Post by Ryder » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:01 am

Vigor 5
Resist Fatigue 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Wild Vigor 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Extra Effort 1d6+2 = 3: 1
And Elan makes 5!
No Fatigue.

Three rolls:
A: Notice -1 (-2 Visibility, +2 EDS, -1 Dim)
B: Strength -1 (-2 Storm, -2 Electronics, d12+3 from armor)
C: Repair -1 (-2 Visibility, +2 Mr. Fix-it,-1 Dim)--get benny for suffering the Visibility Penalty for fixing the Howdah.

Notice 1d8-1 = 2: 3
Wild Notice 1d6-1 = 5: 6 ACE 1d6+5 = 6: 1

Strength 1d12-1 = 5: 6
Wild Strength 1d6-1 = 2: 3

Repair 1d8-1 = 6: 7
Wild Repair 1d6-1 = 5: 6 ACE 1d6+5 = 10: 5
As the storm brews up, Ryder curses and shuts down the sensors on the Cassowary, muttering to Ashley. "Between the storm and the power fluctuations, those are worthless." He peers into the rapidly dimming light, making an effort to find a path ahead, trying to predict where the storm is going to cause additional difficulties driving. For the most part, he manages very well, taking a much more cautious approach to maneuvering the Aeon Cassowary, guiding it slowly but steadily forward through the storm and evading the suddenly appearing rivers and mud-pits.

However, there's no avoiding the tree that tips over after a massive lightning strike. He pulls up to a stop, and jumps out. Running to the tree, he gears up his armor's servos, which complain loudly as the storm interferes with their power supply. Steadily but forcibly, he manages to push the tree through the muck and mire until the road is clear, and dashes back to the Cassowary's driver's seat.

As they continue on through the storm, a massive wind comes up, rocking the vehicle to the side before it comes back upright with a THUD that shakes everyone inside. He pauses for a moment, frowning. "I think we've got trouble up top." Stopping, he jumps out again, and climbs up, finding the howdah is dangerously loose on a few of the couplings. He has Ash hand him up the toolkit, and starts furiously re-attaching it. Unable to re-weld it in the pouring rain, he opts to punch through with an awl and then bolt on extra straps of metal to keep it anchored.
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

Nazo

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Nazo » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:53 am

The demon queller looks up into the raging with a slight smile on her face. A ley line storm, my first ever!
She immidiately feels her energy dimished as the storm attacks her psychic self, but it also lashes out at her faith threatening to tear it a sunder. Lightning lashes out and Nazo’s smile does not abate. Strike me now my foe and I will be unleashed twice fold! The elements rain and sizzle down on her doing little to her body encased fully in her samurai armor.

Predictabaly the first thing she does is call to whatever gods have deemed them so unworthy. Her voice is filled with drunken spite as she either walks near Karsk or perhaps even rides in the saddle behind him. ” Is that it you cruel bitch? You think you know me? I am Nazo of Kyoto The Demon Queller and I have come for thee! Hahaha.” The storm seems to know its master.

Uncharacteristically the second thing she does is bring out her climbing rope and lash it to folks getting lost in the storm. Still in her drunken fury she calls out to the storm, ” Now that you are so feared. I will climb through your bouts and find sanctuary on the other side, not just for me but for those that you seek to lead astray!” The lightning responds doubly striking out at her feeble attempt to climb when walking is so much easier. Nazo responds the jab of the storm, ” Is that all you got? You don’t know me at all!”

In a unlikly moment of contimplation Nazo pauses looking deep within herself. Is this storm my own tormented feelings? She draws upon her spiritual self in a way only done so once befor on this jouney. Where is the safe path? Show me a sign. ” I am sorry... I am sorry.” The way is clear. I see it now. With her drunkenness forgotton she moves with determination unparralled. Her words have no doubt in them, ” This way. Over there that is the way out of the storm.”

At her words the storm surges in response! Rolling Thunder: A black, roiling cloud bursts along the ley line at about 60 mph. As it passes, everyone within it is drenched, knocked prone, and Shaken by tremendous thunderclaps.
Vigor Success, 3 successes to the dramatic task
!st Intimidate -1 fatigued: 1d6-1 = 5: 6 Ace 1d6 = 2: 2wild 1d6-1 = 4: 5
2nd Climb: -1 fatigue: 1d6-1 = 3: 4 wild 1d6-1 = 2: 3 Lightning: 2d6 = 11: 6, 5 ace 1d6 = 3: 3
3rd Mystisim by way of divination -1 fatigued: 1d10-1 = 3: 4 wild 1d6-1 = 3: 4 Benny for EF: 1d6+2 = 7: 5 leyline effect: 1d8 = 3: 3
Vigor roll -5 (-4 PPE, -1 Fatigued): 1d12-5 = 1: 6 wild 1d6-5 = -2: 3 I’ll drop the GM benny for being out side on extra effort with Elan: 1d6+2 = 4: 2

Lightning: 2d6 = 7: 3, 4
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 25/25, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers: Mega Armor +10 MD

Bennies: 2/3
+1 post rate
-1 quick combat
-1 for armor power

Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Barinthasheer » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:25 am

Task rolls, 1 success
1: Psionics: -1 Fatige, -2 psionics. Psionics 1d8-3 = 1: 4
Wild 1d6-3 = 0: 3

2: Notice: -1 fatigue, -2 rain. Notice 1d8-3 = 2: 5 Bennie for EE 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6-3 = -1: 2

3: Persuasion: -1 fatigue, -2 circumstance. Persuasion 1d6-3 = 3: 6 Bennie for EE 1d6+3 = 6: 3

Lightning 2d6 = 7: 1, 6 Ace 1d6+7 = 9: 2
Having never seen a proper storm particularly not of the ley line variety Bari at first thinks that it looks fun, then the headache starts. He drifts down closer to the ground and sees the plight of his friends and their charges and is reminded that things which are trivial annoyances to him are quite lethal to more mortal beings. Swooping lower still to try and bolster the stamina of the less hardy but then the lightning starts, being higher up he is this first of many struck by the bolts and while it fails to harm him it does disrupt his concentration, causing the power to fizzle out. Then he tries to locate a safe haven for the group. positioning and his natural ability to see in the dark should give him an edge in this but it in fact works against him as he's buffeted by the winds and blinded by the lightning. The dragon actually gets quite disoriented by it, colliding with some trees and crashing to the turf.

Unharmed again he shakes his head as clear as the headache will allow and notices Ashleys pyrotechnic display, then the treeline he landed in begins to tear up out of the ground and float towards the group, assembling themselves into a shelter. A few of the refugees had decided to take shelter in said copse and seeing they were still in danger Bari tries to talk them into the shelter his teammates had been constructing. "I know she seems mean and scary sometimes but Ms. Ashley is trying to keep you safe! Come on, let's get to the lean to." The stragglers in the trees return to the fold under the protection of Bari's wings.
Last edited by Barinthasheer on Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 5/10; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:42 pm

Violet lightning cracks down, striking near the passenger side door on the cab in the Cassowary. Ash flinches away from it, but the glancing blow only sends a few arcs at the door itself...the cab provides more than adequate protection. For her at least.

A lot of people out there weren't so lucky.

Ash unlocked the door and slammed her helmet on over her head.

"I'm going out back to try to get some cover for the refugees," she said. Then she was jumping out of the Cassowary, slamming the door shut behind her and running into the deluge even as her head pulsed and pounded in time with the unearthly lightning that constantly stabbed overhead.

"Okay!" she shouted, waving her hands over her head to try to get their attention. "I need everyone to listen up! Gather into as small a group as you can, and..." Ash trailed off. The people were crying and panicking...some already starting to try to break away, take their chances in the woods or something. No one seemed to even know she was there.

"Guys! I'm going to..."

Several refugees stood up and started shouting conflicting orders, trying to get everyone to split up, run away....everything was going wrong.

Prosek's sweaty balls.

The sky over the refugee's heads suddenly caught fire, becoming a rippling sheet of flame. Ashley shouted, "EVERYONE FUCKING SHUT UP AND LISTEN!" As if on cue, a bolt of lighting lanced down, attracted by the use of power...it crashed over her armor, grounding out without doing more than making St Elmo's Fire blaze along her outline.

Forty terrified eyeballs moved to stare at Ashley.

"I'm making shelter. Everyone HUDDLE UP!"

She didn't give them time to think. In a way this was maybe even better. The anger gave her a clarity that cut through the pain and interference of the storm.

The trees whipping wildly around, suddenly all started bending towards the spot that the refugees cowered, unsure what to be more afraid of...the storm, or the burster. Wood groaned, then splintered, with sounds like gunfire, and the trunks sailed across to start piling up between the wind and rain and the people. Then another, and another. Each tree wrenched from the ground by telekinetic force, steaming and smoldering as Ashley yanked it across and drove it into the ground, or leaned it against others...creating a sort of improvised lean-to on a massive scale.

Lightning damage (in Cassowary) 2d6 = 3: 1, 2
Rolls: Psionics 12, Persuasion (Crit fail), Intimidation 4, 1 benny spent
Psionics 1d12-3 = 1: 4 or 1d6-3 = 0: 3
Extra Effort 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace 1d6 = 3: 3
Persuasion 1d6-1 = 0: 1 or 1d6-1 = 0: 1
Lightning falls; everyone dies 2d6 = 5: 3, 2
Intimidation 1d6-1 = 4: 5 or 1d6-1 = 2: 3

Vik

Post by Vik » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:34 am

Vigor 9, lightning just tickled
Vigor Check for being outside (taking a Benny)
Vigor 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Use that Benny for EE + Elan 1d6+4 = 9: 5
Damage 2d6 = 4: 2, 2
"Ruddy nob-warblers, what in the Miltonian hells is ... oh, shite-biscuits, the bloody ley line's a-'sploding!"

Roused from a drug-enhanced doze on the bow of the Cassowary, Vik's first instinct is to dive for cover ... which sends him off the edge of the vehicle and into the mud. As he claws his way out of the muck and back into a standing position, an errant bolt of ley line lightning nearly knocks him off his feet again.

"God's hairy hammock that was ... like a triple shot of Croatian speed and Jamaican sugarcane! Better'n a helpin' hand from a velveteen rabbit! Why'd they not teach us that in magickin' school?"

As he looks around, hoping for another blast, Vik realizes that not everyone in the caravan has his tolerance for the sort of spine-twisting buzz offered by the blue bolts of lightning.

"Oy, could be a mite much for the norms, as what ain't had 'nuffin keener than a cuppa java in a pinch. Now, what did they teach us 'bout this stuff in magickin' school?"

Thinking back on the time he spent at the Foundry learning the techo-wizardry basics, Vik realizes the blue bolts are behaving much like normal lightning, seeking to ground themselves in the earth, but seeking the path of least resistance to do so. People -- even norms with only a faint aura of background PPE -- are that path ... Unless Vik can give the bolts something better to follow.

Vik's eye lands on the Cassowary's cannon, strapped to the side, and his mind starts working -- surprisingly well, and at mach speed, to boot. Giving himself a shot of go-go juice, more to try to extend the buzz from the lightning than anything else, he quickly rigs up a simple but effective pulley that will carry the cannon away from the Cassowary and sling it into the mud at just the right angle to allow him to haul it upright with a minimum of effort.

"Have it right back, in mostly same shape, I'm sure, Ryder mate. Probably, unless somefin' I haven't thought of happens. Which it could, but maybe won't. I mean, who even knows what you don't know?"

With the cannon planted like a tree in the muck, he retrieves his bag of arcane bits and bobs and begins coating the 20-foot cylinder with whatever he can -- galvanic silver dust, oricalchum wire, some kind of grey-green oil he thinks might be narwhal blubber, or maybe heffalump spit.

Soon, blue bolts of energy are crashing into the pillar at increasing pace, grounding through the cannon rather than finding other targets -- other than Vik, who keeps a hand on the cannon and cackles, wild-eyed and breathless, as the mystical lightning surges through his brain.

"Oh my twisted testoster-bangles, this is grrrrrrrr -eat! Like a vibrato-erating pinkie round the back when you're just about to ... vicar's whiskers I think I just swallowed my right frontal lobe. We could make a fortune stuffing this in a pipe, I'm telling you mates!"

8 Successes - Kn: Arcana/Kn: Engineering/Techno-Wizardry
Kn: Arcana 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4 = 1 Success

Kn: Engineering 1d8 = 6: 6 = Ace! 1d6+6 = 12: 6 = Ace! 1d6+12 = 15: 3
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 = Ace! 1d6+6 = 12: 6 = Ace! 1d6+12 = 17: 5 = 4 Successes

Techno-Wizardry (Machine Maestro cancels out the -4) 1d10 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Benny to reroll + Elan
Techno-Wizardry 1d10+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Second Benny to reroll + Elan
Techno-Wizardry 1d10+2 = 6: 4
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6 = Ace! 1d6+8 = 11: 3 = 3 Successes

Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 2/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d10
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 10/20
Active Effects: +4d Shooting, +1d Agility, +2 Pace; quickness
Adventure Cards: 37 Villainous Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan; 33 Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

Karsk

Post by Karsk » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:28 am

Nazo wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:50 pm
Nazo wondering over to Karsk and shakes her head slowly deleting the last 5 minutes, ” Mind if I ride with you on our way out of here?”
Karsk is disturbed from his thoughts by Nazo and turns to look at the female Demon Queller

"Karsk appreciate company, Toad more reliable than vehicle." he responds, picking up a few items.

As they travel, Karsk is unaffected by the weather; it was a normal day for him, having travelled through worse.

vigour 6
OOC Comments
1d8-2 = 6: 8
1d6-2 = 3: 5
As the leyline storm struck
OOC Comments
notice 1d8-2 = 0: 2
1d6-2 = 1: 3

-2 visibility from rain
-1 fatigue
+1 from Toad
OOC Comments
Karsk has energy control water, but guessing any benefit would be offset by the Psionics penalty
Survival 12
OOC Comments
1d10+1 = 9: 8
1d6+1 = 7: 6 1d6 = 5: 5

-2 visibility from rain
-1 fatigue
+2 from Joker
Seeing how the rain and storm are hitting the area, Karsk has Toad stamp into the ground near where they are. the ground partly subsides, suddenly causing a redoubt to be created protecting people from the rain.

Riding
OOC Comments
1d8-5 = -3: 2
1d6-5 = -2: 3
As the ground subsides, providing protection from the rain and lightning, Toad stumbles on the uneven ground and lands on its side with a groan. Karsk was unable to prevent Toad from falling over, but managed to stay on the saddle.

3 successes

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:50 am

Hiding in the cassowary Thomas hate the building weather. People are good enough on their own to find shelter he assumes, but when he looks the fools are just standing around a bit like morons. Looking for their leaders and the people who actually have power Thomas gets to him and yells at him to get the people under control.

Then he begins working withe them looking for the right place to safely take the crews. However their resistance to his wisdom is frustrating and Thomas finds he really needs to poor it on to get them motivated. Ah, what foolish people.

-1 Fatigue, 3 successes, Lightning 6
Vigor 1d4-4 = -2: 2
Wild 1d6-4 = 1: 5 Extra Effort 1d6+1 = 3: 2

Politics to identify the movers and Shakers. +2 from joker
Politics 1d8+2 = 4: 2
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4

Survival to find proper shelter
Survival 1d8 = 6: 6
Wild 1d8 = 7: 7

Persuasion to get them moving. -2 from Club
Persuasion 1d8+4 = 5: 1
Wild 1d6+4 = 9: 5

Lightning Hates Me 2d6 = 6: 2, 4
Conditions
Charisma +6* (Persuasion d8+6)
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 18/20
Staff PPE: 0/10
Amulet PPE: 7/10
Vampire Slayer: 20/20

Active Effects( Ex Rapid Recharge + Conservation of Magical Energy + Wizard)
  • Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
    Greater Shape Change - currently a Young Adult Dragon
Bennies 1

KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:56 am

Date: October 4, 109 PA
Time: 1330
Weather: Normal for season (cool); high wind, heavy rain
Ley Line: Small: 2,000 feet wide, 200 feet tall, one mile long. Quarter mile to the northwest and three quarters to the southeast.
Scene modifiers: Ley Line Storm
  • Light: Dim -1 from the storm
  • Visibility: -2 for the rain
  • Any rolls to use electrical equipment suffer a −2 penalty, while trying to use Techno-Wizard items incurs a −4 penalty.
  • No one, including Ley Line Walkers, can tap into the extra PPE of a ley line.
  • Any attempt to use magic or mystical power requires a roll on the Ley Lines Storm Effect on Magic table (GM Handbook, p. 86)
  • Psionics suffer a -2 to all Psionics skill rolls and an overall Fatigue level that goes away after 10 minutes out of the area of the storm.
Round 0

Bravely facing the storm, working together, the Trailblazers manage to get all the refugees protected and into some form of shelter. As the ley line storm begins to ebb, it gives one last furious gasp, lancing purple ley lightning at the magic users again.
Ley lightning
All PPE users or those carrying magic items or TW items take another 2d6 MD lightning damage. Ad +16 MDC to your Toughness if you are inside the Cassowary.
Finally you are clear of the storm and have a moment to catch your breath and continue on your way home. For those gifted with psionics, their headaches and fatigue clear soon after.

Date: October 8, 109 PA
Time: 1911
Weather: Normal for season (cool); light wind, light rain
Ley Line: None
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dark -2 from the cloud cover
  • Visibility: -1 for the rain
Round 0

Four days of travel after the ley line storm finds the Trailblazers and their refugees a few miles south of the ruins of Kansas City and the river crossing of Baldur’s Ferry. The day was overcast and the cool fall rain started again, along with a light wind as the sun set. The group pushed on a bit more before grumbling from the refugees led the caravan to pull up in the yard of an farmstead. The clouds covered the moon and stars, leaving the night especially dark, and the wind sighed and rattled in the trees, the leaves now turning, dry and rattling eerily as the refugees and Trailblazers unloaded from the Cassowary, eager perhaps for a true home-cooked meal.

The house and barn still stood and looked to be in good condition, apparently a prosperous farm from the fields full of corn. The pasture was empty, though, and no light shone from any of the buildings, and no one greeted the group with a laser rifle demanding to know what they wanted.
Instructions
  • Feel free to give me some Notice rolls. What do you want to do?
  • I still need info on what kind of Specialty Libraries you guys want. You get 6. They start at Starter (-1). Each additional library can either add a new library at -1 or add +1 to an existing library, up to +4. Ryder has chosen Repair for his Specialty Library. Or you could add to the general Starter Library up to +4 (this would apply only to Investigation as opposed to a Knowledge roll).
  • Cassowary Severe Failure: Anything done with the Cassowary (driving, weapons, sensors) suffers −4 to all Trait rolls. It will take 5 days to fix, Repair -4 and cost 400,000 credits in parts.
  • Remember your Fatigue levels! I gave everyone with Psionics their automatic Fatigue level.
  • Summary of Penalties (they stack)
    • Light: -2
    • Rain: -1

[/list]
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

Nazo

Post by Nazo » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:03 am

Leyline damage: 2d6 = 6: 4, 2
Notice 5
Notice +2 alertness. Rain does not seem to be a “storm”. Going to the barn with Karsk. 1d6+2 = 4: 2 wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4 has sixth sense.
Despite being zapped by more lightning Nazo seems content riding on Toad with Karsk siliently drinking the a bit of liquor now and then. Its nice that the Simvan does not talk too much. The quite seemed to do her good as the last time in the library she had almost chopped Thomas’ head off. Love it seemed was a tangled web and despite her best intentions Charlegemainge was right. Romance in this group was impossible. Ash would remain forever an unpeeled onion. Thomas a man out of her league. She took another swing of the foul tasting gut rot wishing she had asked Vik for some of his stores.

At the sight of the barn she hopped off road with a light feather touch. In perfect simvan she said using her psychic gifts, ” Thank you toad for the relaxing ride. Karsk let’s go check out the barn.” She headed to the barn with all her armor and weapons (sheathed) expecting the unexpected.
Combat info

+1 post rate
-1 quick combat
-1 for armor power

Ryder

Post by Ryder » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:13 am

Notice 16, 18 for Traps
Notice 1d8 = 8: 8 ACE 1d8+8 = 14: 6
Wild Notice 1d6 = 4: 4
(Add +2 for EDS, and additional +2 for Traps)
Note: Danger Sense
Once they've pulled up, Ryder frowns at the all-quiet farm in such good condition. He turns to the refugees. "Okay, I know we're all cramped, so you can get out, but stay near the vehicle, and don't pull out any of your camping gear just yet. If there's trouble here, I want you all loaded back in the Cass in 10 seconds, not half an hour, okay?"

Turning to Ashley, he nods. "Figure we need to scope out the house. No way they didn't see us coming, so I'm concerned there may be an issue--we'd either have been welcomed or challenged if all was right with the world. I got scanners in my head that give me a tip-off, so let me go first, but I'd love to have some strong back-up there."

With that said, he hops out and draws his GAW, pointing it downward in as non-threatening fashion as a three-mode shotgun can be, and starts for the house.
Ryder
Quick Stats
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
  • Cybernetics:
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)

Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:03 am

Ashley glanced at Ryder, a little surprised, but nodded.

"I dunno...seems quiet, maybe they're just hiding in the basement. Or maybe they already moved on." She didn't mention the other possibility...that they were all dead already. There wasn't a reason to...it was the most likely, after all.

She followed him towards the farmhouse, sparing a glance at Nazo and Karsk as they headed towards the barn. It felt off. Maybe it was just paranoia, but...

As they headed to the house, Ashley opened her mind to the world around her, trying to tell if there was anything to her nagging premonitions of doom, or if things really were as quiet as they seemed...

(Using Detect Arcana; will roll Notice too)
Rolls: Detect Arcana 8, Notice 17, 2 ISP spent
Detect Arcana: 1d12 = 8: 8 or 1d6 = 1: 1
Notice 1d6 = 2: 2 or 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 6: 6
So noticeworthy 1d6 = 5: 5

Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Barinthasheer » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:38 pm

Lightning damage 9
2d6 = 9: 4, 5
Notice
Notice 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Arriving at the farm even Bari think's it a bit odd there are no animals or people. "This is oddly peaceful. Much better than all the yelling and shooting when I normally go to a farm." When the group starts to split he's torn, who knows what amazing things could be in either building. He decides the one with the very large door might be a better idea and he wheels towards Nazo and Karsk, landing with a thud. "Hey guys, what do you think is in there? Will they be friendly? Should I turn small?" After several uneventful days the boy dragon was eager for an adventure or mystery.
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Sparks and Zaps
Damage 2d6 = 9: 5, 4
Notice = Fail
Notice 1d8-3 = 3: 6

Light: -2 Rain: -1
"Nah, Berry, you should walk over there and open one of those big doors for us while nice and armored. Your invulnerability will do a lot better for you than being squishy."

OOC Comments
@Barinthasheer
Conditions
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

• Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
Bennies 1

Nazo

Post by Nazo » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:22 pm

Barinthasheer wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:38 pm
Lightning damage 9
Original post: 2d6 = 9: 4, 5
Notice
Notice Original post: 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild Original post: 1d6 = 2: 2
Arriving at the farm even Bari think's it a bit odd there are no animals or people. "This is oddly peaceful. Much better than all the yelling and shooting when I normally go to a farm." When the group starts to split he's torn, who knows what amazing things could be in either building. He decides the one with the very large door might be a better idea and he wheels towards Nazo and Karsk, landing with a thud. "Hey guys, what do you think is in there? Will they be friendly? Should I turn small?" After several uneventful days the boy dragon was eager for an adventure or mystery.
Nazo quietly whispers, ” Do not give up that which gives you your greatest strength. But if something does come and I or Karsk do not yell attack hold because they may attack out of fear of not knowing better. We would not want to hold that against anyone.” She smiles slightly, ” Last thing we want is for you to eat a farmer defending his family.”
Combat info

+1 post rate
-1 quick combat
-1 for armor power

Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Barinthasheer » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:58 pm

Nazo wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:22 pm

Nazo quietly whispers, ” Do not give up that which gives you your greatest strength. But if something does come and I or Karsk do not yell attack hold because they may attack out of fear of not knowing better. We would not want to hold that against anyone.” She smiles slightly, ” Last thing we want is for you to eat a farmer defending his family.”

Chuckling at her friendly jibe "I would not hurt people for being afraid and protecting themselves, I just leave. Even bad people like WildBill when I was alone. Now I would stop them from hurting you guys, if it was scared but maybe nice people I would try not to hurt them when doing so."
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

Vik

Post by Vik » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:12 pm

No damage, Notice 12 with detect arcana
LIghtning damage 2d6 = 5: 2, 3

Activating detect arcana optics on his rifle (+4 MM out of combat)
TW 1d10+4 = 10: 6
Wild 1d6+4 = 5: 1

Notice, using the scope (+4 MM out of combat)
Notice 1d6+4 = 10: 6 = Ace! 1d6+10 = 13: 3
Wild 1d6+4 = 8: 4
Forgot -1 for rain (helmet takes care of the darkness) so total is 12.
"Buggering box-wallies. Feels like the ol' bladder's been locked in a boot and sat on by a overweight fishwife," Vik says, joints popping as he drops from the roof of the Cassowary and stretches.

He locks his helmet into place before taking a good long piss in the nearest bush, one hand on his rifle (the TW one) just in case the farm turns out unfriendly. Business done, he activates the arcane optics on the rifle and scans the area for any signs of inhabitants, ambushers or the like.
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
Adventure Cards: 37 Villainous Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan; 33 Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Barinthasheer » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:42 pm

Thomas wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:13 pm
Sparks and Zaps
Damage Original post: 2d6 = 9: 5, 4
Notice = Fail
Notice Original post: 1d8-3 = 3: 6
Wild Original post: 1d6-3 = 0: 3

"Nah, Berry, you should walk over there and open one of those big doors for us while nice and armored. Your invulnerability will do a lot better for you than being squishy."

With a big draconic grin Bari bounds back into the air and flies towards the barn. "An excellent Idea Mr. Thomas!"
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

Karsk

Post by Karsk » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:37 am

Notice 4
OOC Comments
1d8 = 2: 2
1d6 = 4: 4
Karsk kept quiet as they travelled out in front
Nazo wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:03 am
At the sight of the barn she hopped off road with a light feather touch. In perfect simvan she said using her psychic gifts, ” Thank you toad for the relaxing ride. Karsk let’s go check out the barn.” She headed to the barn with all her armor and weapons (sheathed) expecting the unexpected.
"Toad not speak. he tells Nazo, patting the giant creature on the head.

Karsk did get down from Toad, but urged the Rhino Buffalo forward after him, as he checked the area for sign of trouble.

"Wait, just because place looks quiet does not mean place is quiet."

Tracking 11
OOC Comments
1d10+2 = 5: 3
1d6+2 = 8: 6 1d6+8 = 11: 3
Survival 9
OOC Comments
1d10+2 = 4: 2
1d6+2 = 8: 6 1d6+8 = 9: 1

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:12 am

Barinthasheer wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:42 pm
With a big draconic grin Bari bounds back into the air and flies towards the barn. "An excellent Idea Mr. Thomas!"
Never having been a fan of taking risks, Thomas erects a shield around himself as Berry reaches out to open the door.

Activating armor, both results are raises
Powers up his Leather of Invulnerability (-1 PPE), Darksight, and Farsight

Ex Darksight (2 PPE -2 for raise = 0 PPE)
spellcasting 1d8+1 = 6: 5
wild 1d6+1 = 7: 6 Ace 1d6+7 = 12: 5

Ex Farsight (6 PPE -2 for raise = 4 PPE)
spellcasting 1d8+1 = 8: 7
wild 1d6+1 = 2: 1

PPE drawn 50% from staff and 50% from Thomas (3/2 respectivly)
Last edited by Thomas on Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Conditions
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

• Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
Bennies 1

Nazo

Post by Nazo » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:09 am

Barinthasheer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Sparks and Zaps
Notice = Fail

Nazo seethes realizing now that Thomas while brave and bold is a moron. Having the dragon burst in was perhaps the worst idea. They only way to make it worse would be to have Toad come bounding in hot on his heels, ”Barry Stop!!!!”

Nazo forgetting any kind of stealth ran and bounded for the door as fast as she could trying to prevent Barry from making a possibly grievious error.

If I had time Thomas I would chid you for being a moron. Perhaps later, alone and in private.
Combat info

+1 post rate
-1 quick combat
-1 for armor power

Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Barinthasheer » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:45 pm

Nazo wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:09 am
Barinthasheer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Sparks and Zaps
Notice = Fail

Nazo seethes realizing now that Thomas while brave and bold is a moron. Having the dragon burst in was perhaps the worst idea. They only way to make it worse would be to have Toad come bounding in hot on his heels, ”Barry Stop!!!!”

Nazo forgetting any kind of stealth ran and bounded for the door as fast as she could trying to prevent Barry from making a possibly grievious error.

If I had time Thomas I would chid you for being a moron. Perhaps later, alone and in private.
Dropping back to the ground shortly before the door at Nazo's demand the dragon looks back to see what the problem is. "What is the problem, I can open the door. It does not look very heavy... Ohhh, if there are people in there it might not go well." It having been a week since anyone had run screaming from him the boy dragon had "forgotten" that it happens frequently when meeting new people. Why do humans have to be so easily frightened he wondered. Something else to ask Mr. Vik. Or maybe Ashley, Vik was nice and always tried to be helpful but Bari had learned that he wasn't exactly the best communicator.
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:35 am

Time: 1913
Scene modifiers:
Round 0
Locations
Let me know if I have these right:
At the House: Ryder, Ashley
At the Barn: Nazo, Karsk, Bari
In the Yard: Vik, Thomas, Charlemagne
Charlemagne stayed back to keep an eye on the vehicles, with Whiskey Pete and Mia offering backup and corralling the refugees to keep them safely out of the way while the Trailblazers investigated the farmstead.

At the house, Ryder and Ashley climbed up onto the porch. Ryder noticed it seems a bit...darker there. It was subtle. In one corner of the porch, behind what seemed to be a pile of firewood, he saw what looked to be a skull and pile of bones. It appeared to be from a dog.

Ashley noticed, too, that her armor night vision, while it worked, seemed to require more power than normal, the darkness slightly...thicker. That became apparent when she activated her mystic senses. There seemed to be magic leaking out of the house, and curtains of magical energy seemed to weave into the shadows inside the windows, thickening them. She thought she saw movement inside.

In the yard, Vik noticed the same threads of arcane energy in the air. They almost seem like thin black silk infusing the darkness, thickening it. He glanced over at the nearby corral and nudged Thomas. With his darksight and farsight Thomas could see skeletons in the pasture. They appeared to be cattle and horses.

As Karsk crossed the yard toward the barn, he studied the ground. He picked out small little divots in the soil, like something sharp. Further study seemed to indicate that they were from some many-legged creature about the size of a dog.

At the barn, Bari nearly charged right in, though Nazo stopped him. As she was warning Bari back, Nazo and Karsk thought they heard something inside the barn. Click, click, click.
Instructions
  • I still need info on what kind of Specialty Libraries you guys want. You get 6. They start at Starter (-1). Each additional library can either add a new library at -1 or add +1 to an existing library, up to +4. Ryder has chosen Repair for his Specialty Library. Or you could add to the general Starter Library up to +4 (this would apply only to Investigation as opposed to a Knowledge roll).
  • Cassowary Severe Failure: Anything done with the Cassowary (driving, weapons, sensors) suffers −4 to all Trait rolls. It will take 5 days to fix, Repair -4 and cost 400,000 credits in parts.
  • Remember your Fatigue levels! I gave everyone with Psionics their automatic Fatigue level.

[/list]
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Ryder

Post by Ryder » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:51 am

Notice Fail (except traps), Stealth 16 OR Strength 24
Rolls that might be needed:

Notice (+2 EDS, -2 Lighting):
Notice 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild Notice 1d6 = 2: 2
+2 for Traps: 5
-2 for Danger Sense: 1

Stealth (if door is either unlatched or unlocked, +2 for Thief):
Sneakiness 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Wild Stealth 1d6+2 = 8: 6 ACE 1d6+8 = 14: 6 ACE 1d6+14 = 16: 2

Kick in a Door (if latched and locked):
Strength 1d12+3 = 15: 12 ACE 1d12+15 = 24: 9
Wild Strength 1d6+3 = 7: 4

Ryder frowns at both the weird non-lighting and at the dog skull. "That cannot be a good sign. Think I'm gonna skip knocking, at this point." He gives a quick check to make sure Ash is still ready, then attempts to open the door--in order, pushing with the barrel of the gun, then reaching out with his off hand to turn the knob, then, if it's both latched and locked, attempting to kick it in, relying on the servos of the armor to do the job.
Ryder
Quick Stats
  • Cybernetics:
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:10 am

Thomas speaks out loud and over the radio so everyone can hear. "Um, guys we have a lot of undead here. I mean a whole lot. May want to be on guard."

The words spoken Thomas readies himself, things are about to get really bad. Moving backwards away from the barn Thomas makes sure he will not be in the middle of something real bad...

Knowledge Arcana to see if anything stands out
Knowledge Arcana 1d10 = 6: 6
Conditions
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

• Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
Bennies 1

Karsk

Post by Karsk » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:22 pm

notice 14
OOC Comments
1d8 = 8: 8 ace 1d8+8 = 14: 6
Karsk examines the dirt and finds something suspicious.

"Wait, something in there. Size of dog with more legs."

Karsk unslings his rifle and aims it at the barn. Karsk urged Toad to remain calm and not charge into the barn as Karsk activates the armour talisman.

Vik

Post by Vik » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:07 pm

"Might wanna strap a bonnet on, friend Tom, as it's lookin' as the proverbial shite 'pears to have struck the spinning blades of the fan to send a veritable cyclone of fecal-type things in our direction," Vik says, flipping down the visor on his own brain-bucket. "Shame if them lustrous locks got all be-shitted and ol' Naz went scratching up some other man-tree, wot."

Digging out his View-Master of Mastery, Vik zaps himself with a quick cram-sesh on target-shooting, before readying his rifle to cover the farmhouse.

+4d to Shooting from Boost Trait
TW 1d10, -2 MAP for drawing his device, but +4 for Machine Maestro (since we're still technically out of combat)

TW 1d10+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Benny to reroll with Elan
TW 1d10+4 = 10: 6
Wild 1d6+4 = 8: 4
Boost Trait with a Raise grants +4d Shooting, +2 Pace and +1d Agility; costs 5 PPE
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard

Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:15 pm

On hearing Thomas, Ashley adds her own warning. "I don't know about undead, but there's definitely some kind of...power, all woven into the shadows around the house. I think that's why it's hard to see around here. We're going to want to be careful."

Acting on those words, Ash concentrates...in her mind's eye she's building a sort of 'wall' around herself. The floorboards flex and groan under her, and flecks of dust and grit float lazily into the air to orbit the burster, propelled by the unseen forces she harnesses. After a moment's thought she reaches out to gingerly touch Ryder's shoulder and he too feels the air shiver around him. Sounds become slightly muffled, and a constant breeze starts tugging at him.

(Greater Armor on self and Ryder; 10 ISP spent)
1d12 = 4: 4 or 1d6 = 1: 1 for me (+5 MDC)
1d12 = 6: 6 or 1d6 = 5: 5 for Ryder (+5 MDC)

Nazo

Post by Nazo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:41 am

Click, Click, Click...

Nazo swiftly peers into the unseen sight a common enough place for Demons and their ilk to hide. But her prayers go unanswered. Something about this place seemed off. Her rosey lips frown slightly and she mutters to Karsk and Barry, ” Do you hear clicking sounds? Where are the shrieks or crys for help.” She points her soul forged dagger at Bari for emphasis that someone should be crying out for help thinking they were going to be a light snack for the large dragon.

She lightly steps a few paces away from the barn door oft to the right side of them, and summonds her prayer and training to make her skin harder than steel. Even Barry’s claws would have difficult penetrating her steel like hide.

She whispers urgently, ” Barry open the door. Prepare yourselves.”
OOC Comments
Detect Arcana(Free Action, at will no PPE): Mysticism 1d10 = 1: 1 wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Movement: Leap two inches to the right of the barn door, her weapons are already drawn.
Exalted Armor (Harden Skin): 1d10 = 3: 3 Wild 1d6 = 3: 3 Benny with Extra Effort(total): 1d6+5 = 9: 4
Combat info

+1 post rate
-1 quick combat
-1 for armor power

Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Barinthasheer » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:21 am

Nazo wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:41 am
Click, Click, Click...

Nazo swiftly peers into the unseen sight a common enough place for Demons and their ilk to hide. But her prayers go unanswered. Something about this place seemed off. Her rosey lips frown slightly and she mutters to Karsk and Barry, ” Do you hear clicking sounds? Where are the shrieks or crys for help.” She points her soul forged dagger at Bari for emphasis that someone should be crying out for help thinking they were going to be a light snack for the large dragon.

She lightly steps a few paces away from the barn door oft to the right side of them, and summonds her prayer and training to make her skin harder than steel. Even Barry’s claws would have difficult penetrating her steel like hide.

She whispers urgently, ” Barry open the door. Prepare yourselves.”
OOC Comments
Detect Arcana(Free Action, at will no PPE): Mysticism Original post: 1d10 = 1: 1 wild Original post: 1d6 = 2: 2
Movement: Leap two inches to the right of the barn door, her weapons are already drawn.
Exalted Armor (Harden Skin): Original post: 1d10 = 3: 3 Wild Original post: 1d6 = 3: 3 Benny with Extra Effort(total): Original post: 1d6+5 = 9: 4
When Nazo enhances her armor Bari take it as a que to use his own powers preemptively. He focuses his mental resources on boosting hi coordination and reflexes, then he extends the effect to also boost Nazo, Karsk, and Toad.
Cast Boost Fighting, success +1d type
Psionics 1d8 = 5: 5
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:26 am

Time: 1914
Scene modifiers:
Round 1

Charlemagne remained by the Cassowary with Mia and Whiskey Pete to protect the refugees, moving them behind the vehicle for cover from the farm yard, barn, and house.
Setup
We are doing this Theatre of the MInd. The “map” is divided in 3 discrete zones. Zone 1 is the House (Ryder, Ashley). Zone 2 is the Yard (No one). Zone 3 is the Barn (Everyone else). If it becomes necessary, the Cassowary is Zone 4 (Charlemagne, refugees), though I’m hoping to keep them out of the battle. Zone 2 is in the center and adjacent to 1 and 3, but 1 and 3 are not adjacent. It takes 1 Movement to move from one zone to the next (so 1 Movement to move from Barn to Yard and another Movement to move from Yard to House). Within the Zone is considered Short Range and increase the range by one per zone (so Medium range to shoot from the Barn to the House).
  • Zone 1: Ryder, Ashley, 10 Minions
  • Zone 2: No one
  • Zone 3: Nazo, Karsk, Toad, Vik, Barinthasheer, Thomas, Queen, 9 Minions
  • Zone 4: Charlemagne, Cassowary, Whiskey Pete, Mia, Refugees

Initiative
We’ll do side initiative. Players go first. Karsk and Bari got Jokers and get +2 to Trait and Damage rolls. Everyone gets 2 bennies!
As Ryder kicked in the door the house, whatever was inside let out a screech. It was hard to make out in the thick darkness, but he and Ashley could see skittering, multi-legged forms the size of dogs swarming around in the house, shadow black mandible clacking wickedly, multifaceted black eyes staring at them with malice and hunger. They could make out even more of the skittering things seeming to pull themselves out of the shadows of the dark house.

Over at the barn, the doors banged open and dog-sized skittering, multi-legged creatures surged out into the night to attack the Trailblazers, snapping sharp mandibles and swinging wickedly sharp legs. More seemed to pull themselves out of the darkness. In the back of the barn they could just make out a slightly larger creature giving a shriek of rage.
Instructions

[/list]

Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)(Greater Armor +5 MDC 3r) 8D
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)(Detect Arcana)(Greater Armor +10 MDC 3r) JD
Karsk/Toad (Quick)(Armor +4) Joker
Vik (Detect Arcana 3r) 4H
Charlemagne (Cyberkinetic -2)(On hiatus/NPC)
Barinthasheer Joker
Ashley (Detect Arcana 2r)(Greater Armor +5 MDC 3r) KS
Thomas (Ex Darksight, Ex Farsight) 4C
Whiskey Pete
Mia
Refugees

Enemies: Endless Rules: (+1d6 Minions on a Club)

Queen WC 3D
Minions (19) 8C
Maps
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 6/2
Mia 6/2
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Ryder

Post by Ryder » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:29 am

OOC Comments
Action to flip switch from Big Bore rounds to Buckshot rounds.
Shooting RoF 3 Buckshot, trying to take out three of the minions.
Modifiers: MAP -2, Helmet +2, Buckshot +2, Recoil 0, Illumination (0 or -2, if darkness is magical in nature and trumps nightvision armor mode)
Burns 9 shots, functionally emptying one row of ammo; 1 row buckshot, 2 Big Bore and 1 slug remaining
Shooting RoF 3 1d12+2 = 4: 2
Shooting RoF 3 1d12+2 = 11: 9
Shooting RoF 3 1d12+2 = 12: 10
Wild Shooting 1d6+2 = 8: 6 ACE 1d6+8 = 11: 3

All three shots hit with a Raise, even if there was an Illumination penalty:
Damage 1 3d8+2 = 13: 8, 1, 2 + 1d6 = 3: 3 ACE Running Total 1d8+16 = 20: 4 Damage 20
Damage 2 3d8+2 = 18: 8, 7, 1 + 1d6 = 3: 3 ACE Running Total 1d8+21 = 25: 4 Damage 25
Damage 3 3d8+2 = 19: 7, 4, 6 + 1d6 = 2: 2 Damage 21
As the nasties come skittering and screeching out of the darkness, Ryder flips the switch almost on pure muscle-memory--buckshot being the way to go with small hordes of things like this, if you don't have a grenade launcher handy. He then lays down a withering burst of gunfire, nearly clearing one of the GAW's rows of ammunition as he puts a punishing hit on the three closest spider-demon-things.
Ryder
Quick Stats
  • Cybernetics:
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:

Vik

Post by Vik » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:56 am

Rolls
Activating Quickness, then firing at ROF 3 with his magma blaster at creepy-crawlies in the barn; Round 2 he shoots again at ROF 3.

Quickness (1d10 +2 MM -2 MAP)
Techno-Wizardry 1d10 = 10: 10 = Ace! 1d10+10 = 18: 8 = Success with a Raise; Redraw Initiative if under 8

Magma Blaster (Shooting is up to 1d12+2 base, +2 from armor, +2 to hit from gun, +2 MM, armor negates darkness penalty, gun grants Rock'N'Roll to negate autofire penalty, -2 MAP)
Shooting 1 1d12+6 = 15: 9 = Hit with a Raise
Shooting 2 1d12+6 = 12: 6 = Hit with a Raise
Shooting 3 1d12+6 = 7: 1
Wild 1d12+6 = 8: 2 = Subbing in for #3 for a Hit with a Raise

Round 2 Magma Blaster
Shooting 1 1d12+8 = 20: 12 = Ace! 1d12+20 = 31: 11 = Hit with a Raise
Shooting 2 1d12+8 = 15: 7 = Hit with a Raise
Shooting 3 1d12+8 = 13: 5 = Hit with a Raise
Wild 1d12+8 = 18: 10 = Copy Pasta error, should have been 1d6+8, but not needed anyway

DAMAGE ROLLS (6 hits, all raises)
3d8+4 = 16: 2, 3, 7+ 1d6 = 2: 2 = 18 damage, AP 7
3d8+4 = 10: 4, 1, 1+ 1d6 = 2: 2 = 12 damage, AP 7 = Using a Benny to reroll 3d8+4 = 18: 4, 2, 8+ 1d6 = 2: 2 = Ace! 1d8+20 = 26: 6 = 26 damage, AP 7
3d8+4 = 17: 2, 8, 3+ 1d6 = 1: 1 = Ace! 1d8+18 = 20: 2 = 20 damage, AP 7
3d8+4 = 19: 4, 4, 7+ 1d6 = 2: 2 = 21 damage, AP 7
3d8+4 = 8: 1, 1, 2+ 1d6 = 4: 4 = 12 damage, AP 7 = Using a Benny to reroll 3d8+4 = 21: 4, 6, 7+ 1d6 = 2: 2 = 23 damage, AP 7
3d8+4 = 15: 8, 1, 2+ 1d6 = 3: 3 = Ace! 1d8+18 = 26: 8 = Ace! 1d8+26 = 33: 7 = 33 damage, AP 7

Gained and used 2 Bennies; -5 PPE; 18 shots used; quickness is active
"Hope none of you wags is 'rachnophobic, for looks like the ol' farm is fair infested, like. Size of dogs, them, wif' enough legs and wicky-ticky mandibles to make me balls shrivel up in me armpit, eh? Time for some rock-n-roll, I warrant," Vik says.

Toggling the audio-playback setting on his HUD -- and inadvertently broadcasting it at high volume on the group channel -- he slams his Hype-Me-Up Hypo into his leg (uses his quickness device) then lifts his Magma Blaster to his shoulder.

"Anyone care to wager?" he says, barely audible over the music -- which is then nearly drowned out by the rapid-fire burst of magma he sprays into the barn, obliterating half a dozen of the spider-things.

[Vik hits 6 times with raises. Used the 2 Bennies we got to reroll a couple of damage totals. Damage is as follows (AP 7 on all attacks): 18; 26; 20; 21; 23; 33]
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard

Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:49 pm

"Oh hell no," Ash blurted on seeing the skittering somethings in the house. "Ryder, stand back!"

She held her hands out, and then the world was fire...blindingly bright, shrieking into the room in the house and flowering in blossoms that engulfed every spider-thing she could see!

Rolls: Psionics 5, 9, 9; 3 ISP and 1 benny spent
1 ISP per blast for a Medium Template, positioning the blasts to cover...between the three of them...the entire room. Critters at the very near end or the very far end might only be hit by one, but their areas do overlap towards the edges of each AoE
Psionics 1d12 = 1: 1 for 6d6 = 17: 2, 3, 2, 2, 2, 6
Psionics 1d12 = 1: 1 for 6d6 = 21: 3, 5, 4, 2, 6, 1
Psionics 1d12 = 9: 9 for 6d6 = 19: 1, 4, 3, 3, 3, 5

Probably worth bennying that, lol
1d12 = 1: 1 and 6d6 = 21: 3, 1, 4, 4, 3, 6 damage
1d12 = 9: 9 and 6d6 = 21: 4, 4, 3, 4, 4, 2 damage + 1d6 = 2: 2 raise
1d12 = 9: 9 and 6d6 = 23: 3, 5, 3, 5, 2, 5 damage + 1d6 = 5: 5 raise
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5 Subbing that in for the first roll of the set

Note, I rolled damage with the attacks, so I'm not sure in hindsight which should be used with the reroll...an argument could be made that the first set of damage should be attached to the rerolls. I'll let the GM decide how to handle that. In that case just add the raise rolls to the last two damage rolls of the first set. It's not complicated at all! :)

Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Barinthasheer » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:36 pm

Bari stands near the front and eyes the larger one in the barn. Vik's salvo into the mass of bug things does little to stall them but does thin their numbers. Confident that Karsk, Nazo, and Toad have the remaining horde handled, he crouches and awaits the beasts move.
OOC Comments
Bari is going on hold, if the queen rushes he will intercept her.

As to the Library, Bari grabbed anything so general for his addition.
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:44 am

Still trying to get distance between himself and the danger when the Spiders started coming out Thomas knew holding back would only get himself killed. Concentrating on the power stored within his Scepter h suddenly began to grow increasing his size by a hundred times, his skin folding within itself to be replaced by giant red scales, as his body elongated and wings sprouted forth. With a mighty swing of his tail he smashed as many spiders as he could. Before springing off the ground into flight.

Finally coming to rest about 50' in the air Thomas looks down at the spiders and confirms. "I think it would be best if we burned all the buildings in the area to the ground and ensure they have note infested more of them."

OOC Comments
Base cost of spell 9 PPE from Sceptor
Spell Casting 1d10+1 = 10: 9 Forgot -2 so 7 total
Wild 1d6+1 = 4: 3

Tail Sweep 2
Fighting 1d10-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Conditions
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

• Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
Bennies 1

Nazo

Post by Nazo » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:56 am

Nazo’s training is not without. She refrains from useless words as her teammates are warriors in themselves and know what to do, even the child Barry is well prepared for this moment. Except for Thomas... Sadly she shakes her head at Thomas’ growth and then corresponding tail sweep. ” Thomas you may be Handsome and heroic as any that travel but... If we work together you will have greater effect.”

The taping of many legs gives her pause only in so much that she frowns worried about who used to live in this area. She uses a rather simple but normally effective spell carpet of adhesion to tangle up as many spiders she can. Then readies herself for their counter punch.

Mystic 12 1d10 = 5: 5 1 joker Benny for Extra Effort with Elan 1d6+2 = 7: 5wild 1d6 = 2: 2 4 ppts spent for a medium burst template catching as many spiders as possible.
GM Rules for Entangle
The arcane skill roll is opposed by the target's Agility. Success indicates partial restraint so that the target suffers a –2 penalty to Pace and skills linked to Agility and Strength. A raise restrains the target fully. He cannot move or use any skills linked to Agility or Strength. Each following action, an entangled target may make a Strength or Agility roll to break free. Other characters may also attempt to free the ensnared person by making a Strength roll at –2. For 2 Power Points entangle targets a single opponent. For 4 points it affects everyone in a Medium Burst Template.
Combat info

+1 post rate
-1 quick combat
-1 for armor power

Karsk

Post by Karsk » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:33 pm

Karsk opens up with the GAW Throwback using buckshot with three lots of three round bursts, stepping forward to blast large numbers of spiders to pieces
OOC Comments
Shooting 3x 3rnd bursts
1d6+4 = 9: 5 3d8+2 = 12: 4, 1, 5
1d6+4 = 10: 6 3d8+2 = 11: 1, 5, 3 raise 1d6 = 3: 3
1d6 = 4: 4 3d8+2 = 20: 5, 5, 8 1d8 = 4: 4

wild dice 1d6 = 2: 2
Toad took the shriek of the creature in the barn as a challenge. Toad bellows a response as it barrels forwarded, leaping 6" over the spiders and straight at the creature in the barn.
OOC Comments
Leap: Their powerful legs allow RhinoBuffalos to leap up to 6”!
Fighting 1d8 = 1: 1

If successful
1d12+6 = 8: 2 +4 if able to move at least 6" in the runup
2d6 = 7: 2, 5

KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:19 am

Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dark -2 from the cloud cover, -6 from Greater Obscure
Round 1

Zone 1: House - Ryder, Ashley (shaken), 10 spider-creatures (5 shaken, 9 unharmed)

Ryder kicked in the door of the house. Spider-like creatures scrambled in the darkness, hissing and clicking. His shotgun opened up, striking three of the creatures. They should have been splattered into a fine mist, but it seemed to pass through their shadowy forms to little effect. They did skitter away from him a bit, but seemed unharmed.

Ashley’s fire blazed nearly out of control, engulfing the house and all the spiders in flame. She pushed so much power into it, she felt as if her brain was on fire, leaving her staggered. But for all that effort, the spiders skittered out of the inferno, seemingly unharmed.

Five of the spiders seemed to shake off the flames. They hissed, and one exhaled a deep black substance. Inky blackness spread over the entire area. The flames still burned hotly in the house, but they could no longer be seen.

The spiders didn’t seem affected by the darkness as two of the spiders shot black, shadowy silk at Ryder and Ashley. Ryder managed to evade, but Ashley was hit. The webbing hit her hard, but failed to penetrate the mega-damage armor. However, it was incredibly copious and sticky black substance.
Ashley
Make an Agility roll TN 4 or be Fully Entangled (Greater Entangle)
Four more spider creatures seem to claw their way out of the shadows. With her magical vision, Ashley noticed a small, black rift in the darkness outlined by magic that they crawled through.

Zone 3: Barn - Nazo, Karsk, Toad, Vik, Barinthasheer, Thomas, Queen, 9 spider-creatures (7 shaken, fully entangled [can’t move/use Agi/Str skills], 2 partially entangled [-2 to Pace, Agi, Str skills], 9 unharmed)

Vik buffed himself up and then, as the barn doors flew open, he opened up. His magma blaster shot out hot magma, striking six of the spider creatures. It drove them back, but seemed to pass rather harmlessly through their shadowy forms.

Barinthasheer stood ready, guarding the barn doors, eying the slightly larger spider creature at the back of the barn.

Thomas transformed himself into a dragon and spun around, swatting at the spiders with his tail, but he was unpracticed in this form and his tail went high above them.

Nazo opened up with her carpet of adhesion, sending the sticky fluid over rush of minions, managing to slow or entangle the entire mass of spider creatures.

Karsk followed that up with his shotgun, blasting at the spiders. While it seemed to startle the spiders, it again seemed to pass harmlessly through their shadowy forms.

Toad gave a roar, leaped over the entangled spider creatures to the slightly larger one at the back, but the queen seemed to skitter out of the way.

Two of the spiders manage to shake off their stun. One of them exhales a deep, inky darkness that covers the area.

The queen lashed out at Toad with sharp mandibles, catching only thick hide and fur and doing no damage.

Nine more spider creatures crawled their way out of a rift in the shadows. Those with magical vision up could see the outline of the magic in the darkness.

ROUND 2
Setup
We are doing this Theatre of the MInd. The “map” is divided in 3 discrete zones. Zone 1 is the House (Ryder, Ashley). Zone 2 is the Yard (No one). Zone 3 is the Barn (Everyone else). If it becomes necessary, the Cassowary is Zone 4 (Charlemagne, refugees), though I’m hoping to keep them out of the battle. Zone 2 is in the center and adjacent to 1 and 3, but 1 and 3 are not adjacent. It takes 1 Movement to move from one zone to the next (so 1 Movement to move from Barn to Yard and another Movement to move from Yard to House). Within the Zone is considered Short Range and increase the range by one per zone (so Medium range to shoot from the Barn to the House).

Initiative
Players go first in Round 2. You got really high initiative, but lots of Clubs, so per Endless rules, more baddies!
Instructions
    • Light: -8

[/list]

Combat Notes

Initiative:

Barinthasheer HOLD
Charlemagne (Cyberkinetic -2)(On hiatus/NPC) AC
Ashley (Detect Arcana 2r)(Greater Armor +5 MDC) KC
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)(Greater Armor +5 MDC) 10S
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)(Detect Arcana)(Greater Armor +10 MDC) 110H
Thomas (Ex Darksight, Ex Farsight)(Dragon shapeshift) 10D
Karsk/Toad (Quick)(Armor +4) 9C
Vik (Detect Arcana 3r) 7C
Whiskey Pete
Mia
Refugees

Queen WC (Parry 8; Toughness: 8 (3)) 8C
Minions (19) (Parry: 6; Toughness: 9 (2)) 6C
Maps
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 6/8
Queen: 2/2
Whiskey Pete 6/2
Mia 6/2
MBT for Nazo's Entangle 8
2d4 = 8: 4, 4
Agility vs Entangle
OOC Comments
Agility 1d6 = 1: 1
Agility 1d6 = 6: 6
Agility 1d6 = 5: 5
Agility 1d6 = 2: 2
Ace 1d6+6 = 7: 1
Ace 1d6+6 = 11: 5
Ace 1d6+6 = 10: 4
House spiders unshake
Spirit 1d6 = 1: 1
Spirit 1d6 = 4: 4
Spirit 1d6 = 2: 2
Spirit 1d6 = 5: 5
Spirit 1d6 = 3: 3
Greater Obscure 4
Shooting at Ryder 3
Shooting 1d6 = 3: 3
Shooting at Ashley 4
Damage: None, because MD armor
Barn spiders unshake
Greater Obscure 3 screw it. The other one will try.
GM benny to reroll 1d6 = 1: 1
GM Benny to reroll 1d6 = 3: 3
Greater Obscure 11
Spirit 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 11: 5
Queen bites at Toad 6 Hit
Fighting 1d12+1 = 6: 5
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Damage 3
2d6 = 3: 1, 2
More baddies!
House 3d6 = 4: 1, 2, 1

Barn 3d6 = 9: 5, 2, 2
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:09 am

Thomas's draconic body bursts into flames as the darkness wells out from the spiders. He could dispel the effect, but the risk of affecting his allies gear is too high. Instead he decides to burst into flames as he sweeps down and lands with a stomp his tail lashing the queen and knocking her down.

Tail Slash 2" by 4" AOE, fighting 4, 35 Mega Damage
-2 MAP
Activating Flaming Scales

Fighting Attack d10, -2 MAP = d10-2. This is an AOE attack that ignores size modifier.
Fighting 1d10-2 = 4: 6
Reroll
Fighting 1d10-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Reroll again
Fighting 1d10-2 = 2: 4
Wild 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Last Reroll critical failure cannot be rerolled :(
Fighting 1d10-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1

Damage 1d12+8 = 14: 6 + 1d8 = 5: 5 + 3d6 = 14: 6, 3, 5 Mega Damage
Ace 1d6+33 = 35: 2

Note: If flame scales is not available, then the to hit number would be 6 instead of 4.
Tail Lash
Tail Lash*: The dragon can sweep all opponents in his rear facing in a 2” long by 4” wide rectangle. This is a Fighting attack which ignores size penalties, doing Str+d8 (Mega Damage).
Flaming Scales
Flaming Scales: Flame Wind Dragons can immolate themselves, their scales alight with terrible fire. The fire acts like a damage field, but it does 3d6 Mega Damage. Dragons can maintain such a field indefinitely.
Conditions
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

• Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
Bennies 1

Nazo

Post by Nazo » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:47 am

A rift just in time...

Not wanting to really injure anyone Nazo watches Thomas flitting about pretending to be a dragon. I wonder if becoming a dragon also warped his mind? Still those scales... Sigh just something really nice looking about them. Despite her feelings about Thomas’ heroic but I’ll timed antics she spies the rift through the darkness. Before the gates of the barn she holds her blades in front of her warding off any attack and speaks the words her master taught her and his before him and so forth.” kamikamakia, Kimikamakia, Kamikamakia!”
Mystic 1d10 = 2: 2 wild 1d6 = 6: 6 ace 1d6 = 6: 6 ace 1d6 = 4: 4

He bright light red at first, orange and then piercing white erupts from her bladed hands and pours into the barn. Banish the Horde!

Will add rules later on, but banish the horde opposed spirit rolls vs 16 in a LBT failure: return to their native home/plane.
Combat info

+1 post rate
-1 quick combat
-1 for armor power

Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Barinthasheer » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:21 am

Bari considers using fire on the entangled creatures but is unsure if he'd light the barn on fire and not wanting to hurt Toad he instead opts for a more physical approach. Stepping up to the entangled mass he spins around and lets his mighty tail sweep through them.
Tail sweep 35, 24 MD
Fighting 1d12 = 12: 12 Ace 1d12+12 = 24: 12 Ace 1d12+24 = 35: 11
Damage 1d6 = 6: 6 1d12+4 = 10: 6 1d8 = 7: 7 Ace 1d6+23 = 24: 1
The attack smashes through the enmeshed spider-beasts sending broken bits of chitin flying. Looking back he gives one that is still twitching a final smack.
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan » Wed May 01, 2019 5:06 pm

Agility 1d6 = 1: 1 or 1d6 = 3: 3

Ashley is gummed up pretty good by the alien goo. In response she grits her teeth behind her helmet and bursts into an intense yellow-white flame!

(Activating Fire Aura for 3 ISP to add +6 MD but more importantly do 3d6 = 14: 5, 6, 3 mega-damage fire to that stuff which is touching her! There's an Ace ( 1d6 = 3: 3) but since this is an object I suspect the ace doesn't count)

Ryder

Post by Ryder » Thu May 02, 2019 10:06 pm

Agility Trick 5
Agility Trick 1d10 = 5: 5
Wild Trick 1d6 = 2: 2
Ryder was about to try to help Ashley, but as she goes super-nova, he realizes that might not be a great idea. Instead, he gets on the radio. "Gunfire don't do crap, and not sure if Ashley's actually burning them at all or not!" Then, over his suit's speakers, he adds, in a very loud shout, "Every civilian needs to get in the Cassowary, NOW--if you have stuff you took out, leave it there!"

As they back out, he flips the selector to solid-slugs and tries shooting some holes in the floor in front of the approaching spider-things, hoping to at least make them pause for a moment.
Ryder
Quick Stats
  • Cybernetics:
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:

Vik

Post by Vik » Fri May 03, 2019 9:35 am

"That ain't right," Vik says, as the spiders appear to be unaffected by his magical ammunition. "The buggering bugs ain't abiding by the like, rightful rules of reality. It's like, a social compact."

Muttering about "barsterd 'fings from a Rift," he flips the toggle on his GhosTek Tactical Combat Optics to 11 and takes another look, interested to see what the spiders' auras will reveal about their nature and powers.

TW 10
Dropping detect arcana, Techno-Wizardry to activate exalted detect arcana (4 PPE from gun reservoir)
Techno-Wizardry 1d10+2 = 10: 8
Wild 1d6+2 = 7: 5
[A Raise on exalted detect arcana means Vik learns: What kind of magic is at work; currently active powers; general type of creature; any enchantments present; how much PPE/ISP they possess; any general susceptibilities, including Weaknesses and ways to bypass Invulnerability.]
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard

KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor » Tue May 07, 2019 3:47 am

Opposed Agility Trick vs Ryder
Agility 1d6 = 3: 3
Agility 1d6 = 5: 5
Agility 1d6 = 4: 4
LBT for Banish targets 2 minions
2d6 = 2: 1, 1
Roll of a 1 means the Queen is one of the targets: 2d10 = 8: 4, 4
Spirit rolls Spirit 1d6 = 3: 3, Spirit 1d6 = 4: 4
Zone 1 unshake
Ace 1d6+6 = 12: 6
Ace 1d6+12 = 16: 4
Zone 3 unshake
Shooting and Greater Entangle on Ryder 5, 11 damage
Shooting 1d6 = 3: 3
GM Benny for EE 1d6+3 = 5: 2
Damage 2d8 = 11: 4, 7
5 attacks on Ryder
Fighting 1d8 = 5: 5
Fighting 1d8 = 8: 8
Ace 1d8+8 = 11: 3
Fighting 1d8 = 3: 3
Fighting 1d8 = 8: 8
Ace 1d8+8 = 15: 7
Fighting 1d8 = 7: 7
Damage 1 1d10 = 2: 2 + 1d6 = 4: 4
Damage 2 1d10 = 6: 6 + 1d6 = 2: 2
Raise Damage 3 1d10 = 3: 3 + 2d6 = 11: 6, 5
Ace 1d6+14 = 19: 5
Raise Damage 4 1d10 = 5: 5 + 2d6 = 6: 1, 5
5 attacks on Ashley
Fighting 1d8 = 6: 6
Fighting 1d8 = 2: 2
Damage 1 1d10 = 9: 9 + 1d6 = 3: 3
Damage 2 1d10 = 9: 9 + 1d6 = 4: 4
Damage 3 1d10 = 2: 2 + 1d6 = 3: 3
Damage 4 1d10 = 8: 8 + 1d6 = 5: 5
3 try to break Entangle
Strength 1d10 = 8: 8
Strength 1d10 = 2: 2
Strength 1d10 = 6: 6
Shooting and Greater Entangle on Nazo
Shooting 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Damage 2d8 = 6: 2, 4
Fighting vs Nazo
Fighting 1d8-2 = 2: 4
Damage 1d10 = 9: 9 + 1d6 = 4: 4
Shooting and Greater Entangle on Karsk
Shooting 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 10: 4
Damage 2d8 = 7: 2, 5
Raise 1d6+7 = 9: 2
Fighting vs Karsk
Damage 1d10 = 9: 9 + 1d6 = 4: 4
Shooting and Greater Entangle on Toad
Shooting 1d6 = 4: 4
Damage 2d8 = 6: 3, 3
Fighting vs Toad
Fighting 1d8 = 2: 2
Damage 1d10 = 10: 10 + 1d6 = 4: 4
Ace 1d10+14 = 15: 1
Shooting and Greater Entangle on Vik
Shooting 1d6 = 1: 1
Damage 2d8 = 13: 8, 5
Shooting and Greater Entangle on Barinthasheer
Shooting 1d6 = 2: 2
Damage 2d8 = 10: 6, 4
Shooting and Greater Entangle on Thomas
Shooting 1d6 = 5: 5
Damage 2d8 = 9: 2, 7
Queen Shooting Bari
Shooting 1d12+1 = 11: 10
Damage 3d8 = 14: 2, 4, 8 AP 2 MD
Ace 1d8+14 = 20: 6 + Raise 1d6 = 5: 5
BAD GUYS WON INITIATIVE - ROUND 3
Zone 1 unshake
I think I am hitting a roll cap.
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Karsk

Post by Karsk » Tue May 07, 2019 4:24 am

Karsk swears as he unloads a chunk of shotgun ammo at the creatures to no effect.
"Useless junk." he snarls

Marshalling his psychic strength, he hurls a psychic bolt at the creature facing Toad in the barn. Kill the mother, children easier to deal with.

Psionics 30 Damage 22 MDC
OOC Comments
8 ISP for mega bolt and +2 bonus

1d10+2 = 9: 7
1d6+2 = 8: 6 1d6 = 6: 6 1d6+14 = 20: 6 20+1d6 = 26: 6 26+1d6 = 30: 4

6d6 = 20: 4, 1, 4, 2, 5, 4 1d6+20 = 22: 2
Toad, frustrated by its utter failure to attack the creature pays no heed to anything else and attempts to attack the creature

Fighting 6 Damage 15 MDC AP 12
OOC Comments
1d8 = 6: 6
1d12+6 = 9: 3 2d6 = 6: 1, 5

KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor » Tue May 07, 2019 5:36 am

Zone 3 unshake
Fighting vs Ryder
Gang up +4
Fighting 1d8+4 = 8: 4
Fighting 1d8+4 = 6: 2
Fighting 1d8+4 = 7: 3
Fighting 1d8+4 = 5: 1
Fighting 1d8+4 = 9: 5
Fighting 1d8+4 = 5: 1
Damage 1d10 = 2: 2 + 1d6 = 4: 4
Damage 1d10 = 6: 6 + 1d6 = 5: 5
Damage 1d10 = 9: 9 + 1d6 = 1: 1
Damage 1d10 = 6: 6 + 1d6 = 5: 5
Raise Damage 1d10 = 3: 3 + 2d6 = 8: 4, 4
Raise Damage 1d10 = 1: 1 + 2d6 = 9: 5, 4
Fighting vs Ashley
Gang up +4
Fighting 1d8+4 = 12: 8
Fighting 1d8+4 = 8: 4
Fighting 1d8+4 = 11: 7
Fighting 1d8+4 = 6: 2
Fighting 1d8+4 = 9: 5
Fighting 1d8+4 = 12: 8
Damage 1d10 = 8: 8 + 1d6 = 4: 4
Damage 1d10 = 7: 7 + 1d6 = 5: 5
Damage 1d10 = 2: 2 + 1d6 = 4: 4
Raise Damage 1d10 = 8: 8 + 2d6 = 6: 2, 4
Raise Damage 1d10 = 8: 8 + 2d6 = 7: 5, 2
Raise Damage 1d10 = 8: 8 + 2d6 = 8: 5, 3
Trying to break free of entangle
Strength 1d10 = 5: 5
Strength 1d10 = 6: 6
Strength 1d10 = 10: 10
Ace 1d10+10 = 20: 10
Ace 1d10+20 = 25: 5
Ace 1d10+10 = 14: 4
Fighting vs Nazo
Partially entangled -2
Fighting 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Fighting 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Endless minions
3d6 = 13: 4, 5, 4
Fighting vs Karsk
+1 Gang up
Fighting 1d6+1 = 4: 3
Fighting 1d6+1 = 5: 4
Fighting vs Toad
+1 Gang up
Fighting 1d6+1 = 3: 2
Fighting 1d6+1 = 6: 5
Damage 2d8 = 6: 3, 3
Fighting vs Vik
Fighting 1d6 = 1: 1
Fighting vs Bari
+1 Gang up
Fighting 1d6+1 = 6: 5
Fighting vs Thomas
+1 gang up
Fighting 1d6+1 = 2: 1
Shooting vs Thomas
Shooting 1d12+1 = 3: 2
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 7: 1
Damage 3d8 = 8: 1, 3, 4 AP 2 MD
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor » Wed May 08, 2019 1:17 am

Scene modifiers:
Round 3

Zone 1: House - Ryder, Ashley, 22 spider-creatures (9 shaken, 13 unharmed)

Ashley finds her flames to be ineffective against whatever shadowy substance is holding her. She can still try and wriggle or break free by brute strength.
Ashley
Opposed roll for next breakout attempt
Ryder shoots at the floor, trying to intimidate the spider creatures and make them think twice about attacking him and Ashley. One of them jumped easily over the holes in the floor, but the rest were knocked a bit off balance.

One of the spider creatures shot its webbing at Ryder, striking him hard, the black tendrils wrapping around him.
Ryder
Agility TN 5 to avoid Greater Entangle; 11 damage
The rest of the spiders launched themselves at Ashley and Ryder with clicks of their mandibles. Four managed to bite Ryder, two of them deeply, and five managed to bite Ashley. Her fires left them shaken, but unhurt. None of their attacks managed to harm them, though.
Ryder and Ashley
No damage.

The shadow creatures launch themselves at Ryder and Ashley again, six on each. (And I realize I have been forgetting gang up bonus! LOL), and while most of them hit, they couldn’t penetrate their armor, and those that attacked Ashley were stunned again by her flames.

Seven more of the shadowy spiders crawled out of the mini-rift into the burning house.

Zone 3: Barn - Nazo, Karsk, Toad, Vik, Barinthasheer, Thomas, Queen, 22 spider-creatures (1 shaken, fully entangled [can’t move/use Agi/Str skills], 6 fully entangled [can’t move/use Agi/Str skills], 2 partially entangled [-2 to Pace, Agi, Str skills], 13 unharmed)

Thomas in dragon form burst into flames and leaped at the larger creature in the back, slapping with his tail, but it seemed to slip neatly into the shadows and avoid his attack.

Nazo called on her faith to send the shadowy spiders back wherever they came from. Most were able to scurry out of the way, but two of the creatures disappeared in puffs of shadow.

Barinthasheer whirls his tail through the captured spider creatures and hits them solidly with great force, but they seem only dazed, still struggling against their sticky confinement.

Vik takes a moment to study the creatures using his enhanced ability to see magic. The creatures are clearly not from this plane, as evidenced by Nazo’s banishment working. They seem to be spiders made of shadow. They have a physical nature, but they are only about as supernatural as a dragon in that they aren’t using magic, but their abilities seem to be inherent, natural abilities, mostly the ability to exude shadow from themselves (Greater Obscure) and spin webs of shadow (Entangle), as well as climb walls. They seem to be as invulnerable as the shadows from which the are made. Nothing seems to damage them, except, perhaps, a shadow’s natural enemy. Light.
Invulnerability and Weakness
You can only damage these creatures with either lasers or light trappings. But not by just casting Light. That might dispel the obscurement, and they have an aversion to it, but it needs to be a damage dealing spell. They aren’t vampires. I think a lot of the confusion was how I was describing successful hits, but no damage. They aren’t Intangible. That was just my flavorful description, like hitting shadow. You can Shake them with other attacks.
Karsk’s psionic bolt slammed into the larger creature. It staggered back, but seemed unharmed. Toad’s attack proved equally ineffective.

Three of the creatures tried to free themselves from the entanglement imposed on them by Nazo.
Nazo
I need another Arcane Skill roll for the Entangle as they try to break out. They got 8, 2, 6.
Two of those that Nazo had partially caught in her glue attacked the Altaran mystic, one trying to entangle her in the shadowy webs, the other coming at her with its sharp claws and mandibles, but both failed to connect.

Karsk was assaulted by two of the shadow spiders as well, one shooting the razor wire shadow webbing, the other slashing at him with sharp claws.
Karsk
I need an Agility roll vs TN 10 or be under the effects of Greater Entangle. Not enough damage from either attack to get through.
Another two attacked Toad in the same manner, trying to web him and bite him.
Toad
Toad needs an Agility roll vs TN 4 or be Greater Entangled.
Vik, Barinthasheer, and Thomas each had a shadow spider shoot its razor sharp shadow webbing at them, though only Thomas-dragon was hit.
Thomas
Thomas needs to make an Agility roll TN 5 or be Greater Entangled and take 9 damage (probably harmless in dragon form)
The queen launched a stream of her own webbing at Barinthasheer.
Bari
Bari needs to make an Agility roll TN 11 or be Greater Entangled. Not enough damage to get him.

The entangled spiders struggled against the glue holding them.
Nazo
I need another Entangled opposed roll. They got 5, 6, 10, 25, 2, 2, 14
The two partially trapped spiders tried to bite Nazo again, but couldn’t hit her.

Two attacked Karsk again, but he evaded their claws and mandibles.

Two jumped at Toad, but they couldn’t pierce his thick hide.

Vik was attacked by one of the shadow spiders, but missed.

One leaped at Barinthasheer, but missed the attack.

One leaped at Thomas as well, but also missed.

The queen shot another stream of webbing at Thomas’s dragon form.
Thomas
Agility roll TN 7 or be Greater Entangled. Take 8 damage AP 2 MD. Not likely to hurt your dragon form.
Six new spiders crawled their way out of the micro-rift.

Zone 4: Charlemagne, Whiskey Pete, Mia, Refugees

Charlemagne, Whiskey Pete, and Mia heed Ryder’s warning. They start urging the refugees back into the vehicles and the howdah in preparation to flee.

Setup

Initiative
Players go first in Round 2. You got really high initiative, but lots of Clubs, so per Endless rules, more baddies!
Instructions

[/list]

Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley (Detect Arcana)(Greater Armor +5 MDC) QD
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)(Greater Armor +5 MDC) 7D 3D
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)(Detect Arcana)(Greater Armor +10 MDC) 7C
Karsk/Toad (Quick)(Armor +4) 4H 3C 4S 6D
Thomas (Ex Darksight, Ex Farsight)(Dragon shapeshift) 6C
Barinthasheer 5C
Vik (Exalted Detect Arcana) 2D
Whiskey Pete
Mia
Refugees

Queen WC (Parry 8; Toughness: 8 (3)) 9S
Minions (19) (Parry: 6; Toughness: 9 (2)) AS
Maps
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 5/8
Whiskey Pete 6/2
Mia 6/2
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Wed May 08, 2019 1:46 pm

The webbing was little more than a distraction to Thomas while in his fiery form. But the frustration of his failed attacks and sting to his pride was something more.

Evasion vs 5, Success
Agility 1d10 = 3: 3

Bennies are Useful, but Elan is also
Extr Effort 1d6+6 = 9: 3
Waiting to go after Vik, so he can tell us what we need to do.
Conditions
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

• Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
Bennies 1

Nazo

Post by Nazo » Wed May 08, 2019 2:15 pm

Nazo hold her ground against overwhelming numbers. The demon fields of Kyoto were far more numbers and far more friends buried. The quickly drew upon her Potential Psychic energy and wrapped a magic net around the portal in the barn. Then swiftly she used her inner reserves to let her tongue speak many languages and tried to address the queen.

”Please... We... I don’t want to hurt you. Why are you here and will you not go home?”

Lastly she coms Thomas and Ashly, ” If I cannot reach the queen thru words. Nor stop the spiders from coming through. I will jump through the portal and confront the enemy on their home ground. Hopefully I can buy you enough time to close the portal.”
Magic Net on Portal trying to clog spiders as they come through so no more can come through. 10 for agility tests, 6PPE spent for medium burst.
Mystical magic net 1d10-2 = 4: 6 wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1 Benny with Elan for extra effort 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Speak language extra ppts for +2 1d8 = 5: 5 wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Greater Entangle
Power Points: +2
Range: Smarts × 2
Duration: Special
Trapping: net of magical fibers
Using this Mega Power version means targets are fully entangled on a success. A raise means attempts to escape are made at −4.
Combat info

+1 post rate
-1 quick combat
-1 for armor power

Ryder

Post by Ryder » Wed May 08, 2019 4:49 pm

OOC Comments
Evade 1d10 = 10: 10 ACE 1d10+10 = 20: 10
Wild Agility 1d6 = 5: 5
Raise, easily evade the spiderweb

Rip Ashley free from her Entangle 1d12+3 = 11: 8
Wild Strength 1d6+3 = 4: 1
A raise, easily done.

Damage Field Damage
3d6 = 12: 3, 5, 4
Ryder's been in bad situations often enough to know when it's time to run. Side-stepping the dark web-stuff, he turns, grabs Ashley by the waist (his Triax shrugging off the flames), and just pulls her up, probably dragging a couple of floorboards along still dangling on the webbing she was snagged in.

Over the comm, he calls out. "Ash and I are falling back to the Cassowary; are we getting the hell out of here, or do we have a plan, yet?"
Ryder
Quick Stats
  • Cybernetics:
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:

Karsk

Post by Karsk » Thu May 09, 2019 4:22 am

OOC Comments
Karsk
TN10 agility
1d8 = 3: 3
1d6 = 6: 6 ace 1d6 = 4: 4

Toad
TN 4 Agility
1d8 = 7: 7
Karsk and Toad deftly manage to avoid the spiders' webs with surprising ease.

Karsk notes his lack of success and changes tack.

Test weapons.

Unslinging his vibrospear, he stabbed one of the spiders

Fighting damage AP4
1d8 = 3: 3
1d6 = 6: 6
1d8 = 7: 7 1d6 = 4: 4

Toad thought it was not hitting hard enough and swiped again.

fighting damage
1d8 = 1: 1
1d12+6 = 14: 8 2d6 = 12: 6, 6

Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan » Sat May 11, 2019 4:13 pm

Ashley blurts, "Wait, I'm still...!" as Ryder grabs her, and she extinguishes her flames and starts trying to wriggle free of the webs...if she could just get an arm loose...

"Nazo, don't! We'll figure something out, we just have to regroup! If you go in there we won't be able to get you back!"

She then DOES manage to get an arm free, and from there she can peel some of the stuff off of her, then scrape more off, and finally gets her arms and legs free again.

"Ryder, I'm ok! We have to stop Nazo from committing suicide and get everyone together again!"
Wriggle!
Agility 1d6 = 6: 6 or 1d6 = 3: 3 ACE 1d6 = 6: 6

KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor » Thu May 16, 2019 3:29 am

Endless roll
4d6 = 15: 5, 2, 2, 6
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor » Thu May 16, 2019 3:40 am

Scene modifiers:
Round 4
OOC Comments
Haven’t heard from Vik or Barinthasheer this round, but it’s been a week, so we will continue. Players won initiative.
Zone 1: House - 29 spider-creatures (9 shaken, 20 unharmed)

Ashley and Ryder broke free from the mass of spiders and ran out into the yard.

Zone 2: Yard - Ryder, Ashley

Zone 3: Barn - Nazo, Karsk, Toad, Vik, Barinthasheer, Thomas, Queen, 22 spider-creatures (1 shaken, fully entangled [can’t move/use Agi/Str skills], 6 fully entangled [can’t move/use Agi/Str skills], 2 partially entangled [-2 to Pace, Agi, Str skills], 13 unharmed, Rift: Greater Entangle)

Karsk’s vibrospear didn’t have any effect on the spiders either as they seemed to wisp around it.

Nazo seemed to have a bit more success, able to anchor a magical netting over the rift to prevent more spiders from emerging.
OOC Comments
I am going to consider that rift sealed as long as Nazo maintains the Greater Entangle, but it isn’t closed and will reopen when she runs out of power points to maintain it.
Zone 4: Charlemagne, Whiskey Pete, Mia, Refugees
Setup
We are doing this Theatre of the MInd. The “map” is divided in 3 discrete zones. Zone 1 is the House (Ryder, Ashley). Zone 2 is the Yard (No one). Zone 3 is the Barn (Everyone else). If it becomes necessary, the Cassowary is Zone 4 (Charlemagne, refugees), though I’m hoping to keep them out of the battle. Zone 2 is in the center and adjacent to 1 and 3, but 1 and 3 are not adjacent. It takes 1 Movement to move from one zone to the next (so 1 Movement to move from Barn to Yard and another Movement to move from Yard to House). Within the Zone is considered Short Range and increase the range by one per zone (so Medium range to shoot from the Barn to the Yard. Long Range to the House.).
Initiative
Instructions

[/list]

Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley (Detect Arcana)(Greater Armor +5 MDC) 6H
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)(Greater Armor +5 MDC) KD JH
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)(Detect Arcana)(Greater Armor +10 MDC) 3D QS
Karsk/Toad (Quick)(Armor +4) 5H 4D JS
Thomas (Ex Darksight, Ex Farsight)(Dragon shapeshift) 10C
Barinthasheer QC
Vik (Exalted Detect Arcana) KC
Whiskey Pete
Mia
Refugees

Queen WC (Parry 8; Toughness: 8 (3)) 8H
Minions (19) (Parry: 6; Toughness: 9 (2)) 9C
Maps
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 6/2
Mia 6/2
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Thu May 16, 2019 10:06 am

His powers apparently having no effect on the spiders or their queens Thomas tries to turn his arcane efforts to removing their access to the else from which they come.

Close Rift 10, 2 successes (after -4 for not being a line-walker)
EDIT: Trying to close one of the other Rifts, the one closest to Nazo works

Spellcasting d8+1, -4 for not being a line walker = d8-3
Spellcasting 1d8-3 = -2: 1

Benny to reroll
Spellcasting 1d8-3 = 0: 3
Wild 1d6-3 = 2: 5

2nd Benny to reroll
Spellcasting 1d8-3 = 5: 8 Ace 1d8+5 = 10: 5
Conditions
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

• Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
Bennies 1

Karsk

Post by Karsk » Thu May 16, 2019 1:24 pm

OOC Comments
As stated
"Rifle on Toad. He can't fire it."

He pulls out his laser pistol and shoots the nearest Spider

shooting 5 damage 17 AP 4
OOC Comments
1d6 = 5: 5
1d6 = 3: 3
2d6+1 = 9: 6, 2 Ace 1d6+9 = 15: 6 Ace 2 1d6+15 = 17: 2

Nazo

Post by Nazo » Thu May 16, 2019 1:58 pm

Too many... Too many spiders.

A breech they called them in Kyoto. Unfiltered rifts leading to worlds and dimensions unheard of. Almost never did anything good come from them. There had to be away to vanquish them without killing.

Nazo yells, ” My net is holding them! Even though love is a battlefield lost to me I will still try my best and follow Thomas’ beautiful example. I’ll try to close it!” She focuses on the powers of the rift and channels her divine energy into it trying to close it tight!

Over the comms she says with her breath raggid from maintaining her powers, ”We need to close the rifts! Then coral the creatures and I can try to banish them!”
Mystical closure of rift 1 success
Mystiscm 1d10-4 = -3: 1 wild 1d6-4 = 2: 6 ace 1d6 = 2: 2
Or if the rift is closed change the action to banish the horde.

Will add rules later on, but banish the horde opposed spirit rolls vs 8 in a LBT failure: return to their native home/plane.
Combat info

+1 post rate
-1 quick combat
-1 for armor power

Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Barinthasheer » Thu May 16, 2019 7:45 pm

Psionics
Use action card, arcane inspiration to cast damaging field trapped with sunlight. Modifiers MAP -2, net -2. Cost 4 ISP
Psionics 1d8-2 = 4: 6
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Light, Need to hurt them with light how can I.. Focusing his mind on the sun Bari channels his psionic power into himself trying to do... something.. Red crackling bolts of psionic power course across him body merging and solidifying into an aura like the corona of the sun.

Leaping into the air and skimming over the smaller spiderlings, staying low enough to try and temp them into swinging as he flies right at the queen Roaring a challenge as he collides with her, slashing with his claws as he does. "I will fight her Mr. Thomas, look for more rifts."
Fighting 9, damage str+ field 26, claws if applicable 15 AP4
Modifiers -2 MAP
Fighting 1d10-2 = 5: 7 Bennie for EE 1d6+5 = 7: 2 Fighting 1d12-2 = 2: 4
Bennie for reroll
Fighting 1d12-2 = 0: 2
Bennie for reroll
Fighting 1d12-2 = 9: 11
Damage 1d12+4 = 16: 12 Aura 2d6 = 8: 4, 4 Claws 3d6 = 10: 1, 6, 3AP4
Str + field 1d12+24 = 26: 2 Claws 1d6+10 = 15: 5
((Note to @Karsk, @Nazo, and Toad: Boost trait ends at the bottom of the turn))
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

Ryder

Post by Ryder » Fri May 17, 2019 2:46 pm

OOC Comments
Shooting Modifiers: +2 Helm, -1 Rain, +1/+1 Double-tap
Shooting 1d12+2 = 12: 10
Wild Shooting 1d6+2 = 8: 6 ACE 1d6+8 = 14: 6
Raise Damage 2d4+1 = 8: 3, 4 + 1d6 = 4: 4 = 12 AP 2

Ryder groans as he hears that they need lasers for these things. "Sun-cannon will take to long to hook back up. Ash, gimme your pistol if you're not using it, then keep heading for the Cassowary. We can keep harassing them while the others get serious."

As soon as she passes the NG-33 to him Ryder, turns to the teeming creatures spilling out of the house and squeezes off a double-shot at whichever one is in the lead. Then he continues his retreat to the truck, hoping Ash can confound them with steam and smoke enough to prevent them from getting webbed again.
Ryder
Quick Stats
  • Cybernetics:
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:

Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan » Tue May 21, 2019 11:33 pm

Ashley does hand over the gun and after a second to self-consciously adjust her armor after having been hauled across the battlefield, takes a closer look around. If the team is going to regroup, it'd be handy if they were harder to see, yeah?

Rivers of flame abruptly ignite at her feet and rapidly snake away through the grass, leaving trails of burned and smouldering plants in their wake. They rapidly cross and crisscross between the people around the barn and the creatures still swarming within it. It only takes seconds for the tall grass and shrubs to start giving off a thick black smoke that scratches the lungs of someone breathing it. More importantly though, it should be harder for creatures to figure out where to throw that webbing stuff through it.

"Guys, get back to the Cassowary!" she yells. "We need to regroup! I'll cover you!"

Psionics for Fire Mastery: 10, a raise - -4 to target creatures through or within the smoke
Psionics 1d12 = 10: 10 or 1d6 = 3: 3

KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor » Wed May 22, 2019 1:23 am

Scene modifiers:
Round 4.1

Zone 1: House - (Penalties: Dark -2, Greater Obscure -6; open rift)

Zone 2: Yard - Ryder, Ashley, 28 shadow spiders (8 shaken, 20 unharmed; Penalties: Dark -2, Rain -1, Fire Mastery -4 to Trait rolls, Greater Obscure -6)

Ryder shot back into the house at the shadow spiders, managing to kill one of them with his laser pistol. It evaporated into shadows.

Ashley ignited the grass in the yard, raising smoke to interfere with attacks.

The shadow spiders poured out of the house. They shied a bit away from the smoke as they swarmed toward Ryder and Ashley. Several of them paused, shivering, swelling with darkness, until one of them erupted with shadows, canceling all light in the area.

Two shot webbing at Ryder and Ashley, but the shadow webs missed. The others swarmed at them. Some of the creatures managed to land a bite or claw through the smoke, but none did any harm.

Zone 3: Barn - Nazo, Karsk, Toad, Vik, Barinthasheer, Thomas, Queen, 16 shadow spiders (1 shaken, fully entangled [can’t move/use Agi/Str skills], 4 fully entangled [can’t move/use Agi/Str skills], 11 unharmed, Penalties: Dark -2, Greater Obscure -6)

Thomas turned his attention to the rift. He managed to close the small tear in reality in the barn, and Nazo’s webbing sealing it dropped away. No more shadow spiders were going to come through there.

Karsk took aim with his laser pistol at what he thought was a spider creature, but fired at just a shadow in the barn.
Karsk
Karsk forgot the vision penalties. The barn is in Greater Obscure. So unfortunately he missed.
Nazo’s banish spell sends six of the creatures back to wherever they came from.

Bari leapt at the larger shadow spider, his body glowing with light, but the shadows fooled him too and claws only sliced through the shadows, not the body of the queen as she darted back.
Bari
Bari forgot the vision penalties. The barn is in Greater Obscure. So unfortunately he missed.
Shadow spiders shot their shadowy webbing at the heroes. The rest swarmed over them.
Karsk
Make an Agility roll TN 4 or be Greater Entangled. Toad needs to make a TN 9 Agility roll to avoid Greater Entangled.
Thomas
Make an Agility roll TN 4 or be Greater Entangled.
The queen hissed and lashed back at Bari, shooting him with webbing again.
Bari
You need to make an Agility roll vs TN 7 or be Greater Entangled. No damage. Didn’t get through your armor.
Zone 4: Cassowary - Charlemagne, Whiskey Pete, Mia, Refugees (Penalties: Dark -2, Rain -1)
Setup
We are doing this Theatre of the MInd. The “map” is divided in 3 discrete zones. Zone 1 is the House (Ryder, Ashley). Zone 2 is the Yard (No one). Zone 3 is the Barn (Everyone else). If it becomes necessary, the Cassowary is Zone 4 (Charlemagne, refugees), though I’m hoping to keep them out of the battle. Zone 2 is in the center and adjacent to 1 and 3, but 1 and 3 are not adjacent. It takes 1 Movement to move from one zone to the next (so 1 Movement to move from Barn to Yard and another Movement to move from Yard to House). Within the Zone is considered Short Range and increase the range by one per zone (so Medium range to shoot from the Barn to the Yard. Long Range to the House.).
Initiative
Players go first in Round 5. Ryder got a Joker. Players get +1 Benny and Ryder gets +2 to all Trait rolls and damage.
Instructions

Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley (Detect Arcana)(Greater Armor +5 MDC) 2S
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)(Greater Armor +5 MDC) JOKER 4H
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)(Detect Arcana)(Greater Armor +10 MDC) 9H
Karsk/Toad (Quick)(Armor +4) 9D
Thomas (Ex Darksight, Ex Farsight)(Dragon shapeshift) 5C
Barinthasheer 10H
Vik (Exalted Detect Arcana) 2D
Whiskey Pete
Mia
Refugees

Queen WC (Parry 8; Toughness: 8 (3)) 2C
Minions (19) (Parry: 6; Toughness: 9 (2)) 7C
Maps
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 7/2
Mia 7/2
Targets in LBT for Banish
2d6 = 7: 4, 3
Spirit rolls
Ace 1d6+6 = 8: 2
Greater Obscure
Spirit 1d6-4 = -1: 3
Spirit 1d6-4 = 0: 4
Spirit 1d6-4 = 2: 6
Ace 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Unshaking Yard
Spirit 1d6-4 = 1: 5
Spirit 1d6-4 = -2: 2
Ace 1d6+6 = 12: 6
Spirit 1d6-4 = -2: 2
Spirit 1d6-4 = 2: 6
Ace 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Spirit 1d6-4 = 0: 4
Unshake barn
Break free of Entangle
Strength 1d10 = 1: 1
Strength 1d10 = 4: 4
Shooting Ryder and Ashley
Shooting 1d6-4 = 0: 4
Shooting 1d6-4 = 0: 4
Fighting vs Ryder
Fighting 1d8-4 = 3: 7
Fighting 1d8-4 = 4: 8
Ace 1d8+4 = 5: 1
Ace 1d8+4 = 9: 5
Fighting 1d8-4 = 0: 4
Fighting 1d8-4 = 1: 5
Fighting vs Ashley
Ace 1d8+4 = 11: 7
Fighting 1d8-4 = 2: 6
Fighting 1d8-4 = -1: 3
Fighting 1d8-4 = -1: 3
Fighting 1d8-4 = -3: 1
Damage on Ryder
1d10 = 5: 5 + 2d6 = 6: 5, 1
1d10 = 6: 6 + 1d6 = 3: 3
Damage on Ashley
1d10 = 4: 4 + 2d6 = 6: 3, 3
Shooting on Nazo, Karsk, Toad, Bari, Thomas
Shooting 1d6 = 2: 2
Ace 1d6+6 = 9: 3
Shooting 1d6 = 1: 1
Attacks on Nazo and Bar
Fighting 1d8 = 3: 3
Queen shooting Bari
Shooting 1d12+1 = 7: 6
Wild 1d6+1 = 3: 2
Damage on Bari
3d8 = 10: 4, 2, 4
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Ryder

Post by Ryder » Wed May 22, 2019 3:20 am

OOC Comments
Shooting Modifiers:
Greater Obscure + Rain = -7
Nightvision +2
Targeting Helmet +2
Double-Tap +1
Joker +2
Flat Roll. Wow.

Shooting 1d12 = 1: 1
Wild Shooting 1d6 = 4: 4
Damage 2d4+2 = 6: 1, 3 AP 2

Moving away from the ones that were close enough to make Fighting attacks means he'll also take Free Strikes from them, so you can go ahead and roll that. Assuming he's not stopped from leaving, though, he should get to the Eternal Light zone around the Cassowary this round.
Suddenly mostly blind, Ryder still manages to make out a vague form, and with a bit of random luck, manages to tag one of the shadespiders with another double-tap. Still, it's clear this is a losing proposition in the long run. Continuing to make his way to the Cassowary as best he can, and making sure not to let Ashley fall behind, he attempts to get outside the vehicle at least.
Ryder
Quick Stats
  • Cybernetics:
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:

Return to “Adventure Forum”