00 Looking for Work? (new players)

Ndreare
Savage Siri

00 Looking for Work? (new players)

Post by Ndreare »

Looking for Work?

That is right, even the most impressive warriors in the three galaxies find themselves looking for work now and then. It is time to make some calls and see if any opportunities are out there.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Fiona Gladbrooke

Re: Looking for Work?

Post by Fiona Gladbrooke »

While Center never failed to provide entertaining adventures for her Fiona could tell it was time to go when she started noticing tails on her. Hastert's boys no doubt. Oh well, time to see if my dear friend Ramson has need of my skills. After hiring a porter to help with her things the changeling places a call to the Remorseless. "Is this the Remorseless? A pleasure to meet you HAL. My name is Fiona Gladbrooke and I would like to speak with your captain please. Yes I'll hold dear." Preping the last of her gear as she does so.

Hal notifies @Ramson Gourdaine of an incomming comm call from one Fiona Gladbrooke.
Fiona Quick stats
[https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=209&t=4214]Fiona Gladbrooke[/url]
Pace: 6; Parry: 6/8 Toughness: 10 base, 24 (11) in full kit
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: XX/XX
Bennies: 3/3
Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Skanni

Post by Skanni »

Kharis sits in front of the video monitor, thinking. It’s going to take me a month to get the taste of that last one out of my mouth. He looks down at his still-stained uniform. And out of my clothes.

He rolls his choices around in his head (which isn’t particularly hard, given how few of them he has) and ticks them off. I could do another open ad. That worked fine the first time. He glances around. But not so well this time.

I could call Sa. He mulls on that one for a moment. He’d liked Sa and had felt an easy kinship with the big Seljuk. But given that they were both warriors, well, Kharis had assumed there wouldn’t be that many crews who would want both a Seljuk mercenary and a Helka Ohtar on board. Well, no harm in asking.

Before activating the vid call, he turns his attention back to his surroundings. He crouches down to one of the surviving members of his now former crew and slaps the man awake.

The mercenary, a human cyborg, comes to with a start, immediately bringing his weaponized left arm to bear… or at least, he immediately tries to bring his arm around, only to find it missing.

Kharis holds up the dismembered cybernetic arm for the man to see, and then he places the tip of his knife on the man’s throat. “Welcome back, Kal.”

The two of them, Kharis and Kal, are surrounded by three other bodies. One of those is clearly dead, it’s head missing. The other two, Kharis knows, are alive, but they are also partially encased in ice. And, of course, Kal doesn’t know that.

Kharis continues, almost jovially, “in the future, if you contract for the services of one of the Helka Ohtar, please keep in mind that we find it to be incredibly bad form to attempt to renegotiate the terms of our employment after the job is finished. Your boss learned that the hard way.” Kharis gestures to the corpse.

“So I’ll be taking my agreed upon share and going my way. Obviously, we’re done working together, and if any of you want to continue in this line of employ, I’d recommend not draw your weapons on one of your own crewmates again, even if your boss does tell you to. It’s bad for your reputation.”

With that, Kharis gives Kal, who is too stunned to get a word in edgewise, an almost affectionate pat on the shoulder. “Be seeing you, Kal.”

Kharis stands up, shoulders his pack, and hops into one of the vessel’s handful of pods, punching in a set of now familiar coordinates. As he detaches from the main ship, he pockets a copy of the ship’s security footage, just in case he needs it later, and activates a call.

“Hey, Sa, you there?”
@Sa’Maku
Skanni, Half-Elf Psionicist
Parry: 5; Toughness: 8 (2); Notes: Outsider, Heroic, PTSD, Brave
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
Axel Krowe

Post by Axel Krowe »

The stench was horrible. The ship's environmental systems couldn't work fast enough to take the moist, linger, fog, from the hallways surrounding the heads. For Sak.aku, who's sense of smell developed from millenia of predators, the smell was particularly nauseous. Holding his breath the big Seljuk made it to his quarters and sealed the door.

Taking a deep breath of clean air he scowled, The Splugorth cursed Power Dump with many horrible things, but waste disposal is the worst. Sa'Maku briefly debates his conclusion as visions of the chest thing come to mind. At least he can cover that up.

His musings were mercifully interrupted by the comms terminal on his desk. Seeing a communication from Kharis made him grin - a vicious and frightening sight with rows of sharp teeth.

"Greetings Kharis, I am here and stuck in my quarters for a moment. Your are a welcome reprieve."
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Skanni

Post by Skanni »

Sa’Maku wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:35 am
His musings were mercifully interrupted by the comms terminal on his desk. Seeing a communication from Kharis made him grin - a vicious and frightening sight with rows of sharp teeth.

"Greetings Kharis, I am here and stuck in my quarters for a moment. Your are a welcome reprieve."
Seeing his friend, Kharis grins back. ”As are you. I find myself between jobs at the moment. My last employer turned out to be less than reputable, and I’m currently speeding back to Central with idle hands. What are the chances you’ve heard of any decent job openings? I’ll even work on commission, if something good is available.”
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
Axel Krowe

Post by Axel Krowe »

"Mercenary work pays well, but can be without honor. Our crew is made of many misfits but I have come to an understanding with them and our goals are aligned for the moment," Sa'Maku considers the need to keep their focus on the Pursuit and not deviate too far from their common mission,

"We have a job at the moment that may benefit from an unfamiliar face amidst our crew. We are about to depart Centre so meet me near our docking area and I will recommend you to our Captain."

Sa'Maku forwards the location of a pub nearest their berth and looks to find Ransomme.
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Skanni

Post by Skanni »

Sa’Maku wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:24 am "Mercenary work pays well, but can be without honor. Our crew is made of many misfits but I have come to an understanding with them and our goals are aligned for the moment," Sa'Maku considers the need to keep their focus on the Pursuit and not deviate too far from their common mission,

"We have a job at the moment that may benefit from an unfamiliar face amidst our crew. We are about to depart Centre so meet me near our docking area and I will recommend you to our Captain."

Sa'Maku forwards the location of a pub nearest their berth and looks to find Ransomme.
"Copy that, Sa. I'll be seeing you soon." Kharis acknowledges his friend's instructions and adjusts the coordinates to match.

That wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement, but beggers and choosers. And if Sa can get along with them, how bad could they be?
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
Power Dump

Post by Power Dump »

Fiona Gladbrooke wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:23 am While Center never failed to provide entertaining adventures for her Fiona could tell it was time to go when she started noticing tails on her. Hastert's boys no doubt. Oh well, time to see if my dear friend Ramson has need of my skills. After hiring a porter to help with her things the changeling places a call to the Remorseless. "Is this the Remorseless? A pleasure to meet you HAL. My name is Fiona Gladbrooke and I would like to speak with your captain please. Yes I'll hold dear." Preping the last of her gear as she does so.

Hal notifies @Ramson Gourdaine of an incomming comm call from one Fiona Gladbrooke.
Power Dump looks at the comms channel to the right of the steering controls at the pilot station. It reads as a private call for Captain Ramson. The souless bio borg mutters a curse and adjusts his black and pink lettered Tittysprinkles beater shirt making sure it covers his nipples. Call for the captain? Fuck that naked simvan. Power Dump shoved a mouthful of space wasp into his mouth and chest clicking on the comm channel.
” Mm...Mmm... Who is this and what do you know of the Code?”. He tried to be pleasant but his lack of manners and grace made him soumd like a cross between a warthog in heat and the shrill barking bats of Rigel II.
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Edges of Note: Brave, Elan, Ace
Skills of Note: Fighting d12, Piloting d12+3, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Smite d10
Combat Edges:
  • Killer Instinct, Improved Level Headed, Combat Ace, Quick Draw
Combat Abilities:
  • Danger Sense Super Power
  • 2 Extra Actions (Third Arm, and Fast Reflexes)
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Powers: PPE 25/20
Active: d12 spirit(1round), exalted detect arcana(2 rounds)
Self: Intangibility( 6 PEE, Stealth increase) Smite (2, Resurrection Dispel)
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Jacket: Q4 Talisman creation( arcane machinist)
  • Boost/Lower “Quantum Box Talisman” 10/2 PPE
  • Invisibility “ Vanishing Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • detect/conceal “Arcane Talisman” 15/13 PPE
  • Eviormental Protection “Adaptive Climate Control Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • Bolt, “God Gun” 15/11 PPE
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
+1 benny for catching Hiesh
-1 Agility catch the slip
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign
Axel Krowe

Post by Axel Krowe »

Izakaya Pub
With a new recruit on the hook Sa'Maku hooked up with Ransom, who also had an old contact looking for work. A couple of fresh faces might help pull one over on the crew of the Sovereign.

Sa'Maku selected the Izakaya because it was run by an old Oni. The Oni people had a reputation for velour and honor that appealed to the Seljuk. The place was done up in Oni (oriental) decor with fancy calligraphy, flowing fountains, and small tables. They also served raw food, which appeals to Sa'Maku's pallette.

Sitting a comically small table, Sa waits for the new recruits and Ransom to arrive. When they do he offers the obligatory interview question, "What do you bring to the table that makes you worth sharing our money with?"
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Fiona Gladbrooke

Power Dump wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:57 pm
Fiona Gladbrooke wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:23 am While Center never failed to provide entertaining adventures for her Fiona could tell it was time to go when she started noticing tails on her. Hastert's boys no doubt. Oh well, time to see if my dear friend Ramson has need of my skills. After hiring a porter to help with her things the changeling places a call to the Remorseless. "Is this the Remorseless? A pleasure to meet you HAL. My name is Fiona Gladbrooke and I would like to speak with your captain please. Yes I'll hold dear." Preping the last of her gear as she does so.

Power Dump looks at the comms channel to the right of the steering controls at the pilot station. It reads as a private call for Captain Ramson. The souless bio borg mutters a curse and adjusts his black and pink lettered Tittysprinkles beater shirt making sure it covers his nipples. Call for the captain? Fuck that naked simvan. Power Dump shoved a mouthful of space wasp into his mouth and chest clicking on the comm channel.
” Mm...Mmm... Who is this and what do you know of the Code?”. He tried to be pleasant but his lack of manners and grace made him soumd like a cross between a warthog in heat and the shrill barking bats of Rigel II.
She's only briefly startled by the strange voice that picks up the line. Her reply is warm and friendly, "My name is Fiona Gladbrooke, and I am a friend of the Captains, calling to inquire after vacancies on his crew. As to your question, the universe is a busy place with many codes dear. You will have to be more specific."
Fiona Quick stats
Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Power Dump

Post by Power Dump »

Power Dump scrunches up his nose as he shoves another handful of space wasp into his mouth. Bits of wasp legs and thoraxes slip out only to be devoured by his chest amalgate. Captain’s friend? Fucks sake. The gunbrother, typically found in the employ of the splugorth mutters over the open comm, ”You sound pretty. I hope you don’t wear clothes. Some days the captain just prances arround in a loin cloth... Something else would be a welcomed sight.”

He holds forth the tattered screen play of Dragonheart so the view finder picks up the front cover of a dragon breathing fire. ” This... The old code. The first code. What do you know of it?”
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Combat Edges:
Combat Abilities:
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
+1 benny for catching Hiesh
-1 Agility catch the slip
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign
Fiona Gladbrooke

Power Dump wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:18 pm Power Dump scrunches up his nose as he shoves another handful of space wasp into his mouth. Bits of wasp legs and thoraxes slip out only to be devoured by his chest amalgate. Captain’s friend? Fucks sake. The gunbrother, typically found in the employ of the splugorth mutters over the open comm, ”You sound pretty. I hope you don’t wear clothes. Some days the captain just prances arround in a loin cloth... Something else would be a welcomed sight.”

He holds forth the tattered screen play of Dragonheart so the view finder picks up the front cover of a dragon breathing fire. ” This... The old code. The first code. What do you know of it?”
Her laughter is sweet and clear like a summer rain, "I usually am pretty and, sorry to disappoint, but I also usually wear clothes. Not that I'm shy just they're terribly useful, what with pockets and armored reinforcement." Looking over his book she is stumped not being well versed in ancient warrior codes. "I'm sorry but I am not familiar with your Code, Mr.?...." Her tone conveys respect despite ignorance
Fiona Quick stats
Edit Signature
Ramson Gourdaine

Post by Ramson Gourdaine »

At this point, Ramson's voice comes on the line. "Yo, Power Dump, maybe you could let me answer my own calls? Fiona's good people, reliable in a situation--and she just might have the skillset we need for this current job. So yes, Fiona, we've got a job for you. Don't mind Peedee, he just really likes to share his love of ancient earth texts. Or text, in this case, don't think I've ever seen him read anything else, offhand. Anywho, if you can handle a bit of strangeness, come aboard and we'll fill you in on what the job is. Best not to be discussed on an open channel. Transmitting the boarding code now." Doing so, Ramson signs off, getting dressed.

Man, Fiona Gladbrooke. Ain't seen her since we the last two survivors on the Kordak IV safari. Smart lady. Dangerous, but smart. Good times....
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Simvan Rogue Scholar, Seasoned
Agility d6, Smarts d8-1, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0/-4; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (10); Strain: 0
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Shooting d4; Intimidate d8+2; Taunt d8+2; Piloting d6; Persuasion d4
Knowledges: Astrogation d8; Battle d8+2; Politics d8; Science d8+2
Hindrances: Monologuer, Stubborn, Loyal, Bloodthirsty
Edges: Beast Master/Sidekick; Major/Master Psionics;
Investigator; Strong-Willed; Scholar (Battle/Science);
Command; Tactician; Team Leader; Connections (UWW & TGE)
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight
"Scythe" (TW Hoverboard): Acc/TS: 5/20, Piloting +2, +5 PPE
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 4/3
Golden Benny: 1/1

Fiona Gladbrooke

As she's heading to the remorseless Fiona gets a message about an interview. I suppose I can't blame his crew for wanting to know who being brought into the fold On arriving at the dessignated location she sends the goffer ahead to the ship with her things fully confident that she will be following shortly.
Sa’Maku wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:01 pm Izakaya Pub
With a new recruit on the hook Sa'Maku hooked up with Ransom, who also had an old contact looking for work. A couple of fresh faces might help pull one over on the crew of the Sovereign.

Sa'Maku selected the Izakaya because it was run by an old Oni. The Oni people had a reputation for velour and honor that appealed to the Seljuk. The place was done up in Oni (oriental) decor with fancy calligraphy, flowing fountains, and small tables. They also served raw food, which appeals to Sa'Maku's pallette.

Sitting a comically small table, Sa waits for the new recruits and Ransom to arrive. When they do he offers the obligatory interview question, "What do you bring to the table that makes you worth sharing our money with?"
The question is greeted with a smile that says it was not only expected, but welcome, and aren't you clever for asking it. "Well, Sa'Maku was it?" Her inflection is flawless Seljuk "I am marvelously skilled at convincing people to do what I want and tell me what I need to know. I speak literally thousands of languages and know dozens of cultures well enough to infiltrate them seamlessly. This is aided by my peoples natural abilities." Her form shifts, first to a that of a female Seljuk (including size), then to a male dwarf, then back to herself. "If persuasion fails.." "I can take the information telepathically from the target" She smiles sweetly after the telepathic finish to the sentence, then continues. "I am also more than passable at stealth infiltration and hacking."
Fiona Quick stats
Edit Signature
Skanni

Post by Skanni »

Sa’Maku wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:01 pm
Waiting for @Fiona Gladbrooke's (rather impressive) display to be finished. Kharis shifts in his chair and says, "I am Helka Ohtar, Sa. You need further reason?"

Aloof
He is Aloof as a racial feature (which plays kind of like the Stubborn Hindrance) wherein they are aloof and self-assured. This would be a perfectly reasonable response from his point of view.
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
Power Dump

Post by Power Dump »

Somewhere outside the Pub as the interview starts.
Power Dump looks at the pub oft in the distance. He grins at Miss Otter and points to the too used bright yellow micro buss(hover edition) with the top chopped and flames painted on the side. He adjusts his white with pink lettering titty sprinkle beater so it stops chafing his nips and chest amalgate. Even though he was soulless he liked to laugh with the same pitch and cadence as anyone.
” Well Miss Otter what do you say we lift our ride and soar over the pub dropping in with our special brand of hello?”

He frowns double checking to see if the vehicle was already stolen because once they jumped out it would explode in spectacular fashion. Yup already Hotwired. He stole a horse it died, it’s honorable to resteal a vehicle and explode it.”
@Death Otter
OOC Comments
Combat Edges:
Combat Abilities:
Weapon of Note
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance