Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

User avatar
Zilaetheryan
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:38 pm

Re: Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Zilaetheryan »

Zil is angry. Angry. He eyes the newcomers. The Debrek duplicates are gone, which means there’s nothing obvious for Zil to hit, making Zil even more angry.

His claws dig into the deck like it was paper, leaving large gouges in the metal. When Fiona approaches, his first instinct is to rend her in two (and he always follows his instincts), but then @Kalaetheryan steps in, speaking with the mortal. Not wanting to undermine his brother in front of these strangers, Zil stays his attack. He can always kill them later, after all.

And then @Malaetheryan starts helping the mortals, causing Zil to stifle an exasperated sigh. Fine.

Refusing to deign to speak to these new creatures, Zil lets out a low growl whenever one approaches.

Brothers, what are we doing, here? Why are we not destroying this infernal ship and going after that hag?

His reluctance notwithstanding, he does come when Mal mentions gear that will fit, and is surprised to find a collection of those damnable dragonbane blades amongst the tiny hoard. It seems her underlings don’t trust her, either.

Shifting into his human form, Zil dons his newly claimed armor and straps on the clawed vambraces. How long do you intend for us to keep up this charade, Mal? Kal, how weakened are you, brother?

Following Mal’s lead, Zil taps into his innate psionic skill to assess the damage to the vessel that for so many years has been his prison.
Psionics 6, 1 Token
Psi [dice:15q4vuh3]64306:0[/dice:15q4vuh3] + [dice:15q4vuh3]64306:2[/dice:15q4vuh3]
Wild [dice:15q4vuh3]64306:1[/dice:15q4vuh3] + [dice:15q4vuh3]64306:3[/dice:15q4vuh3]

-2 for Exhaustion
Zilaetheryan
Humanoid Form Pace: 6; Parry: 7, 9 w/FIWS; Toughness: 22(11)
Dragon Form Pace: 6; Flight Pace: 18; Parry: 7; Toughness: 38(18) MDC; Size: 6
Notes: Causes Fear checks (in dragon form); Resistant to fire and cold (-4) (in dragon form); Enemies (human supremacists)
Zil

User avatar
Kalaetheryan
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:16 am

Re: Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Kalaetheryan »

Diagnosis roll
Psionics -2 from scene, -2 from Fatigue
[dice:32hkh4zf]64311:0[/dice:32hkh4zf]
WD Psionics
[dice:32hkh4zf]64311:1[/dice:32hkh4zf]
Kal is no stranger to calming the storm that is Zil's rage. Commiseration and a gentle word often serve better to restrain his brother from violence than outright physical effort. "I wished to shred the craft between us as soon as my feet hit the floor of it. A pox and a curse upon even those who helped fashion what was our prison for so long. However, we have no idea where we are, who we walk amongst, and how far it may be until we reach Ishiasha. And...I am very tired. Loathe as I am to say it, this ship may be capable of faster travel than the three of us. Destroying possibly superior means of far travel isn't prudent. Trust me, I long to divide her living flesh between us, that we may inflict such a measure of pain as she will feel in the afterlife. But I prefer to do it sooner, and with less tiresome exertion of simply flying there ourselves. These mortals may be able to aid us in that quest." He places his hand on his brother's shoulder. "Make no mistake. The mortals are a means to an end, at the very least. Should they decide to extract some measure of our due of vengeance on that witch, then they shall meet equally as painful an end."
He turns towards Fiona again. "You'll forgive my brother Zil, won't you? It is less than satisfying to dig your claws into your hated enemy, only to find out they are a facsimile." He smiles, at once both a reassuring and rather frightening smile. He nods towards her, then proceeds to follow his brother Mal's path. "I shall see if there is some sense I can make of the ship's condition and course. Excuse me."
He reaches out to Mal. "I am coming to you. What have you gleaned from your analysis of this craft? Ooh, weaponry!" He shifts to his minotaur form and greets his brother's oni shape with a strong clap on the shoulder. "This is an excellent discovery! Well done." A selection of appropriately sized armor, weaponry, and a credstick are picked out and donned. He moves about the ship, inspecting what and where he may. Unfortunately, he is more than tired, and learns nothing new of their surroundings.
Kalaetheryan
Kalaetheryan sheet
Current Status Post
Parry: 5; Toughness 37 (18)
Active Powers: None
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 1/2

User avatar
Zilaetheryan
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:38 pm

Re: Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Zilaetheryan »

Kalaetheryan wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:33 am
Kal is no stranger to calming the storm that is Zil's rage. Commiseration and a gentle word often serve better to restrain his brother from violence than outright physical effort. "I wished to shred the craft between us as soon as my feet hit the floor of it. A pox and a curse upon even those who helped fashion what was our prison for so long. However, we have no idea where we are, who we walk amongst, and how far it may be until we reach Ishiasha. And...I am very tired. Loathe as I am to say it, this ship may be capable of faster travel than the three of us. Destroying possibly superior means of far travel isn't prudent. Trust me, I long to divide her living flesh between us, that we may inflict such a measure of pain as she will feel in the afterlife. But I prefer to do it sooner, and with less tiresome exertion of simply flying there ourselves. These mortals may be able to aid us in that quest."
Well reasoned, brother. Both of you. We will stay our hands, then, for the greater good.

To the attractive female creature who spoke dragon so well, he relays the results of his Psionic efforts in understandable but accented Trade (4? 6? I can never remember), telling her what he learned about the magic symbols.
@Fiona Gladbrooke
Zilaetheryan
Humanoid Form Pace: 6; Parry: 7, 9 w/FIWS; Toughness: 22(11)
Dragon Form Pace: 6; Flight Pace: 18; Parry: 7; Toughness: 38(18) MDC; Size: 6
Notes: Causes Fear checks (in dragon form); Resistant to fire and cold (-4) (in dragon form); Enemies (human supremacists)
Zil

User avatar
Fiona Gladbrooke
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:51 pm

Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Fiona Gladbrooke »

Kalaetheryan wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:37 pm
Kal's eyes scan across the new, unfamiliar faces. As no remaining Debrek clones are there to cloud his judgment, he thinks through their current situation. He looks down at the human-looking woman in front of them. A bold specimen, clearly, to stroll up to three obviously angry dragons. Her command of the draconic language gives him pause, though no outward evidence is seen on his face. Obviously, she expects her knowledge of their language to curry favor with them.
In their current state, she is not wrong.
"Brothers, if you are in the same exhausted state I find myself in, then a violent overthrow of the leadership of this craft is unwise. Further, destroying the people who, apparently, are responsible for our release seems...rash. They are the enemy of our hated foe. I suggest caution, but let us cooperate as far as it does us no harm and allows us time to recover."
He nods towards the woman and replies, also in draconic. "While our plan of escape was complete and about to be executed, still, we are grateful for your expediting of our release. Though a thousand years can pass us by as if it were merely a blink of the eye, even a moment in captivity is a moment too long." He stands to full height, stretching out his arms and wings to their greatest extent. "Ah...that's better." His eyes fall again to Fiona. "Tell me of this craft and your new ownership of it. Tell me, also, of your disagreement with the elf and his kin. Lastly, tell me, if you would, that you intend to pursue Debrek and Ishiasha until the end of the stars, that we might repay their...hospitality." He sighs a little and shakes his head.
She scowls at the name of the elf, "Our quarrel was actually with his captain. He made a professional disagreement personal so we learned more about him. And while none of us would qualify for Cosmo Knight day camp, well maybe Sa'M, none of us can stomach the kind of depravity Durrock encouraged. So we decided to do the universe a favor and upgrade our situation at the same time. As for the elf, well instead of just running he caused the death of one of ours so I'm guessing he'll be in our sights. I have no idea who Ishiasha is, but if the elf runs to her... Well it's nice to have an idea where he may run to." Her formerly warm smile is like a chip of ice as she finishes the thought.

As they walk the ship Fiona stops in the doorway to the hold where the former rank and file crew not wishing to work for the new owners are being kept.
Persuasion to support 10 (or 14)
Modifiers: Scene -4 (?), Very Attractive +2, Item bonus +2. Net 0 (or +4)
Persuasion [dice:2wffz3ox]64363:0[/dice:2wffz3ox]
Wild [dice:2wffz3ox]64363:1[/dice:2wffz3ox]
Free reroll
Persuasion [dice:2wffz3ox]64363:2[/dice:2wffz3ox]
Wild [dice:2wffz3ox]64363:3[/dice:2wffz3ox]
"Look I know you all don't want to be on this ship any more and that's ok. So the sooner this ship can get somewhere to drop you all off, the sooner you get what you want." Her brief pep talk stirs a few defectors into action helping out, sending them where Otter directs after relaying Zil's findings.
Fiona Quick stats
[https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=209&t=4214]Fiona Gladbrooke[/url]
Pace: 6; Parry: 6/8 Toughness: 10 base, 24 (11) in full kit
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: XX/XX
Bennies: 3/3
Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
Ndreare
Savage Siri
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Skagit County, Washington
Contact:

Re: Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Ndreare »

As the remorseless searches the ship’s systems for the various damage and risk points and assesses the crew for potential sabotage. They find some very unwanted information as the full damage assessment is made:
  • AI, the AI is missing! That is correct the ships AI normally designed to work with the crew and aid in piloting is missing. The previous host location in engineering is empty! Luckily once you get back Remorseless from Granny, Death Otter can install her.
  • Engines & Propulsion, speed reduced by 25% from grenades and other damage to engine room. All rolls from the engine room suffer additional -2.
  • Hull damage, report shows little to no structural damage.
  • Bridge, will need completely rebuilt all operations from bridge are at -4, without the bridges interface between mundane and TW systems all operations from any other location is at an additional -2
  • Life Support, seems to be working fine.
  • Piloting, can only be done from the bridge and likewise suffers a -4 as well as a full EVA.
  • PPE Battery, completely destroyed and currently running about the ship like they own it.
  • Rift Drive, damaged, but operable. Can be activated if you find enough PPE, but suffers an additional -2 above to the -4 from piloting from bridge.
  • Sensors and Navigation, sensors seem to be working well. However the feed and navigation are fed primarily through the bridge. They can be accessed from engineering with a -2, but the state of engineering means this will aggregate to a -4.
  • Shields, seem to be working well, though interfacing them without access to the bridge must be done from the engine room or suffer a -2.
  • Weapons Systems, fully functional

From the Crew it seems only about 19 are trustworthy. The majority of the crew seems to, while not hostile, have a demeanor you do not think should be allowed access to critical systems, or be trusted with operations. Overall the peacekeeper is worth tens of millions, but it will cost millions to repair.

The crew is faced with several choices;
  • Try and make as many repairs as possible here in space without a full suit of much needed replacement parts
  • Fly for a place to land and make those same repairs.
  • Limp along and find a job to steel or buy the parts needed, then make repairs
  • Some other creative idea you the crew comes up with?

However as going through the ship each of you finds something interesting and useful.
Brokner Jokobi
- A full suit of Techno Wizardry and Mundane tools. Any work done using this shop by a TW receives a free reroll in addition to the normal benefits of working in a shop.

Currently there is about 500,000 credits worth of spare parts and materials in the shop area.
Death Otter
- Norro Psi Amplification Helm device. These useful Psi-Crystal devices are uncommon to say the least. Normally used by special forces and others, the bracers allow the Norro to shoot powerful bolts that simultaneously ensnare their target in a telekinetic field and stun them from synaptic overload.

Norro Neural Overload Bracer
Base Item: Class IV computer
Special: The character may use the area effect modifiers applied to both Entangle and Stun for 4 and 6 points respectively. In addition the character may spend ISP to boost the roll as if an innate power.
Powers: By spending 4 ISP and rolling Psionics the character activates both Entangle + Stun on the same target.
Note: The two effects happen sanctimoniously and the distracted from entangle does not apply to the stun resistance roll from the same activation. It would however apply from previous distracted results or previous uses of the bracer.
ISP: 20
Can only be used by a major psionic.
Fiona Gladbrooke
- Fiona did not like relying on magic and it was a waste of time to be sure. But when she was going through the search the Polyphase Generator she found in Essence and Powers room was simply amazing. The device made her completely imperceptible to electronics and machinery. With a battery capable of running for minutes this thing could be a real asset.

Polyphase Generator
This field somehow completely prevents you from being detected by any sort of electronic device or means. Forcing people to rely on their own two eyes. When active no mechanical or electronic modifiers can aid in attempts to perceive the character, they do nto set of motion, heat or sound detectors, and cannot be recorded. It has two settings.
- Invisibility and access to True Invisibility modifier, both trapped only versus electronics
- 20 Power Point reserve, recharges by plugging in to normal power supply.
Sa’Maku
- As searching the quarters finds a large servo harness with designed to bolt directly onto Durrack. The harness is designed with twin linked light rail guns fired from over each shoulder. With a little effort this could easily be adapted to bolt onto Sa’s marine armor.
Thissok
- Write an exit scene for Thissok, While it was disappointing to find his brain was not in the head, and the body was missing after the battle. Thissok does have Angelus’ head. The disturbing thing has potential to be something amazingly useful.

Thissok is now ready to move on. Or she can become a NPC traveling with the crew, but will no longer be your character.
Zarlo
- Write an exit scene for Zarlo, seeing on the ground the rod used by Debrek, or perhaps a copy from one of his clones Zarlo picks it up and finds it still functional!
This Enchanted battery can contain 30 PPE, it is spent at this moment.
Triple Dragons
- The crystal from the prison still calls to you. And when touched you find it reinforces your bond.
You are able to fashion 3 collars or amulets from these crystals. When in your possession you may draw on each others power pools on a 2 for 1 basis. This drawing is involuntary, so posesion of the crystal simply allows it to happen with or without permission.
Everyone
As to Ramson - What arrangements must be made, how is he honored or cared for?


INSTRUCTIONS
Role play your choices, decisions and actions, plans.

Then vote in this handy dandy poll.
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=4911

Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5; Mission: Get Revenge on Durrack
  • +6 Players
    +1 Sidekicks (Not counting Rust Bucket who is temporary out of play)
    -2 Benny for Special Ritual & Extra Effect
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    +1 Joker again
    -1 reroll not to fly away
    -1 Reroll to hit Sa'Maku in vengeance
    -1 Reroll to damage Sa'Maku in vengeance
    -1 New Card for Debrek to go before Thissok

Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4, Murder a man at his place of business]




Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative without rerolls.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*][b]Quick rerolls 16 or less[/b]
[*][b]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 24 or less (SWD only)[/b]
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]




  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

    3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

    4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

    6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

    9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

    11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

    12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Kalaetheryan
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:16 am

Re: Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Kalaetheryan »

Kal wanders the ship, aimlessly at times, it would seem, watching the crew and the new owners. He searches for insight into what he might do to bend the situation to his advantage...but in the back of his mind, his prison echoes. It was home for 50 years. Torturous, perhaps, but the thing left an indelible impression. He finds himself standing over the shattered crystal, staring into it. He bends down to a sizable chunk of the stuff, his minotaur form melting and growing into his full draconic shape. With a sudden outburst of rage and power, he rams his fist into the crystal chunk, splintering it further into three similarly sized pieces. He picks them up and feels a surge. He stands and assumes his minotaur form again, then heads to find his brothers.
Kalaetheryan
Kalaetheryan sheet
Current Status Post
Parry: 5; Toughness 37 (18)
Active Powers: None
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 1/2

User avatar
Sa’Maku
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Sa’Maku »

Sa;Maku smiles at the thought of taking something from a vanquished enemy and latching it onto his armour, perhaps that could be a new custom of his that comes with the new ship. The matter of the ship was something else altogether, most of the crew were not the sort he wanted to run with and the former command staff had scuttled many critical systems. Fortunately, Jackobi knew something of arcane technology and was able to make the ship serviceable. It was a dangerous gamble to go back to the Baba Yaga so soon, but they needed the Remorseless in order to pay for the repairs to their new vessel.

Fortunately, Ransom had not curse him with command.

"Let us find a place to make some repairs. We also need to get the rabble rousers off the ship before they infect what little honorable crew we have."

User avatar
Zilaetheryan
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:38 pm

Re: Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Zilaetheryan »

Zil stands in his new armor, the wicked-looking tri-claw/plasma pistol weapons affixed to each arm, and feels himself for the first time in decades.

He eyes his surroundings with ill-concealed contempt, but he is resolved. He and his brothers will use this situation to their advantage. They have been patient for half a century, and they can be patient a little while longer.

The Seljuk, @Sa’Maku speaks sense, and Zil is inclined to lend the significant weight of his word to that of the smaller creature. "Yes. Let us repair this damned ship. If there is crew that is without honor, as you put it, well, it would be my honor to see to their departure."

He sees @Kalaetheryan come around the corner holding something in his hand. "What is that?"
Zilaetheryan
Humanoid Form Pace: 6; Parry: 7, 9 w/FIWS; Toughness: 22(11)
Dragon Form Pace: 6; Flight Pace: 18; Parry: 7; Toughness: 38(18) MDC; Size: 6
Notes: Causes Fear checks (in dragon form); Resistant to fire and cold (-4) (in dragon form); Enemies (human supremacists)
Zil

User avatar
Ramson Gourdaine
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:59 am

Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Ramson Gourdaine »

Thissok approaches Death Otter, opening a telepathic conduit between their minds once again. And yes, her psychic 'voice' still has that sibilant hiss that DO loved so much.

There isss more you need to know, Captain, before I take my leave. One reassson Ramssson opted to exxxpend himssself in the end isss that he realizzzed that hisss mind had been tampered with.... He knew hisss firssst inssstinct ssshould be to ssset a courssse back to retrieve the AIsss, but he found he could not make himssself do ssso.... I had noticcced when we firssst arrived here that a ssspell had been placcced upon him---and sssince all our active magicsss had been eliminated by the one called 'Grandmother' before our departure, it ssstandsss to reassson that that isss who placcced the inhibition upon him. Sssinccce the contract ssspecccified that he hasss to return to her placcce of busssinesss in order to retrieve the AIsss, he sssusspected that her goal wasss to prevent sssuch a return. There's a pause, and then, almost with a mental chuckle, she continues. A pity, perhapsss, that you have no necromanccccersss to make him walk through the front door... Ssstill, hisss body will need to be taken back and presssented to finisssh the obligationsss of the contract. And I would sssugessst that when you get the AIsss back, you examine them mossst deeply for tampering before continuing on your way.

The feathered serpent then nods her head at Death Otter. Fair well, Captain Death Otter. It hasss been an exxxperienccce knowing you all....I will continue my sssojourn from here on my own. She then heads to the nearest airlock, and flies off into space.
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Simvan Rogue Scholar, Seasoned
Agility d6, Smarts d8-1, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0/-4; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (10); Strain: 0
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Shooting d4; Intimidate d8+2; Taunt d8+2; Piloting d6; Persuasion d4
Knowledges: Astrogation d8; Battle d8+2; Politics d8; Science d8+2
Hindrances: Monologuer, Stubborn, Loyal, Bloodthirsty
Edges: Beast Master/Sidekick; Major/Master Psionics;
Investigator; Strong-Willed; Scholar (Battle/Science);
Command; Tactician; Team Leader; Connections (UWW & TGE)
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight
"Scythe" (TW Hoverboard): Acc/TS: 5/20, Piloting +2, +5 PPE
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 4/3
Golden Benny: 1/1






User avatar
Kalaetheryan
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:16 am

Re: Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Kalaetheryan »

Kal hands one of the crystals to Zil. "Power, brother." He closes his eyes, then opens them to analyze the arcane energy swirling within the crystal. "These will pool our reserves and allow us to draw upon each other when our need is dire." He holds the other crystals up to eye level for his brother to get a better look. "That crystal, which was our accursed home, is a part of us more than it might seem." He wanders some more, searching for Mal to pass off his gift.
Kalaetheryan
Kalaetheryan sheet
Current Status Post
Parry: 5; Toughness 37 (18)
Active Powers: None
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 1/2

User avatar
Malaetheryan
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:14 am

Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Malaetheryan »

When Kal locates him and explains the amulets' function, he frowns. "Obviously, brother, I have no issue with sharing power with you and Zil. But if all the shards share this property, we must take action to destroy any we do not retain between us." He puts his pendant on. "Should we make a second set, one to be worn in each form for each of us?"
Malaethryan
Seasoned Celestial Dragon Hatchling
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d12+3, Vigor d10
Pace: 6"/Fly 12"; Parry: 4; Toughness: Dragon: 36 (18)/Oni: 21 (7); Size: Dragon: 6 (+2)/Oni 1 (0)
Skills:
Athletics d4; Common Knowledge d4; Notice d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Psionics d8; Spellcasting d10; Fighting d4; Occult d8
Edges:
AB: Magic/Psionics, Master of Magic, Dragon Psychic Master, Adept, Concentration, Twin Soul
Hindrances: Tongue-tied, Thin-Skinned, Loyal, Curious, Major Outsider
Natural Weapons/Attacks (Dragon Form):
Claws: Str+3d4 MD, AP 10
Bite: Str+3d4 MD, AP 6, Reach 1
Gear (Oni Form):
Juicer Titan Plate Heavy Armor Multi-Optics Helm, +1 Shooting, +2 Notice, Integrated Naruni Medium Force Field
TX-30 Ion Pulse Rifle: Range: 20/40/80; Damage: 1–3d10; RoF: 3; Shots: 50
Notes: Heavy Pulse (+1 Shooting/+3 Damage, 3 Shots); Shotgun Rules (+2 to hit)
Auracles of Spineas: +2 Visual Notice, farsight, darksight, exalted detect arcana
Powers:
Psionic (Adept): boost Trait (Auto-Raise); mind link; speak language; speed
Magic: dispel, growth/shrink, elemental manipulation, puppet, stun

User avatar
Kalaetheryan
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:16 am

Re: Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Kalaetheryan »

Kal grins and nods. "Ah, yes. Fair observation on both counts, brother. And let us never divulge this knowledge beyond the three of us." With that, he returns to the crystal to carve up three smaller pieces for their lesser forms, and proceeds to destroy the rest. A curse upon our jailor who fashioned this prison, and upon those who conspired to confine us. I'll see their existences ruined and their pitiful lives extinguished, choking on my poison.
Kalaetheryan
Kalaetheryan sheet
Current Status Post
Parry: 5; Toughness 37 (18)
Active Powers: None
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 1/2

User avatar
Ndreare
Savage Siri
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Skagit County, Washington
Contact:

Re: Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Ndreare »

The strange crystal material pulverizes easily in the fists of the dragons, but is strangely unresponsive to any sort or energy damage.




.
mysterious roll [dice:qwd62ent]64567:0[/dice:qwd62ent], [dice:qwd62ent]64567:1[/dice:qwd62ent]

Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5; Mission: Get Revenge on Durrack
  • +6 Players
    +1 Sidekicks (Not counting Rust Bucket who is temporary out of play)
    -2 Benny for Special Ritual & Extra Effect
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    +1 Joker again
    -1 reroll not to fly away
    -1 Reroll to hit Sa'Maku in vengeance
    -1 Reroll to damage Sa'Maku in vengeance
    -1 New Card for Debrek to go before Thissok

Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4, Murder a man at his place of business]




Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative without rerolls.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*][b]Quick rerolls 16 or less[/b]
[*][b]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 24 or less (SWD only)[/b]
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]




  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

    3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

    4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

    6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

    9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

    11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

    12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Death Otter
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Re: Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Death Otter »

Death Otter listened to Thissok from the improvised 'bridge' that had been set up in Engineering until the real bridge was repaired to the point that it could function.

"Alright buddy, take care of yourself," she said in parting. "Thanks."

For a few minutes she tinkered with the weird, alien tech armbands she'd found stashed in one of the former officer's quarters. They were designed to interface with psionics, which was a bit of a pleasant surprise. She'd almost forgotten these days that, before she'd gotten her implant, she'd been psychic. Still was, kind of, but now it was all entangled with the implant. Refocused.

She'd have to look into these 'noro' aliens sometime. Maybe they'd have other stuff she could use.

For now though, it was time to stop kicking the can down the road.

"Here's the plan then. I want a full repair team, or as close to it as we've got left, getting critical systems up and running. Right now we can barely see, let alone fly the ship without crashing it, and don't even talk to me about trying to rift anywhere. BUT! While the repairs are ongoing, we're getting this thing moving. Away from here, to somewhere else. I want a sensor shadow...nebula, some kind of energetic star...anything we can use to hide out while we work. We had escapees, and they could come back any time. We need at least a semi-safe harbor to get back online. I KNOW we don't have all the parts we need, but we're gonna do what we can with what we have. Once we hit a solid wall, we'll re-assess."

"When we can rift without dropping ourselves in a black hole by mistake...we'll go back to GRAMAMA about an AI."

It was later that she went and hunted down the three dragon siblings, with words for them.

"Listen, I'm Death Otter, the new captain. Hi hi, awesome you got out of eternal hell-slavery, glad to see it happen but here's the THING. You guys can fly in space, right? How far and how fast? Because we need parts and supplies, and moving the ship long distances is not a GREAT IDEA. If one or more of you can make a shopping run, it'll get us moving that much faster. So! What do you got for us?"

User avatar
Zilaetheryan
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:38 pm

Re: Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Zilaetheryan »

Death Otter wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:05 pm
It was later that she went and hunted down the three dragon siblings, with words for them.

"Listen, I'm Death Otter, the new captain. Hi hi, awesome you got out of eternal hell-slavery, glad to see it happen but here's the THING. You guys can fly in space, right? How far and how fast? Because we need parts and supplies, and moving the ship long distances is not a GREAT IDEA. If one or more of you can make a shopping run, it'll get us moving that much faster. So! What do you got for us?"
"Death... otter?" Zil raises an eyebrow. "Is this not a small, aquatic mammal? This is an interesting name you have." Zil considers it a moment, then comes to a decision. "But I like it. You are also a small mammal, and the name implies that you are a warrior; I look forward to seeing you in combat and deciding if you are fit to be captain of such a mighty crew."

Zil rolls his shoulders, as if trying to flex his wings, absent in his human form. "As for flight, of course we can fly in space. We are as fast as light, and can easily travel to anything nearby."
Zilaetheryan
Humanoid Form Pace: 6; Parry: 7, 9 w/FIWS; Toughness: 22(11)
Dragon Form Pace: 6; Flight Pace: 18; Parry: 7; Toughness: 38(18) MDC; Size: 6
Notes: Causes Fear checks (in dragon form); Resistant to fire and cold (-4) (in dragon form); Enemies (human supremacists)
Zil

User avatar
Kalaetheryan
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:16 am

Re: Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Kalaetheryan »

Kal smiles @Death Otter . In his best Trade 4, he concurs. "My brother is correct. Only the highest of technology can move faster than us. Between the three of us, I surmise we could even push the ship, should it lose its own propulsion." He offers a deferential nod as his brother suggests a determination of whether Death Otter is fit for command. "I am certain the previous captain was not daft, and you don't seem the kind to assassinate her own captain to take the helm. If the captain saw fit to place you in command, I'm certain that will be sufficient for us." His mind continues to his brothers where his speech stops. "And until such a time as we decide the ship will fare better under our leadership." He continues in Trade. "If warranted, we may be able to negotiate trades on behalf of the ship for repair materiel and supplies. Assuming, of course, that it is not your intent to maroon us somewhere. I caution you against such a course of action. We are ageless, and so is our memory. As well, we cannot be marooned without such a prison as you aided in destroying." He smiles. "I speak this only as a point of note. I assume nothing but good will between us, and we would be happy to help, yes?"
Kalaetheryan
Kalaetheryan sheet
Current Status Post
Parry: 5; Toughness 37 (18)
Active Powers: None
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 1/2

User avatar
Death Otter
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Re: Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Death Otter »

Death Otter laughed at that. "Yeah, marooning guys who can fly in space doesn't sound like a PLAN to me. And more than that...look...I know damn well we can't keep you guys here, so if you want to fly off, nothing I can do about it. All I can say is...this crew gets serious DOSH, and we get RESULTS. You want in on that, stick around. Otherwise, congrats on being free of your soulgem-whatzit-thing there and happy trails."

She lifts her arms out, showing off the various expensive items adorning her.

"If you're in, we need to make at least some basic REPAIRS before we head back to civilization so we don't get ganked. We'll set you up with some stuff to exchange, give you a list of nearby ports. You'll be on your own, but I think you can handle yourselves."

"So."

She held a hand out. "What's the word?"

User avatar
Malaetheryan
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:14 am

Re: Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Malaetheryan »

Mal, in his Oni form, reaches out to shake Death Otter's hand. "I think we would be honored to work with a crew as effective as yours, and our goals most certainly align. That said, while we are certainly able to travel, as my brothers have noted, I should also point out that none of us is particularly... adept in social situations--such as haggling, for instance. We can each carry one rider easily enough--if you wish to send along someone on your team who is trained in negotiations, it would likely serve your proposed plan considerably."
Malaethryan
Seasoned Celestial Dragon Hatchling
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d12+3, Vigor d10
Pace: 6"/Fly 12"; Parry: 4; Toughness: Dragon: 36 (18)/Oni: 21 (7); Size: Dragon: 6 (+2)/Oni 1 (0)
Skills:
Athletics d4; Common Knowledge d4; Notice d6; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Psionics d8; Spellcasting d10; Fighting d4; Occult d8
Edges:
AB: Magic/Psionics, Master of Magic, Dragon Psychic Master, Adept, Concentration, Twin Soul
Hindrances: Tongue-tied, Thin-Skinned, Loyal, Curious, Major Outsider
Natural Weapons/Attacks (Dragon Form):
Claws: Str+3d4 MD, AP 10
Bite: Str+3d4 MD, AP 6, Reach 1
Gear (Oni Form):
Juicer Titan Plate Heavy Armor Multi-Optics Helm, +1 Shooting, +2 Notice, Integrated Naruni Medium Force Field
TX-30 Ion Pulse Rifle: Range: 20/40/80; Damage: 1–3d10; RoF: 3; Shots: 50
Notes: Heavy Pulse (+1 Shooting/+3 Damage, 3 Shots); Shotgun Rules (+2 to hit)
Auracles of Spineas: +2 Visual Notice, farsight, darksight, exalted detect arcana
Powers:
Psionic (Adept): boost Trait (Auto-Raise); mind link; speak language; speed
Magic: dispel, growth/shrink, elemental manipulation, puppet, stun

User avatar
Sa’Maku
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Sa’Maku »

Sa'Maku perks up at the thought of cruising through space atop a mighty dragon, "I volunteer to assist with gathering parts. Perhaps Fiona should speak for the group, the four of us will simply provide convincing deterrent from any malcontents."

User avatar
Death Otter
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Re: Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Death Otter »

Death Otter glanced at Sa'Maku even as she pumped the OniMal's hand, clicking her tongue on the roof of her mouth.

"Fi's a good choice, but I'm thinking three dragons is enough deterrent. This crew isn't a hundred percent yet. We need you here, big guy."

She grinned.

"Don't worry, you'll get your chance on dragonback. I'll even arrange a kickass heavy metal guitar riff for you."

User avatar
Fiona Gladbrooke
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:51 pm

Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Fiona Gladbrooke »

A group of former crewmen who agreed to help but not join is on their way back to the cargo bay for down time when one, a wolfen, breaks away to join the command staff conversation. "While my armor is not environmentally sea... What are you looking at? Oh, yeah." The wolf mans body and armored jumpsuit shift and change, morphing into the form Fiona usually wears. "Sorry, been babysitting that lot for the last hour to be sure none were sabotaging us. They're solid boss. One was thinking of trying to steal some stuff, but they all want home safely."

She straightens her outfit and continues, "As I was saying, this armor, while nice for my shapeshifting, does not provide EVA capacity. But I am sure I can find something here that will. Do you boys know any good word games or riddles?"
Fiona Quick stats
[https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=209&t=4214]Fiona Gladbrooke[/url]
Pace: 6; Parry: 6/8 Toughness: 10 base, 24 (11) in full kit
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: XX/XX
Bennies: 3/3
Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
Kalaetheryan
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:16 am

Re: Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Kalaetheryan »

Kal grins as @Fiona Gladbrooke resumes her normal shape. "Full of surprises, this one. I like her." He nods in consent to Mal's plan. "My brother speaks the truth, and any bond he has made is worthy for me to strike hands to." He extends his hand to Death Otter for his turn in handshaking. "As for riddles...
What is greater than all the gods
And more evil than all the devils
The poor have it
The wealthy need it
If consumed by mortals, they will surely die."
Kalaetheryan
Kalaetheryan sheet
Current Status Post
Parry: 5; Toughness 37 (18)
Active Powers: None
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 1/2

User avatar
Death Otter
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Re: Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Death Otter »

Otter 'pshes.' "It's nothing."

"Fi, you feel like riding a dragon to glory? We'll get you a real suit so you don't, you know, die and stuff."

She nods. "Annnnnd...I'm phrasing it as a question, but really it's more of an ORDER so...suit up. We need repair parts."

User avatar
Kalaetheryan
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:16 am

Re: Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Kalaetheryan »

Kal smiles @Death Otter. "A simple riddle, to be sure, but a fine gauge of one's grasp of philosophical concepts. Well done." He turns to @Fiona Gladbrooke. "I would be delighted to allow you the experience of riding a celestial dragon through the vastness of space. I shall enjoy learning some more of your tricks."
Kalaetheryan
Kalaetheryan sheet
Current Status Post
Parry: 5; Toughness 37 (18)
Active Powers: None
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 1/2

User avatar
Fiona Gladbrooke
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:51 pm

Re: Re: 8.1 Moving through the crew!

Post by Fiona Gladbrooke »

Death Otter wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:25 am
Otter 'pshes.' "It's nothing."

"Fi, you feel like riding a dragon to glory? We'll get you a real suit so you don't, you know, die and stuff."

She nods. "Annnnnd...I'm phrasing it as a question, but really it's more of an ORDER so...suit up. We need repair parts."
Nodding in acknowledgement, "Will do, but let's make sure it has enough atmo to make the nearest place to shop. I could probably learn to survive in space. In theory. But I'd rather not try that out today."
Kalaetheryan wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:55 pm
Kal smiles @Death Otter. "A simple riddle, to be sure, but a fine gauge of one's grasp of philosophical concepts. Well done." He turns to @Fiona Gladbrooke. "I would be delighted to allow you the experience of riding a celestial dragon through the vastness of space. I shall enjoy learning some more of your tricks."
"I would love to do so. Life is about ones experiences. I had intended the riddles for the trip actually, but I'm sure you have more. I can tell you of myself too, and I would like to know more of how you three came to be trapped here as well as more of those who did it."
Fiona Quick stats
[https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=209&t=4214]Fiona Gladbrooke[/url]
Pace: 6; Parry: 6/8 Toughness: 10 base, 24 (11) in full kit
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: XX/XX
Bennies: 3/3
Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

Post Reply

Return to “Phase World On the Job”