Episode 1: Milk Run

Not as good as the original, better than the prequels.
Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

https://starwarsintrocreator.kassellabs ... dvhSQpk7kN

A galaxy at war! The prison moon, Alsokul despite being recently emptied is beginning to fill back up with hundreds of prisoners of war! However this is hardly a fraction of the hundreds of thousands of former prisoners that now roam the planet! With no where to turn to the cities have become a melting pot of diversity and criminal gangs! It is within this pot at the Cut Throat Inn and cantina where we first meet our “hero’s” after they have been given word about a “milk run” of a job for the notorious Black Jack Slim!

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The Cut Throat was what one might consider a hole in the wall type of establishment, but one could also argue that there were so many blaster holes in the ceiling and walls that it was more an alley than a hole. The term cantina was also a bit of a misleading term for the place as anything there seemed to stretch the definition of edible. You either went there for beer in a dirty glass, or death sticks. Both of which coated the floor in a layer of filth. Everything in this place was filthy or like the patrons, dangerous. However the owner knew how to keep everyone in line with the barrel of thermal detonators he keep sitting next to him on the bar. It made sure only a few jaws was all that was ever broken. Thus it was one of the safer bars in town, unless you counted the diseases, which ensured patrons were alive long enough to return.

It was this place where our “hero’s” would get their first job. Mister slim, was the one they were to met, a long serpent like life form with two prosthetic arms attached somewhat close to his head. Which was not a common appendage among his kind. Nor did it resemble something that appeared natural.

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Cut Throat Inn
Day 1/Afternoon?

The dry wind pulled at the red hair peeking from under the brown hood of her cloak as Isis Netaxi studied the hole in the wall cantina across the street. Why couldn’t these jobs come from handsome, lonely, bachelor trillionaires just looking for a capable handywoman to sweep off her feet, marry, and give all their money to? But, alas, that was only in the holo-romances. In the real world, Isis had to work to send money home so her father could afford his medicine.

While more safe than others, Isis still didn’t want to walk in unprepared, so she checked her gear. The blaster was for protection, when lethal force was needed. Most of the other items on her person were for apprehending her bounties. Some of them, after all, needed to be brought in alive. And, well, sometimes her makeshift devices could be...finicky. The energy net launcher on her wrist was charged, her bacta injectors were loaded, the force field emitter on her chest was green, and the energy amplifier attachments at her belt were in easy reach.

Taking a breath, Isis crossed the street and pushed open the door into the cantina, looking around. She spotted the snake-like creature with the prosthetic arms, easily identifiable by the description she’d received. Milk run. Well, she would see.

“Black Jack Slim?” she inquired as she walked up to the table. She pushed back her hood, revealing her Human features, red hair, green eyes, and freckles scattered over her pert nose. She was shapely, but dressed in no-nonsense, sturdy work clothes, tan pants, white shirt, bandoliers and belts with weapons and gear attached. Her only acquiescence to femininity was leaving her shirt unbuttoned a bit to flash some freckled cleavage. It always helped to have an edge if your bounty was staring at your chest and not your hand going to your holster. That didn’t usually work on aliens, though.

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Slim looked at her before he merely remarked “when I said milk run I wasn’t referring to that kind of milk” he looked down at a glass he barely wiped clean before he used his long tail to deposit back on the shelf behind him. He then reached below the bar before placing a small sealed booze bottle, and a single death stick in front of her. “In case it’ll be your last.” He said sarcastically “but if it’s not you have to pay me back for it”

User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

A couple of tables away the inhabitants erupt in laughter at the punchline of a story being told by a smiling Wroonian. The man then finishes his drink with a flourish, bids his tablemates farewell and crosses the "room". Sidling up to the conversation with a grin, the blue near human male grabs a chair, spins it around deftly and sits on it backwards. "Jimbo, those congeniality courses from Hutt University are paying off, you are smoother than ever." He then turns to Isis, his head is now at her chest height and he takes a second before looking up into her eyes with a nod. Extending a hand, "Kyrin Brand."
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Kaelin paused to read the sign of the cantina, making sure she'd come to the right place, before entering it and glancing round at the crowd of patrons. She sighed and tried to locate the contact she was her to meet, as much as she really didn't want to do this she didn't have much choice. True there were other ways of making credits on this dustball, though most of those wouldn't leave her dignity and honour intact. And she needed the credits, badly, in order to get a ticket off-world.

She still cursed the day she ran afoul of some Jedi, she didn't realise the ruins were an ancient site important to those robed warriors. Then again, she hadn't expected anyone to be there when she visited it to gather up it's valuables and find then new, dust-free homes. The Jedi put paid to both that plan and then her freedom when they dumped her here on this world, her ship no doubt impounded and probably sold off as a junker to some half-rate smuggler. She was left with her wits and whatever she could beg, borrow or steal...though she made it a priority getting her hands on a working blaster to help ward-off unwanted attention.

After a moment's searching she found her contact, a serpent-like creature in conversation with a couple of humanoids. A human female and what looked to be a blue-skinned male, Chiss perhaps? Probably some other species that few people had ever heard of, almost a kindred spirit. Kaelin herself was humanoid but with four digit hands and feet along with green pointed ears and a slightly prehensile tail. Identifiably non-human, though she kept these features of her biology hidden as much as she could.
Main Account: Stormwell

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Slim saw the other members of the team and sat down two more death sticks and bottles for the both of them, he said the same line he said to the first one before adding on “by the way Kyrin, compare me to the Hutts again and that death stick really will be your last.” He grabbed a detonator with his tail “it’ll be a Black Jack Slim guarantee.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis enters the cantina. It took him longer than he liked to convince the bouncer that he seriously wanted to enter. Fortunately, he simply had to demonstrate that he actually knew how to use his blade...though fighting the bouncer until he disarmed him of his truncheon without actually hurting him took some time.

Too bad I could not get in on the side bets, Takis thinks, but can't bet without a stake...

He glances about and sees a group of mixed individuals over near the bar, Either those are another group of gamblers, or the people in on this mission. Better find out which...hopefully the latter, because if not the others probably left already.

He walks over to join the group, not swaggering but carrying his sword like is is comfortable in using it. He is also wearing a set of prison overalls...which are hardly the only ones in this place. He also looks to be too young to drink on most worlds and rather out of place. Veteran spacers can probably tell from the way he moves he is fairly recently come from a planet with a lower gravity.

He comments, "I already had one fight to get in here, so I hope none of you are going to try to keep me away from this job."

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Slim sat down the last drink and death stick. He either didn’t know about the minimum drinking age, or he didn’t care. “If that’s everyone I might as well tell you about the job.” He pulls out his own death stick and begins to smoke it as he causally starts to talk about the job, not caring about the company around them. “Some other hit team is supposedly planning to hit the near by ration station. That station is the main place I get the means to distill my booze. So I want you to steal as much as you can carry from the place before the other team does. It’s simple in concept but don’t let that go to your heads. Clone troopers caught wind of it as well and beefed up security around it.”

User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

"Slim, I would never compare you to a Hutt. You have all this..." Gesturing expansively around them "..and what have they got? Besides the palaces, wealth, and good sense not to threaten someone sitting a meter away from them with a thermal detonator. His eyes flick to the pile of additional detonators next to their proposed employer.
Talis wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:02 pm

He walks over to join the group, not swaggering but carrying his sword like is is comfortable in using it. He is also wearing a set of prison overalls...which are hardly the only ones in this place. He also looks to be too young to drink on most worlds and rather out of place. Veteran spacers can probably tell from the way he moves he is fairly recently come from a planet with a lower gravity.

He comments, "I already had one fight to get in here, so I hope none of you are going to try to keep me away from this job."
Kyrin looks the kid over with a sly grin. "Why ever would we do that? I was just thinking we needed a plucky mascot type, what-like they have in all the holos, and here you are. Manna from the heavens." His tone is playful and only a little dismissive of the youth. He turns back to Slim, tosses back the drink, and gets serious. "Clone troppers and a rival team huh. Not quite a milk run then is it. So, what's our cut and what intel you got on both the site and the rival team?
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis leaves the drink and Death Stick untouched, he has seen the effects of addiction too often in those on Kessel exposed to spice and wants no part of it.

He thinks over the situation and says, "Would preventing the other party's theft attempt suffice?"

He needs to be clear as to the goal...are we there to get the goods, or to stop the other side? He would be more comfortable with the latter.

Being called a mascot is acceptable, should it come to a fight they will learn.

User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

Talis wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:02 pm
Talis leaves the drink and Death Stick untouched, he has seen the effects of addiction too often in those on Kessel exposed to spice and wants no part of it.

He thinks over the situation and says, "Would preventing the other party's theft attempt suffice?"

He needs to be clear as to the goal...are we there to get the goods, or to stop the other side? He would be more comfortable with the latter.

Being called a mascot is acceptable, should it come to a fight they will learn.
Kyrin turns with a little bit of surprise to look the kid over again. He points a finger at him, nods and grins even more than before. "Damn fine idea kid. Keeps the vat jobs off our backs and doesn't make us a target of, well everyone, for fragging up the food chain." He reaches out to grab the drink Talis left untouched, tips it to him, and throws it back.
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

A tongue flicks out of slim’s mouth before he pauses to think, finally he replies “I would prefer having a larger number of rations than I am allotted, thus I would pay more for stealing. Although if you wish to avoid blow back I’ll still pay you if the station remains intact.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis nods thoughtfully and notes the order of priorities for the mission. 1) Save the station, 2) get as much as possible in terms of rations.

He thinks, once we are away from here, I will have to discuss with the others whether they think we could get rations as a reward from the clones if we help them fight the other gang. Kill two rybats with one throw.

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Cut Throat Inn
Day 1/Afternoon?

Isis smirked. “Your loss,” she quipped back at Slim. She looked down at the drink and the death stick. She tossed back the drink, but pushed the death stick away. “Not conducive to getting your job done,” she reminded him.

Then a Wroonian came over and plopped himself down, staring at Isis’ chest, then introduced himself. Well, at least the trick worked occasionally.

“Isis Netaxi,” she returned the introduction. She didn’t exactly announce her occupation. Half the people in this tavern probably had bounties on their heads. She didn’t need extra trouble from folks she wasn’t hunting. “You in on this caper then, Mr. Brand?”

Isis shifted and glanced over at the door as another female entered. She clocked her as Human first, but then saw a few things off about her that indicated she was something else, but nothing she really recognized.

Another male Human joined them, carrying a sword. Isis didn’t hold his apparent youth against him. She wasn’t that much older herself, just twenty. “As long as you’re useful,” she told him.

She turned back to Slim as he outlined the mission. “Ration station. Anything in particular you’re looking for us to nab?” she asked Slim. So he wanted the rations. No doubt to corner the market on them once they fell short after the theft.

Isis had to agree with Kylin. “Details on how many troopers and the other team would be handy,” she agreed. “Who’s the other team?”

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

He flicks his tongue although this time he uses it to moisturize his right eye. “I don’t know about the other team, all i know is that someone is planing something, and they bought a bunch of carpets.” He hisses a bit at the word as an alien way (at least in regards to humans) to infer to the fact that a lot of smugglers use carpets for falsifying shipping records (although common knowledge +1 check for your characters to remember that) “As for the clone troopers, at least 30 plus the local militia.” He pulls out a puck “the last thing I got is a map of the place”

He presses the top and it shows a map of a medium height building with a professionally done makeshift wall and guard towers around it.
Attachments
1868A3C3-E6D1-44B0-9E58-62EA5991F336.jpeg

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Rolls
Common Knowledge [dice:a6b08a4g]63668:0[/dice:a6b08a4g]
Wild [dice:a6b08a4g]63668:1[/dice:a6b08a4g]
Kaelin mutters her greetings and introduction to the others before taking a seat at the table, like Isis she took the drink but pushed away the death stick. She listened as Slim outlined the job and studied the map that he pulled out, though a number of questions popped into her head. "Hm, how thick is the wall? How tall is it?"
Last edited by Kaelin on Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Main Account: Stormwell

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Common Knowledge 4
+1 difficulty
Common Knowledge [dice:27m0qmpa]63669:0[/dice:27m0qmpa]
Wild [dice:27m0qmpa]63669:1[/dice:27m0qmpa]
Alsokul/Cut Throat Inn
Day 1/Afternoon?

“Carpets?” Isis asked. “So they’re looking to get the goods off planet then? They’d use those to falsify their shipping records.”

The redhead leaned over the table to study the map. “Thirty clones, and militia. That’s a lot. Kind of prevents a straight up assault. Two ways in. Plenty of guard towers. How high is that wall?” she asked. “Do we know protocols? Guard changes? Do those turrets just cover the exterior, or can they swivel around?”

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Alsokul/Cut Throat Inn
Day 1/Afternoon
OOC Comments
Common Knowledge: [dice:31ore8xw]63670:0[/dice:31ore8xw], Wild CK: [dice:31ore8xw]63670:1[/dice:31ore8xw]
While he knows a little bit about smuggling, Talis is considering other questions, "The Militia may be the key here. Militia tends to work on rotation, with new people coming in frequently. All you really need is one or two people you can bribe or replace who are familiar and know the passwords. Once you replace the Militia, all you need is something to draw the clones away."

He could see doing it with one person bribed or forced who knows the daily passcodes and a Changeling to look like someone else the clones would know.

User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

Isis Netaxi wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:49 am


“Isis Netaxi,” she returned the introduction. She didn’t exactly announce her occupation. Half the people in this tavern probably had bounties on their heads. She didn’t need extra trouble from folks she wasn’t hunting. “You in on this caper then, Mr. Brand?”

Isis shifted and glanced over at the door as another female entered. She clocked her as Human first, but then saw a few things off about her that indicated she was something else, but nothing she really recognized.

Another male Human joined them, carrying a sword. Isis didn’t hold his apparent youth against him. She wasn’t that much older herself, just twenty. “As long as you’re useful,” she told him.
"I am indeed. My specialties are motivating computers and people into doing what needs be done." He informs her with a wink and a smile that has surely melted more than a few hearts.
Isis Netaxi wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:49 am
She turned back to Slim as he outlined the mission. “Ration station. Anything in particular you’re looking for us to nab?” she asked Slim. So he wanted the rations. No doubt to corner the market on them once they fell short after the theft.

Isis had to agree with Kylin. “Details on how many troopers and the other team would be handy,” she agreed. “Who’s the other team?”
Listening to the details and the teams questions for a moment the wroonian works out some ideas of his own before pitching them. "How's about we don't hit the depot at all, well not in the physical sense. See everyone's got a profile in their computer system that tells them who gets how much in rations every week. Get me access to their mainframe and I can convince the system that a couple of trusted associates of Mr. Slim are in need of more per cycle than they currently receive. They hand the surplus over to him and he gets a longer term bump in supplies without the worry of anyone in authority looking for a bulk of goods gone missing. As for the other team, we can either try to look them up before hand and stop their run at the depot, or we could let them pull it off and hit them as they run for cover. The latter would also net Slim a short term boost in supplies." He gives the snake man a charming grin, "We would expect more pay were we to pull off a duoble payout of course."

The reference to carpets concerns the slicer. No one would want to smuggle the barely edible slop that was called rations here off world for sale and there were far less risky way to get food in the galaxy so something seemed off about that part, but if there was a bigger score to be had and the snakeman was unaware, Kyrin saw no sense in mentioning it in front of the being.
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

“The how and what is all up to you, I don’t really care. All I really care about is I’ll pay you 10 credits for each ration you acquire, and 1100 for every hundred you get.” Slim spoke almost plainly about it all before his tongue flicked out to moisturize his other eye. “If you should steal anything like blasters, than that’s a different matter all together. Finally I can get you in touch with a cargo speeder as well. It’s not the nicest hunk of junk, but it’ll make grabbing stuff a lot easier.

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

"I say let the other team hit the depot." Suggested Kaelin. "We could use 'em as a distraction, perhaps even tip o' the milita."

"Though the mainframe idea sounds like it could work, but can we get access ta that?"
Main Account: Stormwell

User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

Kaelin wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:08 am
"I say let the other team hit the depot." Suggested Kaelin. "We could use 'em as a distraction, perhaps even tip o' the milita."

"Though the mainframe idea sounds like it could work, but can we get access ta that?"
Kyrin considers the question a moment. "I think I'd need to get to an access port in the depot but that should be connected with the central distribution network via a hardline to avoid wireless hacking. So if we're going in anyway it should just take me a couple minuets access."

Looking back to Slim his demeanor shifts ever so slightly, while still affable and relaxed an undertone of businesslike confidence emerges. "So if you like the idea of a small but steady supply, give me say 10 ident codes of folks you trust to give it to you and I'll up their ration allotment by 10%.... so that'd be 3300 a month until their next yearly update, which is in 4 months. That's 39,600 if the hack holds. Since it's a lot of cash to swing at once, and just in case some nosey sec-prog corrects it early, we let you pay monthly. Let's not forget we'll being pulling a physical heist too. So I hope you've been saving your credits."
Persuasion, 6
Modifiers: +1 racial. Net +1
Persuasion [dice:ljd5t493]63769:0[/dice:ljd5t493]
Wild [dice:ljd5t493]63769:1[/dice:ljd5t493]
Free reroll
Persuasion [dice:ljd5t493]63769:2[/dice:ljd5t493]
Wild [dice:ljd5t493]63769:3[/dice:ljd5t493]
Benny to reroll
Persuasion [dice:ljd5t493]63769:4[/dice:ljd5t493]
Wild [dice:ljd5t493]63769:5[/dice:ljd5t493]
"And since we're gonna have to bribe some people to get the info we'll need to run this gig, how about you give us 9 and a half K up front for operations costs?" His smile to their employer would make a used speeder salesman proud, and his tone perfectly conveys the feeling he's doing the barkeep/wanna-be crime lord a favor only asking for that. "Not knowing much of anything about our competition, most importantly when they'll strike, puts us in a rush so it won't be cheap."
Persuasion for advance
Modifiers: +1 racial. Net +1
Persuasion [dice:ljd5t493]63769:6[/dice:ljd5t493]
Wild [dice:ljd5t493]63769:7[/dice:ljd5t493]
Free reroll
Persuasion [dice:ljd5t493]63769:8[/dice:ljd5t493] Ace [dice:ljd5t493]63769:10[/dice:ljd5t493]
Wild [dice:ljd5t493]63769:9[/dice:ljd5t493]
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis agrees, "Standard setup for prison planets, everything has to be secure to keep the crooks from access. The access may be a hard line or a holo grid or something else, but will be secure from outside tampering. A holo grid might have recognition software making it hard to hack."

Talis knows how prison planets work, being from one himself.

He says, "I still think our best bet may be to go in as Militia. We only need one person we can convince to let us replace a group coming in on rotation, someone who would be a Militia officer...and possibly to slice some Militia ID's."

He thinks, Creating a slight edit to the database is ingenious, and should pass muster without doing any real harm. Much neater than outright theft.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Slim flicked his tongue. Then his tail quickly slipped into the back door before pulling out a bag, and a data pad. He looked in the bag before placing 9,500 down on the counter, although he immediately placed his heavy metallic hand over it. “I like this deal you speak of, but I have to know you’re not full of-“ he then hissed and snarled something in his native tongue “-So! If you don’t come through and guarantee me that I’ll be getting those rations, than you’ll owe me 20,000.” He flicked his tongue at the man before him, his cold eyes not moving nor blinking as it started to seem like slim saw him more as a meal in this moment “It shouldn’t be a problem if you’re not actually talking out your-“ he resumed his native hissing. he then finally curls what seems like an attempt at a smile before be taps away at the data pad. After another short moment he pricks his tail on a device used to provide biometric signatures. He hands it to kyrin showing that it has the terms of their deal along with a blank entry where his biometric signature would go.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Slim did a shrug motion which was strange because he didn’t have actual shoulders. “Although I understand if you want to scope things out before committing to anything” he took the data pad and money back and put it underneath the bar. “Come back in 4 hours when the bar is closed down” he slithered off to another part of the tavern.

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Cut Throat Inn
Day 1/Afternoon

“Fair enough,” Isis said. “Some good ideas all around. Let’s check out this station and see what we can discover.” She tossed back her drink and stood up.

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The ration station was in the middle of a small industrial park. The republic had retro fitted an old ware house, however due to frequent attacks and heists upon the facility they had increased the security of the facility. Walls surrounded the compound with guard towers over looking the cluster of buildings around them. Militia stood seemingly aimlessly around the wall and the entrances not really going in or out of the facility. The Clones meanwhile were constantly moving about patrolling and moving about the wall. Finally there were two militia and one clone wearing reflective vests and armed with guiding sticks that were ensuring any traffic, foot or vehicular was moving along and not remaining in the vicinity of the compound.

Notice check TN 4
OOC Comments
There’s one clone who unlike the others is standing still in front of a portion of the wall that seems to have been badly damaged by some sort of blaster bolt. The area in question is in an alley way going up around the right side of the wall. It could have been a probing attack or it could be the other teams plan of entry
Force check TN 4
OOC Comments
you can easily feel that there is some dark force energy that is almost barely there but is defiantly in the warehouse. Additionally you can feel, something that is hard to comprehend but is definitely connected to the force. It’s almost comparable to looking into a mirror, and seeing one’s self. However there seemed to be something behind or apart of this figurative mirror that is obviously looking back at you. Before you have the chance to trace it back to the source it slips off before you can do so, but you could tell it was at least not in the warehouse.
If the check is a raise
OOC Comments
You sense something beneath the floor of the warehouse. It initially doesn’t feel strong however you then realize that it’s bleeding out from somewhere, it must be coming from a source as the flow is constant. However said source seems to be shielded from your view some how. Additionally you sense something of the force that doesn’t seem like light or dark. It seems as if it is chameleon like. Simply matching what ever form of the force is closest to it. It doesn’t appear to have notice you probing the force however that also means you can’t trace it. (Another check is required to trace it back to its source, which will also make your presence known to it).
For those who can not make a force check you can instead make a spirit check with TN 6 treat the force check and the force check raise as the first and second raise for this check.
OOC Comments
You might not the biggest believer of the whole force thing but you can still feel the presence of something undeniably unsettling. it’s not strong and due to your meager connection to the force you can’t make much sense of it. However one could safely guess that what ever the dark side really is, this was connected to it in some way.

User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Vencuyanir (or Venc pronounced Vince) was waiting for the rest of the group outside the cantina. It always starts at a cantina he thought to himself, how cliche. Wrapped around his shoulders and casually lounging in the warming sun is a Nexu, maybe 6 or 8 months old.
Chomps.jpg
Chomps.jpg (7.23 KiB) Viewed 3824 times
"So what's Slim got to say?"

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Rolls
Notice [dice:1yz4vad1]64048:0[/dice:1yz4vad1]
Wild [dice:1yz4vad1]64048:1[/dice:1yz4vad1]

Spirit [dice:1yz4vad1]64048:3[/dice:1yz4vad1]
Wild [dice:1yz4vad1]64048:2[/dice:1yz4vad1]
With an eye of somebody used to getting into places that they shouldn't, Kaelin studied the exterior of the ration station for anything that stood out. Her efforts were rewarded when she spied a damaged section of wall, presumably hit by a blaster in the recent past. However, there was a clone trooper guarding it and thus possibly implying that the clone troopers were aware of a weak point in the compound.

Though most curiously as she got close to the warehouse she couldn't help but feel that something was...off. It was little more than a hunch, a simple gut feeling. She'd had these time and time before often before a blaster bolt passed through where she'd been standing, a monster narrowly missing her limb of diving out of the way before a trap triggered. This instinct had kept her safe and she'd learnt to trust it, though this was just...something. She just couldn't place her finger on what it actually was.
Main Account: Stormwell

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Notice 3
Notice [dice:1v843po4]64059:3[/dice:1v843po4]
Wild [dice:1v843po4]64059:4[/dice:1v843po4]
Spirit 10; Raise
Spirit [dice:1v843po4]64059:0[/dice:1v843po4]
Wild [dice:1v843po4]64059:1[/dice:1v843po4]
Ace [dice:1v843po4]64059:2[/dice:1v843po4]
Alsokul/Cut Throat Inn
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis was counting her share of the credits as she emerged from the cantina. “This will buy some good gear,” she commented. “That will be needed if we’re doing a raid. Let’s check this place out and see what we need.”

They headed over to the ration station. Kaelin pointed out the damaged section of wall guarded by the clone trooper. Isis frowned. Something felt...off here. The hair on the back of her neck prickled a bit, and so she scanned the area more for whatever unseen danger she was sensing.

“Something is creepy off here,” the redhead said, fingering the control for the force field generator strapped to her chest. “That’s a lot of troopers and militia. How hard is it to sign up for that, anyway?” she wondered. “Could we get some credentials to assign us there? Or maybe get a transport that can get us inside, like we were doing a delivery or pick up?”

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 1900

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis is from a prison planet, kind of like this though more dangerous, he has some familiarity with how things should be.

First of all, they have had raids before, and have defenses in place. This means the opposing side will have a stratagem intended to bypass the existing defenses, Talis thinks, although the odds are good there are some defenses they do not know about.

He glances over at Isis, who reiterates his idea of using the militia as cover, though she adds an alternate strategy of entering as a cargo delivery or pick-up. He comments, "I suspect that a cargo vehicle is how the other team intends to enter, it can carry the troops in and carry the goods out."
OOC Comments
Notice: [dice:286cvz05]64064:0[/dice:286cvz05], Wild Notice: [dice:286cvz05]64064:1[/dice:286cvz05] Notice total 5
Focus: [dice:286cvz05]64064:2[/dice:286cvz05], Wild Focus: [dice:286cvz05]64064:3[/dice:286cvz05], Focus Ace: [dice:286cvz05]64064:4[/dice:286cvz05] Focus Total: 13, 2 raises
He says softly, mostly to himself, "There was something dark here once, it has tainted this place. Something remains, something that is hiding."

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Minor mechanics comment
OOC Comments
I’m putting this up so I can check that the logic of the other force presence is still at least somewhat sound, and that I’m not having them act stupid without realizing.

The force check was essentially an opposed notice check. @Talis noticed the other force presence before said force presence noticed him. However it did notice @Isis Netaxi‘s either because she’s actually got potential in the force or more likely because of her strong intentions thus it’ll be a bit more on edge making tracking it hard. However since @Isis Netaxi isn’t avid force user I’m gonna say it hasn’t immediately ran like it would have if it had noticed @Talis.

User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

It was like a shadow peeled itself from off the wall and began following the ragtag group from the cantina.

Chomps purred softly on Venc's shoulder, it's tail swishing back and forth.

When Venc saw that they were nearing the ration station, he slipped ahead to dive into his surveillance and observation.

Venc Notice 7
Woodsman: +2
[*] Notice (1d6) [dice:h2ep20td]64080:0[/dice:h2ep20td]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:h2ep20td]64080:1[/dice:h2ep20td]
Venc Focus, Crit Fail
Untrained: -2
[*] Focus (1d4) [dice:h2ep20td]64080:2[/dice:h2ep20td]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:h2ep20td]64080:3[/dice:h2ep20td]
Chomps Notice 2
[*] Notice (1d8) [dice:h2ep20td]64080:4[/dice:h2ep20td]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:h2ep20td]64080:5[/dice:h2ep20td]
Chomps Focus 3
Untrained: -2
[*] Focus (1d4) [dice:h2ep20td]64080:6[/dice:h2ep20td]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:h2ep20td]64080:7[/dice:h2ep20td]

User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

Vencuyanir wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:38 pm
Vencuyanir (or Venc pronounced Vince) was waiting for the rest of the group outside the cantina. It always starts at a cantina he thought to himself, how cliche. Wrapped around his shoulders and casually lounging in the warming sun is a Nexu, maybe 6 or 8 months old.

Chomps.jpg

"So what's Slim got to say?"
Kyrin is unfazed at the question from the lurking stranger and answers him honestly in a hushed voice. "Heist on the rationing depot. Sounds legit so I accepted for us. Even found a way to add value and get the team an advance. Oh and there's a team." He motions to the others from the meet. "Team this is Venc and Chomps, we work together but Slim don't want Chomps inside no more. Venc this is Isis, Kaelin, and Talis."

When Isis begins talking gear Kyrin speaks up. "Keep in mind this advance is our money for bribes and other necessary gear we may have to pick up. I'd love to shop too but lets figure out our plan and what we need to spend money on before we snap up things we want. I suggest we keep the money pooled for now for any work expenses and divvy it up later. It's what we do in a crew back home anyway." Before disappointed looks turn to objections he adds, "But it is a large advance and personal gear upgrades may well serve the job as well so some small purchases, counted against ones future share would be part of the necessities. Realizing how stick in the mud accountanty he's sounding the wroonian breaks into a grin, "Sorry, my family business is mercenary work so these kinds of details are things I like to see sorted out, I guess a vote'd be in order. "Better to get the company charter hammered out early lad, so's there's no grouseing laters." My grandpappy used to say. As for now we're just working one job there's no call for a proper charter. The money's not in our hands yet anyway so we don't have to decide now."

"With all the guards they're taking defense very seriously. I think a group all rubbernecking may stand out so let's split up. Isis stick with me I need your help." The wroonian explains to her his plan to get pictures of the security by the two of them pretending to be camera happy lovebirds out for a stroll.

As they walk he tells her of his first trip on a ship owned by his extended family. For months beforehand his uncle Abrodath, being the type of uncle who delighted in playing pranks on his younger kin, filled the young Kyrins head with intimations of the vulgar expectations some of the sailors may have of such a young lad onboard ship. By the time he shipped out he was terrified to be caught alone and rarely showered and then only at night. Weeks pass and a couple of the sailors begin to act, interested, in the lad.

One night when he thought he'd have the showers to himself he slipped in and found three nakin sailors waiting for him. "I literally squeaked. I had no words I was so terrified. Backing slow out the door I thumped into something solid. Slowly I turned to see my uncle naked as a jumbird. "I told you there would be expectations boy." I wailed like a wounded jawa and ran down the corridor to their howls of laughter." Smiling and chuckling at the memory. "The bastard set the whole thing up. For a good year my crewmates called me Young Rodger."


Notice 6
Notice [dice:2fezwqbw]64097:0[/dice:2fezwqbw]
Wild [dice:2fezwqbw]64097:1[/dice:2fezwqbw]
Spirit 4
Spirit [dice:2fezwqbw]64097:2[/dice:2fezwqbw]
Wild [dice:2fezwqbw]64097:3[/dice:2fezwqbw]
Perform 3
Perform [dice:2fezwqbw]64097:4[/dice:2fezwqbw]
Wild [dice:2fezwqbw]64097:5[/dice:2fezwqbw]
Benny to reroll
Perform [dice:2fezwqbw]64097:6[/dice:2fezwqbw]
Wild [dice:2fezwqbw]64097:7[/dice:2fezwqbw]
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]

User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Venc falls instep with @Kyrin Brand when he exits the cantina, gets the information he needs and promptly disappears to take care of his part in the survelliance.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The road guides quickly tried to get everyone to keep moving, but if one could choose the right moment there was a chance to slip into one of the alley ways.

Stealth check to sneak past the guards -1 to the check because of the sheer number of them all, but it’s mostly militia so it’s only -1
OOC Comments
In the alleyways you can see that small metal fences have been installed at any alleys that lead up to the warehouse. They are nothing much and seem mostly like they’ll only slow down any aspiring acrobat, but that slowing could be deadly in a fire fight. Additionally there’s a weird looking knee high totem, an archeologist might be able to tell you something about it
Hacking knowledge check: this is merely inferring what could be in the facility as opposed to actually hacking in
OOC Comments
due to the building be retro fitted and recently fitting at that, there’s not a lot of high end security ware likely to be inside. Halo security cameras are almost certain, and digitally locked doors are a possibility. Motion sensors are a toss up determined by the state of the building wiring which was something one can’t notice without a building diagram
Hacking knowledge check: trying to wire into the systems with an actual hacking device
OOC Comments
If you succeed roll a d4 to determine what system you plug into, each raise allows you to roll an additional time and pick the one you want
1: lighting
2: security porting (the initial system to hack before one can hack into security systems)
3: PA system
4: building maintenance documentation and basic controls
A militiamen quickly walks up to the two love birds before he puts his hand above the camera. Although he didn’t confiscate it, yet. “hey, what are you doing with that thing?” A comrade of his walks up

“I think he’s taking pictures of his girl” he does a shooing motion. “regardless shove off”

(The first Mikita man will either confiscate or not confiscate the camera depending on isis’s performance. In theory you could Make a persuasion afterwards to recover but if no one succeeds the performance it might be more difficult)

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Opposed force check

[dice:16jjym0m]64144:0[/dice:16jjym0m]
[dice:16jjym0m]64144:1[/dice:16jjym0m]
Ace [dice:16jjym0m]64144:2[/dice:16jjym0m]

Success will give you the other force presence’s general direction

A raise will give you their exact location but they will notice that you noticed them.

User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Venc seeing a potential problem with the "love birds", decides to try a diversion tactic. Stepping behind a sizeable tree, he pulls down the lazy nexu kitten. Holding it between his hands he looks at Chomps. "I need your help. Will you run over towards that open hole in the wall."

To emphasize he leans out away from the tree so that the Nexu can see the hole. "Lots to explore in there. How about it?"

Persuade Chomps to Cooperate
[*] Persuasion (1d4) [dice:31euycdm]64153:0[/dice:31euycdm]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:31euycdm]64153:1[/dice:31euycdm]

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Chomps looks at venc, appearing to understand. However as soon as he is released he sees something shinny and immediately wants it. He barrels forward before launching himself up to Claim it

Athletics
[dice:25o3bfu0]64155:0[/dice:25o3bfu0]
[dice:25o3bfu0]64155:1[/dice:25o3bfu0]

@Kyrin Brand suddenly saw a blur fly in front of him, and his camera was just as quickly gone.

The militia man also confused looked up at kyrin “what was that!” He put a hand on the grip of his blaster

Chompers meanwhile excitingly held onto the newest addition to his horde of shinny things, and quickly went off into the alley ways.

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Performance 1
Performance [dice:2wi1shnb]64157:0[/dice:2wi1shnb]
Wild [dice:2wi1shnb]64157:1[/dice:2wi1shnb]
Alsokul/Cut Throat Inn
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis listened to Kyrin as he explained his plan and then slipped her arm into his, flashing him a beautiful, flirtatious smile. “Oh, I can get behind this,” she said. She chuckled at his story and then side eyed the guards as they stopped to take a picture. A couple of them were looking too interested. When they started to walk over, Isis pressed herself up against Kyrin and gave him a deep, soul-searing kiss until the clones grew embarrassed and wrote them off for what they appeared to be -- beings who really needed to get a room.

The militia guards came closer, and Isis came up for air. “Oh, sorry! I didn’t see any signs saying we couldn’t be here,” she said. “Can you give us directions to a hotel?” she asked coyly, batting her long lashes.

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis pauses to consider, he has felt something through the force, something that seems to be trying to actively hide using the force. The question is: is he ready to confront it?

The odds are, whatever he is sensing is his equal or superior. After all, he is only half trained, if that. Also, there is that darkness he sensed, if he tries to seek the other, will he also be open to the darkness?

At times like this, he wishes his master was still around...and then he tends to add to the wish that his master was more understandable. His master tended to get lost in the middle of lessons, making it hard to judge what was actually the intent of the information. Talis understood that it was caused by the brain damage he suffered, but it made completing a lesson difficult.

Thinking through what he has gleaned from the lessons, the force is intended to be used to gather information and to defend either the person or others. Using the force is intended to be used when one is at peace, to use it when being influenced by emotion or previous expectation will alter your perceptions, you will tend to see more what you expect to see than what is the whole truth.

He says to himself, I need to calm my fears, to open myself and trust in the force. It will show me what I am ready to see.
OOC Comments
Focus: [dice:1ong8a0n]64162:0[/dice:1ong8a0n], Wild Focus: [dice:1ong8a0n]64162:1[/dice:1ong8a0n]

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Rolls
Stealth [dice:ilujmhrs]64163:0[/dice:ilujmhrs]
Wild [dice:ilujmhrs]64163:1[/dice:ilujmhrs]

Stealth Explodes [dice:ilujmhrs]64163:4[/dice:ilujmhrs]
Wild Explodes [dice:ilujmhrs]64163:5[/dice:ilujmhrs]

Stealth Total: 11

Notice [dice:ilujmhrs]64163:2[/dice:ilujmhrs]
Wild [dice:ilujmhrs]64163:3[/dice:ilujmhrs]

Notice Explodes [dice:ilujmhrs]64163:6[/dice:ilujmhrs]

Notice Total: 12
Kaelin opted to ply the skills of her trade and get a feel of the local terrain round the compound, taking advantage of the little distraction afforded by a couple of her new associates. Not only was she looking for possible ways in, she was also planning escape routes and making note of potential obstacles that would impede a fast getaway. Where possible, she would see about removing said obstacles. In the process of her sojourn, she came across a curious and weird looking totem. Puzzled, she stopped to study it and muttered. "Wot do we have here..."

Roll for Totem
Occult [dice:ilujmhrs]64163:7[/dice:ilujmhrs]
Wild [dice:ilujmhrs]64163:8[/dice:ilujmhrs]
Main Account: Stormwell

User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

In a rare moment, Venc actually says more and is more animated.

Running towards the "two love birds" and the guard. "Hey ya'll seen my kitty. Big thing like this big." Venc holds his arms out to full arms length.

"He took off this direction."

Venc pushes past the guard and begins running chaotically through the alley ways, not really following Chomps but doing just enough to attract every guard in the station.

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Rolls
Athletics for Fence [dice:3harksce]64193:0[/dice:3harksce]
Wild [dice:3harksce]64193:1[/dice:3harksce]

Second Roll For Moving Round Compound [dice:3harksce]64193:2[/dice:3harksce]
Wild [dice:3harksce]64193:3[/dice:3harksce]

Second Roll Explodes [dice:3harksce]64193:4[/dice:3harksce]

Athletics for Wall [dice:3harksce]64193:7[/dice:3harksce]
Wild [dice:3harksce]64193:8[/dice:3harksce]

Benny to Re-roll

Athletics [dice:3harksce]64193:9[/dice:3harksce]
Wild [dice:3harksce]64193:10[/dice:3harksce]

Notice [dice:3harksce]64193:5[/dice:3harksce]
Wild [dice:3harksce]64193:6[/dice:3harksce]
At a glance the totem appeared to be really old, ancient even, and probably belonged to the original inhabitants of this dirtball. Kaelin reckoned that she could make a nice tidy sum of creds selling it to the right collector if and when she finally made it off-world, though she opted to stash it somewhere safe to collect later before moving on. She'd managed to get quite close to the compound without being spotted and the group's prize laid invitingly close.

Thanks to her species being naturally agile, the fence proved to be no issue for her and she was able to move about the compound unheeded. She kept an eye out as she hurried along, chiefly for patrolling clone troopers but also for the prize they were after. If she could grab a handful of the rations, then this little venture would be more than worth it.
Main Account: Stormwell

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

WIP


The force presence not inside the warehouse quickly fades and disappears from Talis’ reach leaving the padawan none the wiser to who or what they were.
OOC Comments
Since he’s already felt their presence if he finds a good place to meditate he can attempt to find them again through a dramatic task. Also for the sake of distinguish them feel free to think up nicknames for the two different force presences. The one in the warehouse and the one that left
Almost all of the militia, who didn’t have anything to do and two clones walk over to see what venc seems to be doing.
Clone 1
OOC Comments
may or may not be a wild card, but if he unlike the militia has the potential to be
“sir, I don’t care about your pet. All I care about is you leaving the area, now!” The clone already had his weapon at depressed ready which prompted the militia to copy him. His armor was far from shinny which proved him to be at least somewhat battle hardened, or at the least just lucky.

The totem was actually rooted deep into the ground and seemed like it would extend rather far into the soil. Much like the tip of an ice berg. However @Kaelin was already on the other side of the wall. The ware house was two stories at least and mostly bare on the walls. However there were windows closer to the roof that allowed natural light into the facility and proved that this facility was not original military in the slightest. To further prove that there were old fire escape doors that seem to have been welded shut. However it seems like some people still tried to get in regardless

The militia man who was with the two love birds glance back at venc before he quickly spun around to stop them from running off

Stealth check +1 to sneak off

If the sneak check is failed
OOC Comments
“Hey wait! I’m gonna need you to come with me, you obviously are up to something suspicious.” He pulls out a set of binders but his partner has already turned away completely and isn’t in the position to assist

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Stealth 3
+1 difficulty
Stealth [dice:1bhdxj0f]64212:0[/dice:1bhdxj0f]
Wild [dice:1bhdxj0f]64212:1[/dice:1bhdxj0f]
Alsokul/Rations Warehouse
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis realized she wasn’t being too convincing to the guard -- maybe more distracted by that kiss than she’d intended? But then the Mandalorian came barging through, bumping into the guard, looking for his cat. That was distracting enough that Isis thought she might be able to sneak off.

Unfortunately, she was less than successful as the trooper pulled out manacles.

“What?” Isis exclaimed. “What have I done that was suspicious?” she demanded. “This is an outrage! You don’t have any authority to arrest me for kissing my boyfriend!”

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

After a second of surprise at Isis' commitment to the ploy Kyrin gives as good as he gets. Coming out of the kiss he goes to answer the guards when Chomps flies past, deftly snatching his mobile and sprinting off.
Vencuyanir wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:35 am
In a rare moment, Venc actually says more and is more animated.

Running towards the "two love birds" and the guard. "Hey ya'll seen my kitty. Big thing like this big." Venc holds his arms out to full arms length.

"He took off this direction."

Venc pushes past the guard and begins running chaotically through the alley ways, not really following Chomps but doing just enough to attract every guard in the station.
"Yeah, your rat thing took my mobile and went that way. I want that back!" He yells at the retreating madolorian. Turning back to the guard as he pulls cuffs Kyrin sticks to the "lovers ploy and doubles down.
Persuasion to fast talk out of the situation 7
Persuasion [dice:1u5dno8b]64239:0[/dice:1u5dno8b]
Wild [dice:1u5dno8b]64239:1[/dice:1u5dno8b]

Free reroll from charismatic
Persuasion [dice:1u5dno8b]64239:2[/dice:1u5dno8b]
Wild [dice:1u5dno8b]64239:3[/dice:1u5dno8b]
While gaging his chances to deck the guard and run he simultaneously takes the air of a schmuck whose just realized he could be in real trouble. Better to keeps this just a couple weirdos than an assault incident "Whoa man. Those are not the cuffs I wanted to be in tonight. Look, we're just here because soldiers get her hyper-drive motivated if you know what I mean. And cameras." Nodding towards her entangle gun. "And other stuff. We're just pregaming for a night of naughty bounty huntress, I swear!" Eyes wide and hands half in the air
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]

User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Still distraught, Venc pays little attention to those gathered around him. Quite certain that Chomper had gone this way, he lets out a call, that a mother Nexu would make to her "kittens".

Call to Chomps, Language (Nexu) 9
[*] Language (Nexu) (1d6) [dice:39aketyf]64273:0[/dice:39aketyf]
[*] Aced! Language (Nexu) (1d6+6) [dice:39aketyf]64273:2[/dice:39aketyf]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:39aketyf]64273:1[/dice:39aketyf]
Venc hears Chomps response and heads out of the compound another way, by passing the "love birds" ( @Kyrin Brand and @Isis Netaxi )

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Rolls
Stealth [dice:tgcu5qhy]64281:0[/dice:tgcu5qhy]
Wild [dice:tgcu5qhy]64281:1[/dice:tgcu5qhy]

Notice [dice:tgcu5qhy]64281:2[/dice:tgcu5qhy]
Wild [dice:tgcu5qhy]64281:3[/dice:tgcu5qhy]
Kaelin worked her way through the compound, using cover and a watchful eye to dodge patrolling clone troopers in order to get closer to the warehouse. There only seemed to be two possible ways into the warehouse; a main entrance and some loading bays that had doors which would needed to be opened. They were also guarded, which made gaining entry even more difficult. She stayed where she was for a moment, trying to spy a possible opening in the patrol patterns of the guards or whether crates were being carried inside that she could hide in.

She was rewarded with a window of opportunity as the loading bay was left unprotected by the patrolling clone troopers, an opportunity she took as she crept over and got busy trying to open the door. Not being skilled in electronics, she saw that she would have to try levering the door and hoped she didn't get caught.

Roll for Door 10
Athletics [dice:tgcu5qhy]64281:4[/dice:tgcu5qhy]
Wild [dice:tgcu5qhy]64281:5[/dice:tgcu5qhy]

Explodes [dice:tgcu5qhy]64281:6[/dice:tgcu5qhy]
With a little bit of work, Kaelin managed to get the door open far enough for her to slip in and she quickly said so. Making sure the door was closed behind her, she waited for a moment for her eyes to adjust to the interior of the warehouse before she went exploring again.
Main Account: Stormwell

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

To himself, Talis says, There are two presences, the first is Taint, the residue left by a profoundly dark event, the second is Wraith, after the Defel, those alien masters of hiding that can only be see by ultraviolet light. Taint is not a person, though a person caused it...rather it is warped place in the force, some place where the dark side was used strongly enough that it will be long before it returns to normal...if it can without help. Wraith is someone in hiding, someone who is using Taint as a cover to hide behind. Possibly someone like my Master.

When he is asked to move along, he does so without causing trouble, attracting attention now means easier recognition later. He just hopes the others have not drawn too much attention already.
OOC Comments
Attempting not to draw attention to himself:
Stealth [dice:5zf6217y]64379:0[/dice:5zf6217y], Wild Stealth [dice:5zf6217y]64379:1[/dice:5zf6217y]

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The militia with Isis and Kyrin scowled angrily before he threw the cuffs at the ground “get out of here you sick $&@%!” He pointed down the street and stared at them frustrated and obviously tired of them. Although as long as they left they would be able go off without a problem.

Chomps happily looked up at venc as his tail whipped back and forth almost gracefully. He still had the camera in his toothy grin. the screen scratched so badly it wouldn’t display any kind of data without a repair job. Although it wouldn’t be displaying anything while chomps still had it. The Nexu happily hoped up and pawed at his “mother’s” face before trotting off to begin another game of “catch me”

The inside of the warehouse was filled with row upon rows of tall shelves that had hundreds of dehydrated milk packages packed into crates. Kaelin could easily see the cameras that surveyed the inside. Currently it didn’t seem like any alarm had gone off so one their were no motion detectors and two none of the cameras had spotted her quite yet. However as soon as she took another step forwards she felt a deep feeling of danger and killer intent in the air. It was so thick she probably could have cut it with a cheese knife as every sense of self preservation she had went off uncontrollably, however there was nothing that she could see that could have actually been creating this feeling. (Thus fear check with a +1)

Talis who was already focusing somewhat on the force felt it flare up the exact moment that Kaelin crossed the threshold into its domain. It swirled and seemed to shriek as it coiled around her almost like it was trying to grab onto her very life force

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Rolls
Spirit Roll for Fear [dice:1naioqqh]64382:0[/dice:1naioqqh]
Wild [dice:1naioqqh]64382:1[/dice:1naioqqh]

Stealth [dice:1naioqqh]64382:2[/dice:1naioqqh]
Wild [dice:1naioqqh]64382:3[/dice:1naioqqh]

Grabbing Rations roll [dice:1naioqqh]64382:4[/dice:1naioqqh]

Re-roll [dice:1naioqqh]64382:5[/dice:1naioqqh]
Kaelin let out a grasp as the deep and foreboding sense of terror suddenly overcame her, yet there wasn't anything that could see. It was like a sixth sense going haywire, there was something here out of sight that was dredging up a primal fright within her. Whatever it was, she sure as heck didn't want to mess with it. She hurriedly grabbed some of the rations that could be shoved into her pockets and made to leave the warehouse, intending to retrace her steps.
Last edited by Kaelin on Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Main Account: Stormwell

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis jerks when the Taint takes notice of...well he can not tell from here what it took notice of but is sure is reacting to something! He quickly grabs his stomach and groans to explain the sudden jerk and complains, "I think something I ate did not agree very well with me."

Hopefully he is not attracting attention, but he has to assume he IS attracting attention, and do his best to minimize it.

He thinks, Taint is reactive, that is why Wraith was hiding so well. That means it may be a threat, if we have to approach it. We need to plan for that.
OOC Comments
Stealth [dice:1sohrnmo]64383:0[/dice:1sohrnmo], Wild Stealth [dice:1sohrnmo]64383:1[/dice:1sohrnmo] To try to appear non-threatening
Focus [dice:1sohrnmo]64383:2[/dice:1sohrnmo], Wild Focus [dice:1sohrnmo]64383:3[/dice:1sohrnmo] to see if the force reveals anything to him

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

[dice:2amnafpl]64384:0[/dice:2amnafpl]
[dice:2amnafpl]64384:1[/dice:2amnafpl]
[dice:2amnafpl]64384:2[/dice:2amnafpl]
[dice:2amnafpl]64384:3[/dice:2amnafpl]
[dice:2amnafpl]64384:4[/dice:2amnafpl]

User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

Taking the offered chance to be elsewhere, Kyrin and Isis make their way a couple of blocks before turning down a side street. As soon as they round the corner Kyrin breaks out in laughter. "That was great... the look on.. his face. He literally looked from your net gun, to you chest, back to the net gun, then to me and his eyes got all wide! Priceless!" After getting his amusement under control. And with the adrenalin from the con and the narrow escape (and let's be honest the kiss from a pretty woman) getting back to business was no easy task. "That was fun. We both need to work on our timing but I think we worked well off each other. Hopefully Chomps doesn't break my mobile. Either way, we know they are in no way messing around about security here." Maybe too much security he can't help but think. "I think we need to have a team palaver before we chat up snakey again. A couple of things aren't setting right for me. Shall we wait for them up the block from the Cut Throat?"
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Rations Warehouse
Day 1/Afternoon

“Aw, too bad. Your loss,” Isis told the man in uniform, blowing him a kiss and a wink. She sauntered off with Kyrin, a little more sway in her hips as they walked away, until they were around a corner, and she fell into laughter with Kyrin.

“Well, if he’s looking at my chest, he’s not looking at my face,” Isis pointed out. “Hopefully he won’t remember enough to connect things. We could wait for the others. But how is the security on the roof?” she wondered. “A couple jet packs. Or maybe a nearby high building and a zip line.” She looked around. “Most security never bothers looking up.”
Notice 4
Notice [dice:lbbd0xux]64439:0[/dice:lbbd0xux]
Wild [dice:lbbd0xux]64439:1[/dice:lbbd0xux]
***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Rolls
Notice [dice:3hkgn8fx]64452:0[/dice:3hkgn8fx]
Wild [dice:3hkgn8fx]64452:1[/dice:3hkgn8fx]

Explodes [dice:3hkgn8fx]64452:4[/dice:3hkgn8fx]

Stealth [dice:3hkgn8fx]64452:2[/dice:3hkgn8fx]
Wild [dice:3hkgn8fx]64452:3[/dice:3hkgn8fx]
Kaelin retraced her steps, heading back to the loading bay door she'd used to get in and this time had the advantage of having the door control to use. Getting out was going to be tricky, so she decided to open both loading bay doors to provide a distraction and also open up her escape route. As the doors opened she good a good view of the compound outside and, more importantly, the positions of the guards. She would be able to keep an eye on them, see where they were heading and thus avoid crossing their path as she worked her way back to where she'd entered the compound.

As the doors opened, she waited for an opportunity to hopefully try and slip out unnoticed before moving. When she saw such a chance, she took at the guards came to investigate the open door. She took great care moving through the compound, always double checking where the patrolling clone troopers were. At last she reached the wall where she'd originally gained entry to the compound.

Roll For Wall
Athletics [dice:3hkgn8fx]64452:5[/dice:3hkgn8fx]
Wild [dice:3hkgn8fx]64452:6[/dice:3hkgn8fx]
Main Account: Stormwell

User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

It is not entirely certain who finds who but Venc and Chomps come upon each other at the same time.

Venc recognizing the digital as belonging @Kyrin Brand opens his hand below Chomps mouth, signalling for the Nexu kitten to drop the digital.

Once the exchange is made, Venc stands back up, pats his left shoulder and Chomps obliges by climbing up and settling himself across Venc's shoulders.

Scratching the cat's head Venc walks away towards Slim's. Security is pretty tight here. Will need to make sure certain questions are asked.

The others will find Venc back under the tree outside Slim's place.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Some of the weaker willed militia suddenly swarmed towards Talis, their blasters raised and aimed at him. Most of them stared at the child with blank faces as others watched confused and baffled. One of them finally moved forward with a pair of handcuffs in their hands

Isis meanwhile noticed it didn’t appear that anyone had set anything up for defense directly up. The majority of the defenses seemed to be designed to stop rioters as opposed to stopping arial attacks thus the roof was clear but getting up there seemed like it might be more difficult as the majority of the buildings were the same height or shorter

Unknown to kryin the militia man was putting through paper work that would ,despite be difficult to finalize, would make going into school zones very difficult in the future. While not technical correct the militia had loose morals anyways

Kaelin meanwhile was able to hear an conversation between two clones as she went out.
Clone 1 “so what are we doing”
Clone 2 “we’re making sure the record light is still working on the camera.”
Clone 1 “but it’s not”
Clone 2 “yes but only we know that”
Clone 1 “but the light’s on when it’s not suppose to be”
Clone 2 “yes because we rigged it that way”
Clone 1 “but why?”
Clone 2 “you know what just down worry about it Carl.”

Chomps now denied his newest chew toy began to gnaw against the edge of venc’s shoulder plate.

(If anyone is not waiting to meet slim again let me know and I’ll add his greeting to this.)

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Kaelin's interest was piqued, though she made a mental note of the Clones' curious conversation. It did raise the question why the security system, if what the Clones had said, were fake. Was the place rigged? Were the Clones in on the heist on the other team's behalf?

There certainly appeared to be more going on here than met the eye.

With little else to go on, Kaelin made her way back to Slim's place in order to try and meet up with the rest of the team. She arrived sometime later to find Venc, and his cat...thing, already waiting. She walked over to him, pulling out one of the ration packs she'd 'liberated', and asked. "Hey big guy, hungry?"
Main Account: Stormwell

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis tries to reach out through the force, to see if he can learn more, but the Taint reacts. The local Militia seems confused and angry, probably afflicted by the Dark Side.

Under the circumstances, being outnumbered and not actually wanting to harm those who are attacking, escape would seem the logical response. Preferably in a way that does not lead the trouble into his allies.

Talis looks for an exit. He decides to run towards the clones, if he thinks there is room, he will run through them, and once close to them he will use the force to stir up a cloud of dust to make targeting him difficult.
OOC Comments
Actions: Run towards the clone troopers, look for opening, stir up dust with Elemental Manipulation, vanish/hide during the confusion
Notice: [dice:32682lu2]64492:0[/dice:32682lu2], Wild Notice: [dice:32682lu2]64492:1[/dice:32682lu2], WN Ace [dice:32682lu2]64492:6[/dice:32682lu2]
Focus: [dice:32682lu2]64492:2[/dice:32682lu2], Wild Focus: [dice:32682lu2]64492:3[/dice:32682lu2]
Stealth: [dice:32682lu2]64492:4[/dice:32682lu2], Wild Stealth: [dice:32682lu2]64492:5[/dice:32682lu2], Stealth Ace [dice:32682lu2]64492:7[/dice:32682lu2]
Locating what looks like a viable exit/hiding place, Talis stirs up some dust and ducks out of sight. To most, it will seem as if he vanished in a cloud of dust. While it will probably be rather memorable, at least he should be safe, for now.

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Rations Warehouse
Day 1/Afternoon

The roof looked promising, but the question was getting up onto it. None of the buildings would allow a zipline. Jetpacks could work, but might be too noisy. If they could quick get over the wall and get a line up to the room, that might be the best bet. It would put them above the entire security system, including the clones and militia. Heading back to Slim’s bar, Isis was already running through her head possible schematics of devices that might prove useful.

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

While Isis was scanning rooftops for ways in Kyrin kept his attention on the streets and alleyways around them. Both for navigation reasons and to try and spot any street people in the neighborhood of the depot he could hit up later and establishment the local militia may frequent in off hours.
notice
notice [dice:3r5bz8xm]64636:0[/dice:3r5bz8xm]
Wild [dice:3r5bz8xm]64636:1[/dice:3r5bz8xm]
As they approach their potential employers bar he spots Venc and Kaelin, and heads that way. @Vencuyanir "Nice play, but give me a bit more time in the future. I think we could have flipped that around, I was half counting on getting harrassed."
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Kyrin Brand wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:07 pm
As they approach their potential employers bar he spots Venc and Kaelin, and heads that way. @Vencuyanir "Nice play, but give me a bit more time in the future. I think we could have flipped that around, I was half counting on getting harrassed."
"Here," Kaelin said as Kyrin approached and threw him a ration pack. "Tuck in."

"Don't worry, plenty more where that came from."
Main Account: Stormwell

User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Venc had waited for the others to show up. All the while he had been observing those coming and going from Slim's and evaluating the town itself.

"If I were to stash a large supply of rations, where would I put it?"

As the others start filtering back to Slim's, Venc motions to a more secure and less observable position.
Kaelin wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:49 pm
Kaelin's interest was piqued, though she made a mental note of the Clones' curious conversation. It did raise the question why the security system, if what the Clones had said, were fake. Was the place rigged? Were the Clones in on the heist on the other team's behalf?

There certainly appeared to be more going on here than met the eye.

With little else to go on, Kaelin made her way back to Slim's place in order to try and meet up with the rest of the team. She arrived sometime later to find Venc, and his cat...thing, already waiting. She walked over to him, pulling out one of the ration packs she'd 'liberated', and asked. "Hey big guy, hungry?"
Venc accepts the ration pack but does not open it. He hefts it in his hands trying to calculate how many would be shipped 4 foot square pallet. While he is mulling over the stacking issue, the weight of a pallet comes to mind as well.
Kyrin Brand wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:07 pm
While Isis was scanning rooftops for ways in Kyrin kept his attention on the streets and alleyways around them. Both for navigation reasons and to try and spot any street people in the neighborhood of the depot he could hit up later and establishment the local militia may frequent in off hours.
notice
notice [dice:13s2evjq]64636:0[/dice:13s2evjq]
Wild [dice:13s2evjq]64636:1[/dice:13s2evjq]
As they approach their potential employers bar he spots Venc and Kaelin, and heads that way. @Vencuyanir "Nice play, but give me a bit more time in the future. I think we could have flipped that around, I was half counting on getting harrassed."
Venc actually smiles. "I know how much you like getting harrassed by good looking women." He eyes @Isis Netaxi.

He tosses the digital device towards @Kyrin Brand, "The red light has been on the entire time. Maybe it was recording something. Disregard the slobber and the bite marks."

Noticing a fifth figure for the first time @Talis, "Has the kid been a part of this thing, all along?"

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

As Talis tried to disappear the militia quickly fired pot shots at the fleeing Padawan
OOC Comments
Militia 1
[dice:3ijg6xr0]64673:0[/dice:3ijg6xr0]
Ace [dice:3ijg6xr0]64673:4[/dice:3ijg6xr0]
Militia 2
[dice:3ijg6xr0]64673:1[/dice:3ijg6xr0]
Militia 3
[dice:3ijg6xr0]64673:2[/dice:3ijg6xr0]
Militia 4
[dice:3ijg6xr0]64673:3[/dice:3ijg6xr0]
Although firing into a crowded street probably wasn’t the best idea. Passerby's screamed and slumped over as they were struck with the stun bolts of the blasters. The clones then quickly ran up and tried to figure out what was going on. Which then lead to a confrontation Talis couldn’t see the specifics of. However he could see that it had ended with the clones firing stun bolts into the weaker willed militia men.

Isis could easily remember that Slim was a fence and if they could convince him, he could probably give them jet packs on loan. Although there would be a question of their quality.

As kyrin watched for street people it became quickly apparent that Finding said street people would be particularly easy as they were everywhere, however trying to find someone who might know something with worth would be like trying to find a needle in a hay stack, although less like a needle and more like a slightly discolored hay in a hay stack.

In the event that venc asked Kaelin she could have told them the rations were packed in 2x2x3 boxes with about 150 in each box. They were only loaded 6 on each pallet for some reason, it could have been due to weight, theft prevention, packing restrictions or any other reason one could think of.

Venc while handling the pack could tell that they must have packed a lot of calories or nutrients into these rations as they felt like they were about 2 pounds despite being so small. Chomps was already bored however and again tried to go for the device only for Venc to hand it off to Kyrin which seemed to warrant a strange yelp/meow from the feline

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis was unharmed, though one of the blaster bolts came close. He had figured that keeping between the militia and the clones would lead the militia into firing at the clones if they missed him, prompting a like response. He was not sure if his scheme worked, but there was some fire from the clones that distracted militia attention from him so he could make his escape.

He made his way back to the rendezvous point, Now to figure out what to tell the others, he thought.

Talis tells the others, "I grew up around a prison, something is not right here. The way this place is arranged, it is almost like they are trying to keep something IN, not just something out."

That is entirely honest, and does not give anything away that matters about Talis himself.

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Talis wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:45 am
Talis tells the others, "I grew up around a prison, something is not right here. The way this place is arranged, it is almost like they are trying to keep something IN, not just something out."
"Ye might be onta something." Replies Kaelin. "I sneaked inta the warehouse and grabbed a few ration packs to whet Slim's appetite."

"Whilst I was in there I felt the presence o'....something." She added. "Plus I overheard the Clones talking 'bouts the security cams being fake."
Main Account: Stormwell

User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

Vencuyanir wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:58 am

Venc actually smiles. "I know how much you like getting harrassed by good looking women." He eyes Isis Netaxi.

He tosses the digital device towards Kyrin Brand, "The red light has been on the entire time. Maybe it was recording something. Disregard the slobber and the bite marks."

Noticing a fifth figure for the first time Talis, "Has the kid been a part of this thing, all along?"
Chuckling at his friends dig he replies, "True, but unlike the time in Port Atheros it was actually the guards I wanted doing the harassing. They're pretty on edge, might have let something slip." Taking the mobile Kyrin wipes off the drool and examines the damage before flicking it on. He gives the kitten on Vencs shoulder a glare and holds the mobile in it's face. "No chewing dude, we talked about this. No claws and no chewing, and you can play the game." Pulling it back to avoid a grab by the playful critter. "Yeah the kid's with us too. Moves like he's decent with that blade
Kaelin wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:25 pm
Talis wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:45 am
Talis tells the others, "I grew up around a prison, something is not right here. The way this place is arranged, it is almost like they are trying to keep something IN, not just something out."
"Ye might be onta something." Replies Kaelin. "I sneaked inta the warehouse and grabbed a few ration packs to whet Slim's appetite."

"Whilst I was in there I felt the presence o'....something." She added. "Plus I overheard the Clones talking 'bouts the security cams being fake."
At the talk of sensing a presence Kyrin gives Kaelin the side-eye for a second before commenting on the target. "Hmm, I kinda had the feeling there's more going on in that building myself. Our competition didn't bring in something or someone from off world to steal rations, too much cost for the return. Then there was the level of security and their demeanor, that's a lot of troops who are pretty worked up for a ration warehouse." Tearing open the rations wrapping, Kyrin takes a small bite and continues. "Not sure Slim is even in the know if there is another prize in there. Probably just a video of nexxu uvula, but let's see if this got anything useful." He hit's play on the video.
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Rations Warehouse
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis got a round of drinks at the bar for everyone, and settled into a seat, sticking her tongue out at Venc’s good-natured teasing. “Roof access looks good,” she said, “if we can somehow get up there. Maybe get some jetpacks, or jump the wall and get a line up there. If the security system is really a dummy system, that’s even better. Kaelin was in there. Did she see anything else besides the rations that would have needed that many guards? What else would be there?” She paused, considering. “We could also go in from the bottom, if we could get some subsystem plans and see what’s under the building. Or there’s the option of posing as delivery pick up. We would need a truck, uniforms, and fake paperwork.”

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

"There was a sudden, deep and foreboding sense o' terror when I was poking round the warehouse." Kaelin said. "Though didn't actually see anything in there that could've caused it."

Kaelin went onto describe her trip into the compound and the warehouse, detailing best she could of what she remembered of the layout and what she'd encountered. Something else popped to her mind as she finished. "Oh, there was also some totem thing I came across not far from the compound. Dunno if there's any connection."
Main Account: Stormwell

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis frowned, "A totem? I would be interested in taking a closer look at that. It may be relevant."

Talis considered, My master said something about areas and items strong in the force...though figuring out what he meant by what he said is something I am still working on. Taint could easily be associated with that totem, if I understand how it works.

He commented, "Would an ascension gun be able to throw a line up there from someplace nearby?"

He thinks, I might be able to get a line up there using the Force, but best not speak about that. Not sure how Taint would react to me trying either.

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

As Caelin described her experience in the warehouse, Isis shook her head. “That was probably just nerves,” she reassured the other woman. “It’s natural. You were alone in there.”

She looked over at Talis. “The warehouse is taller than the buildings around it,” she said. “But if we got over the wall, then certainly we could use an ascension gun to get up to the roof of the building.”

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The video plays back as Kyrin hits the button. However due to the damage to it, it wasn’t at all a clear picture
OOC Comments
I’m gonna rule this as successes on the Notice checks will give you an vague idea of what’s important, a raise will give you exactly what it is but I’d prefer if your characters acted as though they are not 100% sure thats what they saw. Also point out what you want to look into more than the portions because there’s actually a lot to unpack from this.
Although one could clearly see what was the Militiaman’s hand right before the device was snatched away. Next it showed the vague shape of a clone swatting a weird looking stick at chomps. However the Nexu was too quick and the stick smacked into the clone’s comrade instead. As soon as it made contact did something that’s hard to make out.

Chomps then continued into the crowd before it stoped at the feet of a hooded figure who gladly scratched away at the feline’s ears there was something about their face and something at their side. However it flew by as the figure pointed Chomps towards the alleyway, and he happily obliged.

Chomps lays down in the dirt of the alleyway before suddenly his ears perked up and he rushes off towards the strange sound he heard. What the camera saw next was unmistakeable, but hard to believe. It showed a figure with a b1 battle droid’s head, although it seemed to be redone or jury rigged in some way that was hard to make out. Then it began to speak and the recording barely picked it up.

“Recon actual, Rec-cshsheh-ow copy?..shhhhshehehsh-*pop*-seeee-roger actual-*more distorted noises*-isual on possible opposition re-*noises for longer than the others* roger roger, may the force be with you-wait? What the.” The droid was obviously looking at the Nexu before the cat leapt onto its face prompting a scream from the droid as chomps pawed away at it’s face. Suddenly however chomps heard venc’s call and finally ran off towards him.

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Isis Netaxi wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:29 am
As Caelin described her experience in the warehouse, Isis shook her head. “That was probably just nerves,” she reassured the other woman. “It’s natural. You were alone in there.”
"Lady," Kaelin said, giving Isis an unamused look. "Gotten inta plenty o' places I shouldn't have done and that's never been an issue."

"There's something...else in that warehouse, not sure wot but I swear it's there."
Main Account: Stormwell

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Talis’s altercation actually gave a good indication to the response the local clone garrisons gave to events at the ration station. Although the group had already left.
Notice
OOC Comments
you can hear the sounds of clone speeders coming from the general direction of where you had come from, it’s just an assumption however (unless you raise, than you know for a fact)
Kaelin could still feel a fraction of the danger she sense in the warehouse, it was like it was lingering seemingly just behind her. Although it was impossible to tell if it really had a hold on her or if it was merely intent on bothering her, or is it?
Spirit with a raise because she is untrained in the force Talis can make a normal focus check.
OOC Comments
Kaelin (or Talis) after a moment can eventually realize that the “taint” doesn’t seem to have much power here but does seem to be tracking Kaelin intently. Additionally through the force they can hear vague whispers that seem to be in an ancient language that may or may not sound familiar to Kaelin. Occult check
Kyrin could easily tell the recording could be fixed but each portion would take time, thus he would have to focus on some portions more than others to get solid intel

In the event that isis watches the video she would get a +1 to notice checks regarding the robot at the end
OOC Comments
Isis can easily see that while there are a lot of sep
Battle droid parts on it they seem mostly like battle field scrap welded together rather than one of the Sep’s droids
Finally a notice check for everyone.
OOC Comments
There’s been a small figure who’s been standing just past the corner for a while now, they are in a space suit seemingly Designed for a human child, but the visor is blacked out

User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

One Notice to Rule Them All, Notice 7
Alertness +2
  • Notice (1d6) [dice:2a6pztra]65137:0[/dice:2a6pztra]
    Wild (1d6) [dice:2a6pztra]65137:1[/dice:2a6pztra]
"Sounds like there is some speeder activity coming from the ration station."

"Who tipped off security to our location?"

Noticing the small space-flight suited individual, Venc looks at Chomps, "Catch. Don't eat." When he is certain that the Nexu's response conveys understanding, he motions for Chomps to take down his newest prey.

Venc to Persuade Chomps
  • Persuasion (1d4) [dice:2a6pztra]65137:4[/dice:2a6pztra]
    Aced! Persuasion (1d4+4) [dice:2a6pztra]65137:6[/dice:2a6pztra]
    Wild (1d6) [dice:2a6pztra]65137:5[/dice:2a6pztra]
Chomps to go After Space-Suit Kid
  • Athletics (1d10) [dice:2a6pztra]65137:2[/dice:2a6pztra]
    Wild (1d6) [dice:2a6pztra]65137:3[/dice:2a6pztra]
Last edited by Vencuyanir on Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:10 am, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Rolls
Notice [dice:3isk5krf]65142:0[/dice:3isk5krf]
Wild [dice:3isk5krf]65142:1[/dice:3isk5krf]

Spirit [dice:3isk5krf]65142:2[/dice:3isk5krf]
Wild [dice:3isk5krf]65142:3[/dice:3isk5krf]
Wild Explodes [dice:3isk5krf]65142:4[/dice:3isk5krf]
Kaelin heard the chorus of noise from, she presumed, the direction of the ration station. She didn't think what passed for security round here was headed in their direction, but it was too uncertain to tell.

"Probably best ta get o' the street." She suggested, though she still had a sense of unease. Could it have been a lingering sense of what she'd experienced in the warehouse making her more anxious than she should've been?

Her thoughts were interrupted by Venc calling something out to his...pet, which brought Kaelin's attention back to the here and now allowing her to glimpse a small figure lurking round a corner.
Main Account: Stormwell

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

OOC Comments
Notice: [dice:1xorcml3]65190:0[/dice:1xorcml3] Wild Notice: [dice:1xorcml3]65190:1[/dice:1xorcml3] (To notice speeder direction) 1 success
Focus: [dice:1xorcml3]65190:2[/dice:1xorcml3], Wild Focus: [dice:1xorcml3]65190:3[/dice:1xorcml3]
Notice: [dice:1xorcml3]65190:4[/dice:1xorcml3], Wild Notice: [dice:1xorcml3]65190:5[/dice:1xorcml3], Notice Ace [dice:1xorcml3]65190:6[/dice:1xorcml3] 1 raise
Talis hears the Speeder Bikes, and assumes they are from the area of the depot. He thinks, I am not sure if it was me, of the Militia shooting, but the sure seem riled up.

Tali comments, "The Militia seemed to take a dislike to me, I ran towards the Clones, figuring they would stop firing rather than risk hitting them. They did not and there was a bit of shooting between the two groups. I think the speeders are there because of that. Quite possibly it can tell us a lot about the clone responses to trouble."

He observes the small figure, but another reacts to it first.

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Notice 8
Notice [dice:3gl66d7e]65242:0[/dice:3gl66d7e]
Wild [dice:3gl66d7e]65242:1[/dice:3gl66d7e]
Ace [dice:3gl66d7e]65242:2[/dice:3gl66d7e]
Alsokul/Tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis watched the video from Chomps and frowned. “That’s a battle droid,” she said. “My dad worked on them. We rebuilt a couple together after the battle on Onderon while he was recovering. We built stuff like that. Scrap droids.”

Then Isis heard it. She tilted her head to listen. “Speeders,” she told the others. “Coming this way, and from the direction we just came.” She glanced over to the corner and spotted someone in a small space suit with the visor down, obscuring their face.

“I think we might have company,” Isis whispered to the others. Venc sent his nexu after it, so Isis decided to try and slip around the buildings and come up behind it to cut off the being from running.

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

Notice
Notice [dice:2uophz9v]65280:0[/dice:2uophz9v]
Wild [dice:2uophz9v]65280:1[/dice:2uophz9v]
He looks up at the vids end to the sound of the speeders. "I can probably clean this up some, but I'm thinking now is not the time." With Venc and Isis breaking for their tail, Kyrin sticks around instead of heading for the relative safety of the run down bar. Looking to Kaelin and Talis, "Kid get scarce, Kaelin we may have to play decoy if the clones stop here." Scooping up a couple of opaque discarded bottle of rotgut and he hands one to the rogue scientist. "I wouldn't actually touch it to my lips but, yeah. Act chatty."
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Isis’s athletics 8
OOC Comments
[dice:2l23fkrz]65298:0[/dice:2l23fkrz]
[dice:2l23fkrz]65298:1[/dice:2l23fkrz]
Ace
[dice:2l23fkrz]65298:2[/dice:2l23fkrz]
Note: Since there’s no benefit or raising any more I’m gonna leave it at that
Isis easily manages to head off their tail. This could have been attributed to skill, or this could have been attributed to chomps distracting the target. Chomps must have only heard eat from Venc because he quickly put a large bite into the figure’s arm. This prompted a muffled scream as the figure ran off directly into Isis.

It should maybe be noted that there may or may not be a reason they are wearing this suit and one might want to be careful in handling them or they may not be able to interrogate them.

Suddenly an ambulance and a prisoner transport speeder started to come from down the street. initially they seemed like they were going to pass but suddenly one of the clones guards riding the prisoner transport locked his eyes on Kaelin. Then just as quickly he stood up and moved towards her. But then he reached the edge of the speeder and fell off before slamming hard into the ground. The prisoner transport than halted as the ambulance continued on

Clone driver “what was that?”
Clone gunner “I don’t know he just walked off!” The gunner quickly hoped off before moving to the fallen clone
Fallen clone “what happened?”
Clone gunner “I don’t know why don’t you tell me?”
Fallen clone “I looked at someone, I thought I saw...a monster around them and then everything went blank”

A force check can be made to understand what’s going on, but it is raise worthy even for someone trained in the force, thus it would require two raises on a spirit test. To retain mystery I’m not actually putting the explanation in the event no one passes the check

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Force Check 5
Spirit [dice:2w3uf2y4]65302:0[/dice:2w3uf2y4]
Wild [dice:2w3uf2y4]65302:1[/dice:2w3uf2y4]
It appeared that Chomps and Isis had things in hand tackling the minute figure who'd been observing the group, so Kaelin just hung around waited for the others to be ready to head back to the bar where Slim was waiting. Whilst she stood waiting, a convoy manned by Clone Troopers drove past but thankfully didn't pay the group much heed. Then unexpectedly one of the Clone Troopers stepped off one of the vehicles and fell face first into the dirt, despite his helmet Kaelin knew the Clone was looking at her. She couldn't quite explain it, but the presence she'd felt in the warehouse she could feel faintly round her. What more, she also felt a connection to the Clone Troopers and feel that he was being compelled.

Kaelin shuddered involuntarily, wondering whether she should say something to the rest of the group.
Main Account: Stormwell

User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Force What?
Unskilled -2
Force/Focus (1d4) [dice:3hvco09x]65347:0[/dice:3hvco09x]
Wild (1d6) [dice:3hvco09x]65347:1[/dice:3hvco09x]
Padawan_GM1 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:11 pm
As Talis tried to disappear the militia quickly fired pot shots at the fleeing Padawan
OOC Comments
Militia 1
[dice:3hvco09x]64673:0[/dice:3hvco09x]
Ace [dice:3hvco09x]64673:4[/dice:3hvco09x]
Militia 2
[dice:3hvco09x]64673:1[/dice:3hvco09x]
Militia 3
[dice:3hvco09x]64673:2[/dice:3hvco09x]
Militia 4
[dice:3hvco09x]64673:3[/dice:3hvco09x]
Although firing into a crowded street probably wasn’t the best idea. Passerby's screamed and slumped over as they were struck with the stun bolts of the blasters. The clones then quickly ran up and tried to figure out what was going on. Which then lead to a confrontation Talis couldn’t see the specifics of. However he could see that it had ended with the clones firing stun bolts into the weaker willed militia men.

Isis could easily remember that Slim was a fence and if they could convince him, he could probably give them jet packs on loan. Although there would be a question of their quality.

As kyrin watched for street people it became quickly apparent that Finding said street people would be particularly easy as they were everywhere, however trying to find someone who might know something with worth would be like trying to find a needle in a hay stack, although less like a needle and more like a slightly discolored hay in a hay stack.

In the event that venc asked Kaelin she could have told them the rations were packed in 2x2x3 boxes with about 150 in each box. They were only loaded 6 on each pallet for some reason, it could have been due to weight, theft prevention, packing restrictions or any other reason one could think of.

Venc while handling the pack could tell that they must have packed a lot of calories or nutrients into these rations as they felt like they were about 2 pounds despite being so small. Chomps was already bored however and again tried to go for the device only for Venc to hand it off to Kyrin which seemed to warrant a strange yelp/meow from the feline
Venc recalled having heared some gunfire.

"Was there an exchange? Was somebody being shot at? Were there casualties?"

"We may have a second opportunity inside if the casualities are tieing up the militia and clones."

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis responds to Venc, "I did not stick round to see if anyone was hurt, though there were shots fired by the Clones at the Militia I am not sure if the Militia actually fired at them."

It does not count as an exchange of only the clones fired, right? Thinks Talis.

As the troop transport and the ambulance arrive, Talis attempts to follow directions and make himself scarce.
OOC Comments
Focus: [dice:hokz0ljl]65526:0[/dice:hokz0ljl], Wild Focus: [dice:hokz0ljl]65526:1[/dice:hokz0ljl], Focus Ace [dice:hokz0ljl]65526:4[/dice:hokz0ljl]
Stealth: [dice:hokz0ljl]65526:2[/dice:hokz0ljl], Wild Stealth [dice:hokz0ljl]65526:3[/dice:hokz0ljl]m WS Ace [dice:hokz0ljl]65526:5[/dice:hokz0ljl]

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Alley near tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis aimed her blaster at the small creature caught by Chomps. “Now why don’t we all slip back into this alley here and you can tell me what you’re doing spying on us,” she said, dragging the man and Chomps back as the clone troopers and ambulance whizzed down the street, stopping as one of the troopers...fell off?

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

Padawan_GM1 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:36 pm


Suddenly an ambulance and a prisoner transport speeder started to come from down the street. initially they seemed like they were going to pass but suddenly one of the clones guards riding the prisoner transport locked his eyes on Kaelin. Then just as quickly he stood up and moved towards her. But then he reached the edge of the speeder and fell off before slamming hard into the ground. The prisoner transport than halted as the ambulance continued on

Clone driver “what was that?”
Clone gunner “I don’t know he just walked off!” The gunner quickly hoped off before moving to the fallen clone
Fallen clone “what happened?”
Clone gunner “I don’t know why don’t you tell me?”
Fallen clone “I looked at someone, I thought I saw...a monster around them and then everything went blank”

A force check can be made to understand what’s going on, but it is raise worthy even for someone trained in the force, thus it would require two raises on a spirit test. To retain mystery I’m not actually putting the explanation in the event no one passes the check
Notice
Notice [dice:3870vtfm]65730:0[/dice:3870vtfm]
Wild [dice:3870vtfm]65730:1[/dice:3870vtfm]
Looking on this odd spectacle from their vantage point Kyrin is first stupefied, then amused when the guard takes his header into the street. "Ha! That was some weird gull drek. What was he thinking?" He's so perplexed by the activity of the troopers he can focus on little else for a few moments.
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Venc Suddenly had his gazed dragged over to look at Kaelin. Coiling around her was a large red serpent like creature shrouded in a dark mist. It’s large golden eyes staring directly into his as it started to force its will into the mandalorian. Venc felt something drain from him before everything went black.

Kaelin mere moments later felt the tight grip of her allies hand on her upper arm. Venc seemingly not under his own control turn her to face him before it began to speak in an ancient language that Kaelin could in theory understand

“ hjálpaðu mér vinsamlegast, ég er fastur í fræbelgnum mínum.“

Occult check or similar skills can substitute for a -1 to the roll
OOC Comments
The language that Venc was speaking perfectly fluently was the ancient language of the sith species. Kaelin would have studied it, but rarely spoke it and thus was only able to make out that fræbelgnum meant something similar to “pod”, and hjálpaðu meant “help”
Upon raise I’ll pm you what language I used in google translate

Then without warning Venc turned and began to drag them both towards the warehouse. However they were lucky enough that Venc in this state couldn’t see the trash can right in front of him, causing him to barrel over it. Which was then followed by him slamming into the ground

Even as Talis was leaving it was easy for him to see the taint was still clinging to Kaelin and attempted again to control someone through the force, this time Venc was on the receiving end. He could also easily see that as the taint dragged the two of them into something. it despite this continued on not realizing the other two got left behind due to their physical forms.

As isis dragged the figure there was the sudden sound of depressurization as the suit went limb and empty in her hands. The left boot then shot off and ,whatever filled the suit shot, off with it in a blur of blue. Strangely it flew across the street before quickly flattening against a wall.
Vigor check to determine how dazed they end up being
[dice:2ej1ykhw]65732:0[/dice:2ej1ykhw]
[dice:2ej1ykhw]65732:1[/dice:2ej1ykhw]
The strange creature despite its best efforts and the throughly inventive idea likely wouldn’t be getting much farther as it slowly started to peel off the wall only to slump onto the ground below

It was almost a miracle that kryin didn’t notice the human size ball of slim that flew a mere foot from his head as it was being powered by its own force and aided by atmospheric difference

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Rolls
Occult [dice:1mgior0j]65752:0[/dice:1mgior0j]
Wild [dice:1mgior0j]65752:1[/dice:1mgior0j]

Occult explodes [dice:1mgior0j]65752:2[/dice:1mgior0j]
Explodes again [dice:1mgior0j]65752:3[/dice:1mgior0j]
Kaelin was surprised when Venc grabbed her arm and spun her around, even more so when he started speaking in a language that probably hadn't been spoken for centuries if not millennia. There was a strong possibility that it may be the same entity underneath the warehouse, seemingly asking for...help?

Aside from Venc's procession, the most disconcerting part was that Kaelin was pretty certain that the language spoken was used by the ancient Sith. All the stories she'd heard had led her to understand that a Sith was the last person in the galaxy you wanted to help.
Main Account: Stormwell

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Alley near tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis blinked in surprise as the suit suddenly deflated and a big blob of blue slime splotched against a wall. “What in the stars!” she exclaimed. Carefully she approached the slife, blaster ready. “What are you?”

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

Common Knowledge
CK [dice:3egttds5]65868:0[/dice:3egttds5]
Wild [dice:3egttds5]65868:1[/dice:3egttds5] (Oops mistyped the modifier, corrected on ace roll) Ace [dice:3egttds5]65868:2[/dice:3egttds5]
Padawan_GM1 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:43 am
Venc Suddenly had his gazed dragged over to look at Kaelin. Coiling around her was a large red serpent like creature shrouded in a dark mist. It’s large golden eyes staring directly into his as it started to force its will into the mandalorian. Venc felt something drain from him before everything went black.

Kaelin mere moments later felt the tight grip of her allies hand on her upper arm. Venc seemingly not under his own control turn her to face him before it began to speak in an ancient language that Kaelin could in theory understand

“ hjálpaðu mér vinsamlegast, ég er fastur í fræbelgnum mínum.“

Then without warning Venc turned and began to drag them both towards the warehouse. However they were lucky enough that Venc in this state couldn’t see the trash can right in front of him, causing him to barrel over it. Which was then followed by him slamming into the ground.
Kyrin's attention quickly snaps to Venc when the man begins speaking in Sith. The Wroonians eyes are wide and his skin noticeably pales. "what the hells.." he mutters under his breath. He moves to his friend but at first seems hesitant to touch the stricken Mandolorian, but it only lasts a second then Kyrin lifts Venc to his feet and in a loud slurred voice declares "Haha, you're wasted buddy! Com'mon, ya gonna let her drink you under man?"

I must have heard him wrong he lies to himself, but the more analytical part of his mind counters with the question of why Venc was trying to lead Kaelin off. A ploy to throw off the guards? but he doesn't believe that. He saw his friends eyes and knew who or whatever that was, it was not Venc.

Coming to grips with that, if only tenuously, and the fact whatever it was may still be there, Kyrin gets ready to feign a drunken brawl. If Venc is still possessed knocking him out may become necessary.
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis is too far away to hear what is said, but sees the Force energy channeled through Kaelin to Venc, who then acts strangely and then trips over a refuse container while trying to pull Kaelin to somewhere.

He remains out of sight while trying to see if the Troopers are still there. Once he is fairly certain they are gone, he will come out of hiding.
OOC Comments
Not sure if I need any rolls. In case I do:
Focus [dice:2hngll9b]65967:0[/dice:2hngll9b], Wild Focus [dice:2hngll9b]65967:1[/dice:2hngll9b]
Stealth [dice:2hngll9b]65967:2[/dice:2hngll9b], Wild Stealth [dice:2hngll9b]65967:3[/dice:2hngll9b]
Notice [dice:2hngll9b]65967:4[/dice:2hngll9b], Wild Notice [dice:2hngll9b]65967:5[/dice:2hngll9b]
Hopefully I do NOT need the stealth roll.

User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

  • Distracted -2
    Language (1d6) [dice:18mbagfn]66090:0[/dice:18mbagfn]
    Wild (1d6) [dice:18mbagfn]66090:1[/dice:18mbagfn]
Venc is so distracted that he does not see the trooper fall off nor does he recall anything that he supposedly said.

He is quite startled when @Kyrin Brand helps him up and even more confused at to why @Kaelin is rubbiung her upper arm and staring at him.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The clones saw the object fly across the street and quickly picked up their comrade before climbing into the transport. The turret gunner gave a burst of three warning shots into a wall in the vague direction the shape shot from before he began to provide over watch. Once loaded they seemed intent on not wanting to get boxed in here and Thus both the speeders tore off down the street. There was initial panic and surprise as the weapon fired but it quickly subsided as it was merely common place here.

The presence of the taint quickly dwindled as it retreated back towards the warehouse. Things quickly felt much safer although that feeling could have been an illusion as well.

The blue slime mean while was staring up dazed at Isis. Despite having gone through a small hole the creature was still relatively large, actually larger than the suit now, it was also still formed to its previous container. Four limbs with a large dome shaped head. It finally looked up and held up it’s hands in surrender “wait! Don’t shoot, I can explain!” Suddenly it flung its self through the legs of a near by alien being before breaking into a scuttled down the street.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

The creature seems almost like one of the amorphous creatures that do blob racing on...Talis forgets the planet, he only remembers some guards betting on a blobastacle course race once. This one seems to be a thinking creature though, those are supposed to be mere animals.

Well, the thing to do is try to get in front of it and convince it to stop. It being fluid, not solid, grabbing it might not be possible. Perhaps it can be made to listen to reason.

He says, "We do not want to hurt you, stop and tell us what you want."
OOC Comments
Athletics [dice:1jq0gzee]66258:0[/dice:1jq0gzee], Wild Athletics [dice:1jq0gzee]66258:1[/dice:1jq0gzee], WA Ace [dice:1jq0gzee]66258:4[/dice:1jq0gzee] To get in front of the slime creature
Persuade [dice:1jq0gzee]66258:2[/dice:1jq0gzee], Wild Persuade [dice:1jq0gzee]66258:3[/dice:1jq0gzee]

User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Vemc is confused and a bit uncertain of the situation. He calls for Chomps but Chomps is after the blue sludge thing, happy for the chase.

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Weird Science 7; blob should be Entangled, unable to move and Distracted
Weird Science [dice:3c50395q]66306:0[/dice:3c50395q]
Wild [dice:3c50395q]66306:1[/dice:3c50395q]
Alsokul/Alley near tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

“Bloody hell!” Isis grumbled as the thing tried to scuttle off. She activated one of her wrist gauntlets and fired out a net of energy to try and entangle the blue blob.

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Kaelin rubbed her arm as she warily kept an eye on Venc.

"That ye under yer helmet again?" She called out. "Not gonna weird out again are ya?"
Main Account: Stormwell

User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

Kaelin wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:39 pm
Kaelin rubbed her arm as she warily kept an eye on Venc.

"That ye under yer helmet again?" She called out. "Not gonna weird out again are ya?"
"I second her concern, you alright sovro*? You ever break out in the cursed tongue before?" As he's talking to Venc he starts in the direction Isis and Chomps chased their prey. "Because this is starting to sound like some bad "ancient times" gulldrek juju. The kind that brings out those jedi counsel chigra*." The last word is wroonian and spoken in a suspicious tone.
* Wroonian words
These are not cannon just making up stuff for flavor.
Sovro= a term roughly meaning crewmate, originating in the distant past as a naval term for some serving on the same ship. In modern times it is used not only abord both nautical and space vessel crews but mercenary teams and other similar organizations

Chigra= Mythological wroonian beings of capricious nature with the ability to bend minds similar to fey creatures in fantasy settings. Now used as a mild pejorative for force users
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]

Post Reply

Return to “Episodes”