2. The Old Fishery

Adventures in Korvosa and Beyond
User avatar
Kaja Earthblooded
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:33 am
Location: Korvosa

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Kaja Earthblooded »

Kaja Failed Notice 1d6!!: [3] = 3 , 1d6!!: [1] = 1 , Ludwig 1d6!!: [1] = 1
, Kaja and Ludwig miss the motion in the water.
Kaja the Earthblooded of House Ragan
Kaja Stonesinger Dwarf, Dilettante and Earthcaller Bard; Kaja's Journal
Parry: 6, Toughness: 7 (2)
Benny/Conviction/Wound/Fatigue/PP Tracking
Ludwig, Guard Boar
Image
User avatar
Falderol Grelemis
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:02 am

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Falderol Grelemis »

Falderol steps
ending just north of of him
declaring "Pharasma has found you guilty."
Once per encounter as a free action, the inquisitor can pronounce judgment on an enemy to gain five Judgment tokens. A single token may be spent to add +2 to a Trait or damage roll she makes against the judged, or –2 to one of the foe's Trait or damage rolls. Judgement tokens may be spent after the roll, and remain in effect if the original total is rerolled.


He then swings his

Fighting: 1d6!: [3] = 3
Wild: 1d6!: [6!, 4] = 10
+2 for Unarmed (not that it was needed) gives a hit with a raise

Damage: 1d8!+1d6!: [2]+[4] = 6
Bleh, benny to re-roll: 1d8!+1d6!: [6]+[2] = 8

Damn, forgot the raise on both of those
Raise 1: 1d6!: [4] = 4
Raise 2: 1d6!: [4] = 4

So 10 bennied up to a 12. One wound to soak.
and scoring a decent hit.
Morri wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:17 pm"Steer clear o' the water..." She warned the others. "Something there doesn't look friendly."
Hearing Morri's warning Falderol
Notice: 1d6!: [5] = 5
Wild: 1d6!: [6!, 6!, 5] = 17
at the water. "Looks like a gator of some type. Zook, Bonk, it's headed your way, be careful."
Full Sheet
Parry: 7
Toughness: 9(3)
User avatar
Zook
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:44 am

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Zook »


Zook (+2 due Joker, -2 due Difficulty - Base Roll)
  • Notice: 1d6!!: [2] = 2
    Wild: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
    Result: 3 - Fail
George (-2 due Difficulty)
  • Notice: 1d6!!-2!!: [5]-2 = 3
    Wild: 1d6!!-2!!: [5]-2 = 3
    Result: 3 - Fail

Zook
  • Boost Trait (Athletics) on both Zook and George
    • Spellcasting (+2 due Joker)
      • Spellcasting: 1d8!!+2!!: [3]+2 = 5
        Wild: 1d6!!+2!!: [5]+2 = 7
        Result: 7 - Success. +1d to Athletics for Zook (Now d6) and George (Now d8). 2 PP.
George
  • Running Die: 1d6: [1] = 1
    • Bennie Reroll
      • Running Die: 1d6: [1] = 1
      Bennie Re-Reroll
      • 1d6: [3] = 3
      Athletics (-2 due MaP)
      • Athletics: 1d8!!-2!!: [2]-2 = 0
        Wild: 1d6!!-2!!: [3]-2 = 1
        Result: 1 - Fail.
    • George will be running clockwise around the boardwalk... through the labeled sections of L and K. With his extra movement from his Running die, George will arrive at the Northeast corner of the small room near the water and still east of the room. When he arrives in front of Gaedren, he will try to jump up on him and push the foul man down.


I DEFINATELY don't want to go swimming again... ESPECIALLY with a crocodile in the waters.

With that, Zook starts speaking the words of magic to allow the influences of the first world on himself and George to allow them to better keep their balance if on the potentially slippery boardwalk. As he starts his magical incantations, George runs around the boardwalk to the south, able to get up to his quarry and try to jump up on the man and knock the man down. After his spell is finished, Zook backs up around to past Berkley.
Parry 7, Pace 5 (d4), Toughness 6 (2)
  • Bennies: 2/3
    Wounds: 0/3
    Fatigue: 0/2
    PP: 1/11


Parry 6, Pace 12, Toughness 7 (1)
  • Bennies: 0/2
    Wounds: 0/3
    Fatigue: 0/2
User avatar
Bonk
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:27 am

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Bonk »


Moving from C marking on map to just behind Falderol then Jumping 2" over the corner to land next to Gaedren
Jumping attempt roll (7) Success (Free action)
Athletics 1d8!: [3] = 3
Wild Die 1d6!: [3] = 3
Spending newly received bennie
Athletics 1d8!: [3] = 3
Wild Die 1d6!: [6!, 1] = 7

Attempting to Grapple Gaedren. +3 Gang up bonus from Falderol, Zook and George
TN (9) for Opposed Athletics. if 0-5 target is Bound. 6-8 he is Entangled. 9 or higher he resists.
Athletics 1d8!+3: [6]+3 = 9
Athletics 1d6!+3: [4]+3 = 7


“Aaaugh!!” The angry voice of Bonk could be heard from behind Falderol as she hears that he can’t even see her at all. After the others make their move and rush him, Bonk thinks this is a really good idea until she hears the warning about a creature of some sort swimming around in the water next to them.

After assessing the situation a bit, she decides she’s angry enough at him anyway to push herself off the wall and jump over the water to lunge at him instead, unexpectedly not using her hammer and instead attempting to grab onto him at the waist and arms while screaming out. “Gimmie my money Gaedren!! Or I’m gonna suplex you right into whatever the crap you got down there!” and without waiting for a reply she already begins attempting to lift him off of the ground.
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1205
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Pursuit »

Gaedren twists awkwardly at the last possible second, avoiding Falderol’s strike.
Soak
Spent 1 Wild Card Benny, got a 7 on his Soak roll, removing the Wound.
There is no grace in Gaedren’s movements; he jerks and stumbles like the old man he is. There is no sign of indecisiveness, either.

”Ah. Do I know you, stranger?” he quips to @Falderol Grelemis. ”I’m afraid you don’t ring a bell.”

When George goes for the grapple, Gaedren slaps the large creature, surprising it. ”No! Bad kitty.”

He draws a dagger in one hand and snatches up a loaded hand crossbow off the table with his other.

”'Frame' is a bit of an overstatement! If anything, I left a suggestion of your involvement. The rest was out of my hands!” Gaedren shouts back to @Zook.

He then takes a stab at George with his dagger, cutting the eidolon deep!
11 to hit, 16 damage AP 1
1 WC Benny spent on a reroll on the attack. Damage dice blew up on this one.

Finally, Gaedren whistles a high, shrill tone. The water roils, and a massive, ebon crocodile bursts out, snapping at Berkley!

@Berkley Dig, please make an Athletics roll to avoid being pulled into the water! The croc got a 5 on its roll, so that is your number to meet or beat. If you roll a 4 or less, you take a trip into the drink with an angry reptile. I’m sure that will end well…

EVERYONE ELSE MAY NOW TAKE YOUR TURNS IN ANY ORDER!

Key Villain Stats
Gaedren: Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (3); Bennies: 0
Gobblegut: Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (2); Bennies: 2; Size: 2 (Large) (Attack rolls against Gobblegut get a +2 to hit)
Image
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1205
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Pursuit »

Update re Bonk: Gaedren rolled a 10 to resist being grappled. He's wiley!
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
User avatar
Kaja Earthblooded
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:33 am
Location: Korvosa

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Kaja Earthblooded »

Kaja, seeing the crocodile, sings out a shrill song in Terran, one which speaks of the death of the grave. A clump of dirt falls from the scieling, followed by more and becomes mud, sticking to, and pooling around, the Crocodile as it surfaces,
Fear (Pathfinder Core Book p181)
  • Rank: Novice
    Power Points: 2
    Range: Smarts
    Duration: Instant
    School: Necormancy
    Trappings: An earth elemental engulfs the foe, showing the fear of the grave. Though it lasts only a moment, it feels like an eternity.
    This power causes overwhelming dread and horror. The target makes a Fear check. Extras who fail are Panicked and Wild Cards roll on the Fear Table. If the power is cast with a raise, the Fear roll is at −2 and Wild Cards add +2 to Fear Table results.
    Modifiers
    • Area of Effect (+2/3): For +2 points the power affects everyone in a Small or Medium Blast Template (caster's choice). For +3 points the area of effect is increased to a Large Blast Template.
      Glow/Shroud (+1): Glow creates soft light (caster’s choice of color) in a Small Blast Template centered on the target. It subtracts 2 from her Stealth totals and negates 1 point of Illumination penalties for those attacking the glowing character. Shroud dims and slightly obscures the target
      so that attacks against her suffer a −1 penalty and she adds +1 to her Stealth rolls.
      Hinder (+1): The target is slowed by the remnants of the earth elemental's grasp. Their base Pace is reduced by 2.
      Range (+1/+2): Double the power’s listed Range for 1 Power Point, or triple it for +2.
courses through the reptile.

As this happens, Ludwig charges ahead and feints at the old man, trying to give someone else an opening,
Test with Fighting 1d6!!: [3] = 3
.

Performance 1d8!!+1: [4]+1 = 5 , 1d6!!+1: [4]+1 = 5
Spend a Benny 1d8!!+1: [5]+1 = 6 , 1d6!!+1: [2]+1 = 3
.
Kaja the Earthblooded of House Ragan
Kaja Stonesinger Dwarf, Dilettante and Earthcaller Bard; Kaja's Journal
Parry: 6, Toughness: 7 (2)
Benny/Conviction/Wound/Fatigue/PP Tracking
Ludwig, Guard Boar
Image
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1205
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Pursuit »

The croc rolls in the water, washing the earth off of its scales, and appears unperturbed.
Raise on Resist Fear
14 to resist. These bad guys are getting some mad rolls right now.
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
User avatar
Morri
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:14 pm

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Morri »

Running 9
Running 1d6+6: [3]+6 = 9
Fighting 5, Damage 3
Fighting 1d8!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Damage 2d6!!: [2, 1] = 3

Bennie...

Damage 2d6!!: [1, 2] = 3
Seeing that some of the party were tackling Gaedren, Morri spent a moment weighing up her options. The croc was a threat, but she was determined not to go anywhere near the water and they'd come to take out Gaedren. That was their task, taking out the person reasonable for so much pain and misery in their lives. She had her reasons for taking him out, so did others, she didn't in the slightest consider it to even remotely be a charitable cause. Drawing her short sword as they hastily closed the distance, she swung with her arm only for the blade to bounce off Gaedren's armour. The air turned blue with a few colourful, choice curses.
Mórrígan 'Morri' Ní Mháille, Human Rogue

Morri Human Rogue
Parry: 6, Toughness: 6 (2)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
User avatar
Zook
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:44 am

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Zook »

Soaking 2 Wounds
  • Vigor: 1d8!!: [4] = 4
    Wild: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
    Result: 4 - Success. Soaked 1 Wound. 1 Wound Remaining.
Parry 7, Pace 5 (d4), Toughness 6 (2)
  • Bennies: 2/3
    Wounds: 0/3
    Fatigue: 0/2
    PP: 1/11


Parry 6, Pace 12, Toughness 7 (1)
  • Bennies: 0/2
    Wounds: 0/3
    Fatigue: 0/2
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1205
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Pursuit »

NEXT ROUND!

Action Cards:
  • Kaja: AS
  • Morri: 8S
  • Zook/George: KD
  • Falderol: Black Joker
  • Bonk: KS
  • Gaedren: Black Joker 2, Joker Boogaloo
  • Gobblegut: 4S
  • Berkley: On Hold
Falderol and Gaedren both pulled black jokers (I use a deck with 4 jokers), so whoever wins an opposed Athletics roll will go first. Regardless, everybody gets a Benny (including my bad guys)!

@Falderol Grelemis, please roll Athletics. Your number to beat is only a 3. If you get a 3 or higher, you may take your turn first.

After that, the bad guys will go, and after the bad guys, everyone else can go in a block in any order.

Image
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
User avatar
Falderol Grelemis
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:02 am

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Falderol Grelemis »

Athletics: 1d6!: [4] = 4
Wild: 1d6!: [2] = 2
to go first.

"Duck and squirm all you want. Judgment has come for you this night." Falderol then
Attack: 1d6!: [4] = 4
Wild: 1d6!: [4] = 4
+2 for Joker is a 6
Spending a benny
Attack: 1d6!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Wild: 1d6!+2: [2]+2 = 4
That was almost a crit fail so I will take the 6 for a hit.
again. The
Damage: 2d8!+2: [7, 7]+2 = 16
2 wounds
slices towards his stomach, looking like it will be a strong hit.
Full Sheet
Parry: 7
Toughness: 9(3)
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1205
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Pursuit »

Gaedren again twitches away at just the last moment, turning what looks like a solid hit into a glancing blow.

Soaked
Gaedren used his benny from the Joker to soak, and he managed a raise.
Image
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1205
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Pursuit »

Gaedren sneers.

”You all think I’m trapped! Me! Ha! Gobblegut, kill!”

The gator dutifully swims over, surges out of the water, and snaps at Zook!

Only a 5 to hit, and I spent all 3 of his bennies and one of mine on Gobblegut this round to get him an Athletics success to surge out of the water and then a failure at grabbing the big kitty.
before Gobblegut’s jaws snap shut.

Gaedren growls. ”If you want something done right,” and then lashes out at @Morri, who he assumes will be the easiest to hit.

Gaedren is Wild Attacking, which gives him +2 to hit and damage, but leaves him Vulnerable until the end of his turn next round
and connects with what looks to be a solid blow.

And I spent another 2 GM bennies on this attack.
, which she may Soak as normal.


The rest of the party may now go in any order you choose!

Key Villain Stats
Gaedren: Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (3); Bennies: 0, Conditions: Vulnerable
Gobblegut: Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (2); Bennies: 0; Size: 2 (Large) (Attack rolls against Gobblegut get a +2 to hit)
Image
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
User avatar
Morri
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:14 pm

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Morri »

Soak Roll 4
Vigor 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2

Bennie...

Vigor 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
The leather of Morri's armour cushions some of the blow, but the still caught her and stung like the devil making her gasp in pain. She soon rallies and attempts to strike back.

Bennie to remove Shaken

Fighting 12, Damage 8
Fighting 1d8!!+2: [3]+2 = 5 Forgot -1 from Wound so ignore
Wild 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4

Bennie

Fighting 1d8!!+1: [11!!]+1 = 12
Wild 1d6!!+1: [1]+1 = 2

Damage 3d6!!: [3, 1, 3] = 7 + Raise from attack 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Mórrígan 'Morri' Ní Mháille, Human Rogue

Morri Human Rogue
Parry: 6, Toughness: 6 (2)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1205
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Pursuit »

Gaedren is Shaken by Morri's strike!

Key Villain Stats
Gaedren: Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (3); Bennies: 0, Conditions: Vulnerable, Shaken
Gobblegut: Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (2); Bennies: 0; Size: 2 (Large) (Attack rolls against Gobblegut get a +2 to hit)
Image
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
User avatar
Bonk
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:27 am

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Bonk »


Taking 3 Fighting Actions. 2 non-lethal attacks against Gaedrin (using blunt weapon, no penalty), 1 lethal attack against croc.
Attack 1 vs Gaedren (non lethal): -4 MAP, +2 Wild Attack, +3 Gang up (George, Morri, Ludwig), +2 Vulnerable = +3 total modifier
Success (8) vs 5 Parry
32 AP 2 non-lethal damage vs Gaedren 21 or greater damage hits wound cap at 4 potential wounds or target unconscious.
Fighting 1d10!+3: [3]+3 = 6
Wild Die 1d6!+3: [5]+3 = 8
Damage 1d8!+1d10!+2: [8!, 7]+[10!, 5]+2 = 32

Attack 2 vs Gaedren (non lethal): -4 MAP, +2 Wild Attack, +3 Gang up (George, Morri, Ludwig), +2 Vulnerable = +3 total modifier
Success (8) vs 5 Parry
22 AP 2 non-lethal damage vs Gaedren 21 or greater damage hits wound cap at 4 potential wounds or target unconscious.
Fighting 1d10!+3: [5]+3 = 8
Wild Die 1d6!+3: [5]+3 = 8
Damage 1d8!+1d10!+2: [5]+[10!, 5]+2 = 22

Attack 3 vs Croc (very very lethal): -4 MAP, +2 Wild Attack, +3 Gang up (George, Falderol, Ludwig), +2 Scale = +3 total modifier
Raise (13) vs 5 Parry
37 AP 2 damage vs Croc 24 or greater damage hits wound cap at 4 potential wounds.
Fighting 1d10!+3: [7]+3 = 10
Wild Die 1d6!: [6!, 4] = 10 +3=13
Damage 1d8!+1d10!+1d6!+2: [6]+[10!, 10!, 5]+[4]+2 = 37


After seeing the slippery old man escape from her grasp, Bonk barely held it together as she bit on her lip to fight from going into an intense rage then and there. The bastard was pissing her off with his elusiveness and he still wasn’t telling her where he put her money!

Still, he made a big mistake in dropping his guard to go after the equally slippery human thief that had been part of the group that she just joined up with, giving Bonk the chance to bum rush him with her hammer and begin to rapidly beat him over and over again on joints, knees, elbows, ankles in rapid succession while making every effort that she could to not simply crush his head in like a mellon.

“I said! Where’s my money Gaedren! Gimmie my money Gaedrin! You got money for dodging lessons, stupid fancy daggers and stupid trained crocs! But you don’t got my money huh??” Splat, splat, splat, the unending barrage of attacks continued until she heard the snapping jaws of the trained croc behind her attacking one of the others. This caused the goblin to angrily turn around and deliver one huge massive blow to the side of its jaw as it was rearing up for another attack. “And you stay outta this!” She yelled viciously at the thing without even looking to see if the sickening crunch that happened from the blow was from the croc itself or from the planks below her as it dodged out of the way. Her attention was solely on the old man now who stubbornly refused to acknowledge her.

OOC: Bonk is now Vulnerable
User avatar
Zook
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:44 am

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Zook »

Seeing Bonk dealing with Gaedron, George
Fighting Wild Attack on Gobblegut (+2 due Wild Attack, -1 due Wound, +2 due Size)
  • Fighting: 1d8!!+1!!: [4]+1 = 5 +2
    Wild: 1d6!!+1!!: [10!!]+1 = 11
    Result: 13 - Success with Raise.
    • Damage: 1d8!!+1d6!!+1d4!!+1: [3]+[1]+[3]+1 = 8
after the crocodile as Zook sends a shower of
Spellcasting: 1d8!!: [5] = 5
Wild: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Result: 5 - Success. Damage: 2d4!!: [7!!, 2] = 9
as the crocodile is busy with his Eidolon, but the Gnome barely even gets the attention of the crocodile.
Parry 7, Pace 5 (d4), Toughness 6 (2)
  • Bennies: 2/3
    Wounds: 0/3
    Fatigue: 0/2
    PP: 1/11


Parry 6, Pace 12, Toughness 7 (1)
  • Bennies: 0/2
    Wounds: 0/3
    Fatigue: 0/2
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1205
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Pursuit »

Gobblegut dies.

Gobblegut dies hard. Bonk bonks it into chum, and Zook sparkles the chum with, well, sparks. The point being, it very much is not alive anymore.

But Gaedren... Gaedren is a different story. Bonk, for all her barely restrained fury, is shockingly restrained in the beating she gives the old man. He slumps to the ground like so much meat, but he does take a rattly breath from the pile of him on the floor.

Combat Ended!

You now stand alone in this chamber. Gaedren is crumpled at your feet. There are some tables with stuff on them, a door to a room you haven't explored yet, and the exit back out. What would you like to do?

Image
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
User avatar
Morri
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:14 pm

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Morri »

Notice 7
Notice 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Wild 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Though still smarting from the blow she'd received from Gaedren, Morri makes her way over to the door that presumably led to an unexplored room. Not one for charging headlong into the unknown, Morri takes a moment to inspect the door to ensure that it was not trapped in any particular fashion. Once she was satisfied that it was safe, she would see whether or not it was locked.
Mórrígan 'Morri' Ní Mháille, Human Rogue

Morri Human Rogue
Parry: 6, Toughness: 6 (2)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1205
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Pursuit »

@Morri finds the door to be neither trapped nor locked.

Looking inside, she finds a foul-smelling room that seems to be a combination bedroom and study. A wooden bed with a lumpy mattress stands against the east wall, while a round table heaped with dirty plates, bread crusts, stained goblets, fruit rinds, and scuttling cockroaches sits nearby. At the foot of the bed sits a large strongbox; a slightly rusted lock secures it and a moldy ledger with pages rippled from moisture sits atop its lid. A sagging dresser filled with moth-eaten clothes well past their glory days is in one corner. What appears to be a wooden hatbox surrounded by a small cloud of flies sits atop this dresser.

What would you like to do next?

Image
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
User avatar
Bonk
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:27 am

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Bonk »

With a swift motion, Bonk reaches down to the near lifeless body of Gaedren and lifts it up, pressing the unconscious figure up against the rickety wall as she yells at him.

“Ain’t so quippy now are ya? Where’s my money Gaedren? Where is it? I’m not leaving until I get every last copper from you!” Bonk takes a deep breath as her greenish cheeks turn a flushed red, suddenly revealing the enormous amount he had stolen from her. “I want every piece of that one silver and four and nine and six copper that’s owed to me by the Korvosian department of sanitation and public works! You took it all n’ said you did all the work you pock faced c– Oh… you’re all knocked out huh…?” Bonk ceases her shaking of the bruised and battered figure against the wall as she realises that the figure with several broken bones was not incredibly responsive at the moment.

Dropping him to the floor, she puts her hands on her hips and makes a disgusted look on her face. “Well… Well I didn’t think about what I was gonna do next after this part. Maybe if we tie him up and bring him in to important lookin people they’ll give us a reward or something? People are always payin good money for bringin people in who are people like him. Bet he shit on the queens shoes or something once. Aw yeah that’d make her real mad I bet. Anyone got some rope? No wait, hold a bit, I got some right here!” The goblin shouted out triumphantly as she retrieved the rope that she had indeed brough with her. Kneeling down next to the slumped figure to start binding him up into a near head to toe coil.

“But before I turn you in, I’m gonna check all your pockets for that one silver and… and those other coins that I said.” From the way Bonk spoke of it, it was clear that she had little idea of how math worked, or even having a clear idea of how much coins exactly she was slighted out of, likely having received help from another who drilled the amount into her head so she would get it right when this moment came. It obviously getting someone lost from memory after all of the excitement of the day so far.
User avatar
Morri
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:14 pm

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Morri »

Thievery 8
Thievery 1d8!!+1: [7]+1 = 8
Wild 1d6!!+1: [4]+1 = 5
Morri almost gags on the foul stench that engulfed the room, her eyes just beginning to water. Breathing shallowly through her mouth, Morri made her way over the strongbox and examines the lock. It's a little rusty, but she reckoned she could pick it and sets to work with her tools.
Mórrígan 'Morri' Ní Mháille, Human Rogue

Morri Human Rogue
Parry: 6, Toughness: 6 (2)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
User avatar
Zook
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:44 am

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Zook »

"I am not sure even Gaedren testifying will get me back into the Acadamae... so I will take a share of what he has here to make up for all that I would have been able to do if I had been classically trained there."

Looking over what is on the table in the main room, Zook searches for anything of note as he sends George into the small room to help search there, starting with the hat.

"Did any of you find anything of value?"
Parry 7, Pace 5 (d4), Toughness 6 (2)
  • Bennies: 2/3
    Wounds: 0/3
    Fatigue: 0/2
    PP: 1/11


Parry 6, Pace 12, Toughness 7 (1)
  • Bennies: 0/2
    Wounds: 0/3
    Fatigue: 0/2
User avatar
Falderol Grelemis
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:02 am

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Falderol Grelemis »

Falderol stands very still as he looks down on Gaedren. Anyone paying any attention can see that he is trying really hard not to just lop the head off the foul man. Eventually his hand lessens its grip in the sword and he sheathes it.
Bonk wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:13 pm “But before I turn you in, I’m gonna check all your pockets for that one silver and… and those other coins that I said.”
"Little one, I am not sure he is worth much as a bounty. And I don't think dragging him through the streets where he holds sway is the best way to avoid further fighting. Considering all that this group has lost I am not sure any amount of money would be compensation. I know money will not resolve my pain."

He looks between the bound criminal and the water where Gobblegut once swam. He then glances as Kaja. "I am not sure even your friend could stomach such rot. And I would not want to risk his health." He then grabs Gaedren by one foot and drags him towards the water.

He looks to Bonk and states "I will repay you for the rope and give you a full gold for not getting your money from him." He then looks around at everyone else. "If any of you have any final words for this filth now is the time. He is about to find out how hard it is to swim when so bound."
Full Sheet
Parry: 7
Toughness: 9(3)
User avatar
Bonk
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:27 am

Re: 2. The Old Fishery

Post by Bonk »

“I betcha he’s worth a real huge one! I asked around and all sortsa people just hate this guy. Sure, you could just dump ‘em in the water and be done with it. But I’m thinkin it’d be real satisfyin to see him get lashings and hard labor for the rest of his life. If we kill him, then he doesn’t gotta do any of that. Plus you know, it gets us in real good with important people if we turn him in and that could help out later.” Bonk ends up saying as she raises a finger, providing surprisingly rational advice. Whether it was good advice or not was another question however.

“I got it! What if we put a big bag over his head, and another one over his lower half and tie them together. Then no one he knows will see him getting carried through the street since it will just be a big ol’ tied up bag that we’re carrying around. Even if they know its a body, they won’t know its him yeah?” The goblin offers as a possible solution to the potential rescue problem.
Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”