21 June 110 PA
The heat was oppressive. It had been hot when the team had first rolled south of the Rio Grande but now it was truly oppressive. The thick jungle had given way to open arid scrubland. Now the vegetation was all gone. The environmental controls of the ATV were pushed to their limit. The temperature in the ATV had been climbing steady for hours. Now it was pushing 100°F inside. Everyone knew if the environmental controls failed the inside would rapidly overtake the temperature outside and that was over 130°F.
Density manifested an hour after noon. The was a loud pop then a hiss and the vents started blowing very hot air into the interior of the ATV. The temperature begin to climb rapidly. @Rowli looked around franticly but was unable to quickly spot any shade in the vast empty landscape. Rowli pulled to a stop and the crew disembarked to a very little patch of shade on the northern side of the ATV. While they were quickly discussing what to do a large group of giant lizards swarmed through the heat mirage and bore down on them.
Surviving the Heat - Roll Vigor -2 for extreme heat and -1 more for vigorous activity. EBA adds +4.
- Raise - no additional effect
- Success - no effect from heat
- Failure - take 1 fatigue
- Critical Failure - take 2 fatigue
- Raise - Spot them quick and get +1 to your action roll.
- Success - Spot them and get an action roll at no mods.
- Failure - Slow to spot them and get -1 to your action
- Critical Failure - Only spot them when they bite you. Take -2 to your action and get bumps and bruises. (1 fatigue)
Fixing the ATV - ATV has 1 level of fatigue. Roll Repair or Electronics (whichever is lower)
- Raise - takes 30 minutes to fix the problem
- Success - takes 1 hour to fix the problem
- Failure - you will have to scrounge up 1d4 x 250 credits in parts.
- Critical Failure - Roll technical difficulties (1-3 glitch, 4-5 Serious Problem, 6 Severe Failure. Repairing a Glitch takes 1d6 × 5 minutes and a Repair roll at −1. A Serious Problem takes 1d6 hours, a Repair check at −2, and parts equal to 20% of the item’s cost. To repair a Severe Failure requires 1d6 days, a Repair check at −4, and parts equal to 40% of the item’s base cost.) These times and cost stack atop of the initial hour.
- Raise - You are are a master warrior and bring glory and honor to your clan. Kill 1-4 lizards.
- Success - You are competent and escape with only bumps and bruises (1 fatigue)
- Failure - You are too slow and weak. You live but take 1 wound
- Critical Failure - Your failure has shamed the whole clan. Your mother wails in anguish that your were ever born. Take 1d4 wounds. @Rowli your barbican rules replace the d4 wounds.