Scene 2 - But the Cat Came Back

mudfoot

Scene 2 - But the Cat Came Back

Post by mudfoot »

SITREP: Target Dominica Salyers somewhere in the Underground. Status: In Progress. Time Remaining: [signal lost]

Local authority Warden Nord has hired the team to stop the Hellcat attacks and deal with the growths of Shiva's Curse. Time Remaining: [undefined parameter]

Death Otter: Green, Resonance trail in sight
Greivous: Bark
Mamba: Yellow, neurological and physical medical, Significant Stun damage.
Sandman: Green, spirit-confirmed target location
Shrike: Green
Voice: Yellow, Significant Stun damage.

Nord listens carefully to each of you in turn. He pays close attention to the details Sandman relates, makes a note when Mamba fails to say anything, and gives his full attention to Shrike, Grievous, and Death Otter in turn.
"A Deal, huh? Mmm...that might just do. You broke my tunnel and I'm none too happy about digging out the folks in Rubber Street back there. Still, I can't say I'm too happy about the state of things here but if you lot can eliminate the Hellcats and help us get a handle on that black mold stuff...I'd be mighty grateful."
Nord's expression has changed from the hardbitten scepticism he greeted you with to something softer. He looks...hopeful. Clearly Voice is getting somewhere!

"I'll take you up on your offer on one condition: you wear a tracker. You rabbit on me, I got ways to find ya. You play me straight, I can be generous. I'll send word ahead so folks'll know not to bother you and help if they can. You can start in the Dump, every missing person but one was lost there. As to that Shiva mold, it is thickest down near the Dig. Can't tell you much except we don't go there. A lot of corpslaves down there would rather shoot than talk. You need gear, talk to Henderson. Any red tape or trouble with locals, come find a deputy or myself to ease things along. I won't have fightin' in my ward. Fred here can guide you if you like, but it's your call."

Fred is a tall rawboned ruddyskinned orc that looks like he was carved out of hardwood. He is distinguished by an easy manner that belies the subtle signs of competence in his stance an actions. His easy smile contrasts with eyes that miss nothing. He stands patiently watching you and waiting on your response.

Things to Notice:
• Nord is hiring you on condition you wear a tracker, he seems cautious since Mamba and Death Otter were not forthcoming but somewhat mollified by the frank disclosure of the rest.
• You have two places to check 1. The Dump where all the missing people were lost and 2. The Dig where the mold is thickest
• Nord has deliberately neglected to engage with Grievous. He appears to be holding his temper in check.
• Noone has mentioned (or noticed?) Mamba's confusion yet

☐ Your move, omae
Shrike

Re: Scene 2 - But the Cat Came Back

Post by Shrike »

Shrike

Slot, the spellworm is acting like she's been dumpshocked. Shrike sighed, what kinda team did they saddle me with?

"The orcs moved us out of the area to somewhere safer. You were chill when they did so. Do you not remember it chummer?" His voice is calm and polite with Mamba as he isn't sure what is going on with her.

As he hears Voice negotiate, he leans over and whispers into his ear. Somebody has to keep their eye on the run.
"Don't forget our target being down here."
mudfoot wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:51 am "A Deal, huh? Mmm...that might just do. You broke my tunnel and I'm none too happy about digging out the folks in Rubber Street back there. Still, I can't say I'm too happy about the state of things here but if you lot can eliminate the Hellcats and help us get a handle on that black mold stuff...I'd be mighty grateful."
Hunting animals. Not really my forte

"Would anybody like to explain what exactly these hellcats have been doing?"
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Shrike wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:59 pm Shrike
mudfoot wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:51 am "A Deal, huh? Mmm...that might just do. You broke my tunnel and I'm none too happy about digging out the folks in Rubber Street back there. Still, I can't say I'm too happy about the state of things here but if you lot can eliminate the Hellcats and help us get a handle on that black mold stuff...I'd be mighty grateful."
Hunting animals. Not really my forte

"Would anybody like to explain what exactly these hellcats have been doing?"
"The Hellcats have been doing what cats of all types do... being ambush predators. They find isolated prey and attack. These ones are just big enough that they consider fully grown metahumans to be their prey. I can't remember much details about these, but I wouldn't be surprised if they also have some fire affinity similar to hell hounds due to the name. I do have a spell that will allow me to control metacritters such as Hellcats for brief periods of time."

"Now to treat the Shiva's Curse... I will be needing some over proof alcohol... 190 proof in fact, or I will need to... think of something else that may almost work as well. I will ask this Henderson for that and some spray bottles. Between the rest of us, we can provide the mundane or awakened urine as needed. Now, Mr. Nord, do you want the mold all killed, or would you prefer some harvested? If you want some harvested, I will also need a sealable container to put the solution and the Shiva's Curse."
Street Cred: 2
Notoriety: 0
Public Awareness: 0

Current Edge: 1/2

Perception: 5 (Thermographic Vision, +2 Vision and Low Light Vision if Wearing Monocle)
  • Passive Perception 1
Body: 3
Armor: 14 (16 with Helmet)
Dodge: 7
Composure: 12
Judge Intentions: 9

Ammunition:
Browning: 10/10
Reagents: 91

Physical: 0/10
  • Overflow: 0/3
Stun: 1/12

Craig Stewart (UCAS, Real, Mage License)
Kurt Greuber (UCAS, Fake Rating 1)
Paul Tzikolas (UCAS, Fake Rating 4, Fake Mage License Rating 4)

Force 4 Potency 3 Healing Draught (Contact)
Force 4 Potency 4 Healing Draught (Contact)
Force 3 Potency 1 Draught of Improved Invisibility (Contact)
Force 3 Potency 3 Draught of Improved Invisibility (Contact)

Force 4 Potency 3 Draught of Reflexes (Contact)
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

mudfoot wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:51 am
"A Deal, huh? Mmm...that might just do. You broke my tunnel and I'm none too happy about digging out the folks in Rubber Street back there. Still, I can't say I'm too happy about the state of things here but if you lot can eliminate the Hellcats and help us get a handle on that black mold stuff...I'd be mighty grateful."

"I'll take you up on your offer on one condition: you wear a tracker. You rabbit on me, I got ways to find ya. You play me straight, I can be generous. I'll send word ahead so folks'll know not to bother you and help if they can. You can start in the Dump, every missing person but one was lost there. As to that Shiva mold, it is thickest down near the Dig. Can't tell you much except we don't go there. A lot of corpslaves down there would rather shoot than talk. You need gear, talk to Henderson. Any red tape or trouble with locals, come find a deputy or myself to ease things along. I won't have fightin' in my ward. Fred here can guide you if you like, but it's your call."
All of that is acceptable to me. What about you guys? Nord is ignoring me. Understandable and better than outright belligerence.
BlackMamba wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:47 am "Weren't we just in the room that collapsed under us? How did we get here?"
Grievous turns back to BlackMamba. “Mamba, you ok? Are you having memory lapses? He turns to others. Can we get her checked out?” I hope she is ok.
The Voice

Post by The Voice »

The Voice nods with a smile. "It seems we have an accord. Will one tracker do, or do you need one on all of us?" Even as he speaks, he is rolling up the leg on his much abused, but still intact, armored business suit. Clearly, if only one tracker is required by the boss, he'll be the one to wear it, as a sign of how sure he is his companions are equally honorable. Of course, if any of them scarper and leave me holding the bag, well, I'll have to make some calls....

He holds up one finger to Shrike and murmurs back. "One negotiation at a time; we can look for signs of her presence while we fulfill our end of the bargain, and if we do this right, might be able to obtain some more intel, or at least the right to operate more freely. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten."

Once the team gets down to work, he considers their options, as laid out by Nord. Pointing to Sandman, he nods. "My learned colleague seems to have a small shopping list for your man Henderson."

He thinks on it a bit more. "After he's equipped, I think we should go to the Dump, first. The missing may still be alive, in which case they should be our primary focus."

He does not add, save in his head, ... Besides, it sounds like our target is likely to be holed up in the Digs. I don't want to alert her to our presence until we've got a clear hand to move; get the missing back, use that for a bit more trust, go take out the mold and use that as an opportunity to track down and capture the target. Finish the job, THEN deal with some bad-mannered Russians....

Grievous' concern for Mamba interrupts this chain of thought. He frowns, then re-does some of the math. "Sandman, give me your list of materials. I will accompany Henderson here to fetch them, while you check and make certain Black Mamba is not concussed, please." Again, expressing confidence in his allies not to do anything unfortunate while he's alone with Nord's right-hand man. No reason for these fine folks to suspect we are anything other than a long-time team of seasoned professionals, after all.
Cheat Sheet
Edit Signature
ATTRIBUTES:
Body 2; Agility 2; Reason 3; Strength 2; Willpower 3; Logic 3; Intuition 3; Charisma 6

DERIVED ATTRIBUTES:
Initiative: 6+1d6; Composure 9; Judge Intentions 9; Lift/Carry 4; Memory 8
Edge: 5; Essence: 5.1
Notoriety -2; Street Cred 0; Public Awareness 0

INHERENT LIMITS:
Mental 4; Physical 3; Social 7

CONDITION MONITORS:
Physical 9; Stun 10; Overflow 2

QUALITIES:
Photographic Memory (Included); Bland (+1 Threshold Recall, -2d Spot when Blending In); First Impression (+2 Social)
Low Pain Tolerance (-1/two hits); Moderate Allergy--Antibiotics (-4d when exposed)

SKILLS:
Etiquette (Cha) 5; Leadership (Cha) 5; Negotiation (Cha) 5; Con (Cha) 5; Impersonation (Cha) 5; Performance (Cha) 5; Intimidation (Cha) 5
Pistols (Agil) 3/5* [RSW 5/7*]; Exotic Melee Weapon--Monofilament (Agil) 4
Perception (Intu) 4
Computer (Log) 2; Forgery (Log) 5
*: Active Smartgun Link

LANGUAGES:
English (N); Japanese 3; Russian 3; Spanish 3; Sperethiel 3; Or’zet 3
Linguasofts: Lakota 3; Dakota 3; Italian 3; German 3; Mandarin 3; Aztlaner Spanish 3; Dine (Navajo) 3

KNOWLEDGES:
Corporate Politics 3; Local Politicos 1; Seattle Knowledge 3; Gangs 1 (Turf Boundaries 3)

CYBER:
CyberEye II (Low-Light, Smartlink), Skilljack III, Monofilament Fingertip

COMMON COMBAT ROLLS:
Surprise: 6d (3)
Soak: Body + Armor: 11d (Long Coat); 14d (Armor Jacket); 10d (Actioneer); 8d (Armored Clothing)
Walther Palm Pistol (Flechettes): 5d/4 (9P, +5 AP)
Defiance Shocker*: 7d/4 (9S, -5 AP)
RSW* (APDS): 9d/5 (9P, -6 AP)
Monofilament (Reach 2): 6d/5(7) (12P. -8 AP)

DEFENSES:
Ranged (Reac + Intu): 6d
Melee (Reac + Intu): 6d
Full Defense Melee or Ranged (-10 Init, Interrupt, lasts for rest of round): 9d
Monofilament Parry (-5 Init, Interrupt, one attack, reach 2): 10d
Dodge (No Gymnastics)
Block (No Unarmed)

BlackMamba

Post by BlackMamba »

"I don't have a concussion. I just have some missing time." At least, I don't think I do, she thinks. She picks up the medkit and begins to do a proper self assessment. She definitely has bumps and bruises from a building collapsing under her.
Medicine 2 sux
Logic Medicine stun damage medkit !!7d6>4: [3, 4, 1, 3, 1, 6*, 6*] = 2
Cheat Sheet, Black Mamba
Body: 2 Agility: 4 Reaction: 2 Strength: 1 Charisma: 5 Intuition: 3 Logic: 3 Willpower: 3 Magic 6

Edge: 1 Current Edge Points: 1 Essence: 6

Initiative: 5 +1D6
Astral Initiative: 4 +2D6

INHERENT LIMITS
Mental 4 Physical 2 Social 7

CONDITION MONITOR BOXES
Physical 9 Stun 10 Overflow 2

SKILLS
Animal Handling 3 Charisma Arcana 3 Logic Archery 2 Agility Assensing 3 Intuition Astral Combat 5 Willpower Banishing 3 Magic Binding 3 Magic Blades 1 Agility Counterspelling 3 Magic Disguise 1 Intuition Economics (Know.) 2 Logic Ettiquette 3 Charisma First Aid 3 Logic Gymnastics 2 Agility Medicine 3 Logic Palming 1 Agility Performance 3 Charisma Pistols 2 Agility Ritual Spellcasting 3 Magic Sneaking 1 Agility Spellcasting 5 Magic Summoning 5 Magic Unarmed Combat 1 Agility

SPELLS
Analyze Truth Detection Blast Combat Cure Disease Health Detect Life, Extended Detection Detect magic Extended Detection Heal Health Improved Invisibility Illusion Levitate Manipulation Lightning Bolt Combat Power Bolt Combat
Edit Signature
mudfoot

Post by mudfoot »

The deal is made. Nord smiles at Sandman's questions and winks saying "I like you. You gonna work out just fine. Let me know when you're done." He then sticks a security tag on each of you and herds his deputies out of the alcove back to patrol. Fred waits patiently for your instructions or dismissal and merely comments to Voice the storm drain tunnel you stepped out of to sit in this alcove style staging area apparently splits down a few hundred meters left, right, and center. Center is a settlement where you can find Henderson. Left is the Dig. Right is the Dump.
"Care for a tour or do you lot have some special shadowrunner way of getting around?"

So far, the mumbled conversation hasn't troubled Nord or his deputies. They seem to believe a bit of wierd is to be expected from a group of..."different" people like you lot.

Death Otter has been acting strangely since she mentioned the Resonance thing she was chasing. She keeps glancing at things none of you can see. Her usual gregarious style is now almost utterly catatonic. It requires real effort to get her attention and she reverts back to mumbling strings of code and nonsensical words under her breath. "Fifth integer ...CPAP:as:giffy ...level nine ...Nothing.like.it@space.giv ...Indigo ...16192746..."

Things to Notice:
1. You are alone except for Fred who stuck around waiting for you to decide if you want a guide. If you take his tour, you will get straight to the destination or person but be highly visible (for better or worse). If you decline, you may be walking around searching awhile but it will be far more subtle.
2. You are free to go and come by Nord's leave but may not leave the Underground without completing the job or you will be considered AWOL.
3. Death Otter has slipped into a near catatonic state mumbling nonsense.
4. Both Death Otter's clue and Sandman's spirit confirm Dominica Salyers is here (per their dialogue)
5. You still have time to deliver the target to your Johnson but noone knows how much that is. Last check was 3 hours 27 minutes remaining. If desired: Memory check to guess how much time has elapsed since the fight at the bar.

Your move, omae.
Shrike

Post by Shrike »

"Okay, Shrike motioned for the others to gather around for them to talk. "so we have two objectives for the Underground, 3 overall and not a lot of time remaining to accomplish them. his voice is lowered slightly,

"considering both Black Mamba and Death Otter have both experienced lapses in time, taking them anywhere near a combat situation with the Hellcats is a slotting terrible plan. Sandman, could you show Mamba what to do with the Mold whilst Grevious, Sandman and I go and deal with the Hellcats. Voice, you take the ladies with you, coordinate dealing with the Mold .. and the other matter and we will join you afterwards."

He turns to look at Fred and smiles

"We'll take Fred as a guide to show us where the Hellcats are. I am presuming that your orders are to not engage in combat with the Hellcats? Is that correct?"
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

"Alright, Voice... you are the best in that group to deal with the Shiva's Curse... the Black Mold as it is being called. You take 5 parts 190 proof Alcohol and mix it with 2 parts Urine. If they want to kill it, use your own urine. If Nord also wants some preserved to be weaponized, you mix a separate batch with the same ratio but with... Black Mambo's urine. You spray this second mixture onto the mold and then scrape the wet sample into a sealable container full of the second mixture. Keep both Black Mambo and Death Otter away from the live mold."

"Now for dealing with the Hellcats... they are ambush predators and are probably Dual Natured. This means that they can see into the Astral Plane and will most likely see through any illusions. We will need to have someone who is tougher than they look up ahead of us when we get to their hunting area and then counter-ambush them... and I think that means you, @Shrike. I can control one for a brief period of time if Nord wants for us to capture one, but I can't remember their size to see if we have a muzzle that would fit them, now what Powers they might have beyond possibly a Fire Breath similar to Hellhounds... and that is just an educated guess to them being able to do that."
Street Cred: 2
Notoriety: 0
Public Awareness: 0

Current Edge: 1/2

Perception: 5 (Thermographic Vision, +2 Vision and Low Light Vision if Wearing Monocle)
  • Passive Perception 1
Body: 3
Armor: 14 (16 with Helmet)
Dodge: 7
Composure: 12
Judge Intentions: 9

Ammunition:
Browning: 10/10
Reagents: 91

Physical: 0/10
  • Overflow: 0/3
Stun: 1/12

Craig Stewart (UCAS, Real, Mage License)
Kurt Greuber (UCAS, Fake Rating 1)
Paul Tzikolas (UCAS, Fake Rating 4, Fake Mage License Rating 4)

Force 4 Potency 3 Healing Draught (Contact)
Force 4 Potency 4 Healing Draught (Contact)
Force 3 Potency 1 Draught of Improved Invisibility (Contact)
Force 3 Potency 3 Draught of Improved Invisibility (Contact)

Force 4 Potency 3 Draught of Reflexes (Contact)
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

Sandman wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 2:01 am "Now for dealing with the Hellcats... they are ambush predators and are probably Dual Natured. This means that they can see into the Astral Plane and will most likely see through any illusions. We will need to have someone who is tougher than they look up ahead of us when we get to their hunting area and then counter-ambush them... and I think that means you, @Shrike. I can control one for a brief period of time if Nord wants for us to capture one, but I can't remember their size to see if we have a muzzle that would fit them, now what Powers they might have beyond possibly a Fire Breath similar to Hellhounds... and that is just an educated guess to them being able to do that."[/b]
Or I could just beat one into unconsciousness. Carry it back to Nord. I got to take out some stress on something. Seeing Nord has taken me back to that night. I want to find those Runners and break them with my bare hands. Ben stop this drek. You arent going to find them unless you can become an established Runner. Nord gives us two Honey Do’s to allow us to leave a place he doesn't want us. These Hellcats are not ready for the beating they are about to get. But why alive? Other than caging and observing its behavior, you can learn about the things in dissecting the body. He has taken out his Nodachi in preparation for an ambush should one arise.
Last edited by Grievous on Wed May 31, 2023 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Voice

Post by The Voice »

The Voice blinks at Sandman's request for Mundane Pee, then sighs, and starts down the hallway in the center. He calls back to Sandman. "Sounds like you've got a plan; once I've got the mold-killing spray... mixed, I'll head down the tunnel to the Dump after you all." He then goes down the tunnel and asks around for Henderson, explaining that Nord sent him with a shopping list--a few bottles of 190 proof alcohol, several spray-bottles, and finally a private spot for him to add the 'special ingredient'.
Cheat Sheet
Edit Signature
ATTRIBUTES:
Body 2; Agility 2; Reason 3; Strength 2; Willpower 3; Logic 3; Intuition 3; Charisma 6

DERIVED ATTRIBUTES:
Initiative: 6+1d6; Composure 9; Judge Intentions 9; Lift/Carry 4; Memory 8
Edge: 5; Essence: 5.1
Notoriety -2; Street Cred 0; Public Awareness 0

INHERENT LIMITS:
Mental 4; Physical 3; Social 7

CONDITION MONITORS:
Physical 9; Stun 10; Overflow 2

QUALITIES:
Photographic Memory (Included); Bland (+1 Threshold Recall, -2d Spot when Blending In); First Impression (+2 Social)
Low Pain Tolerance (-1/two hits); Moderate Allergy--Antibiotics (-4d when exposed)

SKILLS:
Etiquette (Cha) 5; Leadership (Cha) 5; Negotiation (Cha) 5; Con (Cha) 5; Impersonation (Cha) 5; Performance (Cha) 5; Intimidation (Cha) 5
Pistols (Agil) 3/5* [RSW 5/7*]; Exotic Melee Weapon--Monofilament (Agil) 4
Perception (Intu) 4
Computer (Log) 2; Forgery (Log) 5
*: Active Smartgun Link

LANGUAGES:
English (N); Japanese 3; Russian 3; Spanish 3; Sperethiel 3; Or’zet 3
Linguasofts: Lakota 3; Dakota 3; Italian 3; German 3; Mandarin 3; Aztlaner Spanish 3; Dine (Navajo) 3

KNOWLEDGES:
Corporate Politics 3; Local Politicos 1; Seattle Knowledge 3; Gangs 1 (Turf Boundaries 3)

CYBER:
CyberEye II (Low-Light, Smartlink), Skilljack III, Monofilament Fingertip

COMMON COMBAT ROLLS:
Surprise: 6d (3)
Soak: Body + Armor: 11d (Long Coat); 14d (Armor Jacket); 10d (Actioneer); 8d (Armored Clothing)
Walther Palm Pistol (Flechettes): 5d/4 (9P, +5 AP)
Defiance Shocker*: 7d/4 (9S, -5 AP)
RSW* (APDS): 9d/5 (9P, -6 AP)
Monofilament (Reach 2): 6d/5(7) (12P. -8 AP)

DEFENSES:
Ranged (Reac + Intu): 6d
Melee (Reac + Intu): 6d
Full Defense Melee or Ranged (-10 Init, Interrupt, lasts for rest of round): 9d
Monofilament Parry (-5 Init, Interrupt, one attack, reach 2): 10d
Dodge (No Gymnastics)
Block (No Unarmed)

BlackMamba

Post by BlackMamba »

She blinks several times at her pee being requested. Then looks for a place to collect it privately. She has no plans on showing off for the group. Once she is able to get to a private place she collects the urine and hands over the container. Thankfully, no one can see her blushing through the mask.
Cheat Sheet, Black Mamba
Body: 2 Agility: 4 Reaction: 2 Strength: 1 Charisma: 5 Intuition: 3 Logic: 3 Willpower: 3 Magic 6

Edge: 1 Current Edge Points: 1 Essence: 6

Initiative: 5 +1D6
Astral Initiative: 4 +2D6

INHERENT LIMITS
Mental 4 Physical 2 Social 7

CONDITION MONITOR BOXES
Physical 9 Stun 10 Overflow 2

SKILLS
Animal Handling 3 Charisma Arcana 3 Logic Archery 2 Agility Assensing 3 Intuition Astral Combat 5 Willpower Banishing 3 Magic Binding 3 Magic Blades 1 Agility Counterspelling 3 Magic Disguise 1 Intuition Economics (Know.) 2 Logic Ettiquette 3 Charisma First Aid 3 Logic Gymnastics 2 Agility Medicine 3 Logic Palming 1 Agility Performance 3 Charisma Pistols 2 Agility Ritual Spellcasting 3 Magic Sneaking 1 Agility Spellcasting 5 Magic Summoning 5 Magic Unarmed Combat 1 Agility

SPELLS
Analyze Truth Detection Blast Combat Cure Disease Health Detect Life, Extended Detection Detect magic Extended Detection Heal Health Improved Invisibility Illusion Levitate Manipulation Lightning Bolt Combat Power Bolt Combat
Edit Signature

Return to “Biz (Adventures)”