Frenchies in The port of Collingwood (RP)

Exploits of Adventure Incorporated!
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Frenchies in The port of Collingwood (RP)

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Frenchies Famous
Frenchies
Frenchies
This establishment was famous for one thing. A mouth watering hot pastrami sandwich that could your most die hard vegan into a raving meat eating lunatic. The owner was an eclectic juicer that used his super human speed to buss the bar, make the food, seat the customers, chitchat, and clear the tables. He even kept a todo list pinned to his chest. His digital head piece said it all and welcomed those looking for a good bite while in port.
Jay Frenchie
Jay Frenchie
Inside the establishment was all sorts of old pre rift pinball machine games, and even a steller pool table. Seating was ample, and when folks came in Jay Frenchie gave them a quick nod and spewed, “WelcometoFrenchies, hotpastrami sandwhichescomingup. Getatableandplaysomegames.” he paused almost imperceptibly having turned on the juice and just left it pumping, “Nocoalitionfuckheadsallowed.”
0998D9C4-6C8F-4401-892B-E6990BED482F.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Phoenix

Re: Frenchies in The port of Collingwood (RP)

Post by Phoenix »

@Phoenix was hanging outside Frenchies waiting for the “others” to arrive. He was supposed to get to know these dreamers. Of course he would rather be off blowing some shit up, but a good pastrami sandwich might be ok as well. He had sent a message to the adventurers of ‘tuna via seagull if he could or courier if he had no other choice to meet for some get to know you time. Of course he had sent Huxley his white ghost dog to fetch @Tiny Tim. While he waited he thumbed the pin in and out of a grenade not used to just waiting in place for more than a few seconds.
Tex Arcana

Post by Tex Arcana »

Tex can't help but think of the meeting he'd had with Senator Thomm after his speech about Adventure Incorporated. His letter of introduction from the Three, well, not really the three, but one of their representatives having opened the door to let him speak directly. Senator Thomm had been friendly in the way a politician usually is. Tex had taken everything he'd said with a grain of salt. He reiterated the same objectives as he had said in his speech, but also provided a dossier of the team he was assigned to, Team Fortune. A name and a picture for each of us. A juicer centaur, a crazy, a dragon, and those are just the obvious ones. What have I gotten myself into? Who is kidding who? I am excited to see what is out there. The Rockies have been a hard stop, no one knows what's really out there.

He'd left the meeting and headed into town to eat one last mean on land before getting on the ship assigned to them.

"Frenchies! Well why not." Tex says after reading the small menu on the door. He walks in and recognizes @Phoenix from his photo. "Hey there. Mind if I join..." He sees the grenade in Phoenix's hand. His misgivings come back, we may not make it out of the harbor. "I'm Tex, your Phoenix, right? I hear we are both going to be shipping out on the good ship Fortuna."
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Phoenix cocked his white foe mowhawk toward @Tex Arcana. The pin in the grenade was half way out, he flicked it back in safe and secure for now. He smiled wide and overly glad, “Tex... A blast from the past! What did you think of Lazlo?” The question seemed a bit more retorical as Phdonix was all too happy to toss in his own assessment,” A place where almost everything was against some law or another. Bad language, chocolate, gasoline, uneducational toys and anything spicy. Abortion also illegal, but then again so is pregnancy if you don't have a license.” He kicks out a chair inviting @Tex Arcana to sit remembering he was being forced to get to know these people, “So what are you about Tex?”
William Rufus

Post by William Rufus »

The Briefing seemed standard, going over objectives and assignments, He heard his name called and told to report to Fortune,. He was a bit shocked at being assigned to that group and not one of the others groups , as a matter of fact, the groups sounded more like this company was looking for loot. but that couldn't be. But then again it is a reason to fight evil for some people.

When Fortune was given a smaller briefing about how and where they were going . Then someone mentioned meeting at a place called Frenchies. William could not believe some of his team, "There was a Centaur Juicer. A robot, a dragon,those were the non Human types. then there were some that i wonder if they could be legally declare miscreats of humanity, and finally me mr goodie two shoes . Who knows what I got myself into . and who is the leader of this Ragtag Outfit."

"The dragon, is a baby, I was hoping the robot or the centaur would be selected. But who am I to decide this. It will be up to a cyber-knight who is in over all Command. Am I to be the Moral compass for this group, the gods Help me."

I go into Frenchies and I see my old friend Phoenix, yep human but they call him a mutant, he is funny, and I know he will watch over me and I can go with what he decides. He knows Im a goodie two shoes, and it is OK with him. I wait for him to call me over and talk for me so I don't have to explain everything again.
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Ahh look, its Mr. Pussy...

In between jawing with @Tex Arcana he saw his old “friend” @William Rufus come in. Pheonix kicked out another chair at the table they were at and waved William over, “God I love to hate this place! Tex, this here is sweetheart Willy, I don’t think there is a lady that could say no to his two steppin’ heart of pure gold.” The demolition man swiveled his head around just making sure William’s nemesis Lance hadn’t followed him out of the grave deserving another grenade in between his chocolate speedway.
William Rufus

Post by William Rufus »

William smiles When Pheonix calls him over, especially when he bends the truth about him, yes he knows he will say a pray to the gods for enjoying that, but he knew they would forgive him especially when Phoenix protects their unworthy servant.

William in his very ornate armor goes over and sits in the designated seat, and speaks "Hi Phoenix, anything interesting going on yet?" he turns to Tex and offers his hand, Names Lt William Rufus. The Lt is honorary, you can call me William, Willy, Angel Lucky, Idiot, or any numerous derogatory names I been called. I answer to them all. Did I miss any Phoenix?" He says with a big smile.
Last edited by William Rufus on Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic

Wearing

Celestial Staff

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Luck extra Benny
Erebus Caine

Post by Erebus Caine »

Collingwood/Frenchie’s
Lunch
Round 0

It had been a long time since Erebus Caine had been anywhere resembling civilization. For supplies, he mostly relied on small villages, or even outright theft from many of the Coalition supply depots dotted around what was now CS Minnesota. But occasionally he did have to come in, and since the Coalition cities were now off limits to him, he ended up in places like Collingwood, which is where he had been instructed to meet his new team.

The hotel was too nice. It didn’t have roaches. But it allowed him a shower, and he could clean his gear, replace what needed replacing, and resupply on ammo and other items.

Caine walked warily into Frenchie’s. There were entirely too many D-Bees in this town, but it had been a long time since Caine had a good pastrami sandwich. At the instruction of “no Coalition fuckheads allowed” he almost instinctively reached for the sidearm at his hip. He still had to remind himself he wasn’t one of those Coalition fuckheads anymore. Looking around, Caine had to guess he’d probably put holes in more Coalition fuckheads than the others in the establishment.

“Coffee,” Caine told the juicer bussing tables. He didn’t drink. He needed to keep his mind clear to stay alive. Coffee was allowable, except on the days when he was going to be shooting someone. He didn’t want caffeine jitters messing with his shot. “Looking for some blokes called Fortune.”

After being directed to the right table, Caine walked over, examining them. They all looked Human, thank God. Caine moved around the table, taking a seat where he could see all the exits, and had the fewest people behind him. It was also clear of any vantage from the windows. When you were a sniper, you learned how to stay out of sight lines.

“Caine,” he introduced himself. “Erebus Caine. Formerly Sixth Mobile. Not with them anymore.” His eyes scanned them, looking for any reaction to his being from one of the most famous Coalition military brigades. He kept his hand close to his pistol, just in case.

Pace: 8 (Run d8); Parry: 6 (7 with JA-11); Toughness: 14 (5)
Bennies: 4/3
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage when attacking creatures Size 3+
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
Assassin: They add +2 to damage rolls when foe is Vulnerable or have The Drop.
Danger Sense: When rolling for Surprise, add +2 to Notice roll to act in the first round. With a raise, start the encounter on Hold. In other situations not covered by the Surprise rules (a sniper shot, pit trap, poisoned drink, etc.), Danger Sense gives a Notice roll at −2 (or +2 if a Notice roll is usually allowed) to detect the hazard and take appropriate action. If this was an attack and the hero makes the Notice roll, the foe doesn’t get The Drop against him.
Double Tap: Double Tap can only be used with weapons that have a Rate of Fire of 1 and can fire two shots without needing to manually reload. It adds +1 to hit and damage at the cost of one extra bullet. This is per action, so a shooter can Double Tap more than once if she performs a Multi-Action. Double Tap cannot be combined with Rapid Fire. If used with a weapon capable of Three Round Burst, it adds +2 to Shooting and damage instead of +1 and expends six bullets.
Level Headed: Draw additional Action Card in combat.
Marksman: If don’t move in a turn and fires no more than a ROF 1 as first action, may add +1 to an Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Range, Scale, or Speed. This is a lesser version of the Aim maneuver and does not stack with it. Marksman doesn’t apply to additional attacks after the first.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Pheonix’s eye raised at @Erebus Caine’s former employer. His smile half vanished and his hands went for his grenade satchel. I’ll never make it, not on this guy. He looks like the kind of guy you only meet because he was not sent to kill you... But he changed his mind after a split second putting his hands in view resting on the table. “Former eh? I heard the sixth was wiped out on patrol. So are you former because you survived, disagree with the coalitions politics, or like me, just did not like the food anymore. Name’s Pheonix.” Pheonix was an exile of the CS himself, forced to leave due to some circumstantial evidence surrounding the demolition of a top secret facility called Echo Base.

He kicked out a chair for @Erebus Caine and gestured to the other two at the table, “This here is Tex, and Sweetheart Willy. I am not sure they got coffee but they make a damn fine hot pastrami on rye.”
William Rufus

Post by William Rufus »

William looks at Erebus and smiles not fully aware of what he is talking about then his mind starts to click various things together after while looking at Phoenix, Ah, must be a CS bad unit that kills anything not human, good or bad. It seems like he didn't like it.

William speaks to Erebus, "Welcome to the group, if you need any help. You can depend on me. I am new here so if you can explain a lot of things to me I would appreciate it."
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic

Wearing

Celestial Staff

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Luck extra Benny
Tex Arcana

Post by Tex Arcana »

The tall, lanky mage looks down at the man with mowhawk, his eyes darting from his face to the grenade. He purses his lips for a moment. Well, I've lost the initiative in this encounter, no trying to bluff like I don't care, better to make a joke of it. He smiles as he pulls the chair an extra bit away from the table as he takes a seat. He nods to the grenade, "Just hoping to keep all my limbs through lunch, I'd hate to loose my sea legs before I even get to the boat."

Tex takes a quick look at the menu at the wall and decides between pastrami and pastrami, "I'll have the pastrami."

"Lazlo probably only has something against you specifically, @Phoenix . I find the city a hub of positive energy, pointing to a bright future," he says with a grin.

He looks up at as @William Rufus as Pheonix makes the introduction. Taking Pheonix's cue, and William's dissembling, he holds up his hand and says, "I'll stick with Will or William. Name's Tex. So, I got the impression you are not from around these parts. Myself, I'm from the south, a place called Houstown. A bit of a rough and tumble place, but still a solid bit of civilization out in the middle of no where."

As @Erebus Caine introduces himself, he frowns and doesn't look up until he's got his expression under control, he turns his face up, neither friendly or unfriendly, and says, "Welcome Caine. Sounds like you've found the error of your ways. Grab a seat."
Ajax

Post by Ajax »

The centaur peers dejectedly at the door, and muses to himself, loud enough to be heard. "If I had taken the titan treatment, I'd be forced to make a bigger hole." He squeezes himself, barely, through the door, then scans the room for those he'd be traveling with. He's as big as a horse, but manages to pick his way deftly through the tables until he reaches the bar. With a slight nod, he acknowledges the owner's rig, scans the scant menu, and orders two of the pastrami sandwiches. Turning back towards the crowd, he finds a table of folk that stands out among a building full of people who stand out. This would be my Fortune, it seems. He approaches, plates in hand. "You are the crew of the Fortune? I am Ajax." He stoops low in order to bow, but still towers over the table. "I won't need a chair." He chuckles, sounding almost like a horse's whinny.
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
William Rufus

Post by William Rufus »

William greets the centaur. "Hello Sir, I am William Rufus, I guess this place doesn't have many of your race in here." Wow, this is the first time I have seen a centaur. They do exist!

William now answers Tex's questions concerning about not being around here, "I come from a different Earth. On my world we just have humans, no other races like Ajax, although you and other races are mention in our myths. We are fighting Demons and Devils, not sure why they want our world. Well anyway, to help us battle these evil beings, the gods have sent us Angels. The Angels have trained men, like me, along with normal solders to help them fight the hordes of demons. The guardians can use grace to help overcome the enemy and we have enhanced mind powers too. we are usually assigned duties with a group of military men to provide support, like knocking down the enemy strong points, healing, help Moral! When you Group the guardians together it is usually to act as a Special Forces, unit with the Angels. Usually we go into hell and retrieve captives and close the rift. That was my last mission, before the god's decided to send me here. So yes I jut fell of the Boat, no not the one we are going to get on. At least I hop not."

William looks around, "That's why I what you to watch out for me because , I am naive about this world. But I promise I will always have your six."

William smells the pastrami and orders,
"I'll have two Pastrami Subs one to go. Oh, do they come with dill Pickles? if not two of them. Thank You." as he smile at the waiters smiles back.
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic

Wearing

Celestial Staff

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Luck extra Benny
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

“‘Jax you must be the captain...” Captain obvious. Still the dark skined fair haired foe mowhawk man pulled the chair gently aside makimg it easier for @Ajax. “Get your tower on!” As far centaurs went Pheonix had only seen them as bits and pieces after a job went well. A little town just south of Lazlo had been one of Pheonix’s odd jobs. It was cool to see one still breathing.
Pheonix nods off for a second dreaming of something crazy
Pheonix put a hand over @Tex Arcana’s delicious samdwhich. Not touching it or anything but just wardiing @Tex Arcana off. He pointed at the door pulling out some grenades and gave sweetheart @William Rufus a knowing nod. He whispered as if sharing an important secret with everyone gathered, “ Any of you heard of The 52 Jacks? 52 of the meanest sun of a bitch pirates this side of the Miss’, and fugly to boot. All of them named jack.”

A fracking ugly albino peg leg man with a laser rifle stumbled in wearing a floppy hat, torn pants and ripped pirate shirt. His crooked nose was bent almost circular, and his left eye drooped almost two impossible inches. He snarled spittle dripping from a permanently busted lip hefting the rifle twoards the crew of the ‘tuna. “Yarr be them yeah blazes! Da name be Pegleg Jack, an Death has come to ye all!” More pirate clothed men each uglier than the next behind him were pushing their way in armed with all manner of weaponry. From rail guns, plasma weapons, arcane spell slingers... You named it and some jack had it.

Pheonix chuckled. It was time to see just what everyone could do. He knew that the only way to get to know anyone was see them in action. “Let’s get to know each other!” He tossed a couple grenades through the window flipping the table for cover himself and his new friends, “Get your freak on!”
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

The door to the delicatessen dinged faintly as a young woman entered, clad in clingy red jumpsuit with the Fortune insignia on the shoulders and over the heart. She had short, dark hair and inquisitive eyes set over a pert nose and defined cheeks. She went up to Frenchie, completely oblivious to the fact that a grenade had been tossed out the window just before she came in.

"Hello," she said warmly, "I'm here to meet some friends. I'd like whatever meal and drink you serve that has the most sugars or simple carbohydrates, please."

The juicer regards her for a brief moment, then shrugs and gets to work building what looks like a sandwich that uses syrup-laden waffles instead of bread, and a thick clear colored liquid like juice for a beverage.

In the meantime the woman looks over the restaurant and spots the other expedition members where they sit. It's hard to mistake them for anything other than who they are, and she breaks into a wide smile and waves at them!

...and is immediately rather confused by how they're diving for cover?
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Tex Arcana

Post by Tex Arcana »

Tex glances over his shoulder at the cartoon pirate character that has wandered in. A sigh escapes his lips as @Phoenix throws his grenades. "This is why we don't have nice things, Pheonix," the mage says. As the first explosion goes off, Tex reaches for his glass to keep it from spilling.

Tex looks inward and finds his pool of potential psychic energy. Gathering his will, he raises one hand and snaps his fingers as he says, "Somnum". A wispy, ethereal cloud billows up from the floor around the door where all the clown pirates are entering. Pegleg Jack, his laser rifle on his hip ready to spray the room suddenly opens his mouth wide. A loud yawn heard over the sound of debris and bodies falling outside, it's contagious and the Jack next to him yawns as well. The third Jack, stuck in the doorway topples over to the ground, knocking the first two Jacks down as well.

Tex moves Pheonix's hand and picks up his sandwich in one hand. He drinks the last of his drink and looks over at Frenchie, "Backdoor?" The juicer nods his head to the back. "Thanks. Well gents and ladies, looks like it's time to head to the ship." Tex walks out taking a bit of his sandwich. He pays as he passes the bar. "This is truly a great pastrami. Thanks." He heads out back and down the alley. He waits a bit for the rest of his team of rowdies to assemble, and then walks casually down towards the piers.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Ahh well.Pheonix grabbed a hot sand which from the back counter of the restaurant and gave the juicer owner an apologetic shrug. He crept out of the bar following @Tex Arcana’s lead. He did not like leaving so many hot pastrami uneaten but he made a promise (coerced) to work with the ‘Tunas and uphold the ideals of Lazlo. Whatever the hell that is.
William Rufus

Post by William Rufus »

This is sad, William has been through these things with Phoenix before. He has learned it is better to do as Phoenix says, then to pick up a few dents and singe clothing. So Several things go through his head, and in Frenchies all at once.

First William tries to duck but realizes that he is on the other side, the pirate's side of the table. So, no problem he jumps over the upturned table, then tries to roll back to get in cover. He ends up facing a centaurs big rump. now that is not a pretty sight, it is also not a safe sight.
centaurs and horses have a bad habit of kicking. Guess who is behind Ajax.

The second thing he realizes as he brings his armor and wings up is, if the centaur gets behind the table there is no room for anyone else. So people are scrambling to get behind other tables and to tip those that aren't tipped well they get tipped over. so it is a comedy of errors William doesn't know wether to laugh or or cry, Yes a real slapstick comedy of errors.

Oh it isn't over the pirates have their own trouble and are trying to out due the Hero's Comedy show. The two grenades that Phoenix threw through the windows, ( say that ten times) Caused the pirate Horde to rush the door to get away from the Explosion! ever try to get twenty people through the doorway . Oh, that is funny now try to get twenty or more Piriats with weapons through the door. , that was the last time I saw the peg legged Albino Pirate as the rest come tripping and fumbling in. Eventually they go off and no boom just smoke.

So here I am and I calmly tell Phoenix, "Remember I told you About Rules of Engagement. ROLs. We have innocent civilians, we need to vacate them. I'll gather them up and have them go out the back door. No Phoenix don't laugh at that, not now!"

So I scream out, "All civilians out the back door hey, Frenchie get ready to open the back door."

William gets the civilians out the back door and follows Phoenix.
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic

Wearing

Celestial Staff

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Luck extra Benny
Erebus Caine

Post by Erebus Caine »

Collingwood/Frenchie’s
Lunch
Round 0

“Former eh? I heard the sixth was wiped out on patrol. So are you former because you survived, disagree with the coalitions politics, or like me, just did not like the food anymore. Name’s Pheonix.”

Erebus Caine eyed the man who kicked the chair out for him. “Let’s just say that we have some issues to resolve between us. Call it a difference of vision. They see themselves alive. I see them dead.” He took the seat and rested his hands on the table, clearly away from his weapons, though he could get to them quickly if he needed to. “There are a few Sixth still running around. Their ace SAMAS pilot just got herself promoted to captain. And the command platoon survived. They didn’t engage the Quiet Ones.”

Caine looked at the others around the table.

Then the man in the shiny armor spoke up. "Welcome to the group, if you need any help. You can depend on me. I am new here, so if you can explain a lot of things to me I would appreciate it."

Caine stared at him. Looked Human. That likely meant magic user. Well, fuck. “I’ll do what I can,” Caine said noncommittally.

"Welcome Caine. Sounds like you've found the error of your ways,” said the man in the duster.

“It wasn’t my ways that were in error,” Caine said dryly.

Then the centaur joins them. Caine hadn’t seen many of them on the Tolkeen front, but he’d done a tour or two in the western forts. Caine’s eyes went to the D-Bee’s flank, just behind the front leg. Best place to put a shot, right into the horse’s heart. That would put the fast bugger down on the ground. Only the head shot was better. Of course, it had a human heart up in the torso, but that would only keep it alive until you could put one through the head.

Caine started to give the others the same treatment. Phoenix was fine. He was Human. If he didn’t cause trouble or get in the way, he’d live. The man in the armor fought demons and devils. That was good. Those were hard bastards to kill. And he said he was human. But magic was dangerous. Eventually he would go crazy. It always happened. Magic did that. And Caine would have to put him down.

Caine’s contemplations of how to put down his teammates are distracted by the arrival of a stunning woman in a clinging red jumpsuit. He doesn’t realize he’s flashing back to the farm in Iowa, the wind coming over the prairie, pressing the new red dress he’d bought for his wife against her body as she twirls and laughs. She kisses him, welcoming him home. He pulls her to him. The dress blows away in the wind…

And then the window shattered as some fugly albino pirate threw a couple of grenades, upended the table for cover, and ducked.

Caine cursed. He launched himself at the woman in red to tackle her to the floor and covering her with his armored body.

“You okay, miss?” Caine’s rough voice asked after the explosions were over. He stared down into her eyes.

Caine helped her up. It looked like everyone was filing out the back door. Caine grabbed a couple of the wrapped sandwiches from the counter, gave the woman another look, and followed.

Pace: 8 (Run d8); Parry: 6 (7 with JA-11); Toughness: 14 (5)
Bennies: 4/3
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage when attacking creatures Size 3+
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
Assassin: They add +2 to damage rolls when foe is Vulnerable or have The Drop.
Danger Sense: When rolling for Surprise, add +2 to Notice roll to act in the first round. With a raise, start the encounter on Hold. In other situations not covered by the Surprise rules (a sniper shot, pit trap, poisoned drink, etc.), Danger Sense gives a Notice roll at −2 (or +2 if a Notice roll is usually allowed) to detect the hazard and take appropriate action. If this was an attack and the hero makes the Notice roll, the foe doesn’t get The Drop against him.
Double Tap: Double Tap can only be used with weapons that have a Rate of Fire of 1 and can fire two shots without needing to manually reload. It adds +1 to hit and damage at the cost of one extra bullet. This is per action, so a shooter can Double Tap more than once if she performs a Multi-Action. Double Tap cannot be combined with Rapid Fire. If used with a weapon capable of Three Round Burst, it adds +2 to Shooting and damage instead of +1 and expends six bullets.
Level Headed: Draw additional Action Card in combat.
Marksman: If don’t move in a turn and fires no more than a ROF 1 as first action, may add +1 to an Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Range, Scale, or Speed. This is a lesser version of the Aim maneuver and does not stack with it. Marksman doesn’t apply to additional attacks after the first.

Return to “Into the Unknown”