Bugged: Bright City, Big Lights

Adventures and antics of the Joker's Jokers.
Freemage
Savage Senior

Bugged: Bright City, Big Lights

Post by Freemage »

Having completed their delivery, the Jokers now have a whole city in front of them. There's still the matter of checking in at the Happy Days Inn (and arranging extended booking, since the Legion only prepped for a single night's stay). Tomorrow, you've been told to come back to the Monolith around noon to confirm the array is working properly. But beyond that, Kingsdale is your oyster. Some noteworthy neighborhoods and landmarks, easily found:

Merchant's Plaza: This area is located near the center
of the city proper. It is a large plaza with a small park in the
north and an open courtyard decorated with statues of important
figures in Kingsdale's history in the south. The rest is filled with
merchant stalls. Some are permanent structures of brick and
mortar, while others are simple tents erected by traveling
merchants staying in the city for only a short time (a few days to
a few weeks). The byways between the booths are filled both with
would-be customers and buskers, street gambling, and so on.

City Hall: The tallest building in Kingsdale is the City Hall,
an imposing Gothic structure with elaborately decorated walls
and fearsome gargoyles carved into each of the 20 stories. While
an impressive structure, you don't have any official reason to go
here at the moment, but will be directed here if you ask about
licenses for restricted materials.

The Precinct House and City Jail: This large, grayish and
drab structure fills an entire city block. This is the headquarters
of the Police Division and where half of the entire police force is
located (four smaller Precinct Houses collectively hold the other
half). For the most part, this building looks like a typical police
precinct from the 20th Century, except for the preponderance of
body armor and the periodic D-Bee officer.

Again, folks should really only end up here if they're in trouble.

The Happy Days Inn: The largest lodging establishment in
Kingsdale, the Happy Days Inn is a ten story building (the second
largest building in Kingsdale) with an additional five subterranean
levels. The Inn seems to have fallen on hard times, as it's only
about half occupancy. Still, this means it's easy to get tables and
service. Despite its problems, the hotel is quite beautiful, with a white
and brick-red facade, a neon sign, and glass doors. Besides offering
lodging, the Happy Days also has a nightclub, The Nightingale, where
some of the best local talent and a few wandering musicians perform.
The best restaurant in the city, The Silver Fork, and a small general
store are also located at the Happy Days Inn.

Rates (Rates are per-person; currently, you have 1 night each in a Standard Room):
30 credits a night for the "economy rooms" (a tiny room the size of a large closet,
with a common bathroom located at the end of the hall, servicing ten other rooms;
1 person max unless you're really comfy with each other).
80 credits a night for the "standard" (a one-bed room with a private bathroom,
about the size and quality of a 20th Century motel room; 1 person max, really,
though couples can manage to make it work).
120 credits a night for the "first class" (a large room with a small living room and
spacious closets and bathrooms; 2 people can easily stay here, and up to 4 with
some crowding).
400 for the "imperial suites" (as luxurious and as large as a medium-sized apartment,
beautifully decorated; a suite can hold 4 people easily, or 8 with crowding).
The party vouchers are for one night of Standard. Anyone who pays for a week of rooms
at once gets a 10% discount.
NOTE: Chok'lat has an extra issue here. While they'll honor the voucher, additional nights
will require someone in the party to make a Persuasion roll at -2; on a Success, they'll
begrudgingly rent him an economy room and tell him to use the back entrance; on a Raise,
they'll even let him continue to rent a Standard room. On a Failure, the manager will
insist, contrary to visible evidence, that they are full up, and offer directions to 'a more
appropriate accommodation' in Dregstown. Any character in the group can attempt this
roll, but only one person may do so. Chok'lat may attempt to support the roll if he's not
making it himself--the -2 penalty applies no matter what skill he attempts to use, though.

Juicer Bars: There's over a dozen of these around the city; about 2/3 of them
are in Dregstown; the rest are scattered about more respectable parts of town. They're
all easily identifiable, though.

Though not only Juicers are welcome, you have to be able to look physically tough to not
get challenged (Growler, Chok'lat and Snackhappy can pass easily enough; the rest of the
team might want to find someplace a little more sedate to do their drinking.

The Kingsdale Enhancement Clinic (KEC): This is one of
the best "chop-shops" in North America! It is a cyber-medicine
clinic where the Juicer process as well as M.O.M. conversion,
and bionic and cybernetic enhancements can be acquired.

If anyone wants to buy something here, check the book for pricing;
availability is per the book, but with a +2 to the roll for anything other
than cyber-weapons.

The Kingsdale Magickal Guild Store: Located across the street
from the Monolith is the Guild Store, a perfectly normal looking shop
that specializes in magical and Techno-Wizard items, components,
scrolls and such. It even has a small section of alchemical components
and herbs.

MD-capable TW weapons require a license from City Hall to purchase,
and if ranged, they will have to be delivered to the storage near the
gate, unless the character also has a heavy weapons license.

Ye Alchemy Shoppe: The second largest arcane shop in
Kingsdale. The store has a good supply and wide range of magical
potions, poisons, and even such exotic items as Faerie Foods and
other strange items and substances, like bark from Millennium
Trees and items that are not native to this part of the world
(sometimes the Megaverse). Prices can range from the reasonable
for relatively "common" alchemical substances to the outlandish for
very rare and unique compounds.

The Gunnery Trading Emporium: This large store and
warehouse fills two entire city blocks. and bears the logos of both
Wellington Industries and Northern Gun, two of the largest arms
manufacturers on the continent.

Most weapons and armor are available for purchase here; NG and
Wellington gear specifically is always available, and at a 10% discount.
As always, ranged MD weapons require a permit, or the character must
arrange for them to be transported to the team vehicle's lock-up.

Dregtown: Poverty and crime, a perfect blend. If you've got any
sort of vice or crime in mind, this is probably where you want to head.
As noted above, the majority of the city's many Juicer Bars are also in
this area.

Instructions

I need to know three things:

1: Where are people going?
2: Why are you going there?
3: What groups are you traveling in?

Kingsdale is a fairly cosmopolitan city. As such, "D-Bee" doesn't count
against you for most purposes. Chok'lat still generates a fairly negative
reaction in almost everyone, though, along with subtle and not-so-subtle
hints that 'his kind' would find a better welcome in Dregstown.

If you've got some sort of vague activity or goal in mind, such as, "I want to do charity work
in Dregstown," or "I want to participate in some street games in the Merchant's Plaza," let me
know that, too.

Other than the roll to get Chok'lat additional nights of housing (see the Happy Days Inn above),
don't make any rolls until I tell you, though--well, you can, but they will be
ignored as meaningless by me, even if I end up calling for the exact same roll right after.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Peta Chante
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Bugged: On the Road to Kingsdale

Post by Peta Chante »

At the gate, the guard raises and eyebrow at Herra's Xiticix weapons. She merely chuckles as she hands it over thinking ot herself that the rifle is the least dangerous thing she is bringing into Kingsdale. They should fear my mind the most.

While the others do their thing, Herra heads into the shopping district to stock up on food both for herself and for others. With her newfound groceries in tow she seeks out an orphanage in Dregstown to share the food with - just like someone did for her years before. Herra doesn't fear much but karma can be a real bitch.
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Bugged: Bright City, Big Lights

Post by Growler »

"I will be going to get a permit to get my weapons back, Pack Leader Snackhappy. If there is someone better able to deal with the bureaucracy, I'd appreciate the help. As for rooms, I can get an Imperial Suite and Chok''Lat can stay with me."

"I would also like to check out the Kingsdale Magickal Guild Store and the Gunnery Trading Emporium. I am interested in perhaps purchasing a few items. If I have to, I will even pay a premium to get them brought to top priority."
Last edited by Growler on Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Growler
Main Character: Tiny Tim
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Berk
Pace: 8 [12] (d8); Parry: 6 (8); Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 40 / 40
PP: 15 / 15

Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 2/3
Base Amount
-1 due Reroll on Navigation Roll
Chok'lat

Post by Chok'lat »

Persuasion support +1
Persuasion
[dice:1hhxc7rw]62001:0[/dice:1hhxc7rw]
Ace with prior
[dice:1hhxc7rw]62001:2[/dice:1hhxc7rw]

WD Persuasion
[dice:1hhxc7rw]62001:1[/dice:1hhxc7rw]
"What you mean, Chok'lat can't stay here? Chok'lat ain't bad no more! Even got this shield with a happy cross on it!" The brodkil was visibly upset, though he hadn't destroyed anything, threatened anyone, or even lifted a weapon in anger. All of these would be clear signs that he's a different breed, if someone were looking. Still, it was going to take some convincing.
"Hey, look." Chok'lat's demeanor softened as best he could manage. "Chok'lat won't walk around and scare nobody. Chok'lat's pretty, but not to other people. Chok'lat just wants to stay with his friends." He does his absolute best minimally demonic meek-face, as if to help drive home the point. "Chok'lat's cred is good, too." He offers the credstick to the hapless innkeeper. "If Chok'lat breaks something on purpose, you take it out of this."
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Toughness: 26 (14) MD
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Elan
Roy

Post by Roy »

Seeing the plight Chok'lat is in Roy offer up. "Maybe we could work out a dela with ya mister? Let us use your facilities, but subtly. We would pay you double the cost for the room and I would make sure no one saw him come or go? The old feller is trying to be good, an i'd like to see it encouraged."

Bribery?
I am not sure if I am rolling or Supporting someone else?
Bribery mod to persuasion?
Risk reduction mod to persuasion?
Persuasion [dice:39dcfqo6]62037:0[/dice:39dcfqo6]
Wild [dice:39dcfqo6]62037:1[/dice:39dcfqo6]
smuggling gear in
I do not think any of my gear is disallowed.
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.ph ... 600#p61737
If so he will comply fully with the law until he can buy a permit.
[/dice]

Once things are handled with the inn keeper Roy will get with the others and talk out if pooling to get Chok'lat a disguise device from a TW would be possible. "Might cost a bit, but sure would be worth getting rid of the head ache."
Peta Chante
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Peta Chante »

Rolling her eyes at the ridiculous situation with their demonic companion, Herra offers up her own - entirely unhelpful - recommendation, "Sir," she begins, "His presence is certainly distasteful and I understand why you may be concerned about his stench fouling your facilities for other guests. Perhaps you have a stable you can lodge him in? I would be happy to pay double for that."
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature
Roy

Post by Roy »

Roy turns and looks at the Mind Melter his mouth agape for a slight moment. Then shaking it off he remembers the conversations at Refuge. He does not know why some of the team members keep antagonizing the brute. He is trying to redeem himself, but it must be hard with the constant negative feedback. But as his mind turns to Chok'lat he realizes the creature was complexity unoffended by Herra's words.
SnackHappy
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by SnackHappy »

Confident in the crew's ability to secure a room for Chok`lat, Jacob pays for a second suite for the group. "All good growler, I think I'm going down to one of the juicer bars down in the dregs if any of you care to join. I could use a bit of release."
Character Summary
Jacob ‘Snack Happy’ Grimlock a M.A.R.S. Robot Armor Pilot
Active effects: None
Parry: 6 (8 w/Cestus)
Toughness: 20(9)/35(17) in Sasha
Notable Edges: Professional, Expert, Ace, Combat Ace, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Quick, Robot Armor Jock, McGyver, Two-Fisted, Rock and Roll, Ambidextrous, Command, Tactician
Skills: Notice d6, Repair d8 +2,Knowledge(Battle) d6, Knowledge(Electronics) d8, Piloting d10+2, Driving d6+2, Fighting d8, Shooting d12+2
Equipment of Note:
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic(Modified):+9 Armor and +2 Toughness, Full Environmental; Comms (10 miles), Loudspeakers, laser distancer, night vision mode,Laser Torch (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage), Laser Finger (Str+d4 in melee reach 1 Strength d6 arm, +2 Repair checks)
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Laser Pistol (Range 18/36/72, Damage 2d6+1, RoF 1, AP 4, 24 Shots, Semi-Auto)

NG-V61 Gunwolf(Sasha): Size 6, Crew 2 modded for tail copilot, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35 (17), Pace 10
Notes: M.D.C. Armor
Weapon Systems:
  • 2 × Dual-linked Medium RailGuns (right forearm)|(Range 100/200/400, +1 to hit, Damage 3d10+6, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium Ion Cannon (left forearm) | (Range 40/80/160, Damage 4d8, RoF 1, AP 4, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • Medium Missile Launcher (chest) |(Range 200/400/800, Damage 8d6, RoF 1, AP 15, 4 Shots, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • 2 × Dual-Linked Light Laser (eyes) | (Range 150/300/600, +1 to hit, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, AP 5, Mega Damage)
  • Heavy Flamethrower (jaws). A heavy chemical flamethrower, the damage ignores all but Full Environment Protection armor (Range Cone, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, Mega Damage)
  • Assault Jaws/Claws/Rail gun spikes. The Gunwolf has a number of close combat weapons built-in (Damage d12+d8+6, AP 2, Mega Damage)
  • Wolf’s Howl Transmitter Array. As an action, the pilot activates this system, affecting all targets within a Large Burst Template centered on the Gunwolf (the Gunwolf itself is immune). Victims must make a Smarts roll at −2 or be Shaken (−4 if the target has some kind of enhanced hearing, GM’s call).
Jump Jets To jump, the pilot uses an action to make a Piloting roll to both maneuver his walker and manage his power reserves. Each round spent jumping increases his height 50 feet. Each subsequent round spent jumping (essentially flying) afterwards inflicts a –2 to the Piloting roll, cumulative to a maximum of –6. Failure means the walker descends immediately (a critical failure results in a fall; you suffer (6+X)d6 damage, where X = Height/10).
You may also make a Death From Above attack by landing on an enemy vehicle or armor unit. This is an opposed roll of your Piloting vs. their Piloting/Driving/Boating Skill. If you fail, it is treated as a 20' Fall (8d6 damage). If you succeed, you land on top of them, doing (6+X)d6 damage, where X is your starting Height/10.

Ammo:
  • 12 medium missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    80 shots for Flamethrower
    24 BigBore Shells
Razorback Cloak (unenchanted, crafted from exotic materials)
  • Created from the hides of boars mutated with demonic magic; the metal-infused spines and razor-sharp edges often seem to flex in the defense of the wearer.
  • Grants +2 to opposed rolls whenever the wearer is in a Grapple (whether it's a Strength/Agility roll to break free, or a Fighting roll to inflict damage).
  • When worn, the wearer gains the benefits of the Extraction and Combat Sense Edges (if they have either of these Edges already, they gain the Improved version).
  • However, the shiny material and grating, rasping noise they make when worn give the wearer a -2 penalty to Stealth rolls.
  • 2 lbs
  • Value: 25,000 Cr, in part because they aren't exactly attractive.
NG-B50 Thunderer Combat Hammer
Str+d10+3d6
Notes: Mega Damage. BigBore shells provide the +3d6 and must be reloaded after 8 strikes.
BigBore shells cost 125 credits each (1,000 credits for a full reload). (Silvered)

C-29 “Hellfire” Heavy Plasma Cannon
18/36/72 3d10+4
Notes: Min Str d8, Mega Damage, Snapfire. Plasma hits all of a target at once, ignoring Armor unless
it’s fully covering. Targets may ignite (6 on a d6), burning for 1d10 continuous damage until doused.

LongTooth Clan Tail Cestus (Super-Tech Signature Item)
This cestus, custom crafted for Jacob's tail by the Longtooth Clan of the Dinosaur Swamp, lets him clear a large arc of enemies; it also serves as a constant reminder of surviving the Xiticix Hive there, and so renders him immune to fear.
Base Item: Chain Longsword (Str + 2d8 MD, AP 4)
  • ST Mods (8 points)
  • Parry +2 (2 pts)
  • Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Improved Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Fearless (2 pts)
  • Modified per loot to add +2 AP off of hero's journey
Credits: 158,370

Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | Action Cards: Second Wind, Spill the Beans, Extra Effort
Bennies: 3/3

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers
Chok'lat

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat peers at Herra, twists his head towards his own body, and gives a big sniff. "Chok'lat don't smell no worse than normal..." He stops short, thinking (erroneously) that this was some kind of reverse psychology trick she was using on the innkeeper, then smiles and shrugs. "What you say, desk guy?"
Chok'lat raises his hand towards SnackHappy. "Sounds like that's a good place for Chok'lat to be so Chok'lat ain't scarin' people in the hotel, right?" He glances, rather obviously, back towards the innkeeper. "Chok'lat wanted to get somethin' new put in if there's enough creds. They got good cyber-docs here."
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Growler »

SnackHappy wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:11 pm Confident in the crew's ability to secure a room for Chok`lat, Jacob pays for a second suite for the group. "All good growler, I think I'm going down to one of the juicer bars down in the dregs if any of you care to join. I could use a bit of release."
"Let me know where you go and I will meet up with you there after I put my orders in."
Growler

Active Powers:
None

Base Amount
Ozzati

Post by Ozzati »

Ozzati, having no need of a room to rest, hands his key to Chok'lat. Ozzati leaves the Happy Days Inn in search of standing stones or fresh topsoil.

Ozzati must meet the demands of his obligation to find contact with earth and stone. When he finds a suitable location he becomes like a stone statue as he reconnects. One morning he finds himself in the markets among the statues of Kingsdale. Another he wakes in a graveyard leaning up against the side of mausoleum. Each night is someplace different as he tries to get a feel for the city and the people.

His daylight hours are spent in the magic shops and market stalls studying the wares and trinkets. He studies te craftsmanship of Techno-Wizardry and the cuts of stonecutters and jewelers. His efforts are such that he seeks to improve his own skills in the trades. Ozzati is specifically trying to glean information about the Monolith, the powers that sustain it, and any similarities between the Monolith and the pyramids from South America. The bulk of his time once he realizes the wealth of information available, is spent in The Kingsdale Magickal Guild Store.
Ozzati
Quick Stat _
Novice Trimadore Techno-Wizard
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 6 || Toughness: 5 [5 /12] || Strain: 0
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • TK Revolver
Powers
Gizmoed Powers _
[*]
Sara Turner

Post by Sara Turner »

Greater Boost Persuasion 11 Raise, so +2 DT and free reroll
+2 for 4 ISP
Psionics [dice:177zrwme]62202:0[/dice:177zrwme]
Wild [dice:177zrwme]62202:1[/dice:177zrwme]
Persuasion 13
+1 Chok'lat, +1 Roy/bribe
Persuasion [dice:177zrwme]62202:2[/dice:177zrwme]
Wild [dice:177zrwme]62202:3[/dice:177zrwme]
Ace [dice:177zrwme]62202:6[/dice:177zrwme]
Free reroll from Greater, if needed
Persuasion [dice:177zrwme]62202:4[/dice:177zrwme]
Wild [dice:177zrwme]62202:5[/dice:177zrwme]
Kingsdale/The Happy Inn
Afternoon
Round 0

Sara didn’t have many needs in this body. She didn’t need a bathroom, for one thing. The standard room that the Legion paid for was just fine. So she extended it as long as they were going to stay.

“Chok’lat here is an important member of our team,” Sara told the concierge. “We have offered you a security deposit and our word. If you were good enough to take our money for one night, why not more?
Weapons carried
C-20 Laser Pistol (2 reloads)
Character Tracker
Sara Turner Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Pace: 6
ISP: 35/40
  • Powers: Smite, Telekinesis, Telepathy/Telemechanics
Pistol Ammo: 21/21
  • Reloads: 2 x 21 shots
Frag Grenades x18
UEMC: 10/10 PP
  • 1 spare E-clip 10 PP
First Aid Kit: 3/3
Artificer (1h/power): arcane protection*, bolt, boost Trait†, detect/conceal arcana*, confusion, darksight*, disguise*, divination, empathy, entangle, environmental protection*, farsight*, fear, fly*, havoc, healing, mind link, object reading, relief, telekinesis, warrior’s gift*.
Automated Repair Unit: Make a Vigor roll as a free action once per day to attempt to heal a Wound, gains +4 on rolls to resist “Bleeding Out”.
Construct (Improved Nerves of Steel): Ignore 3 Wound modifiers, +2 recover from Shaken, immune to poison and disease, doesn’t breathe.
Major Psionic: Spend 2 ISP to gain +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2
Mentalist: +2 on opposed Psionics rolls
Mr. Fixit: Halve Repair times with a Raise.
Synthetic Immortality
Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Acc/TS: 3/11
Toughness: 35 (17)
Weapons: Heavy Railgun: Range: 100/200/400; Damage: 4d12+4 MD, AP 18; RoF 3; 100 Shots; 4 Mod Slots
Vehicle Mod Slots Remaining: 8
Crew: 2+6
Handling: +1
Amphibious: half speed
All-Terrain: difficult terrain only costs 1.5x movement
Targeting System: +2 Shooting with vehicle weapons
Sensors: +2 Notice for pilot or co-pilot
Steady Hands: Vehicle weapons don’t suffer unstable platform penalty
Leaping: 4” vertical, 8” horizontal
Driving: +1 Die Type
Character Tracker
Parry: 4; Toughness: 18 (7); Pace: 4 (Run d4); Charisma: -2
ISP: 35/35; PPE: 4/5
Rifle Ammo: 30/30
  • Reloads: 2 x 30 shots
  • Freeze: 20/20
    • Reloads: 2 x 20 shots
  • Burn: 20/20
Pistol Ammo: 21
Frag Grenades x18
Brave: +2 Fear tests
Gadgeteer (1/S): Jury-rig Psionics device, 1d20 minutes. - USED: Barrier device
  • Armor, barrier, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, clairvoyance, conceal arcana, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, disguise, dispel, divination, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fear, fly, havoc, healing, illusion, intangibility, invisibility, mind reading, pummel, puppet, slow, slumber, smite, speak language, stun, telekinesis, telepathy, teleport, warrior’s gift
Magical Entity: Susceptible to detect arcana, banish, dispel, and drain power points
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10. This ability does not affect powers that have Range of Self or Touch.
  • Ley line doubles these bonuses.
Mystical Construct: +2 recover from Shaken, don’t breathe, immune to disease and poison
Nerves of Steel (+Construct): Ignore 2 Wound modifiers
Powered: 1 PPE/h to remain active.
Bennies: 1/4
Adventure Card
  • Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.

Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Weapons: Heavy Railgun: Range: 100/200/400; Damage: 4d10+4 MD, AP 18; RoF 3; 118 Shots; 5 Mod Slots
Vehicle Mod Slots Remaining: 7
Caily

Post by Caily »

Still being new to the city herself, Caily finds herself visiting the bustling heart of the city, the Merchant's plaza. While she has largely stopped stealing things, well, at least things of low value, she still has a keen eye for high value items, and can't help but explore the various nooks and crannies of the plaza to see what gems might be hidden there. She doesn't actually steal anything this time, but she does do a good amount of scouting, enough for say a low talent gang of thieves to be able to rip off a few million credits in less than a minute. After her exploring, she returns to the Happy Days Inn and after a quick shower, goes to bed.
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Room Costs:
Party threw down on two Imperial Suites for one week. One Suite is a double-rate and no discount because Brodkil; total cost for the week = 8180 Credits. Just say who is paying what and note it on your sheets. Unless someone says otherwise, I'm assuming the allotment is boy/girl, so Ozzati, Roy, Jacob, Growler and Chok'lat in one, and Herra, Sara and Cally in the other. (Since Ozzati is spending most of the night out, I'm figuring he'll just use the room to drop his stuff in, anyway, at least any gear he doesn't want to keep on his person at all times. Note: While he becomes 'like a stone statue', he isn't one--meaning he will at least want to secure items that might be stolen off his immobile form. Armor and weapons can be secured pretty easily, but he should probably at LEAST leave his credsticks with the rest of the crew.)

Needed rolls:
(If a Networking roll is called for: This is a Persuasion or Intimidation roll. You may bump Persuasion by +1 for 1000 credits, or +2 for 5000 Cr. You may bump Intimidation by +2 by being willing to knock some skulls if need be; doing so makes a Failure or CritFail have worse outcomes, though.) These rolls are affected normally by Edges and Hindrances, so for instance, if you're Ugly and trying to use persuasion, you take the penalty.
Being a truly cosmopolitan city, D-Bee and Mutant penalties do not apply here, but other Hindrances such as Ugly and Bad Reputation do.
DO NOT ADD ADDITIONAL ROLLS NOT CALLED FOR. I'll be rolling for manufacture times on custom magic items, for instance. Likewise, I'll be determining final costs on custom items.

Growler:
FIRST:
Common Knowledge at -2
Notice (Scent-based) at -2
THEN:
Vigor roll at -2

SnackHappy:
Vigor roll at -2

Chok'lat:
Make a choice:
Kingsdale Enhancement Clinic: Persuasion (with Ugly penalty) with a Raise to get them to take you as a client; OR
Dregstown Chop-shop: Networking Roll at -1
(You may attempt both rolls, since if you fail at KEC, they'll boot you out pretty quickly. KEC's prices are better, so it might be worth the attempt.

Herra:
Declare how much Herra is spending on shopping. Since the team currently has the powered carts that you used to haul the TW parts to the Monolith, she can move a LOT of stuff, so literally, throw down as much as you like. (There may be things that occur based on this number.) Then roll:
Danger Sense
Networking at -2
Intimidation (This is NOT a Networking roll.)
Finally, IF the Intimidation roll fails, make a 2nd Danger Sense roll

Roy:
FIRST: Make a choice:
Kingsdale Magickal Guild Store: Roll 2d4 weeks, and add that to the time it will take to get them to make your custom items (they can deliver them to Castle Refuge upon completion). I'll quote you a price, then.
Want It Now (ask if they can recommend a smaller shop that might be able to help you get something started immediately): Either one Networking roll at -1, or two Networking rolls, at -1 and then -3. If you only go for one shop, the items get made in sequence; if you go for two, they get made in tandem (and thus overall, more quickly). You have to declare before you make the rolls, since if you outright fail the first roll, and that was the only one you were planning on making, the day is wasted.
THEN:
Vigor roll at -2

Cally:
FIRST:
Notice
Thievery
THEN:
Vigor roll at -2

Sara:
Make a Choice:
Networking at -3 to find a TW capable of working with something as exotic as yourself.
Check Out the Old Digs: Go straight to the site of your old family shop. No roll needed.

Ozzati:
Declare what gear is being left at the
Networking roll for 'gossip' at the Magickal Guild Shop
THEN:
Vigor roll at -2
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Growler »

Common Knowledge 3
Common Knowledge at -2
  • Common Knowledge: [dice:23f8sbm7]62288:0[/dice:23f8sbm7]
    Wild: [dice:23f8sbm7]62288:1[/dice:23f8sbm7]
    Result: 3 - Failure
Notice 6
Notice (-2 due Difficulty, +2 due Scent)
  • Notice: [dice:23f8sbm7]62288:2[/dice:23f8sbm7]
    Wild: [dice:23f8sbm7]62288:3[/dice:23f8sbm7] - Wrong Die
    • Correct Die: [dice:23f8sbm7]62288:4[/dice:23f8sbm7]
    Result: 6 - Success
Vigor 5
Vigor (-2 due Difficulty, +2 due IF)
  • Vigor: [dice:23f8sbm7]62288:5[/dice:23f8sbm7]
    Wild: [dice:23f8sbm7]62288:6[/dice:23f8sbm7]
    Result: 5 - Success
Last edited by Growler on Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Growler

Active Powers:
None

Base Amount
Caily

Post by Caily »

OOC Comments

Notice [dice:3536sql5]62289:0[/dice:3536sql5]
Wild Die [dice:3536sql5]62289:1[/dice:3536sql5]

Thievery [dice:3536sql5]62289:2[/dice:3536sql5]
Wild Die [dice:3536sql5]62289:3[/dice:3536sql5]

Vigor [dice:3536sql5]62289:4[/dice:3536sql5]
Wild Die [dice:3536sql5]62289:5[/dice:3536sql5]

Benny
Vigor [dice:3536sql5]62289:6[/dice:3536sql5]
Wild Die [dice:3536sql5]62289:7[/dice:3536sql5]
Roy

Post by Roy »

As Roy goes out shopping he is frustrated to find there is such a large delay on the devices he wanted. His plan to find some shops for what he needed did not work, but this waiting around for weeks was honestly a little more frustrating. Well no point in moaning when the bull gets to the cows. Working out with the shop a time and price for retrieving the items finishes the deal and heads back to meet up with everyone.

Networking Fail, Vigor Success
Hitting the streets
Boost [dice:3ugkbslc]62291:0[/dice:3ugkbslc]
Wild [dice:3ugkbslc]62291:1[/dice:3ugkbslc]

Time [dice:3ugkbslc]62291:2[/dice:3ugkbslc]

Persuasion [dice:3ugkbslc]62291:3[/dice:3ugkbslc]
Wild [dice:3ugkbslc]62291:4[/dice:3ugkbslc]

Benny
Persuasion [dice:3ugkbslc]62291:5[/dice:3ugkbslc]
Wild [dice:3ugkbslc]62291:6[/dice:3ugkbslc]

Maybe next time.

Vigor [dice:3ugkbslc]62291:7[/dice:3ugkbslc]
Wild [dice:3ugkbslc]62291:8[/dice:3ugkbslc]
Ace [dice:3ugkbslc]62291:9[/dice:3ugkbslc]
Peta Chante
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Peta Chante »

Spend 10,000 credits on various needs like food, clothing, medicine, etc.
Sixth Sense - 4, success
[dice:3ia61gv4]62294:0[/dice:3ia61gv4] [dice:3ia61gv4]62294:1[/dice:3ia61gv4] = 4, success
Networking - Persuasion - 8, success
[dice:3ia61gv4]62294:2[/dice:3ia61gv4] [dice:3ia61gv4]62294:3[/dice:3ia61gv4]

Benny [dice:3ia61gv4]62294:7[/dice:3ia61gv4] [dice:3ia61gv4]62294:8[/dice:3ia61gv4] Ace [dice:3ia61gv4]62294:9[/dice:3ia61gv4] = 8, success
Intimidation - 11, success
[dice:3ia61gv4]62294:4[/dice:3ia61gv4] [dice:3ia61gv4]62294:5[/dice:3ia61gv4] Aces [dice:3ia61gv4]62294:6[/dice:3ia61gv4] = 11, success
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature
Ozzati

Post by Ozzati »

Ozzati considers what he needs out in the city, he already secured his firearms, which he can't use without first making a TW gizmo. No loss there.

He really isn't carrying much else. His armor looks like stone scales, layered over top of each other. He really does not carry anything else of value.

His personal credstick with a 1 million creds, he hands over to @Chok'lat, "You will need this more than I will."

Networking 3 _
[*] Persuassion (1d4) [dice:1r0nlr6n]62300:0[/dice:1r0nlr6n]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:1r0nlr6n]62300:1[/dice:1r0nlr6n]
Vigor 7 _
Scene Modifier: -2
[*] Vigor (1d6) [dice:1r0nlr6n]62300:2[/dice:1r0nlr6n]
[*] Aced! Vigor (1d6+6) [dice:1r0nlr6n]62300:4[/dice:1r0nlr6n]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:1r0nlr6n]62300:3[/dice:1r0nlr6n]
Ozzati
Quick Stat _
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 6 || Toughness: 5 [5 /12] || Strain: 0
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • TK Revolver
Powers
Gizmoed Powers _
[*]
Chok'lat

Post by Chok'lat »

Persuasion
[dice:2pdudhdi]62320:0[/dice:2pdudhdi]
Ace with prior
[dice:2pdudhdi]62320:2[/dice:2pdudhdi]+
2nd Ace with prior
[dice:2pdudhdi]62320:3[/dice:2pdudhdi]

WD Persuasion
[dice:2pdudhdi]62320:1[/dice:2pdudhdi]
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Sara Turner

Post by Sara Turner »

Kingsdale/The Happy Days Inn
Afternoon
Round 0

Sara was hit by a large dose of homesickness as she wandered Kingsdale. She had lived half her life here. She found herself taking a walk down memory lane, standing outside the building that had housed her and her sister’s repair and techno-wizardry shop. Sara had handled the mundane repair jobs, while Tara had dealt with the magic. Later, Sara figured, she would take a run outside of town to the old NEMA bunker that she and Sara had discovered, the one that had killed her, and where Tara and she had been pulled into hell.
Weapons carried
Vibro-longsword
Character Tracker
ISP: 40/40
Frag Grenades x18
  • 1 spare E-clip 10 PP
Artificer (1h/power): arcane protection*, bolt, boost Trait†, detect/conceal arcana*, confusion, darksight*, disguise*, divination, empathy, entangle, environmental protection*, farsight*, fear, fly*, havoc, healing, mind link, object reading, relief, telekinesis, warrior’s gift*.
Automated Repair Unit: Make a Vigor roll as a free action once per day to attempt to heal a Wound, gains +4 on rolls to resist “Bleeding Out”.
Construct (Improved Nerves of Steel): Ignore 3 Wound modifiers, +2 recover from Shaken, immune to poison and disease, doesn’t breathe.
Synthetic Immortality
Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Weapons: Heavy Railgun: Range: 100/200/400; Damage: 4d12+4 MD, AP 18; RoF 3; 100 Shots; 4 Mod Slots
Character Tracker
Frag Grenades x18
  • Armor, barrier, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, clairvoyance, conceal arcana, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, disguise, dispel, divination, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fear, fly, havoc, healing, illusion, intangibility, invisibility, mind reading, pummel, puppet, slow, slumber, smite, speak language, stun, telekinesis, telepathy, teleport, warrior’s gift
Magical Entity: Susceptible to detect arcana, banish, dispel, and drain power points
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10. This ability does not affect powers that have Range of Self or Touch.
Mystical Construct: +2 recover from Shaken, don’t breathe, immune to disease and poison
Adventure Card
  • Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.

Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Weapons: Heavy Railgun: Range: 100/200/400; Damage: 4d10+4 MD, AP 18; RoF 3; 118 Shots; 5 Mod Slots
SnackHappy
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by SnackHappy »

Vigor: [dice:2jd54thr]62420:0[/dice:2jd54thr]
Wild: [dice:2jd54thr]62420:1[/dice:2jd54thr]

Benny:
Vigor: [dice:2jd54thr]62420:2[/dice:2jd54thr]
Wild: [dice:2jd54thr]62420:3[/dice:2jd54thr]
Character Summary
Notable Edges: Professional, Expert, Ace, Combat Ace, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Quick, Robot Armor Jock, McGyver, Two-Fisted, Rock and Roll, Ambidextrous, Command, Tactician
Skills: Notice d6, Repair d8 +2,Knowledge(Battle) d6, Knowledge(Electronics) d8, Piloting d10+2, Driving d6+2, Fighting d8, Shooting d12+2
Equipment of Note:
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic(Modified):+9 Armor and +2 Toughness, Full Environmental; Comms (10 miles), Loudspeakers, laser distancer, night vision mode,Laser Torch (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage), Laser Finger (Str+d4 in melee reach 1 Strength d6 arm, +2 Repair checks)
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Laser Pistol (Range 18/36/72, Damage 2d6+1, RoF 1, AP 4, 24 Shots, Semi-Auto)

NG-V61 Gunwolf(Sasha): Size 6, Crew 2 modded for tail copilot, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35 (17), Pace 10
Weapon Systems:
  • 2 × Dual-linked Medium RailGuns (right forearm)|(Range 100/200/400, +1 to hit, Damage 3d10+6, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium Ion Cannon (left forearm) | (Range 40/80/160, Damage 4d8, RoF 1, AP 4, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • Medium Missile Launcher (chest) |(Range 200/400/800, Damage 8d6, RoF 1, AP 15, 4 Shots, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • 2 × Dual-Linked Light Laser (eyes) | (Range 150/300/600, +1 to hit, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, AP 5, Mega Damage)
  • Heavy Flamethrower (jaws). A heavy chemical flamethrower, the damage ignores all but Full Environment Protection armor (Range Cone, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, Mega Damage)
  • Assault Jaws/Claws/Rail gun spikes. The Gunwolf has a number of close combat weapons built-in (Damage d12+d8+6, AP 2, Mega Damage)
  • Wolf’s Howl Transmitter Array. As an action, the pilot activates this system, affecting all targets within a Large Burst Template centered on the Gunwolf (the Gunwolf itself is immune). Victims must make a Smarts roll at −2 or be Shaken (−4 if the target has some kind of enhanced hearing, GM’s call).
Jump Jets To jump, the pilot uses an action to make a Piloting roll to both maneuver his walker and manage his power reserves. Each round spent jumping increases his height 50 feet. Each subsequent round spent jumping (essentially flying) afterwards inflicts a –2 to the Piloting roll, cumulative to a maximum of –6. Failure means the walker descends immediately (a critical failure results in a fall; you suffer (6+X)d6 damage, where X = Height/10).
You may also make a Death From Above attack by landing on an enemy vehicle or armor unit. This is an opposed roll of your Piloting vs. their Piloting/Driving/Boating Skill. If you fail, it is treated as a 20' Fall (8d6 damage). If you succeed, you land on top of them, doing (6+X)d6 damage, where X is your starting Height/10.

Ammo:
  • 12 medium missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    24 BigBore Shells
  • Created from the hides of boars mutated with demonic magic; the metal-infused spines and razor-sharp edges often seem to flex in the defense of the wearer.
  • Grants +2 to opposed rolls whenever the wearer is in a Grapple (whether it's a Strength/Agility roll to break free, or a Fighting roll to inflict damage).
  • When worn, the wearer gains the benefits of the Extraction and Combat Sense Edges (if they have either of these Edges already, they gain the Improved version).
  • However, the shiny material and grating, rasping noise they make when worn give the wearer a -2 penalty to Stealth rolls.
  • 2 lbs
Str+d10+3d6
Notes: Mega Damage. BigBore shells provide the +3d6 and must be reloaded after 8 strikes.
BigBore shells cost 125 credits each (1,000 credits for a full reload). (Silvered)

18/36/72 3d10+4
Notes: Min Str d8, Mega Damage, Snapfire. Plasma hits all of a target at once, ignoring Armor unless
it’s fully covering. Targets may ignite (6 on a d6), burning for 1d10 continuous damage until doused.

This cestus, custom crafted for Jacob's tail by the Longtooth Clan of the Dinosaur Swamp, lets him clear a large arc of enemies; it also serves as a constant reminder of surviving the Xiticix Hive there, and so renders him immune to fear.
  • ST Mods (8 points)
  • Parry +2 (2 pts)
  • Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Fearless (2 pts)

Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | Action Cards: Second Wind, Spill the Beans, Extra Effort

Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Casing the Marketplace
Cally takes a stroll through Market Plaza, first helping Herra locate the shops she wants, and then, when the Mind Melter heads off with her purchases, by herself. She spots several plausible targets for a little light burglary. Given her innate abilities, any non-magical shop is likely to prove vulnerable to her ghosting. The temporary vendors, in their tents and collapsable booths, would be ripe pickings even for a normal thief.
More interesting, she observes (and fends off) several pickpockets plying their trade. The intriguing part lies in the way they work together. Or not, in some cases--she sees a cutpurse who gets called out by another urchin she's sure is part of the more organized group. And when the first makes an effort to bolt, he gets tripped by a second member of the gang, and very quickly apprehended. Apparently, the local City Rats don't care for outsiders cutting in on their turf....
Still, they don't seem to be particularly focused on potential B&E style burglary, so there's definitely an opportunity to be had, here.
Cally gets a late-night drunken radio call, but the idea of hanging around a Juicer bar with a Brodkil, a Grackletooth and a Dogboy seems inadvisable.

Bureaucracy, The Undefeatable Foe
Growler spends the afternoon at Kingsdale's City Hall. He's required to check even those weapons he has been allowed to carry for personal defense at the door, and is assured that they'll be returned when he leaves. He starts out badly, unfortunately, wasting an hour standing in the wrong line before a clerk who is the embodiment of the universal concept of Ennui directs him to another department entirely. When he gets to the proper desk (after another interminable line), he's given a stack of paperwork to fill out.
Of course, there's a lack of actual desk space or writing utensils to do so; he ultimately realizes he's better off going out, getting a pen of his own, and maybe a clipboard, and then coming back to work on the forms.
He dutifully fills them out, takes them to be verified, gets them back with instructions about corrections, and so on. As the sun descends closer to the horizon, however, he returns with what should be the final draft. The clerk dutifully goes through the forms, clucks his tongue, and explains in a flat voice that another set of forms is missing. As the office is closing, this means he'll have to return on the next day to finish up.
He stalks off to join pack leader SnackHappy at the Juicer bar.

Exotic Specimen
Chok'lat goes into the Kingsdale Enhancement Clinic to be greeted with expressions of suspicion, scorn and hostility. The front desk clerk, however, manages to keep his professional demeanor. As Chok'lat states his desire, the man starts coming up with excuses about why they cannot help him, how they can direct him to another clinic better suited to his 'unique needs' and so on--and a couple of Wolfen Juicers with the KEC Logo on their armor start to move up, just in case. He is interrupted, however, by a stunningly gorgeous Elven woman in a doctor's uniform who comes out to see what all the commotion is. The man addresses her as "Dr. Alt" in explaining the situation.
Upon learning tht Chok'lat wishes to be a client, Dr. Alt smiles widely. "Well, I would be delighted to work on a specimen such as yourself. It is a rare opportunity. Are you certain you wouldn't like a Juicer conversion? We do have all the latest models--you would be very impressive as a Titan Juicer."
Assuming Chok'lat is disinclined to die in the near future, she is still willing to accept him as a client for the Expanded Detection & Security Array he seeks, offering to clear her schedule immediately. She does explain that it will require a considerable up-charge, since they have to use a custom model. However, if he has the 75,000 Credits on hand, she can clear her schedule and install the hardware immediately.
OOC Comments
If he goes through with the procedure, pay the 75 grand and note that you will be at Exhausted for one day, and then at Fatigued for the day after that.
He comes around well after sunset, but is assured when he checks in with SnackHappy and Growler that the Juicer bar is still open, and sent a crude map.

A Little Charity
Considering how much Herra is putting down, she's able to fill two platforms with foodstuffs, and a third with other utilitarian supplies the poor often need--towels, bedding, toiletries, etc. She sees the would-be pickpockets in the marketplace coming a mile away, fending them off easily, and as she travels through Dregstown, she is able to stare down would-be muggers with equal skill. Thus, after asking around a bit, she finds herself arriving at the Kingsdale Home for the Friendless, a shelter and soup kitchen. The middle-aged woman running the place, Angelica Sols, is delighted at the supplies, and invites Herra in warmly.
Inside, Herra is surrounded by homeless residents of the slum, who thank her profusely for the supplies. One thing she notices--while Kingsdale is a very cosmopolitan city, the residents here are all humans. If she inquires, Angelica explains with a sad sigh that, unfortunately, many of the communities of D-Bees (especially the Elves and Dwarves) take a 'look after our own' approach to charity and other forms of assistance such as job training, leaving the impoverished human population to fend for themselves. There's some sullen murmurs from the clientele, during this explanation--clearly, there's more than a little resentment among the population here about this issue.
OOC Comments
Make one more Notice roll, at -4.
Herra gets a late-night drunken radio call from the Juicer bar, but seriously, she's got better things to do.

Back-up on Memory Lane
Sara finds herself in front of the old family shop--which is, apparently, once again in business, albeit under a new name: "Paulson's Technomantic Wonders". Sure enough, there's several common minor TW items on display in the window, showing a reasonable level of craftsmanship.
Inside, she finds more shelves of the same--relatively little by the way of weaponry on display, though given the licensing requirements the locals have mentioned, perhaps there are rules against having such in easy grasping distance.
Behind the counter is an older gentleman, handsome, with a bit of gray at the temple giving him a distinguished air. He smiles at her as she approaches; when he lifts his head, she sees that he's wearing a reflective monocle over his right eye. "Welcome, my dear lady! I don't believe you've been here before--Alan Paulson, proprietor and craftsman, at your service. How may I assist you?"
OOC Comments
This can go a few different ways, depending on how she approaches him. She can tell by the quality of his goods, though, that yes, he can probably manage the kind of work she wants.
Enchanted, I'm Sure
Roy finds himself stonewalled at the Guild trying to find a shop that can take his order more swiftly, so he's largely stuck dealing with them directly and accepting the 3-week wait.
The Amulet of Fortune, it turns out, is at least a standard design. A pendant with the Tarot Wheel embossed upon it will suffice for channeling the energies needed. To affect others, the pendant will need to be worn in such a way as to be outside his armor, though. "So, then, I assume you'll want Mega-Damage Capable materials alloyed into the pendant. Costs a bit more, but it means you won't lose it to the first grenade blast that catches you bad."
Amulet of Fortune
Amulet of Fortune (Enchanted pendant, embossed with image of Tarot Fortune card): 10,000 Cr. for raw materials, 10,000 Cr for Minor Item Creation; they guarantee success (technically, a Raise, even!), with a Mark-up of 70%, for a total of 34,000 Cr. (A non-MDC version would have a base materials price 1/10th the cost, and would be destroyed the first time you suffered Gritty Damage to the torso. Final price would therefore be 18,700 Cr.)
"Now, this other one you're wanting's a bit trickier. Definitely non-standard.... It'd be one thing if you wanted something attuned to a particular plane--that just requires a tuning fork of native metals. But for a universal key, you'll want.... Hrm." The clerk goes to a book, and does a little research for a bit. "Hm... yes, I think we'll need to make use of some arcane correspondences for this...." Then, he grins, and taps an entry before shutting the book again. "Okay, yes, we can help you. This one is going to be a little more unusual--best form for it is as an enchanted sextant or astrolabe. You'll have to fiddle with it while attuning to the Rift, but it should work just to your specifications. Again, I recommend the Mega-Damage Capable materials, though if you've got someplace safe to store it, it might work with regular materials, since most folks don't want to be messing with a Rift at the same time they're getting shot with a particle beam cannon. Of course, sometimes, that'd be when you most want to mess with a Rift, yeah?"
Gatekey
Gatekey (Enchanted Astrolabe): Raw Materials: 20,000 Cr. Enchantment w/ Guaranteed Raise 10,000. Mark-up 80% because they have to assign it to a Shifter, not just any caster with MIC. 54,000 Cr. Non-MDC version: 21,600 Cr.
Roy gets a drunken call later in the evening inviting him to join the trio at the Juicer bar, if he's so inclined.

Snubbed by the Guild
Ozzati's questions at the Guild Shop about the Monolith receive a cool response; apparently, they are disinclined to just give that intel out to passing strangers. He will probably have to spend some time becoming a known 'face' a the store.
OOC Comments
There will be more opportunities to try to get some of the information he wants--he just caught them on a bad day, apparently.
Ozz does, however, get a somewhat drunken call later in the evening inviting him to join the other lads in the Juicer bar, if he's so inclined.

Boy's Night Out: Ain't No Party Like a Juicer Party
Jacob gets to the Juicer bar first, having no other plans; Growler arrives a bit later, needing a drink after all that paperwork; Chok'lat arrives last, and is still woozy from the anesthesia.
Mood Check
Card Draw determines atmosphere for the evening; suit determines mood, number determines intensity
Hearts: Jovial: Carousing and Canoodling
Diamonds: Competitive: Boasting and Betting
Clubs: Contentious: Bravado and Brawling
Spades: Serious Business: Plotting and Perpetration
Card Flip from Random.org Card Shuffler:
RedJoker.jpg
Gonzo party!!!
When Jacob first arrived at the Rough & Tumble, he was pleasantly surprised at just how jovial the mood was--people were drinking happily, singing along with the live band (and not throwing things at them), telling tall tales and generally getting along. As the night goes on, the mood just intensifies--by the time Chok'lat staggers woozily into the bar, boasting has led to friendly bets and challenges, and more than few cases of PDAs on the dance floor. Of course, this is all involving Juicers and folks who can stand to party with Juicers, so the building is practically shaking from slam-dancing, throbbing music and foot-stomping chanting.
In one corner, an impromptu game of darts (using massive hand-axes) has been set up; in a booth, an unusually good-looking Juicer seems to be accruing a small harem. And everywhere, people are dancing or pounding on the bar to the beat of the music--the house band (which includes a cyborg singer and two juicer guitarists, with a Vronwor on keyboard AND drums) is doing heavy metal cover tunes of Drei Marbles Left songs, and they are actually pretty talented.
Party Time
Okay, you guys can indulge in some fairly frantic antics, here.
Boring: You try to stay off to one corner and not participate in any of the activities going on. Wallflowers have it rough in a Juicer Bar--make a Stealth roll at -2. Success/Raise means you get to be boring. Failure means you have to either pick one of the other options, or get tossed out, probably through the window (make a Vigor roll at -2, -4 if you CritFailed, or suffer Bumps & Bruises Fatigue--yes, this can Incapacitate, though not kill).

If you participate, you may indulge in any of the following. Jacob can participate in all four; Growler can participate in up to three; Chok'lat can join in on any two; and if either Roy or Ozzati respond to the late-night drunk call, they can arrive in time to pick one to jump in on. If you roll a Critical Failure on any of the key tests for these, though, you get tossed out of the bar (most likely through a window)--roll Vigor at -2 vs. Bumps & Bruises. You may still return to continue while under the Fatigue penalty, if you wish--the party is just that intense. This can push you all the way to Incapacitated, but not kill:

Boasting: If you want to brag a bit about yourself, do a quick write-up and make a Persuasion, Performance or Intimidation roll, at +2 for the Joker:
Failure: Booed down, no other effect. Success: Well-received; later this week, you get a one-time +2 to any Networking roll in Dregstown; Raise: Public Acclaim--as Success, but bonus persists through this entire mission.
Betting: Bar games include a wide variety of physical challenges (again, Juicer Bar); feel free to describe the match (it should be non-lethal in nature, though). Arm-wrestling and axe-tossing are common bets, of course, as are drinking contests, but feel free to be creative if you like.
They follow the following sequence:
1 (Optional): Roll Taunt at +2 to goad someone to increase the bet amount (see below). This can backfire if you then lose the bet. Critfail: You get punched in the snoot; make a Vigor check or suffer Bumps & Bruises before continuing with the bet. Failure: No increase. Each Success/Raise: Increase Attribute Multiplier by 1 (see below).
2: Choose which Attribute to tie the bet amount to--Agility, Strength or Vigor. This should be based on the type of competition--axe tosses are Agility, arm-wrasslin' is Strength, drinking competitions are Vigor. The Bet Multiplier is the die-type, possibly increased by Taunts in Step 1. Over d12 means you add 1 for every +1.
Roll Athletics for the competition itself. Failure: You lose the Bet pay 1000xyour Bet Multiplier; if you decline to pay, suffer a level of Bumps & Bruises (no roll to resist). Success: You did better than the other guys--500 Cr x your Multiplier. Raise: You dominated the game--get 1000 Cr x your Multiplier. 2+ Raises: You made an impression--take a Benny.
Carousing: You just indulge in dancing and/or singing. Make your choice of Athletics or Performance. Use the same results as Boasting.
Canoodling: Make a Persuasion check to find someone to spend the evening with. Failure: You drink alone. Success: You have a very nice night--take a Benny. Raise: You have an AMAZING night. Take a Conviction. On either a Success or Raise, declare whether you brought the lady/gent (hey, I don't judge) back to the suite, or went to their apartment, which is where you'll wake up in the morning.

Betting and Boasting successes, and Carousing or Canoodling Raises, also get you an invitation to have some 'real fun' two nights hence, at an address in Dregstown, and gives you a password ("Mayhem"). The person inviting you is vague about it, except for the Canoodling Raise--your paramour says outright that it's an underground fight-club.
Group Instructions:
Make any rolls indicated, describe your activities, etc. Matthew, you and I may want to do some Hangouts chatting for Paulson/Sara, depending on how the conversation goes.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Ozzati

Post by Ozzati »

Ozzati was careful in his application of questions at the Guild. Obviously speaking to each and every member at the guild over the course of the day. He was not sure why the reception was so hostile but he was resolved to find the answers to his questions. Maybe somewhere else tomorrow or someone who has more direct connections to the Monolith.

The doors close on the Guild Shop with Oz none the wiser about the Monolith.

As he stands in the empty streets as darkness settles over Kingsdale, he notices that the communicator is buzzing in his pack. Grateful that he has gotten the reinforced model from his last visit in Refuge, Oz flips the communicator to receive.

Whatever is going on on the otherside of the call, it is so loud that it drowns out the caller's message. In a brief moment of silence, Oz catches @SnackHappy's invitation to the Juicer Bar, then the ruckus rushes back into the call and Oz turns off the communicator.

Still hours to kill before he needs to find some earth or stone to rest in so Oz decides to join the boys at the Juicer Bar in Dregstown.

The heavy bass of the music draws Ozzati's attention and he joins in dancing. Not the most graceful or stirring performance but at least he avoids crushing anyone in the process.

Carousing
[*] Athletics (1d4) [dice:3kyxfbdj]62431:0[/dice:3kyxfbdj]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:3kyxfbdj]62431:1[/dice:3kyxfbdj]
Ozzati
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • TK Revolver
Powers
Gizmoed Powers _
[*]
Peta Chante
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Peta Chante »

Notice
Notice [dice:29en2ues]62434:0[/dice:29en2ues]
Wild [dice:29en2ues]62434:1[/dice:29en2ues]
Bah! Benny

Notice [dice:29en2ues]62434:2[/dice:29en2ues]
Wild [dice:29en2ues]62434:3[/dice:29en2ues]
Happy to be of help, Herra furrows her brow at word that the humans are being marginalized. While she understands the sentiment, it was common enough in the slave pens of Atlantis, the danger of it was palpable. Humans, discriminated and marginalized by d-bee, is a narrative that a good Coalition propaganda officer could use to recruit or radicalize the youth. Turning them away was essentially arming the CS with more fodder. Foolish.

Nodding to the shelter's director she does her best to look warm, a foreign expression, "Not all aliens are bad. I am not from this world either, only the kindness of one from another world saved me. Now, I work alongside humans, d-bee, and even a reformed demon to do good. Refuge is always open to you."
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature
Chok'lat

Post by Chok'lat »

Boasting, Betting, and Brawn
Boasting - +2 Joker, +2 anti-CS, -2 Exhaustion
[dice:21co9z14]62441:0[/dice:21co9z14]
Ace with prior
[dice:21co9z14]62441:2[/dice:21co9z14]
2nd Ace with prior
[dice:21co9z14]62441:3[/dice:21co9z14]

WD Boasting
[dice:21co9z14]62441:1[/dice:21co9z14]

Taunt - unskilled, +2 for Joker, -2 for Exhuastion, net -2
[dice:21co9z14]62441:4[/dice:21co9z14]
Ace with prior
[dice:21co9z14]62441:6[/dice:21co9z14]

WD Taunt
[dice:21co9z14]62441:5[/dice:21co9z14]

Strength competition - Athletics, +2 for Joker, -2 for Exhaustion
[dice:21co9z14]62441:7[/dice:21co9z14]

WD Athletics
[dice:21co9z14]62441:8[/dice:21co9z14]

Benny to reroll Athletics, +2 for Elan
[dice:21co9z14]62441:9[/dice:21co9z14]

WD Athletics
[dice:21co9z14]62441:10[/dice:21co9z14]
Ace WD with prior
[dice:21co9z14]62441:11[/dice:21co9z14]
Chok'lat, fresh off of the last bit of cyber he can reasonably fit into his body, strolls into the juicer bar, though perhaps not at his normal gait. He catches sight of SnackHappy and Growler, smiles his typical demonic grin, and immediately begins to perk up. "HEY! This is Chok'lat's kinda place!" Before too long, he's drinking, shouting, toasting, and all without hurting anyone.
Being a juicer bar, there's talk of exploits, feats, and trophies. Chok'lat will NOT be outdone. "Oh yeah? Old boss, Cray Cray, caught a bunch of skullboys. We were bored, so we hit 'em. They had flyers and walkers, and we hit 'em anyway, wiped the whole skullboy squad out. Chok'lat jumped on a flying skullboy, one of them Sammies, knocked 'im on the ground, and then Chok'lat tore his arms out."
A shout rings out from across the bar. "THAT'S BULLSHIT! YOU AIN'T BIG ENOUGH!" Chok'lat turns, snarls and shouts back. "Chok'lat was there, stinkin' rigger! Chok'lat grabbed that metal skullboy an' ripped his arms right off! Armor an' all! Then Chok'lat beat the head off the skullboy with 'is own arms!" This elicits a roar of laughter. Even if the tale is a little tall, this place loves a good dead SAMAS story. One of the bigger specimens in the bar, the non-believer, steps up. "I bet you as big a liar as they get. Prove it, Candy."
Chok'lat grins. "Chok'lat don't work for free. You want Chok'lat to rip your arms out, you pay cred." The juicer sneers, but Chok'lat cuts him short. "Oh. And you better bring a bigger rigger to help. You look like you need juice just to get it up to piss. Get a titan, but make him bring cred too. Chok'lat work double time, Chok'lat get double pay."
The skeptic's top nearly blows, but a few of the cooler heads manage to hold him back in order to maintain the jovial atmosphere. Shouts of "You called him out, you better be able to take a jab from a brodkil, turk!" encourage the juicer to acquiesce. He grabs an only slightly less-large juicer companion, and they move towards Chok'lat. The brodkil has already set up a table on each side, and his arms are outstretched, ready to arm-wrestle both juicers at the same time. "Cred first. Bar guy holds it." With a snort, both juicers slap credsticks into the hands of the barkeep. He verifies all three are loaded enough to cover the wager, then nods.
"Hey. You guys...you get first pull. Chok'lat don't wanna beat you so bad so soon. Make it look like you did okay to start." The juicers both crank their rigs, the bio-comp systems pumping pure, unadulterated strength into their veins. They shout, and immediately begin torquing the brodkil's arms towards the table. The whole bar is shouting the names of the juicers, unwilling to let a simple cyber brodkil take a juicer-held crown.
Chok'lat hesitates, resisting only enough to prevent his arms from getting pinned. Then, with his own gleeful shout, he pushes back. The demonic sinew, coupled with top-notch cyber tech, halts the juicers' arms from advancing...then reverses their course. The bar, almost in unison, gasps and curses as both juicers begin losing ground. The juicer opponents scream and curse and froth at the mouth, but are unable to halt the demonic might of Chok'lat. Slowly, inexorably, their hands dip closer to the table. The taunts and shouts and chants turn from the juicers, to a more surprising cadence.
"Chok - LAT! Chok - LAT! Chok - LAT!"
The juicers' bio-comp systems are working overtime, but even exhausted from his operation, Chok'lat's augmented strength cannot be denied. With a triumphant shout, Chok'lat slams both juicers' hands into the tables, crushing them under the force of the impact and sending both juicers toppling to the floor. The bar erupts in cheers of "Chok - LAT! SAMAS SLAYER! Chok - LAT! SAMAS SLAYER! Chok - LAT! SAMAS SLAYER!" Chok'lat's hands shoot skyward in a victorious "V". The adulation of the crowd flows fast and free, with vigorous back-slaps, high fives, and more free alcohol than is healthy for a mortal. The two juicers, pride wounded, own up and begrudgingly extend a hand. In an uncharacteristically gracious moment, Chok'lat jams full bottles of beer into them. "You guys're tough! Toast to a dead skullboy Sammie!"
As the night carries on, a voice whispers into Chok'lat's ears. "You up for some real fun? Go here, and tell 'em Mayhem, couple nights from now." Before Chok'lat can turn around, he finds a note, bearing an address and date, stuffed into one of his cybernetic hands. The messenger, whoever they were, vanished like a ghost into the crowd. Chok'lat sticks the note into a pocket on his chest rig and continues with his revelry. "DEAD SAMMIES!" The bar echoes the chant, and cheers, passing out another round of drinks.
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Sara Turner

Post by Sara Turner »

Notice 5
Notice [dice:2y9s937b]62450:0[/dice:2y9s937b]
Wild [dice:2y9s937b]62450:1[/dice:2y9s937b]
Exalted Conceal Arcana 7
+2 Mentalist, Major Psionic +2
Psionics [dice:2y9s937b]62450:2[/dice:2y9s937b]
Wild [dice:2y9s937b]62450:3[/dice:2y9s937b]

Kingsdale/Paulson’s
Afternoon
Round 0

Before Sara walked into the store, she activated her magical concealment, so no one would be able to spot her true nature. Sara walked into the store and looked around. While the set up was different, the layout was the same. She remembered these walls.

"Welcome, my dear lady! I don't believe you've been here before--Alan Paulson, proprietor and craftsman, at your service. How may I assist you?"

Sara gave a whimsical smile. “Actually, I have been here before,” she said. “My sister and I used to own this shop. It’s nice to see it’s still in business.” She came up to the counter.

“I have a...custom order I would like built,” she told Paulson. “And the fewer questions asked, the better.” She pulled out a piece of paper on which she had sketched the modular design for a techno-wizard item to grant extra speed. It was a bit odd, because it wasn’t something to be worn, and it looked like it had connection points where it would attach to other things. “Is this something you could make?”
Item
A mod with the Speed power, Self Only limitation, Quickness, Exalted Quickness, Greater Speed.
Weapons carried
Vibro-longsword

Exalted Conceal Arcana Active (120 r)
Character Tracker
ISP: 32/40
Frag Grenades x18
  • 1 spare E-clip 10 PP
Synthetic Immortality
Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Last edited by Sara Turner on Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Character Tracker
Frag Grenades x18
Major Psionic
Adventure Card

Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Paulson's Technomantic Wonders
OOC Comments
Nothing to See Here [dice:1yfwnhqj]62452:0[/dice:1yfwnhqj]
Wild NtSH [dice:1yfwnhqj]62452:1[/dice:1yfwnhqj]

Nothing Else to See Here [dice:1yfwnhqj]62452:2[/dice:1yfwnhqj]
Wild NEtSH [dice:1yfwnhqj]62452:3[/dice:1yfwnhqj] ACE [dice:1yfwnhqj]62452:4[/dice:1yfwnhqj]
Alan Paulson blinks (well, maybe winks--hard to tell with the monocle in place) as @Sara Turner a says she used to own the shop. "Oh! I thought you looked familiar!" He gives her that charming smile again. "Yes, the shop had been deemed abandoned by the city when I set up here. I'm afraid that looters had cleared out all the merchandise, but there were some random personal effects left behind--nothing that could fetch a decent price at a pawn shop, but some of it might have sentimental value. Pretty sure a family photo was in there." He pauses, thinking. "Now, as I recall, I boxed it all up, just in case you ever came back. If you'd like to come by this evening, when I'm closing up shop for the night, we can go up to my apartment, dig the boxes out, and you can have them." It's been awhile for her, of course, but Sara might have the intuition that he's... hitting on her? Certainly attempting to turn this happenstance into an opportunity for a more social visit. "I could even whip up some dinner for the two of us."

When she produces her request for the module, he is again surprised. There's a definite pause as he looks over the design--for a moment, he seems to be about to say something, then shakes his head. "Right. You said no questions." He smiles at her, chuckling a bit under his breath. "I trust you understand how difficult that is. These designs practically demand questions." He gives a regretful sigh. "But, the customer is always right. Yes, I think I can work with these plans. The, uh, connectors are the only part that are really non-standard, of course. I don't suppose you could provide me with a sample--a schematic only tells you so much?" As he smiles at her, she catches a faint glimmer in the monocle; almost as if there was a red light shining behind it, briefly.
OOC Comments
Sara would have to have a module removed in order to show him how the connectors work. Or, of course, she could just pop a hatch... That might be a bit much for a first date, though.

Kingsdale Home for the Friendless
OOC Comments
Nothing to See Here Either [dice:1yfwnhqj]62452:5[/dice:1yfwnhqj]
Wild NtSHE [dice:1yfwnhqj]62452:6[/dice:1yfwnhqj]

Not Even Here [dice:1yfwnhqj]62452:7[/dice:1yfwnhqj]
Wild NEH [dice:1yfwnhqj]62452:8[/dice:1yfwnhqj]
Herra is warmly received by the inhabitants initially, though some of them are a bit discomfited when she declares herself to be a D-Bee; clearly, the resentment runs deeper in some than others--though even in those inclined to not resent her for it, there's a distinct vibe of, "Well, human D-bees is okay."

Angelica, though, is definitely taken aback by the mention of Chok'lat. "A redeemed demon? I must say, I find that to be... well, unlikely to say the least. I'm sure you have a good heart, friend, but how can you be sure the creature is not simply biding its time before killing you in your sleep?"

Several of the residents seem to find her concerns persuasive.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Peta Chante
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Peta Chante »

Sensing their distrust, Herra tries to bring the Region's message of hope, "We can never be truly sure of anything. I choose to hope redemption is possible, yet," she calls forth her Psi-Blade in a glimmering display of power, "I take precautions. One should not be so open minded their brains fall out. I will leave that to Lazlo."
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Growler »

Party Time
Betting 1, Vigor 3
Linked to Agility (d8)
  • Athletics: [dice:6e53dnep]62457:0[/dice:6e53dnep]
    Wild: [dice:6e53dnep]62457:1[/dice:6e53dnep]
    Result: 1 - Lose 8k Credits, Roll Vigor at -2 or suffer 1 Level of Fatigue due Bumps and Bruises.
    • Vigor at -2
      • Vigor: [dice:6e53dnep]62457:10[/dice:6e53dnep]
        Wild: [dice:6e53dnep]62457:11[/dice:6e53dnep]
        Result: 3 - Fail. 1 Level of Bumps
Carousing 13
Athletics at -1 (Fatigue)
  • Athletics: [dice:6e53dnep]62457:12[/dice:6e53dnep]
    • Ace: [dice:6e53dnep]62457:13[/dice:6e53dnep]
    Wild: [dice:6e53dnep]62457:3[/dice:6e53dnep]-1
Result: 13 - Success with Raise. Public Acclaim
  • +2 to Networking Rolls for this entire mission in Dregstown.
    • Persuasion at +2, -1 due Fatigue
      • Persuasion: [dice:6e53dnep]62457:2[/dice:6e53dnep]-1
        • Ace: [dice:6e53dnep]62457:7[/dice:6e53dnep]-1
          • Re-Ace: [dice:6e53dnep]62457:9[/dice:6e53dnep]-1
Canoodling 10
Persuasion: [dice:6e53dnep]62457:4[/dice:6e53dnep]-1
  • Ace: [dice:6e53dnep]62457:6[/dice:6e53dnep]-1
    • Re-Ace: [dice:6e53dnep]62457:8[/dice:6e53dnep]-1
Wild: [dice:6e53dnep]62457:5[/dice:6e53dnep]-1
Result: 10 - Success with Raise. You have an AMAZING night. Take a Conviction. Will be booking his own room for the night at a hotel.
Walking up for a bet against a green haired Quickflex Crazy who calls herself Ivy, Growler sets up a chair for him to balance on for the competition. All he has to do is balance on the chair while it is on just two legs. Giving his bet of 8000 credits to the bartender to hold, Growler is ready to go.

This should be easy enough... Whoa... look at that nice DogLady. I wonder if all of her fur is that sleek or...

With that, Growler falls almost as soon as he gets on his chair. With his embarrassing performance, Growler is picked up by a few members of the audience and thrown out the window, not too gently. Picking himself off the street outside, Growler sneaks his way back into the Rough and Tumble, intent on meeting up with the Doglady who caught his eye... a Siberian Husky if he knew his breeds right.

Looking around the bar, Growler quickly finds his target for the night. Listening to the music, Growler starts moving to the music and is able to pull off some very athletic moves... balancing in a crouch and kicking out alternating legs, jumping up to standing and then dropping back into the crouch to continue the kicks... all with his arms crossed in front of himself... until after a couple of minutes of these moves, he jumps up and lands on his feet.

Looking over at the beautiful Siberian Husky DogLady, Growler could see he had her attention. As many of the same Juicers and Crazies that had earlier threw him out now came to clap him on the back, Growler made his way over to the DogLady that he soon found out was named Shuk. After sharing a couple drinks together and some small talk, she started to lead him out of the bar for a more private venue. Catching Chok'lat's attention as he was led out, Growler saluted him with a transmitted a quick message on the team frequency before following his new friend out.

"Going on detached duty tonight. Comms will be off until morning."

Hmmm... I wonder if her patterning goes all over...
OOC Comments
Growler will be paying 400 credits for a room on par with an Imperial Suite for him and Shuk to enjoy for the night.
Last edited by Growler on Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Growler

Active Powers:
None

Base Amount
Peta Chante
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Peta Chante »

Persuasion 8 (6 if -2 Mind Melter complication applies)
Persuasion [dice:yalbmvc2]62493:0[/dice:yalbmvc2]
Ace [dice:yalbmvc2]62493:2[/dice:yalbmvc2]
Wild [dice:yalbmvc2]62493:1[/dice:yalbmvc2]
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

OOC Comments
Nothing at all, really [dice:1ex4zt6m]62499:0[/dice:1ex4zt6m]
Wild Naar [dice:1ex4zt6m]62499:1[/dice:1ex4zt6m]
Reroll [dice:1ex4zt6m]62499:2[/dice:1ex4zt6m]
Wild Reroll [dice:1ex4zt6m]62499:3[/dice:1ex4zt6m]

Resistance is Futile? [dice:1ex4zt6m]62499:4[/dice:1ex4zt6m]
Group RiF [dice:1ex4zt6m]62499:5[/dice:1ex4zt6m]

Taunt [dice:1ex4zt6m]62499:6[/dice:1ex4zt6m]
Wild Taunt [dice:1ex4zt6m]62499:7[/dice:1ex4zt6m]

The shelter residents are clearly impressed with Herra's confidence and obvious power. Angelica, on the other hand, merely raises a brow at the Psi-blade, but simply motions with a calming gesture. "I can see you have your self-defense well in-hand. I suppose I must also hope that the creature won't just flee into the night and kill some innocent bystander. Demons do tend to that sort of thing, or so I hear. Aren't you, and your superiors at this 'Refuge' taking a risk with the lives of those who lack your considerable powers this way?"

Again, murmurs of agreement ripple through the crowd, though Herra's clearly built up some good-will here.
Surprise Social Challenge!
Seriously, wasn't expecting this, but it works.

This is Round 2 of the Challenge, out of 3; Herra's already scored once net success. Her total at the end of three rounds determines how persuasive she's been overall to the mob. You need to roll Persuasion again; Angelica is resisting with some barbed language, so it's opposed by her Taunt, above (7).

The more successes/raises you have, the better.

You MAY use Powers with duration (such as Boost Trait) to affect the roll. Each Round is one minute, so a Duration 5 Power requires you to Maintain it once during that time; a Duration 10 Power (say, due to Concentration) does not need to be Maintained through the Round.

Powers may NOT be Maintained between Rounds of the Challenge unless they have a Duration of 10 minutes or more--there's lulls in the conversation, distributing goods to the residents, and so on.

Oh, and Herra gets a Psionics roll at -4, as well, for what it's worth.

Summary:
Roll Psionics -4, opposed roll (so Mentalist applies, as well as Mind Melter-y reroll goodness)
Use Power(s) if you wish, to modify your Persuasion roll
Roll Persuasion, opposed, TN 7
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Peta Chante
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Peta Chante »

Psionics (Exalted Detect Arcana) 18
[dice:7dj7q1lw]62503:0[/dice:7dj7q1lw]
[dice:7dj7q1lw]62503:1[/dice:7dj7q1lw]
Ace [dice:7dj7q1lw]62503:2[/dice:7dj7q1lw]
Ace [dice:7dj7q1lw]62503:3[/dice:7dj7q1lw]
Psionics (Exalted Boost Trait) 4 (success)
Psionics [dice:7dj7q1lw]62503:4[/dice:7dj7q1lw]
Wild [dice:7dj7q1lw]62503:5[/dice:7dj7q1lw]

Reroll
[dice:7dj7q1lw]62503:6[/dice:7dj7q1lw]
[dice:7dj7q1lw]62503:7[/dice:7dj7q1lw]
Persuasion (boosted) 7
[dice:7dj7q1lw]62503:8[/dice:7dj7q1lw] [dice:7dj7q1lw]62503:9[/dice:7dj7q1lw]

Reroll [dice:7dj7q1lw]62503:10[/dice:7dj7q1lw] [dice:7dj7q1lw]62503:11[/dice:7dj7q1lw] Ace [dice:7dj7q1lw]62503:12[/dice:7dj7q1lw]
Sensing there is a deep subtext to this conversation Herra opens her senses to the room - and leave her sword active. In the meantime she keeps the message of hope alive, "There are so many things in this world that can kill us in the night - and in the day light too. It is frightening, and how we respond to this fear says much about who we are. If we let suspicious be our guide then we will be washed away by fear. Hope must be our anchor."
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Final Persuasion target number is 8
Empathy [dice:2i76a81w]62506:0[/dice:2i76a81w]
Wild Psionics [dice:2i76a81w]62506:1[/dice:2i76a81w]
Raise: +2 to Taunt vs. crowd

Taunt [dice:2i76a81w]62506:2[/dice:2i76a81w]
Wild Taunt [dice:2i76a81w]62506:3[/dice:2i76a81w]
Angelica tuts, as she passes out blankets. "It's all well and good to speak of anchors, when talking to those who lack boats. Is it bigotry to recognize that Simvan are predators who eat their opponents, or that Floopers are intrinsically lazy and greedy? Or that factory owners would rather hire a Grackletooth or Lyn-Srial, with their extra limbs, rather than a native human? Is Refuge doing anything to deal with these sorts of threats, or would addressing them undermine your vaunted 'tolerance'?"
OOC Comments
So, last round of this little debate. Same rules on Power use as above. TN is 8. If you get a success, you gain a minimal victory; if you get a Raise this time, you'll strike a more telling blow against this woman's efforts.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Roy

Post by Roy »

Roy put in the commissions for the items wanted, with a total price of nearly 100K he would need to barrow some from his allies. Luckily when he asks over the radio Growler is quick to offer aid with only the smallest caveat.

Heading back to help Growler do the paper work Roy was convinced magic could make this go better. But dang, was it an effort. Lending his support with just a trickle of power and amplifying his and Growlers ability to fill out paper work of all things was the least he could do for the solid sent his way.

When the call came to join everyone for a drink Roy was more than willing to join. Ordering only one drink, Roy did not like the idea of loosing control, but he did enjoy loosening up with friends.

Support Boost Trait 7 +1 die type
Spellcasting [dice:18jdjhaw]62525:0[/dice:18jdjhaw]
Wild [dice:18jdjhaw]62525:1[/dice:18jdjhaw]
Free Reroll
Spellcasting [dice:18jdjhaw]62525:2[/dice:18jdjhaw]
Wild [dice:18jdjhaw]62525:3[/dice:18jdjhaw] Ace [dice:18jdjhaw]62525:4[/dice:18jdjhaw]
Peta Chante
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Peta Chante »

Psionics Exalted Boost Trait 11 (+2 die types to Persuasion
Psionics [dice:25w0n6d4]62528:0[/dice:25w0n6d4]
Wild [dice:25w0n6d4]62528:1[/dice:25w0n6d4]
Ace [dice:25w0n6d4]62528:2[/dice:25w0n6d4]
Persuasion 9
Persuasion [dice:25w0n6d4]62528:3[/dice:25w0n6d4]
Wild [dice:25w0n6d4]62528:4[/dice:25w0n6d4]

Free reroll
Persuasion [dice:25w0n6d4]62528:5[/dice:25w0n6d4]
Wild [dice:25w0n6d4]62528:6[/dice:25w0n6d4]

+1 from HJ ability
Sighing deeply Herra sees there is no convincing the woman, and given the creatures of this world it's hard to blame her. Having seen the depravity subjected to humanity on this world Herra wonders if in similar circumstances she would feel the same. With an empathetic smile Herra responds gently, "I know little of your world, yet I know injustice is not an alien trait, it appears to be universal. I have seen humans act cruelly and seeming monsters act with compassion and the opposite too. It seems to me we only have influence over ourselves and not our circumstances. So, I do the only thing I can. I choose the good, the more of us who do that the less darkness there will be."
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

As they finish passing out everything Herra brought, Angelica gives Herra a thin-lipped smile. "Well, you've certainly given a lot of food for thought." And then she cuts to a lighter expression. "And, of course, a great deal of the more important kind. Thank you so much for your largesse; it will have a great impact. Will you be staying in town long?"
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Peta Chante
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Peta Chante »

Sensing a small turn in the tide Herra relaxes slightly, but remains cautious, "Food for the body, helps receptivity to food for the soul. I know that lesson well." Her mind flashes briefly to imprisonment and the feelings of hungry, uncertainty, and mistrust. In a similar way these people were prisoners of circumstances. "I will not be here long but the legion has a liaison here. I will let them know of you and you make ask them for assistance. Perhaps, they can also arrange the job training for you like some other racial associations have managed."
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature
SnackHappy
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by SnackHappy »

Betting (17), Boasting (12 with Joker+2), Carousing(6), Canoodling(8 with raise from boast)
In order
Axe Tossing:[dice:13hcyno6]62560:0[/dice:13hcyno6] Ace: [dice:13hcyno6]62560:8[/dice:13hcyno6] 2nd Ace: [dice:13hcyno6]62560:10[/dice:13hcyno6]
Wild:[dice:13hcyno6]62560:1[/dice:13hcyno6]

Boasting:[dice:13hcyno6]62560:2[/dice:13hcyno6]
Wild:[dice:13hcyno6]62560:3[/dice:13hcyno6]
Benny: [dice:13hcyno6]62560:11[/dice:13hcyno6]
Wild: [dice:13hcyno6]62560:12[/dice:13hcyno6] Ace: [dice:13hcyno6]62560:14[/dice:13hcyno6]

Carousing:[dice:13hcyno6]62560:4[/dice:13hcyno6]
Wild:[dice:13hcyno6]62560:5[/dice:13hcyno6]

Canoodling:[dice:13hcyno6]62560:6[/dice:13hcyno6] Ace [dice:13hcyno6]62560:9[/dice:13hcyno6]
Wild:[dice:13hcyno6]62560:7[/dice:13hcyno6]
Not having much planned, Jacob shows up at the Rough and Tumble a little earlier than the usual fair arrives while the rest of the crew was out shopping and getting permits. Ordering a drink he walks over to an area where dudes are throwing axes and is content watching the scene unfold. One scrappy looking steps aside towards Jacob "Hey mister, you ever throw axes?" Jacob shook his head no. "Well we are having a small competition and would really like one more to even the teams, and if you win there's even some money in it. Just a small entry fee."

Jacob shrugs "Well it doesn't look that hard. Why not?" A few rounds went by and the teams were fairly even. The last throw was Jacob's and he bulls-eyed the ax into the target handle first. Cheers went up as credsticks were passed around and drinks were poured. Then the story telling began. He told stories mostly about things the 7th had accomplished especially run-ins with the coalition and thee numerous times they sent them packing. After the ax throwing no one assumed Jacobs stories were anything but true.

Running out of stories to tell or at least ones that weren't classified or not fit for the crowd and maybe a little buzzed Jacob went to dance. While dancing he is approached by one of the largest human women he ever saw, he shrugged and they danced most of the evening away. She looked like a professional body builder with muscles on top of muscles. Clearly taking a shine to this juiced lady they resumed their evening at her place where the party was still a little wild.
Character Summary
Equipment of Note:

Weapon Systems:

Ammo:
  • 12 medium missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    24 BigBore Shells
  • 2 lbs
Str+d10+3d6

18/36/72 3d10+4

• ST Mods (8 points)
  • Parry +2 (2 pts)
  • Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Fearless (2 pts)

Sara Turner

Post by Sara Turner »

Is he hitting on me? 4
Notice [dice:56bc30yw]62582:0[/dice:56bc30yw]
Wild [dice:56bc30yw]62582:1[/dice:56bc30yw]
Kingsdale/Paulson’s Technomantic Wonders
Afternoon
Round 0

Sara was surprised to find that the man had kept the family personal items. “I...thank you. I would be interested in taking the personal effects,” she said. “It’s nice to see the building stayed in the same business, at least.” Her cheeks colored prettily as she realized Alan Paulson might be hitting on her. That was...unexpected. It just confirmed that Tara had done a wonderful job building her body.

“Dinner isn’t necessary. I’m having a late lunch. But...I will stop by for those boxes,” Sara promised. “About what time?” She self-consciously brushed back her brown hair, cursing that she likely had helmet head from her armor.

She was in more familiar territory when discussing the schematics she presented. “I don’t have a connector on hand at the moment, unfortunately,,” Sara said. “I possibly could bring one back tonight when I come for my things.”
GM Question
Does Sara have spare parts back on the Creeper? Or is removing a sample something she can do on her own? Or is she going to have to track down Ozzati? Also, where can she buy a sexy little black dress ;)
Item
A mod with the Speed power, Self Only limitation, Quickness, Exalted Quickness, Greater Speed.
Weapons carried
Vibro-longsword

Character Tracker
ISP: 32/40
Frag Grenades x18
  • 1 spare E-clip 10 PP
Synthetic Immortality
Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size: 6
Toughness: 39 (21)
Weapons: Heavy Railgun: Range: 100/200/400; Damage: 4d10+4 MD, AP 18; RoF 3; 120 Shots; 5 Mod Slots
Amphibious: Cross water at half-speed
All-Terrain: Difficult terrain only costs 1.5x movement
Targeting System: +2 to all Shooting rolls with Vehicular Weapons
Sensor Suite: +2 to Notice rolls made by the driver or co-pilot
Handling I: +1 to Drive rolls for maneuvers

Upgrades
Minor Upgrades:
+2 Driving
+10 PPts, useable for Wall Walker (see below)
Major Upgrades:
Edge: Sidekick (Drivebot, see below)
Special: Leaper (double distance when making jumps)
Power (2 Upgrades): Molecular Adhesion Locomotion (Mega Wall Walker): Vehicle Only, Activated with Driving Roll, Costs 4 PPts and has a duration of 5 rounds; Success: bypass vertical obstacles, on battlefield move at 6" easily or 12" with Driving roll when going up walls; On Raise, speed doubles).

Drivebot
Intelligent Construct
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Stealth d4, Driving d12, Shooting d12, Fighting d8, Repair d12, Survival d8, Electronics d8
Hindrances: Can't Swim, Loyal, Clueless
Edges: Ambidextrous, Brave
IC Mods (24 Base, 19 Drawbacks, 43 Features)
Neural Net AI (-2)
Technological System (-2); Must charge for 2 hours/day, only charger that works is the Creeper's engine
Medium Frame (0)
Base Locomotion: Tracks (Pace 6, d4 Run Die, Cannot navigate obstacles more than 1/2 height)
Advanced Senses (+2): IR/UV, Nightvision, Radar, 360 degrees; ignore Illumination, =4 Notice rolls
Obvious Construct (-2): If attempting to hide nature, opponents gain +2 Notice to spot
Standard Vocal Unit (0)
Obscure Construction (-3): -4 to all checks to Repair
Feature-Locked Physiology (-4): Cannot upgrade Strength, Agility or Vigor with Advances
Specialized Construction (-6): -2 to any roll not involving operating the Creeper or its systems
Automated Repair Unit (+2): Self-repair with Vigor roll 1/day, +4 to resist Bleeding Out
Attribute (+9): +3 Agility, +3 Strength, +3 Vigor
Edges (+10): Ace, Combat Ace, Steady Hands, Rock & Roll!, Strong Willed, Iron Willed, Combat Reflexes, Iron Jaw, Nerves of Steel, Improved Nerves of Steel, Rapid Fire
Hardwired Skills (+10): x5 Driving/Shooting, x2 Repair, x1 Notice, x1 Common Knowledge/Athletics, x1 Electronics
Vehicular Interface (+1): +2 Driving rolls
Universal Toolkit (+1): +2 Repair rolls
Computer Interface (+1): +2 Electronics rolls
Additional Action (+3): Reduce MAP by 2
Character Tracker
Frag Grenades x18
Major Psionic
Adventure Card

Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Sara will need to have Ozz remove a module to get a 'sample' connector, she realizes; she'll need to decide which module she wants to have left out for the evening.

He is a bit disappointed that she declines his offer of dinner, but happily accepts the alternative course of her coming by for the boxes. He tells her the shop closes around 5 PM; this leaves her plenty of time to track down Ozz and buy a little black dress, as well.

When she arrives, he grins at her, nodding in approval at the new outfit.

"Come inside, would you prefer business first, or the personal affairs?" he asks, letting her decide whether getting the technical specs down on the job she wants should come before or after digging out the boxes from storage.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Sara Turner

Post by Sara Turner »

Evening
Round 0

Sara went off and found a shop to buy a dress. Then she found Ozzati. They went back to the Creeper so they would have some privacy as he removed the module that allowed her to fly or create a telekinetic havoc field. It was odd. She felt the empty space inside of her.

Sara went to her rooms at the hotel and took a shower. Not that her body produced sweat or anything to make her dirty, but it was always nice to feel clean. She laid out the things she had bought, feeling silly about all this. She wasn’t human anymore. She didn’t have the same physical urges. But it was...nice, to be wanted, desired. She pulled on the lacy undergarments and then sat in front of the vanity to do her hair and makeup before slipping into the little black dress and sliding into the heels. Of course, there wasn’t any room for weapons in this thing. Not that she needed them. She only needed her mind, and she still had some power modules left.

Sara took a taxi back to the shop and slipped inside after the last customer had left. Alan Paulson was just walking toward the door to close up, so she turned and flipped the lock, then turned back to him with a smile on her red painted lips.

“Let’s take care of business first, so there’s more time for personal later,” she said. “I brought you a sample module,” she told Paulson, holding out her device and unwrapping the cloth from around it. “Careful, it’s delicate, and I need to return it,” she told him, only slightly a lie.

Sara leaned a bit on the counter, presenting a nice view in her little black dress and heels.
Item
A module with:
  • Speed power, Self Only limitation, Quickness, Exalted Quickness, Greater Speed.
  • Wall Walking, Self Only limitation, Greater Wall Walker

Weapons carried (not in this dress!)
Vibro-longsword

Little Black Dress: Toughness: 6
Missing: Fly/Havoc module
Character Tracker
Frag Grenades x18
  • 1 spare E-clip 10 PP
Synthetic Immortality
Creeper stats
The Creeper
Weapons: Heavy Railgun: Range: 100/200/400; Damage: 4d10+4 MD, AP 18; RoF 3; 120 Shots; 5 Mod Slots

Upgrades
Minor Upgrades:
+2 Driving
Major Upgrades:
Power (2 Upgrades): Molecular Adhesion Locomotion (Mega Wall Walker): Vehicle Only, Activated with Driving Roll, Costs 4 PPts and has a duration of 5 rounds; Success: bypass vertical obstacles, on battlefield move at 6" easily or 12" with Driving roll when going up walls; On Raise, speed doubles).

Drivebot
Intelligent Construct
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Stealth d4, Driving d12, Shooting d12, Fighting d8, Repair d12, Survival d8, Electronics d8
Neural Net AI (-2)
Technological System (-2); Must charge for 2 hours/day, only charger that works is the Creeper's engine
Medium Frame (0)
Base Locomotion: Tracks (Pace 6, d4 Run Die, Cannot navigate obstacles more than 1/2 height)
Advanced Senses (+2): IR/UV, Nightvision, Radar, 360 degrees; ignore Illumination, =4 Notice rolls
Obvious Construct (-2): If attempting to hide nature, opponents gain +2 Notice to spot
Standard Vocal Unit (0)
Feature-Locked Physiology (-4): Cannot upgrade Strength, Agility or Vigor with Advances
Specialized Construction (-6): -2 to any roll not involving operating the Creeper or its systems
Automated Repair Unit (+2): Self-repair with Vigor roll 1/day, +4 to resist Bleeding Out
Edges (+10): Ace, Combat Ace, Steady Hands, Rock & Roll!, Strong Willed, Iron Willed, Combat Reflexes, Iron Jaw, Nerves of Steel, Improved Nerves of Steel, Rapid Fire
Hardwired Skills (+10): x5 Driving/Shooting, x2 Repair, x1 Notice, x1 Common Knowledge/Athletics, x1 Electronics
Character Tracker
Frag Grenades x18
Major Psionic
Adventure Card

Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Alan Paulson smiled as he heard @Sara Turner call out to him, and it only grew as he turned and saw the dress she was wearing. "Yes, business first does sound good."

He leads her inside, locking up behind them, and then goes over the module she brought.
OOC Comments
Taking a Look [dice:jyz8txcg]62638:0[/dice:jyz8txcg]
Wild TW [dice:jyz8txcg]62638:1[/dice:jyz8txcg] ace [dice:jyz8txcg]62638:2[/dice:jyz8txcg] ace [dice:jyz8txcg]62638:3[/dice:jyz8txcg]

Yes, he's using Exalted Detect Arcana, here, so please make an opposed roll against this one for your Exalted Conceal; that won't affect his ability to study the module, since you've set it down.
He then pulls off his monocle, for the first time since they've met. And, well, that's very interesting. His eye is cybernetic--but not just cybernetic. The socket is made of brass bearing arcane runes around the ring, and the eye itself is a ruby that glows slightly as he examines the module--this is a TW cyber-eye!

He looks up her and smiles as he catches her expression. "Yes, it is a wonder, but sadly, it's not one I've yet managed to reproduce. Perhaps, if you don't have to rush off as soon as we find your boxes, you can hear the full story."
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Sara Turner

Post by Sara Turner »

Psionics 9
+2 Mentalist
Psionics [dice:395lpf3y]62724:0[/dice:395lpf3y]
Wild [dice:395lpf3y]62724:1[/dice:395lpf3y]
Evening
Round 0

Sara stepped back, hoping to be out of the way as Paulson examined her module, in case he had any magical detection. She was concealed, but didn’t want to push her luck. When he removed his monocle, she stared in surprise.

“That’s…” She examined the runes and the crystal. Definitely techno-wizard cybernetics!

“I would love to hear the story of how you got that,” Sara admitted. “I don’t have plans, so no worry about running off,” she said with a smile.
Item
A module with:
  • Speed power, Self Only limitation, Quickness, Exalted Quickness, Greater Speed.

Vibro-longsword

Exalted Conceal Arcana Active (119 r)
Character Tracker
Frag Grenades x18
  • 1 spare E-clip 10 PP
Synthetic Immortality
Creeper stats
The Creeper

Upgrades
Minor Upgrades:
+2 Driving
Major Upgrades:

Drivebot
Intelligent Construct
Neural Net AI (-2)
Medium Frame (0)
Standard Vocal Unit (0)
Character Tracker
Frag Grenades x18
Major Psionic
Adventure Card

Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Sara isn't sure if he was able to pierce her cloaking or not, but if so, he doesn't say anything. Instead, he smiles at her and nods. "Excellent. Come on up to the apartment, then." She, of course, remembers the way up the back stairs to the apartment over the shop. He has redecorated, in a tidy, spartan fashion, though a few of the simpler pieces of furniture also remain--an end-table, a set of stools in the kitchen.

"Now, let's see..." He leads her to one of the off-rooms; when her family was here, it was a small library, mostly filled with technical manuals; now, it seems to be something of an overflow space--not quite bad enough to be called a 'junk room', but it's easy to see how some items that got boxed up and placed in here would remain for several months. "Okay, now, if I recall right, there were three boxes..."

Digging everything out is a bit of dusty work, but soon they have three boxes--two larger ones, and a small shoebox sized one--for her to look through. He helps her take them to the dining room table. "Here, you look through them; I'm going to put on a little music."

As she goes through the boxes, he sets a truly ancient phonograph playing; the music is low-key and slow.
What's In the Box?
Basically, anything fitting the earlier description--nothing particularly valuable, but anything that might be of sentimental value. Figure one large box is probably full of clothing that had been ignored by looters; the other two are pretty much anything you want to put in there.

You may also (if you wish) spend a benny to get something of up to 10K in value, provided the value would not be immediately obvious. For instance, a junky looking box with a false bottom might have a jeweled pendant, or a TW item with a single Minor Upgrade might be in two or three parts, but easily repairable if you know what you're looking at.

Oh, and the music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjrVnh6 ... 0&index=16
After she's set aside everything that she wants, Paulson asks her if she'd like to dance. If she accepts, she finds that he's pleasantly deft on his feet, slow-dancing with her quite pleasantly, stroking her cheek occasionally. As the evening progresses, he eventually asks her, "Would you like to stay the night?"
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Sara Turner

Post by Sara Turner »

Evening
Round 0

Sara followed Alan Paulson upstairs. The small apartment brought back a flood of memories. He’d even kept a few of the smaller bits of furniture. She ran her fingers along an old end table that she and Tara had haggled to obtain. She helped him dig out the boxes from what had been their library and a small drafting area, and went through the boxes. One had clothes, both hers and Tara’s. Sara pulled out Tara’s wedding dress. It wasn’t a fancy affair, a simple white sundress, but packaged carefully and smelling a bit of mothballs. There was even the flowered crown Tara had worn, the fresh flowers carefully waxed to preserve them after the ceremony.

The other boxes held other items. Some were really just junk, old pieces of abandoned projects. But many had sentimental value. There was an old photo album, and Sara took a moment to flip through the pictures of her and Tara, and then Caleb and Kim when they came along. There was even one of Kim’s old dolls Sara had bought her little niece.

Sara felt the emotion welling up, and paused to center herself. She couldn’t cry in this new body, but it had been built well enough to respond to her emotions, to an extent to fake it.

When Paulson asked if she wanted to dance, she gave the man a sad smile. “I would love to,” she said. She remembered Caleb and Tara dancing in the living room, or her and her sister, or with Kim.

Sara settled into Alan’s arms, and he was actually quite good. She didn’t dissuade him from caressing her cheek, or pulling her body closer to his, and when he asked if she wanted to stay the night, she looked toward the bedroom door.

“An opportunity to stay in my old room?” She smiled sweetly at Alan. “I think I would like that,” she murmured, her dark eyes meeting his.
Item
A module with:

Vibro-longsword

Exalted Conceal Arcana Active (118 r)
Character Tracker
Frag Grenades x18
  • 1 spare E-clip 10 PP
Synthetic Immortality
Creeper stats
The Creeper

Upgrades
Minor Upgrades:
+2 Driving
Major Upgrades:

Drivebot
Intelligent Construct
Neural Net AI (-2)
Medium Frame (0)
Standard Vocal Unit (0)
Character Tracker
Frag Grenades x18
Major Psionic
Adventure Card

Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

The Morning After

Fully half the Jokers are elsewhere during the night--Ozzati spends his night in the park, while Growler, Jacob and Sara all accept invitations to stay elsewhere.... Still, duty calls, and so in the morning, everyone makes their way back to the inn for breakfast. The boys are sent off with a last morning rough-and-tumble, while Sara is given a gentle kiss and invitation to return anytime she likes, certainly not having to wait until her order is ready.

Over breakfast, you may exchange any tales you want, or simply clutch your coffee while you try to wake up.
Sara
Note that you have a personal direct message; you definitely want to read it.
Herra, Roy, Growler and Ozzati
Make Vigor rolls at -2--if you have specific resistances to disease, take that benefit. No immediately visible effect, regardless.
Having fed and rejuvenated, you head towards the Monolith again to confirm the operation of the Line Tap. As you reach the plaza surrounding the Monolith, you see a faerie zooming swiftly up to the door, carrying a scroll-tube that's longer than she is tall. The Watcher comes out and admits her, closing the doors behind them.

When you get to the door, it again opens. The Watcher comes out. "There will be a brief delay, as the Masters are deep in conference. Follow me to the waiting room." The sepulchral figure turns and leads you through the doors, along a high-tech tunnel of chrome and recessed lighting, to a sliding door. Beyond it lies a Victorian-era banquet hall, with a table full of fresh fruit, pastries, lunchmeats and other snackable foods, along with a collection of (non-alcholic) beverages to choose from. There's a chair for each of you (one of which is absolutely built for SnackHappy's massive frame and tail, and another obviously designed to accommodate Ozzati's strange build).

Attempts to quiz the Watcher about the nature of the 'conference' are politely but firmly rebuffed. The funereal D-bee withdraws, leaving you to sit and chat.

Time passes.....

About two hours into your wait, there's a sudden surge of large-scale magic. It's exact nature takes some effort to dissect, as it seems to entail a large number of different magics, mostly pertaining to dimensional effects.

An hour after that, Irene LaRue enters, looking distracted and put out, but also energized--and also wearing a filtration mask that gives her voice a weird, echo-y distortion. "Sorry for the trouble, folks. The Array is working... but not as originally intended. Due to a bit of bother that's come up, I was tasked to alter the original design. A bother, but at least I got to check off the 'Reverse the Polarities' item off my bucket-list, so there's a thing. Anyway, this whole project turned out to be quite fortuitous, and once this little affair is over, we'll be setting it up for tapping the Line again. In the meantime, enjoy the city's amenities. I was told you're planning to stay a week--that should be plenty of time, so it really won't even inconvenience you. Just do exercise some reasonable caution if riots break out, and you should be fine."

She's clearly about to turn and go, but not so swiftly that no one has an opportunity to try to ask questions, at least.

The Obvious Questions

What's going on?
"Hm? Oh, right, you weren't at the meeting, and you wouldn't hear the public announcements in here. Well, city's going under quarantine. New flu-like illness sweeping through the city, all of a sudden-like. Unfortunately, this strain is, of all things, resistant to magic, so we're having to get a little old-school in addressing it. Dictator Mercator has decided that the city needs to be quarantined until we get a grip on it--far as we can tell, it's isolated to Kingsdale, so if we can put a cap on it here, so much the better for everyone, you see?"

What's the nature of the disease?
"Well, like I said, it's flu-like in symptoms; fatigue, fever, digestive tract issues coming and going. Still early days, but the virus seems very virulent. No deaths yet, so we're hopeful."

What was that about riots?
"Well, when you have a city full of Juicers and Crazies, and you tell them all of a sudden, 'Sorry, you can't leave', things can get a bit dicey."

What's the quarantine entail?
"Well, we've established that it really is contained to the city, for now. So we've instituted a multi-front lockdown. First, all the gates are sealed, and we've authorized the use of non-lethal force on anyone attempting to get over the walls. The Forest Rangers have been authorized, in turn, to use lethal force on anyone who gets outside half a mile from the walls; since none of them are showing symptoms at this time, this is as much for their own defense as it is to maintain the quarantine. We've also just finished a magical ritual that will hopefully prevent teleportation out of the city, and interdimensional travel. Finally, I adjusted the Line Tap, as I mentioned earlier--it's now a jamming device, drawing any radio signals into the Ley Line itself, preventing their transmission. We don't want the CS learning that we might be vulnerable right now, after all."

What can we do to help?
"Well, if any of you happen to be trained Body-Docs, we can use all hands on deck on that front. If you're so inclined, you could sign up for wall and gate patrol duty--the Legion's got a good rep here, so that'd get you in pretty quick. For that, you can go over to City Hall--pretty much all the other offices are closed for the day while we process complaints about the quarantine, I'm afraid, so any business not related to signing up for the patrols is not likely to get done. Outside of that, we just ask that everyone keep a cool head and try to not let tempers flare. A mass panic could lead to a second Uprising, and we don't need that kind of body count. Encouraging life-as-normal, with the exception of the usual precautions during a disease outbreak, will be a big help." She pauses. "I suppose there is one other thing you could do directly, if you wish. But for that, when you go to sign up for the patrol, mention the Special Investigation; they'll tell you more.

She pauses, then, to see if there are any more questions.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Roy

Post by Roy »

Vigor fail, two bennies used
Vigor [dice:26lkke9u]62819:0[/dice:26lkke9u]
Wild [dice:26lkke9u]62819:1[/dice:26lkke9u]
Reroll
Vigor [dice:26lkke9u]62819:2[/dice:26lkke9u]
Wild [dice:26lkke9u]62819:3[/dice:26lkke9u]
Reroll
Vigor [dice:26lkke9u]62819:4[/dice:26lkke9u]
Wild [dice:26lkke9u]62819:5[/dice:26lkke9u]

Exalted Detect Arcana + All mods
Sellcasting [dice:26lkke9u]62819:6[/dice:26lkke9u]
Wild [dice:26lkke9u]62819:7[/dice:26lkke9u]
Ace [dice:26lkke9u]62819:8[/dice:26lkke9u]
Forgot One With Magic = 17

Roy listens, the ritual must have gone off while he was sleeping. He stretches him awareness out feeling it for strengths and weaknesses. People will exploit something like this if easiness are found and they will need to know if them.

"I'd be more 'in happy ta lend a hand in figuring out this bug. Can't say I feel sick at all myself, do ain't no reason not to join the patrols." After the meetings are done Roy will head with the others to sign up.
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Growler »

Vigor 4
Vigor (-2 due difficulty, +2 due IF)
  • Vigor: [dice:313uaptn]62821:0[/dice:313uaptn]
    Wild: [dice:313uaptn]62821:1[/dice:313uaptn]
    Result: 4 - Success.
"If we were to assist with the Patrols, I assume we would be able to carry all of our weapons at all times. Even though we are to use non-lethal force to deal with the problems on Patrol, having the lethal force visible may deter some problems. Also, my fancy sniper's rifle I have has a Neural Mace... and the Grenade Launcher attachment can also be loaded with Tear Gas or a similar type of munitions for crowd dispersal."
Last edited by Growler on Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Growler

Active Powers:
None

Base Amount
Ozzati

Post by Ozzati »

Vigor 18 _
Scene Modifier: -2
[*] Vigor (1d6) [dice:id7k7que]62827:0[/dice:id7k7que]
[*] Aced! Vigor (1d6+6) [dice:id7k7que]62827:2[/dice:id7k7que]
[*] Super Aced! Vigor (1d6+12) [dice:id7k7que]62827:3[/dice:id7k7que]
[*] Super Saiyan Aced! Vigor (1d6+18) [dice:id7k7que]62827:4[/dice:id7k7que]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:id7k7que]62827:1[/dice:id7k7que]
"If this is biological or even more specifically viral, then I can help. A Patient Zero, if we can identify them would be our best bet for a solid solution."

"Maybe you would be willing to trade some information after I have searched through cases and backtracked what leads can be found."
Ozzati
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • TK Revolver
Powers
Gizmoed Powers _
[*]
Chok'lat

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat bears the 2 hour wait poorly. He gets antsy, then begins juggling e-clips between 3 of his 4 arms, the last still clutching the Shield of Faith. Once the magic burst goes off and Irene emerges, Chok'lat listens as the others ask various questions. Finally, he chimes in. "Chok'lat's a demon. Chok'lat don't get sick. Chok'lat can go help in the city and stuff. Chok'lat can also smash heads to keep the crazy people from smashing other heads." He flexes, just to emphasize his point.
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Sara Turner

Post by Sara Turner »

Morning
Round 0
Alan Paulson
Sara had never had a night like this in her new body. She had to hand it to her sister. It was surprisingly...responsive. She hoped she didn’t let Alan down, but he seemed to...enjoy the experience as much as she had.

Sara listened to the tale of his injuries with no judgment. Tara had fought worse than brodkil while traversing the Hell dimensions to get home, and while Sara had been an essentially digital entity at the time, she had observed what brodkil could do at close hand. When his tale was done, Sara had simple smiled sympathetically and kissed him gently.

“Do you know who the man was that saved you?” she asked.
Sara didn’t pay much attention to breakfast. She didn’t eat, and so she merely pushed things around on her plate, more than happy to toss her bacon to Chok’lat to devour. Looking across the table at the demon reminded her of Alan’s tale. She resolved to keep Chok’lat away from the techno-wizard’s shop.

The wait at the Tower wasn’t much better. Sara even allowed herself to slip into Sleep mode in her chair, until they were informed of the success of the project at then the quarantine and disease.

“I will help,” Sara said. “I am not a cyber-doc, but I can do what is needed.” She would be immune to the disease, so if she could replace someone who would be susceptible, she should. She found herself hoping Alan would be okay.
Item
A module with:

Vibro-longsword

Exalted Conceal Arcana Active (118 r)
Character Tracker
Frag Grenades x18
  • 1 spare E-clip 10 PP
Synthetic Immortality
Creeper stats
The Creeper

Upgrades
Minor Upgrades:
+2 Driving
Major Upgrades:

Drivebot
Intelligent Construct
Neural Net AI (-2)
Medium Frame (0)
Standard Vocal Unit (0)
Character Tracker
Frag Grenades x18
Major Psionic
Adventure Card

Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Peta Chante
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Peta Chante »

Vigor 2, fail
Vigor [dice:192vtg60]62894:0[/dice:192vtg60]
Wild [dice:192vtg60]62894:1[/dice:192vtg60]
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature
SnackHappy
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by SnackHappy »

Waiting drags on. Jacob falls asleep watching the juggling. Catching some sleep he missed the night prior. Waking when the door opens he listens as the group asks the pertinent questions. Once the door closes again he turns towards the group. "Well then. As we are technically on some R&R I am not going to order you guys to assist. I however will be going and inquiring about this special assignment."

Walking out Jacob makes his way toward City Hall to ask about the Special Investigation.
Character Summary
Equipment of Note:

Weapon Systems:

Ammo:
  • 12 medium missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    24 BigBore Shells
  • 2 lbs
Str+d10+3d6

18/36/72 3d10+4

• ST Mods (8 points)
  • Parry +2 (2 pts)
  • Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Fearless (2 pts)

Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Growler »

"Well, if you are going to City Hall to help, so will I, Pack Leader. I REALLY hope they will let us have our big toys back... even if only while on duty."
Growler

Active Powers:
None

Base Amount
Roy

Post by Roy »

SnackHappy wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:50 am Waiting drags on. Jacob falls asleep watching the juggling. Catching some sleep he missed the night prior. Waking when the door opens he listens as the group asks the pertinent questions. Once the door closes again he turns towards the group. "Well then. As we are technically on some R&R I am not going to order you guys to assist. I however will be going and inquiring about this special assignment."

Walking out Jacob makes his way toward City Hall to ask about the Special Investigation.
Roy joins the others as they walk towards city hall to sign up. Whatever is going on here, he is unsurprising that his friends in the Legion are willing ot join in and lend a hand. After all isn't this what we are know for, solving the problems others cannot.

Plus if he can learn more about this disease that resist magic, and study it. Perhaps he can help find a way to circumvent this strength in the disease before it becomes a plague.
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

As the group largely make up their minds to go and see about helping out, they move to City Hall as a group. As they move through the streets, they see there's already small clusters of people complaining about the embargo. They also see some angry folks near the gate closest to the Monolith, shouting angrily about everything from missed appointments to civil liberties. The guards are showing restraint in their handling of the situation--outfitted with clear polymer riot shields and neural maces, they're not drawing the weapons at the moment, simply telling everyone to go back to their accommodations or residences. Still, it's easy to see how the situation could deteriorate, making things hit crisis levels very easily.

So yes, it's with a good deal of confidence that you approach City Hall, knowing they need the help. But just as you all arrive, Roy feels a wave of dizziness. Taking a moment, he realizes he's slightly chilled, even in his EBA armor, meaning he almost certainly has a mild fever. And, there's something a bit more worrisome--his supply of Potential Psychic Energy, which he tapped expanding his awareness earlier, is NOT recovering!

Roy's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
Roy has one level of Fatigue, and the PPE spent on Exalted Detect Arcana are not recovering--essentially, what he's got is what he'll have, unless he finds a way around this.
Whoever goes in--and Roy is fairly certain that his EBA will keep him from actually being contagious, though he feels like crap--is, indeed, welcomed into the Quarantine Enforcement Brigade as soon as you mention being with the Legion. Yes, even Chok'lat is handed a form to sign up with no more than a double-take.

Enlisting in the QEB does carry a few obligations--the enlistee is to be assigned shifts and spend time patrolling the Gates or the Wall. At this time, non-lethal force is to be used unless the would-be quarantine breakers use lethal armament first; an assortment of non-lethal gear can be requisitioned to aid in this task.
Requisitions
If you're going to be enlisting in the QEB, you can request any of the following gear. You are expected to pick up and drop off any gear at the beginning and end of your shift, respectively, though of course any grenades and specialty arrows are simply written off if you report you used them. You do need to have a bow to take an assortment of arrows (they don't actually stock bows themselves at this point, but some of the Forest Rangers use them, so they do provide specialty arrows).

You may take up 5 grenades or arrows of any type. Shields can be whichever size you prefer. You are expected to take at least one non-lethal weapon on duty; if you have one of your own, that's fine, but you're advised to make sure the dispatch officer knows that you have it when you check in at the start of your shift; if you don't, you might have to explain that it's yours when you come back.
Quarantine Brigade Gear.jpg
Asking about the Special Investigation Team immediately gets you directed to a back office, where a human man awaits, seated at a desk; standing next to the desk is an elven woman in a lab coat. "Lowell Grant,I'm in charge of the Kingsdale police department. This is Shaella, current head of the Office of Health and Public Works. I'll let her explain the why, then I'll get to the what."

The woman gives a graceful head-dip, and then goes into a brief lecture-mode. "Thank you, Chief Grant. Our medical technicians are, of course, attempting to identify the nature of the illness. But epidemiological analysis tells us one thing almost certainly--this virus is relatively fast-acting, as far as we can tell, which means that we would have noticed the spread long before it got this bad, if it weren't being distributed very quickly. Furthermore, the guards have insisted that no one showed up at the gates ill. This means we have one of two scenarios possible. First, we could be dealing with a Typhoid Mary situation, in which someone who is immune, but can still carry the illness, and who by nature travels around the entire city--including the Market Plaza, Dregstown, the theater at the Inn and City Hall itself--is spreading the disease unawares. The second possibility is more troubling--that this is a deliberately spread plague."

She shakes her head. "Normally, i would be reluctant to suggest that latter possibility, but the nature of the disease does make it likely. For one thing, it seems engineered to be highly resistant to magic of any sort; attempts to heal the illness magically--or psychically, for that matter--simply fail. And when we use supernatural means to alleviate the symptoms, the disease not only often surges back, but also frequently jumps to the one providing relief. While we haven't made this fact public, yet, I can tell you that every symptomatic person has some level of psychic or magical ability. And all of them have confirmed that they used those abilities in some fashion before symptoms arose. Such a specific form seems at least unlikely to have arisen naturally, though if a mundane individual had arrived bearing the disease, that might also account for it--though, again, such an individual would need to have visited most of the city within the last twenty-four hours in order to spread the way it has."

Chief Grant picks up as the Elven woman falls silent. "Right. So, we need to at least investigate the possibility that someone is deliberately spreading this thing. But, we need to do so discretely--a witch-hunt is the last thing we need right now. Alternately, if you can find this possible Typhoid Mary, that would be just as valuable. Report any findings either directly to myself, or to Doctor Shaella."

Instructions
Right now, stick to RP/asking questions. I'll be putting up a new thread with instructions. I will say you have several options, here:

1: Join the QEB. If Jacob or someone with Driving takes this option, then Sasha and/or the Creeper will be outfitted with a water cannon to help mod dispersal. Otherwise, it's head-thumpin' time, though right now things seem pretty under control.
2: Aid the Investigation. I'll be using a variant of VV's Mass Battle variant for that.
3: Go about your business. Hey, you didn't sign up for this--in theory, you're on vacation and can do whatever you want with your time.
4: Something else. If you've got an idea for something that doesn't seem to fit the other three, let me know, and I'll see what I can hook you up with. One possibility is working to keep the populace calm--this would have the potential of making the QEB's job easier, for instance.
Note, people will be able to do more than one of these, if you want to be on both the QEB and the SIT, for instance, there will be rules included for that.

Currently, only Roy is showing symptoms of the illness.

WHAT IS CURRENTLY KNOWN:

The disease resists the Healing Power (and Greater Healing) absolutely.
Use of the Relief Power can work, but triggers a fresh Vigor roll to check for disease advancement, as well as potentially infecting the caster.
Symptoms come on after the use of magical or psychic Powers.
The spread of the disease is highly abnormal, and suggests either a deliberate effort at biological terrorism, or the presence of a "Typhoid Mary" who is spreading the disease while being immune to it themself.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Sara Turner

Post by Sara Turner »

Morning
Round 0
OOC Comments
When is Sara’s mod ready? Did she get her donated mod back to reinstall?
Sara listened to what was happening in regard to the city. She looked at the others. She had the advantage of being immune to disease, but she couldn’t exactly say that without having to explain. But it meant that she could work around the clock.

Sara signed up for both the Quarantine Enforcement Division and the Special Investigations Team. Rob had caught whatever this was, and the sooner this was solved, the sooner he could be cured, as well as the rest suffering from the disease.

“Is there any indication that those who do not use mystic or psychic power are susceptible?” she asked. “You have a lot of juicers in the city who might not do well with confinement. But if they are immune, they could be allowed more freedom during the quarantine. Perhaps even augment your volunteers.”
Item
A module with:

Weapons carried
Vibro-longsword

Character Tracker
Frag Grenades x18
  • 1 spare E-clip 10 PP
Synthetic Immortality
Creeper stats
The Creeper

Upgrades
Minor Upgrades:
+2 Driving
Major Upgrades:

Drivebot
Intelligent Construct
Neural Net AI (-2)
Medium Frame (0)
Standard Vocal Unit (0)
Character Tracker
Frag Grenades x18
Major Psionic
Adventure Card

Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Ozzati

Post by Ozzati »

Ozzati thought he had a worthwile bargaining chip but LaRue ushered him out with the rest of the 7th as they were heading to City Hall.

At City Hall as the options were laid down, Oz decided he liked the SIT option much more, but not because he got all his equipment back. It just felt like the best use of his talents.

"I can use my gadgets in place of my current gizmos. Go strictly mundane, muggle-like as it were."
Ozzati
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • TK Revolver
Powers
Gizmoed Powers _
[*]
Chok'lat

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat shrugs all four shoulders. "Chok'lat can do lots of stuff. Everybody in the city knows Chok'lat is the strongest one here. Nobody wants to fight Chok'lat, so they play nice. Chok'lat ain't good at making people say what they know unless Chok'lat gets to scare 'em too, so maybe Chok'lat ain't the best for that? Or maybe letting Chok'lat have the big guns back might be smart if the people go crazy. What you think, SnackHappy?" Chok'lat signs up for the QEB, but waffles back and forth on the SIT, waiting for Snack to tell him what to do.
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Growler »

"Pack Leader SnackHappy, I am thinking that I should join in with a QEB... or even with a SIT. I think it is more important, however, that if we are joining them, we should do it as a group... or at least as a pair. Better to have each other around to watch each others backs than to be surrounded by strangers."
Growler

Active Powers:
None

Base Amount
Peta Chante
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Peta Chante »

Herra is repulsed by the nature of the disease, it sounds like something her old masters would engineer - or the Coalition. Imagine their glee at a disease that spreads through magic and psionics. Not want to be idle she volunteers to help with the investigation, "I will aid in routing out the culprits. Very few can withstand my interrogation techniques."
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature
Roy

Post by Roy »

As the lady explains the situation Roy nods. "I'd like to lend hand mam, but as I have been infected, some precautions will be needed and I should not be allowed to patrol fer dah people that's escaped."

"From what I can tell this thing is feeding off of my PPE. Err, that potential psychic energy, the stuff that fuels magic if your not an occultist or familiar with Lazlo's work. Well I don't know if I should try and starve it out by burning up all my juice or you know maybe I should sit tight and try not to cast any spells. But I am willing to work with the team and be poked if needed."
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Growler »

"If Pack Member Herra is going to investigate, someone should go with her as backup. I could help her instead of joining a QEB or SIT... or if she is willing to work around my schedule with them, I would then be able to get my Rifle/Neural Mace out of lockup to bring with me. Maybe they would even allow us to be part of a roaming QEB as we investigate, since I am sure they would like both tasks done."
Growler

Active Powers:
None

Base Amount
Caily

Post by Caily »

"I'm not really much of a guard. If you don't mind, Herra, I'll tag along with you and see if we can't turn up some info on what's causing this."
SnackHappy
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by SnackHappy »

"Agreed we should at least go in pairs. I'll go with Growler I'm sure we will have no problems pacifying the ones whom are trying to escape. Maybe we even find some leads in doing so."
Character Summary
Equipment of Note:

Weapon Systems:

Ammo:
  • 12 medium missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    24 BigBore Shells
  • 2 lbs
Str+d10+3d6

18/36/72 3d10+4

• ST Mods (8 points)
  • Parry +2 (2 pts)
  • Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Fearless (2 pts)

Chok'lat

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat shakes his head. "Chok'lat don't know nothin' about squeezing what people know out of 'em without really squeezin'. Maybe Chok'lat just does patrols?" He opts out of the SIT, preferring the focus of the QEB. He requests one stun gun, one neural mace, 4 stun grenades, and 1 smoke grenade. "Chok'lat can use all this."
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post

Return to “7th SET Adventure Forum”