09 - Why is it so cold?

Ndreare
Savage Siri

09 - Why is it so cold?

Post by Ndreare »

As Triessa looks around she feels disoriented and a little confused. Where is she and why is it so cold? Then as she watches the others begin appearing around her, each as if walking from the Astral Plane, though she sensed nothing before and they were no in the near Astral. Gathering around each other the Cell members need a moment to clear their heads before the realization hits Triessa. She knows this place. Just on the other side of the hill in front of her is her Grandfather's farmhouse.

Once they know where they are at, and with these new pieces of information the Cell members have decisions to make. Triessa's family is still in need, Gravely's family only has until tomorrow, and they others have much on their mind to think about...

Instructions: Role Play with each others, what do you say or do, and where do you head knowing both Gravely's family and Triessa's family are in need of help.

• 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Gravely

Re: 09 - Why is it so cold?

Post by Gravely »

One of the few times Gravely asserts himself in front of the Cell.

"I know each of us had a pretty intense experience there. And I have no intention of down playing anyone's experiences."

"We may need to split up for a bit, though I am not sure how soon we could get back together."

"My family is in immediate danger and I need to go now."

Gravely places his hand on @Sam's shoulder, "Thank you for your patience and understanding. That vision may be playing out as we speak."

"I am certain that between Micheal and Mary I can get to where I need to go and possibly rejoin you all in a short period of time."

@Triessa "Triessa, I know your grandparents are needing help. If you can give me specifics of where and how to get to them, I will rejoin you all."
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Rank 7 Seasoned Human Mortal Champion
Pace: 6 / 1d6 || Parry: 5 || Toughness: 5 [0 /4] ||
Wounds: 0 of 3 || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Bennies: 5/5
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Morri

Post by Morri »

Almost soon as Morri appears she immediately let spew a stream of some very angry words in Gaelic, moving a short distance away from the cell and kicking the ground as she did so. The rage seemed to be boiling off her, though after a moment this subsides and Morri seems to go quiet as she stands with her back to the group. Morri then sinks to her knees, puts her hands over her face and starts sobbing.
Mórrígan 'Morri' Ní Mháille, Human Rogue

Morri Human Rogue
Parry: 6, Toughness: 6 (2)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Alex looks around for his companions as his mind reels from the process and it's revelations. Triessa will know what that means. He needs her and her families advice on what just happened.

As everything comes into focus he catches the remainder of Gravely's speech. Where is he going? Right, Rhonda. She's going to die.

Composing himself, Alex looks at Gravely,"I'm coming with you. Triessa's grandparents are more equipped to handle themselves. We have to help Rhonda."

Belatedly realizing that they are back in the real world, the shadowy form of his Morphus fades away to reveal Alex's Facade.

1 Light Benny due to Rob posting late. Used against Shadow Mantis in the Void
2 Light Bennys for updating signature
1 Light Benny for remembering to forget the basement
1 Light Benny for good astral RP

Name: Alexis "Alex" Hamilton
Discord: Bai Shen
Edges: Charismatic (Free reroll when using Persuasion.), Streetwise (+2 to Common Knowledge and criminal networking.), Thief (+1 Thievery, Athletics rolls made to climb, Stealth in urban environments.)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 1
PPE: 10/15
Kriza

Post by Kriza »

Sam is frozen, but not with the cold. What was that? he thinks.

He looks at @Gravely, his confusion clearly showing on his face.

“I’m a little lost, here, but I’ll come with, of course.”
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Sam wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:25 pm Sam is frozen, but not with the cold. What was that? he thinks.

He looks at Gravely, his confusion clearly showing on his face.

“I’m a little lost, here, but I’ll come with, of course.”
"I am uncertain if I can clarify fully for you, but I will give it my best efforts."

"Over eight years ago you had a name. An identity. You were someone that was loved. You had a place in this world." To emphasize he stamps the ground with foot several times.

"Then you and the group you were apart of, encountered the Nightlands and those that inhabit them. Your team was lost whether they died or you died, no one mortal has been able to say. All of you have been forgotten, a horrible side effect of your encounter and dealings with those of the Nightlands."

"You, Sam, however, seem to have exhibited a force of will that while not being remembered you would not be forgotten. Time and research will likely reveal what the significance is behind the current name but before you were Justin Turm and you were my brother."
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Mel Richter

Post by Mel Richter »

Triessa shakes her head. "I don't know exactly where they are, just where to start looking. And even if I knew 'where' it was, I couldn't give you directions. That's not really how the astral plane works. There's no maps, not really. If you know where you're going you can just sort of go there."

She takes a deep breath and nods.

"I can get us where you need to go, Gravely. Just tell me where. We can look for my grandparents after we've helped your people."
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Alex half listens to Triessa's explanation as he notices Morri when she begins sobbing.

Moving over to her, he silently rests a hand on her shoulder.

Edges: Charismatic (Free reroll when using Persuasion.), Streetwise (+2 to Common Knowledge and criminal networking.), Thief (+1 Thievery, Athletics rolls made to climb, Stealth in urban environments.)

Kriza

Post by Kriza »

Gravely wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:21 pm "You, Sam, however, seem to have exhibited a force of will that while not being remembered you would not be forgotten. Time and research will likely reveal what the significance is behind the current name but before you were Justin Turm and you were my brother."
"My... brother? You know me? Knew me?"

Sam is floored by the revelation and, at least temporarily, tongue tied. How do I respond to that?
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Triessa wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:45 am Triessa shakes her head. "I don't know exactly where they are, just where to start looking. And even if I knew 'where' it was, I couldn't give you directions. That's not really how the astral plane works. There's no maps, not really. If you know where you're going you can just sort of go there."

She takes a deep breath and nods.

"I can get us where you need to go, Gravely. Just tell me where. We can look for my grandparents after we've helped your people."
"Roanoke Texas. A little community outside of Dallas Texas."

"I moved our mother there ten years ago. Rhonda and Daron about six ago."

Gravely opens up his laptop and boots up the hard drive. He opens up some reference pictures of Frank and Justin's mom, Rhonda, and Daron. Other pictures are of historic downtown restaurants as well as the Hawaiian Falls water and theme park.
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Morri

Post by Morri »

Alexis wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:38 am Alex half listens to Triessa's explanation as he notices Morri when she begins sobbing.

Morri continues to sob, though her crying gradually becomes quieter and quieter. Eventually she falls silent altogether, though she remained slumped on her knees and her face in her hands.

Morri Human Rogue
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Sam wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:58 am
Gravely wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:21 pm "You, Sam, however, seem to have exhibited a force of will that while not being remembered you would not be forgotten. Time and research will likely reveal what the significance is behind the current name but before you were Justin Turm and you were my brother."
"My... brother? You know me? Knew me?"

Sam is floored by the revelation and, at least temporarily, tongue tied. How do I respond to that?
"Justin. You joined a para-military group, over eight years ago. You left a wife behind, her name is Rhonda."

"Your group. Your unit. Completely disappeared. The location, date, time, and all other details are sealed. It would seem that Rhonda has found some information that has compromised her safety and her son, Daron as well."

"They both need to know what really is. Details about the Nightlands and Nightlords. Who we really are. You. Me. And the other cell members."
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Morri wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:01 pm
Alexis wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:38 am Alex half listens to Triessa's explanation as he notices Morri when she begins sobbing.

Morri continues to sob, though her crying gradually becomes quieter and quieter. Eventually she falls silent altogether, though she remained slumped on her knees and her face in her hands.
" I don't want to come across insensitive to the rest of you and your situations. The chance to prevent another from dieing is just to great. "

Pausing for a minute, " I get a strange feeling that us saving Rhonda will likely provide information and clues, even answers for some of you."
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Morri

Post by Morri »

"Sorry..." Mumbled Morri, sniffling as she wiped her tears with the back of her arm. "Bit o' a shock finding out me parents are dead when I thought they were fine."

"No...didn't think they were fine, I was told they were fine." She corrected herself, though with a hint of anger in her voice. "The cell that found me said me parents were fine!"

Morri Human Rogue
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Morri wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:12 pm "Sorry..." Mumbled Morri, sniffling as she wiped her tears with the back of her arm. "Bit o' a shock finding out me parents are dead when I thought they were fine."

"No...didn't think they were fine, I was told they were fine." She corrected herself, though with a hint of anger in her voice. "The cell that found me said me parents were fine!"
Gravely looks at Morri. "I would say that Cell, had fallen to a very clever Nightlord."

"You have time to decide how you wish to handle things, if you decide to come with us."

@Triessa "Hopefully we can make the trip to Roanoke in less than a day."

"I will gladly field questions and help each of you work out plans for dealing with the truths revealed, while Triessa gets us set to travel."
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Morri

Post by Morri »

Gravely wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:27 pmGravely looks at Morri. "I would say that Cell, had fallen to a very clever Nightlord."

"You have time to decide how you wish to handle things, if you decide to come with us."
Morri sighed heavily. "I really don't have anywhere, or even know where else ta go."

"Right now I prefer having some company, wot with having ta contend with evil dark entities and all that."

"Course theres the niggle that I don't know wot happened ta me twin sis, I think she's alive but have no way o' knowing fer sure."
Last edited by Morri on Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Morri Human Rogue
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Morri wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:06 am
Gravely wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:27 pmGravely looks at Morri. "I would say that Cell, had fallen to a very clever Nightlord."

Morri sighed heavily. "I really have anywhere, or even know where else ta go."

"Right now I prefer having some company, wot with having ta contend with evil dark entities and all that."

"Course theres the niggle that I don't know wot happened ta me twin sis, I think she's alive but have no way o' knowing fer sure."
"We can get in touch with Michael and Mary. Have them help us dig for clues. "

"Coming with us to Roanoke, I need you to use those sharp senses of yours to be alert for hounds and others from the Nightlands."

"We focus on completing one task at a time and gathering clues and intel for each other question or mystery we are trying to answer or solve. "
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Morri

Post by Morri »

"Alright." Morri said simply. "Just gimme me a moment and don't leave without me."

Morri wandered a short distance from the group to be on her own again, though close to hand if the cell made to leave or something else happened. Her parents were dead, as much as she hated that she also knew there was so so little that she could do about it other than accept the fact as truth. Her sister and twin, Morgana, on the other hand...she simply didn't know.

Replaying the events of the fateful night in her head, try as she might she couldn't gleam anything on what happened to her twin. Morri had the feeling that she wasn't the only one to change that night, a feeling that brought the vision of two wolves with green eyes to the forefront of her mind.

Where are ye? She quietly muttered to herself as she stared up at the night sky.

Morri Human Rogue
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

As Morri walks away from the group, Alex walks over to stand by Triessa.

"So, uh,"he begins hesitantly,"I know we're on a time crunch and everything, but I really need to talk to you about what just happened."

Mel Richter

Post by Mel Richter »

Triessa nods at Alex. "Okay. We can talk as we go. One second."

It took a minute or two to gather everyone together, and then she repeated what she'd done before...summoning the Astral plane to billow around them, and transport them from the farmland deep into the infinite corners of the Outer Astral.

"Hey, Gravely. Time is kind of...funny this far out into the Astral plane. It'll take us a couple of days or so to get out there for us. But probably..." she winced slightly, thinking it through, "...maybe half an hour? On Earth? I might be able to do something to go faster but you'll have to bear with me. I've never actually tried doing it before."

She inhaled deeply and closed her eyes.

The misty vapors of the Astral plane seemed to shiver, as if a concussion wave had moved through them. A pulse of some kind, emanating from Triessa. Ectoplasm swirled up alongside her, congealing into the shape and appearance of a sign on a narrow metal pole. Another mass of the mists re-formed into a...a bench. On the sign were numbers.

Then lights shone through the silver Astral fog, a pair of them. The sound of a heavy engine running, of pneumatic brakes hissing. The smell of oil and diesel fumes. A bus rolled up to the bus stop she'd made. Driverless, empty, eerie as all hell...but otherwise perfectly normal looking.

Triessa opened her eyes and eyed the bus for a moment, then nodded. "All aboard. This should help keep everyone together, and it'll go fast enough to make it worth it. Alex, come on...you can talk to me on the bus."

She got on board and went straight to the rearmost seats, scooting over to make room for Alex. Only once everyone else had gotten on did the accordion-folded door by the empty driver's seat fold shut, and the bus pull away from the stop. Looking out the window, one could even see the sign and bench dissolving away into mists again...

"Okay, what's on your mind?" she asked Alex when he joined her.

Outside the window, the Astral plane was endless white clouds, betraying no sense of speed or position...and the bus rolled on.

Action
Creating a temporary domain in the form of a bus. Using the 'moving domain' from Discord. Please let me know if these rules shouldn't be used yet, or should be different, and I'll adjust accordingly. Domain is:

Temp Domain - Veteran character = 6CP total
Astral Portal (the bus door) - 1CP
Tiny size - 0CP
Laws of Physics - 1CP
Mobile (500mph) - 4CP
Last edited by Mel Richter on Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Alex nods in response to Triessa's acknowledgement.

As the bus pulls up, he comments,"This is a first. They're not normally this nice."

Following Triessa onto the bus, Alex gawks a bit as they walk to the back. Sitting down next to her, he asks,"What do you remember of your experience after asking your question?"

Mel Richter

Post by Mel Richter »

Triessa shrugs, a little uncomfortably and says, "There was...a kind of feeling of stretching, I guess. Not in a good way. Everything went blank, sort of, and they said something else to me. Something...personal. And then I was in the Astral plane again. I had some time to think, and then you guys started showing up."

"Why? What happened to you?"
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

"Well, when you got stretched out, a silver copy of you stepped out of your body and joined the mass of others. This happened to everyone who asked a question. I noticed that your grandfather was there as well but not your grandmother, which made me wonder if she had been alarmed by what happened and left instead of asking a question. I had my suspicious but decided we needed to take the risk and asked what he wasn't telling us."

Alex takes a deep breath and lets it out before plowing forwards in a rush,"He responded that the answer should be obvious to anyone familiar with the process. That he takes our souls to provide him immortality."

Alex falls silent and looks hopefully up at Triessa.

Morri

Post by Morri »

Morri spent a few moments collecting her thoughts, trying to figure out what she ought to be doing next. Tracking the cell that had found her was a given, least to find out why she was lied to regarding the fate of her parents. There was also the fact that her twin was presumably still alive, somewhere, and ignorant of what happened on that fateful night. Morri kept coming back to the vision of the two wolves and wondered what it meant, was her twin in trouble?

She couldn't help but feel that finding her twin was the more urgent task. Besides, she wasn't certain she really wanted answers regarding the death of her parents.

Morri's thoughts were interrupted by the Cell moving again, this time back into the Astral and then on a bus that Triessa had summoned. She climbed onboard and picked a seat at random to sit upon, though she noticed Triessa and Alex were seated towards the rear of the bus and engaged in a discussion. Whereas normally Morri would try to eavesdrop, she felt conflicted whether she wanted company or to be alone right now.

Morri Human Rogue
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Morri wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:53 pm Morri spent a few moments collecting her thoughts, trying to figure out what she ought to be doing next. Tracking the cell that had found her was a given, least to find out why she was lied to regarding the fate of her parents. There was also the fact that her twin was presumably still alive, somewhere, and ignorant of what happened on that fateful night. Morri kept coming back to the vision of the two wolves and wondered what it meant, was her twin in trouble?

She couldn't help but feel that finding her twin was the more urgent task. Besides, she wasn't certain she really wanted answers regarding the death of her parents.

Morri's thoughts were interrupted by the Cell moving again, this time back into the Astral and then on a bus that Triessa had summoned. She climbed onboard and picked a seat at random to sit upon, though she noticed Triessa and Alex were seated towards the rear of the bus and engaged in a discussion. Whereas normally Morri would try to eavesdrop, she felt conflicted whether she wanted company or to be alone right now.
Gravely watched the others being unphased by the arrival of the bus. Briefly his thoughts went back to a time with @Triessa's parents.

"@Morri, What are you considering?"
Last edited by Gravely on Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Morri

Post by Morri »

Gravely wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:38 pmGravely watched the others being unphased by the arrival of the bus. Thoughts went back time with Triessa's parents.

"Morri, What are you considering?"
Morri sighed. "The night me parents, well, yeah...".

She relaid what she could recall of that fateful night, once she'd recounted the tale she added. "Me twin sis, never saw wot happened ta her and haven't seen or even heard from her since."

"Tis just that I have a...feeling she's out there but dunno if she's in trouble or wot." Morri continued. "That and I dunno whether she knows 'bouts...well...ye know wot."

Morri Human Rogue
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Morri wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:56 pm
Gravely wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:38 pmGravely watched the others being unphased by the arrival of the bus. Thoughts went back time with Triessa's parents.

"Morri, What are you considering?"
Morri sighed. "The night me parents, well, yeah...".

She relaid what she could recall of that fateful night, once she'd recounted the tale she added. "Me twin sis, never saw wot happened ta her and haven't seen or even heard from her since."

"Tis just that I have a...feeling she's out there but dunno if she's in trouble or wot." Morri continued. "That and I dunno whether she knows 'bouts...well...ye know wot."
"I know the feeling. Been nearly eight years since my brother and I last saw each other."

Gravely points over to @Sam. "It is not that he has forgotten who he is. He has just been placed back in a world where he has been forgotten. Being to long in an unbieliving world, he has even stopped believing in himself."

"The same could have happened to your twin."
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Morri

Post by Morri »

Gravely wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:10 pm"I know the feeling. Been nearly eight years since my brother and I last saw each other."

Gravely points over to Sam. "It is not that he has forgotten who he is. He has just been placed back in a world where he has been forgotten. Being to long in an unbieliving world, he has even stopped believing in himself."

Morri frowned.

"Tis only been a few months...least I think it has." She said. "Though I'd buy a blow ta the head as an option."

"Sorry...this whole thing has turned out ta be more unexpected than we could've expected." Continued Morri. "I mean I'd expected some bother with tracking down Triessa's grandparents, but not having ta question recent events in me life."

Morri Human Rogue
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Morri wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:08 pm
Gravely wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:10 pm"I know the feeling. Been nearly eight years since my brother and I last saw each other."

Gravely points over to Sam. "It is not that he has forgotten who he is. He has just been placed back in a world where he has been forgotten. Being to long in an unbieliving world, he has even stopped believing in himself."

Morri frowned.

"Tis only been a few months...least I think it has." She said. "Though I'd buy a blow ta the head as an option."

"Sorry...this whole thing has turned out ta be more unexpected than we could've expected." Continued Morri. "I mean I'd expected some bother with tracking down Triessa's grandparents, but not having ta question recent events in me life."
"I will help you piece together the details. Then we can sift the clues."
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Mel Richter

Post by Mel Richter »

Triessa felt a stab of nervousness at Alex's question, and she looked down for a second as she tried to remember if she'd learned anything about this kind of thing from the Seekers or her grandparents before. Souls were...tricky, if she recalled right.

"So...okay, I'm just going to say first of all that I don't know how that'd work off the top of my head. I don't really know a lot about souls and necromancy. In general, I think taking someone's soul is really hard to do unless they specifically permit it though. Like, actually are aware they're giving up their soul, and agree to do so. In GENERAL, a person who is wholly ignorant of the consequences of an agreement, or a person who's not making their own choices...like they're being influenced by something...isn't able to 'consent' to surrender their soul. That doesn't make it impossible to take, but...it should be a lot harder."

She took a deep breath. "I'll do some research though, when we're back. And when I have time. Or...when we find my grandpa I'll ask him. It happened in an astral domain, and those places can REALLY mess with normal laws of nature, so...he might be the best person to answer it. In the meantime...done is done. We'll figure out what happened and how to deal with it as soon as we can."

Despite the attempt to be reassuring, Triessa was feeling increasingly not okay with it. Her dad's image HAD been there, which implied strongly that he at least had either not wanted to try to reverse that process...or that he was unable to reverse it. And if he couldn't, she sure as hell wouldn't. But how did having souls make you immortal? Astral Domains could change natural laws but...you couldn't just do ANYTHING.

Damnit! But if they'd lied to him about that, then they could have lied about where her grandparents were! And why would they bother lying? What did it gain them to lie?

One more thing to worry about. Just...great.
Morri

Post by Morri »

Gravely wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:37 am"I will help you piece together the details. Then we can sift the clues."
"Thank ye." Morri said quietly, then sighed. "Though we've gots more pressing matters ta sort out first."

"Like do we tell her..." She continued, jerking her head in Triessa's direction. "...that her grandparents were betrayed yet or leave that 'til later?"

Morri Human Rogue
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Seraph appears resigned to his fate of more otherworldly experiences as he boards the "bus" with his newfound allies at Triessa's behest. He takes a seat accompanied by a sigh and joins the conversation, "My apologies for not partaking in the questioning in Krísi. I have lived a long life, and survival has taught me never to allow individuals or experiences to take anything from me I would not otherwise give. I doubt that forum would have been capable of providing me with personal information of any note regardless, and you each seem to have gotten much more out of the exchange than I believe I would have."

He looks at Triessa and asks, "I have no love for these otherworldly realms, my lady. Will we soon return to the mortal realm?"
Seraph, Angelic Nightbane (Koshnek#3472)
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 7(2)
Pace: 6(d6); Flight: 6(d6); Parry: 9; Toughness: 16(6)

• Command: +1 to allies’ Shaken recovery rolls in Command Range (5”).
  • Dark Sight: Ignore dim/dark lighting penalties, but not Supernatural or total darkness.
  • Fast Regeneration: The character no longer rolls regeneration twice per time interval. Instead the character may now make a natural healing roll at the start of every turn (immediately before rolling to unshake if needed). Whenever the creature gains a permanent injury, it may make a natural healing roll once recovered from the Incapacitation which caused the injury. On a success, the injury heals in 1d6 hours. Even on a failure the character may roll again after 1 day, until the permanent injury is healed.
    Note: For a Nightbane with this ability, both Facade and Morphus gain fast regeneration.
  • Frenzy: Roll a second Fighting die with one melee attack per turn.
  • The commander has a natural grasp of small unit tactics and can take advantage of rapidly changing situations.
    A Tactician is dealt an extra Action Card each round of combat or a chase—kept separate from his own cards. At the start of the round, he may discard it or give it to any one allied Extra in Command Range. The player or GM controlling the receiving character can decide whether to accept and replace her current Action Card, or discard it.
    : Draw two extra Action Card each turn that may be assigned to any allies in Command Range (5”).
  • Supernatural Becoming: The Nightbane has the ability to turn into their Morphus form by concentrating for one full round doing nothing else. The Nightbane can make a Spirit Roll at -2 to transform as a single action, on a raise this action does not inflict a multiple action penalty to other actions in the turn.
    • Dark Champion: Nightbane are natural enemies with the forces of darkness and gain the
      Champions fight the forces of darkness (or good), adding +2 damage when attacking supernaturally evil (or good if they’re evil) creatures. The bonus applies to area effect damage, ranged attacks, powers, etc.
      The GM must decide which foes this bonus applies to, but generally it’s any evil (or good!) creature born of magic or with any supernatural abilities.
      Edge whenever in their Morphus Form.
    • Seraph is Very Attractive and adds +2 to Performance and Persuasion rolls if the target is attracted to his general type (gender, sex, species, etc.). He is also Charismatic and gains a free reroll when using Persuasion.
      : Seraph’s angelic morphus is so flawlessly human that it’s nearly inhuman in its beauty. More than that, Seraph’s usual manner of a silver-tongued devil transforms into something more. When Seraph’s angelic morphus speaks, his words carry meaning. Anyone who hears them knows they are words of truth and can feel any emotion Seraph is conveying to be genuine and moving.
    • Limited Invulnerability: Nightbane are immune to mind control, possession, transformation, and similar powers or abilities not specifically designed to work against them. Such powers/abilities simply roll off of the targeted Nightbane. (However some spells such as, by way of example, a power trapped specifically to force Nightbane to switch between their Facade and Morphus forms, or Repel a Nightbane, do have full effect).
    • Martial Warrior: Unarmed Fighting +2, fists and feet count as Natural Weapons, add d6 damage die to unarmed Fighting attacks (or increase die two steps if you already have it).
    • Radiant Armaments: Seraph's Morphus form gains +3 Toughness and +6 Armor from its angelic plate armor. It's blade of light (Natural Weapons) deals Str+d6 damage, AP 2 with +1 to parry. (Martial Warrior bumps this to Str+d10.)

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; PPE: 15/15
Light Bennies: 3/3; Dark Bennies: 0/1; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Edit Signature
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Morri wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:12 pm
Gravely wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:37 am"I will help you piece together the details. Then we can sift the clues."
"Thank ye." Morri said quietly, then sighed. "Though we've gots more pressing matters ta sort out first."

"Like do we tell her..." She continued, jerking her head in Triessa's direction. "...that her grandparents were betrayed yet or leave that 'til later?"
"Like you said, we have more pressing matters at hand."

"We will certainly cover those and other details later."
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Mel Richter

Post by Mel Richter »

Triessa shakes her head. "You don't owe me any apologies. If anything I might owe you one for dragging you into a totally unknown astral domain. Normally a terrible idea, I was just...desperate. And I guess that's never a good time to make important decisions."

She closes her eyes for a second, then leans back in her seat and sighs.

"Soon. We're going...pretty fast. We should be in the right neighborhood soon. Hopefully someone can afford a rental or something once we're on the other side though. I can't whistle up magic schoolbusses in the real world."
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

"Best to find something that will not draw attention."

"Avoid the bold colors. No reds, yellows, whites, or blacks."

"Nothing newer than the 90's."

Gravely laughs. " @Triessa Could you bring me my Ford Bronco?"
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Mel Richter

Post by Mel Richter »

Triessa gave Gravely a look and shook her head.

"Dude, you're the CIA guy. Can't you just make a call and have one flown in by a black helicopter? Maybe get the UN to send peacekeepers in with their one world government and their lizard people secret masters?"

She signed and added, "That kind of joke was funnier when it wasn't true."
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Triessa wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:15 pm Triessa gave Gravely a look and shook her head.

"Dude, you're the CIA guy. Can't you just make a call and have one flown in by a black helicopter? Maybe get the UN to send peacekeepers in with their one world government and their lizard people secret masters?"

She signed and added, "That kind of joke was funnier when it wasn't true."
Gravely laughs even harder.

"The less we involve local, state, or federal agencies the better."

Gravely wipes his eyes and tries to catch his breath.

"Thanks @Triessa I needed that."
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges: