Convert or...?

GM: Freemage
They are lead by Osanna "Joker" Wilde, a real wild card.
The 7th SET is the premiere special exploration team comprised of some of the most amazing and unique characters.

Convert?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:09 am

1: The plan makes sense. Let's do this thing!
100%
2: You should've converted us already, slacker, then we wouldn't have to interrupt the quarter! Oh, well, let's get it over with.
No votes
3: I'm gonna need another quarter or two to have time to do any of this conversion stuff, unless someone helps me out.
No votes
4: Never Say SWADE!
No votes

Total votes: 6

Freemage
Savage Senior

Convert or...?

Post by Freemage »

As mentioned in Hangout and Direct Message, I'm thinking this is the time to convert--you guys are about to have the ability to go on a major shopping spree, and limiting you to just the SWD books seems unfair, since Kingsdale has So. Much. Stuff. for sale. (Some of it is easier or harder to find, though.)

So, my thinking is that we put the plot on pause, here--you guys have the current scene you can continue to post in, and of course the Briefing Room is available for open RP.

During the bottom half of the month, y'all convert your characters. Or you can decide you want to go new, of course. If you opt for this, I will let you write yourself out--you can get called back to HQ on an emergency basis, get murdered in a back-alley brawl, I can probably even come up with something plot-specific, if you like.

Anyone making a new character has already been assigned as a liaison to Kingsdale, following the events of the 24th; they'll be ordered to join the Jokers because of short-handedness.

I'm hoping two weeks of relative downtime will be enough to do conversions; I'll try to assist anyone who needs it.

So, lemme know what you think. (Note that 1 or 2 are both votes for conversion per the plan. I'm just letting you SWADEphiles vent at the delay.)

Final note: ALL characters are eligible for conversion, including non-standard Races. We built 'em once, we can do it again. Sara should be doable with the rules for Intelligent Constructs, I think--they're shockingly flexible. Chok'lat is likely to be more old-school hands-on Race Building.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Sara Turner

Re: Convert or...?

Post by Sara Turner »

Which books have the construct rules? Will they work with the TW kitbash we did on her?
Character Tracker
Sara Turner Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 18 (7); Pace: 4 (Run d4); Charisma: -2
ISP: 35/35; PPE: 4/5
  • Powers: Smite, Telekinesis, Telepathy/Telemechanics
Rifle Ammo: 30/30
  • Reloads: 2 x 30 shots
  • Freeze: 20/20
    • Reloads: 2 x 20 shots
  • Burn: 20/20
Pistol Ammo: 21
  • Reloads: 2 x 21 shots
Frag Grenades x18
Brave: +2 Fear tests
Gadgeteer (1/S): Jury-rig Psionics device, 1d20 minutes. - USED: Barrier device
  • Armor, barrier, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, clairvoyance, conceal arcana, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, disguise, dispel, divination, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fear, fly, havoc, healing, illusion, intangibility, invisibility, mind reading, pummel, puppet, slow, slumber, smite, speak language, stun, telekinesis, telepathy, teleport, warrior’s gift
Magical Entity: Susceptible to detect arcana, banish, dispel, and drain power points
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10. This ability does not affect powers that have Range of Self or Touch.
  • Ley line doubles these bonuses.
Mentalist: +2 on opposed Psionics rolls
Mr. Fixit: Halve Repair times with a Raise.
Mystical Construct: +2 recover from Shaken, don’t breathe, immune to disease and poison
Nerves of Steel (+Construct): Ignore 2 Wound modifiers
Powered: 1 PPE/h to remain active.
Bennies: 1/4
Adventure Card
  • Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.

Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Acc/TS: 3/11
Toughness: 35 (17)
Weapons: Heavy Railgun: Range: 100/200/400; Damage: 4d10+4 MD, AP 18; RoF 3; 118 Shots; 5 Mod Slots
Vehicle Mod Slots Remaining: 7
Crew: 2+6
Handling: +1
Amphibious: half speed
All-Terrain: difficult terrain only costs 1.5x movement
Targeting System: +2 Shooting with vehicle weapons
Sensors: +2 Notice for pilot or co-pilot
Steady Hands: Vehicle weapons don’t suffer unstable platform penalty
Leaping: 4” vertical, 8” horizontal
Driving: +1 Die Type
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

@Sara Turner Empires of Humanity, and yes a construct is totally allowed to be designed with AB and as a product of AB.

I know @Snake Eyes is not fully read up on SWADE, so I would be more than willing to convert @Chok'lat for him.

I am of course 100% eager to go to SWADE myself.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Voted.

I was considering a change from Herra (although SWADE Mind Melters are awesome, especially since I'd be cranking her up to Veteran rank). However, I kind of want to test the elemental fusionist. Herra also has any easy out as she can return to the Moonhunter Tribe to be an elder.

Fusionist: https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.ph ... 492#p59968

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
SnackHappy
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by SnackHappy »

I am torn as to whether I should keep snack or create new.
Character Summary
Jacob ‘Snack Happy’ Grimlock a M.A.R.S. Robot Armor Pilot
Active effects: None
Parry: 6 (8 w/Cestus)
Toughness: 20(9)/35(17) in Sasha
Notable Edges: Professional, Expert, Ace, Combat Ace, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Quick, Robot Armor Jock, McGyver, Two-Fisted, Rock and Roll, Ambidextrous, Command, Tactician
Skills: Notice d6, Repair d8 +2,Knowledge(Battle) d6, Knowledge(Electronics) d8, Piloting d10+2, Driving d6+2, Fighting d8, Shooting d12+2
Equipment of Note:
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic(Modified):+9 Armor and +2 Toughness, Full Environmental; Comms (10 miles), Loudspeakers, laser distancer, night vision mode,Laser Torch (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage), Laser Finger (Str+d4 in melee reach 1 Strength d6 arm, +2 Repair checks)
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Laser Pistol (Range 18/36/72, Damage 2d6+1, RoF 1, AP 4, 24 Shots, Semi-Auto)

NG-V61 Gunwolf(Sasha): Size 6, Crew 2 modded for tail copilot, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35 (17), Pace 10
Notes: M.D.C. Armor
Weapon Systems:
  • 2 × Dual-linked Medium RailGuns (right forearm)|(Range 100/200/400, +1 to hit, Damage 3d10+6, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium Ion Cannon (left forearm) | (Range 40/80/160, Damage 4d8, RoF 1, AP 4, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • Medium Missile Launcher (chest) |(Range 200/400/800, Damage 8d6, RoF 1, AP 15, 4 Shots, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • 2 × Dual-Linked Light Laser (eyes) | (Range 150/300/600, +1 to hit, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, AP 5, Mega Damage)
  • Heavy Flamethrower (jaws). A heavy chemical flamethrower, the damage ignores all but Full Environment Protection armor (Range Cone, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, Mega Damage)
  • Assault Jaws/Claws/Rail gun spikes. The Gunwolf has a number of close combat weapons built-in (Damage d12+d8+6, AP 2, Mega Damage)
  • Wolf’s Howl Transmitter Array. As an action, the pilot activates this system, affecting all targets within a Large Burst Template centered on the Gunwolf (the Gunwolf itself is immune). Victims must make a Smarts roll at −2 or be Shaken (−4 if the target has some kind of enhanced hearing, GM’s call).
Jump Jets To jump, the pilot uses an action to make a Piloting roll to both maneuver his walker and manage his power reserves. Each round spent jumping increases his height 50 feet. Each subsequent round spent jumping (essentially flying) afterwards inflicts a –2 to the Piloting roll, cumulative to a maximum of –6. Failure means the walker descends immediately (a critical failure results in a fall; you suffer (6+X)d6 damage, where X = Height/10).
You may also make a Death From Above attack by landing on an enemy vehicle or armor unit. This is an opposed roll of your Piloting vs. their Piloting/Driving/Boating Skill. If you fail, it is treated as a 20' Fall (8d6 damage). If you succeed, you land on top of them, doing (6+X)d6 damage, where X is your starting Height/10.

Ammo:
  • 12 medium missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    80 shots for Flamethrower
    24 BigBore Shells
Razorback Cloak (unenchanted, crafted from exotic materials)
  • Created from the hides of boars mutated with demonic magic; the metal-infused spines and razor-sharp edges often seem to flex in the defense of the wearer.
  • Grants +2 to opposed rolls whenever the wearer is in a Grapple (whether it's a Strength/Agility roll to break free, or a Fighting roll to inflict damage).
  • When worn, the wearer gains the benefits of the Extraction and Combat Sense Edges (if they have either of these Edges already, they gain the Improved version).
  • However, the shiny material and grating, rasping noise they make when worn give the wearer a -2 penalty to Stealth rolls.
  • 2 lbs
  • Value: 25,000 Cr, in part because they aren't exactly attractive.
NG-B50 Thunderer Combat Hammer
Str+d10+3d6
Notes: Mega Damage. BigBore shells provide the +3d6 and must be reloaded after 8 strikes.
BigBore shells cost 125 credits each (1,000 credits for a full reload). (Silvered)

C-29 “Hellfire” Heavy Plasma Cannon
18/36/72 3d10+4
Notes: Min Str d8, Mega Damage, Snapfire. Plasma hits all of a target at once, ignoring Armor unless
it’s fully covering. Targets may ignite (6 on a d6), burning for 1d10 continuous damage until doused.

LongTooth Clan Tail Cestus (Super-Tech Signature Item)
This cestus, custom crafted for Jacob's tail by the Longtooth Clan of the Dinosaur Swamp, lets him clear a large arc of enemies; it also serves as a constant reminder of surviving the Xiticix Hive there, and so renders him immune to fear.
Base Item: Chain Longsword (Str + 2d8 MD, AP 4)
  • ST Mods (8 points)
  • Parry +2 (2 pts)
  • Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Improved Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Fearless (2 pts)
  • Modified per loot to add +2 AP off of hero's journey
Credits: 158,370

Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | Action Cards: Second Wind, Spill the Beans, Extra Effort
Bennies: 3/3

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

@Freemage I would suggest character swaps be at the same earned XP as the character being retired. Likewise I suggest a new player coming in be allowed to make a character within 4 ranks of the rest of the team (if not the same rank).

For remaking characters I need to see what @Ozzati/@Sgt 86Delta does. If he remakes and is still a TW then no biggy, but if he goes another rout then I will go full on alchemist with Roy.

Alternately I have a dragon (whom you know well) named @Kidemonas who was in a game that died (likewise as you know well). I would maybe ask to remake him as a Great Horned and bring him in.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

I know that I am ahead of the next set of world books, specifically the South America book.

Ozzati was my attempt at an Amaki Stone Man (Rifts - World Book 9 - South America 2 (154-5). Still planning to TW.

Only other consideration was a First Nation T-Man.

Both require some work.
Sarge's Roles _

GM of a Vauxhall Knights Campaign

Player Characters - Savage Rifts Groups
  • Architect, Chaing-Ku - Vampire Hunters
  • Silverclaws, Wolfen MARS Techno-Warrior - 18th COT
  • Xero X Kalvin, Psi-Stalker Chiller (Burster Variant) - 12th AAT
  • Doc Olliday, D'Norr Cyber Doc/Weird Scientist - 24th COT
  • Luke, In'Valian MARS Rogue Scholar/Super Scientist - 77th CIT
  • Asher Black, Human Information Broker - Level 4: Shattered Dreams
  • Ozzati, Trimadore Techno-Wizard - 7th SET
  • White Castle, Human MARS Rogue Scholar/Legacy Scout - The 32nd
Player Characters - Savage Dimensions
[*]
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Growler »

I will be making my Mouseling Mystic. If needed, he can be a mutant animal, but I would prefer him to be a DB.
Growler
Main Character: Tiny Tim
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Berk
Pace: 8 [12] (d8); Parry: 6 (8); Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 40 / 40
PP: 15 / 15

Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 2/3
Base Amount
-1 due Reroll on Navigation Roll
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Sgt 86Delta wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:48 pm I know that I am ahead of the next set of world books, specifically the South America book.

Ozzati was my attempt at an Amaki Stone Man (Rifts - World Book 9 - South America 2 (154-5). Still planning to TW.

Only other consideration was a First Nation T-Man.

Both require some work.
Cool,
Then no need for me to take item creation as you will have them both free included in your IF
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

What do we use for Starting Rank?

I have 58 Experience, but we are about to award XP and I have 19 posts, and will likely make two more. So will I be making a Heroic 12 advance character or a Heroic 13 advance character?
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Everyone should take their current, then an Advance for this Quarter. *nods* So H2 for you. (I refuse outright to use the level nomenclature that requires me to do algebra to figure out the actual Rank. I am prepared to die upon this hill.)
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Freemage wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:31 am Everyone should take their current, then an Advance for this Quarter. *nods* So H2 for you. (I refuse outright to use the level nomenclature that requires me to do algebra to figure out the actual Rank. I am prepared to die upon this hill.)
Great,
Thanks.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Freemage wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:31 am Everyone should take their current, then an Advance for this Quarter. *nods* So H2 for you. (I refuse outright to use the level nomenclature that requires me to do algebra to figure out the actual Rank. I am prepared to die upon this hill.)
I will go ahead with Amaki Stone Man Techno-Wizard.

Figured he traveled to North America via a Pyramid conduit to former Oklahoma City..
Sarge's Roles _

GM of a Vauxhall Knights Campaign

Player Characters - Savage Rifts Groups
  • Architect, Chaing-Ku - Vampire Hunters
  • Silverclaws, Wolfen MARS Techno-Warrior - 18th COT
  • Xero X Kalvin, Psi-Stalker Chiller (Burster Variant) - 12th AAT
  • Doc Olliday, D'Norr Cyber Doc/Weird Scientist - 24th COT
  • Luke, In'Valian MARS Rogue Scholar/Super Scientist - 77th CIT
  • Asher Black, Human Information Broker - Level 4: Shattered Dreams
  • Ozzati, Trimadore Techno-Wizard - 7th SET
  • White Castle, Human MARS Rogue Scholar/Legacy Scout - The 32nd
Player Characters - Savage Dimensions
[*]
Sara Turner

Post by Sara Turner »

Hm. The Intelligent Construct rules could work, but certain things don't fit Sara. Core Directive and Inorganic are problems. She was designed to be upgraded using a mash up of TW/cyber rules (TW, but with Strain=1 for minor, 2 for major). Also her susceptibility to Dispel, Drain, and Banish.
Character Tracker
Sara Turner Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 18 (7); Pace: 4 (Run d4); Charisma: -2
ISP: 35/35; PPE: 4/5
  • Powers: Smite, Telekinesis, Telepathy/Telemechanics
Rifle Ammo: 30/30
  • Reloads: 2 x 30 shots
  • Freeze: 20/20
  • Burn: 20/20
Pistol Ammo: 21
  • Reloads: 2 x 21 shots
Frag Grenades x18
Brave: +2 Fear tests
Gadgeteer (1/S): Jury-rig Psionics device, 1d20 minutes. - USED: Barrier device
  • Armor, barrier, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, clairvoyance, conceal arcana, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, disguise, dispel, divination, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fear, fly, havoc, healing, illusion, intangibility, invisibility, mind reading, pummel, puppet, slow, slumber, smite, speak language, stun, telekinesis, telepathy, teleport, warrior’s gift
Magical Entity: Susceptible to detect arcana, banish, dispel, and drain power points
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10. This ability does not affect powers that have Range of Self or Touch.
  • Ley line doubles these bonuses.
Mentalist: +2 on opposed Psionics rolls
Mr. Fixit: Halve Repair times with a Raise.
Mystical Construct: +2 recover from Shaken, don’t breathe, immune to disease and poison
Nerves of Steel (+Construct): Ignore 2 Wound modifiers
Powered: 1 PPE/h to remain active.
Bennies: 1/4
Adventure Card
  • Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.

Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Acc/TS: 3/11
Toughness: 35 (17)
Weapons: Heavy Railgun: Range: 100/200/400; Damage: 4d10+4 MD, AP 18; RoF 3; 118 Shots; 5 Mod Slots
Vehicle Mod Slots Remaining: 7
Crew: 2+6
Handling: +1
Amphibious: half speed
All-Terrain: difficult terrain only costs 1.5x movement
Targeting System: +2 Shooting with vehicle weapons
Sensors: +2 Notice for pilot or co-pilot
Steady Hands: Vehicle weapons don’t suffer unstable platform penalty
Leaping: 4” vertical, 8” horizontal
Driving: +1 Die Type
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

@KahlessNestor I'm going to recopy what I posted in the Hangout as a possible Feature for Sara:

+1 Modular Design (Cannot have Form-Locked Physiology)
Some rare Intelligent Constructs were designed to be modified over time. While the total number of points must remain the same, the Intelligent Construct can swap out some Features for others. Doing so requires assistance from a Gadgeteer (Technological System), Techno-Wizard (TW System) or Spellcaster with Major Item Creation (Arcane System).
Modification requires two steps:
First, the new mod must be built. This requires parts equal to 20,000 Credits x the point-cost of the new Feature. It also requires a Build Roll, as follows:
Tech System: Lowest of Engineering and Repair
TW System: Lowest of TW, Occult and Repair
Arcane System: Lowest of Occult and Spellcasting
This roll is at a penalty equal to the point cost of the Feature, and takes 1d6 days +2 days/point. It is further penalized by Obxcure Construction.
Failure means the time is lost, as are half the materials. A Critical Failure destroys all of the materials.
Second, the item needs to be installed. This takes 1d6 hours, +1 hour/point, and requires an installation roll. This roll is identical to the Build Roll. A failure wastes the time in the attempt, while a Critical Failure also destroys the built mod.
During Installation, the Construct is completely shut down (treat as Incapacitated by Fatigue).
When a new Feature is installed, old Features of equal point-cost must be removed. These removed features are then considered 'built' for purposes of re-installation at a later time; thus, over time, the Construct can have a selection of options available for being able to adapt to specific situations.

I will also say that if you take Obscure Construction, and Kim Black survives the last arc of the New West game, so long as you are wherever she is located, she does not suffer the Obscure Construction penalties while fixing you or making/installing new mods.

It's not quite the same, but basically it assumes that she is already at 'max strain' in her design features right now (or rather, upon conversion), and thus is just changing out gear. The cost was meant to approximate the cost of similar TW gear without making it too clunky to figure out a price. And if you don't take Obscure Construction, then any TW would be able to do the mod-building and installation rolls.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

And she'd lose the susceptibility to Drain, et al.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Dragon Rod
Does Strength + 3d6 MD in melee combat
Blue-Grey Metal
Weapon has a personality--in this case, that of a somewhat arrogant, though noble and courageous dragon--and can communicate telepathically with one who holds it.
Bond after six months of regular contact; once this is established, the owner and gun can sense one another within four miles, and the gun can use telepathy to communicate as well
Only someone who aligns with the weapon's personality can wield it, and it can sense whether or not the would-be owner has the proper traits; in this case, it requires Heroic (must-have), and after that seeks Code of Honor, Loyal and Overconfident characters. It will not work with Greedy, Bloodthirsty or Mean characters.
Limited Powers (3/day each, using modified No Power Points rules below):
Limited Powers may be cast using Arcane Skill die, or Spirit die.
Circle of Fire (Barrier, Fire trapping): (Creates a 5” long, 1” high wall of fire at Smarts Range, in a circle formation. This wall is solid, but does 2d4 Mega-damage to anyone coming into contact with it, and has Hardness 10. The wall lasts for 5 rounds, and may be maintained after that by adding a -1 penalty to all subsequent rolls to activate the Rod’s Powers. No Penalty; for a Penalty of -1, the circumference of the circle becomes 10”, and it goes 2” high.
Metamorphosis: Human (Disguise, Flesh-morph Trapping): 10 minute duration, which can be maintained by taking a -1 Penalty to other casting rolls; makes target(s) appear as someone else. Includes clothing. This disguise is perfect, including voice and smell, and impossible to discern physically. The new form can be up to 2 sizes different from the target’s original Size. This is cast at no Penalty. The wielder may increase the penalty by -1 for every two additional targets they wish to include in the effect.)
Fly (Fly: Winds Trapping, self only): Gusts of wind carry the caster along at up to 24”, or up to 48” with a Raise, at no Penalty, for a duration of 5 rounds; this may be maintained by taking a -1 on other casting rolls.
Metamorphosis: Animal (Shapechange, Flesh-morph Trapping): The wielder may assume the form of any non-humanoid creature for up to 5 minutes (this may be maintained by suffering a -1 to other rolls with the rod). The new form gains any innate abilities, as well as the Agility, Strength, Vigor and linked Skills; on a Raise, the wielder also gains +1 Die-type to Vigor and Strength. Up to Size 0, there is no Penalty. At Size 1 or 2, the Penalty is -1; Sizes 3-4, the Penalty is -2; Sizes 5-10, the Penalty is -3. This highest class can only be invoked by a Legendary wielder.
Magic Pigeon (Mind Link, Pigeon Trapping, cast as Ritual): Summons a magical, nigh-invincible pigeon that flies unerringly to the target to deliver a message at 30 mph. The communication is one-way, and if the bird cannot reach the target within 30 minutes, then the spell must be maintained (adding -1 to other uses of the Rod) until the bird gets to its destination—if the maintenance is dropped early, the bird pops out of existence. If the target is within 15 miles, no ritual is needed, this is just a casting roll. If the target is within 180 miles, then it is a Challenging Task—the wielder must get 4 tokens over 3 rolls. If the target is within 1500 miles, it is a Difficult Task (6 tokens in 4 rounds). And if the target is over 1500 miles away, but still on Rifts Earth, then it is a Complex Task, requiring 8 tokens in 5 rounds. These rolls suffer no Penalty.
Unlimited Powers (using modified No Power Points rules below):
Unlimited Powers may be cast with Arcane Skill or Shooting Skill
Energy Bolt (Bolt, Eldritch Energy Trapping): Shoots a single bolt of eldritch energy Smarts x2” for 3d6 MD (4d6 on a Raise), AP 2. No Penalty. Range may be increased to Smarts x6” for an additional -1 Penalty.
Lightning Blast (Bolt, Electrical Trapping): Shoots one bolt that does 4d6 (5d6 on a Raise) Electrical Mega-Damage, AP 2, at a Penalty of -1, at a Range of Smarts x2”. At a Penalty of -2, the attack is RoF 2, with no recoil. Range may be increased to Smarts x6” for an additional -1 Penalty.
Fireball (Blast (Fire Trapping): Smarts x2” Range, LBT, 4d6 MD fire damage (5d6 with Raise), burns for one round after, doing 4d4 fire damage on round 2. Cast with a -2 Penalty. Range may be increased to Smarts x6” for an additional -1 Penalty.
Magic Net (Entangle, Net Trapping): Smarts Range, Single target, Hardness 10, -4 to rolls to break free. Success = Entangled; Raise = Bound. No Penalty
Carpet Of Adhesion (Entangle, Glue Trapping): Smarts x2” Range, LBT, Hardness 5. Success = Entangled; Raise = Bound. No Penalty.
Wind Rush (Havoc, (Wind Trapping): Blast of wind in the form of a Cone emanating from the wielder. Targets caught in Area of Effect must roll Strength -2 (-4 if cast with a Raise), or be knocked back 3d6”, taking 2d6 Damage. The wielder can choose to allow some targets to escape the effect untouched. No Penalty.

Rules for Powers on Rune Weapons:
No Power Points
Instead of using Power Points, characters with a Rune
Weapon simply choose the power they want to activate
and make an arcane skill or Spirit roll (sometimes another
Skill is acceptable, as well). The penalty to the roll is half
the power’s usual Power Point cost (rounded down). Casting
the armor power, for example, which costs 2 Power
Points, is an arcane skill roll at –1. Rune weapons
reduce this penalty by 1, and Greater Rune Weapons reduce
it by 2, and Greatest Rune Weapons reduce it by 3.
Once cast, check the results below:
• Success: The power activates as usual.
• Raise: A raise on the roll grants any additional bonuses
to the power stated in its description.
• Failure: All currently maintained powers are cancelled
and the caster is Shaken
• Critical Failure: Backlash--suffer 2d6 damage.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

I was told there would be no maths.
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
12th AAT Bennies
12th AAT GM Bennies: 2/8
Wild Card Bennies:
Devak: 0/2
Varig: 0/2
Cole: 0/2
Prestige Unlimited Bennies
Prestige Unlimited GM Bennies: 5/5
Wild Card Bennies:
William Tack: 3
Kraig: 3
Vedder: 3