Leaving the Station 1.1

PaperDragon

Leaving the Station 1.1

Post by PaperDragon »

1.1 TRAIN TO KINGSDALE

A hover train runs between the kingdoms of Kingsdale and Whykin. The last tenuous thread that links the two kingdoms as they diverge in philosophy and goals. In the wake of the Tolkeen the shadow of the Coalition stretches across these two kingdoms. One looks at the Coalition and wonders when it will end their lives, the other looks at the Coalition as something to emulate further stretching that thread.

Today the train loads cargo and people like it has everyday, but today is not a typical day. Among the commuting citizens of Kingsdale and Whykin is a hero of renown. Sir Jaspin is a retired Cyber Knight and hero of Whykin. His words of calm and rationality have kept the kingdom from fully falling under the Coalition's influence. As the spark of war threatens to light a burning pire of death and destruction, Sir Jaspin travels to Kingsdale to discuss the quickly deteriorating situation.

LOCATION - Hover Train
Car 1 - Engine.
Zone 1 - Bridge.
Zone 2 - Engine

Car 2 and 3 - Passenger cars.
Zone 1 - Front half.
Zone 2 - Back half.

Car 4 - Dining car.
Zone 1 - Front half seating.
Zone 2 - Mid Section/Bar.
Zone 3 - Back half seating.

Car 5 through 7 - Cargo

Today the train is quite full as both the daily passengers and the various new passengers because of Sir Jaspin and his retinue.
Tip 1 - Regular passengers can easily identify the non-regular passengers.

Car 4/Zone 3
Sir Jaspin and Carina Hart sit at a table chatting casually. Two Whykin soldiers stand near Sir Jaspin and two corporate soldiers stand near Carina. Both sets of guards eye each other suspiciously. The Whykin soldier more so as Carina’s ears indicate her elven heritage.

Players
What are you doing?
What Location?
You may make a Notice Check to overhear conversations.
Rolls to identify passengers can be made if so desired. There is no specific skill roll just explain why you think it applies.
Restriction
Car 4/Zone 3; or the location Sir Jaspin and Corina are in, is blocked off. Seats were filled prior to the majority of passengers arriving. An air if sharpened knives radiates from Car 4/Zone 3
The engine car is locked and protected by 5 inches of Mega-damage steel door.
Cargo Cars are also locked.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
Ozy “Oz”

Re: Leaving the Station 1.1

Post by Ozy “Oz” »

The Lithe Elf sits in the dining car nursing a port.
Notice: 1d8!: [7] = 7 , 1d6!: [2] = 2
the passengers and taking in the socializing of all parties, conversations, and activities. As he finishes his port he sets the glass down and stands straitening his armor. Time to make myself known.He walks casually towards the cars most notable guests. He bows, and says “Sir Jaspin, Ms. Hart, Xander Leopold, formerly of Tolkeen, currently of Kingsdale. I know what you are thinking, and yes of THOSE Leopolds. It is an honor to meet you in person.” He grabs a chair from a nearby table swings it around and sits in it backwards. “FYI the sexual tension between your guards is palpable and frankly it is making everyone in the car uncomfortable. Please ask them tone it down a bit. On a more important note, I am happy to see you together, especially in light of your mission Sir Jaspin. I do not envy Whykin’s position especially in light of the fate of my home. And although my welcome in Whykin grows thin with its evolving culture, I sympathize with Whykin’s plight. In spirit of seeing as many municipalities avoid the fate of Tolkeen,
Persuasion: d4!+1: [4!, 1]+1 = 6 , d6!: [2] = 2
both of you will see me as your most humble servant in assisting in any way I am able to ensure this mission and its ensuing alliance is successful.”
Agent Ozy "Oz" Mandius
Bennie: 1/2
Dragon Wounds: 4/4
Human Wounds: 3/3
PPE: 30/30
ISP: 20/20
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

The table looks at Leopold as a group. The two Whykin Soldiers growl at Leopold under their breath. The two corporate guards snigger.

Unphased Sir Jaspin nods. “Have a seat.” He smirks at Leopold already joining his table. “It’s nice to meet you Mr. Leopold. I’ve only heard of your family, but have not had the pleasure of meeting. Are you part of my protection detail also?” He glances at Corina who side eyes Leopold.

Corina is known for being commanding and according to rumors controlling. Things that are out of place need to be put back. “Good afternoon Mr. Leopold. I’ve met your father, but I don’t believe we have ever been introduced. Are you here on behalf of your family?”

Corina is a well known figure among the elite of Kingsdale. As the second in command of the Miraculous Corporation she has a lot of resources at her disposal. It is believed more than one suitor has found themselves reconstituted into toilets made by the Miraculous Corps, Auto-Nano factory. As Corina’s marketing campaign explained, Even the most disgusting trash can be made useful again.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
John Carter
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by John Carter »

John is in the front passenger car, making his way to the lavatory. His current mission for the Tomorrow Legion is to protect Sir Jaspin and prevent any attempts to interfere with the Cyber Knight's efforts to maintain the peace between Whykin and Kingsdale. While he personally thinks Kingsdale would have the upper hand if war breaks out, he has to agree with the assessment that in the end the only real winner of such a war would be the Coalition States.

Once alone in the lavatory and away from any observers John
Focus roll 1d10!: [2] = 2 Focus Wild Die roll 1d6!: [6!, 1] = 7 , Focus roll 1d10!: [2] = 2 Focus Wild Die roll 1d6!: [4] = 4
. Ever since his arrival on Earth he has taken special care to keep his mutant abilities secret. While psionics seem as ubiquitous on Earth as they are back home, mutant superpowers appear to be much rarer and obscure on the planet's surface. Which means keeping his powers secret would give him an edge against unsuspecting opponents like Coalition agents.

Now invisible and intangible, John makes his way to the front of the train. One of the most obvious ways to throw a monkey wrench in Sir Jaspin's mission would be to sabotage the train, so he figures his first step should be to
Repair roll 1d8!: [8!, 8!, 8!, 7] = 31 Repair Wild Die roll 1d6!: [3] = 3
to see if anyone has attempted to do that.
Last edited by John Carter on Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:37 am, edited 8 times in total.
John Carter
John Carter

Bennies: 3/3 Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue: 0/3 Conviction: 0

Jack-Of-All-Trades Skill: Driving d4
Ozy “Oz”

Post by Ozy “Oz” »

PaperDragon wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:49 pm The table looks at Leopold as a group. The two Whykin Soldiers growl at Leopold under their breath. The two corporate guards snigger.

Unphased Sir Jaspin nods. “Have a seat.” He smirks at Leopold already joining his table. “It’s nice to meet you Mr. Leopold. I’ve only heard of your family, but have not had the pleasure of meeting. Are you part of my protection detail also?” He glances at Corina who side eyes Leopold.
“I am with the Legion, yes. But, not with detail, I am actually traveling to visit my family. I assure you though, I see duty as paramount, although not assigned, you will have my service should a threat present itself.”
PaperDragon wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:49 pm Corina is known for being commanding and according to rumors controlling. Things that are out of place need to be put back. “Good afternoon Mr. Leopold. I’ve met your father, but I don’t believe we have ever been introduced. Are you here on behalf of your family?”
“We have not met, Ms. Hart. A injustice that I pleased has finally been remedied.”
Persuasion(Seduction): d4!+1: [2]+1 = 3 , d6: [3] = 3 Spend Benny: d4!+1: [2]+1 = 3 , d6: [1] = 1 Spend Benny: d4!+1: [1]+1 = 2 , d6!: [2] = 2 Spend Benny: d4!+1: [2]+1 = 3 , d6!: [2] = 2 Abject Failure!
“I joined the Legion on my own accord. Is my family happy? Debatable, but I am my fathers second child, my sister is the one who will carryon the Leopold merchant legacy. I am fortunately free to dedicate myself to serving the Legion and stopping the CS.”
Agent Ozy "Oz" Mandius
Klaus von Leibnitz

Post by Klaus von Leibnitz »

A youngish quick flex sits in a booth, one earbud an ear. The other sits on his table producing tiny, tinny music associated with the Bubble Dragon game franchise. His attention is mostly on a laptop in front of him and one could assume just he's playing said game as he waits for the train to depart. One would be wrong.

Over his internal radio he replies to the corporate sec guards he's here working for. "Sounds like ve have some Legion here to "help", vunderbar." While Klaus generally liked the do gooders they could be a bit much. And if their presence at the negotiations became known it could complicate things by making K-Dale appear closer to the Legion politically than was actually the case. Thus garnering more scrutiny from the neighboring Coalition States than the free wheeling city state already got. Maybe the celebutante was really just here coincidentally he hoped.

Adding the known legion comm frequencies to the list of ones he's inline=observing. He continues to watch for any electronic signs of trouble as he motions for the wait staff for more coffee. This was not his usual sort of job, intel gathering or industrial espionage were more up his alley, but it was a good chance to improve his connections in Miraculous Corp.
Electronics to listen for out of place radio chatter
Modifiers: Cyber +2, Field Intel +2. Net +4
Electronics d8!!+4: [7]+4 = 11
Electronics Wild d6!!+4: [10!!]+4 = 14
Corwin

Post by Corwin »

A tall blonde man wearing old world Mark II battlefield armor stands at the bar of the dining car, quietly munching on an egg filled rollup. His head is canted slightly as he attempts to
Notice 1d6!: [6!, 3] = 9 , Wild 1d6!: [5] = 5
on the conversation between the elf and the celebrities.
"Corwin! Want anything to drink with that?"The bartender might as well have screamed in his ear.
Recovering and with a finger in his ear, Corwin replies, "No Leeze, I'm fine with water."
"It's Liz, you goof," she replies, smiling. Corwin puts up a hand in supplication, as he glances fore and aft trying to
Common Knowledge 1d6!: [3] = 3 , Wild d6!: [5] = 5
who is new besides the celebrities and their guards. Having ridden this train a few times on his new security gig, he had learned to put a mental checkmark next to new faces.
Corwin blushes
Please ignore the first two dice rolls below, I mistakenly thought my Notice was d8
Dice rolls
Notice 1d8! Wild 1d6!: [6]+[5] = 11
Notice 1d8!: [3] = 3
Corwin's .sig
Discord: Shiro (Corwin)

Corwin Northshadow Lost Jungles

Corwin Eaststrider Train 2 Kingsdale
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

John Carter wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:30 pm …John makes his way to the front of the train. One of the most obvious ways to throw a monkey wrench in Sir Jaspin's mission would be to sabotage the train, so he figures his first step should be to
Repair roll 1d8!: [8!, 8!, 8!, 7] = 31 Repair Wild Die roll 1d6!: [3] = 3
to see if anyone has attempted to do that.
The pilot and co-pilot look sharp and attentive. An air of professionalism gives John confidence they are up to the task. One floor down the engineer walks the sensor lined corridor and notates a data pad when he checks a system. He also seems to be on point for todays trip. The sheer mundanity of watching the crew for even 5 minutes would put any normal person into a coma.

All Legion personnel were notified that the Pilot and Co-Pilot are Kingsdale residents and the engineer is a Whykin citizen.

John looked over the tech manual for this class of hover train just one more time last night, even if his brain said he didn’t need too. Something that struck him, last night, was a data port inside one of the server lockers. It was odd because it was three ports, two on the left of the panel, one on the right. It was just an odd design. Probably a cost savings method by not putting a fourth in. Yet all of that random tangent from last night comes roaring back as he sees a 5 inch tall, one inch deep box, plugged into the three ports. It sits on the ports like a box plugged into a wall outlet. No one would have even paid attention or noticed inside the server cabinet, but John knows there isn’t supposed to be something there and he just happened to be phasing by.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Klaus von Leibnitz wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:31 pmOver his internal radio he replies to the corporate sec guards he's here working for. "Sounds like ve have some Legion here to "help", vunderbar."

TAXLEIA Laughs at Klaus. The Altara Warrior is nestled in a corner with a decent view of the whole car. She is a Miraculous Corp employee and Carina’s bodyguard. She hired Klaus for this mission because his expertise would compliment her skills closing any gaps she might have in protecting Carina.

“We can at least count on them to make it harder to shoot Carina or Sir Jaspin. The more bodies in the way, the more people to shoot through.”

Klaus scans the frequencies looking for radio signals that may be other operatives communicating with each other. At least 5 frequencies are encrypted and offer a good guess as to how crowded this train is with spooks. (Hacking Roll to decrypt.)
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Corwin wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:29 pm "No Leeze, I'm fine with water."
Liz gets mischievous and subtly casts a spell to add a bit of strawberry flavor. She is one of the many Kingsdale residents who practice magic. Corwin knows she works shifts on the train on the days she’s not in classes to learn potion making. Her creative drink concoctions have made her popular among the regular passengers and she is usually tipped quite well.

Corwin’s glance around the car picks out about 11 unfamiliar faces among the 20-25 people in the car. (The train cars are as wide as a jumbo jet with the bar in the center of the car.)

An exhaustive list is probably over kill, so we should definitely make one! We’ll identify by hair style.

Human 1 - a stylish hair cut that is short on the sides and long on top. This style is more suited for the cosmopolitan mega-cities rather than Whykin’s rustic logger population or Kingsdale’s Magic/cyber-punk that often adds a bit of outlandish that usually requires magic to make doable.

Human 2 - a clean military crew cut. He wears aviator glasses in the car and manages to make the whole thing look cool.
Human 3 - Sits with the crew cut. Her hair is pure black and in a pixie style. Her and Human 2 sit close like they are a couple.

Human 4 - is buzzed to stubble, but he has a full beard that is 3 inches long. The style is typical of Whykin “loggers” with long beards being a show of masculinity.

Altara Warrior 5 - A close cropped cut like everyone of them seems to have. It’s like their clones. :)

Human 5 - A cowboy hat. Who knows what his hair style is, the darn thing makes it impossible to tell. He sits at a table with two regulars and regales them with trivia about knives. Your pretty sure Steve the regular is about to stab the cowboy with the knife being showcased.

Elf 6 - She wears her golden hair long and styled like the Elven aristocrats. Except she doesn’t wear the subtle jewelry Kingsdale’s Elven aristocrats wear to signal family or clan relations.

Human 7 - a Kingsdale style if Corwin has ever seen one. Slicked back with a continuous wave like a wind is constantly blowing in his face. He works on a smart-communicator (Smart phone) that looks large enough to house a super computer but small enough to qualify as a smart-communicator.

Human 8 - his hair looks perfect. It’s so perfect it’s hard to describe. If Corwin could style his hair like that, he’s sure it would instantly make him a vid-celebrity.

Human 9 - Her red hair is long and pulled back in a pony tail like she’s ready for the dung to hit the fan.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Leopold wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:56 pm “We have not met, Ms. Hart. A injustice that I pleased has finally been remedied.”
Persuasion(Seduction): d4!+1: [2]+1 = 3 , d6: [3] = 3 Spend Benny: d4!+1: [2]+1 = 3 , d6: [1] = 1 Spend Benny: d4!+1: [1]+1 = 2 , d6!: [2] = 2 Spend Benny: d4!+1: [2]+1 = 3 , d6!: [2] = 2 Abject Failure!

Carina looks at Leopold.
Performance 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6 , Wild Die 1d6!!: [4] = 4
She maintains pose, but narrows her eyes as Leopold essentially gives her the “Kiss of death” with in her sub-culture.

“Yes, well. Family can be difficult.” She pulls her hand away with a slight jerk.

Sir Jaspin moves the conversation along. “The Coalition is a tricky subject right now. I can’t agree with there policies towards non-humans but it’s hard to argue the protection they inadvertently offer to all the people of North America. I hope to temper the minority that wants to join the coalition but that minority is only slight. Poloing suggest 48% support to join. It’s assumed if we do join, war will be immediately declared. Hopefully we can work with the Kingsdale Senate to keep the peace.”

Carina raises an eyebrow. “As I understand it, your king wants Kingsdale reduce our weapons stockpiles by 50% and allow inspectors to make sure we maintain that amount. I don’t think Whykin Minders would be welcomed by the Senate or the citizens.”

A chill seems to spread across the table. Daniel Hines returns from the rest room, a man who’s whole appearance is slimy politician. His suite is nee but not expensive, his hair basic, and his eyes are like knives poised to strike. “Kingsdale has created this situation with the unprovoked build up of weapons and defense. Even your patrols have increased, our defenders see more and more of your Rangers flitting through the forests. We rightly will defend ourselves if you continue these provocative actions we sould have no choice.”

Carina opens her mouth but Sir Jaspin pats her hand. A fatherly aura radiates, stopping her from saying something that likely involved shoving items in orifices. “Relax Daniel. I know for a fact the Senate is prepared to discuss increased avenues to peaceful coexistence.” Giving Carina a warm smile. “I’m sorry Carina, the secretary gets a bit excitable.”
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Klaus von Leibnitz

PaperDragon wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:36 pm
TAXLEIA Laughs at Klaus. The Altara Warrior is nestled in a corner with a decent view of the whole car. She is a Miraculous Corp employee and Carina’s bodyguard. She hired Klaus for this mission because his expertise would compliment her skills closing any gaps she might have in protecting Carina.

“We can at least count on them to make it harder to shoot Carina or Sir Jaspin. The more bodies in the way, the more people to shoot through.”

Klaus scans the frequencies looking for radio signals that may be other operatives communicating with each other. At least 5 frequencies are encrypted and offer a good guess as to how crowded this train is with spooks. (Hacking Roll to decrypt.)
Taking a sip of coffee, the freelancer notes a spike in local comms activity. Minimizing the game he'd been playing while doing initial scans to focus more fully on the task. A faint smile plays on his lips as he tunes in and starts hacking.
Hacking to decrypt
Modifiers: Cyber +2, Field Intel +2. Net +4
Hacking d10!!+4: [14!!]+4 = 18
Hacking Wild d6!!+4: [2]+4 = 6
The smile widens as he quickly isolates the various signals and the decryption algorithms start to dig in.

Tax, ve have several encrypted channels present, I should have access shortly."

Jobs outside of town always skeeved him out and he tended to avoid them whenever possible so Klaus was glad to have something concrete to do finally. He was here because Taxleia was an old friend from his days in Kingsdale Security forces and she asked him to work the job. Even went out of her way to get Carina to approve a freelancer for the sensitive operation instead of one of her own security people.
Ozy “Oz”

Post by Ozy “Oz” »

PaperDragon wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:31 pm
Leopold wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:56 pm “We have not met, Ms. Hart. A injustice that I pleased has finally been remedied.”

Sir Jaspin moves the conversation along. “The Coalition is a tricky subject right now. I can’t agree with there policies towards non-humans but it’s hard to argue the protection they inadvertently offer to all the people of North America. I hope to temper the minority that wants to join the coalition but that minority is only slight. Poloing suggest 48% support to join. It’s assumed if we do join, war will be immediately declared. Hopefully we can work with the Kingsdale Senate to keep the peace.”

"All politics aside, as I said I understand Whykin's plight. Watching a power like Tolkeen fall under the Iron Fist of the CS is truly terrifying. The CS resorts to policies of war in the name of peace. Sure the CS offers protection for humans. Non-humans have political power in Kingsdale. It will be a harder sale of peace at the price of the elimination of non-humans. Not to mention, that it is quite bold of the CS to use Whykin to ask for disarmament after the annihilation of a city who refused to bow down to the CS. The timing makes it appear that they want to disarm Kingsdale as much as possible to ease the process of invading them. But the CS will also say their refusal to disarm is an indication that Kingsdale is a threat and use that as justification to invade. Whykin seeing a potential threat from the CS saw a common ground. Hatred of nonhumans and used that to begin forming peace, which I completely understand after seeing the fall of Tolkeen. Whykin chose the path of least resistance. No need to stand up to the CS for those you already hate. Kingsdale will be much different, but I applaud your attempt to keep the pace Sir Jaspin."

PaperDragon wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:31 pm Carina raises an eyebrow. “As I understand it, your king wants Kingsdale reduce our weapons stockpiles by 50% and allow inspectors to make sure we maintain that amount. I don’t think Whykin Minders would be welcomed by the Senate or the citizens.”

"Intriguing, is Whykin and its new crony the CS willing to do the same? Disarm and allow inspectors? Let me guess, no. Diplomatically this seems to become a harder sale every moment."

PaperDragon wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:31 pm A chill seems to spread across the table. Daniel Hines returns from the rest room, a man who’s whole appearance is slimy politician. His suite is nee but not expensive, his hair basic, and his eyes are like knives poised to strike. “Kingsdale has created this situation with the unprovoked build up of weapons and defense. Even your patrols have increased, our defenders see more and more of your Rangers flitting through the forests. We rightly will defend ourselves if you continue these provocative actions we could have no choice.”

Carina opens her mouth but Sir Jaspin pats her hand. A fatherly aura radiates, stopping her from saying something that likely involved shoving items in orifices. “Relax Daniel. I know for a fact the Senate is prepared to discuss increased avenues to peaceful coexistence.” Giving Carina a warm smile. “I’m sorry Carina, the secretary gets a bit excitable.”

"Intriguing point Mr. Hines. You believe it is only appropriate to begin building an arsenal during the invasion then? Let me see if I can present this to you in a manner you can grasp. Tolkeen was a provocation to any country or city state that welcomes non humans. No country is going to sit idly by and be destroyed. Fortunately for Whykin a large swathe of your citizens share CS's sentiment for nonhumans. That is an easy sell for you. Kingsdale not so much. Whykin is scared of the CS and for good reason and it has pushed into the situation you find ourselves now. It would seem to me your play is to send a neutral party, the good Sir Jaspin, to make this 'plea for peace'. It will fall on deaf ears. You know that already." He pauses for a moment.The refusal itself is not enough for war. There has to be an inciting event. Something that would rally the Whykin to finally submit to the CS and join them in a war against Kingsdale. Like the assassination of a Whykin hero on a peace mission. F$$k me. "I am sorry I just realized I am late for an appointment. It has been a pleasure Ms. Hart and Sir Jaspin. Mr. Hines, our short time together has been short but insightful. I hope you guys have a good rest of your trip." I have to find the Legion detail immediately. He gets up and leaves the dining car hastily to find anyone who might be on the security detail.

Leopold will stop the first Legionnaire he sees. Flash his ID and ask to speak to the detail commander immediately.
Last edited by Ozy “Oz” on Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Agent Ozy "Oz" Mandius
Corwin

Post by Corwin »

Corwin takes a sip of his water... water? Then inclines his head toward Ly...Lye...Li...iz! That's it! he thinks. Then he slips something nice into her tip jar. He marks in his mind the newcomers. Judging people by their haircuts has always worked well for him. The short cropped ones are usually reliable, at least in their sense of duty. He is a bit suspicious about the fancier ones. He gives a shake to his own flowing blonde locks as he admires the one he identified as "Human 8"
Warmth fills him as he ponders his pride at the accomplishments of the children of Earth in their few millenia, and just barely retracts his feet in time as the Elf... Leopold was it? Yes that is what I overheard... bustles by him. Doubtful he would have tripped over me, he looked ready to jump over my feet if need be. Elves created an interesting sensation in the pit of his stomach, perhaps because they too were an old race... from their own world. They seemed to look burdened, yet simultaneously hopeful. Perhaps they shared a burden and sense of responsibility for the children...not just the human ones...
Corwin relaxed back against the bar, staring out the window at the gentle blue daytime glow of the ley line in the distance.
Corwin's .sig

PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Klaus von Leibnitz wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:24 pm The smile widens as he quickly isolates the various signals and the decryption algorithms start to dig in.
The data communications are bursting with information. And not just all the people playing Candy Crush. Things that stick out.

…what are they doing Red? (Reply) Talking. Carina looks like she’s going to kill that Secretary…

…I’m telling you, Eva keeps giving the elf chick the beat down look. (Reply) She’s guarding Jas, no chick on chick today…

…Carina is going to kill this bodyguard chick. (Reply) How can you tell, she has one facial expression…

…cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger…

…my stock price is going to tank because of this, all I’ll have left is my knife collection…

…buy up all the free contractors you can, this pipe dream is going to go south quick. (Pause) Yeah, when Kingsdale comes looking for fighters we can charge twice the price…

…we should have killed this guy years ago, what was command thinking by letting this farce continue.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Sarah Winters
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sarah Winters »

Observe and make sure nothing gets out of hand. Yeah of course. I mean, yessir. As if I'm the one that's going to *prevent* things from getting out of hand. I wonder if they are going to realize that things are already out of hand. I'm not even sure they know whose hand. This is a test for me to see if I am going to f*** up a delicate situation, with people to bail me out if I do.

Or maybe they think your unstable element can serve them.

In the corner of the forward passenger car, Sarah played her role as a daily, having been planted here recently in anticipation of increased traffic. Well, something was definitely up today and the VIPs were about. Did anyone tell today's other obvious agents that she was here or are they going to be left to figure that out once the fun begins?

Staying away from the center of attention -- that's not where the planning happens anyway -- she kept tabs on who boarded, when and where, checking off all the other dailies (which she wasn't and isn't, instead being an intermittent laborer as far as anyone knows). But more importantly she looked for the unspoken interactions between them, especially between those in the same groups, and what they were carrying. And even more so, the scents. Though she hated it, everyone now has a distinct odor and rhythm she had not ever noticed as a hematypical. She was on a giant, moving spice rack.

No one is in character all the time.

Yeah, I get it.

Clad in a black leather jacket and hood, complete with (folded open for now) mask and heavy, dark sunglasses, Sarah internally mocked her own appearance as a would-be "mysterious stranger" and wondered if anyone else found it amusing. Or unsettling.

Stay the course, kid. They aren't ready for you but you have to be. Prove them wrong.

(over an hour later as activity continues without her, for the most part) She nervously begins to buff out the scratches her idle fingernails had made in the table.

Nope, guess not. Maybe I'm not cut out for this hero sh*t.

Who said you were a hero?

You're one to talk. And you can shut up now.

Notice 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10

Bennies:4/3
Credits: 5000
Parry 7 (10/shield)
Toughness: 20 (7)
+1/-1 Arcane Resistance
ISP: 20 (16 remaining)
Sarah Winters
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Secretary Hines watches Leopold leave and puts on a fake smile. “Well, he was direct. I’m sure Kingsdale will make the right decision.”

Carina rolls her eyes and mean girl sighs. It would easily be Oscar nomination worthy.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Leopold ends up being sent to car three. There, Leopold finds Gage Knight of the Tomorrow Legion. Gage is the highest ranking Tomorrow Legionnaire in Kingsdale. The person sitting across from him is a large man with dark skin and a bald head.

Gage nods to Leopold. “Hello Mr. Leopold. Please join us.”
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Ozy “Oz”

Post by Ozy “Oz” »

PaperDragon wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:37 pm Leopold ends up being sent to car three. There, Leopold finds Gage Knight of the Tomorrow Legion. Gage is the highest ranking Tomorrow Legionnaire in Kingsdale. The person sitting across from him is a large man with dark skin and a bald head.

Gage nods to Leopold. “Hello Mr. Leopold. Please join us.”
“Mr. Knight, I need to borrow your ear for an urgent matter of sensitivity. He turns, to the bald man, I am Xander Leopold, 4th Arcane Anomaly Team and who do I have the pleasure of meeting?” I must be sure this man can be trusted to keep my insights private. The hours of travel are dwindling and I am certain that whatever machinations are afoot will occur in Kingsdale.
Agent Ozy "Oz" Mandius
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

EXCITEMENT!!

Sarah smells something she’s never smelled before. It’s not puke. Or blood. It’s metalic-ee.

Rubin (Train staff) bumps into the bar next to Corwin. “Liz, give me some towels.” He pauses and scrunches his nose. “And a pale. Someone’s puking and it’s just disgusting.”
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Leopold wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:59 pm “Mr. Knight, I need to borrow your ear for an urgent matter of sensitivity. He turns, to the bald man, I am Xander Leopold, 4th Arcane Anomaly Team and who do I have the pleasure of meeting?”
The large man chuckles. “Nice to meet’cha. Everyone just calls me Marvin. What’s this important matter?”

Gage nods to Leopold to sit. “He works for one of our benefactors. He can be trusted.”
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Klaus von Leibnitz

PaperDragon wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:32 pm

The data communications are bursting with information. And not just all the people playing Candy Crush. Things that stick out.

…what are they doing Red? (Reply) Talking. Carina looks like she’s going to kill that Secretary…

…I’m telling you, Eva keeps giving the elf chick the beat down look. (Reply) She’s guarding Jas, no chick on chick today…

…Carina is going to kill this bodyguard chick. (Reply) How can you tell, she has one facial expression…

…cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger…

…my stock price is going to tank because of this, all I’ll have left is my knife collection…

…buy up all the free contractors you can, this pipe dream is going to go south quick. (Pause) Yeah, when Kingsdale comes looking for fighters we can charge twice the price…

…we should have killed this guy years ago, what was command thinking by letting this farce continue.
While several of the signals obviously pertain to the VIPs, a couple stand out to Klause. The last message in particular alarms him.

"Tune into the channel I'm linking with the enclosed decrypt package so ve can triangulate their position. They seem hostile to Jasper. Red there may also be trouble, she's giving play by play to someone. Also, if our guards could maintain radio silence that vould make this easier."

Once Tax has her comm tuned and linked with his Hans tries to triangulate the distance and direction of the final signal, then overlay that onto a map of the train.
Electronics to triangulate (if possible. if not I understand)
Modifiers;Cyber +2, Field Intel +2. Provisional Net +4
Electronic d8!!+4: [2]+4 = 6
As he works out the triangulation he notes the young (? one can never really tell) elf sweep out in a hurry with an alarmed looked. He wonders if he missed the Ice queen shooting him down, or maybe she dismissed the Legion offer of help. Again. And with her customary charm.
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Klaus von Leibnitz wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:58 pm Once Tax has her comm tuned and linked with his Hans tries to triangulate the distance and direction of the final signal, then overlay that onto a map of the train.
Electronics to triangulate (if possible. if not I understand)
Modifiers;Cyber +2, Field Intel +2. Provisional Net +4
Electronic d8!!+4: [2]+4 = 6

The triangulation takes a couple minutes but the man previously identified as Human 1, with a hair doo only a mega-city dweller would sport. The encryption is high grad and would require state of the art cybernetics. Something everyone would have trouble getting a hold of, unless your Coalition. He’s using some kind of Cyber-Radio, designed to translate mental signals into a signal that can be translated by a radio or communicator. Which is to say he has a brain device that translates his thoughts into a vocalization so someone on the other end of the radio can hear him speak and not need special tech to translate the data signal.

(As a note, “Red” (obviously the red head) is using a sub-vocal mike. Klaus or his equipment would be able to notice the difference.)
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Ozy “Oz”

Post by Ozy “Oz” »

PaperDragon wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:48 pm
Leopold wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:59 pm “Mr. Knight, I need to borrow your ear for an urgent matter of sensitivity. He turns, to the bald man, I am Xander Leopold, 4th Arcane Anomaly Team and who do I have the pleasure of meeting?”
The large man chuckles. “Nice to meet’cha. Everyone just calls me Marvin. What’s this important matter?”

Gage nods to Leopold to sit. “He works for one of our benefactors. He can be trusted.”
I hope this works.
“The CS has been trying to coax Whykin into their fold, we all know that. 48% of those in Whykin are currently in support of joining the CS, including that Secretary Hines. They need something to Galvenize the people of Whykin over the edge. Sir Jaspin’s mission is a sham. The CS does not expect Kingsdale to disarm, it would be insanity to do so after Tolkeen. They are putting Sir Jaspin in Kingsdale, where I am almost certain he will be killed and his death blamed on Kingsdale. A hero of Whykin assassinated in Kingsdale trying to broker peace. Whykin will immediately join the CS, and they will attempt the same thing they did with Tolkeen with Kingsdale. I need to get Jaspin and Hart away from the Whykin guards and Secretary. They need to know this likely scenario. We need to expose the plan and secure Jaspin before we get to Kingsdale. If not I fear all is lost.
Persuasion 1d4!+1: [1]+1 = 2 , 1d6!: [1] = 1
Agent Ozy "Oz" Mandius
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Leopold wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:23 pm “The CS has been trying to coax Whykin into their fold, we all know that. 48% of those in Whykin are currently in support of joining the CS, including that Secretary Hines. They need something to Galvenize the people of Whykin over the edge. Sir Jaspin’s mission is a sham. The CS does not expect Kingsdale to disarm, it would be insanity to do so after Tolkeen. They are putting Sir Jaspin in Kingsdale, where I am almost certain he will be killed and his death blamed on Kingsdale. A hero of Whykin assassinated in Kingsdale trying to broker peace. Whykin will immediately join the CS, and they will attempt the same thing they did with Tolkeen with Kingsdale. I need to get Jaspin and Hart away from the Whykin guards and Secretary. They need to know this likely scenario. We need to expose the plan and secure Jaspin before we get to Kingsdale. If not I fear all is lost.
Gage gives Leopold the one raised eyebrow. “Who’s plan?”
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Ozy “Oz”

Post by Ozy “Oz” »

PaperDragon wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:52 pm
Leopold wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:23 pm “The CS has been trying to coax Whykin into their fold, we all know that. 48% of those in Whykin are currently in support of joining the CS, including that Secretary Hines. They need something to Galvenize the people of Whykin over the edge. Sir Jaspin’s mission is a sham. The CS does not expect Kingsdale to disarm, it would be insanity to do so after Tolkeen. They are putting Sir Jaspin in Kingsdale, where I am almost certain he will be killed and his death blamed on Kingsdale. A hero of Whykin assassinated in Kingsdale trying to broker peace. Whykin will immediately join the CS, and they will attempt the same thing they did with Tolkeen with Kingsdale. I need to get Jaspin and Hart away from the Whykin guards and Secretary. They need to know this likely scenario. We need to expose the plan and secure Jaspin before we get to Kingsdale. If not I fear all is lost.
Gage gives Leopold the one raised eyebrow. “Who’s plan?”
“The CS and their supporters in Whykin. For Fu#%s sake, time is of the essence.” What am I going to do? I am losing them.
Agent Ozy "Oz" Mandius
John Carter
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by John Carter »

When John spots the unfamiliar device plugged into the data ports his first instinct is to remove it but then he realizes that wouldn't be the best move. Even if he takes it out now there's still a good chance it's already done things to the train's systems. He neither has the access nor the familiarity with the train's software to spot any alterations it might have made, which means the next thing he'd have to do is inform the crew. A move which would require him awkwardly explaining his own presence in a restricted area.

On the other hand, if a crew member somehow discovered the box's presence then they would naturally check the train's systems afterward as a precaution without John needing to make his presence known. With that logic in mind John becomes tangible while still maintaining his invisibility. Once he's solid he gets to work
Repair roll 1d8!: [2] = 2
Roll Repair Wild Die roll 1d6!: [5] = 5 With a +3 from his Armor and Field Repair Kit the final result is an 8, which is a Success and a Raise
. All he has to do is make it appear that there's been a malfunction and the engineer should soon be along to check it out, which would conveniently let him come across the box. He'll then either remove the device and do the necessary checks or he'll ignore it, the latter of which would be proof he's a mole for whoever is behind it.

Once he's done John
Focus roll 1d10!: [5] = 5 Focus Wild Die roll 1d6!: [1] = 1 Success.
and waits for the engineer to show up.
Last edited by John Carter on Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
John Carter
John Carter

Sarah Winters
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sarah Winters »

Excitement!

Shut it.

Sarah steps up as if headed to the bar but then "couldn't help but notice" the nearby chuckage. Well I wanted an adventure, I s'pose. she chuckled.

Let me help, she offers and grabs a second towel to assist, using the opportunity to gauge the situation.

Notice 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4

Parry 7 (10/shield)
+1/-1 Arcane Resistance
Sarah Winters
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Leopold wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:57 pm “The CS and their supporters in Whykin. For Fu#%s sake, time is of the essence.” What am I going to do? I am losing them.
Marvin rubs his chin. “That was one of the scenarios predicted. That or kill Carina, but no one wants to piss Dr Miraculous off that much.”

Gage nods. “Yes, harming Carina is a one way ticket to arch nemesis status with the Doctor. The Legion has the highest probability that the train would be sabotaged and stopping the talks all together.”

Marvin chuckles. “Did any of your people predict a rift opening in a cargo car and a wave of psychotic 4 inch blue warriors swarming out and feasting on the bodies of the train passengers?”

Gage’s jaw drops. “Who does your intel gathering?”

Marvin shrugs. “We use a quantum prediction software.”

Gage looks at Leopold, grasping at any straw of normal rifts earth. “Leopold, do you suspect anyone in particular, in this train, that may be about to kill Sir Jaspin?”
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Corwin

Post by Corwin »

PaperDragon wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:11 pm Rubin (Train staff) bumps into the bar next to Corwin. “Liz, give me some towels.” He pauses and scrunches his nose. “And a pale. Someone’s puking and it’s just disgusting.”
"A pale, that much huh? Want help with that?" Corwin asks Rubin. It never hurts to ingratiate yourself to the janitor. One of the things he had learned from Lucius Tristan was that the lower someone thought they were, the more they responded to humility. Most of the time.
Corwin's .sig

PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

John Carter wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:23 pm
Once he's solid he gets to work
Repair roll 1d8!: [2] = 2
Roll Repair Wild Die roll 1d6!: [5] = 5 With a +3 from his Armor and Field Repair Kit the final result is an 8, which is a Success and a Raise
. All he has to do is make it appear that there's been a malfunction and the engineer should soon be along to check it out, which would conveniently let him come across the box.
The engineer taps the screen and drops his shoulders. Mumbling about the inept technicians, he opens the cabinets and checks various systems. It takes a couple minutes, as he works in a professional manner, checking various systems. When he reaches the unusual box he pauses. Gears turn and he scrunches his eyebrows.

“Alexa, show me the schematics for cabinet 12-478.”

He rotates the schematic in the screen and taps the port. “Alexa access this port.”

“Accessing. Error. Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, French Fries, Cheeseburger, Milkshake, Milkshake, Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger..”

The data pad keeps repeating those words and even the screen becomes likes if text scrolling along.

“What the hell?”
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Sarah Winters wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:45 am Let me help, she offers and grabs a second towel to assist, using the opportunity to gauge the situation.
A group of four people sit around a teenage kid. He’s pale and black icker drips from the corner of his lip. A pool of the stuff collects in a coat.

“Don’t worry kid. These trains can really do a number on you of your not used to them.” The man rubs his back. A regular traveler but the kid not so much. More an infrequent traveler. Once a week rather than daily.

The icker is just odd. Thicker than blood, but contains blood, along with other metallic scents.

Two of the less intelligent passenger poke at the pool.

“Jeez kid, I’ve cleaned up after a Juicer party and the stuff that came back up out of them was less disgusting them this.”

Another passenger wipes the goop off their face. She is not as cordial about the situation.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Corwin wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:34 am "A pale, that much huh? Want help with that?"
“Yeah, Corwin. That would be great. I’ll take these towls, you bring the pale to car 2.”

Rubin walks off with a stack of towels. Past Gage, Leopold, and Marvin. Into car two where Sarah stands with a group of passengers helping the teenager.

Liz hands Corwin the pale with hand cleaner (think cordless hand vacuum.) “Are you trying to impress a girl into having drinks with her later?”
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Ozy “Oz”

Post by Ozy “Oz” »

PaperDragon wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:30 am
Leopold wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:57 pm “The CS and their supporters in Whykin. For Fu#%s sake, time is of the essence.” What am I going to do? I am losing them.
Marvin rubs his chin. “That was one of the scenarios predicted. That or kill Carina, but no one wants to piss Dr Miraculous off that much.”

Gage nods. “Yes, harming Carina is a one way ticket to arch nemesis status with the Doctor. The Legion has the highest probability that the train would be sabotaged and stopping the talks all together.”

Marvin chuckles. “Did any of your people predict a rift opening in a cargo car and a wave of psychotic 4 inch blue warriors swarming out and feasting on the bodies of the train passengers?”

Gage’s jaw drops. “Who does your intel gathering?”

Marvin shrugs. “We use a quantum prediction software.”

Gage looks at Leopold, grasping at any straw of normal rifts earth. “Leopold, do you suspect anyone in particular, in this train, that may be about to kill Sir Jaspin?”
“That is the thing there is no way that in 2 hours we can evaluate every passenger on the train. What we can do is talk to Sir Jaspin. His awareness helps him be prepared. Than we get him to ditch his Whykin detail and provide a Legion detail. We isolate him from the Whykin presence until he returns to Whykin. Allow the talks to occur and make sure he is kept safe.” Leopold is growing impatient. “Get me an audience with Sir Jaspin away from Hines.”
Agent Ozy "Oz" Mandius
Sarah Winters
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sarah Winters »

Stars, kid what have you been eating? Food on the train or something else?

Sarah makes an attempt to ascertain the contents of the coat and what is adorning more than one face, it seems, but she is less familiar with such things.

Common Knowledge 1d4!!: [3] = 3
Occult 1d4!!: [13!!] = 13
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1

Parry 7 (10/shield)
+1/-1 Arcane Resistance
Sarah Winters
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Leopold wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:07 pm “Get me an audience with Sir Jaspin away from Hines.”
Gage sighs. “I doubt we could convince him of doing half of what your asking.”

Marvin chuckles. “That man will jump in front of his bodyguards to save them from the person trying to kill him. “

Gage watches several people walk by with towels, then continues. “One if Carina’s guards is a friend of mine. Her name is Taxleia. She’s the Altara Warrior in the dinning car. If anyone can get you a chat it would be through her and Carina.”

Gage isn’t dismissive but he seems comfortable with his current plan.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Sarah Winters wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:55 pm Sarah makes an attempt to ascertain the contents of the coat and what is adorning more than one face, it seems, but she is less familiar with such things.
Sarah has seen a lot of blood, guts, and biological gunk in her time, and this just isn’t biological gunk. There js just something technological about it.

1d6!!: [3] = 3

Eviscerator twerks a metaphysical eyebrow. “Did that stuff just try to talk to me?”
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Sarah Winters
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sarah Winters »

Did you say it was trying to communicate, Sunshine? Ask it to ID itself and what it's doing here.

Can you understand this language? Are you sentient? What are you and why are you here? What is your purpose in this boy's stomach? Or out of it?
PaperDragon wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:19 pm
Sarah Winters wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:55 pm Sarah makes an attempt to ascertain the contents of the coat and what is adorning more than one face, it seems, but she is less familiar with such things.
Sarah has seen a lot of blood, guts, and biological gunk in her time, and this just isn’t biological gunk. There js just something technological about it.

1d6!!

Eviscerator twerks a metaphysical eyebrow. “Did that stuff just try to talk to me?”

Parry 7 (10/shield)
+1/-1 Arcane Resistance
Sarah Winters
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Sarah Winters wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:03 am Did you say it was trying to communicate, Sunshine? Ask it to ID itself and what it's doing here.

Can you understand this language? Are you sentient? What are you and why are you here? What is your purpose in this boy's stomach? Or out of it?
“###, ###… Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger

1d10!!-6: [6]-6 = 0 , Alien Tech -2, Altess Tech -4

Across the car someone jerks and opens their mouth in a wordless scream. Stunned silence draws out for long seconds until the soundless screaming man leaps at the passenger in the row across from him. Viciously attacking with teeth and finger nails.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

A noise reaches the seats in Car 3 where Gage, Marvin, and Leopold sit.

Gage shakes his head. “I guess a fight broke out anyway. The tension was bound to cause a few punches to be thrown. Leopold, I do believe Taxleia will be your best avenue to speak with Sir Jaspin.

The occupants of the dinning car, car 4 are unable to hear the tussle in Car 2.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
John Carter
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by John Carter »

PaperDragon wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:42 am “Alexa, show me the schematics for cabinet 12-478.”

He rotates the schematic in the screen and taps the port. “Alexa access this port.”

“Accessing. Error. Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, French Fries, Cheeseburger, Milkshake, Milkshake, Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger..”

The data pad keeps repeating those words and even the screen becomes likes if text scrolling along.

“What the hell?”
Seeing the engineer apparently too surprised to react, John internally curses as he becomes tangible and moves to yank the box from the data ports without bumping into the crewman and alerting the man to his presence. With any luck when it drops to the floor he'll assume it was just barely plugged in and somehow jarred out of place.

Stealth to avoid being discovered
Stealth roll 1d8!: [5] = 5
Stealth Wild Die roll 1d6!: [3] = 3

John's current Invisibility will give the Engineer and any other potential observers a -4 penalty to Notice John.
John Carter
John Carter

PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

John Carter wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:28 am Seeing the engineer apparently too surprised to react, John internally curses as he becomes tangible and moves to yank the box from the data ports without bumping into the crewman and alerting the man to his presence.
The engineer looks at the box on the floor and then around himself. “Hello?” After no response he picks up the box and then immediately drops is. There is a slight singe on his fingers. A small amount of smoke comes from the box.

Clicking his radio. “Steve. There’s something odd back here. Anything weird up there?”

The radio clicks back. “Nope. Everything is green.”

The engineer clicks the mic. “I’m gonna run a diagnostic, let me know if anything weird happens?”

Steve replies. “Want me to stop?”

The engineer shakes his head. “By Thor no. I want these VIPs off my train as soon as possible.”

The engineer plugs his datapad into the port and starts up a dozen diagnostics.

1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6

The engineer checks off one successful diagnostic. 4 more to go. He’s essentially performing a dramatic task.

@Klaus von Leibnitz
Klaus notices the hovertrain going through dozens if diagnostics and would also notice the weird Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger communication stopped.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Corwin

Post by Corwin »

PaperDragon wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:01 pm “Yeah, Corwin. That would be great. I’ll take these towls, you bring the pale to car 2.”

Rubin walks off with a stack of towels. Past Gage, Leopold, and Marvin. Into car two where Sarah stands with a group of passengers helping the teenager.

Liz hands Corwin the pale with hand cleaner (think cordless hand vacuum.) “Are you trying to impress a girl into having drinks with her later?”
"Only if I'm a very fortunate son, Li..iz," a half-smile forming on Corwin's face as he turns to follow Rubin. He drops the cleaner unit into the pale and whistles a low tune as he walks.
Corwin's .sig

Ozy “Oz”

Post by Ozy “Oz” »

PaperDragon wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:52 am A noise reaches the seats in Car 3 where Gage, Marvin, and Leopold sit.

Gage shakes his head. “I guess a fight broke out anyway. The tension was bound to cause a few punches to be thrown. Leopold, I do believe Taxleia will be your best avenue to speak with Sir Jaspin.

The occupants of the dinning car, car 4 are unable to hear the tussle in Car 2.
His eyes widen, he seems to be calculating. He stands. "Thank you for your help gentlemen. I will talk to this Taxleia, I believe I saw her in the Dining Car. But first, something doesn't feel right." He pushes away from the table and stands up. He touches a sigil on his chest and says, "Protego". Runes of purple light light up covering his armor then fade away. A purple fields covers his hands and head. He makes his way to Car 2.
Notice: 1d8!: [6] = 6 , 1d6!: [1] = 1 , Success!!
Agent Ozy "Oz" Mandius
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Corwin wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:25 am He drops the cleaner unit into the pale and whistles a low tune as he walks.
Corwin follows Rubin and the elf named Leopold. They both enter car two and a bit of chaos is ensuing as a fight takes place. This fight isn’t just a round of fist-i-cufs. One of the two men fights like a feral animal biting and clawing like his life depends on it. The other man simply yells for assistance.

“Somebody help get this crazy guy off me!”
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
John Carter
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by John Carter »

Now that the box is unplugged and the engineer is examining the train's systems to see how they were affected John decides his next step should be to check on Sir Jaspin. Before he goes though he decides to take the opportunity to
Thievery roll 1d8!: [2] = 2 Thievery Wild Die roll 1d6!: [3] = 3 Benny spent for reroll. Thievery roll 1d8!: [3] = 3 Thievery Wild Die roll 1d6!: [1] = 1
so he could eavesdrop on his report to the pilot on his findings and generally keep tabs of what's happening on the Bridge. Unfortunately for John his subject chose that exact wrong moment to move, resulting on the bug landing on the floor. John immediately moves away from the crewman to avoid being bumped into just in case he noticed the bug drop and starts searching for its source.
John Carter
John Carter

Ozy “Oz”

Post by Ozy “Oz” »

PaperDragon wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:03 pm
Corwin wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:25 am He drops the cleaner unit into the pale and whistles a low tune as he walks.
Corwin follows Rubin and the elf named Leopold. They both enter car two and a bit of chaos is ensuing as a fight takes place. This fight isn’t just a round of fist-i-cufs. One of the two men fights like a feral animal biting and clawing like his life depends on it. The other man simply yells for assistance.

“Somebody help get this crazy guy off me!”
Leopold starts pulling arcane energy from the Ethereum while whispering a phrase of power, coalescing it into a ball of energy and
Spellcasting: Activation Roll d12!: [8] = 8 , d6!: [4] = 4 - Bolt (Expert Blaster) + AP 8 = 7 PPE Master of the Arcane -1 with Raise = 6 PPE
Bolt Damage: Expert Blaster 2d12!: [1, 11] = 12 8 AP
firmly. He screams "I need everyone to exit the car in an orderly fashion."
Agent Ozy "Oz" Mandius
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Leopold wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:41 am Leopold starts pulling arcane energy from the Ethereum while whispering a phrase of power, coalescing it into a ball of energy and
Spellcasting: Activation Roll d12!: [8] = 8 , d6!: [4] = 4 - Bolt (Expert Blaster) + AP 8 = 7 PPE Master of the Arcane -1 with Raise = 6 PPE
Bolt Damage: Expert Blaster 2d12!: [1, 11] = 12 8 AP
firmly. He screams "I need everyone to exit the car in an orderly fashion."

Uhhh…

The feral man is hit with enough force to be obliterated. A large hole along with some accompanying (black) blood and gore fly around the car. The car goes deathly silent for a long second until it explodes in screams. People run for the far end of the car from Leopold. Some use the exit behind him but the majority are crammed at the far end as someone tries to open the locked door to the engine car.

A man from Leopold’s left yells to psych himself up, then lunges at him. “You dirty magic user. I knew one of you would snap and kill someone eventually. Raaahhh!”
Note: He clearly looks mad and frantic, not feral.

1d6: [1] = 1

Rubin is a couple steps behind Leopold. He makes a high pitched scream and throws his stack of towels at Leopold’s back. Trying to turn and run he slams into @Corwin bouncing off him and landing on his butt.

@Sarah Winters is slammed by a stampede of people climbing over her and other passengers trying to get to and through the door to the engine car. This door is securely locked and everyone just bounces around and falls onto each other.

In car three Gage and Melvin look at each. Slowly rising a wreching sound draws there attention as a passenger pukes in the aisle.

In the dinning car the Whykin guards look at each then draw thier weapons. “Mister Secretary, Sir Jaspin. There is a disturbance, we need to move to the hover car (the train doesn’t have escape pods but they have there own car in one of the cargo cars.)

Carina’s guards draw their weapons and point them to the ground since the Whykin guards aren’t point them at anyone yet. (They may be human supremacists but they are professionals.) Secretary Hines growls at Carina. “You demon’s whore, what is the meaning of this?”

Carina jerks her head at the secretary. “You limp stick idiot, I’m on the train, why would I do something?”

Hines looks like he wants to slap her into the golden age.

Alllllll of the various spooks jump to their feet and put there hands on various weapons. Even old Bob has a gun, he’s been riding this train for 5 years, back and forth to a cozy desk job at the dock office for imports from Kingsdale.

Taxleia frantically contacts @Klaus von Leibnitz. “I have to grab Carina. Do something to distract people.”

@Corwin Note: Corwin has the code to get to the engine room. Despite the assumption his armor is actually just past the door in a locked elevator that would allow him to get to the roof for combat purposes. The train is also very large meaning the armor can actually walk through it and serve as a riot suppressor incase a supernatural being was on the train and went crazy. I would suggest not using the boom gun. :) For your conveneance there is a neural mace and vibro short-sword next to the Power Armor locker/elevator.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

@John Carter

Whatever chance the engineer had to notice the bug is interrupted by frantic pounding. The noise comes from outside this room so he goes to investigate. At the door to the passenger car he looks at the camera feed of all the people trying to get the door open.

“What the hump?”
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Ozy “Oz”

Post by Ozy “Oz” »

Leopold says, "For Fu%%s sake do you all not know what orderly means?" as the menagerie of people scramble around him, including the idiot who attempted to tackle him and slams into a seat knocking himself unconscious. He, unnervingly calm, walks up to the remains of the man that he "subdued." Let's see if we can see what caused your unfortunate madness. He kneels and examines the ichor like blood, then checks his mouth and body for signs of
Occult: d12!: [7] = 7 , d6!: [2] = 2 ; Healing: d6!: [4] = 4 , d6!: [5] = 5 ; Common Knowledge: d6!: [5] = 5 , d6!: [3] = 3
All Successes!!!!

@John Carter
Click
You are welcome, I got your back on that bug. :lol:
Agent Ozy "Oz" Mandius
John Carter
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by John Carter »

John takes advantage of the sudden distraction from outside to pick up his bug while the engineer is preoccupied. As he pockets the micro-transceiver he glances up at camera feed to see what the situation is. Viewing the crush of frightened people trying in vain to get in, John deduces that the most likely reason for their panic is some sort of attack. Obviously the hacking device was only one part of a larger plan. Whoever was behind it is now moving to the next stage, possibly prematurely in reaction to him unplugging their box.

Focus roll 1d10!: [4] = 4 Focus Wild Die roll 1d6!: [5] = 5
, John charges through the door and the crowd beyond, intent on getting to Sir Jaspin in time to help fend off any assassins or kidnappers before it’s too late.
John Carter
John Carter

Klaus von Leibnitz

PaperDragon wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:57 am
In the dinning car the Whykin guards look at each then draw thier weapons. “Mister Secretary, Sir Jaspin. There is a disturbance, we need to move to the hover car (the train doesn’t have escape pods but they have there own car in one of the cargo cars.)

Carina’s guards draw their weapons and point them to the ground since the Whykin guards aren’t point them at anyone yet. (They may be human supremacists but they are professionals.) Secretary Hines growls at Carina. “You demon’s whore, what is the meaning of this?”

Carina jerks her head at the secretary. “You limp stick idiot, I’m on the train, why would I do something?”

Hines looks like he wants to slap her into the golden age.

Alllllll of the various spooks jump to their feet and put there hands on various weapons. Even old Bob has a gun, he’s been riding this train for 5 years, back and forth to a cozy desk job at the dock office for imports from Kingsdale.

Taxleia frantically contacts Klaus von Leibnitz. “I have to grab Carina. Do something to distract people.”

Just as he's finishing up the triangulation and has IDed the potential source all hell starts breaking loose. As people start to try and push into the dinning car he hears Tax calls for a distraction. With the commotion rising in the other cars he decides cutting off the chaos would be a better solution than adding to it so he moves to cut off the tides. "Ja, get the VIPs to the roof. I vill handle the door." hearing screaming about a wizard attack from the crowd he's confused but rolls with it.
Task Persuasion
Modifiers: None that I know of,
Persuasion d8!!: [1] = 1
Persuasion Wild d6!!: [3] = 3
Free reroll from Charismatic
Persuasion Reroll d8!!: [6] = 6
Persuasion Wild Reroll d6!!: [5] = 5
Rushing to the doorway to the back cars, Klaus starts to yell, "Back vizards! You Vill Not drag me to hell!" as he fires a couple laser shot dramatically into the ceiling. he runs straight into a large human?? maybe a half ogre, right at the door and he yells frantically in the mans face. "They're in here too, quick back that vay."

While the man's reaction isn't as dramatic as he'd hoped, the man-mountain does stop moving into the dinning car and pushes the masses back a bit. Just enough for Klaus to shut the door and laser the latch a few times. Whatever is going on out there can stay out there as far as the hacker is concerned, his job was protecting these folks in here.

Turning away from the door Klaus keeps gun ready and his eyes on Red and the man with the flashy 'ware.
Corwin

Post by Corwin »

Corwin helps Rubin to his feet with one hand while
Notice d6!: [2] = 2 , Wild d6!: [6!, 2] = 8
Leave it to the GM to decide if the notice with a raise (racial ability Vampire Awareness: True Atlanteans may Notice any vampires within line of sight) works with Sarah Impossible Tear
the crowd to try and figure out what the heck is going on.
"Get out of here! Find a safe place to hole up!" he shouts at Rubin shoving him behind himself. Then he proceeds forward.
"One side, one side. You can't get through that door anyway!" Corwin screams uselessly at the crowd while shoving his way forward to the engine room door. Covering the keypad with his body, he quickly punches the code. The second the door opens he slips through and punches the control to slam it shut.
"Do not go out there!" he says to the surprised engineer holding the datapad. "That is a mess you don't want getting in here. Listen, I'm gonna suit up just in case we need some muscle to break up this riot!" With that, he begins clambering into his suit. I'll definitely need that mace! he thinks to himself.
Corwin's .sig

PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

CAR - 2
@Sarah Winters, @John Carter, @Leopold, @Corwin

Car 2 is chaos as everyone tries to escape but unable too. The door to Car 3 (Where Gage of the Tomorrow Legion is) is jammed with people.

Near @Sarah Winters the boy who puked falls on the floor in an epileptic fit.
Oh so long ago, a few posts back. The boy was said to have puked on someone. Now that everyone is climbing all over each other she has disappeared into the mass of people. Until one of them screams. “She’s bitting me! Ahh. Get her off me!”

Across the car someone covered in the gore of the obliterated passenger starts to climb over a chair lunging for another passenger.

Near @Leopold someone else lunges at him but this person growls like a feral beast.
1d6: [5] = 5

@John Carter Finds car 2 a confusing mess. Some people are trying to eat/bite other people. A lot of screaming. Complete disregard for the 6’ personal space rule. And a digital chess board one move away from checkmate! Then he sees Leopold. John has seen him around the Kingsdale Tomorrow Legion offices and likely has a passing familiarity with him. John also knows Gage the Combat Mage is in Car 3.

@Corwin Climbs into the suit while the engineer runs to the pilots cabin.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Ozy “Oz”

Post by Ozy “Oz” »

PaperDragon wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:48 pm Near @Leopold someone else lunges at him but this person growls like a feral beast.
1d6: [5] = 5
Leopold says "Bellum Manu"
Innate Spellcasting of Warriors Gift: Martial Arts 1d12!: [7] = 7 , 1d6!: [1] = 1
He taps into the Arcane, infusing himself with the knowledge of Unarmed Martial Prowess. He easily parries the man lunging at him sending him to the side past him. He
FIghting: d10!: [10!, 10!, 1] = 21 -2 =19, d6!: [4] = 4 , Damage: d12!+d4!+d6!: [1]+[2]+[4] = 7
as he goes by. He then
Fighting: d10!-2: [9]-2 = 7 , d6!: [1] = 1 , Damage: d12!+d4!: [4]+[4!, 1] = 9
. He screams "If you are going to run, run!!! Those here to help seal the car. We must confine these infernal attackers and their contagion." I hope the VIPs are being secured. I wish I knew what channel TL comms were on.
Agent Ozy "Oz" Mandius
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Klaus von Leibnitz wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:00 pm Turning away from the door Klaus keeps gun ready and his eyes on Red and the man with the flashy 'ware.
With the door too car 3 securely shut and the panel destroyed, the dinning car (car 4 in line) is cut off from Car 3. The manual crank is the only way to open the door now.

To say all hell breaks loose is a disservice to hell. You can’t die accidentally. Laser beams crisscross the room. Who dies and who isn’t yet is hard to tell. What @Klaus von Leibnitz did see was Sir Jespin grab Carina to protect her. (He is a Cyber-Knight after all. Carina is not an adventurer. So she’s not some death machine in disguise.) They drop to the floor. In the first volley one of the Corp Guards is dead and a Whykin guard is severely wounded.

Taxleia gets low and moves to Carina.

Since Klaus is paying the most attention to Red and Mr. Perfect Hair he sees their reactions. A woman goes full Were-Panther and jumps Red. They fight each other to prove who’s Kung Fu is superior.

Perfect Hair leaps to action and is forcing his way towards the VIP table. Klaus will have an action before he reaches the table.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Sir Jespin covers Carina. “Come on young lady, looks like we’ll need to find alternate transportation.”

He tries to nudge her to the rear of the car where there is an exit to the cargo cars. It is also the closest exit.

“We have to help Henry, he’s been shot.”

Sir Jespin doesn’t change course. “I’m sorry, but I think he’s dead. He was protecting you, so don’t make his sacrifice worthless by getting yourself killed.”

“I can protect myself! Go help Henry.” A laser bolt hits the floor right i front of her and she screams, startled by the near death.

“Yeah, I gonna just make sure you get to safety first.”
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Damian Crow (yes, Rift’s Mercenaries, Crow’s Commandoes, Damian Crow) looks to his partner. “Leila, stop Red, I’ll go for the target.”

His partner changes into the Were-Panther hybrid form and leaps towards the person referred to as Red.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Leopold wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:07 am I hope the VIPs are being secured. I wish I knew what channel TL comms were on.
Actually I would think he does and have no issue with hand waving that he knows. Start joining forces!
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Everyone get’s one more post. This will be a full attack action.

My next post will include initiative order. When I did PbP with other games initiative was still rather fluid and mostly important for actions against the target your attacking. If posts seem to go past your initiative, I will do what I can to make sure your action is included even if it seems like we flee by it.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Sarah Winters
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sarah Winters »

(actions, however many are allowed with what is going on)

Sarah grabs the boy from the floor and quickly deposits him in a corner seat, away from being trampled. She
Psionics 1d10!!: [4] = 4 Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1 (FA) activating Warrior's Gift (Free Runner, Martial Artist, Martial Warrior - 4 ISP)
, then
Athletics 1d8!!: [3] = 3 Wild 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7 (add +2 for Parkour)
to the woman who had been infected,
Fighting 1d10!!+2: [6]+2 = 8 Wild 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Damage 1d12!!+1d8!!: [7]+[6] = 13 Raise damage if applicable = 1d6!!: [4] = 4 (then) FA Boost Trait (Strength, 1ISP) Psionics 1d10!!: [8] = 8 Wild 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10
without killing her, if possible.
Last edited by Sarah Winters on Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Parry 7 (10/shield)
+1/-1 Arcane Resistance
Sarah Winters
Klaus von Leibnitz

PaperDragon wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:27 am
To say all hell breaks loose is a disservice to hell. You can’t die accidentally. Laser beams crisscross the room. Who dies and who isn’t yet is hard to tell. What @Klaus von Leibnitz did see was Sir Jespin grab Carina to protect her. (He is a Cyber-Knight after all. Carina is not an adventurer. So she’s not some death machine in disguise.) They drop to the floor. In the first volley one of the Corp Guards is dead and a Whykin guard is severely wounded.

Taxleia gets low and moves to Carina.

Since Klaus is paying the most attention to Red and Mr. Perfect Hair he sees their reactions. A woman goes full Were-Panther and jumps Red. They fight each other to prove who’s Kung Fu is superior.

Perfect Hair leaps to action and is forcing his way towards the VIP table. Klaus will have an action before he reaches the table.
Shooting as Mr. Perfect hair
Modifiers: MAP -2, Called shot (go for the eyes!) -2, Cyber +2 calibrated, Cyber -2 points of penalties, Gear (Wilks) +2. Net: +2 Note: I used the wrong modifiers for the called shot, should be -4 not -2.
Shot One
Shooting d8!!+2: [4]+2 = 6 Actually 4
Shooting Wild d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5 Actually 3
Damage 3d6!!+4: [4, 5, 5]+4 = 18
Shot Two, Same modifiers
2nd Shooting d8!!+2: [6]+2 = 8 Actually 6
2nd Shooting Wild d6!!+2: [11!!]+2 = 13 Actually 11
Damage 2 4d6!!+4: [8!!, 4, 4, 1]+4 = 21

As soon as hair-boy starts to move Klaus turns his trusty Wilks on the man. Not being sure if his target has additional hidden enhancements that might toughen him up, Klaus decides to go for a universal soft point, the eyes. His combat and targeting software kicks in, almost making things seem to move slower. His heads up data indicates the targets trajectory and speed, as well as cueing in the quickflex to impending obstructions.

Moving to the side just a bit he adjusts for flying debris and squeezes off a pair of shots. One for each orb. His aim is as true as technology can make it, the laser shots catch the man right in the face. Moving around the edge of the car he keeps as much room as he can (which is not much) between himself and at literal cat fight as he catches up to Sir Jespin and Carina. "Ve go now madam. If Henrey lives the legion do gooders vill help him. He vould not vant you to stay here."
Ozy “Oz”

Post by Ozy “Oz” »

Leopold wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:07 am I hope the VIPs are being secured. I wish I knew what channel TL comms were on.
Oh wait here it is.. He tunes into TL Coms. “Legionnaires! This is Xander Leopold, Legion AAT. Car 2 is under attack by unknown assailants. They are passengers stricken by some ailment making them feral. All Legionnaires at Car 2 doors. Seal them immediately to isolate threat. What is the status of VIPs and Engineer? Over!”
Agent Ozy "Oz" Mandius
Corwin

Post by Corwin »

The faceplate closes with a "shunk" sound as Corwin thinks, I can't walk through that car without killing more people, as tightly packed as it is. I better head to the midsection of the passenger cars...make sure this thing hasn't spread out of control. With a sigh he shoves the vibro-blade into his survival pack that he keeps slung around the armor's torso and resting on the spare ammo drum on his hip and takes the neural mace in hand. Gingerly, he presses the elevator button so as not to crush it. As he rises, he neuro-dials his radio to the train's common frequency, listens for a pause and says, "Thiiis is Sparkles actual, I'm heading topside for mobility. Can somebody give a sitrep on cars 3 & 4. Car 2 is a sh!*show. Over."
Corwin's .sig

PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

UPDATE!!
@Klaus von Leibnitz
(Sorry, I know I was going to give you an action but Perfect Hair isn’t going to do what is expected and I think the reaction to this is more useful than a potshot.

Mr Perfect Hair runs towards the VIP table when Klaus’s laser shot cuts through his head. Chunky bits of metal, flesh, and blood explode against the back wall, behind the bar. What remains of Mr Perfect Hair’s head falls backwards and rolls off the bar into Leeza’s lap. Despite her intense effort yo remain quiet and not draw attention to herself, the half scorched head sends her over the edge with a blood chilling scream.

The now headless Mr Perfect Hair’s body stands in place like a cartoon character with smoke rising from the neck hole.

Then!

Then!!!

Like a badly written horror plot the body starts to move. Sprinting towards his originally intended target. The VIP table.

He slides under a cyborg and slams into the Whykin Guard. Surprising everyone, especially Secretary Hines, Mr. Perfect Hair throws Secretary Hines over his shoulder…headless body…Shoulder Stump! Hines’s face pales as the headless man, manhandles him like a rag doll.

(He’s facing the back of the car, towards the rear exit.)
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Leopold wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:25 pm He tunes into TL Coms. “Legionnaires! This is Xander Leopold, Legion AAT. Car 2 is under attack by unknown assailants. They are passengers stricken by some ailment making them feral. All Legionnaires at Car 2 doors. Seal them immediately to isolate threat. What is the status of VIPs and Engineer? Over!”
The radio crackles and a voice is like Sean Connery comes over. “This is Gage of the Legion. Car 3 is becoming a no go zone and we are cut off from the dinning car. Does anyone have an idea what is wrong with these people?”

“This is Scarlet, Bank Security, I’m in the dinning car. The VIP is alive but it’s everyone is shooting each other.”

Gages voice comes over the radio again. “There is a second Bank Security Agent? Who is all on this Channel? Sound off.”
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Corwin wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:30 am "Thiiis is Sparkles actual, I'm heading topside for mobility. Can somebody give a sitrep on cars 3 & 4. Car 2 is a sh!*show. Over."
The trains pilot comes over Corwin’s radio. “There’s a bunch of chatter on the Tomorrow Legion frequency. “I’ll patch you in.”

The comms switch as the pilot patches the train communications into the Tomorrow Legion frequency. “This is Pilot Hanson, I…I brought security onto your frequency.”
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

GM- This is a good opportunity for everyone to call out so you guys can start coordinating or at least communicating.

On Comms
  • Gage - Kingsdale Tomorrow Legion District Coordinator.
    Scarlet - Red head in death match with werepanther.
    Leopold, John on comms.
    Klaus overhearing.
    Corwin added by pilot.
Current objective is assess the situation.

Engineer car - secured
Car 2 - Leopold, Sarah, John
Car 3 - Gage
Car 4, Dinning Car - Klaus
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Corwin

Post by Corwin »

"Gage, this is Spa.... this is Corwin, train security. Did you say car 3 is a no go? Car 2 is a throng of slavering crazy people. What the heck is going on?"

Hanson must be affiliated with this... Legion. Remember that for later. I think I've heard of these guys.
Corwin's .sig

Sarah Winters
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sarah Winters »

(in response to Leopold over TL frequency)

Winters...Roger...

(sound of thudding as Sarah plants the assailant into the floor of the car)

THAT!

Parry 7 (10/shield)
+1/-1 Arcane Resistance
Sarah Winters
John Carter
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by John Carter »

As John runs through Car 2 he overhears Leopold giving a report to other Legionnaires. Unfortunately electronic devices become temporarily inert while he's intangible so he can't reply back or hear any other replies over the com channel. What he did hear from the elf is quite concerning. If something is happening in Dining Car then the VIPs are in real trouble. He continues
Running roll 1d6: [4] = 4 Running Wild Die roll 1d6: [1] = 1 Pace is increased to 10, which means he moves 20 yards
to get there before its too late.
Last edited by John Carter on Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Carter
John Carter

Klaus von Leibnitz

Bank agents, Legionairs, Crow's Commandoes. Is there anyone not here? He thought as he tuned to what was becoming general comms for the defending team and speaks up. "Von Leibnitz, Miraculous Security. Attackers in dinning car but 2 of 3 VIPs nearly clear. Hines is lag..." He cuts short when he turns to check on Hines and sees what he thought to be a teetering corpse when he rushed past it was still, not only alive but has the Whykin secretary of state slung over the gushing stump between it's shoulders.

He continues at first his tone is a bit shocked, but it returns quickly to cool professionality. "Gott in Himmel. A headless cyborg, at least I hope that's what it is, has Hines. It's headed for the back door."
Corwin

Post by Corwin »

Klaus von Leibnitz wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:26 pm He continues at first his tone is a bit shocked, but it returns quickly to cool professionality. "Gott in Himmel. A headless cyborg, at least I hope that's what it is, has Hines. It's headed for the back door."
"Von... Leebnizz? Did you say headless cyborg?!?!" Well that's new! thinks Corwin as he gently dials up his stabilizers to keep him steady as he strides down the train towards the dining car.

As he walks he
Notice 1d6!+2: [3]+2 = 5 Wild 1d6+2: [4]+2 = 6
his sensor suite array compensating for his distraction as he thinks, I wonder how the cyborg became headless. Do they make them that way now?
Corwin's .sig

PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

@Corwin His armors electromagnets grip the hull of the hover train and keep him from falling off. A nice upgrade to his armor provided by the company that hired him for security. The magnets are strong enough the Glitterboy doesn’t need to use the laser pylons when standing on the hull and firing the boom gun.
His suit sensors come back with nothing out of the ordinary. At the edge of the car a short walkway extends from each car offering a bridge across. As boring as it sounds, Corwin can reach the Dining car with little trouble beyond what he would normally encounter walking along the trains hull. The elevator is a pad that will lower into a similar storage/elevator as the one the GB was stored in. There is one at each end of the cars. Similar to modern train cars at each end of the car is an entrance to the next car. A bathroom (because this is more than twice the width of a regular train the bathrooms are actually a wash room with three sinks and mirror down one side and 3 toilet rooms across from the sink/mirrors.) and this large Storage/Elevator. (I, as the GM, assume Corwin is entering the dinning car at the “far end”. This would be closest to VIPs and the connection to the cargo cars. As a note, this is the path that the headless cyborg, with one Whykin Secretary of State thrown over the stump, is heading too. I’m not saying Glitterboy + Perfectly timed elevator door opening + Headless Cyborg + Overly Detailed Bathroom Description means there is going to be a bathroom fight, it’s just an available option.

@Sarah Winters and @Leopold see each other in the car putting two and two together that they are on the same side and radio frequency. The situation they face is a train that is about 2/3rds normal people, 1/3 raging feral zombie people. Like the other cars there are bathrooms at either end that can offer shelter. The door to car 3, containing Gage is shut but based in his description may be in worse shape then their car. The elevator/storage room by the bathrooms and exit to the next car is marked as an emergency exit so they also know that is a route out of the car. Granted, to the roof of the car, so “emergency” is highly stressed. Both washrooms (with the three toilet rooms) has a secure door that separates it from the main car. (Incase someone who did there duty, overwhelms the toilet room fan’s.) Note: To piggy back off what is in Corwin’s description. The elevators/Storage/Emergency Exits are large enough to store power armor and get them to the roof incase of attack. Taking the elevator and walking across the roof is how the Glitterboy got from the engine car to the dinning car.

@John Carter is making his way through Car 3. It’s a chaotic as Gage described. People attacking and fighting each other in a massive brawl. A clump of people at the entrance to the dining car (car 4) is shoving, biting, and clawing each other. A large Orc seems to go back and forth between beating the door to slamming a rage monster against the wall. He also seems to be screaming about squishing some noseless Quickflex, but you don’t see any of there species in this car.
Gage is a combat mage and seems to be making magic barriers to attempt to cage the feral people in a kiddy playzone away from the remaining normal people. Gage talks to someone named Marvin who is a large burley man pulling crazy people off normal people and tossing them towards Gage’s Feral People play zone.
If John continues past Car 3 he see what Klaus sees.

@Klaus von Leibnitz see Damion Crow fight his way towards the VIP table he has already fired at the table.
A success makes clear he is trying to shoot Carina (who is currently being physically protected by Sir Jespin). A raise tips him off that the next shot will be precise enough to hit her despite the cyber-knight doing his level best to be a living wall. (Anyone who wants to tell the VIP diplomat to stop using himself as a human shield is free to do so.)

Beyond Damion Crow. There is a large Cyborg, with a Cowboy Hat shoving his way towards the VIP table. A large knife that looks more advanced then your average vibro-blade twirls in his hand. He conveniently sings “Cyber-Knight, Cyber-Knight, come out and play.”
Human 4 (Bearded and Beautiful) snaps the neck of someone trying to tackle him and then draws his gun, aiming for the VIP table.
A success confirms he’s aiming for the remaining Corp Security Guard that was protecting Carina. A raise notices something on him. (No spoilers)

Human 1 (Mega-City Hair) melds into the mass of people.
A success finds him in the crowd. A raise determines his objective, the VIP table!

Red and Leila of Crow’s Commandoes are in a action movie, wall leaping, martial arts throw-down that would likely be really fun to watch.

Feral Rage People Notice Checks.
A success makes clear this spreads by people getting the black goop into their system. Both classic zombie biting and if they puke the black goop into peoples faces. A raise tells you something about their behavior. (Sorry, no spoilers)

Note: Notice Checks, choose one for free.
Everyone can perform a move and regular action. Running would get people in Car 2, all the way to car 4, if the choose too, but would be the entire action.

Corwin
1d56: [42] = 42

Sarah
1d56: [44] = 44

Leopold
1d56: [49] = 49

John
1d56: [5] = 5

Klaus
1d56: [55] = 55

NPCs (Crow, Cowboy Hat Cyborg, Human 1 and 4, headless guy)
1d56: [44] = 44
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Klaus von Leibnitz

Notice
Modifiers: Cyber eyes +2. Net +2
Notice d8!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Notice Wild d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
As things continue to devolve Klaus notices several passengers making for the VIPs with ill intent, including Damien Crow himself. Yelling out to his friend "Tax, TK the Kitty out the vindow please while I greet Herr Crow." Taking aim at the mercenary leader's head he fires another pair of shots hoping to cut the head off the snake.
Shooting Crow twice, Shot one 14 damage AP2, Shot two 24 damage AP2
Modifiers: Called shot -4, MAP -2, Calibrated +2, Penalty reduction +2, Gear +2, Joker +2. Net +2 (for real this time)
Shooting 1 d8!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Shooting 1 Wild d6!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Damage 2 2d6!!+6: [4, 4]+6 = 14
Shooting 2 d8!!+2: [6]+2 = 8
Shooting 2 Wild d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Damage 1 4d6!!+6: [3, 2, 5, 1]+6 = 17
Damage reroll 4d6!!+6: [5, 4, 5, 4]+6 = 24
Ozy “Oz”

Post by Ozy “Oz” »

Leopold scans the train car. Seeing Sarah states into coms “If you can hear me girl with Raven hair, you look like you can handle yourself. Help me end this madness. We need to put these things down.” Why saying this he attempts take out two more. He
Bolt - Spellcasting: d12!-2: [12!, 12!, 1]-2 = 23 , d6!-2: [5]-2 = 3 Damage: 2d10!: [1, 1] = 2 , plus d6!: [6!, 5] = 11 for raise, Total: 13 damage, 2AP
one of the “ferals” off of one of the “normies.” He then sends another
Bolt - Spellcasting: d12!-2: [10]-2 = 8 , d6!-2: [2]-2 = 0 Damage: 2d10!: [5, 2] = 7 , plus d6!: [3] = 3 for raise, Total 10 Damage, 2AP
at another feral working his way to the middle of the car.
Agent Ozy "Oz" Mandius
Corwin

Post by Corwin »

As the elevator door "shissh"es open, Corwin is surprised to see Greasy Hair Hines lopped over the weird headless cyborg. He thoughfully engages the COMMs so the other apparent guardians are aware of what might be about to go down. "They do exist! Uhh, hey there, uhh Headless Guy. I can't let you waltz outta here with Greasy Hair Hines like that. You're gonna need to put him down."

Corwin adjust his grip on the mace in his hand, resulting in metallic "tic, tic, tic" sounds as his fingers clink. He
holds
Corwin is not sure if he has initiative here, as he notes that both Sarah and the NPC's seem to have Queen of Spades. Secretly, Corwin hopes that his Queen of Diamonds beats Headless Guy, if the power controlling the universe values this small insight!
He also wonders to himself if we all have an extra Benny now thanks to Klaus' Joking around.
any action though, waiting on the response of Headless Guy.
Corwin's .sig

Sarah Winters
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sarah Winters »

Sarah straightens up and pauses for just an instant to catch @Leopold 's eye contact, though that instant seems like several seconds.

He's a charmer, that one.

Put them down? Like animals? They're victims. Do we even know what this is, or if it is permanent? Tellya what, try to not turn them all into puddles and I'll find you a puppy you can stomp on later.

(click of communicator response)

Uh, recommend we try to restrain a few of the innocent civilians just in case this condition is reversible.

(clicks off)

Fighting
forgot to add +2 for MA/MW so add 2 to these rolls
Fighting 1d12!!+1: [5]+1 = 6
Wild 1d6!!+1: [8!!]+1 = 9

Damage 1d12!!+1+1d8!!: [7]+1+[2] = 10
Raise damage 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Leopold wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:02 pm Leopold scans the train car. Seeing Sarah states into coms “If you can hear me girl with Raven hair, you look like you can handle yourself. Help me end this madness. We need to put these things down.” Why saying this he attempts take out two more. He
Bolt - Spellcasting: d12!-2: [12!, 12!, 1]-2 = 23 , d6!-2: [5]-2 = 3 Damage: 2d10!: [1, 1] = 2 , plus d6!: [6!, 5] = 11 for raise, Total: 13 damage, 2AP
one of the “ferals” off of one of the “normies.” He then sends another
Bolt - Spellcasting: d12!-2: [10]-2 = 8 , d6!-2: [2]-2 = 0 Damage: 2d10!: [5, 2] = 7 , plus d6!: [3] = 3 for raise, Total 10 Damage, 2AP
at another feral working his way to the middle of the car.

Parry 7 (10/shield)
+1/-1 Arcane Resistance
Sarah Winters
John Carter
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by John Carter »

Dashing through Car 3, John spots his fellow Legionnaire Gage attempting to contain the chaos that is the horde of feral people. In ordinary circumstances he'd go support his colleague but their current mission's priorities require that he continue on to the Dining Car. In order to preserve the peace the diplomats have to be protected at all costs.

As John enters Car 4 he sees a number of individuals focused on Sir Jaspin's table, including the notorious mercenary Damion Crow. Once fully in the room he becomes tangible in order to attack those threatening the Cyber-Knight. Overhearing some Quickflex with an accent that reminds him of the German wing of Yuro station say that he'll take care of Crow, John
Notice roll 1d8!: [7] = 7 Notice Wild Die roll 1d6!: [4] = 4 . With +4 to sight-based checks thanks to SARAH the final result is 11, which is a Success and a Raise.
toward the bearded guy aiming at the table with a gun.

Discerning that the gunman's intended target isn't Sir Jaspin, John decides to focus his attention on the cyborg wearing a cowboy hat openly taunting the cyber-knight with a knife. He takes a position right behind a Whykin guard and aims over his shoulder at the man. He figures that unless someone happens to be looking in the right direction at the right time they'll mistakenly think his shots came from the guard, thus keeping his presence undiscovered. And in case someone does notice him and decides to shoot back he'll have the benefit of the guard as cover in addition to his invisibility. Once he's satisfied with the firing solution he's lined up, John
If there are any range penalties, a +2 is applied to offset them. Shooting roll 1d8!: [3] = 3 Shooting Wild Die roll 1d6!: [3] = 3 +4 to Shooting and -2 for MaP makes the final result 5. Damage roll 3d6!: [4, 2, 5] = 11 AP 5. Shooting roll 1d8!: [2] = 2 Shooting Wild Die roll 1d6!: [6!, 4] = 10 +4 to Shooting and -2 for MaP makes the final result 12. Damage roll 3d6!: [4, 3, 3] = 10 Damage Bonus Die roll 1d6!: [5] = 5 (So 15 for damage unless penalties somehow reduce the result below 8, in which case it will be a 10 for damage) AP 5.
Last edited by John Carter on Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
John Carter
John Carter

PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Klaus von Leibnitz wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:24 pm Taking aim at the mercenary leader's head he fires another pair of shots hoping to cut the head off the snake.
Bennie 1d10=10; soak 2. 1 Wound and Shaken

Damian notices the gun out of the corner of his eye. Throwing his arm up to protect his head he prays the very expensive armored clothes protects him.

“Don’t fail me now, clothes that cost more than my power armor!”

The beam cuts past his arm, slicing across the back of his head leaving seared flesh and a line void if hair. The hit dazes him and he trips over another body on the ground.

“Prosek’s shriveled balls!”

The Were Jaguar roars and barrels through people to get to Damian. She picks him up like a rag doll and looks for an exit.
Dice rolls
1d10: [10] = 10
1d8!!: [4] = 4
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

@Leopold

A “normie” dives past Leopold escaping from to Ferals. They charge Leopold teeth first.

1d6: [1] = 1

Tripping over his feet he lands head first into a pointy object.

1d6: [6] = 6 , Damage= 1d6: [1] = 1

The Feral bumps into Leopold almost hugging him. At least that’s the closest comparison Leopold could come too as the attack barely registers. Only the black blood/goop smeared in him seems to be the true result of the failed attack.

From the far corner away from Leopold and Sarah a wave forms as 10 Feral's climb and jump over seats towards Leopold and the end of the car attached to the hover engine. Their attention focused in that direction as there are no more “normies” for them to attack.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Sarah Winters wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:52 pm
Damage 1d12!!+1+1d8!!: [7]+1+[2] = 10
Raise damage 1d6!!: [5] = 5
[/inline]
[ge: 2d10!: [1, 1] = 2 , plus d6!: [6!, 5] = 11 for raise, Total: 13 damage, 2AP[/inline] one of the “ferals”
The Feral gets a good brain rattling and falls over half heartedly pawing at a chair.

The man next to her nods. “Thank’s. Should we hide in the bathroom? It doesn’t look like we can get in the hover engine.”
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

@Sarah Winters

1d10!!: [7] = 7

1d6!!: [1] = 1

Eviscerator Notices someone or thing trying to access its systems.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

@Corwin
Corwin has the initiative but I’m going to take a speaking action.

Hines struggles in the headless mans arms. “Save me you idiot, this thing is trying to kidnap me.”

A radio signal. “That is incorrect, I am taking the Secretary to safety aboard the armored hover car. He will then be able to escape.”

Since we are squeezing in just a bit more info. Corwin can make a Notice check.
Success, his instincts are not assauged. Let me know if you get a raise
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Sarah Winters
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sarah Winters »

Make sure there is no one infected in there, but ideally, yes.

Speed with Exalted Quickness (5 ISP)

FA Psionics (Speed) 1d10!!: [2] = 2

Reroll because that was pathetic (1 benny)
Psionics 1d10!!: [4] = 4

PaperDragon wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:56 pm

The Feral gets a good brain rattling and falls over half heartedly pawing at a chair.

The man next to her nods. “Thank’s. Should we hide in the bathroom? It doesn’t look like we can get in the hover engine.”

Parry 7 (10/shield)
+1/-1 Arcane Resistance
Sarah Winters
Corwin

Post by Corwin »

Corwin
Notice 1d6! + 2: [5] = 5 Wild 1d6! + 2: [2] = 2
This seems important so spend a benny: Notice 1d6! + 2: [2] = 2 Wild 1d6! + 2: [2] = 2
I suspect I should not have spaces in these rolls since they are coming up 2s
Notice without spaces 1d6!+2: [1]+2 = 3 Wild without spaces 1d6+2: [2]+2 = 4
OK I'm calling this a success, but no raise.

momentarily, but continues to stand in the way of Headless.
Corwin's .sig

PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

John Carter wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:32 pm Once he's satisfied with the firing solution he's lined up, John
If there are any range penalties, a +2 is applied to offset them. Shooting roll 1d8!: [3] = 3 Shooting Wild Die roll 1d6!: [3] = 3 +4 to Shooting and -2 for MaP makes the final result 5. Damage roll 3d6!: [4, 2, 5] = 11 AP 5. Shooting roll 1d8!: [2] = 2 Shooting Wild Die roll 1d6!: [6!, 4] = 10 +4 to Shooting and -2 for MaP makes the final result 12. Damage roll 3d6!: [4, 3, 3] = 10 Damage Bonus Die roll 1d6!: [5] = 5 (So 15 for damage unless penalties somehow reduce the result below 8, in which case it will be a 10 for damage) AP 5.
The armor of the Cyborg protects Cow-Borg but the attach doesn’t go unnoticed. Flipping the knife he throws it at the Whykin guard, imbedding it deep in the guards chest. The momentum pushes the guard into John Carter. (Agility or Strength to not be knocked down.)

Cow-borg draws another knife, but when he looks for Sir Jespin, the whilly knight is pulling Carina towards the rear exit. (The location of the Glitterboy, Headless guy, and Secretary Hines.)
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Recap
Corwin blocks the headless man from entering the next car. Corwin notice check gives him a vibe that the headless man is only speaking a half truth in regards to saving Secretary Hines.

John Carter shoots a borg, who returns the favor by throwing a knife into the person Carter made to seem to shoot the borg. I believe John also noticed someone with a nasty bite make and blood that seems to be a mix of black goop and blood.

Klaus leaves Damain Crow with a new hairdo and his Were Jaguar companion abandons her death march to protect him.

Sarah assists several people in her attempt to subdue the feral combatants.

Leopold fends off Feral's and attempts to direct people to exits.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Car 2
@Sarah Winters
@Leopold

Leopold looks at a group of 20 feral people running, jumping, and clamoring over seats towards him. This wave heads towards the “front” of the car that is past Leopold. Adding to the problems, near him, a teenager hides between seats rather than flee from the wave.

At the “front” of the car Sarah has assisted in subduing the few Ferals among a group of 10 passengers that tried to enter the hover engine. The bathroom is deemed clear and people start to push in, when the door to the hover engine unlocks and swooshes open. No one stands on the otherside of the door.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Car 3

@John Carter
@Klaus von Leibnitz
@Corwin

Corwin stands in the path of the headless man carrying Secretary Hines.

Secretary Hines. “Shoot this thing you glorified mall cop.”

The Headless Guy. “It would be in your best interest to let me by.”

Next to the headless man Sir Jespin steps up with Carina. Carina mutters quietly. “I could be in a business meeting. People don’t pull guns in business meetings.”

Sir Jespin looks at the Glitter Boy. “Is this way safe?”

John Carter finds himself being between a murderous Cow-Borg and his murder target Sir Jespin. The stabbed Whykin guard is thrown across the car into the Altara Warrioress Taxleia. The cow-borg is literally moving through John’s space. Tangible or not.

Klaus see some one fly across the car and hit Taxleia as she was just getting close to Carina. A stray laser bolt zooms past his head.

Success the fight is becoming much more vicious. A raise causes you to notice the man with the beautiful beard is now attempting to tackle Klaus from his blindside. You should prob tell Klaus if he doesn’t notice.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Ozy “Oz”

Post by Ozy “Oz” »

PaperDragon wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:16 pm Car 2
@Sarah Winters
@Leopold

Leopold looks at a group of 20 feral people running, jumping, and clamoring over seats towards him. This wave heads towards the “front” of the car that is past Leopold. Adding to the problems, near him, a teenager hides between seats rather than flee from the wave.

At the “front” of the car Sarah has assisted in subduing the few Ferals among a group of 10 passengers that tried to enter the hover engine. The bathroom is deemed clear and people start to push in, when the door to the hover engine unlocks and swooshes open. No one stands on the otherside of the door.
Leopold watches the group of Ferals cluster up and a smile forms on his lips. He begins the words of a spell his arms moving in rotation as he draws up a large ball of Arcane Energy. "Crepitus Arcanus!!!!!!" . The Ball of Arcane Energy moves forward into the middle of shuffling mob. He uses his arcane Knowledge to keep the teen, himself and his apparent ally (Sarah) from feeling its effects. When the ball enters the feral mob it
Blast: Blaster Modifier (2d8 MDC, 1 AP) +2 PPE, Selective Modifier +3 PPE Spellcasting: d12!: [12!, 8] = 20 , d6!: [1] = 1 , Damage: 2d8!+1d6!: [4, 2]+[4] = 10
in a ball of arcane energy carving out the three friendlies in the blast radius. If they are no more he will gather up the Teen and Sarah and begin moving to assist the folks in Car 3. If there are some still standing he will ready him self in a defensive stance for the impending onslaught.
Agent Ozy "Oz" Mandius
Corwin

Post by Corwin »

"It certainly seems safer than the other direction Sir," Corwin rotates to allow Sir Jespin to pass.

"Not you," he says to Headless. "Apparently Greasy's never seen what glitter guns do to bystanders." With that he give a
Neural Mace Touch attack 1d4+2: [2]+2 = 4 Wild 1d6+2: [4]+2 = 6
No damage as this is a touch attack, but check Vigor at –2 (–4 with a raise) or be Stunned
to Headless.

Then he
Notice d6+2: [6]+2 = 8 Wild d6+2: [1]+2 = 3
at the other action.
"Watch out Von Leebnets!" he points with the mace in the direction of the Quick Flex's attacker.
Corwin's .sig

Sarah Winters
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sarah Winters »

Noticing the previously very-secure door to the locomotive has now opened, Sarah immediately steps into the doorway (blocking it) to ascertain the situation and identify any occupants of the engine.

(remainder of post TBD)

Parry 7 (10/shield)
+1/-1 Arcane Resistance
Sarah Winters
John Carter
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by John Carter »

Deciding to kill two birds with one stone, John attempts to throw one problem at another. If everything goes right the element of surprise should enable him to grab the cowboy and use his own momentum against him, redirecting him at high speed into the guy with the beard.

If what he suspects is true, beard guy will automatically go into a feral rage and attack the cyborg, keeping them both too occupied with each other to harm the VIPs and any friendlies in the room before they can both be shot dead.
OOC Comments
Athletics to Grapple roll 1d8!: [8!, 8!, 6] = 22
Athletics Wild Die to Grapple roll 1d6!: [2] = 2
Probably doesn't matter but John should probably get +4 bonus for having The Drop, which would make the total 26. I doubt Cowboy is expecting to be suddenly grabbed and judo thrown by an invisible attacker. Cowboy has to win an opposed Athletics roll against John to successfully defend.
John Carter
John Carter

PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

In car 2 the open doorway to the hover engine reveals the hallway is lit by emergency lighting. The feeling of disquiet even stops the panicked passengers. Only the explosion of a dozen feral people, from Leopold’s magic blast, pulls from them from their stupor.

A woman in the group of survivors sighs. “By the great flying pasta, are we safe?”

Then the door to car 3 opens. Feral’s from car 3 stream into car 2. The passengers scream and rush into the hover engine.

Car 4 begins to go from fight club to walking dead. The cowboy hat wearing cyborg flips into the man with an impressive beard, Human 4. The growl from the manly bearded man is a clear sign the feral problem is spreading to Car 4.

Wrenching sounds come from the door to car 3. Motors groan until the door wrenches open a few inches. The door isn’t open enough to let anyone through but arms flail trying to grab anyone close enough.

On the other side of car 4, the door to the cargo cars makes a loud noise as magnets clamp down locking the door.
To make things worse! The dead people are rolling around on the floor like they are not quite as dead anymore. One drags it’s body through John Carter (is John solid?). Near Klaus, one tries to
1d6: [3] = 3
while other feral try to grapple any of the other normals.

Headless Man
1d12+2: [6]+2 = 8

Secretary Hines
1d10: [7] = 7

The jolt hits the headless man and he jerks. The jolt goes through the headless borg and hits Secretary Hines. The universe is mercilessly saved from Secretary Hine’s whining.

@John Carter,
1d56: [7] = 7

@Sarah Winters,
1d56: [7] = 7

@Corwin,
1d56: [3] = 3 , Quick 1d56: [7] = 7 , Quick 1d56: [22] = 22

@Klaus von Leibnitz,
1d56: [34] = 34 , Quick 1d56: [4] = 4 , Quick 1d56: [34] = 34

@Leopold,
1d56: [40] = 40

Headless Guy,
1d56: [54] = 54

Cheeseburger
1d56: [54] = 54

All Others,
1d56: [4] = 4
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

The entire situation starts to intensify as people in car 3 will begin rushing car 2 and several people in Car 4 are already starting to turn. Everyone can see the writing in the wall. In car 2, the wave coming through the door of car 3 is going to be too large for a single blast to stop all of them. Expect to be in hand to hand.

In car four there are 25 people in the car. (Less PCs)
Sir Jespin and Carina stand near the Glitter Boy and the far exit that just magnetically shut.

Headless dude and Hines stand near the Glitter Boy and the universe is a much happier place no that Hines is unconscious. Notice check to see something in his hand.

Scarlet leaps over the bar and lands near Leeza. They stay low away from any gun fire still occurring.

Human 7 with Wind blown hair is hiding under a table a notice check reveal he is cursing and furiously working in a tablet computer. Things like “POS, who ever you are I’m gonna shove those hard-dives so far up you ass they’ll declare you a cyborg.”

Elf 6 shoots a man with her pistol putting a large hole in it. This seems to not stop it as it continues to grapple her. A notice check sees she already has bite marks, but … we’ll see if you get a raise.

Human 4 with his manly beard covered in black foopy blood is basically puking the stuff down the Cow-Borg’s neck. Hopefully that cyborg body is water tight.

Human 6… wait, did we kill him? I’ll have to check. Ok, I think he’s still alive. Human 6 with the mega-city hair cut is shooting at Sir Jespin, through another guy.
Shooting 1d8-2: [6]-2 = 4 , 1d8-2: [8]-2 = 6 , 1d8-2: [8]-2 = 6 , Wild 1d6-2: [4]-2 = 2

2d8: [4, 7] = 11 , 2d8: [5, 3] = 8 , 2d8: [1, 5] = 6

1 attack gets through his armor but he spends a benny to not be shaken.

Note: This character has a two of spades. This is his action on his “turn.”

Damian Crow is tossed over his WereJaguar GF’s shoulder and she barrels towards the front entrance of car three (the one that is partly open, with arms now flailing) seeming to make a run for the elevator to the roof. (Elevator to roof is next to each door, just to keep that tidbit known.)

Taxliea fights off two dead people. One has grabbed her leg and the other her waist. The clothing she wears is protecting her from the basic bite attacks but they are attempting to drag her to the ground.

That may be all the various threads going on.

If your would like to make notice checks as a free action I’ll toss out more clues.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Corwin

Post by Corwin »

Corwin does his best to interpose his shiny form between Sir Jespin and further harm.

Not really that big on science, but with laymen's knowledge of ley lines and magic from his upbringing, Corwin suspects the black goop to have something to do with all the madness, he just doesn't know what it might be. "Uh, folks, anybody know what's up with this black goop everybody seems to be... puking, or bleeding. Doesn't seem quite normal." he says over the "Legion" comm channel.

Notice d6!: [2] = 2 Wild d6!: [3] = 3
Spends a Benny (with Elan so +2) Notice d6!+2: [1]+2 = 3 Wild d6!+2: [5]+2 = 7
catches his eye...
Corwin's .sig

PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

Sorry for a post that may be redundant. This is a summary of important things that have been noted in previous posts.

Black Goop - The people who are Feral bleed black goopy blood and also seem to spread it by biting or just plain puking it up.

Elevators - Each Car has an elevator at each end of the car.

Cargo Locked - The Door to the Cargo car (from car 4) is locked.

Doors Wide Open - Doors between Hover Engine, Car 2, and Car 3 are wide open.

Door Jammed - The Door from car 3 to car 4 is a few inches open. Feral people are reaching through.

Not supposed to be there - A box was plugged into computer ports in the Hover Engine. Currently removed.

Cheeseburger - The engineer’s data pad was scrolling the word cheeseburger after pulling the strange box from the computer port.

Hero! - Sir Jespin is protecting Carina and putting her safety first.

Headless - A headless cyborg (we’ll just reveal it is a robot or cyborg now) is trying to get through the locked door to the cargo cars, and carrying Secretary Hines.

Magical Drinks - Leeza the bartender/alchemist is hiding behind the bar. Current joined by Scarlet, who works for an Organization call The Central Bank.

Caw Caw. Bang, Fuck I have a horrible head wound! - Damian Crow is being carried by the Were Jaguar to the elevator at Car 3 - Car 4 entrance.

Keybord Commando - Human 7 with wavy hair is hiding and furiously working on his computer. (Un-Noticed)
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Sarah Winters
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sarah Winters »

Sarah remains in the doorway, refusing to let anyone into the locomotive who is obviously infected. She quckly scans the visible area for any creature that might be in the locmotive and a threat to the cviliians.

She orders the fleeing passengers to inform her if anyone else is in the engine, and, as they go by her, quickly to scan and identify anyone showing wounds as she will not allow them to pass. While imperfect at best, it might allow saving some of them.

Tell me who else is up there and for your own sake, don't let anyone who's been wounded get in there or you will all suffer the same fate!

She turns to face the horde.

Unwise.

Shut it.

00201d60021
Notice 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Wild 1d6!!: [9!!] = 9

FA Activate Greater Deflection Psionics 1d10!!: [3] = 3

opponents -4 to hit melee (4 ISP)

Three actions, no MAP, +2 for MA/MW
Fighting 1d12!!+1: [2]+1 = 3
Wild 1d6!!+1: [4]+1 = 5

Fighting 1d12!!+1: [10]+1 = 11
Wild 1d6!!+1: [1]+1 = 2

Damage 1d12!!+1+1d8!!: [6]+1+[14!!] = 21
Damage 1d12!!+1+1d8!!: [4]+1+[14!!] = 19

Raise Damages if applicable:
Raise #1 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Raise #2 1d6!!: [1] = 1

last action held and may be used to close the engine door if passengers are passed and reaonably secure, or fighting if needed.

Last edited by Sarah Winters on Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Parry 7 (10/shield)
+1/-1 Arcane Resistance
Sarah Winters
PaperDragon

Post by PaperDragon »

@Corwin
The headless cyborg tries to hide taking a small cylinder from the pocket of Secretary Hines. It is about the size of a pen with a clicking mechanism at one end. The implications of a handheld device with a button are numerous and obvious.

Then, as the self described savior of Secretary Hines, he inexplicably tosses the Secretary onto Sir Jespin. (Standard action to throw and then move action.) The headless body the backs into the crowd as those with wild eyes and drooling black goop seem to suddenly realize Sir Jespin, Secretary Hines, and Corina exist.
Paper beats rock.
1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts