Night Terror’s Fade Town

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Night Terror’s Fade Town

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

It was immediately clear that this fade town or other dimension was no where near Shamlin. The people of Shamlin were nowhere to be seen and only a glowing white object or building beckoned in the encompassing darkness. The heroes easily enough found each other after a moment or two. The ground was like primordial black tarr and the sky was as if made up of infinite shadow. After about an hour @Alenysturathe and @HollyTalayuki felt sick to their stomaches as the lack of magic in this void started to give them migraines.
Holly and Al
plese make a vigor roll or take a level of fatigue.
The white object, it turned out, was far away. Xander beeped as Antipas’ lightning bird circled over head. It seemed the AI suit had an issue with such freedom. After two hours the building finally grew larger and Xander communicated with @Luke ”Luke... I am detecting something large... A palace of some kind. Reminiscent to the the type on Trullis IV. Scanners are detecting a reverse flow of energy... Its as if all the magic in this void is being drawn out and to this building.”

As the group approached this stark white building the object grew and grew larger and larger. The void the 77th found themselves in held no points of reference so the distance to and true height was hard to judge. The hours went by and finally the group arrived. A white palace the kind that appeared only in dreams or fairy tales beckoned, A gleaming path nestled on a bed of white grass way ran all the way to its open door. Suddenly the scene shifted momentarily to a ravaged Shamlin! Then you were thrust back into the darkness looking at a white bridge laid with white stone, that led to a white door of a gleaming white palace. @Wittsen Dolgon and @Jones the box you were given rattles slightly as you approach the white marbled stone path that led up to an ornate open door.

A dark haughty voice whispered from within the palace, ”Come in... Come in... Just in time for the wedding... Haha.” @Antipas clearly recognized Freddy’s voice, and @Cassiopeia had a sneaking suspicion that she might be the bride to be. @Tsume however saw everything quite different...
Back at Shamlin for a moment
Burnt out homes, bodies littered everywhere, fire’s and distant screaming roared across the town. Where the barn used to be the mighty glittyboy was no more, but heavy footprints indicate it traveled east. Instead at the earthen hole where the barn used to be a group of people are huddled around some kind of antennae array that is plugged into a nearby generator. Pender Lumkiss was next to a short stocky human that most would recogize as the mayor of Gloom and renowned TW Diamond Clad. The two were also joined by the four recruiters of the tomorrow legion: Slater, Frank, Hank, and Lail. The six people were working furiously on the control panels of the antenna array which decidedly had some reminiscent biowizard tech strapped to it. Pender Lumpkiss slapped Slater on the back and turned to where you all momentarily were watching this. Pender’s voice was full of concern and he yelled clearly able to see you for a moment, ”Find the source!! Find the source!”

Tsume Sight
Your vision was split in two, each eye seeing a different palace. The right eye, was a palace of white, and the left saw a dark building like some kind of dilapidated high rise of old earth. Long abandoned, falling apart, and if you could peg an emotion coming off it... Full of desire. Interestingly it too had a bridge, made of iron that led up to the shadow filled high rise, but at the bridge was a small path cut through earth and rock that seemed to take one beneath the building.
A reminder about the box Wittsen and Jones have
The box is made out of smooth metal and feels warm to the touch. It is fairly light giving one pause to think that there could be nothing inside the box and that it was perhaps more of a cage. A series of arcane glyphs magically protect the box from being opened even in a place seemingly devoid of magical energies. The three arcane sigils can be harnessed to open it by using an arcane skill and lock picking unless you know the correct combo.
Ok folks... What next?

Keep in mind magic or psionics are not usable at the moment. If you make any kind of interesting skill roll... PM me so I can follow up.
Attachments
EE2F3EB0-DFDF-4124-9BCF-C415F8674A76.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Alenysturathe

Re: Night Terror’s Fade Town

Post by Alenysturathe »

Vigor 9
-1 Wound
Vigor [dice:15axyy81]56437:0[/dice:15axyy81]
Wild [dice:15axyy81]56437:1[/dice:15axyy81]
Ace [dice:15axyy81]56437:2[/dice:15axyy81]
Natural Healing first hour 15; wound is healed
-1 Wound, (I assume I have medical attention from someone with Healing? at least at a +2?), +1 first aid kit
Vigor [dice:15axyy81]56437:3[/dice:15axyy81]
Ace [dice:15axyy81]56437:5[/dice:15axyy81]
Wild [dice:15axyy81]56437:4[/dice:15axyy81]
Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenys sank against one of the buildings in the darkness. She could feel the lack of magic here, and feel the hunger in her belly, something she wasn’t used to. She rallied, though, and rejoined the others, following them toward the white building. Along the way she sighed as she felt her injuries healing themselves.

Alenys stopped at the bridge with the others. “A wedding?” she asked curiously, looking around at the darkness. “This doesn’t look like a Disney movie,” she said nervously. “I didn’t bring a gift. You’re supposed to bring gifts to weddings, right? I’ve never been to one, so I don’t know what I’m supposed to do,” the teenager said.
Mission
Find Captain Claude
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 5/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 2 eclips, 2 empty, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Character Tracker
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Common Bond
Fear
I Know a Guy
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
Wittsen Dolgon

Post by Wittsen Dolgon »

OOC Comments
notice [dice:1uuzw7ja]56468:0[/dice:1uuzw7ja]
Wild [dice:1uuzw7ja]56468:1[/dice:1uuzw7ja]
Lockpicking [dice:1uuzw7ja]56468:2[/dice:1uuzw7ja]
Wild [dice:1uuzw7ja]56468:3[/dice:1uuzw7ja]
Ace [dice:1uuzw7ja]56468:4[/dice:1uuzw7ja]
Wittsen immediately regretted his choice to return into the darkened town. I can’t feel it! How is this possible that my connection to the Lay Lines has been terminated!? Alone for the first time without the source of his magic in what felt like forever Wittsen felt like a helpless child. This was a mistake! All is lost! His hands began to tremble at the thought of his imminent demise. Not like this not alone in the dark… please…

What’s this?” it took a minute for Wittsen to comprehend through the voices of terror echoing in his head that while he had been focused on his lost the box in his hand had begun to move of its own accord. His mind cleared and his eyes narrowed “Hello little friend! What are you?” His mind quickly sprang into action as he started to figure out the code to the lock mechanism, and at last the clear sign of victory at the very satisfying click of the lock opening. He was going to need all hands on deck

Wittsen let out a shout through his translator in hopes the 77th could hear him.

“77TH! I HAVE THE ANSWER TO OUR PROBLEMS PLEASE CONVERGE ON THE PALACE TO END THIS NIGHTMARE!”

To Jones: “Mr. Jones please take use to the palace.”
Last edited by Wittsen Dolgon on Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Parry: 2
Toughness: 8
Bennies: 2
PPE 20
Greater Armor +10 MDC round 2
Tsume

Post by Tsume »

Seeing the duality of the realm was a bit much for Tsume to handle so she went through her bag for anything she could find to make something.
survival 5
survival [dice:1dm7myyv]56472:0[/dice:1dm7myyv]
wild [dice:1dm7myyv]56472:1[/dice:1dm7myyv]
Using what she can find from her survival kit, she makes a makeshift eye patch and covers her right eye. Not sure she can trust it being the truth. Then she makes her way to the bridge.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Jones steers the hovercycle as directed.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Antipas »

After the long march thru the dark Antipas is eager to get on with killing Freddy and get their asses back on track when a vision appears.
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:11 pm Burnt out homes, bodies littered everywhere, fire’s and distant screaming roared across the town. Where the barn used to be the mighty glittyboy was no more, but heavy footprints indicate it traveled east. Instead at the earthen hole where the barn used to be a group of people are huddled around some kind of antennae array that is plugged into a nearby generator. Pender Lumkiss was next to a short stocky human that most would recogize as the mayor of Gloom and renowned TW Diamond Clad. The two were also joined by the four recruiters of the tomorrow legion: Slater, Frank, Hank, and Lail. The six people were working furiously on the control panels of the antenna array which decidedly had some reminiscent biowizard tech strapped to it. Pender Lumpkiss slapped Slater on the back and turned to where you all momentarily were watching this. Pender’s voice was full of concern and he yelled clearly able to see you for a moment, ”Find the source!! Find the source!”
"Oh good, you didn't die. And yeah, we'll keep doing that." Despite his tone the undead slayer is glad to see his fellow Atlantean safe and on the case in the material plane. Turning to the castle he looks it over then addresses the team, in particular the younger members. "This is probably not gonna be so simple as rush the hall and kill the monster. Trust nothing in there. Accept no gifts or deals from the Night Terror. Use light or Holy attacks if you have them."
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:11 pm I
A dark haughty voice whispered from within the palace, ”Come in... Come in... Just in time for the wedding... Haha.” @Antipas clearly recognized Freddy’s voice, and @Cassiopeia had a sneaking suspicion that she might be the bride to be. @Tsume however saw everything quite different...
Alenysturathe wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:11 am Alenys stopped at the bridge with the others. “A wedding?” she asked curiously, looking around at the darkness. “This doesn’t look like a Disney movie,” she said nervously. “I didn’t bring a gift. You’re supposed to bring gifts to weddings, right? I’ve never been to one, so I don’t know what I’m supposed to do,” the teenager said.
"I'm, guessing the bride will decline the offer Al." Smirking at @Cassiopeia as he says it. "So gifts are probably not appropriate." Keeping his eyes open Antipas begins crossing the bridge.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 6 Parry:7 Toughness: 25
Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue 0/3
PPE: 24/24
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Combat Edges: Martial Artist, Tattoo Harmony, Sweep,
Bennies: 3/3
Characters Imperator (main acc), Malavish, Antipas, Drexler
HollyTalayuki

Post by HollyTalayuki »

*Holly rubs her arm as she walks staying nearby Luke as they trudge towards the threat. She sees the vision but she dosen't manage to do much but give a soft smile as Antipas responds. Looking forward she listens to Antipas and the conversations* Well... I am only good with ice attacks or brute fotce... Light isn't my forte.. If I had more then the stuff I scronged up I would try improvising something... But this place even drains my powers to do that. *She yawns softly shaking her head from feeling a bit drained and her head having a bit of a migraine but she shakes her head free* Focused.. I think I'll manage to be fine in here for a bit.. But I'd rather not vacation here longer then needed. If anyone has an idea for me managing light attacks let me know. *She laughs softly* Or I may be stuck on the defensive line for us.

Vigor Roll
[dice:3t14zakt]57055:0[/dice:3t14zakt] Vigor
[dice:3t14zakt]57055:1[/dice:3t14zakt] Wild. ACED
[dice:3t14zakt]57055:2[/dice:3t14zakt] Total: 7
Alenysturathe

Post by Alenysturathe »

Fade Town
Afternoon
Round 0

“Oh,” Alenys replied to Antipas. She actually seemed to deflate with disappointment when told there wasn’t going to be a wedding. “I thought maybe I could be maid of honor or best man or something,” she said.

“I can’t do light or holy attacks. Just claws and teeth and fire. And my bow,” she said, pulling it off her back. “It shoots lightning.”
Mission
Find Captain Claude
Character Tracker
ISP: 1/10; PPE: 10/10
Anti-tank laser: 2 eclips, 2 empty, 1/shot
Common Bond
Fear
I Know a Guy
Character Tracker
Common Bond
Fear
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Luke shows obvious disappointment that he and Xander could not get the team out of the Fade Town, through scientific means. Having recharged all the physical/material weapons Luke ponders on @Antipas comment about Holy and Light based attacks.

"Maybe we should be trying a more strategic approach."

"I know 'Pas, you want to attack the damn thing, and I understand that. But what if we could attack its pride and capitalize on its arrogance."

"Get it to expose it's own weak points in the process."

With the arrival of @Wittsen Dolgon and @Jones, Luke ventures over to meet the newcomers and to see what all they have brought to the party.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
Cassiopeia

Post by Cassiopeia »

Alenysturathe wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:11 amAlenys stopped at the bridge with the others. “A wedding?” she asked curiously, looking around at the darkness. “This doesn’t look like a Disney movie,” she said nervously. “I didn’t bring a gift. You’re supposed to bring gifts to weddings, right? I’ve never been to one, so I don’t know what I’m supposed to do,” the teenager said.
Cass huffs a laugh. "Don't worry, Red. No one's getting married. This thing is just messing with us." Cass looks up at the swirling dark sky and whispers to herself. "I hope."
Alenysturathe wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:47 am“Oh,” Alenys replied to Antipas. She actually seemed to deflate with disappointment when told there wasn’t going to be a wedding. “I thought maybe I could be maid of honor or best man or something,” she said.

“I can’t do light or holy attacks. Just claws and teeth and fire. And my bow,” she said, pulling it off her back. “It shoots lightning.”
The older woman smiles softly at Alenysturathe's disappointment. She turns to look at Holly with the same soft expression. These women are so powerful, and yet there is so much of this world they haven't seen yet. It is such a unique pleasure to watch the way their minds work.

"I'd be honored to have you in my bridal party, Red, but not today." Cass claps Holly on the shoulder and throws a grin at Tsume's piratey eyepatch. "Well ladies, we'll have to watch each other's back. I'm afraid I'm not in any better position without the ability to magic up some sort of light attack." She flicks the fingers of her guantleted hand and watches the weak sputters of magic die as fast as she tries to summon them.
Luke wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:52 am"Maybe we should be trying a more strategic approach."

"I know 'Pas, you want to attack the damn thing, and I understand that. But what if we could attack its pride and capitalize on its arrogance."

With the arrival of @Wittsen Dolgon and @Jones, Luke ventures over to meet the newcomers and to see what all they have brought to the party.
Cocking her head in interest, Cass tries to think of what Luke might have in mind. She waits until he's made his introductions to the new men on the hoverbike and listens to catch their names.

When pleasantries have been exchanged, she pipes up. "What sort of idea did you have in mind, Luke?"
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Intel Operative

Pace: 6"; Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (5)

Bennies 2/3
3 bennies refill at 4/1/22
PP 6/20 PPE 7/7 Rifle ammo 44/60 Ion Pistol ammo 36/36

Edit Signature
HollyTalayuki

Post by HollyTalayuki »

*Holly lights up hearing Alenys statement* That's so awesome that you have fire! It's such a rare talent anywhere I've been.. Envious of that and your flying but I don't think I could handle that.. I'm me for a reason.. Being able to understand you is great too!. Now there's less growling. *She turns to Cass turning red again and smiling still remembering her compliment despite the rage predicament her mind was in. Showing a fidget in her arm and a glance of her ways her emotions of embarrassment and admiration for Cass show resulting from her thoughtful praise* Talayukians always protect their packs.. family and friends.. anyone were close to is vastly important to our own lives.. it's another reason most are pretty secluded on their friends and guarded.. I can't be like that though... *She smiles looking up to Cass* I'd love to be there when the time comes...I'm not sure how long I'll last out here but I'd love to see that. I've never been to one and don't really think I'll normally be invited let alone be in one. For our group.. my body is a shield if nothing else. If I can't attack I'll keep him away from all of you.. Takeru!. It may not be today but I vow you and Aleny make it to that day.. by my life. Allow my body to serve as your shield.. My new dear friends. *She glances at the new comers nodding* Though I haven't had the privilege to talk to you two yet.. Though talking to anyone is new to me... Antipas... Thank you for picking this up. Loving this right now so I'm not just talking through Luke. As far as alternate plans... I'll follow the plan as long as I'm taking the dangerous spots over others. *She smiles softly looking at Luke and his tech in awe still enjoying Xanders movements.* Going to hate losing this communicator though.. I'll take it off before engagement.. I can't risk it breaking and being in the dark again... I'll stash it to someone not using their body as a pin cushion.. I just hate seeing anyone else hurt if I can help it....
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The white palace is truly a magnificent inspiring castle. Gleaming white walls inlayed with gold and an ornate chandeler decorate the entry foyer. A waiting staff approached dressed in black pants, white tops and yellow shoes. The head staff member an aging bald man, smiles a perfect smile, ” Greetings... Just in time as the master says. I am Jeffery the cartaker...” He waves his hands to the large staff of 30 as they approach in timed unison, ” Please let us relieve you of your burdens, and make you comfortable. Master Fredrick will be down shortly for the wedding. Which one of you ladies is Cassiopeia his betrothed??” Jeffery points to a series of plush lounging sofas and a buffet of tasty food. Behind the butler Jeffery was a granstair case leading to a large red marbled door.
Notice -4, if you have danger sense it succeeds at notice -2. Just roll notice -4 and we will adjust accordingly.
the staff seems friendly enough as they approach, maybe too friendly with smiles plastered to their faces. An odd thing, when they walk it is more of a shuffle.
Another nice thing about this palace is that it would seem the flow of magic is normal here. Xander comms the team, ”It appears magic should function normally here, if you were drained of your psychic energy, it should be gin to restore at your normal rate. Its as if we are at the eye of the storm so to speak.”
Tsume click here
Tsume, your left eye just shows a dead building. A high rise decrepit and falling apart, a truly dark world. You saw a fearsome grizzly sight inside. A man in a dark cloak, sickly green gaunt skill bid you a sinister welcome. The most unnerving thing was perhaps the man’s horned skeletal face! His army of 30 some odd zombies began to shuffle forward. Their was a table piled with dead bodies each in a hiddous state of repair. Behind him up a wood rot ladder was another floor, you can barely see another man crying huddled arround one of those large 8ft teddy bears that had seen better days.

Please make a Fear check -2
0F135EFE-D6DC-45B7-906A-24378A70CB18.jpeg

Feel free to take a turn worth of actions, the swarm of attendants will be upon you in six seconds. While magic and psionics are working again, everyone has been drained to 0!
Attachments
Jeffery
Jeffery
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Antipas »

<<As we enter>>
Luke wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:52 am Luke shows obvious disappointment that he and Xander could not get the team out of the Fade Town, through scientific means. Having recharged all the physical/material weapons Luke ponders on @Antipas comment about Holy and Light based attacks.

"Maybe we should be trying a more strategic approach."

"If Wittsens do-dad is what we need then most of us will be on defense keeping him clear to do, whatever. And, yeah, with our energy reserves depleted trickery will probably be needed. But Tsume is blessed and many of us have lasers, so we're not without combat options." Antipas draws his laser pistol and offers it to Cassiopeia. "Not the best but hopefully may have some effect."
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:37 am The white palace is truly a magnificent inspiring castle. Gleaming white walls inlayed with gold and an ornate chandeler decorate the entry foyer. A waiting staff approached dressed in black pants, white tops and yellow shoes. The head staff member an aging bald man, smiles a perfect smile, ” Greetings... Just in time as the master says. I am Jeffery the cartaker...” He waves his hands to the large staff of 30 as they approach in timed unison, ” Please let us relieve you of your burdens, and make you comfortable. Master Fredrick will be down shortly for the wedding. Which one of you ladies is Cassiopeia his betrothed??” Jeffery points to a series of plush lounging sofas and a buffet of tasty food. Behind the butler Jeffery was a granstair case leading to a large red marbled door.
Notice -4, if you have danger sense it succeeds at notice -2. Just roll notice -4 and we will adjust accordingly.
the staff seems friendly enough as they approach, maybe too friendly with smiles plastered to their faces. An odd thing, when they walk it is more of a shuffle.
Another nice thing about this palace is that it would seem the flow of magic is normal here. Xander comms the team, ”It appears magic should function normally here, if you were drained of your psychic energy, it should be gin to restore at your normal rate. Its as if we are at the eye of the storm so to speak.”
Notice 8
Modifiers: -4 scene, +2 perceptive, Net -2
Notice [dice:2unat0ft]57208:0[/dice:2unat0ft] Benny for EE (with elan) [dice:2unat0ft]57208:2[/dice:2unat0ft]
Wild [dice:2unat0ft]57208:1[/dice:2unat0ft]
"Not that I should have to say this but there's something not right with them. @Luke what do you and Zander see?" He then looks with menace at the approaching staff. "If you assholes like having all your parts, stop right the fuck there." As if by magic a long black knife is suddenly in the Atlanteans hand.
Antipas
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Alenysturathe

Post by Alenysturathe »

Notice 0
-4 difficulty
Notice [dice:1zuj1muj]57219:0[/dice:1zuj1muj]
Wild [dice:1zuj1muj]57219:1[/dice:1zuj1muj]
Fade Town/Castle
Afternoon
Round 0

“Hello!” Alenys greeted Jeffrey in return. “She’s Cassiopeia,” she said, nodding her head toward Cass. Antipas seemed on edge, though, so the teen tensed, ready.

“What?” she hissed at him, feeling her muscles ripple in anticipation of changing forms. She didn’t see any danger. She stepped away from the others a bit to give herself some room.
Mission
Find Captain Claude
Character Tracker
ISP: 0/10; PPE: 0/10
Rifle: 20/20 shots
Anti-tank laser: 4 eclips, 0 empty, 1/shot
Common Bond
Fear
I Know a Guy
Character Tracker
Common Bond
Fear
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:
Cassiopeia

Post by Cassiopeia »

Antipas wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:31 pmAntipas draws his laser pistol and offers it to Cassiopeia. "Not the best but hopefully may have some effect."
Alenysturathe wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:44 am“Hello!” Alenys greeted Jeffrey in return. “She’s Cassiopeia,” she said, nodding her head toward Cass. Antipas seemed on edge, though, so the teen tensed, ready.
Cass takes the pistol from Antipas as they walk in and checks the charge automatically. She keeps it her hand, but lowers her arm to tuck it unobtrusively behind her leg. She walks a step behind him and positions herself near the dragon and wolf girls. Her dark eyebrows jump toward her hairline as Cass turns a startled look at Alenysturathe when she speaks. So much for subtlety!!” Then she chuckles and waves her left hand weakly at Jeffrey. ”Hi.”
Antipas wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:31 pm"Not that I should have to say this but there's something not right with them. @Luke what do you and Zander see?" He then looks with menace at the approaching staff. "If you assholes like having all your parts, stop right the fuck there." As if by magic a long black knife is suddenly in the Atlanteans hand.
Alenysturathe wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:44 am“What?” she hissed at him, feeling her muscles ripple in anticipation of changing forms. She didn’t see any danger. She stepped away from the others a bit to give herself some room.
Cass steps aside as well, not crowding Alenys or Holly, but moving back a step to keep herself out of the way of her teammates’ impending blades and bulks. She slides her pistoled hand to her hip, not daring to raise it just yet, and stretches out her left hand in an attempt to ward off the approaching servants.
Cass__

Bennies 2/3

Edit Signature
HollyTalayuki

Post by HollyTalayuki »

[dice:1lxhtgi6]57354:0[/dice:1lxhtgi6] Notice -4= -2
[dice:1lxhtgi6]57354:1[/dice:1lxhtgi6] Wild -4 = -3

*Holly instinctively looking at Antipas she sees his cause for alarm and considering this is an enemy castle she shrugs softly thinking to herself that whatever they are it's not good and Cass was not thrilled about this place. Holly takes a deep breath deciding as usual what she has to do smiling softly. (No one but me will be in any danger... Cass is important.) "Your taking me of course. *Acting a little somber about it to look like Aleny was trying to misdirect them if they noticed* Fact is I'm the best match for your boss.. isn't it obvious? (Making sure not to state she is Cass but leave the implication that she is) Although my friend comes along to help me get ready to meet my bethrothed. Only fair he helps right? " *She points at the guy who mentioned the box earlier understanding the basics of the plan, her thought of getting him close to deal with it although she wishes she could have carried it to not put others in danger thinking she will have to protect him if things go awry but she wasn't sure how to use it anyway* I'd really like my other friends to be nearby but we are guests here so you tell me what the aitenarary is and we can make a flexible plan were all happy with.. right?" (Holly thinks to herself that she may as well try the feely diplomat approach.. she kinda owes Antipas.. I hope it helps..) *Holly moves closer to be in front and in front of Cass and the group seeing how they react to her as she smiles warmly being quite honest with her offer and making sure nothing she said came off insincere since she often dealt in black market and thug deals where problems were noticed in the delivery and despite her lack of knowledge here she felt the sincere half truth was still advisable and since Aleny pointed at Cass she had to be convincing so it looked like it was her.*
Last edited by HollyTalayuki on Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Notice 2 _
Scene Modifier -4
[*] Notice (1d10) [dice:8hfnhtzq]57502:4[/dice:8hfnhtzq]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:8hfnhtzq]57502:0[/dice:8hfnhtzq]
Luke holds out a bit, not really caring to enter a building. They are or were in a Fade Zone. Who knows really what this place is.

Electronics 17 _
HJ +1
[*] Electronics (1d10) [dice:8hfnhtzq]57502:2[/dice:8hfnhtzq]
[*] Aced! Electronics (1d10+10) [dice:8hfnhtzq]57502:1[/dice:8hfnhtzq]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:8hfnhtzq]57502:3[/dice:8hfnhtzq]
Over team comms, "Please everyone tell me what you say. Even something remote will be worth the intel."
Luke _
Luke
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
Wittsen Dolgon

Post by Wittsen Dolgon »

OOC Comments
notice [dice:14ixomhm]57617:0[/dice:14ixomhm]
Wild [dice:14ixomhm]57617:1[/dice:14ixomhm]
Seeing the situation getting tense Wittsen steps back a bit.

Uhmmm.... I have a... gift for your master! On this momentous occasion it is only proper that I deliver it to him in person.
PPE 20
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The thirty attendants shuffle forward a bit too pleasant, and but too sincere. A red head one with a smile plastered on her face came for @Luke her hands were out stretched as if trying to draw him to her, ”Come... Come... Sit.. sit... Rest easy, the wedding is soon.”

A pair approached @Antipas. Both eboney, with white shiney smiles adorning their bald heads. They wore something like an old earth butlers uniform. They grinned wide as if trying to swallow the undead slayer. ”Please good sir, no weapons. Eat.. Eat!”

A throng each came for both @HollyTalayuki and @Alenysturathe as if sensing or drawn to their inherent magical nature. Almost in unision the masses of attendants offered comfort and suatance, ”Sit... Sit... Eat... Eat!”

One with a frown approached @Wittsen Dolgon with a hand outstretched. His brown eyes seemed more alive than the rest of the attendants. He had a floppy bakers hat on, ”I am Cornius, you have the cake topper no?” In this place of plastered perfection, his gnarled hands seemed out of place.

@Jones and @Tsume found themselves nearly surrounded. But both saw a single attendant go upstairs and one through a celler door downstairs.

@Cassiopeia found herself the object of Jeffery The Caretakers affection. He slide towards her as if barely touching the ground. He smiled flanked on each side with a female attendant both wearing the flowering gowns of brides mades. What was strange was Cassiopia felt she almost knew these women. Jeffery gleamed happy the bride was here at last, ”Ah the bride at last... Come come, Master Fredrick is upstairs, we must take you down stairs to get ready. A bad sign if he should see you first.” The two bride’s maids moved towards Cass.

What a womderful place to hold a wedding. The attendants were moments from touching the heroes of the 77th, and that is when a man stood who had been seated at the table. Pender Lumkiss, captain of the To orrow Legion and ally of the 77th. He was wielding a laser pistol in each hand. He burned a hole into two attendants and yelled, ”Defend yourselves! They are deceiving you! Soulless Xombies! Don’t let them touch you!”
Please roll your own initiative under these rules. The attendants go on a two of clubs as they are naturally slow. Lets do theater of the mind, and there at least 30 or so, plus a baker and caretaker.

Please roll 1d56 to represent 4 jokers, this means We will not waste time with rerolls on duplicates or reshuffling.
Lvl headed gets you another roll. Action happens as it is posted. Quick allows reroll on 1 through 20, Raise on Quickness allows reroll on 1 through 28. Every Card divisible by 4, except the Joker 56, is considered a club. 53-56 are jokers, they add +2 to trait rolls and damage(for the player that drew it or WC if a gm), and a benny to each player or wild card on that side.

Attendants: Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 9

Difficulty [dice:2xesyoev]57733:0[/dice:2xesyoev] Anyone attacking Jeffery make an agility roll vs [dice:2xesyoev]57733:2[/dice:2xesyoev] wild [dice:2xesyoev]57733:3[/dice:2xesyoev]
Difficulty [dice:2xesyoev]57733:1[/dice:2xesyoev] Anyone attacking Cornius the baker make an agility roll vs [dice:2xesyoev]57733:4[/dice:2xesyoev] wild [dice:2xesyoev]57733:5[/dice:2xesyoev]
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Antipas »

Initiative with Level Headed [dice:2s4jiknb]57734:0[/dice:2s4jiknb] [dice:2s4jiknb]57734:1[/dice:2s4jiknb]
Antipas
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Wittsen Dolgon

Post by Wittsen Dolgon »

Init [dice:3p5asy2i]57736:0[/dice:3p5asy2i]
PPE 20
HollyTalayuki

Post by HollyTalayuki »

[dice:1db4mq3q]57744:0[/dice:1db4mq3q] Initiative for Holly
Alenysturathe

Post by Alenysturathe »

Initiative for Alenysturathe [dice:1c62rr1j]57827:0[/dice:1c62rr1j]
Character Tracker
Common Bond
Fear
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Antipas »

Notice
Notice [dice:24u0a5fh]57996:0[/dice:24u0a5fh]
Wild [dice:24u0a5fh]57996:1[/dice:24u0a5fh]
With the Captains warning Antipas flows into action. Completely ignoring the two facing him he turns to intercept the "baker".
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:35 am Caught by surprise, One attendant fighting Antipas stumbles and runs into the other one on the undead slayer knocking both prone and inadvertently ending the glamour on the two attendants coming for the slayer. They are indeed shambling walking corpses.
counter attack on attendant A
Modifiers: -2 counter attack, +1 signature weapon, net -1. Defenders parry -2 from prone
Fighting [dice:24u0a5fh]57996:11[/dice:24u0a5fh]
Wild [dice:24u0a5fh]57996:12[/dice:24u0a5fh]
His attempt to catch a falling attendant with a backswing is poorly timed and goes just over the creatures head as it crashes to the ground. Clearly more fixated on the target menacing the D'norr mage, he stalks up from behind.
agility to attack baker
Agility [dice:24u0a5fh]57996:2[/dice:24u0a5fh]
Wild[dice:24u0a5fh]57996:3[/dice:24u0a5fh]
Stabby time! Damage 25 MD AP4
Fighting [dice:24u0a5fh]57996:4[/dice:24u0a5fh]
Wild [dice:24u0a5fh]57996:5[/dice:24u0a5fh]
Damage Strength [dice:24u0a5fh]57996:6[/dice:24u0a5fh] Weapon [dice:24u0a5fh]57996:7[/dice:24u0a5fh] Raise to hit [dice:24u0a5fh]57996:8[/dice:24u0a5fh] Ace [dice:24u0a5fh]57996:9[/dice:24u0a5fh] Ace [dice:24u0a5fh]57996:10[/dice:24u0a5fh]
"Fuck you and fuck your cake." The Atlantean mutters as his blade pierces the back of his targets head, twisting and stirring it around a bit before pushing the tip out of the undead chef's forehead.

The undead drops to the floor, leaving a large Atlantean standing in front of @Wittsen "Whittsen I presume, Antipas Komnenoes. The girls won't eat you, too skinny, just don't die before you can use that box, ok? " A slight twitch at the corner of his mouth indicates he might be joking, a little.

Then he moves with unnatural speed to within striking distance of Jeffery. "Hey shitbird, worry about your damn self" he growls, hoping to draw the undead butlers attention.
Last edited by Antipas on Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Antipas
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

SX 1 on Antipas [dice:1iybd2rv]57997:0[/dice:1iybd2rv]
SX 2 on antipas [dice:1iybd2rv]57997:1[/dice:1iybd2rv]

Caught by surprise, One attendant fighting Antipas stumbles and runs into the other one on the undead slayer knocking both prone and inadvertently ending the glamour on the two attendants coming for the slayer. They are indeed shambling walking corpses.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Alenysturathe

Post by Alenysturathe »

Cone of fire 5, opposed by Agility-2
-2 size
Shooting [dice:1391n9rb]58067:0[/dice:1391n9rb]
Wild [dice:1391n9rb]58067:1[/dice:1391n9rb]
Fire Breath Cone Damage 7, Raise 11 MD
[dice:1391n9rb]58067:2[/dice:1391n9rb]
Benny to reroll that damage [dice:1391n9rb]58067:4[/dice:1391n9rb]
If there's a Raise [dice:1391n9rb]58067:3[/dice:1391n9rb]
Character Tracker
Common Bond
Fear
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:
Alenysturathe

Post by Alenysturathe »

Fade Town/Castle
Afternoon
Round 0

Seeing the attendants coming toward her, Alenys transformed, turning into a large dragon. She roared in challenge.

OOC: Fear check?

Then Alenysturathe opened her maw, releasing a gout of hot dragonfire at the mass of xombies.
Mission
Find Captain Claude
Character Tracker
Bennies: 1/3
Common Bond
Fear
I Know a Guy
Character Tracker
Common Bond
Fear
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Luke does his best to avoid the attendants.

<Xander. Give me a read on these wedding guests. What are we dealing with?>

K/Science 8 _
Scholar: +2
[*] K/Science (1d10) [dice:1cxgnsow]58083:2[/dice:1cxgnsow]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:1cxgnsow]58083:1[/dice:1cxgnsow]
Over his PA, Luke addresses the entire gathering, "We aren't here for a wedding or any other function, other than to get the hell out of here."

" @Antipas, If this is our old friend Frank, the Night Terror. We need to finish him here and now."

Initiative (1d56) [dice:1cxgnsow]58083:0[/dice:1cxgnsow]
Luke _
Luke
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
Luke
Edit Signature
Cassiopeia

Post by Cassiopeia »

Initiative =[dice:3o86gx4j]58110:0[/dice:3o86gx4j]
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:00 pm@Cassiopeia found herself the object of Jeffery The Caretakers affection. He slides towards her as if barely touching the ground. He smiled flanked on each side with a female attendant both wearing the flowering gowns of bridesmaids. What was strange was Cassiopia felt she almost knew these women. Jeffery gleamed happy the bride was here at last, ”Ah the bride at last... Come come, Master Fredrick is upstairs, we must take you down stairs to get ready. A bad sign if he should see you first.” The two bridesmaids moved towards Cass.
Cass raises the pistol and takes aim at the super creepy Jeffery. Her other hand is still outstretched beside the gun. “Whoa, hey. Stop right there folks! Back!”
She swings the pistol back and forth between the bridesmaids and butler. “I really don’t want to be rude, but I’m not going anywhere. Master Fred has got the wrong idea!”
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:00 pmThe attendants were moments from touching the heroes of the 77th, and that is when a man stood who had been seated at the table. Pender Lumkiss, captain of the To orrow Legion and ally of the 77th. He was wielding a laser pistol in each hand. He burned a hole into two attendants and yelled, ”Defend yourselves! They are deceiving you! Soulless Xombies! Don’t let them touch you!”
Agility vs Jeffrey’s 10 - [dice:3o86gx4j]58110:1[/dice:3o86gx4j] Wild -[dice:3o86gx4j]58110:2[/dice:3o86gx4j]

As the other shots ring out, the Atlantean swings the pistol to take a bead on Jeffrey's head, but it's too late. The butler is at her arm and something flashes on her outstretched left hand. Cass loses a second staring at the ring that appeared on her third finger. The heavy band isn't like any she's ever seen before. It's deep green and it could be made of stone or an unknown metal. Set in the middle is a large, square cut, blood-red stone.

She sucks in a deep breath and pulls the trigger on Jeffrey at point blank range.
Shooting - [dice:3o86gx4j]58110:3[/dice:3o86gx4j] Wild - [dice:3o86gx4j]58110:4[/dice:3o86gx4j]
TW in combat situation gets +1 with mechanical device. Shooting=3+1=4 success?
Cass__

Bennies 2/3

Edit Signature
Wittsen Dolgon

Post by Wittsen Dolgon »

Seeing as negotiations have failed, all of his magic gone. Wittsen stepped courageously behind one of the super beast. I just wanted to talk!!! Suddenly as if a reminder the box started shaking again. Oh hello.. Guess now is as any to see what you've got hidden away. Wittsen gently opens the box.
PPE 20
Tsume

Post by Tsume »

Fear Check 2, failed
spirit [dice:f7rafnsg]58269:0[/dice:f7rafnsg]
wild [dice:f7rafnsg]58269:2[/dice:f7rafnsg]
Fright Table 19
[dice:f7rafnsg]58269:1[/dice:f7rafnsg]
The Mark of Fear: The hero is Shaken and also suffers some cosmetic physical alteration—a white streak forms in the hero’s hair, his eyes twitch constantly, or some other minor physical alteration. This reduces his Charisma by 1.
Unshake 13
Spirit [dice:f7rafnsg]58269:3[/dice:f7rafnsg]
Wild [dice:f7rafnsg]58269:4[/dice:f7rafnsg]
Wild Ace [dice:f7rafnsg]58269:5[/dice:f7rafnsg]
Double Wild Ace [dice:f7rafnsg]58269:6[/dice:f7rafnsg]
Tsume has a look of terror on her face as she is greeted by Jeffery the caretaker and the staff come stumbling forward. So much so that a streak of her hair turns white. She manages to recover but has found herself surrounded.

Initiative [dice:f7rafnsg]58269:7[/dice:f7rafnsg]

Tsume starts to chant in the weird cat tongue but nothing seems to be happening as she is depleted of the magical energies needed to activate it.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Adventure Cards:
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The baker droped one knee his face contorted in agony by the blow of the undead slayer. He spat at @Antipas as he walked to Jeffery, ”Haha... Undead Slayer... We have met... This is the face you tried to kill...” As if by a mirage the baker’s pudgy face morphed into a frozen horror that antipas had not seen since his final moments on Nah-Gora.

The attendants seem to pay no heed to the dragon fear exuded by @Alenysturathe but several perish in the blaze that the flame-wind bellowed. As the flame rolled over the attendants it was as if the magical fire burned away the utopian air of those it touched leaving wretched creatures of abject horror: walking human corpses.

Xander responds to @Luke, ” The interference has stopped now that we are inside the palace. I have been running continuous scans. One moment, processing... Processing... Processing... I am having a difficult time reconciling the visual images of the so called wedding with the massive amounts of decay and dark energy that the scanners are picking up. The only point of reference are the graveyards on Nxla Prime.”

The shot from @Cassiopeia’s pistol rings true and hits Jeffery squarely but not before he had a chance to smile wide at her and snap his fingers. He went down from the searing blast and when he rose his head was a sickly skeleton with large horns. His voice was the same sickly sweet voice it had been, like someone trying way too hard to be frindly, ”Cassipia... Tsk tsk... Tsk... That is not how we want to begin this time. Ten years ago we were this close... To release Nxla...” His fingers were an inch apart dramatizing his words. ”But then, your father and those time traveling medlers... Grrr... Weddings are so hard... Time travel wankers... Wha... No... The box!”
The ring burns
Cassiopia cannot remove the ring.
The zombie attendants lunged for @Tsume as their head butler recoiled from something near being opened. Suddenly the attendants, zombie and their two leaders gasp and howled in pain as @Wittsen Dolgon unleashed the box. As soon as it was opened a torrential wind swept through the halls of the palace nearly picking everyone up in a great funnel. Captain Lumpkiss shot another attendant with a laser blast, ”That’s it Wittsen give them their doom... Haha, the Box of Pandora?” Above from the second floor the great door opened, a young boy stepped out. He was maybe 12 of age pale faced scrawny and more than a little scared. His little blue eyes were red from crying.

Wittsen could feel something from the box pulling from him and then it extended to the rest of the team as they were swept into the mega tornado. The wind swept everything into its torrential vortex. Whatever power was holding the illusion of splendor over the palace dropped showing what a horror show the 77th had stepped into. Zombies, corpse walkers, and skeleton neophytes were what replaced the smiling attendants. The palace was little more than a large broken ruin four stories of decaying rubble. Even the zombies were swpted up with the heroes. The members of the 77th could feel something from the box call to them as if being from its domain ment they and they alone could exert some level of control. Too soon even the little boy up on the second level was culled into the tornado of death and capture. He wailed, ”Its me... Fred... I I AM Sorry!!”
Tsume
Despite your magic failing you here you could see that the boy was untouched by such an evil place. Admisdt the horror and destruction, he was a shinning angel.

A voice inside your mind seeths as if your own and not, Nxla... She is my enemy, they are her servants. Release Three! Release me!
You can release Three and write a post from her perspective: +2 to on all rolls.
The horrific buttler Jeffery screamed, ”No! We will not be sucked into that vortex... Again, Nxla save us! His scream was soon drowned in the gusting vortex. As the wind carried the team, their enemies, and what broken furniture and refuse their laid about around the dilapidated hall the power from the box called both to control and capture. It pulled within the mind leaving no doubt the mindless zombies would be easily captured but the wounded baker and the grotesque head buttler Jeffery might have half a chance to escape unless something dramatic was done. What of the little boy Fred, could it be the good part of his soul had somehow survived?
Notice -2
Pender Lumkiss seemed ok, he managed to grab onto some steel rebarb in the upper level, he seemed poised to leap into the whirlwind in case someone got sucked into the trap box and save them.

Sadly we don’t even make it to the end of combat! +1 benny to Wittsen for the quick thinking.

Step 1: Everyone make an agility or str roll at -2 or take a level of fatigue as the ensuing tornado picks you up and knocks you arround.
Step 2: everyone make a spirit roll at -2 as you resist going in to the trap box, and instead help control it.
  • Heroic Savior: You can forgo your own safty and save someone else. Roll a d6, odd you are sucked into the trap box, even you harrowingly escape a dooming fate. Note: you will forever be changed if you survive.
  • Bad Ass: forgo your own safty to ensure either the baker or Jeffery gets into the box. Roll a d6, odd you are sucked into the trap box, even you harrowingly escape a dooming fate. Note: you will forever be changed survive.
Step 3: craft your narative using your roll results as guidance.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Antipas »

Box of awesome die rolls
Notice [dice:3quueowp]58286:0[/dice:3quueowp] wild [dice:3quueowp]58286:1[/dice:3quueowp]
Strength [dice:3quueowp]58286:2[/dice:3quueowp] Wild [dice:3quueowp]58286:3[/dice:3quueowp] Ace [dice:3quueowp]58286:7[/dice:3quueowp] Ace [dice:3quueowp]58286:9[/dice:3quueowp]
Spirit [dice:3quueowp]58286:4[/dice:3quueowp] Wild [dice:3quueowp]58286:5[/dice:3quueowp] Ace [dice:3quueowp]58286:8[/dice:3quueowp]
Bad Ass [dice:3quueowp]58286:6[/dice:3quueowp]
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:12 pm The baker droped one knee his face contorted in agony by the blow of the undead slayer. He spat at Antipas as he walked to Jeffery, ”Haha... Undead Slayer... We have met... This is the face you tried to kill...” As if by a mirage the baker’s pudgy face morphed into a frozen horror that antipas had not seen since his final moments on Nah-Gora.
Turning at the tone of familiarity in the beings voice Antipas' face is a mask of shock and then unbridled hatred. The transformation continues as the Atlantean stands dumbstruck, leaving the former baker transformed into it's original shape.
Young Splugorth.png

A single word escapes his clenched jaw. "Glubragghar.."Even as his face is in shock, his body is instinctively preparing to pounce but before he can fling himself at his hated foe all hell breaks loose from Wittsen's box. The whirlwind whipping debris and team mates around the room seems to barely phase the undead slayer aside from whipping the tail of his coat madly about him. Fixated on his target as it whirls around, he sprints across the hall and springs off an airborn table to slam into the fragment of the former splugorth intelligence. "Fuck.. You.. You...Fucking.. Fuck!! I'll fucking kill you by hand this time!" With every word either a tentacle goes whirling away or his blade slashes at the thing.

Between being thrown about like a rag doll and a berserk Atlantean the former alien lord is at a loss to get it's bearings. The few counter attacks it does manage to connect with lack leverage to do much. It seems as though Antipas might just battle his foe all the way into the box and be trapped with it when he pulls the big bore shotgun from his back. Putting the barrels to the splugorths central eye, he pulls the triggers while pushing off. The recoil, plus his own momentum breaks him free of the beings grasp and sends him rolling across the floor.
Antipas
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Something alerted Luke in the present and in the future he would not be able to recall what that warning had been. He looked up through the macabre scene to see @Wittsen Dolgon holding a box. Not being an intense student of the arcane and occult, it would be fair to say that seconds past as his mind reasoned out the details.

It is amazing what filters out into the Megaverse. Earth, a non-descript planet where magic seems to have converged once more. There were rumors in the Three Galaxies of an odd box. Said to be several hundreds of hundreds of years old, the box held the spirit of an Earth woman torn between a myraid of choices.

These choices weighed so heavily upon her that it shifted the course of life on the planet Earth. The only way to save the planet was to place the woman and her choices into a box and seal it away. Pure fiction till now, thought Luke.

Wittsen opened the box and Xander's warnings and alarms began going off. The box was creating a vortex and sucking everything into it. What ever power was inside could not leave the box but it did everything it could to affect the world around it.
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:12 pm The horrific buttler Jeffery screamed, ”No! We will not be sucked into that vortex... Again, Nxla save us! His scream was soon drowned in the gusting vortex. As the wind carried the team, their enemies, and what broken furniture and refuse their laid about around the dilapidated hall the power from the box called both to control and capture. It pulled within the mind leaving no doubt the mindless zombies would be easily captured but the wounded baker and the grotesque head buttler Jeffery might have half a chance to escape unless something dramatic was done. What of the little boy Fred, could it be the good part of his soul had somehow survived?
Step 1, Agility 7 _
Scene Modifier: -2
[*] Agility (1d8) [dice:3gmqsii7]58367:2[/dice:3gmqsii7]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:3gmqsii7]58367:3[/dice:3gmqsii7]
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) [dice:3gmqsii7]58367:9[/dice:3gmqsii7]
Luke/Xander stood motionless as the scene before them began tearing apart. The effort to remain still was not mental but purely physical. The strain wore on both Luke and Xander. Luke experiencing this kind of fatigue only when Xander was not around to support him. Xander struggled in a way that all mechanical things do when they are not properly serviced and repaired.

Neither of them cared for the feeling. <<Luke takes the fatigue. Xander may suffer technical difficulties.>>

The box was sparking and arcing and whistling and singing. Voices could be heard eminating from it as well. The light show was something else. Luke stood and stared as anything that could not with stand the vortex was getting picked up and sucked in to the box. Size and weight and shape mattered very little as it seemed the box could handle everything in the Fade Town and more.

Notice 4 _
[*] Notice (1d10) [dice:3gmqsii7]58367:0[/dice:3gmqsii7]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:3gmqsii7]58367:1[/dice:3gmqsii7]

Near the edge of the box Luke notices a figure @Pender Lumkiss standing, actually bracing himself to the side, possibly leaning against it. Luke shouts over the cacophany of the rising storm, his PA system suddenly finding an extra hundred decibels.

"Listen up 77th. The box Wittsen opened will swallow everything. Grab a team member and hold on tight. If you come up with an idea how to close it down, let us know."

Step 2, Spirit 4 _
[*] Spirit (1d8) [dice:3gmqsii7]58367:4[/dice:3gmqsii7]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:3gmqsii7]58367:5[/dice:3gmqsii7]

<Xander. Would a cosmic entity be sufficient to close down the box?>

Deadly Cocktail _
Impulsive! Hindrance
Brave Edge
Heroic Savior
[*] Fates (1d6) [dice:3gmqsii7]58367:6[/dice:3gmqsii7]
The fatigue and technical difficulties do not inhibit Luke/Xander much but it does put them closer to the box than any of the other team members. They stand there dodging and evading the refuse and decay being drug into the box. Should a team member find themselves struggling with powers of the box, Luke steps in the way of the teammates, handing them off to Captain Pender as he himself heads into the box in their place.

Intro Jane Doe
As Luke is drawn into Pandora's Box, he experiences a series of memory flashes.
Memory One wrote:Luke had been on Earth for a few months. Tracking Antipas had been challenging but outrunning the Splurgoth had been Luke's primary concern. It would seem that the servants of the fallen god, Nxla were intent to have the artifact back that he had managed to steal.

Personally. There was no need for Luke to have it.
In a Galactic perspective. Anyone other than the Splurgoth servants of Nxla should be doing anything they could to destroy the cursed relic.

The Servants of Nxla were tracking him and doing a good job. Luke/Xander were doing well but could have been doing better. Xander needed some TLC and Luke had not had the time.
Memory Two wrote: Luke had no arcane or occult background and was uncertain of how to hide the relic's signature. Having placed himself in a wide open valley with several escape routes, he had relinquished his two day lead on the Nxla hounds to give Xander the attention he needed.

Security in place. Luke had Xander powered down and was tinkering and doing his sciency things. Repairs were moving along nicely. New mods here a few tweaks there. In the space of a few hours Xander was upgraded, updated, and ready to be off. Luke was so fatigued by this point that he needed to actually rest.

So Luke had Xander powered up and was fully incharge of security, while Luke had taken a nap.
Memory Three wrote: Luke awoke to a knife blade being flashed before his eyes. A bald blind Altarran tracker was kneeling on his chest with a vibroblade poised to gouge out his eyes.

"Where is the Relic of Nxla?" she asked ever so sweetly.

For an Altarran, this one had gotten more than her fair share of the beauty genes. Even bald and blind, she was stunning. Luke tried to focus on the situation at hand.

Grasping for air and suffocating under the weight of the Nxla hound, Luke could not speak, but his fingers on his right hand found the storage container on his belt. Touching the container activated the extraction protocols as Xander quickly assumed Luke's defensive shell.

Being fully armored allowed Luke to throw off the Altarran woman. The force of the throw sent her sailing into a rocky hillside where she was knocked out and partially buried.

That was when the Tomorrow Legion had arrived and Luke had insisted on taking the Altarran warrior with them instead of leaving her behind.
Memory Four wrote: Before leaving Castle Refuge with the 77th, Luke had made a stop by the observation/containment cell, where the Altarran woman lay in a coma.

Three years she had been like this and the medical staff had given her the name "Jane Doe". Luke was leaving once more and placed his gnarled hand on her's and still got no response.

Luke had taken the liberty of performing a few surgeries on the woman. Her bald head was no covered with a fine mantel of platninum blonde hair and her blank eyes he had installed real eyes, though the nerves were missing to make them fully functional. Slate blue eyes would no stare at him when he checked up on her.
As Luke went into the box, Jane Doe who had been in a coma for over three years, suddenly awoke. Remembering very little of anything, she just layed in the bed staring sightlessly up at the ceiling.
Luke _
Luke
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
Luke
Edit Signature
Alenysturathe

Post by Alenysturathe »

Notice 3
-2 difficulty
Notice [dice:32unfv3u]58414:0[/dice:32unfv3u]
Wild [dice:32unfv3u]58414:1[/dice:32unfv3u]
Strength 7
-2 difficulty
Strength[dice:32unfv3u]58414:2[/dice:32unfv3u]
Wild [dice:32unfv3u]58414:3[/dice:32unfv3u]
Spirit 3; fail
-2 difficulty
Spirit [dice:32unfv3u]58414:4[/dice:32unfv3u]
Wild [dice:32unfv3u]58414:5[/dice:32unfv3u]
Benny to reroll
Spirit [dice:32unfv3u]58414:6[/dice:32unfv3u]
Wild [dice:32unfv3u]58414:7[/dice:32unfv3u]
Well, might as well go with the Heroic Savior option since I failed the Spirit roll. If everyone is saved, she'll go with the Badass option.
[dice:32unfv3u]58414:8[/dice:32unfv3u] Even, so I survive.
Fade Town/Castle
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenysturathe dug her claws into the floor. It kept her from being hurled into the air by the vortex, but she felt the box tugging at her spirit. She extended her tail and wings, trying to give her friends something to grab onto to save them, or to buffet the zombies from their handholds and into the box as she felt herself slipping away.
Mission
Find Captain Claude
Character Tracker
Bennies: 0/3
Common Bond
Fear
I Know a Guy
Character Tracker
Common Bond
Fear
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:
Cassiopeia

Post by Cassiopeia »

Dice Dice Baby
I'm a space cadet and posted my response on my character sheet board instead of here. *facepalm* I screenshotted them. And really, if I were going to cheat my dice rolls, these are not the rolls I'd generate! :D
Screenshot_20190924_205448.jpg
Cass struggles to pull away from the grotesque figure emerging from the ruins of his human facade.
Nxla? Ten years ago? Father? She’s so frustrated and confused she doesn’t even know how to respond. Her first impulse is to drop the gun and pull her Atlantean sword from her tattoo. Before she can get farther than imaginine seperating his skeletal head from his body, though, the ring on her left hand blazes. She screams, first in surprise, then pain as the searing continues. Cass yanks at the ring and finger to no avail. The ring will not come off!

As the winds from the box begin to pull on her body, Cass scrambles back again, further from the sliding skeletons and zombies. She grabs onto a railing with her ringed hand, wrapping one foot around the base as well. From her angle she can see a man on the upper balcony readying himself to jump. The pain from the ring sears through her skin and she closes her eyes against the pain and the wind. She can hear people crying out and things sliding by, bodies, furniture, but she can't. She can't make her limbs move. She is too wrapped up in her own pain and confusion to do more than hold on tight to the railing and try not to scream.
Cass__

Bennies 2/3

Edit Signature
Wittsen Dolgon

Post by Wittsen Dolgon »

OOC Comments
notice [dice:1spmp5f1]58488:0[/dice:1spmp5f1]
wild [dice:1spmp5f1]58488:1[/dice:1spmp5f1]
Step 1 [dice:1spmp5f1]58488:2[/dice:1spmp5f1]
Ace [dice:1spmp5f1]58488:4[/dice:1spmp5f1]
Ace again [dice:1spmp5f1]58488:5[/dice:1spmp5f1]
Seriously ACE X3 [dice:1spmp5f1]58488:6[/dice:1spmp5f1]
WTF!!! [dice:1spmp5f1]58488:7[/dice:1spmp5f1]
wild [dice:1spmp5f1]1d6-2[dice]
step 2 [dice]1d8-2[/dice:1spmp5f1]
wild [dice:1spmp5f1]58488:3[/dice:1spmp5f1]
Step 2 don't know what happened [dice:1spmp5f1]58488:8[/dice:1spmp5f1]
wild [dice:1spmp5f1]58488:9[/dice:1spmp5f1]
wild ace [dice:1spmp5f1]58488:10[/dice:1spmp5f1]
Wittsen crackled madly as the huge rush of magical energy engulfed him. He would not allow the power to control him, he was the one in control. All reality faded outside of him and this box as the power surged creating a storm around him the likes he had never felt before. He could feel the pull of the box promising him sweet destruction into nothingness, but still he would not be moved. He could hear the others call out but it was like a distant dream of somewhere he forgot. Him and the box, and he thought he just figured out how to close it.
PPE 20
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

OOC Comments
Agility [dice:1oajakca]58502:0[/dice:1oajakca]
Wild Die [dice:1oajakca]58502:1[/dice:1oajakca]

Spirit [dice:1oajakca]58502:2[/dice:1oajakca]
Wild Die [dice:1oajakca]58502:3[/dice:1oajakca]

Bad Ass [dice:1oajakca]58502:4[/dice:1oajakca]
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The Vortex Sucks!
The tenticled baker Gurg, for short gurggled his last scream as he was sucked into the box no less by @Antipas’s hand. Gerald the head attended gave a creepy skull smile at @Wittsen Dolgon as he seethed, ”Noooooooo!”. He had a short slender smile full of hate, almost as if telling the wizard I’ll be back, and your nightmares will never be the same. Then slurp, Gerald was sucked into the box Wittsen held. @Cassiopeia felt the impending doom of the vortex take hold of her threatening to suck her in. In that terrifying moment a memory of life before cryogenic stasis surfaced.
Cassiopia’s Vision
The image of her father looking down at her younger self flooded her mind. He was a gentle man full of electric zeal. His words were soft, ”Friends? Oh yes Cass, you will need friends. This world is far too rugged to go solo. Play nice with the other children ok? Make a few friends.”
Dragon claw and mettle gauntlet caught her at the last minute pulling her to the safety of the rotted mettal palace. Oh yes the glamor that was the infinite white palace had been broken. A dilapidated building falling apart and rotten complete with torn curtains and broken windows now greeted the heroes. In the center of the sad building was the vortex full of hurricane wimds drawing enemy and ally alike into it.

Hanging on to a steel railing Captain Lumkiss looked down at his watch and tapped a button on it. He grinned at the team as the wind swept his hair and threatened to pull him in, ”Hang on! 3 more seconds and Diamond Clad will will pull us back!” It was now in this gale vortex that he pulled his jacket tight, ”Bundle up, its cold...”

One-two-three. The last thing the group saw before they came back to Shamlin was the frightened look of a pale black haired boy as he was sucked in to the box Wittsen held... ”S-Sorr-“

Welcome back to Shamlin
First thing first, it was cold... Snow covered the cars of Shamlin. Strangely it looked more like the graveyard of old earth than a place people called home. It was as if something had blasted it to peices and then come back and finished the job. Cars were blackened from being burnt or exploded. A quick look around revealed more than a few bodies decomposed and frozen beneath a heavy layer of snow. Nearby a short stocky man with a grey beard wearing a dark grey parka was at portable computer that was connected to a large silver box with a variety of technowizard crystals. In the center of the box nestled tightly in it was a silver sphere the size of baseball.

Pender Lumpkiss shook his head briefly and walked to the stocky man grasping his hand in friendship, ”Thanks Diamond for not giving up. Where did you get the infinity sphere anyways?”

Diamond looked at Pender shaking his hand then rubbing his own for warmth. By the snow on his jacket he had been out in the elements for sometime. His eyes grew wide when they caught sight of @Alenysturathe ”Wow... A dragon. Fine scales flamewind.” He bowed slightly in reverence and nodded to Pender. ”Think nothing of it. You legionaires have helped me and my city Gloom to no end. Least of all I could aid you my boy. As for the sphere. A wonderful peice of tech that has no bounds. Almost anything is possible with it in hand, fade town closures, time travel, heck you could teleport into Chitown if you had enough knowhow. Lets just say a woman named Delaria is going to be really really surprised.” He chuckled slightly and muttered, ”Eh and more than pissed. I am glad she is in another galaxy.”

Pender and Diamond looked at the heroes who had made it back. Pender smiled sheepishly and tugged on his jacket for warmth, ”Welcome back team... I got to say your mission has not gone to plan. It has been two months after you disappeared into the Chaotic fade town. After you disappeared we and some others had tried to find a way to bring you back. We theorized time might be passing differently where you were. Minutes might be days or weeks.” He paused thinking for a moment, ”Shamlin has seen some bad days. After you disappeared something happened to a few dozen people. A darkness swept over them dissolving their bodies. Then the CS came back with a vengence, and despite...” The captain’s face darked and Diamond put a hand on his shoulder. Lumpkiss shook it off frustrated, ”Despite the paltry efforts of the Legion and Dweomer the CS destroyed everything this town was. Its a grave yard for automobiles and people now. I couldn’t stop them... I am sorry.” Pender Lumpkiss gazed out into the snowy town with a frown on his face. Something had changed about him, he seemed hard and no longer the bumbling fool. ”Gods if I could change things... Ultimately we couldn’t bring you back... Until now.”

Pender stopped talking letting the words sink in. Diamond tried an uncomfortable smile and continued, ”Aye, We got a hold of the infinity sphere, it let us do what we needed.” He glanced at Wittsen and nodded, ”A pandora’s box. Nice, looks like it helped eh? I can take it back to gloom if you like and store it for save keeping in the black vault if you like... Although, supernatural evils are attracted to those boxes light a bug to a bright light... I uh...” Diamond Clad fumbled his words at the end unsure if he could ask for help.

Pender chimed in finding his voice once more, ” I am not sure we can really ask you for much more. The way I see it, you can come back with us to the Castle, and to Gloom if you like. Seems that pandora’s box could use protecting, and I am not sure if the Legion will be in the mood to asist me or us. I might have disobeyed orders to stick around this long to get you back.” Lumpkiss smiled sheepishly, “I took it personal when they pulled the plug on our operation here. We had been trying to recover you for over a month. Stargazer said she could not see a future where you returned, and that was it...” He paused again slightly uncomfortable, ”Anyways, the important thing is Diamond Clad, answered my call and helped me finish the mission... Speaking of missions, Captain Claude is about 100 miles east in between the federation of magic and the Shemarian Nation setting up his third communication relay. We never did find the assassin.... Odds are he or she or for fucks sake it is still around... Or... We were recently contacted by a cyber knight named Mcgregor... Lord Coake mentioned he had gone missing, but it seems he has a bead on where Llyboc’s base of operations is.” Pender looked out into the snow fields of Shamlin and sneered, ”I would love some payback. It might be a trap, we have tried to get Mcgregor back on the radio, but no dice. Last thing he said was he was at Echo Base some place up north in the Erie Lake, he mentioned seeing an old plackard with CP on it and a flag... My money is the old United States Military base, Camp Perry. Probably a few hundred miles trek.”

Lumpkiss looked at the team as a light snow started to fall, ”We got a couple of vans, running off diesel... Look, I am not going to order you to do anything, but what do you want to do now? You could just call it quits if you like, take a van and disappear or just go back to the Castle. No one would blame you. Jones, Wittsen thank you for bringing the team back.” Pender shook Jones and Wittsens hands thankful they lived up to their end of whatever deal they had struck. Diamond clad started to pack up his equipment. He put the infinity sphere into a box made of black stone. The two packed up their gear and began to haul it to one of the nearby vans. A keen ear could hear Diamond Clad mentioning to Pender he wished he could use the sphere to undo it all. The noon day sun shown down waiting for a course to be set.
Who the fuck is Diamond Clad
Common kn roll here... He is the mayor of a town Three days south of castle refuge. He is a master technowizard famed for creating magical vaults. A great battle occurred in the city of gloom where an army of heroes, led by a german techno band called Dres Marbles Left, fought a shifter named Geist and her horde of undead. Heroes won.
Pender the fuck who?
Pender Lumpkiss is a captain in the tomorrow legion. His current assignments are the handler for the 13th SET. He was also nearly killed by an assassin during the 77th’s first briefing.
What the fuck is an infinity Sphere
More or less a mcguffin of extreme power. Also an easter egg for anyone in Mike’s Phase World game. Feel free to make up a bit about the infinity sphere yourself. Maybe tell a rumor you have heard about such a thing. +1 benny for it.

So we are at the super fun fp moment where a course must be set. I laid 4 options.
-Head to Claude and find the assassin
-Go with Pender and Diamond to protect the Pandora’s box
-Go after Llyboc
-Take a van and ride off into the bleak sunset.
(Not so secret path... I laid enough clue by 4s for another option)

Rp for a bit (week and half), and then lets figure where we want to go. This direction will be the course for out last quad. Thanks you.
Attachments
E5B723C5-07CD-4AE1-AB23-6A4FA99447C4.jpeg
7A2DFD28-9BA1-48D5-AF18-4D565C5E49D0.jpeg
7A2DFD28-9BA1-48D5-AF18-4D565C5E49D0.jpeg (46.4 KiB) Viewed 28751 times
BEB8EB01-FE1B-4070-B770-1228B2701DA9.jpeg
BEB8EB01-FE1B-4070-B770-1228B2701DA9.jpeg (41.19 KiB) Viewed 28751 times
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Luke

Post by Luke »

Luke is not at all surprised by the sudden arrival back to the current Rifts Earth.

He looks over the former town of Shamlin and if he had tear ducts and they still worked he would have cried. Desolation. Curse the forge.

Nodding his thanks to @Pender Lumkiss Diamond Clad, Luke felt that his and Diamond's reunion would need to be at another time.

"Diamond, just tell me that you you did not collaborate @Dorian Falstaff in making that device to bring us back. At one time it was rumored that he had his hands on an infinty sphere. Then whatever he used it with and the sphere, just vanished."

Letting the snow melt on his gently heated frame, Luke looked at all those from the 77th. Without out looking to Captain Lumkiss, "Is there any certainty about what Claude is upto?"

"I am past the point of being concerned for his well being and almost certain he staged everything. My inclination is to kill the man before he finishes his attempts bring the second apocalypse to North America."
Luke _
Luke
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
Luke
Edit Signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Xander for Luke
”Luke I am receiving tons of data from a rely system to the North... Processing... Processing... All lf it is Tomorrow Legion intel, field team reports, chatter from friendly outposts. Incredible the relay system Claude has established will help... Processing... Processing... I am detecting an embedded hidden transmission buried in the data stream. Classified as Anvil Protocol, it has a tomorrow legion designation. I am unaware of such a designation.
Pender Lumpkiss looked at Luke for a moment considering the words of the super scientist, ”Claude came out with the initial team to help figure out what had happened when you disapeared... He is an honest...” Pender paused wrestling with some truths, ”You’ll find this out soon enough. We are family and he is a true Atlantean. Definitely a series of unfortunate events has fallen on your team, but Claude is at heart good. As for the infinity sphere, maybe Diamond could shed some light on that.”

Diamond Clad looked up from stowing the gear. He had heard everything @Luke had said. There was enough history between him and the super scientist to shake a stick at. The tension was palpable. ” Dorian? Eh... Is that the technowizard half the anvil galaxy is after? Maybe the same guy. The less you know about how my folks retrieved the sphere the better. Lets just say Gloom has access to a multi dimensional highway.”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Luke

Post by Luke »

<<No worries Xander. We have a working relationship with the Legion, I would not expect them to deliver all their secrets to us on a first date.>>

"Not my intention to accuse, there Diamond. Just saying you really should stay away from Falstaff."

"Part of the reason I am here at all is because we tried to interupt some half baked scheme of Falstaff's. If you and yours have gained access to even a stream of the multi-dimensional transporter you mentioned, more power to you."

"I can at least trust that your ego is not what built it nor is it what is maintaining it."

Not looking at the rest of the 77th, "I for one would be interested in taking that magic carpet ride back to the Three Galaxies."

As to the situation with Claude, he strolls over to Lumkiss and looks him square in the face, "Thanks for sticking it all on the line. There are just not enough clues or answers for all the questions surrounding the current circumenstances. Maybe you could explain what the 'Anvil Protocol' is."
Luke _
Luke
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
Luke
Edit Signature
Wittsen Dolgon

Post by Wittsen Dolgon »

Blinks a moment as reality returns to it's normal and upright position.

Thanks Captain for the timely extraction. I'd be more than grateful if you would take this box back to gloom. Hands Captain the box. I don't think it's good for me to hold on to that thing. Surveys the rest of the team for the first time. Nice to met you all out despite current circumstances. I know that I'm not really a 77th member but I don't seem to have a current objective I wouldn't mind tagging along if you'll have me?
PPE 20
Luke

Post by Luke »

Wittsen Dolgon wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:37 pm Blinks a moment as reality returns to it's normal and upright position.

Thanks Captain for the timely extraction. I'd be more than grateful if you would take this box back to gloom. Hands Captain the box. I don't think it's good for me to hold on to that thing. Surveys the rest of the team for the first time. Nice to met you all out despite current circumstances. I know that I'm not really a 77th member but I don't seem to have a current objective I wouldn't mind tagging along if you'll have me?
"We are happy to have anyone that is willing."
Luke _
Luke
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
Luke
Edit Signature
Tsume

Post by Tsume »

notes
Step 1: Everyone make an agility or str roll at -2 or take a level of fatigue as the ensuing tornado picks you up and knocks you arround.
Step 2: everyone make a spirit roll at -2 as you resist going in to the trap box, and instead help control it.
Heroic Savior: You can forgo your own safty and save someone else. Roll a d6, odd you are sucked into the trap box, even you harrowingly escape a dooming fate. Note: you will forever be changed if you survive.
Bad Ass: forgo your own safty to ensure either the baker or Jeffery gets into the box. Roll a d6, odd you are sucked into the trap box, even you harrowingly escape a dooming fate. Note: you will forever be changed survive.
Step 3: craft your narative using your roll results as guidance.
OOC Comments
Agility [dice:2awe70hw]58762:0[/dice:2awe70hw]
Wild [dice:2awe70hw]58762:1[/dice:2awe70hw]
OOC Comments
spirt [dice:2awe70hw]58762:2[/dice:2awe70hw]
wild [dice:2awe70hw]58762:3[/dice:2awe70hw]
Tsume was whipped up in the tornado and was flying for the box, then she lands in a large snow bank. She sits up and shivers in the cold and remains a bit unresponsive for a while.
Last edited by Tsume on Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Adventure Cards:
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Antipas »

Antipas silently takes in the change of scenery for a few moments listening and gathering himself. The shock of seeing his wife's killer alive again, even if only a fragment, was severe. Then before he'd had a chance to process things the wreckage of Shamlin… He dared not to hope that Durrango had somehow survived, and with what the CS had done to his home, well maybe it was a blessing if he hadn't.

As much as he wanted to take a breath to try and come to grips with all this however, there was still more things to handle.
Luke wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:36 pm
Wittsen Dolgon wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:37 pm Blinks a moment as reality returns to it's normal and upright position.

"We are happy to have anyone that is willing."
"That was a class A clusterfuck of a day, even by my standards. You kept your head and did the job. You more than welcome with us."

Turning to the younger members of the team. "As green as you all are, you did all did well too." His tone and the accompanying nod are solemn and respectful.

Then he walks up to Captain Lumkiss. Looks him dead in the eye and extends his hand to shake. "Captain. Thank you for the reinforcements and the assist. Our other newcomers are Holly, who was assigned to Bill Brasky but field transferred to us, and my cousin Cassiopeia Stormforge. @Cass, @Holly this is Captain Lumkiss of the Legion. As to our plans, I intended to try and get the Team to the Commander and hunt down the Sunaj, as per our last orders. Unless you care to override them or anyone decides they want to do different. We weren't exactly given a chain of command, I'm just most the bossy. Then I will need to resign my commission for personal reasons. They will take me right to McGregor and Lyboc however, so consider them taken care of." He is about to turn towards Cass when he stops and loos back to the Captain. "Azumi Archembald is still in a stasis pod in a bunker around here. We should find her and rig portable power for it so you can take her with you. She's been infected with some splugorth techno-zombie virus, maybe someone back at the castle can help her. There's also a possibly possessed ancient dragon and a dangerous assassin of unknown temperment on ice too. You may want to leave them."

Then he does turn to his cousin. "So that was quite a day huh? Sounds like this Diamond Clad guy has a way back home if your itching to get back to civilization. I'd love your help though if you're game. Got to get these kids to our commander then go get my daughter out of coalition hands. Her mom was the SAMAS pilot I was fighting here as we were d-shifted. And she works for the asshole who sent the attacks here. So some payback while we're at it. @Luke I hope you're in too, I'm not trying to give you the slip again. It's too much effort for something that never works."
Antipas
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Antipas wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:08 pm As to our plans, I intended to try and get the Team to the Commander and hunt down the Sunaj, as per our last orders. Unless you care to override them or anyone decides they want to do different. We weren't exactly given a chain of command, I'm just most the bossy. Then I will need to resign my commission for personal reasons. They will take me right to McGregor and Lyboc however, so consider them taken care of."[/b] He is about to turn towards Cass when he stops and loos back to the Captain. "Azumi Archembald is still in a stasis pod in a bunker around here. We should find her and rig portable power for it so you can take her with you. She's been infected with some splugorth techno-zombie virus, maybe someone back at the castle can help her. There's also a possibly possessed ancient dragon and a dangerous assassin of unknown temperment on ice too. You may want to leave them."

Then he does turn to his cousin. "So that was quite a day huh? Sounds like this Diamond Clad guy has a way back home if your itching to get back to civilization. I'd love your help though if you're game. Got to get these kids to our commander then go get my daughter out of coalition hands. Her mom was the SAMAS pilot I was fighting here as we were d-shifted. And she works for the asshole who sent the attacks here. So some payback while we're at it. @Luke I hope you're in too, I'm not trying to give you the slip again. It's too much effort for something that never works."
"By the Forge. Three years Earth-side, Pas and you got saddled with a psycho PA jock."

Pausing, Luke looks at Pas, "Why in the Three Galaxies have you been trying to avoid me?"
Luke _
Luke
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
Luke
Edit Signature
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Antipas »

Luke wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:41 pm
"By the Forge. Three years Earth-side, Pas and you got saddled with a psycho PA jock."

Pausing, Luke looks at Pas, "Why in the Three Galaxies have you been trying to avoid me?"
The Atlantean shrugs to indicate nothing personal. "For the most part your research is back home, where I am among the most wanted sentients in the Three Galaxies. If I stayed you'd have been hunted too. Had I not slipped away you'd have insisted on coming with and set aside your research. I had no idea you'd spent so much time here while I was locked up and that coming here wasn't that much of a problem."

"I met Daniels when she was undercover as a merc captain. I was working with McGregor running refus to Lazlo and they joined up with us. She and I bonded over killing demons and some Kheegor bounty hunters that somehow found me. Then it came out they were Coalition and were collecting subjects for Lyboc. We fought, some of McG's guys died and all of Daniels' did, the old man insisted we spare her and try to "deprogram" her. I called him a fool and predicted she'd slit his throat as he slept and left. Turns out she took him prisoner instead and brought him in for "tests".
Antipas
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Antipas wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:31 pm
Luke wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:41 pm

The Atlantean shrugs to indicate nothing personal. "For the most part your research is back home, where I am among the most wanted sentients in the Three Galaxies. If I stayed you'd have been hunted too. Had I not slipped away you'd have insisted on coming with and set aside your research. I had no idea you'd spent so much time here while I was locked up and that coming here wasn't that much of a problem."

"I met Daniels when she was undercover as a merc captain. I was working with McGregor running refus to Lazlo and they joined up with us. She and I bonded over killing demons and some Kheegor bounty hunters that somehow found me. Then it came out they were Coalition and were collecting subjects for Lyboc. We fought, some of McG's guys died and all of Daniels' did, the old man insisted we spare her and try to "deprogram" her. I called him a fool and predicted she'd slit his throat as he slept and left. Turns out she took him prisoner instead and brought him in for "tests".
Luke slaps Antipas on the shoulder, "I may not have been lcoked up but the Wasting Disease has held me prisoner for many years. My research has made me many enemies, including your father."

"It is quite sad, that such a fascinating planet is classified sub-standard by most of the Three Galaxies."

At the mention of the Coalition and the testing circuits, Luke shudders. "True scientists would realize that studying subjects acting naturally and not responding to being caged would yeild much more thorough and complete results. The Coalition is nothing more than paranoid psychos with more firepower than they can handle. Children with man toys."
Luke _
Luke
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
Luke
Edit Signature
Alenysturathe

Post by Alenysturathe »

Common Knowledge for DC 4
Smarts [dice:1kga71zp]58943:0[/dice:1kga71zp]
Wild [dice:1kga71zp]58943:1[/dice:1kga71zp]
Fade Town/Castle
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenysturathe blinked as the rusty metal castle around them was replaced by the ruins of Shamlin buried in snow. She shivered a bit. The old man behind the computer bowed and flattered her, and the dragon grinned and lowered her head in acknowledgement. Yes, of course! She was beautiful. Obviously.

Alenysturathe looked around the ruined town sadly. “Two months?” she said in surprise. “That’s a lot of TV I have to catch up on!”

When the man was introduced at Diamond Clad, Alenysturathe grinned. “Oh! I know you! Is that a real infinity sphere? Like the big, purple alien guy had? He fought some big team of Legionnaires, I heard. Really took them apart.”

Alenysturathe wasn’t sure where to go next. They had been tasked with finding Captain Claude and protecting him from the assassin. “If the assassin has disappeared, it still may be after Captain Claude. That’s who we were sent to retrieve and protect,” she said. “But are we even Legionnaires anymore? Seems like we screwed up and killed an entire town,” she said sadly, idly picking up a car that had been part of a home.
Mission
Find Captain Claude
Character Tracker
Bennies: 4/3
Common Bond
Fear
I Know a Guy
Character Tracker
Common Bond
Fear
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:
Cassiopeia

Post by Cassiopeia »

General knowledge
Smarts 1d10= [dice:3ih7wi9j]59110:0[/dice:3ih7wi9j]
Wild = [dice:3ih7wi9j]59110:1[/dice:3ih7wi9j]
The world shimmers into focus around her, the bright sun on the white snow burning her eyes. Cass pulls herself to her feet and hugs herself, expecting to feel cold in her tattered clothes. The new armor must have some thermal controls because the snow evaporates before it can soak through her boots and chill her feet.

She tries to pay attention to Pender’s sitrep. She knows he’s talking about things that are important to her new friends and her own future, but she doesn’t know who any of the people are and only vaguely recognizes half the locations he mentions. At the Mayor’s name she perks up, though. She’d heard of him in certain circles before she’d lost a decade or more.

All through the talking her eyes keep cutting to Antipas. She remembers hearing him scream in the fade town, while she struggled to not succumb to the vortex. She can see how rigidly he’s holding his shoulders now, the pain and frustration he’s trying to keep out of his voice when he speaks to Pender and Luke.

When he turns to her, asking what she wants, she struggles. Her first instinct to run away and find some place familiar and fucking warm at least. But then she remembers the vision she had of her father telling her that she’d need friends. Cass looks around at the people who are quickly becoming her friends.
“I’ll go with you. Both of you. Or with the new recruits if you send them somewhere for debriefing and training. We could benefit from that. I’d honestly rather go with you and see if I can keep you out of trouble. But either way, I have a single condition. I’d like a night somewhere with hot water, an actual bed and supplies.”
Cass smiles at Antipas and Luke ruefully. “It’s literally been over a decade since I was warm and clean.”
Cass__

Bennies 2/3

Edit Signature
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Antipas »

Cassiopeia wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:38 am
“I’ll go with you. Both of you. Or with the new recruits if you send them somewhere for debriefing and training. We could benefit from that. I’d honestly rather go with you and see if I can keep you out of trouble. But either way, I have a single condition. I’d like a night somewhere with hot water, an actual bed and supplies.”
Cass smiles at Antipas and Luke ruefully. “It’s literally been over a decade since I was warm and clean.”
CK check for local geography
Smarts [dice:3vng83m0]59123:0[/dice:3vng83m0]
Wild [dice:3vng83m0]59123:1[/dice:3vng83m0]
He gives his cousin a warm smile at her counter offer, which for him is a flicker of a smile that lasts 2 whole seconds.
"I do think an evening of rest would do us all good. If we can find a decent path I know a place not to far from here that fits the bill. And trying keeping me out of trouble is a Sisyphean task." Then his attention turns to Alenys.
Alenysturathe wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:18 am Alenysturathe wasn’t sure where to go next. They had been tasked with finding Captain Claude and protecting him from the assassin. “If the assassin has disappeared, it still may be after Captain Claude. That’s who we were sent to retrieve and protect,” she said. “But are we even Legionnaires anymore? Seems like we screwed up and killed an entire town,” she said sadly, idly picking up a car that had been part of a home.
Normally he'd not want to get involved in this kind of grief. He'd stand to the side and be annoyed if it interfered with the job at hand letting others handle their own emotional landscape. But he had decided to take on the task of taking care of these kids until they got to Claude, and as real actual leaders had shown him, that meant offering guidance in times like these.

He quickly bulldozes thru the snow to the young dragon and addresses her at first in her native tongue. "No Alenysurathe. We did no such thing. The Coalition killed them." Then he switches to American to addresses the team, in particular the younger members who have never witnessed such tragedy. "We didn't place a spy in this town, we certainly didn't send a deaths head here based on said spy's report. Nor did we send the second attack. We helped stop the first attack against overwhelming odds before we were abducted. And as for the second attack, even if we had not gotten pulled into a shadow dimension for three months we would have left this town and not been here for it. So be sad for the people of this town, but do not misdirect your anger and blame to yourselves. This is on the Coalition, on Lyboc, and on the men and women under his command. They are the ones to whom your wrath should be directed. It is where mine will be."

Then his gruff demeanor returns. "Let's help Lumkiss dig up Azumi so we can get someplace warm and safe-ish. We can process this shitpile then."
Antipas
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Luke

Post by Luke »

<<Xander. Give me the geographical uploads of the area. Three months will only have a changed a few things.>>
Luke _
Luke
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
Luke
Edit Signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Story will move forward in a day or two
Luke and Antipas
@Antipas, nearest town is called Logmire, about 15-20 miles to the east (direction you need to head to get to Claude, a small town, town is “protected” by a fallen cyber knight)
@Luke make a common kn check, or kn geography check, or even a survival check.

I’ll give it a day or two and get you guys moving.
Pender Lumpkiss shook his head toward Luke, glancing briefly at Diamond Clad, ”I am not really sure what Anvil Protocol is...” His voice trails off as he sees Cassipiopia. He extended a hand towards her, ”Cass, I never thought we would see you again. I am a friend of Gryphus. Your... Illness is abated?” He seemed more than surprised to see her up and arround. Moments later Xander beeps and boops for Luke.
Xander for Luke
”Luke, I am receiving a transmission from Pender Lumpkiss. Break... Processing... It concerns Anvil Protocol.” A series of technical readouts of communication towers aligned in a certain fashion capable of interstellar communication. With the goal to communicate with someone in the Anvil galaxy. There is a note from captain claude. We must if we are to survive the insidious plot laid down by our most vile enemies contact our brethren in Alxandria before it is too late.

”Luke, if my database is correct The Alexandria star system in in the Anvil galaxy populated predominately by Perhaps the largest gathering of True Atlanteans.”
Pender and Diamond Clad are more than willing to help the heroes search for Azzumi. Unfortunately even the old Stormforge manor is laid low. Its basement suffered heavy damage as if something below had exploded. The cryotubes are not there, and there is no wreckage of them.

Diamond Clad shook his head sadly, ”I am sorry. I know too well the feeling of leaving those you care about behind...”

Pender also approached @Alenysturathe and bowed slightly, ”I have to agree with Antipas, the Coalition killed these people there was could have done, short of going back in time and stopping them from coming to shamlin in the first place.” He paused and continued, ”Ah as for Legionaires? Yes you are still part of the legion and when I get back to the castle I will make sure you all get three months of back pay for hazard work.” He hands the dragon a cred stick with 10,000 creds on it. ”Here take this, it is not much but perhaps it can aid you in food and lodging where ever you go.”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Luke

Post by Luke »

K/Common (Geography) 9 _
[*] K/Common (1d10) [dice:254xmqdb]59129:2[/dice:254xmqdb]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:254xmqdb]59129:3[/dice:254xmqdb]
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) [dice:254xmqdb]59129:0[/dice:254xmqdb]
"Diamond, I need to speak with the Captain, Antipas and Cass. Could you see to the needs of the others of our team until I finish. I would greatly appreciate it."

Luke draws the three Atlanteans together.
For Antipas, Cass, and Pender _
”Luke, I am receiving a transmission from Pender Lumpkiss. Break... Processing... It concerns Anvil Protocol.”[/color] A series of technical readouts of communication towers aligned in a certain fashion capable of interstellar communication. With the goal to communicate with someone in the Anvil galaxy. There is a note from captain claude. We must if we are to survive the insidious plot laid down by our most vile enemies contact our brethren in Vahalla before it is too late.

”Luke, if my database is correct The Vahalla star system in in the Anvil galaxy populated predominately by Perhaps the largest gathering of True Atlanteans.”
"Claude is ambitious. I am uncertain of which eneemy maybe referenced."

"We should also check on the stability of the towers and his array."
Luke _
Luke
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
Luke
Edit Signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Clarification: Alexandria is the world in the Anvil galaxy. +1 benny to Jason for the fact check.
Vahalah is something else. I changed it above.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Alenysturathe

Post by Alenysturathe »

Ruins of Shamlin
Night
Round 0

Seeing Cassiopeia shivering, Alenysturathe gathered up some of the wreckage and made a pile. She lit it with her breath and then curled her tail around the woman to nudge her closer to the fire, using her own large body as well to warm Cass as Alenys listened to Antipas and Pendar.

Alenysturathe’s eyes lit up when Pender offered her ten thousand credits. “Oooo!” she said, snatching the credstick with two claws. Damn. She didn’t have pockets in this form.
Mission
Find Captain Claude
Character Tracker
Bennies: 4/3
Common Bond
Fear
I Know a Guy
Character Tracker
Common Bond
Fear
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The adventure continues here. Feel free to keep RPing...
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.p ... 452#p59452
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Tsume

Post by Tsume »

Tsume in her catatonic state sees Alenysturathe light the pile of wreckage on fire and instinctively moves over to it to get warm.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Adventure Cards:
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature
Cassiopeia

Post by Cassiopeia »

Alenysturathe wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:11 pmSeeing Cassiopeia shivering, Alenysturathe gathered up some of the wreckage and made a pile. She lit it with her breath and then curled her tail around the woman to nudge her closer to the fire, using her own large body as well to warm Cass as Alenys listened to Antipas and Pendar.
Cass is staring at Antipas, Luke and Pender, trying to follow their conversation. She must be tired because she doesn't notice the large dragon moving around behind her until Alenys's tail presses against her hip. Surprised, she takes an involuntary step to the side away and then finally notices the fire. Cass smiles up at the dragon before she turns her attention back to the men. She lets herself be guided by the tail until she can feel the fire's warmth up her side and the dragon's bulk blocking the wind at her back. Cass reaches down and grips Alenys's surprisingly smooth tail before she can slip it away, pressing it back against her thigh and squeezing it as if it were the woman's hand in hers.
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:35 am Pender Lumpkiss shook his head toward Luke, glancing briefly at Diamond Clad, ”I am not really sure what Anvil Protocol is...” His voice trails off as he sees Cassipiopia. He extended a hand towards her, ”Cass, I never thought we would see you again. I am a friend of Gryphus. Your... Illness is abated?” He seemed more than surprised to see her up and arround. Moments later Xander beeps and boops for Luke.
Her eyes cutting sharply to Luke, Cass stammers to reply. "I .. I believe it is currently dormant...by some miracle."

She staggers forward, out of the protective circle of dragon. "Wait. Did you know I was in stasis? Do you know how I got there? I don't remember!"
Cass__

Bennies 2/3

Edit Signature
HollyTalayuki

Post by HollyTalayuki »

-During the fuss of the Pandora box Holly's instincts kicked in and got her into the thick of trouble as usual. She slammed her claws into the floor boards and did her best to act as a barrier for the team to not get pulled in but still not get pulled in herself. During the shit storm of everything being pulled in she passes out her body just death gripping the floor during her exhaustion brought on from rage fatique and the drain of magical energy before entering the castle. She slept for some time and woke up separated from the others her body groggy and weak. She searched until she found the group and rejoined although due to the time lapse and her delayed return from being at the center of the storm so they had thought she was missing.- "Anyone get the number of that rampaging Tarakin that blew me over?
... -She witnessed the damage to Shamlin and it impacted her heart heavily and continued behind the group in silent solace for a bit to over come her grief.-

Return to “Adventure Forum”