Scheduled Maintenance:
 ! Message from: Tiree
Maintenance has been performed. If you are receiving a submitted form is in error, please delete your cookies for this site.

Operation HARE

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Penelope Lane wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:27 pm Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

“When are such deliveries usually made?” Penelope asked. “We want to arouse as little suspicion as possible. If moving him during the day is better, we can do that, too. Is there a pub in the area to use as an excuse to be in the neighborhood where Hare is?”

Penelope looked to Crowley. “We’ll want an empty barrel to load Hare in, preferably loaded toward the front of the truck’s cargo space so that getting to it to inspect would be a hassle for anyone nosing around.”
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
@stormwell
Crowley nods at Ms. @Penelope Lane's suggestions.

"Corbec, how close is Hare to the airfield here?"

"There was some consideration of disguising Hare when leaving his Hole. Also we could leave a decoy behind who may be able to either pickup later or who may leave out from the Hole on his own."

"As to Ms. Lane's indication of our plan, she does make a valid point that we don't know Lurcher. So extracting him will be an after thought, if we can get Hare, then we can consider going back for Lurcher."

"Our security team (@Gerald Blissett and @Manny Costa) should be back shortly. Hopefullywe have some details on the recent survellience."

Crowley goes silent for a moment, trying to piece together from nearby sounds, whether Jackson @PeteRPG and/or Crusor @Crusor_Peter45 are nearby."
Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Crusor looks down at @Aleister Crowley. Not realizing that his sergeant is wondering where he is. It didn’t help that human instinct rarely has humans notice things above them. That and the fact he wasn’t moving about much.
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

From what @Gerald Blissett could make out, the two man discussed returning to somewhere called the Adler. Though from the tone it was possible they were talking about a hotel presumably within the city. As for the cigarette packet itself, both Gerald and @Manny Costa were able to spy that it appeared to be a cheap Sodkan brand.



"Deliveries are usually made early morn." Answered Corbec. "Theres a couple in the area, aye."

"Say 'bouts half an hour at most." He replied in response to Crowley's question. "Perhaps a good five, maybe ten minutes less if the roads are clear."
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny frowns at the cigarette package.

"What do you think @Gerald Blissett," he said quietly. "Do we keep after them? Or should I just 'interrogate' them in an alleyway?"

Manny gave a wide grin with this last question, indicating his desire to rough them up.
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Gerald furrowed his brow, considering their options. It was clear that @Manny Costa was eager to get his hands dirty, and Gerald didn't feel confident about being able to hold him back if he was determined ...

"It sounds like they are talking about returning to a hotel somewhere ... the 'Adler' ... if I'm right, and they've already made us as more than whiskey traders, then we probably shouldn't let them get to wherever they are going without finding out who they are first. They could be working with HARE, but it seems more likely that they are looking to intercept them ... assuming I haven't gotten this entirely wrong. Hell's teeth, I'm more comfortable flying than I am trying to sort out this subterfuge.

"If you're sure you can take them, we should try to stop them and find out who they are."


A knot was forming in Gerald's gut. He was afraid that if they cornered these men they wouldn't be able to let them walk away from the encounter, and he felt fairly sure that they would feel the same about Costa and himself. This felt like a bad way to start the ground operation, but the only other option seemed to be to wait for the two men to report to whoever they were working with. He took a deep breath and nodded to Costa,

"Alright, I'll follow your lead. Let's try to do this quietly, and be ready to get away fast if things go bad."

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

@stormwell - I am spending a benny for narrative purposes.
Security
I realize that I forget to discuss the details behind security.
The text below would have been the details delivered to those on security detail.
"As this is a very covert mission, security is responsible for nuetralizing threats. Threats to our mission, our identities, and our overall safety."

"Exercise caution but deal with potential threats swiftly."

"Use your best judgement."
@Gerald Blissett & @Manny Costa
"Corbec, what deliveries have you been making. General goods or specific delivieries?"
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny twirled the corner of his moustache with a wry grin.

"Well, my Sodkan isn't that good. In fact, I know about a dozen or so words and that's it. The way I see it, they think something is up and they're probably going to tell someone important about us. They can't do that if they are 'unexpectedly detained' for some reason."

Manny paused for a moment, then continued, "Let's close in on them, @Gerald Blissett. Get them to step off the main street, just out of sight. Maybe we come in with some ruse. Like we're lost or looking for someone. We see what they say and then we make sure they are out of commission for a bit, yeah? What do you think? I mean, you'll have to do most of the talking."
PeteRPG
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Realising he was neither use nor ornament stood out here on his own by the truck, Jackson popped open the drivers door and pulled himself in to the cabin.

He flipped the sun visor down looking for the key to start this thing. He wanted to pull the truck round to the loading doors of the Ravener.

If he couldn't find them he could always jack the ignition he thought. Wouldn't be the first time.
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Penelope considered. “Okay, a couple hours before sun up,” she said. “Maybe four in the morning? Early enough to be a delivery come a bit too early, but still have the cover of darkness. We load Hare into the barrel and get out. If anyone asks, we’re just a delivery waiting for the pub contact to open; we got there too early. We can get the names of the pubs in the area and work up some delivery orders that look real.”
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Crusor continued to provide over watch from the ship. Which might have been a bad idea because when push came to shove he likely wouldn’t be able to shoot a darn thing from up here
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

For @Gerald Blissett and @Manny Costa the matter seemed to be answered for them as the two Sodkan men reached a nearby tram stop and boarded the waiting tram along with the rest of the crowd.


When Jackson tried the ignition the engine made an alarming choking noise but thankfully caught and ran, though perhaps not as smoothly as anyone wished.


"This and that." Corberc answered in response to @Aleister Crowley's question. "It pays to keep my options open with regards to getting work."

"Though there are a couple of pubs in the area."


"You...alright mate?" A puzzled crewman asked when he climbed up to where Crusor was and found the spot already occupied. "If it's fine with you, I've gots to check the navigation lights."
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

"Corbec, are there any pubs in proximity to HARE?"

"Are you prepared for any other deliveries tomorrow morning?"
PeteRPG
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Jackson smiled as the truck coughed into life, the engine shaking and grumbling awake. He swung the the vehicle around and headed over to the Ravener.

As he pulled alongside the cargo doors he pumped the horn.

"Let's sell some whiskey" he shouted through the cabin window.
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Time Check
How much time is there between now and when Corbec would start his usual deliveries?
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny looked over at @Gerald Blissett .

"Looks like they're going somewhere we shouldn't follow. That train would take us too far from the rest of the team. But I don't trust that they won't somehow tip someone off. Let's head back to the team and see what the situation is and when we can get out of here."
Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Peter looked up at the maintenance personnel. He could have said something like “oh yes of course why don’t I help you” or “I’m providing overwatch for our forces on the dock” or really anything besides staring quietly and blankly at the man before him. His focus so diverted that his eyes pierced the very soul of the maintainer more than they actually looked at him
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Gerald nodded in agreement with @Manny Costa. Letting the two men get away would almost certainly bring more complication and danger to the mission, but he felt relieved that he didn't have to try to deal with this situation away from the rest of the team.

"You're right, we should get back. At least we know that someone might be onto us, and we have the name of the hotel, the Adler. Maybe our contact at the docks knows something."

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Aleister Crowley wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:58 pm "Corbec, are there any pubs in proximity to HARE?"

"Are you prepared for any other deliveries tomorrow morning?"
"Aye, theres a couple." Corbec answered. "Owner of one of 'em I'm on good terms with."

"Admittedly I've got a pretty empty slate...for obvious reasons...so pretty flexible in that regard."
PeteRPG wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:13 pm Jackson smiled as the truck coughed into life, the engine shaking and grumbling awake. He swung the the vehicle around and headed over to the Ravener.

As he pulled alongside the cargo doors he pumped the horn.

"Let's sell some whiskey" he shouted through the cabin window.


"Hey! Go easy on the clutch!" Corbec calls out, before turning to Crowley. "Guess we're loading up now?"



Crusor_Peter45 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:13 am Peter looked up at the maintenance personnel. He could have said something like “oh yes of course why don’t I help you” or “I’m providing overwatch for our forces on the dock” or really anything besides staring quietly and blankly at the man before him. His focus so diverted that his eyes pierced the very soul of the maintainer more than they actually looked at him
"Okay then..." Muttered the crewman. "I'll be off then."
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Penelope nodded. “Load up the whiskey, boys,” she said. “Remember to put an empty barrel in there we can hide the hare in.” She looked at Corbec. “Give me the name of the pub and owner and I’ll get a bill of sale forged up,” she told him. “We’ll go tonight.”
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny came walking back in, seeing all of the activity.

"What's all the hub-bub about?" he asked the the rest of the crew in genera.

Then, seeing that barrels were being loaded up, he added, "Are we moving on this right now? There might be a complication."
PeteRPG
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Having killed the engine, Jackson jumped down from the cabin of the lorry.

What do you know @Manny Costa. he asked.

Did you catch up with those guys ?
Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Peter looked at the crewman and simply replied “right” or that’s what he wanted to do but instead he merely didn’t say anything and instead went down to help with the whiskey.
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

"We followed those guys. Until they got on the train." Manny said quickly. "My Sodkan is... not good... But They mentioned something about the Adler. Honestly @Gerald Blissett can probably explain it better. But the point is, I think they were on to us following them and I don't trust that they won't share that information with others."
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley follows @Penelope Lane and Corbec.

Upon reaching Jackson @PeteRPG and over-hearing @Manny Costa and @Gerald Blissett reports, Crowley nods his head.

"Gents. Part of the mission is compromised, yes."

Flipping his notebook open, Crowley jots some notes and makes some quick calculations.

"We proceed with our plans. Corbec's vehicle will suffice. No need for disguising it."

"Corbec provides us a knowledge of the streets and covers into and out of the city."

"Jackson, we need you to forge some more documents. Get with Ms. Lane and Corbec for details."

Speaking up louder so that @Crusor_Peter45 can hear him, "Crusor we need you to do some recon and look at some maps. You will be staying behind after pickup of HARE. Knowing your way back will be crucial."

"Ms. Lane, you will be riding along in the cab with Corbec. Handle all the negotiations with the deliveries."

"We need to leave enough space for @Gerald Blissett & @Manny Costa to ride on the back of the truck. They will be the muscle for unloading and security."

"The Ravener flight crew will secure the Ravener and the landing zone."

@stormwell "Corbec, what do you know about the Alder?"

"Jackson and I may need to scope out the trouble there."

"Questions? Concerns?"
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

“Got it,” Penelope replied to Crowley. She looked over at Jackson. “We need some bills of sale made up for the whiskey to pubs in the area where Hare is being held,” she explained to him. “Shouldn’t be too difficult. They just need to pass inspection in case we are questioned as to why we are on the street that early in the morning.”
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

"The Adler?" Replied Corbec. "Used to be a real fancy joint long ago, before the recent war....so a good forty years ago."

"Tis a hotel on Weit Strasse, though worse the wear after being used as billets during the war." Corbec explained. "Lowered it's standards to cater for travelling merchants and the like rather than the more upper crust of society."

"Manageress is an absolute terror though."
Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Crusor was glad to finally have something to do. He practically flew out of the entrance and down the ramp. Actually forgetting to actually ask where he was suppose to be going, although he’s a perspective kid, he’ll probably figure something out.

Eventually his scouting lead to him searching for a beggars corner. A little spare change could easily get him some mostly quality eyes to aid him
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Penelope stopped Crusor before he left. “Take a radio, and back up. Keep an eye on that hotel for those two men that were interested in us. If they move, let us know, and follow them. If they’re getting close to our position, let us know. We’ll radio you when we’re safely back to the docks so you can hurry back, and we can get out of here.”
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley watched as @Crusor_Peter45 left.

Stepping close to Ms. Lane, "I will go as the stand in for HARE once we do the pickup. Then meet up with Crusor and head back here."
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

As @Crusor_Peter45 hits the streets, it becomes increasingly clear that there are regular patrols of the local Artian police. The uniformed officers appear to stop and question people, seemingly demanding to see papers which people meekly hand over.

Action Required
Please make a Stealth roll.



For the rest of the team it is a matter of hurry up and wait, finish making the final preparations and then moving out at the agreed hour under the cover of darkness. Corbec drives the truck at a steady speed through the nighttime streets, empty save for alley cats and a chilly breeze under a clear but moonless sky. As you round a corner Corbec curses and brings the truck to a screeching halt, ahead lies a roadblock manned by Artian policemen.

Note to Players
Up to you guys how you want to handle this; try diplomacy, try stealth, find a different route or bash your way through the roadblock.
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

“Is that normal?” Penelope asked, eying the road block. “Is there another way around?” She eyed the empty streets. “Maybe park the truck near here and take alleys on foot? How far away are we from where we need to be?”
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
PeteRPG
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Jackson fished out the paperwork he had cobbled together.

"We fooled one set of officials earlier. I say we try again"

Happy to go with the group in terms of how you want to play this. I'll make a thievery roll now though if we do try and blag it.

Thievery. 1d8+1: [5]+1 = 6 Wild die. 1d6: [6] = 6 Wild explodes 1d6!!: [5] = 5
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Hearing the conversation from the cab of the lorry, Gerald loosened his revolver in its holster under his coat to make sure it was ready while simultaneously hoping he wouldn't need to use it. He knew that if he had to draw the weapon, it would mean almost certain failure of the mission and poor odds of himself and the others escaping. He eyed @Manny Costa next to him, crammed in among the whiskey barrels as well as the one "rabbit trap" he'd prepared earlier to see how he was handling the tension.

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Stealth roll 8
OOC Comments

1d10: [8] = 8
1d6: [1] = 1
Crusor made his way through the streets, ducking and weaving through the less observant patrols. Before he started to search for someone who would be informative for a reasonable amount of cash

Notice 5
OOC Comments
1d6+2: [1]+2 = 3
1d6+2: [3]+2 = 5
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny clenched his teeth and slipped the brass onto his fist out of habit. He glanced over at @Gerald Blissett, gave a slight nod, and grinned. He didn't know what to expect next, but he was ready.
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

For Crusor, it is mostly patrolling
Notice 1d6!!: [1] = 1
who seem oblivious to his presence as they eyed up the crowds. There are a handful of street vendors hawking their wares, ranging from food through to trinkets and matches with varying degrees of success.




At the roadblock, one of the policemen approaches the truck and challenges Corbec in Artian. Corbec replies in Artian and hands over Jackson's latest efforts which the policeman takes and
1d6!!: [3] = 3
. Seemingly satisfied, the Artian hands the papers back before shouting over to his comrades who then set about moving the roadblock.

Note to Players
For those who understand Artian the exchange is the policeman asking Corbec's business and Corbec replies that he is making a delivery.

Those hiding in the back of the truck need to make a Stealth....with a +2 bonus.
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny squeezes back as far as he can to hide behind the barrels, hoping for the best.

Stealth: 1d4!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wild Die: 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Gerald leaned back into the shadows cast by the barrels and canvas covering of the lorry bed.

Stealth: 1d4!!: [3] = 3
Wild Die: 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Penelope flashed the police officer that checked their papers a pretty smile. “Thank you, Officer,” she said in Artian. “What seems to be all the fuss?” She waved in the general direction of the road block.
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
PeteRPG
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Jackson did his best to look non plussed and bored as the official studied his paperwork. Dispute this, he couldn't help cracking a small smile as the documents were handed back to Corbec. He rubbed a hand over his chin to mask the grin.

Jackson couldn't fully understand what the men were saying to each other but he could tell from the tone that they were ok.
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

The Artian policeman stops by the canvas for a
Notice 1d6!!: [3] = 3
, then strolls back over to the roadblock. Once the barrier is moved, the truck is then waved through and the barrier replaced once the truck has driven past. The policeman resumed their posts, though some had clustered round a lit brazier to try and fend off the night's chill.

Corbec eyed the policemen through the wing mirror as the truck rolled along the street. "That was...easy."

"Well easier than expected, just surprised we didn't get much in the way of hassle."
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny whispers over to @Gerald Blissett "Sounds like we got through, yeah?"

Then nervously squeezes his brass knuckles in his fist.
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

“Okay, so far so good,” Penelope said, breathing a little easier as they made it through the roadblock. “Let’s head to the pick up location. Nice and steady. No need to draw attention to ourselves.”
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Crusor try to spot the truck as early as he could from just outside of the pickup location. He was also trying to remain as unnoticeable at the same time which hopefully wouldn’t complicate things too much.

Notice roll +2 due to alertness reduces the -2 due to multi action
OOC Comments
1d6: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6: [1] = 1
Stealth -2 multi action
OOC Comments
1d10: [10] = 10
Wild 1d6: [5] = 5
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Penelope Lane wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:32 am“Okay, so far so good,” Penelope said, breathing a little easier as they made it through the roadblock. “Let’s head to the pick up location. Nice and steady. No need to draw attention to ourselves.”
"Ya don't need ta tell me twice lass!" Corbec said, shifting up a gear as the roadblock fell away into the distance behind the truck. He drove for another half hour or so, turning into various streets seemingly at random and even appearing to double back on the route he'd already driven. At last the truck squeals to a halt in a modesty sized courtyard, surrounded on three sides by moulding tenant blocks and the back of a tavern on the fourth. Notable features of the town's skylines can still be seen including a
a Notice roll will reveal that you're a scant ten minutes from foot from the Air Docks where the Ravener is currently docked
.

@Crusor_Peter45 you notice the truck's arrival and recognise the team disembarking.

Glancing round the cold and empty courtyard, the only signs of life is a
and perhaps Crusor if you succeed on a Notice vs his Stealth of 10
. Corbec climbed out of the cab and points at one of the tenant blocks, then quietly says. "Third floor, apartment twenty-one. That's where Hare is located."
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

"I guess we're here. Let's have a look, yeah?"

Manny unfolds himself from his cramped position behind the barrels, pulls back the edge of the tarp and pokes his head out to look around and assess the current location.

Notice1d4!!: [2] = 2
Wild Die 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7
Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”