Proposed Race: Genchi

stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Proposed Race: Genchi

Post by stormwell »

Race Name

Description: (Full background text of the Genchi called be found in Realms of Darmonica: Frozen Skies.)
The Genchi are a humanoid race that are set apart from Humans by three physical features; green pointed ears, slightly prehensile hairless tail in matching skin tone to ears and 4-digits only on both hands and feet as opposed to Human norm of 5-digits.

They were once the slaves of a technology advanced ancient civilisation on their world of origin, though managed to survive the downfall of their overlords. They process a skill with technology that is almost supernatural, the few that have arrived on Rifts Earth have adapted to the local technology in a short amount of time to become highly skilled mechanics. Though their physical characteristics set them apart on their home world, this is compounded on Rifts Earth by their lack of native knowledge.
  • Racial Abilities and Complications
  • Agile Genchi are agile creatures and start with d6 in Agility.
  • Grease Mechanic The Genchi process an almost supernatural affinity with technology, as a result they begin with d6 in Repair.
  • Distinctive D-Bee Genchi are humanoid in form, they have physical features that set them apart from human and therefore are subject to extreme prejudice in any CS Territory. They suffer a -4 Charisma with CS citizens. With a little bit of care and the right choice of clothing, Genchi can 'pass' for human when the need arises.
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Proposed Race: Genchi

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Hello,

May I recommend just swapping Outsider for "Distinctive D-bee"?

Not sure what Genchi look like but this seems to be the Rifts version of Outsider for the most part.

I did that with the half-elf from Shaintair and it balanced out and fit with the setting a little better.

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Venatus Vinco wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:36 am Hello,

May I recommend just swapping Outsider for "Distinctive D-bee"?

Not sure what Genchi look like but this seems to be the Rifts version of Outsider for the most part.

I did that with the half-elf from Shaintair and it balanced out and fit with the setting a little better.

VV
I second VV here.

"Outsider" in Rifts is almost always an "Outcast". Once aligned with society but now shunned.
"Distinctive D-Bee" just means that the Coalition States have it in for your character, just like they do for everyone else in Rifts.
Sarge's Roles _

GM of a Vauxhall Knights Campaign

Player Characters - Savage Rifts Groups
  • Architect, Chaing-Ku - Vampire Hunters
  • Silverclaws, Wolfen MARS Techno-Warrior - 18th COT
  • Xero X Kalvin, Psi-Stalker Chiller (Burster Variant) - 12th AAT
  • Doc Olliday, D'Norr Cyber Doc/Weird Scientist - 24th COT
  • Luke, In'Valian MARS Rogue Scholar/Super Scientist - 77th CIT
  • Asher Black, Human Information Broker - Level 4: Shattered Dreams
  • Ozzati, Trimadore Techno-Wizard - 7th SET
  • White Castle, Human MARS Rogue Scholar/Legacy Scout - The 32nd
Player Characters - Savage Dimensions
[*]
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by stormwell »

Probably an idea.

OK, really a cousin but same physical looks.

https://app.box.com/s/ze8wkvr44igzxsmlne98xu5u2ltunw9v

Return to “Archived Recruits”