Big Sky Country: Conversations with Delta/Sales in Safeway

"I will show you fear in a handful of dust" T.S. Eliot
Tribe of One

Big Sky Country: Conversations with Delta/Sales in Safeway

Post by Tribe of One »

”I can’t get over the feeling that if I let go, I might just start drifting up and never stop.”

Delta smiles sheepishly as she makes the confession, one hand tightly gripping a rail on the Sky Siren. She makes a show of glancing under the hover vehicle, which idles a few feet off the ground.

”Not like this thing is even connected ... Old habits, I guess. Upstairs, if you’re out on the float and let go, you better have a good friend with a thruster pack nearby, or that’s it. Eternal floating popsicle.”

She smiles again, almost a sneer but good-natured.

”Funny the sorts of things that stuck around up there. Popsicles, for one, although I guess with water and refrigerants it’s a no-brainer. Sugar’s not hard to get, either, and they’d use juice from various hydro plants for color. Then you have other things you just can’t get anymore. Chicharonnes, I mean we have something that uses the name, but they’re not like old ‘pork rinds.’ Nobody’s grown a pig upstairs for anything besides insulin since, well, ever. Just use cheap grown protein, and it’s not like anyone can tell the difference. Nothing to compare.”

”Guess there’s plenty like that down here, too, where you remember the name of a thing but not what it signifies, eh?”

Here’s an RP thread for anyone wanting to boost post count before the end of the quad. Fee free to banter with each other and Delta, and I’ll try to respond as needed to help keep the dialogue going.
GM Bennies: 7/7
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Big Sky Country: Conversations with Delta

Post by Kim Black »

Kim put her hands on Delta’s shoulders and smiled at the woman. “You are in for a treat then,” the teen said. “Some of the traders brought in real food -- real pork. The Marronites don’t need it, but plenty people coming through do. I’m going to fry you up a delicious breaded pork sandwich,” she told the space woman. “I’ve never had pork rinds, though. I also saw the had some cases of Chi-Cola, so yum! The citrus is my favorite. It’s loaded with caffeine. I’ve spent so many nights up with Chi-Cola Citrus and a hot sandwich pocket while working on projects. And don’t forget the crunchy cheesy puffs.”
Character Tracking
Kim Black Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7)
PPE: 14/20
Bennies: 2/3
Arcane Machinist (5/6): armor, barrier, blast, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, burrow, burst, clairvoyance, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, detect/conceal arcana, dispel, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fly, havoc, healing, intangibility, invisibility, light/obscure, pummel, quickness, slumber, smite, speak language, speed, stun, succor, telekinesis, teleport, wall walker, warrior’s gift.
Ace: May make Soak rolls for vehicles at -2

Backpack of Shooting Stars
  • 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
Device: Boost Trait (Shooting)
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards
  • Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un-Shaken now as well.
  • Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.

Equipment
This should be about at her load limit of 30 lb.
  • Backpack of Shooting Stars
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • Multitool: +1 Repair
  • UEMC

Vehicles
Northern Gun Sky Siren (Mountaineer w/ hover)(TW)
Ostensibly designed as a civilian vehicle, the NG Sky Siren is a rugged, but agile, hover transport with plenty of room for combat upgrades. The nuclear engine provides near limitless range, while the powerful hoverjets give it a max altitude of about 20 feet, although it is capable of handling drops of up to 100 feet.
  • Light Missile Launcher (turret)
    • Damage: 5d6 MBT MD AP 13 (anti-vehicle missiles)
    • Range: 150/300/600
    • Shots: 8
      • 1 reload of 8 shots (anti-vehicle)
    • Reload: 3000/missile/total=24k credits
  • Light Rail Gun (forward mounted)
    • Damage: 2d10+4, ROF 3, AP 10
    • Range: 100/200/400
    • Shots: 45
    • Reload: 10,000 credits
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Remaining Mods: 1
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • TW Minor Mods: +2 Piloting
  • TW Major Mods: +4 die types to Piloting
  • Cantrip: Purple flame light on the front grill
Desert Fox Hovercycle (stats of NG-150): Combining solar cells and a powerful electric engine, the Desert Fox has a range of 600 miles and a max ceiling of 20 feet, before it needs a night’s recharge. (153,000 credits)
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • Damage: 3d10
    • Range: 24/48/96
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Notes: Exposed Crew, Handling 3, Hover
Police Hovercycle (Speedster hovercycle)
  • Mini Rail Gun
    • Damage: 2d8+4, ROF 4, AP6
    • Range: 75/150/300
    • Shots: 32
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • ACC/TS: 15/80
  • Size 2
  • Crew: 1
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
Big Boss ATV (space girl has it currently)
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
  • Notes: All-Terrain, M.D.C. Armor
Mission Loot
494,000 credits in salvage/misc gear and cyberwear
A pair of pearl-handled TX-26 Particle Beam Pistols previously owned by Dutch (Range 10/20/40, Damage 2d8+3, RoF 1, AP 2, Semiauto)
A pair of Infernal Sixguns made of smoking black iron, previously "owned" by Hex (Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d8, RoF 1, AP 4, +2d Shooting, gain Vow: Serve the Devil).
A TW shard pistol (Range 15/30/60, Damage 2d8+1, RoF 3, AP 1, 3RB, lower trait (Vigor) activated by Shooting)
A vehicular Light Rail Gun salvaged from Oso's otherwise-scrapped power armor (Range 100/200/400, Damage 2d10+4, RoF 3, AP 10, Mega Damage)
Bandit IP-44 Super Ion Pistols (as NG-59, Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d6, RoF 1, plus single-shot grenade launcher loaded with plasma, Range 12/24/48, Damage 3d10, ignores all but sealed armor, SBT), ammo belt includes 6 spare plasma grenades
5 Plasma grenades
4 High Explosive grenades
4 Armor Piercing grenades
4 Frag grenades
Seswarick
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Seswarick »

"What incredible efforts it must take to build in the sky without the aid of magic. Apart from the wonder of it was there a purpose for these space stations?" After a moments pause, "Well I suppose I see the military strength of that position as well. It is both easier to defend and attack from the high ground, hence the kill sats But I am hopeful that war was not the only reason for these advances. Not that having kill sats would be a bad thing were the Coaltion to mobilize again"
Active Effects:
  • Time Twister belt:(when activated) -2 to ranged attacks against wearer, +2 to wearers parry, 4x pace
    Stormheart: +4 to armor of Electric Aura power, +2 die type to vigor, and gain Dodge edge when active. Cost 2 ISP/hr
Exalted deflection -6 to be hit
[/list]
Seswarick
Seswarick
Pace: 4/12 flying, 16/48 w belt; Parry: 5/7 w belt Toughness: 5 regular 11(6) w aura 17(10) w aura & Stormheart
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities:
    Elan: When you spend a Benny on a Trait roll (including Soak rolls), add +2 to the final total.
    Time Twister belt:(when activated) -2 to ranged attacks against wearer, +2 to wearers parry, 4x pace
    Stormheart: +4 to armor of Electric Aura power, +2 die type to vigor, and gain Dodge edge when active. Cost 2 ISP/hr
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 11/40
Bennies: 0/3
Adventure Cards
  • #: Card - Effect
    10 Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Edit Signature

Characters Seswarick (Main Acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Madok The Restless
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

"Dominance. That's what drove humans to settle in orbit. Otherwise it's a nice place to visit, but a shitty place to live," Delta says, her face once again taking on what seems to be a natural grim expression. "Curiosity and wonder might have spurred the first steps into space, but the race that followed was all about one-upping the competition. Militarily, economically ... communications, research and development. Everything that's up there was for resource acquisition or protection. Lucky for us, it was shelter against the apocalypse, too.

"It forces a sort of pragmatism, up there, how hard it can be. It sounds like your Tomorrow Legion has managed to hold on to some of the old ethics of charity. That's something you should be proud of ... cherish. It's a rare and valuable thing."
Orrin Truthseeker
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Orrin Truthseeker »

Delta[b wrote:]”Funny the sorts of things that stuck around up there. Popsicles, for one, although I guess with water and refrigerants it’s a no-brainer. Sugar’s not hard to get, either, and they’d use juice from various hydro plants for color. Then you have other things you just can’t get anymore. Chicharonnes, I mean we have something that uses the name, but they’re not like old ‘pork rinds.’ Nobody’s grown a pig upstairs for anything besides insulin since, well, ever. Just use cheap grown protein, and it’s not like anyone can tell the difference. Nothing to compare.”
”Guess there’s plenty like that down here, too, where you remember the name of a thing but not what it signifies, eh?”[/b]
Orrin sneezes right at the end of Delta's reflection.

"Bless you" she says automatically, without even looking over at Orrin.

"You know," Orrin starts, with a tone of voice the rest of the legionnaires have learned signifies they should prepare to tune out some useless fact. "that's a great example of something we do but have no explanation for. 'Bless you' is such a strange thing to say when someone sneezes isn't it?" Orrin's eyes lose focus as he continues is lecture, which is usually convenient, as it lets people easily hide that they aren't listening. Thousands of years before the rifts came, there was a plague that wiped out a larger percentage of earths population than anything before the Rifts. In order to 'combat' the plague, a religious leader of time decreed that anyone who sneezed, which was symptomatic of the plague, be immediately blessed. Hence why we say 'bless you.' " Orrin's focus to the group returns and he notices that only Delta is listening.

"So yeah...You all say 'bless you' because some guy dead more than 2,000 years ago tells you too..."
Kim Black wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:59 am I’m going to fry you up a delicious breaded pork sandwich
Orrin tries to surpress it, but a small laugh escapes at Kim's comment.

"One essential piece of advice for you Delta. If Kim cooks it, don't eat it." He smiles good naturedly at Kim. "Luckily, she is infinitely better with motor oils than the cooking variety."
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; PPE: 15/35; Staff PPE: 10/10; Armor PPE: 10/10

Parry: 4+1
Pace: 5+2
Toughness: 16 (6)
Active Effects Staff:, Spellcasting +1, Parry +1; Armor: Spellcasting +1, Kn Arc +2;

Notable Edges: LL Rejuvination; Common Bond; Wizard; Marksman; Metal Skin; Elan; Investigator (armor)
Powers: Beast Friend; Waking Dream (Illusion); Fireball (Bolt); Chakra Surge/Syphon (Boost/Lower Trait); Nature’s Gift (Warrior’s Gift); Mystical Sight (Detect Arcana); Arcane Severance (Dispel); Shadow Guard (Deflection); Adrenaline (Quickness); Armor

Bennies: 1/3
-1 Bennie - advancing through the train
-1 Bennie to unshake after backlash
-1 Bennie gifted to Blurr through common bond
+3 from Stella
+1 Jack Joker
+1 Tito Joker
-2 try to free the kids
-1 Reroll puppet resist
-1 reroll puppet breakout

Aventure Cards:
Inspiration: Friendly characters (including yourhero) add +2 to all trait rolls for therest of this round.

Spill the Beans:
The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.

Power Surge: Immediately recover all spent Power Points.

Update Signature
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Jack 'Bullet' Jones »

Jack tsks at Orrin. "Shucks. Kim's a mighty fine cook! Don't you dare listen ta Orrin's bluster, ma'am." He tips his hat to Delta. "He's just tryin' ta hog more a' her cookin' than his share." He takes a swig out of his canteen. "Ah ain't never picked up the gift fer cookin'. My mama'd have a fit if someone else got in her kitchen. Ah'm glad someone here can work some magic with a skillet an' ain't one a' them Simvan. Can't even trust the side plate outta them."
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 5
Toughness: 14 (6)
ISP: 38 / 50
Active Powers: Greater Boost Trait - Shooting (+2 die types); Greater Smite (PHC, silver, raise); Greater Deflection (raise, -6 to hit)
Pace: 6
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick, Elan
Armor: TW Lucky Devil's Duster
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
  • Armor, Quickness, Invisibility powers
Weapon(s) in holster:
Right hand: PHC
Left hand: Hellfire Hand Cannon
Telekinesis: inactive
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

“Hey, I’m not a bad cook!” Kim protested to Orrin. “I cooked for my dad all the time. That one time was just some bad mushrooms, and I’m not the one who picked them!” she scolded. “You didn’t complain about the dancing pink elephants at the time.”

Kim looked confused as to how to feel about Jack’s praise, smiling and then looking away, kicking at a patch of the dusty ground. She still hurt over his rejection, and was a bit embarrassed about her offer now. It seemed like such a...childish thing to do. She gave a sigh. She had never thought she’d rather be stuck in the middle of a fight between Widow O’Brien and Stella about her debutante ball back in Black Mesa than have to deal with these feelings.
Character Tracking
Arcane Machinist (5/6): armor, barrier, blast, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, burrow, burst, clairvoyance, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, detect/conceal arcana, dispel, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fly, havoc, healing, intangibility, invisibility, light/obscure, pummel, quickness, slumber, smite, speak language, speed, stun, succor, telekinesis, teleport, wall walker, warrior’s gift.

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards
  • Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un-Shaken now as well.
  • Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
Ostensibly designed as a civilian vehicle, the NG Sky Siren is a rugged, but agile, hover transport with plenty of room for combat upgrades. The nuclear engine provides near limitless range, while the powerful hoverjets give it a max altitude of about 20 feet, although it is capable of handling drops of up to 100 feet.
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
Desert Fox Hovercycle (stats of NG-150): Combining solar cells and a powerful electric engine, the Desert Fox has a range of 600 miles and a max ceiling of 20 feet, before it needs a night’s recharge. (153,000 credits)
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
A pair of pearl-handled TX-26 Particle Beam Pistols previously owned by Dutch (Range 10/20/40, Damage 2d8+3, RoF 1, AP 2, Semiauto)
A pair of Infernal Sixguns made of smoking black iron, previously "owned" by Hex (Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d8, RoF 1, AP 4, +2d Shooting, gain Vow: Serve the Devil).
A TW shard pistol (Range 15/30/60, Damage 2d8+1, RoF 3, AP 1, 3RB, lower trait (Vigor) activated by Shooting)
A vehicular Light Rail Gun salvaged from Oso's otherwise-scrapped power armor (Range 100/200/400, Damage 2d10+4, RoF 3, AP 10, Mega Damage)
Bandit IP-44 Super Ion Pistols (as NG-59, Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d6, RoF 1, plus single-shot grenade launcher loaded with plasma, Range 12/24/48, Damage 3d10, ignores all but sealed armor, SBT), ammo belt includes 6 spare plasma grenades
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Delta smiles at the back-and-forth about Kim's cooking.

"Sadly, culinary variety often goes by the wayside in orbit -- there's only so many ways to prepare mushrooms, rice and vat-protein. Some of the noodle shops on Yuro do some interesting things with spices, although not all of the salts they use for seasoning are meant for human consumption ..."
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Jack stares blankly at Delta. "Ah know ah ain't seen everything, but...vat protein? Ain't from a cow? My Paw'd have a fit if he heard a' such a thing." He shakes his head. "Paw was a hard man, but his face'd light right up over a real good steak. Mama knew just how he liked his fired." A smile crosses the gambler's face. "Ma'am, ah believe ah'm gonna find you a good steak. Real cow. Not even that rhino-buffalo stuff, though ah reckon Paw wouldn't sneeze at it."
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
Active Powers: Greater Boost Trait - Shooting (+2 die types); Greater Smite (PHC, silver, raise); Greater Deflection (raise, -6 to hit)
Pertinent Edges: Master Psionic, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Strong Willed, Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, Quick, Elan
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
Weapon(s) in holster:
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Kim pulled a face. “I’ve eaten some bad rations in my time,” she said. “Or other things. When we were leaving Tolkein, we ate whatever we could find or hunt. But vat protein...yeah, that doesn’t sound any good. We definitely need to fatten you up with some good food.” Kim grinned at Delta, poking her in her anorexic ribs. Living in space didn’t sound fun at all!
Character Tracking

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

Blurre has been listening for awhile, now, and takes an opportunity to cut in. "Miss Delta, I was wondering... Could the various space-dwellers not try to disable a handful of the... 'killsats', I believe you called them? To create a permanent hole through which they could descend? Or are there active factions up there seeking to keep us isolated? And if so--why do those factions not attempt to do something about the Spulgorth, who use Rifts to simply transition between worlds? It seems to be a rather gaping hole in an intended quarantine."
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight
Agility d10, Smarts d6-1, Spirit d12+1 (+3), Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Psionics d6; Fighting d12; Shooting d6; Streetwise d6+2; Intimidate d6+2; Taunt d6+2; Notice d4; Survival d4+2; Persuasion d4; Investigation d4; Common Knowledge d6-1
Charisma: +2; Pace: 14/d12+1;
Shield: Parry: 11 (-2 to be hit by tech); Toughness: 14 (4) melee, 18 (8) range; +2 vs. Evil
No Shield: Parry: 9 (-2 to be hit by tech); Toughness: 14 (4); +2 vs. Evil
Hindrances: Overconfident, Vow, Code of Honor, All Thumbs, Poverty
Notice d4, Common Knowledge d6+1, Intimidation d6+2, Persuasion d4+2, Taunt d6+2
Edges: Elan, Champion, Charge/Overrun, Ambidextrous/Two-Fisted, Common Bond, Well-Traveled (+2 CK rolls for people/geography in NorthAmerica); Master Psi-Sword
Powers: Speed, Deflection, Quickness, Wall-Walker

Bennies: 4/5
ISP: 19/20 (To recharge, must let armor go uncharged for an hour)

[list]Q2/19 Adventure cards:
Contact - Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Arcane Inspiration - When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.[/list]
Seswarick
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Seswarick »

Sir Blurre wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:53 am Blurre has been listening for awhile, now, and takes an opportunity to cut in. "Miss Delta, I was wondering... Could the various space-dwellers not try to disable a handful of the... 'killsats', I believe you called them? To create a permanent hole through which they could descend? Or are there active factions up there seeking to keep us isolated? And if so--why do those factions not attempt to do something about the Spulgorth, who use Rifts to simply transition between worlds? It seems to be a rather gaping hole in an intended quarantine."
Something about all this space talk had been troubling the skyborn since he learned of it. A niggling worry he could not quite put into words. The cyberknight's questions are just the spark need for them to coalesce. "But Sir Blurre, would we want them to make such a hole? I can see the benefit to those above inclined to open relations with us on earth. But who down here is best in the position to answer? I fear the Coalition would soon be in contact with those above of a like mind, and they are far more capable of taking advantage of any opening in the kill sat system. Were they to gain access to the ultimate high ground it would not bode well." He shrugs his upper shoulders, "Perhaps I miss judge, my knowledge of both the CS and these space farers is limited."
Active Effects:
  • Time Twister belt:(when activated) -2 to ranged attacks against wearer, +2 to wearers parry, 4x pace
[/list]
Seswarick
Seswarick
Pace: 4/12 flying, 16/48 w belt; Parry: 5/7 w belt Toughness: 5 regular 11(6) w aura 17(10) w aura & Stormheart
  • List of Abilities:
    Elan: When you spend a Benny on a Trait roll (including Soak rolls), add +2 to the final total.
    Time Twister belt:(when activated) -2 to ranged attacks against wearer, +2 to wearers parry, 4x pace
Adventure Cards
    10 Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Edit Signature

Characters Seswarick (Main Acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Madok The Restless
Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

Sir Blurre nods to Seswarick. "Valid concerns. I was not suggesting that such a scenario would be good or bad from our point of view--merely attempting to ascertain the possibilities. If the current situation is such that there is no chance of a hole being opened, then that is fine (although, again, I wonder about the Spulgorth and other invaders). But if the quarantine can be breached, then I suspect it is more a matter of 'when'--in which case, the Legion would be wise to prepare, or perhaps even initiate contact first."
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight
Skills: Psionics d6; Fighting d12; Shooting d6; Streetwise d6+2; Intimidate d6+2; Taunt d6+2; Notice d4; Survival d4+2; Persuasion d4; Investigation d4; Common Knowledge d6-1
Shield: Parry: 11 (-2 to be hit by tech); Toughness: 14 (4) melee, 18 (8) range; +2 vs. Evil
Notice d4, Common Knowledge d6+1, Intimidation d6+2, Persuasion d4+2, Taunt d6+2
Edges: Elan, Champion, Charge/Overrun, Ambidextrous/Two-Fisted, Common Bond, Well-Traveled (+2 CK rolls for people/geography in NorthAmerica); Master Psi-Sword

Contact - Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Arcane Inspiration - When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Inspiration - Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round.[/list]
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

“Wait,” Kim said. “Who put those killsats up there anyway?” the teen asked. “Who is trying to quarantine us? And why? What’s the point? It isn’t like we have any way to get up there. And where would we even go? I mean, it doesn’t really sound like there’s much up there anyway.”
Character Tracking

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

"Ever heard the phrase, 'mutually-assured destruction?' It's like that up top, where everything's so fragile even a little war could take out half the stations directly and the rest indirectly when orbit becomes a minefield of space debris. Most of the oldest stations share at least partial control of the satellites -- although there are some old killsats nobody controls, they're just shooting things down because that's the last command they got from some long-forgotten Golden Age nation-state," Delta says.

"Anyway, the old guard have all agreed to keep the quarantine, mostly out of fear of disrupting the status quo, but also out of fear of what they've seen of the ground or heard from the handful of travelers who come in via non-traditional means. There are factions, mostly on Outcast Station, who advocate for a change, but no one with the power to actually do anything. That's part of the reason NORAD is so exciting ... with the right codes, we could circumvent the stations and open up a channel."
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Jack's eyes narrow, an expression of worry not often seen on the gambler's face. "Them there killsats or whatchacallit. They, uh...they got range ta drill targets down here? Ah know it's a long way down, but ah reckon if'n the CS got a hold of 'em, they might turn them things on somethin' big down here. Ah don't wanna be nowhere near the castle if'n that's a possibility." He shudders, again, uncharacteristically. "Ain't no kind of yella' like shootin' a man that can't see it comin' an' can't shoot back."
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
Weapon(s) in holster:
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Under The Bridge
Jack shoots a wary glance at Tito. His skin crawls at the memory of the monstrosity that showed itself where the plucky dog boy had just stood. Still, his stone face is intact, and you'd never tell short of reading his mind. Even then, you'd be hard pressed to wiggle the truth out of him. He tips his hat to the dog boy. "Tito. Fella, ah hope you don't mind, but uh...the sam hill you got happenin' there? Ah've seen damn near everythin', or so my Paw might'a said, but that's a new one on me. You got all that under yer hat, so ta speak?" He chuckles, hoping to lighten the mood of the question. "You ain't an old dog, near as ah can tell, but that's a new trick ain't many dogs gonna learn no matter how old."
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
Weapon(s) in holster:
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

Beneath the Bridge
Sir Blurre nods in agreement with Jack, though he is less dismayed by the transformation. That does make his claim of single-handedly beating a sand-shark a bit more plausible, though. Glad to know that wasn't just being a braggart. "Jack is right, Tito, that was a very impressive display of raw power. You didn't seem to cast any spells, but I didn't know there were any psychics with the ability to transform so greatly. It is a rare gift, and one I think we are all glad to have on our side."

He considers. "That said, such a powerful tool is best kept in reserve, I think, for situations such as this one; when in town, the locals might get nervous if they were to be aware of such a potential danger--much like they react when someone carrying around a fusion block." He suspects that the boastful Dogboy will appreciate being compared to one of the more deadly instruments of war out there.
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight

Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Jack nods, agreeing with Blurre. "Darn shootin'. Little dog boy, great big ol' boom when ya let that trick off the chain!" He winks at the dog boy. "Just make sure yer pointed at the bad guys, savvy?"
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
Weapon(s) in holster:
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Orrin Truthseeker
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Under the Bridge
Orrin had been looking for a chance to break the ice with Tito about his transformation. Now that the others have, it is nearly impossible to stem the flow. Orrin had never seen or heard of a dog boy with such abilities.

"Have you always been able to transform like that, or did something trigger it when you were with the CS? Can you control it or does it happen as the result of the situation. When you are angry? Hungry? Stimulated?" Orrin digs through his pack while asking the questions and comes out witha number of vials and bags. He walks over to Tito and, without even thinking to ask, plucks a hair and places it into a vial and plugs it with a rubber stopper.

He hands Tito a vial. Next time you tranform can you put a scale in this vial?" He hands him another, "And spit in this one," he hands Tito a larger beaker, "And collect a .... can you still urinate in that form?"
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker

Active Effects Staff:, Spellcasting +1, Parry +1; Armor: Spellcasting +1, Kn Arc +2;

Notable Edges: LL Rejuvination; Common Bond; Wizard; Marksman; Metal Skin; Elan; Investigator (armor)
Powers: Beast Friend; Waking Dream (Illusion); Fireball (Bolt); Chakra Surge/Syphon (Boost/Lower Trait); Nature’s Gift (Warrior’s Gift); Mystical Sight (Detect Arcana); Arcane Severance (Dispel); Shadow Guard (Deflection); Adrenaline (Quickness); Armor

+3 from Stella
+1 Jack Joker
+1 Tito Joker
-2 try to free the kids
-1 Reroll puppet resist

Aventure Cards:
Inspiration: Friendly characters (including yourhero) add +2 to all trait rolls for therest of this round.

Spill the Beans:
The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.

Update Signature
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Jack 'Bullet' Jones wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:39 pm Jack's eyes narrow, an expression of worry not often seen on the gambler's face. "Them there killsats or whatchacallit. They, uh...they got range ta drill targets down here? Ah know it's a long way down, but ah reckon if'n the CS got a hold of 'em, they might turn them things on somethin' big down here. Ah don't wanna be nowhere near the castle if'n that's a possibility." He shudders, again, uncharacteristically. "Ain't no kind of yella' like shootin' a man that can't see it comin' an' can't shoot back."
Delta smiles grimly.

"The orbital lasers and point-defense railguns aren't really meant for targeting the surface. But there are at least a dozen or so satellites that have been identified as carrying 'bunker-buster' weapon systems. They used to call them 'Thor shots,' I think, or 'rods from the gods.' You drop a 10-meter-long tungsten rod into the atmosphere and let orbital inertia and gravity do the rest ..."
Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

Tribe of One wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:18 pm

Delta smiles grimly.

"The orbital lasers and point-defense railguns aren't really meant for targeting the surface. But there are at least a dozen or so satellites that have been identified as carrying 'bunker-buster' weapon systems. They used to call them 'Thor shots,' I think, or 'rods from the gods.' You drop a 10-meter-long tungsten rod into the atmosphere and let orbital inertia and gravity do the rest ..."
Blurre listens to that, then gives kind of a quirky smile. "Huh. You know, that's a truly horrible weapon. It gives me hope." If anyone gives him a confused look, he explains. "Well, think about it. These satellites all date back to the so-called Golden Age, right? And most of the humans, and even some of the various D-bees, will tell you that the Golden Age was some sort of era of enlightenment, and that the world is currently debased and wretched by comparison, which gets you all sorts of grim calculus on how to get the Golden Age back again--usually with something akin to the Coalition's approach. But if the world had weaponized gravity itself against one another at the height of the Golden Age, then maybe we aren't as bad as we think, see?"
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight

Orrin Truthseeker
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Sir Blurre wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:17 pm
Blurre listens to that, then gives kind of a quirky smile. "Huh. You know, that's a truly horrible weapon. It gives me hope." If anyone gives him a confused look, he explains. "Well, think about it. These satellites all date back to the so-called Golden Age, right? And most of the humans, and even some of the various D-bees, will tell you that the Golden Age was some sort of era of enlightenment, and that the world is currently debased and wretched by comparison, which gets you all sorts of grim calculus on how to get the Golden Age back again--usually with something akin to the Coalition's approach. But if the world had weaponized gravity itself against one another at the height of the Golden Age, then maybe we aren't as bad as we think, see?"
Orrin nods his head in understanding. "History shows us..." Orrin starts, and a collective groan goes up from the group. "Come on! This one is actually relevant! History shows us that times of great peace usually follow the most violent and bloody wars, when everyone alive has some recollection of how horrible war really is. One of the longest period of relative peace - meaning a lack of massive conflicts - in the pre-rifts era was after a war the involved almost the entire world. And during which the first nuclear bombs were invented and brutally demonstrated... "
Orrin Truthseeker
Orrin Truthseeker

+3 from Stella
+1 Jack Joker
+1 Tito Joker
-2 try to free the kids
-1 Reroll puppet resist

Aventure Cards:

Spill the Beans:

Update Signature
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Jack shakes his head. "That don't sound like no kinda fair fight. Ah reckon you got a point, Blurre...but ah'll be damned if y'ain't splittin' the bull's ballhairs ta find a shinin' light outta that kind of bomb."
He scratches at his chin, and lobs another thought into the ether. "Ya called 'em a...bunker buster? Reckon them things could get inta the NORAD place if'n they figure out where it is? Ah don't exactly savvy the idea of havin' Thor's shots rainin' down on my head. 'specially if ah can't see 'em comin' or at least fight back."
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
Weapon(s) in holster:
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Tito

Post by Tito »

Under The Bridge
OOC Comments
@Snake Eyes @Freemage @John Smith
Jack 'Bullet' Jones wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:43 pm Under The Bridge
Jack shoots a wary glance at Tito. His skin crawls at the memory of the monstrosity that showed itself where the plucky dog boy had just stood. Still, his stone face is intact, and you'd never tell short of reading his mind. Even then, you'd be hard pressed to wiggle the truth out of him. He tips his hat to the dog boy. "Tito. Fella, ah hope you don't mind, but uh...the sam hill you got happenin' there? Ah've seen damn near everythin', or so my Paw might'a said, but that's a new one on me. You got all that under yer hat, so ta speak?" He chuckles, hoping to lighten the mood of the question. "You ain't an old dog, near as ah can tell, but that's a new trick ain't many dogs gonna learn no matter how old."
Tito smiles at Jack when he asks him about his his badass form.

"I am a dog boy! Most of the time. But I'm different, too, man. I don't really know how I'm different. Like why do I have wings sometimes and sometimes I don't? Do I have some bird boy in me? I don't know, man. But it's really badass," He tells Bullet Jones.

He looks around then leans in close to whisper, "I got some other cool tricks too, man. You remember fishbrain? He tried to take a chunk out of my shoulder before I got to Marron! Bet ya couldn't tell huh?"

The excitement drains from his face and he gets a faraway look in his eyes when he whispers, "Maybe I'm a lizard boy? I had a lizard a long time ago. I picked it up by its tail and it fell off. It's tail grew back! I can do that too...Everything grows back..."
Sir Blurre wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:42 pm Beneath the Bridge
Sir Blurre nods in agreement with Jack, though he is less dismayed by the transformation. That does make his claim of single-handedly beating a sand-shark a bit more plausible, though. Glad to know that wasn't just being a braggart. "Jack is right, Tito, that was a very impressive display of raw power. You didn't seem to cast any spells, but I didn't know there were any psychics with the ability to transform so greatly. It is a rare gift, and one I think we are all glad to have on our side."

He considers. "That said, such a powerful tool is best kept in reserve, I think, for situations such as this one; when in town, the locals might get nervous if they were to be aware of such a potential danger--much like they react when someone carrying around a fusion block." He suspects that the boastful Dogboy will appreciate being compared to one of the more deadly instruments of war out there.
Tito's smile lights back up when Blurre starts talking about his badass form too, and even compares it to a fusion block!

He says, "Yeah, man, I know its badass! But, I like people to think I'm a good dog boy. Because I am a good dog boy! My badass form scares people..they don't see a good dog boy when I'm like that. So I don't usually stay that way."
Orrin Truthseeker wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:10 am Under the Bridge
Orrin had been looking for a chance to break the ice with Tito about his transformation. Now that the others have, it is nearly impossible to stem the flow. Orrin had never seen or heard of a dog boy with such abilities.

"Have you always been able to transform like that, or did something trigger it when you were with the CS? Can you control it or does it happen as the result of the situation. When you are angry? Hungry? Stimulated?" Orrin digs through his pack while asking the questions and comes out witha number of vials and bags. He walks over to Tito and, without even thinking to ask, plucks a hair and places it into a vial and plugs it with a rubber stopper.

He hands Tito a vial. Next time you tranform can you put a scale in this vial?" He hands him another, "And spit in this one," he hands Tito a larger beaker, "And collect a .... can you still urinate in that form?"
His smile gets even bigger when even Orrin realizes how badass Tito really is! He wags his tail a little bit and starts answering his questions.

"No, man. When I was a pup and not badass at all, I was just a runty little dog boy! But I ran more than all the other dog boys, and I trained harder than all the other dog boys, and I fought harder than all the other dog boys," Tito explains.

Then he flexes a little and lets his muscles bulge and ripple before continuing, "And I became a badass dog boy! But I was still just a normal dog boy, mostly. One day someone was hurting my friend Rocko and I tried to make them stop and they started hurting me too. And then it happened. That was..I dont know? Not long ago, maybe a month before we became friends? I've been training my badass form ever since then! It takes a few seconds to change, but I can do it whenever I want."

Tito immediately jumps backwards when Orrin plucks out his hair and the dog boy notices him pulling out vials and medical equipment. Tito crouches down real low and his vibro-claws pop out. His tail tucks between his legs and he lets out a loud, deep growl as he watches Orrin very carefully.

Tito says, "I don't like being poked or watched. I didn't know you were a poker when I signed your papers..."

Tito eyes dart around as he tries to remember the safe places the big lizard-man told them they could step.
Tito, Chihuagoyle Dog boy
Tito, Dog Boy Super Soldier
Pace: 6; Parry: 8 Toughness: 17(5)/20(5)
  • Battle Hardened: +2 to Soak rolls
    Berserk: Smarts roll when wounded or go berserk. Parry -1; +2 Fighting/Strength/Melee Damage/Toughness. Ignore all wound modifiers, but cannot use skills, Edges, or maneuvers requiring concentration, including Shooting/taunt but not Intimidation. Fighting die of 1 = hit random adjacent target, including friends. No adjacent on a 1 = attack misses.
    Death from Above: If combined with a Fighting attack, the leaper may add his level [+4] to any damage caused at the end of his jump.
    Elan: +2 to the final total of any Trait rerolled with a Benny.
    Frenzy: Make two attacks with one weapon. Fighting -2.
    Quick: Redraw initiative 5 or less until higher than 5. Stacks with (I)LH.
    Level Headed: Draw an additional initiative card.
    Rock and roll!: If no movement during round, ignore full auto penalty.
    Size -1/+1: Size -1/+1
    Strong Willed: +2 to Taunt/Intimidate; +2 Smarts/Spirit vs Tests of Will.
Wounds: 3/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Adventure Cards
  • Spill the Beans: The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.
Edit Signature
Jack 'Bullet' Jones
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Jack watches Orrin's overzealous interrogation of Tito begin taking a turn southward. That right there is a Santa Fe Shitstorm 'bout ta light off. He swoops in, gently separating Orrin from his victim/subject. "Hey now. We ain't the proddin' type, leastways without askin' first. Ah always ask if they're willin', you savvy?" He gives the dog boy a reassuring wink. "Ah ain't even gonna tell ya what Orrin did ta me 'fore he'd let me on the team. Pluckin' a hair's gettin' off easy, if'n ya ask me."
He gently pats the dog boy on the shoulder. "Ain't nobody gonna do nothin' to ya what y'ain't asked for. Beggin' yer pardon fer ol' Orrin. Ah'd suggest ya take it as a compliment. He's got a curious mind, an' ya done whet his appetite fer learnin'. Ain't always a bad thing. Yer just about the most badass thing he's ever run across, way his ears perked up." He smiles that winning smile at Tito, hoping that the beast within wasn't about to eat Orrin and whoever might happen to be standing next to him.
Bullet Jones
Jack "Bullet" Jones
Current Status Post
  • +6 Armor
  • +1 Toughness
  • FEP
  • +2 Gambling
Weapon(s) in holster:
Adventure Cards:
  • none drawn yet
Edit Signature
Tito

Post by Tito »

"Oh, OK. I'm sorry, I'm not a bad dog boy. I just don't like being poked, man. Ill still be your friend if that's OK?" Tito asks.

He stays near Jack and keeps an eye on Orrin, but he doesn't run off. He even perks up a bit more when he smells something tasty.

"Hey, Jack," Tito asks, "Whats cooking? Do you think that lizard-man ever eats his own tail? Lizards grow their tails back, so do you think they ever eat them when they get really hungry?"
    Berserk: Smarts roll when wounded or go berserk. Parry -1; +2 Fighting/Strength/Melee Damage/Toughness. Ignore all wound modifiers, but cannot use skills, Edges, or maneuvers requiring concentration, including Shooting/taunt but not Intimidation. Fighting die of 1 = hit random adjacent target, including friends. No adjacent on a 1 = attack misses.
    Death from Above: If combined with a Fighting attack, the leaper may add his level [+4] to any damage caused at the end of his jump.
Adventure Cards
  • Spill the Beans: The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.
Edit Signature
Seswarick
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Seswarick »

Tito wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:34 am
Tito immediately jumps backwards when Orrin plucks out his hair and the dog boy notices him pulling out vials and medical equipment. Tito crouches down real low and his vibro-claws pop out. His tail tucks between his legs and he lets out a loud, deep growl as he watches Orrin very carefully.

Tito says, "I don't like being poked or watched. I didn't know you were a poker when I signed your papers..."

Tito eyes dart around as he tries to remember the safe places the big lizard-man told them they could step.
Seeing the dog boys reaction, Seswarick is about to step in when fortunately Jack does so first. When gambler smooths things over he is releaved.
Jack 'Bullet' Jones wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:05 pm He gently pats the dog boy on the shoulder. "Ain't nobody gonna do nothin' to ya what y'ain't asked for. Beggin' yer pardon fer ol' Orrin. Ah'd suggest ya take it as a compliment. He's got a curious mind, an' ya done whet his appetite fer learnin'. Ain't always a bad thing. Yer just about the most badass thing he's ever run across, way his ears perked up." He smiles taht winning smile at Tito, hoping that the beast within wasn't about to eat Orrin and whoever might happen to be standing next to him.
Hoping to help Seswarick relates his own impressions of Orrin. "That has been my experience with our leader as well my friend. His questions about my travels have mostly been about different the species I have met and what they can do. I doubt it even occured to him that you had experiences with malevolent scientists and would be friegtened."
Active Effects:
[/list]
Seswarick
Seswarick
  • List of Abilities:
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature

Seswarick
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Seswarick »

Jack 'Bullet' Jones wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:43 pm Jack shakes his head. "That don't sound like no kinda fair fight. Ah reckon you got a point, Blurre...but ah'll be damned if y'ain't splittin' the bull's ballhairs ta find a shinin' light outta that kind of bomb."
He scratches at his chin, and lobs another thought into the ether. "Ya called 'em a...bunker buster? Reckon them things could get inta the NORAD place if'n they figure out where it is? Ah don't exactly savvy the idea of havin' Thor's shots rainin' down on my head. 'specially if ah can't see 'em comin' or at least fight back."
"Considering how the weapons of that time are still more advanced than most made now I do not think it was called golden for it's peacefulness."
Concern furrows the lyn-srials brow as he ponders the new information about the "kill sats". "Between the communications advantages and the potential military aid, I think finding this NORAD is even more of a major event than was expected. Such things would be great boons to the legion but were the CS to make contact with the more xenophobic of the space fareers... I think we should move cautiously in this sirs."
Active Effects:
[/list]
Seswarick
Seswarick
  • List of Abilities:
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature

Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

Blurre considers. "Are there any steps we can take to lower our profile? The less attention we draw to ourselves, the less likely anyone else--Coalition, Black Market, 1st Cavalry--who we don't want in possession of this place will be to find out about it."
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight

Tito

Post by Tito »

Tito stays near Jack, but he squints at Orrin a little bit and asks, "I don't know a lot about magic and skylines and using three guns with two hands, man. Why do you and Kim smell different than Jack, Seswarick and Blurre? And why do sky lines make my head hurt sometimes? And why is Kim easier to smell when she's fixing things?"

The dog boy stops and considers for a moment, then adds, "I don't know, man, maybe I can help you with your stuff if you help me?"
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Tribe of One

Re: Big Sky Country: Conversations with Delta/Sales in Safeway

Post by Tribe of One »

"Geiger counters and prophylactic jumpsuits! Breathers and rebreathers and med-kits for when you forget to wear one!"

The short little fella hawking safety gear looks like a member of one of the goblinoid races, only with bright blue skin instead of green. And anyone attuned to that sort of thing can tell he's using psionics to amplify his voice over the din of Safeway's crowded market.

Even with the Red River Combine's salvage buyers a day away, the market is in full swing, with capitalists of all sorts vying for the attention of the scrap-farmers in town to sell their loads. Maybe not as sophisticated as the black markets in the 'Burbs or even Black Mesa, there's still a surprising variety of goods on hand, not to mention the strange and varied folk selling them.

One last Interlude opportunity before the quarter ends. For 1 XP (taken immediately) you can post some interaction between your character and one of the merchants in Safeway's market, with a description of one or more of the unique goods on offer. Feel free to use this thread for back and forth role-play, as well, if you're looking to get your post count up a bit, but you only get the bonus XP once.
Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

Blurre decides to spend some time moving around the market, not really interested in buying anything, but is enjoying the people-watching. Passing along the aisles, he occasionally picks up the odd knick-knack; mostly just enjoying the brief respite before they get down to business again. He is delighted to find a donut vendor, and buys three dozen of the fried dough delights in a large sack, munching on them as he continues on his way. It's possible as many as a dozen will survive long enough to be shared with the rest of the team when they regroup--maybe.

Mid-morning, he spots some odd behavior at one of the booths. People stroll over, speak briefly to the vendor (a seller of alcohol of various varieties, along with other consumables, including jerky of unknown origin and pickled eggs of a surprising number of hues), who murmurs something back. The customer then heads off, without buying anything, and always in a particular direction. Watching a bit more closely, he sees that the customers who do this invariably tap a finger next to their right eye--listening in, they all make some sort of casual conversation. But he can never quite hear the response.

Curiosity aroused, he waits until there's a pause, then also approaches. "Good day, sir. Bit of a chill in the air last night." As he speaks, he mimics the eye-tap.

The vendor, who wears some sort of techno-wizard-enhanced monocle, looks at him briefly, then nods, murmuring, almost impossible to hear over the sound of trade going on all around them, while discretely pointing in the direction the others went. "Three right, four left, three right. Red and blue stripes. Dewjolt." Blurre almost asks about that last bit, but revealing ignorance here might be unpleasant. Instead, he gives the vendor a head-bob, then heads off in the direction indicated.

It's not hard to figure out that the numbers refer to the aisles between the stalls--so third right turn, fourth left turn, third right turn. Once in the designated aisle he sees a closed tent, sunfaded and dust-covered, almost obscuring the blue and red stripes on it; a content-looking Simvan just left the tent, swaggering past Blurre as he heads back into the market. Blurre heads to the tent; as he gets there, the flap opens, and a thin, attractive woman stands there, blocking his way with a curious tilt to her head, waiting. It takes him a moment to fully understand, then he says "Dewjolt." Sure enough, this turns out to be the password that gets him entry.

"How many do you want? It's 100 credits per, or a thousand for a case." The woman speaks with a recognizable accent of a longtime Chi-Town Burbs resident.

He decides to play it out a bit. "Let me see it, first. Want to know I'm getting the real McCoy."

She pauses a moment, eyeing him up, then nods. "Okay, fine, but it'll still cost you a hundred to crack one open for a taste." She pulls the lid off the barrel in the tent; it's filled with ice, and bottles stick up out of the cubes. She pulls one out and hands it to him.

He takes a moment to read the label. Worse than I thought.... Aloud, he says, "I'm about to go traveling. How much do you have?"

She eyes him suspiciously--he's apparently more talkative than most of her customers--and to prove goodwill, he pulls out the credstick, flashing the current balance. Greed outweighs caution. "It's been busy, but we've still got about 500 left right now. You talking about bulk purchase, then? Let's say... 100 for 750 credits."

He nods to her. "Fair price. I'll take all 500."

Her eyes go wide, then she smiles broadly. "Wonderful. Lets me close down for the rest of the day." Still dreaming of a big score, she pulls aside a tarp, revealing a pallet loaded with a score of cases of brown, thick liquid. The labels read "Psi-Cola."

Alchemical brews are notoriously finnicky. The sudden introduction of a massive concentration of psionic energy in the form of a whip could have any number of effects depending on the particulars of the moment--temperature, humidity, air pressure, the alignment of the stars. In this case, the contents prove exceptionally volatile, exploding in a sugar-sweet mist that apparently has some corrosive properties--anything as sturdy as leather is unaffected, as is living flesh, but cloth and paper prove quite susceptible, rapidly decaying leaving the two of them standing in the open. Her surprised howl turns into an absolute shriek as she discovers that her clothing was not made of sufficiently sturdy material to withstand the concentrated effect of the mist.

Fortunately, the spray was mostly absorbed by the tent and her dress, so there's no massive cloud of cloth-destroying cola vapor passing through the market. Still, a lot of folks are looking at them, now. Blurre turns to face them, impassively, psi-whip still dangling from his hand. "This woman and her partner were selling a known dangerous substance that can be hideously addictive. It can also induce massive psychotic episodes, or dangerous surges of uncontrolled psychic activity. Naturally, I assume the rest of you good folks were unaware of their nefarious activities." He moves to the barrel and, as he speaks, starts cracking the bottles open against the side and then pouring their contents on the ground.

At this, the crowd murmurs, and one of them speaks up. "Say, anyone else remember that Dogboy who went rompin' through the Market, biting everyone who got near him 'til we put him down? Pretty sure I seen him goin' into Maggie's tent earlier that day. Didn't put it together til just now, though."

"Maggie", who had been calling for the mob to string up Blurre as she clumsily grabbed some pieces of wood for coverage, realizes that this was likely to be a tipping-point in the crowd's mood, and swiftly dashes back in the direction of her confederate's booth, shoutng, "Henry! We're blown! Time to pack up and move out!"

Several of the nearby shopkeeps laugh and jeer at her departure, and a couple even thank Blurre, laughing, "for the best show we seen this month."

The Cyber-knight shakes his head at this, clearly not regarding it as a laughing matter, and finds a shower-rental; he enters the booth fully armored, and lets it rinse the noxious, sticky fluid off. He pays a couple of kids to scrub it off the back of his coat, too. It takes forever--the stuff is absurdly sticky once it dried in the desert sun. Once this is done, he heads back to the checkpoint to meet with the others.
OOC Comments
+1 XP, spending 100 credits for miscellaneous stuff like the kids who helped him get clean and maybe a bit to a booth nearby that suffered minor pockmarks in their banner.
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight

Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

Kim wandered through the Safeway market, looking at the odds and ends on sale. She wasn’t in her armor, since it was being cleaned, and it was nice to get out of it for a while. So she wore a nice blue sundress she had hoped Jack would like. Her mood fell a bit thinking about Jack and his rejection. He’d throw himself at any floozy in a dress, but never even look at her!

Kim looked through some promising scrap, and even bought some items she needed to replenish her techno-wizard supplies, bits and parts, some arcanum residue, arcanite wire, runepaint, and magic crystals. And, of course, a big bag of very colorful rhinestones and glitter.

Kim had just gotten some fried banana on a stick when something jumped out of one of the booths, snatched her sweet treat, and scampered up a tree.

“Hey!” Kim called out in indignation.

The creature chittered at her, stuck its tongue out, and then took a big bite of the fried banana. It was a bit too hot, however, and it howled in indignation.

“Oh, sorry miss. ‘e’s a mishievous bugger, tha’ one is,” a dwarven lady said. She pulled out a small whistle and blew it. The creature perked up, looked down, and scampered down.

“What is it?” Kim asked, fascinated. She noticed the shop then, advertising all manner of exotic pets. Was that a fury beetle larva?

“‘Tis a spider monkey, ‘tis,” the dwarven woman said.

Kim looked at the creature. She’d never really seen a monkey. This one had grey and white fur with tufts of black on its tail and ears. It had four long, thin arms and two long, thin legs, and the long, thin tail wrapped around Kim’s banana treat as it munched happily away. It stared at her with large, kind of eerie, compound eyes.

“Spider monkey? I don’t know what that is.”

The dwarf shrugged. “This.”

“It has six legs.”

“Spiders have six legs.”

“Spiders have eight.”

She shrugged again. “I think it likes ye. ‘Tis a wee one.”

The monkey jumped across onto Kim’s head and perched there, starting to pick at her hair. Kim laughed, rolling her eyes up to look at the little creature.

“Ye wan’ t’ buy it?”

“Oh, I don’t know. I’m traveling with friends, and I-- Ah, what the heck. How much is it?”

The bartered on a price, and then shook on it. The dwarf handed over the whistle and taught Kim a few of the command whistles. The spider monkey perked up at the sound.

“What’s its name?” Kim asked.

“Never gave it one. Tha’s up t’ ye.”

“Okay. Is it a boy or a girl?”

The dwarf shrugged and reached up, rooting around in the monkey’s fur. It gave an indignant squawk and hiss.

“Girl.”

“Yeah, I don’t blame you,” Kim cooed to the monkey. “How about I call you...Georgia.”

The monkey gave a little laugh, and Kim smiled. “What does she eat?”

“Any fruits an’ vegetables,” the dwarf said. “Just be careful with broccoli an’ cabbage. She gets awful gas.”

Kim wandered off with her new acquisition. Georgia sat on her shoulder, looking around. Sometimes she jumped off, darting away to look at something that caught her attention, or got into trouble, but she always responded to the Kim’s whistle and came right back. Kim would make her apologies. Kim bought some more fried bananas and gave one to Georgia as they wandered away through the market.

“I think I’ll buy you some broccoli and introduce you to Jack,” Kim said with a mischievous grin.
OOC Comments
+1 XP
Character Tracking

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Seswarick
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Seswarick »

As the vendor he'd stopped at carries on about the great TW applications of the junk on his table Seswarick begins to suspect he's being dupped. The mans tones and body language just seem.. off. The vendor is currently holding up a frayed AV cord of some type and trying to convince the Lyn-Srial of it's efficacy "Now I know it looks like frayed junk but this here wire is straight TW gold! Made in the factory at Tolkeen before the war, a bit of it is just what ya need ta fix that, I'm sure of it."

The zapper looks down as his fried laser pistol. "It looks rather thick to be used in this weapon. I suspect you are..

"Well now maybe you're right there. Lets see what else we may have that's a bit more appropriate. Smoothly changing gears to try and keep the customer off balance and on the hook, the vendor is unaware that his chances to skin this mark are about to be shot down. Seswarick's attention is diverted by a familiar face. @Kim comes strolling down the street laughing at the antics of her new pet.

"Ah, my friend is over there, she can help me with what I need. Kim! Could you maybe help me with something?" Ses waves his teammate down to get an experts advice on the needed parts to convert his laser to run on magic/psionic energies. Also to ask her if she'd do such a conversion for him.
Active Effects:
[/list]
Seswarick
Seswarick
  • List of Abilities:
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature

Rill
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Rill »

Rill approaches the market from the air, taking in the hustle and bustle of the stalls, the shoppers, and the people on the fringes, doing what they can to survive. Amid the teeming masses, he spots a few familiar figures. That man over there must be @Sir Blurre, for as quickly as he is moving through the crowd. And, is that @Seswarick, the lyn-srial zapper who found his way to us in Marron?

While deciding where to land, he sees another familiar figure in the path of Seswarick, this one with a monkey (of all things) on her shoulder. He sets down near her, drawing plenty of eyes, and pops off his helmet so she can see his face clearly.

”Miss Kimberly (@Kim Black), he says, ”what have I missed?”
Character Sheet
Seswarick
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Seswarick »

Rill wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:57 pm Rill approaches the market from the air, taking in the hustle and bustle of the stalls, the shoppers, and the people on the fringes, doing what they can to survive. Amid the teeming masses, he spots a few familiar figures. That man over there must be Sir Blurre, for as quickly as he is moving through the crowd. And, is that Seswarick, the lyn-srial zapper who found his way to us in Marron?

While deciding where to land, he sees another familiar figure in the path of Seswarick, this one with a monkey (of all things) on her shoulder. He sets down near her, drawing plenty of eyes, and pops off his helmet so she can see his face clearly.

”Miss Kimberly (Kim Black), he says, ”what have I missed?”
Looking up at the whoosh of jetpack engines Seswarick is perplexed at first. The nimbu staff clear denotes the person as a Fennodi but the style of travel is not one he'd seen many use. When it becomes apparent the flier intends to land near Kim the Lyn-Srial moves towards her, just in case this a ploy by the assassin Jack made the team aware of. But when the stranger lands and removes his helmet, it turns out to not be a stranger at all but the teams friend Rill.

"Greetings Rill, it is good to see you again. Have you come to rejoin us? Both your magics and counsel will be most welcome."
Active Effects:
[/list]
Seswarick
Seswarick
  • List of Abilities:
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature

Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

New Mexico/Safeway
Afternoon
Day 34
Round 0

Kim laughed as Georgia swung back to her and handed her an apple she had snagged from a stall. Kim made sure to pay for the treats. When she turned, she saw Seswarik at a scrap vendor’s stall waving her over. She was starting to push through the crowd when the crowd got a bit antsy and she heard the sound of a jetpack. The crowd parted and an armored figure landed near her and removed his helmet.

“Rill!” Kim exclaimed. She jumped up and gave the mystic a big hug. Georgia gave a bit of a screech at nearly being upended and latched onto Kim’s hair.

“Ow! Ouch! Sorry. Still getting used to Georgia,” Kim told Rill, disengaging the monkey’s six small hands from her hair. “Rill, this is Georgia.” When the Lyn-Srial joined them, Kim added, “And this is Seswarik. He joined the team not long after you left. How are you doing?”

Kim glanced at Seswarik’s laser pistol. “Oh, yeah. I can totally convert that,” she said. “And we probably have the parts in the Sky Siren. Just need some time. You don’t need to buy anything from a junk vendor. Though I have picked up some nice pieces, so we can see what he has.”
Character Tracking

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

As the Lyn-Syr, @Seswarick passes by a stall two or three away from @Kim Black a large pile of refuse erupts from between the stalls near Sewarick. The refuse seems to fall to back of the sidewalls of the stalls and a large shrouded shape shakes itself free of the trash and debris. Throwing off a stitched together 2 by 2 tarp cloak, a large wolf, ten feet tall and several hundred pounds greets the Lyn-Syr. "Ah the winged warrior from Marron, Seswarick, is it."

"Did you come by yourself? I was hoping 'my friends' may have ..." Trailing off because his gaze finds Kim and seveal of the others from the 18th not far away. "... I see you came with good company."

Letting the Lyn-Syr lead Silver follows up behind, casting an impressively long shadow down the length of the stalls at this section of Market.
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Veteran Wolfen MARS Techno-Warrior
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 8 (1d8) || Parry: 8 (9 with claws) || Toughness: 23 (6) || Size: +1 || Strain: 19/22
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Level-Headed Edge: Draw two initiative cards and take the best.
  • Danger Sense Edge: Notice roll -2 before being suprised or ambushed.
Relevant Edges:
Bennies: 4/4
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • JA-9 Variable Laser Rifle
  • Chain Greatsword
  • Silvered Vibro-Blade Vembraces
Adventure Cards _
  • (46) Renown: Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Seswarick
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Seswarick »

Silverclaws wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:02 pm As the Lyn-Syr, @Seswarick passes by a stall two or three away from @Kim Black a large pile of refuse erupts from between the stalls near Sewarick. The refuse seems to fall to back of the sidewalls of the stalls and a large shrouded shape shakes itself free of the trash and debris. Throwing off a stitched together 2 by 2 tarp cloak, a large wolf, ten feet tall and several hundred pounds greets the Lyn-Syr. "Ah the winged warrior from Marron, Seswarick, is it."

"Did you come by yourself? I was hoping 'my friends' may have ..." Trailing off because his gaze finds Kim and seveal of the others from the 18th not far away. "... I see you came with good company."

Letting the Lyn-Syr lead Silver follows up behind, casting an impressively long shadow down the length of the stalls at this section of Market.
Alarmed at first by the massive form, Seswarick is relieved to find it is both familiar and friendly. "Yes. I "signed up" to join them on their travels after Marron. We were looking into the information from... "the refugee" but are following up on your message about your missing friend. That seems much more time sensitive." When he mentions "the refugee" he pointedly glances upwards.
Active Effects:
[/list]
Seswarick
Seswarick
  • List of Abilities:
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature

Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

Seswarick wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:17 pm Alarmed at first by the massive form, Seswarick is relieved to find it is both familiar and friendly. "Yes. I "signed up" to join them on their travels after Marron. We were looking into the information from... "the refugee" but are following up on your message about your missing friend. That seems much more time sensitive." When he mentions "the refugee" he pointedly glances upwards.
The hint is not wasted on Silver. "The refugee, are they here?"

"Our friend is within the confine."
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 8 (1d8) || Parry: 8 (9 with claws) || Toughness: 23 (6) || Size: +1 || Strain: 19/22
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • Chain Greatsword
Adventure Cards _
  • (46) Renown: Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Seswarick
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Seswarick »

Silverclaws wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:08 pm
Seswarick wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:17 pm Alarmed at first by the massive form, Seswarick is relieved to find it is both familiar and friendly. "Yes. I "signed up" to join them on their travels after Marron. We were looking into the information from... "the refugee" but are following up on your message about your missing friend. That seems much more time sensitive." When he mentions "the refugee" he pointedly glances upwards.
The hint is wasted on Silver. "The refugee, are they here?"

"Our friend is within the confine."
Ses waits to finish filling Silver in on the details until @Rill has been greeted and the crowds attention (mostly) goes back to their own business. Then he fills them both in, tight beaming an very short range message over their comms on the team frequency. "Delta's traveling with a Justice Ranger to take some children we saved to safety. We plan to meet back up with her and resume her quest after we attend Stella. Rill, Stella has been taken by the red river Combine. It seems they don't accept uninvited visitors to the Foundry, but some of their people will be here tomorrow and we're going to try and get invited."
Kim Black wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:08 am

Kim glanced at Seswarik’s laser pistol. “Oh, yeah. I can totally convert that,” she said. “And we probably have the parts in the Sky Siren. Just need some time. You don’t need to buy anything from a junk vendor. Though I have picked up some nice pieces, so we can see what he has.”
Seswarick smiles his strange beaked grin and glows warmly in gratitude. "Thank you. My naturally high static charge is bad for mundane technology and even though I don't use it often, it's a nice option that's a bit less lethal than my lightning. Or when things are immune to it. We may as well get the parts here if we can and they're affordable. Save the stock on the Siren for other things." As if to demonstrate his point about static Georgia decides to investigate the golden birdman and his shiny crystal harness. When the poor spider monkey reaches out to his anklet there's an audible snap of electricity, making her screech in surprise and pain as well as putting her fur on end. She spends much of the rest of the shopping trip chittering angrily at him until, at Kims suggestion, Ses presents it with a fried banana.
Active Effects:
[/list]
Seswarick
Seswarick
  • List of Abilities:
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature

Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

@Kim Black

At this point, Blurre arrives at the gathering of comrades returned, blinking in happy surprise to see the group's numbers bolstered. Oddly, both his hair and his trenchcoat are wet, like he had been caught in a spontaneous rainstorm, despite the dry weather. He seems none the worse for wear, though.

"Ah, Rill and Silver both? Wonderful, and just in time. I'll assume you've been filled in, for now." Then he blinks, as a pair of tiny hand-paws go over his eyes from behind his head, and two more start poking around his face as if trying to find his nasal slits. The lack of general alarm is enough to keep him from overreacting, but he does take a moment to dislodge his 'assailant'. As Georgia dangles from his forearm, he looks around in bemusement. "Does this belong to anyone?" His question is addressed to the crowd in general, many of whom are either snickering openly or, oddly eyeing him warily and murmuring to one another--something about disappearing clothing or somesuch.
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight

Rill
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Rill »

Rill cannot help but smile at his reception. It is good to be back among friends. He breaks off his hug with Kim, and happily greets the others.

Their time is short, though. ”Yes, I heard Silver’s encrypted message and came this way. I’m glad to have found you all. I assume we have a suitably crazy plan for getting Stella out of there?”

One of the vendors attempts to but in and sell them a melon, of all things, “grown from magical seeds taken from the heart of a ley line storm.” Rill glances at the melon, activates his ability to detect auras, and sighs.

”No, you can’t sell those. The seeds weren’t blessed by magic, but that fruit has certainly been corrupted by it. You sell those, and you’ll have angry customers with magical diarrhea knocking down your stall within the day.”
@Kim Black
@Seswarick
@Silverclaws
@Sir Blurre
Character Sheet
Sir Blurre
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Sir Blurre »

Blurre grins at Rill, waiting until the dejected melon merchant is far enough away that they can converse again. "This is more one of our half-finished plans than our crazy ones. Kim is going to try to wrangle an invite to the RRC territory, I guess with us as her entourage. If that works, then we still have to ascertain Stella's conditions before deciding how to act. It's possible, after all, that while they took her in there, she has found common cause with them in the interim. Or they may be holding her against her will. We just don't know enough to even make the rest of the plan."
Sir Blurre
Quick Stats
Quick-Flex Cyber-Knight

Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

Sir Blurre wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:47 pm Blurre grins at Rill, waiting until the dejected melon merchant is far enough away that they can converse again. "This is more one of our half-finished plans than our crazy ones. Kim is going to try to wrangle an invite to the RRC territory, I guess with us as her entourage. If that works, then we still have to ascertain Stella's conditions before deciding how to act. It's possible, after all, that while they took her in there, she has found common cause with them in the interim. Or they may be holding her against her will. We just don't know enough to even make the rest of the plan."
"There has been no word coming from the "Confine" in the last week or so. Nothing muttered or said. No hints or accidental mentions. the RRC agents are certainly tight lipped."

"Everyone that shows, is bristling like a porcupine, with magic or magically augmented equipment. So much so that I quit using the Hellfire Sight. I would almost bet that they have doubled security in their compound because they are showing up here with more."

Anyone looking at Silver's face would have realized he has been walking around with a lead eye patch.
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • Chain Greatsword
Adventure Cards _
Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kim Black »

New Mexico/Safeway
Afternoon
Day 34
Round 0

Kim jumped as a pile of scrap suddenly moved. She reached for her weapons, but then saw the familiar hulking form of the white-furred Silverclaws.

“What are you doing lounging in the trash?” Kim asked, holstering her TK revolver again.

Kim turned her attention back to Seswarick. “I’ll give you a list of what I need then,” she told him, pulling out a pencil and notebook, jotting things down.

Kim winced as Georgia discovered how shocking the Lyn-Srial could be. “Aw, come here,” she said, comforting the spider monkey.

Georgia scampered off again and came back with Blurre.

“Oh, Blurre, that’s Georgia,” Kim said. “She’s my new pet!” The teen grinned. “Oh, give that back, Georgia,” Kim said, reclaiming a little bauble the spider monkey had lifted from Blurre and returning it to the cyber-knight.

Kim turned her attention back to Rill. “Our plan is pretty simple. We do our job. We introduce ourselves to the Combine folks and as if their leaders would be interested in hearing the Tomorrow Legion’s pitch. When we’re in the compound, we can poke around for Stella, get the lay of the land, and make our plan then.”
Character Tracking

• 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
  • PPE 13/17
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards

Equipment
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Hellfire Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • UEMC

Vehicles
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Mini Rail Gun
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • Size 2
  • Exposed Crew, Hover
  • Toughness 23 (12)
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Size 4
  • Crew 1+3
  • Remaining Mods 2
Mission Loot
5 Plasma grenades
4 Frag grenades
Rill
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Rill »

”That all seems eminently reasonable. I could always try remote viewing the facility to look for Stella, but that did not work well for us last time.”

Rill has not forgotten how his remote viewing alerted the captors in Marron of the 18th’s presence outside of town.
Character Sheet
Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

Kim Black wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:35 am
Kim jumped as a pile of scrap suddenly moved. She reached for her weapons, but then saw the familiar hulking form of the white-furred Silverclaws.

“What are you doing lounging in the trash?” Kim asked, holstering her TK revolver again.
"Ms. @Kim Black , I ain't exactly welcome in these parts at least the Confine crowd don't like me much. Even Tito can't hang here cause he's a marked individual as well."

"Even had to leave Mesa because the Confine crowd over there but tags out for myself and Tito."

Motioning to the pile of scrap and junk, "It has proven a good place to lay low and listen and survey. The folks aof Safeway get paranoid when they see me coming down the street."
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • Chain Greatsword
Adventure Cards _
Seswarick
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Seswarick »

Rill wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:58 am ”That all seems eminently reasonable. I could always try remote viewing the facility to look for Stella, but that did not work well for us last time.”

Rill has not forgotten how his remote viewing alerted the captors in Marron of the 18th’s presence outside of town.
"It is reasonable they'll have the know how to watch for that. I can surreptitiously listen for radio chatter, including secured channels, so I'll keep my mind open for talk of her, or holding facilities she may be at."
Silverclaws wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:36 pm

"Ms. Kim Black , I ain't exactly welcome in these parts at least the Confine crowd don't like me much. Even Tito can't hang here cause he's a marked individual as well."

"Even had to leave Mesa because the Confine crowd over there but tags out for myself and Tito."

Motioning to the pile of scrap and junk, "It has proven a good place to lay low and listen and survey. The folks aof Safeway get paranoid when they see me coming down the street."
"That could complicate things for the plan. How bad are your relations with them Silver? Will we need to hide you in the Siren or is it something Jack can talk them out of being mad about?"
Active Effects:
[/list]
Seswarick
Seswarick
  • List of Abilities:
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature

Silverclaws
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Silverclaws »

"It was bad in Mesa. I only guessed that the information got passed along to here. Toto and his big rig stand out here where thee are no rigs."

"I have not been able to pick up intel on my status here."
Silverclaws
Quick Stats _
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • Chain Greatsword
Adventure Cards _
Tito

Post by Tito »

Tito's encounter with the Father put him in a melancholy mood. Seeing Rocko and Buster again, even if it was through lies of a sadistic creature, had meant everything to the diminutive dog boy. Taking his friends away again hurt more than he knew how to deal with.

The journey to Safeway was much less quiet than it should have been, with a noticeable lack of "man's" and "badass's." When they arrived, he listlessly filed along behind the others, unenthusiastically grunting or shaking his head when required. Until he overheard the name "Rocko" play through the bulletin board Seswarick was watching.

"ROCKO!" Tito shouts at the screen, "He's my friend. He's a good dog boy, man. Is Action Stan a badass? Rocko needs a badass friend because he's not like me, man..."

Tito has an idea, and practically snatches the recorder that Kim and Orrin had tried to use to record a message. He turn's the recorder on himself and waves at the camera, giving a big smile.

"Rocko! I hope you see this. I don't know where you are, man, but I'm here. Well, I guess I was. I have so much to tell you, but first.. I don't think I have to worry about...going home any time soon," He records.

Tito points the recorder at Orrin and says, "This is Orrin. He's my new friend! I didn't think he was badass at first, but now I know better. Don't let him scare you when he gets excited. He's not a poker, but I thought he was a while back."

"And this is Kim!" he points the camera at her and continues, "She's like you! Well, except she's kind of badass, ya know? Man, she's always working on machines. I have a new toy, Whomper, that I need to get her to fix being you're not with me. I wish you could see it! It's super cool."

Lowering his voice, he says, "I think maybe she's got what you never did because...well, she smells kind of funny when she's fixing stuff."

He turns the camera on each member in turn and introduces them, "This is Jack. He can use THREE guns with only two hands! I keep asking him to show me how, but I guess I'm not badass enough with guns. And that's Seswarick! I thought he was a bird boy...but he's not. He's a birdman, but he's really nice and smart. He couldn't teach me how to..well, he can do stuff I can't. I'll try to learn some day though. Oh! And that's Blurre. He's kind of weird and has a funny name, but he might be the most badass out of all of my new friends. Not more badass then me, man. But he's really fast."

Letting out a sigh, Tito finishes his recording, "I don't think we'll be here much longer. We might be back soon, though, so if you see this make sure you look for me! After that..I don't know where we're going. I hope you're ok, and I'm sorry...leaving home didn't work out so well."

Finshing the recording, Tito gets it uploaded to the board. Once uploaded, his tail wags for the first time in days and he seems to have perked up quite a bit.

He scratches his head and says, "I don't know why, but I feel a lot better, man. I didn't get to talk to Rock, or even see him, I just heard his name...but talking about him was fun. I hope he's ok...I know he is! He's not badass but he's super smart."
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature

Return to “18th COT Adventure Forums”