Lost Jungle Reboot

New games (Savage or otherwise) are posted here.
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Lost Jungle Reboot

Post by Technospawn »

I am rebooting Lost Jungles for 2Q23 (April 1st). Current players have first dibs then open to all other players.

Currently the teams are in Mexico and heading south to find an ancient artifact that could help in the fight against the vamps.

There will only be 2 teams this time.

CS
1 Henry
2 Frida Bishop
3 Fyndahl
4 Corwin
5 Griffin
6 Ankle Biter
7 Bull Moose

Everyone Else
1 Persephone
2 Hero
3 John Carter
4 Timmy
5 Arn
6 Mike
7 Jose
8 Jade

Waiting for a spot
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
John Carter
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Lost Jungle Reboot

Post by John Carter »

John Carter reporting for duty.

EDIT: Got a question that I realized that other people than myself might be interested in knowing the answer to. For those of us who are insterested in returning, do we have to play the same version of the character we originally played or could we rejoin with a tweaked or even very different version.

I myself would be happy with Original Recipe John but I am very tempted by the Mega-Super version.

If it matters at all, looking at everything that John did and what happened to him in the game, nothing occurred that wouldn't be possible for either version.
Last edited by John Carter on Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:14 am, edited 6 times in total.
John Carter
John Carter

Bennies: 3/3 Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue: 0/3 Conviction: 0

Jack-Of-All-Trades Skill: Driving d4
Persephone
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Persephone »

Your friendly Atlantean Stone Master is on board
Cheatsheet
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)

Academics (Smrt): d6
Athletics (Agil): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Climbing)
Common Knowledge (Smrt): d4
Fighting (Agil): d4
Language: American (Smrt): d4
Language: Spanish (Smrt): d4
Language: Atlantean (Smrt): d8
Language: Draconic/Elven: d4 (CK)
Notice (Smrt): d4
Occult (Smrt): d10 (Scholar +2, Armband +2)
 Persuasion (Spir): d4
Research (Smrt): d10
Spellcasting (Smrt): d10 (Staff +1)
 Stealth (Agil): d4 (Armor +2)
Survival (Smrt): d4 (NG-S2 +1 Hunting & Navigation)
Shooting (Agil): d4 (-2 Unskilled, +1 Wilk's Classic)

+2 Occult, Notice and Survival vs. Vampires, +2 on Networking and Research rolls to expose or locate Vampires, their allies and their nests

PPE: 32/32 (Personal), 10/10 (Staff of Power) - Recovery: 10/hour

Bennies 3/3

Staff: Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two-handed --Channel 2 PPE to make it MegaDamage, No Non-Lethal Penalty, +4 Non-Lethal Damage
Cerbie
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Notice d10+2, Stealth d8, Intimidation d4
Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Edges: Alertness, Danger Sense
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d4.
Size −1: The heads of these canines come to an average human’s waist, and they weigh about 60 pounds.
Speed: d10 running die.
Wild Card: 2/2 Bennies
Advances:
N2: Spirit d8
N3: Reliable (Re-Roll Support rolls)
S1: Elan (+ 2 on Benny Rerolls)
S2: Strength d8
S3: Fighting d8, Intimidation d4
S4: Gladiator (On raise can spend a bennie to get "The Drop" on opponent)
Gems
Powers
Cerberus
Edit Sig
Rex

Post by Rex »

I want to bring Charles Mason. He will be in Tomorrow Legion. So on the non CS team.
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=82688#p82688
Last edited by Rex on Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hero

Post by Hero »

Hero's gonna stick around, and even if he's charming enough that CS types call him the 'good D-Bee', I think I'll stick with him being on Everyone Else.
Fyndhal

Post by Fyndhal »

I will happily take the opportunity to sign up on the CS side with my Kill Cat "Lucky" :)
Henry
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Henry »

Military Report to the Coalition Joint Chiefs of Staff
Classified Audio Report from Operative Zero One Niner
Rated: Red One Priority
Date: 04-17-110 PA
Time: 00:12
Subject: Classified: Operation Rumble in the Jungle

“At approximately zero hundred hours on 04-17-110, the classified sub operation is intact. Unfortunately several good CS soldiers had to be eliminated in order to maintain the security of the sub operation. Top level, Lieutenant Bishop has conducted herself above and beyond expectations. I recommend promotion to rank Captain. This will have positive overall results for survivors of the original CS team. Sub level, as stated, there have been losses. I, operative Zero, remain in play and am highly confident in success of both level operations.

Current exact location and other details are withheld from this communication but note, we are close on both fronts. You choose me for a reason. Rest assured I will complete the objectives.

Nothing of importance has occurred other than a run in with a class 5 demon intelligence and a few low level encounters with the Federation and Legion, both of whom seem to be after the same upper objective, and do not appear aware of the sub level objective.

Further communication will be tight beamed as able.

Agent Zero One Niner

• Staff Sergeant Henry Grimes reporting for duty.
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Coded Communique to Agent Zero One Niner
Rated: Red One Priority
Date: 04-28-110 PA
Time: 09:32
Subject: Classified: Operation Rumble in the Jungle

“Agent you are hereby directed to confirm mission capable status of your team. If needed recruit members loyal to the cause and report to Captian Bishop when your squad is mission ready. Should you fail in this or fail the mission you know what will happen.

JP

@Henry and @Frida prepare your squad.
GM Stuff
Initiative

I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

All characters will be:

Mars = 12 advances
IF = 8 advances
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

John Carter wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:24 pm John Carter reporting for duty.

EDIT: Got a question that I realized that other people than myself might be interested in knowing the answer to. For those of us who are insterested in returning, do we have to play the same version of the character we originally played or could we rejoin with a tweaked or even very different version.

I myself would be happy with Original Recipe John but I am very tempted by the Mega-Super version.

If it matters at all, looking at everything that John did and what happened to him in the game, nothing occurred that wouldn't be possible for either version.
Minor adjustments may be made provided they do not alter the main character concept and they do not retcon of the story so far.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
John Carter
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by John Carter »

Technospawn wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:31 pm
John Carter wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:24 pm John Carter reporting for duty.

Minor adjustments may be made provided they do not alter the main character concept and they do not retcon of the story so far.
I think a case can be made that despite using different Iconic Frameworks (MARS Super Soldier and Mega-Super respectively), switching from one to the other would conform to the spirit of the above.

The character concept is a superhuman mutant from orbit stranded on Earth, who's competent at combat, stealth and technical skills. That basically stays exactly the same.

Attribute wise the only difference is Mega-Super John's Smarts is a die higher and his Spirit a die lower so that he can have the Jack-Of-All-Trades Edge without getting to roll the result that gives it to you without the Smarts d10 requirement.

Skill-wise, all the ones that are key to the concept are there, with three of those slightly lower but still within competent levels.

The only differences in Hinderances are the ones required by the two different Frameworks, none of which did or would have come into play during the scenes he's been in so far.

The same circumstances go for Edges. The ones Mega-Super John is missing weren't relevant to anything he's done or that has happened since he entered the game. The important one, Jack-Of-All-Trades, which enabled him to drive the ATV out of the lake, has been retained. As have Connections and Rich, key parts of John's portrayal because of the gear he has and the help from above he's gotten so far.

Power-wise Mega-Super John has all the powers that MARS John used on screen, Invisibility and Intangibility. No situations came up during the time he was in the game that would have made the other abilities Mega-Super John has relevant.

As far as gear goes, John has mostly the same stuff. His armor and his gun are a little less special (Armor doesn't give the +2 Stealth bonus and the gun doesn't have an extra +2 to its AP) but those details weren't important in the scenes he was in. Neither were the two new pieces of gear that Mega-Super John has that MARS John didn't (because I didn't have the book they're from when I made him), the Grapnel & Launcher and the Lock Pick Release Gun.

In short, despite using different IFs, most of the key parts of the character have remained the same. And anything that has changed would not have come up during the situations John has faced so far. Basically, if you switched one out for the other it wouldn't require any retcons of anything that's happened in the story so far.
John Carter
John Carter

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

I'd like to play. I'd prefer to retire Checkers and bring in a new character. Happy to join whichever team could use another member. If non-CS, I'd like to play either a Cyber-Knight or a certain gnome barbarian who fell through a rift from Golarion and is ready to rock Rifts Earth. If CS, I'd like to play a Wilderness Scout/Ranger or another Commando. If none of those options works with team makeups, I'm flexible and would be happy to adjust.
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Pursuit wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:05 pm I'd like to play. I'd prefer to retire Checkers and bring in a new character. Happy to join whichever team could use another member. If non-CS, I'd like to play either a Cyber-Knight or a certain gnome barbarian who fell through a rift from Golarion and is ready to rock Rifts Earth. If CS, I'd like to play a Wilderness Scout/Ranger or another Commando. If none of those options works with team makeups, I'm flexible and would be happy to adjust.
I am good either way. Not sure how the teams will shake out. I want to try and keep evenish numbers on both teams.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

New Forums set up.

Old teams and the characters are here https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewforum.php?f=357

If they are going to be used they can easily be moved (by GM) to new area here https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewforum.php?f=355 Jungle Fighters.

I did move

Persephone
Hero
John Carter

Already.
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

We will start 1 month after we left off. You are lost in the thick jungles and have gotten no closer to the target.

Wealth
Existing characters have managed to find 2d4x10,000 in gear and loot in that time.

New characters will get starting gear plus 2d4x10,000 in gear and loot.
Starting gear can be sold for half value.
HJ and FG gear can not be sold.

Patron items and sig items are allowed
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
John Carter
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by John Carter »

Technospawn wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:11 am We will start 1 month after we left off. You are lost in the thick jungles and have gotten no closer to the target.

Wealth
Existing characters have managed to find 2d4x10,000 in gear and loot in that time.

New characters will get starting gear plus 2d4x10,000 in gear and loot.
Starting gear can be sold for half value.
HJ and FG gear can not be sold.

Patron items and sig items are allowed
Can we buy HJ upgrades for gear we already possess? The rationale could be we managed to find the appropriate parts or gear that could be cannibalized for the appropriate parts needed for whoever is the tech guy on the team to make the desired upgrades.
John Carter
John Carter

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

John Carter wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:47 pm
Can we buy HJ upgrades for gear we already possess? The rationale could be we managed to find the appropriate parts or gear that could be cannibalized for the appropriate parts needed for whoever is the tech guy on the team to make the desired upgrades.
Nope.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Nope. You can find a TW or some to add some magic to them at double the cost listed in the book.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

I'd like to play a Psi-Stalker Psi-Warrior if there's a slot
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Stoic wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:57 pm I'd like to play a Psi-Stalker Psi-Warrior if there's a slot
On which team?
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

The Non-CS team but I've switched to a Necromancer
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Corwin

Post by Corwin »

I'd be interested in joining since Train to Kingsdale went on hiatus. I could bring either Cowrin Eaststrider (GB Pilot) or if you need people on the Coalition side more I could be a Power Armor Jock in PA-09A Super Samas (or if a GB is overkill).
Corwin's .sig
Discord: Shiro (Corwin)

Corwin Northshadow Lost Jungles

Corwin Eaststrider Train 2 Kingsdale
Jose Kerske

Post by Jose Kerske »

Have old Werecat, Panther, I like to put up in the non-CS bunch. He is in the Recruitment Area.
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6001

OOC Comments
Attributes:
Bennies: 3/3

Agility d8 Smarts d10 Spirit d8 Strength d12 Vigor d8+2
Pace: 6: Parry: 6 Toughness: 16 (6) Strain: 0

Brawny, Muscular Male very tall. light brown hair not to long, eyes brown. Travels in Heavy Mage Combat armor with over Black coat and cowboy hat. Likes to be by himself, hunter. He will fight when provoked. Seems to be very educate when people get to know him, He speaks several different Languages.

Armor: Heavy Battle Mage
Notes: While powered increase Strength two dice and ignore Min Str, farsight and darksight.
• Armor: +6 Toughness: +3
• Weight: 36 lbs (Min Str: d6)
• Notes: While powered increase Strength two dice and ignore Min Str, farsight and darksight.

Overcoat:

• +2 Armor and +1 Toughness
• This protection can stack with other non-MDC body armor (but not MDC armor, they have no effect)without an increase to the Strength Minimum required to wear the base armor, unlike other armored coats and cloaks. It is usually worn over such armor.
• No Minimum Strength Requirement (5 lbs.)
• Pocket: Lock Picks
• Pocket: E-clips
• Pocket: E-clips
• Pocket: MDC Handcuffs
• Pocket:
• Pocket:
• Pocket:
• Pocket:

Utility Belt
scabbard: Short sword
scabbard: Drain Blade
Holster for Wilks
Cross Chest Shotgun Ammo And holster for Shotgun Belt
20 Rounds

Weapons

Silver-plated Short Sword
[image]
• Dmg: Strength+d6, AP: 2
• Weight: 2 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
• Notes:
• Rarity: +0 Cost: 00,000

Draining Blade Str+d8 8 d4 4 −4 3 million

• Dmg: Str+d8 AP: 8
• Weight:4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
• A magic item; +2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the
attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds.
• Rarity: -4 Cost: 3 million

silver-plated Short Sword (Str+d6).

Signature Item
TW Light Blade

•Damage: (Str+d8+2). AP: 10
• Weight: 2 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
• Note: s: Costs 1 PP; blade has the sunlight Trapping. Looks like a sword hilt with a large focusing crystal embedded in it until activated (a free action; otherwise a Light Improvised Weapon).
• Special Weapon can cast spells Speed and Blind

Claws and Bite: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str+d8, +1 to Hit), Bite/Claws (Range Melee, Damage Str+2d10, +1 to Hit, M.D.C.),

Sidearm:
TW Iceblast Shotgun
• Range: 12/24/48
• Dmg: 1–3d8+1 AP: 2
• ROF: 1
• Shots: 2
• Weight: 8 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
• Rarity: -2 Cost: 40,000
Notes: On a raise target iced per sloth. Double Barrels (see Shotguns in Savage Worlds); can still fire standard shotgun shells

Sidearm:

Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol

• Range: 15/30/60
• Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
• Shots: 20
• Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
• Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
• Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000

TW Snare Gun
• Range: 8/16/32
• Dmg: entangle
• Shots: 2
• Weight: 3 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
• Notes: Notes: Per the entangle power with Strong, using Shooting roll. A short, double-barreled
flare gun; can still fire standard flares
• Rarity: -3 Cost: 45,000
Corwin

Post by Corwin »

DSD Engineer Sergeant Corwin Northshadow, Juicer Division, reporting for duty.
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?t=7308
Corwin's .sig

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Corwin wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:51 pm DSD Engineer Sergeant Corwin Northshadow, Juicer Division, reporting for duty.
You need to add your advances. You should be at 8 advances.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Please check the top post and make sure I have added you.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Jose Kerske wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:15 pm Have old Werecat, Panther, I like to put up in the non-CS bunch. He is in the Recruitment Area.
Yes you can join
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Corwin

Post by Corwin »

Technospawn wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:43 pm
Corwin wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:51 pm DSD Engineer Sergeant Corwin Northshadow, Juicer Division, reporting for duty.
You need to add your advances. You should be at 8 advances.
Done!
Corwin's .sig

Jade Grimhilde

Post by Jade Grimhilde »

I'd like to do my wandering combat mage Jade Grimhilde, late of the short Crush It mercenary Atlantis game, re-made for this game's setup.

https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=82794#p82794 has a rough cut, though I'm doing it on Savaged now.

Getting both the Gregarious & Resourceful and A Bard's Tale MARS results suggest she's a real hero of the people!
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

Combat Cyborg for the CS Crew almost done! Will link to it as soon as it's wrapped up.
Characters
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Griffin wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:21 am Combat Cyborg for the CS Crew almost done! Will link to it as soon as it's wrapped up.
Sweet. Let Technospawn and or I know when its ready to review. I'll be assigning a small secret info tidbit to you once you are set. PS I am assistant GM to Technospawn....and I play Henry (CS team).
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Jade Grimhilde

Post by Jade Grimhilde »

Technospawn wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:18 pm
Nope. You can find a TW or some to add some magic to them at double the cost listed in the book.
So I could install 2 minor TW upgrades in the standard starting TW combat mage armor at 10K each (and no more)?
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Jade Grimhilde wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:02 pm
Technospawn wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:18 pm
So I could install 2 minor TW upgrades in the standard starting TW combat mage armor at 10K each (and no more)?
No the rules prohibit adding any TW upgrades to the book TW items.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Arn The Traveler

Post by Arn The Traveler »

Arn the Traveler, True Atlantean Nomad sounding off

Return to “Recruitment: Mission Briefings”