For eons the young gods have protected the earth. The great pantheons of earth moving as they could. But now the awakened primordial beings attack as soon as they sense the gods manifesting on earth.
Now forced to use their agents, and children, the pantheons of earth come together in fragile factions. Moving to sever the links the primordials have formed with Rifts Earth, they work to allow their parents and masters back into the world.
The Primordial Alliance, if it could truly be called an alliance, includes elder gods of ancient egypt, titans, and other forces of nature, previously held in slumber due to the waning power. However as they awaken and their power begins to touch the earth the signs are obvious for those who know to look.
The Celestial Accord includes many prominent and some unknown members of the younger religions. Greeks, Norse, Chinese, and others. Working to reduce the influence of the Primordials and their minions in any way they can.
Setting Rules Changes
- Elementalist: The elementalist edge does not provide access to fairies. However it allows the character to replace any summoned creatures Construct trait with the Elemental trait at no cost change.
- Fanatics: As per SWADE
- High Adventure: Adding high adventure. This rule can also be used to gain access to a Power for a single activation.
- Favored Son/Daughter: As a reward for building your character to the restrictive themes of the game. Characters whose powers fit within a single special effect/domain of powers gain a free Iconic Edge of Novice or Seasoned rank.
- Supernatural Strength: By Fiat Character with strength over d12 can inflict mega damage when using melee weapons (some weapons can be destroyed by this excess force). Characters with strength over d12+2 caan inflict mega damage with their empty hands.
- Make a Demi-God from Land of a Thousand Islands (or other character who is a loyal agent of the Celestial forces).
- Though your gifted powers do not need to match your Patrons theme. They must fit within a theme and share a single special effect/trapping.
- Add Obligation (major) to your Patron. You gain no additional benefit from this Hindrance.
Take maximum wealth and select your Hero’s Journey results.
- Do not purchase a signature item. When your character is finalized an item of power will be awarded as a gift from your Patron.
- After character creation add one site advance making your character Novice 1. Dragon hatchlings may also take their hindrances at this time and spend them.
- The following Iconic Frameworks are not appropriate for this game. Elemental Fusionist, Glitter Boy, Intelligent Construct (technology based) or M.A.R.S. Itis important that we are low skill, and high power for this game.
- Can Demigods select a race? Published Ancestries/Races with 8 net positive traits or less should be good to go.
- Can I be a demigod from the Jewish/Christian/Muslim religions? No.
- May I trade or sell starting gear? You may sell starting gear for 50% value. I will entertain in kind trades if you help me with book references.
Major Alliances for the setting.
Planned Start Date = Early January