20. Journey to the Center...

Pursuit
Game Master

20. Journey to the Center...

Post by Pursuit »

Conditions
The wind is picking up and the night isn’t as oppressively hot as the days.

Eco-Terror
The eco-wizard, though clearly still unnerved by Kuikku, is pretty unruffled by the questioning the party gives him. He just keeps repeating that “all will be revealed” soon and that the party is already dead, whether they realize it or not.

It becomes pretty obvious that he’s stalling, and the party’s options are clear: wait for the bad guys to reinforce out here in the open, or head underground.

What Lies Beneath?
Choosing the better part of valor, the party heads for the tunnels, sloshing through water that rises to waist deep in places and plunging into the long dark of the subterranean catacombs. No light from outside reaches here, and the party is in total blackness (Notice and related rolls are at -6).

As you progress into the tunnels, you hear the sounds of roaring and commotion from behind you, but you can detect no sign that any foes have followed you in.

Order
In your post, describe what your character does as you pass into the pitch darkness. Which vehicle are you in? Are you on foot? Are you unsettled by the dark, or just happy to be away from the rampaging dinosaurs? Do you use the vehicle headlights or flashlights to generate some light? Or do you navigate by some other means? And what do you do with the eco-wizard and barbarians you had captured? Leave them topside or bring them with you? It’s also getting well past bedtime. What, if anything, does your character do to stay awake and alert after a particularly stressful and violent day? You don’t have to include all of these in your post, but they are good places to start.

Also, be sure to include a Notice roll in this post. If your character has Danger Sense, mention it in an OOC tag for me.
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
White Castle

Re: 20. Journey to the Center...

Post by White Castle »

Finding adequate spots on the Mountaineer and MHQ, Castle gags each of the captives and then straps them to the front of each vehicle. "No point in leaving them behind." Is all he says to the questioning looks he does see.

Notice 0
Scene Modifier -6
[*] Notice (1d8) [dice:2q8kpxxc]59381:0[/dice:2q8kpxxc]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:2q8kpxxc]59381:1[/dice:2q8kpxxc]
Castle relies on his night vision features on his helmet and begins wading through the water ahead of the vehicles. Between his survival and Tracking skills and the Woodsman Edge, Castle trusts himself to be fully alert and aware.
Sierra Mackenzie

Post by Sierra Mackenzie »

Darksight 10; Raise negates all darkness penalties
Psionics [dice:d8djk9z5]59390:0[/dice:d8djk9z5]
Wild [dice:d8djk9z5]59390:1[/dice:d8djk9z5]
Notice 2; has Danger Sense
Notice [dice:d8djk9z5]59390:2[/dice:d8djk9z5]
Wild [dice:d8djk9z5]59390:3[/dice:d8djk9z5]
Dinosaur Swamp/Jungle Castle/Tunnels
Night
Hot, humid, buggy, everything difficult terrain (knee deep water)
Round 0

Sierra blinked and stared into the darkness. Then she blinked again, and the infrared outlines of the tunnels began to form in her vision as she could see the heat patterns. She rode in the lead vehicle. She yawned. “Time to mix some Chi-Cola with my whiskey,” she said, digging through their supplies to find some caffeine. “Let me know if you want me to fly up there and light things up,” she told Kuikku.
Everything Burns
[dice:d8djk9z5]59390:4[/dice:d8djk9z5]
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over [dice:d8djk9z5]59390:5[/dice:d8djk9z5] rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.

(1 Wound, no penalties)(Day 2)
Liquid Courage: Vigor d12, Toughness: 15 (6), ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Injury: Guts, Broken: Agility reduced to d4 (goes away when healed)
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Encumbrance: 25/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 14 (6), ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 21/40
Bennies: 3/3
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 8, ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
ISP: 35/40 (5 locked for armor)
Adventure Card
  • Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
  • Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Norona

Post by Norona »

As the group prepares to go underground Norona frowns at the team's condition. Facing the unknown at less than capacity is not ideal. Wincing at his own injuries he feels compassion for Sierra's continued struggles. Slowly he unwraps a cloth from deep within his backpack revealing a single unicorn horn he smiles at the ebullient burster, "A great gift from a friend. Now seems an appropriate time to pass the gift on to you."

Touching the horn to the injured burster a soft glow emanates and sends healing energies coursing through Sierra's system.
Unicorn Horn 8, success
Channelling [dice:15pjikzd]59402:0[/dice:15pjikzd]
Wild [dice:15pjikzd]59402:1[/dice:15pjikzd]
+1 from Professional negates -1 wound penalty
With Sierra taken care of Norona looks to Deezy, "Perhaps some more of your nanites for myself?"

Checking out the tunnel entrance and seeing it easily large enough for the vehicles the elf follows Castle inward to scout ahead, "Load up, activate the vehicle illumination system. Castle and I will forge ahead to avoid surprises." Pulling his googles down over his eyes and drawing his sidearm he follows Castle into the dark.
Notice (Danger Sense) 9
Notice [dice:15pjikzd]59402:2[/dice:15pjikzd]
Wild [dice:15pjikzd]59402:3[/dice:15pjikzd]
EE [dice:15pjikzd]59402:4[/dice:15pjikzd]
Assuming the glow of headlights and low light vision offset darkness penalties
Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Notice: 5, Success
-2 for darkness, +2 for armor
Notice: [dice:1rx74cqh]59431:0[/dice:1rx74cqh]
Wild: [dice:1rx74cqh]59431:1[/dice:1rx74cqh]
Kuikku sees the healing done by Norona (and presumably Deezy) and nods in approval. As the vehicles start rolling forward Kuikku thinks about everything that has happened so far. Vampires, a nauseating ley-line jaunt that only got close, a town under assault by a mysterious disease, smoke and smoke possessed dinos, eco-wizard terrorist... The list goes on. All leading to this tunnel and hopefully the castle beyond. What a long strange trip it's been.

When the vehicles start down the tunnel and turn on their lights Kuikku is between them and a pace or two behind the front bumpers. This should give me a decent chance of seeing what is coming without silhouetting myself. As the party gets away from the opening he hears a question from Sierra.
Sierra Mackenzie wrote: “Let me know if you want me to fly up there and light things up.”
”No, I think our lights are plenty for now. No point is putting you out there as a glowing target as well.”

Status
Parry: 8
Toughness: 20(8)
Wounds: 0
ISP: 17/20
Powers have lapsed.
Character
Kuikku
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

Deezy stares at Norona, visibly started.

"Wow! No one's EVER asked for another treatment! Uh, sure! Just a second..."

She leans over to fiddle with some controls on the side of the 'hive,' then curses under her breath and fans away a puff of acrid smoke that briefly leaks out from between the metal plates that make it up.

"Also, technically not nanobots. More like minibots." Deezy stood up as the tiny mechanical 'spider' things again surged out of the hive and marched towards Norona. Once they were swarming up to his wound she scratched her chin thoughtfully and corrected herself.

"Or...if it's truth in advertising, more like skin-ripping spider bots I guess. ANYWAY."

On seeing how dark the cavernous tunnel was, she charged up the advanced optics on her armor and moved on in with the others! As the light started to dwindle, she moved her goggles down as well, carefully positioning the lens over the 'cyclops' eye of the Triax helmet so she could see through both vision augmentation systems at once!

Meanwhile, the 'skin ripping spider-bots' seemed to have learned quite a bit about how Norona's living body differed from the cadavers they'd been invented to work on. Their work was far more comfortable and arguably even more effective this time.

Rolls: Healing 14, Notice 22
Healing on Norona [dice:103ls3u2]59470:0[/dice:103ls3u2] or [dice:103ls3u2]59470:1[/dice:103ls3u2]
Ace [dice:103ls3u2]59470:4[/dice:103ls3u2]
Notice! [dice:103ls3u2]59470:2[/dice:103ls3u2] or [dice:103ls3u2]59470:3[/dice:103ls3u2] - illumination compensated
Ace and ace! [dice:103ls3u2]59470:5[/dice:103ls3u2] or [dice:103ls3u2]59470:6[/dice:103ls3u2]
lol... [dice:103ls3u2]59470:7[/dice:103ls3u2]
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder

TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage

TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Credits: 2000
Toshiro 'Cybermonk'

Post by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' »

Deezy Klatta wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:38 am

"Also, technically not nanobots. More like minibots." Deezy stood up as the tiny mechanical 'spider' things again surged out of the hive and marched towards Norona. Once they were swarming up to his wound she scratched her chin thoughtfully and corrected herself.

"Or...if it's truth in advertising, more like skin-ripping spider bots I guess. ANYWAY."
A chill goes up Toshiro's spine as Deezy's device activates and the small bots swarm over Norona.

Honestly...I'd rather die... Toshiro thinks as he high tails it to the rear of the column, as far away from the Deezy and her spiderbots as possible

Hinderance
Toshiro has a minor phobia of spiders. I'm considering this as counts, and will be making my notice roll at -1
Realistically, the back is where Toshiro would have placed himself anyway. With the lights of the vehicle facing forward, the back has only the faintest of illumination from the party ahead. Toshiro considers switching to thermal version, but figures that something called "claymen" probably dont have a heat signature, so he leaves his eye in night vision mode. Luckily, the internal radar system he had installed doesn't rely on light.

As the column moves forward, Toshiro slaps as every little tickle upon his skin, remembering the spider-like robots crawling over Norona.

Notice 7 / Danger Sense 5

Notice (+2 Expanded Detection, +2 cyber eye, No illumination penalties, -1 Phobia, -2 for danger sense, not incldued)
Notice [dice:2an0yfhq]59621:1[/dice:2an0yfhq]
Wild [dice:2an0yfhq]59621:0[/dice:2an0yfhq]
Agility Roll - 7
[dice:2an0yfhq]59621:2[/dice:2an0yfhq]
Wild [dice:2an0yfhq]59621:3[/dice:2an0yfhq]
Ace! [dice:2an0yfhq]59621:4[/dice:2an0yfhq]

EE (with Elan) [dice:2an0yfhq]59621:5[/dice:2an0yfhq]
OOC Comments
Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; [/size]

Parry: 5 (+4 from chip and sword)[/size]
Toughness: 23(12 MDC)[/size]
Active Effects
Chips: +3DT Fighting +1DT Electronics
Sword: +2 DT Fighting, Absorption (Metal and Kinetic), +2 DT Strength [/size]

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Improved Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan[/size]

Bennies: 1/3 [/size]
-1 for shooting reroll
+1 for commiting near suicide (being outside the vehicle)
-2 for agility rerolls

Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Miguel neatly sets the Predator down into the swamp. He pops his helmet off and takes a long drink from a straw built into the armor. He smiles sheepishly, and shakes his head to get the sweaty hair out of his face. "Hope you don't mind that I jumped in back there...You didn't look like you were big game hunters or anything...I'm Miguel. Mind if I tag along for a bit?" After the group says that they do not in fact mind, he hovers a few feet off of the ground, following them but making sure to be in a position to rain firepower if necessary. As they arrive at the Castle he puts the Power Armor suit on the ground again, not wanting to make unnecessary noise with the thrusters. He uses his technologically enhanced vision to look out for any danger.
Notice 5
Notice [dice:11hse9qx]59657:0[/dice:11hse9qx]
Wild Die [dice:11hse9qx]59657:1[/dice:11hse9qx]
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Notice
Conrad danger sense not including penalties
[dice:1d4ed7pw]59690:2[/dice:1d4ed7pw]
[dice:1d4ed7pw]59690:3[/dice:1d4ed7pw]
vigour [dice:1d4ed7pw]59690:4[/dice:1d4ed7pw]
[dice:1d4ed7pw]59690:5[/dice:1d4ed7pw] benny to EE [dice:1d4ed7pw]59690:8[/dice:1d4ed7pw]

Jameson 5 7 to spot an ambush not including penalties
[dice:1d4ed7pw]59690:0[/dice:1d4ed7pw]
[dice:1d4ed7pw]59690:1[/dice:1d4ed7pw]
vigour [dice:1d4ed7pw]59690:6[/dice:1d4ed7pw]
[dice:1d4ed7pw]59690:7[/dice:1d4ed7pw]

Conrad's curiosity got the better of it and he wanted to see what was down in the tunnels. This seems to be the source of all the troubles have been facing or at least where we started from

Conrad flooded the area with as much light as he could. The vehicles weren't built for stealth, especially as they were ploughing through waist high water, whilst also checking the sensors. Wasn't perfect but should make life easier.
Norona

Post by Norona »

Agility [dice:3oci40k7]59695:0[/dice:3oci40k7]
Wild [dice:3oci40k7]59695:1[/dice:3oci40k7]
Last benny EE
[dice:3oci40k7]59695:2[/dice:3oci40k7]
Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Stoic wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:03 pm Miguel neatly sets the Predator down into the swamp. He pops his helmet off and takes a long drink from a straw built into the armor. He smiles sheepishly, and shakes his head to get the sweaty hair out of his face. "Hope you don't mind that I jumped in back there...You didn't look like you were big game hunters or anything...I'm Miguel. Mind if I tag along for a bit?"
Kuikku reaches out to shake the newcomer's hand. After a few introductions he continues. "I have no problem with you tagging along if you want; a little extra firepower generally helps. I have to warn you though that the situation we are headed into is several steps above the normal level of danger. You saw how those things smoked away when killed. We fought one that was completely made from that smokey-shadowy stuff and stood over four stories tall. We were able to take it down but it was not a walk in the park and it was only a minion of what we are expecting to find."

Sure the pilot has better sense than most Kuikku is almost surprised to see him set down and start walking into the tunnel with the rest of the group. I wonder if it is more guts than smarts. We have a job to do, why is he here?
Character
Kuikku
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Conditions

It’s dark (Notice and related rolls made at -6, except as offset). It’s wet (knee-to-waist-high water means everything is difficult ground, unless offset). It’s late (you guys have been awake a whole day and deep into the night).

Claymation

Time passes slowly in the dark of the tunnels, and the party makes its progress.

After approximately an hour, White Castle and Norona’s scouting bears sudden, violent fruit. Norona notices an odd bit of movement within the water approximately 20 yards (10”) away, and just has time to steel himself and shout a warning over comms before a Clay Man emerges, water running off of him in rivulets, its silent, glossy black eyes taking in the sylvan scout and his human companion. The Clay Man is a hunched-over, barrel-chested be­ing with mottled grey-white skin and large flakes of dried flesh coming off them in sheets like a snake shedding its skin. It resembles a giant grub with legs and arms with large large, clawed three-fingered hands and a thick, short neck with a wide, round head. Its nose is little more than three slits, and its mouth is wide with thick lips, and when it opens its mouth, Norona can see it is full of broken and jag­ged teeth.

Another of the creatures emerges behind White Castle, almost within grappling distance (2”).

Almost in the same moment as Norona’s warning comes over comms, Toshiro, Conrad and Jameson all notice something amiss; there is movement along the walls, as mud (or, in this case, clay) creeps around the party.

Clay Men emerge from the walls and the water, surrounding the party. Six clay men appear in all, 3 in front, 3 behind, 2 on the left and 1 on the right, each of them approximately 5” from the outside perimeter of the group.

Kuikku, Deezy and Miguel aren’t quite as quick as the others, but they do see the attack coming, and they prepare to retaliate. Sierra and White Castle are a bit more oblivious, but thanks to the warnings of the others, they get their eyes up in time to avoid being caught completely flat footed.
Scouting and Action Cards
Thanks to the team’s scouting, even the characters who failed their notice roll on this surprise round get Action Cards. Tactical thinking merits tactical bonuses.

Initiative
Norona, Toshiro and Contad will go first, in any order, and they have three days to post. Then, the Clay Men will have their turn.

Following the Clay Men, the remainder of the players may post in any order.

Action Cards (just in case someone gets a Joker):
  • Norona - no card (starts on hold from Danger Sense, goes before bad guys because he got the high roll on opposed Agility)
  • Toshiro - no card (same as Norona)
  • Conrad/Jameson- no card (same as Norona and Toshiro)
  • Sierra - no card (she failed her Notice roll, but still gets to go in this surprise round because of the scout’s early warning)
  • White Castle - no card (same as Sierra)
  • Kuikku - KS
  • Deezy - 5H
  • Miguel - 9H, 4D
EVERYONE INCLUDE A FEAR CHECK IN YOUR POST. Clay Men are terrifying to behold.

Is It Getting Sleepy In Here?

Everyone make a Vigor roll or take a level of Fatigue from lack of sleep. Conrad/Jameson may use the Vigor roll from their last post, if desired.

Patience Is Its Own Reward, But Here’s a Benny Anyway

Thanks for your patience while I put this post together. Everyone gets a free Benny, and when calculating post rates for EP at the end of the quarter, everyone will get +1 to their post counts to offset my slow week.

Some Pertinent Stats
Parry: 8; Toughness 25(10; Size 3

Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Conrad
Fear 7
OOC Comments
spirit [dice:1zh0kw5n]60032:0[/dice:1zh0kw5n]
[dice:1zh0kw5n]60032:1[/dice:1zh0kw5n]
What a shock, they tried to ambush us.

"Booya Chummers," Conrad shouts, as he opens up on the left side Clay creatures with the rail gun, completely unfazed by their presence, spraying across them all.

shooting 12, damage 22, 51, 17 AP14
OOC Comments
[dice:1zh0kw5n]60032:4[/dice:1zh0kw5n]
[dice:1zh0kw5n]60032:5[/dice:1zh0kw5n] Ace [dice:1zh0kw5n]60032:10[/dice:1zh0kw5n]

[dice:1zh0kw5n]60032:6[/dice:1zh0kw5n]
[dice:1zh0kw5n]60032:7[/dice:1zh0kw5n] exploding [dice:1zh0kw5n]60032:11[/dice:1zh0kw5n]
[dice:1zh0kw5n]60032:8[/dice:1zh0kw5n]
AP 14 to all the above
raise damage [dice:1zh0kw5n]60032:17[/dice:1zh0kw5n]
jameson
Fear 4
OOC Comments
spirit [dice:1zh0kw5n]60032:2[/dice:1zh0kw5n]
[dice:1zh0kw5n]60032:3[/dice:1zh0kw5n]
benny for extra effort [dice:1zh0kw5n]60032:9[/dice:1zh0kw5n]
It takes a second for Jameson to get her wits together, helped by Conrad's shouting and the roar of the rail gun. She opens the left side port and opens fire with her rifle.
Shooting 10 Damage 15
OOC Comments
[dice:1zh0kw5n]60032:12[/dice:1zh0kw5n]
[dice:1zh0kw5n]60032:13[/dice:1zh0kw5n] Ace [dice:1zh0kw5n]60032:15[/dice:1zh0kw5n]

[dice:1zh0kw5n]60032:14[/dice:1zh0kw5n] AP 2 exploding [dice:1zh0kw5n]60032:16[/dice:1zh0kw5n]
Raise [dice:1zh0kw5n]60032:18[/dice:1zh0kw5n]
Toshiro 'Cybermonk'

Fear 7
Spirit [dice:3kbvd7qv]60057:0[/dice:3kbvd7qv]
Wild [dice:3kbvd7qv]60057:1[/dice:3kbvd7qv]
Vigor Check 4
Vigor [dice:3kbvd7qv]60057:2[/dice:3kbvd7qv]
Wild [dice:3kbvd7qv]60057:3[/dice:3kbvd7qv]
Running 5
Running 5[dice:3kbvd7qv]60057:4[/dice:3kbvd7qv]
Fighting 12 Damage 36 2AP
Bonuses: D8 starting, 3DT chip, 2DT Retribution. -2MAP, Matter of size +2?
Fighting [dice:3kbvd7qv]60057:5[/dice:3kbvd7qv]
Wild [dice:3kbvd7qv]60057:6[/dice:3kbvd7qv]

Damage: Str (d10) + 2d10 + 1d6 (Giant Killer) + 1d6 (Raise)
Damage: [dice:3kbvd7qv]60057:10[/dice:3kbvd7qv]+[dice:3kbvd7qv]60057:11[/dice:3kbvd7qv]
Aces: [dice:3kbvd7qv]60057:14[/dice:3kbvd7qv] + [dice:3kbvd7qv]60057:15[/dice:3kbvd7qv]
Draw and Shoot - 12 Damage 20 AP 2
-2MAP, Matters of size +2?
Shooting [dice:3kbvd7qv]60057:7[/dice:3kbvd7qv]
Wild [dice:3kbvd7qv]60057:8[/dice:3kbvd7qv]
EE (with Elan) [dice:3kbvd7qv]60057:9[/dice:3kbvd7qv]

Damage: 2d12+2 + 1d6 (Giant Killer) +1d6 (raise)
Damage: [dice:3kbvd7qv]60057:16[/dice:3kbvd7qv] + [dice:3kbvd7qv]60057:13[/dice:3kbvd7qv]

Toshiro's sensors start alarming about the time that Norona's warning comes over the radio. The claymen are a truly frightening sight, but Toshiro's seen worse over the course of his travels. Seeing that Conrad has the left side covered, Toshiro charges the clayman on the right, Retribution raised to strike.

Now is the time you raise me in offense? What have these paltry creature done? What knavery have they committed? The almost sensible voice of Retribution echoes in Toshiro's head.

For a split second, Toshiro considers the swords point of few. It has a point. These creature have done nothing to them yet. In fact, it's the legion who are intruding on their place of dwelling...

Toshiro pushes the thoughts aside. Too late for diplomacy now that Conrad has dropped one of them with the rail gun...

Before he completely closes, Toshiro unfolds his extra arms from where his ribcage should be, and they quickly unhoster and fire the shotgun and the clayman. The shot has little physical effect, but apparently distracts the clayman enough to allow Toshiro to slip past his guard and land a powerful blow with Retribution.
OOC Comments

Active Effects

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Improved Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan[/size]

-1 for shooting reroll
-2 for agility rerolls

Edit Signature
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Clay Men Attack

Even with only a handful of members forewarned, the 32nd’s wrath is swift and violent. @Conrad's railgun chews through three of the attacking Clay Men in an instant, and @Toshiro 'Cybermonk' and his odd sword cleave another in two. At the same time, Toshiro’s cybernetic arms unsling his shotgun and, as the halves of the broken creature fall, he unleashes on one of the remaining ambushers, but with little effect. Jameson, for her part, gets a solid looking shot off, but it does not seem to phase her target.

The one who survived Toshiro’s shotgun blast responds in kind, its hand coming up and pointing in Toshiro’s direction. Two fist-sized chunks of rock explode from the water and barrel towards Toshiro. The creature swings its hand in the direction of @Miguel, and two more chunks of rock burst out and head towards the Predator pilot.

Two of the rock chunks miss their marks entirely, and the other two connect, but with little effect.
Casting Onslaught: Hit with a Raise vs. Toshiro for 15 damage, Hit vs. Miguel for 9 damage
Rolls: 1, 10, 6, 3

Damage to Toshiro: 3d6 (onslaught) + 1d6 (raise) = 15 damage
Damage to Miguel: 3d6 (onslaught) = 9 damage
Meanwhile, the other surviving Clay Man in front of the Mountaineer swings both hands up above his head, summoning a great spike of earth to emerge from beneath the water to impale the vehicle.
Casting Onslaught: Failure
Roll: 2
Unfortunately for the creature, the spike strikes the armored hull of the Mountaineer and simply breaks off, leaving some scratches but nothing else.

Meanwhile, the two creatures nearest the scouts move into action.

The first, approaching @White Castle from behind, attempts to lock the Legacy Scout in a massive bear-hug. Unfortunately, even with the element of surprise (such that it is), the creature’s attempt is feeble, leaving Castle plenty of room to get away, if he can take advantage.
Grapple 4, Castle Needs to Make an Opposed Fighting Roll
If Castle succeeds in his opposed roll, he escapes any effect from the grapple entirely. Should he fail, he will be grappled and may attempt to break free as his action. See p.73 of SWD.
Finally, the creature nearest @Norona sneers and charges, swinging its massive, clawed hand in an attempt to remove the sylvan scout’s head! Fortunately for Norona, the strike goes high, merely whistling through the air above him.
Fighting 2
Roll:4, -2 for size
You Are Up

The rest of the players may now post in any order. Please be sure to include your Fear and Vigor rolls along with any actions.

Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

Deezy was still cruising on KlattaDew, a beverage of her own concoction that consisted of caffiene and nearly 15% water when it all started to go down. With a whoop, she popped up through the top hatch, took aim with her Omniblaster and fired a stream of viciously, magically charged particles straight at one of the beasts that was swarming around the team....and was dismayed when the clay exterior of these things proved quite a bit tougher than mortal flesh.

She scowled and flipped a lever on the weapon's side, causing more barrel attachments to rotate into place and lock in.

"Fine. Lets see you do that with Level Two."

Rolls: Fear 15, Vigor 4, Shooting 10, Damage 18 MD, AP 6
Fear - [dice:3422qjhi]60072:0[/dice:3422qjhi] or [dice:3422qjhi]60072:1[/dice:3422qjhi]
Ace [dice:3422qjhi]60072:6[/dice:3422qjhi]
Weegor [dice:3422qjhi]60072:2[/dice:3422qjhi] or [dice:3422qjhi]60072:3[/dice:3422qjhi]
-- Will benny that, with Elan [dice:3422qjhi]60072:4[/dice:3422qjhi] or [dice:3422qjhi]60072:5[/dice:3422qjhi]

Shootin! [dice:3422qjhi]60072:7[/dice:3422qjhi] or [dice:3422qjhi]60072:8[/dice:3422qjhi]
for this much damage (particle beam) [dice:3422qjhi]60072:9[/dice:3422qjhi] AP 6
Raise [dice:3422qjhi]60072:10[/dice:3422qjhi]
OOC Comments

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!

Edges
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Sierra Mackenzie

Fear 7
Spirit [dice:5d4y1ioc]60108:0[/dice:5d4y1ioc]
Wild [dice:5d4y1ioc]60108:1[/dice:5d4y1ioc]
Vigor 11
Vigor [dice:5d4y1ioc]60108:2[/dice:5d4y1ioc]
Wild [dice:5d4y1ioc]60108:3[/dice:5d4y1ioc]
Deflection 4
-2 MAP
Psionics [dice:5d4y1ioc]60108:4[/dice:5d4y1ioc]
Wild [dice:5d4y1ioc]60108:5[/dice:5d4y1ioc]
Benny to reroll
Psionics [dice:5d4y1ioc]60108:6[/dice:5d4y1ioc]
Wild [dice:5d4y1ioc]60108:7[/dice:5d4y1ioc]
Rapid Improved Flame Bolt 0, 19, 11
-2 MAP
Psionics [dice:5d4y1ioc]60108:8[/dice:5d4y1ioc]
Psionics [dice:5d4y1ioc]60108:9[/dice:5d4y1ioc]
Ace [dice:5d4y1ioc]60108:12[/dice:5d4y1ioc]
Psionics [dice:5d4y1ioc]60108:10[/dice:5d4y1ioc]
Ace [dice:5d4y1ioc]60108:13[/dice:5d4y1ioc]
Wild [dice:5d4y1ioc]60108:11[/dice:5d4y1ioc]
Flame Bolt damage 33, 36 MD
[dice:5d4y1ioc]60108:14[/dice:5d4y1ioc]
Ace [dice:5d4y1ioc]60108:16[/dice:5d4y1ioc]
[dice:5d4y1ioc]60108:15[/dice:5d4y1ioc]
Ace [dice:5d4y1ioc]60108:17[/dice:5d4y1ioc]
Night
Round 0

Too high on Chi-Cola and moonshine, Sierra had no fear as she jumped out of the Mountaineer and lit up her flaming aura. There really wasn’t enough space to fly in the tunnel. Steam rose around her, obscuring her form, as she blasted at the Clay Men.
Everything Burns
[dice:5d4y1ioc]60108:18[/dice:5d4y1ioc]
8-9: Water boils away over [dice:5d4y1ioc]60108:19[/dice:5d4y1ioc] rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.

Darksight: no illumination penalties (1 hour)
Deflection: -2 to incoming attacks, +2 Armor vs AoE; Shroud: -1 to ranged attacks
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
ISP: 19/40
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Adventure Card
  • Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
  • Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

The two remaining Clay Men near the Mountaineer are immolated where they stand, the water around them beginning to boil as @Sierra Mackenzie's fury burns them away to nothing.

Only the two Clay Men near @Norona and @White Castle still fight on.

Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Rolls, Damage: 38 AP 8
Spirit: [dice:2xrf3s41]60126:0[/dice:2xrf3s41]
Wild: [dice:2xrf3s41]60126:1[/dice:2xrf3s41]

Vigor: [dice:2xrf3s41]60126:2[/dice:2xrf3s41]
Wild: [dice:2xrf3s41]60126:3[/dice:2xrf3s41]

Fighting: [dice:2xrf3s41]60126:4[/dice:2xrf3s41]
Wild: [dice:2xrf3s41]60126:5[/dice:2xrf3s41]
EE (including Elan): [dice:2xrf3s41]60126:6[/dice:2xrf3s41]
Gives the raise so no need to roll the Ace

Strength: [dice:2xrf3s41]60126:7[/dice:2xrf3s41]
Ace: [dice:2xrf3s41]60126:9[/dice:2xrf3s41]
Spirit: [dice:2xrf3s41]60126:8[/dice:2xrf3s41]
Ace: [dice:2xrf3s41]60126:11[/dice:2xrf3s41]
Raise: [dice:2xrf3s41]60126:10[/dice:2xrf3s41]
As the group works its way deeper into the earth Kuikku suppresses a few yawns. As he does he checks everyone else to make sure they are not getting too tired. Seeing that everyone appears fine he relaxes a bit and of course that is when the attack happens. If not for Norona's warning Kuikku would not have been sure of what to make of the walls moving. Pausing for just a moment to see where he would be needed most he sees all the threats to the vehicles quickly dealt with. As a result he rushes forward to his scouts and attacks the clay man that manifest behind White Castle. Swinging the psi blade in a surasshuatto, slashing cut, Kuikku slices the clay man from shoulder to opposite hip turning it into a simple pile of clay.
Character
Kuikku
White Castle

Post by White Castle »

Kuikku wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:58 am
Rolls, Damage: 38 AP 8
Spirit: [dice:1tqid7pu]60126:0[/dice:1tqid7pu]
Wild: [dice:1tqid7pu]60126:1[/dice:1tqid7pu]

Vigor: [dice:1tqid7pu]60126:2[/dice:1tqid7pu]
Wild: [dice:1tqid7pu]60126:3[/dice:1tqid7pu]

Fighting: [dice:1tqid7pu]60126:4[/dice:1tqid7pu]
Wild: [dice:1tqid7pu]60126:5[/dice:1tqid7pu]
EE (including Elan): [dice:1tqid7pu]60126:6[/dice:1tqid7pu]
Gives the raise so no need to roll the Ace

Strength: [dice:1tqid7pu]60126:7[/dice:1tqid7pu]
Ace: [dice:1tqid7pu]60126:9[/dice:1tqid7pu]
Spirit: [dice:1tqid7pu]60126:8[/dice:1tqid7pu]
Ace: [dice:1tqid7pu]60126:11[/dice:1tqid7pu]
Raise: [dice:1tqid7pu]60126:10[/dice:1tqid7pu]
As the group works its way deeper into the earth Kuikku suppresses a few yawns. As he does he checks everyone else to make sure they are not getting too tired. Seeing that everyone appears fine he relaxes a bit and of course that is when the attack happens. If not for Norona's warning Kuikku would not have been sure of what to make of the walls moving. Pausing for just a moment to see where he would be needed most he sees all the threats to the vehicles quickly dealt with. As a result he rushes forward to his scouts and attacks the clay man that manifest behind White Castle. Swinging the psi blade in a surasshuatto, slashing cut, Kuikku slices the clay man from shoulder to opposite hip turning it into a simple pile of clay.
Castle feels the clayman grapple him and then recognizes the notable whoosh as @Kuikku separates the clayman from itself. Turning around quickly to face Kuikku, Castle lets his hands run through the clay as it crumbles into the water. Where is the power that animated them?

Investigation
Investigator: +2
[*] Investigation (1d10) [dice:1tqid7pu]60139:0[/dice:1tqid7pu]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:1tqid7pu]60139:1[/dice:1tqid7pu]
Castle nods his thanks to Kuikku and surveys the situation with @Norona.
Norona

Post by Norona »

Taking a moment to survey the situation Norona is not surprised by the extreme violence of his team mates. It is, unfortunately, the way of things in this hostile dimension. With only one creaure still standing - and directly in front of him at that - Norona takes a defensive stance (going full defense) and tries a somewhat diplomatic approach.

"Our quarrel is not with you. Begone before you too are destroyed and tell your people to grant us safe passage or more will die needlessly."
Intimidation 7
Intimidation (unskilled -2, offset by Charisma +2) [dice:1gf0axzt]60181:0[/dice:1gf0axzt]
Ace [dice:1gf0axzt]60181:2[/dice:1gf0axzt]
Wild [dice:1gf0axzt]60181:1[/dice:1gf0axzt]
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

The Clay Man's eyes narrow at @Norona, and the creature seems to melt away, turning into soft clay and disappearing beneath the water.

Norona can sense that the danger has passed, at least for the moment.

Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Kuikku looks around. "Anyone injured? No? Good. Reload, shake it off and let's keep going."
Character
Kuikku
Sierra Mackenzie

Night
Round 0

Sierra’s flames died down and she settled to the floor of the tunnel again. “Well, that was easier than I thought,” she commented. “You think that one you let go will be back with even more of his buddies, and even more prepared for us?” she asked Norona, only a slight accusation in her tone.
Everything Burns
[dice:1lvv4k66]60365:0[/dice:1lvv4k66]
8-9: Water boils away over [dice:1lvv4k66]60365:1[/dice:1lvv4k66] rounds.

Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Adventure Card
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Notice [dice:2sjyrfzv]60373:0[/dice:2sjyrfzv]
[dice:2sjyrfzv]60373:1[/dice:2sjyrfzv]

"Or mayhap, we got a little too trigger happy chummers?" Conrad opens up the hatch to speak to the others, "certainly, they will have heard that anyway, so we would be best to hurry."
Norona

Post by Norona »

Sierra Mackenzie wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:32 am “You think that one you let go will be back with even more of his buddies, and even more prepared for us?” she asked Norona, only a slight accusation in her tone.
"It's possible," Norona replies with a shrug. He seems unconcerned with Sierra's indignation. "It is also possible we bloodied their noses sufficiently to avoid wasting any more effort on them, and they on use. Our goal is to defeat the darkness, not its servants."

Not really waiting for her no doubt surly reply the elf takes up his position on the point and continues ranging ahead.

Notice (crit fail)
Notice [dice:3omx010k]60377:0[/dice:3omx010k]
Wild [dice:3omx010k]60377:1[/dice:3omx010k]
As he turns on his heel intent on making his point - stoic, aloof, and arrogant the wizened half-elf fails to notice a Gerald tree root protruding from the cavern floor. In an epic display of recklessness he goes ass-over-teakettle into a muddy depression left behind by a Clay Man.

Staring up at the cavern ceiling and covered in mud he simply mutters, "Now perhaps they will see me as one of them."
Sierra Mackenzie

Night
Round 0

Sierra’s surly reply was cut off as Norona went ass over teakettle into the mud. She sniggered. Then she giggled. Then she outright laughed, nearly slipping in the mud herself as she lost it.

“Oh, God, elf! That was great!” Sierra sniggered, offering Norona a hand up. “You should have seen your face!”
Everything Burns
[dice:oj3opllo]60431:0[/dice:oj3opllo]
8-9: Water boils away over [dice:oj3opllo]60431:1[/dice:oj3opllo] rounds.

Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Adventure Card
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

In The Dark

The danger has passed for the moment, and the team is left with a clear path (for the moment) farther into the tunnels. Unfortunately, you find that the Clay Men do not take kindly to your presence, and they pop up at unpredictable times to harass and assault the party.

A Quick Encounter for a Long Trek
The path through the tunnels will take the team approximately two hours. You may choose and roll any skill and then narrate what your character does during the trek. Due to the darkness, the water, and the harassing clay men, make your rolls at a -4 penalty.

Should you fail your roll, take 1 wound. If you should crit fail, take 1d4 wounds. If you succeed, gain a level of Fatigue for Bumps & Bruises, and if you succeed with a raise, you make it through unscathed.

For Conrad: If Conrad should fail his roll, he may choose to have the Mountaineer take a Wound (or 1d4 Wounds in the event of a crit fail) instead of Conrad.

Players may post in any order.

Norona

Post by Norona »

Tracking 0
Tracking [dice:hdgxx9ly]60487:0[/dice:hdgxx9ly]
Wild [dice:hdgxx9ly]60487:1[/dice:hdgxx9ly]
Offset: +2 from Woodsman, -4 from scene, net -2
While he knew it was possible the clay men would return, Norona moved forward with the hope they would choose not to enter this fight. His hope, and his skull, were quickly dashed as clay men surrounded them once more. As before the clay men appeared from the mud, this time coming up put of the floor. Norona spotted their movement in time to call the alarm but not in enough time to shift his defensive posture. An arm seeped up from below grabbing hold of him while another creature hammered him hard in the head.

The only good news is that he was occupying two of them at once which made the vulnerable to counter attack by the group. Standing unsteadily while holding his head the elf tried desperately to clear the cobwebs before the next assault. "No wonder dwarves are so surly. The underground is vile and dank."
White Castle

Post by White Castle »

Having found nothing of value in the Clay Men remains he searched, Castle scouts ahead of the convoy trying to predict as best as he can, when and where the Clay Men will likely appear.

Survival 12 _
Scene Modifier: -4
Woodsman: +2
Elan +2
[*] Survival (1d8) [dice:3ca7b61f]60488:0[/dice:3ca7b61f]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:3ca7b61f]60488:1[/dice:3ca7b61f]
Benny for Reroll
[*] Survival (1d8) [dice:3ca7b61f]60488:2[/dice:3ca7b61f]
[*] Aced! Survival (1d8+8) [dice:3ca7b61f]60488:4[/dice:3ca7b61f]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:3ca7b61f]60488:3[/dice:3ca7b61f]
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

repair 9
OOC Comments
[dice:1i9ibpcf]60491:0[/dice:1i9ibpcf] [dice:1i9ibpcf]60491:2[/dice:1i9ibpcf]
[dice:1i9ibpcf]60491:1[/dice:1i9ibpcf]
Each time the clay men attacked, they'd manage to cause a few dents in the Mountaineer but he kept all key systems on line as the others dealt with them.
Sierra Mackenzie

Psionics 26
-4 difficulty
Psionics [dice:21eolwev]60554:0[/dice:21eolwev]
Ace [dice:21eolwev]60554:2[/dice:21eolwev]
Ace [dice:21eolwev]60554:3[/dice:21eolwev]
Wild [dice:21eolwev]60554:1[/dice:21eolwev]
Night
Round 0

Sierra took flaming shots at the clay men when they appeared, but she soon got fed up. “This is bullshit!” she said, taking a long drink of her moonshine. “Fucking mud men. Let’s see how you do with no mud.”

Launching out of the vehicle, Sierra flew ahead. She stretched her flaming aura out to encompas the entire width of the tunnel. Moving ahead of the team, steam erupted as water evaporated, and the mud started to back and crack in the heat. Clay men cried out in agony as they were cooked alive, turned into solid clay statues even as they tried to flee the baking mud.
Everything Burns
[dice:21eolwev]60554:4[/dice:21eolwev]
8-9: Water boils away over [dice:21eolwev]60554:5[/dice:21eolwev] rounds.

Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Adventure Card
Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Fighting 12
[dice:1ezzlvnp]60555:0[/dice:1ezzlvnp]
[dice:1ezzlvnp]60555:1[/dice:1ezzlvnp]
[dice:1ezzlvnp]60555:2[/dice:1ezzlvnp]
[dice:1ezzlvnp]60555:3[/dice:1ezzlvnp]

As the group continued down the tunnel the mud men continued to try to stop them. Soon Kuikku finds a pattern to the attacks. When he does instead of becoming frustrated at the slow progress they were making he chooses a kata that allows him to anticipate the timing and location of the next attack. As a result he is able to proceed down the tunnel in a state of neutral bliss. When the party reaches the end of the tunnel it comes as almost a surprise to him.
Character
Kuikku
Toshiro 'Cybermonk'

Stealth - 11
Stealth [dice:1a1zl7ct]60568:0[/dice:1a1zl7ct]
Wild [dice:1a1zl7ct]60568:1[/dice:1a1zl7ct]
Ace! [dice:1a1zl7ct]60568:2[/dice:1a1zl7ct]
Bennie to EE, with Elan [dice:1a1zl7ct]60568:3[/dice:1a1zl7ct]
As soon as Sierra turns up the heat, Toshiro sends a message to the mountaineer, knowing it has the most advanced systems for detecting things in the dark.

Going to hang back. Surprise them from behind. Keep an eye on me in case something happens.

With all eyes on Sierra - though it physically hurts to look at her she is burning so brightly - Toshiro pulls away from the group. Stretching his sensors to their limits he hangs to very edge of the wall, avoiding every pothole in the floor, not stepping on a single loose rock or patch of gravel. Before long, exactly what Toshiro had expected occurs. With Sierra's fire baking the approach from in front of them, the claymen had regrouped behind the Legion and were preparing an assault from the direction.

Toshiro - completely un-detected, sends a message off to the mountaineer.

8 Claymen at rear preparing to attack. Don't indicate that you know. I will attack from behind when they attack you.

When the claymen finally attack, using a bend in the cavern to get closer to the group than they could have otherwise, they find the Legion ready to whip around and address the threat without hesitation. What's worse, they find that they are caught between their targets in front and Toshiro behind, fighting on two fronts. They are quickly dispatched without harm to any of Legionnaires.
OOC Comments

Active Effects

-1 for shooting reroll
-2 for agility rerolls

Edit Signature
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

Deezy keeps laying down fire with her Omniblaster, until she realizes belatedly that it hasn't got an infinite supply of PPE to fire. At a crucial moment the weapon runs dry, and in the time it takes her to recharge it, a clay monster takes a swipe at her!

Rolls: Shooting 2
Shooting [dice:cb6u0skc]60824:0[/dice:cb6u0skc] or [dice:cb6u0skc]60824:1[/dice:cb6u0skc]
Dang, benny for that
[dice:cb6u0skc]60824:2[/dice:cb6u0skc] or [dice:cb6u0skc]60824:3[/dice:cb6u0skc]
Ugh, one more...
[dice:cb6u0skc]60824:4[/dice:cb6u0skc] or [dice:cb6u0skc]60824:5[/dice:cb6u0skc]

Bleh
OOC Comments

Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances

Edges

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Gear

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Everyone Make a Notice Roll. The darkness penalty is still -6, unless negated by external sources of light, powers, etc.

After a few hours of travel through the dark (and regular harassment from the clay men), you come across a small (vehicles won't fit, but individuals up to size 3 can fit through) access tunnel that leads to a door that is slightly ajar.

Those party members who use PPE can sense the presence of a ley line nearby; it is not a particularly strong one, but it is certainly strong enough to draw upon.
The Ley Line
The ley line is located right above what's at the end of the small access tunnel. The lines are still acting wonky, so roll your arcane skill at -2 if you want to draw power from it. As this isn't a tactical combat situation, you may roll one time to refill your entire PPE reserve, rather than rolling repeatedly for the minutes you may spend in the room.
Read This if You Approach the Door
Any who go into the room, you find a room full of partially submerged computer equipment and monitors; this was clearly once an operations center of some kind.
Read this if You Succeed on Your Notice Roll and Approach the Room
Anyone who succeeds on their notice roll and enters the room will find 1 piece of adventuring gear of choice from the TLPG or 1 full reload of a personal weapon of choice (be it by e-clip, shells, or otherwise). Anyone who succeeds with a raise also finds 1d4 x 10,000 credits worth of pre-rifts artifacts in the room, either in the form of computer equipment, Disney memorabilia, etc.

Sierra Mackenzie

Notice 5
Darkvision
Notice [dice:24ipu8mu]60883:0[/dice:24ipu8mu]
Wild [dice:24ipu8mu]60883:1[/dice:24ipu8mu]
Night
Round 0

Sierra motioned to the vehicles to stop.

“There’s a door,” she said. “It’s partially open.”

Carefully she moved along to the door and potentially peek through the slight crack. Seeing no threats, she slipped inside. “Looks like some kind of operations center,” she said.

Sierra picked up a black skull cap with two round extensions. It looked like mouse ears. She noticed some techno-wizard circuitry on the inside. “Oh, cool!” She popped it on her head. “How do I look?” She grinned.

OOC: Psionic Mind Shield
Everything Burns
[dice:24ipu8mu]60883:2[/dice:24ipu8mu]
8-9: Water boils away over [dice:24ipu8mu]60883:3[/dice:24ipu8mu] rounds.

Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Adventure Card
Norona

Post by Norona »

Ley Line
Channeling [dice:19u28evn]60946:0[/dice:19u28evn]
Wild [dice:19u28evn]60946:1[/dice:19u28evn]
-2 = 4 success
Notice 7
Notice [dice:19u28evn]60946:2[/dice:19u28evn]
Wild [dice:19u28evn]60946:3[/dice:19u28evn]
The rpesence of a ley line is comforting. Given the missteps and trials to get this far the warm comfort of mystical energy helps put the elf at ease. He takes a quiet moment to replenish his mental reserves. Approaching the door Norona does a quick visual scan as he enters the room, "This appears to have been a command centre," he reports as he sifts through the submerged equipment. Spotting a battered case with with a red cross on a white background Norona purses his lips and furrows his brow trying to remember the significance of the symbol. Popping the seals on the case reveals a very well preserved IRMSS system - likely pre-dating the cataclysm. He checks the device to find it fully charged.

Looking at Sierra he smiles, "Perhaps this can help with your internal damage."
White Castle

Post by White Castle »

Notice 7
Scene Mod: -6
Investigator: +2
[*] Notice (1d8) [dice:cl8uvdvl]60981:0[/dice:cl8uvdvl]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:cl8uvdvl]60981:1[/dice:cl8uvdvl]
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) [dice:cl8uvdvl]60981:3[/dice:cl8uvdvl]
Castle looks at the room in awe. Water had caused table legs to rot and rust and the weight of the electronics had caused the tables to collapse and sink into the murky and muddy sludge.

Pulling his survival knife out, as his other tools were tucked away, Castle began prying the submerged electronics' casings away. What he found, did not surprise him. Most of the circuitry was encased in a hardened limestone shell or slimed thoroughly in white clay.

Castle carefully set aside everything that he cracked open and examined. @Deezy Klatta "Some of these cases could be repurposed for your rig. They have lasted for over 300 years and the mud and clay have reinforced them in a unique way." He holds up a case to demonstrate and points to the brick hard consistency of the mud scales.

He continues to rummage and sift through the room.

At one point, he walks back out the door and down the direction they arrived at the door. Taking a pace count he does some rough estimates and heads back into the room. Finding an empty wall, he unrolls an oilskin map. Carefully measuring, he draws a rough cone shape and then begins identifying everything that lays beneath that cone.

"Lot of good old pre-Rift locations that we could be at right now. We are certainly underground and that narrows it down a bit more. Maybe got a good solid six locations."

"This location was built originally above the water table. When the southern coast flooded, this location had no way to pump out the water. Hence the submerged operation center."

"The door is ordinary but reinforced. Not designed to be sealed, like a vault, it is still sturdy enough to have withstood the weathering of several hundred years."
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Conrad
[dice:18kvz41h]60993:0[/dice:18kvz41h]
[dice:18kvz41h]60993:1[/dice:18kvz41h]

Jameson
[dice:18kvz41h]60993:2[/dice:18kvz41h]
[dice:18kvz41h]60993:3[/dice:18kvz41h]

Preoccupied with the clay creatures and the tunnel, Conrad misses the tunnel, but Jameson does not.

"What's that?" she says tapping the grack's shoulder.

"You go down and check it out with the others chummer." Conrad replies, shining lights down the corridor, but embarrassed that he missed it.

As Jameson looks around, she finds an old grenade launcher with a full load of ammo. A bit of TLC from Conrad and it would be ready to fire.
Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Notice: 9
[dice:3e33bz8b]60998:0[/dice:3e33bz8b]
[dice:3e33bz8b]60998:1[/dice:3e33bz8b]
EE plus elan: [dice:3e33bz8b]60998:2[/dice:3e33bz8b]
I have enough bennies to burn this way.
As the party digs around looking for neat stuff Kuikku nods at some of the finds. Chuckling he says “Sierra, you look magnificent!” However, he does not really see anything that catches his eye. He goes to stand close to a corner when he notices a small pile of black cloth. Lifting it up he ends up holding what appears to be a high collared black cloak. Looking it over he finds a name embroidered just below the collar: Mal__cent. I wonder who Mal was.

That is when he realizes that the stuff covered by the cloak is in amazingly good condition. He finds several magazines and pamphlets and one page that folds out to show a stylized map. There are several areas listed on the map, each with its own theme, but it is not clear where it is attempting to show. There are also a few enameled pins one of which looks like some poorly rendered Fennodi with large circles for ears, similar to the hat that Sierra found. ”Look Sierra, you might have a mascot now.” he jokes as he tosses the pin to her. Tosses the cloak on and scoops up the rest of the stuff. This stuff might have some value.

Shadow Cloak and 30k loot
[dice:3e33bz8b]60998:3[/dice:3e33bz8b]
The cloak grants +2 to Stealth and the fear and invisibility powers. It costs 1 Power Point to charge for one hour.
Character
Kuikku
Sierra Mackenzie

Night
Round 0

Sierra smiled at Norona. “Thanks, elf, but save it. Your last healing took care of me,” she assured him. “I don’t doubt we’ll need it soon enough,” she admitted. The clay men weren’t leaving them alone.

Sierra laughed at Kuikku’s joke and caught the pin he tossed her. “Yeah. I wonder what these things are for,” she said, fingering the fabric circles that stood up from her new psionic mind shield.

Heading over to Deezy, Sierra pulled the cap off. “Think you can put this in my helmet?” she asked.

((OOC: I’m not sure if it would need to be TWed to be fireproof if the helmet is already fireproof. I would lean not, but up to Timmy.))
Everything Burns
[dice:1323bxck]61060:0[/dice:1323bxck]
8-9: Water boils away over [dice:1323bxck]61060:1[/dice:1323bxck] rounds.

Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Read the Flames
Adventure Card
Toshiro 'Cybermonk'

Notice
(+2 for expanded detection array, +2 for cyber eye)
Notice [dice:1hzw2p4i]61071:0[/dice:1hzw2p4i]
Wild [dice:1hzw2p4i]61071:1[/dice:1hzw2p4i]
Toshiro shakes his head as the rest of the group walks with confidence down the cooridor that gets increasingly dark as it moves farther and farther away from the lights of the Mountaineer.

Begrudgingly, he pops back into the mountaineer for a moment to grab a flashlight. As he turns it on, he regrets not carrying a one handed weapon. Both his shotgun and Retribution would both be near impossible to use effectively while also carrying the flashlight. With that in mind, Toshiro sets the flashlight down on a dry flat surface every chance he gets. His enhanced eyesight doesn't need anything other than the light reflected off of the walls to function anyway.

When they come to the control room Toshiro sets the flashlight down and joins the others in scouring the room for useful gear. There is much that Toshiro would find useful. Maybe some of the stuff had some arcane properties - the like the odd cap Sierra discovered apparently did - but none of that would be of any use to Toshiro.

Surprisingly, in what was once a locked closet, Toshiro does find some advanced weaponry, including some shotgun shells that he can retrofit to use with his own. He pockets the shells and hauls the weaponry back to the Mountaineer, figuring even if it doesnt work it should fetch a decent price as salvage for parts and pieces. Search complete - grabs the flashlight and watches the hallway which they just came down for any pursuit - claymen or otherwise.
Loot

[dice:1hzw2p4i]61071:2[/dice:1hzw2p4i] x 10,000 credits
50 Shells (1 reload) for the GAW Throwback
OOC Comments

Active Effects

-1 for shooting reroll
-2 for agility rerolls

Edit Signature
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

Deezy nods at the advice from a teammate and peers more closely at the containers.

"I can always use more places to put stuff. Remind me to drag a few outta here when we're done."

Moving farther in, she lowers her helmet's visor and engages its advanced optical systems, bathing the room in a pastiche of computer-enhanced colors and images.

Rolls
Notice [dice:1nqeto2p]61098:0[/dice:1nqeto2p] or [dice:1nqeto2p]61098:1[/dice:1nqeto2p]

Hm. Are we still on the old usage of Machine Maestro? Cuz using that with her helmet optics would give her enough of a bonus to get a raise. :)
OOC Comments

Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances

Edges

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Gear

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Return to “Adventure Archive”