Part 4: Giest’s Mountain, The Trials

Adventures of the 13th SET
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Part 4: Giest’s Mountain, The Trials

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Jude locates the way before anyone else can. He sees a hidden alcove made of carved black rock. For some reason he feels the best way to get to Giest is that way. The tunnel becomes more and more convoluted, as if reality itself hold no grip. Back become forward, forward becomes back. Lights of every color assult the teams senses to the point you can almost here the beams strike your body armor. The light seems to sear itself into your very retna’s despite modern body armor’s filtering lens’ adding further difficulty to the the trek. Cantrell’s red armored gauntlet seems to give off a soft glow indicating the way the team should move. It pulses or chimes just before each color scheme changes. Suddenly from one of the multicolored bursts Captain Llyboc steps out.

”You are going the wrong way agent. What are you going to do make a mean face and scare your way out?” He fades as if some kind of figment. A few moments latter Butcher exactly how you first met him appears stepping out of a burst of red light.

”Remember how we first met, at camp K? You told me that T-wiz would come in handy someday if you could just sweet talk him onto our team... You need to move this way Cantrell.” The surly dogboy grins and fades. A few moments later the four legged cyber centaur steps out of a technicolor dusplay of red and yellow lights.

” Cantrell, I never got to say... I loved your music. It doesn’t matter now does it? This way!” She fades into nothingness. Then as the reality of this tunnel shifts again from bright colors to a hall of mirrors a hand reaches out from the darkness and grabs Jude.

”Jude? Is that you?”. It is Jude’s sister Nicole exactly how he remembers her. ”I came looking for you after I heard what Uncle Mac was assigned to do. I crashed onto this mountain a few days or do and have been ducking snake men ever sense. I got trapped in this tunnel unable to find a way out.” She gives her brother a hug tears streaming down her face, ”Oh Jude it is you!”

Despite this unlikly family reunion the group seems to need to figure out how to tell what is real in a space that distorts reality otherwise they maybe trapped here forever or until Victoria Giest comes for them. Alot may be uncertain in this area but what is certain finding a way through will get you one more step to Giest and Lucretia.

We will be using the P and O from Freedom squad for a 3 part adventure. Each adventure will get harder as more successes and the groups efforts will have to be split umong many challenges. Each challenge will need 3 success to overcome and at least a -2 skill penalty. Task 1 only has one challenge and it is to over come the mind bending reality distortions of the first tunnel. Cantrell with her red gauntlet will be the leader and must choose from 1 of the below skills. Other players can choose any skill they posess to aid her. For each success and raise the other player get they give cantrell a +1 bonus up to a total max of +4.

Essentially GM sets up a dramatic task and players post how they get past it using their skill roll and GM narrative as a loose guide.

Scene Info:
Success needed by Cantrell: 3 (High Difficulty)
Scene penalty: -4
Skills Cantrell must use: Intimidation, Investigation, Performance (Agility is ok with a +2 for being a member of Dres Marbles Left), Persuasion, Streetwise, or Taunt.
Other Players may aid her(use the same scene penalty) using any skill.
Short a Success:
  • Adventure Cards can be and are in some cases expected to be played: They will net you 2 successes.
  • Maverick Bonus: Jude scored such an amazeballs notice roll you guys got Nicole his sister for possibly the duration of these challenges. She can be used once to give +1 success, but only once.

OOC Comments
Skill type: [dice:38wnd886]48504:0[/dice:38wnd886]
  • Intimidation, Investigation, Performance(Agility is ok for this one, and I think you get a +2 bonus for being a member of Dres MArbles Left), Persuasion, Streetwise, or Taunt.
Complication: [dice:38wnd886]48504:1[/dice:38wnd886]
  • Interference, scene takes an additional -2
Attachments
AE99AB99-932C-4EDE-9EA8-FD76E002BAF0.jpeg
51BD8E4E-2007-439B-82DD-CC723B4D8BCE.jpeg
51BD8E4E-2007-439B-82DD-CC723B4D8BCE.jpeg (47.6 KiB) Viewed 20755 times
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Cantrell

Re: Part 4: Giest’s Mountain, The Trials

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell aces, Agility 15 = 3 Successes
Using Agility in place of Perform, with +2 from being part of Drei Marbles Left

Agility [dice:1ab6me1n]48544:0[/dice:1ab6me1n] = Ace! [dice:1ab6me1n]48544:3[/dice:1ab6me1n]
Wild 1 [dice:1ab6me1n]48544:1[/dice:1ab6me1n]
Wild 2 [dice:1ab6me1n]48544:2[/dice:1ab6me1n]
Cantrell closes her eyes, trying to shut out the riot of color, but the flashes somehow seem to penetrate her eyelids, along with the photo-sensitive shading of her armor's visor.

Magic bullshit, whether or not it's of the timey-wimey variety, she thinks, trying to focus her will on the temporal lodestone mounted on her gauntlet.

The stone seems to cut through the illusory lightshow, chiming with the sound of piano keys. If she could just ignore the distractions ...

Huh, she thinks. Those last few chimes sounded like the chorus of "O Mein Streudel-Tramp." We played that in that weird alternate Chicago that was all frozen over.

She her mind drifts back to the show, the piano-like tinkling of the stone continues, playing more of the song. At the same time, the flashing lights seem to dim a little, allowing her to make out more of the tunnel ahead.

<<Okay boys, I need a hand here. Hum or sing or whatever, but I need you to help me get through some Marbles songs. Maybe let's start with "Punch me, I'm Gunter" -- that one's got that singalong chorus, anyway.>>

As the others join in, Cantrell sways back and forth, her fingers dancing within the gauntlet as if she were manipulating the knobs in the control booth during DML's first concert. Her concentration sharpens, and she feels the power of the lodestone build and take shape, slicing through the enchantments barring their way.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Libertas Magicum »

Support Raise, Gets Cantrell to a 17--four successes
Totally unneeded Support Roll:
TW [dice:2oywaftn]48697:0[/dice:2oywaftn]
Wild TW [dice:2oywaftn]48697:1[/dice:2oywaftn] ACE [dice:2oywaftn]48697:2[/dice:2oywaftn]

(Officially, he burned one Arcane Machinist coming up with an Environmental Protection Gizmo with a Sound/Amplification trapping. Target is able to breathe normally in poison/toxic gases, and also has their voice cranked up majorly. This is just for my own benefit of explaining how the item works--it gets burned out by the time they finish the task, so it's kind of irrelevant in the long run, I just like the idea.
Libertas grins as Cantrell calls for a musical number. "My keyboard's on the Flyer, unfortunately, but I can help another way..." Figuring that it's possible that the weird distortions are at least partially induced by drugs in the ventilation, he comes up with a rebreather system that also serves to amplify her voice, causing it to reach into the depths of the caverns.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Performance 3
-4 scene difficulty, +2 DML
Agility [dice:2zlswn75]48726:0[/dice:2zlswn75]
Wild [dice:2zlswn75]48726:1[/dice:2zlswn75]
Dweomer/Geist Mountain tunnels
Night
Round 0

Jude felt the pulsing headache begin behind his eyes as they moved through the flashing colored lights. Great, a hangover without the pleasure of getting drunk. And then came the mirrors, and Niki stumbling into his arms! He caught his sister.

“Damn it, Nik!” he said. “I had you safe!” He hugged her fiercely, though, glad to see her again. “Stick close. We’ll make it through.”

Cantrell started singing. It seemed to help her pierce through this magical confusion. Libertas worked up some sort of device to help them breathe and amplify their voices. Jude smiled and tapped into the magical armor he’d gotten from Victor, the original lead singer of Dres Marbles Left and racist asshole. He could do better than sing. He started to pump out actual music from the voicebox that they could sing to.

Nicole looked at Jude skeptically as he air guitared his way down the tunnels. “Seriously? You are so weird, Jude!”

“You haven’t seen the show,” Jude countered his sister. “We rock!” He head thrashed and Niki gave him a playful shove. “I can’t believe I’m your sister.”
Mission Objectives
Sent by temporal ghost Bane to Dweomer to retrieve the Valent Blade to cut Earth off from bad timey-wimey stuff caused by all the temporal mucking..
Get something that belongs to Lord Dunscon.
Trade caravan with dog boy crazies to Stormspire.
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:29 pm Round 2 of the 3 round challenge (Note: Challenge 3 will have the possibility of being the hardest
Players have 4 successes.
All players get +1 benny

Reality focuses thanks to the clairifying music and the way through the mountain becomes that much more apperent and steeper. The tunnel turns upward and after a few hours becomes steeped in darkness the likes non have ever encountered. All too soon the heroes loose sight of each other although the crunchy footfalls of their companions tell them they are still within arms reach. But even that comforting sound drifts away as the heroes move forward through the morass of inky darkness that barr’s their way. Temporarily alone and cut off from each other, despite any attempt to reunite, there is little choice but to keep moving.

After hours more suddenly the path is bathed in a bright light and Libertas and Jude find themselves seperated and confronted by something that chills their very heart. Cantrell finds herself alone in the darkness when her load stone red gauntlet glows briefly pointing the way to either Libertas or Jude. She has just enough time to come to the aid of one but not both.
Libertas, confronts the monster within
Libertas
Libertas
Alone when the darkness abates Libertas finds himself in a long tunnel filled with a soft green glowing light. A floating stone is providing this light. A man standing near the stone is gazing at it longingly. The man without looking up greets Libertas with an errie and yet familiar laugh, ”Is that you? Did I do it? Ahh yes yes, still has the tail.”. The man has a long curled red beard and is wearing all the hallmarks of a techno wizard. He has a healm obscuring some of his face but the visor seems familiar to Libertas as if Lib has once drawn the very same design. The man reaches behind him playing with something imaginary. He whispers clearly not talking to Libertas, ”Shhh... Shhhh.... I know. I know. Its time we become reaquanted.”

Libertas, I can sense some kind of temporal anamoly. What is going on?

Man finally looks up and Libertas can see an older image of himself staring at him. The figure’s eyes are blood shot with purple protruding veins surrounding them. He seethes desperately, ” You must give her to me... It’s the only way... Its the only way to save our Parents, our family! I require your sacrifice to bring them all back!”

A dark glow eminates from the green crystal enveloping the tunnel in a purple light. A twisted power comes from the elder Libertas’ finger tips. Dark purple streams of necromantic energy spill forth and threaten to ensnare Libertas!

Libertas something is happening... I... My soul is being taken away!

It is not only the last of the Viggo’s that is in jepordy. Libertas can feel the whisps of dark energy threatening to take from him that which gives him life! It is in this moment perhaps Libertas realizes this twisted future self is his match in almost everyway.

The elder libertas stokes his beard with his free hand and cackles, ” Don’t you see it Libertas’ its the only way to stop... They all are gone. The Legion, Jude, Bane, Z, Cantrell, Firehawk... Mom, dad... All gone... We, I wasn’t stong enough... I did not know enough, but I have a second chance... I need your soul and lady Viggo’s. I need a redo on your life. You will fail in gaining the Valliant Blade because you do not know how to draw it from our father’s dagger. You must let me have your life and I will succeed whereas you failed.”

A weak Lady Viggo echos in your mind... Thats it Libertas! He needs another choice. Show him, or tell him... Convince or trick him that you can do it!

Libertas must make a skill roll using one of the following skills at a -2 penalty TN is: 8
Success required: 3
Skills: Intimidation, Investigation(research), Kn skills, Persuasion, Streetwise, or Taunt.
Dropping an adventure card can net +2 successes.

Player Directions: Choose your skill and let it and the result guide you are your narrative. Like streetwise is maybe a contact, your father himself appears and convinces your elder self what he is doing is wrong. Maybe Taunt could be use to goad him into stopping or perhaps waiting to take the life of Giest instead of your own. Whatever you want to do based on the skill chosen is cool with me.

Interesting thing: [dice:2ichhf06]48788:0[/dice:2ichhf06] redraw: [dice:2ichhf06]48788:4[/dice:2ichhf06] Snafu: [dice:2ichhf06]48788:5[/dice:2ichhf06] wild [dice:2ichhf06]48788:6[/dice:2ichhf06]

Skill to get out: [dice:2ichhf06]48788:1[/dice:2ichhf06]
Jude Remembered and Forgotten
Jude
Jude
The tunnel opens up to a long stretch of cavern filled with large rocky faces two to three times as big as a normal human. Nicci runs over to them unable to deny her curious hindrence. ” Woa bro, look at the faces. What are they?”.

As Jude approaches he sees them for what they are. The non descript rocky faces morph into a perfect abiet large likness of Jude’s litainy of lovers. Sister Penelope the virteous Magdalana takes shape her eyes look down at Jude and she errily cries, ” Where are you Jude? You left me alone to raise our son!”

Brittany the soldier from the CS 6th mobile whose pouty lips seem so sultry and familiar. Her eyes glare at Jude unforgiving and uncaring at the same time. ” You ended my life Jude... You promised you would come back and take me to Hi Castle Cafe in Chi-town... You promised me a son.”

An experience face of Madam Llyboc forms, her shrewed look peers over a set of delacte specktacles. Her face is one of elagent beauty, and her eyes cast aspertions of distain upon the young Maverick. ” My brother failed... The CS took their revenge on me Jude. They killed me and my son. I had hoped we would take that trip we always talked about. You promised to show me the country side. A glorious adventure away from the lights of the city.”

Jude’s sister jumps back slightly as the formation of the large heads of Jude’s former lovers. ” Woa Bro... I recognize a couple of those folks. Brittany, Llyoboc’s sister right? Who is the nun, what are they talking about? You have a son?”

The three heads chortle as if one, ” You will never move on, And your skilled toungue will be no use to you. The way is shut and you will never get out! Those that love you and know you will never remember you.” A heavy stone door starts to slide down behind the Maverick siblings. While there is not time enough for either to get out before it slams shut, aid from a fellow Legionaire might be forth coming.

Nicci speaks softly assessing the situation, ”Three heads of apperently former lovers... It doesn’t seem right and seems straight out of the play book from one of the Tolkeen Generals during the war. You were never really in the thick of it right? But I fought on the western front a few times. The tolkeen forces were lead by this crazy genius named Giest. Puzzles and Traps seemed to thwart us at every turn. There would be this lengthy set up but the solution was always within our grasp. A key word from our past or specialization. Sometimes the puzzle was able to be bypassed with technical skills...”
Her words are cut off as a white smokey gass starts to fill the cavern. As pools you can see that it has decidedly coorosive properties as several rocks and even Nicci’s gloves start to smoke and decay.

Nicci cries, ” Think Jude!, Think!”

Scene Penalty: -4 (-2 normal, -2 interference)
Skills allowed: knowledges, Computers, Electronics, Healing, Investigation, Logistics, Psionics, Repair, Science, or Arcane Background.
Successes needed: 3
Adventure Cards can be used for +2 successes
Bonus: Nicci can be used narrativly to help provide the solution to this trap or room: +1 success (usable only once during this adventure)

Player Directions: Choose your skill and let and its result guide you to your solution. Example: Kn electronics is maybe a pannel behind one of the statue heads has all these wires that when shorted open a secret door out. Or maybe kn politics can be used to derive some kind of commonality between the three women, a key word so to speak and when it is spoke the heads fall apart and the way out appears. Really I am game for whatever you want to do.
OOC Comments
Interesting thing [dice:2ichhf06]48788:2[/dice:2ichhf06]
Skills [dice:2ichhf06]48788:3[/dice:2ichhf06]
Cantrell cuts through the bullshit
Cantrell
Cantrell
When you get to whomever you are going to assist. You see what they are truly confronting. Lib or Jude, are staring unmoving within arms reach of a giant being of black mass and red eyes. It laughs when you approach naturally assuming your feable weapons can do it no harm. ”I am the World of Despair, and you are too late, I am in their mind taking their strength.” Obviously this creature has never known the 13th or it would give up and surrender itself to your mercy. Perhaps it is that ignorance that keeps its tentacles wrapped arround your ally.

In true villiany villians form the horrible creature takes a moment to pause instead of killing Cantrell and its victim. Its voice echoes arround and is a shrill pitch as if the creature has never had cause to speak until now. ” The one known as Giest has bid me domain in this rock. I was freed some time ago from the heart of the first vampire. We split, the alien intelegence is me and he... He is still transformed from his former life... But he is what you call good. I am not his opposite per se, but I have an appetite that cannot be quenched. Giest has promised me first choice at the buffet when this mountain destroys the world upon impact. But I require an apatizer as we move at a tantalizing slow pace to our required height. I hunger!!”

While it is talking you can see your ally struggling against the creature’s mental assult. Perhaps distracting or buying your friend time will be enough to turn the tide.

Choose Lib:
Scene penalty -2
TN 8
Skill: any

Choose Jude:
Scene penalty: -4
TN: 4

Note: Do not forget you have a cyberknight communicator which you can use to call for “backup”. While it might not be immidiate it still could be useful to have some help in the final showdown.
554277B5-849C-4F23-9C81-5C8B539E4A01.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

OOC Comments

Knowledge: Arcana [dice:18fwz4jn]48834:0[/dice:18fwz4jn]
Wild K:A [dice:18fwz4jn]48834:1[/dice:18fwz4jn]
Single Success
Dropping an Adventure Card (Epiphany) for +2 successes
Lib is taken aback. He'd recognized 'himself' as soon as he laid eyes on the newcomer. He considered his elder self's plea. And then... he laughs. Loud, long, delighted guffaws echo through the chamber around him. It's okay, Viggo, it's okay... damn, I really am a genius.

He grins broadly at his future-self. "I knew we were good, man, but not this good.... Of course we couldn't pull off the trick you're talking about. We both know enough from old Macluger's lessons on temporal dynamics to know that trying to send your own soul back in time to re-do the past would fail. But you found a loophole, didn't you? Not the temporal raider variety, either. Spend a few centuries working for those jackasses until you learn enough to pull off the trick yourself, and you'll end up being such a rat-bastard that the idea of giving a crap about saving your own parents would be laughable. We saw that in Viggo--no offense, Lady V, I know you ain't like that no more."

The mental voice in his head/tail is arch in reply, I'm so glad to have your moral approval. Don't try to kid a kidder, Lady V--part of you loves this life, even if we haven't gotten you a bod of your own yet.

He shakes his head. "Where was I? Oh, right--can't send your soul back to overwrite mine without true temporal raider magic, can't use that stuff because it'd make you a soulless bastard in order to get it. Still, in order to even get to this space... you'd need to be working with a Raider. You're not long in his service enough to have lost yourself--but by definition, you're not going to be good enough to actually do what you're claiming to want to do. And you can't just tell me what's up, because they're monitoring your end of the conversation, but not mine. See, Lady V? He's speaking in code, like a hostage making a radio call with his captors behind him. They don't know waht I'm saying, but they do hear him, so he can't do anything that would tip the real game."

He nods, following the logic-chain born of a combination of advanced magical theory and insight into his own devious thinking. "So what's the point of this? Well, you might not be able to travel back in time--but you can project here, to a place beyond time, and give me just the faintest wisp of a hint of a clue, can't you? The Blade--time is part of the key to unlocking it, isn't it? It's held outside of time, or between the seconds, and Dad's knife is the doorway. If I just tried looking inside it, I'd never get there. But by looking past it, or at a left angle to reality from it... yeah, it'll be there, waiting. And when I find it, I'll call it forth, and then you'll never be, and I'll wipe out your entire time-line, including the ratfuck you had to enslave yourself to work with in order to pull this off. Hope you had the opportunity to be the only one who could save his life at one point--that'll eliminate him entirely when I unmake you."

He grins broadly. "From failure, our greatest success. Good job, man. I'll take it from here." Both men's eyes tear up, as they give a brief fist-bump, and the future-Libertas turns and passes from the caverns the way he came.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Persuasion 17; 4 successes
+2 Renown, -4 complications
Persuasion [dice:3m4zbpxm]48882:0[/dice:3m4zbpxm]
Wild [dice:3m4zbpxm]48882:1[/dice:3m4zbpxm]
Benny to reroll
Persuasion [dice:3m4zbpxm]48882:2[/dice:3m4zbpxm]
Wild [dice:3m4zbpxm]48882:3[/dice:3m4zbpxm]
Ace [dice:3m4zbpxm]48882:4[/dice:3m4zbpxm]
Night
Round 0

Jude gripped Nici’s hand to keep his sister close as they walked down the rocky corridor, separated from the others. He stared at the large rock faces on the wall, the faces of his former lovers.

“I...yes, that is Brittany and Ms. Lyboc,” he admitted, swallowing. “The nun is Sister Penelope. I...no, I don’t have a son, that I know of.”

Jude jumped as the corridor sealed itself off. “No, I didn’t fight in the war. I was helping dad and Beauregard at the time. But I know Geist, yeah. We’ve run into her before. Thought he’d been done with her.”

Then the gas started flowing. Damn it! Why was it that he always had to save the day? Jude started to look around, trying to find the solution.

Then Jude smiled. “Geist is playing on my guilt.” His smile faded as he looked at Brittany. He reached out and caressed her face. “And there is a lot of it, I admit. Each holds part of my heart. That’s just the way I am. I fall in love easily. But none of them could ever have my entire heart, because someone else had captured that, someone I can’t have. But that didn’t mean I loved them any less.”

Jude went up to each stone head. He leaned in to each ear, speaking softly, in gentle whispers, a touch of the hand on the cheek as he spoke of those things they shared over a pillow, quiet sweet nothings. With each one he ended with the words, “I love you.”
Mission Objectives
Sent by temporal ghost Bane to Dweomer to retrieve the Valent Blade to cut Earth off from bad timey-wimey stuff caused by all the temporal mucking..
Character Tracker
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Fighting = 2 Successes
Going after Libertas, so roll is at -2, TN 8. Gonna use Fighting.
Fighting [dice:rzipm3fo]48904:0[/dice:rzipm3fo] = Forgot the -2, so it's 7
Wild 1 [dice:rzipm3fo]48904:1[/dice:rzipm3fo]
Wild 2 [dice:rzipm3fo]48904:2[/dice:rzipm3fo]
Using a Benny for Extra Effort + Elan = [dice:rzipm3fo]48904:3[/dice:rzipm3fo] = Success + Raise
With the temporal lodestone in her Red Gauntlet acting as a sort of guiding light, Cantrell casts about in the darkness, seeking the others. She catches a brief glimpse of Jude, but decides he and his sister are less likely to get into trouble than Libertas and his tail.

Her hunch is proven correct when she finally comes upon the techno-wizard caught, unmoving, in the clutches of a giant mass of black shadows and crimson eyes.

She inches closer and closer as the massive, gloating thing monologues about its deal with Geist and past split with the first vampire.

"So let me get this straight. You used to be part of Soldad, the first vampire, and now you're working for Geist?" she asks. "And now you think you're going to stop the 13th and consume the world? Did neither of them tell you about all the times we kicked their asses?"

Having made her way into position to attack, Cantrell doesn't bother drawing a weapon. Instead, she just powers up the gauntlet and leaps into the air, her jet pack kicking in to launch her into the mass of shadows and glowing eyes. Like a flying superhero, she leads with her glowing fist, the light from the gauntlet tearing holes in the nightmare being's form.

I may not kill this thing, but hopefully its the distraction Lib needs to break free, she thinks.

As the fight goes on, she manages to grab a fistful of the shadowy stuff it's made of, which she squeezes into a small, hard marble of inky blackness.

Never know, a little piece of the World of Despair might come in handy at some point.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

• Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:19 pm Their Foes are defeated and they vanish as if they are made up of mist or figments of a dream long dormant. What sorcery is this one might wonder? The series of caverns interconnect and meet up heading upward thrusting the disparate members of the 13th back together. They soon find themselves in a long hallway made of chiseled black rock with gold inlays (a far cry from the natural rock so far). The hallway opens up to a large chamber with a ceiling 50 feet high, and on the far end a few hundred feet away is Giest, Lucretia, and several dozen snake men looking down through a great tear in the rock to the city of Dweomer far below.

Giest seems concentated on a red alter flooding it with purple arcane energies from her finger tips. A body with red skin lies on the alter. Giest seems almost shadow like. Half there and half not. Her voice cackles with glee punctunating the postion off the mountain and how close the heroes are.” Almost... Almost... Almost there.”

Suddenly each hero gets a warning about what lurks above waiting to resample their delicious life force.

Lady Viggo’s familiar thoughts come to you,”Libertas I sense a power above you, such great power! Remain true to you... You... Are not a Monster!”

Nicci grabs Jude’s arm and cries out, ” Jude, watch out above you! I’ll remember you no matter what brother! We... Will not forget.”

The dark core energy of the Intelligence cantrell had captured rustles where she had stored it. She hear’s captian Llyboc’s voice in her head, ” Agent! Stay with me Agent! Do not loose focus Nadya. You... Have a job to do.”

Cantrell has seen this swirling mass of dark energy and biological evil. An alien intelligence looms in the ceiling of the cavern stretching three tendrils down to the members of the 13th. The power of this being cannot be denied and all three heroes suddenly find them selves not just talking about their worst nightmare, but trapped within their own minds in it! Dark and foul, like a sultry whisper the evil inteligence calls to them, ” I am the World of Despair, I give that which makes you afraid! Then I become your doom!”

As their reality shifts the last thing they see is Giest turning around looking at them with a spector like skleletal grin.

Player Directions:
GM Thoughts, and overview of the challenge
Ok so this is the last part of the planning and ops scene. Each hero has their own scene to deal with. Each hero will receive a d6 roll to help guide how difficult the challenge is. Each hero will be given a d4 roll to determine the set of skills eligible to be rolled to overcome the challenge. Each challenge will start at a -2 difficulty and require 3 successes (the difficulty will be modified by the afore mentioned d6 roll). Then the players will tell us what kind of challenge the evil alien intelligence (Technically a vampire intelegence if that matters) besieges the heroes mind with.

Notes: Players may drop an adventure card for +2 success. Libertas already dropped his.
Notes: Jude can use Nicci for +1 success ( she can aid any player).

Step 1: Click into you OCC (Feel free to click others)
Step 2: Craft the challenge for you to deal with and incorporate the skill you use (from your available list), any adventure cards used, and any difficulties encountered from the random scene modifier.
Step 3: Make the roll and tell us what it all looks like. What mentalscape did the intelligence trap in, and how did you break free?

Libertas

Difficulty: [dice:nhjfb8vs]49098:0[/dice:nhjfb8vs]: ] A bit of Luck gives you the extra edge you need to take on this challenge.
Skill: [dice:nhjfb8vs]49098:1[/dice:nhjfb8vs]
  • Technical: Academics, Computers, Electronics, Healing, Investigation, Logistics, Psionics, Repair, Science, or Any PPE arcane casting skill.
Scene Penalty Total: (-2, +2)= 0
Successes needed: 3. Every success and raise gives +1 success.
Tell a story of how you over come a challenge that speaks to him becoming a monster using the above skill listed to overcome it. If you include a minor or major hindrence that gives you further difficulty in dealing with it gain +1 benny but take an additional -2 penalty
OOC Comments
Wow, you are nice and curious. Most likely your curiosity will be rewarded.
Libertas’ elder future self is nearby when his younger self is so ensorcelled by the evil intelligence. Having lived his entire life knowing he is better than everyone he constructs a small device out of spare parts on his person. Spend a benny and incorporate this into your scene and tell us how he helped you (or if turely unfortunate, harmed you) for the following one random benefits: Roll 1d6 (no rerolls, EP can be spend on the table rolls, not this one)
  • 1) Having this ally on your side is truely an epic learning experieince: Gain 1 roll on a legendary table of choice
  • 2) Fate has deemed this ally and you share the experience giving you an inkling to your greatness: Gain 1 roll on the table of fate!
  • 3) Every hero has a journey worth telling. Your ally helpped you tell it: Gain 1 roll on a HJ table of Choice
  • 4) Your ally has brought a useful treasure, and given you half a chance at glory: Gain 1 roll on the fortune and glory table
  • 5) Perhaps time has a special place for you. The ally provided aid in the nick of time. Gain +1 success on the challenge.
  • 6) Not so much a valued ally. It seems through some force or reason the one time ally has turned on you! Subtract 1 success from the total gained. Bright side is you gain a HJ roll on the experience and wisdom or education table as it was truely an eye opener.
Cantrell

Difficulty: [dice:nhjfb8vs]49098:2[/dice:nhjfb8vs] A relaitivly big problem occured in trying to deal with this challenge.
Skill: [dice:nhjfb8vs]49098:3[/dice:nhjfb8vs]
  • Tactical: Athletics, Battle, Boating, Demolitions, Driving, Fighting, Notice, Piloting, Riding, Shooting, Survival, or Tracking.
Scene Penalty Total: (-2, -4)= -6
Failure Major Complication:
  • Challenge suffers 1d3 wounds
Tell a story of how you over come a challange that speaks to her loosing her mind but using the above skill listed to get it baclk. If you include a minor or major hindrence that gives you further difficulty in dealing with it gain +1 benny but take an additional -2 penalty
OOC Comments
Wow, you are nice and curious. Most likely your curiosity will be rewarded.
On the alter near Giest, a familiar, a more than familiar D’Norr rolls off it before she can do anything. He gather’s the power of the arcane in his hands and releases it toward Cantrell! Spend a benny and incorporate this into your scene and tell us how he helped you (or if truly unfortunate, harmed you) for the following one random benefits: Roll 1d6 (no rerolls, EP can be spent on the other table rolls, not this one)
  • 1) Having this ally on your side is truely an epic learning experieince: Gain 1 roll on a legendary table of choice
  • 2) Fate has deemed this ally and you share the experience giving you an inkling to your greatness: Gain 1 roll on the table of fate!
  • 3) Every hero has a journey worth telling. Your ally helpped you tell it: Gain 1 roll on a HJ table of Choice
  • 4) Your ally has brought a useful treasure, and given you half a chance at glory: Gain 1 roll on the fortune and glory table
  • 5) Perhaps time has a special place for you. The ally provided aid in the nick of time. Gain +1 success on the challenge.
  • 6) Not so much a valued ally. It seems through some force or reason the one time ally has turned on you! Subtract 1 success from the total gained. Bright side is you gain a HJ roll on the experience and wisdom or education table as it was truely an eye opener.
Jude

Difficulty: [dice:nhjfb8vs]49098:4[/dice:nhjfb8vs]. How will your hero face a total disaster!
Skill: [dice:nhjfb8vs]49098:5[/dice:nhjfb8vs]
  • Covert: Computers, Electronics, Investigation, Notice, Stealth, Streetwise, Thievery, or Tradecraft.
TN: [dice:nhjfb8vs]49098:6[/dice:nhjfb8vs] Wild [dice:nhjfb8vs]49098:7[/dice:nhjfb8vs]=
Scene Penalty Total: (-2, -4)= -6
Failure Covert Challenge (Disaster): Everyone in the 13th gains the evil vampire intelligence World of Despair as major enemy.
Tell a story of how you over come a challenge that speaks to him being forgotton by those that matter the most and then using the above skill listed to overcome it. If you include a minor or major hindrence that gives you further difficulty in dealing with it gain +1 benny but take an additional -2 penalty
OOC Comments
Wow, you are nice and curious. Most likely your curiosity will be rewarded. Next to Giest the 13th old commander Lucretia turns and activates her brilliant psi-sword vaults the distance between the alter and the 13th in a tremendous single bound. Her eyes are gleaming with purple energy as she strikes. Spend a benny and incorporate this into your scene and tell us how she helped you (or if turely unfortunate, harmed you) for the following one random benefits: Roll 1d6 (no rerolls, EP can be spent on the table rolls, not this one)
F9A55463-3A94-44D1-A060-ACD61C7C4697.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Streetwise 12; 3 successes!
-6 difficulty, +2 Renown, use Nici +1
Streetwise [dice:305n4err]49127:0[/dice:305n4err]
Wild [dice:305n4err]49127:1[/dice:305n4err]
Benny to reroll
Streetwise [dice:305n4err]49127:3[/dice:305n4err]
Wild [dice:305n4err]49127:4[/dice:305n4err]
Benny to reroll
Streetwise [dice:305n4err]49127:5[/dice:305n4err]
Wild [dice:305n4err]49127:6[/dice:305n4err]
Benny to reroll
Streetwise [dice:305n4err]49127:7[/dice:305n4err]
Wild [dice:305n4err]49127:8[/dice:305n4err]
Lucretia 3
[dice:305n4err]49127:2[/dice:305n4err]
3) Every hero has a journey worth telling. Your ally helpped you tell it: Gain 1 roll on a HJ table of Choice
Education [dice:305n4err]49127:9[/dice:305n4err] - five additional skill points to spend on Healing, Investigation, and Knowledge skills.
Night
Round 0

Jude stared around the room, seeing Geist and Lucretia, and then he looked up at the mass of shadow and tendrils on the ceiling. “I really need to stop watching hentai,” Jude muttered as he gripped his rifle.

And then the blackness enveloped him, the words of his sister the last thing he heard.

Jude opened his eyes to the darkness. “Lights,” he muttered, and the lights came up, revealing his bedroom in his apartment back in Chi-Town. The bed beside him was empty and cold as he ran his hand along the sheets. When was the last time that had happened?

Jude scratched his bare chest as he walked to the bathroom and performed his morning ablutions. Then he dressed in his livery uniform and walked out to the kitchen. His apartment wasn’t big. Nothing in Chi-Town outside of the palace was. But it was comfortable, thanks to his status in the bureaucracy and his family’s status. Jude turned on the wall screen for the morning’s propaganda, but oddly all he got was static.

“Huh.” Jude tilted his head. It was oddly...quiet. This level was usually rather bustling at this time of morning with everyone heading off to work.

Jude grabbed his jacket and headed out of his apartment. He paused and looked up and down the wide corridor. It was empty. There should be hundreds of people moving for the lifts.

“Hello?” Jude called, his words echoing off the walls. He headed to the lift. The area around the lifts had small little shops, mostly food kiosks. Jude went up to his favorite place to grab coffee and a breakfast sandwich. It was open, but no one was inside.

Jude felt his heart flutter. Where was everyone?

The large elevator car was empty when Jude entered. Even the constant stream of propaganda wasn’t playing. It was eerie. The lift deposited him on the lowest palace level. Where were the guards? The palace should be filled with functionaries and supplicants. But Jude’s footsteps echoed in the empty halls as he hurried along. Eventually he was running, looking for someone, anyone. The palace was empty. He was even able to walk right into the royal quarters. He stared at Emperor Prosek’s empty bed.

“God, no…” Jude raced out, back to the lift. It seemed to take forever. He raced across the city. Nici wasn’t in her barracks. Fair enough. She could be out with her unit. His parents’ place was empty. His father wasn’t in his office in the military compound. Jude stopped at friends, former lovers. No one.

Finally Jude found himself outside one of the larger, more opulent homes. He raced inside. Quiet. Empty. He shoved open the doors to a private quarters. Michelle’s rooms were exactly as he remembered them. The silk sheets on the bed, the scent of her perfume, a lacy nightie he had given her laid casually on the bed.

“Michelle! Mi amor! Jude yelled, searching through the apartment. Michelle Beauregard, the love of his life, was nowhere to be seen.

“They all left you,” a deep, gravelly voice spoke.

Jude spun around. Alphonse Beauregard glared hate at Jude.

“They left you before you could leave them. Now you know how they feel. Now you are alone, as you deserve to be, you miserable fuck.”

Jude sank to his knees, staring at the floor.

“Not all alone,” came Nici’s voice. And then a purple blade of energy erupted from Beauregard’s chest. The old man gasped and started to melt, turning into a column of black smoke that drifted away.

Jude blinked, looking up at his sister and Lucretia, the former commander’s eyes glowing purple -- or where eyes would be if she wasn’t Altaran.

“What--?” Jude gaped as Nici helped him to his feet and the empty city of Chi-Town melted around him into smoke, revealing the black room and Geist at the altar above.

Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

OOC Comments
Special roll for a benny: [dice:2i1i7h6f]49155:0[/dice:2i1i7h6f] Your ally has brought a useful treasure, and given you half a chance at glory: Gain 1 roll on the fortune and glory table.
F&G: [dice:2i1i7h6f]49155:5[/dice:2i1i7h6f] Charming and Well-Traveled: Your hero begins with the Charismatic and I Know a Guy Edges.

Techno-Wizardry [dice:2i1i7h6f]49155:1[/dice:2i1i7h6f] ACE [dice:2i1i7h6f]49155:3[/dice:2i1i7h6f]
Wild TW [dice:2i1i7h6f]49155:2[/dice:2i1i7h6f] ACE [dice:2i1i7h6f]49155:4[/dice:2i1i7h6f]
So... 6 successes. There's a reason he's got an ego, folks....
The mob chased him through the streets of whatever backwater little village this was, baying for his blood. Dammit, the CS propaganda has reached further into Pecos than we realized. The bleeding stump of his tail felt off, after so long having it. He knew from painful experience that it would grow back, of course, but until it did, he didn't have Lady V's calming voice in his head, even to give him some perspective.

A brick passed over his head, and he ducked down a side-alley. Goat-fondling swine! I need to rest, to think, but...

He'd been on the run for days, now, desperately trying to evade the mob. Every time he found some hidey-hole, some mischance would cause him to be found, and then it was back off to the Running of the Paranoid Dust-Farmers. The maddened citizens were able to take shifts; Lib could not. They'd sealed the town's walls, cutting him off from escape.

It had started in that bar. He just did some minor bit of Techno-Wizardry to get a goon who was harassing him to back down. Dude wasn't even singed, just knocked silly for a few moments. The way the townsfolk reacted, you'd think I took his head off at the neck. Maybe I should've.... Dark thoughts like that one had crept up more regularly during his fugitive run. He'd managed to not slaughter anyone yet, but if the rat-bastards backed him into a corner...

He cut through a back yard, and scrambled up the lone tree there, panting heavily. There was a small structure set into the branches. If he could just lay low, just get a couple hours' sleep, then he could focus enough to come up with something to get him out of this jam. He ducked his head inside--and immediately felt a wave of despair. Two kids sat there, wide-mouthed as they stared at the crazy-haired man with thick goggles (the left lens cracked badly). The younger one, the girl, was already drawing a breath to scream. His hand slipped down to the shard pistol, even as some part of his soul rebelled at what he was about to do. Time slowed, almost to a dead halt....

His future-self appeared next to him. "Dude, really? You must be exhausted if that's the only thing you can think of. Here, lemme teach you one last thing." Setting a silver-and-gold disk against Lib's temple, he continued. "Just something we learn along the way. How to manage people, as well as machines. You gotta relate to them, understand them."

A lifetime of memories slammed into Lib's brain, his but not his, a future self he was determined to not bring into existence, but one who could teach him so much... Yes, okay, kids. They're a danger, because they're afraid. Remove the fear, and they won't be a threat. Look around the room, see everything through your working lens. A dollhouse. A stage magic set, battered and ancient. Flowers and bric-a-brac, the odds and ends that kids everywhere gather and keep as treasures.

As time resumed its normal course, he held up his hand. "Hey, you guys wanna see something cool?" The word 'cool' was just enough to forestall the scream that would bring the mob running. The boy, older than the girl by a year, moved slightly to interpose between the stranger and his sister. Good boy. Lib kept up the patter. Instead of grabbing his pistol, his other hand pulled out the puzzle-cube, and he twisted it a few times; the intricate engravings and shiny surface drawing their eyes.

Normally, he'd use it to call forth an army of soldier-bots, but by tweaking it a bit on the fly (with the skill that he could do better than anyone), he could make it...

Phoot! Phoot! Phoot! Three silver balls shot out of the Cube and landed, unfolding and becoming clockwork kittens. They danced around and jumped up and down, making the kids giggle and laugh. He smiled as they played with the kittens for a little bit, then he had the automatons play at being sleepy before they tumbled back into the box. The kids, of course, were disappointed.

"Tell you what, guys. You let me sleep here for a few hours, and keep it a secret so no one wakes me up, and before I go, I'll let you play with them again. Sound good?" The girl and the boy looked at each other, nodded, and grinned at him. They had a deal.

Relief turned swiftly to exhaustion, and he slumped against the wall, closing his eyes, thinking... Still not a--

--monster!
, Lady V was shouting at him as 'loudly' as she could through their connection. He looked around, saw Geist and the altar and the squirming mass of non-Euclidian geometry in the endless space where the ceiling would be. Oh, right, this. You're back? Yeah, we're good.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Shooting 32; 8 Successes
Main roll at -6; Code of Honor comes into play for another -2 and +1 Benny; using Shooting so it's 1d12+6 base, 1d12-2 after the modifiers
Shooting [dice:15mu8gig]49244:0[/dice:15mu8gig]
Wild 1 [dice:15mu8gig]49244:1[/dice:15mu8gig]
Wild 2 [dice:15mu8gig]49244:2[/dice:15mu8gig]
Benny for Extra Effort [dice:15mu8gig]49244:3[/dice:15mu8gig] = Ace! [dice:15mu8gig]49244:4[/dice:15mu8gig] = Ace! [dice:15mu8gig]49244:5[/dice:15mu8gig] = Ace! [dice:15mu8gig]49244:6[/dice:15mu8gig] = 30, +2 for Elan = 32. 8 successes, lol.

And the random roll for Bane's help (?)
[dice:15mu8gig]49244:7[/dice:15mu8gig]

Oh, and wounds: [dice:15mu8gig]49244:8[/dice:15mu8gig]

Got a Benny, used 2, so net is down 1 Benny.

Assuming this is the 'Table of Fate'
[dice:15mu8gig]49244:9[/dice:15mu8gig] = 3.). Fate cannot hide... Choose either Urban or Wild: The hero is a master of their enviorment, none can hide from them. This Edge grants the hero an additional +2 to all Notice and Tracking rolls within their chosen space and related environments; these bonuses stack with other bonuses. As well, no target of the hero’s Shooting will receive any Cover bonuses from natural impediments such as trees, bushes, or any living flora in the woodland, or junkers, walls, trashbins in the urban. I'll go with Urban I guess
Cantrell stays on alert as they pass into the black hallway, not trusting it any more than the illusions they'd already confronted. She wasn't sure what she trusted lately ... better to assume it was all make-believe, and be pleasantly surprised if its flesh smoked when she shot it.

Her neural over-processors start to spin up as soon as she catches sight of Geist, Lucretia and the snake men -- Put holes in Geist and the snake men first, she thinks, then figure out what the deal is with Lucretia -- then they kick into overdrive as Llyboc's voice echoes in her brain.

Even Cantrell's overclocked synapses aren't fast enough, however, as she finds herself enveloped by the shadowy tendrils of the World of Despair.

In the blink of an eye, the mountain disappears, and she finds herself back in the hellish prison she'd been trapped with the Black Company, a step out of time. For whatever reason, neither Jude or Libertas seem particularly concerned, even as horned skeletons and demons with oozing flesh boil out of the surrounding exits to attack.

"You okay, Cantrell?" Jude asks, a goofy grin on his face as a demon sinks its fangs into his arm. He doesn't flinch as Cantrell blasts it with her rifle, then blasts the one behind it and another behind it.

Panicked, she shoots at the demons, which Jude and Libertas appear not to see. Both men start to back away from her.

It's not real. I'm seeing things, she thinks. Or it is, and they're blind.

Moving to cover, she glances out a nearby window and sees it opens into space -- or rather, the void, the same not-place where she met with Bane. Bane is there, she sees, but he's no longer holding the breach as he was during her last visit. Instead, he's strapped to an altar as Geist hovers above. With a flash of light, he frees himself and rolls clear. He seems to gather power in his hands, then releases it, tossing a glowing object in a lazy arc.

Cantrell reaches out a hand and grabs it without thinking -- it's an energy clip, covered in glowing, arcane runes. Not stopping to question it, she drops the clip from her rifle and plugs this one in.

Rolling to cover, she begins to fire again at the demons. Acquire target, fire. Move, acquire target, fire. Each time, a demon unravels, each shot peeling back the layer of unreality to show what truly lies beneath. With each hit, her mind clears, the repetition sharpening her vision, the long-practiced skill granting clarity.

When the little D'norr girl steps from the shadows, it is the most unreal sight she's seen -- but Cantrell knows this, more than anything, is the true threat. The D'norr girl steps toward Jude, hands full of death, but her piercing blue eyes are as innocent as they ever were.

Cantrell lowers her rifle, knows she can't pull the trigger. But she can't let Jude die for her weakness, her sins new and old, fresh and forgotten.

It's only another blink of an eye and Cantrell is next to her, pushing Jude aside and wrapping the little girl up in her arms.

"Leave him. It's okay. Enough," she says, as the little girl's arms wrap around her back and black talons dig into her sides.

"It's not your fault, she says, pulling free, taking the D'norr with her, feeling the weight of the little girl's body even as it fades from sight.

"It was never your fault," she whispers, straightening as she stands, clear-eyed, to face the cosmic bitch responsible for all of this chaos.

"That all you got, Geist?" Cantrell says as she raises her rifle, the glow from the temporal lodestone at her wrist blending with the arcane energies of Bane's e-clip.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Clarification for Cantrell: yes you got the right table, you scored 8 successes only needing 3 so no wounds. Wounds would have been taken if you scored 2 out of the 3 successes.

Bennies: +2 benny for super awesome stories!
Jude Experience
Nicci smiles at you and kisses your cheek. As she vanishes both in the dream and in the real world she says, ” Take care bro see you at the wedding. I am sure you will save her.”
Cantrell Experience
Bane desperately calls to you, ”Kill me Cantrell, she is turning me into a monster.”
Libertas Experience
The older self grins looking down at his hands. They slowly vanish. He has a bit of a dopy grin, ” Remember wh n we were kids, hiding under the dinner table looking at all those runes carved into the bottom? Amazing huh?” Before he can say anything else the rest of him vanishes.
The amporhis darkness recedes up into the ceiling a good 40 feet from the heroes. It tendrils un hook from your minds recoiling from the overwhelming resistance. Its many red eyes stay focused on the remaining members of the 13th watching, waiting, and deciding.

300(100”) feet away Geist gasps cackling as her plan is almost complete. Lucretia has a D’Norr in hand reaffixing him to a circular wooden altar. Dozen’s of snake men slither to and fro encircling the trio and altar. They are armed with all manner of weaponry, archaiec and moderns. Melee and ranged. Even more are coming out of the well carved black cavern walls.

The cavern itself is huge probably a 100” diameter dome with the heroes on one end and Giest and her allies on the other.

Giest laughs as the mountain lurches queasily upward. The cavern is designed so that even a whisper can be heared on the other side, ” Oh I think we have time for more. You have come at last! The heroes and my apprentice come at last! Did you bring daddies dagger? Of course you did, hahaha! This time I think it will be a bit different no? This time I have one of yours... Well two really...”

The D’Norr on the altar groans. Giest passes a shadowy hand who fingers all but whisps of smoke over the man’s face, ” There there Bane. Its almost over... Sweet thing was in a temporal anamoly. But momma got you out didn’t I? He kept going on and on about the valient blade and even thought I was Cantrell once or twice when the need would arise... Gave me so much, so many good peices all I had to do was find them...” Giest momentarily solidifies looking excactly like Cantrell, and then shifts back.

Lucretia remains motionless next to Giest. As Jude already noticed a purple light shines from where eyes never were. She is clad in the armor she wore when she departed the company of the 13th.

Giest laughs with cruel mallice, ”Lucretia fought me long and hard. But Libertas unlocked the key to a legendary ensorcel. Thank you apprentice. Is one of you Jude? Her last words were I need to warn Jude... Consider yourself warned... Haha.”

Giest stretches out a whispy ill formed shadowy hand, and Libertas can feel a power tug gently at his father’s knife. ” Be a good boy Libertas. I already have your families dining table... Well part of it any way. Come on then, might as well come closer... Not too close but to the center so you can get a good look at Dweomer. Sadly the mountains invisibility prevents them from knowing their horror. Now Libertas, hand over the Knife Magicorium so I may plunge this earth into a new beggining!!! Mwahahaha”

The view through the maw of the cavern is breath taking. Being so high above it in the clouds would be magestic if it were not for the impending doom.
Radio!
The 13th radios crackle. ”This is Captain Gaiter aboard the BAMF Battle Airship Morose. I am approaching Dweomer airspace. I have an urgent messege for the the 13Th SET of the Tomorrow Legion. Please respond! I repeat, this is Captain Gaiter aboard the BAMF Battle Airship Morose. I am approaching Dweomer airspace...

The gruff battle worn voice repeats a few times waiting for a reply.

Directions: I am down for a bit of the ole role playing. Once players want to roll dice, or get close enough like somewhere arround 40” we go to combat.

Or if no rp and you guys just want combat I am down with that.

Currently you are 100” from Giest. Little in the way of cover.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Night
Round 0

“Stay safe,” Jude told Nici as she disappeared. There was so much he needed to tell her!

Jude clenched his rifle as he stalked forward. He paused at the edge of the plunge down into the city. Damn, that was a long drop. He looked up again.

“Don’t you ever just give up, you hag?” Jude asked. “What happened? You didn’t get laid enough at evil magic school? Well, we can fix that.” He smiled at Geist, then turned his attention to the Altarran beside Geist.

“Lucretia! Fight it! I know you can! You are strong, and I am here to help you! So are Cantrell and Libertas!” They were all that was left of the 13th.

”This is Captain Gaiter aboard the BAMF Battle Airship Morose. I am approaching Dweomer airspace. I have an urgent message for the the 13Th SET of the Tomorrow Legion. Please respond! I repeat, this is Captain Gaiter aboard the BAMF Battle Airship Morose. I am approaching Dweomer airspace….”

Jude tapped his radio. “This is Corporal Jude Maverick of the 13th,” he replied. “Keep clear of the airspace above the city! There is an invisible mountain floating there. Alert the city below. They should begin evacuating the city.”
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Like a log tossed on a bonfire, the sight of Geist causes the rage inside Cantrell to blossom, hot and wild -- and boil beyond that when Bane cries for help -- but she fights it down, controls it, even as the undying bitch gloats over her captives. Because as much as Cantrell's grown to hate Geist, she knows the feeling must be mutual ... but maybe Victoria Geist lacks the same self-control.

"Still stuck on the 'take over the world' idea, huh Geist? Nothing new present itself after the last couple of times we kicked your ass?" Cantrell says, casually closing the distance between them while marking targets in the near-darkness, her cybernetic processors spinning full-speed, storing and cross-referencing shot trajectories, expected movement and other variables.

"I mean, I get it, admitting failure is hard, and picking a career other than 'attempted tyrant' has got to be tough at your age. And I can't help noticing, considering the number of times you've lost -- to us, the 13th -- now you're trying to swipe our former members for your little plot? I mean, I get it. If you can't beat 'em, recruit 'em. But doesn't it just remind you all of the time of your failures? Having to resort to using members of the 13th just to try to summon some hope you won't fail again?"

When the radio call comes in, Cantrell toggles her subvocal mic and follows up on Jude's instructions:

<<Lieutenant Cantrell here, as well. Go ahead and relay the message, but do keep your distance. We've got kind of a 'bitch-wants-to-blow-up-the-world situation here.>>
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas shivers, once, at the sight of Lucretia, but then, as he listens to Geist's rant, he pauses, brain kicking into overdrive. As he ambles forward, he even manages to force a grin. "Wow. Still trying to play the, 'No, really, getting my ass kicked and humiliated by you guys was totally part of my plan,' card, Geist? I mean, of all the ploys, you've got to realize that we're not gonna fall for that one. I mean, I could see it if you simply boasted that you'd learned something during your defeats. That might concern me. But instead, you can't even concede that you were ever not in control of the situation. And sweetie-pie, that just isn't gonna fly. So it just tells me that you're desperate, flailing, hoping against hope that we won't realize that somehow, once again, we're here in time to interrupt your great march to victory."

He pauses, about a quarter of the way across the space. "Believe me. When I finally get around to summoning the embodiment of Fate, I fully intend to ask them why we got shackled to bringing down a second-stringer like you so many times. Once, sure, but as they say, familiarity breeds contempt."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

OOC Comments
Over the radio a bit of chatter can be heard in the background. Muffled voices of two people talking. Captain Gater comes back on a bit more Gruff, ” Hold on 13th, I got someone who wants to speak.” After a moment the familiar voice of none other than the mayor of Gloom, and good friend to the heroes of the 13th Diamond Clad comes on, ” Cantrell, Jude! Holy Divine creature of your faith! I am looking at the mountain now! A couple of cyber knights came to me for some help. Said you needed backup, damn... If that mountain should drop... Oh no, I just received a letter from Crystal a few days ago. She’s in the city!”

After another moment Captain Gaiter comes back on, ” Diamond can see the mountain, and we can certainly steer clear. Sadly if what he says is true, evacuating the city would do little than create a mass panic.”
Giest seethes at the heroes for not understanding the fruits of her labor. ” It would have been so much easier in Gloom. This plan... Was least desired. You think I want to kill everyone? I just want to save them from the horrors to come. I have seen into the future. Dark days are coming faster than any of you can dream of.” She shakes her dark whispy head as if clearing a bad dream, ” I may be a monster but without me, humanity has little hope. We must grow, and change into something that can survive!”

Lucretia remains motionless, like a statue. Bane struggles against his retied bindings on the wooden alter.

As the heroes approach they can see the snake men a bit better. They seem to be grouped in threes, each trio having the same colored tail. Three of them have taken up close to Giest herself preparing themselves to die if need be so she can live.
Libertas
To be clear you recognize the alter, heck you have played hide and seek underneath it enough times to know it is the top of your families dinning table.

Feel free to RP a bit more. This weekend I’ll get down a map, and initiative!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

OOC Comments
In case it might be useful:
Smarts to remember the images [dice:1qby0vn8]49713:0[/dice:1qby0vn8]
Wild Smarts [dice:1qby0vn8]49713:1[/dice:1qby0vn8]

Knowledge: Arcana [dice:1qby0vn8]49713:2[/dice:1qby0vn8]
Wild K: Arc [dice:1qby0vn8]49713:3[/dice:1qby0vn8]
Libertas makes a mental effort to shut out the distractions--Lucretia and Bane, the city below them, Crystal being in that city--because focusing on those will do nothing. Instead, having gotten close enough to fully appreciate the fact that the altar is his old kitchen table, he pauses as Geist rants again, closing his eyes, and calling to mind those symbols. So many hours under there, he can practically draw it from memory.. Even better that those memories were from before his eyes got too good a look at the sun.

The difference, of course, is that now he has a new understanding of how to interpret those symbols....

Behind his thick goggles, his eyes pop open suddenly. "So tell us, Victoria. Tell us about the danger and darkness to come. Tell us what you've seen. If you've really done all these evil things, sacrificed so many and tried to slaughter so many more, just to be able tp put a stop to what's coming, well, makes sense to hedge your bets, yeah?"
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Badguys
Badguys:
Snake men(24): Pace: 8; Parry: 7; Toughness: 15 (7)
  • Weapons: various modern implements of death.
  • They are spread out in groups of three between the heroes and the Altar/Giest in a manner that makes it hard to catch more than three in a SBT, MBT... LBT can hit six.
  • Nearest group of three is about 50" away
Lucretia about 75" away near the altar:
  • Parry: 10, -2 to be hit by technological weapons [13 with psi-shield]
  • Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
  • Pace: 8, run d10
  • Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Altar, about 75" away:
[*]Bane: Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4 ; Toughness: 5 ; Strain: 0 ; PPE: 20

Giest: ??? Guarded by three snake men.
Initiative Order: Jude, Giest and her forces. Libertas, Cantrell
Initiative:
Cantrell(impr lvl headed): 7 Clubs [dice:3msxplj4]49795:0[/dice:3msxplj4]
Jude(you know what to do): Ace of Clubs [dice:3msxplj4]49795:1[/dice:3msxplj4] [dice:3msxplj4]49795:5[/dice:3msxplj4] reroll [dice:3msxplj4]49795:6[/dice:3msxplj4]
Libertas (quick, lvl headed):Jack of Diamonds [dice:3msxplj4]49795:2[/dice:3msxplj4]
Giest(improved lvl headed): King of hearts [dice:3msxplj4]49795:3[/dice:3msxplj4] reroll 14 [dice:3msxplj4]49795:4[/dice:3msxplj4]
Giest gently pats Bane's forhead as she opens a book that had been clipped on her belt. Her shadowy form glows red as she cackles, " Yes! Yes! What did you show me when I found you so imprisoned my dear Bane? A world of fire, the CS launched thermonuclear devices! A world covered by the Splugorth, populated by men and women made of bio-wizardry made metal... Nothing was the idyllic world we tried to preserve in the war!" From above the dark inky mass of the alien intelligence writhes and wriggles as Giest's voice reaches a fevered pitch! " Yes! You see now Libertas. I... We need your dagger to stop the horror from coming! The world will be remade from the ash that we here make now!"
Libertas
Lets face it it was along time ago, and you did not always have glassess to see things clearly. But you are the fucking technowizard and from memory you do recall a singular image carved into the underside of the table. Piecing together what Cantrell has dropped about the valiant blade and her plan to stop temporal wizards, plus the poison slurs Big Mikey dropped, and your own theory craft about the arcane you realize your father's dagger is key to unlocking the table and given the right catalyst the table is capable of causing world changing magic. The dagger in your pocket can transform into a blade when placed in the center of the altar/table it unlocks its true power.
  • Without the blade Giest might only be able to destroy Dweomer and the surrounding area. With it she can destroy the world and remake it in one fell swoop.
  • Easiest way to stop her is to remove her from the Altar
  • Giest is your enemy so no soak soak from her.
Comms
Knight Zee Hail comes on after a brief static, " We are with you 13th. Should you need it, aid will be given!"

Directions: Feel free to RP/ respond
Who can do an action? Actions: Jude is up, Check the badguy posts for distances.
Attachments
Giest.jpg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Armor Invisibility 14; Raise: -6 to be detected and attacked
+2 You Know What To Do
Persuasion [dice:2tjb2097]49869:0[/dice:2tjb2097]
Wild [dice:2tjb2097]49869:1[/dice:2tjb2097]
Night
Round 0

Jude listened to the radio. “Diamond, get Crystal clear of the city, at least!” he replied. “We’ll do what we can up here. But I don’t know what will happen when we stop Geist. It may be her magic holding this mountain up.”

Jude turned his attention back to Geist. “Oh, please. Every would-be tyrant prattles on about doing it for the good!” Jude said. “Even Prosek! And at least he has some legitimacy! He is actually doing some good! Protecting people, protecting humanity. You’re just slaughtering people! How does this help anyone? If there is danger coming, then the Tomorrow Legion will stop it.”

Geist didn’t seem to be having anything of it, though. “Cantrell, give me some cover,” Jude muttered.

“Okay, Geist. You asked for it. I’m going to go get some help. See ya later!”

With that, Jude activated the magic in his armor, the set that had belonged to the lead singer of Drei Marbles Left.

Jude disappeared from everyone’s attention and moved forward [8”] to try and cut the distance between two of the groups of snake men and get closer to the altar.
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Her mind still busy identifying targets and calculating probably attack routes, Cantrell is caught off-balance when Jude moves from distraction to action.

<<Wait ...>> she starts to say, just as he disappears from sight.

<<Damn it, Jude, if you're gonna go be a hero at least give me some idea where you're gonna be so I don't put a laser through the back of your empty, invisible head>> she growls, silently wishing him luck. <<Just keep low, and aim high.>>
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Badguys
Badguys:
Snake men(24): Pace: 8; Parry: 7; Toughness: 15 (7)
  • Weapons: various modern implements of death.
  • They are spread out in groups of three between the heroes and the Altar/Giest in a manner that makes it hard to catch more than three in a SBT, MBT... LBT can hit six.
  • Nearest group of three is about 50" away
  • [dice:3fzqsksr]49937:3[/dice:3fzqsksr] have heavy weapon rocket launcher
Lucretia about 75" away near the altar:
  • Parry: 10, -2 to be hit by technological weapons [13 with psi-shield]
  • Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
  • Pace: 8, run d10
  • Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Altar, about 75" away:
  • Bane: Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4 ; Toughness: 5 ; Strain: 0 ; PPE: 20
Jude
is 8” closer than Cantrell and Libertas.
Giest and snakeman actions
Giest: kn battle [dice:3fzqsksr]49937:0[/dice:3fzqsksr] wild [dice:3fzqsksr]49937:1[/dice:3fzqsksr] ace [dice:3fzqsksr]49937:2[/dice:3fzqsksr]
Spellcasting: [dice:3fzqsksr]49937:4[/dice:3fzqsksr] wild [dice:3fzqsksr]49937:5[/dice:3fzqsksr]
Snake men notice group 1, aid rolls for gottheir plus 2, but with the invisibility... [dice:3fzqsksr]49937:6[/dice:3fzqsksr] [dice:3fzqsksr]49937:7[/dice:3fzqsksr]
Snake man lead roll: [dice:3fzqsksr]49937:13[/dice:3fzqsksr]
Group 2-4 effectivly gain a -2 to be hit vs range and 1 snake man in each group take the aim action. Each of the aimers have a snake man at their side with melee weapons ready to strike someone who gets close in melee.
GROUPS 5-7 go on hold with agility rolls of [dice:3fzqsksr]49937:8[/dice:3fzqsksr] ace [dice:3fzqsksr]49937:12[/dice:3fzqsksr]wild [dice:3fzqsksr]49937:9[/dice:3fzqsksr] to react to heroes actions.
Group 8 gaurds Geist using the fanatics setting rules. Basically if she takes a wound they will sacrifice themselves to instead take the hit.
Lucretia in hold [dice:3fzqsksr]49937:10[/dice:3fzqsksr] wild [dice:3fzqsksr]49937:11[/dice:3fzqsksr]
Like a well trained army the snake men react to Jude’s disaperence. The snake men seem to use their grouping of three’s to maximize their efficiency. Each group designating a leader in the moment through some kind of silient understanding. With 24 snake men there are 8 groups of three. One group with a rocket launcher in the hands of the lead snake seems to activly trying to find Jude. But or now it seems if the persuasive Jude Maverick is out of their sight. Three groups drop low with their leader having a ranged weapons at the ready aiming at either Cantrell or Libertas while their team mates support them with their melee weapons in hand just in case the heroes close the gap. Three groups remain motionless ready to act or react in a split second to what can only be an epic battle.

Giest for her part cackles assuming she has planned five steps ahead of the heroes for any eventuality. She presses her lips over Bane’s and a great bright red energy emits from Bane’s body as her legendary spell Perpetual Puppet is consumated. She laughs at Jude’s disaperence, ” Vik’s armor no doubt! I’ll let my new plaything deal with you Maverick!” As if to emphasize that point Bane groans loudly. A trio of snake men hiss staying close by her side ready to intercept any attack on their leader.

Lucretia for her part remains motionless. Jude may recall she was able to easily see through Soldad’s invisibility. Can her natural radar peirce his invisibility now? Perhaps only time will tell...

Ok that is the above Giest and her men turn. Cantrell and Libertas you are up! Badguys occ has relative distances.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Lotsa Rolls, Lotsa Laser Fire Directed Into Geist's Brainpan
Was going to try something different, but will try to stay within Clint's misinterpretation of the rules on Rapid Fire. So just going for lots of head shots on Geist, who I should be able to interrupt.

Due to She Who Fights Monsters, I'm considered to have The Drop vs. Geist, which also makes puts me on Hold -- meaning I should be able to potentially interrupt the spell she casts on Bane.

Order of operations: Activate adrenal control system as a free action; use the extra action granted by that to cast Greater Smite from the Red Gauntlet on my laser rifle; move at double pace (from ACS) 20' toward Geist; Rapid Attack with my regular action to take 6 shots at Geist, all of them Called Shots to the head for -4 to hit/+4 damage and benefiting from The Drop, rifle scope eliminates the penalty for Medium range.

Agility roll (to act from On Hold and interrupt Geist's spellcasting)
Agility [dice:zpmct35c]49971:0[/dice:zpmct35c] = 9 on the roll to interrupt. EDIT: Hmmmm, not sure how this roll got borked, you can ignore it, I guess.
Wild 1 [dice:zpmct35c]49971:1[/dice:zpmct35c]
Wild 2 [dice:zpmct35c]49971:2[/dice:zpmct35c]

Spirit to cast Greater Smite (Fires of Reality trapping) from the Red Gauntlet
Spirit [dice:zpmct35c]49971:3[/dice:zpmct35c] = Success with a Raise, rifle gains +8 damage and ignores temporal trappings
Wild 1 [dice:zpmct35c]49971:4[/dice:zpmct35c]
Wild 2 [dice:zpmct35c]49971:5[/dice:zpmct35c]

Shooting Stuff: Base Shooting is 1d12+4, +2 from her armor; -4 to hit from Rapid Attack; +4 to hit and damage from The Drop; -4 to hit and +4 to damage from Called Shots-Head; after movement I'm ~55' from the altar, which is Medium range, but the -2 penalty is negated by my rifle's scope; +8 damage from Greater Smite, +1d6 damage from She Who Fights Monsters.
Total: 1d12+2 to hit, damage from each shot is 4d6+18, AP 3

Shooting 1 [dice:zpmct35c]49971:6[/dice:zpmct35c] = Hit with a Raise

Shooting 2 [dice:zpmct35c]49971:7[/dice:zpmct35c] = Hit EDIT: Informed of -2 deflection, so I'll Benny for Extra Effort + Elan = [dice:zpmct35c]49971:24[/dice:zpmct35c] = Ace [dice:zpmct35c]49971:26[/dice:zpmct35c] = Hit gains a Raise

Shooting 3 [dice:zpmct35c]49971:8[/dice:zpmct35c] = Hit with a Raise

Shooting 4 [dice:zpmct35c]49971:9[/dice:zpmct35c] = Hit with a Raise

Shooting 5 [dice:zpmct35c]49971:10[/dice:zpmct35c] = Hit with a Raise

Shooting 6 [dice:zpmct35c]49971:11[/dice:zpmct35c] = Hit = EDIT: Informed of -2 deflection, so I'll Benny for Extra Effort + Elan = [dice:zpmct35c]49971:25[/dice:zpmct35c] = Ace [dice:zpmct35c]49971:27[/dice:zpmct35c] = Hit gains a Raise

Wild 1 [dice:zpmct35c]49971:12[/dice:zpmct35c]

Wild 2 [dice:zpmct35c]49971:13[/dice:zpmct35c]

Damage Rolls:

Damage 1: EDIT - This didn't roll the first time [dice:zpmct35c]49971:19[/dice:zpmct35c] = Ace! [dice:zpmct35c]49971:20[/dice:zpmct35c] = 46 damage, AP 3 = 8 Wounds vs. Geist

Damage 2: [dice:zpmct35c]49971:14[/dice:zpmct35c] = 26 damage, AP 3 = 3 Wounds vs. Geist, 4 if Shaken. EDIT: Adding Raise damage after Benny [dice:zpmct35c]49971:28[/dice:zpmct35c] = 29 damage, AP 3 = 4 Wounds vs. Geist, 5 if Shaken.

Damage 3: [dice:zpmct35c]49971:15[/dice:zpmct35c] = 38 damage, AP 3 = 6 Wounds vs. Geist, 7 if Shaken

Damage 4: [dice:zpmct35c]49971:16[/dice:zpmct35c] = Ace! [dice:zpmct35c]49971:21[/dice:zpmct35c] = 54 damage, AP 3 = 10 Wounds vs. Geist, 11 if Shaken

Damage 5: [dice:zpmct35c]49971:17[/dice:zpmct35c] = Ace! [dice:zpmct35c]49971:22[/dice:zpmct35c] = 36 damage, AP 3 = 5 Wounds vs. Geist, 6 if Shaken

Damage 6: [dice:zpmct35c]49971:18[/dice:zpmct35c] = Ace! [dice:zpmct35c]49971:23[/dice:zpmct35c] = 37 damage, AP 3 = 6 Wounds vs. Geist, 7 if Shaken. EDIT: Adding Raise damage after Benny [dice:zpmct35c]49971:29[/dice:zpmct35c] = 41 damage, AP 3 = 7 Wounds vs. Geist, 8 if Shaken.
Cantrell starts moving before Geist even twitches in Bane's direction, but even so, she's not sure even her supertech-enhanced reflexes can save the D'Norr. As the cybernetic fire lights up her nervous system, she charges forward, light blazing from the Red Gauntlet as the temporal lodestone empowers her battle rifle with an ethereal energy meant to cut through and negate any temporal interference. [Activated cybernetic reflexes as a free action, the cast greater smite with a raise.]

Closing the gap in long strides, her eyes take in other targets -- that missile launcher is a concern, but one she'll have to leave to the others -- even as she raises her rifle and starts squeezing off shots at the only enemy that matters: the Arch-Bitch, Geist.

Faster than thought, the laser beams fly, each one a burning lance of vengeance aimed right between Geist's eyes. Each one is on target, too, before Geist's sycophants start leaping in front of them. A couple of shots appear to be knocked off-target by ... something. [Six hits causing varying amounts of damage, see spoiler. Note, all hits ignore temporal trappings/boost effects, due to the trappings from the Red Gauntlet.]

Should have expected the bitch would be cheating, Cantrell thinks, as her charge carries her closer to the altar, and members of the 13th Geist has tried to corrupt.

Here's hoping she hasn't completely succeeeded ... comes the thought, as Bane starts to rise from the altar.

[Cantrell is currently -3 to be hit at range (reflexes + Dodge), no penalty in melee (reflexes cancel -2 Parry from Rapid Attack). She's also Immune to Fear, her Pace is doubled to 20, Vigor boosted to 1d12, Toughness is 25 (10), and she has Improved Nerves of Steel.]
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Agility with killer instinct: [dice:2va042r2]49973:2[/dice:2va042r2] wild [dice:2va042r2]49973:3[/dice:2va042r2] WC Benny [dice:2va042r2]49973:4[/dice:2va042r2] wild [dice:2va042r2]49973:5[/dice:2va042r2] ace [dice:2va042r2]49973:6[/dice:2va042r2]
WC Benny to soak [dice:2va042r2]49973:0[/dice:2va042r2] wild [dice:2va042r2]49973:1[/dice:2va042r2]

Snake men dive infront one after another of Cantrell’s head shots, and even one destined for her head passes straight through with no effect. However 2 find their homes in Geist’s brain pain and she falls on top of Bane before the puppeting spell could truly take effect. A whisp of dark smoke exists the body of the famed Tolkien commander.

Above the 13th still writhing at the top of the cave the black bulbous mass of the alien intelligence snakes a tendril across the long gap catching the reminantts of Geist’s soul. Thank you.

Bane croaks loudly as he can manage, ” There is time still. I knew you would come... The Altar—-“. The gauntleted fist of Lucretia hits his mouth stopping his words.

The errie purpled eyed Altara whispers, ” Giest”
The rest of the snake men hiss!

Note: Lucretia is still on hold.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

OOC Comments
Multi-Action: Move forward 30', Cast Force Multiplication to summon 11 Beatbots (21 PPE) 30' ahead, order them to move forward and attack Lucretia and the Snakemen (5 on Lucretia, 6 on random Snakemen, one each), then cast Intangible (5 PPE) to not get killed by whoever survives.
Force Multiplication [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:0[/dice:3fpl29w5]
Wild Techcno-Wizardry [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:1[/dice:3fpl29w5]

Each BeatBot gets 2 Fighting Touch Attacks with Neural Maces on their targets. The group on Lucretia gets +4 Gang-up bonus. DAMMIT Error in the rolls--every "Melee 2" attack is at 2 less, because they don't have Ambidextrous.
Lucretia Attacks (TN 15, due to CK badassness)
BeatBot 1 Melee 1 [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:2[/dice:3fpl29w5] ACE [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:26[/dice:3fpl29w5]
BeatBot 1 Melee 2 [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:3[/dice:3fpl29w5]
BeatBot 2 Melee 1 [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:4[/dice:3fpl29w5]
BeatBot 2 Melee 2 [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:5[/dice:3fpl29w5]
BeatBot 3 Melee 1 [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:6[/dice:3fpl29w5] ACE [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:27[/dice:3fpl29w5]
BeatBot 3 Melee 2 [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:7[/dice:3fpl29w5]
BeatBot 4 Melee 1 [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:8[/dice:3fpl29w5] ACE [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:28[/dice:3fpl29w5]
BeatBot 4 Melee 2 [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:9[/dice:3fpl29w5]
BeatBot 5 Melee 1 [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:10[/dice:3fpl29w5]
BeatBot 5 Melee 2 [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:11[/dice:3fpl29w5]

3 Hits with Neural Maces:
Damage [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:29[/dice:3fpl29w5] + [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:30[/dice:3fpl29w5] No Damage
Damage [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:31[/dice:3fpl29w5] + [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:32[/dice:3fpl29w5] No Damage
Damage [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:33[/dice:3fpl29w5] + [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:34[/dice:3fpl29w5] ACE [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:35[/dice:3fpl29w5] Shaken
Lucretia is Shaken, and needs to make 3 Vigor rolls or be Incapacitated.

Snakemen Attacks (TN 7)
BeatBot 6 Melee 1 [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:12[/dice:3fpl29w5]
BeatBot 6 Melee 2 [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:13[/dice:3fpl29w5] ACE [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:36[/dice:3fpl29w5] Hit [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:39[/dice:3fpl29w5]+[dice:3fpl29w5]50046:40[/dice:3fpl29w5]
BeatBot 7 Melee 1 [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:14[/dice:3fpl29w5]
BeatBot 7 Melee 2 [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:15[/dice:3fpl29w5]
BeatBot 8 Melee 1 [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:16[/dice:3fpl29w5]
BeatBot 8 Melee 2 [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:17[/dice:3fpl29w5] ACE [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:37[/dice:3fpl29w5] Raise [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:41[/dice:3fpl29w5]+[dice:3fpl29w5]50046:42[/dice:3fpl29w5]
BeatBot 9 Melee 1 [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:18[/dice:3fpl29w5] Hit [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:43[/dice:3fpl29w5]+[dice:3fpl29w5]50046:44[/dice:3fpl29w5]
BeatBot 9 Melee 2 [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:19[/dice:3fpl29w5] Hit [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:45[/dice:3fpl29w5]+[dice:3fpl29w5]50046:46[/dice:3fpl29w5]
BeatBot 10 Melee 1 [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:20[/dice:3fpl29w5]
BeatBot 10 Melee 2 [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:21[/dice:3fpl29w5]
BeatBot 11 Melee 1 [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:22[/dice:3fpl29w5]
BeatBot 11 Melee 2 [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:23[/dice:3fpl29w5] ACE [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:38[/dice:3fpl29w5] Hit [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:47[/dice:3fpl29w5]+[dice:3fpl29w5]50046:48[/dice:3fpl29w5]

No damage from any of the attacks, but 3 need to make a single Vigor Roll or be Incapacitated, and one needs to make two rolls.

Intangibility [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:24[/dice:3fpl29w5]
Wild Techno-Wizardry [dice:3fpl29w5]50046:25[/dice:3fpl29w5]
Successfully Ghostforms.

Libertas cheers momentarily as Cantrell takes down Geist and a bunch of the snakes. He really, really wants to clear the rest of them, but... Lucretia. Gotta save her, And gotta stay alive.

So, a little of Column A, a little from Column B. Charging forward as he can, he holds up the Puzzlebox, and a spray of metal balls scatter ahead, becoming Beatbots--not the most effective combatants, but they should occupy some of the Snakemen, and maybe even take down Lucretia without hurting her.

As soon as the bots swarm the enemy lines, attacking the snakemen and attempting to overcome Lucretia through sheer numbers, he takes a moment to focus his will through the shoes he acquired in Geist's castle, becoming ghostlike and translucent. Of course, in this form, he can't issue new commands, but the bots should be able to create some distractions for a bit.
Beatbot Statistics
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d8, Notice d8, Shooting d8, Stealth d6
Charisma: —; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (5)
Vulnerability: Electricity (-4 to resist effects, +4 damage from electrical attacks)
Immune: Poison/Disease
Hardy (second Shaken result does not Wound)
Neural Maces (x2): Str+d6, Touch Attack (+2 Fighting), Vigor roll or Incapacitated, 1/rd Vigor roll to become Shaken
Edges: Two-Weapon Fighting (Off hand attack is still at -2)
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

OOC Comments
Lucretia: 3 vigor rolls... [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:0[/dice:ofovyqcm] wild [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:1[/dice:ofovyqcm]
Spirit unshake: [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:2[/dice:ofovyqcm] wild [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:3[/dice:ofovyqcm]

Snake Menx3: [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:4[/dice:ofovyqcm]
Snake Men x1: [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:5[/dice:ofovyqcm]

Snake men fighting vs TN 6

Group 1: [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:6[/dice:ofovyqcm] [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:7[/dice:ofovyqcm] miss
Damage: [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:21[/dice:ofovyqcm]AP 4
Group 2: [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:8[/dice:ofovyqcm] [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:9[/dice:ofovyqcm]
Damage: [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:22[/dice:ofovyqcm]AP 4 damage [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:27[/dice:ofovyqcm] plus [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:28[/dice:ofovyqcm] AP4
Group 3: [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:10[/dice:ofovyqcm] [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:11[/dice:ofovyqcm]
Damage: [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:23[/dice:ofovyqcm]AP 4, damage: [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:29[/dice:ofovyqcm]AP4
Group 4: [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:12[/dice:ofovyqcm] [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:13[/dice:ofovyqcm]
Damage: [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:24[/dice:ofovyqcm]AP 4
Group 5: [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:14[/dice:ofovyqcm] [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:15[/dice:ofovyqcm]
Damage: [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:25[/dice:ofovyqcm]AP 4
Group 6: [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:16[/dice:ofovyqcm] [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:17[/dice:ofovyqcm] miss
Damage: [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:26[/dice:ofovyqcm]AP 4
Shooting vs Cantrell x2: [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:18[/dice:ofovyqcm]

Last group goes off hold heading to Giest about 6” away. They grab her and the book she was reading from apperently disapearing from view behind the Altar ( as if using it for total cover or worse).

Lucretia, Mega Teleport through her armor [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:19[/dice:ofovyqcm] wild [dice:ofovyqcm]50069:20[/dice:ofovyqcm]
Hi Libertas! Psi sword to Libertas’ throat. Drop your weapons. Her reactions seem ramped up perhaps on par with Cantrell.

Above the hero’s the mass of inky darkness of the vampire intelegence writhes with sparks of red energy coming off it, like perhaps it ate something it disagreeed with.
With Giest’s body slumped over the alter smoke still coming out of the cauterized wounds a groaning Bane mutters clearly realing from Lucretia’s sucker punch[Notice TN 6 to hear it correctly], ” Blood... Blood... Cantrell! Blood...” [her spell did seem to be interrupted by a timely barrage of shots from one Cantrell!]. The tendril from the black mass of the alien intelegence retreats from her person having drawn in something from Giest’s body. Tiny sparks of red erupt from the intelegences person as if it is suffering from a bout of indigestion.

”Libertas...” Comes the familiar voice of lady viggo, “I can sense something in the air, something is being fought over.” Indeed the air arround the heroes takes on a charge of its own. Electrical weapons seem to arc and spark of their own volition (no penalties, just a cool effect).

A few Snake men drop to the ground as Libertas’ beatbox army advances on them. The rest of the snake men (18 of them) prove their worth dropping several beatbots with vicious vibro sword strikes. They seem well trained and strong for slithering men and women. [For the bots that attacked the snake men, only Group 1 and group 6 still have the bot to worry about]. Three snake men fire off their laser weapons missing Cantrell and scoring hits on the floor arround her. ”Hisssss. Boooo!” The snakemen closest to Giest and without any beatbots on them slither to her form taking hold of it and her book disapearing behind the altar perhaps using it for total cover or far worse.

Last but not least the drama increases as Lucretia the former leader now turned into a tool for the enemy via what could only be a powerful spell of legend moves into action using her actobatic grace. [KN Arcana if you know about spells of legend... Might take a equally powerful dispell to undo]. Despite being surrounded she dodges, weaves parries with her fists and even shrrugs off a few nural mace blows. Then in a flash her armor activates and she vanishes only to fighteninly appear next to Libertas Magicorium! With her psi-sword gleaming a brilliant purple pressed against a ghostly Libertas’ neck her impassive words perhaps chill her former team to the bone, ”I'm a close combat specialist, and, well, a cyber-knight, so I make my own weaponry.” A psionic enfused gauntlet digs into Libertas’ back as she continues, “I'm only so-so with the psi stuff, and mostly it just enhances my physical capabilities.” Her psi-blade seems to curve arround Libertas’ neck and a strange purple light shines through her helm where her eyes would normal be if she was not born without them, ”and I'm a highly trained acrobat, so give me your father’s dagger and the rest of you drop your weapons or say good-bye to Goggles." Her head twitches momentarily in Jude’s direction giving only a slight indication that she may know where Maverick is located.

A few beats pass which the Snakemen hold their fire, and it strangly even gives the members of the 13th a chance to get into some kind of position to do something if they want to try their luck.
Notice TN 8
Creeping in through the mouth of the cavern that looks down upon Dweomer is the stealthy form of none other than your former Dee Bee lovin’ head hunter from the NGR Marcus! He has spelunked from the top of the mouth of the cavern and is holding on to a stalagtite with one hand and aiming his laser rifle at Libertas and Lucretia with the other. You can almost here him say with his German accent ” Fucking Dee Bee”

Drop a Notice Roll!

Drama!!! Player Directions: RP, react, say your peice and ultimately decide to comply or go to work against your former leader: If you decide to act against her which will include making any dice rolls make an agility roll to see if you can act before her (GM will roll her agility after players which I might add could be different than her sheet currently as she has gain some xp)
  • Want to gain an edge to the agility roll? Give an impassioned plea or perhaps some other narrative response that is dramatic. Do so and you gain a +2 to your agility roll.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 12
Notice [dice:27kb3vtf]50297:0[/dice:27kb3vtf]
EE and Elan [dice:27kb3vtf]50297:2[/dice:27kb3vtf]
Wild [dice:27kb3vtf]50297:1[/dice:27kb3vtf]
Agility 13
+2 dramatic speech
Agility [dice:27kb3vtf]50297:3[/dice:27kb3vtf]
EE and Elan [dice:27kb3vtf]50297:5[/dice:27kb3vtf]
Wild [dice:27kb3vtf]50297:4[/dice:27kb3vtf]
Cooperative Persuasion (free action) 20; +4 to activation roll
+2 Renown
Persuasion [dice:27kb3vtf]50297:6[/dice:27kb3vtf]
Wild [dice:27kb3vtf]50297:7[/dice:27kb3vtf]
Mind Control 22 vs. opposed Spirit
+4 Cooperative roll
Smarts [dice:27kb3vtf]50297:8[/dice:27kb3vtf]
Wild [dice:27kb3vtf]50297:9[/dice:27kb3vtf]
Ace [dice:27kb3vtf]50297:10[/dice:27kb3vtf]
EE and Elan [dice:27kb3vtf]50297:11[/dice:27kb3vtf]
Night
Round 0

Jude heard Bane muttering something about blood. He caught movement above them in the cavern and noticed Markus up there, aiming down at Lucretia and Libertas. What the hell? Was this like a 13th Set reunion? Whose side was Markus on?

Jude had to apply himself to the more immediate threat though.

“Lucretia, this isn’t you,”Jude’s voice spoke from the air. She seemed to be able to see him, though. ‘You are a cyber-knight. You uphold what is good, right, honorable. Would Sir Merikh or Lord Coake approve? I know something is controlling you. Let us help you. Let Goggles go and let us help you.

Jude tapped the magic of his choker, making that last statement a command as he tried to capture Lucretia’s mind to his will.
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Agility 9, Notice 13, Shooting 11
Agility [dice:3gxs4u4z]50328:0[/dice:3gxs4u4z]
Wild 1 [dice:3gxs4u4z]50328:1[/dice:3gxs4u4z]
Wild 2 [dice:3gxs4u4z]50328:2[/dice:3gxs4u4z]

Notice [dice:3gxs4u4z]50328:3[/dice:3gxs4u4z]
Wild 1 [dice:3gxs4u4z]50328:4[/dice:3gxs4u4z]
Wild 2 [dice:3gxs4u4z]50328:5[/dice:3gxs4u4z]

Bought a Benny, screenshot posted in Hangouts
Extra Effort + Elan for the Notice roll = [dice:3gxs4u4z]50328:6[/dice:3gxs4u4z]

Will fire off a single shot to try to destroy/disable Markus's rifle. Base is 1d12+4, +2 helmet targeting, +2 Marksman, -6 Called Shot vs. tiny target. (Not sure about range, but optics on her rifle would offset all penalties if 80' or less).
Shooting [dice:3gxs4u4z]50328:7[/dice:3gxs4u4z] = Hit with a Raise
Wild 1 [dice:3gxs4u4z]50328:8[/dice:3gxs4u4z]
Wild 2 [dice:3gxs4u4z]50328:9[/dice:3gxs4u4z]

Damage seems unnecessary.
"Hey now, everybody calm. That's your teammate you've got there, Lucretia. Libertas, from the 13th, who had your back on the bridge at Silver Bluff. Riding together in our Zone Ranger. One big happy family."

As she speaks, Cantrell cybernetically-enhanced faculties continue to look for options -- shots to make, angles of attack -- and it's then she spots another old teammate, Markus, rapelling from a crack in the cavern high above, seemingly intent on taking out Lucretia with a laser rifle.

"Look, nobody's pointing a gun at anyone," she says, holding her own rifle at arm's length, barrel pointed to the sky ... A quick trigger pull, and a silent laser beam lances outward and up ... leaving a smoking hole as it slices through the refractory chamber of Markus's own rifle, high above. Without even a glance skyward, Cantrell sets the rifle on the ground, letting Jude take over in the battle of words for Lucretia's soul.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Agility 11
+2 for dramatic speech on Agility roll:
Agility [dice:rird2gv0]50375:0[/dice:rird2gv0]
Wild Agility [dice:rird2gv0]50375:1[/dice:rird2gv0]
Extra Effort + Elan [dice:rird2gv0]50375:2[/dice:rird2gv0]

Activate Shadowcloak/True Invisbility [dice:rird2gv0]50375:3[/dice:rird2gv0]
Wild Techno-Wizardry [dice:rird2gv0]50375:4[/dice:rird2gv0]

Raise on the True Invis. Since she can't actually feel him--it's just the psi-sword threatening his incorporeal body--it isn't quite like being held in place; invisible, he should at least get the full -8 to be hit. Assuming she doesn't interrupt him, of course.
Lib was momentarily frozen by the teleportation and the Cyber-Knight's sudden death-hold on him. That's new. Would've been handy at Silver Bluff. Wonder who built it for-- Really, Libertas, this is hardly the proper time for that sort of thing. You. Are. In. Danger. Ah, good point, danger. From Lucretia. His brain still can barely process that.

Wait, she's doing her original intro. Why...? Is it important? It might be. Think, dammit, thi-- what was that Cantrell said? Yeah, Silver Bluff... Oh!

Aloud, speaking very calmly, Lib opts to give what help he can to Jude. "Yeah, Lucretia, I had your back--just like you always said you'd have ours. Remember that first day? You made a promise, and we both kept to it. Hell, you've still got the sunstone amulet around your neck. Gotta be burned out by now, but I bet I could make another, maybe even make it a more lasting thing." He pauses. "Lucretia, I trust you to do the right thing. To the end."

And then, at that exact moment, unless Lucretia has already slit his throat while he was rambling... he's gone. Just not there anymore. Maybe he teleported away? Invisibly, he will attempt to simply walk way, passing through Lucretia and heading to the altar.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Lucretia Agility: [dice:1is6hzu0]50376:0[/dice:1is6hzu0] wild [dice:1is6hzu0]50376:1[/dice:1is6hzu0]
Notice +2
A horrible crunching noise echoes just beyond eye sight from the mouth of the cave like a large peice of metal hitting a heavy rock.
The cyber knights purple glow where her eyes might have been receeds and her arms fall to her way side. She shakes her head as Jude’s words slap her out of the apperent mind slave legendary power. She whispers more than confused, ” Jude? Cantrell?” Her head turns to her psi blade, ” What’s going on?”

The snake men seem to be retreating towards the mouth of the cave while still aptly hidden despite a busted laser rifle Marcus pulls out a pair of pump pistols [Not pointing them at anyone in particular]. The snake men are fast and seem to find hidden tunnles and hidey holes with ease taking them out of sight but the group is able to take out a few before they retreat. It does also seem that Giest’s body and the book she held were ferried away as well. To get them back the group would have to go tunnel diving.

Bane rolls off the Altar clutching his stomach which has a large gash and blackened burn mark covering his upp torso. He croaks to the team, ”Don’t think this...” He waves his hands wildly, ” Is over... You fight...” He seems to vibrate slightly going in and out of existance, ” Six times.” He solidifies complety and whispers, ” You have a chance to stop the temporal encursions once and for all. This table, Libertas’ dagger we can end all that...” Bane chuckles slightly still holding his chest, ” Timy wimy bullshit.” Above the team the black dark mass like rippling water of the alien intelligence flashes bright red.
Kn battle TN 8, Snake Men Retreat
Wow was that too easy? Wasn’t Giest a brilliant strategiest or something? Is this all going according to plan? Something is just not right here. The retreat was well orchestrated.
Libertas
You have a couple bots left up I think, they can take a parting shot on a snake man if you like
Kn arcana -8, Mindslave... I’ll PM you the details.
Eternal Slave
Libertas once heard, or rather barely overheard Diamond Clad talking to another professor O’Mally (Most just called the red beared man Lucky) about the secret spells that Tolkeen contained.
” Deep in the black vault I built for them they store powerful relics. I fear if they should fall they will be loosed on the world.”

Lucky a gangly looking man with a red mutton chop beard and a tall green top hat nodded thoughtfully, ” Yes they do seem to be on a collision corse with the coalition. I hear they have access to powerful and legendary spells... Din’t your wife?”

Diamond Clad hold up a hand asking for the man not to continue, ” Aye lucky she was subjected to one. Eternal Slave.” He shuddered slightly recalling some forgotton time, ” I lost her to it, and almost lost crystal as well. If Victoria had not uncovered the secrets to unravelling its power my daughter would have shared my wife’s fate.” He shook her head,” Horrible Lucky, a power capable of controlling your thoughts and actions forever. Sure a powerful enough Dispel or counter puppet could repress it for a breif period... Too brief and the effects of the Eternal Slave would reassert itself twice fold. Thank the maker for Victoria.”

Lucky leaned in clearly interested, ” Din’t she do her work up in the Iron Heart? “

Diamond nodded slowly, ” Aye. Up near the great lakes. The coalition would have a feild day if they ever found her lab in Ste Marie.”

Lucky nodded, ” Did they ever catch the man responsible?”

Diamond Clad’s voice turned dark for a moment, ” No... They never caught Charles.”
Player Direction: Sort of the calm before the storm. What is next?
+1 Benny for the sweet RP.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

K: Arc 13
Knowledge Arcana [dice:1wacspzi]50377:0[/dice:1wacspzi] ACE [dice:1wacspzi]50377:2[/dice:1wacspzi]
Wild K: Arc [dice:1wacspzi]50377:1[/dice:1wacspzi] ACE [dice:1wacspzi]50377:3[/dice:1wacspzi]
As he proceeds towards the altar, Libertas pauses, his voice coming from someplace between Lucretia and the altar. "Dammit, I know what that witch did. Lucretia, the spell she cast is not ended, just pushed dormant for a bit. As soon as Jude's counterspell fades, it'll come back. We need to get you down to Diamond Clad--he knows a countermeasure. Until then, your best bet--and ours--is to be kept unconscious, so you can't be forced to do something you'll regret."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 9
+2 Difficulty
Notice [dice:6sbi1uwi]50407:3[/dice:6sbi1uwi]
Wild [dice:6sbi1uwi]50407:4[/dice:6sbi1uwi]
Ace [dice:6sbi1uwi]50407:5[/dice:6sbi1uwi]
K. Battle 13
K. Battle [dice:6sbi1uwi]50407:0[/dice:6sbi1uwi]
EE and Elan [dice:6sbi1uwi]50407:2[/dice:6sbi1uwi]
Wild [dice:6sbi1uwi]50407:1[/dice:6sbi1uwi]
Dweomer/Geist Mountain cave
Night
Round 0

Jude perked up. “What was that?” he asked. “Did you hear that big bang, like metal on stone?” He looked back toward the mouth of the cave where they had entered, though couldn’t see anything.

Then Jude, still invisible, looked after the retreating snake men, who took Geist’s body and the book. He frowned. “Doesn’t that seem too...organized for a rout?” he asked Cantrel..

Jude listened to Bane speak and sighed. “Of course. Why would it be over. And what are we going to do about that?” He indicated the black mass of the alien intelligence on the ceiling. “Anyone know how to kill it?”

Libertas spoke up. “The spell she cast is not ended, just pushed dormant for a bit. As soon as Jude's counterspell fades, it'll come back. We need to get you down to Diamond Clad--he knows a countermeasure. Until then, your best bet--and ours--is to be kept unconscious, so you can't be forced to do something you'll regret."

Jude frowned. “Wouldn’t it be better if we kept her under our control? She’s a better fighter than I am. She could help with those snake men, and whatever other nasties Geist has in here. We would need to get off this mountain somehow, and it’s still poised to drop on the city.

“Bane, are you okay? Can you help? Can you move this mountain somewhere safer?”
Mind Control
I need to know how long Jude’s got Lucretia for. It will effect how long he can maintain control.
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Lucretia paused looking at @Jude Maverick . Her psi-sword completely disappearing. ” Libertas? Jude? Controlling me? I feel like someone has been controling me for far too long. I... I can’t remember everything, just snippets and glimpses. Do you remember when Soldad took control of my mind?” She takes a step towards her friend Jude and her voice breaks with an emotional plea, ” Please Jude I can’t go through that again.”

Bane for his part using the wooden altar to steady himself grunts grabbing his stomach which has a gash where his spleen would be and is covered with a large scorch mark, ” Ok Jude? Hardly... Agghh.” He stumbles a bit barely able to keep his feet. ”We’re in serious trouble here. I can’t control this mountain. But I can assist Libertas, please tell me he is here.”

At the mention of trouble Lucretia’s lips purse with steely determination, ” If the 13th is in trouble, count me in. No one messes with my family.” She chuckles slightly asking both Jude and Cantrell, ” So whose in charge here?”

@Libertas Magicum, nothing seems to halt your advance to the altar. Bane does not seem to notice you but he is wounded and it is little wonder how he is able to keep his feet.

Clining to a stalagtite the near the large opening that looks down at Deweomer, Marcus reveals himself waving his pump pistols in some kind of racially charged manner. He also taps his helmet indicating his comms are down.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

OOC Comments
Construct Detect Arcana Device [dice:1ehmh3xg]50416:0[/dice:1ehmh3xg]
Wild Techno-Wizardry [dice:1ehmh3xg]50416:1[/dice:1ehmh3xg] ACE [dice:1ehmh3xg]50416:4[/dice:1ehmh3xg]
Raise: Device has 22 PPE

Exalted Detect Arcana [dice:1ehmh3xg]50416:2[/dice:1ehmh3xg] ACE [dice:1ehmh3xg]50416:5[/dice:1ehmh3xg]
Wild TW [dice:1ehmh3xg]50416:3[/dice:1ehmh3xg]
Device now has 18 PPE
Libertas drops the invisibility, as he comes next to Bane, reappearing just as suddenly as he left. He also becomes solid once more. "Yeah, I'm here. Sorry, had to be sure the coast was clear before I came back." He looks down at the altar. "So, if you can tell me how to get this mountain to set down safely someplace, that'd be great." Even as he speaks, he's pulling out bits of gear, hooking some wires and a crystal lattice to his goggles. As soon as the jury-rigged magic optic system is complete, he turns it on. "I figure I'll need to monitor the energy flows pretty clearly, yeah?"

...And check to see if you're under the same spell as Lucretia. Gotta be sure your advice is actually going to help, Bane ol' buddy. Lady V's mental voice is dry. Caution, Libertas? How unlike you.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Notice 15, 13 for Danger Sense
Notice [dice:30ai81u0]50473:0[/dice:30ai81u0]
Wild 1 [dice:30ai81u0]50473:1[/dice:30ai81u0]
Wild 2 [dice:30ai81u0]50473:2[/dice:30ai81u0]
Cantrell scans the room as the snake-men retreat, watching for signs of movement from the shadows ... or the dark mass of the alien intelligence above their heads. As Jude and Libertas rush into action, she also keeps a close eye on their former compatriots -- Lucretia, Bane and Markus.

"I guess you could say I'm 'in charge,' at least as far as trying to keep this crew in one piece. Can't say I'm doing the best job of it, but you more than anyone know how that is," she says, when Lucretia asks. "Speaking of which, let me go see about one of our prodigal sons."

Engaging her jet pack, Cantrell flies up to the stalagtite to retrieve Markus, bringing him back down to the others.

"Sorry about the rifle ... things were a bit, delicate, down here, and had to exercise some fire control. You'll get to shoot something later, I can almost promise you. In the meantime, keep an eye on that giant, gloomy cloud of D-bee up there, would you?"

On a tight beam to Libertas, she adds: <<Scan Markus, too. Shit, scan me while you're at it. Illusion has been the name of the game since before we got here, and I want to be sure we know what we're dealing with. Or having already dealt with, or have yet to deal with ... Fuck. I almost got to missnig this timey-wimey bullshit.>>

"Okay Bane. What comes next? You said we've done this before? How do we short-circuit that loop, so we can fuck up Geist's plans once and for all?"
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

@Libertas Magicum Besides the normal enchantments you would think those whom you travel with would exhibit and allies gathered only the altar, Lucretia, and the red glowing alien intelligence exhibt signs of magic. The mountain seems to have some kind of permanent invisibility field cast on it and flight or telekinesis spell as well. No doubt another legendary spell or two Giest had access too.

@Cantrell Marcus nods popping his helm open. He grins his german cocksure grin, ”I waz glad ze get the call. Wez are family and uz humanz must stick to getherz.” His smile broadens when a loud dragon roar comes from down below and the clanking noise from the way you came comes to a loud crescendo.

@Jude Maverick You realize you have seen this kind of retreat in a CS war time manual written by Captian Victoria Telsa. Small well armed force, confronts a larger lesser armed force. Tactical retreat, regroup. Surround on all sides using higher ground using heavy weaponry. Use cover and concealment, waste the target. This tactic was best used to get the enemy away from a priority target. If the enemy was entrentched at the target it had a less than 50% success rate.

RP with Bane
With the group looking to Bane he sort of shrugs and laughs still clutching his stomach trying to keep whats there in. ” Yeah... This is about as far as I have ever seen it... Ughh... Giest always needs Libertas and his dagger. I think the table... The dagger can be shaped into the valient blade. The table can be used as the conduit into the temporal nexus. You can either reset time, or cut temporal ties... The reset is what Giest is after. Sounds like she was planning on crashing this mountain down into... Dweomer letting it be the catalist to her new begging. But we can...” Bane drops to one knee slowly succumbing to his wounds, ” Argghh We can secure our future... End Temporal magic.”
Next big big GM post in a few days probably a fun dramatic task or two, feel free to RP. Let me know if I skipped over anything.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Dweomer/Geist Mountain cave
Night
Round 0

Jude took Lucretia in his arms and gave her a tight hug. It was awkward with armor, but the feeling was conveyed. “I won’t let it happen again,” Jude promised. “We’ll beat this, Luce. I promise.”

Jude looked up at Bane. “Libertas is here,” he said. “Stay there if you’re hurt.” He looked back at Lucretia. “Cantrell is in charge,” he answered her question. Looking up at Marcus, he motioned for the man to come down and join them.

Jude heard the dragon roar and clatter from the entrance again and backed up from Lucretia, looking grave, his mind working.

“Cantrell, have you read Victoria Telsa’s manual on small force tactics?” he asked. “That retreat by the snakemen was too...coordinated. I think we need to watch the high ground and shadows,” he said. “I’d really like to get out of this open room. We need that table? Can we take it with us? Something is happening at the entrance.”
Mission Objectives
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

OOC Comments
Greater Healing [dice:3atb4qzi]50602:0[/dice:3atb4qzi]
Wild TW [dice:3atb4qzi]50602:1[/dice:3atb4qzi]
Assumes he has 3 Wounds to start.
And... Fuck. This. Dice. Roller. :P

1 Wound healed, and Bane has -1 Strain until the nanites are absorbed (takes about a week).
Lib finally really seems to see just how bad of shape Bane is in. He tallies his inner reserve, sighs, and steps forward, raising the staff. The purple-green-black light bathes the D'norr, and closes some of the worst of the bleeding. The mage is far from healed, but he's stopped bleeding out, at least, with silver-flesh covering the spaces where the wounds were the worst. Libertas sighs. "Sorry I couldn't do more off the top--maybe later once we get through this, I can patch you up the rest of the way. And I should warn you, the nanites will interfere slightly with your spellcasting for awhile."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell nods at Jude when he comments on the serpentmen's withdrawal.

"Yeah, I think we're in for an Act 2 sooner than later. And that may or may not involve whatever the hell is making all that damn noise back the way we came," she says. "Jude, see if you can't raise the Morose on your comms and get us a description of what's going on out there."

She frowns when Markus mentions getting "ze call."

"Who called you? We've been out in the wilderness for a bit, and finding ourselves on Geist's mountain was a bit of a surprise for all involved."

Depending on how that conversation goes, and once Bane is patched up, she turns her attention to the table.

"Cutting temporal ties sounds good to me, but I want to be sure we're not playing into Geist's hands here. Assuming we've got the table, and the knife, what else do we need? And how sure are this Valent Blade can't be misused once we've got it?"
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:

Return to “13th SET Adventure Forum”