Episode 3, Welcome to the world: A tough Nut to crack.

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Episode 3, Welcome to the world: A tough Nut to crack.

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Video Recap!
2 hours have passed, I would consider it resting for regaining any ppts.
+1 Benny for the interludes!
Captain Claude had been silent as he watched the field team share their stories, gasp in horror, frantically help, nod off from boredom, eat noodles, and practice for what was to come. He was uncharacteristically silent as if studying the team. He hid his half smile as 42 scrambled around, stifled his distain when Keith nodded off, and silently appreciated Lulu's care for the injured. He also seemed to give Jane a careful eye as if trying to decide if she was a monster or ally eating soup. Anyone studying him saw his mouth tighten when @Ophelia Monk threw down the dagger!
Ophelia
The dagger is not that bad... It can be used for good...
Make a spirit roll at -2, failure you pick the dagger back up.
At @Aggelos’s mention of a plan to take out or capture the CS armored transport he snapped too alert as ever. Perhaps drawing forth his attention was also the fact that the lights had stopped swinging, explosions above stopped ringing, and the ground quieted. The CS attack had stopped.

He grimaced nodding his head slowly, “Not a bad plan Aggelos. About as good as one we can make in these circumstances. Everyone seems to have a enough of a break yeah? These Faelurin need some help and honestly I want to know what the CS knows.”

Hog tied beneath Agnis, JR “Thunder from down under” Smith let out a deep belly laugh, “Go frack me dead. Didn’t ya think I reported in a code magenta? When she said I am a bloody bogan we took steps. Like you wombats know the counter sign, and I m not tellin'. I took a bloody oath! We got more shrimp on the barby yeah? You thought eleven skeles were tough?" The CS soldier's eyes were wide and bugging out. They seemed tired as they did crazed, "Guaranteed there are 20 top side, plus you’ll never find the APC in the storm. Even if you did, Mac is a brilliant thinker. Sentries in the trees and every bush for 5 miles... He’ll see you comin’ and have His commando squad get the drop on you before you can say...”

Angis muffled his mouth with an old dwarven stenchy sock sitting atop the CS soldier, “Easy laddie, you’ll strain yer self.”

Captain Claude nodded his thanks at his old dwarven ally, “Well. that was quite an info dump. I wonder what else you are not telling us JR Smith?” Looking back at the team Captain Claude pulled a cigar from his pocket. He did not light it, but just looked at it, “If you are going to do this... I want to hear how each of you would approach it working as a team. There are no lone wolves here ok? JR probably has the right of it regarding what is top side. I have heard of this Commander Macdonald. A nasty piece of work. Instrumental in quelling the incident in New Town. Prevented the dragon’s in freehold from going all in during the Tolkeen war, and has had some success following the footsteps of Jericho in the northern hive lands.”

He paused looking up at the heavy sealed trap door growing quiet and rubbing his shoulder, “Look... Macdonald is no joke, some of you are might still be injured or fatigued, despite Lulu's care, and the CS having him out here warrants us getting involved. You are what we got right now. Angis and I need to watch over these two and our new friends." He gestured to the red haired technowizard and metallic robot woman both still unconscious, as well as the blue skinned aliens. He muttered looking at his fellow Captain still unconscious, "Plus Pender..."

He paused, and looked at each member of the field team, "I know you, each and everyone one of you, can do it. So tell me how...”

Rules, players please read
So how does this work? Think of it as if you are telling us the story of how you will deal with one of the tasks set before you. The scene is still stormy, right now it is still night. The general terrain is fairly swampy. Feel free to be as detailed as you like, make up NPCs as you need, and use the skill rolled and result to help craft this interesting tale of how you overcame one of the obstacles in the effort to locate the CS mobile command center. The party has 1 round to achieve six successes (tokens).
Every Player must take the lead roll on one of the tasks below, please use a skill you think would make for a great story. Please note this is an acfion.
What else can I do? Everything below takes another action and will apply map penalties to both rolls (feel free if you have edges or abilities that negate MAP to use them in the effort to mitigate this). I’ll try to allow other edges to apply when possible. Like +2 to repair from Mr. fixit, or the bonus from major psionics.
  • Support another player. Support rolls take the same penalty as the main roll but the TN is always 4.
  • Use a power, like boost trait. Or something else that would give you a bonus to your primary roll. Spend ppts normally for this multi action. For now these powers affect just you and the scene or your support roll. If you want to have a power affect another player use the support option instead.
  • Use a piece of adventuring gear.
PPTS and AMMO. IF Shooting or an Arcane skill is used as your primary skill(or supporting skill) please deduct 2d6 rounds and ppts.
Please take the lead on a scene below, use any skill you like and that would be appropriate.

The results for Failure are listed with each scene. Critical Failure results will just continue along the same lines but in a much more dramatic hindering flair.

TN is 4 unless otherwise specified and the penalty to the skill roll is listed below.
Scenes, players please read
  • 1) More information: what else can you get out of JR Smith that will give you the edge. He is a bit fatigued, so the roll here is at -0. Fail on this and Smith escapes.[dice:2ue8htmg]63803:0[/dice:2ue8htmg]
  • 2) skelebots a plenty . And you thought 11 were bad news, the 20 top side surveilling the scene are just as deadly. Fail on this results in 1d4/2 wounds to each player (soakable). Penalty is -2. [dice:2ue8htmg]63803:1[/dice:2ue8htmg]
  • 3) storm of the century Its still nasty outside, and the storm could single handedly derail the groups efforts. Failure on this results in a level of fatigue for each player. Penalty is -4. [dice:2ue8htmg]63803:2[/dice:2ue8htmg],
  • 4) where art thou? This Macdonald is a master of deception and guile. Every time you think you found the CS mobile encampment it is gone or an explosive trap was laid. Failure on this results in the enemy having the drop on the group when they do catch up to them. TN is 9 and penalty is -4. [dice:2ue8htmg]63803:3[/dice:2ue8htmg]: [dice:2ue8htmg]63803:6[/dice:2ue8htmg] wild [dice:2ue8htmg]63803:7[/dice:2ue8htmg] ace [dice:2ue8htmg]63803:8[/dice:2ue8htmg].
  • 5) Sentries abound The info coerced from smith gives you the advantage on the regular heroes of humanity. Scene roll is at a 0. Fail on this adds 2d10 skilled extras to the future fight(half are skelebots).[dice:2ue8htmg]63803:4[/dice:2ue8htmg]
  • 6) Commandos behind you: They are distracted by something behind them. Scene roll is made at a 0. Failure on this adds a second front to the future fight. Plus 1 more wild card. [dice:2ue8htmg]63803:5[/dice:2ue8htmg]
Bennies abound: These are all optional.
  • +1 benny for describing how one of your major hindrances interferes with your task. Take an additional -2 to your scene roll.
  • +1 benny for mentioning hearing some thing interesting and possibly horrifyingly amazing about Commander Ronald Macdonald.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ophelia Monk

Re: Episode 3, Welcome to the world: A tough Nut to crack.

Post by Ophelia Monk »

OOC Comments
Starting Stats: 23/30 ISP after 2-hour Rest

Spirit [dice:5ixgfnmu]63837:0[/dice:5ixgfnmu]
Wild Spirit [dice:5ixgfnmu]63837:1[/dice:5ixgfnmu]
Fail!

The Plan: Get intelligence out of JT Smith with mind-reading, then use Psionics again to support finding the APC. MAP -2.

Primary Task 1: Get info (Psionics, boosted with Major Psi to counter MAP)
Psionics [dice:5ixgfnmu]63837:2[/dice:5ixgfnmu]
Wild Psionics [dice:5ixgfnmu]63837:3[/dice:5ixgfnmu]
[dice:5ixgfnmu]63837:6[/dice:5ixgfnmu]
Critfail, working out logistics.

Support Task 4: Locate the APC (Psionics, boosted with Major Psi to counter MAP)
Psionics [dice:5ixgfnmu]63837:4[/dice:5ixgfnmu]
Wild Psi [dice:5ixgfnmu]63837:5[/dice:5ixgfnmu]
[dice:5ixgfnmu]63837:7[/dice:5ixgfnmu]
Success: +1 to Locate APC roll.

Due to ISP cost, will make sure to earn a benny with details about MacDonald in post; this benny is immediately going to be spent to make up for the excess ISP, leaving Ophelia with 1 ISP and a massive headache.

[dice:5ixgfnmu]63837:8[/dice:5ixgfnmu] Major Phobia until end of the encounter.
After a moment, Ophelia shakes her head and sighs. "This dagger is of dark design, but it may have some use at a later date." She picks up the weapon and tucks it into her belt.

Once the others have mapped out their plans, Ophelia nods as 42 sets about trying to locate the APC; she boosts the diminutive automaton's ability to search and find what he's looking for and amps up his speed, as well, giving them as much assistance as she can manage.

Then she turns to JT Smith. "This isn't going to be pleasant for either of us, but I'm afraid you've left me no choice." She sits in front of the man, and starts to dig into his memories. The first batch is, of course, the most recent fight, nothing useful there. Then she starts to dig deeper and....

The backlash she gets as the chip buried deep in JT's gray matter is indescribable. Her world seems to flip on itself for a moment, a terrifying surge of images and auditory hallucinations cascading through her mind. By the time it clears, she's pulling herself up off the floor. JT's bonds lie, snapped, on the floor, and Pender is missing.

"I'd always heard rumors about what MacDonald did to his own men, but that.... He had implanted a M.O.M. chip without the man's knowledge--one small enough to be hidden, none of the usual tell-tale protrusions. It was set to go off if anyone actually probed his memories. Disgusting--driving his own soldiers mad, rather than let them spill any secrets."
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors
Forty-Two

Post by Forty-Two »

Looking for McDonald 12 (after penalties)
Looking for McDonald
Notice 1d6+4, Support +1, Scene Penalty -4 = 1d6+1 versus a 9
Notice [dice:19zz3jyl]63913:0[/dice:19zz3jyl]
Wild [dice:19zz3jyl]63913:1[/dice:19zz3jyl]
Ace [dice:19zz3jyl]63913:2[/dice:19zz3jyl]
As the boss starts laying out the task that need done Forty Two listens carefully. He was designed for helping and helping is what he did best. But in this case @Captain Claude wanted him to help, by going out on his own and that was not normal to him at all...

As the lively little automaton begins describing his mission his body becomes excessively animated, even changing shape to look like the characters in the story, and his voice perfectly imitating them. "Trekking through the woods was a little harder than I expected. So the first thing I needed to do was hide myself from other. The CS are extra good at finding magic people, so I changed by aura to look like a normal animal in the woods. Next I took on the form of a squirrel. Normally I would prefer a cat, but everyone knows dragons turn into cats, and I did not want them to suspect me so squirrel it was."

"You would not think so to look at me, but apparently I look pretty tasty, because as soon as I was out in the woods and scouting around a giant cougar saw me!" Turning into a Cougar nearly as big as a man he animated a giant growl. "And he decided he was going to eat me! Well, I never liked being eaten and think it is pretty painful over all and takes days to heal from. So I took advantage of the increased speed from @Ophelia" Turning back into a squirrel he summoned up a giant stone tree nearly 4' tall to climb. "So I had to run, up a tree as tall as the west tower at refuge, then once I was up there, I needed to use little bolts of fire to knock the cat from the tree. If it was not for @Ophelia I would have been inside that cats belly right now."

Then turning into an owl he says. "Sure enough an owl lived in that tree and he did not like me waking him up." Pouncing down on a little stone shaped squirrel he says. "She grabbed me, and shook me real good to finish me off! But I managed to wiggle and wobble and get myself free. Then I was falling, but dragons fly by magic, so I was not scared and I just flew up in the air a bit. That was when..." Turning into a giant eagle wingspread in a curl and talons out as if ready to grab. "The eagle grabbed ME!"

Pausing dramatically Forty Two lets everyone wonder if perhaps he died, he didn't, but there is no way they can know that yet. "But the eagle carried me high in the air towards its aerie. And that is when I saw it. A funny looking red haired man in a CS officers armor, making burgers for his men. Well, one of the saw that eagle and shot it down. Said they where going to have some 'chicken nuggets' and so I started falling again, but this time I stopped myself at the wood line." Nodding as if everyone should know the next part. "You see, dragons do not like to be inside of Coalition camps. So I spun around and watched as they cooked up some nuggets and burgers for his men. Then figured to come back and tell you all how it went."

After the story sinks in and everyone is ready for him to move on Forty Two shares the scariest part of the story. "Before I left I thought to maybe steal some of those burgers they where cooking. But when I snuck into the food tent, I saw what they where making those burgers from. They where cooking what was left of a dragons flank! I never heard of humans eating other sentient races. I did not know it was allowed." Forty Two shakes with the shivers it gave him to think of. "I hope they don't eat me if they capture us."
LuLu

Post by LuLu »

OOC Comments
Rest & Recharge
Current bennies: 2/3 powerpoints: 11/15

Task 3: Storm of the century. Failure on this results in a level of fatigue for each player. Penalty is -4. TN=4

Plan: Cast Environmental Protection on all teammates/allies as they ready to leave the bunker. The intention is for the spell to help protect them from the worst of the storm's effects.

PP Cost: [dice:22715hok]63922:0[/dice:22715hok]

Faith(Spirit): [dice:22715hok]63922:1[/dice:22715hok]
Wild: [dice:22715hok]63922:2[/dice:22715hok]
Benny for a reroll!

Faith(Spirit): [dice:22715hok]63922:3[/dice:22715hok]
Wild: [dice:22715hok]63922:4[/dice:22715hok]
One more Benny for a reroll!

Faith(Spirit): [dice:22715hok]63922:5[/dice:22715hok]
ACE! [dice:22715hok]63922:7[/dice:22715hok]

Wild: [dice:22715hok]63922:6[/dice:22715hok]

Current bennies: 0/3 powerpoints: 5/15
"Hey! Wait. Before you go out there, I think I can help with the weather. Don't ask me why I didn't think of this back when we were trudging through the muck." Lulu gathered all her teammates and allies together in a huddle and closed her eyes. She raised her hands up, and when power started to glow between them, she slowly smoothed them down, palms flat against an invisible bubble. "Evo-praesidium...tempestate"
With a flick of her right thumb, she traced a small symbol in the air. Suddenly the symbol blazed bright yellow in front of each person in the huddle. It looked like an upside down U with a line straight down the middle. The symbols shrank and slid onto each person's forehead where they faded to a faint yellow glow.

Lulu sagged slightly. "There. That should protect you from the worst bits of the storm. I can't promise it'll keep your feet dry, but you should be able to stay upright." She grinned at Ophelia.
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 1/15
First Aid kit: 2/3
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
LuLu

Post by LuLu »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:35 pmCaptain Claude nodded his thanks at his old dwarven ally, ...I have heard of this Commander Macdonald. A nasty piece of work. Instrumental in quelling the incident in New Town. Prevented the dragon’s in freehold from going all in during the Tolkeen war, and has had some success following the footsteps of Jericho in the northern hive lands.”
"Mac.. Mac? Where did I hear about a Commander MacDonald before?" Lulu wracked her tired brain for a little bit more information as Claude and the others talked through a plan. "Was that the guy.... Oh No." The young medic finally remembered where she'd heard the name. Some of the same CS survivors who'd told the medical staff stories of JR "Thunder Down Under" Smith had also told stories of Commander Ronald MacDonald. These weren't silly stories. They were hushed, frightened whispers. She remembered the poor young man who'd come back with a team on a mission near CS territory. He was starving and his feet were run bloody and raw. He was wearing the tatters of pair of lacy red ladies underwear on the outside of his dirty trousers. When the psi doctor who specialized in emotional trauma was finally able to tap into the young man's memories, a blood-curdling story emerged.

Weeks before, Commander MacDonald had kept the young man prisoner alone in the woods. He'd told him if he moved beyond the clearing he was in, a sniper would shoot him dead. Mac, or a team of his men, practiced lying in wait for days on end. Any time he wandered too close to the edge of the designated clearing, a warning shot would come so close to his head his hair would blow in the wind of it.

Finally, bored with the exercise, Commander MacDonald had returned to the clearing and changed up the rules of the game. He'd laughingly presented the pair of women's underwear and said, as long as the young man wore them, Mac's soldiers wouldn't shoot. But the second he tried to take them off, for any reason at all... Bang! Mac had mimed finger guns shooting the young man. As the young man had scrambled to put them on, not even bothering to take off his own pants first, Mac had laughed and swatted him on the butt.

"Better run now, boy! And pray you run fast, because my men will be trailing you. It's good practice for them, hunting something larger than a wily old raccoon. Go on, now. Git!"

The poor boy couldn't remember how long he'd been running, but he wouldn't take off the underwear even after the team had brought him into the safety of Castle Refuge. Lulu shuddered at the memory and wrapped her arms around herself. She had to take a few deep breaths before she was able to find her voice enough to pipe up."

"Um... I think Commander MacDonald is already out there. A few days ago I heard someone singing. It was just a patch of static on the radio, and I didn't think anything of it at the time, but... there were the men following us that took a shot at Captain Lumkiss.. and I've heard stories. Stories of terrible things that Mac has done and how he trains his men to follow and terrorize. I think.. I'm almost positive that was him on the radio."

OOC Comments
+1 Benny for story telling
Current bennies: 1/3 powerpoints: 5/15
Lulu Borland__

Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Aggelos

Post by Aggelos »

Wip
10 years in the future or 15 years in the past is a matter of perspective.

Creeping down the hallway unheard wasn't to hard with it's plush carpets for Angel. She neared to door for the study where her father, aunt Cass, and uncle Luke were conferring with the former members of the Legions 13th set. They were sharing intel on the groups shared concern, a Coalition scientist who was doing Very Bad Things. The adults felt at 10 years old such details were not to be shared with the 10 year old girl or her companion in the endeavor, the slightly younger Nick Maverick. Something the curious future heroes sought to remedy. The conversation was currently about a man named MacDonald whom her family members had just returned from trying to track back to his illusive commander. Luke was detailing the conditions of a temporary containment camp they had found where some gruesome "experimentation" had occured. But before things got too graphic the door burst open and Nadia Cantrell towered over them.

"Looks like we have a couple of security breaches. Back to bed you two." The former mercenary warmly chides them.

Trying to both look sheepish and sneak a peek into the room, Angel replies, "I'm sorry Ms. Nadia, I was just hoping to see my father."

Antipas, who had moved up to the doorway raised an eyebrow at his daughter, knowing her well enough to see thru her bullshit. "...and hear what's going on." she finishes sheepishly.

The undead slayer steps up and hugs his daughter. "We are safe and the gruesome details are not things you need to know yet little one. Now back to bed like you were told. I'm sure Xander was lax on your combat training while we were away, so expect extra drills." They both knew the young girl who would someday be called Aggelos preferred combat drills with her father over lessons with the sometimes stuffy AI.

So she went back to bed but not before looking up a phrase she had overheard just before Nadia revealed them. A phrase she immediately regretted learning and that would give her nightmares for years.

Live Vivisection.

At hearing MacDonalds name Aggy visibly perks up. "Yeah, that bastard went from conning dragons to being a supplier of test subjects for some of the worst butchers the CS has produced. They take "DE BEES", mages, and really anyone they don't like and use em to try new horrible ways to kill folks they don't like while leaving "normal" humans untouched. Fun fucking guys." Am I this close already? Moving to the hatch she's still a little stiff but so eager to go that she's not even waited for Ophelia to finish her scanning.

As she opens the hatch she begins gameplanning… "OK bots first, then.. But Jane zips past her once the hatch allows egress, streaking into the night and drawing the attention of the robotic scouts. Not one to allow a distraction to pass unused Aggelos follows the Altaran out of the hatch. There are more of them than there were before, but this time she has a plan. Quickly singling out the ones with rockets or grenade launchers she targets their ammunition, particularly where the skelebots are clumped together. after her initial barrage they begin to pulls back in retreat, but Agy is having none of that. She pursues them, stalking the bots through the driving rain so they can't reinforce their foe later.

shooting for task 2, 7
Modifiers: scene -2, wounds -1, trademark +1, optics +1, sharpshooter +1. Net 0
Shooting [dice:16ger39m]63978:0[/dice:16ger39m]
Wild [dice:16ger39m]63978:1[/dice:16ger39m]
Ammo used [dice:16ger39m]63978:2[/dice:16ger39m]
Unfortunately this means she is not there when the prisoner escapes with their captain. And while she's not at all pleased at the turn it somehow seems appropriate."The gods never make shit easy, do they? Let's hope we can get to Mac before JR does and spoils our surprise."
Forty-Two wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:41 pmAfter the story sinks in and everyone is ready for him to move on Forty Two shares the scariest part of the story. "Before I left I thought to maybe steal some of those burgers they where cooking. But when I snuck into the food tent, I saw what they where making those burgers from. They where cooking what was left of a dragons flank! I never heard of humans eating other sentient races. I did not know it was allowed." Forty Two shakes with the shivers it gave him to think of. "I hope they don't eat me if they capture us."
With an exasperated sigh Aggy looks at the construct. "Not unless they eat metal, Forty Two."
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 3/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Keith

Post by Keith »

OOC Comments
Task 5
Taunt [dice:3n1o9gvc]63988:0[/dice:3n1o9gvc]
Wild Die [dice:3n1o9gvc]63988:1[/dice:3n1o9gvc]
As much as he likes the silo, Keith finds that he's feeling a bit too cagey, what with all these people and all. Not wanting to cause a disturbance, he turns intangible, a ghostly apparition. He slips out of the silo and as he's about to light a cigarette, he seems them, shapes in the rain. Keith stands perfectly still until they get close enough. He bends his will and a tongue of lightning sparks out, frightening the one in front, and the next bolt, well it actually lights someone on fire. Not being paid enough for this kind of risk, the Sentries run off, melting into the shadows.
74Z3 Jane Doe

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

The confinement of the Missile Silo even for a couple of hours triggers Jane's Drug Induced Tranquility. Her impersonations last for only ten or so minutes before she crashes into a heap with very shallow breathing. She remains unaware of anything else until she hears the clanging of the metal hatch being thrown open accentuated by the thunder and then followed by a brilliant lightning strike.

Even inside her senses are still askew. She loathes the weather on Earth and wishes she had a means to get back out among the stars.

She pauses as she looks up into the awful bleakness of the storm cast sky. What do I know of the sky and the stars.

Seeing the silo open, she races past everyone else exiting, oblivious to any of the other comments or plans for that matter. Something that is said by JR about more commandos lingers in her short term memory.

Racing blindly once more she takes to the wet sloggy ground in reckless abandon nearly avoiding tress and skelebots alike. Miracously she avoids the entirity of the forward advance party and finds herself between the first unit and a second. She recognized the difference between the first and the second, human commandos in the second.

The lightning continues to flash and arc across the sky.

She changes positions and finds herself behind and beyond the commandos. Again she finds herself staring into the sky and for a moment the clouds part and she witnesses the stars in the sky. A streaking star and the clouds close up around the once vast openness.

Beware the Sirens of Saturice Prime. Where did that thought even come from?

Jane looks down at herself and realizes how wet she is and that the lightning causes a unique glowing reflection from the amassed water. She does a manual override of her biocomp which glows an eerie green against her wet dark armor.

Performance for Task 6, 4
Storm Fouled Senses: -2
Attractive: +1
[*] Performance (1d6) [dice:1vs2qrjx]63996:0[/dice:1vs2qrjx]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:1vs2qrjx]63996:1[/dice:1vs2qrjx]

Benny to Reroll (3 of 3 remaining)
[*] Performance (1d6) [dice:1vs2qrjx]63996:2[/dice:1vs2qrjx]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:1vs2qrjx]63996:3[/dice:1vs2qrjx]
Achieving a high pitched wail, she runs behind the commandos purposefully drawing their attention by registering in the HUDs of the commando's helmets. Their periphereal sensors gather wisps and blurres of eeirie green lights. Her feet move so quickly across the sodden ground that it sounds like someone wearing pre-Rifts era swim flippers.

Among the commandos there are whispers of the fact that Macdonald has large size eighteen boots that flap continuosly and that maybe him behind them.
Forty-Two

Post by Forty-Two »

Aggelos wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:27 am
Forty-Two wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:41 pmAfter the story sinks in and everyone is ready for him to move on Forty Two shares the scariest part of the story. "Before I left I thought to maybe steal some of those burgers they where cooking. But when I snuck into the food tent, I saw what they where making those burgers from. They where cooking what was left of a dragons flank! I never heard of humans eating other sentient races. I did not know it was allowed." Forty Two shakes with the shivers it gave him to think of. "I hope they don't eat me if they capture us."
With an exasperated sigh Aggy looks at the construct. "Not unless they eat metal, Forty Two."
Forty Two genuinely looks confused for a moment then his eyes sharpen. "Oh, yeah. Well maybe those skelebots eat metal. I do not know the rules there. I mean if I can eat meat, I would have thought maybe they could eat metal. But good thinking. Your really smart Aggy, that is why you are my best friend. I like having smarts friends and you are the smartest."
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

In the silo, as the team ventured out @Ophelia Monk stayed behind with Angis, and Claude as well the injured, and blue skinned D-bees. As they ventured top side, Claude gave each one a boost out and a stern nod. He had seemed fairly impressed by the dedication and skills proposed to take on the sick, if not infamous CS commander Ronald Mcdonald. “Ok team you got your plan. Stick to it, and don’t be afraid to adapt. Once Ophellia is done we will get her to you.” He paused when @Forty-Two passed. To the automaton he whispered, “I am counting on you to make sure they all survive.”
Ophelia inside silo

Claude was on one knee. Angis was bleeding from the forehead. The blue skins were huddled in fear in the lowest area of the silo unsure of what they had witnessed. Claude swore, “Ophelia... You better get to the team. They need to know... Frack, Its a trap... If Smith was a sleeper... Who knows how many of these crazies he has. No doubt Smith has Pender... You cannot let the CS capture Lumkiss. You understand?” The worried look across Captain Claude’s face said rescue if possible, terminate if no choice. For sure a departure from the happy go lucky front of the tomorrow legion, but like herself Ophelia was aware Claude from time to time had to make hard choices for the greater good.

I think you rolled a temp major phobia: -2 to any psionics roll that involves entering soqmeone elses mind. On a success Ophelia is fatigued as she was able to overcome this phobia but pushed herself beyond her normal limits. Fatigue is recovered through two hours of rest or magical means. On a success the -2 pen is gone as well.
Bounty hunters Watch the legion work.
A good 200 meters away three people watched the legion’s least go about their tasks. Parsons, once the cheif enforcer for El Occulta blackmarket, watched, through his binoculars, calmly the ruined and blasted area that been Crowly. He was well hidden, through magical and normal means. The woman next to him smiled dazzling the immediate area with her glee. Her face was half encased in a metallic frame, quite unlike your normal cybernetics. It was as if part of her face had morphed into a a chrome mettle, yet somehow retaining her sparkeling personality. She was silently chanting as she wrapped her hands all over the former enforcer’s back. Clearly the two were an item. A few feet to the left of the pair was a lithe feline humanoid. She looked younger than the couple. Mostly she looked human, but tiny cat ears, and a coiled furry tail wagged behind her. Across her face going intercecting her right eye was a tattoo of the roman numeral three. She sneared uncomfortably at the display of affection.

Parsons grunted, “ Three Report?”

The feline humanoid purred angrily looking up at the rainy sky, “Meow... They took out the skelebots with cunning and skill, overcame this torrent rain by magical incantation... Why are we even out in this muck Parsons?”

Parson’s dislodged himself from his lover’s grasp and glanced at Three pulling his shades down slightly, “The three bounties that Kronos put out, plus the one for @Aggelos. 30 million for all of them dead is what Splynn’s paying these days. 10 million for Aggy being turned in to El Occulta. Thats why Three.” The ex black market enforcer patted a pouch of black market bounty fobs.

His consort smiled, her teeth were bitterly dazzling as the metallic flecks embedded in them sparkled agains the well timed flash of lightning. Her voice was just as bubbley, “Come Three you know we have more business than pure money with these Legionaires... Aggy alone should be enough for you. How bad do you want to hurt Antipas?”

The cat person coughed softly spitting into the wind and licked her lips, “Very badly... Meow, should I continue?” Both nodded. “They got passed the sentries by making those mercs an irresistible offer and the commandos are two kicks to the north chasing a green ghost... They found Macdonald grilling some steaks near a riverbank holed up in his APC. Seems like the mad commander is making his men dress up... In...” The feline held up a pair of purple panties.

Parsons cracked a smile and after a moment Three paused scrunching up her nose, “Oh yeah that stinky one, Thunder... He took Pender out of the silo and hooked up with Macdonald. The two of them had a quarrel about leaving. Macdonald seemed to have one more ace up his sleeve. A squadron of SAMAS are approaching the Legion’s position.”

Parson’s nodded holstering his rifle and pulling out two Pistols, “Well Pender is not long for this world. Splynn’s emessary Kronos gave us a nuro toxin for Pender. That slug I hit him with carried it. Almost completely
Resistant against magic... Those lowest Leginairs have all left the silo yeah Three?”

The female catch licked her right hand with a deadly grin on her lips, “Meow... That mind melter left last, so is it time to take Claude?”

Death Dealer Parsons looked at his paramour glittering in the storm. The legendary enforcer’s eyes narrowed. He had cause to hate the one that sent the vaunted 77th against them. His lady had not always been made of nano slop. It was simple, Claude needed to pay for what he had done to his love Lady Glitteraparkles. She was no longer welcomed in video game turney’s and her shifter like abilities had been muted somewhat. She was not the same after their encounter with the legion’s 77th... “Yeah it’s time...”
The group had been rejoined by Ophelia. They were at a tree line near a river watching the APC command vehicle that the coalition were using for operations in the area. There were only about six soldiers, half were wearing woman’s panties over their armor as part of some humiliation ritual McDonald was conducting. Four skelebot’s were patrolling the immediate area. A faint smell of bbq meat hung in the air as next to the Mark IV as one of the soldiers was finishing off a few meat patties. The exact number’s inside the APC were a bit spotty.

As the rain finally let up the small bastard of a commander came out of the APC to address two men wearing a pink garter belt around their armored crotch area, “Do you need more!? If you mouth off again, I’ll do you like Frank and Tank over there!” He jerked a pistol towards two bodies lying in a heap in the muck. He twisted his neck toward the sky, “Look at that... Stopped raining.”

A CS grunt approached, “Sir it’s exactly like you said... Oh Sgt Smith is on his way. He has a captive. Something is wrong with Thunder if you ask me. It’s like he is on drugs or something.”

McDonald laughed, “Tell that Shit Ass smelly Sgt to go get his rear checked out by O’niel.” He laughed again, but was interrupted by a armored hand reaching out of a nearby shadow. It was Thunder, and he had Pender over one shoulder!

Thunder roared, “What did you do to me! What are these!!!”. Thunder took his helm off revealing several M.O.M implants growing out of his skull at an alarming rate. The unexpected crazy had McDonald in a vise like grip around the throat.

The commander croaked, “Let me go.... Stand... Down...”

Thunder trembled but did as commanded. He was still pissed off and yelled at Mcdonald, “What did you do to me? One second that bitch was in my mind and the next... I am a fucking crazy! We need to leave.”

Macdonald smiled wide with his thick ruby red lips. His face was a bit ashen, and his curly red hair stood a bit more on end after that brief tussle. He rubbed his throat gently looking at the man Thunder had delivered to them, “Who... Ah Captain Pender Lumpkiss of the tomorrow legion no? Get him into the APC, and see O’niel. Lets get this captain’s mind pried open and see what secretes he holds.”

Thunder seemed to shake with fury but did as was commanded. Even as he walked carrying the captian he mouthed off, “Ye fuckin wombat!”

Macdonald kicked his big shoes knocking off some dirt from them. He commed his radio, “Taggert. Are you in position?”

From the tree-line the legion’s least were in a position to do something. Do they go in guns blazing, more sneaky, or something unexpected... The time to plan and discuss is now, but a strange radio communication reached them indicating they needed to be decisive and quick.
Over a secure legion comm
”This is Smith, agent Smith of the 77th. Code word Pomegranate. I am with a wing of SAMAS bearing down on hour position in the tree line. Weapons are hot... Repeat weapons are hot. You have 30 seconds to do something heroic.”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Aggelos

Post by Aggelos »

Looking over the coalition encampment Aggelos begins to tinker with ideas for a careful measured ambush of McDonald and his remaining forces. Then J.R. comes limping into camp with Captain Lumkiss in tow. After the CS officers drag the unconscious Lumkiss into the APC Aggy grimaces.

"Looks like we don't have much.." her sentence is interrupted by a call on a Legion frequency.
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:37 am ”This is Smith, agent Smith of the 77th. Code word Pomegranate. I am with a wing of SAMAS bearing down on hour position in the tree line. Weapons are hot... Repeat weapons are hot. You have 30 seconds to do something heroic.”
Sighing heavily she finishes "..time. Well alrighty then, hard and sloppy, just how their mothers like it." Thinking a second she starts laying out a plan. "Keith when those 'bots hit that little pool zap em, I'll open up on the dead boys. Forty-Two fly diversion to the north side, I want those cameras looking at you and me and afraid to shoot for hitting their own guys. The rest of you swing around the south side of it. If you ghost through the door Ophelia, there should be a manual release lever to open it for us to get in. Jane then takes lead and the rest of us follow you in. Suggestions or complaints better be brief." Drawing her Colts she gets ready for the fireworks to start.
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
  • List of Abilities

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
74Z3 Jane Doe

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

"Its a good thing you are relaying this via radio. I am aways away from your position."

"How about changing these grunts following me into look alikes of us. Maybe draw the fire from the APC ..."

Notice 11
Alertness +2
[*] Notice (1d6) [dice:mntaqi7n]64389:0[/dice:mntaqi7n]
[*] Aced! Notice (1d6+6) [dice:mntaqi7n]64389:2[/dice:mntaqi7n]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:mntaqi7n]64389:1[/dice:mntaqi7n]
"... something is approaching, many things are approaching."

"Are we heading into an ambush? Not that I have a problem fighting."
Ophelia Monk

Post by Ophelia Monk »

Ophelia nods to Angis. "Understood. I'll do everything possible."

With that, she heads out and joins the others. As Aggie fills her in on the plan, she nods. "Should be workable. Just be warned--I'm low on juice right now, so if things go south, I'm not good for much other than ghosting. And you need to be aware of the other little surprise we got. MacDonald, that filthy clown, has been doing covert MOM implants in his own troops without their knowledge. Any of them could go full-blown Crazy without warning. Best to assume any of his subcommanders have had the treatment, at least."
Ophelia Monk
OOC Comments
Skills:
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors
Forty-Two

Post by Forty-Two »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:37 am In the silo, as the team ventured out @Ophelia Monk stayed behind with Angis, and Claude as well the injured, and blue skinned D-bees. As they ventured top side, Claude gave each one a boost out and a stern nod. He had seemed fairly impressed by the dedication and skills proposed to take on the sick, if not infamous CS commander Ronald Mcdonald. “Ok team you got your plan. Stick to it, and don’t be afraid to adapt. Once Ophellia is done we will get her to you.” He paused when @Forty-Two passed. To the automaton he whispered, “I am counting on you to make sure they all survive.”
Standing up straight Forty Two takes on a persona of extreme seriousness as he nods to Captain Claude. "Yes Sir! You can count on me."

Aggelos wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:14 pm Sighing heavily she finishes "..time. Well alrighty then, hard and sloppy, just how their mothers like it." Thinking a second she starts laying out a plan. "Keith when those 'bots hit that little pool zap em, I'll open up on the dead boys. Forty-Two fly diversion to the north side, I want those cameras looking at you and me and afraid to shoot for hitting their own guys. The rest of you swing around the south side of it. If you ghost through the door Ophelia, there should be a manual release lever to open it for us to get in. Jane then takes lead and the rest of us follow you in. Suggestions or complaints better be brief." Drawing her Colts she gets ready for the fireworks to start.
Forty Two nods to the radio. "Yes ma'am. Aggie, I can be a diversion if you need it. I do not have a lot of explosives to do it like we used to. But I am the best diversion, and can be really hard for even a skelebot to hit." His commitment made Forty Two alters his body back into his pixie form gets ready to make some trouble. The 6" warrior was never designed for offence, but he was difficult to follow and even more difficult to hit when so small. The magic that gave him form making him incredibly durable, but not durable enough to withstand the blasts from some of those weapons.

"I will look around and keep you informed of what I see and when your ready I will be the best distraction ever!" He pronounces as he charges up and gets ready to exit. Refreshing his arcane cloak so that any enemy magic users cannot see him. Forty Two heads out, staying concealed for safety until he can report something.

Size -3, Stealth 9, Notice 8, both should be adjusted by Relative size (+/-3 for SAMUS) of others
Stealth to get to position d10, Size -3 affects enemy notice rolls per scale and Stealth
Stealth [dice:1xzbgmlr]64450:0[/dice:1xzbgmlr]
Wild [dice:1xzbgmlr]64450:1[/dice:1xzbgmlr]

Notice for enemy position d6+4, Size -3 affects my notice rolls per scale and Stealth to see the enemies
Notice [dice:1xzbgmlr]64450:2[/dice:1xzbgmlr]
Wild [dice:1xzbgmlr]64450:3[/dice:1xzbgmlr]
Keith

Post by Keith »

Keith nods his gigantic head. "Skelebots? No problem."

He turns his big goggled eyes out toward the battle field, and prepares to strike.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Welcome to the world

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Sometime in the future in a bar far far away
The bar looked futuristic but run down. Bottles were broken or haphazardly stored. Several stools were bent, and others look to have been ripped right off their struts. One stool was still standing at the corner of the bar its yellow backing slightly torn. A blue skinned humanoid slipped into it fiddling with a nearby dirty empty glass. He wore a leather jacket, ratty beige pants with an empty holster. He looked over at the door way at an individual stepping through its burnt out frame. This individual stood tall, his armor gleaming, and a blazing sword of unbridled power rested at his side. He was such a stark contrast to the blue skinned man whose clothes were dingy and tattered.

The blue skinned laughed pointing at a shattered neon bumble bee that had once bern hanging large and bright above the bar, “Some joint huh? All that remains of the Yellow Jacket Bar and Grill.”

The armored figure stepped into the bar shoving aside some rubbled chairs with ease.

The blue skinned man looked down at the empty glass in his hand, “Were you successful? Did you free them from the demons?”

The gleaming figure put a heavy gauntlet on the bar nearly cracking it in two in silent anger.

The blue skinned man nearly jumped out of his seat, “Woa... Ok... Ok... It will be all right. A while back I was afraid too. Me and a few others had found ourselves stockaded next to one of those metal APCs the CS had. You know them right?” He looked up at his silent companion holding a hand up half blocking the internal glare from his companion’s holy armor. Still no words were spoken from the holy knight figure but to the side of the armored face plate its dark elongated ears trembled.

The blue skinned man nodded, “Yeah we were in a tough spot, locked up in a metal cage. The rain had ended. The storm that had plagued us for the last few days had ceased. I remember looking up and seeing stars... So different from my world.” He stroked his chin where a faded scar marred his clean face, “Still it seemed impossible for us to escape. The CS has some screaming SAMAS’ flying near, a few of their metal bots were on hand to keep an eye on us...” He chuckled, “Their dead boys were having some sort of bbq, and talking about their families...” His voice grew quite and somber, “But inside their metal vehicle was a house of horrors... Their doctor was experementing on us trying to find out why the demons wanted us so badly. And that fucker Thunder was always near... But... All the while their commander Ronald Macdonald kept an eye on everything, making his men monsters... and worse.”

He threw the glass onto the ground in disgust looking up at the Cosmo Knight and said, “We were lucky you saved us when you did Ndreare.”

The knight looked down and simply shook his head no.

Taken a bit aback the blue skinned man winkled his nose, “Was it those... Tomorrow Legionairs that time?”

Ok, so players really came up with a cool plan... So each one of you choose a scene, make a skill roll at the listed modifier, and tell us how that scene turned out. Each player needs a success, and the group needs 7 total successes.
  • Need a benny for a new quad? Tell us how one of your hindrances gave you trouble and take a benny but the skill roll is at a further -2.
Rules, players please read
So how does this work? Think of it as if you are telling us the story of how you will deal with one of the tasks set before you. The scene is muddy and at night but the storm has passed. The general terrain is fairly swampy. Feel free to be as detailed as you like, make up NPCs as you need, and use the skill rolled and result to help craft this interesting tale of how you overcame one of the obstacles in the effort to deal with the CS forces. The party has 1 round to achieve six successes (tokens). But for the alarm to not be raised each player must achieve one success.
Every Player must take the lead roll on one of the tasks below, please use a skill you think would make for a great story. Please note this is an acfion.
  • What else can I do? Everything below takes another action and will apply map penalties to the lead roll and any other roll. (feel free if you have edges or abilities that negate MAP to use them in the effort to mitigate this). I’ll try to allow other edges to apply when possible. Like +2 to repair from Mr. fixit, or the bonus from major psionics. Also do not forget your wounds.
    • Support another player. Support rolls take the same penalty as the main roll but the TN is always 4.
    • Use a power, like boost trait. Or something else that would give you a bonus to your primary roll. Spend ppts normally for this multi action. For now these powers affect just you and the scene or your support roll. If you want to have a power affect another player use the support option instead.
    • Use a piece of adventuring gear.
    PPTS and AMMO. IF Shooting or an Arcane skill is used as your primary skill(or supporting skill) please deduct 2d6 rounds and ppts. You must have a min of 4 ppts or ammo to use the skill.
The Samas diversion
[dice:1b3b68fx]64600:2[/dice:1b3b68fx], skill roll at +0

The foliage where the legion’s least had been was ripped apart by about 30 mini missiles. Good thing the legionaires had moved out just prior to the cacophony of explosions. Little was left of the trees and brush that had provided the group a wary eye on the CS encampment. Agent Smith of the tomorrow legion radio’d the legion on a secure frequency As the wing of SAMAS streaked over head, ”We are making another pass, keep out of sight... If you have some kind of diversion now is the time. If High Command gets wind that you are here they will send some long range heavy ordinance to scorch the earth if you get my meaning. Anyone who has come into contact with those blue d-bees is being wiped out. Spring the diversion and I’ll help you best I can. Smith out.”
Skelebots on Patrol
[dice:1b3b68fx]64600:0[/dice:1b3b68fx] interference, skill roll made at -2

The four metal robots roamed near the Mark IV seemingly patroling the makeshift stockade containing the remaining bluw skinned d-bees. Their heavy footfalls thumped and squished noticeably through the mud. Each had a heavy laser rifle and embedded grenade launcher and their laser targeting eye scanned the errie quite brush. “Area... Clear...”

A snap of a twig from behind and a pair of two selebot’s previously unseen lunged for you with vibro blade in hand, “Area not clear!”
Deadboys back yard bbq
[dice:1b3b68fx]64600:1[/dice:1b3b68fx] jackpot, skill roll at +2

The six deadboys were lounging at the back of the APC, CS MkIV keeping a lazy watch over 12 blu skinned d-bees being held in a metalic makeshift pen. The so called pen was little more than a series of metalic stakes and barb wire. Two of the blue skins were face down in the mud with laser burns Lazlo got the back of their head. As the dark clouds over head disapated revealing a full moon and twinkling stars they got to talking enjoying the night air free of the rain.

The one with the tongs flipping over the meat motioned the other men to get in line for some burgers, “Ahhh... Rhino Meat, just my girl back home makes. It will make you forget you are wearing those purple panties. A little salt, pepper, and chili powder... Super simple and brings out the flavor.” He jerked his tongs to the pen, “It’s a good thing those blue skins only eat veggies, more meat for the rest of us eh! My girl would have liked to rough them up...”

The first soldier in line squared away his helmet. His brown messy hair seemed just a tad over regulation. His voice was squeaky, “Ahh, how long you been married to Sally Sgt?”

The one right behind him nudged the squeaky voice softly, “Common Tack, you know they are getting married next month... sheesh.”

The rest of the soldiers laughed at the foepaw. They seemed relaxed and ready to be taken out by the legions least.
Sneaking in on O’neil
[dice:1b3b68fx]64600:3[/dice:1b3b68fx], lucky, skill roll at +0
Getting into the APC was not too difficult. This was a CS style MKIV parked near a river bank. There were multiple points of entry. An open hatch that let the night air breeze in had been opened recently as the storm had now passed. The gunnery turret was unmanned and its port hole to the APC’s main cabin could provide access. Someone could even teleport or walk through the walls of the vehicle if they the right equipment or skill. However, once inside Lt. O’niel a cyber specialist, was all that stood between you and taking the vehicle.

The main cabin held a series of video monitors displaying the skelebots view points, as well as some chairs and a desk. Pender Lumpkiss was slumped and strapped to a nearby chair. On the far side was both an operating table and control that opened the vehicles main hatch. A slender man, presumably O’niel was bent over his hands covered in brain matter of a blue skinned male patient half dressed lying on the table.

O’niel had dark red hair, and a pair of telescoping spectacles. His hands were busy inside the blue skinned head , he whistled as he concentrated on his work. “Mendula oblengatata is connected to the pre frontal cortex...” He looked bad... Blood dripped down his forearm and had turned deep dark red, almost black. The doctor was adfixing micro mom implants into some poor D-bee’s head, “Mom implant connected to... Shhh... easy there...” The man on the operating table started to tremble. Behind the doctor was a red panic button on the wall, and should he hit it The vehicle would lock down or worse.
Thunder at the entrance
[dice:1b3b68fx]64600:4[/dice:1b3b68fx] major issue, skill roll at -4
Unseen until the last moment Thunder appeared out of nowhere at the main entrance right behind the first person to go through it. As if a blur he raised a vibro blade ready for battle. The hummm of the blade was barely noticeable but the wild eyes of Thunder gave the close quater combat an errie sense of dread. Spittle dripped from his curled lip and he roared, “Ye needle nose wombat!” His micro-mom implants throbbed and glistened as they fed his hightened abilities. “It’s yer faukt! All yer faukt! I’ll kill ye and then hunt down all yer blue d-bees!” He moved with speed and agility almost impossible to follow making it a deadly challenge.
Macdonald’s panty trap
[dice:1b3b68fx]64600:5[/dice:1b3b68fx] jackpot! Skill roll at +2

The haughty voice of Commander Ronald Macdonald haunted the group. It seemed he knew what the group was up too. “I imagine you will send your psi ghost in a paltry attempt to gain access to our Mark IV. Not going to happen... You’ll never make it past the men having a bbq... Their so called burgers are laced with nano bots that will activate their micro MOM implants.” Their was a brief pause, the sound of water crashing over rocks could be heard over his open com line. “All I got to do is push this button, then those front facing undergarments will send an electrical pulse that interacts with their nano implants... Poof a squadron of crazies and best thing is you’ll all be dead. It’s really too bad I was unable to add...” It seemed as if his attention had been drawn away. Near the bank where the APC was parked a huge vortex emerged in the middle of the river, “A maelstrom Maker here??” For a moment the commander seemed to have something else and unexpected on his plate giving you the advantage.
So very sorry it took so long.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
74Z3 Jane Doe

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

@Pender Lumkiss very timely post Jon. Thanks for squeezing us into your busy schedule.

Jane was likely the only one of the Field Team Six that had not taken actions against Thunder. She was not entirely certain what the foul was spouting off about. She understand some of what he said but the context was missing. All of the context.

If she understood the concept of luck, then she probably would have used that term instead of talented. Jane had gone and outdistanced herself from the CS Squad. Leaving the bunker she had stumbled across a large object buried in the mud. Instictively she had hauled it from the mud and cleaned while she ran around like a screaming banshee.

Turns out, that the good things in her life tend to stay with her. She had her chain sword, once more.

So now, Thunder was going to face off against the Mistress of Speed herself.

"Thunder is mine. Thank whatever powers may be, the infernal weather has let up."

The last drops of rain plus the rushing wind past the chain sword, had freed up most of the mechanical parts of the blade.

Free At Last. The storm had abated and she was outside of that cramped tube shelter. The run had done her good and cleared up her Storm Fouled Senses & Drug Induced Tranquility.

Fighting
Scene Modifier: -4
[*] Fighting (1d8) [dice:c3tq09ub]64895:0[/dice:c3tq09ub]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:c3tq09ub]64895:1[/dice:c3tq09ub]
Stop Squeezing the Juice! Never!
[*] Burn (1d6) [dice:c3tq09ub]64895:2[/dice:c3tq09ub]
Scene Modifier (-4)
Fighting (5)
Burn (4)

1 Success
Aggelos

Post by Aggelos »

74Z3 Jane Doe wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:23 am "Its a good thing you are relaying this via radio. I am aways away from your position."

"How about changing these grunts following me into look alikes of us. Maybe draw the fire from the APC ..."

"... something is approaching, many things are approaching."

"Are we heading into an ambush? Not that I have a problem fighting."
Aggelos answers the juicer as she moves into position. "That is a SAMAS squad, flying power armor. And we were the ones doing the ambushing until they showed up, fucking chumps. So we really need in that APC and to get control of it's guns."
agility test for coolness
Agility [dice:okt3ibu3]65078:0[/dice:okt3ibu3]
wild [dice:okt3ibu3]65078:1[/dice:okt3ibu3]
As she's about to launch from cover her sixth sense tells her to dodge backwards instead and she's narrowly missed by the missile salvo. The concussion of the blast does send Aggelos tumbling and splayed out in a clearing, guns in the muck and the second flight of power armor bearing down on her.
Swooping in behind their Lt. and his new wingman, Smith, were Specialists Doaby and Gillis. Doaby spots one of the alleged malcontents in the aftermath of the first missile salvo. Lying prone, the enemy of humanity was an easy target, his favorite kind.
Looks like you and Smith flushed one out sir, Gillis and I will finish her off." As he turns to make a strafing run he sees the target stand and draw pistols of some archaic kind and raises them instead of running. Heh, stupid bi... is his last thought.
SAMAS Attack! task. Shooting 11, 2 successes
Modifiers: Trademark +1, wounds -1, Optics +1, Sharpshooting +1. Net +3
Shooting [dice:okt3ibu3]65078:2[/dice:okt3ibu3] Ace [dice:okt3ibu3]65078:4[/dice:okt3ibu3]
Wild [dice:okt3ibu3]65078:3[/dice:okt3ibu3]
Bullets used [dice:okt3ibu3]65078:5[/dice:okt3ibu3]
Gillis, just behind his partner and just as eager sees the woman stand, aim, fire both guns, and then is shocked when the back of Doabys helmet blows out. "Holy balls! Lt. this bitch just blew Doabys head off!" Then, with a scream of rage, he guns it for his partners killer, spraying at her with his rail gun as she dodges behind some rocks.
"Fuck, bad plan.. bad plan.." Aggy chides herself as she runs from the rail gun fire raining down around her. Juking and swerving, the young Atlantean finally finds a large rock to dive behind. She gets upright in time for the power armor to pass over her and begin climbing for another run but Aggy doesn't give him the chance. She fire half a dozen psionically enhanced rounds into the flight pack, detonating it like a bomb.

Weary and sore after a long day of epicly bad weather She lies there a second before riseing and opening comms. "Smith, I hope neither of those was you."
A few seconds later a reply. "No. <<A burst of railgun fire is heard>> And consider your mess cleaned up on this end."
Lt. Dave Wendy had severed as a scout for McDonald once or twice before he never much cared for the man, he'd serve anything and call it a burger. But they worked for the same command so it couldn't be avoided. Scouting for insurgents out to interfere with whatever the hells the big shoed creap was doing just meant a fly-by and maybe a little hunting for him and his men. He did have that new guy Smith to test in combat. But that Smith he just semed like one hell of a guy. The kind you could depend on, so Dave was confident.

When Doaby and Gillis report some sport to be had the LT is just about to ask if they need back up when Gillis makes his panicked call, followed shortly by a large explosion. "Crap! Smith get ready to burn these bastards down, we'll make a quick pass for coordinates and call in the thunder." But he doesn't hear Smiths reply as rail gun rounds are hypersonic.
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
  • List of Abilities

Edit Signature
Forty-Two

Post by Forty-Two »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:53 pm The six deadboys were lounging at the back of the APC, CS MkIV keeping a lazy watch over 12 blu skinned d-bees being held in a metalic makeshift pen. The so called pen was little more than a series of metalic stakes and barb wire. Two of the blue skins were face down in the mud with laser burns Lazlo got the back of their head. As the dark clouds over head disapated revealing a full moon and twinkling stars they got to talking enjoying the night air free of the rain.

The one with the tongs flipping over the meat motioned the other men to get in line for some burgers, “Ahhh... Rhino Meat, just my girl back home makes. It will make you forget you are wearing those purple panties. A little salt, pepper, and chili powder... Super simple and brings out the flavor.” He jerked his tongs to the pen, “It’s a good thing those blue skins only eat veggies, more meat for the rest of us eh! My girl would have liked to rough them up...”

The first soldier in line squared away his helmet. His brown messy hair seemed just a tad over regulation. His voice was squeaky, “Ahh, how long you been married to Sally Sgt?”

The one right behind him nudged the squeaky voice softly, “Common Tack, you know they are getting married next month... sheesh.”

The rest of the soldiers laughed at the foepaw. They seemed relaxed and ready to be taken out by the legions least.[/OOC]
Forty Two moved out, he loved this stuff and going out with his best friends to stop some Coalition from being the most evil evily evilness around was right up his ally. The way he figured it most of these guys where just confused and all they really needed was a handy dandy Forty Two to get them oriented. Normally such things where little to no effort. So it was that Forty Two snuck in as sneaky and a Forty Two can be and just sucked knocked the fellows out while they were distracted.

But upon hearing two of them would be getting married Forty Two knew they needed something extra special. His armor was damaged from earlier and well it just was not right for a man to get into a wedding all messed up with nothing special. So as soon as they were tied up, Forty Two started fixing the Sgt's armor. It was really no harm at all and the armor needed fixing anyways. Plus a little something special for the guy, Forty Two gave him the empathy stone he had been working on. Now the man would be better able to know what his wife needed and better able to take care of her. It would help the Sgt with making Ms. Sally happy and give him some of the empathy Coalition soldier generally lacked. The Sgt really was lucky Forty Two was here, Forty Two would hate to imagine the guy getting home without his magic amulet and not being able to take care of his wife.

After healing get those Grunts out of the way and knocked out, Forty Two tied them up real good, borrowed some grenades and went to help his friends. The Coalition guys always had the best grenades and leaving a couple for the others on his way out would be the best thing a best friend could do. Look at that, they also had data pads. Forty Two bet the others would love to play some of those cool games the Coalition had. Especially that new one "D-Bee Downfall" that was supposed to be the best and in the end you got to fight the bosses from a bunch of evil D-bee strongholds! "Thanks guys, you all have been real helpful. The best prisoners I ever ambushed and tied up. You like my best friends."

Missions like this required lots of stealth, but also lots of help. So Forty Two looked for a couple friends in extra struggles and decided he would lend a hand. Encouraging the others over the radio as they went in Forty Two made sure they knew they were the best Ninja's ever and this mission was easy as pie for them.

Stealth 1 Success, Support on Skelebots +2, Support on O'Niel +1
Scene +2
Hindrance: Quirk Forty Two is constantly trying to fix things. -2
Multiple Action -2
Total = -2

Stealth [dice:know5o3h]65115:0[/dice:know5o3h]
Wild [dice:know5o3h]65115:1[/dice:know5o3h]

Skelebots -2/+0 O'Niel, Multiple Action -2, Persuasion d6+2
Persuasion [dice:know5o3h]65115:2[/dice:know5o3h]
Persuasion [dice:know5o3h]65115:3[/dice:know5o3h]
Wild [dice:know5o3h]65115:4[/dice:know5o3h]
Ace [dice:know5o3h]65115:5[/dice:know5o3h]

Free Reroll Reliable
Persuasion [dice:know5o3h]65115:6[/dice:know5o3h]
Persuasion [dice:know5o3h]65115:7[/dice:know5o3h]
Wild [dice:know5o3h]65115:8[/dice:know5o3h]

Free Reroll Charisma
Persuasion [dice:know5o3h]65115:9[/dice:know5o3h] = O'Niel was only +0 not -2, so this is a +1
Persuasion [dice:know5o3h]65115:10[/dice:know5o3h]
Wild [dice:know5o3h]65115:11[/dice:know5o3h]
Ace [dice:know5o3h]65115:12[/dice:know5o3h] = Applied to Skelebots combatant
Keith

Post by Keith »

Taunt 11

Quarterly PTSD Roll: Spirit [dice:3y1rmgnq]65265:0[/dice:3y1rmgnq]
Wild Die [dice:3y1rmgnq]65265:1[/dice:3y1rmgnq]

Taunt [dice:3y1rmgnq]65265:2[/dice:3y1rmgnq]
Wild Die [dice:3y1rmgnq]65265:3[/dice:3y1rmgnq]
Ace [dice:3y1rmgnq]65265:4[/dice:3y1rmgnq]
He didn't know why exactly, but Keith just hated Skele-bots. Just something about them. They look dumb, that was it. Whenever he saw one of the things it just annoyed him by how dumb it looked. Naturally he headed towards the derpy things, which wasn't especially hard since A, he floats in the air and B. that dragon guy or whatever it was kept feeding him helpful tips over the comms to help him avoid the skellies. As soon as he got close enough, Keith attacks. He unleashes an electrical surge which he uses to lure the dumb things toward him. When they got close enough, he caused a show of electrical energy to swallow them whole. While this didn't exactly destroy them, it did enough to make it so that their sensors were a bit off. This was evident when one of them tipped over and started to flail it's leg's in the air, and another one shot the other one from about a foot away. It was either the electrical surge, or one of those coalition guys who was responsible for controlling the derpy things,,,what a loathsome person...but they shut down a few seconds later.
LuLu

Post by LuLu »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:53 pm
Sneaking in on O’neil
[dice:3st36v3m]64600:3[/dice:3st36v3m], lucky, skill roll at +0
Getting into the APC was not too difficult. This was a CS style MKIV parked near a river bank. There were multiple points of entry. An open hatch that let the night air breeze in had been opened recently as the storm had now passed. The gunnery turret was unmanned and its port hole to the APC’s main cabin could provide access. Someone could even teleport or walk through the walls of the vehicle if they the right equipment or skill. However, once inside Lt. O’niel a cyber specialist, was all that stood between you and taking the vehicle.

The main cabin held a series of video monitors displaying the skelebots view points, as well as some chairs and a desk. Pender Lumpkiss was slumped and strapped to a nearby chair. On the far side was both an operating table and control that opened the vehicles main hatch. A slender man, presumably O’niel was bent over his hands covered in brain matter of a blue skinned male patient half dressed lying on the table.

O’niel had dark red hair, and a pair of telescoping spectacles. His hands were busy inside the blue skinned head , he whistled as he concentrated on his work. “Mendula oblengatata is connected to the pre frontal cortex...” He looked bad... Blood dripped down his forearm and had turned deep dark red, almost black. The doctor was adfixing micro mom implants into some poor D-bee’s head, “Mom implant connected to... Shhh... easy there...” The man on the operating table started to tremble. Behind the doctor was a red panic button on the wall, and should he hit it The vehicle would lock down or worse.
Stepping up
Scene Mod +0, Forty Two Assit +1, Healer Edge+2, Body fixer free reroll. Net +3

Healing skill roll for sedation: [dice:3st36v3m]65282:0[/dice:3st36v3m]
ACE! [dice:3st36v3m]65282:2[/dice:3st36v3m]
Wild: [dice:3st36v3m]65282:1[/dice:3st36v3m]
Lulu could feel her heart in her throat as she skulked through the shadows and peeked through the open hatch. She saw the room spread out before her and she held her breath as she watched the dark blood drip to the stained floor.

What are you going to do? What to do? Shoot him in the back? That hardly seems right. What about that oath you swore when you became a doctor? Remember that long Hippocratic thing? She'd memorized her oath years before she'd stood in front of her teachers and fellow infirmary staff members to speak the words out loud. She could still recite it from memory. She ran over the words in her head as she took a few shallow breaths. It didn't actually say to Do No Harm like in the novels she read. It basically just said to use her skills for the betterment of her fellow man. Taking out this monster was definitely a point in the Betterment column.

With that thought firmly in her mind, a plan formed. It took Lulu only a moment to prepare. Then she took one final deep breath and stepped quickly around the door. She had to move fast to get close, but not so fast to look like a charge.

"Actually the medulla oblongata is connected to the midbrain, not the prefrontal cortex." Lulu spoke up as she stepped into the room. She held her hands up from her sides with her palm facing forward, showing that she wasn't armed. Her laser pistol still had its holster strap buttoned down securely.

"But then that song was never very accurate anyway. The hip bone's connected to the leg bone? The hip is a joint, the pelvis is the bone. And as you no doubt are aware, there is more than an single 'LEG' bone." Lulu kept moving forward with her hands extended as she continued to speak. She crooked her pinky fingers on both hands minutely for the air quotes.

It only took a few long strides to come to the side of the operating table. Dr O'Niel seemed shocked to see her. His hands, unconsciously raised out of the the body before him, dripped onto cleaner sections of the floor. Suddenly There was a crash from outside. Forty two's distraction. O'Niel's eyes snapped toward the sound and he jerked to turn around, but Lulu reacted faster. As she swung her arm up, she flipped the syringe she'd held between her fingers around and plunged the needle down into the doctor's exposed neck. His right hand jerked away from the button and up to the syringe still sticking out of his neck. Lulu grabbed the hand and pulled him away from the alarm. In his surprise he allowed himself to be dragged away... one step.. two steps. Then his knees buckled and his eyes rolled up into his head.

"Oh sweet fancy Moses on buttered toast! I can't believe that worked!"
Lulu Borland__

Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Ophelia Monk

Post by Ophelia Monk »

Intimidation 11
Intimidation d6
+2 from 42
+2 from Scene
+2 Psi-Ghosting
Intimidation [dice:23bssff3]65758:0[/dice:23bssff3]
Wild Intimidation [dice:23bssff3]65758:1[/dice:23bssff3]
The haughty voice of Commander Ronald Macdonald haunted the group. It seemed he knew what the group was up too. “I imagine you will send your psi ghost in a paltry attempt to gain access to our Mark IV. Not going to happen... You’ll never make it past the men having a bbq... Their so called burgers are laced with nano bots that will activate their micro MOM implants.” Their was a brief pause, the sound of water crashing over rocks could be heard over his open com line. “All I got to do is push this button, then those front facing undergarments will send an electrical pulse that interacts with their nano implants... Poof a squadron of crazies and best thing is you’ll all be dead. It’s really too bad I was unable to add...” It seemed as if his attention had been drawn away. Near the bank where the APC was parked a huge vortex emerged in the middle of the river, “A maelstrom Maker here??” For a moment the commander seemed to have something else and unexpected on his plate giving you the advantage.
Thank goodness for megalomania....

Ophelia recorded Macdonald's boasting on her , then made a beeline for the "barbecue", leaving Lulu to deal with the APC itself. Getting as close as she could to the men, she pulled out the recorder and pressed 'play', just as Macdonald was distracted by the vortex.

A few of the men took potshots at her, but of course, they passed through harmlessly. More of them, though, began paying attention to the words they were hearing from the comm unit.

"If any of you don't wish to have your brains scrambled by the nanobots you've ingested, I would recommend discarding those less-than-fashionable undergarments as quickly as possible--your vibro-knives should do the trick. Of course, if you'd rather become a drooling lunatic, feel free to keep them on until your commander pushes the button.....
Thank goodness for megalomania....

Ophelia recorded Macdonald's boasting on her , then made a beeline for the "barbecue", leaving Lulu to deal with the APC itself. Getting as close as she could to the men, she pulled out the recorder and pressed 'play', just as Macdonald was distracted by the vortex.

A few of the men took potshots at her, but of course, they passed through harmlessly. More of them, though, began paying attention to the words they were hearing from the comm unit.

"If any of you don't wish to have your brains scrambled by the nanobots you've ingested, I would recommend discarding those less-than-fashionable undergarments as quickly as possible--your vibro-knives should do the trick. Of course, if you'd rather become a drooling lunatic, feel free to keep them on until your commander pushes the button.....
Ophelia Monk
OOC Comments
Skills:
Gear:
Communicator, Binoculors
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Seriously captured...

After minutes of intense action the errie sound of meat grilling on a nearby bbq fills the ears of Field Team Six and acrid fried skelebot fills their nostrils. At the waters edge the torrential vortex that had distracted commander Ronald Macdonald subsided... Purple panties littered the ground. A lone SAMAS flew off northward. It commed the team on a legionnaire priority frequency. ”Code word: Pomegranate... This is agent Smith I am heading back to Echo base. Captain Adeline Carter is recalling all squads out currently capturing the blue skins. Looks like you got yourself a Mark IV APC complete with dual linked medium railguns and light lasers. Congrats... I would disable the tracking unit if you want to keep it. Watch out for booby traps, Macdonald is a bastard for sure, but always thrice prepared. Good luck with your prisoners, I would imagine you have three hours before someone comes looking for them. Agent Smith out.”

It is still night and in the reprieve fatigue and hunger set in. The meat grilling smelled awful nice but Macdonald’s threat of using the meat to release nano bots into his troops system might taint it for some. Pender was barely aliave despite previous healing there seemed something else at work, some kind of poison in his system that was slowly killing him. Fortunately half the APC had been turned into a high tech medical ward.

The group had amassed a cornicopia of prisoners deadicated to their iradication and the survival of the CS. 5 grunts, a doctor named O’niel. None of them seemed too talkative at the moment. The Faelurins that were inside the makeshift pen were malnourished but still alive. One of them stepped forward nervously his blue eyes twitched back and forth. His voice was strained and scared, “Please... Please don’t kill us. Let us go before the evil ones come for us.” He was perhaps going to say more but Thunder interupted.

Thunder looked up at Jane and the others. His face was barely recognizable and bloody. It looked like someone had taken a microplane to his face slicing it 1000 times. He was on one knee barely staying up. He coughed spitting blood, “So fast... This is it?” His eyes rolled back and he collapsed no longer breathing. Indeed this was it.

Macdonald was on the ground surrounded by purple panties. He looked at them as if his best laid plans had gone awry. Somehow these Legionaires had gotten the better of him, or did they... He looked up at the heroes and winked. A flash of light seemed to twinkle in his left eye. His image fluttered and stuttered... A well made Hologram! “You win this round... Legionaires. By Prosek... Till next time.” The image faded and the group was left with an expensive holo projecting unit.
Back in the Bunker
Angis was covered in blood. Both of his legs were missing and a vibro dagger was logged in his shoulder. Twenty feet away on a metal grate was a long range radio. With what strength he had left he dragged himself slowly toward the radio. Blood dripped from his mouth, “Damn blue skins... cowering down below... Fuckin radio... Who puts it on the top fuckin level...Uggghhh... Need to call for help...”

Ok so you are up. Got some prisoners, got back Pender, got an APC. There is some laser rifles, vibroblades, grenades, laser pistols. About 120k in total assuming you can transport it and sell it.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Forty-Two

Post by Forty-Two »

Forty Two sees the projector and immediately goes to it. This is the coolest toy. Maybe he can fix it or work on it. Something, but before any of that he removed the battery from the device so it cannot be used to spy on the team. The fun he could have with this is amazing just to think about. Springing over to the Faelurins he starts checking them out. "I can help some of you, but there are too many for me to help you all. Going in the middle of them he begins providing what little help he can, knowing that the best healer in the whole world is on his team and all he needs to do is support her with what she needs. "@LuLu what do you need me to do here, i know you are the best, but I can help with whatever you need? I even have some magic you can use for this if you have a way to fix these people?"

He lets Lulu use his PPE and does what he can with his own trivial healing powers to support her, even allowing her to use the PPE stored in his Dark elven Dancer Ndreare statue. Forty Two is so lost in helping Lulu do what needs done that he completely misses the opportunity for looting and surveying. Unless the others point something out to him, he will not know of it.

Up to 15 PPE avaiable for Lulu if needed to help these Faelurin. +2 Support to Lulu's Faith for healing them
Support Reliable and Charisma = 2 free rerolls
Persuasion [dice:2n8z7a7s]65927:0[/dice:2n8z7a7s]
Wild [dice:2n8z7a7s]65927:1[/dice:2n8z7a7s]

Persuasion [dice:2n8z7a7s]65927:2[/dice:2n8z7a7s]
Wild [dice:2n8z7a7s]65927:3[/dice:2n8z7a7s] Ace [dice:2n8z7a7s]65927:4[/dice:2n8z7a7s]

Ophelia Monk

Post by Ophelia Monk »

OOC Comments
Persuasion [dice:1suf8nhv]65944:0[/dice:1suf8nhv]
Wild Persuasion [dice:1suf8nhv]65944:1[/dice:1suf8nhv]
Ophelia smiles in amusement as 42 just slips into the pen and starts tending to the imprisoned D-Bees. Then she nods to the apparent spokesman. "Of course we will release you. As my companion notes, we will also tend to any injured among you and, in addition, will reunite you with some others of your group whom we encountered--you have their courage to thank for our being here to help you. Once you are all together, I do hope you will consider accepting a further offer of aid--we come from a place called Castle Refuge, and as the name suggests, we seek to provide sanctuary to all who need succor from persecution. No need to discuss it now--I just wished for you to be aware of the opportunity from the outset."

As she speaks, she deftly draws out her vibro-knife and cuts open the door of the makeshift pen, making good on her declaration to free them. "We have secured a vehicle, as well, which will let us get you all safely away before the evil ones return."
Ophelia Monk
OOC Comments
Skills:
Gear:
Communicator, Binoculors
Aggelos

Post by Aggelos »

Aggy limps into the camp sore from her battle and previous wounds cussing loudly at McDonalds disappearance. She scowls at the trussed up Coalition soldiers. "Nice work and all guys, but what the fuck are we gonna do with these assholes? That one.." She jabs a finger at the surgeon who is still doped to the gills, "in particular deserves nothing less than his throat slit." It takes the psi-slinger a second to get her hatred of the doctor under control. She didn't know the man's entire history, maybe he had yet to become the monster she'd fought in her time.

"But since doing the sensible thing and cutting their throats would be "against Legion ethics", put me down as against taking them with us. I say we leave em tied up. Like Smith said, a search team will come looking. They'll probably be ok. So, unless anyone is familiar with current coalition military operating systems I'll see if I can shut down the tracker."
Shutting down tracker transmission 6
Modifiers: wounds -1. Net -1
Electronics [dice:2ss33lm8]65951:0[/dice:2ss33lm8]
Wild [dice:2ss33lm8]65951:1[/dice:2ss33lm8]
Benny to reroll
Electronics [dice:2ss33lm8]65951:2[/dice:2ss33lm8]
Wild [dice:2ss33lm8]65951:3[/dice:2ss33lm8] Ace [dice:2ss33lm8]65951:4[/dice:2ss33lm8]
Moving into the command center Aggelos begins interacting with the APCs onboard systems. They were a decade or more older than the ones she was used to but innovation wasn't a looked for trait in military IT developers, consistency was. Still she was no expert so instead of doing anything fancy she opted to put the vehicles long range antennae on a repeated maintenance cycle. While the operating theater was now properly closed off with Lulu trying to save the mad Dr. poor patient, Aggy had been able to get enough of a look to see that O'Neil was already well on his way in the atrocity department and that they weren't gonna be leaving until the medic had things under control. Lulu was certainly good at her job, but brain surgery in a moving vehicle was probably right out.
Smarts
Modifiers: wounds -1
Smarts [dice:2ss33lm8]65951:5[/dice:2ss33lm8]
Wild [dice:2ss33lm8]65951:6[/dice:2ss33lm8] Ace [dice:2ss33lm8]65951:7[/dice:2ss33lm8]
Once she's pretty sure she has it Aggy announces over team comms "That should take care of long range tracking but McDonald's the paranoid type so I'd bet there's something short ranged not tied to the vehicle systems. I suggest we gather up anything useful, get the blue peaceniks loaded up and be ready to roll as soon as Lulu is ready."
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
  • List of Abilities

Edit Signature
LuLu

Post by LuLu »

Damn Dirty Dice
Triage Science Check: [dice:1hrwjrfw]66248:0[/dice:1hrwjrfw]
Wild: [dice:1hrwjrfw]66248:1[/dice:1hrwjrfw]
Blue skin on the operating table and Pender are critical.
3PP Healing spell on BlueSkin with aim to stabilize him enough for transfer to Castle Refuge:
Faith(Spirit) With +2 Healing Edge= [dice:1hrwjrfw]66248:2[/dice:1hrwjrfw]
Wild [dice:1hrwjrfw]66248:3[/dice:1hrwjrfw]
Success = Auto raise.

4pp Healing spell with NEUTRALIZE POISON OR DISEASE modifier on Pender. 2 pts from Lulu, 2pts from 42.
Faith(Spirit) With +2 Healing Edge=[dice:1hrwjrfw]66248:4[/dice:1hrwjrfw]
Wild [dice:1hrwjrfw]66248:5[/dice:1hrwjrfw]
Crit Fail!
Agility [dice:1hrwjrfw]66248:8[/dice:1hrwjrfw]
wild [dice:1hrwjrfw]66248:9[/dice:1hrwjrfw]

Current bennies: 1/3 powerpoints: 0/15 42's Powerpoints 13/15
I forgot to use 42's support bonuses, but they wouldn't have helped more on either roll.

Body Fixer for a free reroll
Faith(Spirit) With +2 Healing Edge= [dice:1hrwjrfw]66248:6[/dice:1hrwjrfw]
Wild [dice:1hrwjrfw]66248:7[/dice:1hrwjrfw]
NEVERMIND

As soon as O'neil was on the ground, Lulu had pulled together power and whispered her healing words over the blue skin's brain. She only wanted to stop the bleeding and seal the wound. Hopefully the better trained staff at Castle Refuge would be able to fix whatever lasting damage the doctor's experiment had done. She had a passing doubt that her magic wouldn't work on this different race, and sent a silent prayer along with her pull of power. She let out a sigh of relief when when the dripping incision slowly knit itself closed and some color returned the man's pale skin. He would live through the night at least.
Forty-Two wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:47 am "@LuLu what do you need me to do here, i know you are the best, but I can help with whatever you need? I even have some magic you can use for this if you have a way to fix these people?"
"Thank you Forty-two!" The young medic gave him a grateful smile and then got down to business. Lulu quickly organized able-bodied people, both willing and unwilling, to gather supplies, administer first aid, and get the worst injuries stabilized as soon as possible. Lulu herself took on the two most critical cases, the blue skin O'Neil was "operating" on and Pender, who's condition certainly hasn't improved since he was dragged out of the bunker. The patient's stats were stabilized now, so she turned her attention to Pender. Her previous tries hadn't yielded the kind of healing she wanted to see in him. Now it seemed there was something more than just injuries preventing his recovery. It felt like a toxin or a poison, but none of her scans or training could determine what it was.

Lulu bent over the stretcher that Pender had been laid out on and pulled the power to her hands. "Fi Vindecat si bine!" She put extra emphasis in the command, willing the power deep into the man's chest. But she felt it slip sideways and out of her grasp. The power rebounded as something dark and alien wormed its way through Pender. His body convulsed on the table. For a brief moment Lulu found herself looking at his contorting face as a faint black spiral mist swarmed from his mouth. The black particles glinted in the dark and lunged wildly for the medic. She threw herself to the side, barely dodging out of the way as the mist shot at her face. Twisting to follow it, she saw the particles face quickly into nothingness, leaving Lulu to wonder if she'd actually seen anything at all.

Spinning back to Pender she desperately checked the monitors she'd attached to him and rechecked is condition. No improvement. In fact, his vitals had slowed to the point that he'd slipped into a deep coma. Lulu sighed in defeat. She tucked the blanket back around their commander and left the medical ward to find the rest of her team.

As @Aggelos stands over O'Neil with disgust evident on her face, Lulu gives the doctor's shoulder a kick, rolling him flat onto his back. "I didn't measure the dose specifically to his body weight. I just loaded as much as the syringe would hold. His heart could stop or if we're very lucky, he'll choke on his own vomit. I've done my best to stabilize his last victim, but I'm not sure he'll survive. And the commander..." She sighed heavily and bit her lip. "He's getting worse and I don't know what more I can do. Come help me move them and lets get out of here."
Lulu Borland__

Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
74Z3 Jane Doe

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Jane uses her greatsword and lobs off Silented Thunder's head. She then grabs the head, stuffs it with a grenade and lobs the ticking time bomb after the retreating Smith.

Picking up the holo unit, she pockets it and heads back towards the bunker, uncertain of where she is needed next.

Return to “Adventure Forum”