Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post Reply
User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3453
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Video Recap
After a narrow victory in the murderthon the group returns to the monotony of their every days lives... That is until being summoned to briefing room 2C six days later ( feel free to make a natural healing roll).
  • Keith, 42, Aggy, Lu Lu, and Jane all got 40k for eeking out a win!
As a note benny reset! All once a quad things reset!

Keith
During the short six day down time, you received a Parcel... A box delivered by carrier from Widowmaker. The Quarter Master, Denzil, a frumpy long browned hair man with overalls harrumphs and reads the from label with surprise, "Woa man! From Widowmaker!! Jeeze alive. You are so lucky." In it was a dead head of a horse. The quarter master who gave you the box raised his eye a bit startled at the boxes contents. His brown hair flopped a bit as he squeaked, "Woa... Someone wants you dead..." Sort of dreamy he mentions, "If someone wanted me dead I would want it to be Widowmaker."
Briefing room 2C was a little sparse and had a retro tech white board on one wall. Stone walls lined the floor, ceiling, and walls. Eight chairs were stationed U shape in front of a simple glass desk. Captain Pender Lumpkiss sat at the desk and looked at the group of motley legionaries before him. His eyes did not inspire confidence, and when he spoke he seemed goofy and unsure, “Ahh... yes ok. So you guys seem pretty familiar.” His nose scrunched up for a second and he looked at you all with a raised eye brow. He does a double take with @Aggelos... "Didn't I see you in the bathroom? Something about your eyes..." After a moment he coughed fiddling with the thin file folder in hand, "Says here...” He glanced down into the manila folder with some papers in it, “Ahh yes ok, says here your Team Designation is Field Team Six.” He smiled setting the folder down in front of him, “Not a bad name really. Looks like it is just six of you. So... Uh yeah you are here today because you returned from Kingsdale. Not to say that you would not return...” He took a drink of water and he paused collecting his thoughts, “Ok so your mission is a pretty simple one. We would like you to Patrol this little stretch of land here to the east of the castle.”

He pulled out a map showing it to the group and tapped on a section to the east of Castle Refuge. His finger went southeast then cut north and finally circled back. He leaned in looking at it more carefully, “Looks like there are a few hamlets, some interesting geological formations, and lots of wilderness out that way. Oh and up here of course the trading post Crowly. Keep the area as secure as possible... Ya know patrol it for a couple of weeks, don’t die, and come back here. Pretty simple.” He glanced up at the group handing them the very basic map. “Looks like the forecast is sunshine and pretty temperate. I would not even bother to pack a rain coat. See you in a week...” He glanced down at his folder and frowned, “Oh looks like I am coming with you... I need to meet an engineer in Crowly about some care bears...”

42
Tylor Thomas was just coming off his shift. He threw himself onto his bed and grinned at 42... He wiped his face rubbing out some sleepy, “Oh man... 42, you would never beleive the orders Silverforge is taking these days...” The young technowizard shook his head looking up at the ceiling while lying on his bed, “I hear you are leaving in short order on a patrol. Bundle up, I was talking to Gabriel this funny heroic Grackle in the mess... Supposed to rain like you would not believe for the next two weeks... They actually asked Me to go to crowly to pick up an arcane engineer, but Silverforge told them flat out no... I got things to make, orders to fill.” Tylor gets up and pulls out a clean set of clothes, “I hear Captain Lumpkiss is going with you guys. Just be careful, something happened last month. Where did Mrs. Dee go? All of a sudden he is acting like it is perfectly normal... Something fishy... Anyways, I am going to take a shower... You want to head out to the training area later on? I hear Aggy is going to be showing off some gunsmithing skills.”

Location: On the road
Weather:Foul
Leylines: here and there.

Thunderstorms, skittering rain, and flash floods... There was no sunshine in sight!

Captain Lumpkiss pressed up against a small rock outcropping as the wind whipped through the plains the heroes were on. He wore a bright colored yellow short sleeved shirt with blue flowers on it, and a pair of cropped pants calf high. All complete with long socks and white sneakers. Not exactly what you would call inclement adventuring gear. Calling out he yelled over the wind, " Aggy where did this wind come from... Keith you seem like an asshole can't you do anything about it?? Damnit 42, keep out of the sky! It had better not rain, the forecast said nothing about rain..." His voice trailed off as the dark skies above flash with lightning only to be followed by the crack of thunder! Looking at his briefing report he maddening flipped through it page after page as if it would change anything. Rain started to gush down! " Oh... Lu lu we seem to have the same jacket size don't suppose you have a spare... Or anyone have an extra jacket?" The rainy wind buffed the group flicking the reports out of his hand and scattering them all over the place. The sky lit up again, the water roared downward at an agle bitting into anyone not in environmental armor. " Sideways Rain, damn it... Jane can you see anything!!??? Common keep moving, its like the world is against us... No! Rise up men and women, tell the world no!" Despite his attempt at inspiration the captain slipped and careened down a gully, un-harmed say for his pride. His weather report flew all soggy hitting @Aggelos in the face. Not much other than the date and who prepared it was able to be gleaned... Last Weeks weather report... Signed Gabe...

The eastern patrol route took you through the area once called southeast Arkansas. The lands were normally flat, fertile, and sometimes swampy. However, the weather was anything but normal. It was like the weather had grown a personality and it was a bitch. Whatever few villages might be out there were washed away or perhaps the team could not find them in such torrential down pour. Beside the occasional rhino buffalo, ruins of plantation houses from a bygone era or CS patrol there was nothing out there that the team could not handle. The route continued into some sheltered pines and then turned northward.

Captain Lumpkiss lowered his binoculars and huddled down under a tall pine Tree. He was caked in mud and his loud yellow shirt poked through his huntsmen armor. The group had been traveling the better part of two days through a thick pine forest. The good thing was the trees provided a bit more cover than the open plains and farm land that their journey had begun with. But the rain... It was never ending and just made it miserable. The Captain was pointing North and yelling over the pitter patter of rain that was splashing up from the ground at the groups faces, "Argghh... The hell! The rain is coming from the ground!!! We need to head that way if we are ever going to make it to the trading post!" The Captain looked down at his sneakers well past soaked. The water had risen up to his bony ankles, "Someone grab Jane’s hand and help her through... What are the odds that a flash flood is coming... ?"
His voice caught as something in the dark shadows moved or maybe it was just an innocent deer, "Something is out there... Did you see it- Ughhhh..." A large branch snapped off in the poor weather heading for Ophelia and the Captain knocked her aside taking the brunt of the branch to his head! The Captain mumbled finding his footing something about, " Ugggh... My head... Ophelia you ok? We need to find the raised plato from the ice age era... That's where we will find Crowly..."

Turning Northward the group headed up into the more swampy lands that boarder the mighty Mississippi which the group found even more of a slog in the pouring howling rain. Now flash floods were a thing and sleep was a forgotten friend. A slightly less worse thing was these north eastern lands of Arkansas were a bit more populated, including a bustling trade post in an area 200 feet in elevation above the swampy surrounding area called Crowly’s. The downside was, these old outcropping of raised land were numerous spread out and in the rain almost impossible to distinguish which one was raised during the Pleistocene era. Beyond the rain there was some scattered radio chatter and an occasional CS patrol but nothing was really life threatening out here... Or was there?
Hello? Is anyone out there?
For a benny narrate a little radio chatter that you pick up on. Could be from a village, could be from Crowly, could even be a chance CS intercept.

Rolling Dice Time: Please choose one task/scene below to help shape your interaction with the general narrative. Each scene/task must have at least one person be the lead, and only up to two players may make lead rolls for the individual scene/task. For example say to notice some bad guys, three players wanted to participate. The first two wanted to roll independently and make their own lead rolls. Then the third player would have to support one of the first two players.
  • Players can work together (support) or independently (each make your own requisite roll). Barring edges or abilities Players can only roll for one scene!!
  • Supporting is some times easier: Supporting the scene rather than being the main roller means you only take on half the negative modifiers, but the TN remains the same. Supporting can only add a total of +4 bonus no matter the successes and raises garnered.
  • Lead with a Signature skill, gear, edge, power... Leading characters can describe one of your favorite powers, edges, peices of gear, or skills (not the one you are rolling) how does it help you in this moment? Have it add a +2 bonus to your below roll. For example, I am going to take lead and roll my d6 academics, but I want to tell how my kn occult also helped me... Now I get to roll d6+2 before I take in account the scene penalty.
What if, Can Is, What abouts? Players read...
Hey GM, none of us read the directions and we all rolled academics... It might be a good thing to discuss in hangouts what you want to do.

What if we roll independently, one of us succeeds and one of us fails. Failing Person becomes fatigued. But the group finds their way with a success.

What if we work as a team (one person supports the other) and Fail: Both become fatigued.

What if I fail my support roll? Nothing unless the end result was a failure.

So... I got a super duper edge that lets me support multiple people can I use it to support multiple characters, what if they all fail their tasks? Yes you can use it and you get fatigued per failure. Sometimes helping so many people really stretches you thin...

Do we need to roll against the weather, it seems like a shit storm... Nope, the weather is included in the difficulty of your tasks.

Whats up with the difficulties? How are they determined, holy smokes -6 TN 8 on Survival??? Because it is is rifts, I put the difficulty like a dramatic task at -2, then I use the freedom squad random difficulties (1-disaster, 2-SNAFU, 3-Major Issue, 4-Interference, 5- Bit of Luck, 6-Jackpot) I use those random difficulties to help shape what is going on.
Academics, rocks always interfere
Academics [dice:2qaohyhu]61626:0[/dice:2qaohyhu], interference
Crowly’s is situated on an area of rock left over from thousands of years ago during the world’s ice age. The bad part is, there are a bunch of plateau's so identifying the right one and not wasting time or resources mud hiking up the wrong one is crucial to your mission.
Success you locate the right geological formation without delay, on a raise you find a small dagger made out of blue ethereal stone with a series of runes etched into both sides. It is stained red at the tip.
Make an Academic's skill roll at -4 TN is 4. Failure you bump your bones on the rocks in search of the correct outcropping.
Survival, Its a disaster!
Survival [dice:2qaohyhu]61626:1[/dice:2qaohyhu] [dice:2qaohyhu]61626:6[/dice:2qaohyhu] What an utter disaster!
Keeping on track is important... Getting lost while not impossible is generally pretty tough given the crude maps and occasional village. But making sure you get to Crowly’s before the food runs out would be super duper awesome. With a raise, you know a good path back to take from Crowly’s to Castle Refuge... Should be a three days journey to get home and out of this godforsaken mission.

Failure Special: You do not make it to Crowley but Pender Lumkiss becomes separated and lost from the group.
Make a Survival Skill roll at -6, TN is 8 (oppose Roll)
Notice, a bit of a SNAFU brewing...
[dice:2qaohyhu]61626:2[/dice:2qaohyhu] SNAFU. [dice:2qaohyhu]61626:3[/dice:2qaohyhu] [dice:2qaohyhu]61626:4[/dice:2qaohyhu] Wild [dice:2qaohyhu]61626:5[/dice:2qaohyhu]
Lurking in the darkness or between lightning flashes lying low in the planes, something is stalking you... Success you find a black market bounty fob in the dirt, its coded preventing access to who the bounty is and what hunter is assigned it. Raise, you catch sight of at least three individuals on your periphery too elusive to attack or really do anything about. One of them is in some kind of arcane power armor...
Notice roll is at -2 and TN is 4 (this is an opposed roll).

Fail: Results in a level of fatigue from an ill timed spill or branch striking you.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Keith
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Keith »

Keith opens the box the quartermaster gave him. He looks at it for a moment, then hands it back to the quartermaster. "Do me a favor." He lights up a smoke, taking a long drag, blowing the smoke in the quartermasters direction. "Go bury this for a while, so the bugs can clean the skull. Then, if this Widowmaker guy ever comes around, tell me I won't go so easy on him next time. Sound good?" He slides him a cred stick worth 59 credits, then floats away.


Days later, on patrol.

Keith snaps back at the captain. "Ass hole? Strong words from a guy wearing daisy dukes..." He rolls his eyes.

Not being so useful in combat, Keith has silently nominated himself to be lookout.
Notice
Notice [dice:3isfdwz4]61799:0[/dice:3isfdwz4]
Wild Die [dice:3isfdwz4]61799:1[/dice:3isfdwz4]
Benny
Notice [dice:3isfdwz4]61799:2[/dice:3isfdwz4]
Wild Die [dice:3isfdwz4]61799:3[/dice:3isfdwz4]

Quarterly PTSD check
Spirit [dice:3isfdwz4]61799:4[/dice:3isfdwz4]
Wild Die [dice:3isfdwz4]61799:5[/dice:3isfdwz4]
At first he doesn't see it. He takes off his goggles and wipes them clear with his shirt. When he puts them back on, he spots it.

He reluctantly lowers himself to the ground, then scoops up the black fob.

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Forty-Two »

The race against the juicers and following pay out was great for Forty Two. Those guys where amazing fast, too bad they where not best friends. But returning to Refuge with enough money to buy replacement supplies was super cool. He could make all the cool toys his friends need with this much money.
Tylor Thomas was just coming off his shift. He threw himself onto his bed and grinned at 42... He wiped his face rubbing out some sleepy, “Oh man... 42, you would never believe the orders Silverforge is taking these days...” The young technowizard shook his head looking up at the ceiling while lying on his bed, “I hear you are leaving in short order on a patrol. Bundle up, I was talking to Gabriel this funny heroic Grackle in the mess... Supposed to rain like you would not believe for the next two weeks... They actually asked Me to go to crowly to pick up an arcane engineer, but Silverforge told them flat out no... I got things to make, orders to fill.” Tylor gets up and pulls out a clean set of clothes, “I hear Captain Lumpkiss is going with you guys. Just be careful, something happened last month. Where did Mrs. Dee go? All of a sudden he is acting like it is perfectly normal... Something fishy... Anyways, I am going to take a shower... You want to head out to the training area later on? I hear Aggy is going to be showing off some gunsmithing skills.”
Hearing all the gossip and interesting things Forty two enjoyed chatting for a while. It was amazing how much Tylor learned all the time while working in the supply station. Seemed like he heard everything. Forty Two was determined he would find a way to find out what happened to this Mrs Dee lady.

OOC Comments
Academics d10+2, -2 for Nature, -4 for Scene, +2 because you can be I will include 42's signature helping out = d10-4
Academics [dice:63rorbhu]61805:0[/dice:63rorbhu]
Wild [dice:63rorbhu]61805:1[/dice:63rorbhu]
+2 from Leading with a story about signature skill makes this a 4 pass

Benny to Reroll
Academics [dice:63rorbhu]61805:2[/dice:63rorbhu]
Wild [dice:63rorbhu]61805:3[/dice:63rorbhu]
Ace [dice:63rorbhu]61805:4[/dice:63rorbhu]

Helping explore the crags and cracks Forty Two was so excited at being able to point out all the places he had learned before. When Mr Pender started to get so upset Forty Two just went with it. The poor guy was likely sad, but he was a great best friend to have as a boss and Forty Two did not want to make him feel bad because he did not listen to Tylor Thomas like Forty Two did and know about the rain coming. All in all everything was awesome, but when they found that cool dagger Forty Two was all in a flutter. Such a cool tool, imagine what he could do with it. Why he would bet that no one would ever have something like that, he could have the coolest dagger ever!
Bennies 4, PPE: 10, ISP: 10
3 Quarterly Reset
+1 Hindrance added -2 to roll in interlude
Forty Two (Rob T)
Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

Critical Edges: Reliable, Work the Room, and Charisma allow 3 rolls to help two people!

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Aggelos »

Pre patrol, at the castle

Aggelos is just finishing sighting in her new pistols and synching them to her new optic suite when her "best friend" comes flying in eager to watch "the show". By the show she assumed he meant the weekly runs through the live fire course she would run a couple of times a week against Gabe. "No Forty-Two, you didn't miss it. We were just about to begin. This is my friend Gabe."

After introductions are made the two run the course.
Shooting vs Gabes Shooting
Shooting [dice:21gswbqm]61808:0[/dice:21gswbqm]
Wild [dice:21gswbqm]61808:1[/dice:21gswbqm]
While she does finish the run in decent time the young woman is visibly unhappy with her performance, muttering about shots missed and obsticles not well traversed.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:31 am
Captain Lumpkiss lowered his binoculars and huddled down under a tall pine Tree. He was caked in mud and his loud yellow shirt poked through his huntsmen armor. The group had been traveling the better part of two days through a thick pine forest. The good thing was the trees provided a bit more cover than the open plains and farm land that their journey had begun with. But the rain... It was never ending and just made it miserable. The Captain was pointing North and yelling over the pitter patter of rain that was splashing up from the ground at the groups faces, "Argghh... The hell! The rain is coming from the ground!!! We need to head that way if we are ever going to make it to the trading post!" The Captain looked down at his sneakers well past soaked. The water had risen up to his bony ankles, "Someone grab Jane’s hand and help her through... What are the odds that a flash flood is coming... ?"
She's listening to the garbled transmissions from a CS scout team, trying to get a fix on their position when it's suddenly caught in a flash flood. Switching it off she suddenly has a packet of papers stuck to her visor. Pealing the pages from her face Aggy looks at the date stamp. Goddess preserve my patience, this guys a bigger idiot than father said he was "No sir, we need to go this way. And up hill would be better because yes, there is a strong chance of flash floods." Fortunately the need to yell disguised most of her tone of voice.
Task roll, Survival 9
Modifiers: Scene -6, Woodman +2, Signature Skills/gear optics/notice +2. Net -2
Survival [dice:21gswbqm]61808:2[/dice:21gswbqm] Ace! [dice:21gswbqm]61808:4[/dice:21gswbqm]
Wild [dice:21gswbqm]61808:3[/dice:21gswbqm]

Climbing to a small hilltop to afford as clear a line of sight as the storm would allow, Aggy kicks on the distancing scope and thermals. The storm covers most of the heat, particularly at a distance, but she's able to catch a glimmer on the shadow of a distant ridge. "OK, I got it. Let's get moving before we have to build a fucking boat."
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Character Name
    List of Abilities
Character Name

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 4/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Ophelia Monk »

When Field Team 6 receives the mystery box, Ophelia is a bit taken aback, but recovers readily. "It has been some time since I've seen such a message--I think the last time, I actually was the one making the delivery. Psi-Ghosts are favored for such, as it means the recipient often wakes up with the missive in their bed. It makes more of an impact."

Then she looks at the others. "Is this 'Widowmaker' someone we need to address in some fashion?"

*************

When Lumpkiss knocks her aside to avoid the branch, she crouches next to him, and helps him stand. "Honestly, Captain, you would do better to simply shout a warning next time. My first instinct in times of danger is to ghost, anyway, so a shout of alarm usually leaves me fairly impervious to harm."

OOC Comments
Support to 42:
Psionics [dice:3cc2uzkc]61821:0[/dice:3cc2uzkc]
Wild Psionics [dice:3cc2uzkc]61821:1[/dice:3cc2uzkc]
Success: +1 to 42's roll--Raise!


Note: If there's an attack imminent, Ophelia will likely start down 4 ISP, as she's using Object Reading with Projection.
As they search for the proper plateau, Ophelia moves about with 42, assisting his inspection of the rocks. She is actually surprisingly able to get around, despite her age, simply by ghosting out and letting the inclement weather wash through her until they get to the rocks; whenever the energetic construct thinks he has a 'probable', she solidifies and touches the stone, reading the impressions of when it was formed, and projecting the image so he can see it. He then determines if the animals present in her projection are the right ones.

Eventually, the find the right rock, with the proper prehistoric flora and fauna present. They are just about to signal the others, when she pauses. "Wait, there is something more here." Reaching up, she knocks aside a stone, revealing a strange dagger made out of blue ethereal stone with a series of runes etched into both sides. It is stained red at the tip. She holds it up to 42 to see. "We should examine this in detail when we get the chance, but let us get inside, first."
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by LuLu »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:31 am
Briefing room 2C was a little sparse and had a retro tech white board on one wall. ... He glanced down at his folder and frowned, “Oh looks like I am coming with you... I need to meet an engineer in Crowly about some care bears...”
Frankly Lulu is worried about Captain Lumkiss’s mental health at the moment. There’s absentmindedness, but then there’s dementia or memory loss. In her medical opinion, he seems to be exhibiting some major red flags for dementia. Lulu makes a mental note to check with the head of the medical staff before they head out and to keep a close eye on Captain Lumkiss.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:31 am
Thunderstorms, skittering rain, and flash floods... There was no sunshine in sight!
Between the torrential rain and Lulu’s natural inclination to trip over every possible thing near her feet, the poor little medic spends a lot of time on this trek climbing out of mud puddles. She’s also distracted by her concern for the Captain. She makes sure she stays a few steps behind him as much as she can to help pick him up when he falls or boost his stamina when he starts to lag. She scans the whole team as often as she can to make sure none are coming down with viruses or foot rot from the constant wet and cold.

Her sealed armor and new helm are a blessing. The rain that sometimes falls sideways and upwards and stings when it hits the skin mostly doesn’t affect her. Lulu’s once shiny armor is completely caked in mud and she spends a good portion of every break trying to clean off the sensor and readout pads. Inside the suit she’s mostly damp and chaffing in places she really doesn’t want to talk about. She’s miserable and sullen and doesn’t volunteer any comments to idle chatter. Most of her talking is insisting that everyone eat warm nutritious foods and keep their feet dry.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:31 am
For a benny narrate a little radio chatter that you pick up on. Could be from a village, could be from Crowly, could even be a chance CS intercept.
In an effort to distract herself from the monotony of the walk, scan, trip, fall, get up, keep walking routine, Lulu keeps her communicator scanning for radio signals while they walk. On the third day, while hiking through the evergreens, she catches a bit of… is that singing?
*crackle crackle hiss* “I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK/I sleep all night and I work all day/I cut down trees, I skip and jump/I like to press wild flowers/I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars…” *crackle pop*

’Ohh Kay.’ She thinks to herself. ’I guess we’re not the only ones getting a little punch drunk by the weather.’

Later, while they’re avoiding CS patrols and searching through the plateaus for the one where Crowly hopefully is, LuLu is trying to stop looking at her feet. It’s hard to not worry about tripping, but she knows she needs to keep a better look out. Her upgraded helmet gives her a bit of an edge to see through the weather.

Notice Assisting Keith +4
Notice with Multi Optics Helmet: [dice:25pgxo4n]61870:0[/dice:25pgxo4n]
Wild: [dice:25pgxo4n]61870:1[/dice:25pgxo4n]

1 Raise for Keith!
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 0/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Jane stood silently in the wet weather. Cold, Wet, and Miserable. Her senses were in a fouler mood than she was. Lightning arced across the sky and Jane barely noticed.

This is the glorious life of a Legionaire. Right.

"Staring" up into the sky, she decides it would be best if she found somewhere out of the rain. The geography and terrain are all foreign to her. Hell the mission was foreign to her.

Taking to cover where she can, she begins stealthing her way along the route designated by @Aggelos.

Stealth Support to Survival 11 _
[*] Stealth (1d8) [dice:3l4xg271]62042:0[/dice:3l4xg271]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:3l4xg271]62042:1[/dice:3l4xg271]
Burn (1d6) [dice:3l4xg271]62042:2[/dice:3l4xg271]
Remaining 8
Burn Brighter +6 to Stealth
Cursed weather.

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3453
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Card Draw
Keith Benny 7 spades
Parody of how round 1 starts
Spoon Fed Edition Recap
Field Intel Briefing, must have the Field Intel Edge to have attended
The gruff commander slapped the projection screen with a long stick. He looked at the filled seats and began his overview of recent field reports, " In Southern Arkansas we have had reports of increased CS activity near Kingsdale, and Whykin. Some teams report even so far east as Merc Town. We are not 100% sure of their objective but many teams report that their increased activity coincides with the arrival of blue D-bees. Currently we are in the dark about these d-bees and where they come from. Some of our leyline walkers report the few glimpses they have gotten of them under their arcane gaze these aliens appear to be made of magic..." He flips the slide to a Mark V CS troop transport, "It seems a majority of the CS efforts are being coordinated from this mobile base.
Under the command of Brad Macdonald."
The Legionaire commander nodded his head as the room began to murmur, " Yes the one and the same. I want all captains to instruct their teams to be on the look out for these D-bees we must communicate with them and stop the CS from taking them." He paused as the sound of snoring interrupted him...

Pender Lumpkiss in the back startled awake with a sleepy grin mumbled, "Gotcha sir, Thorn head demons, Wendigos, and CS troops... Understood."
We Mostly Made It!
Who knows how long the group had been traveling but by the time they got the correct rise and began to make way to Crowly it was dark and the rain gave no sign if letting up. Ever a force for incessant inspiration Captain Lumkiss cheered the team on as they slogged through the storm up the the rise in the swamp toward Crowly. His face was drenched with rain coming in sideways as he called out to 42 and Ophelia, “Woa, what a cool looking dagger, is that blue? I could put that up in my office or I knew this undead slayer that loved daggers. Great job guys! This is the correct Ice Age formation, just look at those Paleozoic dolostones. I would recog...” He slipped sliding back down the rise a bit nearly into Aggy and Jane. Looking up at them covered in muck he goofy grinned trying to sheild his eyes against the howling wind, “Wow, you two... Looks like we made it to Crowly’s with a days worth of food left... I got to say I was a bit surprised that an Altaran... Hmm... Some say Altarans- Aiiyyeeee...” Trying to get his foot out of his mouth he stumbled against some jagged rocks twisting away from them and into Keith and Lulu. After a moment to cleared his head he emptied his emergency kit onto the middy ground pulling out a rope, “Hey guys! Whatcha looking at? The intel briefing was saying watch out for CS troops, Wendigos, and Thornhead demons... Keith, I got this rope! Hang onto it so you don’t blow away!” The captain hands the rope to Lulu with a goofy nod. After a bit more the group passed under a leyline and the captain called out pointing through the rain into the darkness, “Just over there! A bit more!”
Ophelia Object Read
Without time to really study it, a series of weird flashes bombard Ophelia as she touches the dagger.

The First: Seemed it was fairly recent given the gear of the six or so juicers gathered beneath a giant big top.
It looks like the area might house some kind of deadly obstacle course. A hooded figure held the knife dripping with blood and muttered an arcane incantation. The six or so juicers in front of him laughed at first. One of them seemed really familiar (Common Kn: The Juicer is a fairly famous one named Widow Maker). All too soon their laughter turned into shouts of pain as they started clawing at their skin... The vision faded to be replace by below.

The Second: It was weird, almost like a strange quick glimpse into something. The dagger was plunged into the stomach of someone wearing simple clothes. Above the dagger stood a well armored woman with a look of shock on her face, Aggy to be precise. As the vision ended the dagger view point panned up to look at the face of whom it had be driven into... an even more aged Ophelia herself.

Crowly might be gone but it is decked out for Deadboys, and its a party.

A half mile more past the leyline and the feild team realizes something is wrong. Over the roaring wind Captain Lumkiss called, “It should be right here!” He looked around for a moment with a rain drenched face of horror at the rain soaked rubble in front of the group, “It’s suppose to be here! Where is Crowly’s?”

Beneath the groups feet, levitated or otherwise were wooden planks, and bits of stone (even some dead boddies and parts). The rubble was had a wind weathered and rain soaked motif, complete with a slight visible scoring as if something had blasted it apart.
Kn Engineering
Enough for three buildings worth, with a raise you suspect a hidden basement given the dispersal of the rubble underneath the rubble from the middle building.
Lumpkiss no longer carrying about the rain took his helm off trying in vain to get a better look at the destroyed building. He frantically called out to Keith and Ophelia, " Keith! Ophelia, do you sense anyone!!?" He moved forward to the nearest corner and bent down into the rubble pulling pieces of drenched wood off dead bodies.

A Dead Boy Party, round 1 begins fight!

Accross the way out of some of the folliage teetering in the wind burst a bunch of Humanoid figures. It was hard to make them out in the dark but Captain Lumkiss called them, “Blue skinned D-bees,”

Whatever they were they were shouting, “Mfullimpzzzz! Mfullimpzzzz!” The language translators, tech or otherwise, had a hard time picking up what was spewing from their pale blue mouths.

The captain noted staying low against the rain and wind hanging on to a post so at not to be blown away, ”Uhh anyone else seeing this? The rain is just going around the group of d-bees, they are dry as a bone. There seems to be about eight of the blue d-bees in all, a couple that look like males, some females, and even some scrawny looking children. They look terrified!”

The D-bees called again a bit closer, “MFULLIMPZZZ, Tor Mfullimpzzzz!”

Captain lumkiss rolled in the much and debri pulling out his laser pistol, ”Something is coming, a bunch of somethings...”

An errie perhaps familiar chorus of mechanized voices droned from behind the blue d-bees as if 11 metallic robots all said the same thing at the same time, “Please desist your escape. We are friends... The coalition merely wishes to catalog you. Please prepare to be captured at your earliest inconvenience.”

Captain Lumpkiss tried to sheild the rain from his face why his eyes had an erries blue shine to them. He called it like he saw it, ” Damn, looks like uhh CS skelebots! Shoulder mounted Rocket launchers, laser rifles, and sweet Zues, integrated vibro swords. Something like 11 of them in all. Wait! Looks like about half have some kind of man catcher polarm rig and grenade launchers.”

Heavy footfalls followed the skelebots onto the rise. Lumpkiss again filled in the details with a goofy resigned grin, ” Looks like the skelebots got some handlers, about six grunts roughing it plus a spec force by the looks of the armor. Probably the guy in charge! They seem to be doing some kind of hand singnal. How can they see in weather like this?”

Red Laser dots painted the chests of the feild team with the exception of Jane, but no shots were fired. One of them called out to the Field Team through his loud speaker with slight accent, “G’day Mates. Stand Aside, Off’cal CS business, toss down your weapons w’ll give ye the once over. Don’t need anyone to go be a drongo now. All-right Stubby Coolers, get these blue Skins rounded up and ready for Macca.” The blue skinned D-bees footfalls stopped cold roughly between the feild team and the CS pursuers.

Pender Lumkiss muttered under his breath barely audible against the rain and howling wind, “Jeeze, anyone catch what those creatures were saying?” The captain paused scrunching his nose, and then his eyes went wide, ”Is that J.R. “Thunder from Down Under”Smith? He is the outside hitter for the Comanche Knights volley ball squad! Badass... Maybe he could tell us what happened to Crowley... None of you are on the CS kill lists right?” He frowned as the storm needled him good and rubbed his face realizing the entire team might be on a kill on sight list.


Keith and Lulu
Beside’s finding the black market bounty fob(secure) you have a sense three individuals have been tracking you from a distance. Any attempt to lure, or double back did not work. As you approach Crowly’s you can only can see two of them about 75” to the south.

During each of your turns you can as an action impede the custom made rifle projectile (in some fashion) or knock down Pender Lumkiss as someone off the map is trying to take him out. You have a choice to make, you see the bullet coming with just enough time to do something all heroic about it. Failure to do anything means Pender Gets Hit with it... There are two shots.
Benny Oppertunity, JR Smith
Tell a quick little factoid in character about a tall tail or some awesome defining ability that The Thunder From Down Under Possess. +1 benny if you do so.

Players go first, as the CS is tracking down these d-bees, and are on hold (they got a king of hearts). Please include an athletics roll as I will use that should the CS try to interrupt you. Trust me if you do anything to them or the d-bees they will respond in over kill kind.

I pre-populated your posts in order of card draw, please just edit your post. If you move please indicate where so I can update the map, either screen shot the pic and edit it, or quote the square.

General scene modifiers:

Stormy and dark! (Illumination and unstable)
  • Dark: Subtract -4 from rolls affected by Illumination, such as attacks, Notice rolls, the use of powers, etc. Targets aren't visible outside of 10″.
  • Unstable Platform from the heavy wayward wind: A character attempting to fire or throw a ranged weapon subtracts 2 from his total.
Stuck in the muck(difficult terrain)
  • Difficult Ground: Each inch a hero walks or runs over rough terrain such as thick forest, up or down a steep incline, slippery ice, etc., count as 2″ of her Pace. Crawling is unaffected by Difficult Ground. (Free Runner applies, see cover)
  • Slick: Running requires an athletics roll, fail is a level of fatigue from bumps and bruises.
Lots of little cover (pretty easy with 3” of movement to get to some place that has light cover, or with an action medium cover to really find something good)
  • Light Cover:( -2 )Melee and ranged attacks suffer a penalty when attempting to hit a target behind Cover, per the table below
  • -4 Medium Cover: (-4 )Melee and ranged attacks suffer a penalty when attempting to hit a target behind Cover, per the table below:
Attachments
A560A9A2-9D21-4378-978F-9CA67CC8A9F1.png
C7291D25-6B9F-4424-9F7C-55ED9BBE6541.jpeg
45BE6A88-6F9A-4349-833C-6CA44CF72010.jpeg
6322E3F5-A0EC-4D35-AB01-5411011AC9CA.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Jane: Queen of Spade

Jane heads North to z-11.

Persuassion 4 _
Disguising Voice: +1
[*] Persuassion (1d6) [dice:xdpg4kfn]62084:0[/dice:xdpg4kfn]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:xdpg4kfn]62084:1[/dice:xdpg4kfn]
Crouched down Jane does her best to throw her voice in the tone of the Thunder from Down Under.

"Bloody Hell Mates. Command dun sent me another snatch and grab near here. Seems we have some shape-shifting dingos North of us about 5 clicks. Time to split up mates. Northern units move out."

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Aggelos »

Queen of Hearts
Agility for interrupt purposes
Agility [dice:1eurhvvu]62085:0[/dice:1eurhvvu]
Wild [dice:1eurhvvu]62085:1[/dice:1eurhvvu]
Benny for reroll
Agility [dice:1eurhvvu]62085:4[/dice:1eurhvvu] Ace [dice:1eurhvvu]62085:6[/dice:1eurhvvu]
Wild [dice:1eurhvvu]62085:5[/dice:1eurhvvu]
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:32 pm
Pender Lumkiss muttered under his breath barely audible against the rain and howling wind, “Jeeze, anyone catch what those creatures were saying?” The captain paused scrunching his nose, and then his eyes went wide, ”Is that J.R. “Thunder from Down Under”Smith? He is the outside hitter for the Comanche Knights volley ball squad! Badass... Maybe he could tell us what happened to Crowley... None of you are on the CS kill lists right?”
Her helmet hides the eye roll and while her words are inoffensive the young womans tone is pointedly derisive. "Well, sir, since Lulu is the only human on the team and she uses magic, I rather think we all are." She brings up a telekinetic sheath that makes the air around her darken even more so and with a careful but determined stride she moves into the debris of the house and takes cover next to the ruins of a fireplace (U-22).
Psionics to activate armor 6. +4 toughness and -1 to be hit
Cost and mods: base 1, more armor +1, Toughness +2, Shroud +1. Total cost 5 ISP
Psionics [dice:1eurhvvu]62085:2[/dice:1eurhvvu]
Wild [dice:1eurhvvu]62085:3[/dice:1eurhvvu]
Shooting at Thunder, two hits 19AP2 and 25 AP2
Modifiers: Darkness cancelled by helmet, Range canceled by helmet, Unstable Platform cancelled by Steady Hands, called shot to head cancelled by Sharpshooter, +1 to hit from optics, +1 to hit from trademark weapon. Net +2
Right hand
Shooting [dice:1eurhvvu]62085:7[/dice:1eurhvvu]
Wild [dice:1eurhvvu]62085:8[/dice:1eurhvvu]
Damage [dice:1eurhvvu]62085:11[/dice:1eurhvvu]
Left hand
Shooting [dice:1eurhvvu]62085:9[/dice:1eurhvvu]
Wild [dice:1eurhvvu]62085:10[/dice:1eurhvvu]
Damage [dice:1eurhvvu]62085:12[/dice:1eurhvvu] [dice:1eurhvvu]62085:13[/dice:1eurhvvu] Ace [dice:1eurhvvu]62085:14[/dice:1eurhvvu]
Over her loudspeaker she addresses the troopers"Wow a fancy celebutard commander huh?"
Then she leans out of her cover and draws both of her Desert Eagles. Sighting in on the infamous CS officer, she fires a shot from each into his head. "Anyone else want to be in charge?
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Character Name
    List of Abilities
Character Name

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 4/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3453
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Tried to interrupt Aggy, failed, so this happens right after Aggy.
Jane Failed to Persuade, Aggy failed to kill, WC card spent 2 bennies, GM spent 1 benny
Spirit vs jane[dice:1p2s5cde]62271:0[/dice:1p2s5cde] wild [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:1[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Athletics to interupt: [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:2[/dice:1p2s5cde] wild [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:3[/dice:1p2s5cde] ace [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:4[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Toughness lf 16(7), becomes 14.. Soak 1 wound... [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:5[/dice:1p2s5cde] wild [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:6[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Soak 2 wounds, [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:7[/dice:1p2s5cde] wild [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:8[/dice:1p2s5cde] drop a GM benny [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:9[/dice:1p2s5cde] wild [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:10[/dice:1p2s5cde] ace [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:11[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Spirit vs Ophelia Intimidate: [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:56[/dice:1p2s5cde] wild [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:57[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Smarts vs 42 [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:58[/dice:1p2s5cde] wild [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:59[/dice:1p2s5cde] 2nd GM benny [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:60[/dice:1p2s5cde] wild [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:61[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Pender Lumpkiss called it like his blue arcane sparkling eyes saw it. He whispered, “Jane... They are not buying it. They are doing some kind of hand signal thing, how can they even see in this weather? Get back... I recognize those insignias, its-“ His words were cut off by the loud double boom from Aggy. The Legions Least Captain exclaimed nearly slipping into the mud, “You got him! No way he is going to get- Oh shit...” Pender peed a bit and whispered, “He got up...”

From across the way, as if getting shot in the head was an everyday occurance, JR “Thunder from down under” Smith wiped the muck off his face and knocked on his helm where the bullets struck. Clang... Clang.... Over his loud speaker he issued a single command, ”Let’s put the shrimp on the barbi Mates... No one trifles with Scout Team Six.”

A hail of laser fire, grenades both sleeping gass and explosive rockets awakened the stormy night as Feild Team Six found itself in a nightmare!

The skelebots drone, “Please we wish for this to end peacefully, lay down your weapons and prepare to be ID scanned...” All the will they empty full auto laser shots into the heads of the field team with deadly accuracy.

There was little Captain Lumpkiss could do other than utter a brief word of encouragement to the teams token Psi-X, “Keith... Watchout!” (+1 benny from common bond to Keith)

Even though the worst had passed a pair of metalic voices droned, “Please... We seek a peaceful resolution to this conflict... Desist your overly aggressive overtures. We just want to help you return home.” A couple of low pitched Pops sounds.

Pender called out into the darkness, “Who the hell is programming these guys? Grenades!”

42, Ophelia, Keith, and Lulu found themselves covered briefly by a smokey haze. While there was no damage anyone afore mentioned not in enviormental armor or otherwise immune to poison gasses felt the powerful need to fall asleep.

Pender had his ridiculous drenched bright red hawian t-shirt up over his mouth and yelled over the howling wind and pooring rain, “More lasers! Get down!”

Unlike the deadly Skelebots these lasers went wide over the heads of the field team.

Pender got up looking back at the team. He gave looked pretty concerned, “Ok guys... I remeber the briefing now, we need too...” Blam! Boom! Two explosions rocked the rubble. One nearly took out the blue deebes who were laying low as the fire fight ensued over their heads. The other nailed Captain Lumpkiss tossing him into what was left of the fromt door of Crowly’s. He was still moving and conscious, but rambling “Check... Keith, Lulu... We...”

Whatever might have said was cut off by Thunder’s taunting through his loud Speaker, “Hooroo little derro, try this flaming dunkin for size! G’day when you met Scout team six?” With little warning Aggy was covered in white hit plasma flames. Fortunately the rain kept her guns from melting.

Then there was just the sound of pouring rain and roaring wind.
Players please continue to post and take into account any damage below. Jane and Aggy I invite you to make another post to resolve getting shot. Keith, Pender gave you a benny through common bond.
All Players Must read! You will find your name and damage, or other effects. Please read the top note.
Please note, the below rolls only include environmental factors and their equipment bonus. To determine if you got hit or wounded please factor in your own cover (if applicable) and powers. Please note:Only Jane and Aggy had the chance to get to cover or really do anything before the CS scout team fires...

7 skelebots, Sensor Suite: +4 to Notice checks or to offset Shooting penalties; ignores Illumination penalties, detects chemicals and radiation, +1 Shooting. Ignore storm penalties (dark vision and steady hands)
  • CV-213 VLF Laser Rifle (Range 24/48/96, 4d6 Damage, RoF 3, AP 4; Heavy Pulse, tied into the bot's power supply)
Aggy (headshots), shooting 6 & 28AP4 (laser) damage, shooting 8 & 23AP4 (laser)
Skelebot 1 +1 shooting [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:12[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Skelebot 2 +1 shooting [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:13[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Damage [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:19[/dice:1p2s5cde]AP4 ace [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:50[/dice:1p2s5cde] ace [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:52[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Damage [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:20[/dice:1p2s5cde]AP4 ace [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:51[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Jane (headshots), 12 Hit and 19 AP4(laser) damage
Skelebot 3 +1 shooting [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:14[/dice:1p2s5cde] ace [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:21[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Damage [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:22[/dice:1p2s5cde]AP4 raise[dice:1p2s5cde]62271:23[/dice:1p2s5cde]
42 (headshots), 8 to hit 14AP4(laser), 8 to hit 15AP4(laser)
Skelebot 4 +1 shooting [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:15[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Damage [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:24[/dice:1p2s5cde]AP4
Damage [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:25[/dice:1p2s5cde]AP4
Keith (headshots), 8 shoot(raise) 36AP4 (laser)damage, 7 to hit 21AP4 (laser) damage, +1 benny from common bond
Skelebot 5 +1 shooting [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:16[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Damage [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:26[/dice:1p2s5cde]AP4 ace [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:32[/dice:1p2s5cde] raise [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:53[/dice:1p2s5cde] ace [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:54[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Damage [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:27[/dice:1p2s5cde]AP4 ace [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:33[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Lulu (headshots), 7 hit 18AP4 (laser) damage, 8(raise) 24AP4 (laser) damage
Skelebot 6+1 shooting [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:17[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Damage [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:28[/dice:1p2s5cde]AP4
Damage [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:29[/dice:1p2s5cde]AP4 raise [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:55[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Ophelia (headshots), 7 to hit 21AP4 (laser damage), 6 to hit 14AP4 (laser) damage, note that since they interrupted Aggy this does catch you before you can ghost)
Skelebot 7 +1 shooting [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:18[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Damage [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:30[/dice:1p2s5cde]AP4 ace [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:34[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Damage [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:31[/dice:1p2s5cde]AP4

Ophelia and 42, 7 to hit, SBT grenade (knock out gass) make a vigor roll. Fail unconscious for 2d6 hours. EBA armor provides immunity
2 Skelebots gas grenades 18/36/72 RoF 1 (Normally a MBT, but SBT due to storm), knockout vigor, fail... The victim is knocked out (Incapacitated and unconscious) for 2d6 hours (twice that with a Critical Failure).
Ophelia and 42
Shooting [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:35[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Keith and Lulu, 4 to hit, SBT grenade (knock out gass) make a vigor roll. Fail unconscious for 2d6 hours. EBA armor provides immunity
Shooting [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:36[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Skelebots with rockets, Miss Aggy hit Pender
2 skelebots with rockets,
Aggy
Shooting [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:37[/dice:1p2s5cde]

Pender
Shooting [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:38[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Damage: [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:39[/dice:1p2s5cde] AP8
Miss Jane, Aggy, and Pender
Grunts: infrared -2 illumination, -2 wind, heavy pulse: Energy weapons fired in this mode are RoF 1, use three Shots, add +1 to the Shooting roll, +3 to the damage roll, and apply the Snapfire and Mega Damage qualities. So -3...
C-12 Heavy Laser Rifle (Range 24/48/96, Damage 4d6, RoF 3, AP 3, Heavy Pulse)

Jane
Grunt [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:40[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Grunt [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:41[/dice:1p2s5cde] ace [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:46[/dice:1p2s5cde]

Aggy
Grunt [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:42[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Grunt [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:43[/dice:1p2s5cde]

Pender
Grunt [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:44[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Grunt [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:45[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Thunder, Hit square under neath Aggy with plasma grenade, 6 hit, 22AP0 MD plasma
(Moves 3” forward to some light cover and short range to hit Aggy)
Plasma Grenade from the under barrel launcher
Shooting [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:47[/dice:1p2s5cde] wild [dice:1p2s5cde]62271:48[/dice:1p2s5cde]
Damage:[dice:1p2s5cde]62271:49[/dice:1p2s5cde]
WIP... Please wait for more...
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Ophelia Monk »

Ophelia Jack of hearts
Intimidate 5

All my rolls had -1 modifiers I failed to account for, but in the end the results work out the same.

21 = 14 = 3 wounds
Soak [dice:lhp62v02]62086:4[/dice:lhp62v02]
Wild Vigor [dice:lhp62v02]62086:5[/dice:lhp62v02]
Reroll
Soak [dice:lhp62v02]62086:6[/dice:lhp62v02]
Wild Vigor [dice:lhp62v02]62086:7[/dice:lhp62v02] ACE [dice:lhp62v02]62086:8[/dice:lhp62v02]
Soak 2 Wounds, take 1 Wound


14 = 7 = 1 wound
Soak [dice:lhp62v02]62086:9[/dice:lhp62v02] ACE [dice:lhp62v02]62086:11[/dice:lhp62v02]
Wild Vigor [dice:lhp62v02]62086:10[/dice:lhp62v02]
Soak 1 Wound

Resist Gas [dice:lhp62v02]62086:12[/dice:lhp62v02]
Wild Vigor [dice:lhp62v02]62086:13[/dice:lhp62v02]

I will include rolls here if necessary--not sure what you might want for this, if anything.
Since the Ghosting is a free action with no sign she's going to do it before it's done, I'm not sure if they can really interrupt it, but I'll put that roll here, in any case:
Agility [dice:lhp62v02]62086:0[/dice:lhp62v02]
Wild Agility [dice:lhp62v02]62086:1[/dice:lhp62v02]

Ophelia is moving diagonally. Since the first bit of movement is still solid, she has to deal with the terrain penalties, and thus only moves 2" total. That puts her out of the SBT that got both herself and 42, letting her ghost relatively safely.

She's moving to X23, and drawing a weapon after Ghosting.

Intimidate [dice:lhp62v02]62086:2[/dice:lhp62v02]
Wild Intimidate [dice:lhp62v02]62086:3[/dice:lhp62v02]
-1 for Wound = 5
Ophelia, finding herself surrounded by gas, suppresses her initial instinct to ghost immediately, even as the lasers strike her, one badly. However, realizing the need for action, she pushes forward out of the cloud, and then ghosts, moving towards the area indicated by Lumpkiss, making herself as much of a target as possible. It probably won't even fool the Skelebots more than a moment, and the more intelligent rear commanders might notice that she's not slipping and sliding on the wet, broken rocks or stumbling in the rain. Still, even if it only draws the 'Bots' initial burst, she hopes that can give her companions some breathing room to act.

As she moves, she shouts, as loudly as she can, hoping to be picked up by the CS' sensors, as she draws and activates her vibro-sword. "Don't worry, everyone! Soon as I'm close enough to the commander, I can mold his mind more to our liking--he'll shoot his own troops in the back! Then he'll just kneel as I slit his throat!"
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3453
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

In the dark stormy night JR “Thunder from down Under” Smith heard and saw the mind melter come forward. He remembered his training about how dangerous those individuals with special gifts were. He radioed his men with instructions for Beta Phi protocol. With the fail safe in place he flipped on his loud speaker responding to the melter, “Fuck me dead, you best get stuffed ye wombat!”
OOC Comments
Roll vs intimidate was a 6 (above post)
Notice [dice:2538l8oi]62304:0[/dice:2538l8oi] Wild [dice:2538l8oi]62304:1[/dice:2538l8oi]
Kn battle [dice:2538l8oi]62304:2[/dice:2538l8oi] wild [dice:2538l8oi]62304:3[/dice:2538l8oi]
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Forty-Two »

42, eight of spades

As the rain of fire comes flying in Forty Two looks around, the chaotic waves of battle where enough he wanted no part of being in the middle of this. Looking over at his best friend @Keith Forty-Two shouts out to him. "Look out best friend, these guys are real bad. Maybe you can like mind control them or something!" Luckily Forty Two had lots of best friends and did not feel like he only needed to encourage one of them, so with a slight tap of magic in his voice he shouts out to @LuLu "We are in a real bad way. I think only your amazing skills as the best healer ever to heal can really help!" But as he calls out in the wind his voice is garbled and instead distracts the two of them. Leaving Keith and Lulu distracted! (-1 to psionics and faith)

The magic engrained into the little guys flares to life as the others find they are suddenly filled with inspiration! Then spiraling around the air and in a flurry of motion Forty-Two rushes into the building looking for rubble to hide behind and see what he can do to help the Blue skinned people. Once behind the safety of the rubble Forty Two incant the words written into him from his master and siezes control of the elements around him.

Then an explosion of lighting, fire, and flying stones begins pelting the Coalition Forces as they find themselves is a focused elemental fury, unrelenting and unforgiving. When concentrated out of the fury mud balls begin splashing against The Thunder From Down Under's face plate distracting him and preventing his from being able to concentrate.

Persuasion crit fail, -1 Psionic Keith, -1 Faith for Lulu, All enemies at -1 to all trait roll, Thunder From Down Under needs to roll a test versus 10 (with a -1) or be Distracted and potentially shaken
Persuasion d6+2, Multiple Action Penalty -2 = d6 with free reroll
Support Psionics Keith, Support Faith Lulu
Persuasion [dice:1j8dqkex]62087:0[/dice:1j8dqkex]
Persuasion [dice:1j8dqkex]62087:1[/dice:1j8dqkex]
Wild [dice:1j8dqkex]62087:2[/dice:1j8dqkex]


Elemental Manipulation 1 + Elemental Fury +2, + Exalted Manipulation +2, One With Elements +1, Range x3 +2, Selective +1, Hinder +1
Spellcasting d10+2, MAP -2 will be rolled after persuasion is resolved
Spell Casting [dice:1j8dqkex]62087:3[/dice:1j8dqkex]
Wild [dice:1j8dqkex]62087:4[/dice:1j8dqkex]
Benny to Reroll
Spellcasting [dice:1j8dqkex]62087:5[/dice:1j8dqkex]
Wild [dice:1j8dqkex]62087:6[/dice:1j8dqkex]
Ace [dice:1j8dqkex]62087:7[/dice:1j8dqkex]


Free Test Against Our Aussie Enemy
Spellcasting [dice:1j8dqkex]62087:8[/dice:1j8dqkex]
Wild [dice:1j8dqkex]62087:9[/dice:1j8dqkex]
Bennies 4, PPE: 10, ISP: 10
3 Quarterly Reset
+1 Hindrance added -2 to roll in interlude
Forty Two (Rob T)
Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

Critical Edges: Reliable, Work the Room, and Charisma allow 3 rolls to help two people!

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3453
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Thunder, as the storm raged on found himself and his men in a bit of a tight spot. Even the Skelebots were teetering a bit more than normal. He had been in foul weather on two different continents. This mud slinging storm was something else. He yelled forgetting the use of the radio, “Hang on men, they gots a Wristy Slagger with them! Make sure you-” His advice was cut short as the mud singled him out distracting him. ”Buggaaa!”
OOC Comments
Fail, rolls in the attack post.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Keith
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Keith »

OOC Comments
Keith, 7 of spades

Soak 1st shot
Vigor [dice:21s3tos2]62089:0[/dice:21s3tos2]
Wild Die [dice:21s3tos2]62089:1[/dice:21s3tos2]

Soak 2nd shot
Vigor [dice:21s3tos2]62089:2[/dice:21s3tos2]
Wild Die [dice:21s3tos2]62089:3[/dice:21s3tos2]

Incap roll
Vigor [dice:21s3tos2]62089:4[/dice:21s3tos2]
Ace [dice:21s3tos2]62089:6[/dice:21s3tos2]
Wild Die [dice:21s3tos2]62089:5[/dice:21s3tos2]

Injury table
[dice:21s3tos2]62089:7[/dice:21s3tos2]
Keith takes a few blasts to his sizeable head. The lasers cut right through the plasticman armor and Keith collapses to the ground.
Last edited by Keith on Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:55 am, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by LuLu »

Lulu, 6 of clubs
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:37 pm
Lulu (headshots), 7 hit 18AP4 (laser) damage, 8(raise) 24AP4 (laser) damage
Skelebot 6+1 shooting [dice:3ea1uv6r]62271:17[/dice:3ea1uv6r]
Damage [dice:3ea1uv6r]62271:28[/dice:3ea1uv6r]AP4
Damage [dice:3ea1uv6r]62271:29[/dice:3ea1uv6r]AP4 raise [dice:3ea1uv6r]62271:55[/dice:3ea1uv6r]
Soaking up the damage
Headshot#1 = 9pts above armor = 2 wounds
Benny to soak first attack (2 wounds)
Vigor = [dice:3ea1uv6r]62088:0[/dice:3ea1uv6r]
wild = [dice:3ea1uv6r]62088:1[/dice:3ea1uv6r]
ACE! [dice:3ea1uv6r]62088:4[/dice:3ea1uv6r]
Successfully soaked both wounds


Benny to soak second attack (3 wounds)
Vigor = [dice:3ea1uv6r]62088:2[/dice:3ea1uv6r]
wild = [dice:3ea1uv6r]62088:3[/dice:3ea1uv6r]
ACE! [dice:3ea1uv6r]62088:5[/dice:3ea1uv6r]
Ace again! [dice:3ea1uv6r]62088:6[/dice:3ea1uv6r]
Successfully soaked all 3 wounds

Current bennies: 3/3 powerpoints: 15/15
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:32 pm
Pender Lumkiss muttered under his breath barely audible against the rain and howling wind, “Jeeze, anyone catch what those creatures were saying?” The captain paused scrunching his nose, and then his eyes went wide, ”Is that J.R. “Thunder from Down Under”Smith? He is the outside hitter for the Comanche Knights volley ball squad! Badass... Maybe he could tell us what happened to Crowley... None of you are on the CS kill lists right?” He frowned as the storm needled him good and rubbed his face realizing the entire team might be on a kill on sight list.
"J.R. Smith??" Lulu had heard of him from the gossip in the infirmary. Evidently he'd gotten the "Thunder Down Under" nickname from the ladies of ill repute who had encountered him. Evidently he'd earned it with the truly prodigious amounts of flatulence he produced when he frequented their beds. The medical community at Refuge had a betting pool with even odd of CS Commander JR Smith having either an untreated lactose allergy or Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
OOC Comments
Current Bennies: 4/3 Powerpoints:15/15
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:32 pm
Trying to get his foot out of his mouth he stumbled against some jagged rocks twisting away from them and into Keith and Lulu. After a moment to cleared his head he emptied his emergency kit onto the middy ground pulling out a rope, “Hey guys! Whatcha looking at? The intel briefing was saying watch out for CS troops, Wendigos, and Thornhead demons... Keith, I got this rope! Hang onto it so you don’t blow away!” The captain hands the rope to Lulu with a goofy nod.
Lulu looked up at floating Keith and shrugged. She tied the rope to her pack's shoulder strap and let Keith worry about how he would tether himself to the other end. After a few hours of stumbling along this way, they'd worked out a pretty good system of Lulu avoiding low hanging branches and giving trees a wide berth. Together they'd spotted the black market bounty fob and had noticed that the group was being followed from a distance. Communicating quietly while they hiked, the two teammates had decided that there were three entities tracking them from the south, but they were so far away, there wasn't much they could do about it.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:37 pm
Pender got up looking back at the team. He gave looked pretty concerned, “Ok guys... I remeber the briefing now, we need too...” Blam! Boom! Two explosions rocked the rubble. One nearly took out the blue deebes who were laying low as the fire fight ensued over their heads. The other nailed Captain Lumpkiss tossing him into what was left of the fromt door of Crowly’s. He was still moving and conscious, but rambling “Check... Keith, Lulu... We...”

Whatever might have said was cut off by Thunder’s taunting through his loud Speaker, “Hooroo little derro, try this flaming dunkin for size! G’day when you met Scout team six?” With little warning Aggy was covered in white hit plasma flames. Fortunately the rain kept her guns from melting.
Through the haze of rain and gas smoke, Lulu can see blurry red dots on Pender's head and chest. But they aren't coming from the CS soldiers to the Northwest, they're coming from the South!! The guys who'd been following them had finally taken up a position to ambush them!

"LUMKISS! Down!!" Lulu snatches up a brick out of the rubble and throws it with all the accuracy acquired from a childhood of hunting frogs with rocks. The brick hits Pender's knee, he drops just in time for three projectiles to go wizzing past his head. As her commander goes down, Lulu turns to look for Keith, sees him lying on the ground just a few feet away, and throws herself on top of his still form. There is enough rubble between her and the CS bots that she feels covered from the Skelebots, but she's not sure if she's safe from the unknown assailants from the south.
Last edited by LuLu on Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 0/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Aggelos »

attack results
first shot misses from cover and shroud
second shot deals one wound due to energy dispersal
benny to resist Vigor [dice:36j27o5m]62311:0[/dice:36j27o5m]
Wild [dice:36j27o5m]62311:1[/dice:36j27o5m]
Grenade seals no damage due to energy dispersal
Lasers and plasma rain down on Aggys cover, the flame, steam, and smoke obscure her for a second but the whiping winds soon clear it away to reveal the young Atlantean to be singed, but unharmed by the barrage.

"That was nearly as lame as your fake ass, copied from a pre apocalypse vid accent."
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Character Name
    List of Abilities
Character Name

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 4/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Jane ace of hearts

Needs to roll for Soak of 1 Wound (Vigor)
Vigor 22 _
[*] Vigor (1d12) [dice:mert411r]62313:0[/dice:mert411r]
[*] Aced! Vigor (1d12+12) [dice:mert411r]62313:2[/dice:mert411r]

[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:mert411r]62313:1[/dice:mert411r]


Needs to roll for Shaken (Spirit)

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3453
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Welcome to the world

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Spoon Fed Edition Video Recap
Card Draw
The first round of combat between the CS scout team six and the Tomorrow Legions Feild Team six ended with a series of bangs fired from a rifle in the hands of an interested off camera bounty hunter and the brave but Goofy Captain Pender Lumkiss complaining about his arm.

Bang! Bang! Captain Lumpkiss tried to shield his face from the wind and rain with his hand. He glanced down at his knee wondering if he would be able to play on the Legion's intramural volleyball squad. Passing right next to his head as he bent was an imperceptible trail of a sonic bullet that ripped through some of Crowley's old door splintering what was left of it into peices. The captain's eyes grew wide as he saw the hole the bullet made in the remains of the door. "Lulu if you hadn't knocked me down... Thank-" His voice caught as the second bullet that @Keith had seen but failed to stop blew off his arm! "Arggghhh a fracking U-round!" He clutched his gushing stub and slumped into the mud crawling with his remaining strength to the groups doctor. He whispered to Lulu before joining @Keith for a nap,"Tell them... I don't have it... Keith has the... Ughh right idea, nap time..." His eyes closed. He was breathing shallow but alive for now.
Keith... Wake up darling, something brought you to 3 wounds, shaken and awake

Hi... Hi Keith. The sultry blonde could put up with all manner of cockery and she adored Keith for his electric personality. She stroked his chin and looked into his big d-bee eyes. I love you Keith, but its time to wake up.
As if freed from a dream Keith’s eyes opened to find Lulu on top of him. His body ached, and was blodied, but he was at least awake and still breathing. In the back of his mind was the familiar image of a blonde haired woman, with startling blue eyes, wearing a red dress.
Meanwhile the blue skinned D-bees were all on the ground crawling west ward through the rubble shouting and looking at 42, Mzzfittppzzz! Ogoro Mittzzzphittzzppp!” Their wide eyes told the story of being afraid for their very lives as well as a great deal of confusion.

Round 2

The CS grunts and JR “Thunder from down Under” Smith moved like a well oiled machine despite the raging storm surrounding them, however the muddy elemental fury was just enough to throw their aim off and they missed everything. Laser fire and a grenade go wide around Aggy and Jane.

JR Smith’s loud speaker blared cutting through the storm, “This is your last chance ye wombats. They got a fudlydudly with them, only go on my authorization. Skeles take e’m, if you survive this mates drop your weapons and we’ll cart you off to a hell hole made just for the likes of you.” Possibly under orders two grunts peel off moving slowly through the rain away from the battle.

Red laser finders found many of the members of the field team and some skelebots opened fire with their lasers on full auto all the while proclaiming in a sickly sweet metallic drone, “Worry not neighbors, we are friends and wish to return you to your plane of existence.” Their lasers lanced out striking many with deadly accuracy despite the fury of the storm. Unlike the grunts and even the sgt they were well suited to go all day and night in bad weather.

This time their laser fire was a bit less as a pair of skelebots tracked Ophelia’s movement and according to their initiated protocol held off firing until an opportune time. More skelebots switched to rockets that blew apart more of the rubble that once was Crowley revealing a heavy metal object in the center of the one time trade post. “Please there is no need to fear us.” One rocket however exploded beneath Aggy’s feet!

The last pair of skelebots outfitted with capture equipment rather than rockets and vibroswords, responded to their sgt’s command and fired their knock out gas grenades at Ophelia. One fell far short, but the other exploded right near her, and the gas seeped into her intangible body making her feel all warm and sleepy like. The pair of robots droned over the storm, “Sgt Smith asked us to test your aversion to the Agent 15 compound... Please breathe deep.”

Suddenly it was quiet, the acrid smell of lazer fire filled the air and steam rose from sizzled rain drops. Would this be the end of our heroes or did they have the will to find back? Or perhaps they would parish in the wake of what could only be described as an AUSSIE Fart. “G’day Mates, hehe.”
Notice, next to 42
All the rockets explosions revealed a hidden weapons turret and a trap door next to it. Dual linked light laser turret. Needs a repair roll to turn it on.
42 meets someone named Angis
A faint brougish voice piped up near 42 coming through a metal trap door now revealed thanks to the rockets. Oiy! Whooda oudda der? Youdda starttin’ a secconda Tolkeena ward? I godda few folks down here, one in da critical...”
His voice paused, and another more humanish yelled muffled do to the stom and sealed trap door, “Angis! What the hell is happening up there? Is that Cass or Luke? Libertas took a fucking blow to the head... Are those rockets!?”
The brougish voice yelled, barely heard through the steel trap door, “Amagghadd Claude! Get your pants untwisda....” The trap door unsealed pushing up six inches from the ground, a dwarve’s head appeared with firey damp red hair and a pair of beady eyes looking at 42. His 9 metallic fingers were clutching the rain soaked ground just beyond the trap door, “Ain’t youda a littl’ fellder, eh?”

All Players Please read, find your name and see what is going on with you. I think 42, Keith, and Ophelia are the only ones that did not get hit. Two bots are holding on Ophelia
All bad guys go on the joker, but only the grunts including thunder (per Sgt) get the +2 to hit and damage.
Please note, the below rolls only include environmental factors and their equipment bonus. To determine if you got hit or wounded please factor in your own cover (if applicable) and powers. The skelebots with their sensor suite will negate upto 4 pts of penalties like deflection or cover. The below rolls factor in 42’s elemental fury penalty. I think everyone except for Ophelia is in some kind of cover. Sadly the commander resisted the intimidate by ophelia, aced his notice and succeeded on his battle roll despite having mud flung into his face.
Aggy and Jane, grunts all miss
4 Grunts: infrared -2 illumination, -2 wind, heavy pulse: Energy weapons fired in this mode are RoF 1, use three Shots, add +1 to the Shooting roll, +3 to the damage roll, and apply the Snapfire and Mega Damage qualities. So -3...
C-12 Heavy Laser Rifle (Range 24/48/96, Damage 4d6, RoF 3, AP 3, Heavy Pulse)

Jane:
Grunt [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:0[/dice:1spjm7y0]
Grunt [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:1[/dice:1spjm7y0]

Aggy:
Grunt [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:2[/dice:1spjm7y0] ace [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:4[/dice:1spjm7y0]
Grunt [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:3[/dice:1spjm7y0]
2 grunts with larger back packs move back 3”
JR Smith misses Aggy with a plasma grenade but gets a 10 on notice and 5 on battle(rolls carried over from a previous post)
Thunder: fires once again his plasma grenade +1 with marksman and joker —1 (distracted), [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:5[/dice:1spjm7y0] wild [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:6[/dice:1spjm7y0]
Skelebots: CV-213 VLF Laser Rifle (Range 24/48/96, 4d6 Damage, RoF 3, AP 4; Heavy Pulse, tied into the bot's power supply)
Aggy, 8 hit 17AP4 laser damage, 6 hit 17AP4 laser damage, 6 hit 35AP4 damage. All hits ignore 4 pts of penalties
Aggy:
Skelebot 1 laser auto fire (ignores 4 pts of penalties), [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:7[/dice:1spjm7y0] ace [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:8[/dice:1spjm7y0]
Damage [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:20[/dice:1spjm7y0]AP4 ace [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:23[/dice:1spjm7y0]
Damage [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:21[/dice:1spjm7y0]AP4 ace [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:24[/dice:1spjm7y0]
Damage [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:22[/dice:1spjm7y0]AP4 ace [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:25[/dice:1spjm7y0] Ace [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:26[/dice:1spjm7y0] ace [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:27[/dice:1spjm7y0] ace [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:28[/dice:1spjm7y0]
Jane, 7 hit and 13AP4 laser damage, 7 hit and 17AP4 laser damage All hits ignore 4 pts of penalties
Jane:
Skelebot 2 1 laser auto fire (ignores 4 pts of penalties), [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:9[/dice:1spjm7y0]
Damage [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:29[/dice:1spjm7y0]ap4
Damage [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:30[/dice:1spjm7y0]AP4
Ophelia, 10 and 3 to interrupt if she goes tangible with full auto laser blasts, shooting rolls will be made at a later time, All hits ignore 4 pts of penalties
Skelebot 8 and 9 hold, for interrupt if Ophelia becomes tangible [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:10[/dice:1spjm7y0] ace [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:12[/dice:1spjm7y0][dice:1spjm7y0]62326:11[/dice:1spjm7y0]
Shooting laser auto fire 3d8
Shooting laser auto-fire 3d8
[OOC=Lulu 7 hit and 12AP4 laser damage, 4 to hit 10AP4 damage, All hits ignore 4 pts of penalties
skelebot 3 laser auto fire ignores 4 pts of penalties]] [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:13[/dice:1spjm7y0]
Damage [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:31[/dice:1spjm7y0]AP4
Damage [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:32[/dice:1spjm7y0]AP4
Aggy, 7 hit 17AP8 MD rocket High Explosive
Skelebot 4 rocket (ignores 4 pts of penalties) [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:14[/dice:1spjm7y0]
Damage: [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:33[/dice:1spjm7y0]ap8
Jane, Ophelia, 42 rocket misses
Jane
Skelebot 5 rocket [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:17[/dice:1spjm7y0]

42
Skelebot 6 rocket [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:18[/dice:1spjm7y0]

Ophelia
Skelebot 7 rocket [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:19[/dice:1spjm7y0]
Ophelia, one knock out gas grenade, vigor roll or knocked out for 2d6 hours
Skelebot 10 gass grenade launched ignores 4 pts of penalties [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:15[/dice:1spjm7y0]
Skelebot 11 gas grenade launched ignores 4 pts of penalties [dice:1spjm7y0]62326:16[/dice:1spjm7y0]

Ok so the badguys have gone (two skelebots are on hold) and it is the players turn. Below I set up your posts in order of card draw. If I got to make any responses for bad guys I will interject it between posts. Please review the scene modifiers. I expanded unstable platform to include gestures. Good Luck!

General scene modifiers:

Stormy and dark! (Illumination and unstable)
  • Dark: Subtract -4 from rolls affected by Illumination, such as attacks, Notice rolls, the use of powers, etc. Targets aren't visible outside of 10″.
  • Unstable Platform from the heavy wayward wind: A character attempting to fire or throw a ranged weapon subtracts 2 from his total. Please note: This penalty applies to any AB that requires gestures.
Stuck in the muck(difficult terrain)
  • Difficult Ground: Each inch a hero walks or runs over rough terrain such as thick forest, up or down a steep incline, slippery ice, etc., count as 2″ of her Pace. Crawling is unaffected by Difficult Ground. (Free Runner applies, see cover)
  • Slick: Running requires an athletics roll, fail is a level of fatigue from bumps and bruises.
Lots of little cover (pretty easy with 3” of movement to get to some place that has light cover, or with an action medium cover to really find something good)
  • Light Cover:( -2 )Melee and ranged attacks suffer a penalty when attempting to hit a target behind Cover, per the table below
  • -4 Medium Cover: (-4 )Melee and ranged attacks suffer a penalty when attempting to hit a target behind Cover, per the table below:
Attachments
EF106C41-1873-497E-A792-772E5D5BED5C.jpeg
0DD366E5-1A23-4C6C-A620-AB1F66C70D55.jpeg
0DD366E5-1A23-4C6C-A620-AB1F66C70D55.jpeg (20.01 KiB) Viewed 3301 times
D53F3650-C483-4644-BF49-D5B59DDEBE41.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Jane, ace of hearts


Laser Fire from Skelebots
First hit, Armor & Toughness absorb
Second hit, Shaken & Wound

Vigor 4, Succesful Soak, Unshaken _
Need to roll for Soak (Vigor)
[*] Vigor (1d12) [dice:2d9u898k]62321:0[/dice:2d9u898k]

[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:2d9u898k]62321:1[/dice:2d9u898k]


Needs to roll for Shaken (Spirit) if Soak fails
Notice to Hear Convo
Storm Fouled: -2
Alertness: +2

[*] Notice (1d6) [dice:2d9u898k]62321:2[/dice:2d9u898k]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:2d9u898k]62321:3[/dice:2d9u898k]
Laser fire and rockets are landing around her location. Jane hears the startled surprise of @Forty-Two when he uncovers the laser turret and then the bunker door opens. When Angis mentions @Luke and @Cassiopeia, Jane shouts out louder than anyone has a right to, "If you mean the frail blu-skinned alien scientist, I hope the Forge consumed him and all his Atlantean lackeys. He is the whole damn reason I am stuck on this miserable planet."

Slick Running, Athletics 13, Run 9" (1/3 of 27") _
[*] Athletics (1d8) [dice:2d9u898k]62321:4[/dice:2d9u898k]
[*] Aced! Athletics (1d8+8) [dice:2d9u898k]62321:6[/dice:2d9u898k]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:2d9u898k]62321:5[/dice:2d9u898k]
Run Die (1d10) [dice:2d9u898k]62321:14[/dice:2d9u898k]
Jane's radar sizes up the skelebots nearest her and she dashes in the rain between trees and monstrous size raindrops the size of grapefruits.

I really hate this planet.

Moving from Cover to R7, attacking Skelebot with Chainsword.

Fighting Skelebot (R7) 8
MAP (Running from Cover): -2
[*] Fighting (1d8) [dice:2d9u898k]62321:7[/dice:2d9u898k]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:2d9u898k]62321:8[/dice:2d9u898k]
Burn
Current Burn: 8 of 10
[*] Burn (1d6) [dice:2d9u898k]62321:9[/dice:2d9u898k]
Damage 42, AP4
Weapon Damage Bonus: +3
Burn Strength Bonus: +6
[*] Strength (1d10) [dice:2d9u898k]62321:15[/dice:2d9u898k]
[*] Aced! Strength (1d10+10) [dice:2d9u898k]62321:17[/dice:2d9u898k]
[*] (3d4) [dice:2d9u898k]62321:16[/dice:2d9u898k]
[*] Aced! (1d4+9) [dice:2d9u898k]62321:18[/dice:2d9u898k]
[*] Super Aced! (1d4+13) [dice:2d9u898k]62321:19[/dice:2d9u898k]
Burn for Strength on Damage
Current Burn: 8 of 10
[*] Burn (1d6) [dice:2d9u898k]62321:12[/dice:2d9u898k]
Miscalculated Move, Only enough for one attack, Disregard the second attack
Fighting Skelebot (Q6) 8
MAP (Having Attacked Skelebot at R7): -2
[*] Fighting (1d8) [dice:2d9u898k]62321:10[/dice:2d9u898k]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:2d9u898k]62321:11[/dice:2d9u898k]
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) [dice:2d9u898k]62321:13[/dice:2d9u898k]

End turn at V6 in cover behind a tree (Light Cover?)

User avatar
Keith
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Keith »

Keith blinks, and spits out a wad of blood. He floats a few yards away to get cover.
Last edited by Keith on Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Aggelos »

Aggy 10 Of diamonds
Soak rolls
Benny to roll
Vigor [dice:o78wcl5u]62315:0[/dice:o78wcl5u] Ace [dice:o78wcl5u]62315:2[/dice:o78wcl5u]
Wild [dice:o78wcl5u]62315:1[/dice:o78wcl5u]

Benny to roll
Vigor [dice:o78wcl5u]62315:3[/dice:o78wcl5u] Ace [dice:o78wcl5u]62315:5[/dice:o78wcl5u]
Wild [dice:o78wcl5u]62315:4[/dice:o78wcl5u]
spirit to unshake
Spirit [dice:o78wcl5u]62315:18[/dice:o78wcl5u]
Wild [dice:o78wcl5u]62315:19[/dice:o78wcl5u]
Removed by Lulu
Notice to overhear Angis
adding a penalty of -2 due to situation
Notice [dice:o78wcl5u]62315:6[/dice:o78wcl5u]
Wild [dice:o78wcl5u]62315:7[/dice:o78wcl5u]
Another salvo of missiles and lasers rain down on Aggelos and while her forcefield does hold off most of it, one laser shot does pierce the sheath and her armor, knocking the warrior to the mud. She lay there dazed until Lulu's magics clear her mind. "Fucking coalition asshats." She curses looking around at the situation. Fuck! This is getting bad, I need to stop fucking around. Lurching back to her feet with a grimace she gives her guns a quick tk wipedown to clear mud from them and channels power into the weapons.
Psionics to use Smite 8
Cost: base 2, heavy 2, AP2 2, extra target 1, Major psi +2 4. Total 11
Modifiers: wounds -2, Major Psi +2. Net 0
Psionics [dice:o78wcl5u]62315:8[/dice:o78wcl5u]
Wild [dice:o78wcl5u]62315:9[/dice:o78wcl5u] Ace [dice:o78wcl5u]62315:10[/dice:o78wcl5u]
A flickering like heat haze with sparks of red lightning begins to emanate from her pistols and she takes aim one of the bots training their weapons on Ophelia, squeezing off a shot before moving to more heavy cover and then firing at the other.
Bot blasting. 23 MD AP6 to one, 22 MD AP6 to the other
Modifiers: Most are cancelled. Wounds -2, Trademark +1, optics +1, sharpshooter +1. Net +1
Right hand Shooting [dice:o78wcl5u]62315:11[/dice:o78wcl5u]
Wild [dice:o78wcl5u]62315:12[/dice:o78wcl5u]
Damage [dice:o78wcl5u]62315:15[/dice:o78wcl5u]
Left hand Shooting [dice:o78wcl5u]62315:13[/dice:o78wcl5u]
Wild [dice:o78wcl5u]62315:14[/dice:o78wcl5u]
Damage [dice:o78wcl5u]62315:16[/dice:o78wcl5u] Ace [dice:o78wcl5u]62315:17[/dice:o78wcl5u]
Gotta keep em off our support.. fuck this is gonna hurt "Your feeble toys do not impress a daughter of Atlantis!" She yells over her loudspeaker in Atlantean hoping her peoples reputation draws the fire away from her grouped up companions.
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Character Name
    List of Abilities
Character Name

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 4/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by LuLu »

Lulu 7 of clubs
Holding action until after teammates to see who all is hurt and shaken.
Dealing with the damage & situational things
12AP4 damage deals 3 pts above armor toughness. Lulu is shaken. Spending 1 benny to remove shaken
10AP4 damage does 1 pt above armor toughness. Lulu is shaken. Spirit roll at start of turn Spirit= [dice:3vz3uyiu]62316:0[/dice:3vz3uyiu]
Lulu is no longer shaken

Spending 1 benny for a hurricane gust of wind that brings Olphelia adjacent to Lulu.

current Bennies: 2/3 PPE: 15/15
In a rain of laser fire, Lulu feels the shots ring off her butt again. "FUDGE! Gal dang it, that smarts! Why's everyone have to shoot me in the butt?" She scrambles closer to her low pile of rubble and addresses her next comment to the seemingly unconscious Keith "Does this armor make my butt look big? Like target big? No, don't answer that."

While doing a quick assessment of Pender and Keith's wounds to see who needs her spell first, a hurricane force gale hits her from southwest. Instinctively she bends to cover her patients. She turns her face to look over her shoulder and sees Ophelia become corporal, go limp and windmill down the pile of rubble to land at her feet with a splash.

A mighty wave of righteous anger rolls over Lulu. She clamps her eyes shut and calls up her power, pulling it into her hands, shaping it with a twist of her fingers and pushing it into Olphelia's still form. "Fi Vindecat si bine"

Before the tendrils of healing have completely dissipated, she spreads her hands and fingers wide, envisioning each of her teammates in her mind and calls out over the mic "Relevium" A sense of calm and resilience spreads through Aggy, Pender, Keith and Ophelia, if they are unconscious they breath just a little easier. If they are yet standing but shaken, they feel their confidence return.
Dice to make it happen!
Multi-tasking for a -2 penalty to two spells.

Healing Ophelia with spell with poison modifier PP=4
Healer Edge cancels out Multi Action
Faith(spirit) = [dice:3vz3uyiu]62316:1[/dice:3vz3uyiu]
Wild = [dice:3vz3uyiu]62316:2[/dice:3vz3uyiu]

Relief spell to Pender, Aggy, Keith and Ophelia PP=4
Faith(spirit) = [dice:3vz3uyiu]62316:3[/dice:3vz3uyiu]
Wild [dice:3vz3uyiu]62316:4[/dice:3vz3uyiu]
wild ace: [dice:3vz3uyiu]62316:5[/dice:3vz3uyiu]

Woot! Successful both times! Auto raise on the heal for two wounds, if applicable.

Current Bennies 2/3 Power Points: 7

Last edited by LuLu on Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 0/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Ophelia Monk »

Ophelia 6 of hearts
Passed out, revived, Fatigued by Backlash, Speed w/Raise for everyone but 42 & Jane
No bennies, -1 for Wound, -1 for Elderly
Resist Gas [dice:jcb69l6p]62317:0[/dice:jcb69l6p]
Wild Vigor [dice:jcb69l6p]62317:1[/dice:jcb69l6p]

Innate Action:
Expanded Awareness (1 ISP Base, +1 Modifier free used to lower Range +2 to +1, net 2 ISP for triple Range)
Detect Arcana [dice:jcb69l6p]62317:2[/dice:jcb69l6p]
Wild Psionics [dice:jcb69l6p]62317:3[/dice:jcb69l6p]
Oh, for....
Fatigue -1. Sure, why not.

Adrenal Boost (Base 2 ISP, +1 Range, +2 Quickness, +3 Add Recipients: Keith, LuLu, Aggie, +4 Major Psi to get +2 to roll: Total ISP = 13)
Speed [dice:jcb69l6p]62317:4[/dice:jcb69l6p]
Wild Psionics [dice:jcb69l6p]62317:5[/dice:jcb69l6p] ACE [dice:jcb69l6p]62317:6[/dice:jcb69l6p]
Raise: Duration 10 Rounds, no penalty for running, base Pace and Run Die are both doubled. Ignore up to 2 points of MAP.

Final Conditions:
Speed w/ Quickness
16/30 ISP remaining
0 Bennies
Ophelia doesn't so much breathe the gas in, as absorb it throughout her entire body at once. Her elderly system simply cannot cope with the dosage, and she falls over--as her body fully materializes, she makes a splash on the ground.

A few moments later, however, LuLu's skilled hands have restored her fully. "Well, thank you, my dear. Very well done. Now, let me see if I can make myself worth the effort..."

She expands her senses, trying to locate her teammates in the storm to provide them with some assistance--but suffers a massive backlash as her awareness reaches the strange D-bees, staggering her again. "Nggg... what was--"

Fighting through the massive headache she just got, she snarls to herself. "Nevermind that. Power through it." And a moment later, she does, in astounding fashion. As when they were on guard duty, all of her allies, including herself but not 42 (whom she cannot see through the rain) experience distorted time--moving faster and more easily than their foes, minds and bodies alike supercharged.
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Forty-Two »

42, 3 of diamonds
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:51 pm
42 meets someone named Angis
A faint brougish voice piped up near 42 coming through a metal trap door now revealed thanks to the rockets. "Oiy! Whooda oudda der? Youdda starttin’ a secconda Tolkeena ward? I godda few folks down here, one in da critical...”
His voice paused, and another more humanish yelled muffled do to the stom and sealed trap door, “Angis! What the hell is happening up there? Is that Cass or Luke? Libertas took a fucking blow to the head... Are those rockets!?”
The brougish voice yelled, barely heard through the steel trap door, “Amagghadd Claude! Get your pants untwisda....” The trap door unsealed pushing up six inches from the ground, a dwarve’s head appeared with firey damp red hair and a pair of beady eyes looking at 42. His 9 metallic fingers were clutching the rain soaked ground just beyond the trap door, “Ain’t youda a littl’ fellder, eh?”
Still using his powers to splash and cover the enemy in mud and obscuring debris. Then he sets to work fixing the laser. "Sorry mister Agnis, but my best friend needs this gun and I cannot do anything to keep you hidden now. I don't suppose you know how to shoot this laser gun?" Then looking over to the blue people he says. "Hey Blue people get down there and hide."

Skelbots affected by entangle
EF106C41-1873-497E-A792-772E5D5BED5C.jpeg
All bad guys -1, 6 bots entangles (-2 to escape), Tests versus Thunder as the mud starts slapping his face side to side, Failed repair
Maintain -1 to all enemy rolls

Spending 1 Benny for PPE to Cast Entangle, String (-2 to escape rolls), w/Large AOE
Spellcasting d10+2, MAP -2 = d10
Entangle [dice:1tm6wjj8]62318:0[/dice:1tm6wjj8]
Wild [dice:1tm6wjj8]62318:1[/dice:1tm6wjj8]


Free Test against Thunder, Spellcasting d10+2, Free actions do not suffer MAP
Spellcasting [dice:1tm6wjj8]62318:2[/dice:1tm6wjj8] Ace [dice:1tm6wjj8]62318:6[/dice:1tm6wjj8]
Wild [dice:1tm6wjj8]62318:3[/dice:1tm6wjj8]


Repair Laser, Repair d8+2, -2 for non magical, -2 MAP = 1d8-2
Repair [dice:1tm6wjj8]62318:4[/dice:1tm6wjj8]
Wild [dice:1tm6wjj8]62318:5[/dice:1tm6wjj8]
Last Benny to reroll
Repair [dice:1tm6wjj8]62318:7[/dice:1tm6wjj8]
Wild [dice:1tm6wjj8]62318:8[/dice:1tm6wjj8]
Then Releasing a spell Forty Two snares 6 of the skelebots in a giant magic net, and dives down to work on repairing the gun. "I really need someone other than me to shoot these guys!" Then Forty Two focuses the assault on Thunder, using the stones to knock his face side to side, slapping him constantly. "Mr. Agnis, help us please." Forty Two begs.
Bennies 4, PPE: 10, ISP: 10
3 Quarterly Reset
+1 Hindrance added -2 to roll in interlude
Forty Two (Rob T)
Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

Critical Edges: Reliable, Work the Room, and Charisma allow 3 rolls to help two people!

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3453
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Welcome to the world

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Dice rolls
Thunder vs DC 20, smarts [dice:vk6jhibo]62466:0[/dice:vk6jhibo] Wild[dice:vk6jhibo]62466:1[/dice:vk6jhibo]
Arcane die: [dice:vk6jhibo]62466:5[/dice:vk6jhibo] wild [dice:vk6jhibo]62466:6[/dice:vk6jhibo]
Grunts, 7 total. [dice:vk6jhibo]62466:2[/dice:vk6jhibo][dice:vk6jhibo]62466:3[/dice:vk6jhibo] ace [dice:vk6jhibo]62466:4[/dice:vk6jhibo]
Thunder [dice:vk6jhibo]62466:7[/dice:vk6jhibo] wild [dice:vk6jhibo]62466:8[/dice:vk6jhibo]
Status
Everyone (except Jane and 42) thanks to ophelia
  • Affected by Speed: Duration 10 Rounds, no penalty for running, base Pace and Run Die are both doubled. Ignore up to 2 points of MAP.
Pinkish/purple circled badguys are entangled by a magic net. Casting roll was an 8, but gestures suffer from the unstable platform penalty in this stormy case. If I got this wrong hit me up.
  • ENTANGLED: The victim can't move and is Distracted as long as he remains so.
  • DISTRACTED: The hero subtracts 2 from all Trait rolls until the end of his next turn.
Thunder is...
  • Distracted, shaken, and prone.
  • Ranged attacks suffer a −4 penalty to hit prone characters from a range of 3″ or greater (this does not stack with Cover) and subtract four points of damage from Area Effect attacks. If a prone defender is caught in melee, his Parry is reduced by 2 and he must subtract 2 from his Fighting rolls. Standing costs a character 2″ of movement.
Red X badguys are dead.
All badguys got a -1 to trait rolls.
Videos
Round 3 card draws
Keith and Aggy Redraws
Spoon Fed Edition video Recap
Despite the fury of the storm both controlled and uncontrolled the lowest of the legion, those in Field team six showed their colors and in the darkness many of them struck back...

As Jane met the skelebot, she couldn’t tell that its optical recorders were spinning a mile a second trying to focus in vain on the Hyperion juicer that brought its blade to bare against it. By the time its programming even thought, Engaging the juicer in melee would be appropriate. And its pole arm man catcher feebily attempted to intercept Jane’s might stroke, it found itself sliced and diced falling apart decimated by what future skelebot operators would later describe as the Hyperion Juicer Uprising. "Zzzzttt... We come in peace... Zzzzttt..."

Keith meanwhile found a warm hollowed out log he could lay inside (Medium Cover). Overhead the sounds of battle exploded and whineD. It was sort of weird in the back of his mind he could feel something watching him... A striking blonde haired woman with dazzling blue eyes.

Two skelebots along the south edge of the coalition patrol tracked Ophelia as she was wind swept next to Lulu.
When the psi gohost became tangible their programming kicked in, "Target aquired... Target aquired. Please be patient while we calculate wind sheer... Processing. Comencing..." Whatever they were going to say never was finished because they were on the receiving end of Aggy's gun shots. The two collapsed in the muck sparking, a smoking smited hole in their metallic chest each.

In the back Lulu, as she healed Keith and Ophelia spotted, or given the dark stormy conditions thought she spotted a silver tendril for the briefiest of seconds beneath Keith as he floated away. Looking again, there was nothing there. Pender’s bloody stump seemed to resist Lulu’s healing attempt. More blood gushed out, and she could see some glinting flecks of mettle in the wound. Pender moaned unconsciously.

Ophelia, right after she got just about everyone to move faster felt something emanate from the group of blue skinned D-bees. The one in front seemed to be channeling some kind of arcane energy while drawing on the other seven for ritualistic effects. Her arcane sight flared briefly as the terrified group weaved a powerful spell unable to understand 42’s good natured invitation as he was concentrating on the coalition.

A familiar loud speaker blared cutting into the horrendous gale like storm, ”Oiy! Assie, Aussie, Oiy Oiy!” Thunder’s pants became decidedly brown as the torrent of mud caked him from head to toe. His loud speaker projected a series of nearly incomprehensible curses as he slipped face first into the mud.

Near 42 Angus chuckled keeping his head below the storm, “Nottin I hadda worse dan der Coalition...” He crawled low toward the laser turret showing 42 one hand of cyber fingers, “Wedda maybe der Splugorth dan da assassins.” He had his tools in hand, literally as his other hand morphed into a wrench, welding torch, and hammer. “I got yettera coverd lidda felda.” He worked quickly on the turret and it lit up like a holiday, popping out of the ground ready to fire. Angis turned to the bunker hatch yellin over the storm, “Claude, yed bedda getta uptahere andda help out.” Angis unslung off his back a mini railgun looking for a target.

Out of the hold leaped a bare chested, by his tatoos, true atlantean with dual hand held plasma ejectors. His fatigues were impeccable as if the mud itself was afraid to touch them. The dark beret on his head did not move despite the raging wind and sideways rain. Somersaulting through the air he shot twice vaporizing a grunt and skelebots head. He landed near Angis and the turret with a dry thud crouching low. He tipped his cap to 42 after taking a moment to analyze the situation. This True Atlantean was immediately recognizable as Captain Claude of the Tomorrow Legion, in charge of the once legendary fighting unit, the 77th CIT. Perhaps making 42’s dreams come true the legendary Captain said with the gravity just shy of a blackhole, “You did well 42 hitting those knuckleheads with a magic net. Lets mop up these bots and grunts.“

The round ended with something surprising, and its effects were felt as far as Kingsdale and Merc town. From the blue skinned D-bees a burst of power not unlike a sonic boom issued forth at startling speeds. One command was not so much heard as felt for miles around killing some, saving others... The general compulsion to DROP Everything!!

While the skelebots seemed unaffected, Thunder’s pistol grenade launcher combo went skittering out of his hand sliding in the muck. A survival vibrosword followed suit as well as a pair of grenades. He swore, “Fuckin Dingo’s baby...” as he reached behind him while in the mud and tossed his comm unit into the mud. If you could see him in the dark you would even notice his armored pants were half off as he continued to fight his personal mudstorm. The Grunts, almost dropped their weapons but last minute kept their nerve gripping their rifle stocks with more fervor.

The blue skinned D-bee leading the group of scared aliens dropped to one knee nearly falling unconscious. The other’s around him murmur, “Mmphhmittz, Oro Dumdaddy”

Angis eyed Claude dropping his mini gun and flash light into the mud. His eyes went wide as his hands shook unbuckling his trousers, “Ahh... Wadda fuckin gonndin on here Claude?”

Claude’s eyes narrowed unaffected by the magic, “Its the aliens the CS has been chasing for the last few weeks...”

Ok... So Aggy, and Keith can take their turns below (just edit the post I got for you). Everyone else please post the result of your spirit -2 vs TN 7 (opposed roll, spell casting magical effect) commanded to drop everything (including keith and aggy). Feel free to react to the scene in general.
  • Inspired by Awesome: You may also give an epic voice to Captain Claude as he encourages you in a manner specific to your talents and you can receive a +1 to that skill roll on your turn(keith and Aggy can do this as well).
  • Note, only Keith and Aggy get their actual turn. The badguys go right after them. But I would love for everyone to post their spirit roll and react. So this round will be split into two parts. After everyone posts (Keith and Aggy their turn) I’ll set the initiative order for the bottom half of the round. If you can please try to post in a week.
General scene modifiers:

Stormy and dark! (Illumination and unstable)
  • Dark: Subtract -4 from rolls affected by Illumination, such as attacks, Notice rolls, the use of powers, etc. Targets aren't visible outside of 10″.
  • Unstable Platform from the heavy wayward wind: A character attempting to fire or throw a ranged weapon subtracts 2 from his total. Please note: This penalty applies to any AB that requires gestures.
Stuck in the muck(difficult terrain)
  • Difficult Ground: Each inch a hero walks or runs over rough terrain such as thick forest, up or down a steep incline, slippery ice, etc., count as 2″ of her Pace. Crawling is unaffected by Difficult Ground. (Free Runner applies, see cover)
  • Slick: Running requires an athletics roll, fail is a level of fatigue from bumps and bruises.
Lots of little cover (pretty easy with 3” of movement to get to some place that has light cover, or with an action medium cover to really find something good)
  • Light Cover:( -2 )Melee and ranged attacks suffer a penalty when attempting to hit a target behind Cover, per the table below
  • -4 Medium Cover: (-4 )Melee and ranged attacks suffer a penalty when attempting to hit a target behind Cover, per the table below:
Attachments
BD755774-C68C-455D-BBCD-FC033356409A.jpeg
596B0439-7419-44B8-8560-068BD2933616.jpeg
596B0439-7419-44B8-8560-068BD2933616.jpeg (25.18 KiB) Viewed 3062 times
84BA6272-6DE7-490B-9BA6-D37BEACD7368.jpeg
84BA6272-6DE7-490B-9BA6-D37BEACD7368.jpeg (128.36 KiB) Viewed 3062 times
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Aggelos »

Spirit
Spirit [dice:2xvzaqt1]62513:0[/dice:2xvzaqt1]
Wild [dice:2xvzaqt1]62513:1[/dice:2xvzaqt1]
Benny to reroll
Spirit [dice:2xvzaqt1]62513:2[/dice:2xvzaqt1]
Wild [dice:2xvzaqt1]62513:3[/dice:2xvzaqt1] Ace [dice:2xvzaqt1]62513:4[/dice:2xvzaqt1]
The compulsion to drop her weapons nearly takes hold but Aggelos shakes it off. She gives a poisonous look at the aliens, "What the fuck are you dip shits doing?"

Claude nods appreciatively at her resiliance, "That's a good lass, you make your ancestors proud. Lets show these Coalition pricks you don't mess with Atlanteans."

With a nod she moves up thru the storm closer to the CS group sliding in behind a fallen log (K-17) she pops a shot into the bot near her.
Shooting 8, 34 MD AP6
Modifiers: Darkness cancelled, unstable platform cancelled, MAP -2 cancelled, wounds -2, optics +1, Trademark +1, sharpshooter +1, Claude encouragement +1. Net +2
Shooting [dice:2xvzaqt1]62513:5[/dice:2xvzaqt1]
Wild [dice:2xvzaqt1]62513:6[/dice:2xvzaqt1]
Damage [dice:2xvzaqt1]62513:7[/dice:2xvzaqt1] Raise [dice:2xvzaqt1]62513:8[/dice:2xvzaqt1] Ace [dice:2xvzaqt1]62513:9[/dice:2xvzaqt1]
Damage [dice:2xvzaqt1]62513:14[/dice:2xvzaqt1] Raise [dice:2xvzaqt1]62513:15[/dice:2xvzaqt1]
The Skelebots torso explodes into shrapnel but before it's corpse can hit the ground Aggy has her guns locked in on the two fleeing troopers. "There's no running away!"
BOOM
Shooting runner 1, damage 26 MD AP6
Modifiers: Darkness cancelled, unstable platform cancelled, MAP -2 cancelled, wounds -2, optics +1, Trademark +1, sharpshooter +1, Claude encouragement +1. Net +2
Shooting [dice:2xvzaqt1]62513:10[/dice:2xvzaqt1]
Wild [dice:2xvzaqt1]62513:11[/dice:2xvzaqt1]
Damage [dice:2xvzaqt1]62513:16[/dice:2xvzaqt1] Raise [dice:2xvzaqt1]62513:17[/dice:2xvzaqt1]
"And there's no calling for help!"
BOOM!
Shooting runner 2 29 MD AP6
Modifiers: Darkness cancelled, unstable platform cancelled, MAP -2 cancelled, wounds -2, optics +1, Trademark +1, sharpshooter +1, Claude encouragement +1. Net +2
Shooting [dice:2xvzaqt1]62513:12[/dice:2xvzaqt1]
Wild [dice:2xvzaqt1]62513:13[/dice:2xvzaqt1]
Damage [dice:2xvzaqt1]62513:18[/dice:2xvzaqt1] Ace [dice:2xvzaqt1]62513:19[/dice:2xvzaqt1]
Looking at the prone form of the Thunder from Down Under, "This is where you end."
Last edited by Aggelos on Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Character Name
    List of Abilities
Character Name

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 4/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
Keith
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Keith »

Keith
King of hearts
OOC Comments
Spirit [dice:1ag7leix]62514:0[/dice:1ag7leix]
Wild Die [dice:1ag7leix]62514:1[/dice:1ag7leix]
Ace [dice:1ag7leix]62514:2[/dice:1ag7leix]
Keith shrugs off the puppet and scowls. Not knowing who is shooting at him or where they are at, he activates his electrical aura, remaining behind the log for cover.
He uses his will to activate his goggles, then activates darksight.
Spirit Roll
Spirit [dice:1ag7leix]62514:9[/dice:1ag7leix]
Wild Die [dice:1ag7leix]62514:10[/dice:1ag7leix]
Keith sees the mysterious blonde woman again and scowls. "You again. Leave me alone!"
OOC Comments
Activate
Spirit [dice:1ag7leix]62514:3[/dice:1ag7leix]
Ace [dice:1ag7leix]62514:5[/dice:1ag7leix]
Wild Die[dice:1ag7leix]62514:4[/dice:1ag7leix]

Darksight
Psionics [dice:1ag7leix]62514:6[/dice:1ag7leix]
Wild Die [dice:1ag7leix]62514:7[/dice:1ag7leix]
Ace [dice:1ag7leix]62514:8[/dice:1ag7leix]
Last edited by Keith on Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:28 am, edited 9 times in total.

User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Ophelia Monk »

OOC Comments
Resist Puppet [dice:11gltazw]62540:0[/dice:11gltazw]
Wild Spirit [dice:11gltazw]62540:1[/dice:11gltazw]
As the wave of magical energy washes over Ophelia, she can feel it sinking into her psyche. "This is not good. The skelebots will not be controlled!"

The tattooed man from the basement shouts at her, "Hey, you, the Psi-ghost! You don't have to hold onto your weapon, just your wits!" Even as her grip on the dagger begins to slip, Ophelia realizes the wisdom in the man's words, and begins to plan her next move.
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Resist Puppet 2 vs 7, Fail
Scene Modifier: -2
TN 7
[*] Spirit (1d10) [dice:1q07xvyh]62546:0[/dice:1q07xvyh]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:1q07xvyh]62546:1[/dice:1q07xvyh]
Whatever compelled her to drop her chainsword, she complied with. She did so laughing the entire time. Then to the unseen, "My hands are the killing machines, everything else but a tool to that end."

Jane is not quite certain, but she feels that Claude may have heard the comment about Atlantean Lackeys.

Claude looks her direction, "Who are you to be talking so bad about someone who has done so much good?"

"Best watch yourself, young lady. Luke defended me and my people and I will defend him and his reputation."

Jane goes to say something about Luke being a thief and there being a bounty in the Three Galaxies for him, but she holds her tongue and thinks of other things.
Last edited by 74Z3 Jane Doe on Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Forty-Two »

Resist Puppet = fail
Resist Puppet
Spirit [dice:9jpdzacj]62550:0[/dice:9jpdzacj]
Wild [dice:9jpdzacj]62550:1[/dice:9jpdzacj]
Purchased a Benny for reroll: https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=256&t=4745
Spirit [dice:9jpdzacj]62550:2[/dice:9jpdzacj]
Wild [dice:9jpdzacj]62550:3[/dice:9jpdzacj]
Well Dang
Forty Two feels the power sink into him then suddenly relaxes. Try as he might he cannot fight the need to drop everything and so he does...
Out of the hold leaped a bare chested, by his tatoos, true atlantean with dual hand held plasma ejectors. His fatigues were impeccable as if the mud itself was afraid to touch them. The dark beret on his head did not move despite the raging wind and sideways rain. Somersaulting through the air he shot twice vaporizing a grunt and skelebots head. He landed near Angis and the turret with a dry thud crouching low. He tipped his cap to 42 after taking a moment to analyze the situation. This True Atlantean was immediately recognizable as Captain Claude of the Tomorrow Legion, in charge of the once legendary fighting unit, the 77th CIT. Perhaps making 42’s dreams come true the legendary Captain said with the gravity just shy of a blackhole, “You did well 42 hitting those knuckleheads with a magic net. Lets mop up these bots and grunts.“
As Captain Claude compliments Forty Two on the work well done he feels himself swell with pride. Forty Two loves doing good work, but he really loves being recognized for doing that good work even more. "Thank you Captain Claude. You did amazing also, it is like you where born to fight these guys. You are doing great!"

The man was amazing and look at him fight he was almost as good and Aggy and Jane. With those skill Forty Two would be proud to have him as his best friend.
Bennies 4, PPE: 10, ISP: 10
3 Quarterly Reset
+1 Hindrance added -2 to roll in interlude
Forty Two (Rob T)
Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

Critical Edges: Reliable, Work the Room, and Charisma allow 3 rolls to help two people!

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by LuLu »

spirit -2 vs TN 7
Rolling in the Spirit

Spirit = [dice:15crj0uo]62621:0[/dice:15crj0uo]
Wild = [dice:15crj0uo]62621:1[/dice:15crj0uo]
Ace! [dice:15crj0uo]62621:2[/dice:15crj0uo]
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:33 pm
The round ended with something surprising, and its effects were felt as far as Kingsdale and Merc town. From the blue skinned D-bees a burst of power not unlike a sonic boom issued forth at startling speeds. One command was not so much heard as felt for miles around killing some, saving others... The general compulsion to DROP Everything!!
Lulu, having turned her attention to Captain Lumkiss, has her hands full of supplies from her med kit and her patient's bleeding stump. At the command, she feels her fingers quiver. he screams "NO!!" at her own hands. They're shaking with her rage, but she clamps them tighter, thankful her commander isn't awake to feel the bruises she's likely leaving on his thigh.

"The hero is always true to the mission. Did Jamie Band ever drop his gun just because some two-bit villain told him to? I don't think so!"[b/] Lulu mutters to herself as she focuses even more firmly on the task in front of her: Saving Pender Lumkiss from bleeding out.
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 0/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3453
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Welcome to the world

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Status
Everyone (except Jane and 42) thanks to ophelia
  • Affected by Speed: Duration 10 Rounds, no penalty for running, base Pace and Run Die are both doubled. Ignore up to 2 points of MAP.
Pinkish/purple circled badguys are entangled by a magic net. Casting roll was an 8, but gestures suffer from the unstable platform penalty in this stormy case. If I got this wrong hit me up.
  • ENTANGLED: The victim can't move and is Distracted as long as he remains so.
  • DISTRACTED: The hero subtracts 2 from all Trait rolls until the end of his next turn.
Thunder is...
  • Shaken, just standing there...
Red X badguys are dead.
All badguys got a -1 to trait rolls.
King of Diamonds
Coalition’s last stand

After two grunts making a break for it and a skelebot all get slagged JR Smith, The Australian Thunder from down under Struggled to his fee using both hands in vain to fend off the flurry of rain, wind, and mud. His armored pants were saddled aground his ankles revealing the death skull black and white boxers of a true coalition hero. He cried, “Comm’on you wombats! Bloody Hell which one of you bum nuts is gonna give me a wristie?” He just stood their no weapons, half armored, arms akimbo daring his enemy to do the worst while he gave his men half a moment to run away or call for help.

The grunt closest to Jane made a bee line north, sloshing through the mud diving behind a fallen tree (medium cover). Two grunts struggled against 42’s magic net. One sunk to his knees perhaps sobbing in his failure. The other, though, was made of sterner stuff. He wrestled free of the net and in a moment of profound bravery slid through the mud to his Sgt’s side. “I ain’t leaving you JR...” The grunt fished out the Sgts raidio from the mud yelling into it, “Soaring Fish, this is swamp patrol 3... Bring the heavies!”

Meanwhile despite the dark sky and foul weather the swampy rise the heroes found themselves on lit up with laser fire as most skelebots just stood their ground despite the numbers dwindelimg. As they fired their scanners targeted just a few of the feild team six: Jane, Aggy, and Captain Claude. Their souless drone clattered against the howling wind and splattering rain, “Please do not resist! We are friends and wish you only to leave this plane of existence.”

One skelebot broke free of the magic net and stomped steadily toward Aggy brininging its silvered coated polearm with sharp capture pincers to bare against the true atlantean. “Please... Surrender. We only wish to catalog your biology so we can better understand you.” Another capture oriented bots even stomped toward the blue skin d-bees firing an ineffective gas grenade into their midst.

Several blasts struck Captain Claude leaving his bare chest with two smoking laser holes. He grunted glaring at the skelebots and looked at the heroes each for a split second. Over team’s radio Captain Claude’s voice came through rock steady completly juxtapose to Pender’s low pain filled moans(unconscious and moaning for the letter D). ”Stay calm, remember your training. Lulu, Pender was hit with a U-round. You will need to dig out any metallic fragments before healing him. 42 you are doing great. We need more mud, knock these Skelebot’s into it. Jane, you are right, your hands are enough. Get on the skelebots backs and hit them just below their secondary data outlet. Ophelia make sure we get one of them alive. We need to know where their forward outpost is. Keith, I know you are hurt and bruised. But get out here and fry these suckers! Aggelos, just keep on doing what you are doing. Take them out two at a time and stay down. They know you are a True Atlantean.” a moment of silience and the radio crackled again, “Stay focused and stay low. Keep watching each other’s backs. You can do this.”

It was a bit startling that such a prestigious Captain knew each member of the lowest legion by half a glance through the pouring rain. Either punctuating his radioed words or perhaps revealing some other threat a large explosion of flame and fire burst through the dark gloom about a mile to the north (As if something had dropped a bomb far off target).
Keith not alone in the log
Holed up in the hollow log Keith finds his mind assaulted. An image of a blonde haired lady clad in green armor with pouty red lips tried to fill his thoughts. In this waking vision the flags of Tolkien were flying high behind this woman as she stood in front of some kind of command tent. A sweet voice called to him, Keith... My dear Keith... come to me...
Please make a spirit roll (no negatives except any from wounds or fatigue)

Jane and Aggy read the below for your name, hits, and damage
Aggy, Jane, Ophelia= +1 benny for hindrances.
Aggy vs Skelebot (ignores 1 pt of shooting penalties) 6 hit 20AP4, 9 hit 12AP4, 9 hit 11AP4
1 shoots Aggy, ignores 1 pts of shooting penalties: +1 shooting [dice:176g5bru]62641:6[/dice:176g5bru] ace [dice:176g5bru]62641:8[/dice:176g5bru]
Damage [dice:176g5bru]62641:15[/dice:176g5bru] AP4 ace [dice:176g5bru]62641:18[/dice:176g5bru]
Damage [dice:176g5bru]62641:16[/dice:176g5bru] AP4
Damage [dice:176g5bru]62641:17[/dice:176g5bru] AP4
Aggy vs Skelebot ignores 3 pts of shooting penalties (laser damage) hit 7 for 29AP4, hit 6 for 22AP4
Middle skelebot Shooting aggy, ignores 3 pts of penalties... +1 shooting, [dice:176g5bru]62641:9[/dice:176g5bru]
Damage:[dice:176g5bru]62641:19[/dice:176g5bru]AP4 ace [dice:176g5bru]62641:23[/dice:176g5bru]
Damage: [dice:176g5bru]62641:20[/dice:176g5bru]AP4 ace [dice:176g5bru]62641:24[/dice:176g5bru]
Aggy vs Capture Bot agility vs 5, or entangled, if you critfail bound and fatigued.
Capture bot break free and fighting, agility [dice:176g5bru]62641:1[/dice:176g5bru] gm benny reroll [dice:176g5bru]62641:2[/dice:176g5bru]
Move 4 paces and capture Aggy, fighting vs Agility: fighter wins the target is Entangled, or Bound with a raise. The polymer bolo is Hardness 24). Fighting [dice:176g5bru]62641:3[/dice:176g5bru] gm benny [dice:176g5bru]62641:4[/dice:176g5bru]
Jane vs skelebot, ignores 3 pts of shooting penalties (laser damage), 10 Hit for 13AP4 and 14 hit for 21AP4
Skelebots near Jane:
Skelebot 1 autofire, ignores 3 points of penalties, +1 shooting [dice:176g5bru]62641:10[/dice:176g5bru] ace [dice:176g5bru]62641:11[/dice:176g5bru]
Damage [dice:176g5bru]62641:21[/dice:176g5bru] AP4
Damage [dice:176g5bru]62641:22[/dice:176g5bru] AP4
GM Rolls
Capture bot 4” toward aliens and gasses them (ignore 3 pts of pen) +1 shooting [dice:176g5bru]62641:12[/dice:176g5bru]
Aliens: vigor [dice:176g5bru]62641:13[/dice:176g5bru] wild [dice:176g5bru]62641:14[/dice:176g5bru]
2 grunts to break out of magic net, [dice:176g5bru]62641:0[/dice:176g5bru]
1 shoots Claude, ignores 1 pts of shooting penalties: +1 shooting[dice:176g5bru]62641:5[/dice:176g5bru] ace [dice:176g5bru]62641:7[/dice:176g5bru]
Thunder= Time to stand tall.
Magic Nets, Laser Fire, a strategic retreat... Oh bombs away!

Ok folks, everyone besides Aggy and Keith can take their turn. Keith and Aggy feel free to make some RP or if damaged vigor rolls etc... I purposefully made sure you both had something to post in regards too. Keep two things in mind:
  • Any whom failed the spirit roll to drop everything, do indeed drop everything.
  • Most everyone had Captian Claude inspire them giving a +1 to one skill roll of choice on there turn.

Scene conditions:

Stormy and dark! (Illumination and unstable)
  • Dark: Subtract -4 from rolls affected by Illumination, such as attacks, Notice rolls, the use of powers, etc. Targets aren't visible outside of 10″.
  • Unstable Platform from the heavy wayward wind: A character attempting to fire or throw a ranged weapon subtracts 2 from his total. Please note: This penalty applies to any AB that requires gestures.
Stuck in the muck(difficult terrain)
  • Difficult Ground: Each inch a hero walks or runs over rough terrain such as thick forest, up or down a steep incline, slippery ice, etc., count as 2″ of her Pace. Crawling is unaffected by Difficult Ground. (Free Runner applies, see cover)
  • Slick: Running requires an athletics roll, fail is a level of fatigue from bumps and bruises.
Lots of little cover (pretty easy with 3” of movement to get to some place that has light cover, or with an action medium cover to really find something good)
  • Light Cover:( -2 )Melee and ranged attacks suffer a penalty when attempting to hit a target behind Cover, per the table below
  • -4 Medium Cover: (-4 )Melee and ranged attacks suffer a penalty when attempting to hit a target behind Cover.
Attachments
CC470E5C-B28A-4411-88D0-B4EE726EB060.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Jane
Jack of diamonds

Inspired by Awesome: +1 to a Skill Roll
Hindrance in Action: +1 Benny (4 of 3 remaining)
  • The first shot from the Skelebot crackles and sparks across Jane's armor. (absorbed)
  • The second shot catches Jane in the center of her armor. (potentially 2 Wounds)

    Soak Roll, Vigor 10, Soaked 2 wounds
    [*] Vigor (1d12) [dice:3l7464cn]62698:0[/dice:3l7464cn]
    [*] Wild (1d6) [dice:3l7464cn]62698:1[/dice:3l7464cn]
    Burn
    [*] Burn (1d6) [dice:3l7464cn]62698:2[/dice:3l7464cn]
    Staggering under any circumenstances, Jane manages stand into the blow and not lose much ground. (absorbed)
  • The third shot fizzles from the end of the Skelebot's weapon. (missed)
Slick Running, Athletics 5, Run 15" (1/2 of 30") _
Move from (V6) to (R7)
[*] Athletics (1d8) [dice:3l7464cn]62698:3[/dice:3l7464cn]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:3l7464cn]62698:4[/dice:3l7464cn]
Run Die (1d10) [dice:3l7464cn]62698:5[/dice:3l7464cn]
-2 to additional actions (SWADE 92)
Disarming 7
Called Shots (Arm): -2
MAP for Running: -2
Inspired by Awesomeness: +1
[*] Fighting (1d8) [dice:3l7464cn]62698:6[/dice:3l7464cn]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:3l7464cn]62698:7[/dice:3l7464cn]
Benny for Reroll (3 of 3 remaining)
[*] Fighting (1d8) [dice:3l7464cn]62698:8[/dice:3l7464cn]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:3l7464cn]62698:9[/dice:3l7464cn]
Burn (7 of 10)
[*] Burn (1d6) [dice:3l7464cn]62698:10[/dice:3l7464cn]
Burn Brighter: +6
Shouting into the Skelebot's audio receiver, "Didn't you here you worthless heap of slag. PUT YOUR WEAPONS DOWN!"

Return to (V6) and cover.
Last edited by 74Z3 Jane Doe on Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:54 pm, edited 15 times in total.

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Forty-Two »

42
7 of diamonds

Forty Two think as fast as he can when an idea comes to him, concentrating on stuffing Downunders mouth and speakers with as much mud as he can he then shouts out in the ausies own voice. "You tin dingo's can't you see we have a sniper shootign at us from that hill. I want everyone of you to kill that sniper!" He shouts commanding the Skelebots to eliminate the sniper as fast as possible.

Then turning the to the amazing dwarf on the laser turret he says. "You can do this, just tell me what you need and I am on it."

Then Forty two turns to look for whoever is using mind control, somewhere out there in a mind melter and the others need to know where.

Trick Bots 16, Notice 9, advanced optis sees in IR, UV and normal spectrum
Tricking the Skelebots!
Advanced speakers add +2 to persuasion to immitate.
Persuasion [dice:hjnxynf3]62699:0[/dice:hjnxynf3]
Wild Die [dice:hjnxynf3]62699:1[/dice:hjnxynf3] Ace [dice:hjnxynf3]62699:2[/dice:hjnxynf3]
Not going to risk his free roroll here
FORGOT ADD THE+1 FROM THE Inspiring Ally

Notice where is this mind melter.
Notice [dice:hjnxynf3]62699:3[/dice:hjnxynf3]
Wild [dice:hjnxynf3]62699:4[/dice:hjnxynf3]


Forgot to roll Free Test on the Cpt. This is to keep him muffled and frustrated
Spellcasting [dice:hjnxynf3]62699:5[/dice:hjnxynf3]
Wild [dice:hjnxynf3]62699:6[/dice:hjnxynf3]
Bennies 4, PPE: 10, ISP: 10
3 Quarterly Reset
+1 Hindrance added -2 to roll in interlude
Forty Two (Rob T)
Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

Critical Edges: Reliable, Work the Room, and Charisma allow 3 rolls to help two people!

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by LuLu »

Lulu
6 of Spades

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:05 am
Several blasts struck Captain Claude leaving his bare chest with two smoking laser holes. He grunted glaring at the skelebots and looked at the heroes each for a split second. Over team’s radio Captain Claude’s voice came through rock steady completely juxtapose to Pender’s low pain filled moans(unconscious and moaning for the letter D). ”Stay calm, remember your training. Lulu, Pender was hit with a U-round. You will need to dig out any metallic fragments before healing him. ”
Lulu twisted hard on the knot of a tourniquet around Pender’s upper arm and shoved his torso down in the mud so he was laying half on his back. She threw his legs up on a nearby block to try and keep what was left of his blood flowing to his heart and brain. She glanced around and saw chunk of corrugated metal roofing laying flat between them and the CS soldiers. She crawled a couple feet until she could grab the edge and tug it up out of the mud. She only needed to prop it up high enough that it would disguise her and Pender from anyone who got pass Aggy up higher in the ruins.

She didn’t spend long fussing with it, just flipped it up and dove back to her commander. Working quickly, she rinsed the wound and began plucking out pieces of shrapnel as fast as she could. The arm really looked like a chunk of ground meat when she stopped. She couldn’t see anymore, but she also wasn’t sure she could attempt another heal so fast. It might just slide right off him if there was still too much debris in the wound.

'It'll have to do. Here goes nothing.' Lulu thought to herself. In the bare shelter of the debris and a roofing panel, the gale-force winds still swirled around her. She closed her eyes, drawing her bloodied gauntlets together and drawing power between them before finally releasing it into Commander Lumkiss's arm. "Fi Vindecat!"
Hocus Pocus
Spending 1 Benny for better cover for Lulu and Pender

Healer check to remove metal fragments
Healer edge +2, Captain Claude Inspiration +1
Healing = [dice:2z07n7rc]62700:0[/dice:2z07n7rc]
Wild = [dice:2z07n7rc]62700:1[/dice:2z07n7rc]

Second action: Heal spell on Pender for 3 PP
Healer edge +2, Wind -2
Faith(Spirit) = [dice:2z07n7rc]62700:2[/dice:2z07n7rc]
Wild = [dice:2z07n7rc]62700:3[/dice:2z07n7rc]

Current Bennies: 1/3, current Power points: 4/15
Last edited by LuLu on Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 0/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Ophelia Monk »

Ophelia
2 of hearts
Stealth 8, Presence Sense 24", move to V13
Status:
+1 Benny from Hindrances
Starting Conditions:
Speed w/ Quickness (Round 3 of 10)
16/30 ISP remaining
1 Benny

Free Action: Run [dice:dfgv8me2]62701:0[/dice:dfgv8me2]
Run +1 due to Elderly. Total Movement this round = 12" before terrain

Innate Action: Ghost
Move to V13 (on the boardwalk, just north of the rightmost blueskin dude), sinking into ground as she goes)

First Normal Action: Stealth by going as deep into the ground as possible and hope rain/random objects provide enough cover to get away with it.
Stealth [dice:dfgv8me2]62701:3[/dice:dfgv8me2]
Wild Stealth [dice:dfgv8me2]62701:4[/dice:dfgv8me2]

Second normal action: Expanded Awareness (2 ISP base, +2 for x3 Range, +0 for Presence Sense, -2 Limitations, +2 for +1 Psionics = 3 ISP)
Detect Arcana [dice:dfgv8me2]62701:1[/dice:dfgv8me2]
Wild Psionics [dice:dfgv8me2]62701:2[/dice:dfgv8me2]
Success! Presence Sense out to 24"


Ophelia, despite her pain and fatigue and, let's be honest, fear, raises a brow at the radio instruction to take one of the CS grunts alive. "Well, nothing like a little challenge to rouse an old woman's bones...." She Ghosts again, this time a bit more cautiously--she runs through the mob of blue-skinned D-bees (making sure to cut around the gas cloud in their midst by hedging along the easternmost edge of the group), but by the time she gets to them, she has already sunk down about halfway into the mud; and by the time she is fully past them, she has sunk down as far as she can go. Having now been braced for the effect of the D-bee's auras, she again reaches out with her mind, attempting to locate her targets; with ease, this time, she isolates all the remaining soldier-boys out in the storm.
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Aggelos »

Soak rolls
9 EP spent on bennies
Benny to remove shaken

Benny to soak 2 wounds
Vigor [dice:3p717d4q]62702:0[/dice:3p717d4q]
Wild [dice:3p717d4q]62702:1[/dice:3p717d4q]
B to reroll
Vigor [dice:3p717d4q]62702:2[/dice:3p717d4q]
Wild [dice:3p717d4q]62702:3[/dice:3p717d4q]
B to reroll
Vigor [dice:3p717d4q]62702:4[/dice:3p717d4q]
Wild [dice:3p717d4q]62702:5[/dice:3p717d4q]
Benny to remove shaken

Benny to soak one wound
Vigor [dice:3p717d4q]62702:6[/dice:3p717d4q]
Wild [dice:3p717d4q]62702:7[/dice:3p717d4q]
B to reroll
Vigor [dice:3p717d4q]62702:8[/dice:3p717d4q]
Wild [dice:3p717d4q]62702:9[/dice:3p717d4q]
B to reroll
Vigor [dice:3p717d4q]62702:10[/dice:3p717d4q]
Wild [dice:3p717d4q]62702:11[/dice:3p717d4q]
B to reroll
Vigor [dice:3p717d4q]62702:12[/dice:3p717d4q]
Wild [dice:3p717d4q]62702:13[/dice:3p717d4q]
B to reroll
Vigor [dice:3p717d4q]62702:14[/dice:3p717d4q]
Wild [dice:3p717d4q]62702:15[/dice:3p717d4q] Ace [dice:3p717d4q]62702:16[/dice:3p717d4q]
Mud wrestling with robots
Agility [dice:3p717d4q]62702:17[/dice:3p717d4q]
Wild [dice:3p717d4q]62702:18[/dice:3p717d4q]
reroll from acrobat
Agility [dice:3p717d4q]62702:19[/dice:3p717d4q]
Wild [dice:3p717d4q]62702:20[/dice:3p717d4q]
Laser fire rains down on the psi-slinger once more, mostly getting absorbed by her sheath but once again it can only take so much and a blast does pierce it. Searing her left shoulder, smoke rises and the smell of her own burnt flesh assails her nostrils. This would be even more embarassing than dieing to juicer chumps, Get your shit together Angel! she chides herself. Swaying for a second before steadying she then sees a capture bot lurch towards her thru the muck. She tries to roll under its mancatcher but lands poorly on her fresh wounds and doesn't stick the landing, ending up entangled by the homicidal machine.
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Character Name
    List of Abilities
Character Name

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 4/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3453
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Welcome to the world

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Spoon Fed Edition Video Recap
Card draw
Status’ please read

Status
Everyone (except Jane and 42) thanks to ophelia
  • Affected by Speed: Duration 10 Rounds, no penalty for running, base Pace and Run Die are both doubled. Ignore up to 2 points of MAP.
Pinkish/purple circled badguys are entangled by a magic net. Casting roll was an 8, but gestures suffer from the unstable platform penalty in this stormy case. If I got this wrong hit me up.
  • ENTANGLED: The victim can't move and is Distracted as long as he remains so.
  • DISTRACTED: The hero subtracts 2 from all Trait rolls until the end of his next turn.
Thunder is...
  • Shaken, just standing there...
Red X badguys are dead.
All badguys got a -1 to trait rolls.
Scene Conditions, please read
Scene conditions:

Stormy and dark! (Illumination and unstable)
  • Dark: Subtract -4 from rolls affected by Illumination, such as attacks, Notice rolls, the use of powers, etc. Targets aren't visible outside of 10″.
  • Unstable Platform from the heavy wayward wind: A character attempting to fire or throw a ranged weapon subtracts 2 from his total. Please note: This penalty applies to any AB that requires gestures.
Stuck in the muck(difficult terrain)
  • Difficult Ground: Each inch a hero walks or runs over rough terrain such as thick forest, up or down a steep incline, slippery ice, etc., count as 2″ of her Pace. Crawling is unaffected by Difficult Ground. (Free Runner applies, see cover)
  • Slick: Running requires an athletics roll, fail is a level of fatigue from bumps and bruises.
Lots of little cover (pretty easy with 3” of movement to get to some place that has light cover, or with an action medium cover to really find something good)
  • Light Cover:( -2 )Melee and ranged attacks suffer a penalty when attempting to hit a target behind Cover, per the table below
  • -4 Medium Cover: (-4 )Melee and ranged attacks suffer a penalty when attempting to hit a target behind Cover.
Lightning and thunder break the darkness rapidly as if the team found itself at some horribly designed disco party. The errie voices of the skelebots cut through the thunder as the metal robots display some kind of synchronized movement reminiscent of a deadly ballet.

One step forward, “We will not be disarmed.”

Two steps to the right, “All but 1121 will continue to fight.”

Spin and flash their vibro blades spinning around, lightning flashes as the robots hop up and down. “ A tree crashed in the night, covering the doctor against our might. Your psi-x alien searching for trouble in a log. We are not deterred in this anti climatic bog.”

The bots shift and side step not noticing to say that Ophelia had moved a great distance into the fray.

The one with Aggy in its pincers caught, raised its prize sought. Its head swiveled momentarily to the South. It jerred an impassive soliloquy from its mouth, “ Look down... Look down... Look down at the ground.” Across the soloist’s waist like a mute sun was a laser etched designation of 1121.

Two steps back, a laser blast missed the bot that held Aggy flat. One step to the right, and a particle beam shot by Claude caught a capture bot heading for the blue d-bees squarely in the chest taking it out of the fight. The bots still up finished their deadly scene, “Prepare for death we are not mean.”

Over the teams radio Captain Claude’s even voice cut through the storm’s interference, “The bots are running new software for sure. Stay calm... Look at that ass hat JR Smith standing in the rain without his pants on... Keep it up 42 he is nearly covered in mud. He probably can’t even see straight. Now is the time, take it to them field team six!” The team felt an energy fill them renewing their efforts to resist the command to drop everything. As field team six stepped up to take control of the stormy battle a large explosion ripped through the dark sky from about half a mile away.
42 Notice
As the lightning flashes you catch sight of a jet in the sky dropping something. Also as the blue skinned d-bees move away you see one of them disappear as if his life force was drained away.
Lulu Healing
Your attempts to remove the mettalic shards that you can see are successful. But even so the healing magic applied to Pender has less of an effect than you would have liked indicating there may be some microscopic shards that need to be removed. Good thing is he is no longer bleeding, but his arm is now a stump.
Ophelia Presence sense
You caN sense the remaining grunts and thunder. One grunt is running away to the north, one is near thunder calling for help, and the last is still caught in the magic net. You have never been able to detect skelebots... But... The one that Claude blew to pieces you, for a brief moment, sensed it!
Notice-4, hearing
sound of a jet engine approaching far over ahead can be made out over the pouring rain and howling wind
Anyone affected by the command to drop everything
You can make a spirit roll TN 4 to resist the command this round, on a raise you break the control completely. TN 4
GM notes and rolls
[*]Jane finds out the hard way that skelebots are super strong as her attempt to disarm
Jane Disarm: note you need to actually shake or wound to disarm. Str [dice:22kc6rl0]62867:0[/dice:22kc6rl0]
  • FIGHTING AS jane moves away: [dice:22kc6rl0]62867:7[/dice:22kc6rl0] crit fail: [dice:22kc6rl0]62867:8[/dice:22kc6rl0]miss...
42 Persuasion: spirit [dice:22kc6rl0]62867:1[/dice:22kc6rl0] wild [dice:22kc6rl0]62867:5[/dice:22kc6rl0] ace [dice:22kc6rl0]62867:6[/dice:22kc6rl0]vs 10. One skelebot seems momentarily distracted lookimg to where 42 indicated.
42 does not see a mind melter but does see two things, a fast moving plane moving through the storm coming in from the north dropping something. Also notices the d-bees moving away and one of them simply vanishes out of sight as if its life force faded completly.
Lulu stops the bleeding but again the healing goes awry leaving a stump. Whatever the u rounds were there must be microscopic fragments she is unable to remove without proper facilities.
Opehlia can sense a couple grunts running away, one staying near Thunder calling for help, she cannot sense the skelebots (as a note she has never been able to sense them as they are not arcane in any way).
Aggy is bound
Angis light dual linked lasers, [dice:22kc6rl0]62867:2[/dice:22kc6rl0]
Claude, action 1 lets all folks affected by puppet reroll, action two shooting the capture bot: [dice:22kc6rl0]62867:3[/dice:22kc6rl0] wild [dice:22kc6rl0]62867:4[/dice:22kc6rl0]
Half a mile to the north another large explosion erupts. Several members of the FT6 can even feel the heat wave wash over them. Notice-4: sound of a jet engine approaching far over ahead can be made out over the pouring rain and howling wind.

GM direction: ok players are up. Please check the status occ for the effects of speed and entangled. Also the scene modifiers at the top of the post contain relevant environmental modifiers. Please edit your below post.
Disclaimer: skelebots did not actually move any real movement as it was bot their turn.
Attachments
F9262B23-0D80-475B-9C17-892D7AD71357.jpeg
EB46DC64-229D-4A6D-B93B-44C89A5806B3.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Aggelos »

"Goddess, I didn't think these things could get more annoying!"
In the grip of a now singing and dancing skelebot, Aggy twists around in it's grasp to try and bring her pistols to bear on it.
Shooting captor 2 miss, second shot 7 hit 38 MD AP6
Modifiers: Wounds -3, entangled -2, trademark +1, Optics +1, sharpshooter +1. Net -2
1st shot Shooting [dice:q9bu7kv3]62860:0[/dice:q9bu7kv3]
Wild [dice:q9bu7kv3]62860:1[/dice:q9bu7kv3]

2nd Shot [dice:q9bu7kv3]62860:2[/dice:q9bu7kv3] Ace [dice:q9bu7kv3]62860:4[/dice:q9bu7kv3]
Wild [dice:q9bu7kv3]62860:3[/dice:q9bu7kv3]
Damage [dice:q9bu7kv3]62860:5[/dice:q9bu7kv3] Ace [dice:q9bu7kv3]62860:6[/dice:q9bu7kv3] Ace! [dice:q9bu7kv3]62860:7[/dice:q9bu7kv3]
The bot twists her around in a twirl sending her first shot into the mud, but the maneuver ends leaving her lifted above the footloose automaton so she places the barrel of her gun atop its head and sends a telekinetically enhanced bullet ripping down thru its torso. Superhero landing in the muck with a splat and with the man catchers arms still wrapped around her she flicks muck from the gun in her right hand and bares down on the grunt calling for help
shooting the grunt
Modifiers: Wounds -3, entangled -2, trademark +1, Optics +1, sharpshooter +1. Net -2
3rd Shot [dice:q9bu7kv3]62860:8[/dice:q9bu7kv3]
Wild [dice:q9bu7kv3]62860:9[/dice:q9bu7kv3]
But the robots remains pull her aim off and the shot goes wide. "Fuck! Somebody shut him up please!"
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Character Name
    List of Abilities
Character Name

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 4/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by LuLu »

Lulu
King of Diamonds

------------------
Forty-Two wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:47 am
@Forty-Two looks at the approaching war machine and immediately shouts out to the team over both his magical loud speaker and his radio. "Incoming bomber, we need to dive in the bunker, or flee! But watch out for the lovers, their still all naked and you don't want that on you!"
Lulu looks at Pender half in her lap. He's pale, but he's breathing and is no longer bleeding. That's the best she can do at the moment. She's just starting to peek out of her shelter to see if any of her other teammates are injured when she hears 42's announcement.

"Fudge! Gosh Darn... Pick... les!" Lulu struggles to her feet in the mud, swiping any equipment back into her bag and pushing the roofing panel up with her back as she does. She takes a good look over her shoulder and aims her back at the bunker door.

"Okay Boss. Let's do get this show on the road." Bending her knees and trying to remember how to lift with her legs, Lulu grabs Pender under his armpits and pulls. Their chunk of roofing panel cover falls to the side as she starts walking backwards. The mud lets his lower half slide easily over the infrequent open spaces, but his sopping wet clothing catches on any little branch or debris. She struggles to pull him up the pile of rubble toward the bunker and Claude.

Lulu leads the way up the pile with her butt in the air, dragging her commander. "If I get shot...*grunt* in the butt...Ufta! ... again. I'm going to... OH Come ON! ... kick you in yours!" Going uphill and bending over in gale force winds isn't a good situation. Lulu can feel the blood rushing to her head and prays she can get to the level top of the rubble pile before she tilts over into Pender's lap.

Movement
Quickness doubles Lulu's pace to 12. Encumbered is -2. Rough terrain is 1/2 movement, bringing final pace to 5.
Standing is one action, so she only makes it 5" closer to the bunker and has now lost cover. Insert 'butt in the air!' comments here.
Last edited by LuLu on Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 0/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Jane
Jack of hearts

Spirit vs Puppet, Spirit 7 _
TN 4

[*] Spirit (1d10) [dice:y599smdq]62862:0[/dice:y599smdq]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:y599smdq]62862:1[/dice:y599smdq]
She does not have anything else to drop. The command did not say to remocve all weapons from her person, just to not hold onto them. Jane looks down at the ground where her JA-9 Laser Rifle is laid up against the tree with a piece of bark over the muzzle. She longs to hold the rifle but decides to take a different approach to shooting for now.

Slick Running, Athletics 4, Run 11" (1/2 of 22") _
Move from (V6) to (R7)

Pace: 20

[*] Athletics (1d8) [dice:y599smdq]62862:2[/dice:y599smdq]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:y599smdq]62862:3[/dice:y599smdq]
Run Die (1d10) [dice:y599smdq]62862:4[/dice:y599smdq]

-2 to additional actions (SWADE 92)
Tackling/Grappling, Opposed Athletics vs 7 _
MAP for Running: -2

[*] Athletics (1d8) [dice:y599smdq]62862:5[/dice:y599smdq]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:y599smdq]62862:6[/dice:y599smdq]

Benny to Reroll

[*] Athletics (1d8) [dice:y599smdq]62862:8[/dice:y599smdq]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:y599smdq]62862:9[/dice:y599smdq]

Burn (7 of 10)
[*] Burn (1d6) [dice:y599smdq]62862:7[/dice:y599smdq]
Notice 0 _
Scene Modifier: -4
Storm Fouled Senses: -2
Clueless: -1

Alertness: +2

[*] Notice (1d6) [dice:y599smdq]62862:10[/dice:y599smdq]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:y599smdq]62862:11[/dice:y599smdq]
Last edited by 74Z3 Jane Doe on Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:14 pm, edited 12 times in total.

User avatar
Keith
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Keith »

Keith peeks out of his hidey hole and with his enchanted goggles, spots two of the more sturdy looking opponents, Amplified by Ophelia's quickness, he rips off two lightning bolts, one at Thunder, the other at the armed bot.
22 damage bolt at Thunder 28 damage bolt at Not Disarmed
Fires a 4d6 Bolt at Thunder (2 i.s.p. for bolt, 1 for range)

Psionics [dice:1uab586v]62863:0[/dice:1uab586v]
Wild Die [dice:1uab586v]62863:1[/dice:1uab586v]
Damage [dice:1uab586v]62863:5[/dice:1uab586v]
Ace [dice:1uab586v]62863:7[/dice:1uab586v]
Fires a 4d6 Bolt at one marked "Not disarmed"

Psionics [dice:1uab586v]62863:2[/dice:1uab586v]
Wild Die [dice:1uab586v]62863:3[/dice:1uab586v]
Ace [dice:1uab586v]62863:4[/dice:1uab586v]

Damage [dice:1uab586v]62863:6[/dice:1uab586v]
2 Aces [dice:1uab586v]62863:8[/dice:1uab586v] [dice:1uab586v]62863:9[/dice:1uab586v]
Last edited by Keith on Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Forty-Two »

42
9 of clubs
Notice 11, after penalty = Raise
Notice d6+4, Penalty -4 = d6
Notice [dice:1o0omnny]62864:0[/dice:1o0omnny]
Wild [dice:1o0omnny]62864:1[/dice:1o0omnny]
Ace [dice:1o0omnny]62864:2[/dice:1o0omnny]
Puppet break free 5
Spirit d8, no modifiers
Spirit [dice:1o0omnny]62864:3[/dice:1o0omnny]
Wild [dice:1o0omnny]62864:4[/dice:1o0omnny]
@Forty-Two looks at the approaching war machine and immediately shouts out to the team over both his magical loud speaker and his radio. "Incoming bomber, we need to dive in the bunker, or flee! But watch out for the lovers, their still all naked and you don't want that on you!"

Once he has the message out @Forty-Two sets his mind to the task at hand, continuing the onslaught of flying debris be begins to worry the Thunder From Down-under will figure a way around the mud trap he is in and switches up to scouring electromagnetic disruptive fields. The concentrating on @Ophelia Monk he says, "Come on Ophelia, we need you here! Your the only one able to save us all! Your the best mind mage, and my favorite warrior ever"

Test 7 versus Downunder, Support +2 Psionics, and +1 Fighting for Ophelia
Free test on Thunder
Spellcasting [dice:1o0omnny]62864:5[/dice:1o0omnny]
Wild [dice:1o0omnny]62864:6[/dice:1o0omnny]

Support on @Ophelia Monk Psionics & Fighting
Persuasion [dice:1o0omnny]62864:7[/dice:1o0omnny]
Persuasion [dice:1o0omnny]62864:8[/dice:1o0omnny]
Wild [dice:1o0omnny]62864:9[/dice:1o0omnny]
Ace [dice:1o0omnny]62864:10[/dice:1o0omnny]
Bennies 4, PPE: 10, ISP: 10
3 Quarterly Reset
+1 Hindrance added -2 to roll in interlude
Forty Two (Rob T)
Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

Critical Edges: Reliable, Work the Room, and Charisma allow 3 rolls to help two people!

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3453
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Eight of Hearts! Anyone posting after please include athletic rolls as the Skelebots will attempt to interrupt. Athelitcs for the bots(3 of them): [dice:249ay538]63023:11[/dice:249ay538] wild [dice:249ay538]63023:12[/dice:249ay538]
GM rolls...
Thunder takes a wound
:D Thunder soak, last benny: [dice:249ay538]63023:0[/dice:249ay538] wild [dice:249ay538]63023:1[/dice:249ay538]
Reroll GM benny [dice:249ay538]63023:2[/dice:249ay538] wild [dice:249ay538]63023:3[/dice:249ay538], reroll [dice:249ay538]63023:4[/dice:249ay538] wild [dice:249ay538]63023:5[/dice:249ay538], Last GM benny... [dice:249ay538]63023:6[/dice:249ay538] wild [dice:249ay538]63023:7[/dice:249ay538]
Thunder Test... has strong willed [dice:249ay538]63023:8[/dice:249ay538] Wild [dice:249ay538]63023:9[/dice:249ay538]

Skelebot vs Jane: [dice:249ay538]63023:10[/dice:249ay538]
The undisarmed skelebot’s metal frame glistened in the lightning as it crackled over head. While its servios and steady heavy metal frame have helped it in the storm so far its programming fails once again to cope with the speed of a hyperion juicer. By the time it even said, “Slow... Please stop...” It was on the ground ready to be electrified by Keith’s timely zap! As its circuits overloaded with ill suited electrical current perhaps it felt Jane was its long lost mother. Jerking up one arm in its final smoking gasp it detatched its vibro sword from its forearm placing it into the juicers hands. “Creator...”

Aggy found herself in the mud a smoking capture skelebot next to her. As the storm raged around her she caught a glimpse of what had caught the skelebots attention in the hills far to the south. In between lightning flashes she could just make out a pair of shadows darting in between hills (70” to the south off the map).

JR, Thunder from Down Under, Smith found himself in a bad spot. Pants down around his ankles, caught in a storm of the century, over half his forces dead or running away, caked in mud up to his waist. His loud speaker bespoke his heroic defiance in the face of such overwhelming odds, “Have a go, you mug! What’s the John Dory!?” Perhaps more would have come forth but a blast from keith not only harden the mud around him like baking clay in a kiln but from Thunder’s cry it singed his unprotected neither parts! ”SPARROWS FART!”

The grunt right near him turned but kept low in the mud yelling frantically into the radio! “We are fucked! They got us pinned down! Monsters! Fucking monsters like the kind my mom used to tell me about! Drop it all!!” The remaining Skelebots held for a moment braking their synchronized movements scanning for targets (holding)
Forward Command post, miles away

A golden haired commander slapped a skelebot control operator. He was looking at a pair of monitors that showed what the skelebots were seeing. The bots were dancing and somehow singing...”Pick up that contoler sargent! Get those bots back on task! Aquire targets and get Smith’s men out of there before we blow it to kingdom come!”

The sargent pushed his horned rim glasses up his nose and tried to reach for the control pad on the floor. Something was preventing him from picking it back up, “Sir! I... I... Can’t. Shit... The pad is playing... I had some free time last week and wrote a program as a joke... Fuck... Sorry commander Macdonald.”

The commander pulled out his side arm and glanced at the two other soldiers in the APC pulling down there trousers. He muttered, “What the fuck...” He pressed the pistol agaimst the sargents’ temple, “Pick up the controler and get the Skelebots back on task.

The Sgt tried to reach down... His hands shook unable to pick the control pad up, “Sir... Oh god... Ronald-“ Bang!

The Sgts body slumped against his chair a few packs of the TL trading cards slide out of his pants pockets onto the ground. The commander, Ronald Macdonald, shoved the body out of the way picking up the bloody tablet. He tapped a few commands on it and picked up the radio receiver answering a grunts frantic call, “Rodger that... Soldier, the Emporer thanks you for your service. Heavy is inbound...” He frowned as one of the skelebots saw the blue skinned d-bees and they came into focus on the view screen.

To the two soldiers with their pants arround their ankles he commanded “Get this body out of here and then nail your pants to your asses if you have too!” He did not have time for the weak minded. The portly commander muttered focusing on the control pad and reassigning the skelebots, “I need a fucking hamburger...”
Captain Claude and Angis acknowledge 42’s frantic call to get into the bunker. Claude comms the team over the radio, ”42 called it time to get underground. If you can’t pick up what you dropped don’t worry about it. Don’t forget those blue skinned D-bees!”
Attachments
812042F1-7146-4B3A-BB7F-A3BE0C1BCFAD.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Ophelia Monk »

Ophelia
8 of diamonds
Interrupt Defense 5, Mind Control 9 vs. all 3 active CS guys
+1 Benny from Hindrances
Starting Conditions:
Speed w/ Quickness (Round 4 of 10)
13/30 ISP remaining
1 Benny


Athletics [dice:1tuygh8q]62865:0[/dice:1tuygh8q]
Wild Athletics [dice:1tuygh8q]62865:1[/dice:1tuygh8q]

Move to Cover

De-Ghost (Innate Action)

Spending Benny for 5 ISP = 18 ISP remaining
Puppet (Base 3, 2 Additional Targets +4, Double Range +1, Mind Control +3, Major Psi +4; 15 ISP total)
Puppet [dice:1tuygh8q]62865:2[/dice:1tuygh8q]
Wild Psionics [dice:1tuygh8q]62865:3[/dice:1tuygh8q]
Free Reroll
Puppet [dice:1tuygh8q]62865:4[/dice:1tuygh8q]
Wild Psionics [dice:1tuygh8q]62865:5[/dice:1tuygh8q]
11 w/Mentalist, opposed by Spirit:
Spirit rolls 12+ = No Effect
Spirit rolls 8-11 = Success (accept non fatal commands automatically, resist fatal ones at -2)
Spirit rolls 7- = Raise (accept non-fatal commands automatically, resist fatal ones at -4)
Ophelia glides through the earth to the best cover available to herself, and then rises up out of the ground and reaches out to the minds of Thunder and his two remaining Grunts, attempting to suborn their will to hers. She then issues her command, as loudly as she can. "You three! Drop all your remaining weapons and communication devices, then go down into the cellar and sit on your hands, doing and saying nothing but breathing while you wait for further orders!"
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3453
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

OOC Comments
Solders -1 to trait rolls: [dice:301ck68v]63036:0[/dice:301ck68v] soldier by Jane [dice:301ck68v]63036:4[/dice:301ck68v]
Thunder 1 wound, distracted -2, arcane resistance, and -1 trait... fails [dice:301ck68v]63036:1[/dice:301ck68v] ace [dice:301ck68v]63036:3[/dice:301ck68v]wild [dice:301ck68v]63036:2[/dice:301ck68v]
Spoon fed edition

Taken from the After Action Report for Captain Jean Claude... Concerning Crowley...

The coalition forces were on their heels. Field Team Six had recovered enough to go onto the offensive. Pender Lumkiss was down, but I saw him murmering Mrs. Dee, where is Mrs. Dee... to Lulu Bordain. The medic did her best removing almost all of the shrapnel from a U-Round and moved him toward the bunker beneath the wreckage of what was once Crowleys. She needed my help getting him the rest of the way in, and I gave it despite my chest wound from one of the skelebots lasers. His(Pender) call for Mrs. Dee was troubling. The council had decided to remove all record of her from Pender’s memory in an effort to save him from a crushing inner turmoil, and, in my opinion, conceal that she was a splurgoth spy. How one of our top aids and strategists had turned traitor was still something we were investigating. If Ophelia did not have her hands full meddling with the grunts and Thunder I would have had her do another mind wipe then and there. As it was, the grunts all seemed to respond well to her command to drop everything and head into the bunker, thunder seemed a bit more resistant but he too eventually complied while he yelled, “Yah fucking wombats drop it, drop it!!”. However would would all too soon find out that time was not their ally. In retrospect, Thunder and the grunts seemed ineffective in storm conditions. Their bots on the other hand...

Damn those skelebots... Someone was controlling them. Some one smart, someone vicious... Field Intel reported last week that Commander Ronald Macdonald was in command of CS forces in the arkansas wilderness. Most folks had never heard of operation Hamburglar. But this man was the one that convinced the dragon’s of freehold to dial back their everlasting strength in the Tolkien conflict, in exchange... Only Prosek and Macdonald knew what for. The bots, as we all ran for the bunker, opened fired on the field team, the CS soldiers, and even the blue skinned D-bees... The storm was all too soon filled with red laser fire.

The blue skins, later we found out they were called Faelerin, were running the opposite way when the bombs from a CS jet flying over head let loose its pay load. Worse yet, it seemed the reports of other legionairs trying to communicate with them were spot on. Magic and psionic powers seemed half hazard at best. The Language barrier seemed almost insurmountable. They were like frightened children running straight into the jaws of death. With my hands full of Pender I radioed the Field Team to do the seemingly impossible, ”Incoming team... Get those D-bees into the bunker, but more importantly get yourself into the bunker.” The CS forces, with the rain, mud, wind... Storm of the century really had almost no chance in getting in. JR Smith, himself was still trying to break free of the clay like hold 42 and Keith had constructed around him. Even so compelled by Ophelia it seemed like the CS forces would die in a horrible gout of flame, fire, and whatever else the fucking CS packed in their ordinance. My only hope was that the team could get themselves and some of the Faelerin inside before Angis closed the hatch. They would have to be a hero to save the CS because there was no way the CS soldiers could save themselves...

Save the Blue Skinned D-bees
Task skills( note, some skills require an edge or power to be used): Smarts (linguist), Spell-casting (Speak Language, Telekinesis, Mindlink), Athletics, Persuasion, Intimidate, Repair (mcgyver) All skills rolled at a -2.
Tokens: 7 Blue skinned Deebes need to be saved.

Save the CS(I was going to have them die, but Ophelia got you this far):
Task Skills (note, some skills require an edge or power to be used): Athletics, Arcane (Telekinesis), Repair (mcgyver) . Skills rolled at -4.
Tokens: 4 CS soldiers need to be saved.

Rules:
  • Those attempting the task make relevant skill checks and get a Task Token for each success and raise. Failure means no progress and a Critical Failure reduces progress by one (if there are any). In this case tokens count as a person saved.
  • Dangerous Encounters If a character fails his roll in a dangerous situation he takes a Wound (or d4 Wounds with a Critical Failure). If he's the driver of a vehicle, it takes a Wound (or d4 with a Critical Failure). Wounds may be Soaked as usual. Success means the hero emerges with only Bumps & Bruises (page 125), and a raise means he escapes unscathed.
  • Skelebots Attack! If a character's Action Card is a Club, something has gone wrong. Attempts to resolve the task (or Support it!) are made at an additional −2. Worse, if a roll is failed during a Complication, then 1d4 tokens are lost. The character may choose not to attempt a roll on a turn he has a Complication—it just costs him precious time. Support: Characters assisting with the Support option suffer the Complication penalty, and an additional −2 if their Action Card is a Club! Critical Failure on their part just subtracts from the lead's roll as usual.
  • The heroes never die: While this is definitely about how you get into the bunker, but it is more about who you help and save (or fail to save) as you get into it.
Lulu, Aggy, Ophelia all have a complication for a further -2 as the Skelebots fire at you.
Jane has a joker, +2 as the Hyperion in you lets loose!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Aggelos »

Task roll to aid 42 fails
Smarts [dice:2rwl6mfm]63105:0[/dice:2rwl6mfm] ace [dice:2rwl6mfm]63105:2[/dice:2rwl6mfm]
Wild [dice:2rwl6mfm]63105:1[/dice:2rwl6mfm]
Vigor test for Incapacitation 12
Vigor [dice:2rwl6mfm]63105:3[/dice:2rwl6mfm] Ace [dice:2rwl6mfm]63105:5[/dice:2rwl6mfm]
Wild [dice:2rwl6mfm]63105:4[/dice:2rwl6mfm]
Injury [dice:2rwl6mfm]63105:6[/dice:2rwl6mfm] injury table 2 [dice:2rwl6mfm]63105:7[/dice:2rwl6mfm] -1 dt agility
Forty-Two wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:47 am

Forty-Two looks at the approaching war machine and immediately shouts out to the team over both his magical loud speaker and his radio. "Incoming bomber, we need to dive in the bunker, or flee! But watch out for the lovers, their still all naked and you don't want that on you!"
Don't that just fucking figure At first she looks back to the bunker hatch but then notices the blues still milling about. And these assholes. Can't be bothered to save themselves now can they?

Leaving her cover she closes on them with her guns down-ish, getting nearly to the bunker. Motioning at the bunker "You go there. Go!" Something about their burbling tongue seems familiar to her, but over the ringing in her ears and the storm she can't quite make it out. Turning back to Forty-Two she yells "Does that sound li.." Her question cuts off when a burst of laser fire catches her in the back, dropping the gunslinger to her knees. She tries to turn back to her attacker and return fire but the effort costs her equilibrium, spilling her fully into the muck.

For a few seconds she just lays there in shock, her consciousness slipping away as sight and sound faded to black, but then the wind whips a loose flap of her armor into the opens burns on her back an she is very awake. Or at least awake enough for survival instincts to kick in. Reflexively sheathing her guns Aggelos rolls onto her stomach and begins to inch the last few yards to the bunker with the dregs of her strength.
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Character Name
    List of Abilities
Character Name

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 4/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Forty-Two »

Seeing @Aggelos go down Forty Two knows what must be done. Forty Two must save not only the many blue skinned elves, but also its best friend @Aggy! "Aggy.. No..." Forty Two yells as it reaches out with its elemental power, using the air itself to lighten her body and help pull her towards the opening. (Strength d6 elemental manipulation)

Looking over at the Blue skinned peoples Forty Two was worried they seemed not ot understand all the words being communicated. Summoning up another strand of elemental lightning Forty Two drew a giant flashing series of arrows pointing from where thy are to the opening in the bunker. Each flashing through in cycles, with energy intense enough to be seen, but without enough to actually harm anyone. Moving itself in the line of sight of the creatures Forty Two changed his shape to look like one of them and began fervently gesturing towards the hideaway pleading with them to please go down to safety! "Please go in the bunker. My best friend Claud will protect you. Please..."

Persuasion 10 (2 successes)
Persuasion d6+2, Scene -2
Persuasion [dice:1759zaje]63146:0[/dice:1759zaje]
Wild [dice:1759zaje]63146:1[/dice:1759zaje]

Ace [dice:1759zaje]63146:2[/dice:1759zaje]
Bennies 4, PPE: 10, ISP: 10
3 Quarterly Reset
+1 Hindrance added -2 to roll in interlude
Forty Two (Rob T)
Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

Critical Edges: Reliable, Work the Room, and Charisma allow 3 rolls to help two people!

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Jane can't hear anything in this horrible weather. She does realize that the bot she wrestled into the mud is in fact still and unmoving. Not entirely certain if she did that, the bot malfunctioned, or someone else got involved she gets to her knees.

She turns to look at the ruined building and notices all the friendlies (her team) heading for a trapdoor in the ground. Something must be up.

So she looks into the sky as the rain pelts her face and the wind tosses her hair. Then she hears @Forty-Two
Forty-Two wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:47 am
Forty-Two looks at the approaching war machine and immediately shouts out to the team over both his magical loud speaker and his radio. "Incoming bomber, we need to dive in the bunker, or flee! But watch out for the lovers, their still all naked and you don't want that on you!"
The Plane! The Plane! - Notice 4 _
Storm Fouled: -2
Clueless: -1
Alertness: +2
Joker: +2
[*] Notice (1d6) [dice:291v6k9p]63147:0[/dice:291v6k9p]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:291v6k9p]63147:1[/dice:291v6k9p]
Looking in a direction oppposite the team's approach, Jane notices light flashing from something metallic. Lightnining is even arcing towards this thing that reminds Jane of an off hand encounter with a deep space metallic dragon. Whatever it is, she clearly sees it and begins moving in and out of trees and around the reamining and remains of skelebots.

Athletics 6 _
Scene Modifier: -4
Joker: +2
[*] Athletics (1d8) [dice:291v6k9p]63147:2[/dice:291v6k9p]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:291v6k9p]63147:3[/dice:291v6k9p]
Burn cancels out the remaining -2 from Scene Modifier _
Burn (7 of 10)
[*] Burn (1d6) [dice:291v6k9p]63147:4[/dice:291v6k9p]
Because he was such a loud ass blow hard, Jane knows where JR is. She breaks him free of his muddy clay shell. "Pull up your napkin, you daft bludger. Best tell your grunts to follow you."

Jane turns tail and heads directly for the bunker, screaming at the top of her lungs like JR would for the grunts to fall in on him.

User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Ophelia Monk »

Fail to Support 42
Scene Modifier -4; Complication -2.
Rolling to Support 42
Psionics [dice:f2jdaaul]63173:0[/dice:f2jdaaul]
Wild Psi [dice:f2jdaaul]63173:1[/dice:f2jdaaul]
Ophelia starts to send a mental image to all present, showing a bomb going off and everyone safe in the shelter below, but just as she's getting the image down, her concentration is broken by a hail of gunfire from the loose skelebot, forcing her to take cover behind a stump.
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by LuLu »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:03 am

Save the Blue Skinned D-bees
Task skills( note, some skills require an edge or power to be used): Smarts (linguist), Spell-casting (Speak Language, Telekinesis, Mindlink), Athletics, Persuasion, Intimidate, Repair (mcgyver) All skills rolled at a -2.
Tokens: 7 Blue skinned Deebes need to be saved.
...
Lulu, Aggy, Ophelia all have a complication for a further -2 as the Skelebots fire at you.
Jane has a joker, +2 as the Hyperion in you lets loose!
*Lulu spell casts speak language* Saving the blue skins
Rollin, Rollin, Rollin!

Speak Languages spell with -4 complication. Spending 1 power point
Oops. Rolled those wrong.

Faith(spirit) = [dice:1ih6e9n9]63193:0[/dice:1ih6e9n9] =5-2=3 no success
wild = [dice:1ih6e9n9]63193:1[/dice:1ih6e9n9] =3-2 = 1 no success

spending a benny for a reroll

Faith [dice:1ih6e9n9]63193:2[/dice:1ih6e9n9]
Wild [dice:1ih6e9n9]63193:3[/dice:1ih6e9n9]

Current Bennies: 1/3, current Power points: 3/15
Lulu sees the blue skinned creatures and knows they don't understand what her team is yelling back and forth. She stops tugging at Pender's armpits and hunkers down for a minute. Waving her right hand in a quick circle, she grabs power and slaps her hand down on the faceplate of her helmet right where her mouth would be. "Vorbi!

Trusting the spell to make her commands understood, she turns and yells at the Blue Skinned D-bees, trying her best to be heard over the storm and gunfire. "Yah! Now. Look alive there. We've got incoming bombers! Big Bada Boom! One of you come give me a hand with this big lug and the rest of you get down in that there bunker. Come on now. Move your tooshies!"
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 0/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Keith
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: Episode 1: Welcome to the world

Post by Keith »

Telekinesis 9
Psionics [dice:1klahiy9]63203:0[/dice:1klahiy9]
Wild Die [dice:1klahiy9]63203:1[/dice:1klahiy9]
Ace [dice:1klahiy9]63203:2[/dice:1klahiy9]
"Move!" Keith shouts through the torrent of rain. It takes him a second before he realizes they don't understand his words. "Holy hell you dumb *(*@!!" He focuses his will and indiscriminately tosses Faerun into the bunker with the force of his mind.

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”