Episode 0: What I did on my Summer deployment.

Imperator

Episode 0: What I did on my Summer deployment.

Post by Imperator »

After returning to the Castle from a mission where your character performed above and beyond expectations, saving their team and mission, they are called into the office of Lt. "Steengy" Pats for an additional, and somewhat unusual debrief. Former quartermaster of the supply depot, Pats somehow got promoted into a more sensitive position handling debriefs, one for which he was terribly suited. A simpering sycophant to anyone in authority (at least to their faces) who treated those of lower rank with little but contempt unless the kissed up to him. He was a slightly portly fellow with dark hair and a pointed nose.
Steengy Pats.jpg
"Hmm, welcome. Have a seat."He greets you coolly and points to a chair, after you are seated he spends several minuets looking over some paperwork, pointedly ignoring you. When he deigns to begin speaking it is abrupt and his tone is dismissive. "Well. This all sounds impressive, and I'm just sure command knows what they're doing but I have some questions. In particular this, situation. Your Captain thinks they have the whole story, but why don't you tell it to me again."

Introlude
Write a story about what your character did to gain the eye of higher ups and get reassigned to this highly sensitive operation.
Reward is you will start the campaign with an additional benny.
GM bennies

Characters Imperator (GM account)Action Stan, Antipas, Xiang,
Jeffery Wurst

Re: Episode 0: What I did on my Summer deployment.

Post by Jeffery Wurst »

Jeffery Wurst eyed this Lt. with a happy smile. The vampire hunter came from a long line of hunters, and this newest monster was no different than those he had staked three days ago. His family had fought vampires for over three hundred years and he despite his early tribulations was the newest member of the Wurst monster hunters. He wore a simple weathered leather jacket which housed all sorts of tools of his hard fought trade. Clutched in his hand was a spear whose head was a jagged black obsidian rock, and etched into the hand carved wood were a multitude of native american symbols. His pants looked well armored and reminiscent of the bush man EBA armor he owned. He just looked comfortable sitting in the chair opposed Lt. Pats. Perhaps it was the way he unnaturally eased into it and smiled as if he was someone you would invite over for a back yard bbq.

Lt Pats insulting affirmation about why they were there simply rolled off his back like water against a mountain. Jeffery’s lazy drawl seemed comforting to most, like he could not hurt a fly, inhuman or otherwise, “Lueteenit, A reason why I am heeer?” Jeffery chuckled loving the self asked rhetorical question, “Aww seea I found mey self down near Carlsbad in the blackest of nights. Outside the city proper so to speak taking my time clearin a vamp nest, and yadda yadda yadda, saved Seriana Stargazeer’s niece from being turned into the latest wild vampire.” When he said his yaddas glossing over what truly happened he could not help but rub his spear holding forearm. Tell tale claw marks were still visible near his wrist poking out from the protection of his jacket.
One Yadda
She was a beauty of an elf, the way the moon lit up her skin was unearthly and enchanting. Jeffery could have mused upon it all evening were it not for the monsterous task at hand.
He whispered camly as if ordering a rhino steak at Carlsbad’s Dine and Dash, “Cealia, go back te back... Theeer comin. Carls’ be over run if we fail.”
In the distance behind them the twinkly city lights of Carlsbad danced in the dusty plains. Ahead of the pair, red eyes of a dozen vampires, maybe more watched and approached them with wild abandon. One however, moved more slowly looking to see just what these hunters was capable of. The night filled with gun fire, and the horrible howl of vampires.
Two Yadda
Jeffery was deep in a cave blood was dripping from his right arm. Something had clawed him, clawed him deep and good. He whispered to himself anxious and breaking his usually calm demeanor, “Fuck... Dad was right. I am still not ready. Stopped them from takin the town, but they got her.” He tore part of his shirt wrapping it agaiant his bloody arm and seethed, “He got her.”
Three Yadda

The scowl of the vampire holding Cealia by the neck would have frozen the blood of a lesser man. But Jeffery Wurst was no stranger to the dangers that went bump in the night. It was what his family did since the dark ages, they had watched the line protecting those they could. Still Jeffery had been a bit surprised by this vampire’s shrewed cunning. Getting the drop on Jeffery was nothing short than impressive or lucky. The hunter calmly chortled, “You ain’t like the rest are ye? Not wild eh?”

The vampire snarled laughing squeezing with one hand Cealia’s neck. “Human, I am different. I remember who I was. I am more powerful, and I serve...” The vampire never even saw Jeffery’s spear thrust. It went throught the vamps throat and out the back of the creature’s head.

Jeffery followed up rushing forward catching Cealia before she hit the ground. Time was short he could hear wolf howl’s nearby. The rest of this vampire’s pack were near. He shook the vampire off his spear and held Cealia close. He whispered, “Daylight ain’t far off, ready to run?”.
Jesse (Graunk)

Post by Jesse (Graunk) »

“It’s like I said.” Aos was patiently explaining , again, to the suspicious man across the table from him.
If he wasn’t careful everything he had worked for to gain some respect from the Legion could be erased, and like so often happens, Aos gets caught in the middle of a rock and a hard place and a dangerous misunderstanding.
“ I carried the three of them out on my back. We were all severely wounded and the enemy was closing on our position, we were going to die. The healing I had done could only stabilize them. They needed immediate Evac. The only safe zone was 46 miles through enemy filled difficult terrain.” He calmly spoke choosing his words delicately, even as his blood began to simmer in memory of the brutal details.
There was no guarantee that doing the right thing, was the right thing to do in the eyes of his superiors.
“our objective to obtain the items at “all cost”, went contrary to my primary unit training. I made the call. The asset was left behind and the squad lives were saved, including my commanding officer, whom had received life threatening wounds to his neck and now lives.” Oops, some of his base destain for authority started to swell and reflected in his tone.
Quickly he leveled it and focused on getting this formality over with. After all, he knew damn well that what happens in the field is never as clean as the data write-up.
“Yes, it is as they say. I was in Donkey form when I arrived at the Evac site carrying the team. Then I think I passed out from fatigue. That’s it plain and simple. There isn’t always some glorious soul saving heroics, sometimes it’s just good ole’ Hoof and Horn.” He put the emphasis on the duty and the life saving part of the tale in hopes of diverting the ire at loosing the desired asset.
It had been 45 minutes of this back and forth nonsense. Aos already knew that the decision was already made further up the pole than this Data cruncher, he would be joining the hand picked Special Ops team. The semantics and bureaucracy could not be avoided, even in the Legion’s hierarchy. But he was sure as sheep shit not going to let someone else’s career goals step in the way of his new found commitments. For the first time ever he had a sense of direction and purpose. Not the instinct, driven, pursuit of base impulses, his animal forms and nature provided. The higher calling of selflessness and doing good would prevail. Besides he had grown very fond of the other team members and would do anything with and for them!
“I’ve left nothing out of the report. It’s all there. And, like I said, we have already targeted the location of the item and it is ready for extraction. The team assigned leaves tonight, they are well informed at what is at risk. Why I wasn’t chosen for the team I cannot say. I am needed elsewhere for my rather unique talents is all I can guess.” He added. Theay was thinking - if he couldn’t rationalize the events of the mission to his superiors, he would have to under-play his understanding of the missions greater political purpose. Maybe even bore them with his philosophic take on the matter. He continued his explanation with a slight fools ignorance tone.
“ We worked as a team, and we relied on each other’s abilities. That’s how we survive. That’s how missions are won, right? Thats what the Legion stands for!” It was working. Intelligently, distractingly, boring. No sooner did Aos begin to lay it on, and continue to pile it on, the data deck closes, and the investigation abruptly concludes.
“That will be enough.” The interviewer quickly cut in. “Report to your supervisor for instructions” he states as he gathers his belongings and without recognition or ceremony, leaves.
In the quiet reflective moments to follow, Aos Theay accepted that from this moment on, others counted on him. Life was about to get real hard. Not to mention how was he ever going to live down his new nickname - “DONKEY!”

Behind the scenes-
OOC Comments
Some of these character features may contribute to the current episode…

NARRATIVE HOOK: (17) Authority Issues-You crossed the wrong people, putting you in trouble with the authorities. Perhaps it was a Coalition outpost, or maybe Federation agents. Whether on the run, or arrested and waiting for punishment, you got some help from the Legion.
Heroic (Major): The character always helps those in need.
Loyal (Minor): The hero is loyal to his friends and allies.
Outsider - Half-elves are never quite comfortable in human or elven society,
having a foot in both worlds but never fully standing in either.
Because of this, they suffer a −1 penalty to Persuasion with all but
others of their kind. (Persuasion d4) 1d4!!-1: [7!!]-1 = 6 , wild 1d6!!-1: [3]-1 = 2
Smarts d10 1d10!!: [8] = 8 , wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Healer +2 to Healing rolls, magical or otherwise. 1d8!!+2: [3]+2 = 5 , wild 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Jack-of-all-trades - Gain d4 in a skill (or d6 with a raise) until replaced. (Battle d6) 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10 , wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Field Intel: (pg. 34 EoH) free reroll versus Surprise and +2 on Notice or Electronics rolls made to detect location, activity, concealment, disposition, combat effectiveness, and movement of opposing forces. When checking to conceal forces or set ambushes, this Edge gives a +2 bonus to Electronics, Stealth, and Survival rolls. She also gains a +2 on Notice or Electronics rolls to encrypt/decrypt signals, find valuable documents, and glean data from enemy remains, equipment, or transmissions.
Luck -start with one additional Benny (used to increase rolls where needed)
Last edited by Jesse (Graunk) on Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graunk- Orc Vampire Slayer
Zak Maclintock

Post by Zak Maclintock »

Zak eyes the Lieutenant, and squints at him and speaks. “You know that this was a rescue mission where we destroy the adversary? Well the force of Simvan raiders and bushwhackers numbered in the 50s now that is without their mounts. Now the Captain decided that just eight of us wasn’t going to cut the cake. He asked if I knew any other resources that might be able to come in on this folly. I said yes. I might get some that could get a group and infiltrate. That means take out the take out some of the outpost that watch to protect their camp site"

“The Captain said he would try to get some others to help. Like Rangers and some Native Americans. And we be Back in 3 days for the start. I told him we would be starting on the third day at 3:00 AM, with or without him and the others. we knew those hostages wouldn't last the week,"

“So, I went looking for my group and gathered them. Six Psi-stalkers some from my tribe and a few others, I have run into with in my life. They are really good at what they do, like me. They do it for me, a brother, for the adrenaline rush. They do it for the meals we would feast on their energy. We do it for the rewards the CS offered for the ears of the simvans. Finally, we do it because if they need me, I would be with them."

The Mutant feral mountain lions they just wanted to kill the simvan and any magic user in the group. I need to keep their whereabouts secret. They do this to keep foreigners out of this hunting ground. They don’t like company. I am lucky they count me as one of their friends. Need to keep their homes away from the CS. This was going to be a party! Or the death of us all!

"My group did some scouting we counted four outposts ready to flash a warning to the main camp all could see each other and send words by various methods, so this was complicated. We had to take them out at the same time no sounds to alert anyone and then get to the camp to do any rescues."

"The head of the natives relayed to us that they would support us by covering us with their bows. Once we take the post the natives stated that they would man the Outpost and make sure nothing got relayed then pass the information to the main group to come in."

"Well my group divided the outpost, most went like clockwork, thank heaven the natives were there, they took out a few of the ones that almost passed the word out. My force rejoined for the infiltration of the camp and the initial assault. Things went better, then plan they were asleep. We, a couple of us got close to the main tent we could smell the magic. We got in and silenced them quickly. And then moved to the others and finished them off."

"By the time the Calvary got there they were all dead."

"Usually we don’t go into the gore of this for you, desk jockeys, pencil pushers, shoe clerks. How many Psi-stalkers have you dealt with? We just don’t kill them; we cut and drain them. We feed on those poor bastards. We took their heads, the Simvan and mounted them on poles, then cut off their right hand. You see the simvan believe that they should die whole, so that when they go to their resting place they hold their weapon and so others that they are warriors, you take their hand and they can’t hold up a weapon so they are dishonored and placed in the lowest rank of the dead. We take their ears so we can get the CS to pay a bounty. Then we leave for the simvan to come by and understand that this is not a place for them."

“My people were covered in blood, the Captain asked us to please go away so we don’t frighten the hostages. The Captain got the hostages and ushered them out of this place of death. The native Americans were the one that knew what this was. It is survival. It is the way. They sang a song as we left. The rangers saluted us and then my friends they faded into the mountains to wash up and go back to their quiet lives.”

Zak throws a string of ears at the Lieutenant. And leans over the table, “And once I tell you. You can’t let any of this out. People will know where it came from and will hunt you down to find out who did this. So, now you are part of us, you better do your part. And when we ask for supplies, you better give us whatever we need. And more! if you can think of it. You wanted to know and now you do, these ears are mine, you didn’t earn any of this. If you want, I’ll take you out so you can get covered in the blood smell the ones that shit after they die. If you want to know more on debriefings then the clean version just keeps asking. I am not hired as a friendly face. I am hired to do the dirty work. So that you can stay clean.”

“If that is all I shall leave. I would advise that you don’t put my additional part in the report. And Lieutenant, I'm surprised you held you stomach so long, you will be OK. Again that offer still stands you let me know when you want to join us."

“Oh , By the way Simvan don't taste like chicken ."
"They taste like spicy pork."
Zak Maclintock
ZAK Sheet
Race: Psi Stalker

Iconic Framework: Mars /Psi Slinger (A&M pg 20)

Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d4 Pace: 8; Parry: 0 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 4 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor); Strain: 0
• Armor: +7 Toughness: +3
ISP:30
Bennies 4
EP bought: +2

GEAR CARRIED:
OOC Comments
Body Armor:
MI "VAQUEROS" HEAVY EBA
The most popular series of new body armor produced by the Manistique Imperium, Vaqueros body armor has Mexican/Spanish styling worthy of its namesake. The helmet has a mesh fabric bandanna covering reminiscent of a western bandito, flashy cowboy boots made from advanced materials, and the armor has an integrated gun belt and pair of holsters. Besides being stylish,

Covered in a fiber-optic material, your armor color shifts to match the surrounding area with custom camouflage patterns, masks infrared as well as thermal emissions, and is designed to reduce noise. Wearers are +2 to all Stealth rolls.

Multi-Optics Helmet: This helmet—compatible with EBA systems (see page 88)—includes a targeting sight,
magnification, thermal, infrared, ultraviolet, and night optics. The wearer ignores Illumination penalties, gains +2 to sight based Notice checks or to offset Range penalties, and +1 Shooting with calibrated weapons. The helmet includes a hands-free radio (10-mile range) and megaphone voice projection system. It provides +4 Armor
and +2 Toughness to the head only, and can integrate into body armor helmets for an extra 500 credits (5 lb, 25,000 credits)

• Weight: 20 lbs (Min Str: d6)
• Notes: Basic Communications (radio range five miles), air filtration systems, and five hours of emergency air
• Rarity: -3; Cost: 40,000
• Attachment: Desert Eagle

NG LPO Elite Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Characters wearing this coat treat their Strength as one die type higher when determining Encumbrance (SWADE page 67). This stacks with Brawny.
• No Minimum Strength Requirement (3 lbs.)
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (TLPG, p.88)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.
• Attachment: Clip Desert Eagle
• Attachment: Dagger
• Attachment: Locks Pick
• Attachment: Altess Eviscerator
• Attachment: Silencer:
• Attachment: MDC Handcuffs:
• Attachment: Special Item Creation Multi Translator

Vehicle/b]
RH100 Robot Horse: Black Star,
all Black coat, Starburst White mark on forehead
Size 2 (Normal),
Handling +2, Top Speed 75 MPH, Toughness
24 (12), Crew 1+1, Remaining Mods 3.

Notes: ATV, Exposed Crew, NuclearPowered, STS.
OOC Comments

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+5, Vigor d12
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d6, Notice d6, Survival d6
Saddle Attachments
• Attachment: Rifle sleeve Winchester ‘73 (.44-40)
• Attachment: Rapier
• Attachment:Saddle bags
• Attachment: Sleeping roll
Weapons:
„ Kick (Str+d6 Mega Damage)
Bron Stormbrew

Post by Bron Stormbrew »

Castle Refuge
Afternoon

Bron Stormbrew sat in the back of the room. His black hair and beard were unruly, his face craggy and ugly, marred by a scar traversing one eye. He listened to the others boast about themselves. When they looked at him, the dwarf just shrugged.

“I’m jus’ tha’ guid,” was all he said.

Lt. Pats didn’t seemed all to pleased by that, so Bron sighed. He picked something out of his teeth, and then began, “Me an’ Freya won this years Arzno tae Kingsdale X-Country X-Treme,” he stated. “Only the best operators survive, much less win. Blowin’ up yer competition on the road is fully legal. Need speed on the salt flats an’ plains, need guid ‘andlin’ in the rough country, need guid shootin’ f’r all the beasties on the way. An’ ye need a guid rig, an’ Freya’s the best.” His stare dared anyone to say otherwise. “Ain’t nae one better t’ ‘ave at the controls than me. I did it wi’ only me an’ nae crew.”

Character Tracking
Bron Stormbrew Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness:18 (8)
Powers: Boost Trait, Healing, Smite
Hindrances: Greedy, Loyal, Ugly
Edges
  • Ace: Spend Bennies to Soak damage for his vehicle; ignores up to 2 points of penalties.
  • Combat Ace: Ignore the Multi-Action penalty for making a Boating, Driving, or Piloting check and taking another action in the same round.
  • Connections: Black Market, once per session
  • McGyver: Craft improvised weapons, explosives, or tools.
  • Mr. Fixit: Half repair time on a raise.
  • UEMC: Half repair time on a raise.
“Freya” Mountaineer Mk. 1 Nuclear
Toughness 34 (16) MDC; Pace: 12/24 (120 mph); Size: 6 (+2 size modifier)
  • Light Laser
    • STS: Ignore illumination penalties; ignore 2 points of other penalties
    • No Unstable Platform penalties
  • Reinforced ram
  • ATV: Ignore up to 2 points of Driving penalties for Difficult Ground and treat each inch of Difficult Terrain as 1.5” instead of 2”
Fahtoo

Post by Fahtoo »

“I get the impression you’re not sure why I’m here. Well that makes two of us..” Fahtoo slumped back in the chair, stretching out her legs and crossing them at the ankles. The leather of her jacket squeaked a little as she crossed her arms as well. When Lt. Pats continued to stare at her expectantly, Fahtoo threw up her hands and made a pained noise.

“Look. Like I told them. It was supposed to be an easy assignment. Just truck over toward Memphis, pick up some folks and bring them back safely. They even gave us a vehicle. If you can call that death trap with 4 bald tires a vehicle.” Dark hands continued to wave as she spoke, until she stuck them down into the pockets of her jacket.

Pats nodded at her to continue. Fahtoo leaned her head back and stared at the ceiling as she began to speak. “The intel was good. We split like we planned to go hit our marks. I cut the security system and then we all moved in. That’s when everything went sideways.

“I had two civilians stuck to me like baby possums and Simmons was shot in the leg limping along behind me. Our comms got scrambled and we were pinned down by guards on the roof. We assumed since everyone’s attention was on us Hyo and Svend had made it out and were headed for the truck. Simmons wanted to make a run for the woods and blow off our exit plan. Just hike it back to Castle after we lost anyone who bothered following us into the Ar-kansas swamp”

Fahtoo sat up straighter and folded in half, elbows resting on her knees. “I’ll tell you something, Lieutenant.” She looked up at him earnestly. “I’m a city girl, born and raised. I had my fill of wilderness training when I was running down here from up north of Chi-town. I learned a few things on that trip. VERY few things. I know about six plants that are edible and maybe three different ways to find water. One of them ways is listening for a creek. There was no way I was going to hike through a swamp and then the Ozarks with Simmons trailing blood with every step. Those refugee girls may have known more about how to find food, but none of us would know how to keep an alligator or cougar from eating us in our sleep.”

“I looked at Simmons and told him we weren’t going to run for the woods. I told him we were going to get to the rendezvous point before that prick Hyo drove off without us.” Fahtoo returned to her stretched out position, but this time kept her gaze on Pats.

“And then I did what needed to be done. I took out the snipers on the roof. I laid down cover fire when their back up burst through the door and the girls helped Simmons make a run for the next building. I tazed the guy that tried to tackle me when I took my turn to run after them. I jury rigged an electrified trip line behind that building before we repeated the run to the next. And then we just kept doing that until we could see the path leading out to where the truck was hidden.”

She sniffed and rubbed her palms on her dark jeans. “Shanna and Marie really deserve the credit. By the last run, Simmons was practically unconscious. They just held onto his arms over their shoulders and hauled ass to the finish line. Thankfully Svend was waiting down by the fence instead of with Hyo at the truck. He laid down cover fire for me to get across the last open area. When I got behind him, I picked up Simmon’s feet and the three of us stumbled the last hundred yards to chuck him in the back of the truck. Hyo was screaming like my mother when I’d come in 10 minutes past curfew.”

“I did the job, Sir. I got the girls out because that was the mission. I saved Simmons because he would have saved me. I didn’t ditch the plan and run for the hills because I was selfish. I would rather shoot out a dozen guards with ion blasters than spend two weeks walking in the woods with the mosquitoes and snakes”

Fahtoo crossed her arms and leaned back in the chair, her pose clearly radiating her boredom with sitting still for so long and repeating her report yet again. “Is there something specific in that story you wanted me to clarify, Lieutenant?”
Last edited by Fahtoo on Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fahtoo DeCruz
Fatimatou DeCruz - Human Psi-Operator

Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 10 (4)
Wounds: None
PP: 30/30
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Brave, Fast Healer, Rapid Fire
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards:

Retired from 21st SET - Hot Shots
Edit Signature
Player/Characters: Nelle/Cass/Tula
James T
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by James T »

LOOKING AT Lt. Pats with a blank expression the artificial construct realized the fresh lieutenant didn’t know that Jackal wasn’t human. No one had bothered to tell him that Jack Hall, otherwise known as Jackal, was an AI. Actually the Legion had no idea about his origins. Though the top brass knew he was an AI.

Mimicking taking a deep breath Jackal sighed.

I do miss the old days. I miss Rott, that AI dog was ...

”Hello?! Are ya daft man? Did you hear my question?” asked Pats.

Eyes focused and Jackal leaned in some. Pats shut up and looked intimidated then upset. Before the pompous man could say something stupid Jackal state’s:

”My report is not incomplete. It has all the important details. There is nothing else. I assume you are either actually attempting to ascertain my demeanor by this conversation or unsettle me somehow.”

For his part Pats face flushed and he looked pained. Not wishing to ail the man Jackal sighed a second time and launched into the story.

”After I was assigned to the ninth SET we set out for a town in Nebraska that was being harassed by the so called First Apoc Army. Hooligans for sure. I’ll never understand humans need.... nevermind. As you may or may not know due to only being a low grade officer the town was built over an old American silo. There was indeed a old Mark 62 thermonuclear missile in the silo still. You know we went in to make sure it was inoperable and the First went in to steal it. As I stated in my report. Everyone died on both sides in the fight. I spent a few weeks helping the town set up better irrigation and defense and then used a old US Military truck to bring the missile here. Oh. I see by your eyes you weren’t told that either. Well. There’s a Nuke under the castle. Safe keeping and all. Might I say sir I am excited to be assigned to this SET as I have heard great things about each member. Thank you for your time sir. If that’s all? I’d like to get to know the men and women I’ll be working with. “

Jackal stands up and holds his hand out to shake with Lt. Pats.
"Ah ha, ha, ha. How indeed? You looks to know borgs and bots. Have ye ever seen a construct such as I? NO!! No, I be special! Special I was. A thing of beauty. A thing of power. A thing like nothin' the Coalition or the best chop-shop coulda built. That was I. My reward for thinking. Tee hee. Can you believe it? My reward for just sitting in the throne and thinking. Ohhhh, thinking about anything. Bots were best thing. Best to think about, but anything would do. And after thinking and talking, ... oh, we were friends, you know? ... Best friends and this was my reward. Tee, heee, heee, heeee ..." - James T (NPC Account)
James T in 102 PA

Imperator

Post by Imperator »

The interviews do not go like it seemed the weaselly little prick had planned in his head. With each report his face gets redder and redder. When Jack finishes his report with such summary dismissal on top of it all he snaps. Stand up too fast he sends the chair crashing to the floor behind him, ruining the dramatic gesture and leaving him stammering in incoherent rage. ".. I ... You.. Such disrespectful.." Spittle froths a bit in the corners of his mouth as he stammers but then he wipes it on his sleeve and seems to gain a tiny bit of composure. "You think you're all such Hot Shots well I'll see.."

The door abruptly opens and in strides a very serious and angry looking man wearing a Captains rank. His appearance immediately silences Pats.
Captain Treister Cropped.jpg
Success: This is Captain Treister who is responsible for several special ops teams. He used to lead a small mercenary company.
Raise: The company was Special Operations Incorporated, a merc company that focused on spec ops and intelligence gathering. He dissolved SOI to join the Legion.
2 Raises: Rumor has it the company was not dissolved but in fact is now working as spies for the Tomorrow Legion.

Clearly this is the last person Pats was expecting, or wanted, to see. He stands there gapping like a fish out of water for a few seconds before the new arrival speaks up. "Go a head son. You'll see what?...No? Nothing? Then get the Sam Hell away from my prospects son. They may be a bunch of hot shots, but they are MY Hot Shots. Do ya under stand me?" Pats starts to scoop up the files but is interupted. "Leave em! Git!"

Pats scuttles out the door as the Captain walks up to the desk and flips through the papers left behind. The door clicks shut and the man snorts in disgust at what he finds. "Old supply reports. The weasel was just fishin blind. Good."

Then he looks up at the group. "I am sorry you were dragged in here by that.. person. I'm Captain Brom Treister. I had planed on meetin with y'all tomorrow with this here assignment. Buuut since we're all here we may as well keep this stone from growin any moss. I have requested you all for a team that will be taking on a very important operation. It looks to be a long field mission, goin through a lot of hostile territory. And it leaves tomorrow evening. I know most of you just got back, so the brass has seen fit to give you two months pay in advance. And a 5,000 credit bonus, wasn't that nice of em. Be sure to think kindly of em tonight. Then, briefing, here, at 15:00 tomorrow. Any questions?" But instead of wait for any he heads for the door. When someone starts to speak up he interjects "I was being rhetorical, save em for the briefing."

RP away and feel free to shop.
I'm using the pay scale in the GM guide.Novice rank characters receives 300/week (7400). Seasoned rank receives 450/week (8600).
GM bennies

Characters Imperator (GM account)Action Stan, Antipas, Xiang,
James T
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by James T »

Closing his mouth, as he was about to ask a question he sighs.

Standing up and running his hands down his Ermenegildo Zegna Midnight Blue Slim Fit Wool Twill
Jackal looks at the others.

He looks like a combatant, scars, rough etc but his attire is almost alien. *

“An important and long mission in the field. I’ll have to change into something else.”

A lopsided grin later he says: “I have heard rumors about each of you. You are all considered heroes. Experience in combat and saviors of others. I admire that. All I did for the Legion was “rescue” a nuk and not die. I am also new to the Legion, I signed on about two months ago. Stumbled upon the Legion as I was traveling this way from Texas. I’m am happy to work with you. I am Jackal. I do not require any purchases myself but if you are off to spend your advance pay I would like to accompany you. I haven’t explored the castle yet. I pretty much hit the field right away with the now retired ninth SET.”

He offers a hand shake to any who are open to it.

* Not alien. Just very clean and ... does anyone else at Castle Refugee have a suit and tie? Lol

Original roll: 1d4!! -2: [2] = 2 EDIT: I placed the !! In wrong place = this Roll is incorrect

Correct roll: 1d4-2!!: [2]-2 = 0
Wild Die roll: 1d6-2!!: [2]-2 = 0

"Ah ha, ha, ha. How indeed? You looks to know borgs and bots. Have ye ever seen a construct such as I? NO!! No, I be special! Special I was. A thing of beauty. A thing of power. A thing like nothin' the Coalition or the best chop-shop coulda built. That was I. My reward for thinking. Tee hee. Can you believe it? My reward for just sitting in the throne and thinking. Ohhhh, thinking about anything. Bots were best thing. Best to think about, but anything would do. And after thinking and talking, ... oh, we were friends, you know? ... Best friends and this was my reward. Tee, heee, heee, heeee ..." - James T (NPC Account)
James T in 102 PA

Jeffery Wurst

Post by Jeffery Wurst »

Jeffery eyed @Jackal with a friendly easy grin. The youngest of the Wurst family vampire slayers was as easy going as they came. He was just one of the guys in pretty much any social setting. He stuck out his hand meeting @Jackals’. Jeffery’s drawl just added to sense of comfort almost as if saying who could ever be scared of Jeffery? He is just a nice bloke from down the road.

”9th Set... Those boyz kick some real but. If yaw hung with them yaw’ll fit in with us.” As he shook hands the implements of death hidden in his jacket jangled slightly. His eyes twinkled with mirth as he glanced at the rest of the team wondering if any one else would shake @Jackal’s hand.
Fahtoo

Post by Fahtoo »

Upon entering the briefing room with the rest of the assembled legionnaires, Fahtoo dropped into a seat between Aos and the guy in the well-worn leather jacket. She at least knew Aos’s name from recruit training. “Sup, man?” She fist bumped him and then turned to Leather Jacket. “Nice spear.”
Jackal wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:04 am”I am Jackal. I do not require any purchases myself but if you are off to spend your advance pay I would like to accompany you. I haven’t explored the castle yet. I pretty much hit the field right away with the now retired ninth SET.”

He offers a hand shake to any who are open to it.
Fahtoo sat up straight to shake his hand after Leather Jacket released it. She’d seen Jackal in her Legion 201 class, but with his suit and tie, she’d assumed he was some sort of teacher’s assistant or course evaluator. What was with the suit. Was it some sort of camouflage armor like her own fiber optics suit?

“Fatimatou.” she says it quickly (Fah-Tee-Mah-Too) “But that’s a mouthful. Everyone just calls me Fahtoo.” She reached out and grasped his with a couple fingers extended to try and touch his suit sleeve. At the same time she reached out with her telemechanics to test for tech of some sort.

The diagram that came scrolling through her mind took her by surprise. Fahtoo let out a little squeak and her hand tensed up in his grasp. It wasn’t his suit, it was so much more complicated than that. After a second she cut the ability and Jackal’s actual face swam back into focus. Fahtoo chuckled nervously and let his hand drop.

“Quite a grip you got there.” She smiled broadly, curiosity replacing the surprise in her expression. “I’d be happy to show you around. I’ve been here a few months. I haven’t had this many credits to spend since I got here though, so I’m excited to pick up a few things I’ve had my eye on.”

Fahtoo DeCruz

Constant Effects:
Adventure Cards:

Edit Signature
Jeffery Wurst

Post by Jeffery Wurst »

@Fahtoo, now there was a chick. Jeffery had of course heard of her infamous Memphis run. His sister, well half sister had been one of the girls she had saved. She might see the Wurst family dimple both shared if she looked hard enough.

Easy he drawled after the fist bump, “Yaw, a pleasure Miss Fahtooo, yes a nice spear. Ahem, thank yaw kindly for helping my baby sis back in Memphis.” If anything he seemed to sink in his chair even more comfortable to be in a room with Legit heroes. Could be worse, coulda found myself babysitting Field Team Six... Guess Ophelia drew that short straw.
Zak Maclintock

Post by Zak Maclintock »

Zak steps up to the others and shaks hades if presented, you can clearly see the tattoos on the head of ta large snake mouth opened the fangs running down its from eyebrow to cheek those that know the pecos area can identify this as the the Rattlesnake tribe, one that Lonestar, heavily recruits from. you can see the tattoo continues down his back.
Zak doesn't want to smile to much for fear that his pointy teeth might be seen as 'I'm about to take a bite out of you. but it is custom in the tribes to flash teeths on greetings others.

So Zak speaks first, "Nice to be in such a illustrious group. "Zak Maclintock, ZaK with a C or K is fine with me, I'm your friendly neighborhood Psi Stalker."

"As you heard in the debriefing I'm the one who does the dirty work. Not to say that you don't do any, but I specialize In those that use other powers. Don't worry I know some of you are carrying power, I mean the real bad boys, that like to use their powers to do real bad things to others. and for those of you who are a different race? Not to worry I judge by deeds of the individuale."

"What you may not know Is that I am X-CS, And some of those I still consider my friends, although missguided at times. If we run into said patrols please let me do the talking, do not anger them. you may see me also talking or going into their places. I do this for several reasons. First I have friends in those places usually, second , if I didn't pay my respects they might think something is up, but under no circumstances am I in there betraying you. You need to trust me on this."

"Next I do need to feed on power, so I have to go usually out for diner. Now there are No known Olive Trees restaurant for Psi Stalkers, I have seen some odd places in Merctown that some groupies like to donate. but that is another story. this draining of power involves a little blood letting. in civilized areas we do it in dark alleys, and it is like the person slipped and hit his head or was mugged. Sometimes those stumbling out of a sallon are targets. Those usually don't have much for us, they are the breadsticks or the salad whichever you prefer. So to make a long story short , I do Believe in Catch and Release."
Zak Maclintock
ZAK Sheet

Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d4 Pace: 8; Parry: 0 (½ Fighting +2); Toughness: 4 (½ Vigor+2 plus armor); Strain: 0
Bennies 4

GEAR CARRIED:
OOC Comments
Body Armor:
MI "VAQUEROS" HEAVY EBA
The most popular series of new body armor produced by the Manistique Imperium, Vaqueros body armor has Mexican/Spanish styling worthy of its namesake. The helmet has a mesh fabric bandanna covering reminiscent of a western bandito, flashy cowboy boots made from advanced materials, and the armor has an integrated gun belt and pair of holsters. Besides being stylish,

Covered in a fiber-optic material, your armor color shifts to match the surrounding area with custom camouflage patterns, masks infrared as well as thermal emissions, and is designed to reduce noise. Wearers are +2 to all Stealth rolls.

Multi-Optics Helmet: This helmet—compatible with EBA systems (see page 88)—includes a targeting sight,
magnification, thermal, infrared, ultraviolet, and night optics. The wearer ignores Illumination penalties, gains +2 to sight based Notice checks or to offset Range penalties, and +1 Shooting with calibrated weapons. The helmet includes a hands-free radio (10-mile range) and megaphone voice projection system. It provides +4 Armor
and +2 Toughness to the head only, and can integrate into body armor helmets for an extra 500 credits (5 lb, 25,000 credits)

• Notes: Basic Communications (radio range five miles), air filtration systems, and five hours of emergency air

Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Characters wearing this coat treat their Strength as one die type higher when determining Encumbrance (SWADE page 67). This stacks with Brawny.
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

Vehicle/b]
Size 2 (Normal),

OOC Comments

Saddle Attachments
Weapons:
Jeffery Wurst

Post by Jeffery Wurst »

Having fought Vampire’s in Mexico for a couple of years Jeffery was well accustomed to the vicious nature of the psi stalker survival. But he had never met one so polite. With a grin on his face like @Zak Maclintock had just invited him to a back yard bbq Jeffery shook his hand. The Wurst vampire hunter’s drawl was smooth “Yaw. We got yer back naw. And I’m surew that we appreciate yer not dinnin our on us.”
Seems like a good group here. Makes me glad I told that Atlantan in the 77th no to joining them for an expedition to the Arctic. He was just a tad too intense. Plus with a name like Antipasta I just could not keep a straight face.
Jesse (Graunk)

Post by Jesse (Graunk) »

Aos looked around quickly, this was the hard part for him, introductions. he tried not to seem too eager, he had a lot of respect already for each of them. But, Aos knew all too well that a brief misunderstanding could lead to a lifetime of hardship. He's always felt like a coyote running with a pack of great wolves. Aos reached his hand out and made eye contact…
…With Jackal first and the others in turn. “it’s nice to get a chance to work with you.” He spoke evenly. “Never read your personal file. I don’t think someone else can rightfully tell me who someone else may be, only experience can show us who we really are.” Aos always liked to skip all the formalities in society… “ if you wouldn’t mind I was hoping you could help me re-supply at the armory with a nice long range rifle, if your going in that direction, I would value your opinion.” Aos could tell Jackal knew how to use a weapon, and well. He liked his alias Jackal as well. It seemed fitting. Cunning, and agile, strong and decisive, a survivor. “I had a few ideas on how we could compliment each other in the field, I have a few un-usual abilities that could be helpful.” He concluded. Without lingering he looked toward the Slinger.
“ I am no tree hugging flower sniffer.” Aos flatly stated to Zak, while tightly and respectfully taking his hand. “The true nature of things can be difficult for most to understand. Do you know what I mean?” Aos knew of the nomadic and fierce ways of the Psi-stalkers. He had no more a problem with their ways than those of the Spirit Wolf Pack or a Bear den. Sometimes animals make better companions than people do. Nature is balance in chaos. With a wry smirk he says “ Personally I prefer to hunt at predawn, right before roll call. I run a difficult trail through the hills on the outskirts of the Castle . I prefer a fresh meal. meat. After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If you’re up for a good run I assure you, the game is abundant, and rich with life-force.” His muscles tensed in reaction to the thrill of the hunt and its anticipation of a possible pack run, and hoped Zak realized Aos understood. Turning to Fahtoo he lightened up.
Aos was hoping Fahtoo would sit next to him. He felt comfortable around her. She was smart and easygoing, at least she held herself with extreme confidence. The rare feeling of acceptance was evident in her eyes, so clear, like crystal. He was dying to ask her about her special talents, with the machines, with her thoughts. It was so much like his own connection with nature and the physical realm, but so different as well. “ umm, hey, really nice to get to know you.” He stumbled on the right words. “ maybe we could meet in the meditation garden sometime, you know, where it’s safe to let the mind wander, a bit.” He felt awkward, asking. He was not trying to be invasive, and he sure didn’t want her to think he was a typical asshole. Maybe too late. “ I’m not trying to pry, I know that stuff is personal, I just needed to ask you about some things you might only understand.” He added quickly to negate any presumptions . “ I see and know things, about things.” Aos started to loose himself in the moment. Then snaps to. “Anyway just saying, the garden is nice place to meditate, I’ll show you where it is.” his voice trails off. He better quit while he still had some dignity. Jeffery Wurst was already stretching his hand in Aos’ direction.
“Can’t say I heard of the family name, but I’m sure you're gonna make them proud.” He said while clasping his hand. Aos was sincere. He new beneath the gentleman’s attire was a calculated hunter of supernatural darkness. A tough act to follow. “ but promise me this,” Aos said to Wurst, like life long friends. “if I get bitten, and you know what I mean. Do me. Do not hesitate! End it. I will not be a servant of darkness feeding on life.” The entire room could hear his plea. Then he smiled, without waiting for reply, snorted a brief chuckle, and released his grip while moving toward Bron.
In Aos’s experience Dwarves have little time for his personal philosophy and concepts on thought and matter. So, for the most part he knew to watch his approach. He shakes Bron’s hand and say’s “ Don’t worry sir, I won’t ask ya any dumb questions or tell ya any jokes to lighten the mood. I’ll leave you and your stuff alone and I’ll stay out of your way. I’ll never ask you if you need anything, and your mood is none of my business, just like everything else.” He could go on but decides to do the short list, and concludes. “ thanks for your time." Aos pats him on the shoulder firmly once and steps back.
Now that the awkward formalities were over Aos breathed a sigh of relief as the newly formed team begins to get to know each other and become a true pack.

Captain Brom Treister-common knowledge 1d8!-2: [4]-2 = 2 / 1d6!-2: [6!, 2]-2 = 6

notice ( 1d10!: [1] = 1 / 1d6!: [3] = 3

persuasion ( 1d4-2: [4]-2 = 2 / 1d6!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Last edited by Jesse (Graunk) on Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
James T
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by James T »

Jackal notes her reaction and smiles at Fahtoo before turning to the others.

Straightening his tie he takes in the rest of the introductions.

“Great. As I say. I’m stocked, don’t need supplies, but would love a tour. Supply run and maybe check out the pub outside the castle. Aos, I would love to discuss rifles. Lead on.”
James T in 102 PA

Zak Maclintock

Post by Zak Maclintock »

Zac looks at the others and then answers some questions, "Donkey you and I are going out to hunt, and any one else that likes to , now a deer will allow those rations to go on for days so we don't have to take much there. Water will be important as we don't know what the other places will have as clean water."

"Now I find myself depending on lifts , Rides some time do we have a group vehicle, something that we can fit in to or maybe two of them< or should I go buy myself, or scrounge a horse or two up? Oh that is another thing I forgot to mention, I borrow things from others a bit , again something the CS had me trained. I might need to beat a hasty retreat from somewhere do to them wanting to stop me." He crumples his face in a bit worried looked, "Sometimes it from a wife or two."

" heard of the song, 'All My Exes Live in Texas', that is not true. And that should be a story for another drunk night, unless I'm getting another wife of course."

"We go together to get some gear, and dogs, or wolf breed, might be good to have along for guarding and tracking, we should be able to train a few to really help us. Matter of fact we have a good bases for a carnival group. meaning no disrespect to all of us, but with donkey here I'm sure he can transform into some interesting beast, did anyone ever think of getting into Show business? Sharpshooter, we need a sword swallower, fire eater, we have a beauty. We might need a trailer to have some horses. It should have some hidden compartments, that can carry other things we need to hide too."
Zak Maclintock
ZAK Sheet

Bennies 4

GEAR CARRIED:
OOC Comments
Body Armor:
MI "VAQUEROS" HEAVY EBA

Features:
• 12 attachment points

Vehicle/b]
Size 2 (Normal),

OOC Comments

Saddle Attachments
Weapons:
Fahtoo

Post by Fahtoo »

Jeffery Wurst wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:40 pm“Yaw, a pleasure Miss Fahtooo, yes a nice spear. Ahem, thank yaw kindly for helping my baby sis back in Memphis.”
Fahtoo took a closer look at Jeffrey's face, now seeing some family resemblence to one of the girls they'd brought back. "Oh! Are you the brother Marie was warning us about on the trip back?" She gave him a playful wink. Marie's tales had mostly portrayed him as funny and competitent.
Aos Theay wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:12 pmHe felt awkward, asking. He was not trying to be invasive, and he sure didn’t want her to think he was a typical asshole. Maybe too late. “ I’m not trying to pry, I know that stuff is personal, I just needed to ask you about some things you might only understand.” He added quickly to negate any presumptions . “ I see and know things, about things.” Aos started to loose himself in the moment. Then snaps to. “Anyway just saying, the garden is nice place to meditate, I’ll show you where it is.” his voice trails off.

Biting back a smile at his hesitant request, Fahtoo leaned in closer to reply softly. "I'd like that. Maybe we can go this evening after supper."
Zak Maclintock wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:06 pm...Matter of fact we have a good bases for a carnival group. meaning no disrespect to all of us, but with donkey here I'm sure he can transform into some interesting beast, did anyone ever think of getting into Show business? Sharpshooter, we need a sword swallower, fire eater, we have a beauty. ...
At the mention of a traveling-show beauty, Fahtoo immediately turned to smile at the fresh faced young elf beside her. "But if we put Aos out on a stage for all the world to see, some hillbilly will get infatuated and try to carry him off in the middle of the night. Who wants to go through the hassle of extricating him from a gang of obsessed fangirls?"

She wrapped an arm around behind him and gave Aos a quick side hug.

"I'm not sure that a traveling circus is the cover that I want to use for a long dangerous mission. Do you think we could come up with something more like...I don't know... Land surveyors? Human resource training contractors? International drug cartel? Transportation solution startup company looking for a headquarters? Movie crew scouting locations? Literally anything other than a traveling side show?"
Fahtoo DeCruz

Constant Effects:
Adventure Cards:

Edit Signature
Bron Stormbrew

Post by Bron Stormbrew »

Castle Refuge
Afternoon

Bron stayed in his seat, watching the others as they chatted each other up. He fiddled with one of his devices until Aos came over to talk to him. Great. An elf.

“Fair ‘nuff, Elf,” Bron said.

Then the ugly dwarf looked over to the psi-stalker. “I go’ a vehicle,” he told the man. “Mountaineer Mk. 1. Nuclear engine. ‘er name’s Freya. Ye treat ‘er right, we willnae hae nae problems. Ye disrespect ‘er, I leave ye in a ditch. She’ll seat five o’ yeh, sae that’ll be ever’one. Only got a few rules. One, nae food or drink inside, ‘cept water an’ dry rations.” He paused. “An’ me dwarven whiskey,” he added. “Two, clean up yer own mess. But dunnae make messes.” He nodded as he finished.

Character Tracking
Bron Stormbrew Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness:18 (8)
Powers: Boost Trait, Healing, Smite
Hindrances: Greedy, Loyal, Ugly
Bennies: 3/3
Credits: 18,900
Edges
  • Ace: Spend Bennies to Soak damage for his vehicle; ignores up to 2 points of penalties.
  • Combat Ace: Ignore the Multi-Action penalty for making a Boating, Driving, or Piloting check and taking another action in the same round.
  • Connections: Black Market, once per session
  • McGyver: Craft improvised weapons, explosives, or tools.
  • Mr. Fixit: Half repair time on a raise.
  • UEMC: Half repair time on a raise.
“Freya” Mountaineer Mk. 1 Nuclear
Toughness 34 (16) MDC; Pace: 12/24 (120 mph); Size: 6 (+2 size modifier)
  • Light Laser
    • STS: Ignore illumination penalties; ignore 2 points of other penalties
    • No Unstable Platform penalties
  • Reinforced ram
  • ATV: Ignore up to 2 points of Driving penalties for Difficult Ground and treat each inch of Difficult Terrain as 1.5” instead of 2”
Jesse (Graunk)

Post by Jesse (Graunk) »

It was pre-dawn. Near darkness. A thick vapor hung low in the forest. Zak’s mech Horse zipped through the glen leaving wisps of fog in rings behind it barely visible in the shadows. It was fast and superior, also uncharacteristically quiet as it charged toward the quarry at the Psi-Stalkers every command. Zack hung sideways from the side with ease, clenching the saddle with his legs. His weapons where already in hand as he calculated the correct time to pounce. The rush was intoxicating. Both Aos and Zack needed a good hunt, and feast. Using herding techniques, Aos had Run down a large Spiny Backed Venom Spiker, a Deadly predatory mystical beast that preys on travelers and caravans that run between the protected communities. It was cornered between the advancing Slinger and Aos’ trapped stone ledge with no outlet. Aos was keeping it occupied with his spear being careful not to come in contact with the poison spikes protruding from all over its body. The savage beast stood 10’ lifted on its back haunches with an armored hide and massive sharp toothed jaw and metal shredding claws. At just the right moment the Druid drops his weapon low, dashes forward and slides directly beneath the beast, placing the spear wedged into the ground and pressed into the lower abdomen of the beast. Instinctively it tries to lunge forward and chomp attack at Aos but the planted spear prevents it from bending down and is left temporarily vulnerable. Launching himself from the iron horse the Psi-Slinger fires a single empowered shot that sinks deep into the only vulnerable spot on the Spiny Spiker, just beneath the maw’s lower jaw horn and into the main venom sac. Instantly killing the formidable beast.
“ The meat is sweet, like a hint of Honey, and blood” Aos was saying to his fellow hunter Zack shortly after. Both were full of fresh kill. Nutritious raw meat for the Druid and the plentiful life energies released at death for the Psi-Stalker. Zack looked refreshed and Aos also was feeling peek. The Bloodhawk, a leathery winged bird of pray that is the Druids’ animal companion plucks a fleshy tendon from the carcass, swallows it, squawks with satisfaction, and takes flight into the receding mists back toward the Castle. The hunting companions make eye contact. Smile knowingly, and before Aos can get out the words “ I’ll race ya!”, Zack was already galloping off on his high tech mount. “Crap, he’s fast!” Aos mumbles. Grabbing his spear he begins to run. With a psionic pulse he shifts into a Prairie Runner steed and bounds forward in the hopes to be able to win the race back the meeting location and todays’s final briefing for the “Hot Shots.”

Rolls
Occult (Sm) - d8
1d8!: [1] = 1
hero 1d6!: [2] = 2
( tried to find a suitable quarry but only this monster available)

Survival (Sm) - d10, Edge: Woodsman: +2 to Survival and Stealth in the wilds,
Edge: Field Intel: +2 on Notice or Electronics rolls made to detect location, activity, concealment, disposition, combat effectiveness, and movement of opposing forces. When checking to conceal forces or set ambushes,
1d10!+2: [5]+2 = 7
1d6!: [2] = 2
(track and hunt quarry)

1d10!+2: [4]+2 = 6
1d6!: [1] = 1
(set ambush trap)

Fighting (Ag) - d8
1d8!: [1] = 1
(looks like Aos got poisoned during his maneuver, doesn't notice until later, must heal himself)

Psionics (Sm) - d10
1d10!: [7] = 7
1d6!: [2] = 2
(shape shift)

Persuasion (Sp) - d4 -2 from Persuasion rolls with all but others of their kind.
1d4!-2: [3]-2 = 1
1d6!-2: [6!, 6!, 4]-2 = 14
(the hunting trip was a success)

Psionics (Sm) - d10
1d10!: [2] = 2
(heal)
(to heal from Spiney Spiker Poison) (oh, crap, Aos is starting the adventure wounded,fatigued, or poisoned!) GM's approval of coarse.

Return to “Adventures”