Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas » Sun May 12, 2019 7:44 pm

Luke wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:08 pm
@Smith "Purvey Pete needs to be dealth with."

@HollyTalayuki "Toss car hoods at the inbound missiles. Then begin provide distraction by directing your throwing ability towards the transport. Got to save Shamlin."

"Tsume, 'Pas, and Red. That sound you hear is a Death's Head Transport. Maybe Sammy, Aibelth, and Victoria can help you bring that thing down. Durango has given his life and already. No one in Shamlin needs to fall to the Coalition."

He turns from everyone else and focuses on @Cassiopeia. "We have a little bit of time. If we can get this working or not. Our final action will be to bring out Big Red from the cryo freeze."

Luke waves to Sammy, Alboieth, and Victoria, "Good luck."
Antipas shakes his head as if to clear it after appearing dazed for a second. Flicking back on the speaker for his translator "Mostly agreed... I think Holly and Al hit whatever is launching those missiles. .. Tsume and I crowd control the deadboys .. and Smith supports from the fringes .. watching for their C&C to disrupt it.. Luke and Cass you two know what your doing.. get them home and join the party asap.. But no plan survives contact with reality .. so everyone do what ya can to kill coalition and save people."
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke » Sun May 12, 2019 8:37 pm

Damn the Man! _
@Pender Lumkiss wants a flashback. Haven't you taken enough from Luke already. First the wasting Disease and then getting trapped in the AStral Plane for the Forge knows how long.

Benny Spent (1 spent of the 5 million Luke has acquired over his long ass lifetime)


FLASHBACK Out of body experiences. People and beings have them but rarely do they survive them. Kind of a sad tale for most.

This last time, in route to Shamlin, had been a fairly mild experience. Not What You Think. Luke had had many out of body experiences. Shush. Don't tell anyone.

When Luke had gone after @Antipas in Intergalactic Free Space, the prison security system housing 'Pas's mental faculties. Nothing quite like tripping through another being's psychosese.

There was that time on Parka Valley Three, the resort, planet (?) in Deep Space. Luke had stumbled upon a Memory Leech while exploring a Night Reef. Thank the Forge that Xander had been there. Wrestling in the darkness of your mind while your body is several hundred feet under water, whoa that should have brought him back to reality fast. He got all his memories back, thankfully. Sadly, no way to bring the Leech back as a trophy.

The Leech had triggered some research that sent Luke traversing across the Three Galaxies and even entering the Galaxy Far Far Away. Speaking to a holocron had trapped his mind in an intricate puzzle. Full of twists to his memory and interludes to possibilities. He had encountered Ghosts of the Force, he was later told.

Trying to track the being that delivered the Disease was always the reason for his searching. Searching physicallyhad not turned up much. He was not much for Arcane abilities and those who had tried to understand could not quite grasp what it was Luke was looking for. Everything leaves a mark, a signature if you will. Some means no matter how small of identifying its activities and its presence being wherever for however long.

The power of the one being that had visited In'Valia had to have left markers or even a solid signature. There were not very many mages that followed his line of reasoning. Luke had turned to Psionics and the hidden powers of the mind to divulge the secrets, the truths he knew were there.

In'Valians are scarce. Finding one that would allow you to operate and do research on them was another beast all its own. Luke had found a scientist skilled in the Psionics and willing to let Luke piggy back on his exploration of Luke's body. Sure Astral Travel on your own is one thing, but riding tandem along with someone else is mind-numbingly slow and very irksome to Luke.

Luke on that one slow trip through his own body, down to the cellular level had found the signature he had been looking for. Luke took the signature and began running every model and every test he could think of, all in an effort to reconstruct the creature responsible for the Wasting Disease. Pieces. Fragments. Slowly building a replica of that one being in the Creation of the Forge that could alter his future and reality by giving back his mortality.
For @Cassiopeia Luke produces the Duelist Articulated Armor. "I know you like to work close to the vest. Seeing as you have nothing respectable on at the moment, maybe this suit will due for the time being."
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Tsume » Mon May 13, 2019 12:26 pm

Pod Notice 14
Notice 1d4 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Ace 1d4 = 4: 4
Double Ace 1d4 = 4: 4
Triple Ace 1d4 = 2: 2


Tsume stops as she passes by the pod, "Nya guys, who put my clyone in pod one and the red hyaired guy in pod two?" Looking at the other pods, "Cass was in pod three and that's styill empty but my clone was in pod 4 and nyat's now broken. Nya red haired guy was in pod one?"

As the group comes up above, out of the corner of her eye, Tsume notices the pods are back to normal. Tsume focuses in on the radio broadcast, listening to it.

Red Ravager
Sgt. Houser
Captain Llyboc

Making a mental note of the names said, her attention changes as Durango is running around outside shouting "They are coming, They are coming." Again her focus changes to Victoria for a moment as she speaks before she turns it back to Durango. She starts moving towards the door, as if she was going to let him in when Durango sudden is splattered by the rail gun. Tsume seems to be angered as she looks down at the sword, still in her hand. Completely distracted from seeing any lasers painting the house.
Notice 3
Notice 1d4-4 = -3: 1
Wild 1d6-4 = -1: 3
Tsume listens to the orders and prepares herself for combat. What little there is to do for that.
Last edited by Tsume on Tue May 14, 2019 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Cassiopeia » Mon May 13, 2019 12:48 pm

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:52 pm
The gas vents and roof retracts. The eerie PA that resembles Xander’s voice bellows, ”Makemeagod access code recognized. Security measures disengaged. Situation nominal.” While the team escapes unscathed the damage the gas did was unmistakable. The gas of course was fed in closest to the arsonel of weapon and items. It would have hit the medical area last and the team was able to shut down the security protocols just before the gass would have started eating through the seals of the cryo chambers.
Notice
The pods have somehow switched places. Pods 1-2 now have the weird looking Tsume, the Red haired muscular man. Pod 3 would have been Cass, and pod 4 broken. Freaky!

The medical team fixes Cass right as rain taking advantage of a verity of modern medicine, arcane know how, and advanced robotics. She no longer has any wounds and whatever wasting disease that was within no longer affects her. However the medicinal techniques do little to return her memories of how she got here.
The spidery robotic arms of the med bay schnick back into their standby configuration and the table glows the soft blue, an indicator that the procedures were complete. Cass pushes herself up and swuings her legs over the side without even stopping the steady flow of instructions to Pas. She really wants to push him away from the console and do it herself, but he is almost done and an interruption at this point could cause a cascade of failures. She balls her hands into fists on her thighs, closes her eyes and holds her breath until she hears the vents clang shut and the PA announcing the successful hack. Only then does she took her first deep breath since the cryotube opened.

Cass looks down at her long tailed, once-white shirt. It is wet and ripped straight down the back. It hangs more like a backwards cape now. She shakes her head and unbuttons the last two buttons. Then she grabs the tails and ties them behind her back like apron strings. A bit of her midriff shows over the waistband of her pants, but at least she won’t be flashing anyone and the tattered tails will stay out of her way. She swipes her bloody hands down her thighs to dry them. When she looks around, everyone is scrambling for the stairs. Luke seems to be purposefully not meeting her eyes. She’d noticed that he used his talents to heal her rather than hack the computer, but now isn’t the time to discuss that.
Basement Notice _
Notice 1d8= 1d8 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6= 1d6 = 4: 4
Aced wild 1d6= 1d6 = 3: 3 - No I didn't ace! Where is my brain?!
She stops and looks at the other cryo tubes for a second. Weren't they in a different order when she climbed onto the med bay table? She shrugs and shifts back to her cryotube to find her bag of gear stashed in the footwell. Shouldering it, she follows Pas as he charges up the stairs.
Emerging up onto the main floor, Cass can see the bones of her father’s house, but nothing in that basement had looked familiar to her. It's strange to see people (both alive and dead) that she doesn’t know in the remnants of her father’s kitchen.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:52 pm
As the house shakes, Victoria barks and grabs Antipas arm, ” Get you people ready Antipas.” She slides the device she needs to be fixed across the table, ” I need you guys to fix this or destroy it if you can’t, I will be damned if the coalition gets their hands on it...” Her voice trails off as she coldly says, ” If you can’t fix it. You will need to kill us too. I have had the unpleasure of being in their ranks. I’ve seen their interrogation techniques. They cannot have our knowledge.”
Cass reaches for the device at the same time as Luke and smiles weakly at him as he slides it to the corner of the table between them. He pulls out a nano-tech device and places it in her hands.
Luke wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 8:37 pm
For @Cassiopeia Luke produces the Duelist Articulated Armor. "I know you like to work close to the vest. Seeing as you have nothing respectable on at the moment, maybe this suit will due for the time being."
She looks at the armor, because it's obviously armor, and back up at Luke. She opens her mouth like she's about to protest and then snaps it shut as the sound of railgun fire drowns out any attempt at conversation. She glares at him disapprovingly, but spends a minute opening up the neck of her shirt and placing the suit against her skin just below the hollow of her throat.
Upstairs Notice -4
Notice 1d8-4 = 1d8-4 = -3: 1
Wild 1d6-4= 1d6-4 = 0: 4
Cass notices nothing.
The armor flows out over her skin, over the tatters of her shirt and clothes like paint dripping down her limbs. It expands over her bracer and gloves, and then contracts back seal around them, leaving her own TW devices unhindered. It expands up over her head, briefly forming a sealed helmet until Cass flicks her head and it contracts back down to her neckline. When it finally settles in like a second skin under her clothes, she looks down at the smooth ripple of tiny metallic plates covering her chest and arms. "Well this is going to come in handy!"

She turns back to Luke and the device on the table between them. "Come on, big guy. Let's get this fixed so we don't miss out on all the fun."
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Techno Wizard
Pace: 6 Parry:6 Toughness: 6
Wounds: None
PPE: 11/20
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Right behind me, Master of Magic, Marks of Heritage
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke » Mon May 13, 2019 4:52 pm

@Cassiopeia "No time to waste looking pretty, there Cass." Luke's faceplate peels back and Luke gives Cass a wink and a smile.

"Xander, we need the schematics of the device. "

Luke leaves the faceplate open while he scrutinizes the time stream device.

Investigation 7, +1 success _
Scene Modifier -4
Investigator Edge +2
[*] Investigation 1d10 = 9: 9
[*] Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
As Xander begins feeding the schematical data to Luke through the suit, Luke turns his right palm up and a 3D holodisplay appears. Text and formula scroll up through the display.

"Cass, you see anything that stands out to you?"
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke » Mon May 13, 2019 5:37 pm

@Antipas, @HollyTalayuki, @Tsume, and @Smith

Patching in through the PA system in the house with Xander's help, Luke give an All Points Bulletin.

"'Pas don't question me on this."

Pausing and waiting, he then continues, "Easily one Death's Head Transport. Two to Four SAMAS,"

Luke pauses again. Getting his bearings on the matter. "I almost missed the tracked vehicle, one of the Mark series I would guess. It is hard to hear clearly through all the screams of the Fan Club Girls."

Lightning quick he catches 'Pas's arm, his faceplate retracts, "'Pas I am sorry for being so blunt but there isn't time for pleasantries. You must do what you do best. Lead from the front. Thanks my friend. Cass and I will join you soon."
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Cassiopeia » Mon May 13, 2019 5:45 pm

Luke wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 4:52 pm
Luke leaves the faceplate open while he scrutinizes the time stream device.
...
As Xander begins feeding the schematical data to Luke through the suit, Luke turns his right palm up and a 3D holodisplay appears. Text and formula scroll up through the display.
...
"Cass, you see anything that stands out to you?"
K/Engineering fix it
Machine maestro +2
K/Engineering 1d10+2= 1d10+2 = 8: 6
Wild 1d6+2 = 1d6+2 = 4: 2
2 Successes

Cass reaches out a finger and touches the time steam device. She concentrates and lets it speak to her. After a couple seconds she whips out a tiny multitool and cracks the cover open. Let me try changing the .... That.. Wow! That's new to me...Okay. Try that.
Last edited by Cassiopeia on Tue May 14, 2019 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Techno Wizard
Pace: 6 Parry:6 Toughness: 6
Wounds: None
PPE: 11/20
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Right behind me, Master of Magic, Marks of Heritage
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Alenysturathe » Tue May 14, 2019 1:04 am

Notice 4
Notice 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Notice -1
-4 difficulty
Notice 1d6-4 = -1: 3
Wild 1d6-4 = -1: 3
Invisibility 7
-2 MAP from picking up the anti-tank laser
Psionics 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Benny to Elan EE 1d6+5 = 7: 2
Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenys sighed as the security measures ceased. Her greedy dragon heart looked with sadness on the slagged pile of gear. At least she had her anti-tank laser!

“Hey...did the pods move around?” Alenys asked, indicating the cryo tubes. “I swear the guy was over there. And where’s Azumi?”

Alenys hurried up the stairs to find Victoria swearing over some device she needed fixed and the Coalition attacking the town.

"Tsume, 'Pas, and Red. That sound you hear is a Death's Head Transport. Maybe Sammy, Aibelth, and Victoria can help you bring that thing down. Durango has given his life and already. No one in Shamlin needs to fall to the Coalition," Luke instructed.

“Call me if you need my help.” Alenys rushed outside in time to see Durango cut to ribbons by railgun fire.

“NO!” Alenysturathe’s scream turned into a roar as she transformed, Her gear absorbed into her body except her new anti-tank laser, which she clutched easily in her claws. Powerful wings beat and lifted her into the air.

Then her form blurred and disappeared as she masked herself from the minds of the Coalition forces.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
***

Invisibility: -4 to Notice and and attacks. (3r)
Last edited by Alenysturathe on Thu May 16, 2019 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki » Wed May 15, 2019 12:17 pm

1d4 = 1: 1 Notice Pods
1d6 = 1: 1 Notice Pods

1d4-4 = -2: 2 Notice Laser
1d6-4 = -3: 1Will Laser

*Holly nods at Luke* "So be it. I'll stop them by any means.. Holly won't allow this town to fall.. I'll stop the inbound missiles and then whatever shooting them! Any follow up orders just shout in Talayukian.. my ears are yours.

Adventurer Card Double Pace. Speedy Gonzales

Holly races out of the building dropping to all fours and looks to be moving at a blur letting her wolf like movements take over with a chip on her shoulder about the urgency not even getting a chance to talk or spend any time with the group or Luke but feeling up to the challenge and ready to fight. "Is the 77th ever not about to die?" She chuckles as she jumps out of the hole in the building and releases her restraint form. "Much better.. Let's hope I don't mess this up....No.. I won't.. Takeru.. I'm here to help. " She takes the highest spot to take out the first missile punching it from the roof top as high as her hand will reach so the explosions damage is minimized on her versus direct blast while keeping it as high in the air above her thinking.. most of the blast will be high.. I'll absorb the rest.. your okay Shamlin.

Fighting Roll -4 Speed(+2 Adventurer Card ""NO. I'm faster!" -2 Limb Sized Target) Total -4
1d10-4 = 4: 8 Fighting Success
1d6-4 = -3: 1 Wild


1d4 = 4: 4 Notice "Where's the missile coming from?!
Aced 1d4 = 1: 1 Total: 5
1d6 = 4: 4 Wild
1d4 = 1: 1

Holly gasps from the impact falling backward and takes a deep breath her face exasperated. "Foul beings... They messed with the wrong Talayukian.. I'll tundra them.. -She takes a breath bolting to the second missile with her increased pace pushing her body to her limits and jumps up grabbing it in the air in case it explodes but she hopes she can throw it back to give them a taste of their own medicine- "Come on Holly.. you got this..What's this body good for if not this.. IM NO COWARD! Talayukis live sheltered on the home world... I'm lucky to be here to make a difference and I will.. Watch this 77th... I will earn the title of ally." -She grips the missile between both hands in the air and prepares for the blast but hopes for the best.

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas » Wed May 15, 2019 1:26 pm

Luke wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 5:37 pm
Lightning quick he catches 'Pas's arm, his faceplate retracts, "'Pas I am sorry for being so blunt but there isn't time for pleasantries. You must do what you do best. Lead from the front. Thanks my friend. Cass and I will join you soon."
Antipas gives his friend a faint smile and chuckles, "None needed. I don't think scrap metal will stop vehicular weapons is all I was saying. And I'm certainly not about to go armchair general on you.' Snapping his new shotgun out of the rack on his backpack and letting his hood fall back so as to reveal his tattoos, he walks towards the door.
HollyTalayuki wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 12:17 pm
"Is the 77th ever not about to die?" She chuckles as she jumps out of the hole in the building and releases her restraint form.
"Not that I've seen, heh, reminds me of home."

"Luke please have Xander Panama their comms." He leaves the choice of music to the AI and steps out the door and assess what he can see. Moving towards where he saw Durrango fall he tunes in to the CS channel and hears this.
K:Battle 2
Knowledge Battle 1d4 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Last edited by Antipas on Wed May 15, 2019 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki » Wed May 15, 2019 2:06 pm

1d8 = 3: 3 Soak Roll #1
1d6 = 2: 2 Wild
Reroll
1d8 = 4: 4
1d6 = 4: 4
Reroll
1d8 = 4: 4
1d6 = 3: 3
Reroll
1d8 = 1: 1
1d6 = 6: 6
1d6 = 2: 2 Aced
1d6 = 4: 4
2 Successes Missile 1 Down 5 Bennie's left.

1d8 = 5: 5
1d6 = 4: 4
Reroll
1d8 = 6: 6
1d6 = 5: 5
Reroll
1d8 = 2: 2
1d6 = 5: 5
Reroll
1d8 = 2: 2
1d6 = 1: 1
Reroll
1d8 = 6: 6
1d6 = 6: 6 Aced
1d6 = 2: 2

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3413
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Wed May 15, 2019 3:55 pm

The first missile heading towards the nearby Shamlin school filled with fan girls cowering gets redirected slightly but still might take Holly’s arm off! The girls ooh and ahh at the heroics of such a cuddly supernatural beast!

The second missile nearly plunged into the Shamlin bar called Aillies Heel. A few patrons are on the floor including the lovely miss Ally herself whom batts an eye at Holly deftly tries to grab the missile meant for them. She exclaims throwing her blond hair back, ” Oh that’s my hero!”

@HollyTalayukitook only two wounds and now has a chance to have a medium sized missile in her hands. Holly also gets 5 bennies left.
Lets do a bit of a redo here ok? Make a fighting roll at -6 (Called shot -2, speed -2, large -2) TN 4, and fail we will reroll damage. Success you got a live missile.

Kn electronics as the opposed roll 1d8-2 = 1: 3 benny for extra effort 1d6 = 1: 1

-Sorry when I can find time to get back into hangouts I will. I think I made an error on the nature of what exactly holly was doing. You are right makes sense the missile does not immediately explode. Again terribly sorry, anyone who wants to know the how and why deserves better than what I gave. My sincerest apologies.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki » Wed May 15, 2019 9:20 pm

OOC Comments
1d10 = 1: 1 Fighting
1d6 = 2: 2 Wild
Reroll
1d10 = 9: 9
1d6 = 4: 4
Reroll
1d10 = 1: 1
1d6 = 6: 6 Aced
1d6 = 3: 3
Reroll Wild Ace
1d6 = 2: 2
Last edited by HollyTalayuki on Thu May 16, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki » Thu May 16, 2019 12:07 am

-Holly gasps her clothes torn asunder from the first blast of the missile. She grips the second missile in her hands as she breaths looking around the town and getting ready to further defend it.- "We can't keep this town in the cross fire.. Hope everyone else does okay. This is definitely a sticky situation if we want to save everyone.."

User avatar
Smith
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Smith » Sat May 18, 2019 6:18 pm

Notice, Nope, K/Computers 7
WIP
Notice 1d6-4 = -2: 2
Wild Die 1d6-4 = 0: 4

K/Computers 1d8-2 = 3: 5
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Benny Extra Effort
1d6 = 3: 3
Smith examines the computer problem and frantically tries to come up with a solution. The stress of it all has caused big beads of sweat to form on his forehead, he pulls his shirt off and uses it to mop some of it up.

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3413
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sun May 19, 2019 9:28 am


Tsume got the joker draw, +1 benny for all players. Tsume get’s +2 damage and trait rolls for the round
Card draws: viewtopic.php?f=172&t=3907#p53651
Pics and Stats of Cool CS Vehicles and SAMAS
5449A883-0773-4C2F-96BD-4FA1A670D892.png
DHT x1, 200” away in the air(100”). Size 10, Acc/TS 30/245, Toughness 52 (30), Crew 2+407
5449A883-0773-4C2F-96BD-4FA1A670D892.png (110.8 KiB) Viewed 9669 times
0A86F385-E7B2-4F28-8CAA-00A5B7895385.jpeg
Samas x10 , 9 are 60” away and 1 inside the house, Cha: 0; Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (10) MDC
0442C718-9B73-4D86-8820-8D2B7D22A152.jpeg
Mark III x1 50” away Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Toughness 31 (16), Crew 2+8, Remaining Mods (1) Medium Laser, Medium Ion
Both Sammy and Ailbhe have crouched down with their weapons drawn waiting. Victoria seems for the moment concentrating on the encrypted conversation playing over the small radio device she had set on the table.

A calm authoritative voice identifying himself as Captain Lyboc commands his troops crackles over the radio, ” It would seem my Talayukian prize has taken the field... A creature we have nothing to fear and much to learn from. Lt Michaels do me a favor and detonate that missile she is holding onto at your earliest convenience. Her body will bring me many insights.” A brief pause and then the man continues, ”Sgt. Howser move your Mk III into place and use it scanners to reacquire the Red Ravager, it has disappeared off of our visual scopes. It appears our ground forces have made contact with our operative Peete. Have them take out the Grackletooth running towards the glitter boy. Obviously he is the pilot. Lt. Daniels you and your SAMAS wing have permission to destroy that house.“

The radio crackles and a cyborg’s synthesized voice responds, ”Understood Captain Lyboc. The beast took my body and I’ll take its. Upon this day one of us will die. Weapons are fully charged and scanning has commenced. Opening fire on the civilians.”

Another voice, female and full of life and fun responds, ” Nice Bucket, keep thinking like that and you’ll get a real heart. Haha, ok gentlemen you heard the Captain, lock and load, Kappa 5 formation. Lets give them a nice goodbye. Rocket going hot in 5...”

The woman was cut off by a hot rocket jockey blaring flight of the valkeryi, ” No can do Daniels. You might be sexy but I put the dream in team! Haha! Going in for some close and personal combat!”


Outside
The ally across the way between two hulking monster truck hulls remains dark and unexplored. Laser targeting or not, the ally is dark covered in the shadow of a fading sunlight. A few children huddled in one of the monster truck buildings are peaking out pointing at something down below.

Durango’s body lies bloody in the street. Over 100 rounds of hot rail gun fire had hit his position. Amazingly the kid’s eyes are wide open with panic and he is crawling towards you leaving a trail of blood, ”Th... Coali...tion”

His Dad Kozco keeps running a bit ahead of Holly towards his Glitterboy stationed in the center of town. Tears are running down his face. He is yelling to the Shammies, " Get back to your homes... Into the basements if you have them!! Clear the streets! Clear the streets!"

Rolling over a microbus home at the outskirt of Shamlin a smaller version of a Mark V apc (Mark III) with wheels instead of treads is heading towards the general area the group is at. Several towns people are running away as its mounted anti civilian mini gun attempts to chew them up.

In the air flying over Shamlin The SAMAS flying in V formation split into three squads about 8” apart, two squads of 4 and one squad of 1 (They form an equilateral triangle with each group being an end of the triangle). The squad of 1, has its helmet pained dark red instead of the normal black. They look to all have railguns at the ready. A couple of them fire off a couple of practice rounds into some houses as they fly towards the house the group is mostly at. The lead one seems to be readying its leg rockets to go in Antipas' uncles house. A single Samas shoot away from the V formation hitting its afterburner heading straight for the house the Stormforge built!

The shadow of the hi flying Death Head eclipses the fading sun a bit more adding an errie shadow to the Town of Shamlin. Its weapons rotate both training on Holly and searching for something else... Something even more deadly.
Victoria frowns at the radio chatter. She looks at Cass, Smith, and Luke. One eye raises noticing the sheen on Smith’s sculpted chest. If the CS was not here things might have gone a different direction.

Not letting her tactical mimd go to waste she barks, ” Sammy, Ailbhe stay close. If Claude’s team can’t fix our device in 5 seconds we will need to go down to the basement. Anything short of nuke and we will make it. Antipas, make sure your team watches Kozco’s back. If he can make it to his suit we got half a chance against the death head.”

She takes a breath about to say more when from the hole in the roof a SAMAs comes crashing down landing in a power pose with duel embedded vibro blades extended. It’s loud speaker blares, ”Did someone order take out? Time to die D-bees.” Music from the loud speaker

Temporal Device, Luke, Cass, and Smith

A weird and fantastic device capable of opening a rift not in space but time. For your skill and know how, reorienting it to more of a space/dimention slide is easy enough except... A small eddy of temporal power forms within the device itself. You would have not noticed it except that you were all focusing on it at the same time so it caught your attention. Xander, luke’s suit beeps and boops activating the loud speaker, ” Do not let that creature come through. My sensors indicate and the logs decrypted so far would indicate it is a creature known Night Terror was fought at some point in shamlin. The heroes that fought it trapped it within a time vortex prision. Somehow the prision has weakened and the creature is trying to exist. We need to finish realigning the device, but the Night Terror will oppose us. Seal your minds!”

At Xanders warning a power takes hold of each of you. Smith, you feel like no one has given you permission to proceed with altering the device further. What you are doing is akin to stealing or wronging someone who deserves a second chance (Code of Honor). Cass, you can hear a clan elder whisper in your ear, Step away and let him come through. Luke a great lidless eye fills your mind as if you were looking at the eye of the god that had long ago cursed your people (Mania). Whatever the cause, the members working on the device feel dread that soaks to their very core.

Step 1: Fear check at -2
Step 2: If you succeed or the result of the fear check still lets you continue, proceed to step 3 (Shaken characters will need to unshake first per normal rules)
Step 3: Dramatic task,
4/5 successes needed
Rounds: last round (this was accelerated by the poor draw) and takes a characters entire turn to participate.
Skills allowed: Technical skills
Scene modifier: -4
Target Number: 7


Holly
A medium sized vehicular rocket armed and ready to explode is in your mits. Holly knows jostling it too much will probably make it explode. The survivors of the bar look up in wonderment and cheer. Hurah! Even the missile seems to be celebrating as a few lights on its embedded radio reciever blink on and off almost winking goodbye to the Talayukian.
Any movement will require an agility roll or boom it explodes, running will make the agility roll at -2.
Tsume
For a brief second you feel disoriented. It is almost like you blacked out for a split second, but you are back to normal.

Xander for Luke
Xander blares in Lukes ears, ”Warning Warning servo motors have been comprimised... Warning warning... We have detected a breech to our servo control box. Motor control will be limited until repairs can be initiated.”
Using the suit for anything will result in a -1 penalty due to some kind of technical difficulty until repaired.
Notice -2 inside

Success: You feel a rush of air inside which is weird because their is no breeze, and the walls still remain mostly in tack.
Notice -2 outside
You see shifting shapes in the shadows as the sun sets... Ooooo spooky.
Legion Radios
Seems to be some static on the comms, intermitent... If you listen really closely you can hear someone saying, ”Morose... Captain... Shhhh.... Gaiter...... Shhh..... Please....”
OOC Comments
Fear: Invalid dice code! wild Invalid dice code! doh! 4 for main group
Fear: Invalid dice code! wild Invalid dice code! 9 for one WC never having met
Holly
Two other wild cards have encountered Talayukian Holly, no roll
3D590221-4879-4A16-BE98-BF5C0C979A59.jpeg
Fear

OK Players go first and Action happens as people post. Tsume got a Joker, Luke is at a further -1 penalty to do anything involving his suit (Check the OCC). Top of post has the enemy pics and stats.
recap:
1 DHT 200” away, height 100”
9 SAMA 60” away, height 10”
1 SAMAS in the house
1 Mark III 50” away
A is in the middle of the street flying
H is near the bar
K is running back to the barn.
Everyone is in the house.
01952132-E5BF-40BF-A567-6276EB6ADD99.png
MAP Round 1
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke » Sun May 19, 2019 5:40 pm

Brave Edge _
"There is no going back. What is powering the device, stays in the device."
Mania, Fear Check 10 _
Luke sees the ey in his sleep at times. Seeing it now, while disturbing, is not surprising. He can name several times being trapped in the AStral Realm has been far more scary. Guess this something he is just going to have to work through.
Brave Edge +2
Scene Modifier -2
[*] Spirit 1d8 = 8: 8
[*] Aced! Spirit 1d8+8 = 10: 2
[*] Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Impulsive _
Not much to say. When Luke is right, he is always right and acts accordingly. And when he is wrong he acts anyway until it is right.
K/Science 8 _
Xander Tech Diff -1
Scholar +2
[*] K/Science 1d10 = 8: 8
[*] Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild 1d6+6 = 9: 3


With Xander on a light spin and rinse cycle, Luke pulls out a pen light and a standard flat head screwdriver. Using the laser from the pin light, Luke points out the specific triggers necessary to resynch the rift lockdown. The screwdriver he uses to tap nervously, waiting for @Cassiopeia and @Smith to finsih the delicate work that Luke can not due with out his suit, Xander.

Avoid Being Pendered _
Things are going so well that Luke imagines himself dressed up as a rich red velvet cupcake with vanilla cream cheese frosting with red, white, and pink colored chocolate sprinkles. HELL YEAH, I'm a DAMN SnowFlake.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Tsume » Sun May 19, 2019 7:53 pm

Over the radio, Tsume hears someone declare, ” No can do Daniels. You might be sexy but I put the dream in team! Haha! Going in for some close and personal combat!” Victoria starts saying some orders but Tsume feels disoriented for a brief second as she blacks out for a split second and misses what she said. But it passes and she is back to normal. Tsume has her Runic Longsword ready in hand as the Samas comes crashing down landing in a power pose ready to fight and makes a declaration but Tsume was ready. It declares, ”Did someone order take out? Time to die D-bees.” Tsume rushes in with her new found Runic Longsword with a mighty blow, she cleaves the power armor right down the center, cutting the poor man in two. He slumps over and falls to pieces, blood spraying everywhere as he splits.
Attack 15, 34 damage (4 wounds)
+2 damage
+2 trait rolls
Fighting 1d12+2 = 8: 6
Wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Extra Effort with Elan 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Total 15

Runic Longsword
Damage 1d8+STR MD AP2
STR 1d6 = 1: 1
Weapon 1d8 = 3: 3
Raise 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 5: 5
subtotal 15
AP 2
Other +2
subtotal 17
Joker: Mighty Blow = Double Damage

34 Damage

Samas 1 inside the house, Cha: 0; Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (10) MDC
AP 2 reduces Toughness to 15
"Nyatch who you are calling a dee bee, nya!" Now covered in blood, Tsume panics for a second and looks like she may start looking for a towel if someone doesn't direct her otherwise.
Notice 4
Make Notice -2
Joker +2 to Trait Checks
Notice 1d4 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
The hairs on her tail stand on end as she feels the rush of air with no breeze.
Last edited by Tsume on Mon May 20, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Cassiopeia » Mon May 20, 2019 8:31 am

Fear_
Fear Check -2: Spirit 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Fright Table: 1d20+2 = 18: 16 Major Phobia of the Night


FLASHBACK She could feel his fetid breath in her ear and his boney fingers on her arms, just as if she were once again that scared, naked girl she’d been the first night he’d first touched her. Back then she’d been standing a night trail. As a part of their Atlantean training, each youngling was taken unarmed and unclothed out into the night. They were given a location to guard or patrol and required to stay alert until dawn. Her first placement had been in the wilderness, but the second time she was placed in a necropolis that sat on a hill above the city. For more than an hour she’d stood at attention at the foot of the stairs to an alter-like tomb. She felt she could see darker shapes moving in the darkness around her. Her hearing became acute and every bump and scratch in the night was an invisible foe poised for attack.

She never actually heard Elder Wrernonth approach. One minute she was staring intently at a black shape in front of her, trying to discern movement and the next a hand was wrapped around her mouth, silencing her involuntary scream. She recognized his voice as he whispered commands into her ear, telling her to stand still and silent, describing the horrible consequences he would enact if she disobeyed. The hand not covering her mouth slid over her skin. It seemed to go on for hours, He panted harsh and fast against her neck as his hands roamed her body in painful exploration. Finally with one last disgusting grunt, he stepped back and disappeared.

Cass ran to the column that marked the edge of the stone floor, fell to her knees and wretched over the edge. When she could take a deep breath again, she wiped the sick from her lips and stood on shaking legs. After leaning against the stone column for a few minutes, she moved back to her assigned place at the foot of the stairs. She stood at attention like before, but she no longer looked for movement in the dark. Tears slid down her cheeks for a while as her mind circled around the threats he’d given her. When the sky lightened from black to grey, her eyes were clear and she understood a new truth. This was her trial. Not just the wilderness or the undead. No. She needed to prove that she could withstand all the evil creatures that prowled the night. She locked away her fear and revulsion, determined to prove that she could withstand this torment the same way she had stood in the freezing river or ran for miles with the trainers dogs at her heels.
The moment Elder Wrernonth’s voice hissed in her ear, Cass shuddered and froze. A box she’d locked away within her mind four decades ago opened and a black, inky fear wrapped its tendrils around her heart.

Dramatic Task: K/Electronics_
Skills allowed: Technical skills, Scene modifier: -4,Target Number: 7
Machine Maestro Edge +2
Scholar +2
Knowledge: Electronics = 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild = 1d6 = 3: 3
-1 Benny for a reroll
Knowledge: Electronics = 1d8 = 5: 5
Wild = 1d6 = 4: 4
Cass shook her head in an effort to clear it. She swallowed thickly against the bile rising in her throat and leaned closer to the device. Try as she might, the connections failed to make sense to her. For as long as she can remember machines spoke to her in a special language few understood. While she'd been able to hear it just a moment before, now there might as well have been a wall between her and the transdimensional device. She pounded a frustrated fist against the table.

"I can't! It doesn't make sense. It won't... AHHH! "
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Techno Wizard
Pace: 6 Parry:6 Toughness: 6
Wounds: None
PPE: 11/20
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Right behind me, Master of Magic, Marks of Heritage
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas » Mon May 20, 2019 5:36 pm

Notice
Modifiers: scene -2, awareness +2, net 0
Notice 1d6 = 1: 1
WIld 1d6 = 6: 6 ace 1d6+6 = 7: 1
Between the spectacular range advantage and the strange shapes in the shadows Antipas isn't sure his new shotgun is going to do much good. A pity too as he really wanted to try the "big bore" ammo on a flyer. Ah well some other time he thinks in the back of his mind as he closes the remaining distance to the grackle lad. Looking him over to see if he's safe-ish to move Pas realizes he is not and that he needs help ASAP to live. "Sammy, If you can TK this kid into the house and have someone try to save him it'd be fuckin swell."

He then turns towards a pair of CS spec ops chumps sighting in on Kozco from the second floor of a two decker bus. With preternatural speed he weaves thru the debris, stopping in short range of the men but with cover of his own. Guess it will be useful With a grin he raises the gun and lets loose. "Team we also have infantry on the ground. keep your eyes pealed."
Shooting 13, Damage 14, Big bore effect
Modifiers cover -2
Shooting 1d8-2 = 6: 8 Ace 1d8+6 = 13: 7
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Damage 2d10 = 10: 3, 7 + 1d6 = 4: 4
Bigbore shells: Against targets of size 2 or less, the target makes an opposed Strength roll vs damage dealt. If the damage exceeds the Strength roll, the target is knocked down. If the damage exceeds by a Raise, the target is knocked Prone and Shaken.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Alenysturathe » Tue May 21, 2019 11:52 pm

Outside Notice 5
-2 difficulty
Notice 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Ace 1d6+4 = 5: 1
Shooting 4
-2 Snapfire
Shooting 1d8-2 = 4: 6
Wild 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Anti-tank Laser Damage 22 AP14 MD
4d8+2 = 22: 6, 2, 5, 7
Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 0
OOC Comments
I forgot, but the CS might need to make fear checks for the dragon right before Alenys went invisible.
Alenysturathe, invisible, scanned the shadows. Something wasn’t right. Were there shifting shapes there?

Alenysturathe didn’t have a radio in this form, so she was deaf to anything the Coalition was saying, or her team trying to contact her. Also invisible. She knew it wouldn’t last too long. Once the Coalition knew to look for her, their electronics were going to pin her down, so she would only really have one or two shots with her new big cannon. Time to make it count.

Her wings flapping, Alenysturathe flew toward the Mark III (12” to 38” from vehicle) that was opening fire with a mini railgun on civilians in the street. She pulled up and took aim, then fired.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
***

Invisibility: -4 to Notice and and attacks. (2r)
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Smith
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Smith » Wed May 22, 2019 8:11 pm

K/Computers 8
Fear Check
Spirit 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Extra Effort 1d6 = 3: 3

K/Computers 1d8-2 = 6: 8
Ace
1d8 = 2: 2
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Smith continues to type furiously, biting his lip in concentration. His fingers flow over the keyboard like water, a series of beeps and dings coming out of the computer.

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki » Sat May 25, 2019 10:57 pm


1d6 = 4: 4 Notice for target using Missiles =6 Success
1d6 = 5: 5 Wild
1d8 = 4: 4 Weird Science Cast Warriors Gift-2 MAP = =2 Failure
1d6 = 4: 4 Wild Die -2 MAP
1d8 = 6: 6-2 Agility Check Missile = 4 Success
1d6 = 1: 1-2 Wild Die
1d12 = 3: 3+4 = 7 Strength to Pick up Kozko
1d6 = 6: 6 Aced STR
1d6 = 5: 5 = 11 Success with 1 Raise
Pace 12+2(Card) 1d6 = 2: 2 Run Die "Run Holly Run!" Total 16 Pace 80 Feet Movement. Move to Fountain and continue towards the Barn.
Holly let's off a loud howl to let her Fenrir fear release itself upon the enemies showing her holding the live missile and her strength so that they see her true strength to hopefully persuade them to run. Holly takes a breath cradling the missile in both hands and looks for a place to set this. No targets were nearby to throw it at plus a miss could be catastrophic for the citizens.. She attempts to activate her Warriors Gift from the ancients of Talayukians but the wolf spirits don't answer as she closed her eyes to concentrate. The downside of wanting to protect everyone is finding a safe option and not the best combat one huh? Holly quickly finds a spot by the fountain that looks safe for the missile blast radius and has no collateral damage and she screams out in Talayukian "Avoid the fountain sector danger". she makes her movement shifting the missile in a way that it stays very still in her hands and to her relief it does. She sees Kozko who seems to be in a rush as she hauls herself towards the fountain. "Where are you going in a hurry?.. Glitter boy by the barn? I'll help it's not safe out here my friend. Hop on to my back and I'll lend you my speed." During her travel she gently sets down the missile on the ground in the fountain to hopefully lower the blast radius and continues her run to the barn. "I'll have you there in no time.. we can use all the help we can get to defend your home.. you can thank me later! Holly is always willing to help!

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3413
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sun May 26, 2019 10:09 pm

Below is how the end of round 1 ended, and how the beginning of round 2 started. I broke the narrative into four OCC boxes, but everyone is roughly aware of everything happening. Players may post their action. It happens in the order they post.

+1 benny to Luke for Smoke’s name.

CS Radio Chatter
Victoria’s radio told the story of the Coalition Exploratory Force 6 murderous intent.

Samas squadron captain Daniels somber voice crackled over the radio, ” We lost vitals on HotRocket. Computer replay HotRocket’s last audio.”

A very frightened man yells, ”What the fuck... Some kind of wolf girl D-bee is coming at me. Has a fucking shining sword. Uggghhhh... Tell Sara...Uggghhhh...Kssssssssshhhhhhh.”

Daniels voice comes on again full of smoking anger, ”Kappa 1-4 light up the house agent Peete identified. Kappa 5-7 take out the blue beast. You up to the challenge Smoke?”

A grim voice came on the radio, a voice like death. ” Yes mam. Locked and loaded. Headshots only.”

Daniel continues, ” Good. 8 your are will me, looks like we got a tattoo freak on the field running from the house like a scared little D-bee. Take him out. Remember Hotrocket fellas, remember him well. DeltaV formation now.”

Sargeant Howsers mechanical voice drones through radio next laughing at the fallen Samas, ” Loose one of your own Daniels? Hahaha. I got my Red on the scope, seems like he likes lasers. Hit us good, chasis took most of the damage. Hold us steady driver reduce speed. He is flying to us... A little closer and I’ll get out and take him hand to hand. He will soon be dust and no more than a smear on my foot. I got the laser, open fire!”

Lyyboc’s cold calculating voice comes over the radio, ” Cut the chatter you two. We are picking up an air ship coming from Dweomer. We will only be able to provide support momentarily. All batteries open fire on the Blue wolf! Sgt Howser meet at zone C to pick up commandos. Daniels provide air support.”

Sgt Howser’s voice comes on, ” Negative sir. I will see the dragon turned into red mist. Only one of us leaves this engagement alive.”

Daniel’s voice is the last thing to come over the radio, ” Understood sir. Making one last run on the house. Lighting up the tattooed freak and Smoke has eyes on the blue wolf D-bee sir. One last pass and we will be coming back for air support...” Her voice trailed off as if she recognized something or someone.

The Samas whirl arround in a dissing display of airiel acrobatics firing rockets at the house and railguns at Holly and Antipas! The Mark III unfazed by Al’s invisibility opens fire with its laser and ion cannons. High above the DHT lances out with its rail gun and lasers.


Inside the house, Cas, Tsume, Luke, and Smith. You all take 11 MD AP11 but get +4 Armor from the house. Samas are about 20” away, House essentially destroyed and V,A,S are gone.
Four rockets streak toward the house most of the team is still inside. Three impact nearby houses, one strikes true but instead of hitting the house hits a shimmering blue field that fades quickly. The Samas prep another set of rockets and fire. Inside the house Victoria walks to Luke, Smith, and Cas. She smiles a bit sad, ” Looks like you fixed it, no?” She taps the devices button, as a rocket impacts the roof of the house. She barks, ”Sammy, Ailbhe. Time to go.” A portal forms, orange like a series of spider webs. Ailbhe shoots her rifle hitting something in the alley way across the street and pats the cat as she walks through.

Sammy comes next. He pauses gesturing towards Durango’s body lying in the street. He lifts it with telekinesis in the form of a blue iridescent cat paw. ” Meow, if we can save the grackle kid we will. Luke, say hi to Claude for me, hope you did not mind that psychic slap!” He slides Durango’s body through and he bounds through as well.

Victoria pauses before going through, ” Make it out of this. Get to Claude. Whom ever killed Daphne’s folks is after him...” She points to Cas, and Antipas down the street, ” And you, and him. Good luck and thank you. Trouble Shooters indeed. Keep ripping those shirts Smith.” She raises an eye at Smith soaking in one more gaze. She steps through and the portals vanishes just as four rockets pierce the roof exploding all around those inside the house. Fortunately only one actually hits the area all the members are at.
Mark III and Al, two laser blasts. 1 wound from 1st and then second blast gets shaken. Mark III is 28” away from AL
The Mark III crunches a few more homes rolling to a stop ontop of a chartreuse microbus. Its mini railgun stops shooting fleeing fan girls. A couple of seconds tick tock where perhaps Al might think her invisibility feild had fooled their sensors, but its twin turrets rotate and target her. Over the loud speaker, a mechanical voice blares, ” You took my body Red. You have no idea the pain I endured as they cut me, and took my life. I take yours!”. Its medium vehicular ion blaster pumps out blast after blast one hitting Al, and the other narrowing missing the invisible dragon.

The medium laser struck out next with pin point accuracy searing Al’s snout and ears. No doubt the machinations of an expert gunner. Fortunately Al’s tough armor protected her well against attacks except the laser blasts were so focused they might have possibly hurt! The Cyborgs voice yelled out again over the speaker of the black vehicle, ” Only one of us leaves alive monster! You murdered so many during the war, and you nearly killed me. Payback has come. I will be your doom!”
Two Samas and Antipas 30” away. Hit three times. Shaken Three times.
Two Samas come barreling down towards Antipas still a good 150ft away. They open fire with thousands of rounds of hot rail gun lead. Most of the shots just mis or bounce of Antipas’ armor. A few shots make him sweat a bit. Antipas can see a bit of smoke over loading from the rail gun as no doubt the soilder just found out how awesome Antipas’ curse is. The second one, with a red painted helmet did a barrel roll, her rail gun seemed chromed out with a few extra attachments Luke could probably identify. After pouring in a few hundred rounds into Antipas her gun froze up falling to Antipas’ charms. Over the loud speaker Antipas, Her a distictive female voice seeth, ”Antipas????”.

The other Samas barks, ”Antipas... Sir isn’t that the one that claimed he destroyed a planet?”

It all sort of comes together, the red helmed Samas, sparkling rail gun, female voice... Daniels... When your mind clears the two spec ops in the microbus that you pinballed are either on the floor writhing in pain or have crawled away.

Earn a benny for a little OCC flashback of the last time Antipas faced Daniels. Toss in a pic.
Holly the DHT and three Samas. DHT 200” away 1 hit laser for 1 wound. Three Samas 50” from holly, 2 hits. 1st hit no damage, 2nd hit 46 MDC AP 4, 4 wounds.
Three Samas break off coming towards Holly whipping around in a tight V formation. From high in the sky the death heads rail gun and heavy lasers blast the ground. On your Back Kozco yells in Talayukian, ”Watch out! Get off the streets kid, they are gonna kill us!” One laser blast sears Holly’s tail! Meanwhile the three samas close and open fire. Two of them miss wide destroying several car homes and rail cars nearby. The third, painted black like thick smoke dives low its rail gun glinting off the sun’s quickly fading light. Its loud speaker echoes grimly, low and grating, ”Smoke has you now monster.” It opens fire with multiple rounds aiming for the head. Two hit, and one possibly fatal! ”I am death to Dbees like you.”

The rail gun shots to the head hit you just after you round the corner setting down the missile. Is this where Holly falls? With Kozco riding her back and the glitter boy glimmering within site does the Talayukian meet her end? Kozco yells, ”Almost there! Almost there!”
Legion Radios
Your radios come alive with the following, ” Shamlin... Attention Shamlin this is the Morose, Captain Gaiter at the helm. We are engaging the death head transport. Seems like you got a scuffle on your hands. We were in the neighborhood and well... Captain Lumkiss is a hard man to argue with. Plus the dog boy in the Titan just wouldn’t take no. We’ll keep them busy up here, if you have heroes now is the time!”
After firing its rail gun and lasers the Death Head Transport angles away from the town of Shamlin rising higher into the air. Off its bow coming through a bank of clouds comes comes an air ship about, 1/3 the size, sporting a red flag reading BAM. On its deck is a large Titan robot armor which lets loose firing missiles at the DHT who returns in kind! With the DHT occupied it is up to the heroes to save those Shammies that are wet with blood from errant blasts and put a stop to the carnage the CS has wrought.


Heroic Hindrance
The carnage of rail gun fire and rocket blasts have not escaped your sight. Near you is a Shamlin fan girl pinning to be saved by a hero. Pinned by old car rubble with no doubt a gas leak and spark nearby this girl only has one hope for you to save her. She reaches out to you with big brown pleading doe eyes mouthing help. +1 benny for working to save her, takes an action.
Curious Hindrance
In the fading sun light in the alleyways the shadows stir and writhe as if something is living in them. If you take an action to really peer into them the GM will pm you a little something extra. +1 benny for acting on your curious hindrance.
Dramatic Task reward, Luke, Cas, Smith
As the minature rift or hole in space time closed, reforming a prison for the being called Night Terror the trio feels for the next few seconds as if they are at a leyline! Anything that can be at a leyline can be done in round 2! The group succeeded so well any negative fear effects including hindrences are abated. If the player really wants to keep something like a major hindrance they also gain the lucky edge.
Tsume
The Samas power armor falls to the ground. A picture covered in blood flitters out of the suit and falls listlessly to the ground. The blood rolls off the polaroid and for a split second Tsume sees herself smiling back in the photo! But... Then it is back to a raven haired woman smiling wide and holding up three fingers with the middle one sparkling.
Notice check TN 9
Notice TN: 1d8 = 7: 7 wild 1d6 = 4: 4+2 cover

About 8 CS commandos are moving swiftly through alley ways, empty junkers, inhabited homes making their way towards where the barn used to be.

End of Round 2, players turn!

Players turn. Check the occs for your name. They list the wounds or status received. Rolls and initiative were made here. Wounds or fatigue level give a minus to all rolls made during this round. viewtopic.php?f=172&t=3907#p53976

Initiative was calculated by a high card draw, deciding which side went first. Badguys drew a joker so they all went first but only the SAMAS squad got the benefit of it.

Check the hindrence occs for some interesting RP and benny opportunities. Good luck. Sorry about the use of Red on Green :(.

Generally:
(sAMAS performed a flight maneuver for deflection and got a raise, -4 to hit)
Luke, Smith, Tsume, Cas: SAMAS 20”, Mark III 40”
Ant: SAMAS 30”, Mark III 40”
Al: SAMAS 10”, Mark III 28”
Holly: Samas 50”, Mark III 80”
Attachments
CB7CC35B-BD04-48CA-983E-77834A8D4BEE.jpeg
CB7CC35B-BD04-48CA-983E-77834A8D4BEE.jpeg (34.54 KiB) Viewed 9394 times
FBDCF6AE-03AA-44A4-8A32-E222B38B4130.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki » Mon May 27, 2019 8:32 am

Take the First 1 Wound
1d6 = 5: 5 +2 Growth Check Total 7
Berserk +2 Toughness
Soak Roll for the 1 Wound Remaining from the 4 Following
1d8 = 1: 1 Vigor Soak
1d6 = 6: 6 Wild Die
1d6 = 6: 6 Aced
1d6 = 6: 6 Aced
1d6 = 1: 1 Aced
*Holly feels the wound from the gun sink in as she gasps. "NO.. Not now.. what will they think of me...." *She closes her eyes and realizes there isn't any stopping the release as she tries to let Kozko slide down to run the rest of the way himself and she howls loudly and viciously the tone behind her voice dropping and her fur getting more rugged and spikey as she raises in size (6) about 7 feet tall to the now size 13 towering upward as she looks at the one shooting at her. The rail gun continues tearing at her but she seems un-phased baring her theeth as her eyes turn blood shot showing off the anger whelling up* "YOU WONT HURT THEM. MY FRIENDS... HOLLY.. protect with my life" *Her consciousness fades her demeanor getting feral and aggressive as she fades into the berserk with the one thought of destroying those gunners with extreme predjudice and hoping she can stay focused on those attacking her and that her friends don't hate her for what she is.*
1d4 = 3: 3 Notice CS
1d6 = 4: 4 Wild Fail
Work In progress for actions. Only response to damage.
1d8-2 = 3: 5 Smarts Roll Fail No Heroic Assist
1d6-2 = 1: 3 Wild

-Holly consumed by the will to fight bypasses her chance to help the fan girl due to not hearing nor seeing her among the blasting guns and the thoughts racing towards her head about getting to this rail gun fool as carefully as she can as to not destroy Shamlin but due to her single mindedness she cannot help her. Holly growls loudly and howls rushing towards Smoke and the other enemies and although she can't reach him yet her animosity and disdain show.-
1d6 = 2: 2 Run Die 12+2(Card)+2(Die)=16 Distance
-Holly dashes through parts of the city doing her best to cause less damage with her sure footing going through the unpopulated spots but her focus was to stop this attack. She may be a monster but she has the heart of a hero where these thugs don't even care about the Innocents of this town.- "Want me come get me you SCUM ! -She snarls as she finds a good spot to take a stand in an unpopulated area but with some visual issues with Smoke to hopefully cover some fire or lure him into melee getting ready to Sprint towards him again if he runs but attempting to be a weapon but not destroy everything else Holly holds dear-
1d4-2 = 0: 2 Intimidate Enemies to combat
1d6-2 = -1: 1
Last edited by HollyTalayuki on Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:15 am, edited 13 times in total.

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas » Mon May 27, 2019 10:19 am

Notice
Modifiers: Alertness +2.
Notice 1d8+2 = 6: 4
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Soaks
From Absorption power mod
Vigor 1d8-2 = 4: 6 Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Vigor 1d8-2 = 1: 3 Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Vigor 1d8-2 = 5: 7 Wild 1d6-2 = 1: 3

Bennie to remove shaken.
Bennie to remove shaken.
Roll on turn to remove shaken
Vigor 1d8+2 = 10: 8
Spirit 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Rail slugs tear through the cover Antipas was behind but most of it ricocheted off his supernatural hide or flattened against it and rained down at the undead slayers feet. A few slugs caught him squarely enough to leave the Atlantean briefly dazed. Very briefly. Turn towards the familiar voice coming from the SAMAS. Daniels.. knew I should have knocked the old man out and cut her ass down..
Months ago, near Merctown
The battle had been a brutal one, Daniels people had done a fine job of underplaying their skills. Largely acting like the rookies the small unit had professed to be when joining the caravan to merctown that Antipas had similarly joined back in Lazlo. So when their actual skills had been displayed, in an attempt to capture several "unique" members of the caravan, it had come as a surprise, but the caravan guards had come out on top.
A through "examination" of the minds of the surviving attackers by a mind melter among the surviving guards revealed they were CS troops in the command of one Lyboc and collecting interesting mystic and debees for "study" was their mission.
On learning this Antipas calmly slit the throat of the one he was guarding and would have executed Daniels as well had not the cyberknight leader of the caravan stopped him. The old man being of a mind to try and redeem the young woman. No argument would change man's mind either so Antipas left them to find his own way to merctown, certain the CS agent would escape, kill or capture the old fool and he'd likely see her again.
Daniels.jpg
Daniels.jpg (21.8 KiB) Viewed 9086 times
With only Al (hopefully) headed towards the coalition ATV Antipas moves to back her up. Snapping his shotgun into place on his pack he moves north up the street towards vehicle. Noting the failing weapons of Daniels and her wingman he grins an fell, predatory grin knowing that to get her revenge she'll have to close to melee. As much as this pleases him he's distracted by movement in the shadows and he stops to peer intently into an alley he takes temporary cover in and quickly draws Nemesi.
Actions
Stowed a weapon and looked down the alley a-la the Curious option. So 2 actions but neither require a roll. drew dagger as free action due to quickdraw. Also, spent 2 bennies, gained 2.
Last edited by Antipas on Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:01 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke » Mon May 27, 2019 3:49 pm

Luke watches as the three disappear through the portal. Nodding to @sammy at the mention of Claude and fixing Durango. Pausing for a moment of reflection, Luke was going to complement @Smith and @Cassiopeia but Xander cut in,

<Luke, we have four inbound missiles.>

Pushing Smith and Cass back under some further protection, maybe near the walls of the house, Luke hoists the countertop above his head and steps into the opening of the roof.

<Xander. Give me a trajectory and coords for those inbound missiles.>

A few seconds pass, <Telemetry recieved. Adjust your current position and stance by three degrees down angle on the southern end. Prepare for impact in, Three. Two. <pause>> Luke felt the impact of three of the missiles but could not move the steel and granite countertop fast enough to catch the fourth. By the Forge, let that missile hit somewhere else. (Impulsive Hindrance)

Throwing the ruined countertop out of the house, Luke steps up out of the ruined house into the dusk of the city. Rapid assesment points to the aerial assualt. Something feels off.

<Xander, rerun the scans on the Coalition Forces engaged.>

Notice 15 _
[*] Notice (1d10) 1d10 = 4: 4
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 11: 5
Benny for Extra Effort (6 of 4)
[*] Extra Effort (1d6) 1d6 = 4: 4
<Luke, were you expecting ground troops?>

<Plan for everything. Be surprised by nothing.>

(Benny for Narrative Discovery - 5 of 4)

<Last time we were here Xander, the town had lights about this time of night.>

Xander pulls up brief video footage that shows Shamlin in the early evening with the headlights lit up.

<Exactly. Time to wire us up some lights.>

Flipping on his PA broadcasting, Luke does a bit of monolagueing.

K/Electronics 22 _
HJ Table +1
[*] K/Electronics (1d10) 1d10 = 10: 10
[*] Aced! K/Electronics (1d10+10) 1d10+10 = 20: 10
[*] Super Aced! K/Electronics (1d10+20) 1d10+20 = 21: 1
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 5: 5
(MacGyver Edge)

"So you come to my field and tried to sweep us in four. Now we are in game four and ready to take this game into extra innings. Lets bring up the lights shall we?"

Xander during the monolague had found the electric wires that ran between each house and building that supplied the electricity for the headlight streetlights. Using an e-clip , Luke empties the entirity of the fully charged e-clip through his suit and into the precision pylons jacked into the Shamlin power grid.

Luke watches in amazement as the entire city lights up, like someone had turned on the brights for every car and truck in the town. The night sky is awash in radiant bright light and Luke rejoices with Xander for a moment before wandering off into town hearing cries of distress.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Alenysturathe » Thu May 30, 2019 2:14 am

Soak 1; crit fail means the second shaken is a wound
Vigor 1d8 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Soak 7 Soaked; that should unshake me
-1 Wound, +2 Elan
Vigor 1d8-1 = 5: 6
Wild 1d6-1 = 0: 1
Shooting 0
-2 MAP, -1 Wound, -2 Snapfire
Shooting 1d8-5 = -2: 3
Wild 1d6-5 = 0: 5
Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 0

“No!” Alenysturathe roared out in anger as the house blew up. She turned her attention back to the Mark III.

”You took my body Red. You have no idea the pain I endured as they cut me, and took my life. I take yours!” a voice said from the loudspeaker.

“What are you talking about? I don’t even know you!” Alenys said, darting to the side as the vehicle opened fire. She grunted in pain as she was struck by the lasers.

”Only one of us leaves alive monster! You murdered so many during the war, and you nearly killed me. Payback has come. I will be your doom!”

“Ow, ow, ow!” Alenysturathe whimpered, not used to being actually hurt by anything! She blinked tears from her eyes and glowered. “I don’t know what you’re fucking talking about!”

She flew toward the Mark III as she swapped out the eclip in her laser cannon and raised it again, taking aim once more, but she missed completely.
OOC Comments
She should be 16” away now. This isn’t looking good. So many penalties!
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Find Captain Claude
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Tsume » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:30 am

The Samas power armor falls to the ground. A picture covered in blood flitters out of the suit and falls listlessly to the ground. The blood rolls off the polaroid and for a split second Tsume sees herself smiling back in the photo! But... Then it is back to a raven haired woman smiling wide and holding up three fingers with the middle one sparkling. "nya?"

As the picture hits the ground, Tsume crouches down to pick it up to look at it some more. "Why am I seeing nyese things?"
No Damage
You all take 11 MD AP11 but get +4 Armor from the house.
Toughness versus Fire/Heat or Metal = 12 and Tsume can only be shaken by non magical damage of these types.
Armor gives +1 Toughness and 4 Armor
Current Armor 21 (8)
13 toughness versus 11 damage, Tsume takes no damage.
Then the rockets hit the house. Flames wash over Tsume and she seems unphased by them. However, the picture in her hands is vaporized before she can get another look at it. Tsume is a bit angered stands back up and spins around on her heels to see what just took out the house. She stares at the incoming Samas. She pulls out her Ion Pistol in her off hand and shoots at the incoming Samas in the sky in vain as the shoots go wild.
Shooting -1
Drawing Weapon -2
Offhand -2
Medium Range -2
Weapon range 10/20/40
Shooting 1d6-6 = -1: 5
Wild 1d6-6 = -5: 1
Curse of Awesome 1d6-6 = -1: 5
Notice 5, failed
Notice 1d4 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5

TN 9
About 8 CS commandos are moving swiftly through alley ways, empty junkers, inhabited homes making their way towards where the barn used to be.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Cassiopeia » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:02 pm

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:09 pm
The Samas whirl around in a dissing display of aerial acrobatics firing rockets at the house and railguns at Holly and Antipas! The Mark III unfazed by Al’s invisibility opens fire with its laser and ion cannons. High above the DHT lances out with its rail gun and lasers.

Inside the house, Cas, Tsume, Luke, and Smith. You all take 11 MD AP11 but get +4 Armor from the house
Soaks_
Cass takes 1 wound. -1 a Benny to soak.
Vigor = 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild = 1d6 = 3: 3
Success! 1 wound soaked
Dramatic task: 5/5 —chance to draw from a leyline
Cass sees the ley line shimmering right in front of her, pulled into their spectrum by the orange spidersilk portal. She stretches out her gauntleted hand and pulls at the raw energy.
Leyline Draw_
-2 penalty for second action
TW Skill = 1d10 = 5: 5-2=3
Wild = 1d6 = 1: 1-2
Cass gains 3 PPE!
Notice_
Notice T9 = 1d8 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Cassiopeia feels a trickle of power coursing through her veins. She takes a deep breath and shoves past Smith, out of the cover Luke shoved them into. Sticking out of the rubble of what once was a kitchen there's a large pipe. She scrambles around, pulling other bits and bobs out of the rubble and slamming them together in seemingly random order. In no time at all, Cass has gathered everything she needs. She pops open the inside of her gauntlet, extracts a few wires and chips and after stringing them into her contraption, snaps the compartment closed. She grins maniacally as she swings the large pipe around and plunks it down on what remains of the counter. The whole messy business starts to hum and buzz like a energy cannon powering up. Cass crouches and sights along makeshift barrel, taking aim at the approaching SAMAS.

"Eat this, scum suit!!!"

Arcane Machinist Blast Cannon_

TW = 1d10-2 = 3: 5
Wild = 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Benny for a reroll - That's 2 bennies spent this post
TW= 1d10-2 = 2: 4
Wild = 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Wild ACE = 1d6 = 2: 2

1 success = TW Blast Cannon with 10PPE
Last edited by Cassiopeia on Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Techno Wizard
Pace: 6 Parry:6 Toughness: 6
Wounds: None
PPE: 11/20
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Right behind me, Master of Magic, Marks of Heritage
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3413
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:58 am

Smoke
Smoke vs Holly intimidate 1d6 = 1: 1 wild 1d6 = 1: 1 Crit fail!
Illumination: Dark –2, targets are not visible beyond 10”
The man called Smoke by his friends and death by his enemies grinned inside his SAMAS looking at the Talayukian grow. His wife was a big heavy set woman whom had been pinning non stop about getting a warm fur coat. Now was his chance, all he needed to do was get the mark II fusion block into his rocket launcher and pull the trigger Prosek’s Balls would take care of the rest. Only the mind numbing snarl from the Fenrir beast caught him by just enough surprise that he hit the no not touch red button accidentally. Kaboom! 150ft away in the air Smoke went up in smoke and fire leaving behind a wife and two little future assassins.

Antipas saw in the alley two sharp red eyes staring back at him. Then he saw a second set of eyes and a third... What was going on? By the time Luke’s light show erupted whatever they belonged to had moved on. @Antipas make a spirit roll as you feel something tap you on the shoulder... Only there is nothing there. However you do see a CS soldier crumpled into a barrel, naked and throat sliced.

The four SAMAS that had been firing rockets find themselves blinded by Luke’s city wide light burst. Unfortunately the eclip burns out far too quickly than one would expect and the show blows out lamps all throughout the town as it is once again plunged into near darkness as the sun fades down the horizon. The four SAMAS are shaken and receive no formation bonus until unshaken. The current formation bonus is -4 to be hit per the deflection power.

The Borg, Houser, within the Mark III does not flinch as his radar shows the dragon closing. What infuriated him more so is that the dragon does not even seem to know what he had done! Over the PA the Borg spits, ” You killed me you ravaged! Killed me and they brought me back to be your end!!!! Fire everything!”

Tsume while looking at the picture might think it winked and then another bout of disorientation racked your body. Near you heard a small soft voice, ” Release me.” When you looked to see who said it she only saw a small girl about 10 feet away buried in the rubble her face black and bleeding. Eyes staring lifeless and no breath being drawn. ”Release me...”

The leyline @Cassiopeia drew on felt different. A huge surge flowed through at the end what she felt was only a trickle was an unexpected flood! After constructing your TW weapon you notice the sun finally sets plunging the town of Shamlin into darkness. One of the shadows seemed to stretch out and gave Cas a hung. An eerie voice mocked, ”Thank you Technowizard. I was not sure about the other two, but you did not disappoint. I was in there for too long.” Maybe it was a trick or from being in hibernation for so long. Shadows don’t speak let alone hug... Right? @Cassiopeia is at full PPE!

High above missiles and rail gun rounds are being exchanged by the two airships! A small hover cycle seemed to depart the Morose airship with two what could only be suicide jockey’s riding towards the town on it. Jones and Wittsen or Wittsen and Jones no one really knew or cared. Rumors were the two had started a hand made soap operation using D’norr tannings and Canadian ingenuity to make something the market had never seen. But that was later and this is now. Right now they were heading in combat because some Captain of the Tomorrow Legion looking vaguely like an old earth movie star said the magic words... Please and I have creds. That is the how and why you find yourselves coming in hotter than hot on a magnum 365 hover cycle half on flames from an errant death head rail gun attack. Good thing was about 50” away was a nice old CS armored personal carrier firing at either something invisible or one of them swarm of misquitos you have heard so much about. 20” beyond that was about 8 SAMAS laying waste to a town made of old earth cars, trucks, and rail cars. A bit after that was something that made your heart’s nearly freeze with an primordal gasp... A fucking giant humanoid wolf was snarling!!! Well Captain Lumpkiss did tell you the 77th CIT had something like that and a dragon to boot. But who knew it was so large... @Wittsen Dolgon @Stoic make a fear check (spirit roll, failure and you roll a 1d20)

Kozco slides off Holly not wanting to run away from his Glitterboy. He tumbles into the dirt of the street and looks up. He sees his glitterboy shinning in the last of the sun’s fading light. Eight pin prick laser dots also shine on his torso. He tries to roll all heroically and dodges two but then four strike him merly singing his tough hide. However, Peet smiles from his hidden perch and kisses a photograph. He lets his laser fire tearing a hole right through Kozco’s belly. The Grackle reaches down, ”Holly, they got me...” He does not move again and darkness falls on Shamlin.
Legion Radio
Captain Pender Lumkiss’ goofy voice comes on the coms, ” 77th... Ksshhh CS Fire Power too much... Dweomer aircraft in bound... Ksshh hold out. Sending reinforcements...Ksshhh.
Smith goes Dark
Over the legion comma Smith says farewell for now, ” I am not going to do the hobbit thing. I’ll be tagging along with the CS commandos... Eh don’t kill me. I’ll radio once I got an idea of what this Llyboc’s issue is. My shirt is off... Smith out.”
Notice -4
In the darkness behind cars, in peoples porches you see CS commandos making their way towards where the barn used to be.

Players: It is your turn! Action happens as you post.

Generally:
(sAMAS performed a flight maneuver for deflection and got a raise, -4 to hit). The four that have been firing rockets at Tsume, Luke, Cas are a TN 4 to hit and shaken.
Luke, Tsume, Cas: SAMAS 20”, Mark III 40”
Ant: SAMAS 30”, Mark III 40”
Al: SAMAS 22”, Mark III 16”
Holly: Samas 34”, Mark III 70”, Kozco 10”
Jones, Witten: Mark III 50”, SAMAS 70”
Attachments
12FD9F5B-7A27-4FF7-A192-8BF8158522B7.jpeg
42120B13-88EA-4644-9784-FD9DBDBA26F7.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

Wittsen Dolgon
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 11:36 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Wittsen Dolgon » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:07 pm

OOC Comments
Fear 1d8-2 = 5: 7
Greater Armor 1d12 = 11: 11
Wild die 1d6 = 2: 2
Notice 1d8 = 5: 5
Wild die 1d6 = 1: 1

This should put Wittsen 35" away from the APC.
My goodness!” Wittsen exclaimed to himself as he overlooked the battlefield and silently promises himself that he would double his usual rate if he survived this mess. Right now he had a bigger concern of flying in a NG-357 that was looking like one of his meteors he liked so much, but had no care to become one himself. Wittsen releases the power of the lay lines, and lets the cold comforting power wash over him protecting the D’norr.


Creatures of the 77th! Ksssh! This is Wittsen Dolgon! Kssh… I’m coming in for a landing. Ksssh. Do not eat me! Kssssh I repeat DO. NOT. EAT. The D’norr! Ksssh Over!
Last edited by Wittsen Dolgon on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Parry: 2
Toughness: 8
Bennies: 2
PPE 20
Greater Armor +10 MDC round 2

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:12 am

1d4 = 1: 1 Notice Failure
1d6 = 2: 2 Wild
Holly's eyes glisten glazing over as she digs her feet into the ground the claws itching to run and her hands ready to crush as she looks for a viable target to pounce on her rage pent up and over flowing she stands still in the spot she went behind as she ponders seeing Smoke the target of her initial hatred blow up in smoke. She growls in satisfaction howling loudly as a mark to where she is to let her team know as much as she can with her limited tactical focus stating in Talayukian with the loud howl since she can't use coms.


"Be weary team.. I'm out for blood.. Sorry for letting the monster out... Desperate times.. -Her momentary anger venting becomes more feral as she stands there waiting for a chance to use her strength- I MAKE PAY FOR INNOCENTS DEATHS.



Holding Action For Viable Enemy Attack Target.
Last edited by HollyTalayuki on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:04 am, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:13 pm

Notice 10 _
Scene Modifier -4
[*] Notice (1d10) 1d10 = 6: 6
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 12: 6
[*] Super Aced! Wild (1d6+12) 1d6+12 = 14: 2
Luke sees Kosco go down. Beyond where the fallen Grackletooth once stood Luke's laser focus sees Purvey Pete. "Damn it Smith. Can't you at least take care of your own problems with out involving everyone else."

Over the team radio, "I am offering 100K in credits to the first one of you who brings me Pete alive. The damn fool is a freaking spy for the CS and he is lazing coords for all the missiles, rockets, and railgun fire."

Screaming loud enough to shatter the car windows, his PA mic hits a shrill note and tone as his anger bristles and he steams. "We got CS commandos heading towards the barn."

With volume turned down and well with easy hearing of the team freq, "Cover me. I am heading after the commandos."

<Come Xander, we have business to attend to.>

Luke engages the suit's actuators to increase speed and cover the distance to the barn's previous location.
Run 8 1d8 = 7: 7 --> 15" distance.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:02 pm

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:58 am
Antipas saw in the alley two sharp red eyes staring back at him. Then he saw a second set of eyes and a third... What was going on? By the time Luke’s light show erupted whatever they belonged to had moved on. @Antipas make a spirit roll as you feel something tap you on the shoulder... Only there is nothing there. However you do see a CS soldier crumpled into a barrel, naked and throat sliced.
Notice
Modifiers: Dark -2, Alertness +2, net 0
Notice 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Spirit roll
Spirit 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 9: 3
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Antipas spins around at the tap, muscles tensed and ready to plunge his blade into … well damn near anything at this point. Nothing is there however which is even worse.
Luke wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:13 pm
Screaming loud enough to shatter the car windows, his PA mic hits a shrill note and tone as his anger bristles and he steams. "We got CS commandos heading towards the barn."
With volume turned down and well with easy hearing of the team freq, "Cover me. I am heading after the commandos."
<Come Xander, we have business to attend to.>
Luke engages the suit's actuators to increase speed and cover the distance to the barn's previous location.
Run 8 Original post: 1d8 = 7: 7 --> 15" distance.
Well fuck.. Quickly weighing the need to back up Alenys vs the potential trouble of CS commandos finding whatever was under the barn leaves the undead slayer breifly torn until he remembers it's not just him and Luke. He has a team. The new guys looked to be heading towards the ACP and in a way sure to draw eyes. Hopefully they had the juice to give Red some assistance. Odds were good who and whatever the new party was it had something to do with the barn. The CS going there was a recipe to make it worse.

Roger Luke. Cass, Tsume go with him. I'll head that way myself. New guys on the bikes, good to see you, take out the sensors on the Mark 3 first please.
Be advised everyone there's another team on the field. Dunno who or what. They're pretty good at hiding. But something other than me is cutting coalition throats."


Rounding the corner and moving past Luke he looks around at the shadows unable to spot the commandoes. Cursing the growing darkness he considers his true sight power but opts for a more power efficient solution to the dark. Pulling his Bright Future Shades from a pocket he silently thanks Remmington as he channels power into them.
Activate Darksight
Tattoo magic 1d8 = 8: 8
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
With the darkness dispelled and Luke pointing out locations Antipas notes the commandos. Then he sees Kozcos unmoving body in the street and he considers cutting bellies instead of necks. Ducking behind a corner for temporary cover waits to see if they run or start firing.
Last edited by Antipas on Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3413
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:47 pm

Luke goes after the CS! Sees Pervy Peete and a few commandos.
Attachments
636C5C52-1F91-428D-82BC-3671A6F04822.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:02 pm

"Last time, I was certain you had no business being here. Now I am certain of it." Luke shouts across the PA at Peet.

As Luke continues to move as tactifully as he can towards the Commandos and Peet, he tell Xander of one of his experiences in the Astral Realm. Luke’s mind goes forward in Time. <I am uncertain if your current capabilities would enable you to construct a plasma cannon. Or have one stashed in one of the many dimensional folds that makes up the suit. We could use something on that level right about now.>

Now Hear This, Electronics 9 _
Xander Difficulty -1
MAP -2
Hero's Journey +1
[*] K/Electronics (1d10) 1d10 = 9: 9
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 11: 5
Using his comms, he gives a means for the 77th to get range to target data and to also track his movements through the darkening streets. Thinking on the run, he sends the coordinates (+2 to Shooting) to @Antipas figuring he is closer than anyone to the barn and the commandos.

After sending the coordinates he takes a moment to himself as Xander moves the suit and himself. All other available systems are ... functional. A smile crosses Luke's face as he realizes his Precision Blaster and Surgical Scalpel might finally find some use tonight.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Stoic » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:49 pm

Fear Check 5
Fear Check
Spirit 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild Die 1d6 = 2: 2
A smooth relaxed voice comes over the comms "Copy that 77th. This is Jones. Will engage the APC."

The Matte Black NG-357 Hovercycle drops like a stone. Jones lets it fall for a bit, partially for the thrill, partially because he enjoys needling the D'Norr. Finally, he thumbs the ignition button and yanks back on the accelerator grip, pushing the cycle to 45". He picks out the APC and darts toward it, loosing a volley of rail gun fire. At the sensory arraying, hoping to pick off some grunts as well.
He's sees his shots richochet off the heavy armor, barely scratching the paint.
4 Hits with Raises, doing 28, 17, 20, and 20 MD AP 6
Shooting 1d12+3 = 14: 11
Shooting 1d12+3 = 15: 12
Shooting 1d12+3 = 12: 9
Shooting 1d12+3 = 8: 5
Wild Die 1d6+3 = 5: 2
4 Hits with Raises

1d8+4 = 6: 2 + 1d6 = 6: 6 + 1d8 = 4: 4
Ace 1d6 = 6: 6

Ace 1d6 = 2: 2

1d8+4 = 8: 4 + 1d6 = 6: 6 1d8 = 1: 1

Ace 1d8+4 = 8: 4 + 1d6 = 1: 1

1d8+4 = 10: 6 + 1d6 = 1: 1 1d8 = 7: 7

1d8+4 = 5: 1 + 1d6 = 5: 5 1d8 = 3: 3

Ace for 2nd shot 1d6 = 5: 5

Forgot Giant Killer
1d6+24 = 28: 4
1d6+16 = 17: 1
1d6+18 = 20: 2
1d6+13 = 19: 6
Ace 1d6 = 1: 1
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Cassiopeia » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:35 pm

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:58 am
The leyline @Cassiopeia drew on felt different. A huge surge flowed through at the end what she felt was only a trickle was an unexpected flood! After constructing your TW weapon you notice the sun finally sets plunging the town of Shamlin into darkness. One of the shadows seemed to stretch out and gave Cas a hung. An eerie voice mocked, ”Thank you Technowizard. I was not sure about the other two, but you did not disappoint. I was in there for too long.” Maybe it was a trick or from being in hibernation for so long. Shadows don’t speak let alone hug... Right? @Cassiopeia is at full PPE!
Cass shudders in the wake of the portal, awash with the sudden flood of magic and then the adrenaline surge of fear. She feels her guts turn to ice and a sensation of slimy darkness runs over her skin as the shadow hugs her. Yeah. Lets not think about that right now. People shooting at us, remember! She shakes it off and shoves the lingering fear down to analyze later. Much later.
Antipas wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:02 pm
Luke wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:13 pm
Screaming loud enough to shatter the car windows, his PA mic hits a shrill note and tone as his anger bristles and he steams. "We got CS commandos heading towards the barn."
With volume turned down and well with easy hearing of the team freq, "Cover me. I am heading after the commandos."
<Come Xander, we have business to attend to.>
Luke engages the suit's actuators to increase speed and cover the distance to the barn's previous location.
Well fuck.. Quickly weighing the need to back up Alenys vs the potential trouble of CS commandos finding whatever was under the barn leaves the undead slayer breifly torn until he remembers it's not just him and Luke. He has a team. The new guys looked to be heading towards the ACP and in a way sure to draw eyes. Hopefully they had the juice to give Red some assistance. Odds were good who and whatever the new party was it had something to do with the barn. The CS going there was a recipe to make it worse.

Roger Luke. Cass, Tsume go with him. I'll head that way myself. New guys on the bikes, good to see you, take out the sensors on the Mark 3 first please.
Be advised everyone there's another team on the field. Dunno who or what. They're pretty good at hiding. But something other than me is cutting coalition throats."
Cass mutters to herself. "Yeah. Sure. I'll just go sneaking through the dark with this big chunk of pipe! Who is Pete anyway? What barn? I've been asleep for..." She checks the chronometer on her gauntlet, "TEN FUCKING YEARS?! I just crawled out of a freaking hole in the ground into a firefight and I don't even know who's shooting at me or why! But sure... I can go back up Luke."

Still sighting down the barrel of her makeshift blaster, Cass tugs a tool out of the front pocket of her pants. It's a short rod, covered in spidery lines that could be runes or temporal equations. The tip glows a dull red, but turns to a brighter blue as she deftly activates it with one hand. She flicks the thick wand between the fingers of her right hand and then thunks it against her own thigh. Sparkles of electricity wash over her body and Cass's lips turn up in a predatory smile. Another quick flick and the wand is back in her pocket. --Then the sparkles fizzle and die. Nothing happens.

Temporal Screwdriver Gives Quickness with Electric Jazz
Power activation EXALTED QUICKNESS with Electric Jazz. Intended second action = -2
Techno Wizardry = 1d10-2 = -1: 1
Wild = 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Wild ace= 1d6+4 = 10: 6
Double ace = 1d6+10 = 13: 3


Crit fail on trait die. Spending 1 benny to reroll.

Techno wizardry= 1d10-2 = 0: 2
Wild = 1d6-2 = 3: 5

PPE spent=9
Anyone watching would see her movements studder. Cass pulls the trigger on her tail pipe cannon. It makes a sound like car backfiring and sends a ball of fire trailing black smoke, but it falls short of the four SAMAS. "FUCK!

Shooting up the SAMAS
Blast attack centered to hit all 4 SAMAS.
-2 second action penalty
Shooting = 1d8 = 1: 1 -2= -2
Wild = 1d6 = 4: 4-2 =2
No Successes
Damage = 3d6 = 6: 1, 4, 1
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Techno Wizard
Pace: 6 Parry:6 Toughness: 6
Wounds: None
PPE: 11/20
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Right behind me, Master of Magic, Marks of Heritage
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Tsume » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:58 pm

Spirit Test 7
Spirit 1d8 = 7: 7
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Tsume while looking at the picture might think it winked and then another bout of disorientation racked your body. Near you heard a small soft voice, ” Release me.” When you looked to see who said it she only saw a small girl about 10 feet away buried in the rubble her face black and bleeding. Eyes staring lifeless and no breath being drawn. ”Release me...”
Tsume hears the voice and then sees the small girl buried. She rushes over to the child. Her heroic nature and spirit keeps her from immediately stabbing the child and she starts to dig at the rubble to save the girl. Tsume is too distracted by this to hear Antipas's orders to go with Luke.
dig test, currently 4
unsure of which trait. just rolling wild die for now.
Strength
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3413
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:43 am

Last but not least the invisible red dragon known colloquially as Al flew another 12” forward towards the Mark III letting loose with a mighty gout of fire. Despite the Mark III’s realitve immobility its armor protected it well against the mega damage magical fire.
@Alenysturathe
2d10 = 10: 7, 3 raise 1d6 = 6: 6 ace 1d6 = 3: 3
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3413
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:45 am

I’ll be posting for the badguys today. Note: The CS commandos already went.
Attachments
7E52EBC5-E12B-4DA8-BBE4-A8A2862BFE2D.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3413
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:07 pm

@Wittsen Dolgon radio transmission is really only responded to by an insidious voice that echoes in his mind. I am Charles... We... We have met before haven’t we? Regardless time for you to sleep. Was that Jones talking... No leylines in the vicinity... Charles... Sounded familiar... You do recall a powerful mind melter in the service of the coalition. That is when you felt the overwhelming urge to just close your eyes and go to sleep.
What Wittsen remembers about the man named Charles
It was the dog days of the Tolkein war when Wittsen first encountered the mind melter Charles. Rumor was the mind melter was once married to Tolkien’s own westward General Geist. At the time he was CS Major Wolfe’s special attache and quite deranged as Wittsen soon found out. The two, Wittsen and Charles, had been assigned to pacify a small township thought to be used to smuggle refugee’s out of the area. Everything was going ok, a little thuggery from the grunts whom went with the two, but no deaths or outright brutality until Charles saw a group of small human and d-bee mixed children...

+1 benny if you continue the story and tell us the horrors Charles had committed.

Wittsen vs exalted slumber

Any living creature (not undead or constructs) within the area must make a Spirit roll, at –4. Those who fail fall asleep. Furthermore, it takes a full round of active effort to awaken a victim of greater slumber; loud noises and the like aren't enough.
@HollyTalayuki takes a ion blast to the face to little effect and a powerful laser blast from the Mark III burns a 5ft hole in the orange VW bug home behind her. A pair of grackletooth look out from the hole and give Holly a timid thumbs up. Then she sees the moment she was waiting for. Two CS SAMAS had drawn their giant chain swords and their engine’s flared to life as they zoomed towards her overgrown beserking head. It seemed they did not take it too kindly that Smoke had died in a ball of flame moments ago and deemed Holly should meet her end. Only at the last moment their SAMAS wings touched jerking each towards the ground and they landed in a heap before the hulking wolfed rage monster.
Holly’s Held Action
Now is the time to take that held action, two SAMAS right close to you.
@Luke sees a few of the CS commandos dart inside a house at the end of the alleyway while the other’s take up a defensive position. The one that is cock sure, wearing more of a juicer get up, no doubt Pervey Pete grins at Luke giving him the finger. ” Sod of you wanker! This ain’t a photo shoot you lot are invited too...” Either Peete was flipping him off or pointing to the Samas about 15” behind Luke which opened fire on the Invalin. A hail of railgun fire erupted around luke, and one burst hit him square in the chest. Xander chimed in, ” I am unsure of these weapons you are referencing sir. Recommended counter measures... Cover would be good in this situation... Sir. Sensors indicate primary seals may have been comprimised!!”
Luke takes some damage
1 Wound (Shaken), second shot was Shaken which will turn into a wound if shaken.
@Antipas from his vantage point can see some of the commando’s ducking into a house made up of some old Abandoned Rail Cars. If memory served it is or perhaps was his uncle’s old friend Tommy Boy. A fat dude if there ever was one, but good for a laugh as well as hefting a rail gun if need be. Strange that their were no screams coming from the house as the CS entered through the roof and front doors. However Antipas’ attention was quickly drawn to the two CS approaching. One fired off a rocket missing Antipas but torching the front porch around the corner. A satisfying scream from the commando waiting there reached Antipas’ ears. However... Daniels was another matter. Over the comms the CS Ace Daniels chortled clueing him in on the events after he left her in the care of the old cyber knight, ” You were right Antipas... I did escape. Mcgregor’s last words were... Help Antipas. I of course escaped, and then tortured him for days. He swore you were going to come back for him. Told me over and over how some fool Gryphus recommended you to him. He had such misplaced faith. I wasn’t even trying to learn anything... Just the simple pleasure in knowing one day I would find you and let you know” A shoulder cannon fire’s from her SAMAS, thwamp! A piece of mettle embeds in the wall behind him. The should pauldron carrying the crest of a cyberknight: McGregor! She follows that up laughing and rocket to Antipas’ face which does a great job in absorbing the blast. [No Damage] The two SAMAS close to 10” dropping their rocket launchers and about to pull their swords.

@Jones flying in everything was going smooth as silk. Looks like your firepower was enough to get the Mark III to start bugging out. A hatch on top of the CS APC opened up, a grunt and a bald headed man appeared looking up at you. Captain Gaiter aboard the Morosose which is engaged with the DHT high in the sky radios you, ” Go get e’m Jones... Dwemore’s defense force is almost here! Looks like the DHT is pulling away... We got this! The captain’s voice halts and changes to something of curiosity, ” What... What is happening to the town???” He had been a good friend to you for sometime so you almost as long as you had known Captain Claude. Sadly you don’t have a ton of time to ponder what the good Captain means as you feel a presence in your mind. I am Charles... It is time for you to sleep.
Jone’s fights Exalted Slumber
Any living creature (not undead or constructs) within the area must make a Spirit roll, at –4. Those who fail fall asleep. Furthermore, it takes a full round of active effort to awaken a victim of greater slumber; loud noises and the like aren't enough.

+1 benny if you include some story or flashback on how you first met Captain Claude of the 77th.
@Cassiopeia for your trouble to attempt to fire on the SAMAS one flying hero of humanity takes a particular liking to you. Even has you move after Luke and Antipas it flies in low through the street about 10” away and opens fire with its rail gun. A hail of hot lead so to speak fills the street and your chest. Then something strange happens to the SAMAS... A dark shadow flies through the air wrapping it up, and when it is released the SAMAS flies apart in pieces, bones, and blood. A whisper on your shoulder says darkly, The debt repaid my love... I found another too... I hope you are not the jealous type. Shadows swirl around heading down the alley like a wind being rushed through an air tunnel.

@Tsume you dig out the girl from underneath the rubble of old car parts and metal. She seems lifeless and not breathing. Her eyes are eerily looking up into the night sky possibly looking at her soul departing. Her dark hair is singed and pale face is marred with blood and ash. Her chest is caved in punctured with a metal spike. Slowly and unexpectedly the little girl’s head turns to to look at you. Her eyes are solid black, and the child whispers sickly sweetly, ”Momma...” Tsume is suddenly filled with the urge to protect the baby at all costs.
To make matters worse a pair of SAMAS power landed with chain swords drawn next to Tsume.

One of them says over the PA, ” D-bee welcome to the pain... Your kind has been giving our world a bad rap since day one.” Despite their bravado the two mis Tsume horribly.
Tsume and the child
Spirit roll at -2 to resist the compulsion to treat the kid as if it were your own and protect it at all costs. This is a supernatural effect, similar to puppet.
@Alenysturathe’s flame blast just cleans the Mark III of foliage as it does little against its armor. A hatch pops open from the top of the coalition manned APC. A now familiar CS grunt while skull looks arround followed by a bald headed man with beady eyes and a sharp angular hawkish nose. The man looks right at her as if she was not even sheathed by invisibility. She feels a powerful presence invade her mind. ” Greetings dragon lord. I am Charles, and I suggest you to stand by your giant wolfen ally if it so please you.” Not really an order but more of a nice suggestion. What a kind bald man, how is it he is in the clutches of the CS? It rolls over and over in your mind until it is all you can think about... Very hypnotic!

Last but not least the borg seems quiet which maybe cool because you feel like you should really take the suggestion and go see what Holly is up too. The MArk III is even so kind to back away putting 14” between you and them. Then the pair duck back down and the hatch closes...
Al vs Puppet
TN is 8 otherwise please make your way to Holly... This is an opposed roll using your spirit
The sky is dark, and stars twinkle now that the sun has set. A rolling cloud bank to the north parts and a fleet of zeplin, and enchanted sky ships break through launching fireballs at the DHT! Flags flying high marking them as part of the Dweomer Defense force! Captain Pender Lumkiss hails the 77th frantically over the radio, ” 77th CIT? Jones... Wittsen come in??? Ksshhhh... Dweomer forces have engages the death head... They are in full retreat... Come in... A darkness... Kshhhh” The radio goes dead, and shadows swirl around like thick tendrils so much so the stars cannot be seen.

Luke’s armor Xander messeges the team on its own accord, ” Database indicates... The Night Terror must have escaped... Did someone wish this so?”

That is how the 3rd round ends! Everyone has a roll to make (Soak, Spirit, or reaction... Etc accept Antipas :shock: )

Please RP, react, make the roll if required, no actions except Holly whom has a held one. I paused here because the CS go again before the players and much of their actions will be dependent on the outcome of some of the player rolls.

I’ll update the map at the beginning of next round.

As a reminder no actions, just RP and rolls required if noted. Takes a benny to roll a soak. Holly has a held one which now is the time to take it.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Stoic » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:16 pm

Resist Slumber, fail
1d6-4 = -1: 3
1d6-4 = 0: 4
Extra Effort 1d6 = 2: 2
Jones falls asleep and slumps forward, pushing the controls ahead which causes the hovercycle to point directly at the ground.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

Wittsen Dolgon
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 11:36 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Wittsen Dolgon » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:28 pm

OOC Comments
sleep resist 1d8-4 = 2: 6 benny extra effort 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild die 1d6-4 = 1: 5
The D’norr’s stomach leaps into his throat as the man known as Jones suddenly drops 10 feet “This is what I get for joining an army! Knock it off Jones!” What Wittsen sees next puts his stomach right back into place with his heart following close behind. Charles! What in the Megaverse was that man doing here!? During the days of the Tolkein war the Coalition had tons of jobs for Wittsen, but Wittsen would never forget Charles “Skull Face” Thompson. The man was a psycho to the highest degree. During mission the team had encountered a group of half human half what the human’s term D-Bees. Charles had freaked out. He rounded up the child and found their parents. What happened next would haunt Wittsen until the end of his days and probably beyond. The man mind controlled the parents and had one hold down the child and the other he gave a knife to…. Wittsen still wakes in the middle of night and can children begging and screaming. Wittsen hears the voice in his head “77th Abo….” Is all he is able to get out as the hovercycle starts to arch towards the ground with Wittsens head rest comfortably on Jone’s back.
Parry: 2
Toughness: 8
Bennies: 2
PPE 20
Greater Armor +10 MDC round 2

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:51 pm

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:07 pm
Antipas from his vantage point can see some of the commando’s ducking into a house made up of some old Abandoned Rail Cars. If memory served it is or perhaps was his uncle’s old friend Tommy Boy. A fat dude if there ever was one, but good for a laugh as well as hefting a rail gun if need be. Strange that their were no screams coming from the house as the CS entered through the roof and front doors. However Antipas’ attention was quickly drawn to the two CS approaching. One fired off a rocket missing Antipas but torching the front porch around the corner. A satisfying scream from the commando waiting there reached Antipas’ ears. However... Daniels was another matter. Over the comms the CS Ace Daniels chortled clueing him in on the events after he left her in the care of the old cyber knight, ” You were right Antipas... I did escape. Mcgregor’s last words were... Help Antipas. I of course escaped, and then tortured him for days. He swore you were going to come back for him. Told me over and over how some fool Gryphus recommended you to him. He had such misplaced faith. I wasn’t even trying to learn anything... Just the simple pleasure in knowing one day I would find you and let you know” A shoulder cannon fire’s from her SAMAS, thwamp! A piece of mettle embeds in the wall behind him. The should pauldron carrying the crest of a cyberknight: McGregor! She follows that up laughing and rocket to Antipas’ face which does a great job in absorbing the blast. [No Damage] The two SAMAS close to 10” dropping their rocket launchers and about to pull their swords.
Before he can reply to the CS pilots taunts the missile erupts in his face. Stumbling a bit as the porch disintegrates around and beneath him Antipas manages to land on his feet. Reaching up with his left hand he removes the shades, wiping them on the tattered remains of his shirt and replaces them, he transmits to Daniels on the CS frequency, "If that's all you have you better bring more friends. It won't help, but it will give me something to do as you bleed out."

Looking to the north he can see the reinforcements hover bike drop into a nose dive. Interesting choice, hope that works It does seem to have drawn at least some of the APCs firepower away from Al so good enough.

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:07 pm
Luke’s armor Xander messeges the team on its own accord, ” Database indicates... The Night Terror must have escaped... Did someone wish this so?”
Then he hears Xander's transmission and doesn't know if he should laugh or curse the Gods. Both he decides. Sweet fucking forge Godmother, really?!
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Cassiopeia » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:29 pm

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:07 pm
@Cassiopeia for your trouble to attempt to fire on the SAMAS one flying hero of humanity takes a particular liking to you. Even has you move after Luke and Antipas it flies in low through the street about 10” away and opens fire with its rail gun. A hail of hot lead so to speak fills the street and your chest.
Cass sees the streams of bullets heading towards her, she instinctively jumps back, trying to scramble away, but she's nowhere near fast enough, the firey rounds throw her back, smacking into her outstretched arms and chest. She's falling. Falling like she has before....
Falling Flashback_
Summer wind rippled through the tall grasses and swayed the tops of the tall tree at the end of the field. Cassiopeia stood on the edge of the tall grass looking back and forth between the tree and her mother who stood among the other adults all clustered around a large table set up in the shade of the house. It was her uncle’s house. Something was happening, but Cassie didn’t understand what. The adults weren’t singing and laughing like they usually did when they gathered at her uncle’s. All the grown ups were talking in serious tones and pointing at things on the table. All the children had been shooed away. Cassie had looked for the older girl with the golden hair who had played with her last feast day, but her mother had said that Elandra had gone to training, like Cassie would in a few years when she was bigger and stronger. So Cassie stood at the edge of the taller grass trying to decide if she should stay near her mother and the plates of cookies, or follow the other children down to the tree. She could hear them laughing and see glimpses of white cloth in amongst the branches.

Finally she decided her mother would only shoo her away again and she’d had so many cookies her tummy felt funny. So Cassie turned her bare feet to the path of bent grass and headed for the climbing tree. It took her longer than she thought. The grass was almost as tall as she was, and once she was over a little rise she couldn’t see her either her mother or the other children. But she coudl see the top of the tree and the roof of the house, so she quickened her pace. If she just ran for the tree, the grass wouldn’t catch at her dress and make her lose her way with its wild swaying.

Finally the grass thinned and the tree loomed over her. The base of it was set against a low stone wall, and she could see a handful of other children running along the wall, playing sword fights with sticks around the trunk and swinging from the branches above. She looked up and watched the glimpses of blue sky through the layers of rustling leaves. There were no big trees like this on her father’s property. She wanted to see more of the sky and maybe see the house and her mother from up there. Her little legs ran for the tree trunk, skidding to a stop when her palms smacked the bark. She went all the way around looking for a handhold. Finally she climbed up on the wall, and if she stood on her tip toes, she could just reach a little branch sticking out of the trunk. She grasped it and climbed, her arms and legs were strong from a childhood spent in the sun.

The other children crawled and ran and cavorted all over, calling and teasing and yelling to one another. She was the youngest one, and they ignored her because she was just a baby abd not cool enough to sword fight with them.

Once she’d climbed one branch higher than any of the other children, she decided to move out and try to see the house. She held on to one big branch and walked out further toward the leaves. Just a little further and she’d be able to see through them. If only they’d stop moving. The branch beneath her feet dipped a little. The one under her hands scratched at the thinner skin of her inside arm.. She reached out to pull the next bunch of leaves back, sure that this time she’d be able to see the house. Just a little further. She leaned, the branch dipped, her feet slipped and suddenly she was falling!

Paralysed with fear, arms outstretched, she watched the ground rushing to meet her and then something dark and curly blocked her view of the grass. She crash landed in a heap of arms and legs and terrible crack that also brought a sharp pain racing up her left arm. She screamed as she tumbled down the slope, still in whirl of limbs until her back smacked into the stone wall. Something softer than the ground but still pointing and lumpy writhed beneath her. Through her tears and sobs she realized the arm she was sobbing against wasn’t her own. One of the older boys, dark curly hair and pale clear skin was scrambling to his feet. He said something, Cassie couldn’t understand her ears were ringing, her arm and back and head were throbbing. Her skin felt like it was on fire all over her arms and legs.

“Hey! Hey now. Shhhh. You’re alright. You’re fine, ya big baby. You landed on me. I should be the one crying after being flattened by you. Here sit up.” The boy was pulling on her shoulders, and she sat up, hugging the throbbing arm against her chest. As soon as her butt was on the ground, she pulled up her bony knees to her chest as well. Laying her head down to sob over her arm.

She felt hands roaming over her legs and head. The whole gaggle of children were crowded around now. The curly haired boy pulled her legs out one at a time, gently bending and twisting them back and forth. “Now look here. Do your legs hurt? Can you move them? Can you stand up? Come on, baby. Get up. We’ll take you to your mama.”

Cassie hiccuped but let herself be pushed up to her feet by a half dozen helpful hands. Nothing hurt so bad as her arm. The dark haired boy took her good hand and pulled her almost gently along. “You’re Cassie, right? I’m Antipas. That’s Jules.” He nodded to the taller girl who had her arm wrapped around Cassie’s back and was helping to guide her along after Antipas. “We’re going back to the house. Just a little further.” He kept talking, pulling her hand and leading her back through the tall grasses toward the house. Her mother met them on the path and swooped up Cassie in her arms. Over her mother’s shoulder the little girl waved weakly to Antipas.

She crashes back into the rubble of the kitchen table like she had crash landed all those years ago into Antipas. She groaned as she picked herself back up again. I'm getting too old for this shit.
Damage Soak_
+1 benny for flashback per GM
Cass takes 1 wound. -1 a Benny to soak.
Vigor = 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild = 1d6 = 2: 2
Success!
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:07 pm
Then something strange happens to the SAMAS... A dark shadow flies through the air wrapping it up, and when it is released the SAMAS flies apart in pieces, bones, and blood. A whisper on your shoulder says darkly, The debt repaid my love... I found another too... I hope you are not the jealous type. Shadows swirl around heading down the alley like a wind being rushed through an air tunnel.
Cass waves weakly. "No. No. I'm all for the free loving. You kids have fun!" Eyes wide, she shakes her head in horrified confusion. Pas was never going to let her live down befriending a night terror. Imagine bringing that home to meet the family?! They'd all be casting holy on their clan swords as soon as they laid eyes on him. Why wasn't she for that matter?! Gosh, that thing creeped her out beyond all reason!
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Techno Wizard
Pace: 6 Parry:6 Toughness: 6
Wounds: None
PPE: 11/20
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Right behind me, Master of Magic, Marks of Heritage
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:27 am

1d10+2 = 10: 8 Fighting d10 +2 (Berserk)
1d6+2 = 7: 5 Wild

Leg Sweep to hit both. Damage:
1d12+4 (7 Additional Strength Growth) 1d12+11 = 14: 3
Leg Sweep Damage: 1d8 = 2: 2
+2 Berserk Damage
1d6 Raise Damage 1d6 = 4: 4

Total: 22 Mega Damage

Holly lashes ferociously at them swinging her leg in a round house sending it into the suit letting her knee cap roughly snap into the metal as she growls and jumps on to the pile with her weight afterward looking forward at the other enemies showing her conviction to protect the town as she let's loose a blood curdling screams "UREKU" using a blood thirsty tone her theeth showing.

-Her mind occupied by the fight and goal her thoughts drop to the days of her survival where she had no one to rely on, just her strength and ingenuity with her technology skills. Anytime her skills failed her this is what she had to rely on but she became different.. something else.. Her desire for friends, to become a hero, to be needed.. It drove her and made her into a protector and she honed herself to help as much as she could but this rage beast within her always eluded full control.. She saw some atrocities she sometimes caused so she learned ways to focus on just the enemy.. UREKU... A Talayukian concept of total focus.. a threat
... A challenge.. or a good time depending on the recipient. It's a promise to give full attention to your opponent and take them seriously.. and for mortal combat to show your resolve to see it to the end. This was how she tries to tame her inner beastial desires to fight. It's something she only did one other time for someone who taught her the value of those bonds and despite the short time with the 77th her bond already grew to put her life on the line and she wanted all that could understand her to know that. Her eyes still glazed partially over she blinks seeing the face of her past foes as she grips her fists tighter.-

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Alenysturathe » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:28 am

Resist Puppet 1
-1 Wound
Spirit 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 3

Alenysturathe blinked and stared at the bald man. “Yes. Holly needs me,” she said, wheeling around and flying away from the retreating APC and toward the Talyukian.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Find Captain Claude
Code word: Pomegranate
***

Invisibility: -4 to Notice and and attacks. (-1r)
-1 Wound
-2 Darkness
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 3/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 2 eclips, 2 empty, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 0/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Tsume » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:30 am

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:07 pm

@Tsume you dig out the girl from underneath the rubble of old car parts and metal. She seems lifeless and not breathing. Her eyes are eerily looking up into the night sky possibly looking at her soul departing. Her dark hair is singed and pale face is marred with blood and ash. Her chest is caved in punctured with a metal spike. Slowly and unexpectedly the little girl’s head turns to to look at you. Her eyes are solid black, and the child whispers sickly sweetly, ”Momma...” Tsume is suddenly filled with the urge to protect the baby at all costs.
To make matters worse a pair of SAMAS power landed with chain swords drawn next to Tsume.

One of them says over the PA, ” D-bee welcome to the pain... Your kind has been giving our world a bad rap since day one.” Despite their bravado the two mis Tsume horribly.
Tsume and the child
Spirit roll at -2 to resist the compulsion to treat the kid as if it were your own and protect it at all costs. This is a supernatural effect, similar to puppet.
Spirit
Spirit 1d8-2 = 5: 7
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Tsume jumps back from the pair of Samas. "Why do people insist I am a d-bee, nya? I was born in nya Coalytion states." She glances down at the body of the girl for a moment then back to the Samas.

Must protect my baby. Must protect my baby... Must protect.. my... baby...

Tsume shakes her head to clear it and regain her focus.
Note to self
something is going to be in for some pain on her next turn.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Stoic » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:52 pm

Some time ago...
Captain Claude stands there, a far off look on his face. Before him a half dozen suits of power armor are scattered on the battlefield, in ruins. A tall athletic man with a cybernetic eye walks up next to him. "Sir, I'm here on special assignment. Codeword: Tangerine."

Captain Claude comes back from wherever his thoughts were taking him and he looks over at the man. "I thought there would be two of you?"

The tall man shakes his head. "No Sir my partner, Smith, he... well he and this grackletooth named Danny said they had a plan to earn some quick cash..." the man shrugs. "I'm Jones."

Captain Claude nods, gesturing toward the ruined machinery. "You have a lot of experience with witches, Jones?"

Jones shakes his head. "No sir, I mostly deal with mech, robots...that sort of thing."

"Well Jones, we have a problem here. A whole squad was wiped out by a witch. She calls herself the Crimson Queen..."

"Can't say I've heard of her sir. But if you can point me in the right direction, I'll give it a shot..."

"Be carefull Jones. She put some kind of sleeping spell on these troops, and they all fell out of the sky, every last man and woman as good of a Power Armor pilot as you can hope for. In fact, Jones... after I brief you, head over to the mechanics tent, I have her working on something that can prevent this sort of thing from happening in the future..."

Jones nods. "Yes sir."
Through the vehicle interface, Jones hears a booming voice scream "WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP". The entire seat vibrates violently, and Jones blinks his eyes open, pulling out of the death dive at the last moment.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:24 pm

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:07 pm

@Luke sees a few of the CS commandos dart inside a house at the end of the alleyway while the other’s take up a defensive position. The one that is cock sure, wearing more of a juicer get up, no doubt Pervey Pete grins at Luke giving him the finger. ” Sod of you wanker! This ain’t a photo shoot you lot are invited too...” Either Peete was flipping him off or pointing to the Samas about 15” behind Luke which opened fire on the Invalin. A hail of railgun fire erupted around luke, and one burst hit him square in the chest. Xander chimed in, ” I am unsure of these weapons you are referencing sir. Recommended counter measures... Cover would be good in this situation... Sir. Sensors indicate primary seals may have been comprimised!!”
Luke takes some damage
1 Wound (Shaken), second shot was Shaken which will turn into a wound if shaken.
Soak, Vigor 5 _
[*] Vigor (1d8) 1d8 = 5: 5
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 3: 3
Unshake, Spirit 6 _
[*] Spirit (1d8) 1d8 = 6: 6
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 4: 4
<Xander, if you need to shut down just let me know.>

"Peete. This is your last shoot. Make it count."

Though riddled with railgun fire, Luke stumbles in through a doorway near where the Coalition and Peete are hold up.

<Xander. Before you shut down for self repairs. Double check our surroundings please.>
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3413
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:52 pm

The shadows deepened as night further descended upon the automobile made junkyard known as Shamlin. A thick soupy blackness swirled around with conscious effort and thought that the self proclaimed heroes of humanity paid little attention too.

Their APC, a black upgraded Mark III, let loose a stream of ion and laser fire at the great monster @HollyTalayuki whom had moments ago shred a pair of Samas making two little brown haired boys living in Chi-town orphans. As the laser and ion burts from its mighty weapons failed to penetrate the gigantic wolfen’s hide one could almost hear the crew inside the Mark III radio in a missile and rail gun strike from the deaths head transport streaking over head being pursued by the airship flotilla making up Dweomer’s defensive force. Holly can almost feel the DHT sensors locking on.
Kn Electronics
Make a Kn electronics Tn 4 and you have seen high powered targeting systems in action before. You are almost sure the DHT is about to open up with everything it has on you in the next few seconds unless something dramatic happens.
The back of the Mark opened up and the combat cyborg Houser rolled out: a quick tumble and he was up on his red chrome feet. A CS soldier yelled something at him and then closed the hatch as the APC sped away. The metal cyborg had a chain sword in one hand and a rail gun in the other. His face was featureless and a red impassive piece of metal. He shouted generally in @Alenysturathe’s direction, ”Dragon! Ravaged! I demand statisfaction for your crimes not just against the coalition but me personally! You robbed me of my life last month. Drop your invisibility and face me! Upon your honor I challenge you to the death!” The last time Al had seen this man, was when he was flesh and blood during the fight at the leyline against the blackmarket and CS.

A soft voice is Al’s head made a great suggestion, Ignore the cyborg... Go stand next to the giant wolf.” Does Al find her honor and duel the combat cyborg or does she follow the suggestion?
Al’s hindrances
Feeling like one of your hindrances would make you duel the combat cyborg? Sweet you are free from puppet. Don’t have a Hindrence that will so compell you but you want to take one? Growth spurt! Take it now and get some Hindrance points to spend! The cyborg is 14” away.
The Shadows continued to deepen and the CS were bent on taking the fight to the D-bees of the 77th rather than watch their own six. The two SAMAS next to Tsume reach out and grab the D-bee. The baby in @Tsume’s hand giggled sweetly, and its head turned round like an owl as the metal arms from the CS style power armor reached out. Its pretty much at that intense moment that Tsume realizes there is no way the small child she is holding could be aliave. The back of the head has a fist sized gapping hole in it. Yet the child pleas sweetly, ”Mamma don’t let them take me!”

One SAMAS missed and the other had a half a chance to grapple Tsume and if successful fly Tsume straight up about 100ft. Concerning the one that missed, Tsume during a quick bout of nausea, saw three holes appear in the face plate and red blood began to leak from them as the ill fated PA faltered dropping to a knee. One of the PA’s cried, ” Fucking D-bee, no way you were from the burbs... You’ll pay for what you did to our world.”
Tsume
Grapple check( oppose fighting) vs TN 9 or you find yourself 20” in the air with baby in hand but grappled.
The Samas chasing down the Invalin D-bee changed tactics and jackin box straight up 50 ft( 10”) leveled its rail gun against holly to no effect, but the nearby homes behind her got a fresh coat of red paint. @HollyTalayuki could see that grackletooth family that had given her the thumbs up moments ago now lying in their own blood as they gasped for air and prayed silently for the end that was near.

The last two Samas close in on @Antipas, for a brief second the SAMAS disappeared, even despite the True Atlantean’s darksight magic. An effect Antipas was not wholly unfamiliar with.
Antipas Flashpack
A pig like humanoid snorted rattling the cell that kept Antipas. The pigoid gaurd laughed, ”Fucking True Atlanteans think they are the galaxies champions. We all need saving eh? Whose going to save you now?” The guard stuck Antipas with a naurini T9000 taser. He probably would have done more except some gaurds down the hall were yellin about containment being breeched. Porky’s eyes went wide and the world went black. Antipas recalled seeing a shadowy figure with red eyes looking at him.

”I am Freddy... Freddy Night and I am looking for my love.”

Perhaps more would have been said but a couple of the prison Naruni Power Armor burst into the hallway wielding light enfused vibro swords beating the freddy character back into its containment cell. One of the power armors fell to the ground with a loud clang. Freddy clearly had some major mojo game. One of the other guards yelled, ”Don’t let it into the suit!” The darkness abated and poor old porky was lying on the floor in a pool of his blood. Its like as if all the blood in the body had been forced out.
The darkness faded and a Samas stumbled towards him flailing wildly. Daniel’s laughed using the distraction to try and drive her blade into Antipas’ gut. Daniel’s had laways been handy with a sword. Even the old Cyberknight had commented a time or two about her skill. If anything time had just made her even better. Martially trained and then some she might just be Antipas’ better. A voice was piped through her PA’s speaker, ” Wha... Where am I... Antipas? My eye can barely see... Antipas? Is that you? I... oh... Daniels...” A heavy thud and the transmission ended. Was that live? Sure as shit that was Mcgregor’s old bastard voice! Daniels just chuckled enjoying her torment as her CS commando allies fired upon Antipas’ long time friends.
Antipas takes 2 wounds
ouch man, don’t forget to absorb, also you get to make a counter attack roll.
Four commands ducked into a house at the end of the street. The other four took up firing positions along the eastern side of the street and opened up on @Luke with grenades and from their high perch @Cassiopeia with laser fire.

Xander called out a futile warning as the grenades impacted against the strong armor, ” Luke... Armor piercing grenades impacting! Rear stabilizers sustained minor damage. Luke I am detecting a large build of nutrino’s and exotic particles coming from behind us... Miss Stormforge...” Xander’s warning was cut off by a massive surge of darkness enveloping the street from the western most edge and spreading south just as Cas found her self struck once by a laser blast that her new armor seemed to weather quite admirably. The two heroes could hear a raspy voice within the shifting tendrils of black ink.

” My love... This is my gift to you. Soon we will be together.”

The darkness diminished at the pair of heroes heard a whistle: Pervy Peete. He chortled pointing at the street Cas and Luke were racing down. It was lined with fusion block mines at stratigic points. Cas and Luke at just wandered into a death trap. Pervy Peete made the universal sign for dead, snapped a money shot photo of the Invlan and True Atlantean, then pulled out the detonator. Like someone blinking, the world went black and then opened up. Peete looked confused and for good reason. ” What the fuck did you do? Get them off get them off!” The young techno wizard found her self with a detonator in hand and both Luke and she could readily see Peete was now strapped to the four explosive mines that the CS commandos had planted. All she has to do is press the trigger Pervy Peete and possibly the house he was standing on would be destroyed in epic fireworks.

”Better Hurry... Hahaha. My love.”
Luke is shaken
.. i believe you were already shaken so this would cause a wound.
Darkness falls, deep shadows extend, a hover cycle roaring over head and @Jones and @Wittsen Dolgon we’re both zapped awake. Two options seemed to be possible during that panicked moment they gained consciousness right before hitting the deck. 1 bail into the small pool below made out of the jacuzzi parts of a stretch limo. 2 ride it out and pull up before they smack into that yellow VW bug house full of cute little fan girls wearing Smith is our Hero tank tops. Either way the bug zapper fried your nerves so the going was gonna be tough. -1 to any action this turn. Jones that means a piloting check at -5 to save the craft {I included the -1} you get to add the handling bonus in.
Jones
Interestingly in other time streams these two men met their maker in a firery demise, but Captain Claude, had given Jones an upper hand... This time. Not only did the NGR magnum slice dice juillian and make French fries it had a feature that sensed rem sleep patterns in all riders unless they were elf, gnome or dwarf and got them the fuck awake. Two parts rumble seat, one part voice actuator, and a third electrified bug zapper. As Captain Claude said, ” This is guaranteed to wake you from the dead Jones. Just don’t operate heavy machinery afterwards... Hahaha sonic the fuck boom!”
Wittsen
Just before your departure from the airship the Morose Pender Lumpkiss, an apparent captain of the Tomorrow Legion had come to see you about helping out in this little skirmish. He seemed a little on edge. ” Wittsen... I need your help. We lost contact with a field team 27.5 days ago. We just received a faint radio transmission with their signature from a small town 50 miles south of Dweomer. I convinced captain Gaitor to push the Morose to its limits .” Lumpkiss paused grinning like a dopey fool, ” We picked up a Death Head Transport in bound on the town of Shamlin too. I got a pilot ready to head down if we make contact with the team... But I need someone who can make sure they get to this spot.” Pender Lumpkiss marked a spot on the map about 40 or 50 miles east of Dweomer. ” It shouldn’t be too hard at all, a milk run really.” The captain grinned like the tool he was.
Capping off the action was a formation of shadows unlike any had seen before. Something so big even the CS hell bent on their murder of the 77th seemed to take notice. Then the mass of shadows relaxed withered into several tiny streaks making its way throughout the streets of Shamlin. You did not need to be an Invalin super scientist to see where the shadows were heading... The un manned glitterboy!

Players Turn. RP as you will, action happens as you post.
Initiative is here: Initiative
Note: Wittsen drew a club!!

Dramatic Task: Night Terror gets a new shiny suit
Skill: any combat skill or arcane skill will do but the PC must have a weapon that list light based to harm the creature. Lasers will do, or other abilities that specifically hurt evil super natural creatures like champion. Basically just got to light blast enough shadowy tendril streaks so it backs off.
Successes Needed to achieve the bare min to thwart Night Terror: 5
Difficulty modifier: -2
Rounds: 2
Special: participating in this task puts you face to face with a deep seeded fear. What is it? Make a fear check -2. Anyone who has encountered night terror before: Luke, Cas, Smith are immune.
Participating in this task takes your entire turn.

Generally:

Luke, Antipas, Cas: SAMAS x2 on Antipas, Mark III 60”, 4 CS and Pervy Peete 12”
Al: SAMAS 10”, Mark III 20”, CS Cyborg Houser 14”
Holly: Samas 15”, Mark III 70”, LAC 10”
Jones, Witten: Mark III 14”(behind the cycle moving away), SAMAS firing on holly 25”( in front), Samas wrestling Tsume 35” need to bank right. Samas fighting Antipas 45” banking left.
Tsume: Samas x2 right next to you, LAC about 20”(Cas about 15”)
House the CS soldiers duck into about 20” from LAC
Cass is 5” further behind in all cases.
Attachments
317293AF-D6A9-4A3D-8EC4-6A87324DC15A.jpeg
2BDE8462-A008-45EC-B171-C027A1142433.jpeg
27DB2DA1-68D1-4E5D-9F48-7C853E481721.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:22 pm

((1PPE spent to upkeep armor))
Counter on extra, Hit 15 MD AP2 damage. Shaken
modifiers: -2 counter penalty, +1 trademark weapon, net -1
Fighting 1d10-1 = 5: 6
Wild 1d6-1 = 2: 3
Damage: Strength 1d12 = 8: 8 Weapon 2d6+2 = 7: 3, 2
Soak rolls Fully soaked
Absorption: Vigor 1d8-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5 Bennie for EE 1d6+5 = 11: 6
Bennie to reroll with Elan: Vigor 1d8 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Bennie to soak: Vigor 1d8 = 8: 8
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Notice roll(cosmetic) 8
Notice 1d6+4 = 7: 3
Wild 1d6+4 = 8: 4
Daniels and her wingman begin their approach and Antipas smiles and begins shifting Nemisi from hand to hand in anticipation. Their formation and maneuver is nothing new to the undead slayer. Basic fighter pilot moves. But before he can position himself to take advantage of it everything goes black.
Flash Back
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:52 pm
A pig like humanoid snorted rattling the cell that kept Antipas. The pigoid gaurd laughed, ”Fucking True Atlanteans think they are the galaxies champions. We all need saving eh? Whose going to save you now?” The guard stuck Antipas with a naurini T9000 taser. He probably would have done more except some gaurds down the hall were yellin about containment being breeched. Porky’s eyes went wide and the world went black. Antipas recalled seeing a shadowy figure with red eyes looking at him.

”I am Freddy... Freddy Night and I am looking for my love.”

Perhaps more would have been said but a couple of the prison Naruni Power Armor burst into the hallway wielding light enfused vibro swords beating the freddy character back into its containment cell. One of the power armors fell to the ground with a loud clang. Freddy clearly had some major mojo game. One of the other guards yelled, ”Don’t let it into the suit!” The darkness abated and poor old porky was lying on the floor in a pool of his blood. Its like as if all the blood in the body had been forced out.
Picking up the fallen guards taser, Antipas uses it and a shiv he'd hidden in his cell to spring the cell door. Stepping out in as several more guards were closing on the cell of "Freddy" in a hail of laser fire, unfortunately these were not the best guards the Warlord Kal's money could buy and most of the blasts tore into the cell doors and hallway. They do notice the newest escapee and some fire finds it's way at the Atlantean. Not enough to harm him, but he does take some cover behind his now dead tormenter. The blasts also spring open several more doors, the occupants of which are all dangerous supernatural prisoners who are very eager to take this chance to attack their captors as well as the do-gooder. Unfortunately they are unable to stop the shadow entity from entering the armored suit.

No longer in the magic nullifying cell Antipas quickly summons his clan blade and enhances it with the blessings of his goddess. It also returns him to his teammates mental network. Our sources were right, Freddy is here and they have probably been experimenting on him. And a lot of others.

You made your move a little early Antipas. We have just docked and Luke or Keri will now have to hack the airlock, since you put them on lockdown. The teams psychic, Travlea admonishes him.

Freddy got out, shit hit the fan, I'm taking advantage. The atlantean offers as explanation

Hacking the airlock is already done Trav. Our real problem is the cosmic energy signature approaching at lightspeed. ETA, now. Luke warns.

Almost in unison the whole team thinks Shit!

Pas just try not to kill anyone until you've killed Freddy, it just makes him stronger. Keri, the teams captain, reminds him. Her mental voice is trying for stern but can not conceal he concern for the impulsive Atlantean she had married.

Standing up from his cover to meet the rush of a captive kreghor prisoner l into the fray. With ancestral blade in one hand and the dead guards taser in the other he lashes out, trying not to kill guards or prisoners, even if they deserve it, but swings at Freddy with full force. Then a concussion blast from up the hall knocks most of the combatants to the ground or slams them into walls.

"Antipas. I thought you guys were in sector to hunt slavers?" Asks a scintillant figure standing at the end of the hall, obviously the source of the blast. The Cosmo Knight Lightning Duck gave the hallway a once over, her gaze stopping on Freddy. Despite her full helm the galactic paladins revulsion at the being is palpable. As palpable as the blast of energy from her suddenly extended hand, striking the armor Freddy had inhabited in the chest.

But instead of an instant blast of destruction Ducky instead fire a sustained beam, one that encases and hold the fiendishly possessed armor. Keep the guards and prisoners off of me and I'll deal with Freddy." As irritating as it was, having Freddy put in a dimensional prison instead of just killing him, Antipas knew better than to antagonize a Cosmo Knight in mid smite, so he concentrates on keeping the riot from spreading.

Shortly he is joined by Luke, Keri and the rest of the Nightsongs crew, who through clever hacking and manipulation of security lock outs, had arrived have faced minmal combat. They subdue the sector quickly and the Lightning Duck finishes her dimensional binding. If the aftermath the knight does thank the team for helping imprison the necrotic shadow fiend. "An accuanitance of Mine suggested pushing the station into a star. Thank the forge you lot have more sense than Dorian." she tells them. Being without sight she misses the glares at Antipas from his team mates and his shrug as if to say "What, it would work"
The brief blackout makes his counter to the wild attack less effective than desired, just winging the pilot and leaving the man dazed. It also leaves him wide open to Daniels. However her well struck thrust into the undead slayers gut is stymied by the enchantment of his caryatid tattoo power. The runic tracery flares blunting the attacks force and turning the blade upwards. the teeth of the chainsword pulling the length of the blade up across his chest. But the atlanteans flesh proves impervious to the weapon, the teeth only leaving a puckered dimple where the pass over it.

He looks down at his ruined shirt then at Daniels with disdain. With his left hand he touches the now exposed rune of smiting in the middle of his chest.
Greater Smite, success +4 damage sunlight trapping
Modifiers MAP -2. Cost 6 PPE
Tattoo magic 1d10-2 = 7: 9
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Nemisi begins to glow like a small star and the dance of blades begins. Seeing an opening Antipas strikes..
Melee attack for dramatic task, 1 success
Modifiers: -2 scene, -2 MAP, +1 trademark weapon, net -3
Fighting 1d10-3 = -1: 2
Wild 1d6-3 = -2: 1
Bennie to reroll + elan
Fighting 1d10-1 = 4: 5
Wild 1d6-1 = 5: 6
Skewering a tendril of shadow as it passed thru the small melee. It makes an unearthly squealing as the enchantment on the blade burns the thing to ash.
"How about we do this After the giant shadow demon thing is dead?" He sneers at the CS officer, then both yelling and over the radio. "We need to stop the shadow being from inhabiting that glitterboy, then kill it. Use lasers, holy attacks work too.
Last edited by Antipas on Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

Wittsen Dolgon
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 11:36 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Wittsen Dolgon » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:24 pm

OOC Comments
notice 1d8 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3 :
Smarts 1d12-2 = 6: 8
Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Spellcasting mega bolt 1d12-1 = 9: 10
Wild 1d6-1 = 1: 2
Mega Damage 6d6 = 17: 6, 1, 5, 2, 1, 2

Benny -1
Damage reroll 6d6 = 28: 5, 2, 6, 6, 4, 5
2 aces 2d6+28 = 31: 1, 2
A Dream of the Past
OOC Comments
“It’s time to go Sir Dolgon. This world is dying; we need the D’norr to live on.” Where am I? Wittsen disoriented looks around instantly recognizing the Crystal Spire of X’ano on his homeworld. Not here! Not now! I don’t want to be here! Wittsen was in the High Counsel room atop the spire said to be the highest point in Verania. The translucent walls of Crystal gave a view for miles and miles of his beloved world. The Red Plains of Tumro beautifully laced by the lava rivers in the distance he could see the City of K’lukso lightning striking down on the outer defensive shield. The city’s defense system activated while Wittsen watch sending a power blast of arcane energy into the sky. The sky... Do not look at the sky… The stars in start to blink out of existence one by one. Leaving a black void in the night’s sky.

Before Wittsen was the Grand Counsel leaders of all D’norr Old fools why did you have to throw your lives away. Behind him was a line of people ready to fling themselves into the rifts in hopes of finding the promise land away from the terrors that would surely consume this world. In his hand was Gate Binder the old wooden staff felt like an old friend in his hands. I lost it like I lost them all. “We need you Sir Dolgon to lead the people to safety.” Tell them no! Tell them to pick someone else! Anyone else! Have no worries I’ll lead them safely.” What a young naive fool I had to say those words. It was the pinnacle of Wittsen’s greatest failure….

WAKE UP! WAKE UP!
In the not too distant past
OOC Comments
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:52 pm


"But I need someone who can make sure they get to this spot.” [/b] Pender Lumpkiss marked a spot on the map about 40 or 50 miles east of Dweomer. ” It shouldn’t be too hard at all, a milk run really.” The captain grinned like the tool he was.
*Sigh* "Uhhmmmm Great."
Wittsen snaps awake face red with embarrassment and anger. Quickly he spots the APS driving away. “Where do you think you’re going Charles! Thida Zis!” The burst of arcane energy traveled down his arm in Wittsen’s figure that was pointed directly at the APS. Thousands of tiny glowing crystals spring forth from his figure and speed towards the APS releasing a nearly deafening buzz.
Last edited by Wittsen Dolgon on Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:31 am, edited 7 times in total.
Parry: 2
Toughness: 8
Bennies: 2
PPE 20
Greater Armor +10 MDC round 2

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:29 pm

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:52 pm

Four commandos ducked into a house at the end of the street. The other four took up firing positions along the eastern side of the street and opened up on @Luke with grenades and from their high perch @Cassiopeia with laser fire.

Xander called out a futile warning as the grenades impacted against the strong armor, ” Luke... Armor piercing grenades impacting! Rear stabilizers sustained minor damage. Luke I am detecting a large build of nutrino’s and exotic particles coming from behind us... Miss Stormforge...” Xander’s warning was cut off by a massive surge of darkness enveloping the street from the western most edge and spreading south just as Cas found her self struck once by a laser blast that her new armor seemed to weather quite admirably. The two heroes could hear a raspy voice within the shifting tendrils of black ink.

” My love... This is my gift to you. Soon we will be together.”

The darkness diminished at the pair of heroes heard a whistle: Pervy Peete. He chortled pointing at the street Cas and Luke were racing down. It was lined with fusion block mines at stratigic points. Cas and Luke at just wandered into a death trap. Pervy Peete made the universal sign for dead, snapped a money shot photo of the Invlan and True Atlantean, then pulled out the detonator. Like someone blinking, the world went black and then opened up. Peete looked confused and for good reason. ” What the fuck did you do? Get them off get them off!” The young techno wizard found her self with a detonator in hand and both Luke and she could readily see Peete was now strapped to the four explosive mines that the CS commandos had planted. All she has to do is press the trigger Pervy Peete and possibly the house he was standing on would be destroyed in epic fireworks.

”Better Hurry... Hahaha. My love.”
Luke is shaken
.. i believe you were already shaken so this would cause a wound.
Unattended Repair

Soak, Vigor 6 _
Shaken -1
[*] Vigor (1d8) 1d8 = 7: 7
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 2: 2
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:52 pm


Capping off the action was a formation of shadows unlike any had seen before. Something so big even the CS hell bent on their murder of the 77th seemed to take notice. Then the mass of shadows relaxed withered into several tiny streaks making its way throughout the streets of Shamlin. You did not need to be an Invalin super scientist to see where the shadows were heading... The un manned glitterboy!

Turns and Things _
Players Turn. RP as you will, action happens as you post.
Initiative is here: Initiative
Note: Wittsen drew a club!!

Dramatic Task: Night Terror gets a new shiny suit
Skill: any combat skill or arcane skill will do but the PC must have a weapon that list light based to harm the creature. Lasers will do, or other abilities that specifically hurt evil super natural creatures like champion. Basically just got to light blast enough shadowy tendril streaks so it backs off.
Successes Needed to achieve the bare min to thwart Night Terror: 5
Difficulty modifier: -2
Rounds: 2
Special: participating in this task puts you face to face with a deep seeded fear. What is it? Make a fear check -2. Anyone who has encountered night terror before: Luke, Cas, Smith are immune.
Participating in this task takes your entire turn.

Generally:

Luke, Antipas, Cas: SAMAS x2 on Antipas, Mark III 60”, 4 CS and Pervy Peete 12”
Al: SAMAS 10”, Mark III 20”, CS Cyborg Houser 14”
Holly: Samas 15”, Mark III 70”, LAC 10”
Jones, Witten: Mark III 14”(behind the cycle moving away), SAMAS firing on holly 25”( in front), Samas wrestling Tsume 35” need to bank right. Samas fighting Antipas 45” banking left.
Tsume: Samas x2 right next to you, LAC about 20”(Cas about 15”)
House the CS soldiers duck into about 20” from LAC
Cass is 5” further behind in all cases.
Luke grabs Cass for a brief moment, the face plate peels back and he looks her dead in the eyes. "Make the right call. I support your decision, whatever it is." The suit seals up and Luke follows after the Night Terror.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:17 am

1d6 = 4: 4 +1Knowledge Electronics
1d6 = 6: 6 +1 Wild - Aced
1d6 = 5: 5 Total : 12


-Hollys sniffs the air and feels the intensity focused on her knowing another barrage of weaponry with missiles was coming in hot she gripped her fists and got ready for the assault doing her best to be ready to dodge but decided the best course was to take the fight to them while doing so. No more just letting them fire at her. She moves as fast as she can towards the Mark III and tramples a Samas with her bulky body after a quick jump while continuing her movement as far as she can towards the Mark III. While moving she minds her steps as best she can to avoid unintentional damage but used her wolf like agility to keep up the pace.- "Your mine you cowards! Face me."

1d12 = 6: 6 d12 Strength +4, Size Bonus 7, 2 bonuses to movement
1d6 = 6: 6 Wild
Aced 1d6 = 5: 5
6+5+4+7+2=24 Total Strength check. 6 Success


OOC Comments
MISSILE
1d6 = 1: 1 Agility
1d6 = 2: 2 Wild

MISSILE
1d6 = 2: 2 Agility
1d6 = 6: 6 Wild Aced
1d6 = 3: 3


MISSILE
1d6 = 3: 3 Agility
1d6 = 4: 4 Wild

MISSILE
1d6 = 4: 4 Agility
1d6 = 4: 4 Wild
Last edited by HollyTalayuki on Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:49 am, edited 12 times in total.

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:53 pm

Heading after the Night Terror, Luke draws his Precision Laser Pistol. Making sure it is set for Laser Beam nad not Particle Beam, Luke begins firing on the Night Terror.

Shooting 10 _
Shooting +1
[*] Shooting (1d8) 1d8 = 7: 7
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 9: 3
As one who has faced his own terrors in the past, Luke is hoping to learn something by facing down the Night Terror.


Disregard _
Spend a Benny for a Trick to fix the system failure in Xander (5 of 4 remaining).

Luke is running after the Night Terror. Passing by one of the houses, Luke notices a piece of chrome in a bumper of a car. This particular piece has managed to retain its shine and luster through out the years since its heyday.

<Xander. I am crafting a temporary patch to get us through till to tomorrow.>

Luke MacGyvers a reflector for the suit. Designed to amplify the power being used in the suit without needing to draw in more energy. Hopefully this will remedy the power flux for a bit.

[*] Repair (1d10) 1d10 = 1: 1
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 10: 4
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Stoic » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:14 pm

Piloting 4
Piloting 1d10-2 = 4: 6
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Jones expertly lets go of the throttle while yanking back on the controls, pulling them out of the deadly dive.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Cassiopeia » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:00 pm

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:52 pm
The shadows deepened as night further descended upon the automobile made junkyard known as Shamlin. A thick soupy blackness swirled around with conscious effort and thought that the self proclaimed heroes of humanity paid little attention too....

Four commandos ducked into a house at the end of the street. The other four took up firing positions along the eastern side of the street and opened up on @Luke with grenades and from their high perch @Cassiopeia with laser fire.

Xander called out a futile warning as the grenades impacted against the strong armor, ” Luke... Armor piercing grenades impacting! Rear stabilizers sustained minor damage. Luke I am detecting a large build of nutrino’s and exotic particles coming from behind us... Miss Stormforge...” Xander’s warning was cut off by a massive surge of darkness enveloping the street from the western most edge and spreading south just as Cas found her self struck once by a laser blast that her new armor seemed to weather quite admirably. The two heroes could hear a raspy voice within the shifting tendrils of black ink.

” My love... This is my gift to you. Soon we will be together.”

The darkness diminished at the pair of heroes heard a whistle: Pervy Peete. He chortled pointing at the street Cas and Luke were racing down. It was lined with fusion block mines at strategic points. Cas and Luke at just wandered into a death trap. Pervy Peete made the universal sign for dead, snapped a money shot photo of the Invlan and True Atlantean, then pulled out the detonator.
Cass closes her eyes and shakes her head for a minute before looking up at the scattering shadows. “O...kay.. This is never going to not be creepy. Um Night Ter.. Terry. This isn’t going to work. Really, I just woke up, I don’t know who I am right now. I’m just not in a place where I can be in a relationship with… with …. A demon.”
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:52 pm
Like someone blinking, the world went black and then opened up. Peete looked confused and for good reason. ” What the fuck did you do? Get them off get them off!” The young techno wizard found her self with a detonator in hand and both Luke and she could readily see Peete was now strapped to the four explosive mines that the CS commandos had planted. All she has to do is press the trigger Pervy Peete and possibly the house he was standing on would be destroyed in epic fireworks.

”Better Hurry... Hahaha. My love.”
Luke wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:29 pm
Luke grabs Cass for a brief moment, the face plate peels back and he looks her dead in the eyes. "Make the right call. I support your decision, whatever it is." The suit seals up and Luke follows after the Night Terror.
She looks Luke in the eyes and nods.”Thank you.”

As she stumbles on down the alley a few feet, eyes locked on Peet as he struggles in the wires, Cass runs the numbers in her head. The number of fan girls and innocents in the building with Pervy Peet, the number of commandos at his back, the people she’d watched die fighting for their lives at the hands of other Coalition soldiers, Luke, Pas, and the rest of the team who basically jumped in to try and save her when she woke up. All those lives balanced against Pervy Peet. Then she hears the laugh of the Night Terror.

“Hey bondage boy!” Cass calls out to Peet as she skids to a stop next to a heavy wall of Cadillac doors. “My um.. Lover’s got you tied up tight, but it looks like your legs are still free. You’ve got 5 seconds to get down here to the street. Bring your Coalition cronies with you. Lay down your weapons and we’ll talk about not blowing y’all back to your precious maker!”
Persuasion_
Persuading Peet to come out of the building +4 per GM
skill: Persuasion+4 = 1d6+4 = 7: 3
Wild +4 = 1d6+4 = 8: 4


Persuasion against commandos (I'm not sure there's a plus to this roll)
skill:Persuasion = 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild = 1d6 = 3: 3
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Techno Wizard
Pace: 6 Parry:6 Toughness: 6
Wounds: None
PPE: 11/20
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Right behind me, Master of Magic, Marks of Heritage
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Alenysturathe » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:19 am

Shooting 3
-1 Wound, -2 Size
Shooting 1d8-1 = 5: 6
Wild 1d6-1 = 1: 2
Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 4

[Curious Hindrance should work.]

”Dragon! Ravaged! I demand satisfaction for your crimes, not just against the Coalition, but me personally! You robbed me of my life last month. Drop your invisibility and face me! Upon your honor, I challenge you to the death!” the cyborg yelled.

A soft voice is Al’s head made a great suggestion. Ignore the cyborg... Go stand next to the giant wolf.

But...But...I wanna know who he is! Alenysturathe thought. She blinked, suddenly feeling her mind free.

Even though she was hurt, Alenysturathe wheeled around, still invisible, and landed in front of the screaming cyborg (2”). She peered at him closely.

“Oh! I know you!” the young dragon’s voice spoke from the air. “You were with those guys at the ley line! Hi!” She paused. “Oh, yeah.” And then she breathed fire on the cyborg. Unfortunately, he was quicker than she anticipated and danced out of the way.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Find Captain Claude
Code word: Pomegranate
***

Invisibility: -4 to Notice and and attacks. (-2r)
-1 Wound
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 2/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 2 eclips, 2 empty, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 0/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Tsume » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:00 pm

gm quote
The shadows deepened as night further descended upon the automobile made junkyard known as Shamlin. A thick soupy blackness swirled around with conscious effort and thought that the self proclaimed heroes of humanity paid little attention too.


The Shadows continued to deepen and the CS were bent on taking the fight to the D-bees of the 77th rather than watch their own six. The two SAMAS next to Tsume reach out and grab the D-bee. The baby in Tsume’s hand giggled sweetly, and its head turned round like an owl as the metal arms from the CS style power armor reached out. Its pretty much at that intense moment that Tsume realizes there is no way the small child she is holding could be aliave. The back of the head has a fist sized gapping hole in it. Yet the child pleas sweetly, ”Mamma don’t let them take me!”

One SAMAS missed and the other had a half a chance to grapple Tsume and if successful fly Tsume straight up about 100ft. Concerning the one that missed, Tsume during a quick bout of nausea, saw three holes appear in the face plate and red blood began to leak from them as the ill fated PA faltered dropping to a knee. One of the PA’s cried, ” Fucking D-bee, no way you were from the burbs... You’ll pay for what you did to our world.”
Tsume
Grapple check( oppose fighting) vs TN 9 or you find yourself 20” in the air with baby in hand but grappled.


Capping off the action was a formation of shadows unlike any had seen before. Something so big even the CS hell bent on their murder of the 77th seemed to take notice. Then the mass of shadows relaxed withered into several tiny streaks making its way throughout the streets of Shamlin. You did not need to be an Invalin super scientist to see where the shadows were heading... The un manned glitterboy!

Players Turn. RP as you will, action happens as you post.
Initiative is here: Initiative
Note: Wittsen drew a club!!

Dramatic Task: Night Terror gets a new shiny suit
Skill: any combat skill or arcane skill will do but the PC must have a weapon that list light based to harm the creature. Lasers will do, or other abilities that specifically hurt evil super natural creatures like champion. Basically just got to light blast enough shadowy tendril streaks so it backs off.
Successes Needed to achieve the bare min to thwart Night Terror: 5
Difficulty modifier: -2
Rounds: 2
Special: participating in this task puts you face to face with a deep seeded fear. What is it? Make a fear check -2. Anyone who has encountered night terror before: Luke, Cas, Smith are immune.
Participating in this task takes your entire turn.
Grapple Check
Fighting 1d12 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Benny to Reroll
Elan +2
Fighting 1d12+2 = 7: 5
Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Cursed with Awesome
1d6+2 = 7: 5
The Samas grabs her and starts hauling her into the air. "I'm telling the truth. I'm Satsume Date. Daughter of... Naoki Date. Colonel Date of the Coalition." Tsume has no clue why she suddenly remembered that her father was a colonel in the army. She knew that he worked for the government. Even more peculiar was that what she said was in clear american, no hints of her nya accents. "Nya.. and just when I was going to do somenying about nyis evil nying too. " She looks at the child she is hanging onto.

She grabs onto the samas as she starts chanting in a weird cat language. She is surrounded by a holy light that repulses evil.
Tsume's grapple TN 6
Fighting 1d12 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Holy Warrior
Range is 8
Targeted creatures within range must make a Spirit roll. Failure means the creature is Shaken; a 1 means it is destroyed. Wild Cards suffer an automatic Wound instead.
Hindrance Wanted
Wanted (Major): Tsume was part of a highly classified research project and also the daughter of highly ranked Coalition Citizens. The Coalition has a specialized team seeking to capture her. Note that this research project has nothing to do with the powers she gained from this framework.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3413
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:23 am


Bennys and other special snow flake session abilities reset after combat ends.
Spoon Fed Edition Video Recap
Darkness swirled around the town. It was like walking through the pitch black with only a light. Cold, calculating, and everywhere... It was alive.

@Tsume The baby went limp in Tsume’s hand and she sees some kind of dark spector flee! The CS Samas that has her bear hugged tried to take her higher in the air. It yells through its PA system oblivious to the swirling shadows and true threat, ” Shut it D-bee! No way you are Colonel Date’s daughter! It was fucking tragic to loose your kid like like that... I’ll—” The voice trailed away. Had Tsume the means of listening she would have heard a sweet little comms officer patch into the radio of the SAMAS and confirm facial tracking on Tsume’s identity. The SAMAS’ grip grew tighter and it looked as if it were angling for an afterburner jet up to the DHT hopefully punching through swirling darkness. ”Looks like Llyboc wants you topside, what a mess... Enjoy the breeze D-bee.”
Grapple Rules
Grapple Rules: How to get out, if you want... Make an opposed Agility or Str check ( an action). Any other skills are at -4 while grappled.
@Alenysturathe saw the CS borg screaming in a monotone voice at her a mere 10 feet away, it was brandishing a large chain sword with wild enthusiasm, ” Fire breath? Ravager you dare use fire breath? What you did to our troops at the beginning of the war will be undone this eve! Four death heads gone in a blink! I will avange the fallen!” Metal plates slid down covering the borgs eyes and the borg crouched ready for Al’s impending arrival. It whispered seething, ” You think I need eyes to see you monster? I am upgraded thanks to you. Houser will be your death.” The borg readied himself in a low crouch waiting for the dragon’s strike.

@Cassiopeia saw Pervy Peete gulp and kiss a photo. It fluttered admit the swarm of shadow landing on the ground at the technowizard’s feet. A picture of a robust grackletooth arms akimbo wearing little below the waste. It was signed Daniel T. Striker. Peete nervously called down, ” Ok... Ok... D-don’t do anything hasty... I I saw that dragon, the big red one you travel with... I had to call it in after what happened during the war.”

His voice trails off as the other four commandos toss down their weapon(the other four are nowhere to be seen) and hold their hands high in the air. A swirl of shadow caresses Peet’es cheek. A voice from the darkness whispered, ” Did you hear her? We are in love... Hahah..”

Peete’s voice quivered as he shook shaking the fusion blocks strapped to him. His face was pale and eyes were wide as he confronts his own nightmare, ” What are you?” He dropped to one knee drawing a raspy breath and tumbled off the roof down near Cassiopeia. Unconscious and sweaty the man’s face rolled towards her.
Cass... What War?
Last conflict you were aware of was Alistor Dunscon’s Grand City embroiled in conflict with the CS despite Gryphus’ strong objections
@Luke The shadow swirls around you as the laser rife cuts into it. Clearly it is makimg for the glitterboy stationed near where the barn used to be. As the laser dissects the shadow it disperses with a faint howl. Xander piped in through Luke’s interphace, ” Luke I am detecting a rise in nuclegentic dark matter particles.... Processing... Processing... Luke’s screen filled with a rapid display of exotic particles... Some he only theorized about, Xander interrupted the analysis with a brillant anylaysis of radio transmission, ” Luke... I am getting multiple radio transmissions attempting trace their origion.”
Probable CS transmission... Short range
A male jovial voice, ” Sir these jet packs chaff...”

Stern no nonsense man, ” Stow it Kawalski, Carter tell the men outside to throw down their weapons. Will pick you up.”

Feminine smart and cool” Yes sir Captain O’Niel. Hands are raised. Awaiting pick up.”
Unknown Source, location medium
A familiar female’s voice comes over the comm inbetween bursts of static... The commanding voice of the man eater, Slater” Get the wounded...Kssshhhhh bunkers. Keep Kssshhh the wolf, she is drawing kssshhhh...fire. Code Black Tango Redstar.”

It dawns on Luke that he and Antipas have used that same designation durimg one of their previous colorful outings when their radio transmission had been compromised.
@@Jones you pulled out and fly over the heads of more than a few fan girls either pointing up or waiving at you as you passed overhead. You’ll need to bank right about 90 degrees to make a run on the mark III speeding away, or keep going and you can line up a good shot on the SAMAS the monster wolf brushed aside. But you know what was super weird? Folks down in Shamlin were yellin and pointing up at you for sure. A pair of D’Norr fangirls wearimg Smith for Sweat tank tops and not much else yelled, ”Underneath you!”

Wouldn’t that beat shit... An armored gauntlet grabbed hold of your foot and the cross bones of a CS specialist was grinning up at you as he hung onto the undercarage of the hovercycle. The fucker must have got on as you pulled out of the dive... Just your luck he had a robotic arm. He shouted like all good CS Lone Star boys do, ” I’ll be guttin you boy unless you land this rig.”

@HollyTalayuki The Samas you trampled goes flying of kiltered and crashed into a tower of smashed VW bugs about ten feet from Holly. Down but not out the SAMAS’ wing was torn in half. Shadows overhead swirled as if a great darkness was about to consume Shamlin. Over the PA you hear a man’s voice, low and raspy, He speaks in perfect Talayukian, ” My child... This is not the way. The Coalition have shown us the path...” The SAMAS looked up and saw missiles streaking towards the Talalukian... The SAMAS crossed his arms and knelt his head ( a common symbol of acceptance on the Talayukian home world) ”The Vanguard...” Kaboom!!!! The missiles impacted all around only one striking Holly, but flame and fire consumed the strange SAMAS power armor until nothing was left. Burnt bodies of Shamlin fangirls were all that surrounded Holly.
Notice -2: The heads of three of the burnt bodies turn to Holly with eyes of utter darkness.

Holly damage from missile: 8d6 = 25: 1, 5, 4, 3, 5, 1, 1, 5 AP15

@Wittsen Dolgon’s crystal shards squarely hit the black Mark III APC moving away from Shamlin but its armor gaurded it well protecting it from futher damage (not quite a wound). But an insideious voice echoed in his mind ”Dolgon, I told you last time, you don’t have what it takes.”
Last Time...
Blood was everywhere, children, men, and women. Charles’ hunger, and lust for killing knew no bounds. Even the CS commandos blanched at his ferosity. But in one house a line was drawn. The CS Commando captain, Pike pulled his gun on Charles as the mind melter invaded the mind of a little boy no more than seven years of age.

Captain Pike shouted with his laser pistol aimed at the head of Charles, ” The boy is Human! Stand down Charles.” Wittsen was on the other side of the house, having just come in.

The Captain urged Wittsen to help, ” Dolgan, take him... “ The Captain’s voice caught in his throat as Charles laughed. The gun in the captains hand slowly rotated until it was pointed at the captain’s head.

Charles stroked his bald head and scratched a finger along the the little boy’s forhead. He looked at Dolgan mildly amused, ” You don’t have what it takes Wittsen... Get out.” The voice of the mind meltered echoed in the ears of Wittsen... Over and over until it was all he could think of, did the walker have what it took?
There is a story within a story here, +1 benny to continue it. Remember Charles survives to this day...
@Antipas saw the swirling shadow bore into Daniel’s wingman. The SAMAS next to Daniels came apart and blood sprayed everywhere. Daniel’s rounded on Antipas. She raised her blade high and yelled at the Undead Slayer, ” What did you do? How are you doing this? You fucker I’ll see you pay. This is Daniel’s remove Mcgregors leg... Ten second count.” Antipas could almost see the cold hatred seeming through her SAMAS suit. Undoubtadly if Antipas could see her eyes he would have taken a wound or more. Her voice came back piped through the PA speaker. It was more measured, ” Tell your team to stand down Antipas... Its the only way to make sure that old Cyberknight sees tomorrow.”

Daniel’s cried out in Pain as a laser beam came from the darkness striking her side. Barely through the darkness the Undead Slayer could just make out a Grackletooth standing tall: Durango gave him a quick wave. He called through the darkness, ” Back eh, in the nick of Time... I’ll make a run for me dad’s Glitter Boy.” He seemed a bid sad that Kozco did not make it.

Daniels took a step back and glanced at the new threat, ” Great... A Grackle... It’ll make a nice shoe.” Daniel’s during her time as a merc with Antipas was known to fancy aligator skin boots... Although with that comment... Ewwww.
Antipas Fear -2
I did not see the fear check for engaging Night Terror
Pender Lumkiss’s voice comes crackling through the swirlimg darkness that has now all but enveloped the town, ”77th... If you can hear me... CS in retreat. The town is almost gone. Shadows have enveloped it completely... Are you still down there?” Captain Lumpkiss’s voice drops in rapid horror, ” Oh no... Shamlin... Its turning into some kind of fade town, you need to either stop whatever is causing the darkness or get out! 77th? Wittsen? Jones? Anyone do you read me?”

” I hear you captain... Hahaha, I found my love at last... The world will know only Terror!”

Captain Lumpkiss’ screams fill the radio until it cuts out. The darkness blots out the stars, make it almost impossible to see passed any light source, and are thick like a choking fog. Will this be the end for our Heroes, the next 6 seconds are all that matters...

Round 5... Players go first keep track of ppts and maintaince. Remember if you get hit while maintaining a power there is more than a good chance it will fail.
After players, the CS will go... This might be the last round of combat.

Dramatic Task: Night Terror gets a new shiny suit, and also somehow Night Terror is turning Shamlin into a fade town...
Skill: any combat skill or arcane skill will do but the PC must have a weapon that list light based to harm the creature. Lasers will do, or other abilities that specifically hurt evil super natural creatures like champion. Basically just got to light blast enough shadowy tendril streaks so it backs off.
Successes Needed to achieve the bare min to thwart Night Terror: 3/5
Difficulty modifier: -4
TN: 9
Rounds: last round
Special: participating in this task puts you face to face with a deep seeded fear. What is it? Make a fear check -2. Anyone who has encountered night terror before: Luke and Antipas have already participated, so it is time for others to take a stand. Cass is immune to the fear effect having already undertaken it.

Participating in this task takes your entire turn.

Generally:

Luke, Antipas, Cas: SAMAS x 1on Antipas, Mark III 60”, 4 CS 12” weapons down and Pervy Peete 2” from Cass
Al: , Mark III 8”, CS Cyborg Houser 2”
Holly: , Mark III 54”, LAC 24”
Jones, Witten: Mark III 20”(behind the cycle moving away), Samas wrestling Tsume 30” need to bank right. Samas fighting Antipas 40” banking left.
Tsume: Samas 1 flying you 20” LAC about 30”
House the CS soldiers duck into about 16” from LAC
OOC Comments
Dramatic task: 3/5, difficulty: 1d6 = 1: 1 Disaster! -4 difficulty and TN is 1d10 = 3: 3 Wild 1d6 = 3: 3 Last Benny with Elan, 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Attachments
FF96F191-7953-4C0B-8787-E97474D766F1.jpeg
8F3ECCA2-1BDF-43A3-BA52-53D6DE42D7DF.jpeg
68A6D276-64BC-4563-A51C-D3570EA49821.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Stoic » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:38 pm

OOC Comments
Piloting 1d10-2 = 2: 4
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 0: 2

Benny to reroll
Piloting 1d10-2 = 8: 10
Ace
Piloting 1d10 = 5: 5
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 0: 2

Damage 4d6 = 15: 5, 2, 2, 6
Ace 1d6 = 2: 2
Raise damage 1d6 = 3: 3
"Land? Sure, why not?" Jones pulls back on the throttle, bouncing the vehicle off of the ground, a satisfying crunch noise coming from the smashed CS soldier.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Alenysturathe » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:53 am

Shooting 9; Raise
-1 Wound, -2 Size
Shooting 1d8-3 = 5: 8
Ace 1d8+5 = 9: 4
Wild 1d6-3 = 0: 3
Fire Breath Damage 16 MD
5d6 = 16: 1, 4, 5, 2, 4
Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 4

“See, now you’re not making sense again. War? What war?” Alenysturathe said, snorting out smoke from her nostrils. Her powerful wings pushed off again and she rose into the air, circling above the cyborg Hauser (12”). “My mama didn’t raise a fool,” Alenysturathe said. “Well, she didn’t raise me at all, but anyway…” And then she shot a stream of fire at him again.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Find Captain Claude
Code word: Pomegranate
***

Invisibility: -4 to Notice and and attacks. (-3r)
-1 Wound
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 1/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 2 eclips, 2 empty, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 0/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

Wittsen Dolgon
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 11:36 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Wittsen Dolgon » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:55 pm

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 6: 6
wild 1d6 = 6: 6
ACE! 1d6+6 = 8: 2
Event Magic Champion 1d12 = 2: 2
Wild Die 1d6 = 6: 6
Wild Ace 1d6+6 = 11: 5
1 Benny for extra effort 1d6 = 2: 2
13 - 4 = 9
Last time on To Flay A D-Bee
OOC Comments
Charles you’ve gone too far!” Wittsen lowers his shotgun ready to make charles a popsicle. “Halt!” Wittsen felt his whole body freeze up. Charles smirks as he wipes his hands on his pants. “Even touching your brain with my powers makes me feel dirty, D-Bee.” He stands up and starts to walk around Wittsen. “Your kind is a blight upon this planet, and I will not rest until I kill soak the ground with the blood of every last D-Bee on Earth. The Coalition thinks its OK to use your kind to do there dirty work. I’m here to show them how wrong they are. To that end; here’s what we are going to. When I snap my figures you’re going to take that gun and kill Captain Pike with it.” Pike’s eyes widen in terror as he omits a low whine. “Sound fun? Great! But first you boy! Pick up that knife and kill yourself. Little boys should know better than to play with evil.” The little boy promptly picks up the knife and slices his own throat. “Now for the final event. Help! Help! The Traitor Wittsen is killing Captain Pike!” With that Charles snaps his figures and Wittsen turns and fires the shotgun freezing Captain Pike’s face in an eternal look of horror. Wittsen turns quickly ready to do the same to Charles, but Charles just smiles. “You could try to kill me Wittsen, but the commandos will be here any second now and I do believe you won’t want to be around when they get here. Unless you think they’ll believe you over me?” Wittsen quickly thinks it over and turns and flees to the sound of charles’ laughter in the back of his mind.
Present

Wittsen grunts in frustration as his magic has no effect on the transport and the captain panicked voice comes on the com. Quickly taking stock of the situation “My I do believe I’ve let my anger take hold of my good sense. Charles will have to wait as the whole town seems in jeopardy. Jones will you please fly this craft straight for once. I must destory the darkness enveloping town before it’s too late.” Wittsen raise his hand into the sky pointing a darkness and a bright ray of light springs forth driving back the night.
Parry: 2
Toughness: 8
Bennies: 2
PPE 20
Greater Armor +10 MDC round 2

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:19 pm

Forgotten fear test
Spirit 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5 bennie for EE =elan 1d6+5 = 10: 5
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:23 am
Antipas saw the swirling shadow bore into Daniel’s wingman. The SAMAS next to Daniels came apart and blood sprayed everywhere. Daniel’s rounded on Antipas. She raised her blade high and yelled at the Undead Slayer, ” What did you do? How are you doing this? You fucker I’ll see you pay. This is Daniel’s remove Mcgregors leg... Ten second count.” Antipas could almost see the cold hatred seeming through her SAMAS suit. Undoubtadly if Antipas could see her eyes he would have taken a wound or more. Her voice came back piped through the PA speaker. It was more measured, ” Tell your team to stand down Antipas... Its the only way to make sure that old Cyberknight sees tomorrow.”




Daniel’s cried out in Pain as a laser beam came from the darkness striking her side. Barely through the darkness the Undead Slayer could just make out a Grackletooth standing tall: Durango gave him a quick wave. He called through the darkness, ” Back eh, in the nick of Time... I’ll make a run for me dad’s Glitter Boy.” He seemed a bid sad that Kozco did not make it.

Daniels took a step back and glanced at the new threat, ” Great... A Grackle... It’ll make a nice shoe.” Daniel’s during her time as a merc with Antipas was known to fancy aligator skin boots... Although with that comment... Ewwww.
The accusation, being so incredibly and obviously wrong nearly causes Antipas to leave an opening for the CS officer. "You're not really that stup… oh you are..." Continuing their dance of blades Antipas slips Nemisi from his right to left hands, fakes a thrust but actually returns the blade to his main hand before doing so.
fighting 13, damage 22 ap4
Fighting 1d10+1 = 9: 8 Bennie for EE with Elan 1d6+11 = 13: 2
Wild 1d6+1 = 4: 3
Damage 1d12 = 10: 10 + 2d6+6 = 12: 5, 1
The ruse works to draw off her guard and the Atlantean slams the enchanted blade into the SAMAS pilots gut.
"Your offer is a choice between "saving" one fool of a cyber knight, for one day. Or a whole town, possibly the world. I don't know why you think that's a dilemma for me." While not as simple a choice as he leads her believe, leaving an ally in peril goes very much against his grain, he knows the old man would rather he save the town and that makes it easier. That and "not killing him today" even if they keep their word doesn't preclude torture. Or just killing the knight tomorrow.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pender Lumkiss’s voice comes crackling through the swirlimg darkness that has now all but enveloped the town, ”77th... If you can hear me... CS in retreat. The town is almost gone. Shadows have enveloped it completely... Are you still down there?” Captain Lumpkiss’s voice drops in rapid horror, ” Oh no... Shamlin... Its turning into some kind of fade town, you need to either stop whatever is causing the darkness or get out! 77th? Wittsen? Jones? Anyone do you read me?”

” I hear you captain... Hahaha, I found my love at last... The world will know only Terror!”

Captain Lumpkiss’ screams fill the radio until it cuts out. The darkness blots out the stars, make it almost impossible to see passed any light source, and are thick like a choking fog. Will this be the end for our Heroes, the next 6 seconds are all that matters...
Gods damn it, he better not get himself killed, fucking Achereon fool To their adversary he yells, "Hey, Freddy! There's no cosmo knight to spare your ass this time, focusing on the sky may not be your best idea."
Last edited by Antipas on Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Tsume » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:56 pm

Tsume sighs a bit of relief as what ever was possessing the baby flees, she still holds on to the baby however. As tears pass from her eyes over the loss of the poor child, she looks about seeing the swirling shadows. She continues her chanting to try keep them at bay from reaching herself or the SAMAS. She does not resist the SAMAS as he tightens his grip to take her where ever it is her final destination.
Faith 8
Difficulty -4
Faith 1d6-4 = -3: 1
Wild 1d6-4 = 0: 4
Benny to Reroll
Elan added +2
Difficulty -4
Base -2
Faith 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Wild Ace 1d6 = 4: 4
Benny for Reroll Attempt for better result then current 8
Elan added +2
Difficulty -4
Base -2
Faith 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Taking second results
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Cassiopeia » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:44 pm

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:23 am
@Cassiopeia saw Pervy Peete gulp and kiss a photo. It fluttered admit the swarm of shadow landing on the ground at the technowizard’s feet. A picture of a robust grackletooth arms akimbo wearing little below the waist. It was signed Daniel T. Striker. Peete nervously called down, ” Ok... Ok... D-don’t do anything hasty... I I saw that dragon, the big red one you travel with... I had to call it in after what happened during the war.”

His voice trails off as the other four commandos toss down their weapon(the other four are nowhere to be seen) and hold their hands high in the air. A swirl of shadow caresses Peet’es cheek. A voice from the darkness whispered, ” Did you hear her? We are in love... Hahah..”

Peete’s voice quivered as he shook shaking the fusion blocks strapped to him. His face was pale and eyes were wide as he confronts his own nightmare, ” What are you?” He dropped to one knee drawing a raspy breath and tumbled off the roof down near Cassiopeia. Unconscious and sweaty the man’s face rolled towards her.
As she sees the image on the fluttering picture, Cass rolls her eyes. Oh for crying out loud! If this is going to be my life now, I almost wish I could climb back in the cryotank.

She watches Peete facing the the Terror and dismisses the whisper of sympathy that rises up at the sight of someone else facing what she already knows is one of the worst experiences of his life. This asshole and his goons are the reason her new friends are running for their life and catching missiles with their bare hands. He doesn't deserve her sympathy. When his body rolls to a stop at her feet she stomps her boot down on his right shoulder, pinning him down in case he should come back to himself. She tosses the explosive's trigger to her left hand and whips out her TK revolver with her left. With her foot still up on Pete's back, she waves the trigger at the goons. "Get your asses down here, face down on the ground next to your boss or I'll blow us all sky high. Don't fucking doubt me. I've had a really shitty day and I don't actually care if we all go out with a bang!"
Persuasion Check
Persuasion 1d6= 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6= 1d6 = 6: 6
ACE! 1d6+6= 1d6+6 = 8: 2
1 raise on the persuasion to get the goons down on the ground
Whether the goons obey her or not, Cass doesn't care. There are SAMAS still shooting at Pas, Luke and her new teammates. Her new stalker boyfriend is trying to fade the whole town. So Cass has officially given her last fuck and the flying power suits are just annoying at this point. She raises her TK revolver and takes aim at the MARK III that's closest to her.
TK revolver attack
Shooting 1d6= 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 1d6 = 3: 3
Miss! :(
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Techno Wizard
Pace: 6 Parry:6 Toughness: 6
Wounds: None
PPE: 11/20
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Right behind me, Master of Magic, Marks of Heritage
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3413
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:45 am

Note to the players... I only count 4/5 successes on the dramatic task, and I got to start writing the next post. Anything players might do at this point will not affect the outcome of the failed task. Luke and Holly you are more than welcome to post.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3413
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:47 pm


+1 Benny to all players

Spoon Fed Edition Video recap
@Cassiopeia saw tbe CS soldiers kneel with their arms outstretched. One of them yelled out into the swirling darkness, her femine voice was full of raw panic ” What the fuck are you doing D-bee? Get it off me... Get it off—“ Her voice was cut short as she and the other three Soldier’s found an inky darkness caressing their body covering them fully.

Listen to my love...

When the inky darkness left them, only a trail of ash remained! Pervy Peete strapped with his own bombs and nearly dead from fright met almost a similar fate. His gurgled scream might have given Cas pause. All that was left of the lecher after the darkness enveloped him was an ash trail and a photo in its wake: a 5x5 glossy image, crumpled and aged... A pic of Gryphus, a grackletooth, and a cryopod with Cass inside it.

@Antipas CS SAMAS captain Daniels grunted as the knife found its slick home. Already injured from behind by Durango’s timely return she spat as her mouth pooled with blood. Perhaps it was the surprise of the blow or her stark realization on what was happening. But her voice was for the first time soft, and without hate... ” Antipas... Her name... Is Angel.” Darkness swirled around her covering the SAMAS from head to toe. ” No... No! Aiyeee!!!” Daniel’s voice was full of panicked hatred, much more like the Daniel’s you had come to know.

” My love wishes you to die...”

Despite Night Terror’s words Daniels fought back for something she loved just as much, ” Damit... I will not give up on her! Antipas you have a d—“ Her words were cut short by a scream both her own and that of her Samas suit’s engine’s going into overdrive! As the darkness released there was nothing left of Daniels other than perhaps the faint memory of a night and tender moment the two had shared long ago. Also the fate of the old knight Mcgregor was unresolved...

@Tsume the shadow and darkness was breaking apart the further the SAMAS took you into the air. Wind was whipping across your face. The running lights of the CS death head transport were straight ahead. The transport was being closely persued by a flotilla of air ships; metal, wooden, elegent, and made for war about 12 such ships were driving the black ship of death back!

The SAMAS pilot yelled, ” What did you do?” The baby in Tsume’s hands started crying as if reborn free from the malice, and darkness plaguing Shamlin. It’s head wound fully healed and its bright blue eyes looked up at Tsume still clutching it. The baby wailed as if giving thanks to Tsume for not giving up on her and indicating it was super hungry.

The Pilot screamed, ” D-bee! What the fuck are you doing? I don’t care whose daughter you are if you—. Oh no...” The SAMAS’ suit flamed out and its engine sputtered going dead. Whatever momentum up the trio had soon came to an end and they fell down to the darkness that welcomed them like a soft inky blanket.

@Wittsen Dolgon as the CS Mark III disappeared in the swirling and all encompassing darkness you realized that the light you were trying to use to disrupt it would be too little too late. The familiar insideous voice of Charles invaded your mind one last time to chortle with glee at your predicament, Wittsen... You remember Captain Pike? Truth is I did not even need to make you slice his throat... Hahaha. You had already broken free... Hahaha... Upu ran so fast so long ago you do not even know. Next time I see him I’ll tell him I saw you... Hahaha. Good luck with the darkness-” The light you issued waned and then the darkness truly took the town you were flying over. Then it took you... Warm, comfy, and final. It was unlike any you had seen or heard about before say perhaps a rumor of something that once lurked deep within the vaults of Tolkeen. The darkness took you only to be broken by unlikely allies. (See Jones)...
Kn Arcana -4
Oh yes this darkness is similar to the one that could be created by the Pearl of Eternal Night. Such an item had been under heavy gaurd while in the Azure Vault deep below the city council chamber’s in Tolkien. An item capable of bathing the word in darkness forever. A vampire’s wet dream it was called. While Tolkeen had been destroyed perhaps its legendary counter part Shining Supernova could be found and used to destroy Night Terror once and for all.
@Jones felt a satisfying crunch as the CS commando met his end against a 1961 Shelby. In a time before the cataclysm the car would have been a sought after vehicle destined to be fully restored. Now though it served as a terrifying casket for some unlucky hero of humanity. You felt a brush stroke your face through your armor, a tendril of darkness wrapped around your face plate caressing you. Something was happening you felt sick to your stomach. The darkness was going to take you... And destroy you! Then a break in the darkness a shinning light was near! Three allies of old on hover jet swirled near. A fantastic cat named Sammy and a woman as fierce as they come Ailbhe. The two being led by a woman... The captain of your old merc outfit, Victoria! Her blond hair swirled and they led you up surrounded by brilliant light and above the black cloud that has circled around Shamlin.
Conversation in the air for Jones and Wittsen
Sammy grinned at Wittsen and Jones with a toothy smile. He seemed well situated to the jet pack that kept him aloft. Victoria hovered near. Her eyes pierced the two souls she was looking at. Her words were fierce as she yelled, ” Jones! It is good to see you! We don’t have much time. The 77th set loose something that should have been better left locked away. You could just jet out... You and your friend. But I am betting you’ll go back in to that darkness...”. Below, it seemed as if the inky blackness had completely blotted out Shamlin. A soft strange crackling of blue light was all that you could really see.

Ailbhe’s face was jagged and her look was stern. Back in the merc days of the Black Company she was known as a warrior woman. Tersely she yelled over the roar of the jet packs, while handing Jones a box, ” You’ll need this Jones!” Her eyes darted toward Wittsen, ” Or maybe your friend can use this!”

Sammy laughed after the exchange and slapped Jones on the back, ”What was it you always said Jones... What was it?” Then the three vanished as if their time had expired. The darkness waited down below to claim Jones and Wittsen should they so choose.

So you guys got a choice (but the story continues in the darkness)... I sort of figured it could be a cool moment where you guys decide you are in it to win it for good or I’ll.
@Alenysturathe, a mighty flamewind indeed. Soared over the town, but the shadow soared more. It slowly at first took over homes in the center and spread to its outer edges. Below you standing on the back of an old pick up truck the CS cyborg houser continued his tirade against some imagined slight. His mechanical voice held a sense of pure unfiltered hatred, ” Face me beast! Face me and be undone! During the war with Magic, it was said you took the feild. Don’t dare lie to me ravager. I know it was you... Behold!” From the borg’s chest a hologram of a red flame wind dragon twice as large as Al but otherwise eerily the similar. The holo dragon crashed into a death head transport demolishing it with one bite. Despite the darkness the image was clear as day. ” You dare deny this? Face me monster! Face m—- Wha—“ Houser seemed to loose his footing. No his foot had been enveloped by a thick darkness and when it let go the borg’s foot was no more. ” M-Monster...”

”You seem afraid... Shhhh... I’ll make it better.”

The borg screamed as bits of shadow struck him disintegrating his armor and limb. Then as if scooped up by a large invisible hand he was flung clear of the shamlin and the shadow towards the Mark III zooming away. As the shadow swirled over Al the last thing she saw of houser was his shiny torso sans limbs hitting the sign that said Welcome to Shamlin.
Xander for Luke
As the shadow swirls arround, Xander chimes, ” Luke, it seems the exotic particle count is rising exponentially. I am reading the glitterboy powering up! Processing processing... Brace yourself Luke we are shifting planes!”
Holly
The darkness stuck to your fur covering you head to toe. Its sticky and yet incorporeal. A pair of CS commands try to sneak by only to have the shadows cover them as of living or a viscous black water. As it released them nothing was left except a duffle of tools.
The voice of Pender Lumpkiss crackled over the comms. Wide band burst so that it was picked up by radios all lver the town (even Al and holly heard this), ”Ksshhh... Shamlin, this is Pender Lumkiss.... Ksshhh 77th are you there? CS bugging out. Town Fading... Will remain... Kshhhhh... Ksssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh. Good Luck. A black inky oil like shadow flooded everything in, on, and above Shamlin including you!

Darkness greeted you... Solid, transparent, and complete. No light, and yet you could sense the rest of the 77th were nearby. In the distance a white object, perhaps a building, was the only thing that you could see in the murk. Agaimst such darkness scale and distance were almost impossible to discern. Those with arcane or psionic proclivities felt little connection to them in this place, the darkness was draining the PPE and ISP. Perhaps most jarring, was that it was just the team and the belongings they had or were riding that were here in this gloom ridden place.

Feel free to RP, make skill rolls as you like, and if it so pleases you journey to the building. Night Terror thanks you for playing.

Players have all their gear, and vehicles they were riding on. But
Attachments
7ECE38DE-5B3F-451B-973E-97844F921927.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Alenysturathe » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:51 am

Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenysturathe watched the strange hologram as Hauser yelled. “That wasn’t me!” she exclaimed. “I wasn’t even hatched then!” Who was that massive red dragon then? This Ravager?

Then Alenysturathe watched in horror as some sort of inky blackness wrapped around the cyborg, dissolving his limbs. Where had that come from? What was it? It through the cyborg away, out of town, and then curled up toward Alenysturathe. She beat her wings, making to fly higher, but felt something cold wrap around her tail. She came to a sudden stop, and then fell, plummeting back to the ground.

Alenysturathe shook her head to clear it and looked around Shamlin. Everything was thick, inky black. Some kind of white light shone from a building, and it felt...weird, magically cut off. She let her invisibility fall and crawled, still wounded, toward the light and the rest of her team.

“What happened?” she asked.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Find Captain Claude
Code word: Pomegranate
***

-1 Wound
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 1/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 2 eclips, 2 empty, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 1/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:26 am

"Oddity Confirmed."

Luke was grateful that his friend, Xander was at least joining him on this adventure.

Making a guess, Luke would guess that Shamlin had become a Fade Town. They occured elsewhere in the Three Galaxies but Earth seemed to be like the Mecca for all distrubing phenomena, Like Fade Towns.

Pushing a message out over the Team Comms, "Seventy Seventh this is Luke. Welcome to Shamlin Fade Town. Courtesy of the Night Terror."

"Meet at the barn. I will drop a signal beacon. Be careful, no telling what remains in a town after it has been Faded."


Luke with Xander's help, makes there way the rest of the distance to where the barn once was, looking to see what else of the Town of Shamlin still remains. "Xander. Any signature readings on Kozco's Glitterboy?"

Orange Pulsing Signal Beacon _
+1 HJ Table Bonus
[*] K/Electronics (1d10) 1d10 = 6: 6
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 5: 5
"Xander any location show like they would hold up our weight, so we could operate as look outs for the team?"
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3413
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:39 am

Xander Response for Luke
” Luke... Processing... Processing... Readings in this space are fluctuating. Scans indeterminate. Data does not indicate any safe space but it does not not indicate any unsafe space. Distance has no meaning. Your allies could be one foot away or miles away. I am reading all their comma as active and in the vicinity... Processing Processing. Homing beacon active, what a strange barn if it is that. It is either really small and close KT really large and far. Fascinating. I am detecting a faint energy source from within it. Dark Matter Energy. “
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:45 am

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:39 am
Xander Response for Luke
” Luke... Processing... Processing... Readings in this space are fluctuating. Scans indeterminate. Data does not indicate any safe space but it does not not indicate any unsafe space. Distance has no meaning. Your allies could be one foot away or miles away. I am reading all their comma as active and in the vicinity... Processing Processing. Homing beacon active, what a strange barn if it is that. It is either really small and close KT really large and far. Fascinating. I am detecting a faint energy source from within it. Dark Matter Energy. “
"Dark Matter Energy, that figures."

Luke works his way to where the barn is or was and sets to work on system checks trying to work off frustration. He really does not like innocents getting hurt. He actively chose to be in the way of danger and the innocents did not.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

Wittsen Dolgon
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 11:36 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Wittsen Dolgon » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:16 am

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Arcane Know 1d12-4 = 7: 11
Wild 1d6-4 = -3: 1
Spellcasting to figure out the box 1d12 = 6: 6
Wild dice 1d6 = 1: 1
I'll be seeing you again Charles... Looks down on the dark town. "Looks like the works of the Pearl of Eternal Night. A Relic from Tolkein when anger and madness overruled rational thought. This is very bad. The whole world might be covered in darkness in time. Wittsen takes the box out of Jones hands. "Give me that! A Pandora Box! Extremely dangerous in the wrong hands. Feels like it's not currently being occupied... Let me see here. Wittsen chats a minor incantation and waves his figures over the box. I can open it! Although I'm going to need some help from a locksmith. Innocent people are dying and the 77th is still in danger. We have the key to end this Jones.... Wittsen looks the insane pilot in hard in the eyes and just gives him a nod.
Last edited by Wittsen Dolgon on Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Parry: 2
Toughness: 8
Bennies: 2
PPE 20
Greater Armor +10 MDC round 2

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3413
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:31 am

Info about the box... Wittsen and Jones
The box is made out of smooth metal and feels warm to the touch. It is fairly light giving one pause to think that there could be nothing inside the box and that it was perhaps more of a cage. A series of arcane glyphs magically protect the box from being opened even in a place seemingly devoid of magical energies. The three arcane sigils can be harnessed to open it by using an arcane skill and lock picking unless you know the correct combo.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:45 pm

Before Antipas can process Daniels final words to him (ever?) she's gone. He's glad for this for several reasons; his child is probably better off with her than in some CS orphanage (or worse if they learn who the childs father is), and because it will easier to find his child if he can start by searching for Daniels.

Then the darkness engulfs the town completely. A telepath would "hear" a lot of activity in the Atlanteans mind, most of it swearing. That he can somehow sense the rest of his team is a comfort so he heads towards where Cass and Luke stood last.
Luke wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:26 am


Pushing a message out over the Team Comms, "Seventy Seventh this is Luke. Welcome to Shamlin Fade Town. Courtesy of the Night Terror."

"Meet at the barn. I will drop a signal beacon. Be careful, no telling what remains in a town after it has been Faded."
Being nearby Antipas answers his friends suggestion. "Negative. We group up before we head to the mysterious structure. No point straggling in like spacewasps to a micro singularity." Blue then comes flying up to him and quzzacks with scorn. "I'm sorry buddy, I left you in all the excitement. Not used to having a pet, but well I kinda do that anyway, the rushing into things. Stay close and thanks for the light Blue." "If anyone can see blue sparks, head to them."

Moving up to @Cassiopeia he looks her over for damage, seeing none he gives her a smile. "Aren't you glad you woke up for this fucked up mess? Adventure in a fade dimension, psycho stalker demon with a crush on you, and a bunch of misfits only two of whom you know. heh. Kinda like old times actually."

"Luke, do you remember Freddy Terror? we broke into a "not Naruni" black site to try and kill him, what, 20 years ago and were interrupted by that Cosmo Knight busybody, Thunderduck? I think this may be him."
Alenysturathe wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:51 am

Alenysturathe shook her head to clear it and looked around Shamlin. Everything was thick, inky black. Some kind of white light shone from a building, and it felt...weird, magically cut off. She let her invisibility fall and crawled, still wounded, toward the light and the rest of her team.

“What happened?” she asked.
"Short version, we got dragged into a Fade dimension by Cass' new boyfriend. I'll give the longer version when everyone's grouped up." Then by Blues faint light he can see the young dragon has been wounded. "You doing all right Al?"
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:47 pm

Antipas wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:45 pm

"Luke, do you remember Freddy Terror? we broke into a "not Naruni" black site to try and kill him, what, 20 years ago and were interrupted by that Cosmo Knight busybody, Thunderduck? I think this may be him."

" 'Pas. Freddy Terror or Thunderduck. Who might be who?"

Luke continued to scan the environment for changes and the next fade or bridge to cross.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Alenysturathe » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:49 am

Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenysturathe favored her leg as she limped up to Antipas at the barn. “Just a scratch,” she said, though it was a bit of a lie. She’d never gotten hurt like this before! “Give me an hour.” She could feel the magic of the charm she had been given speeding up her natural healing. “What’s a fade town?” she asked, collapsing down into human form again, her red hair disheveled, a bloody stain on the leg of her armor. She retrieved her anti-tank laser and loaded another e-clip into it.
Mission
Find Captain Claude
Code word: Pomegranate
***

-1 Wound
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 1/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 2 eclips, 2 empty, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 1/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Stoic » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:37 pm

Jones smiles grimly. "You would win that bet." Jones snapes off a quick ironic salute and drops the Hovercycle into the blackness, landing on the ground.

"Tough shit man, I don't know how to pick a lock. I can blow it open if you want."

Jones goes on the comms "77th, this is Jones, landing hovercycle, what's your location?"

Jones tries his best to see anything.
Notice 37
Notice 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 5: 5
[/ooc}


He quickly spots the rest of the group and...something else.
Jones picks up the rocket launcher.

"77th, there is some shadowy wolf creature headed your way, get ready!"
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:40 pm

OOC Comments
Past reply revised. Finished a post but posts closed and it made me edit the actions due to advancing. Ignore this if you want. Holly's actions prefade. Follow up will be below*


Holly's strength ravishes on as she scans the area darkening around her. She moves quickly towards the Mark III focused on her relentless take down of the foe as her last vivid statement was Like asking her to take out whatever was shooting the missiles but she was getting frustrated as she carefully but speedily chased after it until the town continued fading into darkness disorientating her as she howled loudly so everyone could hear her and the dismay and anger in her voice that could quake ones ear drums and Pierce the heart of those that knew she was after them. She gripped her claws tight as her movement tempo continued and she did her best to spot for any weird actions.
1d4 = 2: 2 Notice
1d6 = 1: 1 Wild
As the town darkens she gets a very concerned feeling as she feels her friends may need protecting but she is unsure what will be happening. Her rage still boiling as she looks towards the Mark III with intensity.

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:47 pm

Realevent Post Currently Catching up.

Holly disorientated and hearing none of the 77ths conversations due to her current form and having no knowledge of the languages she howls loudly this time in a more confused howl so the 77th likely knows her position as her claws grip the ground in the darkness so she can get her balance as the turn through her off. She never experienced anything quite like this...Her memories the best she could feel is a shift in reality.like the feeling of a space ship flipping through space with no gyros until it stops and is just floating unstabilized and lost. That's how she felt right now and she didn't like it. She wanted answers and she had issues completely analysing complex thought in her current form but her anger and uncertainty didn't make her feel safe enough to let go of her power yet.

1d4 = 1: 1 Notice
1d6 = 4: 4 Wild

1d10-2 = 0: 2 Smarts(Fail)
1d6 = 4: 4-2 =2 Wild(Fail)

Holly roars at the disorientation of Shamlin being gone and can't seem to wrap her head around everything. Her focus she held on to so long in the fight slipping out of the grasp of her claws as she becomes ferocious the entire group seeing her toweing size her growth still active and her rabid look in her eyes glazing over her normally sultry but fierce determination and as the beast fully awakens Holly can only think of what they may think of her. A monster.. I just used it to help.. did I over use it... Enemies?! All around my? She growls and claws ferociously at the air as she moves within the center of most of the party keeping distance as she looks at each with contempt of being ready to slice them open given the wrong move. Her only pause is when looking at Luke and his tech for some reason it softens briefly and she shakes her head growling again as Luke's suit is redisplayed to her as those crazy attacking Samas the love of tech and her companion she met being over shadowed by the beast she harnesses for her greatest of powers. Some ice foams from her mouth relating her frost drop to land among the group but it's hesitated as she closes her mouth growling so only a soft cool refreshing breeze hits her team mates showing a small ounce of control waiting like a wild animal to respond.... Her most intense look being at Wittsen since no recollection even came but it's hard for her to even tell friend or foe anyway

Can anyone calm Holly's raged Fenrur Form as it spirals out of control in a disastrous state due to the huge gap in logical reasoning?

Reference: Holly's size is her Talayukian Wolf Form is currently in growth at around 60 ft tall and likely around 21 tons.

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:06 pm

Stoic wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:37 pm


"Tough shit man, I don't know how to pick a lock. I can blow it open if you want."

Jones goes on the comms "77th, this is Jones, landing hovercycle, what's your location?"

Jones tries his best to see anything.
Notice 37
Notice Original post: 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace Original post: 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild Die Original post: 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace Original post: 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace Original post: 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace Original post: 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace Original post: 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace Original post: 1d6 = 5: 5
[/ooc}


He quickly spots the rest of the group and...something else.
Jones picks up the rocket launcher.

"77th, there is some shadowy wolf creature headed your way, get ready!"
He hears the message as Holly's hulking form approaches. Seeing her this massive was certainly a surprise. He knew the wolf-giants were just that but this was something different. She looked crazed like Hercules, he could see why Jones was alarmed.
"Jones the wolf is a friendly. Repeat, she is friendly. Come on in and I'll try to get you guys caught up. Antipas out."

The Atlantean looks up at the rage swollen Talukian with respect and assessment but also confidence and a little impatience. Flicking on the translator he addresses her paraphrasing words his uncle Griffus once said to him in this very town. the odd staggered effect of Antipas speaking in American briefly and the speaker on his hip echoing the words in in tounge of Holly's people echoes out only to fade into the clinging dark. "The Fates have gifted you with the wrath of Hercules... There are only two ends for heroes so afflicted: ...They master it. Learning to control and hone the rage into a weapon sharper than Gods blessed starmetal…. Or it masters them. And their lives consist of tragedy,... the rages claiming their friends and loved ones.... The choice is a journey that begins now." He stands calmly awaiting her next move as the last of the enchantment on his blade is syphoned off by the dark the muted glow fades completely leaving Antipas lit by the electric blue crackle of his elemental companion. Perched on the undead slayers shoulder small sparks from Blue dance over his long coat and his exposed head.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Cassiopeia » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:02 pm

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:47 pm
@Cassiopeia saw the CS soldiers kneel with their arms outstretched. One of them yelled out into the swirling darkness, her feminine voice was full of raw panic ” What the fuck are you doing D-bee? Get it off me... Get it off—“ Her voice was cut short as she and the other three Soldier’s found an inky darkness caressing their body covering them fully.

Listen to my love...

When the inky darkness left them, only a trail of ash remained! Pervy Peete strapped with his own bombs and nearly dead from fright met almost a similar fate. His gurgled scream might have given Cas pause. All that was left of the lecher after the darkness enveloped him was an ash trail and a photo in its wake: a 5x5 glossy image, crumpled and aged... A pic of Gryphus, a grackletooth, and a cryopod with Cass inside it.
After a quick glance at the picture on the ground, Cass scoops it up and shoves it into her back pocket as her eyes are pulled toward the sounds of screaming and combat around her. She's struck by havoc the Night Terror is unleashing on the town. "Oh gods, what have I done?"
Antipas wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:45 pm
Moving up to @Cassiopeia he looks her over for damage, seeing none he gives her a smile. "Aren't you glad you woke up for this fucked up mess? Adventure in a fade dimension, psycho stalker demon with a crush on you, and a bunch of misfits only two of whom you know. heh. Kinda like old times actually."

"Luke, do you remember Freddy Terror? we broke into a "not Naruni" black site to try and kill him, what, 20 years ago and were interrupted by that Cosmo Knight busybody, Thunderduck? I think this may be him."
"Old times?" She scoffs and rubs her face with her un-gauntleted right hand. It was covered in Pervy Peete's ash and now her face not only looks wretchedly tired, but smudged dirty as well. "What have you gotten yourself into, Pas? What have you gotten me into? You know that thing?! Freddy??"
Cass shakes her head and moves through the murk toward where she feels Luke is. She hooks a hand in his arm, tugging him closer after Pas calls everyone to him and his blue sparks. As they stand, watching the gloom warily for teammates and new threats, Cass leans wearily against Luke's shoulder, more confident in his power armor's ability to hold them both upright than in Pas's tired-looking ass.
Antipas wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:45 pm
Alenysturathe wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:51 am

Alenysturathe shook her head to clear it and looked around Shamlin. Everything was thick, inky black. Some kind of white light shone from a building, and it felt...weird, magically cut off. She let her invisibility fall and crawled, still wounded, toward the light and the rest of her team.

“What happened?” she asked.
"Short version, we got dragged into a Fade dimension by Cass' new boyfriend. I'll give the longer version when everyone's grouped up." Then by Blues faint light he can see the young dragon has been wounded. "You doing all right Al?"
Cass throws up her hand in a weak protest, but she doesn't stand up from her lean. "Hey, don't bring my good name into this. He was your friend first."
HollyTalayuki wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:47 pm
Holly roars at the disorientation of Shamlin being gone and can't seem to wrap her head around everything. Her focus she held on to so long in the fight slipping out of the grasp of her claws as she becomes ferocious the entire group seeing her toweing size her growth still active and her rabid look in her eyes glazing over her normally sultry but fierce determination and as the beast fully awakens Holly can only think of what they may think of her. A monster.. I just used it to help.. did I over use it... Enemies?! All around my? She growls and claws ferociously at the air as she moves within the center of most of the party keeping distance as she looks at each with contempt of being ready to slice them open given the wrong move. Her only pause is when looking at Luke and his tech for some reason it softens briefly and she shakes her head growling again as Luke's suit is redisplayed to her as those crazy attacking Samas the love of tech and her companion she met being over shadowed by the beast she harnesses for her greatest of powers. Some ice foams from her mouth relating her frost drop to land among the group but it's hesitated as she closes her mouth growling so only a soft cool refreshing breeze hits her team mates showing a small ounce of control waiting like a wild animal to respond.... Her most intense look being at Wittsen since no recollection even came but it's hard for her to even tell friend or foe anyway
Cass, for one, stands up straight and leans into the cool breeze, her eyes closing and a slow smile spreading across her face. The chill feels good on her bruised and beaten body, lifting her dirty hair off her neck and rushing through the tattered remains of her shirt. When the breeze passes, she opens eyes and smiles wider at the giant, slightly slobbery-looking wolf.
Antipas wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:06 pm
Antipas looks up at the rage swollen Talukian with respect and assessment but also confidence and a little impatience. Flicking on the translator he addresses her paraphrasing words his uncle Griffus once said to him in this very town. the odd staggered effect of Antipas speaking in American briefly and the speaker on his hip echoing the words in in tongue of Holly's people echoes out only to fade into the clinging dark. "The Fates have gifted you with the wrath of Hercules... There are only two ends for heroes so afflicted: ...They master it. Learning to control and hone the rage into a weapon sharper than Gods blessed starmetal…. Or it masters them. And their lives consist of tragedy,... the rages claiming their friends and loved ones.... The choice is a journey that begins now." He stands calmly awaiting her next move as the last of the enchantment on his blade is siphoned off by the dark the muted glow fades completely leaving Antipas lit by the electric blue crackle of his elemental companion. Perched on the undead slayers shoulder small sparks from Blue dance over his long coat and his exposed head.
"So you did listen to him." Cass whispers over Antipas's shoulder. She makes a mental note to take the time to make her own translator or better yet, a universal one for Holly. She's too drained to make something befitting her new friend now, so she tries hard to smile and convey her honest affection for the woman. Cass had seen, and been awestruck, by the feats Holly could manage with her monstrous form. Since she can't talk to the wolf directly, she tries to project her thoughts. "You've done good work, but it's over now. It's time to lay down your rage and come home."
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Techno Wizard
Pace: 6 Parry:6 Toughness: 6
Wounds: None
PPE: 11/20
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Right behind me, Master of Magic, Marks of Heritage
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3413
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:19 pm

Next GM post is here viewtopic.php?f=173&t=4156

Please keep RPing Holly’s rage, it is a cool moment. +1 benny to anyone so inclined to try and calm her (retroactive).
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:21 pm

Holly looks at Antipas hearing her language and listening.. she can hear it.. understand it but to truly embrace and fight this rage when it breaks loose is hard.. she maintains it every day to do exactly as Antipas instructs but feeling drained from her wounds over her body noticably bleeding in places and scratched up despite her size the pain shows and weakens her resolve. Internally she tries to clear her mind to listen and regain control.. a fluid happiness coming over her consciousness.... Antipas didn't abandon me yet.. yet.. this monsterous side chases so many away.. it's a part of me.. I deal with it but I can't expect anyone else to.. it's dangerous.. but very lonely never staying around people.. especially as a Talayukian craving bonds... And I break them all the time...the monster does.. I'm hard to stay around.. helpful yet dangerous.. As she is thinking the rage still holds her body thrashing from the pain and confusion that Holly's mind can't settle. There's also a fear of consequences on her new team or friends for all that happened.. she did her best to use her power to help but she knows.. it always comes at a cost.. fear me.. don't get hurt... She screams the name she learned when Luke spoke it... "ANTIPAS..." Along with a mournful howl to show her dismay of being so close to her friends.. why couldn't I be off somewhere seperated while they be safe?..

Looking at Cass's smile despite her form as the beast thrashes around puzzles her.. I could kill you?... The frozen fear expression that often plasters every face when she's like this.. or everyone running.. for some reason this girl's different... Just like Antipas she hasn't.. left me? Same thoughtful expression..I don't deserve that trust.. you barely know me Holly screams in her head.. You just woke up.. your injured.. don't... I don't want to hurt you.. I've killed some close to me this way.. not another.. innocent.. the only part of this internal dialogue the surfaces is after looking at Cass she grabs her head momentarily before lunging her claws outward screaming in Talayukian.. "NEVER... NEVER.. Not.. Deserve.. I've.. that.. destroyed... Bonds... "

It seems they may be having an impact but her hesitation in attacking and broken words is the best Holly musters in her state. She still feels threatened from the pain, the fighting, and a fear that she will be alone yet again when she fully wakes up.. Those that survive don't stick around due to her volatile nature.. not when they know.. she finally thought she was passed this but it let's loose once again when the pain and fighting kicks her into survival mode.

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Alenysturathe » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:10 am

Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 0

Seeing the slathering giant wolf, Alenys moved between it and the others, growing into her dragon form. She lowered her head and growled threateningly, smoke curling from her nostrils, determined not to let Holly hurt anyone, her tail curling protectively around the rest of the team.
Mission
Find Captain Claude
Code word: Pomegranate
***

-1 Wound
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 1/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 2 eclips, 2 empty, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 1/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Tsume » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:00 am

She tries to remember what happened. Tsume was going up and up and then she started falling, the Samas lost it's grip on her and she lost her grip on..

Standing on the ground, in the darkened world, she looks down at her hand. Her empty hand. Palm open. She is mad, and she clasps her hand into a fist. The child is gone.
notice 5
notice 1d4 = 3: 3
wild 1d6 = 5: 5
She looks about her and doesn't see the others at all. She starts to wonder in the darkness.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:43 am

Holly looks at the appearance of Aleny her face going from conflicted and struggling to control her rage to a face more of understanding. This is the reaction she is used to by this form.. Either a fight, flight, or frozen fear with regret all of which she has seen too much and those willing to fight at least are hopefully enemies, or they have the chance to stop her.. To kill her.. Their choice survival then. A willing combatant who is on the battlefield chose the fate and in Holly's state she can't fully understand where she is or who is who and despite her wounds her being challenged by a dragon albeit smaller then her is still a bit thrilling... Wait?... The rage.. I needed to calm down...But enemies are still here.. The loss of Antipas and Cass's somber faces to calm her down throws off her focus and this provided her an easier path but she still hesitant feeling off about the situation she notices the defensive stance the dragon took due to it being a common tactic on the battlefield and wonders at the choice.. Holly backs up slightly getting ready with her claws as she shakes her head trying to work through the situation but with combat on her mind the imminent fight is a bit hard to ignore. In Talayukian she began the question to Aleny as best she can with her raged thoughts scrambled. "You here to fight?.." An easy way to put her mind at ease if she can't hold the rage anymore at least depending on the answer. There is a huge amount of shaking on her arms trying to hold back her killer instinct... The wounds she has dripping blood and reminding her that her life is on the line.

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:35 pm

Antipas' breath catches for a fraction of a second when Alenys transforms in expectation of violence but Holly holds her ground. While occluded by the dragon he quickly loads U-rounds into his big bore and replaces it on his back. With a near rampaging fenir and an evil, possibly demonic entity in the near future they were going to come in handy.

Jumping over Al's tail he comes back out into the open and answers the question meant for Alenys with a sigh and a more impatient look than before. "She will if you make her, as will the rest of us. If. You. Make. Us. I would much rather go kill the evil fuck that brought us here. He looks pointedly at the glowing structure. "We have work to do can we stop fucking around now. Please."
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:00 pm

"Antipas....." She mouths slowly as she heard his curses because the blunt openess was something she came to enjoy and crave from Antipas because of the realness and lack of transparency.. no pretending around her and it snapped her back momentarily her eyes dripping slightly with a tear going into the blood across her face. Her rage and urge to fight still welling up in her.. "Everyone.... Okay?.. " She hopes she hadn't hurt any of the 77th yet. Her eyes fix back on Aleny her claws gripping and she breaths heavily a moment closing her eyes. "Leave me.. if.. needed... " A pain coming over her about being alone but not having luck releasing her urge to fight and survive from the pain as she looks around slowly trying to take in what's happened with the enemies.. *it's so dark.. maybe I can find a target to stall for them?.. I'm no good like this.. they won't want damaged goods and my body and mind are pretty throughly thrashed right now... Where are they?..* The damage the missile did still aching her body and creating pulsating blood lust since her rage is fueled by survival. The concious side of Holly trying to overturn herself for the best outcome but she hasn't been in this much pain or feeling this emotionally lost since her first week of life.. the death her live was bound on and tragedy of what she did to live.. *This form isn't normal.. for a Talayukian she's a freak of nature...* She thought these things to herself in that moment trying to maintain peace for her friends and hope she didn't hurt them. She steps back away two steps her claw still shaking from her natural urge to fight but trying to make them comfortable to pass away from her while she holds it as best she can her eyes trying to avoid contact with Alenys because of the desire to fight her being tantalizing for bloodlust rage. A glance in her dragon filled gaze and a fight may insue she can't stop and Antipas will need Aleny.. She can't put the teams condition in danger..

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:48 pm

HollyTalayuki wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:00 pm
"Antipas....." She mouths slowly as she heard his curses because the blunt openess was something she came to enjoy and crave from Antipas because of the realness and lack of transparency.. no pretending around her and it snapped her back momentarily her eyes dripping slightly with a tear going into the blood across her face. Her rage and urge to fight still welling up in her.. "Everyone.... Okay?.. " She hopes she hadn't hurt any of the 77th yet. Her eyes fix back on Aleny her claws gripping and she breaths heavily a moment closing her eyes. "Leave me.. if.. needed... " A pain coming over her about being alone but not having luck releasing her urge to fight and survive from the pain as she looks around slowly trying to take in what's happened with the enemies.. *it's so dark.. maybe I can find a target to stall for them?.. I'm no good like this.. they won't want damaged goods and my body and mind are pretty throughly thrashed right now... Where are they?..* The damage the missile did still aching her body and creating pulsating blood lust since her rage is fueled by survival. The concious side of Holly trying to overturn herself for the best outcome but she hasn't been in this much pain or feeling this emotionally lost since her first week of life.. the death her live was bound on and tragedy of what she did to live.. *This form isn't normal.. for a Talayukian she's a freak of nature...* She thought these things to herself in that moment trying to maintain peace for her friends and hope she didn't hurt them. She steps back away two steps her claw still shaking from her natural urge to fight but trying to make them comfortable to pass away from her while she holds it as best she can her eyes trying to avoid contact with Alenys because of the desire to fight her being tantalizing for bloodlust rage. A glance in her dragon filled gaze and a fight may insue she can't stop and Antipas will need Aleny.. She can't put the teams condition in danger..
He nods to assure her that everyone is fine and looks to the team. "Go on, we'll catch up shortly."
"I'd rather not leave you. The only reason I took command was to make sure you kids get to Claude as safely as the fates allow. Also as I said, you've been touched by the Gods. I can't have you lost in a hell dimension. You'll just end up turning evil, escaping and then we'd have to fight in 20 years. Fate's a bitch like that. So shrink down and lets get a move on. And quit telling yourself it's not that simple because in the end it is. Either you do it or you don't."
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:33 pm

Standing entirely still her main response glancing toward Antipas waiting for their movements. "I will... NEVER.. be evil.. my Takeru... It's not possible.. harboring bloodlusting monster inside.. Survival.. mechanism.. *Her eyes open slowly.* I also.. wouldn't be mad.. I understand.. mission comes first.. Liability... I don't... Burden Antipas.. *She thinks as best she can to convey her feelings of sorrow and hatred of how her power works and how careless she was to be so badly injured.*

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:44 pm

"I would hope not. More likely mad with hunger. I can feel this place draining the power from my tattoos faster than it can build up, I can't imagine what that's like for you and Al. Lets get to the light so we can get the fuck out of here."
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:45 pm

HollyTalayuki wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:33 pm
Standing entirely still her main response glancing toward Antipas waiting for their movements. "I will... NEVER.. be evil.. my Takeru... It's not possible.. harboring bloodlusting monster inside.. Survival.. mechanism.. *Her eyes open slowly.* I also.. wouldn't be mad.. I understand.. mission comes first.. Liability... I don't... Burden Antipas.. *She thinks as best she can to convey her feelings of sorrow and hatred of how her power works and how careless she was to be so badly injured.*
Luke had been gazing upon the perimeter of the fade, gaging the shifts as they happened. Timing the fades and the lapses between. He thought he might have even seen some places he recognized. What he couldn't figure out was how to keep the fades open longer than a few minutes.

He had heard nothing of the conversations even though Xander was recording the entire thing for feedback and review as was their personal SOP.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:13 pm

Yeah.. it hurts.. Antipas.. after this is over.. You can transfer me.. just came to help at his request...Bill Brasky.. I'm sorry.. I was trouble to you.. I never.. can make bonds well..too volatile.. If I survive.. *Trying to bring her body's rage levels down focusing on Antipas voice*

User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Cassiopeia » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:49 pm

Antipas wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:48 pm
He nods to assure her that everyone is fine and looks to the team. "Go on, we'll catch up shortly."
Cass turns like she's moving with the others, but lags behind. After only a couple steps she turns back to watch her cousin and the wolf. She stands with her thumbs hooked in her front pockets, maintaining her tired smile.

"Tell her I want to walk with her to the light because she's prettier than you." Cass grins and winks at Holly while she says it.

"Maybe that will make her laugh. You can also tell her I want to work on making a universal translator for her while we walk. Even if I can't build it here, we should be able to get the design ready for when we get out of this place."
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Techno Wizard
Pace: 6 Parry:6 Toughness: 6
Wounds: None
PPE: 11/20
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Right behind me, Master of Magic, Marks of Heritage
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:13 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:49 pm

"Tell her I want to walk with her to the light because she's prettier than you." Cass grins and winks at Holly while she says it.

"Maybe that will make her laugh. You can also tell her I want to work on making a universal translator for her while we walk. Even if I can't build it here, we should be able to get the design ready for when we get out of this place."
Just once can someone listen.. The thought is followed by laughter from the Keri in his memories There's some karma for you lover he imagines she would say. Probably good she did stay. Cass is better with people than me

Antipas translates his cousins words and follows it up with "You're not going to make any friends by pushing folks away when things get rough. Trust me, I'm an expert at not making friends."
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Alenysturathe » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:59 am

Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenysturathe wasn’t sure what the giant wolf was saying. It was just all growls to her, but Antipas got clear of his tail, and he started talking in the same growly language. The wolf seemed to be calming down, though, so Alenysturathe backed off a bit. When they finally started heading out, she shrank down to her human form again, but kept an eye on the wolf-girl.
Mission
Find Captain Claude
Code word: Pomegranate
***
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 5/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 2 eclips, 2 empty, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”