Mission Two: The Thief of Always

Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Mission Two: The Thief of Always

Post by Stoic »

After the crew is on board, Dorian returns to his furious state of solving a riddle. He has the ship's computer going full bore to map a sequence of numbers, that suddenly formed in his mind, crystal clear. After a solid three hours, he pauses and falls to his knees. In his mind's eye, Dorian sees it, in all it's glory. The Cosmic Forge. He sees it's pure white flames flicker, and he feels his mind connecting to it, and there it is, all the knowledge in the world, He instantly knows the answer to every question he ever had and then, he wakes up. He shakes his head, and frowns, walks over to the navigation system and with furious staccato rhythm types in coordinates, then finds the nearest chair and promptly passes out. Anyone who investigates notices that they are traveling to the Anvil system, in a largely unexplored sector.
OOC Comments
In fact a common knowledge roll will help you remember that this particular segment has a Bermuda Triangle type reputation, where ships are known to disappear, never to be found again. Additionally, they will realize that Dorian has encrypted the code to change the ship's path, only he can possibly change it. When he awakes after a good 12 earth hours, he uses the restroom and ravishes the food generation unit. The trip takes two weeks. During this time everyone is fully rested, healed, whatever. You can make an additional k/common/any other appropriate roll to determine more about this particular system. The better you roll, the more you know. I will give you two days for this task, after which we will move on.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Mission Two: The Thief of Always

Post by Stoic »

Interlude: Here you are again, hurtling toward uncertain fate. We can't feel TOO sympathetic for your group of misfits. Describe a dark tale from your characters past, perhaps explaining why you have a particular hindrance. Upon completing this task, make a free Heroes Journey roll on a table of your choosing and immediately apply it to your character sheet.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Common Knowledge, somehow he rolled a 6!
Common Knowledge [dice:119uf5kg]57800:0[/dice:119uf5kg]
Wild [dice:119uf5kg]57800:1[/dice:119uf5kg]
Ace [dice:119uf5kg]57800:2[/dice:119uf5kg]
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Smells like Dorian went crazy.
Interlude
Ducky looked up at the sky, it was a purple haze filled with the gasses errant from the near moon. Her blade was in her hand, and armor scuffed by blow and blast. Her visor had been ripped off her face by a hulking man clad in dark red sweeping armor. The surrounding landscape was dotted with hamlets and backwater villages. Not for the first time did Ducky wonder if these primitive reportedly harry ape like creatures knew what danger they were in and that Ducky was their best hope. Ducky had not come to this planet alone, her two allies The ever intrepid Invallian Luke and Hardy champion Antipas had accompanied her to stop Lord Of Destruction: Count Killmonger. An evil cosmo knight of the Omega Order that plagued the Anvil Galaxy to no end.

Ducky grunted and crouched having taken an omega blast to the chest. She looked towards her allies making sure the inhabitants of this world were being cleared. Another blast drew her attention. Killmonger strode forward shaking the ground. His dark blade dripped with Ducky’s blood. Her side had been slashed more than once. The evil being chuckled, ”Too little too late Lightning Bird.” He knocked over a spindly red and blue flowered boney barked tree. ”This world must be cleansed... Its core holds the secret of the forge’s creation.”

He brought his blade down, she was too slow, and it went passed her gaurd. Clang! A small magical dagger blocked it a hair’s breath from her neck. The blade of her ally Antipas! A missile from Luke hit Killmonger on the back. Killmonger roared and kicked Antipas back with a heavy armored boot and a searing beam lf red energy caught Luke in the leg. ”Maggots! Don’t ever let me see you again!” Ducky stood breathing heavily. The fight had been long, but she could focus for just long enough, she had too. Killmonger swung at her again, but this time she blocked it using the flat of her blade. The mad knight yelled in frustration, ”Why cosmo knight? Why keep fighting? You know I am right! We can take this world’s heart and find the forge together!”

Ducky ducked under another strike, rolling back and cart wheeling to the side. She sprang forward catching Killmonger off balance driving her blade underneath his into his heart. Surprise seeped over the dark cosmo knights face. Ducky grimaced and out of breath whispered, ”Why? The forge is in here...” She placed a hand on her heart then on his broken one, ”You lost sight of it... But it was always with you... To put it another way. Why keep fighting? Because that is what heroes do!”

A beam of light surrounded the dark cosmo knight as he laughed hanging on to life, ”Haha...argghh... You are a fool...” The evil knight was teleported away. Ducky never saw him again but she would never forget the smell of crazy sweat again.
Ducky went for Dorian with her blade in hand. She yelled at him, ”Stop Dorian! Forge help me, you will stop or I’ll space you myself.” She had no idea where they were but she had smelt crazy before... The kind of crazy the forge or rather fools hope of the forge could induce. ” Dorian... The forge... Its not out there. Its here...” She placed her hand over Dorian’s heart. Softly she said, ”The forge never disappeared, it has always been with you. Please Dorian you need to stop.”
Ducky Stat Block
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note:

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 benny for reroll kn battle
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Hindrance _
Hesperinth - Demon of the 7th Circle

Voss and his twin had proved relaible assets to many employers and owners over their long life. They produced many novelties and trinkets and helped in brokering many deals for those that owned them. They changed hands frequently, mostly because of bargains that were struck and they had no control of the outcome.

The Splynn Dimensional Market

Here in the Market, many things were fair game. One could lie, cheat, and steal with little reprucsion as long as you were not caught or proven guilty of the act. It would seem that vor every vile act there was an equally worthy and redeeming act. Which is where the Liberators fell.

Cleverly disguised to look like the riff-raff and scum of the market, these do-gooders were freeing and whisking away captives and slaves on a consistent basis. Code words dropped. Names given that were false. Identies faked and forged. Liberators did it all except recoding an individual, like a gene-splicer.

So it had come about, that the Gemini Demon Twins had been contacted. A month long process and preparation.

The details behind the scene were unknown to Voss but the execution went flawlessly. One minute Hesperinth had two Gemini Demon Cash Cows. And then they were gone.

Hero's Journey
Underworld & Black Ops
(1d20) [dice:1pj8vof7]58105:1[/dice:1pj8vof7] [19/8] Dirty Fighter Edge
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss
6 Advances - Seasoned 3 - Gemini Demon Shifter
Parry: 2 || Toughness: 10 [1]
PPE: 30/30
Combat Edge: None
Bennies: 3/3

Edit Signature
Dorian Falstaff

Post by Dorian Falstaff »

Ducky wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:53 am Smells like Dorian went crazy.
Ducky went for Dorian with her blade in hand. She yelled at him, ”Stop Dorian! Forge help me, you will stop or I’ll space you myself.” She had no idea where they were but she had smelt crazy before... The kind of crazy the forge or rather fools hope of the forge could induce. ” Dorian... The forge... Its not out there. Its here...” She placed her hand over Dorian’s heart. Softly she said, ”The forge never disappeared, it has always been with you. Please Dorian you need to stop.”
Dorian eyes the blade and appears to gear himself up for a biting rebuttal when Mr. Givens speaks up. Lord Director, forgive my presumption however I feel your usual bravado would serve you poorly at this time."

The Altess glares at the robot and opens his mouth to reply but then snaps it shut and nods in resignation. "You are most probably correct Mr. Givens." Then he looks @Ducky, "I can't. Well not without probably killing us all. You see, while repairing the ship we received an unusual encoded message. The code is unlike any I have seen before so I was naturally curious, thereafter when not busy with repairs I worked on deciphering it. I recall being on the cusp of doing so and then... nothing until I awoke in my bunk at which point Givens informed me of what "I" had done. Whatever moved me to hijack our destination also input some encryption I don't think I could break before we arrive. And it made alterations to the drive control systems that make manual shutdown nearly impossible to do safely."

Now that he has dropped his cool façade it is clear he is furious. "As much as I am curious where this leads I would shut it down out of spite if I could. I Do Not appreciate being compelled. Particularly when we were engaged in a job I quite wanted to see through. The kin of the Altess murdered to make those slides deserve closure."

With a sigh heavy with sadness and anger he looks back to the monitor he'd been working at, schematics of the Sovereign showing on the screen. "I suppose instead of wasting my time on this I could try to produce a safe version of the message for us. Hopefully there's some clue as to what we can expect. What do you think?"
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 5/17(9) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities: Dispel "drone" PPE 9/15
  • List of Abilities
: Exalted Quickness with a raise.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 17/25
Bennies: Dorian 3/3 Mr. Givens 2/3
Adventure Cards
  • #: Card - Effect
Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky was struck by @Dorian Falstaff’s honesty and forthrightness. But what could compell him so? She sheathed her sword feeling that if she needed she could swing it later. ”Do it Dorian. Find out who did this, why, and what the message says.”

She nods and passed Given’s closley enough to whisper into the metal man’s ear socket, ” Omega Protocol... Take us to Black.”

She stood lookimg at the viewfinder as if she could see where the ship was headed. Maybe she could... In fact though she was keeping a close radar on the crew waiting for the next tentacle to drop.
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Que

Post by Que »

Que thinks he has heard of this place before. But as the ideas settle in his mind, suddenly they are gone again. "Dang it. I must have failed my roll." He thinks out loud as he is unable to get his thoughts together about this place in the middle of nowhere.

"I think we should see if maybe one of the players wants to be the engineer. Because having an NPC in this role is killing us. First with the shady miss on the sabotage and now he pulls a Reginald Barclay sending us somewhere else in the middle of nowhere. We all know the GM is just choosing to let him fail the rolls instead of trying to actually help." When the rest of the crew does not know who Reginald Barclay and even worse just stare at him like he is crazy, Que remembers they are all into that "Real Roleplay" stuff. Whatever, he knows what is going on even if they don't want to talk about it.
Que (Rob T) Status & Conditions
Bennies 4 + 1 Platinum Benny
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

As the ship approaches the designated coordinates, Que starts to feel uneasy. As Que knows more than most, time is sort of flexibile, it can bend and in some cases, it can be broken. Not here in this system it can't. The entire flow of time if very precise, unbending. He can hear the perfect synchony of clicks in his head, and it drives him mad. (Que will find that all of his abilities are at a -2 for now.)

The ship heads towards a small dark planet, but as you approach you can see that there is civilization as indicated by the dots of lights you pick up. The ship sticks itself in orbit, and an autonomous drone ship boards, waiting for you all to get on it. Once you finally decide to do so, it whisks you down to a volcanic ruin of a planet that somehow civilization has managed to conquer. A timer on the ship says that your journey will take 8 hours exactly. Those of you who wish to do so, can take a nap.

As the end of the drone ships journey, you approach a massive city. You see that most of the structures are made out of metal, with a fair amount of what seems to be highly polished black rock.

You descend upon the center of the city, the VTOL system of the ship blowing a fair amount of debris up into the air. As you land, the ships door opens, and once you decide to come out, you see there is a circle of around 30 or so armored soldiers standing in a circle around the ship. They are wearing full environmental armor and carrying long spears. Inside the circle of men is a petite woman with long white hair. She is wearing a floor length black gown and seems to be the one in charge. Next to her is a man in skintight scarlet armor, the helmet a blank mask. A soft chuckle comes from the masked figure around the same time Ducky recognizes the forge madness scent wafting off of him. Killmonger.

"Thank you for coming" the woman says. "My name is Delaria, and this is my system." She looks at the assorted group and nods when she sees Dorian. "An Altess. You must be the one who cracked my message." She smiles coldly. "A precarious position. Smart enough to crack the code, but not smart enough to truly understand the forge. A pity. Thankfully, you are at least somewhat useful." She extends her hand and a pale colored sphere appears in it. "I need you to do something for me. You see due to my perspective, I am not allowed to interact with certain things as there are mmm... reprucussions. You however can see just enough to be useful, but not enough to be dangerous." She opens her palm and the sphere moves towards the group. You get an uneasy feeling at first, but quickly discover that it has a calming prescence. It lands a few feet away from the closest member of the group. "That is the infinity sphere. A gift. Once you complete my task, it is yours. You can trade it for quite a bit of credits and you will never have to work again. Or...you can unlock it's mysteries. Be wary, it is a powerful artifact and is not be treated lightly. Now, You can accept my offer and I will send you on a rather difficult yet satisfying quest...or you can leave, and never come back to this system again. I know this is not a simple request, so please, take some time to ponder it. You may go back to your ship if you would like, or you can be my guest and get accomodations in the finest luxuries Qaltaria has to offer. I need your answer by a weeks time though."

She nods and walks through the ring of armed men, who shift to allow her to leave.

Killmonger grins, the forge madness smell coming off even more so than earlier. He speaks in a voice that sounds like a rusted hinge opening. "You heard her. If you need to get a hold of me, just ask someone and I will know. Ducky....a pleasure." He stomps off after Delaria.

OOC Comments
Interlude. Tell us what your character does during the time Delaria has given you to accept her quest and take a Benny. After that, decide as a group if you are taking her up on her task or not. If anyone is looking for additional equipment or anything, please just ask via hangouts. I'm going to give the new SWADE gear acquirement rules a spin. As always any questions or concerns, please let me know.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Killmonger... You will die.

Ducky looked at the sphere. Credits mattered little. What mattered was coming back here and killing the fallen knight Killmonger. By grace of the forge... I am here for a reason.

Her voice was hard and crackled with a hint of electric zeal, ”I don’t need a week. I-Am-In.” Her eyes looked at Killmonger and then queen D. Despite the guards she wanted to strike now. But she stayed her hand knowing the forge had a reason. ”There is always a reason... Killmonger... After this you and I, one of us walks a way I promise you that.”

Then he walked away. He always took me to litteraly. Her pretty smile darkened as she wondered why he was here and what the assignment was.
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Ducky wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:36 pm Killmonger... You will die.

Ducky looked at the sphere. Credits mattered little. What mattered was coming back here and killing the fallen knight Killmonger. By grace of the forge... I am here for a reason.

Her voice was hard and crackled with a hint of electric zeal, ”I don’t need a week. I-Am-In.” Her eyes looked at Killmonger and then queen D. Despite the guards she wanted to strike now. But she stayed her hand knowing the forge had a reason. ”There is always a reason... Killmonger... After this you and I, one of us walks a way I promise you that.”

Then he walked away. He always took me to litteraly. Her pretty smile darkened as she wondered why he was here and what the assignment was.
Voss stood silently watching the exchange between @Ducky and Killmonger. Knowing Ducky, she has a past with this smelly ... dude? What was he anyway.

Whispering to Ducky, "Do we need to gather some intel?"

While Voss waited for some direction or at least an answer, he began searching for sources of power, specifically the Ley Lines.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

The Infinity Sphere

Each if you has heard of an infinity sphere before. Go ahead and write a brief interlude about your characters version if talk tales about an Infinity Sphere, then take a Benny.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Dorian Falstaff

Dorian doesn't wait for permission to snoop, even had the "liege" not been arrogant and dismissive of him he would be trying to gather data on this heretofore unknown civilization. Once Ducky makes it emphatically clear they will be taking this job despite the several ominous things thus far he opens his comms to search for signals. Preferably a nice civilian data net to start with and get some basics about these people, their culture and technology, and most importantly who the hells Delaria is.

He remains silent until the team is reasonably safe from eavesdropping. "Something here is personal for you Ducky and while Mr. Givens and I will certainly back your play I do feel we should at least milk the week offered to learn more. Given the company she keeps Delaria's motives and history beg examining."
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Que

Post by Que »

As the woman talks Que instantly recognizes the tell tales signs of villainous soliloquies. But when the infinity sphere comes out he takes a step back, as box forms around the thing preventing anyone from touching it. Those things are dangerous, he should know. The Gene Splicer that designed him used one to create a permanent bridge between himself and the rest of possibility. They are like portal ley lines that fit in your palm, to be offering one is ridiculous. Obviously a trap if there ever was one.

Looking at the woman Que says. "If we say no to being your pawns, what then?" Of course she would lie about 'what then'. But he wanted to the others to hear the lie themselves.

Later at the team is more isolated Que raises a quantum isolation field around them and turns to @Ducky. "Boss i do not trust this lady. She is obviously the true villain of this mission. But I do not know if we will be allowed to just leave. And @Dorian Falstaff has decided to go full plot device, so I am not sure if we can even trust him to not rat us out.

"This place is inside of some sort of maelstrom everything around it has temporal feel to it, that is not good. If we do this mission, I think we will be helping the villains."

Looking around he says. "The worst part is that Infinity Sphere. That is not the kind of thing you use as payment. That is bait, there is no way she lets that out of her sight for long. It is like a mobile ley line, the kind of thing they use for reactors of the giant Warlock ships. I know, because one was used in whatever process that Gene Splicer used to make me.

"After each mission part of my scrubbing even used one, to make sure I stayed what he needed."
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Infinity Sphere
The dark figure in black metal armor stood silently, a shadow. She, for it was a she, had no discernible marks say for a blazing red omega sigil on her left breast plate. Currently she was hovering over the liquid filled specimen housing looking intently into the swirl of bubbles. The housing was large enough for a human, it beeped and whirled softly. A large 10ft ganglely humanoid with pale gray skin and ocular implants for eyes was near at a console tapping rapidly on the 3-D holographic key board.

The gray man, a gene splicer by all accounts, whispered, ” Do you have it? Do you have the Sphere?”

From within the folds of her armor she produced a small round metallic sphere. Her voice washard as if one never to be trifled with, ”The Omega Order fulfills all contracts.”

The sphere lifted as if by its own accord out of her hands and into the genesplicer’s over sized outstretched fingers, He cackled softly, ”Good... Good...” Holding up to the light he held it pintched between two fingers, ”Endless, All Bearing, Infinity.... Names by which it goes by. Do you know anything about it Cosmo Knight?”

The black armored knight stood motionless, evil simply wafted off of her presence.

The splicer coughed and dropped the sphere into a cradle that was conected to the specimen chamber. The splicer’s focus was drawn to his computer read out, but he off handedly monologued, ”I can create a being able to perceive beyond time, and through reality. He will see the world for what it truely is... He will be my son and unstoppable... Even the cosmic knights your order is set against will be unable to do anything against him, they will be but insects. He the boot.”

The chamber bubbled and the dark knight saw a body within the swirling mass.

The splicer coughed again, ”Blast... Fools. The Warlocks merly thought it was a leyline... Hehehe... Only in the crudest most understated sense. They use these to help power their mightiest ships... Long ago the forge created guardians before the cosmo knights, guardians beyond thought and form. They could see beyond the mer confines of reality. Perhaps, if the ancient records are right they even resembled a vast leyline. Far more powerful than even a Promethean. It is unknown why these guardians left, but here.” The splicer tapped the sphere, ”Here is one of the last vestiges of their essence.”

The knight nodded having heard enough. Her golden hair twirled as she made her exit.

As she left the Gene Splicer whispered, ”Thank you Thunder Duck of the Omega Order.”

The dark knight stopped and looked at the gene splicer with blazing blue eyes. Most knew better to call her by her cosmic name. A power welled in her like a dark night encapsulating a sun. Her voice unbridled with anger, ”Ducky if you please. Do you have a name for him?”

The gene splicer chortled as his device took the power of the infinity sphere and flooded it into the specimen chamber, ”Que... Just Que...”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Dorian logs onto the local network easily. He finds its more sophisticated than he thought a unknown system would have, but it's still nothing for him to cut his way through it. Some quick searches reveal that Delaria is revered here as a god. The entire planet was built by her, forged from solid rock. Some more searches reveal that when Delaria first played the planets most popular sport, Feryaq, she scored 20 goals all by herself, a most impressive feat.
Dorian
If you want to dig deeper than the propaganda, give me a computers/hacking whatever edition we're currently in roll, please.
Que

Delaria looks to you, her face void of expression. "If you want to leave, then leave."
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Dorian Falstaff

Dorian looks up from his wrist display a moment. "Aside from his delusional rantings about myself, the insane child has some good points. These are not the kind of people we help. For any price. That said, were we to feign doing so at least long enough to learn what it is she wishes, we then may be able to find ways to make said ends unachievable or at least harder." While part of him was eager to find a way to end this scenario with the Sphere in the teams possession it was overruled by his previous experiences with one of the artifacts.

He goes back to working at his computer for a moment then speaks back up, his tone not one of recrimination but of remembrance. "It's not just a ley line, it's all ley lines. And a slice of nearly everything else." Seeing looks of confusion at best he tries to explain. "Think of this reality like an onion. With layers. Some layers, such as the skin, are distinctly different than most of the onion but still unmistakably part of said onion. Much like our astral and shadow planes. But most of it is layer after layer of the largely the same stuff. That stuff is everything and everywhere in our dimension. If you took the thinnest of all possible layers of that everything and then wadded it up, crushing it into a sphere so compact that all points everywhere were effectively touching. That is a true Infinity Sphere. What the Warlocks use is the same in principle but on a smaller scale, thank the forge."

He turns back to his research in the planetary data system. First just getting a feel for there systems and tech, then looking for the dark corners in it where the rabble rousers always congregate.
Hack the planet! 14
Computers [dice:127r6sol]59274:0[/dice:127r6sol]
Wild [dice:127r6sol]59274:1[/dice:127r6sol]

WIP
Corbantis Science Station, 70 standard years ago.

Dorian stared at the readouts in disbelief, the energy level of the singularity cutter was nearing critical levels and the skin of the artifact had yet to be breached. "My readings are nearing redline, how are things on your end, are we close sir?The device in question was a repurposed superweapon designed to punch holes in a planets crust. The modifications to its output array making it for highly focused molecular cutter was the work of a team of grad students that included Dorian and Altorio. piercing the skin of the sphere was an alleged thought exercise by posed by the Lord Director of Theoretical Physics of the Royal Academy of Science to a rare non Altess visiting professor, the In'Valien Savant called Luke.

He and his team of students solved the problem, but when it was revealed to have not been a theory but an actual situation at the L.D.s private research station, and the teams help was requested in the attempt to make it happen. Luke and several of the undergrads refused, Luke eventually leaving the Dynasty over the matter. Dorian's curiosity was more developed than his common sense and he was among those who stayed on.
Last edited by Dorian Falstaff on Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Support Dorian with Persuasion. [dice:1p3rubwa]59275:0[/dice:1p3rubwa] wild [dice:1p3rubwa]59275:1[/dice:1p3rubwa]
Free reroll: [dice:1p3rubwa]59275:2[/dice:1p3rubwa] wild[dice:1p3rubwa]59275:3[/dice:1p3rubwa]

Ducky hits up a few local hotspots and meets Turdge Tuggle, a space faring Psi Ghost who knew her when she had been an absolute force for good. After a few kind words Ducky was given a ticket. Even though she could not read she felt if she gave it to someone eho could it might hold the location of a group of rabble rousers.

She tapped Given’s lightly on the shoulder, ”Mister Givens please give this to Dorian. I believe it may be of some help.”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Que

Post by Que »

Que listens to Dorian try and explain the effect. Close, but honestly it was like the guy only knew the basics. Mumbling a bit to himself. "Well no point correcting the poor NPCs thinking. I guess it is close enough for a guy being run on the side."

Looking at the others Que shields their minds then links them to allow for private conversation. "Um, so yeah, are we going to take her job and double cross her at the end so we can learn what she is doing? Or are we going to take her job and do it, because that is what we do?

"I mean she said we can go, so I think maybe she is nicer than I thought."
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Que wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:20 pm Que listens to Dorian try and explain the effect. Close, but honestly it was like the guy only knew the basics. Mumbling a bit to himself. "Well no point correcting the poor NPCs thinking. I guess it is close enough for a guy being run on the side."

Looking at the others Que shields their minds then links them to allow for private conversation. "Um, so yeah, are we going to take her job and double cross her at the end so we can learn what she is doing? Or are we going to take her job and do it, because that is what we do?

"I mean she said we can go, so I think maybe she is nicer than I thought."
Back to Que Ducky thought trying with little success to hold back anger, not for Que but for crossing paths with an old foe and her own mentor... ”We do the job. Dorian has lost perspective and I... For the forge why is Killmonger here!? We do the job and get queen to throw in a face to face with Killmonger. You ever kill a Fallen Cosmo knight Que? The omega order retains all of the special qualities that make a Cosmo Knight minus the doing good part. We do the job, we kill Killmonger because that is what we do.”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Que

Post by Que »

Ducky wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:02 pm Back to Que Ducky thought trying with little success to hold back anger, not for Que but for crossing paths with an old foe and her own mentor... ”We do the job. Dorian has lost perspective and I... For the forge why is Killmonger here!? We do the job and get queen to throw in a face to face with Killmonger. You ever kill a Fallen Cosmo knight Que? The omega order retains all of the special qualities that make a Cosmo Knight minus the doing good part. We do the job, we kill Killmonger because that is what we do.”
Like a switch in his head being throw Que looses all levity and thinks back to Ducky. Yes ma'am. Killmonger is our target then. Confirming the orders, which sink into his mind as something old in him is triggered.
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

The Fallen Coamo Knights eye parches narrow. Her natural radar focused entirely on Que. “We do whatever the queen’s job is Que. like you said, its what we do. I...” Her thinking short circuits as she found Que’s blithe acceptance to the murder mission troubling. Whats more, the morality of her own desire for revenge had finally sunk in... It was wrong... Que knew it, and so did she. “Thanks Que... We do the job for the queen and find a way to bring Killmonger to justice. The monster has killed too many for us not to try to bring him down. We are not heroes, but we are not the same kind of murders they are.”

She placed a warm hand on the shoulder of her apprentice and smiled. Sometimes the teacher needed to be taught.
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Que

Post by Que »

Que nods in a rare moment of adult like thought as his minds turns over the idea of other kinds of murderers. Being a hero was hard, he knew what he was suppossed to do, but his every instinct inside from the proccess of his creation is to kill targets designated by his superior. 'Okay Ducky, I think I get it.' He says in the mind of the group, not really sure he did, but working on it in his mind.
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss stared at the exchange, especially the Infinity Orb. Really to be that close. Again.

Everything for Voss seems to begin or end at the Splynn Markets.

His sister Leonea had been the first to encounter the Sphere.

In the Markets, species, races, and breeds mattered very little. They varied drastically and were common nonetheless. So the first encounter with the In'Valian known as @Luke would have been insignificant if it had not been for the introduction of the Infinity Sphere.

Luke looked harried and exhausted. Hard to see through his exoskeleton but it could be heard in his voice and seen his posture. Leonea and Vrothruss had been trained to ask little but interpret everything. The In'Valian needed help.

The shop they were running at the time provided an enclosed and secured environment. Their master at the time approved of the privacy and secrecy of its clients. Everyone was a client. After being assured by both Leonea that he had complete privacy and security, Luke had produced the Infinity Sphere.

A non descript orb made of glass or crystal. The interior of the sphere changed every few minutes, as if triggered by the In'Valian's thoughts. The sphere changed shape, growing bigger with a particular scene of thought, then shrinking with the next change. It was even observed to change with Luke's mood.

At one point in the few minutes he had been in the shop, Luke had retracted the face shield from his helmet. Taking a seat in an antique gnarlwood chair, that suprisingly held his entire weight, Luke took a deep breath. Beginning a meditation process, Luke calmed himself down and in turn the Infinity Sphere went translucent and shrank to the size of ping pong ball.

Lifting the sphere to his face, Luke stared at the it. A silent command from Luke and the sphere changed size and composition. "Must see who followed me to the Markets." The sceen that filled the sphere had some @Dorian Falstaff intelluctual types in lab coats with nametsgs, searching among stalls and booths at another sector of the Markets. "Well good. It seems that feature of this device actually works. Though bad for me."

Looking upto Leonea and then over to Vrothuss. "I need a shield. A covering that will block transmissions. Incoming and outgoing both." The quizical looks pressed on Luke to further explain, "When the sphere comes in contact with a living thing, it remembers it. The sphere can speak to the living thing."

Pointing to the lab coated figures, "They have each held the sphere and the sphere is now leading them to me. I will need to leave soon."

"I need a way to shut off transmissions and the sphere's tracking abilities."

Standing up, the faceshield snapped back into place. "I am not sure how long it will take for you device such a 'Silencer' much less when I can return here. But have it ready and I will be able to provide you a means to freedom."

Stowing the Sphere away, Luke approached a counter near both of them. Producing a chunk of uncut crystal the same hue and color as his alien skin, He places the crystal on the counter. "Maybe this can be used as payment and as materials."

The quizical looks prompted Luke to respond, "This In'Valian Heart Crystal. Very rare. Very precious. Very priceless. Each In'Valian will only ever have one at a time. Most In'Valians never travel with theirs. The Vault of Souls contains the Hearts of In'Valian people. The Heart Crystal can only be given. Never purchased. Never sold. I give it you both. Your skills should be able to work the crystal."

It proved to be quite some time before Luke, the In'Valian would return to the Gemini Twins, Leonea and Vrothuss. Luke looked as if he had become accustomed to life on the run or his pursuers had lessened.

Surprised to see him, the Twins, were prompt to produce the container for his needs. The sealed canister of blue crystal was delivered and a payment was exchanged. Leonea walked Luke through the process of opening the runed canister. When the canister was opened, Luke thrust his armored fist into the container and promptly re-sealed the container.

Hefting the container, Luke's faceplate flashed back inside his helmet. Smiling he looked at the Twins. A Galactic Cred stick appeared on the counter, "Promised payment.." A thin wooden tube was also placed on the counter as well, "Safe Passage." The exchange was a matter of seconds and Luke's faceplate snapped back into place.

Turning quickly, the armored alien left the shop and the Twins.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Looking around Que was surprised, was he spacing off, where they spacing off, what was going on. It felt like several weeks had passed, but how could that be when they where all just in the middle of a conversation. "Did any of you feel that? what was it?"

Getting jittery Que found his movement where sluggish, like moving through a thick soup. As his mind reached out his powers where strained like someone had put a band on him restricting him. "What is going on here?"
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Que wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:30 pm Looking around Que was surprised, was he spacing off, where they spacing off, what was going on. It felt like several weeks had passed, but how could that be when they where all just in the middle of a conversation. "Did any of you feel that? what was it?"

Getting jittery Que found his movement where sluggish, like moving through a thick soup. As his mind reached out his powers where strained like someone had put a band on him restricting him. "What is going on here?"
Ducky nods coming out of a spacial funk herself. @Que I felt it too... It was as if a great passage of time swollowed me up holding still my person for a swatch of time.

Ducky flagged down @Vrothuss, “Vrothuss, situation report. Both myself and Que felt some kimd of abnormal passage of time. Did we complete the mission for the Queen?”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

The infinity sphere bobs and then floats in Vrothuss's direction. It vanishes for a second, but then you realize that it has become a small cloud of white dots. The dots shift and shimmer before they become the same red shade of Vrothuss's skin. The cloud of dots stops about a foot away from Vrothuss, as if it were his pet.

Devara speaks. "I can not leave my people here, or I would do this myself. As it is, I called upon someone sensitive to the forge," she nods in Dorians direction, "which is the best I can hope for."

"I need you to retrieve something that was stolen from me a long time ago. It is in the posession of a very powerful man, a godling known as Thraxus, who lives on one of the most wealthy parts of Center. The box is in a very secure vault that is said to be impenetrable. It is a light blue metal case. Do not open it. If you are to view the contents, I will be honor bound to murder you. Besides, you can not possibly comprehend it's mysteries. I do not care how you retrieve the box, I simply want it back. Upon it's return the Infinity Sphere is yours to keep, and you are of course free to keep any other treasures you find. I will send Killmonger with you. He is an expert in all things combat related, and has a good head on his shoulders to boot."

With that she simply walks away, the guard collapsing around her like an exoskeleton. Killmonger grins wickedly and stands there awaiting your command.
Instructions
Describe what you are doing. Are you taking the mission? Are you saying to hell with it and running away? Are you putting the Infinity Sphere in the microwave? Tell me what you are doing then I will set the conditions for the next action.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Que

Post by Que »

Que watches the sphere float about bobbing as it does its chaotic discordant antipatern. "Weird lady, I bet she is lying. I mean if honour forced to her to Kill anyone who sees this thing, then wouldn't it force her to kill Thraxus? Yep, she's totally going to own us."

The words spoken Que looks around, focuses for a moment and nearly collapses as the whole team only shifts 20 yards. "Wait, what the heck just happened? Dude, did they release a patch, did I get nerfed? Ah what the hell!"

Thinking hard Que figures he needs to go read the bulletin boards or something, because this is some major changes. A few minutes later he seems to be caught up on everything. "Yep, that was awkward. I guess the Que was just to awesome a build so we got some pretty big nerfs. Looks like I am still the most powerful build in the game, but I won't be able to carry @Dorian Falstaff like I usually do. We may have to get used to leaving the NPCs on the ship."

Once everyone one is on board Que takes some time to look at the Infinity Sphere. This one is different from his own. He wonders what to do with it. Will the team sell it, use it, or allocate it to one of the crew as a share. Better yet, could it be split? A sliver of infinity is still infinity after all.
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Dorian Falstaff

Que wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:08 pm Que watches the sphere float about bobbing as it does its chaotic discordant antipatern. "Weird lady, I bet she is lying. I mean if honour forced to her to Kill anyone who sees this thing, then wouldn't it force her to kill Thraxus? Yep, she's totally going to own us."
"Precisely, all she needs is a mustache to twirl and she'd be a villain from some adventure serial. And she's saddled us with her putrescent minion. Mr. Givens if this... person so much as brushes against a weapon please disembowel him."

The Omegan Order were a prime threat in the robot butlers estimation some he was quicker than usual to acquiesce to Dorians missive. And was there a note of eagerness in it's mechanical voice? "Of course sir."
Que wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:08 pm The words spoken Que looks around, focuses for a moment and nearly collapses as the whole team only shifts 20 yards. "Wait, what the heck just happened? Dude, did they release a patch, did I get nerfed? Ah what the hell!"

Thinking hard Que figures he needs to go read the bulletin boards or something, because this is some major changes. A few minutes later he seems to be caught up on everything. "Yep, that was awkward. I guess the Que was just to awesome a build so we got some pretty big nerfs. Looks like I am still the most powerful build in the game, but I won't be able to carry @Dorian Falstaff like I usually do. We may have to get used to leaving the NPCs on the ship."
Dorian sighs in exaggerated exasperation "And back to the crazy. Also we are apparently doing this? Despite the obvious?"
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Vrothruss turns away from Killmonger, having encountered numerous individuals of his type and profile: those who kill for the thrill of it with no regard for any other facet or nuance of a target's life.

Voss's hands start at his torso, just below the chin and moves down his chest to his waist. The little red dots collect beneath his hands and turn white as they join more of their brethren. By the time he has gotten to his waist, well over half of the sphere has collected beneath his hands. The rest of the sphee separates itself from Voss's body and rejoins itself, first as red dots, then as white dots, then as an opaque milky sphere, finally going translucent and definetly solid.

With it floating in his hand, Voss turns absent-mindedly and boards the ship.
Que wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:08 pm Once everyone one is on board Que takes some time to look at the Infinity Sphere. This one is different from his own. He wonders what to do with it. Will the team sell it, use it, or allocate it to one of the crew as a share. Better yet, could it be split? A sliver of infinity is still infinity after all.
Voss is perfectly fine with others viewing the sphere and when @Que gives Voss a look, Voss floats the sphere to Que and settles into a chair to watch the exchange. As @Dorian Falstaff n comes on board, Voss looks up.
Dorian Falstaff wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:14 pm Dorian sighs in exaggerated exasperation "And back to the crazy. Also we are apparently doing this? Despite the obvious?"
"Somethings maybe obvious, but please explain your understanding of the situation."

While Dorian collects his thoughts for a rational explanation, Voss proceeds with some of his own.

"So we have a self proclaimed goddess here. Sounds something like a remnant of the Bushido Empire explorations. She is boarder-line insane and the entire populace of the world is well ... thoroughly confused."

As @Que finishes examining the sphere, Voss extends his hand and the sphere returns to his open palm. "I have only encountered one of these spheres before and that was briefly for a just a few minutes. Certainly never interacted with it in this fashion." In a few seconds the sphere separates into tiny white dots surrounding Voss, then they go red, and then they seem to absorb into his skin and very being.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

KILLMONGER....
Some time ago after Ducky became a fallen Cosmo Knight, and first joined the omega order
The knight was shroud in utter darkness. The breast plate, greaves, and paldrons were night black. Unsparkling and devoid of reflection. This knight known as Killmonger the three galaxies over grinned, black spittle seeping between his curled lips. His voice was like nails being scraped over the throat, “Welcome to the Omega Order Thunder Bird.”

The other person in the stone room was his opissite. A woman with flowing blonde hair, a simple tunic, skin patches where her eyes should be. She seemed sad in some respects, like what she was, was far beyond what she had been. “Its Ducky Boss... I was stripped of that name, as well as my armaments.”

Killmonger grasped her shoulder with a dark gauntlet. He laughed, “ Hardly... The forge only made you think you fell. As it turns out, there is a way back...” He paused and the door opened. A man, scrawny and emaciated was thrown in. Killmonger handed Ducky a simple steel sword and gestured at the little man who had tears of fright streaming down his face. “The first step of many...”

The scrawny man pleaded as Ducky brought the blade to bare, “No... No... I don’t know Doria- Ughhhh...” The gaunt head rolled through the open door sliced cleanly.
There was only one person more than Dorian that she wished to space: Killmonger. In his case she meant it. To @Que she thought, My friend, you must stop me if you think I go to far. Killmonger and I go way back, a memory not distant enough to shield my emotional fury from it. For now he comes with us, but there will come a time and place on this journey where I kill him. You Que... I have never asked you for anything as great as this. You must stay my hand even if it means harming me. Should I kill Killmonger, my path towards redemption will be over and darkness will all but consume me. Promise me this Que... Promise me...”

At final meeting as the queen walked away Ducky looked at Killmonger and the group, “We got a job to do. What information do we have on this godling? Dorian why you? Voss have you been there before? Also where is Givens, I need to talk to him.”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Ducky wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:53 am At final meeting as the queen walked away Ducky looked at Killmonger and the group, “We got a job to do. What information do we have on this godling? Dorian why you? Voss have you been there before? Also where is Givens, I need to talk to him.”
" @Ducky, Give me a few minutes to reference and cross-reference. I will meet with you in say fifteen minutes with what information I have."

Voss retires to his stateroom and the enormous map of the Three Galaxies. As the door slides shut on his room, Voss walks to the center where a pedastal stands. Putting his hand on the hemisphere on top of the pedestal, he begins searching for details.

Politics to Identify Target, 13 _
[*] K/Politics (1d8) [dice:2d586f4m]60482:0[/dice:2d586f4m]
[*] Aced! Politics (1d8+8) [dice:2d586f4m]60482:4[/dice:2d586f4m]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:2d586f4m]60482:1[/dice:2d586f4m]
Survival to Identify Location, 7 _
Three Galaxies: +2
[*] Survival (1d8) [dice:2d586f4m]60482:2[/dice:2d586f4m]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:2d586f4m]60482:5[/dice:2d586f4m]
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Dorian Falstaff

Vrothuss wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:20 am
Voss is perfectly fine with others viewing the sphere and when @Que gives Voss a look, Voss floats the sphere to Que and settles into a chair to watch the exchange. As @Dorian Falstaff n comes on board, Voss looks up.
Dorian Falstaff wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:14 pm Dorian sighs in exaggerated exasperation "And back to the crazy. Also we are apparently doing this? Despite the obvious?"
"Somethings maybe obvious, but please explain your understanding of the situation."

While Dorian collects his thoughts for a rational explanation, Voss proceeds with some of his own.

"So we have a self proclaimed goddess here. Sounds something like a remnant of the Bushido Empire explorations. She is boarder-line insane and the entire populace of the world is well ... thoroughly confused."

As @Que finishes examining the sphere, Voss extends his hand and the sphere returns to his open palm. "I have only encountered one of these spheres before and that was briefly for a just a few minutes. Certainly never interacted with it in this fashion." In a few seconds the sphere separates into tiny white dots surrounding Voss, then they go red, and then they seem to absorb into his skin and very being.
CK roll
Common knowledge [dice:o9hqdmku]60492:0[/dice:o9hqdmku]
Wild [dice:o9hqdmku]60492:1[/dice:o9hqdmku]
Watching the two handle the artifact makes the Altess visibly nervous. "Do be careful with that thing. The more sensitive among them can react to stray thought. So perhaps the insane boy should not handle it, Forge knows what strangeness we'd find ourselves in were it to react to him." When Que fidles with it anyway he turns to Voss. "It is obvious that entity is up to no good." He gives a pointed look in the direction of Killmonger. "They don't do altruistic causes. They pursue paths of death and carnage. His being here is all we need know of her intent."
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Dorian Falstaff wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:15 pm Watching the two handle the artifact makes the Altess visibly nervous. "Do be careful with that thing. The more sensitive among them can react to stray thought. So perhaps the insane boy should not handle it, Forge knows what strangeness we'd find ourselves in were it to react to him." When Que fidles with it anyway he turns to Voss. "It is obvious that entity is up to no good." He gives a pointed look in the direction of Killmonger. "They don't do altruistic causes. They pursue paths of death and carnage. His being here is all we need know of her intent."
"Don't mind the sphere. Just think of large spongey men all white and airy."

At @Dorian Falstaff's quizical look, Voss explains meeting two doctors named Spengler and Stantz after they faced down the demon Zuul. They still had remnants of white airy fluffy stuff on their suits and uniforms.

It is apparent to Dorian that Voss is adding to the environment of insanity but being completely logical as well.

Under his breath, Voss says to Dorian, "We will find a means to nuetralize the spongey airy man."
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Vrothuss research pulls up an extensive dossier on Thraxus, and none of it is good. Thraxus is one of the wealthiest citizens on center. He is the leader of a trade and criminal empire known as The Compact. His residence, that place you are tasked with breaching is a featureless ivory tower that spans from the floor to the ceiling of Level 1, approximately 500 feet high. This area of Level 1 is entirely under control of The Compact with the other citizens of Phase World mostly choosing to ingore or admire it. The entire level is thick with guards, both biological and robotic.
Instructions
How are you going to case such a place? Please pick a skill that makes sense to you (and that it makes sense to use) and roll it at a -4. Describe what your character is doing, and give me an obstacle that your skill rolling uncovers.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Ducky

Re: Mission Two: The Thief of A

Post by Ducky »

Kn battle [dice:1t9aimxh]60802:0[/dice:1t9aimxh] wild [dice:1t9aimxh]60802:1[/dice:1t9aimxh] benny to reroll with elan [dice:1t9aimxh]60802:2[/dice:1t9aimxh] wild [dice:1t9aimxh]60802:3[/dice:1t9aimxh] ace [dice:1t9aimxh]60802:4[/dice:1t9aimxh]

Some times drinking caffeine stimulants at Jojo’s is more than meets the eye...

Central was like home for Ducky. Her order of Knights of the Forge had a hidden base on phase world. After checking in she changed her clothes and took a long bath. The last few weeks had been trying and stressful. The Altaran lost herself in thought as her fingers playingfully twirled in the steam whirls wafting from the hot bath. Wasn’t it only a month ago Que and I had gone toe to toe with Magestar Magistrate and his goons trying to strong arm refugees? Her lips curled into a soft smile, Then the Danny’s Tangoed in and one by one they came walking back in to form a crew. Now the folks who left the Remorseless are now a family... Even Dorian. Ahh family... Maybe it is time to pay Uncle Dekk a visit.

After a time Ducky found herself in lvl 2 at a bar( high class) that served the most delicious peppermint caffeinated chocolate drinks. Ducky was in one of the booths and across from her was a well to do human looking gentleman. Maybe in his silver fox years, a thick grey but well trimmed beard, a slight smile, and a twinkle of mirth in his eyes. He adjusted his cape as it draped behind him and fixed his silken shirt and classy pants.

His voice was as smooth as he was dressed, a deep baratone, “Its good to see you out of your armor for once. You really class this joint up.”

Ducky chuckled and played along. She had left her armor, and weapons back in her quarters. Instead favoring a dress all in yellow complete with a white hat. “It’s good to see you too uncle, its been a while... So what game did you bring?”

Her uncle Dekk pulled out a small board, almost an exact replica of the floor of level 1. It was hatch marked so that it was covered in numbered squares. He had some figurines as well. Dekk had always been a fan of earthling games and this was a variation on something called Starfinder. He smiled well practised and pulled out a glossy covered rule book. “This here is called the Tower of Zaraxus...” He winked clearly meaning Thraxus. “The crux of this is security... All different types... You got the Undercover street clothed intelegence officers. Then there are you armed troopers wearing the best and most expensive naruni tech. Your magic smelling kill hounds that will sooner kill you than look at you if their commander looks at you wrong. All possible to bypass and thwart if you got enough moxi kid. But the real issue is the Prometheus 2nd stage... Now that is a bit of an issue.” Dekk set the board up with the figurines and pulled out a couple d20 dice cubes from his pocket. He adjusted his his shirt again, “So kid want to play? I got a bit before I got to get back to level 1. It’s been a slow morning and my kill hounds won’t miss me for a bit more.” Over the next hour the two rolled dice and played an intricate board game, but more to the point Dekk revealed to Ducky just how tight the security forces were on level 1. Fortunately for Ducky her mind was able to uncover a weakness or two.

She all too soon found herself at the last stage of the adventure her uncle had laid out before her. She paused unsure of her next move on the starfinder board. Dekk laughed getting up, “ Sorry kid, I got to get back. You keep the board but yeah, that Promethian is gonna be trouble.”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Dorian Falstaff

Dorian spends much of the trip back to Center in his lab space sulking at the foolishness of helping these people and working on solutions the team will need for surveillance and tech obstacles. Having been to Level one before he is familiar with some of the mechanical sentries and such, so he puts together an aerosol spray nano cloud that infiltrates and retransmits the security data of drones and other security systems and robots.
Hacking to piggyback onto level ones security networks
Modifiers: Scene -4, field computer +3, MM +2. Net +1
Hacking [dice:2z0gwgfb]60811:0[/dice:2z0gwgfb]
Wild [dice:2z0gwgfb]60811:1[/dice:2z0gwgfb]
Benny to reroll
Hacking [dice:2z0gwgfb]60811:2[/dice:2z0gwgfb]
[dice:2z0gwgfb]60811:3[/dice:2z0gwgfb]
While he does make some headway into the areas around the Compact's turf, he can barly penetrate surface level systems inside of it and thos are quickly quashed. Acting on a hunch he actively hijacks' a drone and crashes it into a Compact sensor node. Surveying the aftermath from several other nearby systems he is shocked to discover organic circuitry. This would require a different type of virus than he usually crafted.
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Que sets about researching Center. Unlike most places there is only one Center. This means that efforts to shift out of phase or summon allies to help him do not work as well as he would like. But with his talents and ability to move unseen. The combined ability of his suit to cloak his movements and his own arcane invisibility allow him even more grace than normally expected. Few mages could match him, but those that did, would find their ability to notice him still impeded.

Que was not foolish however. He knew alone he could not make it inside the facility. Instead focusing his efforts on evaluating the movements of those going to and from. Analyzing the wards, and perhaps other arcane defenses. Soldiers, golems, and statues where also of particular interest to the assassin turned hero as he evaluated the mission.

Returning to the others on the ship as they discuss their findings he was not happy about the results. "This may be more than we can do. Here is what I found..."

roll 9
Spellcasting d12, Sig Item +2, Task -4
Spellcasting [dice:3rpfd2xn]61015:0[/dice:3rpfd2xn]
Wild [dice:3rpfd2xn]61015:1[/dice:3rpfd2xn]
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss had not been to Center. He had spoken to those that had or were from Center. He was certain that he could establish a link there but wondered if it was worth it.

Coming down to Center when @Ducky does, Voss quickly separates himself from her and disappears into the shadows. His first order of business is to determine the heirarchy for those who involve themselves with Thraxus and the Compact.

Academics to Establish Heirarchy 5 _
Scene Modifier: - 4
[*] Academics (1d10) [dice:28shksou]61093:0[/dice:28shksou]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:28shksou]61093:1[/dice:28shksou]
He follows from a distance, individuals that would or could look a lot like the crew members from the Sovereign. When the time is right and he is able, he relieves these particular individuals of their credentials.

Thievery 1 _
Scene Modifier: -4
[*] Thievery (1d6) [dice:28shksou]61093:2[/dice:28shksou]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:28shksou]61093:4[/dice:28shksou]
It is in the act of pilfering credentials that Voss gets caught. He manages to get a look at the security cards and biometric locks before is incarcerated. Not entirely certain of what his captores next plans are, he throuws out a tidbit for the jailors to chew on.

Persuasion 6 _
Scene Modifier: -4
Shifter: -1
[*] Persuasion (1d8) [dice:28shksou]61093:6[/dice:28shksou]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:28shksou]61093:3[/dice:28shksou]
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) [dice:28shksou]61093:5[/dice:28shksou]
Figuring that the name Killmonger might have more meaning here than it did back on the ship, Voss plans very carefully his words. "I know the location of one Killmonger. Might that be worth something to you?"
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

You've gone your separate ways and gathered intel. You meet back at the ship and everyone is there except Vrothuss. You wait and wait and finally you see him. He is approaching with two uniformed police officers. Killmonger's mask makes a crinkle noise as he twists his face into a scowl. He practically growls, speaking under his breath. "The police. That idiot brought police."

As the policemen approach with their laser pistols readied, Killmonger suddenly becomes a blur, a spear made of dark purple energy appears in his hand and he throws it perfectly into the throat of the first policeman. Before anyone can react, he moves to the second policeman and punches through his chest, pulling out a crimson smeared guantlet. He turns to Vrothuss, his voice still low.
"I can't believe you've done this. Now every police on the level will be coming to track me down, I'm wanted in dozens of sectors. Quick, there is no time, we have to execute the plan this instant."

He runs back to the ship and grabs his gear, then stands outside. He waits five minutes for any of you who want to join him, and then he takes off, heading for Thraxus's realm.

Intel and Instructions
You happened to gather quite a bit of intel in the short period of time you had. You discover that the item you are looking for, it goes by the name of Frakax and you are told it is a small package, is in one the levels of the tower with lighter security. Unfortunately, this "lighter security" is still a few orders of magnitute more difficult than any security you have ever encountered. In fact it's so intimidating, that you need to make a Spirit roll if you even dare to think about breaching it. (Straight up roll, any bonuses against fear apply as usual). If you fail this roll, you will be at a -1 for the entire series of tasks. If you crit fail, you are at a -2 and you might just want to skip this one since it won't get any easier.
Lastly, if you are continuing ahead with the heist, please describe what it is in your characters background that pushes them forward. Upon doing so, take a conviction token. You're going to need it. If you are avoiding the heist, please describe what else you are doing.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky only needs four... She wonders if the team might have grown unsure about this mission. Killmonger the scourge of the preverbal seven seas just clinched it for her. Killing might be in his name, but damn if she could just stand idly by while he slaughtered people.

“I got to say Killmonger it is interesting you mention that you are wanted in so many sectors...” Her sword dropped out of her scabard into her hand. Her armor was mostly on, just missing her helmet. She fixed it on covering her no eyes and grimly asked the rest of the team, “So what is more interesting to you guys? Stealing for a poor excuse for a queen from a nigh impenetrable fortress? Or collecting the bounty on one Steban Mary Killmonger?”

Ducky knew the crew of the soverign and had a pretty good idea of what they would choose. Her radar peered intently at Killmonger ready to close the distance with the bastard once the team had a moment to confer. @Que One on one Killmonger is more powerful than any of us. He still retains almost all of his cosmic powers. But if the crew decides to take him, we must be swift and without hesitation. I hate to put you in this position my friend...
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

"Most of center has already been alerted or at least it was when they pulled me out of my cell."

Persuassion 12 _
Shifter: -1
[*] Persuassion (1d8) [dice:1667swv2]61615:2[/dice:1667swv2]
[*] Aced! Persuassion (1d8+8) [dice:1667swv2]61615:0[/dice:1667swv2]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:1667swv2]61615:1[/dice:1667swv2]
"Killmonger, got a feeling you got sold out well before we got tasked to babysit you."

Voss stands and waits but in his hand he holds the Infinity Sphere.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Dorian Falstaff

Ducky wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:51 pm Ducky only needs four... She wonders if the team might have grown unsure about this mission. Killmonger the scourge of the preverbal seven seas just clinched it for her. Killing might be in his name, but damn if she could just stand idly by while he slaughtered people.

“I got to say Killmonger it is interesting you mention that you are wanted in so many sectors...” Her sword dropped out of her scabard into her hand. Her armor was mostly on, just missing her helmet. She fixed it on covering her no eyes and grimly asked the rest of the team, “So what is more interesting to you guys? Stealing for a poor excuse for a queen from a nigh impenetrable fortress? Or collecting the bounty on one Steban Mary Killmonger?”
An audible sigh of relief emits from the speakers of Dorians armor. "Did my previous protestations go completely unregistered? No matter I suppose, at least you're finally being sensible. We kill this prat, get the reward, keep the sphere, and leave the evil.. probably goddess or some such.. trapped. Yes."
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Stoic wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:15 pm You've gone your separate ways and gathered intel. You meet back at the ship and everyone is there except Vrothuss. You wait and wait and finally you see him. He is approaching with two uniformed police officers. Killmonger's mask makes a crinkle noise as he twists his face into a scowl. He practically growls, speaking under his breath. "The police. That idiot brought police."

As the policemen approach with their laser pistols readied, Killmonger suddenly becomes a blur, a spear made of dark purple energy appears in his hand and he throws it perfectly into the throat of the first policeman. Before anyone can react, he moves to the second policeman and punches through his chest, pulling out a crimson smeared guantlet. He turns to Vrothuss, his voice still low.
"I can't believe you've done this. Now every police on the level will be coming to track me down, I'm wanted in dozens of sectors. Quick, there is no time, we have to execute the plan this instant."
When Killmonger strikes down the officers Que is surprised. He was under the impression this was a subtle mission. Looking to @Ducky he needed guidance, every bone in his body wanted to put this rabies infected wolf down.
Ducky wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:51 pm Ducky only needs four... She wonders if the team might have grown unsure about this mission. Killmonger the scourge of the preverbal seven seas just clinched it for her. Killing might be in his name, but damn if she could just stand idly by while he slaughtered people.

Ducky knew the crew of the soverign and had a pretty good idea of what they would choose. Her radar peered intently at Killmonger ready to close the distance with the bastard once the team had a moment to confer. @Que One on one Killmonger is more powerful than any of us. He still retains almost all of his cosmic powers. But if the crew decides to take him, we must be swift and without hesitation. I hate to put you in this position my friend...

Ducky choosing the right side is enough for Que to be happy. Instantly Que was armed, his eyes shifted and suddenly the world and reality itself shifted as their were half a dozen Ques standing their, each subtly different from one another.

OOC Comments
First spell is innate
Exalted Detect Arcana + Pres Sense [dice:29e7iawo]61628:0[/dice:29e7iawo]
Wild [dice:29e7iawo]61628:1[/dice:29e7iawo]

Summon Ally (mirror self x6) [dice:29e7iawo]61628:2[/dice:29e7iawo]
Wild [dice:29e7iawo]61628:3[/dice:29e7iawo] Ace [dice:29e7iawo]61628:4[/dice:29e7iawo]
"Your not escaping today Killmonger. @Ducky is right and you need to see justice."
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Killmonger snarls, the dark purple blade again appearing in his hand. "You fools, don't know what you've done!"

The Infinity Sphere suddenly turns the same dark purple as Killmonger's blade. It vanishes, appearing at his side. Killmonger then collapses into himself as if sucked through a black hole.
Instructions
Que easily detects that he has activated a dimensional portal, and can be tracked via Dimensional Hitchhiker or any other suitable means. In the distance, police sirens, heading your way. What are you doing?

Spellcasting [dice:1qot8qkv]61629:0[/dice:1qot8qkv]
Wild Die [dice:1qot8qkv]61629:1[/dice:1qot8qkv]
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss snears at the departing figure and recalls the Infinity Sphere. "Not so fast."

OOC Comments
Teleport 2 PPE
GT Modifier 2 PPE
Shift the Arcane (half PPE)
PPE Expense: 2 (28 of 30 remaining)
Channeling Edge
[*] Spellcasting (1d10) [dice:12tezt5t]61636:0[/dice:12tezt5t]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:12tezt5t]61636:2[/dice:12tezt5t]
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Dorian Falstaff

With the villains escape foiled by Vrothuss Dorian chuckles and makes adjustments to his Chronal Dilator and Telekinetic Vortex generator.
Hawt TW action.
Cast Speed (2), mega quickness (+4), 4 additional recipients (+4)
Modifiers: -2 MAP
Techno-wizardry [dice:3tq33z3a]61637:0[/dice:3tq33z3a]
Wild [dice:3tq33z3a]61637:1[/dice:3tq33z3a]
Benny to reroll
Techno-wizardry [dice:3tq33z3a]61637:4[/dice:3tq33z3a]
Wild [dice:3tq33z3a]61637:5[/dice:3tq33z3a]

Cast Deflection (3), mega mod (+3), Extra recipients (+4)
Modifiers:-2 MAP
Techno-wizardry [dice:3tq33z3a]61637:2[/dice:3tq33z3a]
Wild [dice:3tq33z3a]61637:3[/dice:3tq33z3a]
Pouring all his personal power into his devices he pushes them to their limits. Time dilates for the crew of the Sovereign to an extent that possibly even surprises Que and a unidirectional TK field surrounds each of them. Mr. Givens readies his massive vibro blade and steps between his creator and the Omegan.
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky stood tall, not quite as tall as when she was the Cosmic Knight Thunder Duck, but perhaps she would never again be that tall. Still she knew what kind of creature the team now faced and it was high time she stood up to him.
Killmonger the invicible gaurd's man turned Omega Knight
Stripped of my powers, I found myself on the barren world of Devish IV, an outpost world for the Atless. Damn you Dorian... Someone came to collect my corpse

Ducky stirred when a booted foot crushed the white sand next to her. Bitterness was still on her fresh bloodied lips. Not only did the forge rob me of my power when I needed it most... But now it sent a knight to kill me.

A cold voice breathed above her, “I am not here to kill you Thunder Duck.” Laughter, merciful and harsh at the same time echoed from the idividual across the white sandy dunes. “I am here to make you an offer to join the Omegean Knights.”

Ducky rolled over, her armor broken in twain. Her helm blasted off in rentry. She could not see perse the man’s dark countance. But through her radar she got a sense of the swirling darkness that was wrapped tight around him. She neared too pissed off to see any kind of reason, “The omega knights, are a bunch of cowards... Murderers... They lack any true power to do anything.”

A light streaked from the heavens. The forge sent someone after all to dispatch me.

The man’s mettal gauntlets grabbed her urging her to regain her feet, “On your feet Thunder Duck... The forge has sent a knight to aid the Atless in your destruction.”

Ducky resigned herself to one knee. Her radar extended well across the sandy dunes. She spat, “Yes just beyond the rise, a knight and a legion of Atless power armors... Series eight if I am not mistaken.” She felt her strength wane... “They will be too much, even a knight by himself would be too much for a pair of ex cosmos knights...”

The dune broke and a gleaming cosmo knight flanked by 20 Atless Power armors came into view. The dark armored figure grimaced and laughed haughty and full. His eyes gleamed and a shield of pure energy encompassed Ducky and himself. With a wave of his hand, a dark energy poured out across the sandy plains striking everything in its path. In the end there was nothing left of the force that had come to take them. “My lady Ducky... I am no mere rabble-rouser or powerless ex knight, I am Killmonger, the first Invincible gaurdsman... Third in command of the Omegean Knights... Come with me and I will show you how we can reshape the galaxy!”

It was all Ducky could do to bow in servitude...
She summoned the cosmic shard to her letting its power flow her. For some thi process might take a moment or two, but for her it was a fraction of a second given her well practiced martial katas. Her fighting stance shifted and became one of patience and level headed. This was followed immediatly by her uttering three words... “Snow Flake Maneuver, now!”

Innate: Warriors Gift [dice:39wwa7v7]61703:0[/dice:39wwa7v7] wild [dice:39wwa7v7]61703:1[/dice:39wwa7v7] (Lvl Headed)
Inspire kn battle (Spell Casting): [dice:39wwa7v7]61703:2[/dice:39wwa7v7] wild [dice:39wwa7v7]61703:3[/dice:39wwa7v7] (team gets +1 to spell casting next round)
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Killmonger grins, bearing his terrible metal teeth.
Prep
Boost Fighting (mega)
Spellcasting (innate action) [dice:1v0x93sl]61866:0[/dice:1v0x93sl]
Wild Die [dice:1v0x93sl]61866:1[/dice:1v0x93sl]

Protection (mega)
Spellcasting [dice:1v0x93sl]61866:2[/dice:1v0x93sl]
Wild Die [dice:1v0x93sl]61866:3[/dice:1v0x93sl]
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky looked down at her sword, it was a dark metallic custom vibro blade. Along its blade was inscribed in ancient Atless Horizon Breaker. She smiled remembering when Dorian had first forged it for her. It was just after our last job on the water world... First time he was not there for me, for us... I lost my flame blade during our fight. He locked himself up for days after that...” She glanced for a moment back at Dorian. He was relentless and still is... I get it now...

She poured some of her own energy into it activating its technowizard qualities. Calling forth to Killmonger, “Stand down monster. I wield no mere sword, but a blade you yourself once sought, and once bayed me to take by force... It was freely given and embodies the tenacity of the man who made it... And... I understand its worth! Behold the Horizon Breaker!!!” She twirled the sword in her hand displaying an intuitive understanding of its heft and balance.
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Vrothuss Prep Round

Vrothuss senses the cosmic energy around Killmonger begin to fluxuate.

Shift the Arcane vs Killmonger's Mega Boost Trait 8 _
Boost Trait PPE: +2
Mega PPE: +2
Shift the Arcane PPE Cost: -2 (26 of 30 remaining)
Channeling
Concentration (duration doubled to 10)

[*] Spellcasting (1d10) [dice:29p4a0sk]62235:0[/dice:29p4a0sk]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:29p4a0sk]62235:1[/dice:29p4a0sk]
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) [dice:29p4a0sk]62235:2[/dice:29p4a0sk]
Vrothuss, with a distinct wave of his hands snatches the power before its recepient can be confirmed and places the power's effects on @Ducky.

That should do nicely.
Boost Trait (Fighting)
BOOST TRAIT
Boosting an ally’s Trait increases the selected Trait one die type, for 5 rounds for 10 rounds.

GREATER BOOST
(+2): The power’s effects are enhanced.
With success, the selected Trait gains a free reroll once per round.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
  • Quick rerolls 16 or less
  • Quickness with a Raise rerolls 24 or less
  • 53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
  • Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).

Vrothuss [dice:1xaiys19]62324:0[/dice:1xaiys19]
Ducky [dice:1xaiys19]62324:1[/dice:1xaiys19]
Level Headed [dice:1xaiys19]62324:6[/dice:1xaiys19]
Que [dice:1xaiys19]62324:2[/dice:1xaiys19]
Dorian [dice:1xaiys19]62324:3[/dice:1xaiys19]
Mr. Givens [dice:1xaiys19]62324:4[/dice:1xaiys19]
Killmonger (Quick) [dice:1xaiys19]62324:5[/dice:1xaiys19]
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

It is always an interesting experience to taste power from another being. The Infinty Sphere will have to wait as Killmonger takes priority.

Realizing that attention has already likely been drawn to the crew, Voss forgoes summoning one of the entities bound to him. Killmonger has power, for now.

Drain Power Points, 12 vs Killmonger's Spirit
(26 of 30 PPE remaining)
Drain Power Points: 2 PPE
PPE Thief: 2 PPE
Fatigue: 2 PPE
Channeling: -1 PPE
( )
Auto-Raise
Shift Reality
Spellcasting (Ducky support): +1
Joker: +2

[*] Spellcasting (1d10) [dice:1uackppn]62342:0[/dice:1uackppn]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:1uackppn]62342:1[/dice:1uackppn]

Shift Reality Reroll

[*] Spellcasting (1d10) [dice:1uackppn]62342:2[/dice:1uackppn]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:1uackppn]62342:3[/dice:1uackppn]
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

OOC Comments
Spirit [dice:24c8ctts]62411:0[/dice:24c8ctts]
Wild Die [dice:24c8ctts]62411:1[/dice:24c8ctts]

Benny (Elan)
Spirit [dice:24c8ctts]62411:2[/dice:24c8ctts]
Wild Die [dice:24c8ctts]62411:3[/dice:24c8ctts]
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Drain Power Points (2d6) [dice:3oux5wa9]62412:0[/dice:3oux5wa9]

6 PPE expediture (20 of 30 remaining)
DPP/PPE Thief: +4 PPE (24 of 30 remaining)

Killmonger suffers a level of Fatigue.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

The Ques set instantly in motion. Each moving with the supernatural speed of a Temporal Assassin.

Q56Q395446 moves, amplifying his speed drawing his vibro blade and then summoning the power to disrupt Killmongers soul weakening it and making him more vulnerable to arcane attack. The with a slice of the blade he dances out of the way of his allies behind Killmonger.
Quickness w/Raise, Ex Lower Spirit 6, Sword 9 AP 4 Mega Damage
Innate Speed Quickness [dice:3oghr89p]62424:0[/dice:3oghr89p] Ace [dice:3oghr89p]62424:18[/dice:3oghr89p]
Exalted Lower Spirit [dice:3oghr89p]62424:6[/dice:3oghr89p] = Spirit drops a die type, Spirit -2 to end spell
Fighting +4 gang up, ignore MAP [dice:3oghr89p]62424:7[/dice:3oghr89p] = Hits a 12 Parry
  • Hit with Raise Damage [dice:3oghr89p]62424:21[/dice:3oghr89p] + [dice:3oghr89p]62424:22[/dice:3oghr89p] + Raise [dice:3oghr89p]62424:23[/dice:3oghr89p] AP 4 Mega damage

Q56Q395788 much like Q56Q395446 moves, amplifying his own speed then summoning the power to disrupt Killmongers soul weakening it and making him more vulnerable to attack. Drawing his Vibro Blade ready to attack. Spinning the opposite direction he slashes at Killmongers feet, preventing him from evading both assaults.
No Quickness, Ex Lower Spirit 5, Sword 12 AP 4 Mega Damage
Innate Speed Quickness [dice:3oghr89p]62424:1[/dice:3oghr89p] = Quickness failes, -2 added top bellow totals
Exalted Lower Spirit [dice:3oghr89p]62424:8[/dice:3oghr89p] = Spirit drops a die type, Spirit -2 to end spell
Fighting +4 gang up, ignore MAP [dice:3oghr89p]62424:9[/dice:3oghr89p] = Hits a 11 Parry
  • Hit Damage [dice:3oghr89p]62424:24[/dice:3oghr89p] + [dice:3oghr89p]62424:25[/dice:3oghr89p] AP 4 Mega damage

Q56Q399441 splits to the side drawing his blade wrapping himself in a temporal field and moves slicing at Killmonger followed by ensnaring him in a temporal stasis (entangle)
Quickness, Failed, Sword 14 AP 4 Mega Damage
Innate Speed Quickness [dice:3oghr89p]62424:2[/dice:3oghr89p]
Ex Entangle, Strong (-6 to escape) [dice:3oghr89p]62424:10[/dice:3oghr89p] = Fails
Fighting +4 gang up, ignore MAP [dice:3oghr89p]62424:11[/dice:3oghr89p] = Hits a 12 Parry
  • Hit with Raise Damage [dice:3oghr89p]62424:26[/dice:3oghr89p] + [dice:3oghr89p]62424:27[/dice:3oghr89p] + Raise [dice:3oghr89p]62424:28[/dice:3oghr89p] AP 4 Mega damage

Q56Q395456 Moves supporting the team the time bubble that pops around him allowing him to boost Q56Q395443 own spellcasting ability and then dancing in slices Killmonger again, the flury of small cuts adding up to so much more.
No Quikcness, Spellcasting self and Real Q boosted +2 die types and free reroll, Sword 5 AP 4 Mega Damage
Innate Speed Quickness [dice:3oghr89p]62424:3[/dice:3oghr89p] = Confirm Crit Failure [dice:3oghr89p]62424:19[/dice:3oghr89p] = Normal Failure
Ex Boost Spellcasting on all self and Q56Q395443 [dice:3oghr89p]62424:12[/dice:3oghr89p] Ace [dice:3oghr89p]62424:20[/dice:3oghr89p] = Spellcasting raised 2 die types, + free reroll
Fighting +4 gang up, ignore MAP [dice:3oghr89p]62424:13[/dice:3oghr89p] = Hits a 9 Parry
  • Hit Damage [dice:3oghr89p]62424:29[/dice:3oghr89p] + [dice:3oghr89p]62424:30[/dice:3oghr89p] AP 4 Mega damage

Q56Q415673 Moves supporting the team the time bubble that pops around him allowing him to boost Q56Q395443 own fighting ability and then dancing in slices Killmonger again, the flurry of small cuts adding up to so much more.
Quickness w/Raise, Fighting for me and real Q Boosted 1 die type and free reroll, Sword 13 AP 4 Mega Damage
Innate Speed Quickness [dice:3oghr89p]62424:4[/dice:3oghr89p]
Ex Boost Fighting on all self and Q56Q395443 [dice:3oghr89p]62424:14[/dice:3oghr89p] = Fighting raised a die type, + free reroll
Fighting +4 gang up, ignore MAP [dice:3oghr89p]62424:15[/dice:3oghr89p] = Hits a 8 Parry
  • Hit Damage [dice:3oghr89p]62424:31[/dice:3oghr89p] + [dice:3oghr89p]62424:32[/dice:3oghr89p] AP 4 Mega damage

Q99Q395440 splits to the side drawing his blade wrapping himself in a temporal field and moves slicing at Killmonger followed by ensnaring him in a temporal stasis (entangle)
Failed at everything
Innate Speed Quickness [dice:3oghr89p]62424:5[/dice:3oghr89p] Failure
Ex Entangle, Strong (-6 to escape) [dice:3oghr89p]62424:16[/dice:3oghr89p] = Failure
Fighting +4 gang up, ignore MAP [dice:3oghr89p]62424:17[/dice:3oghr89p] = Failure

Q56Q395443 (original Que) Que enhanced by the powers of his clones and ready for battle moves in blade in a furry as he likewise wrapped in a time bubble, but one much more powerful than that of the others gets ready to deal out death. But as he sees the being in his arcane sight his tactic changes, layering the creature in spell after spell before summoning a powerful demon to fly down from above and rip apart his skull.

OOC Comments
Innate Speed+Quickness (-6)
Spellcasting [dice:3oghr89p]62424:33[/dice:3oghr89p]
Wild [dice:3oghr89p]62424:34[/dice:3oghr89p]

Ex Drain Vigor + Strong (effectively -6 to break out) (-4)
Spellcasting [dice:3oghr89p]62424:35[/dice:3oghr89p]
Wild [dice:3oghr89p]62424:36[/dice:3oghr89p]

Illusion + All Modifiers (-10 from Sphere, -2 from Que)
Spellcasting [dice:3oghr89p]62424:37[/dice:3oghr89p]
Wild [dice:3oghr89p]62424:38[/dice:3oghr89p]

Free Mental Assault from Deadly Illusion (Smarts -4 to resist Wound)
Spellcasting [dice:3oghr89p]62424:39[/dice:3oghr89p]
Wild [dice:3oghr89p]62424:40[/dice:3oghr89p]

Ex Drain Athletics + Strong (effectively -6 to break out) (-5)
Spellcasting [dice:3oghr89p]62424:41[/dice:3oghr89p]
Wild [dice:3oghr89p]62424:42[/dice:3oghr89p]
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

The team was doing fine. They after all had been together for many years, some on and off, but still they were like old friends that picked up where they left off. She posisioned her Atless forged technowizard weapon above her head in her signature lighting style and let the power of the forge flow through her, as she sped into battle with her worthy foe! Thrust Parry, riposte... Ducky’s mind had always been keen to the flow of combat, all too soon she was analyzing Killmonger’s fighting style and had come up with half a dozen counters that would put him at the disadvantage. Finally with her foe analyzed, ganged up upon she unleashed her lighting style meaning to end the combat before it even started.
(Innate)Warriors Gift Improved Frenzy, Action 1 Test kn battle 11 vs smarts, Action two- Imp Frenzy 15 hit & 7AP12 then 15 hit 16AP12, Action 3-Imp Frenzy 12 hit & 16AP12 then 15 hit & 11AP12. All attacks MD and magical. Gravity trapping.
Innate, Adept: warriors gift frenzy, [dice:1byqk75x]62458:0[/dice:1byqk75x] wild [dice:1byqk75x]62458:1[/dice:1byqk75x]
Action 1) (ignore map tricky fighter, map canceled by joker, +2 dirty fighter) Test Kn battle:(11 total) [dice:1byqk75x]62458:2[/dice:1byqk75x] wild [dice:1byqk75x]62458:3[/dice:1byqk75x]
Action 2) Improved frenzy, fighting d12+2, +1 trademark weapon, (Map canceled by joker)
Fighting [dice:1byqk75x]62458:4[/dice:1byqk75x] fighting [dice:1byqk75x]62458:5[/dice:1byqk75x] wild [dice:1byqk75x]62458:6[/dice:1byqk75x]
Damage: [dice:1byqk75x]62458:10[/dice:1byqk75x]plus [dice:1byqk75x]62458:11[/dice:1byqk75x] raise [dice:1byqk75x]62458:12[/dice:1byqk75x] AP12 MD
Damage: [dice:1byqk75x]62458:13[/dice:1byqk75x]plus [dice:1byqk75x]62458:14[/dice:1byqk75x] raise [dice:1byqk75x]62458:15[/dice:1byqk75x] AP12 MD

Action 3) Improved frenzy, fighting d12+2, +1 trademark weapon (map canceled by joker)
Fighting [dice:1byqk75x]62458:7[/dice:1byqk75x] fighting [dice:1byqk75x]62458:8[/dice:1byqk75x] wild [dice:1byqk75x]62458:9[/dice:1byqk75x]
Damage: [dice:1byqk75x]62458:16[/dice:1byqk75x]plus [dice:1byqk75x]62458:17[/dice:1byqk75x] raise [dice:1byqk75x]62458:18[/dice:1byqk75x] AP12 MD
Damage: [dice:1byqk75x]62458:19[/dice:1byqk75x]plus [dice:1byqk75x]62458:20[/dice:1byqk75x] raise [dice:1byqk75x]62458:21[/dice:1byqk75x] AP12 MD
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

OOC Comments
Spirit [dice:2px7o1uh]62764:0[/dice:2px7o1uh]
Wild Die [dice:2px7o1uh]62764:1[/dice:2px7o1uh]

Spirit [dice:2px7o1uh]62764:2[/dice:2px7o1uh]
Wild Die [dice:2px7o1uh]62764:3[/dice:2px7o1uh]
Killmonger starts to crumple under the fury of blows from the Que's and Ducky. He drops to one knee and spits out little metal blobs. His face is a mask of rage. "You fools, you don't know what you've done!" He mutters a strange phrase and suddenly you hear a loud "click" from the Infinity Sphere, which turns a dark shade of purple and begins to pulse.

Almost simultaneously you see a large dragon-like serpent burst through a wall. It is intangible and you can see sparks coming from it's form. There are three riders on it, a Promethean, a Noro and a Wolfen. They are all wearing the standard uniform of a Phase World security team. The nimbly hop off of the dragon as it becomes tangible, weapons drawn. The Noro yells "Freeze!" as the security team points various weapons at the crew.
"Contain Sector 71X, we have a situation here." the Promethean calmly says into his comm link. In response you see beacons start to flash and in the background you see phase walls coming down hard.

You look at Killmonger and notice that he has curiously seemed to melt into a big metal puddle of slag.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Que

Post by Que »

Que looks at the slag puddle and then at the security crew, going back and forth a couple times. "Damn it, the GM is screwing us we totally could have taken him." Then focusing on the security guards he says. "I drop my weapons and tell the security guards I won't be trouble." Then realizing he said that ion character he shakes his head oops, all of the Ques sheathing their weapons and putting their hands up. Speaking in unison they say. "We won't be trouble. But I hope the Game Master gave you cameras because you won't believe what this guy did."
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss looks relieved. Security had arrived, finally.

"Was wondering how long it would take you all to track me back here?"

Though Voss has a sidearm, he just leaves it on board the ship. He does however go down on hands and knees and inches his way close to the Killmonger slag, searching for any remnents of the Infinity Sphere.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Vrothuss wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:22 pm "Was wondering how long it would take you all to track me back here?"
Que was a little shocked. "Track you back? How did you know to call in reinforcements before he turned crazy evil?" then the realization hit him as he nodded. "Looked behind the screen didn't you. That's it, when the Game Master was pissing or something you looked at the notes an saw he was going to go full on Mr Johnson on us right? Don't worry I won't tell."
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Dorian Falstaff

Stoic wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:54 pm

Killmonger starts to crumple under the fury of blows from the Que's and Ducky. He drops to one knee and spits out little metal blobs. His face is a mask of rage. "You fools, you don't know what you've done!" He mutters a strange phrase and suddenly you hear a loud "click" from the Infinity Sphere, which turns a dark shade of purple and begins to pulse.

Almost simultaneously you see a large dragon-like serpent burst through a wall. It is intangible and you can see sparks coming from it's form. There are three riders on it, a Promethean, a Noro and a Wolfen. They are all wearing the standard uniform of a Phase World security team. The nimbly hop off of the dragon as it becomes tangible, weapons drawn. The Noro yells "Freeze!" as the security team points various weapons at the crew.
"Contain Sector 71X, we have a situation here." the Promethean calmly says into his comm link. In response you see beacons start to flash and in the background you see phase walls coming down hard.

You look at Killmonger and notice that he has curiously seemed to melt into a big metal puddle of slag.
Dorian watches the fallen Knight dissolve into goo with disgust. "Well, that was anticlimactic... Oh and the gendarmes, as timely as ever. Mr. Givens please stand down and transmit to them your records of the altercation." Having not yet drawn a weapon he just holds his hands to his side, the faceplate of his armor opens to reveal his bored visage.

The hulking robot slowly lowers his blade to the ground and assumes as non-threatening a pose as an eight foot combat robot can. "Of course Lord Director. Officers I shall transmit said data to the frequency of your choosing on demand."

When Voss creeps towards it Dorian looks on with concern. "I would not handle that stuff bare handed Vrothuss. The last thing we need is you possessed or infected with something."
Que wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:28 pm
Vrothuss wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:22 pm "Was wondering how long it would take you all to track me back here?"
Que was a little shocked. "Track you back? How did you know to call in reinforcements before he turned crazy evil?" then the realization hit him as he nodded. "Looked behind the screen didn't you. That's it, when the Game Master was pissing or something you looked at the notes an saw he was going to go full on Mr Johnson on us right? Don't worry I won't tell."
Dorian can help by sigh heavily at Ques bizarre delusion. "Or he deduced that being escorted back by guards would provoke Killmonger and that electronics in said guards armor would notify other guards should that prove true."
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

I might not be Thunder Duck, but I am still a champion.

Ducky put herself in between the timely arrival of the guards and the indomitable crew of the Sovereign. She lowered her sword, neither releasing it or sheathing it. Calmly with force she said, “We are the crew of the Soverign, and that...” She pointed to the slag mess, “Is what is left of the Omegian Killmonger. I am or was... It does not matter. What matters is that we are apprehending a villain.”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

A siren starts to blare and the nearest corridors have a heavy metal plate slide down, blocking the space. You see a faint pink phase field in front of the metal plates.
The infinity sphere pulses faster, Que feels a wave of panic rush through him. The entire space feels more cramped. Anyone brave enough to look sees that the Infinity sphere seems to be collapsing into itself.

"It's gonna pop!" shouts the Promethean in a surprisingly high pitched voice.
Instructions
Dramatic task

Each round, I will draw a card for you (This link will show you how the numbers correspond to the cards https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing)

Roll a relevant attribute at a -2 and describe how you are going to help the Promethean stop the Infinity Sphere from ripping a black hole through center . If the card you get is a club, you are at an additional -2. You need five tokens, and you have three rounds to complete this. Vrothuss and Que get a +2 due to being well-versed dimensional travellers. The Promethan will not be rolling to add to successes, his contributions are already factored in.

Round 1

Vrothuss [dice:28rkjozo]62942:0[/dice:28rkjozo] Ace of Clubs (-2 total)
Que [dice:28rkjozo]62942:1[/dice:28rkjozo] 2 of Diamonds (+0)
Ducky [dice:28rkjozo]62942:2[/dice:28rkjozo] King of Spades (-2 total)
Dorian [dice:28rkjozo]62942:3[/dice:28rkjozo] 6 of Clubs (-4 total)
Mr. Givens [dice:28rkjozo]62942:4[/dice:28rkjozo] 4 of Clubs (-4 total)
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss was that close to picking up the Infinity Sphere when it started pulsing and humming and such.

@Dorian Falstaff "Dorian, what by the Forge have you done?" (As it has become a standard form of venting.)

As the Altess stumbles and fumbles with an explanation, "Whatever you have done, it can not be undone."

As he is as close as he is, Voss is at a slight disadvantage. Any spells he may cast are likely to be pulled in a completely different direction. But manipulation of power is what he does best.

Uncertain of how long the black hole will exist, Voss sets his mind on a course of action. [[Communication Rift - Destination Delaria's System - Planet Qalataria ]]

Spellcasting 5
Scene Modifier: -2

[*] Spellcasting (1d10) [dice:3c9cqx8z]62976:0[/dice:3c9cqx8z]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:3c9cqx8z]62976:1[/dice:3c9cqx8z]

All Voss needs now is a handset and he could reach out and touch Delaria, literally, with just a finger.
Last edited by Vrothuss on Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Dorian Falstaff

Vrothuss wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:17 pm Voss was that close to picking up the Infinity Sphere when it started pulsing and humming and such.

@Dorian Falstaff "Dorian, what by the Forge have you done?" (As it has become a standard form of venting.)

As the Altess stumbles and fumbles with an explanation, "Whatever you have done, it can not be undone."

As he is as close as he is, Voss is at a slight disadvantage. Any spells he may cast are likely to be pulled in a completely different direction. But manipulation of power is what he does best.

Uncertain of how long the black hole will exist, Voss sets his mind on a course of action. [[Random - Dimensional - Easy Rift - Destination Delaria's System - Planet Qalataria ]]

The Rift opens fine but the effort to Teleport the Sphere through the Rift proves to be more than Voss can handle at the time.

@Que "Que can you lift the Sphere through the Rift?"

Anyone looking through the Rift will recognize the Palace of Delaria not more than 20 feet from the other end of the Rift.

Being rather occupied solving yet another crisis the techno wizard doesn't respond with his usual alacrity. Making an in-depth analysis of the interactions between the rift and the sphere across several energy spectra is no easy task. But he does it and comes up with a theory on how to suck the sphere through the rift.
Repair for task roll 12
Modifiers: Scene -4, armor bonus +2, Mr. Fix-it +2, Arcane Machinist for working with preexisting tw gear +2. Net +2
Repair [dice:36q9v7cm]62980:0[/dice:36q9v7cm]
Wild [dice:36q9v7cm]62980:1[/dice:36q9v7cm]
Benny to reroll
Repair [dice:36q9v7cm]62980:2[/dice:36q9v7cm]
Wild [dice:36q9v7cm]62980:3[/dice:36q9v7cm]
Tearing apart his array of personal devices, he combines bits of them with several of the micro drone frames he carries. The resultant techno machine flies above the rift on the opposite side and detonates in a gravimetric wave that curls around and into the rift instilling the rifts event horizon with enough of a gravity well of its own that the sphere begins to rise up into the portal.

"Typical of you Vrothuss, to blame me when only you among us have handled it. Fear not I'll help clean up what is probably your mess."
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

"That Sphere is not of my making. It must be your handy-work for sure."

Voss looks for anything anchored down to keep himself from being sucked through the Rift.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky scowled when the Promethean gets scared. She was not afraid to admit that things had gone upside down faster than she had expected. But when one of legends of phase world had an Octaval change in their voice she knew exactly what to do. She growled doing her best cosmo Knight impression intimidating the promethean into action, ”Get your shit together Promethean. We have a limelight protocol situation here. You know what to do.”

Intimidation: [dice:8nmyv4hf]63011:0[/dice:8nmyv4hf] ace [dice:8nmyv4hf]63011:2[/dice:8nmyv4hf]wild [dice:8nmyv4hf]63011:1[/dice:8nmyv4hf]
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Que

Post by Que »

Que sees what is going on and instantly realizes this is a big deal. "It has too much energy concentrated into one location. We must disperse it and break it down."

As @Vrothuss opens his communication rift Que starts pulling energy off of it and channeling it through the rift as fast as he can. As soon as @Dorian starts doing something useful Que instantly realizes the GM is giving hints how to solve the problem through his NPCs. While a little resentful from the railroading Que still cooperates. No point in everyone loosing a character just out of spite.

Spellcasting 7, 1 token
Spellcasting [dice:1qkteyob]63014:0[/dice:1qkteyob]
Wild [dice:1qkteyob]63014:1[/dice:1qkteyob]
Benny
Spellcasting [dice:1qkteyob]63014:2[/dice:1qkteyob]
Wild [dice:1qkteyob]63014:3[/dice:1qkteyob]
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

As the whirling dimensional maelstrom just seems about to go out of control, it stops, collapsing into itself from every angle. When it finally disappear you feel a wave of energy shoot through your body. Vross recognizes it as the signature of the creation of a new dimension.

The Noro is all business once she realizes the threat is gone. You hear in stereo, audibly and psychically a calm voice, soothing really.

"I need to scan your minds. If I am not able to scan your mind and clear you, then our policy is to shoot you on the spot. Are we clear?" Of course you are, because you've never understood someone more clearly as you have just understood this woman.
Instructions
If you want to resist still, go ahead and roll Spirit. If you succeed, we will draw initiative for a fight. If you just want to let her do it, please say so in an ooc tag or tell me via hangouts
If you are not resisting, please provide an interlude telling me about a time your character was in a situation where the wrong decision would result in early termination. And take a Phase Benny, which is a regular benny that carries over to additional quarters. Once you are all done with this, I will move it ahead, no earlier than Sunday. As always please let me know if there are any questions or concerns.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

"Not entirely certain what you mean by clearing us? We were placed into a no-win situation and took the option with the least repercussions."

"Scan away."

Vrothuss empties his mind and does not resist.

Interlude
Life as a slave is never very pleasant. Just the term slave is in and of itself very unpleasant.

Decisions were very rarely ever left to Voss and his sister. There was always some sort of supervisor or overlord watching and directing everything.

There was also very little room to allow personal judgement or moral issues to step in.

There was a time, right after he and Leonae had discovered their capabilities. Their current owner was nasty and cruel sort. A genuinely honest and upright customer had come to their shop requesting an item be made. The device was simple and nearly mundane compared to the other works they had recently done.

The device was supposed to be an early warning system for the wearer to identify malicious intent towards himself. Their master instructed them to build the device to give false alarms and when the individual wearing the device went to defend themselves, they would get trapped inside the device.

The Gemini pair decided to follow their master's instructions. With the pick up a little ways away, they decided to prepare an alternative in their sleeping hours. The entrapment would be delayed and not permanent. Their master delivered the device personally to the customer and the twins never heard really what became of this specific customer.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

With the danger handled Que looks around with his Arcane Awareness ensuring no surprises wait. "Hum, a capture scene. I can handle this. Go ahead and read my mind." Putting his weapons away Que finally releases his hold on Que, Que, Que, Que, Que, Que, and Que. No wait Que was not there, so it was really Que, Que, Que, Que, Que, and Que that left. Each nodding and agreeing the scene was over and they could leave.
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Dorian Falstaff

Stoic wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:38 pm As the whirling dimensional maelstrom just seems about to go out of control, it stops, collapsing into itself from every angle. When it finally disappear you feel a wave of energy shoot through your body. Vross recognizes it as the signature of the creation of a new dimension.

The Noro is all business once she realizes the threat is gone. You hear in stereo, audibly and psychically a calm voice, soothing really.

"I need to scan your minds. If I am not able to scan your mind and clear you, then our policy is to shoot you on the spot. Are we clear?" Of course you are, because you've never understood someone more clearly as you have just understood this woman.
Instructions
If you want to resist still, go ahead and roll Spirit. If you succeed, we will draw initiative for a fight. If you just want to let her do it, please say so in an ooc tag or tell me via hangouts
If you are not resisting, please provide an interlude telling me about a time your character was in a situation where the wrong decision would result in early termination. And take a Phase Benny, which is a regular benny that carries over to additional quarters. Once you are all done with this, I will move it ahead, no earlier than Sunday. As always please let me know if there are any questions or concerns.
Somehow the bored expression on the techno-wizards face becomes even more-so. "Fine.. You'll find everything from the last several minuets still in the first floor sorting area of my memory palace. It's all very clearly marked." He stands there waiting, his head tilted impatiently to the side.

Galtreb III, Altess Dynasty space. 60 years ago. Amid the 9th Altess-Splugorth war.

While the Dynasty generally avoid colonizing worlds with enough magic to form ley lines Galtreb III, with it's rich metal and rare earth element deposits made it a necessity for the heavily automated Altess. It also gave the Splugorth a means to attack the Dynasty world that was unexpected and being far behind the lines of the front where the battles usually raged. In the field servicing a unit of robotic soldiers stationed to a remote facility in a normally uninhabitable volcanic plain. Dorian found himself stranded there and in the path of a much larger force of Kydians raiders. The raiders had sent in an air strike but the defenders were able to take it out, making the upcoming battle a purely ground affair. Unfortunately the strike had damaged the power generators of the facility. Unsure if he could repair it enough to safely power the facilities defense systems to aid in the battle and keep the facilities life support system running. Without the guns they may well lose the battle and anyone left alive would fall into the hands of the splugorth. Without life support the inside of the facility would rapidly heat to temperatures fatal to those inside.

Among those who lived and worked there was a representative of UWW dwarves who purchased materials of no value to mundane manufacturing but useful in techno-wizardry. Technarch Finn Mac N'ail approached Dorian with the idea of tapping into a nearby. At first the proposal looked like gibberish to the Altess, dangerous gibberish like to cause a feedback loop that would kill them all before the Kydians could. But something about it perked his interest, so instead of calling it such and distaining the use of magic that was almost instinctual to his people he listened. And somehow he began to understand some of the basics of the proposal. Allowing the alterations to be made and even assisting in writing the code for the power transfer relays, full power was restored just in time for the Kydian advance.

Expecting easy picking the raiders instead faced fierce resistance and were quickly repelled. Dorian was officially commended for the victory but unofficially he was comdemned for the use of magic, He was "rewarded" by being stationed on Galtreb III for 5 years to upgrade the defenses of the world against future attacks of that sort. However Dorian didn't see it as a punishment since it allowed him to work with Finn and learn the art of the techno-wizard.
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

As the lady begins scanning Que's mind the insanity stands out. For some reason she cannot explain he is wondering when the pizza will arrive, what he will take for his next level 'maybe a level of cleric to help with healing', with the GM playing an artificer no need to worry about gear. But holy crap was that guy long winded, who knew he had such a detailed backstory going so far back, or that he had done all that? It is pretty coll, but yeah we know your the GM and you have some huge backstory for your Artificer NPCs. But come on, just say he is an artificer and move on. Did you see that origin story he just shared, could have been knocked down to one paragraph easy. It is not like these security NPCs have any way of knowing any of that.

This GM was not so bad Que thought back on some of his other GMs. Like that time he was a barbarian in Fey Run and the GM decided they needed to negotiate through a wizard school. Like how the hell was he supposed to work socially through a tower. Talk about a lame adventure. Sure it was great for Tiamon's player, but holy hells he was bored out of his mind and kept get put to sleep by every wizard in the tower. This wasn't so bad, as long as they played along and let the lady read their minds everything would be aces. After all they where the good guys.
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky nodded to the Noro. It just made sense what was being proposed. She sheathed her sword and removed her helmet. Her golden locks streamed down across her back as she faced the galactic being. Her no eyes could not see color but long ago when she was soaring the cosmos as a knight one of her friends was a Noro and he once described himself in breathless detail to Ducky. Calmly she said, “You May uncover who I am, and who we are. But their are secrets I have made vows to protect. Leave them alone and you may, as Voss said, scan away.”

Imterlude:
Killmonger faced Ducky, not for the first nor last time he towered over the Altaran. She was crumpled on the floor, her sword scattered feet away. The hulking Omegean sneared, “Are you so worthless that you cannot withstand my blows?”

Her chest fell raggedly, Killmonger had shown her no quarter per usual as they sparred, ”Master... I...” Crack!

Killmonger’s bladeless fell again this time cracking Ducky’s protective helm. Should he strike again he may cleave her head in twain. The vicious monster roared, “Excuses? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”

Ducky shook with fury. What was she doing? She had once been a noble Cosmo Knight, now stripped of her power she lay before her new master, as if a limp Denobulin Noodle. What was she doing? She struggled to find her footing. Blood gushed from her brow and her arms felt like lead weights. But rise she did. She faced him with now sword, but face her master she did, “Master... I am standing.”

Killmonger laughed refraining from striking again. He paused frowning. While seperate himself from the forge he was still prone to vIsions of what is too come. He had just seen her rise far from now and defeat him. Somethings would never pass. “Good. Very good Ducky. You will need that strength. We have been tasked with locating Needie Fairchild, an Atless from their noble houses. Our sources tell that the Fairchild brain scans hold the location of the Forge. Two have already been dissected for confirmation, we will need all of them. Needie is but the first of many.”

Not for the first time Ducky wondered if this cruel life was for her. Despite her fall from Cosmic grace, she felt a certain sense of heroism in her breast. Although Killmonger had beaten, tortured, and carved it out... A sliver remained festering... But she knew the price of disobedience was death... Maybe some day she would regain her courage, but not today, “Yes master...”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

The three and a previously invisible Wolfen lead you down a dizzying labrynth of twists and turns toward the heart of Center.
A palm print from the Noro opens the door to a blank white room, with the exact right amount of seats.

"Sit." he says, without moving his lips. He continues the conversation telepathically.
"You may not know it, but you nearly created a catastrophe. That item that was with you is what's known as an Infinity Sphere, an extremely ancient artifact, that's mystery is only exceeded by it's power." "I know you didn't realize what you were getting into, so we are letting you go. However, it's important for you to know that there is a contract out on you and your ship. It's currently at 5 million credits and was issued by a man known only as 'Stryker'. Obviously this will not be honored and is illegal in a civilized location such as this, but once you get out into the hinterlands...it's hard to say. If you need some credits and a new set of I.D., that can be arranged. We have a good need for people like you, so long as you can be discrete. What do you say?"
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

"Our last operation was obviously less than discrete but circumenstances required things to be more open."

"Please except our apologies on the near catastrophe. Some of us have had experience with similar Spheres but obviously not one so powerful."

"Personally, I would be interested to know what you and yours could do for a limited species, like mine, in regards to new I.D.s."
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky sighed. She hated not being able to “see”. She had heard that wolfen people had fur, and she very much wondered what it actually looked like. She held her hand out as if to stroke the fur of one but quickly withdrew it. Now is not the time... What are we even doing here? I think Dorian had something to do with it.

She sighed again Almost ignoring the plee for help. Quietly she said firmly, “No doubt we can help you. First... It had to be done, Killmonger killed the guards. We have our limits to idle atrocities. Why did Killmonger murder those security guards?”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Dorian Falstaff

Dorian aubidly sputters at the idea of a fake I.D., the insinuation that he doesn't know something, and at the fact that he didn't but before hehis frustration and ire can coalesce into a stream of verbal abuse, Mr. Givens steps in.

"The Lord Director thanks you for your discretion in this matter sir. The offer of employment and cover I.D.s is most generous considering todays troubling events. Regardless of on whom the fault lies."

Flustered with his manservants presumption the Altess nearly lays into the android but thinks better of it and decides to see what his crewmates think of all this.
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Que was not surprised when the Wolfen emerged, his True Sight having already revealed them to him. As they are taken in and things get sorted out the knowledge that there is a 5 million bounty on them is news indeed. "Cool, yeah I could use a new ID and a mission. After the GM switched systems I seemed to have lost my ability to shape change. I will get it back eventually, but for now I just do not have that ability."

"So what can you tell us of this mission, I mean we are like heroes and stuff. So nothing morally wrong, cause we do't do that." Then telepathically Que uses his link with @Ducky 'Hey boss, you know anything about wolfen or norro? Are they the types to play straight with us? I really nee to read the monster manual and get caught up on all the prominent races.'
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Que’s break with reality seemed to have grown stronger with the vigorous adventuring of the last month. Ducky stifled her exasperation and responded projecting confidence in her apprentices abilities. @Que My familiarity with these races are only from battle. Either will die at the end of a blade... Such horrors were perpetrated when I was part of the evil Omega knights... Now though it is important we-I do better and treat them with respect. Even if they do not reciprocate we must take a higher road.
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Que

Post by Que »

Ducky wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:24 am Que’s break with reality seemed to have grown stronger with the vigorous adventuring of the last month. Ducky stifled her exasperation and responded projecting confidence in her apprentices abilities. @Que My familiarity with these races are only from battle. Either will die at the end of a blade... Such horrors were perpetrated when I was part of the evil Omega knights... Now though it is important we-I do better and treat them with respect. Even if they do not reciprocate we must take a higher road.
'Right Boss, I gotcha. Play straight with them and if they betray us, we flee rather than harm them. I can totally do that, no need for people to get hurt.' Que looks around trying ot gather as much information as possible. "Any chance we could get some snacks and coffee? I mean y'all have had us a while and all, and my powers make it so I am constantly hungry. It is like a thing where I need to eat."
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

The Noro looks to Vrothuss. "Yes, you in particular might have a more difficult time with the ID but I still think it would provide you with some benefit."

He turns his penetrating gaze to Ducky, not that she can see it. "Killmonger was wanted in several systems. A death bounty in many of the less civilized worlds...No doubt he knew that were he to be captured he would be sold to the highest bidder."

"Yes, there is a bounty by this Stryker fellow, an up and coming Pirate. Rumors are that you killed his crew, Danny's Dozen. The thing it, it was what is called a baker's dozen where Stryker comes from, so there were actually 13 of them including Stryker. Now Five million isn't a ton of credits for your whole crew, but there are still some people out there desperate enough to try, just probably not any professional spacers. Not yet at least."

The noro pulls out a small rectangular flat piece of plastic, it looks like a security badge but it is blank. Anyone who can make a common knowledge roll at a -2 has heard of these before. There are whispered rumors that the Special Activities division of the Phase World security force has badges that change according to the users needs.

He sets a badge in front of each of you. "You may have heard of these before. These can only be bonded to one user, and can never bond to anyone else. Once you are done with this, and why you would ever be done with something so useful is a mystery to me, it's done. You need to sign your true name on the badge and then it is yours. What it will do is manipulate peoples minds and even electronic systems in your local area to match up with whatever identity you are using at the time. Obviously, he gestures towards Vrothuss and Ducky, some of you will be harder to convince others due to your particular physiological makeup, but even then you will not show up as Vrothuss or Ducky. Now, your mission is actually a fairly easy one, so far. But as we all know these things tend to become more complex the deeper we get into them. There is a city on Tarzipan, one of the moons that revolve around the planet Azulhar, an Atlantean settlement. I need you to meet up with a woman named Scarlett, a silhouette. She has some intel that we need, and I need you to get the data, it's much too sensitive to transmit over the ansibles, and bring it back to me. That's it. And the fee is quite high, 100,000 credits for each of you. So what do you say? Easy money, right?" he smirks.

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a five credit bill which he hands to Que. "There's a vending machine down the hall. Go get yourself something to tide you over for now while you all are mulling this over."
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky took the “badge” glossing over the subtle visual ques. It was bad enough that one Danny had survived. If Stryker was like the rest of the Danny’s he would be coming after them, coming after them hard. I bet he hires the Remorseless. Now that would be some reunion.

Ducky Boss waiting a heart beat listening to the team for any objections before tossing in her measured, “We will see it done.”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Que

Post by Que »

Pocking the security badge Que perks up when when the credit stick is offered. "Awesome, thanks I was really feeling it." Jumping up he heads down the hall and comes back with a hand full of candy bars.

Having missed Ducky's announcement while he was out, Que is eating one of the bars as he offers some to the others. "So when do he head out to take care of this for them?" Simply assuming they will perform the mission.
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Dorian Falstaff

At his quoted price Dorian can only sputter in indignation. "100,000 a piece? That would barely cover the bloody cost to fly there. So unless you will be providing for travel there and back, and paying for our ships berth here while we are away, it is far from acceptable. Also, you have not mentioned any reward for Killmonger here. He was obviously quite wanted by you as well."

With an exagerated sign he looks over his crewmates. "I swear to the forge, were it not for me you lot would be broke and stranded somewhere stupidly dangerous with only well wishes and homecooked meals as recompense."

"That is a bit harsh sir, the Captain just wishes to aid others."

"Well we would have a poor time at that were we stranded in the void because we ran out of parts."
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky was glad Dorian was along for the ride. She would never forget how close she came to killing him when she was an omega knight. Killmonger himself had tasked Ducky to end him and bring his head back on a pike. In the end something about him and something niggling in her head had stayed her hand back then. But, that was not the last time someone had wanted Dorian dead. No for her the reason she left the Remorseless was because the captain of that ship had entertained turning on Dorian and giving him to the Naruni...

Ducky smiled thinking about how much she enjoyed Dorian’s company. “Like he said... Throw in the bounty for Killmonger and it will ensure our full throated efforts. Otherwise you’ll get a remorseless version of us, and ah that would be the lesser version to be clear.”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Que

Post by Que »

Ducky wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:45 am Ducky smiled thinking about how much she enjoyed Dorian’s company. “Like he said... Throw in the bounty for Killmonger and it will ensure our full throated efforts. Otherwise you’ll get a remorseless version of us, and ah that would be the lesser version to be clear.”
Que bursts out in a short chortle. "Remorseless lesser. That's perfect." Then realizing the rest of the room would have no idea what his crew was joking about he stops himself and eats another chip. "Sure, toss in the other bounty. I am going where ever Ducky takes us. She's the boss."
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

OOC Comments
The Noro agrees to triple your fee and pay for travel expenses.You immediately realize you could've taken him for more.

You are provided with a video file and a quick demonstration of how the devices work. (They will require a K/Electronics or Smarts roll to activate, players choice)
Revolving around the planet Azulhar is a moon that the locals call Tarzipan. The Atlanteans terraformed this moon many eons ago, and have formed it into a paradise for their people. The temperature of the inhabited areas averages 80 each day, and the landscaped is dotted with massive pyramids, configured ever so precisely by stone masters. Rippling blue lines of magical energy are threaded through the landscape, controlled and managed by the local governments. The moon has plenty of lush green jungles, populated by a diverse mixture of flora and fauna. It is considered a vacation planet by many Atlanteans and other species, and is often used as a great location for an anonymous meeting. Which is why you are here. Tomorrow afternoon (2:00 p.m. local time) a meeting is to occur. You are to meet up with a silhouette who goes by the name of Scarlett to receive a sensitive package. You have approximately 22 hours before the meet. What are you doing?
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Que

Post by Que »

Que looks around the paradise planet. "Well we have time to kill, I want to see if I can do some shopping and learn a thing or two." Heading out Que is ready to get the most out of this planet. After all if your on a pleasure planet you should find some pleasure.

Then as he starts to walk off it comes to him the time the GM tricked him with the succubus that took two of his levels away. "You know, on second thought. I think there could be dangers here we do not know about. Lets stick together." Looking over at @Dorian Falstaff he says. "Well we have plenty of time. You think you could whip up a Gizmo for us that will make it so we can tell if there is a trap, like sixth sense or super senses or something useful? I do not really want to lose any levels." The last bit said quietly under his breath as he pans around getting an eye full of the dangers around them.
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky nodded at @Que’s assessment. Going together was the safest bet. Plus there could be some folks who remember her from the battle of Burnt Sienna. For good or ill she had played a hand in that disaster. Her lips pursed as she wondered not for the first time if @Que might be worried about losing levels.

”Shopping is good. But lets also look for the less fortunate and give them a reason to keep moving forward as well as provide a path for them to better themselves.”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Dorian Falstaff

Que wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:57 am Que looks around the paradise planet. "Well we have time to kill, I want to see if I can do some shopping and learn a thing or two." Heading out Que is ready to get the most out of this planet. After all if your on a pleasure planet you should find some pleasure.

Then as he starts to walk off it comes to him the time the GM tricked him with the succubus that took two of his levels away. "You know, on second thought. I think there could be dangers here we do not know about. Lets stick together." Looking over at @Dorian Falstaff he says. "Well we have plenty of time. You think you could whip up a Gizmo for us that will make it so we can tell if there is a trap, like sixth sense or super senses or something useful? I do not really want to lose any levels." The last bit said quietly under his breath as he pans around getting an eye full of the dangers around them.
As they disembark Dorian sees to important matters, dispatching Mr. Givens for refreshments. He also patches into the local datanet, legitimately for now, to fins them accommodations. Both because it would be expected of visitors and just for a change of scenery. he wraps up the reservation as Givens returns with a tray of fruity cocktails. Choosing one and sipping it he answers Que's question. "Any sort of precognitive device would require extensive research and development time. And would probably make Gods of time and the like quite angry. Remote viewing used to be possible. But.. Que do you recall remarking about being "nerfed" after our meeting with Delaria? Well at first I assumed it was more of your typical rambling. Was certain in fact, as you seemed the same to me in every aspect. But after the sphere melted down on Center.." The Altess pauses to takes a not small drink. "After the meltdown I could remember things differently so to speak. Like two near identical memory tracks beginning sometime around that moment. Events and people are the same but many personal energy fields and auras have changed. Some on deep fundamental levels like yourself. Others in less drastic ways. I suppose that's not terribly relevant to our situation. Short answer. No, we'll have to rely on old fashioned legwork. The brightside being our contact has little impetus to betray us. It's not as if we're bringing payment for her to steal."
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

The next day, 2:00 p.m.

The meet is at an outdoor cafe, underneath an awning. You see the reason why it's under the awning when she appears. At first you just see a pair of scarlett lips and then the rest of her appears, out of the shadows which drip off of her as she gets closer to you. She is a strikingly beautiful woman, wearing a simple black dress and comfortable shoes. A serious woman who clearly knows how to use her good looks to her advantage. She waits for you all to stand, which you find yourself doing reflexively, and then she sits and the rest of you follow. Dorian feels a slight vibration on his computer and a quick glance shows she has already transferred the file. Curious. The woman smiles and speaks in a husky voice, like whiskey and honey.

"I'm Scarlette. I know what you're thinking, but yes, you did come all this way just for that file. A lot of people don't know this, but the Empire has methods of filtering messages sent through the network. They would delete this one immediately, and then track down everyone involved and use them to set an example." She shakes her head. "Hopefully the annoyance at the duration will at least be somewhat satisfied if only you were to know how important this mission is."
OOC Comments
Does anyone have any questions for her? If so get them out quick, I'm posting the next part Sunday evening
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Dorian Falstaff

When his wrist computer queeps at the download Dorian scowls a bit and immediately isolates the file in a virtual machine to keep any thing in it from infecting his system. Besides being concerned about some kind of repeat of the possession incident Dorian is also mistrustful of Empire code, so he saw no point in letting the file interact with any of his software if it was avoidable. He then sigh, "Do you want to know a secret we Altess have learned by watching the rest of you for thousands of years? It's probably not important." He nods towards the screen of his device. "Unless this is some portent of destruction on a galactic scale, in the long run it won't really change a thing. Overthrowing the Empire, or whatever you're about, sounds great but in a century or so some new conglomerate of maleficent thugs will start a new one. Quite probably born of the seeds of this act or some other like it." He swirls his drink, a mimosa made with Atlantean brewed alcohol thoughtfully, "Or maybe drinking the liquors of a fading race makes me morose. Regardless, we will ensure this reaches Center."

Were the robotic face of Mr. Givens capable of expression it would show concern when he looked at his creator. Dorian had always been a bit moody for an Altess, but he had been more so since the dissolution of the Infinity Sphere. At first the robotic manservant had assumed it was due to the loss of such an interesting subject of study, and that did seem to be a part of the scientists troubles, but even more troubling for Dorian was "The Recalibration". He'd spent the trip to this world in his workshop devising test to quantify the changes wrought by it.

At least the Captain and Mr. Que are seeming like their normal selves he thinks as he electronically orders Dorian (and the others) some food to go with his drink. "Sirs and Madams, I have taken the liberty of ordering a buffet spread for you."
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

A secret worth the murder of everyone who knew about it...

Ducky extended her Altaran sight to its outer most limits looking for anyone or perhaps a large group of someones coming for them. Whatever this sultry spy had obtained the calmness in her voice betrayed the imminent danger she and the crew of the sovereign had found themselves in.
@Que My apprentice, they will be coming... Be alert, they may already be here.
Ducky whispered to @Vrothuss, “We need to leave now... Teleport.”
To the woman she smiled pleasantly while under the table her hands deftly fiddled with a communicator. It was not a normal communicator, it only went to one person... Or machine rather. @Dorian Falstaff’s Personal Assistant and body guard. A fight is coming... She clicked the defend button. Who ever came for the sovereign would find it awfully hard to take Dorian while Given’s was still functioning.

Playing the game Ducky said sweetly relying on her genetically altered charm, “We thank you for your efforts, and your voice is really sexy. Nicely done.”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss had been probably just as silent as @Dorian Falstaff had been since leaving Center. The loss of the Orb was leaving deep impressions on all the Soveriegn's crew.

He absent mindedly followed the others to their meet, taking no real pleasure in his new look. The power surge had left his body but the memory of it was effecting everything after first contact.

@Ducky mentioned porting. That was enough to bring him out of his melancholy. "How many? How soon?"
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Ducky wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:09 pmDucky extended her Altaran sight to its outer most limits looking for anyone or perhaps a large group of someone's coming for them. Whatever this sultry spy had obtained the calmness in her voice betrayed the imminent danger she and the crew of the sovereign had found themselves in.
@Que My apprentice, they will be coming... Be alert, they may already be here.
Que was instantly ready for action at Ducky's mentioning of something strange going on, stepping back from where he was, he instantly begins looking around, hoping his ability to glimpse into the future would alert him to the nature of the danger. Que could teleport as naturally as he could walk, but nobody teleported as well as a Shifter and especially not one with time to master his craft. Que waited for Vrothuss to do his thing, or for the threat to identify itself so he could kill it.
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Ducky was right of course. Almost as soon as she finishes the word "done" a perfect circle appears right between Scarlette's eyes and she drops to the ground stone dead. A hush rolls through the area as a massive Kreeghor appears is the now shadowless area under the awning. On the other side of you there is, a woman crackling with electricity and on yet another side is a horrifically scarred elf, hovering a foot over the ground as magic crackles at his finger tips.

The Kreeghor speaks in a booming voice, unaturally loud even for such a creature. His voice is so loud that the cups and plates rattle on the simple wrought iron tables with each word he shouts.

"HAND OVER THE DATA FILE AND THIS WILL ALL BE OVER!"
OOC Comments
I presume a fight will break out at this point, but you always manage to surprise me. Please post what your intended action is and then we will see what happens.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Of course... There is the other shoe.

Sometimes Ducky hated being right. The cafe setting dictated that she wore a dress blue with swirls of holographic energy. A simple vibro knife was strapped along her inner thigh. But she was far from defenseless. Trained by the forge at one time or an other she could defend herself with her own fists if need be. But this was not the time or place.

She stood careful to not spill her americano. A gust of artificial breeze blew her hair back, long and flowing. Her eyes were ever covered with a chitinous like material. She was Altaran but unlike any many had seen or heard tale of. Her dress hung tight and her arms beseeched the crowd as much as fended off her adversary’s.

“We all know how this ends Kreeghor. We have all seen the star graveyards above Trillus IV, or the slave mines on Debulon Prime. What of the treaty of Praxis? Broken! We all know what happens to those who acquiesce to the will of the Kreghor! Death, slavery, and worse atrocities await those who bend. But we here... We band of unlikely star crossed brothers say no more!” Her hand grasped her coffee and emptied it on the ground in a wavering line, ”The line is here, and you will not cross it!”

As she spilt her coffee with her right hand, her left free hand curled behind her back signaling to her companions the following... @Dorian Falstaff don’t be a waste of space, @Que lock them down, @Vrothuss teleport already!
Inspire spell casting +4: 1d10! 1d6!: [10!, 6]+[1] = 17
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Que

Post by Que »

Que wastes no time once he sees the signal from @Ducky. Then with a push of his will and a few gestures? Wait, what. When the hell did genetically engineered super soldiers start using gestures? Damn that BS respec, he hated gestures, he was no simple wizard with a special effect change.

Back on track, Que finishes those gestures and adds the words of power. Arghh! This is a wizard, son of a bitch, they made me a wizard. I was supposed to be a Fighter first and Sorcerer to let me use still spell and silent spell. Then Que opens his eyes allowing him to see everything true in the world followed by bending reality itself creating tiny bubbles of time around each of his allies. Then new compressions of time and gravity form that wrap around the enemies as each of them becomes unable to act or move as gravity squeeze's down on them stopping time from flowing.

Exalted Detect Arcana and Presence Sense (innate self only. no MAP) - Spellcasting 1d10!!+2: [8]+2 = 10
Exalted Detect Arcana and Presence Sense (innate self only. no MAP) - Wild Spellcasting 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4

Greater Quickness on whole team casts at -2 for MAP
Greater Quickness on whole team casts with MAP 1d10!!-1: [8]-1 = 7
Greater Quickness on whole team casts with MAP 1d6!!-1: [2]-1 = 1

Each of those Ques will cast Greater Entangle + Strong on the baddies
Each of those Ques will cast Greater Entangle and Strong on the baddies 1d8!!: [7] = 7
Each of those Ques will cast Greater Entangle and Strong on the baddies 1d8!!: [7] = 7
Each of those Ques will cast Greater Entangle and Strong on the baddies 1d8!!: [4] = 4
Each of those Ques will cast Greater Entangle and Strong on the baddies 1d8!!: [12!!] = 12
Each of those Ques will cast Greater Entangle and Strong on the baddies 1d8!!: [22!!] = 22

• +3 Q reset
[/inline]

Return to “Adventure Forum”