
Vibrosword: [dice:ifruko91]47202:32[/dice:ifruko91]
Raise [dice:ifruko91]47202:34[/dice:ifruko91] Ace!
Raise Ace [dice:ifruko91]47202:40[/dice:ifruko91]
+1 Electrical Damage
+2 from Joker
AP 4
Total: 25 (Shaken w/ 2 wounds if a WC, dead otherwise)
Target: Snakeman #4

+2 Bonus (?) from Joker
+2 Bonus from Professional/Expert
-2 Penalty from MAP
Jitters scores deep cuts with trusty ole' Paul Bunyan on the first two snakemen he flies past, while scoring less severe, but no less deadly, injuries to two more while a fifth one gets hit with a laser from Jude in the TW Flyer. Jitters continues his flight toward the people when he notices two kids hanging to vines that seem to be trying to coil itself around them, so he hits one of the vines with Paul Bunyan to free the kit as Jitters flies directly underneath him so that he falls on top of Jitters.
Fighting Split the Seconds
[dice:ifruko91]47202:35[/dice:ifruko91]
Wild Die [dice:ifruko91]47202:36[/dice:ifruko91]
Wild Die [dice:ifruko91]47202:37[/dice:ifruko91] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice:ifruko91]47202:41[/dice:ifruko91] (that should have been +8, not +4)]

Damage
Str [dice:ifruko91]47202:42[/dice:ifruko91]
Chainsword [dice:ifruko91]47202:43[/dice:ifruko91]
Raise? [dice:ifruko91]47202:44[/dice:ifruko91]
+1 Electrical (or +2 if it's a raise)
+2 from Joker

+2 Bonus from Joker
+2 Bonus from Professional/Expert
-2 Penalty from MAP
Agility to dodge 11
[dice:ifruko91]47202:45[/dice:ifruko91]
Wild Die [dice:ifruko91]47202:46[/dice:ifruko91]
Wild Die [dice:ifruko91]47202:47[/dice:ifruko91]

+2 Bonus from Joker
Last edited by Jitters on Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Jitters
Jitters
Pace: 16; Parry: 11; Toughness: 22 (11); Strain: 1(?)

Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
JA-11 Energy Rifle (30/60/120, 3d6, RoF 1, AP 2, Shots 60, 7 lbs, Special)
  • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)
ISP: 20/30
Bennies: 3 Red 5 Regular

Encumberance: 56 lbs/84 lbs

Alts: Pvt. Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Enemy
Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM's choice becomes your character's sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting Now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is "retired".
Better You Than Me
Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Make sure everyone grabs +2 bennies for the jokers drawn.

As Jitters gets to the Mountaineer, he can see six snake like creatures towards the bottom of the decending mountain, humanoid but bristling with all kinds of weaponry. There are two kids, maybe 9-12 clinging onto some deteriorating vines. Its almost as if the vines themselves are coiling arround these kids. STR Check -2 to free each kid ( Action each).

Below the falling mountain is a busted mountaineer that has a mix of humans, and Quick flexes in mostly injured conditions. Two humans and one Quick-flex are trying in vian to open the doors of the mountaineer but they seem to be stuck and bent inward from the crash. The front engine block of the vehicle looks wrecked like something heavy smashed it.

Since @Jitters is zooming ahead make an agility roll as a beast of a boulder threatens plow into him.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Rolls
Initiative with Level-Headed
[dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:0[/dice:2hhx3ipc]
[dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:1[/dice:2hhx3ipc]

1st Round Actions: Open the hatch (action), Quick Draw P-Beam pistol (free), then Rapid Attack with it (6 shots at dinos, each at -4 to hit, and -2 MAP)
2nd Round Actions: Rapid Attack with P-Beam pistol (6 shots at remaining dinos, each at -4 to hit)

Round 1 EDIT: Forgot the -2 to hit the raptors, will factor that into totals; EDIT 2: Also forgot Unstable Platform -2
Shooting [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:2[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = 6-2-2 = 2, Miss
Wild 1 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:3[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = Ace! [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:20[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = 10-2-2 = 6, Hit - used in place of miss on Shot 4
Wild 2 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:4[/dice:2hhx3ipc]

Shooting [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:5[/dice:2hhx3ipc] - 11-2-2 = 7, Hit
Wild 1 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:6[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = Ace! [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:21[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = Ace! [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:27[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = Ace! [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:29[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = 20
Wild 2 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:7[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = Ace! [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:22[/dice:2hhx3ipc]

Shooting [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:8[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = Ace! [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:23[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = 20-2-2 = 16, Hit with a Raise
Wild 1 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:9[/dice:2hhx3ipc]
Wild 2 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:10[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = Ace! [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:24[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = Ace! [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:28[/dice:2hhx3ipc]

Shooting [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:11[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = 3-2-2 = -1, Miss -- Replaced with Wild Die above
Wild 1 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:12[/dice:2hhx3ipc]
Wild 2 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:13[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = Ace! [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:25[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = 10-2

Shooting [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:14[/dice:2hhx3ipc] -2-2 = 4, Hit
Wild 1 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:15[/dice:2hhx3ipc]
Wild 2 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:16[/dice:2hhx3ipc]

Shooting [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:17[/dice:2hhx3ipc]= Ace! [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:26[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = 20-2-2 = 16, Hit with a Raise
Wild 1 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:18[/dice:2hhx3ipc]
Wild 2 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:19[/dice:2hhx3ipc]

DAMAGE ROLLS
Hit with a Raise [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:30[/dice:2hhx3ipc]+[dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:31[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = 14 damage, AP 4 = 1 Wound
Hit with a Raise [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:32[/dice:2hhx3ipc]+[dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:33[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = 17 damage, AP 4 = 2 Wounds
Hit with a Raise [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:34[/dice:2hhx3ipc]+[dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:35[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = Ace! [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:41[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = 24 damage, AP 4 = 4 Wounds (EDITED to remove Raise damage)
Hit with a Raise [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:36[/dice:2hhx3ipc]+[dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:37[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = 7 damage, AP 4 = Shaken (EDITED to remove Raise damage)
Hit with a Raise [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:38[/dice:2hhx3ipc]+[dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:39[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = 10 damage, AP 4 = Shaken (EDITED to remove Raise damage)
Hit [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:40[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = 12 damage, AP 4 = 1 Wound Lost Hit due to Unstable Platform

Round 2 (including the -2 to hit this time) EDIT: Adding -2 for Unstable Platform
Shooting [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:42[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = 2-2 = 0, Miss, Replaced with Wild Die
Wild 1 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:43[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = Ace! [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:60[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = 9-2 = 7, Hit
Wild 2 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:44[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = 2-2 = 0

Shooting [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:45[/dice:2hhx3ipc] =11-2 = 9, Hit with a Raise
Wild 1 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:46[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = Ace! [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:61[/dice:2hhx3ipc]
Wild 2 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:47[/dice:2hhx3ipc]

Shooting [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:48[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = Ace! [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:62[/dice:2hhx3ipc] =21-2 = 19, Hit with a Raise
Wild 1 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:49[/dice:2hhx3ipc]
Wild 2 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:50[/dice:2hhx3ipc]

Shooting [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:51[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = 1-2 =-1, Miss
Wild 1 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:52[/dice:2hhx3ipc]
Wild 2 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:53[/dice:2hhx3ipc]

Shooting [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:54[/dice:2hhx3ipc] =5-2 =3, Miss
Wild 1 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:55[/dice:2hhx3ipc]
Wild 2 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:56[/dice:2hhx3ipc]

Shooting [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:57[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = 9-2 = 7, Hit
Wild 1 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:58[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = Ace! [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:63[/dice:2hhx3ipc]
Wild 2 [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:59[/dice:2hhx3ipc]

DAMAGE ROLLS
Hit with a Raise [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:64[/dice:2hhx3ipc]+[dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:65[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = Ace! [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:74[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = 28 damage, AP 4 = 5 Wounds
Hit with a Raise [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:66[/dice:2hhx3ipc]+[dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:67[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = Ace! [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:75[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = 26 damage, AP 4 = 4 Wounds
Hit with a Raise [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:68[/dice:2hhx3ipc]+[dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:69[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = 7 damage, AP 4 = Shaken
Hit with a Raise [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:70[/dice:2hhx3ipc]+[dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:71[/dice:2hhx3ipc] = 10 damage, AP 4 = Shaken
Hit with a Raise [dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:72[/dice:2hhx3ipc]+[dice:2hhx3ipc]47207:73[/dice:2hhx3ipc] EDIT: No Raise damage on this one = 13 damage, AP 4 = 1 Wound' EDIT 2: Lost this Hit
Seth driving the Zone yells at Cantrell in a controlled gruff voice, ” Cantrell, Hang on, I am going to try to get some off of Zee! Fuck! Did a pair of them leap onto the Zone? You won’t be able to hit them with the Daka, want to go outside?” The hi pitch whine of a drill echoes on the roof from the back of the Zone, ” Frack! Cantrell they are trying to cut their way in! Green button on your fire control pops the top hatch... If you go outside close the hatch—. They are using plasma!”
<<Roger that, Seth. You just get us to that mountain in time to save those kids.>>

Popping the hatch, Cantrell leaps out of the turret and pulls her AT-130 pistol in one smooth motion. As soon as it clears her holster she's firing, pulling the trigger as fast as her cyber-enhanced reflexes will let her, the combat processors in her skillsofts tracking targets at lightspeed. She fires a dozen shots in a few seconds, all but one finding their mark, cutting down the raptors on and around the Zone Ranger with the precision that only a Big Damn Hero can muster.

[Nine shots hit raptors, prioritizing those on and near the Zone Ranger, then those attacking Zeal. One shot inflicts 1 Wound; one shot inflicts 2 Wounds; two shots inflict 4 Wounds each; one shot inflicts 5 Wounds; four shots inflict Shaken (or 1 Wound if already Shaken)]

<<All clear, Seth, just ...>>

There's a pop in her brain and everything goes black.

As her amplified reflexes twitch and her body sways on the roof of the Zone Ranger, Cantrell's consciousness is somewhere else, a black space like the void where she last saw Bane. She sees nothing in the darkness -- she's not sure she even has eyes -- but she hears voices talking nearby.

" ... You know what the book says. It's plainly written."

"And the Black One has said that's not how it should be interpreted ..."

"Bah! The Black One is a fool, reinterpreting the laws at his whim. Do not speak of him here."

"Perhaps. But this one's purpose is not yet fulfilled."

"There is a contingency."

"True. The seed was planted. But something would be lost, as well. Let this one continue, awhile longer. The fire burns bright in her."

"And consumes much. Very well. The Black One's interpretation stands. Carry on."

The world slides sideways and Cantrell catches herself, at the edge of the Zone Ranger's roof. Her pistol smokes in her hand, dead raptors littering the ground behind the speeding vehicle.

She groans a little as something seems to click back into place in the space where her brain stem joins her spine.

I gotta get this shit recalibrated, whatever it is, she thinks as she turns toward descending mountain, one eye looking back over shoulder where the giant eye looms in the fog.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Evasion 6, Maneuver 11, K:Arc 15 (3 succ)
Evasive Maneuvers:
Base d12+3, MachMaest +2, Scene -4, Speed Kills -4. Net roll: d12-3
Piloting [dice:1wo2qilj]47221:0[/dice:1wo2qilj]
Wild Pilot [dice:1wo2qilj]47221:1[/dice:1wo2qilj]
Extra Effort [dice:1wo2qilj]47221:2[/dice:1wo2qilj]
W/Elan = 6

Actions:
Tail:
Land the Plane!
Base d12+3, MachMaest +2, Emergency Landing Maneuver -4, Speed Kills -4. Net roll: d12-3
Piloting [dice:1wo2qilj]47221:3[/dice:1wo2qilj] ACE [dice:1wo2qilj]47221:5[/dice:1wo2qilj]
Wild Pilot [dice:1wo2qilj]47221:4[/dice:1wo2qilj]

Main Action:
Begin Dramatic Task (Knowledge: Arcana Dramatic Task)
Base d12+2, DT Difficulty -2, Trying to get to 5 successes total before mountain crashes.
Knowledge: Arcana [dice:1wo2qilj]47221:6[/dice:1wo2qilj]
Wild K: Arc [dice:1wo2qilj]47221:7[/dice:1wo2qilj]
Extra Effort Benny w/Elan [dice:1wo2qilj]47221:8[/dice:1wo2qilj]

Got two bennies, used two bennies.
Libertas shakes his head, dipping the plane below a boulder that comes a little too close for comfort. "No time, no time, no time... we can't get close enough to save them. No chinchilla-fellating time... wait, time, that's gotta be it. Temporal distortion...." You're right, Libertas--that could be the source of the gravitational flux, if the dinos are from an alternate timeline.... "But how do we--Okay, I gotta get down to the mountain. JUDE! Hang on tight, this is gonna be a little bumpy!"

Without further ado, he sends the plane into a steep dive, letting gravity do the work of getting them close enough for the next part--then, just as it seems the plane's going to end up going splat, he pulls up--the sharp turn causing the plane to lose speed, allowing him to make an almost unbelievably gentle landing on a ledge on the mountainside.

"Okay, Jude, if any of those serpent dudes show up, shoot 'em. I gotta think!"

Leaping out from the Flyer onto the ledge, he looks out at the crowded, foggy airspace, starting to move his hands to help him visualize as he tracks the objects moving through the air, muttering constantly, in a blend of complex, five-dimensional mathematics and anatomically improbable cursing.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Valley of Thunder
Sunset
Round 0

“Whoa!” Jude exclaimed, clutching onto his safety harness as he swung out the side door of the plane, his other hand securing his rifle on its sling against his chest. “Wait, we’re landing on the mountain that is going to crash into the ground in a few seconds?” he exclaimed as he righted himself as Libertas brought the flyer into a landing.

“Crap in a hat.” Jude scanned for more snakemen. “Jitters, you got those kids? Cantrell, nice shooting. Can you tell those civvies to forget about the damn truck and get clear?”
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

OOC Comments
Cyber Knight Zee Hail: Seeing that the raptors he was fighting have all been killed he nods back at Cantrell and zooms as if a blur zooms back to the top of the zone ranger and touches Cantrell on the arm. The knight’s armor glows a deep blue as some of its stored energy flows into Cantrell. ” This will help you strike true. Not that you need it.”. He grins at her as Cantrells shooting becomes litterally ridiculous. He glances back to the fog with a hint of worry. ”Something huge is coming through.” (@cantrell gains +2 die types to shooting)
OOC Comments
Boost Trait from the armor -2 Map: Psionics roll greater boost shooting upping isp for +2 bonus [dice:1i4jdz1z]47275:0[/dice:1i4jdz1z] wild [dice:1i4jdz1z]47275:1[/dice:1i4jdz1z]

Knight Seth Merihk guns the engines of the Zone rapidly increasing the speed. A flying Boulder comes out of no where. ”Hang on!”. He swerves to the left and expertly avoids the boulder. Inside the Zone uncle Mac mumbles behind the gag, We are all going to die!. Unseen he starts to fumble with something in his hands despite being bound.
OOC Comments
Piloting: d10+2, speed 25” -2, [dice:1i4jdz1z]47275:2[/dice:1i4jdz1z] wild [dice:1i4jdz1z]47275:3[/dice:1i4jdz1z] total 4.
The kid on Jitters clings to the quick flex’s neck for dear life. ” Th- Th- Thanks bra”. A 15” drop is terrifying to a little grackle kid. This does give jitters a -1 to his next agility roll vs flying rocks (+1 benny for being a hero).

The ledge where libertas landed [dice:1i4jdz1z]47275:4[/dice:1i4jdz1z] snake men crawl out of holes in the rock brandishing weapons of all manner including tail gripped rocket launchers. Near the bottom of the mountain the two snake men leap off the rock trying to grapple jitters in mid air! While [dice:1i4jdz1z]47275:7[/dice:1i4jdz1z] more come out of various caves looking to either attack Jitters or the people below. ( Jitters needs to make two oposed finghting checks, one vs a 3 and the other vs a 6)
OOC Comments
Fighting [dice:1i4jdz1z]47275:5[/dice:1i4jdz1z]
Fighting [dice:1i4jdz1z]47275:6[/dice:1i4jdz1z]
The last five raptors open fire on Cantrell and Zee Hail. Lighting, eldritch, and plasma energy leap out from the raptors at Cantrell. It seems like only a lighting blast might have connected (1 wound and shaken).

3 to Cantrell
Raptor 1 lightning tw vehicle laser: Shooting [dice:1i4jdz1z]d12+4[/dice:1i4jdz1z] ( targeting and skill chip), ignores 2 pts of penalties) -2 to hit from speed, light vehicular laser: [dice:1i4jdz1z]47275:8[/dice:1i4jdz1z] becomes a 4(-1 dodge, -2 to hit)
Damage: [dice:1i4jdz1z]47275:11[/dice:1i4jdz1z] ace [dice:1i4jdz1z]47275:12[/dice:1i4jdz1z] ap 7 MD
Raptor 2 eldritch tw vehicle laser: Shooting [dice:1i4jdz1z]d12+4[/dice:1i4jdz1z] ( targeting and skill chip), ignores 2 pts of penalties) -2 to hit from speed, light vehicular laser: [dice:1i4jdz1z]47275:9[/dice:1i4jdz1z]
Raptor 3 fires off its tail embedded tw plasma ejector: Shooting [dice:1i4jdz1z]47275:10[/dice:1i4jdz1z] ( targeting and skill chip), ignores 2 pts of penalties) -2 to hit from speed, -2 hit medium range -1 dodge, -2 hit becomes a 3

2 Zee Hail
Raptor 1 rushing water tw light laser cannon shooting [dice:1i4jdz1z]47275:13[/dice:1i4jdz1z]
Damage, [dice:1i4jdz1z]47275:16[/dice:1i4jdz1z] ace [dice:1i4jdz1z]47275:17[/dice:1i4jdz1z] ace [dice:1i4jdz1z]47275:19[/dice:1i4jdz1z]
Raptor 2 dark fire tw light laser cannon shooting [dice:1i4jdz1z]47275:14[/dice:1i4jdz1z]
Damage [dice:1i4jdz1z]47275:18[/dice:1i4jdz1z]
Zee Hail Benny: [dice:1i4jdz1z]47275:20[/dice:1i4jdz1z] wild [dice:1i4jdz1z]47275:21[/dice:1i4jdz1z]

Does momma dino arrive? Only on a 6, [dice:1i4jdz1z]47275:15[/dice:1i4jdz1z]
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Libertas and Jude
On the mountain’s ledge so neatly parked from a grackletooth sized cave comes three more snake men each with a vibro sword, laser pistol, and rocket launcher coiled in their tail. The one who steps out first hisses, ”Cobblerot? Meg? Teethface?” Silience only greets him and he and his two other friends turn their anger and attention on Libertas and Jude. One thing about the snake men now that you are closer, they are have an interesting sigil on their armor. Sort of resembling the crest of Tolkien but with an errily familiar G not seen since Gloom. Kn: Politics (-4), +2 if you fought on the side of Tolkien, +4 if you either fought with Victoria Giest’s Tolkien western forces or against them frequently. (Success: Yes it is the sigil General Victoria Geist used during the war)
Jude
Radio Trasmittion from Unlce Mac using a CS subvocalizer ”Hey kid... You guys are going where we can’t go. I wish I... I wish I could be at Nicky’s wedding. Jack just returned from the field right before we met up with you. Glad he came back in perfect order. No hard feeling kid I hope. Remember when we used to play catch outside your father’s estate? The sun was shinning. Family means so muc... Argghh... See you later Jude.” The trasmission goes dead as well as the three CS operatives. Poison capsule developed for CS special forces heading into dangerous territory with an inciderary head bomb preventing folks from IDing them even on the genetic level.
Being connected to someone when they buy it like that especially a dear uncle is to say the least disturbing. Vigor at -2 or you take a -2 penalty from being shaken to your core and possibly throwing up during the quick combat.
BeAbout the sigil: Sort of resembling the crest of Tolkien but with an errily familiar G not seen since Gloom. Kn: Politics (-4), +2 if you fought on the side of Tolkien, +4 if you either fought with Victoria Giest’s Tolkien western forces or against them frequently. (Success: Yes it is the sigil General Victoria Geist used during the war)
Libertas
Do you feel that Libertas? Something lurks in that cave... One sec. Libertas’ tail disappears for a moment. Then it returns. I went into the future of things to come Libertas. There are two dark shadows in the cave. One is corrupted by power unimaginable, a mentor scorned now become a plague upon your soul. The other also dark, but I can sense a dim light full of fury in the blind warrior woman.

In Libertas’ mind a foul wicked yet familiar voice calls, ” I am here Libertas! You think you have the power to stop this rock from killing those pour souls trapped in the vehicle? I need them for a sacrifice. I need them for my work. You killed so many of my creatures already... Perhaps I can kill you and your team and start over here... I travelled to Stormspire and found the right half of the book gone missing. You took it didn’t you? You betrayed me once, and now again you seek to do so! Argghhh!!! I will see you dead at my feet!” Admist your many calculations of the magic and gravitational fluxes affecting this rock and region, suddenly you can tell the variables are rapidly changing by design. Its as if something or someone has set itself against you.
+1 benny for finding the hidden dramatic task,
5 success needed, 3 made. This round your target for kn arcana is [dice:1jt7a3xa]47276:0[/dice:1jt7a3xa] wild [dice:1jt7a3xa]47276:1[/dice:1jt7a3xa]
Rounds left: 1 for sure, after this round the mountain gets its own card draw.

However the temporal effect of your tail/lady viggo going forward and back in time leaves you a bit queezy to say the least. Make a vigor check at -2, fail and you are at -2 to the dramat task.
Jitters

Jitters is suddenly thrust into a future time stream. He sees a shadowy figure of a woman made of maelviolence, next to her is a cyber knight with no eyes, an altara. The Altara has two items in her hand as the mountain lifts higher and higher. The Altara raises the items, the severed head of Jude with a WTF look, and the goggles of Goggles. The shadow laughs, ” So that is all that is left of the Lover and TechnoWizard?”. The Altara nods, ” Yes Geist.”.
Then it ends and you got a terrified Grackle kid on your back. It is still about 15” down to the ground. He grips hold of your neck fumbling for a hand hold. His claws nick you a bit and his weight gives you a bit more difficulty in dodging the zooming boulders that populate this area of the valley. ”Th-Th- Thanks Bra... Those rocks... Hit us hard... Oh bra... My ma!” Below you can see four humanoids, 2 quickflexes and 2 humans trying to open the doors or bust the windsheild of the wrecked Mountaineer to no avail. Six folks appear to be trapped inside mostly injured, and Jitters can see a large grackle female among them not moving. The four humanoids look up taking stock of the Mountain decending.

From above two snake men cry out, ” For the Shadow!” Fearless they leap down at Jitters trying to grab hold of him! As the decend Jitters can see a strange emblem on their shoulder plating. From the bottom of the mountain out of a cave another Snake man comes out sticking expertly to the bottom of the mountain. He spits at Jitters worried for his fallen comrades. ” Valerie? Dogbone? You killed my clans men and now we kill you!”

+1 benny for being heroic
-1 to future agility rolls as the grack kid is throwing your mojo off.
Two fighting rolls are needed to avoid being grappled: target to beat and 3 and 6. Fail any of those and you are at -2 to the quick combat

About the sigil: Sort of resembling the crest of Tolkien but with an errily familiar G not seen since Gloom. Kn: Politics (-4), +2 if you fought on the side of Tolkien, +4 if you either fought with Victoria Giest’s Tolkien western forces or against them frequently. (Success: Yes it is the sigil General Victoria Geist used during the war)
Cantrell
As the Zone Ranger begins to leave the Raptors behind the last five take one last shot. A blast of Lighting strikes Cantrell in the mid section and Zee Hail is right their taking her hand making sure she doesn’t tumble off. ” I got you Cantrell.” He grins looking back at the raptors trying to hit them in vain, ” You sure got them all riled up, and you took out these two as well. Nice shooting, I imagine even more will need to be done.” His armor glows and Cantrell can feel her aim and shooting reflexes reach a new level. He ducks under a blast of water and shows her his wrist communicator, ” There look Cantrell! Look! Every Cyber Knight has a locator becon in their armor. Merikh gave me the frequency of Lucretia... There... She is Nea—“ His wrist communicator is blinking rapidly but his words are cut off as a dark purple flame reminicent of ones Cantrell saw in gloom rakes across his back. Zee Hail falls to the ground gravely wounded, ” Argghh! What was that!” He gets to a knee keeping hold of Cantrell as Merkih swerves to avoid an oncoming boulder.

The two dead raptor bodies on the Zone slide off but Cantrell catches a glimpse of the sigil on their shoulders. About the sigil: Sort of resembling the crest of Tolkien but with an errily familiar G not seen since Gloom. Kn: Politics (-4), +2 if you fought on the side of Tolkien, +4 if you either fought with Victoria Giest’s Tolkien western forces or against them frequently. (Success: Yes it is the sigil General Victoria Geist used during the war)

Agility roll (no negatives because of the knights help) to hang on as Merkih drives like a mad man.

You also took a wound. If you are shaken when the quick combat roll comes you are at a -2?
Cliff Hangers Merikh while swerving to avoid boulder after boulder hops on the comms, ” I hate to be the bearer of bad news but those CS folks fried themselves. Nothing is left... Must have been something crainial. We searched them... Oh the smell.” A loud roar from the fog surrounding the valley drowns out anything else he was going to say. Still like a shark the crest of a dinosaur larger than anything you have seen so far dips in and out of the fog like a hunting cat stalking its prey.

Zee Hail joins Merikh on the comms. He sounds hurt but grunts throught the pain, ” Don’t let those raptors hit you with that purple fire. Ack... Its not healing... Nadya look out!!”
Cliff Hanger Benny for Cantrell
+1 benny if you include in your quick combat the thing Zee was warning you about
On the Mountain, the snake men still alliave slither towards Jude and Libertas. One of them ignites a flaming sword, ” The shadow calls us to kill you. Kneel and we will be swift. Then you will be reborn like us. We were like you once... But then we shed our skin and became more.”

Jitters in the air, snake men are leaping at you. If grappled it makes what is coming that much harder to dodge. The one snake slithering on the bottom of the mountain looks at you with purple slit eyes. Its mouth breathes a purple fire threatening to engulf you and the grackle kid! The Kid looks behind Jitters yelling out, ”Bra, what the frack is that?”
Mountain Cliff Hanger Benny, Jitters, Jude, and Libertas
What was the thing the Grackle kid saw, please end your description with, But that was not all so someone else can add on] +1 benny if you describe something horribly cool]

Player Directions, two steps read here.
Step 1: Roll your roll either included in your OCC or if flying Agiliy at -2.
Step 2: (not Libertas) Quick Combat at no negatives other than if you failed step 1. Chose your combat roll.
Crit Fail: 1d4 wounds
Fail: 1 wound
Success: no wounds
Raise +1 benny
Success Required: 5 (Every success below 5 gives Libertas an aditional -1 to his dramatic task roll), 7 Successes gives Libertas a +1, and 9 successes gives him a +2.

Libertas: You are slightly different, you get to compete with Geist for control over the laws of arcana and physics. Your choice of skill, Arcana or Science at 0 modifer unless you fail the vigor-2 check, but your TN is 10 and you need two more successes. In case you are wondering your foe does have killer instinct in the case of a tie.

Where is everyone and where do we end up.

-Cantrel, Zee, Seth and the Zone are about 150” from the Mountain/Mountaineer, behind them about 50” are 5 raptors.
-Libertas, Jude are on the middle of the mountain parked on a ledge. Snake men came out of a cave and are going to kill them.
-Jitters in under the mountain say 75” from Libertas and Jude, but 15” from the Mountainer trapped with people.

How do we get the people out of the Mountaineer? For now that rests with Libertas’ dramatic task. But you can still affect it by racking up successes on the quick combat.

For Powers that are active treat this as an additional round of activation. My own thoughts is this will eventually lead back to some kind of showdown and regular combat.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

2 bennies spent, Vigor success, Exemplar Self Raise, K: Arc 2 successes, Corruption resist success
Initiative: [dice:2xg17k0c]47288:12[/dice:2xg17k0c]
Improved Level Headed Initiative: [dice:2xg17k0c]47288:13[/dice:2xg17k0c]

+1 Benny for locating the DT
Vigor [dice:2xg17k0c]47288:0[/dice:2xg17k0c] ACE [dice:2xg17k0c]47288:2[/dice:2xg17k0c]
Wild Vigor [dice:2xg17k0c]47288:1[/dice:2xg17k0c]

Actions:
Tail:
Cast Exemplar: K: Arcana on self
TW [dice:2xg17k0c]47288:3[/dice:2xg17k0c]
Wild TW [dice:2xg17k0c]47288:4[/dice:2xg17k0c]
Bennie Extra Effort [dice:2xg17k0c]47288:7[/dice:2xg17k0c]
Raise: +8 DT for K: Arcana, final K: Arc roll = d12+10

Main Action:
Dramatic Task: K: Arcana Difficulty 10, need 2 more successes to finish.
Base d12+10, -2 for Task Difficulty.
Dramatic Task [dice:2xg17k0c]47288:8[/dice:2xg17k0c]
Wild K: Arcana [dice:2xg17k0c]47288:9[/dice:2xg17k0c]
Extra Effort Bennie w/ Elan [dice:2xg17k0c]47288:11[/dice:2xg17k0c]

Corruption Resistance [dice:2xg17k0c]47288:5[/dice:2xg17k0c] ACE [dice:2xg17k0c]47288:10[/dice:2xg17k0c]
Wild Spirit [dice:2xg17k0c]47288:6[/dice:2xg17k0c]
5/2 bennies net
As his tail flickers in and out of existence, Libertas manages to keep an even keel.
Dark lady, huh, lemme guess.... Sure enough, he feels the unpleasant intrusion of Geist into his mind. That twisted little Morlock-molester is like a bad penny. Wait--did you say--holy shit!

"Okay, people, because we ain't got enough shit in this rapidly swirling toilet, Victoria Geist is in the damned cave up here, she's trying to sacrifice the folks down below so dammit save them already. Oh, and for extra catshit sprinkles on the sundae, I'm pretty sure she's got Lucretia mindslaved in there, so soon as I get this mountain turned around, Jude and I will go in there and free her. In the meantime, Jude see if you can kill or seduce or whatever those snake-men for me, okay?"

No time to play it safe. Let's make me even more of a genius. Twice in one day, Libertas? You know the risks-- And they're less than the risks of failing here, so let's do it! The Tail holds his staff aloft, the copper wires from the surface swing around and touch his temples; immediately, a massive surge of dark green-black-purple energy surges into him, causing his eyes to glow with that eerie color as he gets a grim smile on his features. He begins making the calculations again, easily countering the moves Geist instituted to interfere with him.

As the mountain's trajectory shifts to his maneuvers, he bellows out towards the cave, "Geist! You're going to have to bring better than your C-game if you want to go up against me, you besotted harlot! Every time we've met, you've lost a little more! Learn some pattern recognition skills and fuck off with a side order of fuck you, already!"
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

K. Politics 1
-4 difficulty
K. Politics [dice:3rujebbi]47300:0[/dice:3rujebbi]
Wild [dice:3rujebbi]47300:1[/dice:3rujebbi]
Vigor 6
-2 difficulty, +1 armor
Vigor [dice:3rujebbi]47300:2[/dice:3rujebbi]
Wild [dice:3rujebbi]47300:3[/dice:3rujebbi]
Benny for Extra Effort Elan
[dice:3rujebbi]47300:4[/dice:3rujebbi]
Shooting 16; 4 successes
+2 armor targeting enhancement, +2 Ion, +2 Marksman, +1 Trademark Weapon
Shooting [dice:3rujebbi]47300:5[/dice:3rujebbi]
Wild [dice:3rujebbi]47300:6[/dice:3rujebbi]
Benny for Extra Effort Elan
[dice:3rujebbi]47300:7[/dice:3rujebbi]
Valley of Thunder
Sunset
Round 0

Jude spotted the new snakemen arriving, very well armed. He noted the sigil on their armor, but didn’t recognize it.

Then Jude was distracted as he got a radio transmission...from his Uncle Mac! “What? Mac! Jack can’t be back. He’s dead! I killed him!” Jude shouted, but then heard the small splat of his uncle’s exploding head. Jude felt his stomach roil, but kept it together.

Think about it later. Something was up. He needed to warn Nikki.

"Okay, people, because we ain't got enough shit in this rapidly swirling toilet, Victoria Geist is in the damned cave up here, she's trying to sacrifice the folks down below so dammit save them already. Oh, and for extra catshit sprinkles on the sundae, I'm pretty sure she's got Lucretia mindslaved in there, so soon as I get this mountain turned around, Jude and I will go in there and free her. In the meantime, Jude see if you can kill or seduce or whatever those snake-men for me, okay?" Libertas announced.

“Seduce? Really? Ew,” Jude said. “And Geist? How many times do we have to kill her? Maybe she’s the one that needs to get laid.” He lifted his rifle, opening fire on the advancing snakemen.
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Soaked Wound, ID'd Geist, Held On and got 10 Successes in QC
Benny to Soak the wound w/Elan, while still applies :(
Vigor [dice:2jvpr3lk]47437:0[/dice:2jvpr3lk]
Wild 1 [dice:2jvpr3lk]47437:1[/dice:2jvpr3lk]
Wild 2 [dice:2jvpr3lk]47437:2[/dice:2jvpr3lk] = Ace! [dice:2jvpr3lk]47437:12[/dice:2jvpr3lk] = Success

Kn: Politics (assuming Cantrell fought against Geist in the war)
Kn: Politics [dice:2jvpr3lk]47437:3[/dice:2jvpr3lk]
Wild 1 [dice:2jvpr3lk]47437:4[/dice:2jvpr3lk] = Ace! [dice:2jvpr3lk]47437:13[/dice:2jvpr3lk] = Success
Wild 2 [dice:2jvpr3lk]47437:5[/dice:2jvpr3lk]

Agility to hold on
Agility [dice:2jvpr3lk]47437:6[/dice:2jvpr3lk]
Wild 1 [dice:2jvpr3lk]47437:7[/dice:2jvpr3lk]
Wild 2 [dice:2jvpr3lk]47437:8[/dice:2jvpr3lk] = Ace! [dice:2jvpr3lk]47437:14[/dice:2jvpr3lk] = Success

Quick Combat, Shooting is at 1d12+8 with the boost from Zee Hail
Shooting [dice:2jvpr3lk]47437:9[/dice:2jvpr3lk]
Wild 1 [dice:2jvpr3lk]47437:10[/dice:2jvpr3lk] = Ace! [dice:2jvpr3lk]47437:15[/dice:2jvpr3lk] = Ace! [dice:2jvpr3lk]47437:17[/dice:2jvpr3lk] = Lol. Ace! [dice:2jvpr3lk]47437:18[/dice:2jvpr3lk] And my final Red Benny (+1d4) for Extra Effort + Elan: [dice:2jvpr3lk]47437:19[/dice:2jvpr3lk]+[dice:2jvpr3lk]47437:20[/dice:2jvpr3lk] = And, of course, the 1d4 Aces! [dice:2jvpr3lk]47437:21[/dice:2jvpr3lk] = 41, which is 10 successes.
Wild 2 [dice:2jvpr3lk]47437:11[/dice:2jvpr3lk] = Ace! [dice:2jvpr3lk]47437:16[/dice:2jvpr3lk]

2 Bennies used (including Red Benny), 2 Bennies gained (for mentioning what spooked Zee Hail and raise on Quick Combat)
Cantrell keeps an eye on the Mother-of-All-Cyber-Dinos lurking behind them, but more immediate threats soon demand her attention. Zee Hail slaps some kind of magic on her that makes her eyes dilate and her trigger-finger itch, then he's blasted by a gout of purple fire. The radio erupts with chatter about cranial bombs and dead CS -- Sorry about that, Jude, the Mavericks are thinning out faster than you can make more -- even as her eyes fall on a strange sigil branded on the shoulders of the raptors she just killed. Like the Tolkien crest, but with a stylized G ...

Just like the one that bitch used in the war she thinks, even as Libertas speaks her damned name.

He follows it up with another name -- Lucretia -- that gives her pause even as the Zone Ranger bucks and swerves beneath her feet. Engaging the mag-clamps in her boots, Cantrell rides the speeding vehicle like a hoverboard as she starts to issue orders ... then ducks in the nick of time as Zee Hail calls out a warning.

Spinning around, Cantrell starts firing her pistol as soon as she catches sight of the thing, a black-scaled winged dinosaur festooned with energized blades and short-range plasma blasters. She weaves and dodges, briefly grappling with the thing before she manages to put a trio of shots into its brain and the cybernetic processing core protruding from its neck.

Holstering the pistol, she switches to her Wilk's battle rifle, which she fires like a maestro playing a violin. Honed by magic, cybernetics and a lifetime of combat, her marksmanship is peerless. Double-pulse blasts of laser fire lance into the air, dropping snakemen as fast as they erupt from the floating mountain and putting down any remaining cyber-dinos in the immediate vicinity. Between blasts, she fires armor-piercing grenades from the underbarrel launcher, each one arcing expertly into the cave mouth and nearby exhaust vents in the mountain's side.

See how well you can concentrate with that to chew on, you rotten old bitch she thinks, imagining one of the grenades rolling between the feet of a surprised Victoria Geist.

<<Whatever you're going to do, do it now, Libertas! Time's running out!>>
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

OOC Comments
Erin Tarin the wizened lore keeper and chronicler of Rifts Earth looked down at a bright-eyed half human. The two were in a warm and cozy study surrounded by all manner of books and a warm fire place crackles softly in the corner providing ample light to the room.

Erin laughs closing a book titles Legends of the Black and picks up another one titled The 13th “Heroes of Our Time”. Softly she says to her small friend, ” So Zolo, you wanted a story about great big heroes against a foe steeped in darkness?”

The halfling nods excitedly, ” Yeah that would be awesome!”

Erin nods and opens the book to a chapter called Legend of Thunder Valley and starts to read.
Up Up and Away! Giest called out from her hidey hole deep within the mountain. Her voice sounded like a harsh cold wind bitting your ears. It was no meak breeze, it roared across the valley like thunder drum! ” Libertas! The 13th! Thorns in my side from day one! Libertas you think I am half-assing our encounters? You think you puppetted me? You think you are gleaming a forbidden knowledge that I did not spoon feed you from the moment we have met? You are a fool! You created me and I will finish you! Who do you think recommended Angriman take you under his wing? Who designed the experiments on your quick-flex friend? Who ensured the Maverick’s involvment in camp Kander? Do you think Cantrell lucked into being stationed there?” Geist laughs long and hard and continues her villanous monologue, ” Goggles I am here for the Long Game, Tolkeen’s fall was but the first step in my designs, the Family my secondary machinations... You may have thwarted me in Gloom, but this time... Haha, you think to save those below you? This mountain will rise higher than any object was meant too... IT will come crashing down and unleash power not seen since the cataclasm! I will remake this world as the soul power as I see fit. It will be paradise, all thanks to you!” From the large cave her laughter echoes outward.

The mountain indeed does halt its downward trajectory only to move upward gaining speed. A gigantic rift forms above the mountain and it starts to fly into it. The rift is ginormus engulfing the mountain’s peak first and working its way down. Through the rift the 13th can see a large city with gleaming flags flying high on the tops of some of its largest spires: Dweomer!

On the ground, Sir Merikh angles the zone ranger towards the lifting mountain base, he swerves close enough to a dangling vine that anyone on the roof of the zone could leap on the mountain. Knight Zee Hail looks at Cantrell as they hang onto the Zone’s roof. His eyes look backward at the mist and dart to the people still trapped in the crashed Mountaineer. ”Cantrell, Merikh and I can get these people to saftey! It sounds like the true enemy has revealed themselves. I...” A moment of regret passes along his face, ” I am sorry for my behavior. In truth I had felt something dark within your ranks, but now I see it was whatever connection Libertas has with Giest... You must be careful!” The dangling vine comes within grasp allowing Cantrell a way onto the mountain. He places a silver com unit in Cantrell’s hand sensing perhaps she may make the jump, ” Go, and activate that beacon. We will find you!”

On the Mountain itself, Libertas and Jude feel their weight shift like being in a sharply accending elevator. Rocks tumble down and bang into the flyer. They have but a moment to decide to either go for the ride or get into the flyer and leave. Jumping down half the mountain would leave them with a 150” fall that no mortal could survive.

Jitters zooming low sees the busted mountaineer in all its wreckage. It looks like the back of the mountaineer has all kindsw of luggage and carpet bags. These people were clearly leaving some place. One of the humans trying to help his friends out of the mountaineer even has a jacket on identifying himself as a member of the Dweomer Defense Force. He even catches sight of an unconcious kid in the backseat holding halfhazardly a tiny flag of Dweomer on a stick. The Mountain starts to soar into a a humungous rift 300” above the ground. Below him he sees the zone ranger speeding for a vine with Cantrell and knight Zee Hail on its roof. He hears Sir Merihk call him on the comms, ” Jitters we can take care of the civilians down here. I fought with this Geist during the Tolkeen war she is a madwoman! She cannot be left to her own devices!” Jitters has a moment where he can land on the mountain near Libertas and Jude or follow Cantrell before the mountain disapears through the rift.

Player Directions:

React and choose to stay on the mountain (go through a rift) or stay in Thunder Valley.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas laughs as he heads towards the tunnel. "You're saying you deliberately brought together the people who would later cause you to fail, on multiple occasions? Oh, Geist-baby, that's so wonderfully pathetic. It's like watching an infant reach into their diaper and pull out a big ol' double-handful of poop and display it proudly, shouting, 'Look what I made!" at their parent's fancy dress dinner party."

Grabbing his gear-kit, he nods to Jude. "I'm going in; see if I can veer us off before we crash into Dweomer. I'd give you some wings, but I gotta save some juice for dealing with her. See if you can keep the snakes from coming in behind me?" Without waiting for an answer, he heads into the cave. Alright, Lady V. Remember where we parked. Libertas, you are a strange man. A good one, I think, but strange.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Valley of Thunder
Sunset
Round 0

“Geist? Fucking Geist!” Jude cursed. “And what was that about...Camp Kander?” Jude only vaguely recognized the name. He looked up at the rift and then down at the Mountaineer.

“If you have that, Merrick, I am going after Lucretia,” Jude said.

"I'm going in; see if I can veer us off before we crash into Dweomer. I'd give you some wings, but I gotta save some juice for dealing with her. See if you can keep the snakes from coming in behind me?" Libertas said.

Jude stared at the techno-wizard, but he was already heading inside. “Right, because the non-magic guy can fly a mountain,” Jude said bitterly. “Maybe if I ask it nicely…”

Jude looked down toward Cantrell (OOC: Assuming she’s coming up) and offered her a hand up to the ledge before heading into the mountain himself.
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

”Cantrell, Merikh and I can get these people to saftey! It sounds like the true enemy has revealed themselves. I...” A moment of regret passes along his face, ” I am sorry for my behavior. In truth I had felt something dark within your ranks, but now I see it was whatever connection Libertas has with Giest... You must be careful!” The dangling vine comes within grasp allowing Cantrell a way onto the mountain. He places a silver com unit in Cantrell’s hand sensing perhaps she may make the jump, ” Go, and activate that beacon. We will find you!”
As the rift opens above and Cantrell finds herself facing a leap from the speeding vehicle to a flying mountain piloted by an undead sorceress, the weary look on her face dissolves into a smile. Cantrell laughs -- a bright, genuine sound that seems to bounce along the comm channel like bells.

<<Oh, Hail, I'm sure you and Seth will do fine. Looks like this crew of mine has other obligations -- the bitch is back, and there's a magical portal with who-knows-what on the other side. It's kind of our thing>>
she says, accepting the silver comm unit and leaning back into the turret to snag her armored pack.

<<To be honest, I thought about shooting you more than once. Glad I didn't. And I hope you can see -- my boys aren't perfect, far from it, but they have their uses. See you on the other side.>>

With that, she engages her jet pack and soars after the ascending mountain, landing lightly on the shaking ledge near Jude and Libertas. She knows Jitters will be along soon, probably singing show-tunes while executing a somersault, just as she knows Libertas has a plan already in progress, and Jude is probably wondering, not for the last time, how he ended up with a bunch of lunatics instead of the nice wife of a superior officer.

My family, she thinks as she accepts Jude's hand, then claps him on the back and smiles reassuringly.

<<Seems like the sort of shit that's in our wheelhouse, don't you think boys?>> she says, slapping a fresh clip into her rifle. <<Just watch your asses -- and keep your eyes off mine, Jude -- and we'll come out the other side just fine, like we always do.>>

And if this time is different? Well ... what if it is? she thinks. There are worse ways to go out, and worse traveling companions to have on the journey.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Valley of Thunder
Sunset
Round 0

“Well, if you didn’t have such a fine ass, Cantrell,” Jude quipped, “it wouldn’t be so hard. He grinned at her, checking his weapons again. “Okay. I guess I’m ready. Let’s go fuck Geist up.”
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards

Return to “13th SET Adventure Forum”