Mission 1: Sabotage & Slipped Away

Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Mission 1: Sabotage & Slipped Away

Post by Stoic »

The crew sits in their respective spots as Que types in the string of commands to launch the vessel into faster than light speed. As the lurches ahead the engines start to warm up and process the tachyon storage units. Then, an odd thing happens. The vessels main screen starts up, and Slip, the dreaded pilot and hacker from the Nemesis appears on the screen. She grins and waves "bye-bye", and then the screen goes dead again. Moments later you hear a loud CRACCCKKKKK and the entire ship starts to shake violently. A siren goes off and red lights flash. Dorian quickly does an assessment and realizes that the FTL drive is about to rip the ship apart so he uses an emergency procedure to shut it down.
OOC Comments
You've moved ahead a couple of parsecs and your navigation system shows you to be in something called the Barton system, a system full of mostly barren planets, but by the forges will you are close to one of the only inhabited ones, Krakos. Krakos is a planet that is 90 percent water and the land areas are ruled by an advanced civilization of humanoids that evolved from crustaceans. They are a space-faring race, so you can likely barter or buy the equipment needed to fix the ship. The Sovereign can still travel but it's only at a fraction of the previous speed as you have to rely on the ships power core in order to move you along. Until the FTL is repaired you will need to find some other way to zip around the universe. This will require K/Engineering at a -4 and require a total of five successes. This will take 1d4 days to repair per roll if there is only one person repairing it. Each additional person helping will take a day off the fixing time, down to a minimum of 1 day per roll. The parts will cost 500,000 credits.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Vrothuss

Re: Mission 1: Taken (Mirage)

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss feels the ship lurch to a screeching halt. As the crew scrambles, he does Voss and begins searching the area for the odd Space Ley Line occurence. They (Space Ley Lines) happen, without a lot of explanation for why.

Ley Line Lookup
Sense Ley Lines within 10 miles
Sense Rift Eruptions within 50 miles
Voss waits to feel the pulse and tug of any Ley Line energy. He continues to do so through the sluggish crawl of the Soveriegn's current plight.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss
6 Advances - Seasoned 3 - Gemini Demon Shifter
Parry: 2 || Toughness: 10 [1]
PPE: 30/30
Combat Edge: None
Bennies: 3/3

Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Que looks around as they come to a rest. When Dorian finishes lecturing everyone on the situation Que is annoyed. "Oh ma'am you are very evil. She could have killed us and we would have been stranded somewhere real bad."

Looking around the bridge Que grabs a bag of Hot & Spicey Tango Squares. After tossing a few down he asks the others. "So, want to hide the ship and I can take us to the planet? Or I guess we could ride there but at this speed it will take hours."
Que (Rob T) Status & Conditions
Bennies 4 + 1 Platinum Benny
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky had never seen anyone so their looks don’t matter much. What matters is she is with people she can trust. Que, enigmatic as they come. Voss, a temporal blood hound. Dorian, Given’s curse but one fine engineer, Sera she knows everyone. Ducky smiled at her assesment of her crew mates. Softly she suggests more than commands now that things are moving forward, ”Que, take us in nice and easy. Dorian get this radio working and if you can’t what about some kind of signal that can translate through water, Sera find us someone you know, and Voss, good thinking find us that space line.” She stops a beat and with great pride feels a good energy from her friends, ” We have come this far together and we can and will overcome this and find the prince and those brain scans.”

Sub vocally she comms givens.
OOC Comments
”Givens, prep that shuttle bomb. Max yield, and if you can find a way for it to magnetize to a hull of a starship while keeping its emissions low all the better. When we find Nemisis I was a tasty little surprise to ram down her throat.”
Ducky Stat Block
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note:

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 benny for reroll kn battle
Dorian Falstaff

Re: Mission 1: Sabotage & Slipped Away

Post by Dorian Falstaff »

Bombarded by damage control data Dorian pops open his helmet to escape the deluge of information. Putting a hand to his forehead the Altess rubs his temples and takes a few deep breaths to get control of his rage and frustration. "The radio will be repaired tomorrow, until then we have comms only so far as our personal systems allow. As for the FTL that will be much more time consuming. And expensive. Givens, I am going to require significant amounts of caffeine." He bends back to the task of repairing the radio console. Still angry with himself for missing the tampering and nearly costing them all their lives he's distracted however and keeps making small mistakes that he then has to go back to re-repair.

"At once sir. Does anyone else require anything?"
Givens over comms
"The shuttle is still weaponized Captain, the engineering you suggest is not within my capabilities unfortunately."
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 5/17(9) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities: Dispel "drone" PPE 9/15
  • List of Abilities
: Exalted Quickness with a raise.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 17/25
Bennies: Dorian 3/3 Mr. Givens 2/3
Adventure Cards
  • #: Card - Effect
Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Givens via Dorian Falstaff wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:10 pm "At once sir. Does anyone else require anything?"
His voice comes across comms very lucid and tranquil, Voss says, "Thank you, Givens but no."

Voss returns to the Ley Line Inquiries probing and pausing in an effort to get a good reading.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Que sees the frustration and thinks he should offer up some help. Even if he is just an NPC, no reason not top get involved. He may be able to help.

Not leaving the cockpit Que gets up and walks to the engine room to grab some tools before returning to help Dorian. "Hey Dorian, need any support with this radio? This Que is good with engineering and repair. When we finish this, I can help with the engines."

Still sitting in the cockpit Que turns to Ducky. "Sure thing boss. I can keep going like this as long as I have God snacks and plenty of cola." Then to the nice robot. "Givens, any chance you could dig up another six pack? With my attention so divided I cannot do it myself while helping Big D with the critical stuff."

+1 Repair for Dorian's roll
Using Duplication drops piloting to d8.
The Duplicate has Science d4, Eng d6, and repair d6.

Repair [dice:2k4splqh]52792:0[/dice:2k4splqh]
Wild [dice:2k4splqh]52792:1[/dice:2k4splqh]
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Sera

Post by Sera »

"I'll help where I can. Once we get comms back up I can see if I know anyone local."

Did i know anyone on Krakos?
I Know a Guy 4
Streetwise [dice:q41gv4tr]52972:0[/dice:q41gv4tr]
Wild [dice:q41gv4tr]52972:1[/dice:q41gv4tr]
Sera has a contact that just so happens to live in Krakos named Zed.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 2 / 3
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny
    • Mission 1: Sabotage & Slipped Away
      • Spent 2 Benny to Reroll damage.

Pace: 6 ; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 5

• Quick: When dealt a 5 or lower, may discard and redraw until gets a card higher then 5.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Test of Wills attacks.
  • Steady Hands: ignore Unstable platform penalty when firing while riding in a moving vehicle. actions while running penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Construct
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Sera suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.

Halo

Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 5* ; Toughness: 5
*: Halo is a small robot, size -2. attackers subtract 2 from any attack rolls directed at him.
  • Ace: May Spend Bennies to make Soak Rolls for vehicles or vessels they control. This is a Boating, Driving, or Piloting roll at -2 (cancelling their usual +2). Each success and raise negates a wound and any critical hit that would have resulted from it.
  • Combat Ace: Integrating vehicle operation with weapon control in one fluid moment of expertise, the pilot with this Edge ignores the multi-action penalty for making a Boating, Driving, or Piloting check and firing a weapon on the same round.
  • Construct:
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Halo suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

No matter how many times you experience it, Que's teleportation is still jarring. One moment you are on the ship, the next you are standing on the ground, the air so humid that you think you're standing in a sauna for a second. You feel so disorientated that you think you might throw up for a moment but then, no, you're ok. You find yourself standing on a brush chrome plate that is cut into the shape of an octogan. It's roughly 50 meters across and connnected to four other octogans. In the space between the connections you see that you are bobbing ontop of a vast ocean. As you cross from octogan to octogan you notice that they seem to be epoxied together by a puffy pink goo. As you cross, the salt breeze from the ocean hits your nostrils, making you think of better more relaxing times, like the mini vacation The Remorseless crew took on the beach planet after the Shawcross Caper You shake off the nostalgia and find yourself again, in the present. The octogans are dotted by merchants, selling anything from fish (you notice it's mostly the smaller feeder fish) to something called Long Pork, an expensive street dish that has an intoxicating aroma. As you walk along Sera pauses midstride, and remembers. She has a friend here, the Ocotopod known as Zed. A pep appears in her step and she leads the group in a specific direction now that one of you has a purpose. She heads to the tiki themed structure, an adobe building with a stray roof that upon entering, reveals itself to be a tiny bar, with space for maybe 10 patrons max. Luckily no one else is here, so you are able to find open spots. A minute after you sit down a dull gray red spotted octoman appears, several of hit tentacles scrubbing the bottoms of dirty glasses that they hold in the coil of the limb. As he sees Sera his skin darkens a few shades, and his body tenses up. "Sera!" How have you been honey?!" The dead black eyes flick to the rest of the group, seemingly assesing them.
OOC Comments
After the group shares their sob story, the Octoman, Zed, Quickly turns his multiple brains toward the problem. He mentions a few friends that owe him favors that can get some of the parts needed (this is a reflection of the use of the scrounger edge) but you still need a good amount. Luckily Zed says he knows some people who know some people that are involved in the criminal underworld, but surely Sera and her friends would not be interesting in such a thing...would they? Feel free to freely RP as you are all so amazing at. Once you figure out that you do indeed want to break the laws on a planet you've never been to before and probably couldn't care less about, let me know and we will proceed.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

The Octopods big black eyes blink and the color scheme goes into a dull gray pattern. "I beg your pardon? Sera and I go waaaay back. Tell him hon."
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Que

Post by Que »

Looking around Que wonders if he has been here before. Well of course he has, but how many times before? "Yeah, I don't mind criminals. Who do you know?"
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss eyes the Octopi, "Is this guy offering himself as our next meal?"

Calamari, Anyone?

As to criminals and underworld dealings, Voss has no qualms with underhanded dealings and back shop talk.

"Have to have a soul in order to sell it to the devil. Being a demon has its advantages."
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Sera

Post by Sera »

Stoic wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:36 pm As he sees Sera his skin darkens a few shades, and his body tenses up. "Sera!" How have you been honey?!" The dead black eyes flick to the rest of the group, seemingly assesing them.
"Zed, I've been great!" Her bright outlook darkens slightly, "Well sorta, I guess."
Stoic wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:36 pm The Octopods big black eyes blink and the color scheme goes into a dull gray pattern. "I beg your pardon? Sera and I go waaaay back. Tell him hon."
"After I had... liberated my freedom my former employers. I was running around looking for work and places... to hide. Ran into Zed and we worked together for a bit." Sera tells the story.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny

• Quick: When dealt a 5 or lower, may discard and redraw until gets a card higher then 5.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Test of Wills attacks.
  • Steady Hands: ignore Unstable platform penalty when firing while riding in a moving vehicle. actions while running penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Construct
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Sera suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.

Halo

*: Halo is a small robot, size -2. attackers subtract 2 from any attack rolls directed at him.
  • Ace: May Spend Bennies to make Soak Rolls for vehicles or vessels they control. This is a Boating, Driving, or Piloting roll at -2 (cancelling their usual +2). Each success and raise negates a wound and any critical hit that would have resulted from it.
  • Combat Ace: Integrating vehicle operation with weapon control in one fluid moment of expertise, the pilot with this Edge ignores the multi-action penalty for making a Boating, Driving, or Piloting check and firing a weapon on the same round.
  • Construct:
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Halo suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Vrothuss wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:54 am Voss eyes the Octopi, "Is this guy offering himself as our next meal?"
"Um, dude we don't eat creatures once they learn to speak with us. that is like rule 1 of tri-galactic relations."
Vrothuss wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:54 am "Have to have a soul in order to sell it to the devil. Being a demon has its advantages."
Que wonders, what are the mechanical benefits of not having a soul. Maybe he is immune to mind control and stuff like that. But then again, why do soul blasts from monks kill demons so easily?
Sera wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:56 am "After I had... liberated my freedom my former employers. I was running around looking for work and places... to hide. Ran into Zed and we worked together for a bit." Sera tells the story.
When Sera elaborates on how the squid thing and her became friends Que cannot help but wonder if there was going to be a test. "So you worked on this water planet, or did you guys travel around and stuff? I imagine the water would be really bad for you."
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky had she had eyes would have burned Zed with such fierceness. However lacking them she just quivered with raw untapped emotions struggling to find a voice. And so they did, ” I don’t mind dealing with criminals, but if they asked us to murder, cheat, and or steal they will find themselves on the sharp end of my blade begging for release.”

Ducky smiled sweetly, ” We might not look like it but we are the heroic types unwilling to compromise our integrity for anything. We all have our souls intact and I aim to keep it that way.”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Ducky wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:24 am Ducky had she had eyes would have burned Zed with such fierceness. However lacking them she just quivered with raw untapped emotions struggling to find a voice. And so they did, ” I don’t mind dealing with criminals, but if they asked us to murder, cheat, and or steal they will find themselves on the sharp end of my blade begging for release.”

Ducky smiled sweetly, ” We might not look like it but we are the heroic types unwilling to compromise our integrity for anything. We all have our souls intact and I aim to keep it that way.”
At the mention of souls intact, Vrothuss begins checking himself. Maybe he was mistaken and had just misplaced his.

He is thoroughly distracted while trying to find his soul.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Sera

Post by Sera »

"I was travelling around, got to know a lot of people." Sera looks down to kinda examine herself. "As far as water goes, I believe I'm not that vulnerable to that element. I do take baths you know, to clean myself."
Status Tracker
Seraphim
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny

• Construct
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison

Halo

• Construct:
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Sera wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:56 am "I was travelling around, got to know a lot of people." Sera looks down to kinda examine herself. "As far as water goes, I believe I'm not that vulnerable to that element. I do take baths you know, to clean myself."
Realizing he could be giving away a secret Que thinks quickly trying to cover up his faux pa. "Sure, no offence meant. Was just wondering because most people would find prolonged stay underwater as something difficult."
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Zed thinks for a few, his tentacles popping up from under the bar every so often, whipping up cocktails for customers.

"Hmm that does limit your options... I think I know someone you might be able to help though."

A tentacle somehow grabs a pen and scrawls down an address and some directions.

"Go to this section and ask for a lady name Athena. She usually hires for security detail, but can find some jobs that pay a good amount. Nice to see you again Sera, make sure to stop by so we can catch up before you have to leave."

Two of the tentacles grab Sera and give her a firm affectionate hug.

You follow the directions and are led to another pop up style shop, only this one is considerably larger than the little piece Zed worked (owns?). The space is austere aside from the seemingly limitless variety of weapony/armor/powered armor. Asking around for Athena you're directed to a short tough looking anthromorphic shrimp woman wearing a thin sort of environmental armor filled with water. She looks at the paper and nods.

"I think I can use you for a job if you don't mind pulling guard duty. Pays 200 g's. You interested?"

After the group confirms that they are indeed interested, Athena provides each with a environmental suit that is a thin plastic material that goes over your body/armor. She explains that it is able to extract oxygen from water, keeping land dwellers alive. She says there is a big shipment of a new experimental type of power armor, five sets in total, that needs to undergo further testing. A rival corporation however has gotten wind of this new protype and will do whatever it takes to get a suit for reverse engineering purposes. The plan is to move it through a system of underwater caves that occasionally break the surface (which is where you air breathers come in) in an attempt to avoid being intercepted.
OOC Comments
The job starts tomorrow and as is common practice she will front half of the money ahead of time in case you need more gear/equipment. Note that the 200k is the total fee, not a fee per person. However Athena does cheerily mention that they will give the survivors a 50k payout for every crew member lost. Just say what you are doing in the interim, what if anything you are buying, etc and I will get another post up in a couple few days to go into mission mode. As always, message me with any questions or concerns.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Dorian Falstaff

After completing the repairs on the comms Dorian begins to survey the damage to the ships drive firsthand. His hope that sensor failures had cause the ships damage reports to be exaggerated were quickly dashed however. He directs both Mr. Givens and the Que copy in what to begin disconnecting and starts to make a list of just exactly what they need to replace when the ships AI notifies him of an incoming encrypted message for which they have no matching key.

"Oh? Well that is unusual. Givens, spare Que, it seems there's a new strangeness going on. That or we're getting someone else's messages. Hopefully the latter as we have quite enough debris in our orbit at the moment" Heading to the bridge he begins to decode the transmission.
Computer roll to decode 10
Modifiers: scene -4, HJ bonus vs electronic security +2, TW bonus +2, net 0
Computer [dice:3hoeop71]53604:0[/dice:3hoeop71]
Wild [dice:3hoeop71]53604:1[/dice:3hoeop71] Ace [dice:3hoeop71]53604:2[/dice:3hoeop71]
Last edited by Dorian Falstaff on Fri May 17, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky leans in almost feeling the fish for its sweet smell, ” Yeah. 200 g’s sounds great. But we won’t be needing the insurance policy. Only Dorian would be in danger of dying and 50gs would frankly insult his family.” Ducky shrugs trying to make it clear she is not his family, ”Atless ya know. But could we get some aquatic breathers instead of the insurance?”

Ducky smiles and bows low accepting the deal either way. If she doesn’t provide the gear ducky lays it out for the team, ” Sounds like a job where they except death. We need to be prepared to hit the water and thrive under it. That means something fast and something that lets us survive.”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Ducky wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:46 pm Ducky leans in almost feeling the fish for its sweet smell, ” Yeah. 200 g’s sounds great. But we won’t be needing the insurance policy. Only Dorian would be in danger of dying and 50gs would frankly insult his family.” Ducky shrugs trying to make it clear she is not his family, ”Atless ya know. But could we get some aquatic breathers instead of the insurance?”
That comment about Altess brings Voss from introspection and causes him to laugh and fall off his bar stool.
Ducky wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:46 pm Ducky smiles and bows low accepting the deal either way. If she doesn’t provide the gear ducky lays it out for the team, ” Sounds like a job where they except death. We need to be prepared to hit the water and thrive under it. That means something fast and something that lets us survive.”
Voss starts doing his usual, searching for Ley Lines and unused routes to, from, and through their target.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Sera

Post by Sera »

Stoic wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:18 pm "Go to this section and ask for a lady name Athena. She usually hires for security detail, but can find some jobs that pay a good amount. Nice to see you again Sera, make sure to stop by so we can catch up before you have to leave."

Two of the tentacles grab Sera and give her a firm affectionate hug.
Sera hugs back, "Sure thing Zed, be good to catch up, if I have some time."

Afther meeting with Athena and the accepted mission, "Not like we need any equipment beyond what they provided but is the half up front enough to start the repairs?"
Status Tracker
Seraphim
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny

• Construct
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison

Halo

• Construct:
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Que ralaxes as they talk about the mission. Scanning the crowd for more food to eat. "Yeah, we do do this job. But I um, need somethign to eat."

Que then moves on to find something to eat before returning, his hands full of some sort of assembled muscles and roots. "So when do we do this? We have some parts to buy and this will be enough to get half of them. No time to waste you know."

Que normally was never in a hurry because he could always make up the time. But being stuck with Dorian in the ship alone has him ready to cut his ears off as the guy over explains everything. If water is wet, just say it is wet. No need to go into a 5 minute conversation obout internal entropy, fluid dyamics, capilary action, and all that other crud.
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

OOC Comments
You are given the option to borrow a Hydrocycle. The hydrocycles are personal vehicles that can travel underwater, on land, or even on the water if the seas are calm enough. They are identical to the Speedster hovercycle, but they can only hover a foot off of the ground (or water) and the acceleration and top speed are halved when underwater. They have a blue-green laser which is capable of firing underwater, The laser does 2d10 damage and has a range of 75/150/300. Any damage to the Hydrocycle will be taken out of your pay (up to 50,000).
Athena, the mantis shrimp humanoid, takes you to the launch point via a vehicle that skims the surface of the water. From what you can tell, this planet is something like 95 % water, but you do see a few stray bits of land and even a few buildings on them. She takes you to a cove where there is a large mouthed cave. Setting the skimmer down near it, she hands out some rations and explains you have to wait until nightfall, another 12 hours. Anyone who wants to can rest up, eat rations, etc. (If you choose to stay up until the night, please give me a fatigue roll.)

Shortly after nightfall, a semi truck sized egg-shaped blob bubbles out of the water. Athena walks over to it and presses her palm against it, causing a thin layer to shed off revealing five large crates on top of some sort of hovering base. Athena types in mid-air and a small "beep" comes from each of the bases, and you realize that she has synced them up to follow her. She heads into the cave, expecting you to spread out and follow, providing protection.
OOC Comments
Please state your marching order and or how you are spread out to protect the crates. Then, I'll need a notice roll at a -4 from everyone.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Que

Post by Que »

Que gets bored traveling so slowly with the others. Do he begins zipping back and forth. After a while the hyper activity could begin to activate those with less tolerance. Chatting in brief moments of a couple minutes before walking off at hundreds of of miles an hour and returning.

"Oh, that is strange?"

OOC Comments
MARCHING IN FRONT

Celerity Lense +2, Thief +2 =d6+0
Notice [dice:4b4hs4wg]53972:0[/dice:4b4hs4wg]
Wild [dice:4b4hs4wg]53972:1[/dice:4b4hs4wg] Ace [dice:4b4hs4wg]53972:2[/dice:4b4hs4wg] Ace Aced [dice:4b4hs4wg]53972:3[/dice:4b4hs4wg] Aced Ace Aced [dice:4b4hs4wg]53972:4[/dice:4b4hs4wg]
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

"What is up with these planets? No Ley Lines? How am I supposed to place a call?"

Voss continues to narrow down a source of energy, possibly even a rift.

When they receive the equipment, Voss struggles with the rebreather but makes it work eventually.

Notice, Failed _
Scene Modifier -4
[*] Notice [dice:3kdio5hl]53974:0[/dice:3kdio5hl]
[*] Wild [dice:3kdio5hl]53974:1[/dice:3kdio5hl]
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Taking forward position near the benefactor shrimp.

Time to go cosmic

Ducky Boss wanted to talk to Dorian alone about these brain scans the team was after. However, a one on one chat was out of the question while on mission. So Ducky did what she always did, she took forward position near their patron the aquatic shrimp. Perhaps as a way to dissuade would be agressors Ducky reached deep into her armor and found the spark of the forge! In moments she was transformed into a being of pure radiance, a gleaming knight of the sun itself! Still though a specter of her former self she had regained some semblance of her cosmic knight moniker Lighting Bird.

She hits the comms to the team, ”Eyes wide people. No matter what happens, if the enemy comes from above, below, sideways, or from within we hold. If they push us to brink of defeat we hold. We gave our word to see this cargo through safety. No matter what we hold this line.” +1 toughness +1 unshake for the team.
GM read notes on armor. Evil doers must make a fear check at -2, no increased damage from called shots, cannot be ganged up, if aware of attack -2 pen to hit
1 pt, Altered Form(Cosmo Knight use Sun Light energy)( -1 requires activation)(-1 Limitation: Duty to the Cosmic Forge, failing this mean the Cosmic Knight form does not activate until they have atoned for their misdeed)
1 pt Cosmic Speed, not really but you can pretend Speed lvl 1 2pt Base Pace= Base x2(-1 contingent)
1pt -Cosmic Sight Awareness 3pt ignores obscurment penalties( requires activation(-1), contingent(-1)
Note if the character already has this ability like the Altara you cannot be ganged up on instead.
2pt -Cosmic Intuition Uncanny Reflexes 4pt( contingent(-1), requires activation(-1)
1pt -Cosmo Knight Aura Fear 3pt (terror +2, Scary -2) (contigent -1, limitation terror only works vs evil beings -1)
2pt- Cosmic Speed Extra Action 3pt( contingent-1)
Notice 8 with altaran radar
Notice with alertness altara radar: [dice:1d9qbjuc]53975:0[/dice:1d9qbjuc] wild [dice:1d9qbjuc]53975:1[/dice:1d9qbjuc] benny for EF with elan [dice:1d9qbjuc]53975:2[/dice:1d9qbjuc]
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Que

Post by Que »

Que looks at Ducky surprised. I thought the Forge rejected her, thats cool. So she still has something. I guess maybe she is more like on disaplinary probation. "Um, thats some chilling stuff there Ducky."

OOC Comments
Fearless, so unafected by the aura. Although he has definity done some evil.
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Sera

Post by Sera »

Sera spends her time travelling to the site, plugged in to the vehicle to recharge her internal battery. After on site, during the 12 hours of waiting, she puts herself into a low power use mode to make her battery last as long as she can get it to go.

After nightfall, she wakes up, "Is it time?"

Armed with her laser rifle, she will follow in the back.
Notice 7
-4 difficulty
Theif +2
Notice [dice:22ixzlsq]54037:0[/dice:22ixzlsq]
ace [dice:22ixzlsq]54037:2[/dice:22ixzlsq]
Wild [dice:22ixzlsq]54037:1[/dice:22ixzlsq]
Status Tracker
Seraphim
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny

• Construct
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison

Halo

• Construct:
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Sera wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:43 am Sera spends her time travelling to the site, plugged in to the vehicle to recharge her internal battery. After on site, during the 12 hours of waiting, she puts herself into a low power use mode to make her battery last as long as she can get it to go.

After nightfall, she wakes up, "Is it time?"

Armed with her laser rifle, she will follow in the back.
Notice 7
-4 difficulty
Theif +2
Notice [dice:2b3uus4v]54037:0[/dice:2b3uus4v]
ace [dice:2b3uus4v]54037:2[/dice:2b3uus4v]
Wild [dice:2b3uus4v]54037:1[/dice:2b3uus4v]
Ducky had never really gotten used to Seria “plugging” in. Fortunately her lack of eyes prevented anything untoward. As a Cosmo knight she had helped many different kind of peoples but none were living robots, even her former splugorth masters had eschewed the metallic robots of the kitanni in favor of organic slaves. Yet looking down at Seria blissfully recharging Ducky could not help but be reminded of a sleeping baby waiting for the world to wake them. She had saved many babies during her cosmic life. Ducky smiled thinking about the first time she had met Seria. Blissful.

” Yes time to get up Seria.”. Ducky extended a hand to help her friend up.
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

"This is all new to me. Let me know where you need me and what you need from me."

Under his breath Voss mutters, "Where is a bleepin portal when you need one."

Passive Actions _
Detect Arcana at Will, Ley Line and Rift Sifting.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Athena leads you through a tangled network of a cave system. The uneven terrain makes it difficult for those on foot, and even tricky for those who elected to use a Hydrocycle. After a couple of hours you arrive at a big empty pocket of air formed by a large cave that breaks the water level. It's nearly pitch black, and the room is littered with skeletons of all size. The water is about knee level, but you can easily stand or sit on a skeleton or one of the many suits of destroyed body armor in here to take a load off. Que's sharp eyes notice that part of the black water is moving differently than the rest. In fact, it's a lot of parts. It's native camoflage ability almost conceals the giant octopus who's hunting grounds you are in. Que shouts a quick warning to everyone, making it so that everyone has an initiative card.
Instructions
Those of you who took Hydracycles, please give me a piloting check. Failure means you take a wound and roll on the glitch table to reflect you having some sort of accident. Then roll 1d10. Multiple that by 2,000 to see how many credits worth of damage you did to the Hydrocycle. Those who are walking or flying please give me a fatigue roll as navigating all of the tight twists and turns on the uneven ground is tiring. Lastly there is a terrifyingly large Octopus in front of you. He has razor-sharp hooks at the end of his tentacles and has clearly ripped apart all comers. Please make a Fear check.
Initiative
Que Dorian and Sera may act before the Octopus. If Mr. Givens is planetside, he may as well.
Rolls
(Stolen from Rob)
Roll d56 for your initiative card.
Quick rerolls 20 or less
Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).

Que [dice:22nuww08]54188:0[/dice:22nuww08]

Quick Reroll [dice:22nuww08]54188:7[/dice:22nuww08]
Quick Reroll [dice:22nuww08]54188:10[/dice:22nuww08]

Ducky [dice:22nuww08]54188:1[/dice:22nuww08]

Dorian [dice:22nuww08]54188:2[/dice:22nuww08]

Sera [dice:22nuww08]54188:3[/dice:22nuww08]
Quick Reroll [dice:22nuww08]54188:8[/dice:22nuww08]

Vrothuss [dice:22nuww08]54188:4[/dice:22nuww08]

Mr. Givens(?) [dice:22nuww08]54188:5[/dice:22nuww08]

Giant Octopus [dice:22nuww08]54188:6[/dice:22nuww08]
Quick Reroll [dice:22nuww08]54188:9[/dice:22nuww08]
Octo Stats
Parry: 6; Toughness: 29 (14) First Strike Edge, +2 to be hit due to size
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Piloting [dice:12htj4g7]54190:0[/dice:12htj4g7] wild [dice:12htj4g7]54190:1[/dice:12htj4g7] benny ef [dice:12htj4g7]54190:2[/dice:12htj4g7]

Ducky tries her best to sheild the shrimp lady parking the hydrocycle between her and the octo. She cried out as Que shouted the warning, ”Sea Monster. Assesment? Que echo maneuver!” A maneuver she and her apprentice had practiced over and over. The crew of the soverign may have come together from their own separate ways, but they were a good crew and when push came to shove Ducky would have not other watch her back.

Fear [dice:12htj4g7]54190:3[/dice:12htj4g7] wild [dice:12htj4g7]54190:4[/dice:12htj4g7]
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Que

Post by Que »

Note to GM
Que has improved level headed and quickness for next round.
Hearing Ducky call out the command Que snaps into motion, jumping up and kicking the creature in its giant eye. Then with speed beyond the perceptive powers of any other being he begins a volley of hundreds, perhaps thousands of tiny little cuts and blows on the octopus. His single arm in no way imited when compared to the speeds he is able to land his blows before pulling away for a moment of clear assesment to allow the others to fire freely. The end result leaving it cut, bleeding and injured.
"Giant octopus Boss, looks like a craken without the upper humanoid parts. It has an eye, I am going to kick it."

OOC Comments
Agility Trick (free action, kick to eye, Size mod?)
Agility [dice:nn0vf62b]54221:0[/dice:nn0vf62b]
Wild [dice:nn0vf62b]54221:1[/dice:nn0vf62b]

First Attack (Fighting d10, Size?)
Fighting [dice:nn0vf62b]54221:2[/dice:nn0vf62b]
Wild [dice:nn0vf62b]54221:3[/dice:nn0vf62b]
DAMAGE: Strength [dice:nn0vf62b]54221:6[/dice:nn0vf62b] + [dice:nn0vf62b]54221:7[/dice:nn0vf62b] + 10 AP 4

Second Attack (Fighting d10, Size?)
Fighting [dice:nn0vf62b]54221:4[/dice:nn0vf62b]
Wild [dice:nn0vf62b]54221:5[/dice:nn0vf62b]
DAMAGE: Strength [dice:nn0vf62b]54221:8[/dice:nn0vf62b] + [dice:nn0vf62b]54221:9[/dice:nn0vf62b] + 10 AP 4
As he looks Que sees the sum effect of the cuts he thought would be devistating to the creature, add up to little more than a scratch!

Moments earlier. "Hey Big D. You know they are about to be ambushed, so I need you to prepare to teleport down. Mr. G, better get over here fast!" Giving only the last moment for Dorian to seal his helmet and grab his tools Que grabs him and the two flex reality aroun them. Suddenly Givens and Dorian are staring at a giant octopus!
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Resist Trick
Agility [dice:2gezkmqv]54222:0[/dice:2gezkmqv]
Wild Die [dice:2gezkmqv]54222:1[/dice:2gezkmqv]

Failure, Octopus is at a -2 to Parry until his next action
The beast desperately tries to grab at Que as he flickers back and forth, but only manages to tangle its massive tentacles up, causing him to temporarily be vulnerable.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Dorian Falstaff

Que wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:12 am Moments earlier. "Hey Big D. You know they are about to be ambushed, so I need you to prepare to teleport down. Mr. G, better get over here fast!" Giving only the last moment for Dorian to seal his helmet and grab his tools Que grabs him and the two flex reality aroun them. Suddenly Givens and Dorian are staring at a giant octopus!
Smarts rolls: Dorian, Givens
Dorian Smarts [dice:15c3rsgc]54223:0[/dice:15c3rsgc]
Wild [dice:15c3rsgc]54223:1[/dice:15c3rsgc]
Givens Smarts [dice:15c3rsgc]54223:2[/dice:15c3rsgc] Ace [dice:15c3rsgc]54223:4[/dice:15c3rsgc]
Wild [dice:15c3rsgc]54223:3[/dice:15c3rsgc] [dice:15c3rsgc]54223:5[/dice:15c3rsgc]
Looking up from the decryption Dorian looks less than surprised. "It has been a couple of hours hasn't it. That it took this long for them to find a fight must be some kind of record." With an exaggerated sigh he stands and goes to retrieve his machine gun. Givens also gears up but with fewer theatrics and the two are ready when Que pops them down.
fear tests: Dorian , Givens
Dorian Spirit [dice:15c3rsgc]54223:16[/dice:15c3rsgc]
Wild[dice:15c3rsgc]54223:17[/dice:15c3rsgc]
Fear table roll [dice:15c3rsgc]54223:20[/dice:15c3rsgc] Major Phobia, the dark
Givens Spirit [dice:15c3rsgc]54223:18[/dice:15c3rsgc]
Wild [dice:15c3rsgc]54223:19[/dice:15c3rsgc]
At first Dorian doesn't see what the problem is but then he kicks his optics on and the cave is revealed to be filled with a tentacled mass reminiscent of some horror the splugorth might birth. He couldn't help but wonder in fear to the point of distraction what other horrors might lurk out in the dark water where his visual sensors failed to penetrate.
Givens acclimates slightly faster than Dorian and move towards the massive beast, his great chainsword reving up to full speed. Stepping up to the tentacle nearest him he brings it down in a cleaving chop.
Givens Fighting 9, Damage 29 AP4 1 wound
Modifiers Octo's size +2, H2H wiring +2, +2 weapon mods
Fighting [dice:15c3rsgc]54223:6[/dice:15c3rsgc] +2=9
Wild [dice:15c3rsgc]54223:7[/dice:15c3rsgc]
Damage [dice:15c3rsgc]54223:8[/dice:15c3rsgc] [dice:15c3rsgc]54223:9[/dice:15c3rsgc] [dice:15c3rsgc]54223:10[/dice:15c3rsgc]
"Looks as though Mr. Que timed our arrival perfectly Lord Director."

"Giant monsters in filthy caves, it's everything I had imagined." The Altess observes archly, barely keeping his voice from trembling as he sweeps his darksight from nook to cranny, trying to see everything at once. "I swear, I can't leave you people alone for a few hours without..." Gesturing at the beast with his machine gun he then lets lose a burst at its eye.
Shooting 9, damage 32 AP2, 1 wound
Modifiers; called shot big ass eye -2, tw using tw wep +2, 3RB +2, weapon mods +1, Net +3
Shooting [dice:15c3rsgc]54223:11[/dice:15c3rsgc] Bennie for EE [dice:15c3rsgc]54223:15[/dice:15c3rsgc]
Wild [dice:15c3rsgc]54223:12[/dice:15c3rsgc]
Damage [dice:15c3rsgc]54223:13[/dice:15c3rsgc] [dice:15c3rsgc]54223:14[/dice:15c3rsgc] Ace! [dice:15c3rsgc]54223:21[/dice:15c3rsgc] (+4 damage from gun, +4 from called shot, +2 from 3RB)
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Soak

Dorian
Vigor [dice:3oyywnh8]54242:0[/dice:3oyywnh8]
Wild Die [dice:3oyywnh8]54242:1[/dice:3oyywnh8]

Benny to reroll
Vigor [dice:3oyywnh8]54242:2[/dice:3oyywnh8]
Wild Die [dice:3oyywnh8]54242:3[/dice:3oyywnh8]
Ace [dice:3oyywnh8]54242:4[/dice:3oyywnh8]

Mr. Givens
Vigor [dice:3oyywnh8]54242:5[/dice:3oyywnh8]
Wild Die [dice:3oyywnh8]54242:6[/dice:3oyywnh8]
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Sera

Post by Sera »

Fear 19
Spirit [dice:2m1xfzhh]54317:0[/dice:2m1xfzhh]
Ace [dice:2m1xfzhh]54317:4[/dice:2m1xfzhh]
Wild [dice:2m1xfzhh]54317:1[/dice:2m1xfzhh]
Sera is unphased from the sight of the giant octopus.
Shooting 11, 19 damage AP 2, no wounds
+2 from Monster Size
Shooting [dice:2m1xfzhh]54317:2[/dice:2m1xfzhh]
Wild [dice:2m1xfzhh]54317:3[/dice:2m1xfzhh]

3d6 AP 2
Damage [dice:2m1xfzhh]54317:5[/dice:2m1xfzhh]
Bonus Damage [dice:2m1xfzhh]54317:6[/dice:2m1xfzhh]
Ace [dice:2m1xfzhh]54317:7[/dice:2m1xfzhh]
Benny to Reroll damage
Damage [dice:2m1xfzhh]54317:8[/dice:2m1xfzhh]
Bonus Damage [dice:2m1xfzhh]54317:9[/dice:2m1xfzhh]
Benny to Reroll damage
Damage [dice:2m1xfzhh]54317:10[/dice:2m1xfzhh]
Ace [dice:2m1xfzhh]54317:12[/dice:2m1xfzhh]
Bonus Damage [dice:2m1xfzhh]54317:11[/dice:2m1xfzhh]
Sera shoots her laser rifle with good aim but her shoot fails to even leave a burn mark on the tough hide of the octopus.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny

• Construct
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison

Halo

• Construct:
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

OOC Comments
WIP
Obscure [dice:42g8k0jq]54330:0[/dice:42g8k0jq]
Wild Die [dice:42g8k0jq]54330:1[/dice:42g8k0jq]

Que
Fighting [dice:42g8k0jq]54330:2[/dice:42g8k0jq]
Wild Die [dice:42g8k0jq]54330:3[/dice:42g8k0jq]

Mr. Givens
Fighting [dice:42g8k0jq]54330:4[/dice:42g8k0jq]
Wild Die [dice:42g8k0jq]54330:5[/dice:42g8k0jq]
A jet black ink sprays into the water, completely enveloping the octopus. He swings two of his tentacles, one at Que and One at Mr. Givens, and narrowly misses each of them.
OOC Comments
Whoever is left in the turn order may now go. -6 to hit the octopus, unless of course, you don't use sight.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

One Darkhold...

Ducky pilots her underwater craft towards the giant tentacled creature. Her teeth grate and her Atless made sword shines finding its way into Ducky’s hand. She can almost here the voice of the forge eminate from it willing her to protect those she travels with. She cries, ” Keep it up! Protect our charge... For the forge!”

Two Dark Hold...

She spins the underwater vehicle into the black ink the creature spewed forth and drew a breath of quickened apprehension. Now was the time to strike with her allies doing all they could... Now was the time for lightning bird. Electricity arc’d throughout the water and Ducky Boss transformed lanced out through the mirk with her evicerator striking the creature in the eye.
Hit parry 5, 29AP2 shaken
+2 large creature, -4 vitals: [dice:2y8eh60f]54336:0[/dice:2y8eh60f] wild [dice:2y8eh60f]54336:1[/dice:2y8eh60f] ace [dice:2y8eh60f]54336:2[/dice:2y8eh60f]
Damage: [dice:2y8eh60f]54336:3[/dice:2y8eh60f]+[dice:2y8eh60f]54336:4[/dice:2y8eh60f] ace: [dice:2y8eh60f]54336:5[/dice:2y8eh60f]AP2 MD
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss was used to fighting in the slave quarters and amongst the ruffians that prowled the Night Market and other locations he had been sent to. Darkness was not a problem if one chose not to fight it.

Standing very still Voss calls forth his version of Hall of Mirrors (Spatial Distopr) [4 of 20 PPE]

Spellcasting 10 _
[*] Spellcasting (1d10) [dice:11fucczx]54339:0[/dice:11fucczx]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:11fucczx]54339:1[/dice:11fucczx]
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) [dice:11fucczx]54339:4[/dice:11fucczx]
Suddenly in the water near Voss, there spreads a semi circle of similar Voss's, all wearing the awkward rebreathers and definetly looking red and demonic.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Que [dice:1ajops30]54381:0[/dice:1ajops30]

Level Headed
[dice:1ajops30]54381:1[/dice:1ajops30]

Improved Level Headed
[dice:1ajops30]54381:2[/dice:1ajops30]

Ducky
[dice:1ajops30]54381:3[/dice:1ajops30]

Dorian
[dice:1ajops30]54381:4[/dice:1ajops30]

Sera
[dice:1ajops30]54381:5[/dice:1ajops30]
Quick Reroll
[dice:1ajops30]54381:10[/dice:1ajops30]

Vrothuss
[dice:1ajops30]54381:6[/dice:1ajops30]

Mr. Givens
[dice:1ajops30]54381:7[/dice:1ajops30]

Giant Octopus
[dice:1ajops30]54381:8[/dice:1ajops30]
Quick Reroll
[dice:1ajops30]54381:9[/dice:1ajops30]
Quick Reroll
[dice:1ajops30]54381:11[/dice:1ajops30]
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Dorian Falstaff

Nearly hyperventilating in his armor Dorians tries to focus and clear his head of distractions...OK, first I need more time Keying the acceleration matrix on his chest causes the world around him to slow.
activate exalted quickness, success with raise
Modifiers: Phobia -4, MM +2, net -2
Techno-wizardry [dice:3u2qylb1]54433:0[/dice:3u2qylb1]
Wild [dice:3u2qylb1]54433:1[/dice:3u2qylb1]
Then he begins pulling bits and nano-blank cartridges out and affixing them to a small drone, trying to create an mini crop duster.
Arcane machinist to make a dispel device, success with raise
Modifiers; Phobia -4, TW +2, net -2
TW [dice:3u2qylb1]54433:2[/dice:3u2qylb1]
Wild [dice:3u2qylb1]54433:3[/dice:3u2qylb1]
Activating Dispel drone, greater dispel targeting Obscure
Modifiers; Phobia -4, TW +2, net -2
TW [dice:3u2qylb1]54433:4[/dice:3u2qylb1]
Wild [dice:3u2qylb1]54433:5[/dice:3u2qylb1]
Smiling at this craftmanship despite his terror Dorian releases the drone towards the octo-beast, it circles dispersing a near invisible mist of nanite now programed to eat the "Ink' of the obscure effect. The air clears and those not blessed with radar senses can once again target the beast freely. An opportunity Mr. Givens is quick to take advantage of.

Well played Lord Director, I'm sure the rest of us will send the beast packing with all due haste." With renewed vigor the robot unleashes a flurry of strikes.
When robots attack.. shaken twice
Modifiers: Frenzy, -2, H2H wiring +2, Size +2, mods +2, net +4
Attack 1
Fighting [dice:3u2qylb1]54433:6[/dice:3u2qylb1]
Wild [dice:3u2qylb1]54433:7[/dice:3u2qylb1]
Attack 2
Fighting [dice:3u2qylb1]54433:8[/dice:3u2qylb1]
Wild [dice:3u2qylb1]54433:9[/dice:3u2qylb1]
Damage
Attack 1 [dice:3u2qylb1]54433:10[/dice:3u2qylb1] [dice:3u2qylb1]54433:11[/dice:3u2qylb1] [dice:3u2qylb1]54433:14[/dice:3u2qylb1] 26 MD AP4
Attack 2 [dice:3u2qylb1]54433:12[/dice:3u2qylb1] [dice:3u2qylb1]54433:13[/dice:3u2qylb1] [dice:3u2qylb1]54433:15[/dice:3u2qylb1] 27 MD AP4
Last edited by Dorian Falstaff on Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:01 pm, edited 9 times in total.
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Trick 17, Intimidate 5, hit 8, damage assuming raise 1 wound... Note Ducky’s parry is 2 lower than normal but she is also -2 to be hit.
Trick agility [dice:3a7jtap3]54434:3[/dice:3a7jtap3] ace [dice:3a7jtap3]54434:7[/dice:3a7jtap3]wild [dice:3a7jtap3]54434:4[/dice:3a7jtap3]: Tentacle tangle

Test of wills: Intimidation [dice:3a7jtap3]54434:5[/dice:3a7jtap3] wild [dice:3a7jtap3]54434:6[/dice:3a7jtap3]: Cosmic Thunder!

+2 large creature, +2 wild attack, -4 vitals: attack the eye ball! [dice:3a7jtap3]54434:0[/dice:3a7jtap3] wild [dice:3a7jtap3]54434:1[/dice:3a7jtap3] ace [dice:3a7jtap3]54434:2[/dice:3a7jtap3]
Damage: [dice:3a7jtap3]54434:8[/dice:3a7jtap3] plus [dice:3a7jtap3]54434:9[/dice:3a7jtap3] AP2 MD if raise [dice:3a7jtap3]54434:10[/dice:3a7jtap3]

Last Benny for reroll [dice:3a7jtap3]54434:11[/dice:3a7jtap3] plus [dice:3a7jtap3]54434:12[/dice:3a7jtap3] ap2 MD if raise [dice:3a7jtap3]54434:13[/dice:3a7jtap3]
Looks like a wound.

Lighting strikes

Ducky channeling a smidge of whom she was before her fall strikes out with electric fury. She zooms through the water on the aqua cycle tieing the creature into a big knot. Then she locks eye’s with it’s one eye with a gaze that she had only shown once to Dorian... Once was enough. Then with electric thunder she strikes out with her Atless forged blade aiming for an eye shot.
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Que

Post by Que »

Dang it, this thing just would not die. Que had little to do but support the others. Zipping back in and slashing at the creature' eyes Que tries to startle it before laying into it with a volley of hundred of minute slashes.

After the volley Que zips away faster than perceptible the water cavitating behind him as he moves.

Agility Trick 14, -2 Parry and Shaken again, Hit for 20 AP 4 MD, Hit for 28 AP 4 MD
Agility Trick (free action, kick to eye, Size mod? +2, Acrobatics +2, Dirty Fighter, Tricky Fighter total d10+6)
Agility [dice:1e25sla7]54466:0[/dice:1e25sla7]
Wild [dice:1e25sla7]54466:1[/dice:1e25sla7]

First Attack (Fighting d10, Size +2, -2 Parry)
Fighting [dice:1e25sla7]54466:2[/dice:1e25sla7] = Raise
Wild [dice:1e25sla7]54466:3[/dice:1e25sla7]
DAMAGE: Strength [dice:1e25sla7]54466:4[/dice:1e25sla7] + [dice:1e25sla7]54466:5[/dice:1e25sla7] [dice:1e25sla7]54466:10[/dice:1e25sla7] raise + 10 AP 4

Second Attack (Fighting d10, Size +2, -2 Parry)
Fighting [dice:1e25sla7]54466:6[/dice:1e25sla7] = Raise
Wild [dice:1e25sla7]54466:7[/dice:1e25sla7]
DAMAGE: Strength [dice:1e25sla7]54466:8[/dice:1e25sla7] + [dice:1e25sla7]54466:9[/dice:1e25sla7] [dice:1e25sla7]54466:11[/dice:1e25sla7] raise + 10 AP 4
Ace [dice:1e25sla7]54466:12[/dice:1e25sla7] AP 4
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Sera

Post by Sera »

Sera moves back with her laser rifle aimed at the ocotopus, This gun just doesn't have the power to do anything to this beast. She sighs in frustration.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny

• Construct
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison

Halo

• Construct:
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
Edit Signature
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss sees Dorian whip up one of his Techno Wizard devices and prays that isn't going to effect his Temporal Distortion field. While still maintaining the field, he searches through his various pockets and finds the folded up piece of paper.

He is certain this was either a laminated brochure or a really nice how-to manual. Opening it and quickly scanning the paper he picked up off the ground at the Splynn Dimensional Markets, Voss checks for the information on the TDF.

He nods his head. Then shakes his head. Finally he sighs. Dumb Dorian is going to dispel his TDF.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

The beast lets out a great roar, causing the waters around it to foam. And then it just dies, laid waste by the solid series of blows from the crew of the Sovereign.
Loot
As mentioned before, there is debris and remnants from the octopods prior victims laying around. Due to limited space and the fact that you're still on a mission, you can pick up around 100,000 each in loot of your choosing (non magical or supertech, if you aren't sure about it being allowed, ask me) or 150,000 in valuables that are simply exchanged for the equivalent amount of credits. You can not mix the two, so choose wisely.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Que

Post by Que »

Que helps Que gather up some stuff that Que can use later. "Hey Que, most of this looks pretty good. Got a lot we can sell." Nodding as they work quickly Que replies. "Yeah, must have been a boss fight for a low level dungeon. There is thousands here." As they finish up one of the Ques look at Dorian. "Hey you got what you need? This is about all I care to carry. If so let's get back to work."

Strangely the perpetually hungry Que is also holding a very large bit of squid. No doubt enough to fill even his stomach for a while.
OOC Comments
The Ques are taking 150,000 credits. No need in easing time on details.

Looks like our visitor will be going home with his own bank roll as well.
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Stoic wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:19 pm The beast lets out a great roar, causing the waters around it to foam. And then it just dies, laid waste by the solid series of blows from the crew of the Sovereign.
Loot
As mentioned before, there is debris and remnants from the octopods prior victims laying around. Due to limited space and the fact that you're still on a mission, you can pick up around 100,000 each in loot of your choosing (non magical or supertech, if you aren't sure about it being allowed, ask me) or 150,000 in valuables that are simply exchanged for the equivalent amount of credits. You can not mix the two, so choose wisely.
Dimensional Envelope _
Voss surveys the gear, equipment, and other items within the the octopod's cavern. If he can stash it for later it goes in the Dimensional Envelope. Hoarder? Maybe!
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Dorian Falstaff

Stoic wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:19 pm The beast lets out a great roar, causing the waters around it to foam. And then it just dies, laid waste by the solid series of blows from the crew of the Sovereign.
notice
Notice [dice:nun2qr8i]54657:0[/dice:nun2qr8i]
Wild [dice:nun2qr8i]54657:1[/dice:nun2qr8i]
As the beasts immense corpse sinks into the water of the cave Dorian breathes a sigh of relief. Not out of any fear from the dangers of the beast but that he would get to return to the Sovereign that much sooner. The nice, brightly lit, definitely no dark caves holding monsters ship. Slinging the TK gun to his back the Altess begins to look over what at first appears to be junk, but a more discerning look shows there is much of value here. "Between this and the pay for the job we should have more than enough to cover the repair costs."
Que wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:49 pm Que helps Que gather up some stuff that Que can use later. "Hey Que, most of this looks pretty good. Got a lot we can sell." Nodding as they work quickly Que replies. "Yeah, must have been a boss fight for a low level dungeon. There is thousands here." As they finish up one of the Ques look at Dorian. "Hey you got what you need? This is about all I care to carry. If so let's get back to work."

Strangely the perpetually hungry Que is also holding a very large bit of squid. No doubt enough to fill even his stomach for a while.
Dorian nods to the bonus Que. "Indeed, however since he's not much use to us besides lifting things perhaps Mr. Givens should accompany the team on the mission." He also pulls the dispel drone from the compartment he'd stashed it in and holds it out to Vrothuss. "In case you need it. It's still more than half charged, just will it to action like you would an enchanted device." (9 ppe left in dispel drone)
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Que nods to Dorian and helps him back to the ship. Once there he smiles and says. "Hey, be back in 10 minutes, enjoy some down time." Followed by a series of teleports back and forth and a quick shopping trip to the spice market Que has a well stocked fridge full of calamari and some new recipe books.
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Sera

Post by Sera »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice:3o6iuvr3]54693:0[/dice:3o6iuvr3]
Wild [dice:3o6iuvr3]54693:1[/dice:3o6iuvr3]
Sera swims forward and starts digging through the loot for something valuable.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny

• Construct
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison

Halo

• Construct:
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
Edit Signature
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss fill his portable envelope with enough items to be salvaged and exchanged for 150,000 credits. There will be time later to figure out how well he did in his salvage attempts.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky stood close to the groups charge. Now is not the time to forget that we are helping someone.

Softly she asks there ward, ” What is next?” She sheathed her sword and powered off her armor. The light of the cosmos faded and she was clothed in armor, an Altara. The aquatic cycle was no worse for where and she kepted it reved as she honed her radar senses on what might come next.
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

After determining what they're doing lootwise, the gear presses on, Aided by a very determined shirmpwoman.

The path continues to be treacherous, anyone who didn't elect to take a hydracycle, roll vigor at a -2 or take a fatigue penalty.

Finally after passing through such treacherous terrain (going under and over water, caves are a pain for sure) you come to a peaceful little block of land. You take in a deep breath, sucking in the salty island breeze and then, you're attacked. 8 large menacing armored anthromorphic crab people pop out of the water, armed with a variety of melee and ranged weapons. They are determined to steal the cargo at any cost.

Initiative

(Stolen from Rob)
Roll d56 for your initiative card.
Quick rerolls 20 or less
Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).

Initiative Order: Que, The Crab People (Walk like crab, taste like people), then everyone else.

Que (ILH) [dice:u9ls5yok]55382:0[/dice:u9ls5yok]

Level Headed
[dice:u9ls5yok]55382:1[/dice:u9ls5yok]

Improved Level Headed
[dice:u9ls5yok]55382:2[/dice:u9ls5yok]

Ducky 
[dice:u9ls5yok]55382:3[/dice:u9ls5yok]

Dorian 
[dice:u9ls5yok]55382:4[/dice:u9ls5yok]

Sera 
[dice:u9ls5yok]55382:5[/dice:u9ls5yok]

Vrothuss 
[dice:u9ls5yok]55382:6[/dice:u9ls5yok]

Mr. Givens
[dice:u9ls5yok]55382:7[/dice:u9ls5yok]

Crabmen (Quick)
[dice:u9ls5yok]55382:8[/dice:u9ls5yok]
Crab People Stats: Parry: 8; Toughness: 19(12)
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Que

Post by Que »

Right before the crab like warriors come shambling forward ready to attack Que says out loud over the radio without even thinking. "Crabmen, really? This has to be a joke. Poor game master must be stressed if he thinks this will slow us. He is obviously buying time while he thinks up our next challenge."

Then drawing his vibro-sword and putting on his most winning smile he moves forward with a speed beyond the limits of perception to any but himself. Figuring he must be the fastest one armed fighter in the world, he started eliminating enemies.

Two of the crab men fall apart as thousands of tiny slices accumulate into major wounds as if being attacked by a legion of vibro swords. Tumbling back away from the crab men, Que stops only a hundred yards away or so. "Well, they drop easy."

Two Very Dead Crab men, Parry reduced to 14, need 14 to hit him at range
Tricky & Dirty Fighter, Acrobat, Joker = +6 free action
Agility Trick [dice:y9z4xki2]55637:0[/dice:y9z4xki2]
Wild [dice:y9z4xki2]55637:1[/dice:y9z4xki2]

Wild Attack +2 to hit and Damage, Joker +2 to all rolls = +4
First Sword Attack [dice:y9z4xki2]55637:2[/dice:y9z4xki2]
Wild [dice:y9z4xki2]55637:3[/dice:y9z4xki2]
Damage Str+d10+10 AP 4 Roll [dice:y9z4xki2]55637:8[/dice:y9z4xki2]+[dice:y9z4xki2]55637:9[/dice:y9z4xki2]+Raise [dice:y9z4xki2]55637:10[/dice:y9z4xki2]+10+4 Joker & Wild Attack
Aces [dice:y9z4xki2]55637:11[/dice:y9z4xki2] + [dice:y9z4xki2]55637:12[/dice:y9z4xki2] + 18 AP 4
38 AP 4 Mega Damage

Second Sword Attack [dice:y9z4xki2]55637:4[/dice:y9z4xki2]
Wild [dice:y9z4xki2]55637:5[/dice:y9z4xki2]
Damage Str+d10+10 AP 4 Roll [dice:y9z4xki2]55637:13[/dice:y9z4xki2]+[dice:y9z4xki2]55637:14[/dice:y9z4xki2]+10+4 Joker & Wild Attack
22 AP 4 Mega Damage

Third Sword Attack [dice:y9z4xki2]55637:6[/dice:y9z4xki2]
Wild [dice:y9z4xki2]55637:7[/dice:y9z4xki2]
Forgot Fatigue success
Forgot Fatigue, Scene -2, Joker +2
Vigor [dice:y9z4xki2]55637:15[/dice:y9z4xki2] Wild [dice:y9z4xki2]55637:16[/dice:y9z4xki2]
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Athena 20 AP 4, Vrothuss 6 AP 4, Sera 17 AP 4
Attack of opportunity on Rob
[dice:1j3u49f0]56095:0[/dice:1j3u49f0]

Crabman 1 Against Ducky
[dice:1j3u49f0]56095:1[/dice:1j3u49f0]

Crabman 2 Against Dorian
[dice:1j3u49f0]56095:2[/dice:1j3u49f0]

Crabman 3 Against Athena
[dice:1j3u49f0]56095:3[/dice:1j3u49f0]
Ace [dice:1j3u49f0]56095:7[/dice:1j3u49f0]

Crabman 4 Against Sera
[dice:1j3u49f0]56095:4[/dice:1j3u49f0]
Ace [dice:1j3u49f0]56095:8[/dice:1j3u49f0]

Crabman 5 Against Vross
[dice:1j3u49f0]56095:5[/dice:1j3u49f0]

Crabman 6 Against Que
[dice:1j3u49f0]56095:6[/dice:1j3u49f0]

Athena Damage
Str [dice:1j3u49f0]56095:9[/dice:1j3u49f0] + [dice:1j3u49f0]56095:14[/dice:1j3u49f0] Plus Raise Damage [dice:1j3u49f0]56095:10[/dice:1j3u49f0]

Vrothuss Damage
Str [dice:1j3u49f0]56095:11[/dice:1j3u49f0] + [dice:1j3u49f0]56095:15[/dice:1j3u49f0]

Sera Damage
Str [dice:1j3u49f0]56095:12[/dice:1j3u49f0] + [dice:1j3u49f0]56095:16[/dice:1j3u49f0] Plus Raise Damage [dice:1j3u49f0]56095:13[/dice:1j3u49f0]

The crabman swipes at Que with its razor sharp claw, but doesn't even come close. The rest of the crabmen advance into melee range. About half of them hit their intended targets and the rest miss. Athena takes a brutal hit to the abdomen, Vrothuss is barely scratched, and Sera takes a good hit to the circuits.
OOC Comments
The rest of you may act. Feel free to try to soak, unshake, etc
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Dorian Falstaff

The crabman's attack fails to connect with the hulking robot. "It is most unfortunate that you choose the path of violence. Very well then." Mr. Givens swings his immense chain sword in a sweeping arc.
Fighting 10, 32MD AP 4
Modifiers: weapon mods +2, H2H reaction wiring +2. Total +4
Fighting [dice:agjjf8m5]56097:0[/dice:agjjf8m5]
Wild [dice:agjjf8m5]56097:1[/dice:agjjf8m5]
Damage Strength [dice:agjjf8m5]56097:2[/dice:agjjf8m5] Ace [dice:agjjf8m5]56097:4[/dice:agjjf8m5]
Weapon [dice:agjjf8m5]56097:3[/dice:agjjf8m5]
The swing strikes true and the crab man is nearly cleaved in two. The robot then moves to try and interpose it's self between their employer and her attacker.
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss does manage in an unnatural and awkward way to sidestep and minimize the crabman's attack. Since the assailant is so close Voss decides to use a variant of the "Wasting Disease".

Wasting Disease (Lower Trait - Vigor) 12 _
Range: Smarts (10)
Targets: 1 + 4 (5)
PPE: 2 + 4 (10 of 20 PPE)
Lowered Trait: Vigor
[*] Spellcasting (1d12) [dice:qgxttcfr]56101:2[/dice:qgxttcfr]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:qgxttcfr]56101:3[/dice:qgxttcfr]

Benny for Extra Effort
[*] Extra Effort (1d6) [dice:qgxttcfr]56101:0[/dice:qgxttcfr]
"Time to make dinner? Soft Shelled Crabs anyone?"

Five of the crabmen nearest Voss take on a sickly green colored hue and their shells and bodies actually begin to warp and wrinkle.

"I would not recommend eating those. They don't look so good."
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky slowed next to Athena. Her Atless sword was drawn and crackled with electricity. Her armor did not glow nor ignite into the brilliance it had when she faced the giant octopus. Truthfuly she recognized the desperation in the crabmen’s eyes. She had been desperate once and had fallen in with Darkstar and the black gaurd. The willingness to do what you had to do to feed your belly or family was a powerful one. Long ago she had seen the same look in the mirror that now looked at her from the crabman.

Blood had been shed, was it too late to prevent more from spilling?

”Athena, stay behind me. Givens see to her wounds. Dorian... Where the frak is he? Drinking? Frak.”. It was hard treading a noble path as part of a mercenary group, but so far her friends had always backed her play.

Loudly she shouted, ”Please no more killing... No more death. We want safe passage and are willing to pay.” Her lips pursed in a slight smile. At least @@Dorian Falstaff is going to pay.

Action holding, and if any attack she kills them.
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

The crabmen are unswayed by Ducky's words. Athena mumbles, her words greatly humbled by her collapsed lung, "they have no mercy. kill them, quickly!" This is what she is able to say before she gets into a coughing fit. A quick glance reveals that there is a lot of dark red liquid mixed into the cough.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Sera

Post by Sera »

Combat Info
Crabman 4 Against Sera
1d8: 8
Ace 1d8: 4

Sera Damage
Str 1d12: 7 + 2d6: 4, 5 Plus Raise Damage 1d6: 1

Toughness 14(6)

She takes Shaken and 1 Wound
Soak Roll 4
Vigor [dice:3677zwf8]56463:0[/dice:3677zwf8]
Wild [dice:3677zwf8]56463:1[/dice:3677zwf8]
She readies her vibro sword to defend herself as she waits for Ducky.
Last edited by Sera on Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny

• Construct
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison

Halo

• Construct:
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

As one crabman approaches she does the ole mud in the eye trick, something a few unlucky Dannies had tried unsuccessfully on her... Being blind had its benifits.

Agility trick, [dice:3nst8gu0]56464:0[/dice:3nst8gu0] wild [dice:3nst8gu0]56464:1[/dice:3nst8gu0]

At same time she took As hand and roared to Givens, ” Givens get your shiney over here and heal this woman! Where the frack is Dorian? He better not be napping!”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Dorian Falstaff

Meanwhile, Aboard a scrap merchant ship docked to the Sovereign

"C-Core compatible my well toned buttocks! These junk Golgan chips couldn't interface with anything made by civilized peoples, the only thing they should interface with is the business side of a hammer." Normally the Altess would allow one of his more friendly comrades to handle things like negotiating with merchants but with only a Que-dupe aboard with him someone with knowledge had to do the buy while the other manned the ships guns for safety, and Que knew next to nothing about parts and judging their quality so that put Dorian in the barter seat.

The junk merchant looked abashed but put the crate of chips back and brought out another. "Apologies My Lord I must have grabbed the wrong crate by mistake. Looking over the numerous signs in every know language declaring no returns Dorian doubted the truth of it being an accident. Much more negotiation was in store for him. It was going to be a long day.
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Dorian Falstaff wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:00 pm Meanwhile, Aboard a scrap merchant ship docked to the Sovereign

"C-Core compatible my well toned buttocks! These junk Golgan chips couldn't interface with anything made by civilized peoples, the only thing they should interface with is the business side of a hammer." Normally the Altess would allow one of his more friendly comrades to handle things like negotiating with merchants but with only a Que-dupe aboard with him someone with knowledge had to do the buy while the other manned the ships guns for safety, and Que knew next to nothing about parts and judging their quality so that put Dorian in the barter seat.

The junk merchant looked abashed but put the crate of chips back and brought out another. "Apologies My Lord I must have grabbed the wrong crate by mistake. Looking over the numerous signs in every know language declaring no returns Dorian doubted the truth of it being an accident. Much more negotiation was in store for him. It was going to be a long day.
It is a shame, that @Dorian Falstaff did not have more confidence in Voss. Years of his life had been spent in markets and trades. Vrothuss had learned much in the arts of negotiating. One thing though, was no one new the tech quite as well as Dorian, but Voss would never tell him that openly. Still if Dorian got wise and sent Voss will a data pad for a shopping list, Voss could judge quality and dicker prices quite easily.

Back on the water planet, Voss was trying to figure a way to steam the crabs where the others from the Soveriegn would be unimjured.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Instructions
Ok, this is taking way longer than I wanted it to, so we're going to move to quick combat. Everyone roll an appropriate trait at a -2 and then describe your action. Once we hit five successes, the crabmen are defeated and your mission is over.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Dorian Falstaff

Ducky wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:41 am At same time she took As hand and roared to Givens, ” Givens get your shiney over here and heal this woman! Where the frack is Dorian? He better not be napping!”
Kneeling beside Athena Mr. Givens slots his medicine skill chip and begins to examine the squid woman. "I have little data on physiologies such as hers but I will do my best Captain. As for the Lord Director, he returned to the ship. Intending to spend his take from the last encounter on parts so that repairs may begin. I do hope he lets Mr. Ques friend do the negotiating. He is terrible at bartering."
Medicine to heal Athena 4, 1 success
CK to have good medical info: Smarts [dice:31h2dllc]56863:0[/dice:31h2dllc]
Wild [dice:31h2dllc]56863:1[/dice:31h2dllc]
Modifiers to Medicine roll: -2 scene
Medicine [dice:31h2dllc]56863:2[/dice:31h2dllc]
Wild [dice:31h2dllc]56863:3[/dice:31h2dllc]Benny for EE [dice:31h2dllc]56863:4[/dice:31h2dllc]
Givens is able to staunch their employers bleeding and keep the woman from going into shock as the rest of the team keeps the raiders at bay.
After the scrap ship is well away Dorian begins to take stock of his haul. He feels pretty good about it thinking he finally got the hang of this "haggling" thing. But when the alt Que rejoins him to help install the parts the young man looks less convinced of the techno-wizards deal making prowess. Downright derisive in fact. A stance Dorian resolutely ignores as he begins piecing the disassembled engine back together.
Engineering to repair ship 7, 1 success
Modifiers: scene -4, MM +2, HJ mod +1, net -1
Engineering [dice:31h2dllc]56863:5[/dice:31h2dllc] Benny for EE [dice:31h2dllc]56863:7[/dice:31h2dllc]
Wild [dice:31h2dllc]56863:6[/dice:31h2dllc]
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Good job Givens. Just remember your master is a walking tool.

A crabby man dressed in a crab cake wondered over clacking its crab like claw, ” Bra, I be Karl the Crabber. I got to crab you otherwise my misses will not have sex with me.”

Ducky cocked her head wondering if the universal translator was malfunctioning. Ducky knocked him out cold with a quick swipe. She smiled politely and said, ”Anyone else up for some sex with Karl’s wife?”

Fighting [dice:2rrl9y6g]56864:0[/dice:2rrl9y6g] wild [dice:2rrl9y6g]56864:1[/dice:2rrl9y6g]
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss really dislikes the lack of Ley Line energy on the planet. He is so miffed by the arcane absence that he nearly misses an odd occurence. (1 Benny spent for Narrative feature)

On this little outcropping there happens to be a dimensional envelope, not his personal one but a very random one none the less. His eyes easily find the crease once he realizes it is there.

Spellcasting Trick 27 _
[*] Spellcasting (1d12) [dice:2s473fld]56899:0[/dice:2s473fld]
[*] Aced! Spellcasting (1d12+12) [dice:2s473fld]56899:2[/dice:2s473fld]
[*] Super Aced! Spellcasting (1d12+24) [dice:2s473fld]56899:3[/dice:2s473fld]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:2s473fld]56899:1[/dice:2s473fld]
Voss knows that the crabmen don't like their weakened state and they come charging for him. As they approach, Voss flips backwards and opens the dimensional envelope. Once he is certain he has at least one, he pulls on the edge of the envelope he is holding and snaps back ito place like a rubberband.

Shouting to @Ducky, "I could really use a break. Last physical exertion like this was when I was fleeing the SPlugorth Markets on Splynn."
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Sera

Post by Sera »

Fighting 4, 1 success
Fighting [dice:23nahpzp]56950:0[/dice:23nahpzp]
Wild [dice:23nahpzp]56950:1[/dice:23nahpzp]
With the peaceful solution to the crabmen out, Sera goes on the offence using her vibro sword to take down a crabman.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny

• Construct
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison

Halo

• Construct:
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Fighting 7
Fighting [dice:pksjfupa]57004:0[/dice:pksjfupa]
Wild [dice:pksjfupa]57004:1[/dice:pksjfupa] Ace [dice:pksjfupa]57004:2[/dice:pksjfupa]
Que find cutting up crab monsters to be a relatively easy affair. While he normally prefers shooting them from a distance, the water environment affects the lasers in a way he does not like. However cutting up crab can get boring as it took nearly a full second for each one he killed.
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

The crew goes through the crabmen like a hot knife through butter, speaking of which, Athena, mercifully healed by Sera, grabs a big chunk of crabmeat, and puts it into her fanny pack. She smirks, "Don't be shy, crabfolk are good eatin!" She waits for the crew to take their own spoils (or not) and then they head a few more kilometers before arriving at the final destination. She thanks you profusely and hands out the credits as promised. You are able to find the necessary parts for the ship and are taxied back up there.
Instructions
Now that he has the required parts, Dorian make make a repair roll at a -4 and have it fixed in 1d6 days. In the meantime, you notice that Dorian has been working on something odd. The ship log shows that files on numerology and cryptography have recently been loaded up, and he seems to get a far off look in his eyes sometimes. Jason, please make Dorians repair roll.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Dorian Falstaff

"Hmm, you've returned." Dorian notes looking up from an array of screens. "Hopefully you even managed to get the right parts. Mr. Givens you did look everything over I hope? Good." Directing the robot to the engine room he turns to et back to the repairs.
Repair roll, 8. Time .75 days
Modifiers: Scene -4, MM +2, armor =2, Mr. Fix-it +2, HJ bonus +1. Net +3
Repair [dice:2tp3575q]57399:0[/dice:2tp3575q]
Wild [dice:2tp3575q]57399:1[/dice:2tp3575q] +1 with aid so 8
Time to fix [dice:2tp3575q]57399:2[/dice:2tp3575q]
Givens to aid
Modifiers: scene -4
repair [dice:2tp3575q]57399:3[/dice:2tp3575q]
Wild [dice:2tp3575q]57399:4[/dice:2tp3575q]
The rest of the crew just has time to shower, eat and nap before the Altess announces the job done. "In record time, of course."
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Stoic wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:30 pm The crew goes through the crabmen like a hot knife through butter, speaking of which, Athena, mercifully healed by Sera, grabs a big chunk of crabmeat, and puts it into her fanny pack. She smirks, "Don't be shy, crabfolk are good eatin!" She waits for the crew to take their own spoils (or not)
Having grown up an orphan, an urchin, and an outcast, Voss is the first to grab him some crab meat. His portable hole, holds a fair amount of the fresh crab which he puts on ice back aboard the Soveriegn.
Stoic wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:30 pm Now that he has the required parts, Dorian make make a repair roll at a -4 and have it fixed in 1d6 days. In the meantime, you notice that Dorian has been working on something odd. The ship log shows that files on numerology and cryptography have recently been loaded up, and he seems to get a far off look in his eyes sometimes. Jason, please make Dorians repair roll.
He is able to work out using the ship's computers all right, especially when searching for Ley Lines and their signatures. That is when he stumbles upon the numerology and cryptography.

K/Arcana 21 _
[*] K/Arcana (1d12) [dice:1dew9gqu]57401:0[/dice:1dew9gqu]
[*] Aced! K/Arcana (1d12+12) [dice:1dew9gqu]57401:4[/dice:1dew9gqu]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:1dew9gqu]57401:1[/dice:1dew9gqu]
Common Knowledge 16 _
[*] Common Knowledge (1d10) [dice:1dew9gqu]57401:2[/dice:1dew9gqu]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:1dew9gqu]57401:3[/dice:1dew9gqu]
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) [dice:1dew9gqu]57401:5[/dice:1dew9gqu]
[*] Super Aced! Wild (1d6+12) [dice:1dew9gqu]57401:6[/dice:1dew9gqu]
@Dorian Falstaff "You have been busy while we were on that watery planet. I could have gotten the parts a lot cheaper than what you paid for but you have already spent the credits."

Voss points to the computer screen, "Tell me what you are looking for with all this information and I cna help simplify your research."
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

During the fight Ducky did her best to subdue her crabman foe, but something was eating at her, something Voss had said. The images of the splynn Dimensional market haunted her. She had wallowed as a Dark Guard for a year in that place silently watching lives being traded or snuffed out. Had Ducky come across Voss there? Often times Voss seemed too familiar... Perhaps.

Ducky glances at at Athena and stabs her through the head after she hands over the credits freezing the fish’s face in a permanent half smirk. A quick shake of the head and Ducky merily said as they parted ways, ” It is never good to take the life of anyone so hungry and desperate to feed their own family or have sex with their loved one.” Crestfallen Ducky looked the rest of the crew knowing she could never forgive them for murdering the crabmen. Que alone had killed so many in a blink of an eye without thought, hesitation, or remorse... Simply because the crabmen were attacking they deserved to be snuffed out??

Aboard the ship Ducky found @Dorian Falstaff and just looked at the techno wizard. She smiled sadly, ”Next time you go and I stay on the ship.” She paused unable to shake a feeling... Had Dorian been working on the ship’s computer files? I mean Ducky had never seen a file in her life yet somehow she could just sense some quantum change... ” So you’ve mucking arround the computer? Hiding something or protecting something, ploting something?”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss did his best to remain cool, calm, and collected. The Splynn Markets were a place he had no desire to return to. And Ducky made him nervous beyond reason.

The saying goes keep your friends close and sleep with the enemy so you know when they will turn on you. Voss had no intention of sleeping with Ducky but he certainly kept a wary eye. He had no desire to go back to the Market or be a slave. Anything and everything that could be done to stay free, he was doing.
During the fight Ducky did her best to subdue her crabman foe, but something was eating at her, something Voss had said. The images of the splynn Dimensional market haunted her. She had wallowed as a Dark Guard for a year in that place silently watching lives being traded or snuffed out. Had Ducky come across Voss there? Often times Voss seemed too familiar... Perhaps.
Voss remembered once dealing with the Dark Guard during a trade. His sister had rigged a psychic flash into a device that had been bought by a couple of Dark Guard. The device was designed to detect those that were hiding or belonged elsewhere. Simple device with only one drawback, when the escapee was approached, whoever was holding the device got an enormous psychic surge or flash.

Voss and his sister hated slavers. Hated them almost as much as they hated the Splurgoth.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Back on the ship Que made himself a calamari sandwich. Taking pauses as he ate long enough to talk. "Well that was a little strange, short trip to that planet and all. But I mean did anyone else feel like something weird just happened. Or maybe something weird is about to happen?

"I do not know..."
His words trail off when he sees Ducky and Voss being melancholy and paranoid together. "Um, you guys arn't planning to kill each other are you? I mean you are like being all quiet like the lone wolf character, but you keep looking at each other. I don't think the GM is going to allow PVP."

OOC Comments
@Pender Lumkiss and @Sgt 86Delta
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]

Return to “Adventure Forum”