Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Adventures and antics of the Joker's Jokers.
Post Reply
User avatar
Freemage
Savage Senior
Posts: 1937
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Freemage »

A Re-intro in Three Parts:

Kingsdale, Quarantine:
It has been a hard, hard month for the Jokers, and for the city of Kingsdale. The quarantine has been stressful, making a month feel like years. Promising treatments turned out to have nasty side-effects. Conspiracy theories abounded, pointing the blame at different groups, some plausible, others less so. Riots started breaking out in earnest. The Mayor was nearly assassinated. Food is now being rationed, fomenting more resentment.

The team has suffered, as well. Herra went up against another Mind Melter after exposing a plot by a CS operative trying to turn the quarantine into an incitement to riot among the humans in the Dregs. Though she won, she was gravely injured, and was only able to save herself by some exotic technique which also seems to have caused her to leave this plane of existence.
OOC Comments
If VV ever returns to this game, Herra's going to have Psychic of Psyscape as a new Advance.
It was learned that SnackHappy's Rune Weapon was interacting with the virus in a wholly unpredictable fashion--after some debate, it was determined that it was necessary to send him out of the city, in order to keep the weapon from releasing cataclysmic effects.

Sara the TW automaton has simply disappeared, and proven impossible to track down.

Finally, Callie was straight-up murdered in an alleyway. However, the Psi-Ghost's death did manage to point the remaining trio--Growler, Chok'lat and Roy--in the right direction, finally. It was determined that her attackers--who also appear to be involved with, if not the masterminds behind the virus--are staying in an old hotel in the Dregs called The Brick. Unfortunately, with numbers so thin, it's uncertain if you'll be able to follow up on this lead.The city's forces are stretched too thin to provide much assistance, at least in a timely fashion.

And then the TW array you brought here comes to life, and with a message from Hope, and Castle Refuge--new recruits are coming, and will be in the city by dawn. You'll have to meet them in the basement of an abandoned storage building, however, as they are being smuggled in past the quarantine....
OOC Comments
Write a brief interlude about how your character has been coping with the confinement and the losses the team has suffered to get an extra Benny for the session.

Castle Refuge, Briefing Room:

Each of you is a relatively new arrival at Castle Refuge. You all have your own reasons for joining the Legion, but whatever it was that brought you here, you hadn't been expecting to get woken up in the wee hours before dawn. "Welcome to the Legion, Recruit," says the violet-skinned D-bee in front of you, his shock-white hair perfectly in place, as if he were always awake at 3 AM. "I am Corporal Allistair Montcrief. Get dressed and get your pack ready, and then head down to Briefing Room 14A. You and the other new members of the 7th SET will receive your first assignment once you're all assembled. Take this" He hands you a map showing the precise route from your quarters to Briefing Room 2A, complete with landmarks.
New PC instructions
You may, if you wish, roll Common Knowledge.

On a Success, you've vaguely heard of the Jokers, aka the 7th SET. They're supposedly some serious oddballs, even by Legion standards, but they have a rep for getting things done. Their unit's home commander is Sgt. Ossanna Wilde, who is pretty much as old-school drill sergeant as they come. Many folks suspect that Montcrief is the real brains behind the operation--the D-Bee is infamously unflappable, able to keep up with his notoriously paperwork-averse superior.

On a Raise, you've heard that they were on assignment to Kingsdale when that city got locked down for some not-fully-explained-reason. Just about everyone figures it's some sort of quarantine, but the heavily armed Robot Vehicles and Power Armor Jocks patrolling the borders around the city aren't letting any details slip--they simply point their missile launchers at anyone approaching, and suggest an alternate route around the city's walls. You've also heard rumors about some of their members--most notably, a freakin' tamed Brodkil!
Oh, and while Ossanna absolutely DOES rely heavily on Montcrief to deal with all the paperwork issues, he's by no means her handler, or any such thing. Rather, she just found someone who was very, very good at his job and he, in turn, has been fanatically loyal to her.
Once you arrive at the briefing room, the door opens to reveal a cloud of thick, malodorous smoke. A series of folding chairs have been laid out on one side, while on the other sits a Legionnaire with sergeant's stripes on her uniform, one hand holding a glass of whiskey, the other a still-burning cigar. Judging by the contents of the ashtray and the thick haze, she must have gone through a full box in whatever amount of time she's been sitting here. Her nametag reads "Ossanna Wilde". She largely ignores anyone entering the room, though if spoken to she will point to one of the empty chairs with the stogie stub, without looking up.
Instructions
Feel free to post a bit of entry description for your character, just keep in mind there won't be a lot of back and forth before the next bit.
As the last of you takes your seat, Montcrief comes in and stands behind the desk, next to Ossanna and puts down a sheaf of papers in front of her. She sips her whiskey and flips through them for a few moments. Looking them over, she nods. "What, they decided not to give us the stalker or the revenant?" Montcrief clears his throat and Ossanna looks up to see the group.

"Ah, right. Okay, folks. Welcome to the Jokers. The main team, as some of you may have heard, have been caught up in the Kingsdale quarantine--and yes, it's an actual quarantine. Nasty virus, magic-resistant and toxic to arcane types. If you've got EBA armor, try to use it as much as possible. Good news is, the team's finally got a lead on where the responsible parties are holed up. Bad news is, the team's taken some serious losses during this mission. One casualty, several MIAs. So we pulled you all from the recent recruit batch to go in and help them with the assault on the hideout; you'll most likely be permanent members of the 7th going forward, as well. Get your gear, and get down to the motor pool, now. Getting you into the city's going to be tricky, and we need to get it done fast, before the bad guys find a way to scarper."

She goes back to looking over the paperwork in front of her, her shoulders slumping down a bit as she scans the sheets, and starts signing.
Are you nosy?
Roll Notice:

Success: She's signing what is clearly official paperwork of some sort, lots of dense paragraphs of bureaucratic language.

Raise: The forms are for updating active Legionnaire status--Dead, Missing/Presumed Dead, MIA, etc.

CritFail: Montcrief gets in your way, gives you a look of very stern disapproval, and sends you on your way.
Jack
Other players who want to read this, can, but only Jack is aware of this encounter: If you want to savor the mystery, don't read any further.

As you are dispersing to get your gear, Montcrief approaches you in the hall outside. Highly unusual for him, if you know anything about the man at all, he looks... uneasy. He holds out a data chip, and speaks very softly. "Take this to your room, open and read the file, then delete the contents, smashing the chip and discarding the pieces when you are done, before joining the others. Tell no one of this."

Opening the file reveals a simple personnel sheet labeled, "Target Designate Alpha". Below that is a photo of a Brodkil, apparently named... "Chok'lat". At the bottom of the page is a section titled, "Mission Parameters":

1: As usual, keep Target Designate Alpha secure from harm, while restricting his activities as little as possible; he still a Legionnaire on active duty, and must fulfill his role as such.
2: Except where doing so will make the primary mission objective impossible, you are to keep this assignment confidential: Your Eyes Only. It is vital that the subject not be aware that he is being singled out in any way.
Reassembling at the motor pool, you find a bizarre looking vehicle--it's an APV, but with a barrel-shaped body and, well, a pair of huge drills on the front and back of it. Montcrief is waiting there, along with a Gnome in aviator goggles. "This is Kratchet. He'll be driving your team to Kingsdale. You'll be going in underground, so as to not excite the locals, or tipping off the targets about your arrival."

Kratchet thumbs at the vehicle. "Get in, get comfy and don't bug me with too much jabber." Once you're all packed in--and it does require a bit of 'packing', as much of the center and rear of the vehicle's passenger space is taken up with hydraulics that are only a screen mesh from losing a finger. Jarvis' PA suit is a bit of a sticking point, until Kratchet gives a disgusted snort, goes in and detaches the seat from the floor and just pushes it out into the garage of the motor pool. "You'll have to just brace yourself. Rest of you put your harnesses on, and don't touch anything!" he adds, gruffly.

Most of the trip is above ground, but a few miles outside of Kingsdale, he comes to a stop and activates the hyrdraulics, lifting the rear end of the vehicle without preamble (anyone not using the harness--or in J'onns' case, braced and ready--at that point gets dumped from their seat in an undignified manner), and activates the drill, breaching the surface of the ground and going in. From this point on, conversation inside the vehicle is almost impossible, as the noise of the drill and what is apparently a means of ejecting soil behind them to fill up the hole makes it impossible to hear anything but an absolute bellow.

Kingsdale:

The three remaining (surviving?) original Jokers are brought by one of the Mayor's aides to a warehouse just outside the Dregs, and led down into a basement, where part of the flooring has been broken open, revealing bare earth. Just as you arrive, there's a massive rumbling, and suddenly a drill-head bursts through the exposed ground! A bizarre, barrel-shaped vehicle follows, and once it has emerged enough, a side-door opens; the occupants have to cope with the fact that the 'barrel' is still at an angle in order to get out. As soon as everyone and their gear is out, the door shuts again, and it reverse-drills back out, mostly refilling the hole--while it's clear that the ground has been disturbed, it wouldn't be possible to go back down it again more than a couple feet without some tunneling equipment of your own.
OOC Comments
Okay, give your first impressions here, folks. Once everyone's posted and gotten a few lines in, we'll kick off the action.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
.
User avatar
Jackal
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Jackal »


CN 1d4+2: [2]+2 = 4 WCN 1d6!!: [3] = 3 Success, you've vaguely heard of the Jokers, aka the 7th SET.
N 1d4!!+4: [1]+4 = 5 W N 1d6!!: [2] = 2 Success: She's signing what is clearly official paperwork of some sort, lots of dense paragraphs of bureaucratic language.


Sitting in the bizarre tunneling vehicle, dressed in light matte black armor, helmet on, Jack Hall, nickname Jackal, sat quietly in contrast to the loud rumbling outside.

Perfectly still, straight backed with palms flat down on his knees. He looked statuesque in the chair he sat on. Unlike his calm, quiet demeanor - his thoughts were racing.

Jackal had worked with the Legion before. A member of the 21st SET, the Hot Shots, however that misadventure still weighed heavily on him. Unfortunately, life in this time was not forgiving. Based on the briefing by Montcrief and Wilde, the original 7th SET had learned that lesson too. A lot of good people. Dead. A sad waste of resources.

Images of the bunker occupied his mind for a moment - simultaneously, two thought processes at once.

President Finch - Target Designate Alpha.

Washington DC 2097 (well over 300 + years prior to Present Day Rifts)

The steps leading up and down from the Jefferson memorial were busy today. A parade marched in the street below the monument. Hundreds of thousands of Americans watched as former, retired US President Fitch made his way up the steps to the monument. Several former US Presidents and the current residing commander in chief were to arrive and announce a new monument that would be erected in the State Capitol, the Obama and Fitch memorial. Two black presidents and great men who had made incredible advances for the United States.

As former President Fitch slowly advanced up the stairs, the US Secret Service Agent, Jack Hall walked next to the Great man.

"Sir, please allow me to assist you. I will be discreet I promise you.”

The black man stopped and labored to breath, but held his smile in place.

"Jack.....I thank....you but.....I will do this......on my own.....however......I will take a moment and do that thing you...... suggested....you are a Jackal."


Agent Hall smiled.

The Secret Service agent had suggested that if President Fitch needed a breather, he should just stop and turn and wave at the crowd until he was ready to proceed, as if it was a planned stop. Fitch liked it. It let him look healthy and caring.

Several moments later, after waving to a cheering crowd, Fitch proceeded to continue up the stairs.

"I am proud to be of service President Fitch, I am extremely glad to see a monument built for you and the former Obama from decades ago. Just.... try to not overdo it Sir. If you die on my watch I am sure they will melt me down and make me produce toast for the remainer of my days."

Wheezing and chuckling Mr. Fitch gave the US Secret Service Agent and artificial intelligence android, a sideways look.

"Nice try. We will have to keep working on the humor thing. Sunday. Jeans and a T. No tie Jackal. We’ll fish and joke."

“Yes Sir.”



Now, a Brodkil named "Chok'lat", though he did not know it, had been assigned as the new Alpha. The irony didn’t escape him. One of the very things that had driven a former Alpha underground was now the Alpha.

No matter, Jack Hall was designed with one thing in mind and he would never deviate from his purpose. Protect.

Having never been to Kingsdale, Jackal had accommodated Fitch to a State Park in the Ozarks, nearby in Missouri. He was interested to see how the location had changed. The briefing and mention of an alien virus by Wilde caused concern in his thoughts. The Brodkil was being potentially exposed to a dangerous virus and they were slowly progressing under the earth … Jackal shook outwardly once. A minor tremble likely unnoticed by anyone.

Jackal had spent 16 years living in the bunker protecting the last human survivors he had been assigned to. Former US President Gerald Fitch and First Lady Elena Fitch had been in the White House, served two terms then retired to their Texas Ranch house. Jack had been assigned to protect them four years prior to the Coming of the Rifts. He’d stayed with them 16 more years after the apocalypse. Twenty years he had served loyally until both succumbed to an airborne illness that had taken out the Fitch’s and their entire staff. The staff Doctor informed Jack the disease was alien in nature and he couldn’t stop it. Secret Service Agent Jack Hall, AI Construct, watched them all die helpless to protect them from the illness.

Jackal remained active in the underground bunker of the Fitch’s for another year. He ventured outside occasionally. The world was a mess. He was unsure what to do. His core programming was set to protect the Fitch’s. Finally Jackal Plugged into the bunkers power source and closed down most of his cognitive functions. If he was going to leave the bunker he needed to find a way to rewrite his own coding. That would take time. Even with the Fitch family and staff all buried and gone there was no one present that could allow him to stop protecting their graves.


Once the tunneling vehicle finally arrived in the warehouse Jackal followed the others out of the vehicle. Looking at the remaining trio of the 7th SET: Growler, Chok'lat and Roy, then the fellow new recruits that had arrived with him, he re-read each’s dossiers in his mind, and stood by at the base of the vehicle while the rest unloaded and assembled.

Hopefully they could stop the virus and keep the inhabitants of Kingsdale safe. Hopefully the Brodkil’s physiology would keep it … him … safe from sickness. Then all Jackal would need to do is protect … him from everything else.
Character
Jackal

Notes: Increased Action Upgrade (3) Additional Action (Like Split the Seconds), Quick Edge. Parry 9, 10 or 11. Toughness 24 (12) Often wears riot armor in combat but just for looks and it doesn’t add to his Toughness. Otherwise, wears an armored suit & tie, or jeans and t shirts.

The 7th SET

• Chok'lat
- Cyberred up Brodkil Tank
• Strider
- Sea Titan, MARS Scholar
• Growler
- Best Boy Dogboy Nega-Psychic
• Jarvis Ursus
- Kittani PA Jock
• Jonns Mythe
- Quickflex MARS Gunslinger
• Rib
- Trimadore MARS Vagabond Martial Arts & Technical Specialist
• Kriza
- What? A Human?! MARS Psi-Druid
• Jackal
- Oh, whew, another Human...or is it? AI Pilot
• Roy
- True Atlantian Shifter
User avatar
Jonns Mythe (Jokers)
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:05 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Jonns Mythe (Jokers) »

OOC Comments
Dice Rolls
Common Knowledge 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild Die 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Notice 1d8!!: [7] = 7
Wild Die 1d6!!: [14!!] = 14

Note: Jonn doesn't have Power Armor, I think you were thinking of someone else?
Jonns Mythe awakes with a start as the Sergeant rouses the group from their sleep. He quickly climbs out of bed and begins suiting up, while grousing to no one in particular, "Why is it briefings is always so damned early in th' morning? Cain't a fella get some decent shut eye and some coffee beforehand?"

Finishing up, he grabs his kit, takes a map from Montcrief and heads down to room 14a. The thick smoke gives him a moments pause, then he shrugs and strides in, taking a seat near the door. He listens to the briefing, though the entire time he is jittery, constantly fidgeting, though trying to not make much noise. It's a long habit of his and he's relatively good at it...but the constant motion can be irritating for those around him.

After the briefing, he heads to the motor pool by way of the mess hall, where he finally grabs some coffee and a quick plate of eggs, hash browns and bacon, that he scarfs down before reaching the door. Once there, he fidgets while waiting for everyone and everything to get loaded, then finally takes his seat.

As the vehicle begins to roll, he relaxes his lanky form, lowers the brim on his hat, and is almost immediately asleep once again, not waking until he is unceremoniously dumped out of his chair and slides along the floor as the giant drill does it's job. After a moment of confusion, he chuckles and rights himself, and watches out the window as things progress.

He eyes the veteran Joker's as the board the vehicle, wondering what sort of encounters they'd had out here. He'd not heard much about them through the rumor mill, just that they were good and got their jobs done.

He grinned. Finally, he had some competition.
OOC Comments
Current Bennies: 2/3
Current Wounds: 1/3
Current Fatigue: 0/2
Character: https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=82314#p82314
User avatar
Chok'lat
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat paced the floors. A lot. There wasn't much he could do during this whole thing. Investigating and skulking wasn't his forte. He had long ago traded his demonic abilities of invisibility for cold hard cyberware. More recently, after his whole tribe was waxed by the 7th SET, he opted to follow the greater strength as an alternative to being slaughtered and sent back to The Pit. The wannabe angel Zakkael had seen something in him more than simply a brute following the stronger master. The death...or was it ascension...of the Lyn-Srial mystic prompted the demon to walk the path of redemption, even taking up the Staff of Justice and the Shield of Faith, Zakkael's trappings. What was once a brutal and cruel demon was finding more and more a capacity for selfless heroism and kindness. Still...he's not quite there, and his infernal nature peeks out, usually at inopportune times.
That nature rears its ugly head when he thinks about his lost friends who he failed to protect. Herra seems to have melted permanently into the shadows, leaving not even a body to visit. SnackHappy managed to exit the city, though reluctantly. And little Callie was brutally executed. At least that's something he could have prevented...but he didn't.
And so his newly discovered penchant for valor in the face of evil gnaws at him because of his failure. He does his best to minimize property damage, but sometimes, he strikes things that don't bounce back. Tables, walls, anything that happens to pop up in his way as he paces to vent his frustration.
Word that they're getting reinforcements brightens his mood somewhat, if only to have a chance to redeem his failed efforts at protecting his old friends. He has an almost not-demonic smile on his face when the digger bursts through the earth and the new arrivals dismount. Even still, an almost not-demonic smile is both hideous and somewhat menacing. Even the excited waving of all four of his arms doesn't do much to temper the fact that he looks like he's about to eat whoever he sees.
"Chok'lat has new friends! Hi new friends!"
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Toughness: 26 (14) MD
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Elan
User avatar
Kriza
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Kriza »

Rolls
Common Knowledge 1d6!, Wild 1d6!: [2]+[5] = 7
Notice 1d8!, Wild 1d6!: [7]+[3] = 10
Kriza scrunches her brow a bit when the 7th is mentioned, before giving a slight nod. She's heard of them.

She quietly assesses her new teammates, trying to soak in as much as she can from their limited time together. She pays attention if addressed, signs if appropriate, but does not otherwise engage. She holds herself back a bit, watching.

She notices @Jonns Mythe (Jokers) fidgets, a lot. It looks like he can barely keep still during the briefing, all jerky energy and barely contained movement. But when the man gets up and actually walks, his motions seem fluid and almost feline to her. A predator, Kriza notes.

@Jackal is harder to get a read on. She decides she isn't sure about him yet.
Ignore This
I forgot I spent EP on environmental armor. She sucks her teeth a bit when she hears about the quarantine and the disease. Her armor is very clearly not environmental, and she makes a note of it. Perhaps she can dig up a gas mask or something from the quartermaster before leaving? She checks.
Can Kriza go shopping?
If she's allowed to, I'll drop some of her remaining starting funds on a mask or something, to the extent it would be of any help.
When she sees the tunneling machine, she furrows her brow and looks from side to side at everyone else's faces. She gives the rig a full 360 before getting in, and she positions herself as near the front as possible. To the extent she can cut down on the time spent in this deathtrap by even a millisecond by being closer to the door, she judges it worth the effort. After she settles in, an owl flies down from the rafters and perches on her lap, hooting an annoyed little hoot. When the drilling begins, the owl starts to go nuts, but Kriza calms it with a touch.

When they emerge, she hears @Chok'lat's declaration of friendship, and she pulls up short. A brodkil. Here? Her left hand tightens a bit on the grip of her bow and the fingers of her right hand twitch ever so slightly as she swivels her head around to take in the rest of the space. The owl wings upwards, where it can get a better view of the entire interior.
User avatar
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Common Knowledge: 1d6!!: [1] = 1 1d6!!: [2] = 2 Notice: 1d8!!: [9!!] = 9 1d6!!: [5] = 5


Jarvis had never heard of the Jokers. He had barely heard of the Tomorrow Legion. It didn’t matter. The cause was better than what he had been a part of before.

During the briefing, he stood in the back and took it all in. He listened intently to Sgt. Wilde and took in everything he could. The situation in Kingsdale was a story he had heard dozens of times before. Biological warfare was a go to tactic for the Splugorth. It wouldn’t surprise hm if they were involved in this somehow. Focusing in on the documents, he could see that the situation was dire. The 7th had lost a lot. That explained the somber news of Corporal Moncrief and the gruffness of Sgt. Wilde. To the Kittani, it was just information. He had long ago become numb to death and loss. Maybe that’s what finally caused him to snap and defect? Some deep rooted desire to feel…something?

Jarvis snapped out of his melancholy. It didn’t matter, he was here to do a job. Looking around at the team assembled, he chuckled behind the faceplate of his armor, as much as they didn’t want to show it, some of his team members didn’t know how to take the brodkil. It was understandable here in North America. They ought to see Splynn….

The Kittani had to admit the ATV was a feat of engineering, even by his race’s advanced technological knowledge. He was only half listening to the gnome as he admired the vehicle. As he watched Kratchet pull the seat out for him, he winced. He could have removed his armor…No matter, what’s done is done and Jarvis simply nodded his appreciation and took his place, bracing himself against a bulkhead.
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
User avatar
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Growler »

Losing most of the pack was hard. Only him. Roy, and the foul smelling sub-demon Chok'lat were left... though with the plague going through the city, he was keeping his armor sealed up most of the time and was thus spared the stink of the Brodkil.

Losing Callie was the hardest. It was his job to protect the pack, and he had failed her. Losing Hera was almost as bad, though she seemed to have been able to save herself with some sort of mental exercise that transported herself away. She at least had the possibility of coming back... theoretically. Sara... she just left the pack. That was hard to take since she didn't even say good-bye and just ghosted them. If he had been able to safely open his helmet and use his nose, Sara could have been found, but that was not smart to do in Kingsdale right now. Snackhappy... his new toy, the Rune Weapon, did not seem to react well with the disease and it was worrisome to think of what might come from longer exposure between the two.

Though the idea of staking out the Brick was something Growler wanted to do, he eventually decided the city needed his help more. Whenever he could around watching out for Roy and Chok'lat, Growler would sneak out of the city and go hunting. Kingsdale was running out of food. Though as time passed one would thing that his prey would move out of the area, the lack of travel to and from the city added to the almost total lack of anyone else doing the hunting allowed Growler to have productive hunts. More than one starving family in the city was pleasantly surprised when they woke up in the morning to find fresh meat field dressed waiting in their kitchen.

Hearing the reinforcements coming in from The Legion for the pack made Growler happy. Three members of the pack was too small to do what they needed to do. Waiting in the warehouse just outside The Dregs, fully kitted out as ever, Growler was surprised to see the weird burrowing vehicle that the new members of his pack arrived in.

"Welcome to Kingsdale. I am Growler. Here is Roy, and that ugly Brodkil over there is Chok'lat. We are all now the 7th SET... the Joker's Jokers. Your transportation here is sure to have attracted some attention, so we should quickly head out."
Growler
Main Character: Tiny Tim
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Berk
Pace: 8 [12] (d8); Parry: 6 (8); Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 40 / 40
PP: 15 / 15

Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 2/3
Base Amount
-1 due Reroll on Navigation Roll
User avatar
Kriza
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Kriza »

Growler wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:28 am
"Welcome to Kingsdale. I am Growler. Here is Roy, and that ugly Brodkil over there is Chok'lat. We are all now the 7th SET... the Joker's Jokers. Your transportation here is sure to have attracted some attention, so we should quickly head out."
When the dog boy speaks, Kriza settles her eyes on him. She gives a quick nod and throws a look to her bird, which glides down and perches on her shoulder.

She
She uses the CSL sign for "where?", in the unlikely chance that Growler knows how to sign.
and then looks to the door.
User avatar
Chok'lat
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Chok'lat »

The brodkil's face goes from a frightening smile to a look of disdain and...are his feelings hurt? He snaps back at @Growler. "Hey! Chok'lat not ugly. You got bad taste!"
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Toughness: 26 (14) MD
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Elan
User avatar
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Growler »

quote=Kriza post_id=82565 time=1675626883 user_id=572]

She
She uses the CSL sign for "where?", in the unlikely chance that Growler knows how to sign.
and then looks to the door.
[/quote]

That sign looks familiar from when I was in the Coalition packs, but I can't place it right now. I will have to ask her about it later. With Chok'lat and Roy being the only other senior pack members, I guess I will need to be Alpha... until we find someone better suited to the role.
Chok'lat wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:45 pm The brodkil's face goes from a frightening smile to a look of disdain and...are his feelings hurt? He snaps back at @Growler. "Hey! Chok'lat not ugly. You got bad taste!"
"Now no need to be sensitive, Chok'lat. You may be an ugly Brodkil, but you are OUR ugly Brodkil. Roy, Chok'lat... lets get these new teammates back to the Hotel and squared up. Everyone... grab your packs and lets move out! Careful out there. Consider this an active warzone with lots of neutrals and friendlies around. Lock and load. I will be scouting the path back to the hotel and passing the directions and what I notice to be worried about enroute. Keep your eyes open too, but no hostile actions unless we are attacked first. We are the Tomorrow Legion, and we have the Legion's rules and honor to uphold."
Growler
Main Character: Tiny Tim
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Berk
Pace: 8 [12] (d8); Parry: 6 (8); Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 40 / 40
PP: 15 / 15

Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 2/3
Base Amount
-1 due Reroll on Navigation Roll
User avatar
Jonns Mythe (Jokers)
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:05 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Jonns Mythe (Jokers) »

Jonn chuckles at Growler's comment to the demon, then is quickly on his feet gathering his gear. In moments, he's standing "at-ease" near to the others, though even in that pose, he is still in constant motion as his eyes flicker around the room behind his face mask.

"Mythe, ready for duty. Anything in particular to keep an eye out for out there?"
OOC Comments
Current Bennies: 2/3
Current Wounds: 1/3
Current Fatigue: 0/2
Character: https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=82314#p82314
User avatar
Kriza
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Kriza »

When they ultimately get back outside, Kriza sends Mouse up into the sky to help scout, seeing through his eyes.

Notice, Mouse, and Growler
If Growler needs to make a Notice check, Kriza can Support by seeing through the eyes of her owl and tapping out via morse code simple cardinal directions for anything she notices.

I suppose I do need to roll to make sure the power activates properly. :D Roll for Animal Friendship (Beast Friend) Psionics 1d10!, Wild 1d6!: [4]+[4] = 8
User avatar
Strider
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:56 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Strider »

Freemage wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:23 am Castle Refuge, Briefing Room:

Each of you is a relatively new arrival at Castle Refuge. You all have your own reasons for joining the Legion, but whatever it was that brought you here, you hadn't been expecting to get woken up in the wee hours before dawn. "Welcome to the Legion, Recruit," says the violet-skinned D-bee in front of you, his shock-white hair perfectly in place, as if he were always awake at 3 AM. "I am Corporal Allistair Montcrief. Get dressed and get your pack ready, and then head down to Briefing Room 14A. You and the other new members of the 7th SET will receive your first assignment once you're all assembled. Take this" He hands you a map showing the precise route from your quarters to Briefing Room 2A, complete with landmarks.
"Greetings Corporal, Lt. Landon Parker, Retired, you can call me Strider. 14A got it. Headed that way now."
Freemage wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:23 am
New PC instructions
You may, if you wish, roll Common Knowledge.

On a Success, you've vaguely heard of the Jokers, aka the 7th SET. They're supposedly some serious oddballs, even by Legion standards, but they have a rep for getting things done. Their unit's home commander is Sgt. Ossanna Wilde, who is pretty much as old-school drill sergeant as they come. Many folks suspect that Montcrief is the real brains behind the operation--the D-Bee is infamously unflappable, able to keep up with his notoriously paperwork-averse superior.

On a Raise, you've heard that they were on assignment to Kingsdale when that city got locked down for some not-fully-explained-reason. Just about everyone figures it's some sort of quarantine, but the heavily armed Robot Vehicles and Power Armor Jocks patrolling the borders around the city aren't letting any details slip--they simply point their missile launchers at anyone approaching, and suggest an alternate route around the city's walls. You've also heard rumors about some of their members--most notably, a freakin' tamed Brodkil!
Oh, and while Ossanna absolutely DOES rely heavily on Montcrief to deal with all the paperwork issues, he's by no means her handler, or any such thing. Rather, she just found someone who was very, very good at his job and he, in turn, has been fanatically loyal to her.
Common Knowledge: d6!: [1] = 1 Wild: d6!: [2] = 2

7th SET. Hm Never heard of them.

He arrives at 14A and makes his entry. You see human approximately 6' tall about 180 lbs He has dirty blonde hair and tanned skin. He is carrying a large Duffel Bag as if it was nothing. He sits down leans back and kicks up his feet. He assumes he is the last to show, so he looks at the group and says, "Are we gonna start this shindig or what? I am Landon Parker, but you guys can call me Strider."

Notice: d8!: [7] = 7 Wild: d6!: [5] = 5


Others seem to be a bit shy. I will give them time to open up.


Now focusing on the briefing.
"You have any info about this virus I could look at?" If they give him some materials he will peruse them to glean what he can.
Science: d10!: [6] = 6 Wild: d6!: [2] = 2

After the lecture, Strider takes the EBA out of his bag and suits up before entering the craft. He hangs a hilt and laser pistol on his belt. "Let's do this."
Freemage wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:23 am Kingsdale:

The three remaining (surviving?) original Jokers are brought by one of the Mayor's aides to a warehouse just outside the Dregs, and led down into a basement, where part of the flooring has been broken open, revealing bare earth. Just as you arrive, there's a massive rumbling, and suddenly a drill-head bursts through the exposed ground! A bizarre, barrel-shaped vehicle follows, and once it has emerged enough, a side-door opens; the occupants have to cope with the fact that the 'barrel' is still at an angle in order to get out. As soon as everyone and their gear is out, the door shuts again, and it reverse-drills back out, mostly refilling the hole--while it's clear that the ground has been disturbed, it wouldn't be possible to go back down it again more than a couple feet without some tunneling equipment of your own.
"I feel like we just exited Kingsdale's butthole." He jumps out of the vehicle. "Howdy folks, I am Strider. I assume you are the Joker's trapped here, well good news, the Calvary has arrived."
Chok'lat wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:57 pm "Chok'lat has new friends! Hi new friends!"
Strider does a 2 finger salute. "Howdy Chok'lat, pleasure to make your aquaintance, er..friendship."
Growler wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:28 am "Welcome to Kingsdale. I am Growler. Here is Roy, and that ugly Brodkil over there is Chok'lat. We are all now the 7th SET... the Joker's Jokers. Your transportation here is sure to have attracted some attention, so we should quickly head out."
"Aye, Aye Cap'n." Strider follows him.
User avatar
Kriza
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Kriza »

Strider wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:00 pm He arrives at 14A and makes his entry. You see human approximately 6' tall about 180 lbs He has dirty blonde hair and tanned skin. He is carrying a large Duffel Bag as if it was nothing. He sits down leans back and kicks up his feet. He assumes he is the last to show, so he looks at the group and says, "Are we gonna start this shindig or what? I am Landon Parker, but you guys can call me Strider."
Kriza acknowledges Strider's greeting and signs her name at him. If no one knows CSL, she'll write her name down for anyone making acquaintances.
User avatar
Roy
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 5:49 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Roy »

Roy had been struggling with frustration and defeat. As a scholar he had always been exceptional. He had mastered his craft and been able to help people. But this strange illness had defeated him at every turn. It draining effect on his powers, and the fact that his brother was better equipped to deal with it combined with the complete lack of progress, left him depressed and at his limits.

Learning of the loss of the others while Roy was at his sickest something came over him breaking his depression. He would not give into despair letting their lives mean nothing. He would get better and get back to helping out.

Upon hearing others would be joining them he was not sure how he should feel about that. Now there would be more people at risk of infection and death. More people that would not be allowed to leave.

When Growler introduces everyone Roy tips his head and pulls his cowl away to show his face. “Hello all.” He says politely, not offering his hand to shake. “I do not want to be rude, I need to stay in this suit and quarantined, because I am infected with the sickness infesting this town.” Explaining why he is standing so far away from everyone else in the room.
“Spose we better get you informed on how things are going. Have you all read the dossiers or should we walk through them?”
User avatar
Jonns Mythe (Jokers)
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:05 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Jonns Mythe (Jokers) »

Jonns salutes Roy, briefly, before saying, "Sir, Ah've read 'em, but might be bettah if ever'body took a minute an' spoke to who they are? Hearin' it from the horses mouth might be better, y'know?"
OOC Comments
Current Bennies: 2/3
Current Wounds: 1/3
Current Fatigue: 0/2
Character: https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=82314#p82314
User avatar
Chok'lat
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat laughs at @Jonns Mythe (Jokers). "Chok'lat thinks you talk funny! It's okay. It's good to laugh as long as nobody gets feelings hurt. Chok'lat is Brodkil. Chok'lat used to hurt feelings. And people. And things. But mostly people. But Chok'lat don't want to hurt nobody no more unless they're bad. Chok'lat is good now! See? Got angel shield and angel staff!" He holds up a clear shield with a silver cross emblazoned on the front and a staff made of jet black and unblemished white wood, twisted together in perfect symmetry. "Chok'lat ain't scared of anything. Chok'lat is strongest person here." He flexes both his regular and his cybernetic muscles, just in case there was any doubt. "Who are you?"
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Toughness: 26 (14) MD
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Elan
User avatar
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Growler »

"I am what most people call a Nega Psychic. I am also skilled in the wilderness and good at hiding as well as with guns and a blade and can draw upon my mental strength to improve my abilities."
Growler
Main Character: Tiny Tim
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Berk
Pace: 8 [12] (d8); Parry: 6 (8); Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 40 / 40
PP: 15 / 15

Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 2/3
Base Amount
-1 due Reroll on Navigation Roll
User avatar
Jonns Mythe (Jokers)
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:05 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Jonns Mythe (Jokers) »

Jonns nods as Chok'lat and Growler speak, then adds his own description. "Well, now Chok'lat, Ah don't think ah talk all that funny, but some folks don't get mah accent. No offense taken. Me? Well, ah ain't got no cyburnetics or fancy mental whosiwhatsits. Ahm just really darn good with mah guns here, y'know? Purdy good at livin' off the land, too."
OOC Comments
Current Bennies: 2/3
Current Wounds: 1/3
Current Fatigue: 0/2
Character: https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=82314#p82314
User avatar
Kriza
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Kriza »

Kriza signs, Healer. Druid. Ghost. She keeps it simple in case anyone knows even a little CSL.

If that doesn't work, she writes it out and hands it to whoever is closest, hoping they can read.
User avatar
Jonns Mythe (Jokers)
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:05 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Jonns Mythe (Jokers) »

Jonns, seeing Kriza Signing, says "Sorry, ma'am, ah don't know sign language."
OOC Comments
Current Bennies: 2/3
Current Wounds: 1/3
Current Fatigue: 0/2
Character: https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=82314#p82314
User avatar
Kriza
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Kriza »

Jonns Mythe (Jokers) wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:19 pm Jonns, seeing Kriza Signing, says "Sorry, ma'am, ah don't know sign language."
Kriza hands Jonns her datapad with the words written on them and raises her eyebrow as she waits to see if he is literate.
User avatar
Jackal
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Jackal »




Major: Edge -- Jack of all Trades (Artificial Skill Code, roll Spirit d10 Success d4 or raise d6)

1d10!!: [8] = 8

So CSL at d6 (maybe a little more ASL but will get point across).


As the others greet and declare their self proclaimed positive traits Jack’s blank look gives nothing away.

Quite. Stationary. Assessing. Deciding this has got to be the strangest group of companions he had worked with to date. This actually pleases him.

Moving forward towards the original SET members Jackal hears the other’s greetings each other and quickly formulates a response that is to the point and true.

Nodding at the others Jack states: “Jackal. I am quite proficient in several useful areas.”

Done with his input to the conversation he faces Kriza and signs: Nice to meet you. I am Jackal.

Nodding at her he gathers his gear and stands quietly and ready to go.
Character
Jackal

Notes: Increased Action Upgrade (3) Additional Action (Like Split the Seconds), Quick Edge. Parry 9, 10 or 11. Toughness 24 (12) Often wears riot armor in combat but just for looks and it doesn’t add to his Toughness. Otherwise, wears an armored suit & tie, or jeans and t shirts.

The 7th SET

• Chok'lat
- Cyberred up Brodkil Tank
• Strider
- Sea Titan, MARS Scholar
• Growler
- Best Boy Dogboy Nega-Psychic
• Jarvis Ursus
- Kittani PA Jock
• Jonns Mythe
- Quickflex MARS Gunslinger
• Rib
- Trimadore MARS Vagabond Martial Arts & Technical Specialist
• Kriza
- What? A Human?! MARS Psi-Druid
• Jackal
- Oh, whew, another Human...or is it? AI Pilot
• Roy
- True Atlantian Shifter
User avatar
Jonns Mythe (Jokers)
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:05 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Jonns Mythe (Jokers) »

Jonns looks at the datapad, then hands it back. "Lady says she's a 'Healer, druid and ghost.' Ah'm guessin' a healers just the thing this place needs right about now, too, so ah'm quite glad yer here, ma'am."
OOC Comments
Current Bennies: 2/3
Current Wounds: 1/3
Current Fatigue: 0/2
Character: https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=82314#p82314
User avatar
Freemage
Savage Senior
Posts: 1937
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Freemage »

The city official lets the groups introduce themselves, then interjects before you can all leave. "Two orders of business, before you go. First, we have a brief situational analysis. While I'm doing that, I'll also be cataloguing your heavier weapons and armor. While obviously, we're forgoing the usual policy during this action, once this matter is over, if you are staying in Kingsdale before leaving, you'll need to turn in those items to be stored securely." He steps over and begins the documentation process with Jarvis, even as he continues speaking.

"Sadly, as your target is in the Dregs, we only have a bit of information about the building. We know The Brick, as it is called, is a Golden Age-era warehouse whose outer walls have lasted all that time, so you can imagine how sturdy they are. It covers about a quarter of a city block, and is about 50 feet high. In recent years, someone acquired it, then built a 'hotel' of sorts--more of a flophouse, really--inside by subdividing it. There's only one way in and out of the building, and that's through the lobby which is built to fill the old cargo door entrance. We don't have any idea what the inside actually looks like, I'm afraid."

Having finished his assessment of Jarvis' gear, he continues on through the others. "We suspect that the individuals responsible for this plague are located in the building. We know they include a number of Grackletooths, but don't know where their rooms are. Please be aware that there are civilians in the building, as well--we didn't want to tip off the suspects early by evacuating the building. You are to subdue this group--take as many alive as possible, though you are authorized to use lethal force if necessary--and acquire any intel you can on the virus. If they have samples or an actual cure, even better."

Finishing his gear-audit, he looks up. "I need to be clear on this--while we would very much like the individuals responsible for this mess to be caught and punished, the intelligence on the virus MUST take priority." Having made his pitch, he is about to leave when a thought occurs to him, and he turns to Kriza.

"He said you are a 'ghost'. You should be aware that we were pointed at this building because a Legionnaire--Callie, I believe her name was?--was beaten to death in an alleyway outside the building. She had collapsed there, after stepping out of the building's walls, and was ambushed before she could recover. She was one of your kinsmen, and our autopsy indicates the prior to that, she'd been affected by a poison of some sort, probably a gas. I would not assume your people's innate abilities will keep you safe if you just walk through the walls like she did."

With that, the Jokers are permitted to move out. Upon arrival at the building, you see it is much as described--an unmarked MDC warehouse as a shell, with the cargo door having been sealed off with concrete bricks, save for a steel double-door set in the concrete. The streets are a bit occupied, even at this time (around 4 AM), but anyone who sees you immediately recognizes trouble and gets out of the way.
Instruction 1
Feel free to post any last-minute role-play here, but the guy definitely wants you moving, now that the bureaucratic business is taken care of. Feel free to make any preparation posts, including pre-casting any Powers, etc.
********************Assuming you enter through the front, rather than just blasting open a giant hole in the MDC walls********************

Entering through the steel doors, you find yourself in a roughly constructed 'lobby' consisting of a desk with clear plastic shielding (thick enough to be resistant to small-arms fire, and probably to refract laser fire, too) on the upper half. A
Common Knowledge roll to identify the clerk as a Flooper--a D-bee race known for laziness, greed and their ability to "Floop"--teleport a short distance at will.
sits behind the desk, picking his nose as you enter. He takes a desultory glance as you come in, then immediately sits up as he notes your armament.

"Hey, now, I don't want no trouble, gents and lady. No trouble at all." A passed-out drunk slumped in one of the chairs of the dingy space snores loudly.

Upon any sort of questioning--bribery, threats, even polite conversation, really--he confirms the presence of a large group of Grackles in the building. "Bunch of 'em, rented out the suite on the top floor. Up those stairs, just keep going down the hall to the far end."\
Instruction2
The interior of the building is mostly plywood. The 'rooms' are basically equipped with lockable, but fairly flimsy sliding doors. The hallways and stairwell are cramped--so you'll need to move single-file, and yes, that means we need... A Marching Order!

I'm just going to assume that at least one of you makes the Notice check to spot the small cameras placed in the stairwell, that are clearly higher-tech than anything else in the place.
Layout of the floors:
TheBrickApproach.jpg
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
.
User avatar
Chok'lat
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat nods at the instructions. "We do it quiet. Take bad guys alive. Chok'lat's good at that. Nobody even see Chok'lat coming." With zero sense of irony, he checks the chambers on his grenade launcher, shotgun, plasma cannon, then flicks the switch on his twin chain longswords to verify function. "Yep. Take 'em alive. Real quiet." He smiles an off-putting, earnest, demonic smile. "Ready?"
*** *** *** ***
Pushing into the door, Chok'lat adds little but purely visual intimidation to the discussion with the flooper, and only as needed. Upon getting the information they needed, he makes no hesitation to stride boldly to the stairway, leading the entire pack up the flight. He

Notice: 1d6!!+4: [9!!]+4 = 13
WD Notice: 1d6!!+4: [5]+4 = 9 [
the cameras so easily they might as well be marked in flashing red and blue lights. He points these out to his friends. "Chok'lat ain't invisible. Somebody knows we're coming now." He strides boldly still, clearly unconcerned with whatever might have marked their arrival.
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Toughness: 26 (14) MD
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Elan
User avatar
Kriza
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Kriza »

Kriza sticks to the rear, though not the very back, of the column as the group enters. She has mouse perch in the rafters in the main room, assuming there are any, and wait for her there. No need to have him caught in a crossfire in a tight hallway.

Heeding the warning about Callie, she does not ghost herself as they move. She does get her bow ready and keeps her eye out for trouble.
User avatar
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Growler »

"I will be following a little bit in trail. I don't like all of those rooms along out route not being properly secured before we get to the suite, but I don't think we will have enough time to do it properly before they start responding. My Cloak will help me stay
Stealth (d8 -> d12+2 (Enchanted Cloak) -> d12+3 (due Thief Edge)
Stealth: 1d12!!+3!!: [14!!]+3 = 17
Wild: 1d6!!+3!!: [2]+3 = 5
Result: 17 on Opposed Rolls
so I can counter any ambushes. I will communicate further on comms."


With that, Growler pulls his cloak tighter around himself and almost seems to vanish in front of your eyes as he gets ready to
Growler will be 6-8 yards behind the person in front of him
everyone up the stairs, his Gamma Rifle pointed low and ready.
Growler
Main Character: Tiny Tim
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Berk
Pace: 8 [12] (d8); Parry: 6 (8); Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 40 / 40
PP: 15 / 15

Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 2/3
Base Amount
-1 due Reroll on Navigation Roll
User avatar
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Jarvis smirks as the city official checks out his gear. He had a vague notion that a lot of it was illegal in most places of North America. What did these people think they were accomplishing? The Kittani guessed it helped them sleep better at night with such a false sense of security.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the bureaucracy taken care of, Jarvis fell into formation with the team. As they approached the building and questioned the
1d6!!: [5] = 5 1d6!!: [9!!] = 9
, he tests the comms with the team.

"My armor is not built for stealth, but I have the ability to take enemies alive if need be. I have....some experience with that..."

The last part of his transmission conjures memories Jarvis would have liked to forget. It was a good thing the team could not see his face. His simian features had hardened into a shameful grimace.

Jarvis then fell in behind the brodkil and Jackal in an overwatch position holding his neural rifle and capture assault system at the ready. He moved in synce with them and covered their blind spots as they crept down the corridor, his armor
1d6!!: [4] = 4 1d6!!: [2] = 2 -2 = 2
betraying their movements.
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
User avatar
Roy
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 5:49 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Roy »

Notice 1d6!! or 1d6!!: [5]+[10!!] = 15


Roy waits calmly while his relevent suplies are inventoried. As they are given instructions he only nods, and prepares himself for the mission telling the others. "My satchels can keep the data safe from most outside effects. When we find it, I can store a copy. Just remember if I fall, you will need to take it from me."

As they approach Roy readies himself for the battle, double checking the condition of his gear. While avoiding combat is generally his prefered route, he always found the adrenaline thrill of an battle was something he enjoyed more than he liked.
User avatar
Jackal
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Jackal »


1d4!!+4: [9!!]+4 = 13 , 1d6!!: [4] = 4


Following offset to the right, behind the Brodkil, Jackal assumes a tactical position utilizing
Position SUL is an extended ready position that is non-threatening, offers good weapon retention and awareness if anybody tries to get to the gun, and it keeps the gun pointed in a safe direction.
, a two handed hold on his old Secret Service blaster, the Specter SS Heavy Ion Pistol. Held close to the armor of his chest plate with the barrel pointed at a downward angle, he fluidly turned the blaster to follow his eyes. Clearing each doorway they pass with an exactly perfect SWAT team trained manner. Quiet and alert the former serviceman and body guard keeps the whole team in his line of sight utilizing 360 degree optics supported by his amplified hearing. Upon detecting the camera he briefly considered hacking the fed but ultimately concluded they had been seen already, so why bother, it would only slow them down to stop and hack it. Jackal concluded that the Brodkil didn’t seem likely to want to slow down their swift entry into the building.

Jackal immediately shut down his background thoughts on how the huge beast seemed unnaturally friendly. On the first day Jackal had popped the top of the subterranean base and entered the new rifts torn world he had been assaulted by a group of the red sub demons. Killing them all…..

Process termination - focus on current alpha and mission operations.

Silently and effortlessly Jackal glides across the floor, alert and ready for action, following Chok'lat. The dual forearm vibro-vambraces snap out then closed once ensuring they are clear and ready if he decides to switch tactics from blaster to dual blades.
Character
Jackal

Notes: Increased Action Upgrade (3) Additional Action (Like Split the Seconds), Quick Edge. Parry 9, 10 or 11. Toughness 24 (12) Often wears riot armor in combat but just for looks and it doesn’t add to his Toughness. Otherwise, wears an armored suit & tie, or jeans and t shirts.

The 7th SET

• Chok'lat
- Cyberred up Brodkil Tank
• Strider
- Sea Titan, MARS Scholar
• Growler
- Best Boy Dogboy Nega-Psychic
• Jarvis Ursus
- Kittani PA Jock
• Jonns Mythe
- Quickflex MARS Gunslinger
• Rib
- Trimadore MARS Vagabond Martial Arts & Technical Specialist
• Kriza
- What? A Human?! MARS Psi-Druid
• Jackal
- Oh, whew, another Human...or is it? AI Pilot
• Roy
- True Atlantian Shifter
User avatar
Jonns Mythe (Jokers)
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:05 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Jonns Mythe (Jokers) »

Jonns follows along, moving in a strangely relaxed and seemingly unconcerned fashion. He scans the area, looking for any sign that something is untoward.

"I hear ya, sir. If somethin' happens to ya, I'll be sure 'n grab that datapad an' get it back to HQ. Don't gotta worry 'bout it, though. We got ourselves a demon on point!" He laughs at his own joke and continues walking.
=====
Notice Check
Notice (Add 2 if Danger Sense applies) 1d8!: [5] = 5
Notice Wild Die (Add 2 if Danger Sense applies) 1d6!: [1] = 1
OOC Comments
Current Bennies: 2/3
Current Wounds: 1/3
Current Fatigue: 0/2
Character: https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=82314#p82314
User avatar
Strider
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:56 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Strider »

Strider is in the middle of the order. He isn’t concerned about safety. This marching orders great. Let’s hope they don’t have anything that shoots in a straight line, or they have the strategic acumen to take advantage of a bottleneck. These guys seem pretty tough, they might survive. He has his pistol drawn. His mind is reviewing the material in his head. This is far too advanced for Grackle Tooth, they are obviously henchmen. Hell this is too far advanced for most of the Civs on earth. I mean CS sure, but Grackle Tooth Henchmen? That is a bit atypical for CS. Now this is right up the Splugarth’s alley but not really their MO. . As a vocal afterthought he says whispering into comms. “I appreciate the stealth. But you guys sure not checking and clearing these rooms is a good idea?” Notice: d8!: [1] = 1 , d6!: [6!, 5] = 11
User avatar
Chok'lat
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat shrugs at @Strider and taps his head, a skull riddled with bionics. "Chok'lat's got good cyber. Nobody sneaks up on Chok'lat! Thin doors. Chok'lat sees and hears like they're open. Chok'lat's not worried!"
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Toughness: 26 (14) MD
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Elan
User avatar
Jonns Mythe (Jokers)
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:05 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Jonns Mythe (Jokers) »


"Y'hear that, Strider? Th' demon ain't worried! We ain't got nothin' t' worry about." Jonns chuckles as the group moves through the hallways.
OOC Comments
Current Bennies: 2/3
Current Wounds: 1/3
Current Fatigue: 0/2
Character: https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=82314#p82314
User avatar
Kriza
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Kriza »

Kriza makes a "chuff!" sound with her nose, almost like a snort but a bit more primal. A laugh, maybe?
User avatar
Freemage
Savage Senior
Posts: 1937
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Freemage »

BrickRd1.jpg
Led by Chok'lat, and bookended by Growler (who hangs back just a bit from the rest of you, just in case), you make your way through the U-shaped corridor from the stairs to the 'suite' the Grackles are supposed to be in, passing the doors to the smaller rooms along the way. The Brodkil has just reached the door and is about to kick it in/just jump through it/start rapid-firing through it to catch someone on the other side off-guard, when his shiny new EDS goes red-lined. He leaps backwards, getting a bit tangled up with the Jackal behind him, as an explosion destroys the door, the floor, and some of the walls; only the MDC roof of the building is actually unaffected.

As smoke dissipates and splinters begin to settle (and screams from the occupants of the room below the Suite begin), the doors on all sides of the Jokers slide open, revealing just way too many Grackletooths (Grackleteeth?) armed with two Vibro-Knives each. Meanwhile, from their somewhat tangled position at the front, Chok'lat and Jackal see the inhabitants of the Suite--another half-dozen Grackles, with tables and beds tipped over to form a wall of cover from which to take aim at interlopers such as yourselves.
Who Are These Guys?
Roll Common Knowledge, and check below for results. The "People and places of North America" HJ table result applies, here:
Success
Thoomba's Goombas, under the command of a Grackle named, of course, Thoomba, are a notorious all-Grackle band of mercenaries/bandits that operate in the area surrounding Whykin. They like to terrorize small settlements, especially human ones--rolling in, committing general violence and robbery, then pulling out and leaving their victims to pick up the pieces. Their leader, Thoomba, is almost certainly the big guy with the jetpack in the Suite.
Raise
Notorious doesn't begin to cover it--these guys are NASTY, often torturing and sport-killing victims. And that treatment of their targets has given them a good bit of enmity. There are currently multiple bounties on Thoomba's Goombas, all for live-capture. The bounties for rank-and-file Goombas are modest (ranging from 1K to 5K credits depending on where you go), but the price on Thoomba's head varies from 100,000 in Whykin, to 250K from the 1st Apocalyptic Cavalry--the latter is generally understood to be more of a racially motivated turf war between equally vile parties rather than the 1st acting out of the kindness of their hearts, but they have been known to pay bounties on rivals before. Castle Refuge isn't in the bounty business, sadly, though if y'all survive this, you're getting the usual combat pay bonuses, so that's nice, right?
Three of the six "Suite Grackles" look like their buddies from the corridor, though they are using two laser pistols--and a tail-gripped Uzi--from behind their improvised cover, rather than melee weapons. The other three stand out, both in terms of equipment and demeanor.

To the left, a particularly large specimen in a suit of Explorer Heavy Armor equipped with a jet-pack, leveling an NG-L20 with an undermounted grenade launcher at the 7th's front line, while his tail holds an NG-57 Heavy Ion Blaster over his head.

To the near right side, one in Urban Warrior Tactical Armor holds a polymer shield with his off-hand, as well as a pair of laser pistols in his right hand and tail.

And finally, in the far right corner, a final Grackle is wearing Bushman Armor and wields a pulse laser pistol, a Vibro-knife in his tail, and his off-hand holds a Durasteel (read: MDC material) briefcase cuffed to his wrist.

The mob of flanking Grackles move in to attack and the Suite Grackles take aim....
Lots of Goomba Rolls

G1 (Chok'lat):
Shooting Pistol/Pistol 2d10!: [5, 10!, 6] = 21 (Hit, Raise)
G1 Shooting Uzi RoF 3: 3d10!: [3, 3, 3] = 9 (Miss, Miss, Miss)
No Damage rolls needed; standard vs. MDC
G2 (Chok'lat):
G2 Shooting Pistol/Pistol 2d10!: [6, 4] = 10 (hit, Hit)
G2 Shooting Uzi RoF 3: 3d10!: [1, 10!, 2, 7] = 20 (Miss, Raise, Hit)
No Damage rolls needed; standard vs. MDC
G3 (Chok'lat):
G3 Shooting Pistol/Pistol 2d10!: [1, 9] = 10 (Miss, Hit)
G2 Shooting Uzi RoF 3: 3d10!: [1, 5, 6] = 12 (Miss Hit, Hit)
No Damage rolls needed; standard vs. MDC

G4 (Chok'lat):
G4 Fighting V-Knifex2 2d10!: [10!, 9, 9] = 28 (Raise, Miss)
G4 Vibro Raise Damage Chok'lat 2d6!!+1d12!!: [3, 2]+[2] = 7 No Effect
G5 (Jarvis):
G5 Fighting V-Knifex2 2d10!: [7, 9] = 16 (Hit, Hit)
G5 Vibro Hit Damage Jarvis 1 1d6!!+1d12!!: [5]+[9] = 14 No Effect
G5 Vibro Hit Damage Jarvis 2 1d6!!+1d12!!: [5]+[1] = 6 No Effect
G6 (Roy):
G6 Fighting V-Knifex2 2d10!: [6, 10!, 10!, 1] = 27 (Raise, Raise)
G6 Vibro Raise Damage Roy 1 2d6!!+1d12!!: [1, 3]+[6] = 10 No Effect
G6 Vibro Raise Damage Roy 2 2d6!!+1d12!!: [4, 5]+[4] = 13 No Effect
G7 (Kriza):
G7 Fighting V-Knifex2 2d10!: [9, 8] = 17 (Raise, Hit)
G7 Vibro Raise Damage Kriza 1 2d6!!+1d12!!: [5, 1]+[4] = 10 No Effect
G7 Vibro Hit Damage Kriza 2 1d6!!+1d12!!: [1]+[8] = 9 Shaken
G8 (J'onns):
G8 Fighting V-Knifex2 2d10!: [3, 10!, 1] = 14 (Miss, Raise)
G8 Vibro Raise Damage J'onns 2d6!!+1d12!!: [2, 4]+[8] = 14 1 Wound
G9 (Strider):
G9 Fighting V-Knifex2 2d10!: [1, 3] = 4 (Miss, Miss)

G10 (Growler):
G10 Fighting V-Knifex2 2d10!: [5, 3] = 8 (Miss, Miss)

G11 (Growler):
G11 Fighting V-Knifex2 2d10!: [4, 7] = 11 (Miss, Hit)
G11 Vibro Hit Damage Growler 1d6!!+1d12!!: [2]+[1] = 3 No Effect
G12 (Jackal):
G12 Fighting V-Knifex2 2d10!: [8, 5] = 13 (Miss, Miss)

G13 (Jarvis):
G13 Fighting V-Knifex2 2d10!: [4, 1] = 5 (Miss, Miss)

G14 (Roy):
G14 Fighting V-Knifex2 2d10!: [1, 5] = 6 (Miss, Hit)
G14 Vibro Hit Damage Roy 1d6!!+1d12!!: [3]+[7] = 10 No Effect
G15 (Kriza):
G15 Fighting V-Knifex2 2d10!: [3, 6] = 9 (Miss, Hit)
G15 Vibro Hit Damage Kriza 1d6!!+1d12!!: [2]+[5] = 7 No Effect
G16 (J'onns):
G16 Fighting V-Knifex2 2d10!: [6, 3] = 9 (Miss, Miss)

G17 (Strider):
G17 Fighting V-Knifex2 2d10!: [7, 3] = 10 (Hit, Miss)
G17 Vibro Hit Damage Strider 1d6!!+1d12!!: [7!!]+[4] = 11 No Effect
G18 (Full Defense: +4 Parry this round to Parry 11

G19 (Growler):
G19 Fighting V-Knifex2 2d10!: [9, 10!, 4] = 23 (Raise, Miss)
G19 Vibro Raise Damage Growler 2d6!!+1d12!!: [8!!, 2]+[8] = 18 2 Wounds
Note: Toughness after AP 6: Strider 13, Kriza 8, Jackal 18, Growler 9, J'onns 10, Roy 11, Chok'lat 20, Jarvis 15.
The Grackles strike with viciousness and fervor... but not a lot of success. The three Goombas in the Suite panic at the sight of an actual sub-demon, and waste ammo dumping small-arms fire on him with no effect, even when the shots land near his neck or face. The horde of melee attackers fare not much better. Although many of their blows land, few are able to pierce the Jokers' armor. There are a couple of exceptions, however: Kriza isn't cut, but the force of her attacker's blow knocks her off-guard for a moment; J'onn's feels the bite of a vibro-blade on his arm; and Growler, in the rear and dog-piled by three of the Goombas might actually find himself suffering a modest injury--unless he can perforate the Grackle's hide, first!
Combat Notes/Intiative
Final attack results: Kriza is Shaken (not stirred); J'onns received a single Wound; Growler gets 2 Wounds--but see below!

Initiative Groups:

Growler
Goombas
Jackal/Kryza/Strider/J'onns
Thoomba
Chok'lat/Jarvis
Khem/El Jefe
Roy

Due to being crammed into one square at the edge of the pit, Chok'Lat and Jackal are both Distracted and Vulnerable until one of them manages to get out of that shared space. The good news is that Chok'lat isn't soaking a 6d8 MD blast from the demolitions expert's booby trapped door--Danger Sense is a lovely thing, yes? Also, ranged attacks against either of them don't get the Vulnerable bonus.

Growler technically goes BEFORE the side-Goombas burst in. But in order to keep things moving, I'm also posting their actions right away; any that Growler at least Shakes will not have their actions go off, so folks should hold any Soak rolls until after he goes (yes, Growler gets to potentially retcon one or more of my 3 hits for damage). Note the cover rules below if he's attempting to pick off Goombas other than his own or Strider's.

Anyone shooting past an ally in the corridor suffers from -2 Cover and Innocent Bystander rules; anyone shooting at someone in the room suffers -4 cover, from the tipped-over furniture (these stack). El Jefe specifically has Dodge (so an additional -1), and the shield increases his total cover to -6, as well as the Dodge bonus. In addition, only Jackal and Chok'lat have free choice of targets in the Suite; Jarvis could shoot Goomba 1, Goomba 2, or Thoomba. Everyone further back can only attempt to shoot Goomba 2.

Crossing the space opened up in the floor requires a successful Athletics roll from the shared space with Chok'lat and Jackal (they are the only ones who can attempt this right now, and remember, Distracted). Of course, flight or other special movement will deal with that fairly readily.

You can move through friendlies in the hallway, but cannot voluntarily end up in the same square.

Once Growler has gone, folks can Soak if necessary from the Goombas, and Jackal, Strider, Kryza and J'onns can post.

Enemy stats:
Goombas: Parry 7, Toughness 18(5)
Thoomba: Parry 7, -4 Cover, Toughness 19(6); 2 Bennies
Khem: Parry 5, -4 Cover, Toughness 16(6); 2 Bennies
El Jefe: Parry 9, -6 Cover w/-1 Dodge, Toughness 15(5) Melee, 19(9) Ranged; 3 Bennies
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
.
User avatar
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Growler »

Common Knowledge: 1d4!!: [1] = 1
Wild: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Result: 5 - Success.
  • Thoomba's Goombas, under the command of a Grackle named, of course, Thoomba, are a notorious all-Grackle band of mercenaries/bandits that operate in the area surrounding Whykin. They like to terrorize small settlements, especially human ones--rolling in, committing general violence and robbery, then pulling out and leaving their victims to pick up the pieces. Their leader, Thoomba, is almost certainly the big guy with the jetpack in the Suite.

Psionics - Boost Trait - Shooting (+2 due Cost of -1 after limitations)
  • Psionics: 1d8!!+2!!: [12!!]+2 = 14
    Wild: 1d6!!+2!!: [3]+2 = 5
    Result: 14 - Success with Raise - +2 to Shooting

2 Actions
Shooting (Called Shot - Head (Penalty cancelled due Sharpshooter), -> d12 due Boost Trait, -> d12+1 due Gun, ->d12+2 due Helmet, ->d12 due -2 MaP)
  • Shooting: 1d12!!: [9] = 9
    Wild: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
    Result: 9 - Success with Raise.
    • Damage: 4d6!!: [1, 3, 1, 1] = 6 AP2 +4 (Headshot) + 1d6!!: [2] = 2 (Raise) = 12
      • Bennie Reroll
        • Damage: 4d6!!: [1, 2, 4, 10!!] = 17 AP2 + 4 (Headshot) + 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7 = 28AP2 - 3 Wounds.

Shooting (Called Shot - Head (Penalty cancelled due Sharpshooter), -> d12 due Boost Trait, -> d12+1 due Gun, ->d12+2 due Helmet, ->d12 due -2 MaP)
  • Shooting: 1d12!!: [2] = 2
    Wild: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
    Result: 4 - Success.
    • Damage: 4d6!!: [2, 4, 4, 4] = 14 AP2 + 4 (Headshot) = 18AP2 - Shaken.


Half expecting an ambush, Growler is ready when the Grackle start revealing themselves. After concentrating to enter a sort of Zen meditation, Growler shoots both the two rearmost Grackle... taking one down with a shot right between the eyes and a glancing shot on the other which rings his bell.

"Ambush!!! These Grackle are Thoomba's Goombas, and the ugliest one with the jet pack is their leader. Open fire on them!!!"
Last edited by Growler on Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:44 am, edited 5 times in total.
Growler
Main Character: Tiny Tim
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Berk
Pace: 8 [12] (d8); Parry: 6 (8); Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 40 / 40
PP: 15 / 15

Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 2/3
Base Amount
-1 due Reroll on Navigation Roll
User avatar
Kriza
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Kriza »

Common Knowledge Success
Does Kriza know of these people? Common Knowledge 1d6!, Wild 1d6!: [1]+[4] = 5
She recognizes the group of bad guys, but cannot do much to convey what she knows to the rest of the team in the heat of the moment (Mute Hindrance).
User avatar
Jonns Mythe (Jokers)
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:05 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Jonns Mythe (Jokers) »

Jonns had heard of these guys, and grinned. It's always freeing when you know the people your killing are scumbags who deserve it. Common Knowledge 1d6!: [5] = 5 Wild Die 1d6!: [4] = 4

His humor is shortlived, though as he is clipped by one of the Grackle's vibro-knives, leaving a long gash on his left arm. Soak Wound 1d10!: [1] = 1 Soak Wild Die 1d6!: [1] = 1
OOC Comments
Current Bennies: 2/3
Current Wounds: 1/3
Current Fatigue: 0/2
Character: https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=82314#p82314
User avatar
Strider
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:56 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Strider »

Kittani Sword: 7 Parry
Toughness: 19 (6)
Wounds: 0/3

Strider not surprised by the attack, nonchalantly draws a hilt from his belt, which soon after lights the area as a plasma blade rises from it. He stabs past his allies at the two closest enemies.
Trademark Weapon +1 to hit, Multi Attack -2 - Total -1
Attack 1: Fighting - 1d8!-1: [5]-1 = 4 , Wild - 1d6!-1: [5]-1 = 4
1 Bennie 1d8!-1: [6]-1 = 5 , Wild - 1d6!-1: [1]-1 = 0
Damage: d10!+2d12!: [8]+[6, 10] = 24

Attack 2: Fighting - 1d8!-1: [7]-1 = 6 , Wild - 1d6!-1: [6!, 2]-1 = 7 Damage: d10!+2d12!: [3]+[12!, 5, 11] = 31

“Bad news, they have us choked! Good news, they are choked too.”

1 Benny Left
User avatar
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Jarvis grimaces beneath his visor. He knew he had been making too much noise. A few flexes pf his jaw muscles and blinks silenced the warnings his power armor was flashing across his HUD and brought the chaos of the situation into sharp focus. Dropping his right shoulder and pivoting to his left, he
Fighting 1d8!!: [15!!] = 15 1d6!!: [3] = 3 , -2 MAP =13 Raise!
the silver bayonet on his disruptor rifle towards the Goomba on his left
1d12!!: [1] = 1 1d8!!: [5] = 5 1d6!!: [4] = 4 , Yeah we will Benny that: 1d12!!: [1] = 1 1d8!!: [10!!] = 10 1d6!!: [5] = 5 Ugh 18 Damage: Shaken
him in his midsection hard enough to knock the wind out of him, but not with enough force to do any significant damage.

As his right shoulder continues to dip, his sensors indicate that he has a clear shot past Chok'lat and the Kittani immediately gives the command for the launchers on his shoulder to
1d8!!: [6] = 6 1d6!!: [5] = 5 Both should be at only MAP which is negated by the STS, Chok'lat has cleared the way and firing at the cover, not those behind it
two concussion grenades into the room opposite the melee. One strikes the overturned table on the left and the other strikes the left side of the table in the center.
OOC Comments
SO I am placing essentially two havocs right in front of Goomba 1, one right in front of him and one in the top right of the square closer to Goomba 2. Not sure how they would overlap, but it should catch Goomba 1, Goomba 2 and El Jefe
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
User avatar
Jackal
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Jackal »

OOC Comments

GM: “Due to being crammed into one square at the edge of the pit, Chok'Lat and Jackal are both Distracted and Vulnerable until one of them manages to get out of that shared space.”

DISTRACTED: The hero subtracts 2 from all
Trait rolls until the end of his next turn.
„ VULNERABLE: Actions and attacks against the target are made at +2 until the end of his nextturn.Thisdoesn’tstackwithTheDrop (see below)—use only the highest.



Jackal inwardly curses his mistake.

Too close. Too …

  • Flashback

    As the Secret Service detail escorted the Vice President’s son across the tarmac gun fire erupted.

    Agent Jack Hall grabbed the 24 year old kid and pulled him into a protective hold, even as the kid screamed and begged Jack to let him go. Kid seemed inclined to hide under the jet. But. Hall held him protectively. The high caliber bullet hit Jack in his upper right back, tore through his body and exited his chest where a human’s heart would be. Non lethal to the AI SS … Jack looked down at the dead boy in his arms. The bullet had continued on, right into the boys…

The memory pained Jackal.

Rolling right, away from the Brodkil, Jackal put space between them to allow the demon room to operate.


Successfully Moved but cost 2 bennies
Jackal is just getting out of the Brodkils way this action.

At -2

1d12!!: [5] = 5
Athletic Roll
1d6!!: [2] = 2
WD

Bennie 1d12!!: [5] = 5
A51A18CD-5311-4598-96A3-5B7F43FDC2A8.jpeg
B2 1d12!!: [11] = 11

Final roll is a 9.
Character
Jackal

Notes: Increased Action Upgrade (3) Additional Action (Like Split the Seconds), Quick Edge. Parry 9, 10 or 11. Toughness 24 (12) Often wears riot armor in combat but just for looks and it doesn’t add to his Toughness. Otherwise, wears an armored suit & tie, or jeans and t shirts.

The 7th SET

• Chok'lat
- Cyberred up Brodkil Tank
• Strider
- Sea Titan, MARS Scholar
• Growler
- Best Boy Dogboy Nega-Psychic
• Jarvis Ursus
- Kittani PA Jock
• Jonns Mythe
- Quickflex MARS Gunslinger
• Rib
- Trimadore MARS Vagabond Martial Arts & Technical Specialist
• Kriza
- What? A Human?! MARS Psi-Druid
• Jackal
- Oh, whew, another Human...or is it? AI Pilot
• Roy
- True Atlantian Shifter
User avatar
Freemage
Savage Senior
Posts: 1937
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Freemage »

OOC Comments
Thoomba Shooting.
L-20 on Heavy Pulse at Chok'lat; Heavy Ion Pistol at Jackal. No MAP because tail.
Shooting d8. +1 for Multi-Optics. Laser +1 for Heavy Pulse (also +3 damage); Ion +2 for Shotgun Rules

Heavy Ion Blaster at Jackal:
Shooting Ion/Jackal 1d8!!+3: [1]+3 = 4
Wild Shooting I/J 1d6!!+3: [5]+3 = 8
Raise!
Raise I/J Damage 3d8!!+2: [3, 3, 2]+2 = 10
Heh. Not only does it not get through, but the MDC armor (which he's unaware of, as Jackal LOOKS human) would've prevented the damage, anyway.

Pulse Laser at Chok'lat:
Shooting Laser/Chok'lat 1d8!!+2: [7]+2 = 9
Wild Shooting 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Raise!
Raise Damage 5d6!!+3 AP 2 MD: [1, 3, 2, 4, 3]+3 = 16
Well, that was unimpressive....
As Jackal leaps across the hole, he is met with an Ion Blast to the arm, but it just glances off of him. He also sees a pulsing laser shot go past himself at Chok'lat, who doesn't even feel his skin get warm.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
.
User avatar
Chok'lat
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat pauses only long enough to bear the brunt of the frontal attack, soaking up most of the laser and gunfire. @Jackal manages to make the leap across the chasm, freeing the subdemon's range of motion. He shouts at his friend. "HEY! Chok'lat goes first! They can't hurt Chok'lat!" In a zero-step jump,
Athletics to bridge the gap: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
WD Athletics: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
to bring his foes into range and to open up the hallway for a line of fire. His shield clutched to his chest leaves free range of motion for his chain longswords to make an appearance. The blades scream to life, drowned out by the furious howling of the brodkil. Chok'lat rears back to swing, but instead his
Fighting Test against Thoomba: 1d10!!+4: [4]+4 = 8
WD Test: 1d6!!+4: [2]+4 = 6
, knocking it into the huge grackletooth. Unfortunately, Thoomba's stance and bulk soak the impact with little effect. Still, the grackle can't ward off the furious,

Frenzy 1 Fighting vs. Thoomba: 1d10!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Frenzy 2 Fighting vs. Thoomba: 1d10!!+2: [8]+2 = 10
WD Fighting vs. Thoomba: 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
as Chok'lat rains down strike after brutal strike,
AP 4
Thoomba damage 1: 1d12!!+3d4!!+3: [5]+[5!!, 5!!, 3]+3 = 21
Thoomba damage 2: 1d12!!+3d4!!+3: [9]+[7!!, 1, 11!!]+3 = 31
into the grackle's armor. The blows land hard enough to knock Thoomba into his friend, forcing the third grackle

Test vs. G3: 1d10!!+4: [12!!]+4 = 16
WD Test: 1d6!!+4: [3]+4 = 7
. This leaves him vulnerable to

Fighting vs vulnerable G3: 1d10!!+4: [6]+4 = 10
Frenzy 2 vs. G3: 1d10!!+4: [6]+4 = 10
WD Vs. G3: 1d6!!+4: [3]+4 = 7
delivered by the almost-redeemed demon. Chok'lat's sword

G3 damage 1: 1d12!!+3d4!!+3: [5]+[6!!, 1, 9!!]+3 = 24
G3 damage 2: 1d12!!+3d4!!+3: [10]+[3, 1, 7!!]+3 = 24
leaving his foe a gnarled, bloody mess. "Chok'lat says give up now or Chok'lat's gonna carve you up too! Nicely though!"
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Toughness: 26 (14) MD
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Elan
User avatar
Freemage
Savage Senior
Posts: 1937
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Freemage »

G3 dead, Thoomba at 3 Wounds
G3 is dead. Thoomba attempts to Soak:
Thoomba Soak 1 Wd: 1d12!!: [11] = 11
Wild Vigor 1 Wd: 1d6!!: [15!!] = 15
Huh. Bit of Overkill. Now to try to soak some of that 4-Wd Hit:

Thoomba Soak 4 Wd 1d12!!: [6] = 6
Wild Vigor 4 Wd: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Using GM Benny:
Thoomba Soak 4 Wd 1d12!!: [3] = 3
Wild Vigor 4 Wd: 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Using GM Benny
Thoomba Soak 4 Wd 1d12!!: [2] = 2
Wild Vigor 4 Wd: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Okay, that's it for him: Net 3 Wounds.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
.
User avatar
Kriza
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Kriza »

Kriza
Spirit 1d8!, Wild 1d6!: [4]+[1] = 5
the strike she took and quickly surveys the damage.

She moves to @Jonns Mythe (Jokers) and
Psionics 1d10!, Wild 1d6!: [3]+[2] = 5 +2 for Healer
Without a sound, his wound begins to mend.

She nods to him and crouches low, wishing there were cover in this damned hallway.
User avatar
Jonns Mythe (Jokers)
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:05 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Jonns Mythe (Jokers) »

Jonns nods at Kriza and says "Thank ya, ma'am." then draws both pistols and fires at G8 with one hand and G16 with the other.
Firing at G8
NG-45LP Long Pistol at G8 1d12!: [11] = 11 NG-45LP Long Pistol Wild Die at G8 1d6!: [1] = 1
Hit With a Raise.
Damage = NG-45LP Long Pistol Damage = 3d8!+1d6!: [2, 7, 2]+[4] = 15 AP3
Firing at G15
NG-45LP Long Pistol at G15 1d12!: [5] = 5 NG-45LP Long Pistol Wild Die at G15 1d6!: [3] = 3
Hit, no raise.
Damage = NG-45LP Long Pistol Damage = 3d8!: [1, 5, 4] = 10 AP3
OOC Comments
Current Bennies: 2/3
Current Wounds: 1/3
Current Fatigue: 0/2
Character: https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=82314#p82314
User avatar
Chok'lat
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Chok'lat »

The shockwave hits Chok'lat like a ton of bricks, but the brodkil is already
Strength 1: 1d12!!-2: [9]-2 = 7
WD Strength 1: 1d6!!-2: [7!!]-2 = 5
Strength 2: 1d12!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
WD Strength 2: 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Elan Strength 2: 1d12!!: [7] = 7
Elan WD Strength 2: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
and weathers the storm with little effect.
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Toughness: 26 (14) MD
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Elan
User avatar
Jackal
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Jackal »

From Discord
You are both Distracted, and must make two strength rolls (with the Distracted penalty) vs the havoc effects. Fail either one, you get the knock back from the book. Odds of slamming a wall are pretty high, here.

FIRST STR CHECK
1S 1d12!!-2: [9]-2 = 7
1WS 1d6!!-2: [9!!]-2 = 7



SECOND STR CHECK
2S 1d12!!-2: [10]-2 = 8
2WS 1d6!!-2: [33!!]-2 = 31
As the shockwave hits Jackal he turns to face it head on and edges his body to take a larger blast of it to shield the Brodkil. The outer layer of his skin is exfoliated and he grins as he leans into it.
Character
Jackal

Notes: Increased Action Upgrade (3) Additional Action (Like Split the Seconds), Quick Edge. Parry 9, 10 or 11. Toughness 24 (12) Often wears riot armor in combat but just for looks and it doesn’t add to his Toughness. Otherwise, wears an armored suit & tie, or jeans and t shirts.

The 7th SET

• Chok'lat
- Cyberred up Brodkil Tank
• Strider
- Sea Titan, MARS Scholar
• Growler
- Best Boy Dogboy Nega-Psychic
• Jarvis Ursus
- Kittani PA Jock
• Jonns Mythe
- Quickflex MARS Gunslinger
• Rib
- Trimadore MARS Vagabond Martial Arts & Technical Specialist
• Kriza
- What? A Human?! MARS Psi-Druid
• Jackal
- Oh, whew, another Human...or is it? AI Pilot
• Roy
- True Atlantian Shifter
User avatar
Freemage
Savage Senior
Posts: 1937
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Freemage »

OOC Comments
Grackle Sitrep:

G1 & 2 Distracted
El Jefe Distracted
Thoomba Distracted
EJ and G1 must make 2 Strength rolls, G 2 and Thoomba each roll once.
Spot Ruling: Cover from tables gives a +2 to resist the knockback, but does not prevent the Distracted penalty (so they are rolling straight Strength for this, but all other actions get penalized). This also destroys the tables themselves, as they run into heavily armed Grackles who knock the flimsy furnishings aside.
Rolls
G1 Strength 1 1d12!!: [7] = 7
G1 Strength 2 1d12!!: [5] = 5
G2 Strength 1d12!!: [5] = 5
Thoomba Strength 1d12!!-3: [3]-3 = 0
Thoomba Wild Strength 1d6!!-3: [4]-3 = 1
Fail, Damage: Thoomba Damage 2d4!!: [2, 1] = 3
El Jefe Strength 1 1d10!!: [3] = 3
El Jefe Wild Strength 1 1d6!!: [2] = 2
El Jefe Benny Str 1 1d10!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
EJ Benny Wild Str 1 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
El Jefe Strength 2 1d10!!: [7] = 7
El Jefe Wild Strength 2 1d6!!: [4] = 4

Internal dissent!
EJ in charge:
-2 Distracted, +2 Menacing:
Intimidation 1d8!!: [2] = 2
Wild Intimidate 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Benny:
EJ Benny Intimidate 1d8!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Wild Intimidate 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5

Thoomba Doesn't Like This:
Thoomba Spirit 1d10!!-3: [6]-3 = 3
Wild Spirit 1d6!!-3: [4]-3 = 1
Thoomba: 0 bennies, 3 Wounds
El Jefe: 3 Bennies, no injuries, Distracted
Khem: 2 Bennies, no injuries
Goombas:
Distracted: G1, G2
Shaken: G11, G5
Down: G3, G19, G9, G17

Goombas are knocked around and die horribly. What little damage the Jokers have taken is already healed. And there's a freakin' Brodkil on the 'wrong' side of the hole in the ground. More perceptive characters might actually be able to hear the gears grinding in the head of the Grackle to their left....

"Alright! I see how it goes! I got a deal I think you'll like, at least better than you'll like how it plays out otherwise." He keeps his vibro-dagger and shield up, but doesn't attempt to step out from behind the table just yet.

When Growler signals to go ahead with the stand-off, the Grackletooth nods and continues.

"Okay, it's pretty clear to me that if we decide to fight to the death, then we die. We maybe take one of you down if we get lucky, but in the end we die. Now, if we surrender, then we get jailed, and then probably killed. Also not ideal. But we do got one bit of leverage of our own. Khem, hold up the case." The last Grackletooth holds up his left arm, with a durasteel attache case cuffed to it. "There's four things in that case: one, a sample of the virus. Two, a sample of the cure. Three, a sample of the vaccine. And four, enough plastic explosive to put a crack in this place's walls." He lets that sit for a moment, then goes on again.

"So, here's my proposal: Me and Khem, here, ain't got any bounties on us. So, along with the Goombas who're still standing, we walk out free and clear--you escort us a bit outside the edge of the quarantine zone to where our ride is stashed, Khem gives you the case and activates the timed defuser--after thirty minutes, the case pops open with no boom whatsoever--then we head out. You keep Thoomba, here..."

Thommba's head snaps up, and he begins to say something in protest, when he gets shut down by El Jefe. ... which he's going to go along with, because he knows it's his fault this op went south, and also how long it took Lex Talon to die." Thoomba almost looks ready to continue arguing the point, but then subsides into sullen silence. El Jefe continues. "So, you get all the intel you need to not only stop this thing, but make it a non-plot going forward. You also get a bounty on the most wanted Grackletooth this side of the Mississippi. The rest of us get to get out."

He pauses one last time. "Or, we keep fighting, and as a spiteful bit of revenge for us getting captured or killed, we blow the case. You get 'justice', and at least a few hundred more people die, and maybe someone breaks quarantine before you can find a treatment, let alone a vaccine, and then it spreads before you can get a handle on it. Your choice."
Do you have some sort of Contacts/Connections with the Black Market?
IF you have some tie to the Black Market on your sheet, you may make a Common Knowledge roll at -2:
Failure: You HAVE heard of El Jefe (but not Khem)--he's a vengeful and spiteful bastard, but he does keep his word--if he makes a deal, he honors it.
Lex Talon was a Black Market Expiditer who screwed up an operation, and then tried to pin it on someone else. When his bosses found out, he died... ugly.

To be precise, Lex was tortured to death, but before they started in, they told him his family would be allowed to live for one year for every day he survived. Rumor has it they even resurrected him once or twice before he finally opted to not come back.

GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
.
User avatar
Chok'lat
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat hauls back his chainswords for another strike when the lead grackle proposes his parley. Chok'lat is visibly dissatisfied with the ceasefire, but his newfound sense of fairness leads him to pull back. "Okay. Chok'lat's listening." The offer is distasteful, but so is a virus-spreading explosion that kills more people. He can't help but sneer at the plastic explosive comment: "Chok'lat could survive."
As El Jefe finishes his proposal, Chok'lat shrugs. "Chok'lat don't like that deal, but Chok'lat don't like innocent people dying even more. Chok'lat's okay with it." He scans the faces of his associates who are much more likely to succumb to a mega-damage explosion at ground-zero range. Then he turns back to El Jefe. "You do like you said, you get to go. Chok'lat agrees." In a beat, any hint of redeemed brodkil fades away and all of the demon essence he can muster
Intimidation: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
WD Intimidation: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
. "Chok'lat's still a demon and Chok'lat still knows how to make dying hurt real bad for a real long time. And you guys don't look like you die easy. Chok'lat might even enjoy it a little. You break deal and Chok'lat will introduce you to Chok'lat's old friends in Hell." He pulls back and smiles his freakish, demonic smile. "Even Chok'lat's scared of them." He revs his chainswords once more for effect.
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Toughness: 26 (14) MD
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Elan
User avatar
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Jarvis turns to face El Jefe and lowers his disruptor rifle. The Kittani's voice comes over the power armor's loudspeaker, "As a gesture of good faith, I suggest you all lay down your weapons and divest yourself of any and all military hardware.

As he speaks the covers open on the power armor's remaining grenade launchers.

"I know my teammates can withstand another volley.
Intimidation: 1d6!!: [1] = 1 1d6!!: [2] = 2 Benny 1d6!!: [2] = 2 1d6!!: [2] = 2
?

OOC Comments
Well that isn't any help
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
User avatar
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Growler »

Will be leading the Negotiations since he does not know who in the group would be a better mouthpiece (Once we have some downtime, he will)
  • Persuasion (At least +1 due Chok'Lat, but not adding due to not knowing how much to add)
    • Persuasion: 1d4!!: [2] = 2
      Wild: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
      Result: 4 - Success.


I wish Hera was here... she was always much better at talking to people outside of the pack. We can't just let them destroy what they claim is the cure and a vaccine if there is any chance they are telling the truth.

"That is an interesting idea, but we have no way to know if you are just blowing smoke up our butts. YOU are a group of criminals who are not above spreading a plague in a populated center in order to forward your own agenda. WE, on the other hand, are members of the Tomorrow Legion. WE have a reputation for doing the right thing and helping people. For all we know, you hand us over the briefcase and leave... then it is either empty, it blows up on us, or a list of other shenanigans. We need a further act of good faith... maybe one of the vials, your
He wouldn't have to even tell us which vial it is...
. It will show us that there are actually the vials you mentioned in it, even if we don't know the contents match the label."
Growler
Main Character: Tiny Tim
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Berk
Pace: 8 [12] (d8); Parry: 6 (8); Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 40 / 40
PP: 15 / 15

Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 2/3
Base Amount
-1 due Reroll on Navigation Roll
User avatar
Jonns Mythe (Jokers)
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:05 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Jonns Mythe (Jokers) »

Jonns nods once towards Growler. "If the cure is in the case, well, seems to me lettin' these boys go is an acceptable cost. And, if it ain't, well, they know we can find 'em and won't be happy when we do. Dealin' square is in their best interest. Ah think we can trust 'em."
OOC Comments
Current Bennies: 2/3
Current Wounds: 1/3
Current Fatigue: 0/2
Character: https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=82314#p82314
User avatar
Strider
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:56 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Strider »

Growler wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:42 am I wish Hera was here... she was always much better at talking to people outside of the pack. We can't just let them destroy what they claim is the cure and a vaccine if there is any chance they are telling the truth.

"That is an interesting idea, but we have no way to know if you are just blowing smoke up our butts. YOU are a group of criminals who are not above spreading a plague in a populated center in order to forward your own agenda. WE, on the other hand, are members of the Tomorrow Legion. WE have a reputation for doing the right thing and helping people. For all we know, you hand us over the briefcase and leave... then it is either empty, it blows up on us, or a list of other shenanigans. We need a further act of good faith... maybe one of the vials, your
He wouldn't have to even tell us which vial it is...
. It will show us that there are actually the vials you mentioned in it, even if we don't know the contents match the label."
Ok this Growler is more shrewd than I expected. Intel isn’t always right. Exclude the possibility this op is a distraction. Make sure what is supposed to be there is there before making a deal. Strider walks up to Growlers side, You will set the timer for now. We open the case if it is the cure, then your proposal is accepted. We are the Tomorrow Legion. If you give us the cure our business is done. We don’t need to take your lives at that point. I am here for the soul purpose of making sure the antidote is confirmed. I can examine the contents and make sure they are the antidote. And I hope these guys aren’t lying.”

He turns to Growler. “I can still hear the screams of the last guys that tried to double cross you in my sleep, boss. I didn’t know the level of pain that would cause screams like that was possible.

Persuasion: d4!: [4!, 1] = 5 Wild: d6!: [5] = 5
User avatar
Kriza
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Kriza »

Kriza tries signing, and then she tries pictionary-ing her contribution: a ghost still stalks them. She will turn intangible at the end, becoming shadowy and semi-translucent, to accentuate her point.

Her intent is to hammer home the team's resolve, should they fail to follow through.
Performance 4, +1 to Support
Performance 1d6!, Wild 1d6!: [4]+[2] = 6
User avatar
Freemage
Savage Senior
Posts: 1937
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Freemage »

El Jefe considers the argument presented, and chuckles wryly. "Well, can't say I have moral objections to a shakedown. But me and the boys are gonna be traveling, and you don't get far in these parts without weapons and armor. So, you get all the stuff on the Goombas you downed, and I'll throw in our operational budget, or at least what's left of it." With his tail, he reaches into a pocket and grabs a credstick, tossing it to Chok'lat. The balance shows 80,000 Credits. "We good with that?"

If everyone accedes to the agreement, you're able to secure Thoomba and get the fallen Goomba's gear secured by the city officials before escorting El Jefe and the remaining crew out. The city hall functionary isn't thrilled about letting them go, but agrees that the cure and vaccine are the top priority, here.

The same city official arranges for a convenient distraction for the mob of protesters at the north gate of the city; thus, the group is able to slip out, appearing to be just another quarantine patrol heading to duty. As you clear the outer security circle, El Jefe turns and starts a rapid walk to the west; it becomes clear very quickly he's heading towards the Nexus of the two Ley Lines that tri-sect the city itself. As you round a bend and the trees part, you can see the actual intersection. Standing not far away, a figure in a TW suit of Gladius armor is standing, waiting. He's clearly watching as you all approach.

About ten yards from the figure, El Jefe holds up a clawed hand. "Alright, this is good. Khem, set the timer on the lock and give 'em the case." Khem, who has said pretty much nothing this entire time, nods and does so, handing it to Growler; the timer has a 30 minute countdown. El Jefe continues, "Alright, in half an hour, the case disarms and pops open. Everything you need's in there. Might wanna be careful who gets ahold of it." He gives a toothy grin. "Some people might put that kind of intel to bad use. And don't try opening it early--that flashbang we had set on the door ain't nothing compared to what's in there."

Then he turns to the figure in the Gladius suit, stepping up to him, with Khem in tow. "Alright, Merc, let's go. You, me and Khem." He glances over his shoulder at you all. "You can have however many Goombas you can catch." The Goombas, startled at being decreed expendable, begin to scatter, knowing they're too outgunned to make a fight of it. 'Merc' just reaches out to the two senior Grackles and activates a Ley Line Portal with the expert touch of a dedicated Shifter; since it starts on the Ley Line, it'd be tough to tell which direction the three of them go, let alone how far.

Well, at least you can increase the bounty you get by rounding up the scrubs....
Everyone Roll!
Okay, pick a Skill and roll it, with appropriate flavor text. Feel free to get creative--if you've got a way to use Common Knowledge, or whatever, go for it. Fighting and Shooting may only be used if you have a non-lethal weapon option (at least, if you want to collect the live bounty). If you don't have such a weapon, you can still roll Fighting at -2 if you prefer, using the weapons in a non-lethal manner or beating them with your fists. Every Success or Raise achieved nabs on Goomba, up to a total available count of 15; any you catch will be part of the ultimate bounty collected.

Once everyone's posted, I'll do an aftermath/loot post, leading to a downtime option.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
.
User avatar
Kriza
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Kriza »

Psionics, One Success
Psionics 1d10!, Wild 1d6!: [1]+[4] = 5
As the Goombas scatter, Kriza points at one and
She uses overgrowth (her version of the entangle power)
, wrapping up the fleeing mook entirely.

She holds out her arm and Mouse lands on it, preening a bit.
User avatar
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Growler »

Tracking using Survival (+2 due Keen Scent)
  • Survival: 1d8!!+2!!: [5]+2 = 7
    Wild: 1d6!!+2!!: [5]+2 = 7
    • I have too many EP... gonna spend 1 for a Bennie to Reroll
      • Survival: 1d8!!+2!!: [1]+2 = 3
        Wild: 1d6!!+2!!: [4]+2 = 6
      I still have too many EP... spending a second one...
      • Survival: 1d8!!+2!!: [5]+2 = 7
        Wild: 1d6!!+2!!: [9!!]+2 = 11
    Result: 11 - Success with Raise. 2 Goombas captured.


"I think it almost goes without saying, El Jefe, but if I ever see you again, I will be bringing you in for justice... and if you have tricked us, I WILL find you and track you down and capture you. Now just get out of my sight before I change my mind."

"You Goombas, you can run away all you want, but you will just end up tired when I catch you."


Opening the mask for his armor to allow his nose to do its job, Growler starts loping after the sprinting Goombas, knowing that his nose will allow him to eventually find them.

I fought off the disease once already, and now we have a treatment and a cure, supposedly. I will be fine... and we need to catch as many of these Goombas as possible and bring them to justice, since we can't get their boss.
Growler
Main Character: Tiny Tim
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Berk
Pace: 8 [12] (d8); Parry: 6 (8); Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 40 / 40
PP: 15 / 15

Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 2/3
Base Amount
-1 due Reroll on Navigation Roll
User avatar
Jonns Mythe (Jokers)
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:05 am

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Jonns Mythe (Jokers) »

Noticing Growler tracking down the Goombas, Jonns falls into a synergistic pattern, helping herd the goombas and keep them from getting away.
Survival Assist for Growler
Survival 1d8!!+2: [7]+2 = 9
Wild Die 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Raise should give Growler +2, which would be 13 total; 2 Raises
OOC Comments
Current Bennies: 2/3
Current Wounds: 1/3
Current Fatigue: 0/2
Character: https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=82314#p82314
User avatar
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Jarvis, not liking the terms of the deal but accepting that it is the only viable option, watches El Jefe and Khem step into the dimensional portal. His heavy simian brow furrows in thought and frustration as he wonders what really is going on. As the Goombas scatter, he breaks from his contemplation and sighs, stretching out his left forearm in the direction of the fleeing Grackletooths.

The Capture Assault system housed in the left forearm of the armor
Shooting 1d8!!: [5] = 5 1d6!!: [5] = 5
with a pneumatic 'thwump' and a Goomba goes down tumbling tail over head caught up in the fired bola. An instant later the internal winch whirs and drags the poor double crossed lacky back towards the group.
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
User avatar
Chok'lat
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat only stares into El Jefe's eyes as they move to the portal. "Chok'lat has favors in Hell if you break the deal."
And with a crackle of power, they're gone. Chok'lat then gets to return to having a little fun.
Fighting: 1d10!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
WD Fighting: 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Benny with Elan Fighting: 1d10!!+4: [5]+4 = 9
WD Elan Fighting: 1d6!!+4: [11!!]+4 = 15
! goes Zakkael's Staff of Justice as a grackle falls unconscious from a deft smack across the head. Juiced up on a strange mix of delight in violence and the satisfaction of winning a fight without killing anybody, the grackles can't move fast enough to escape the brodkil's gait. BONK again as another goes limp. "Chok'lat's faster than you guys, but keep running! You just get tied up tired!" BONK and another one skids into the dirt.
"How many you guys get?!" he boasts as he drags three limp but living bodies back to the rest of the crew.
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Toughness: 26 (14) MD
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Elan
User avatar
Kriza
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Kriza »

Chok'lat wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:20 pm
"How many you guys get?!" he boasts as he drags three limp but living bodies back to the rest of the crew.
Kriza thumps her hand to her chest plate one time and then points to the entangled (and much bigger than her) Goomba.

She mimes picking up the Goomba and throwing him over her shoulder, and then points to Chok'lat, raising an eyebrow.

Her hand makes the sign for help, though Chol'lat probably doesn't know that.
User avatar
Chok'lat
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat nods emphatically. "Yeah! Chok'lat can help you pick him up!"
The demon bounces happily over to @Kriza's trophy. He bends down to pick the grackle up, then pauses to pose a question. "You ain't as big as Chok'lat. You can carry him?"
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Toughness: 26 (14) MD
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Elan
User avatar
Kriza
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: Bugged: The Beginning of the End

Post by Kriza »

Chok'lat wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:31 pm He bends down to pick the grackle up, then pauses to pose a question. "You ain't as big as Chok'lat. You can carry him?"
Kriza shakes her head emphatically and points back at Chok'lat.
Post Reply

Return to “7th SET Adventure Forum”