Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Adventures of the Legion's 32nd Special Exploratory Team.
Pursuit
Game Master

Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Pursuit »

The party makes it the rest of the way to Sapien Valley the next day without much incident and arrives in the early afternoon.

Dazzle's long range scanners pick up a small cluster of buildings, 7 total, with a number of humanoids moving around among them.

How would you like to approach the homestead? Based on your intel from Psyscape, there can't be but a few families here, and they are reportedly all human supremacists.

Dazzle does not see anything on her scanners indicating the presence of a war band in the area at the moment.
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
Vincent

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Vincent »

Vincent looks up from the ratty journal he's been obsessed with recently. "So what's the plan ladies and gents?"
Dazzle

Post by Dazzle »

Wilderness outside Psyscape
Evening
Round 0

Dazzle reported her sensor readings to the others, only too happy they were working. “Well, I’m safe if they’re human supremacists,” she said with a chuckle. “And a Glitter Grrrl!!! to boot. If none of you use magic, and we put Billy under a blanket, most of you could pass,” she noted. “Sis just needs to keep her visor on. And we got enough firepower to level the town if there’s trouble.”

Current Loadout
Party Loot
TW Longsword
Black market light body armor x2
Vibro-knife x2
Laser pistol x2
Character Tracker
Dazzle Character Sheet
Pace: 14; Run d8 (60 mph); Swim 6/6; Run d6; Parry: 6 (GG 7); Toughness: 40 (25 MDC)/11 (5)
Bennies: 2/3
Conviction: Y
Credits: d6 (19,000)
Boom Gun: 100/100; 2 reloads (100 each)
Ghost Blades: 1/24 hours
Pistol: 24/24; 2 reloads (24 each)
Rifle: 20/20
Encumbrance: 53/40 (33/40 without pack)
First aid kit: 3/3
Laser Resistant (Armor): Half damage and AP from lasers
Quick: Redraw initiative 5 and under.
Fame: Make double pay with Performance
Hindrances: Impulsive, Driven, Loyal
Sis

Post by Sis »

"The visor is a dead give away for a lot of people. Probably best if I just stay in the mountaineer and keep Billy company."

She shakes her head at Dazzle's comment about leveling the town. "That would kind of defeat the purpose of the trip don't you think. Not that I care much for the supremecists, but seems like a waste of a trip if that's what ends up happening."
Sis - Nega Psychic
Details
-1 for Fear Reroll

Conviction: Yes

ISP: 18/20
-1 armor
-1 smite
Wounds: 0/4
Fatigue: 0/3
Parry: 5
Pace: 6
Toughness: 15 (6)

Active Powers:

Active Effects:

Notable Edges:
Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
Attractive: +1 to Performance and Persuasion
Brave: +2 to Fear checks
Strong Willed: +2 to resist Tests
Command: +1 to alles to unshake

Notable Hindrances:
Bad Rep: (Racial) Uncooperative reaction of known to be altara
Blind (Racial): Can’t read or see purely visual info
Instilled Ignorance (Racial): No core Common Knowledge, plus -2 to CK rolls
Storm Fouled Senses (Racial): Inclement weather (Sand Storms, Fires with lots of smoke) -2 to notice, fighting, shooting, etc

Update Signature
Vargan Orok

Post by Vargan Orok »

The idea of hiding the non-human in the Mountains sets a sadness in Hedge's heart. Nxlya doesn't care if you human or not. All souls taste the same to it.

Hedge shakes his head, "I agree with Sis. We shouldn't worry about levelling the town. With our luck we'll do it by accident anyway."

With that he gives Strider a like kick and begins to ride toward town. He peels back his cloak and activates his cyber armor for all to see. Looking over his shoulder he just shrugs, "A Glitter girl and a cyber knight coming into town should be enough to keep us from getting shot at."
Vargan Orok (Ranger)
Bennies 3/3, Conviction 2/2
Squidge

Post by Squidge »

"I'll go," chirps Squidge amiably. "I'm human. You know, except for my huge, throbbing brain." She grins. "As long as they don't crack my skull open, it should be fine."

"Give me a ride, Hedge?"

Assuming the knight agrees, she'll hurry after him and climb up onto the horse behind him.
Dazzle

Post by Dazzle »

Evening
Round 0

“We’ll have to get you some sunglasses, Sis,” Dazzle said. “And if they don’t accept our help because of it, then we can let them deal with the trouble on their own. They’ll beg us.”

Current Loadout
Party Loot
TW Longsword
Vibro-knife x2
Laser pistol x2
Character Tracker
Dazzle Character Sheet
Pace: 14; Run d8 (60 mph); Swim 6/6; Run d6; Parry: 6 (GG 7); Toughness: 40 (25 MDC)/11 (5)
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

"I'll come too, if you don't mind? I can conceal my aura in case they have dog boys, or cat boys, or lizard boys, or whatever it is they have. But if you think it's too much of a risk..." he shrugs "No big deal."
White Castle

Post by White Castle »

Vincent wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:13 pm "I'll come too, if you don't mind? I can conceal my aura in case they have dog boys, or cat boys, or lizard boys, or whatever it is they have. But if you think it's too much of a risk..." he shrugs "No big deal."
"Supremicists means they don't favor any kind of mutant."

"What to be cautious of really is the disguised individuals. The ones that are inclined to psychic or arcane power and are likely to tip off the village, to anyone that is as well."

@Pursuit are these buildings of MD quality? What are they made of? Older buildings that have been rennovated? Newer construction? Any signs of cultivation or domesticated animals or livestock?
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

(Sorry; I somehow missed the notification on your post, @White Castle)

The buildings are decidedly not of MD quality. With only a few families living here, and none of them particularly wealthy, no one bothered to ship in MD building materials.

The houses look to be of decent enough quality and are made up of a hodgepodge of prefab materials and natural building materials that were obviously collected on site.

As the human (and human-looking) members of the party approach, a woman with a slight limp, broad shoulders, and a battered-looking Wilks rifle walks out to meet you. Once you are within earshot, she calls out, "That's far enough! State your business!"

Please make a Notice roll at -2 for the distance between you and the woman.

Anyone staying behind, feel free to RP what your characters are up to while you wait.

Falderol Grelemis

Post by Falderol Grelemis »

Billy sits in the Mountaineer and sulks. These small towns are what he was raised in and now these weak humans think they are too good for good help. He almost wishes something bad would happen just so they have to saved by him and Sis.

When the figure steps out and stops the rest of the party he pulls out his binoculars and takes a look. "They have been stopped by a woman who thinks a simple laser rifle would stop them." he informes Sis.

Using binocs I figured the range penalty would not apply.
Notice: 1d8!: [5] = 5
Wild: 1d6!: [5] = 5
Full Sheet
Parry: 7
Toughness: 9(3)
Vargan Orok

Post by Vargan Orok »

Notice 2, Fail
Notice 1d6!!-2 / 1d6!!-2: [4]-2+[2]-2 = 2
Trotting in slowly Hedge can't take his eyes off the woman's laser rife. He knows in his mind it's not much of a threat but his lizard brain is on overdrive. It takes almost all his mental effort to restrain himself from activating his psi-sword and leaping into action. The distraction of controlling his unbidden responses to precevied danger means he is more focused on himself then observing anything useful about the woman.

Collecting himself he raises his hands, "Easy ma'am. You can see I'm a Cyber Knight and my companion is obviously a Glitter Boy. We're travelling here cause we heard you might need help with some trouble. If that isn't the case we can ride on, but given you're pointing that pea shooter at us I'm thinking folks are a little edgy around here."
Vargan Orok (Ranger)
White Castle

Post by White Castle »

Castle rode in alongside @Hedge, equally as cautious as the Cyber Knight, Castle remains silent.

But he does take in the literally ramshackle village
Notice 1d10!!+2: [2]+2 = 4 Wild 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
. (Notice Success)
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

@Hedge Please make a Persuasion roll. You May make the roll at a +1 to account for the presence of both a Cyber-Knight and a Glitter Boy.

Anyone who made their Notice roll can tell the woman is sporting some fresh bruises and on her face and bandages on her arm and on the fingers of one hand.

Vargan Orok

Post by Vargan Orok »

Persuasion 8
Persuasion 1d8+1!! / 1d6+1!!: [7]+1+[2]+1 = 11
Vargan Orok (Ranger)
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Hedge wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:04 pm Collecting himself he raises his hands, "Easy ma'am. You can see I'm a Cyber Knight and my companion is obviously a Glitter Boy. We're travelling here cause we heard you might need help with some trouble. If that isn't the case we can ride on, but given you're pointing that pea shooter at us I'm thinking folks are a little edgy around here."
The woman goes slack jawed. “Well I’ll be... I ain’t never, I mean, I thought youse was another trick, but you’re real, ain’t ya?”

OOC: Her initial reaction was raised from uncooperative to cooperative.

She’s sucks at her teeth a minute. “Yeah, you might say we’ve had some trouble. Ya’ll come on down and we can talk about it.”

Dazzle

Post by Dazzle »

Notice 4
+2 sensor suite
Notice 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Wild 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Evening
Round 0

Dazzle eased Princess in as they approached the village. Her sensors tracked the woman approaching them with the laser rifle. She zoomed in a bit and noticed the bruising and injuries on the woman.

“That’s a Glitter Grrrl, thank you,” Dazzle corrected Hedge. “And we’d be happy to help, ma’am.”

Dazzle radioed back to the Mountaineer. “We’ve been invited into the village to talk about the troubles. So far so good. I’ll keep you patched into my comm so you can hear and chime in, if you need to.”

Current Loadout
Party Loot
TW Longsword
Vibro-knife x2
Laser pistol x2
Character Tracker
Dazzle Character Sheet
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Dazzle wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:30 am
Dazzle eased Princess in as they approached the village. Her sensors tracked the woman approaching them with the laser rifle. She zoomed in a bit and noticed the bruising and injuries on the woman.

“That’s a Glitter Grrrl, thank you,” Dazzle corrected Hedge. “And we’d be happy to help, ma’am.”
The woman smiles. "Well, I'll be. Ain't heard of many women piloting Glitter Boys, or Glitter Girls, or what have you. That's right nice."

She waits patiently where she is as the group approaches, and then waves you towards a ramshackle porch in front of one of the dwellings. As you approach, a half-dozen or so adults, all human, come out from their hiding spots and join you. They carry a variety of weaponry, most of it pre-Rifts style SD stuff, but one of them has what appears to be an ion blaster and a couple wear vibro-blades either strapped to the backs or on their hips. They approach warily, but without any overt hostility.

The woman offers you seats in mismatched bits of furniture and says, "My name is Ma Percon. Welcome to our home. How did y'all hear about us?"

Sis

Post by Sis »

"If we want to keep this simple, I'd suggest not mentioning the city full of magic users, mutants, and Dimensional beings...."

While they wait for the scene in town to unfold, Sis flips the switches to engage the long range sensor portion of the sensor suite.

With only a hint of sulk in her voice she addresses @Billy . "Tell me if you see anything on those displays. Don't want to be caught by surprise by whatever has been harassing this town"
Sis - Nega Psychic
Details
-1 for Fear Reroll

-1 armor
-1 smite

Active Powers:

Active Effects:

Notable Edges:

Notable Hindrances:
Storm Fouled Senses (Racial): Inclement weather (Sand Storms, Fires with lots of smoke) -2 to notice, fighting, shooting, etc

Update Signature
Falderol Grelemis

Billy lowers his binoculars. "Yea, looks like whatever was said they should get the skinny soon enough."
Dazzle wrote:“We’ve been invited into the village to talk about the troubles. So far so good. I’ll keep you patched into my comm so you can hear and chime in, if you need to.”
Billy snorts. "Unless it is really important I would not count on much of our input. That could drive things in a very wrong direction. But that is a good idea about watching the sensors." He looks at the controls with a bit of bewilderment. "I think I press that...."

Electronics: 1d4!-2: [4!, 1]-2 = 3
Wild: 1d6!-2: [3]-2 = 1

Reroll
Electronics: 1d4!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild: 1d6!-2: [6!, 5]-2 = 9

With a few buttons and knobs Billy gets a nice scan of the area. Looking both surprised and impressed he turns to Sis. "Hey! Look at tha... Oops, sorry. Nothing out there now but I should be able to tell if that changes." With a slight blush, that he is glad Sis cannot see, he turns back to the panel to keep watch.
Full Sheet
Vargan Orok

Post by Vargan Orok »

Pursuit wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:27 am The woman offers you seats in mismatched bits of furniture and says, "My name is Ma Percon. Welcome to our home. How did y'all hear about us?"
"Pleased to met you Ma," Hedge replies easily as he dismounts and takes a seat. "We work with an outfit called the Tomorrow Legion. They're always on the look out for news of people in need. Maybe you could tell us what's happening, you seem pretty spooked if you don't mind me saying. How come you thought we were a trick?"
Vargan Orok (Ranger)
Dazzle

Post by Dazzle »

Evening
Round 0

“Don’t worry,” Dazzle reassured Billy. “Only I will hear you.” She slipped an earpiece in her ear and then popped the hatch on her Glitter Grrl and disengaged her harness. She took off her helmet and shook out her long, pink hair before jumping down from the power armor in her pink and white combat suit. She took a deep breath and smiled at Ma Percon and the others. “Ah. Fresh air,” she said. “The name’s Dazzle,” she introduced herself, “and I don’t just pilot the fancy rig. I’m also a DJ.” She clapped her hands together and stretched her lithe body a bit, getting used to being out of the armor. “Like Hedge said, Tomorrow Legion, roving do-gooders, all that. Sometimes people call us to deal with trouble, other times we just stumble on it. We heard you had some, so thought we’d poke our noses in a bit.”

Current Loadout
Party Loot
TW Longsword
Vibro-knife x2
Laser pistol x2
Character Tracker
Dazzle Character Sheet
White Castle

Post by White Castle »

Castle arrived after the others, as he took an on foot approach. He kept a wary eye on the horizon, tracking the forest fires and on the "populace" of Ramshackle Town (he had honestly forgotten the name of this "place").

Notice 10; success, raise
OOC Comments
Notice 1d10!!+2: [8]+2 = 10 Wild 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
@Pursuit
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

@White Castle Sees scorch marks and hastily repaired bullet holes in some of the buildings. He does not see any kids or adolescents anywhere, which is odd for a homestead.

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Ma leans back in her chair a bit, watching @Dazzle and @Hedge. "Well, trouble we've got, and you all are certainly welcome. See, the thing is, folks have been seeing odd things around here of late. It started mostly at night, but now it's been happening in the daytime, too. Things that just ain't possible," she shudders. "Seems like everyone has seen something. I went to let the dog out last night and he was all turned inside out; no fur, no skin, just muscle and bone and blood leaking all over the floor. He cried and cried and cried, one of the saddest things I've ever heard, and then, just like that, he was fine. No howlin', no cryin', just standing at the door like usual, all his fur back on him and wagging his tail slow. Damndest thing I've ever seen."

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Back in the Mountaineer, @Billy and @Sis feel shivers go down their spines. Make Fear checks, please. Failure puts you on edge and leads to you temporarily suffer the effects of the Yellow Hindrance for twenty-four hours.

White Castle

Post by White Castle »

Pursuit wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:44 am White Castle Sees scorch marks and hastily repaired bullet holes in some of the buildings. He does not see any kids or adolescents anywhere, which is odd for a homestead.
@Pursuit

Castle says nothing but does stop suddenly. Using his field comp, he makes an attempt to cross reference and identify the homestead's location.

Maybe the past has some information on what is currently happening in the present.

This is one of those times he wished he could detect psychic or arcane power.

He also wonders if there might be a nexus nearby or a ley line.
Falderol Grelemis

Billy spends his time switching between using his binoculars to check on the "advance party" and checking the sensors. A sudden chill passes through him, and from appearances Sis as well, but it passes quickly. Not sure exactly what is happening he thinks it might be a good idea to let the rest of the crew know 'something' has changed.

"Guys, a presence just passed. Left a cold feeling in its wake. Just a heads up."

Brave: +2
Spirit: 1d10!+2: [9]+2 = 11
Wild: 1d6!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Full Sheet
Dazzle

Post by Dazzle »

Village outside Psyscape
Evening
Round 0

Dazzle stared at Ma as she told the story of the dog. “Inside...out? That’s...that’s terrible! And disgusting. I’m glad the doggie’s okay. Have there been any strange...energy surges or discharges nearby?” she asked. “Any ley lines around here?”

Current Loadout
Party Loot
TW Longsword
Vibro-knife x2
Laser pistol x2
Character Tracker
Dazzle Character Sheet
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Vincent stays with the Mountaineer, concerned that his prescence might upset the towns people. He leans against the vehicle catching some fresh air when blossom on the nape of his neck.
Successfull Fear Check, Detect Arcana 11

Spirit 1d8!!+1: [6]+1 = 7 +2 from Brave
Wild Die 1d6!!+1: [8!!]+1 = 9 +2 from Brave

Spellcasting 1d12!!: [11] = 11
Wild Die 1d6!!: [5] = 5
He mutters a curse in some language with very few vowels, and suddenly the mystical world reveals itself to him.
Vargan Orok

Post by Vargan Orok »

Hearing Billy's warning Hedge opens his mind eye's to watch for trouble. Activating his sword would cause too much alarm at this point, so instead he keeps an eye out - ready to react.

"Well ma'am, that is definitely strange. Maybe if we can talk to some other people about their experiences we can find a pattern. Maybe a special time of day when things happen or something like that."

Psionics 5, success. Detect Arcana
Psionics 1d8!! Wild 1d6!!: [5]+[1] = 6
Vargan Orok (Ranger)
Sis

Post by Sis »

Fear Check 14
Bonus: +8 from Nega Psychic, +2 from Brave
Spirit 1d10+10: [4]+10 = 14
Wild 1d6!+10: [1]+10 = 11
"Ask if anyone has been hurt, or if it has all just been creepy stuff like the dog. Anyone stand to benefit from everyone being scared out of their wits? Could just be someone with some abilities looking to profit from scared villagers."

Sis had just finished cleaning her revolver when she feels her aura disrupted by something Arcane.
Billy wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:58 am "Guys, a presence just passed. Left a cold feeling in its wake. Just a heads up."
"Yep, I felt to it too. Definitely something supernatural." Sis adds, as she
Detect arcrana - 5
1d8! 1d6!: [5]+[2] = 7
to the the colorful aura's given off by the supernatural.
Sis - Nega Psychic
Details
-1 for Fear Reroll

-1 armor
-1 smite

Active Powers:

Active Effects:

Notable Edges:

Notable Hindrances:

Update Signature
Vargan Orok

Post by Vargan Orok »

Sis wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:21 am "Ask if anyone has been hurt, or if it has all just been creepy stuff like the dog. Anyone stand to benefit from everyone being scared out of their wits? Could just be someone with some abilities looking to profit from scared villagers."
Hearing Sis in his ear Hedge furrows his brow as if something just occurred to him, "Ma'am, aside from strange things, has anyone been hurt? If people are in physical danger we may need to move a little quicker."
Vargan Orok (Ranger)
Dazzle

Post by Dazzle »

Village outside Psyscape
Evening
Round 0

“And any strangers come along besides us? Maybe asking for things?” Dazzle asked, based off of what Sis suggested. She glanced around when Billy mentioned a presence of some kind. She didn’t have arcane senses like the others. She edged slightly closer to Princess, just in case.

Current Loadout
Party Loot
TW Longsword
Vibro-knife x2
Laser pistol x2
Character Tracker
Dazzle Character Sheet
White Castle

Post by White Castle »

Sis wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:21 am
Fear Check 14
Bonus: +8 from Nega Psychic, +2 from Brave
Spirit 1d10+10: [4]+10 = 14
Wild 1d6!+10: [1]+10 = 11
"Ask if anyone has been hurt, or if it has all just been creepy stuff like the dog. Anyone stand to benefit from everyone being scared out of their wits? Could just be someone with some abilities looking to profit from scared villagers."

Sis had just finished cleaning her revolver when she feels her aura disrupted by something Arcane.
Billy wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:58 am "Guys, a presence just passed. Left a cold feeling in its wake. Just a heads up."
"Yep, I felt to it too. Definitely something supernatural." Sis adds, as she
Detect arcrana - 5
1d8!1d6!
to the the colorful aura's given off by the supernatural.
"Does not surprise me."

Gathering latitude and longitude and other coordinates, Castle
Academics 1d10!!+2: [2]+2 = 4 Wild 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Research 1d10!!+2: [4]+2 = 6 Wild 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
the 32nd's exact location in time, space, and history. Academics for historical and past events. Research for pinpointing the teams location.

"There has been some fighting here. The buildings all have patched holes from firearms exchange."

"The homesteaders here are all adults. No one younger than 21 years of age, earth years."
Squidge

Post by Squidge »

Squidge had been keeping her mouth shut and her presence unobtrusive, happy to let the cyberlnight and glittergirl do the talking this time. She knew very well how people with her powers could unsettle ordinary folks...and even though she wasn't wearing a name tag or anything, in her experience even ordinary conversations could have little traps and minefields in them. These people were so wary, it seemed best to let the 'heroes' have the spotlight.

And in the meantime it meant she could focus her efforts on something else entirely. From her spot lounging against the wall by the door, Squidge concentrated and 'listened' with subtle senses for disturbances in the local aura. Land wasn't so different from people sometimes, and supernatural creatures and events left marks on the aura of it. If something really was haunting these people, hopefully she'd be able to catch wind of it...

Rolls: Detect Arcana (exalted) 15
Detect Arcana (Exalted for extra details) 1d10!!: [9] = 9
Mind Melter Reroll 1d10!!: [15!!] = 15
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

To those at the Mountaineer who rolled detect arcana: @Sis can practically smell the stink of brimstone, and @Vincent clearly sees the telltale signs of infernal magic in the air. Neither Sis nor Vincent can tell from where the magic came or where it went; it seems recent (within the last day) and the whole area shows signs of it.

To those in town: @Hedge can see the after-images of some kind of magic almost everywhere he looks, but nothing seems to be actively casting right now. @Squidge, thanks to her innate familiarity with it, can see the telltale "residue" left behind by illusion magic everywhere she looks, though she sees no active illusions at the moment. Like Vincent and Sis, she also catches telltale traces of infernal magic, and the word "deevil" flashes in her mind.

Interestingly, both Hedge and Squidge notice minor psychic emanations coming off of Ma.

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

White Castle wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:47 am
"There has been some fighting here. The buildings all have patched holes from firearms exchange."

"The homesteaders here are all adults. No one younger than 21 years of age, earth years."
Ma narrows her eyes at @White Castle. "Yeah, we've had some troubles. Din't I just say that? Would you have your children out with supernatural things about?"

Squidge

Post by Squidge »

Squidge clicks her armor's communicator on and says quietly, "There's been illusion magic here. Like, all over the place. And I'm getting an impression, like 'devil' but more 'ee,' so...deevil?" She shakes her head. "I'm not really an expert on magic interdimensional creatures, but there's definitely something terrorizing people with illusions around here. Maybe more than one."
White Castle

Post by White Castle »

Castle cuts off team comms and goes to his suit's PA.

"This sort of reminds me of a Psi-Stalker I crossed paths with a few years back."

Castle goes quiet as he tries to remember the city.

"No matter. Anyway, this psi-stalker would use illusions to scare 'trespassers '. He was in league some psychic entities that fed off of fear. The psi-stalker had learned to do the same."

Making sure that he is facing Ma, "So why are you terrorizing these people?"
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

White Castle wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:58 pm
Making sure that he is facing Ma, "So why are you terrorizing these people?"
It takes Ma a moment to comprehend Castle’s meaning, and when she does, her face darkens like a thunderhead.

”How. Dare. You! I invited you in because you said you was here to help! Why would I terrorize people? How would I? I don’t know no magic!!”

With each word, she gets louder, and by the last word she’s on her feet and yelling at full volume.

The rest of the folks around her look visibly agitated.

OOC: Her level of cooperation has dropped from Cooperative to Uncooperative.

Squidge

Post by Squidge »

"Whoa, whoa," Squidge said, pushing off the wall to go over to Castle. "It's not her. There's something else haunting this area."

She pushed up the faceplate of her armor so Ma could see her properly. "I'm sorry. There's a lot of magic energy around here, like smoke after a fire. Castle's just confused. He didn't mean anything by it." Squidge shot Castle a look quickly, then bequeathed Ma her warmest, most apologetic smile.

"Is there someplace safe you can hole up for a little bit? Storm cellar or the like? This thing may get riled up once it knows we're tracking it, and you'd be safer somewhere out of the line of fire."
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

@Squidge Make a persuasion roll, please.

Squidge

Post by Squidge »

Rolls: Empathy 8, Persuasion 7
Empathy so she has a feel for how to appeal to Ma's better nature... 1d10!!: [3] = 3
Reroll 1d10!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8

Dang, thank you Wild dice.

Persuasion (+2 from Empathy with raise) 1d6!!+3: [4]+3 = 7
Wild 1d6!!+3: [3]+3 = 6
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Ma sits down, glaring at Castle all the while. ”Yeah, we got safe places. Course we do. You just keep that one,” she nods at Castle, ”outta my sight. No one talks like that here unless they’re prepared for trouble, and we got more’n enough of that as it is.”

OOC: She’s back to neutral.

White Castle

Post by White Castle »

"You were the one reading minds. Who was intruding where? We are here to help and you were withholding information and eavesdropping."

Persuasion 14 _
Persuasion 1d6!!: [14!!] = 14 Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Castle continues to survey the area, certain that the location is more important than the people in it.

"Ma, how long you and yours been homesteading here?"
Goswin Aigner

Post by Goswin Aigner »

Goswin waits patiently in the mountaineer while Sis and Billy keep watch and listen in on the introductions. The back and forth with this 'ma' bore him fast. He hops up to step towards the exit and says, "I don't think I'm needed here. I'm going to go look for a different set of locals. Call me if you need me, ok?"

Goswin steps down onto the earth and pauses a moment to orient himself with the flow of natural energies around him. He recalls what he knows about the area, not much, and fixes the best map data that was available for this region in his mind. Then he walks back into the wilderness
Survival 15 (Woodsman + Elan), -1 Benny
Survival 1d6!+2: [5]+2 = 7 Wild 1d6!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Survival Elan 1d6!+4: [6!, 5]+4 = 15 Wild Elan 1d6!+4: [1]+4 = 5
Goswin Aigner, Elemental Fusionist
Goswin, Elemental Fusionist
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 15(7)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • All Thumbs: –2 to use mechanical or electrical devices.
  • Elan: +2 when spending a Benny to reroll a Trait roll.
  • Elemental Brotherhood: See/converse with all elemental entities (including spirits of dark/light). Such beings see Goswin as a brother and will offer/request aid if needed.
  • Fusion Synergy: Powers activated using the fusion Trapping gain a free reroll on all related Trait checks. They also gain a +2 Toughness bonus to barrier, entangle, and protection.
  • Life Sign Harmony: Environmental protection makes him immune to all negative effects or damage from his life sign, and elemental manipulation Trait checks are made at +4 when using his life sign's Trappings.
  • Marksman: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed; or add +1 to first Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll. Character may not move or fire greater than RoF 1.
  • Primordial Bond: While in nature, Fusionists have Danger Sense.
    • Danger Sense: Notice roll at +2 to sense ambushes or similar events.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to resist Smarts or Spirit-based Tests.
  • Variable Trappings: When activating powers, may choose between Air, Earth and Lightning Fusion trappings.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; PP: 0/30; PP: 20/20
Bennies: 4/3; Conviction: 1/1
Edit Signature
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

White Castle wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:40 am "You were the one reading minds. Who was intruding where? We are here to help and you were withholding information and eavesdropping."

Persuasion 14 _
Persuasion 1d6!!: [14!!] = 14 Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Castle continues to survey the area, certain that the location is more important than the people in it.

"Ma, how long you and yours been homesteading here?"
"You must be outside your damned mind if you think I'm talkin' to you! Din't I just say that? Din't I?! And how would I be reading anybody's head, huh? I ain't no freak!"

Ma is visibly upset at Castle and, though she may be cooperative with others in the group, she is now hostile towards him.

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Goswin Aigner wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:24 am Goswin waits patiently in the mountaineer while Sis and Billy keep watch and listen in on the introductions. The back and forth with this 'ma' bore him fast. He hops up to step towards the exit and says, "I don't think I'm needed here. I'm going to go look for a different set of locals. Call me if you need me, ok?"

Goswin steps down onto the earth and pauses a moment to orient himself with the flow of natural energies around him. He recalls what he knows about the area, not much, and fixes the best map data that was available for this region in his mind. Then he walks back into the wilderness
Survival 15 (Woodsman + Elan), -1 Benny
Survival 1d6!+2: [5]+2 = 7 Wild 1d6!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Survival Elan 1d6!+4: [6!, 5]+4 = 15 Wild Elan 1d6!+4: [1]+4 = 5
It takes Goswin perhaps 30 minutes or so before he feels the telltale signs that an elemental is nearby, and another fifteen to pinpoint and seek the elemental out.

He finds an earth elemental, seemingly asleep under a tree, a content look on its "face."

What does Goswin want to do next?

White Castle

Post by White Castle »

Castle knows there is more going on here, but Ma isn't going to be helpful, at least to him.

He climbs back onto his hovercycle and begins making a survey of the area. In a slow and deliberate manner, Castle makes a counter-clockwise spiral out and away from the village. He continues the sensor sweeps as well as probing the darkness for the normal and abnormal.
Vargan Orok

Post by Vargan Orok »

Hedge shakes his head as Castle takes off, that was damn odd. Seeing Ma upset he tries to redirect things, "Don't mind him ma'am. Looks like the strangeness here may be getting to him too. Best we figure it out quick and set everyone right. Can we get a run down of who has had these experiences maybe we can figure out how they started."
Vargan Orok (Ranger)
Goswin Aigner

Post by Goswin Aigner »

The elemental might not respond kindly to being interrupted unexpectedly, even by Goswin. Instead, the young man stops a respectful distance away. He crouches down to place a hand on the ground and
Elemental Control (Elemental Manipulation; -1 PP) +One with the Elements (-1 PP)
Focus 1d12!: [10] = 10 Wild 1d6!: [2] = 2
to send gentle pulses through the earth to the elemental. It's the sort of greeting that would get an elemental's attention and let him know its a friendly visit.

The elemental rouses itself and approaches Goswin who greets it, "Good afternoon, brother. I'm sorry I had to interrupt your rest, but I need your help if you can give it."

Goswin uses his influence over the elements to make small models of the potential threats and their numbers. It's a demonstration easier for an elemental to understand than words alone. When that's done he lets the models collapse inert back to the ground.

Satisfied that the elemental understand as best as it can,
Persuasion 1d10!: [10!, 10!, 8] = 28 Wild 2 1d6!: [4] = 4
, "Can you keep watch for us, brother? If anyone that matches this description, or a large number of individuals, approaches the settlement, inform my allies or myself as quickly as possible. If you have any brothers or cousins that are willing to help, all that I ask is for advance warning. We could use help if it comes to blows, but I won't ask you to endanger yourself in our fight."
  • Elemental Brotherhood: See/converse with all elemental entities (including spirits of dark/light). Such beings see Goswin as a brother and will offer/request aid if needed.
  • Fusion Synergy: Powers activated using the fusion Trapping gain a free reroll on all related Trait checks. They also gain a +2 Toughness bonus to barrier, entangle, and protection.
  • Life Sign Harmony: Environmental protection makes him immune to all negative effects or damage from his life sign, and elemental manipulation Trait checks are made at +4 when using his life sign's Trappings.
  • Marksman: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed; or add +1 to first Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll. Character may not move or fire greater than RoF 1.
  • Variable Trappings: When activating powers, may choose between Air, Earth and Lightning Fusion trappings.
Edit Signature
Dazzle

Post by Dazzle »

Village near Psyscape
Evening
Round 0

“Smooth…” Dazzle said, shaking her head at White Castle. Probably best if he went off on his own, cooled his head.

“Apologies, Ma,” she said. “We have a few magical experts,” she nodded to Hedge and Squidge, “and we’ll let them sniff around town a bit, see what they can’t find. We have a team working the perimeter, too,”she said, not wanting anyone to get jumpy about the Mountaineer. “Is everyone in town accounted for?” she asked. “Anyone missing, or...otherwise out of town?”

Dazzle looked to Hedge and Squidge. “I’ll post up here in the center of town, near the townsfolk to keep them safe. I don’t think I’ll be any help tracking down magic, but I’ll stay close enough to come running as backup if you find something, and play liaison if Ma and her folk have any more information, or if you guys have questions. I’ll run some sensor scans of town, too.”

Current Loadout
Party Loot
TW Longsword
Vibro-knife x2
Laser pistol x2
Character Tracker
Dazzle Character Sheet
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

The elemental beams with happiness at how @Goswin Aigner treats them and is genuinely pleased to have Goswin in their valley.

Goswin gets the feeling that, yes, there are plenty of other earth elementals in the area, and they will keep an eye out for him, so to speak.

With a persuasion roll that high, the elemental will also offer to aid you however else it can, short of entering combat.

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Dazzle wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:49 am
“Apologies, Ma,” she said. “We have a few magical experts,” she nodded to Hedge and Squidge, “and we’ll let them sniff around town a bit, see what they can’t find. We have a team working the perimeter, too,”she said, not wanting anyone to get jumpy about the Mountaineer. “Is everyone in town accounted for?” she asked. “Anyone missing, or...otherwise out of town?”

Dazzle looked to Hedge and Squidge. “I’ll post up here in the center of town, near the townsfolk to keep them safe. I don’t think I’ll be any help tracking down magic, but I’ll stay close enough to come running as backup if you find something, and play liaison if Ma and her folk have any more information, or if you guys have questions. I’ll run some sensor scans of town, too.”
Ma appears visibly relieved that Dazzle, and Dazzle's legendary suit of armor, will be staying close by.

"Everyone's accounted for, except for ol Bert, who died last week in his sleep. We buried him under a tree over on the far side of the city, which is where we figure the best place for a cemetery could be out here."

Dazzle

Post by Dazzle »

Village near Psyscape
Evening
Round 0

Dazzle considered Ma’s word. “And he stayed dead?” she asked. “I’ve seen some weird caca -- pardon my French,” she said. “Not meaning to offend or anything. Just trying to spitball here. Maybe you should check out the cemetery,” she suggested to the others.

Current Loadout
Party Loot
TW Longsword
Vibro-knife x2
Laser pistol x2
Character Tracker
Dazzle Character Sheet
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Dazzle wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:33 am Village near Psyscape
Evening
Round 0

Dazzle considered Ma’s word. “And he stayed dead?” she asked. “I’ve seen some weird caca -- pardon my French,” she said. “Not meaning to offend or anything. Just trying to spitball here. Maybe you should check out the cemetery,” she suggested to the others.

Current Loadout
Party Loot
TW Longsword
Vibro-knife x2
Laser pistol x2
Character Tracker
Dazzle Character Sheet
She rolls her tongue around in her mouth. "Well, far as I know, he's still in the ground. You are welcome to go and check, if you'd like." And with that, she points you over to the tree.

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Hedge wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:40 am Hedge shakes his head as Castle takes off, that was damn odd. Seeing Ma upset he tries to redirect things, "Don't mind him ma'am. Looks like the strangeness here may be getting to him too. Best we figure it out quick and set everyone right. Can we get a run down of who has had these experiences maybe we can figure out how they started."
"Well, beggin' your pardon, Sir Knight, it's all of us. Everyone her ein town has seen something at least weird, if not outright horrifying. Some folks say this valley is cursed, but we've lived here a few years now and never run into something like this."

Vargan Orok

Post by Vargan Orok »

Everyone?

Hedge raises an eyebrow at the information.

"Okay then." He gestures back to the Mountaineer, "We have some friends with us who aren't humans but have special abilities in this area, I can vouch for them, but don't want any trouble."

With the why can't we all get along out of the way Hedge radios the rest of the group.

"Well gang, looks like we got a mystery on our hands."
Vargan Orok (Ranger)
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

The 32nd's efforts and investigations have taken up much of the day. Once the people of Sapien Valley are accustomed to their presence, children come out from cellars and other safeholds. Ma is visibly shaken at the suggestion that she let magic users into her town, and rather than saying anything else just huffs and waves the team off, leaving her porch (and leaving the interpretation of her actions up in the air).

Night is going to fall soon. What would you like to do? Where are you bedding down? Are you setting watches and, if so, who has which watch?

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

OOC Comments
Occult 1d10+2!!: [4]+2 = 6
Wild Die 1d6+2!!: [4]+2 = 6
Never one to shy away from a mystery, Vincent slinks about the small town under the pretense of going for a walk. He uses his knowledge of the occult to see if anything seems out of place, and if so, if it fits a supernatural context.
White Castle

Post by White Castle »

Castle follows @Vincent's lead
Occult 1d10!!+2: [6]+2 = 8 Wild 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
while cycling around.

@Hedge "Hedge. What are we planning?"

Castle maybe far enough out that he can check on the buried man under a tree. Still waiting for instructions.
Dazzle

Post by Dazzle »

Networking 8
+1 Glitter Grrl!!!, +2 Very Attractive, +1 Fame, -1 Minor Mania
Persuasion 1d6!!+3: [3]+3 = 6
Wild 1d6!!+3: [5]+3 = 8
Notice 7
+2 Armor
Notice 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Wild 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Village near Psyscape
Evening
Round 0

Dazzle moved her Glitter Grrl!!! to the center of town and parked it, as she’d promised. She suggested to Hedge they do the same with the Mountaineer. She could sleep in her armor, if needed, and the others could sleep in the Mountaineer.

“Unless you want me to ask around, see if anyone will lend us a barn or whatever.” She didn’t want to risk spooking the village with the team’s non-humans and magic users.

“I can take first watch, if you like,” Dazzle offered.

Current Loadout
Party Loot
TW Longsword
Vibro-knife x2
Laser pistol x2
Character Tracker
Dazzle Character Sheet
Falderol Grelemis

Seeing that the group is invited into the town proper, in spite of Castle's 'help', Billy slowly drives the Mountaineer towards the center of town. He keeps it really slow, a normal person could walk faster, and watches for anyone stepping in front of the vehicle. Last thing I need is to hit someone in a humanist town. Been awhile since my last lynching and I was not on the receiving end of that one.

Reaching the center of town Billy sees the Glitter Grrl!!! already stationed and decides to park, several yards, behind it. "That thing is dangerous as hell to anything in front of it so we can protect its rear from here. Also, we are far enough away that if that gun gets fired we should be safe from the concussion" he says to no one in particular. Looking out through the window he lets out a low grunt. "I think I am just going to say in the truck unless something happens and I need to get out. Not that I don't trust these people but... I am not sure I trust these people."

With that Billy lays some of the seats flat and starts to arrange a bed of sorts.
Full Sheet
Goswin Aigner

Post by Goswin Aigner »

Goswin thanks the elemental for its help. He points out that if it wants to help in the fight, that he could borrow its energy if it is nearby. He bids the elemental farewell then heads back to town to find his friends.

The mountaineer is right where they left it, so Goswin climbs in and pushes what he is pretty sure is the comms button and says, "I found some locals to help us out. They should give us advance warning if the bad guys show up. Be on the look out for any kind of elemental disturbances...or just elementals in general. I can see and understand them, but I'm not sure about anyone else."
Edit Signature
Vargan Orok

Post by Vargan Orok »

Dazzle wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:51 am
“Unless you want me to ask around, see if anyone will lend us a barn or whatever.” She didn’t want to risk spooking the village with the team’s non-humans and magic users.

“I can take first watch, if you like,” Dazzle offered.
"Yeah first watch from one of us is a good idea. I think sticking to the Mountaineer is wise. It's easy to lock down. Between skittery villagers and whatever is going on we should stick close."

As darkness approaches Hedge tethers Strider and looks for some feed. After his horse is cared for the Cyberknight decides to check out what passes for night life, mostly to see if anyone has a different tale to tell than the narrative Ma gave them.
Vargan Orok (Ranger)
White Castle

Post by White Castle »

If the information and location on the dead villager is passed along then, Castle follows up on whether the man is actually dead.

Taking some time as the sun has set, he finds an open area and has the hovercycle lift into the air so that he can survey the surroundings. Possibly track down ley lines or other anomalies.
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Vincent and White Castle come across a few sets of odd-looking, goatlike hoofprints around the edges of town, and not much else.

Castle is able to find the location of the grave Ma Percon mentioned. It certainly looks like a gravesite to Castle; is he planning to do anything else?

With the Mountaineer and Glitter Grrl set up in the center of town, both Hedge and Dazzle hit the town's night life, such as it is.

You don't find much of anything going on. A few families are sitting outside their homes chatting, and their stories align with the important details of what you've already heard.

Passing the Night
Each of you who is taking a watch, assume you will be on watch for about two hours.

Anyone who takes a watch, please make a Notice roll and include any potentially relevant modifiers (bonuses for Alertness, Danger Sense, etc.) If you will be using electronics to scan for visual or audio signs of trouble (toggling between thermal, night vision, long-range audio scanners, etc.) please include an Electronics roll. If you will be using powers to augment your watch (via darkvision, detect Arcana, or otherwise), please include an arcane skill roll and deduct 3d4 power points. If your character has a potentially applicable framework or racial feature, like a Psi-Stalker's always-on ability to detect Arcana with a Notice roll, please make sure to include that in your narrative.

Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8!!: [1] = 1
Notice Wild DIe 1d6!!: [1] = 1

Detect Arcana 1d12!!: [2] = 2
Detect Arcana Wild Die 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Power Points spent 3d4: [4, 4, 3] = 11
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

GM Update: If you are a psychic, you may use the mechanic for a meditation to extend the length of your detect arcana instead of the mechanics I described above. Once you pick one, you may not do the other, however.

Vargan Orok

Post by Vargan Orok »

After finding little in the town Hedge settles in for the evening in the cargo area of the Mountaineer asking whoever is assigned watch before him to wake him a half hour before watch begins. When he wakes he gathers himself together and begins to meditate. A lot has happened in the last little while, his mind is at serious unease and this situation has him concerned he will go over the edge completely. Relaxing his breathing he remember his training, from his youth spent in Psycape to his Cyber Knight training he has harnessed psychic power his whole life. He draws forth the mental acuity necessary to see what others cannot, to open his mind's eye widely, and have the necessary awareness to see this night through.
Meditation to extend Dectect Arcana from 5 rounds to 5 hours
3 Rounds, Psionics-2

Psionics
4, success Round 1 1d8!!-2 1d6!!-2: [6]-2+[3]-2 = 5
7, success Round 2 1d8!!-2 1d6!!-2: [9!!]-2+[3]-2 = 8
5, success Round 3 1d8!!-2 1d6!!-2: [7]-2+[4]-2 = 7
After about thirty minutes Hedge eyes open. He inhales quickly as the supernatural world is revealed all around him. He sees with his normal sight, but also sees all the lingering mystical energies around him. Squidge glows like a beacon even in her sleep. Sis is evident by the intense nothingness surrounding her. Gaining his orientation he heads into the night and takes his watch.

"You are relieved."

Psionics 1d8!! 1d6!!: [7]+[7!!] = 14

Notice 1d6!! 1d6!!: [5]+[5] = 10
Vargan Orok (Ranger)
Dazzle

Post by Dazzle »

Notice 4; Electronics 5
+2 armor
Notice 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Wild 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Electronics 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Village near Psyscape
Night
Round 0

Dazzle yawned and sat up and stretched in the Mountaineer as her alarm went off. She brushed her hands through her pink hair to brush out any tangles, then took a moment to run to the privy before she relieved Hedge.

“Anything happening?” she asked. She climbed into her power armor and settled in, closing the canopy. She turned on some light music, down low, and then adjusted and tuned her sensors, but also kept her eyes open, occasionally going walkabout around town as quietly as she could.

Current Loadout
Party Loot
TW Longsword
Vibro-knife x2
Laser pistol x2
Character Tracker
Dazzle Character Sheet
Bennies: 4/3
Falderol Grelemis

When everyone starts heading back to 'camp' Billy decides that it may be safe to get out of the mountaineer. He takes first watch as he needs to spend a little time out side or lose his mind. He climbs up to the top of the vehicle and uses the height to get a better view. He spends a little time thinking abut his own prejudice and how it has affected his reaction to this situation. Realizing watching from one point is not going to really 'save the town' he climbs down and does a serious patrol.

After his watch time has passed he returns to camp and wakes the next person.

Danger Sense +2
Notice: 1d8!: [3] = 3
Wild: 1d6!: [3] = 3
Full Sheet
Sis

Post by Sis »

Sis wakes for the third watch. She intentionally volunteered for the one least likely to have any townfolk awake during.

Pistol in hand Sis salutes Dazzle as she saunters into the street, immediately heading out on patrol. None of their intel so far indicates anything dangerous, just weird, so Sis figures getting around to not miss anything is more important than staying safe by bunkering down.

So Sis wanders the town at a brisk pace, occasionally activating her aura sense (detect arcana). She probably wanders a little closer than she should, occasionally - and only faintly trying to be discrete about it - looking through windows to see if anything seems unusual.

As she nears the end of her watch (if nothing happens) she starts to get bored. As she walks the last circuit, she throws some null energy (dispel) at just about anything she sees that has a strong arcane residue that seems to permeate the town.

Natural Healing roll 10
Vigor 1d8! 1d6!: [5]+[6!, 4] = 15
Total - 10 - Wound recovered
Notice 11
Alertness +2
1d6!! 1d6!!: [4]+[9!!] = 13
Total: 9+2 = 11
Detect Arcana and Dispels 4
1d8! 1d6!: [4]+[1] = 5
Total: 4

powerpoints: 3d4: [2, 3, 4] = 9
Sis - Nega Psychic
Details
-1 for Fear Reroll

-1 armor
-1 smite

Active Powers:

Active Effects:

Notable Edges:

Notable Hindrances:

Update Signature
White Castle

Post by White Castle »

Pursuit wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:12 am Vincent and White Castle come across a few sets of odd-looking, goatlike hoofprints around the edges of town, and not much else.

Castle is able to find the location of the grave Ma Percon mentioned. It certainly looks like a gravesite to Castle; is he planning to do anything else?

With the Mountaineer and Glitter Grrl set up in the center of town, both Hedge and Dazzle hit the town's night life, such as it is.

You don't find much of anything going on. A few families are sitting outside their homes chatting, and their stories align with the important details of what you've already heard.

Passing the Night
Each of you who is taking a watch, assume you will be on watch for about two hours.

Anyone who takes a watch, please make a Notice roll and include any potentially relevant modifiers (bonuses for Alertness, Danger Sense, etc.) If you will be using electronics to scan for visual or audio signs of trouble (toggling between thermal, night vision, long-range audio scanners, etc.) please include an Electronics roll. If you will be using powers to augment your watch (via darkvision, detect Arcana, or otherwise), please include an arcane skill roll and deduct 3d4 power points. If your character has a potentially applicable framework or racial feature, like a Psi-Stalker's always-on ability to detect Arcana with a Notice roll, please make sure to include that in your narrative.
Still on his hovercycle, Castle angles the light from the hovercycle so he can survey the ground. When he has gathered what details he can from his current vantage point, he drops the hovercycle to the ground a afew feet from the grave and walks cautiously to it to investigate.

Notice 7
Notice 1d10!! +2: [7] = 7
Wild 1d6!! +2: [2] = 2
Squidge

Post by Squidge »

Squidge took a shift as well, parking herself on the roof of the old structure after looking for some high ground. A rickety structure as it was, even her relatively unassuming weight might have been a problem...had she not been able to simply remove her weight from the equation entirely.

Perched there she swept the gloom with her eyes, but was paying far more attention to subtler senses. The Psi-Ghosts had survived for generations by honing their innate psychic senses to be sensitive to even the minute psychic energy present in anything living. If something stepped within range of her powers, Squidge would feel it, even if she was looking in the wrong direction entirely.

Rolls: Notice 7, Psionics (Detect Arcana/Presence Sense) 7, ISP spent 7
Notice + Detect Arcana...note that Psi-Ghosts use Presence Sense on any use of Detect Arcana at no additional cost, and it is an innate (if not free) power for Mind Melters.

Notice 1d8!!: [7] = 7 Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Psionics 1d10!!: [6] = 6 Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3 Psionics reroll 1d10!!: [7] = 7 Wild reroll 1d6!!: [2] = 2
ISP 3d4: [2, 3, 2] = 7
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

The Night Watch

Vincent passes his watch without incident and he happily trades places with Hedge when his turn is up.

Hedge, during his watch, doesn't see anything of note, but he could swear he could see something flitting on the edge of his vision. Nothing solid materializes, though, and his watch passes without incident, too.

Dazzle, for her part, doesn't see anything on any of her sensors and is confident nothing bothers the party

Billie, like hedge, is bothered by something just out of view, but he can't make anything out. Castle has the same experience. Something out here is unsettling, to be sure, but no enemies reveal themselves.

Squidge, on her watch, catches a whiff of brimstone and her senses go on high alert, but nothing else happens. Maybe it was just the scent of the forest fire they had passed through earlier?

But Sis... Sis knows something is amiss. She's too well trained, and her psychic senses are too acute to miss the thing that hunts the party from the darkness.

Hoofbeats approach the party from all directions, and any efforts at subterfuge are discarded. A horde of creatures appears from behind houses, on rooftops, or, from Sis' perspective, the middle of the road where they enter her radar. One of them lets out a shout and the entire group breaks out into a gallop, charging the heroes!

A Rough Wakeup!

Mechanically, the bad guys have the Drop on anyone who did not make their Notice roll (Vincent and Goswin). In addition, Vincent is Distracted this round for his crit fail; @Vincent, please include a line about what was so distracting that you didn't see these things coming. Or, if you think something else fits better than Distracted, run with it. Do a good job narrating your failure and you get a Bennie!

Everyone who made their Notice roll and a detect arcana or Electronics roll may add a +1 to all of their Trait rolls in the first round of combat.
  • Bad Guys: 5 of Clubs
  • Hedge: 8 of Diamonds
  • Sis: 10 of Spades
  • Squidge: Jack of Spades
  • Castle: 7 of Clubs
  • Billy: Ace of Diamonds (initial draw was a 3 of Diamonds, redraw from Quick)
  • Dazzle: 6 of Diamonds
  • Goswin: 4 of Diamonds
  • Vincent: 9 of Spades
Everyone except Goswin may go before the bad guys, in whatever order you guys choose. Once you've all had a chance to go, I will do one post for all the baddies, and then Goswin will get a turn.

Please log on to Roll 20 to see the map and to move your tokens as appropriate during the combat. If you have any questions, please ask on Discord.

Good luck!

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Vincent nods to Hedge as he's relieved from duty, surprisingly tired from the days events. Once he falls asleep he begins to dream.

He sees the goat foot prints again and follows them. The prints lead to a large stone tower which Vincent begins to scale. He makes it up about halfway when suddenly he smells it. Blood, fear, sweat... he goes to put his hand into the next crevice and it peels apart, revealing a large eyeball. He loses his grip and falls, right before he hits the ground, he wakes up.

Vincent wakes up in a cold terror, gasping for breathe. He sees the others moving around him and doesn't even bother getting into his armor before he pops up. His spirit bow is already in hand in an iron clad grip. He pulls back where the string should be and fires a white hot bolt upon the nearest goatman, hitting them square in the chest.
21 Damage AP 12
Shooting 1d8!!-2: [7]-2 = 5
Shooting Wild Die 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2

Damage 5d6!! AP 12: [1, 2, 10!!, 5, 3] = 21
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Vincent catches the goat-legged, horned creature with the full force of his Spirit Bow, disintegrating its top half and leaving only the abdomen and legs, which take another two steps before falling over and kicking in a most unnerving way.

Take a Benny for your narrative.

Dazzle

Post by Dazzle »

Shooting O23 5; Damage 26 AP25 MD
-2 MAP, +1 from readiness, +1 boom gun
Shooting 1d8!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Damage 5d10!!+5: [9, 3, 4, 2, 3]+5 = 26
Village near Psyscape
Night
Round 1

Dazzle was awakened by a proximity alert from her sensors. She jerked upright inside of her Glitter Grrrl!!! armor and rubbed her eyes, seeing...goat men? She started punching buttons, powering up her armor. She smiled as she noted that no one was in the boom radius of her boom gun, so she triggered the suit’s stabilizers and dug in, listening to the whine of her boom gun powering up. Then she took aim and fired at the nearest goat man.

Dug in: Can’t move, can only shoot 180 degrees, attack rolls at +2 against her
Current Loadout
Party Loot
TW Longsword
Vibro-knife x2
Laser pistol x2
Character Tracker
Dazzle Character Sheet
Boom Gun: 99/100; 2 reloads (100 each)
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

The creature @Dazzle targeted turns into so much red mist and chunks of meat, completely obliterated by the power of the Boom Gun. Unfortunately, the wall of the building behind the goat man is similarly affected, as the shot rips right through the building!

@Dazzle, please make a Notice roll, adding in the bonus from your armor.

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

GM Supplementary Notes on the Scene: Any of the critters on a building should be understood to be on the roof of that building, not inside of it.

Also, anyone who wishes may make an Occult roll to learn more about these beasties.

@Squidge knows exactly how many of them there are as well as their relative locations, regardless of line of sight.

Falderol Grelemis

Smite: -2 MAP = 6 success +2 damage
Psionics: 1d10!: [4] = 4
Wild: 1d6!: [3] = 3
Reroll
Psionics: 1d10!: [8] = 8
Wild: 1d6!: [1] = 1

Shooting: -2 MAP, +1 Trademark, -4 head shot (ignored via Sharpshooting) (net -1) = 7 success
Shooting: 1d8!: [3] = 3
Wild: 1d6!: [4] = 4
Reroll: +2 from HJ Trademark Weapon (new net +1)
Shooting: 1d8!: [6] = 6
1d6!: [1] = 1

Damage: 2d6+1, +1d from Psy-Slinger Smite, +2 smite, +4 head shot = 20, AP 1
3d6!+7: [1, 2, 4]+7 = 14
Reroll:
3d6!+7: [3, 5, 5]+7 = 20

Billy hears Vincent shout a warning quickly followed by the distinctive sound of a boom gun. Throwing open the rear of the Mountaineer and rolling out he spots a figure on top of a nearby building. You are too close to that horse. Say good bye. As he rolls up to a kneeling position a couple of runes on his peacekeeper glow and Billy pulls the trigger. The shot flies true and strikes the creature right between the eyes. He then scans the area and realizes there are more, a lot more.
Full Sheet
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

The creature crumples and its body slides partially off the roof, its torso and ruined, horned head dangling over the edge and bleeding in a steady line of gore onto the ground.

White Castle

Post by White Castle »

His shift with Vincent, was quiet. Castle swears up and down, to himself of course, that the troubles here have something to do with Ma.

Castle is stirred from sleep by a shout. Definetly brought awake by the boom gun and he finds his attention focused on @Billy's precise shooting.

In the early morning light,
Occult 1d10!!+2: [33!!]+2 = 35 Wild 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
at what is out there until he reaches his hovercycle.

Powering on the hovercycle he uses the PA system to instruct the now wakened residents. "Good morning lovely citizens. We would kindly ask you to stay as low to the floor as possible and please do not exit your homes."

He hops on the hovercycle and takes his ride straight up in the air, just high enough to clear the head of the glitter girl, for the best view for spotting. He does consider using a laser pointer or a spray can from a previous excursion to literally paint targets for the team.
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

@White Castle Easily recognizes these creatures as Deevils and knows everything there is to know about them. He knows they are the footsoldiers of the demonic realm of Dyval and that they are notorious for their treachery and proficiency at tempting others into evil. They have some limited magical abilities, mostly centering on the use of fire and curses, and that they are able to go invisible (as the power) at will.

He also knows that Deevils can regenerate wounds caused by almost anything other than silver or holy weapons or magic, albeit very slowly. It is not uncommon for a Deevil to be "dead" for days or even months before managing to pull itself back together.

Mechanically, Castle is familiar with the creatures' stat block on page 176 of Acrana & Mysticism and can share whatever additional information he'd like with the group. :)

Castle, please make a persuasion or performance check at +1 to convince the people to duck and cover. And take a Benny for being a hero and thinking of the collateral damage first.

White Castle

Post by White Castle »

Pursuit wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:37 pm @White Castle Easily recognizes these creatures as Deevils and knows everything there is to know about them. He knows they are the footsoldiers of the demonic realm of Dyval and that they are notorious for their treachery and proficiency at tempting others into evil. They have some limited magical abilities, mostly centering on the use of fire and curses, and that they are able to go invisible (as the power) at will.

He also knows that Deevils can regenerate wounds caused by almost anything other than silver or holy weapons or magic, albeit very slowly. It is not uncommon for a Deevil to be "dead" for days or even months before managing to pull itself back together.

Mechanically, Castle is familiar with the creatures' stat block on page 176 of Acrana & Mysticism and can share whatever additional information he'd like with the group. :)

Castle, please make a persuasion or performance check at +1 to convince the people to duck and cover. And take a Benny for being a hero and thinking of the collateral damage first.
Persuasion 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1

Over the comms, no one can hear him shake his head. Deciding to air on the side humor he pitches the information to the team as if he were calling a Murderthon.

"It is a grand spactacular day and the field is white and already getting messy."

"Dyval has sent out their basic foot soldiers, the Deevil." Pausing he does a rough visible count.

"Would say a couple of sizeable squads. Maybe twenty at best."

"Our fearless defenders have taken their first shots and are just waking up."
Falderol Grelemis

White Castle wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:50 pm"It is a grand spactacular day and the field is white and already getting messy."

"Dyval has sent out their basic foot soldiers, the Deevil." Pausing he does a rough visible count.

"Would say a couple of sizeable squads. Maybe twenty at best."

"Our fearless defenders have taken their first shots and are just waking up."
It takes Billy a second to realize what he is hearing is not someone having turned on a radio or television but @Castle talking. He takes another moment to absorb what was said. More strange creatures from other realms. Sometimes I wish I was back on my pa's farm. I bet I would have lived longer even if I did die of boredom like I kept claiming.
Full Sheet
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

You can see some windows open and then hurriedly close. One family runs out their front door, parents armed with pre-rifts style SD rifles, and then makes for the cellar, quick as can be. If you could hear it over the sound of battle, you would hear doors locking throughout the little town.

Sis

Post by Sis »

As soon as she picks up on the whiffs of demonic presence, Sis runs back to the Mountaineer, shouting a warning to the other.

"It's Demon's. Get ready!"

She climbs up on the roof of the ATV and 'looks' around, surveying the area. A smile creeps across her lips as she looks at the Deevil at J1.

"Goat men? That's what has everyone here so scared? And I thought this was going to be hard"

Taunt Test 12 (Distracted)
Taunt 1d8-2 1d6-2: [6]-2+[6]-2 = 8
Forgot exploding dice: 1d6!: [6!, 2] = 8
Note, Sis has the "Provoke" Edge: On a Taunt Raise, -2 to attack anyone but Taunter until Joker is rolled

As she speaks she reaches behind her without her hand and, without turning, fires a blast of Null energy at the Deevil at Y9.

Banish 12
Psionics 1d8-2 1d6-2: [2]-2+[6]-2 = 4
Forgot exploding dice: 1d6!: [6!, 2] = 8

-3PPE
Dice rolls
1d8-2 1d6-2: [3]-2+[1]-2 = 0
Sis - Nega Psychic
Details
-1 for Fear Reroll

-1 armor
-1 smite

Active Powers:

Active Effects:

Notable Edges:

Notable Hindrances:

Update Signature
Dazzle

Post by Dazzle »

Notice 9
+2 Armor
Notice 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Wild 1d6+2: [6]+2 = 8
Ace 1d6!!+8: [1]+8 = 9
Occult 2
Occult 1d4!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Village near Psyscape
Night
Round 1

Dazzle winced a bit as her shot slammed right through the building behind the goat man. “Sorry! My bad!” she called out over her comms. She didn’t know what these things were, but they seemed to eat a boom gun round just fine. Then Castle came on. Deevils, huh. Kind of a stupid name. Like weevils. They still went splat when she shot them, at least.

Current Loadout
Party Loot
TW Longsword
Vibro-knife x2
Laser pistol x2
Character Tracker
Dazzle Character Sheet
Squidge

Post by Squidge »

Surrounded. This wasn't how Squidge preferred to do business. Ideally, she could be little-seen, never heard...doing her thing with no one the wiser. She had limited options for crowd control, and the ones she had were draining and tended to be more delaying actions so she could escape.

Still, from the rooftop she had a pretty good tactical assessment. The creatures were attacking from all sides, but there were MORE of them coming from the south. The team needed to regroup, secure their flanks, and meet the southern army with overwhelming force.

She squinted a little at the creatures coming down on the main body of the team from the north; they weren't the most immediately dangerous for her personally...but they'd be the biggest distractions for the team as a whole. If they were out of the picture, the others could focus on the ones threatening her, and then they'd all be free to turn south.

Yeah.

So Squidge ran to the edge of the roof she was perched on, getting just close enough to send her mind to those three creatures. Affecting so many at once wasn't easy...it took a lot out of her...but the results were suitably impressive.

The three 'deevils' witnessed a miracle. A shaft of golden-white radiance descended from on high onto the blue rooftop behind the team, and manifested into a gold-skinned humanoid in radiant silver armor, bearing a sword of flame. The angelic being emitted a clarion battle cry and smote the deevil that dared share the roof with it!

Surely, whatever priority those three had now, dealing with this threat would take precedence.

Meanwhile, Squidge phased down through the house and sprinted to join the team...remaining an insubstantial form for the moment to try to protect herself against the attacks of the remaining monsters.

"Dazzle," she called over the communicators, "Fall back to our position...there's too many coming from that direction, they'll swarm you!"

(RP note - no one sees the 'angel' but those three deevils...anything they do, they will seem to be reacting to nothing; including the ones that die. They'll just...die for no visible reason, hehe)

Rolls: Deadly Illusion 9, spent 1 benny and 7 ISP
Psionics for Illusion with: Sound, Greater, Deadly; affecting the LBT in the pink circle on the map
1d10!! +1: [2] = 2 1d6!! +1: [1] = 1
1d10!! +1: [4] = 4 1d6!! +1: [1] = 1

Benny, because that's just depressing...

1d10!! +1: [3] = 3 1d6!! +1: [8!!] = 8
Better. ISP spent is 7, due to Channeling... Three targets must roll Smarts at -2 to disbelieve. The one on the blue rooftop must roll Smarts -2 vs 11 or take 1 Wound from Deadly Illusion
Dazzle

Post by Dazzle »

Village near Psyscape
Night
Round 1

Dazzle was working out her next target when Squidge’s instructions came through. “Can they hurt me? They don’t have weapons,” she asked Squidge. “If they’re on me, they won ‘t be on all of you.” Still, her hand hovered over the controls for her stabilizers, ready to retract them if she needed to retreat. It meant she wasn’t going to be taking out any devils though.

Current Loadout
Party Loot
TW Longsword
Vibro-knife x2
Laser pistol x2
Character Tracker
Dazzle Character Sheet
Vargan Orok

Post by Vargan Orok »

Hedges jolts out of bed as the din of combat rises to a fever pitch. He barely grocks the words being said, demos, deevil's, goat men. Reflexively he activates his cyber armor and calls his sword into being. With no time to suit up he scrambles through the top hatch of the truck to get a view of the situation, his cyber armor mercifully covering his sleepware.

Spotting one on the roof of a nearby house he takes a running start and
Atheltics 1d8!! 1d6!!: [1]+[5] = 6
off the Mountaineer to the adjacent rooftop, charging wildly at the deevil on the roof
Wild Attack Fighting 1d8!!+2 1d6!!+2: [7]+2+[5]+2 = 16 Damage 2d6!!+2d10!! AP 16: [5, 4]+[17!!, 3] = 29 +4 Champion/Weakness.
with his psi-sword.

Effects: Fighting 9, Damage 33 AP 16. Vulnerable. Counterattack. Toughness 7.
Vargan Orok (Ranger)
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

@Dazzle can see clear through the hole she made, and fortunately the family is no where to be seen. Phew!

@Hedge performs an amazing feat of acrobatics and lands on the roof, cleaving a deevil in two. The maneuver leaves the 32nd's resident cybernetic paladin vulnerable to reprisal.

Fortunately, @Squidge is there. The deevil nearest Hedge just dies, crumpling to the roof in a heap. One of the ones behind the structure cries out and looks around, shocked (token marked with a "broken skull" symbol on roll 20). The other gives its head a vigorous shake, growls, and then continues forward.

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Bad Guys Retaliate!

The Deevils descend on the group, unleashing arcane fury on the members of the 32nd. Dazzle, being alone by herself to the south, takes the brunt of it and feels an invisible assault on her body and mind as curses fly (OOC: her Vigor drops one die type and her Shooting drops two; she will have opportunities at the end of on her turn next round to shake those off, but she’s stuck with them for now). Another Deevil gets in relatively close to her and shouts something in his infernal language. His intent his clear, however, that he wants to frighten her (Intimidation Test: roll Spirit against a 4 or be distracted).

To the north, one of the Deevils tries the evil eye on White Castle, but he shakes it off. Unfortunately, another fires a bolt of hellfire at Castle and catches him full on the chest, burning him badly (36 fire damage).

One of the creatures closes with Squidge, but cannot seem to lay a claw on her.

Another curses Goswin, and he feels some of the vitality go out of him (Vigor lowered one die type).

Two team up on Vincent, one nailing him with a nasty firebolt (24 fire damage) and the other following it up with a vicious claw attack (15 MD, AP 4, roll on injury table if not soaked).

Another tries to curse Billy, but the orcish warrior is unaffected.

Finally, the last living Deevil fires a well-placed mote of fire at the angel it thinks is attacking. To the rest of you, it looks like he just shot a fire bolt into the sky.

• Deevil lower trait vs. Dazzle (Vigor) - 7 (success, down one die type)
  • Deevil lower trait vs. Dazzle (Spirit) - 1 (crit failure! this guy is shaken)
  • Deevil lower trat vs. Dazzle (Shooting) - 14 (success with a raise, drop two die types)
  • Deevil bolt at Dazzle w/HW and Damage (+4 PPE, 11 left) - 5 (success for 11 damage)
  • Deevil bolt at Dazzle w/HW and Damage (+4 PPE, 11 left) - 5 (success for 10 damage)
  • Deevil Taunt at Dazzle - 4 (Dazzle must resist or be Distracted)
  • Deevil Elemental Manipulation at Dazzle - 4 (success, but Dazzle is unaffected in her environmentally protected armor)
  • Deevil bolt at Dazzle w/HW and Damage (+4 PPE, 11 left) - 5 (success for 8 damage)
  • Deevil run and bolt at Dazzle w/HW and Damage (+4 PPE, 11 left) - 3, failure, shot goes wide
  • Deevil lower trait vs. White Castle (Vigor) - 3 (failure)
  • Deevil bolt at White Castle w/Damage (+2 PPE, 13 left) - 6 (success for 36 damage)
  • Deevil Fighting vs. Squidge - 2 (failure)
  • Deevil lower Trait vs. Goswin (Vigor) - 5 (success, Vigor lowered one die type)
  • Deevil bolt vs. Vincent w/Damage (and the Drop) - 8 (success and a raise for 24 damage, GM benny burnt)
  • Deevil run and Fighting attack vs. Vincent (the Drop) - 11 (hit with a raise for 15 MD, AP 4)
  • Deevil lower Trait vs. Billy (Vigor) - 2 (failure)
  • Deevil bolt vs. Squidge's illusory angel w/Damage - 10, Does not hit the illusion
Now Up:
Goswin is up and may take his turn. Vincent and White Castle may soak, and Dazzle may attempt to resist the Intimidation roll. Once that’s done, I’ll draw cards for the next round!

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

OOC Comments
Soak 24 damage 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Wild Die 1d6!!: [2] = 2

Benny
Reroll 24 2d6!!: [2, 11!!] = 13
Both soaked

15 4 AP soak 2d6!!: [9!!, 11!!] = 20
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Round Two!

Bad Guys: 5 of Hearts
Hedge: Queen of Hearts
Sis: 8 of Spades
Squidge: 2 of Clubs
Castle: 8 of Clubs
Billy: 9 of Diamonds
Dazzle: 6 of Spades
Goswin: On Hold
Vincent: Jack of Diamonds

One with the Elements
The earth around Goswin's feet turns liquid and swallows the young elementalist up, protecting him from further harm at the moment. He is out of the combat and considered on hold.

What to Do!
Having now gotten a good look at these critters, everyone must make a Fear check and, if you fail, roll on the Fear table.

That done, you may go in any order you choose, except for Squidge, who will go after the bad guys (unless she spends a Benny to go sooner).

The map in Roll 20 is up to date: https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/detail ... rk-harvest

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

OOC Comments

Fear 1d8!!+3 1d6!!+3: [4]+3+[23!!]+3 = 33

Exalted Warriors Gift (Innate action, 8(!) ppe)

Spellcasting 1d12!!: [10] = 10
Wild Die 1d6!!: [3] = 3

Raise. Edges Chosen: Improved Trademark Weapon (Spirit Bow) Improved Rapid Fire

Speed (Non mega version, with +2 modifier for quickness, total 4 ppe)

Spellcasting 1d12!!: [7] = 7
Wild Die 1d6!!: [1] = 1

Success. Multi action penalty reduced by 2

1st shot (devil adjacent) L7, cuz this guy is a square!

Shot 1 1d8!!: [2] = 2
Shot 1 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Benny

Shot 1a 1d8!!: [6] = 6
Shot 1a 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Damage 5d6!!: [3, 4, 2, 5, 2] = 16 AP12 +2 damage from Champion

2nd Shot J5

2nd shot 1d8!!: [6] = 6
2nd shot 1d6!!: [1] = 1

3rd shot J8

3rd Shot 1d8!!: [5] = 5
3rd Shot 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Moves to P11

4th Shot V11
4th shot 1d8!! 1d6!!: [6]+[2] = 8

5th shot V12
1d8!!: [6] = 6

Damage: arrow 2 5d6!! arrow 3 5d6!! arrow 4 5d6!! arrow 5 5d6!!: [3, 1, 1, 4, 3]+[2, 2, 4, 1, 1]+[3, 11!!, 1, 4, 4]+[3, 2, 8!!, 5, 2] = 65 All AP12 +2
When the new deevils appears, Vincent yawns, clearly unimpressed. He then makes the sign of the evil eye and mutters a curse "Chorto!" He becomes a blur, first he shoots an arrow into the deevil next to him, and another arrow into two more nearby. He walks a few meters, and shoots two more.
Last edited by Vincent on Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:56 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Falderol Grelemis

Fear: 1d10!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Wild: 1d6!+2: [1]+2 = 3

These things are weird, and a little disgusting, but Billy has seen worse. Observing the destruction to the north he is confident in the party handling the rest of the intruders near by but it looks like Dazzle may need a touch of help. Slowly striding in that direction he lets fly two shots.

Shooting: Trademark Weapon +1, MAP -2
N16 Shooting: 1d8!-1: [8!, 6]-1 = 13 , Hit with raise
Wild: 1d6!-1: [5]-1 = 4

P19 Shooting: 1d8!-1: [3]-1 = 2
Wild: 1d6!-1: [5]-1 = 4 , Hit

Damage: Weapon 2d6+1, Smite 1d6+2, Raise (N16), 1d6
N16 Damage: 4d6!+3: [6!, 5, 6!, 3, 4, 2]+3 = 29
P19 Damage: 3d6!+3: [4, 6!, 3, 3]+3 = 19

Seeing two solid hits Billy takes another couple of steps. "You ok in there Dazzle? Need some assistance?"
Full Sheet

Return to “32nd SET Adventure Forum”