Unfamiliar Troubles

Adventures and antics of the Joker's Jokers.
Post Reply
User avatar
Freemage
Savage Senior
Posts: 1927
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Freemage »

You've all returned from Kingsdale, with a fair bit of downtime and R&R, and more than a few Credits richer. The bounties were collected without incident in Whykin, and most of you have settled in nicely back at Castle Refuge.

The new teammates had to get used to the Crawler, of course; the odd APV takes some getting used to, and Driverbot would only accept the new arrivals as members of the 7th on Growler's say-so. Once that was over, the new members are treated the exact sort of devoted duty as the Old Guard.

You've had several days to recuperate from your last mission, when you get a notification to meet Sgt. Wilde in the briefing room immediately.

When you arrive, you see the two usual figures of the Sergeant, puffing what seems to be her fourth cigar of the day while clutching a glass of whiskey, and the violet-skinned adjutant Montcrief. What's unusual is for there to be a third figure in the room--let alone one with a lot more pips on his heavily modded Combat Mage Armor. His helmet's faceplate is drawn back, revealing a 30-something human, and he's holding a tube of some sort. The sergeant's desk is atypically bare, except for an odd device--a black box with a number of unlabeled switches.

As the last of you enters and takes your seat, he nods to Montcrief, who steps over and closes the door. As he does so, the man flips a switch on the device on the desk; instantly, any of you who have active comms up find yourselves completely silent. Personal tablets and such also go off-line. Even the video display on the wall goes blank. Even as you realize what happened, he also murmurs something in Latin and makes a
If you have the ability to detect supernatural effects with a Notice roll, go for it, at -4. Success, you realize he just cast conceal arcana; raise, you know he dumped all the trimmings on it
. Only then does Sergeant Wilde speak.

"Listen up! This is
Roll Common Knowledge at +1. On a success, you know that Waller is a Ley Line Walker as well as a technical genius. On a Raise, you know that it's rumored that he'd love nothing more than to be back in the field, but stays in command out of a sense of duty.
. He's Chief Communications Officer around here, which is to say he's important, and you're going to give him your undivided attention."
She nods at the Captain, who gives her a brief dip of the brow as acknowledgement before turning to you all.

"I'll get right to it. First, this mission absolutely depends on operational security--speak to no one outside this room about what I'm about to say. We've intercepted some radio chatter from the Coalition that has us concerned." As he speaks he pulls out a map from the tube, laying it on the desk and rolling it out. "We're not sure of the specifics of their mission, but a strike team has been dispatched with orders to quell something or other that has their brass upset. They have two targets; the first is located near a small settlement in eastern Arkansas--" Here, he taps the map near a dot marked "Newsquareport", then continues, "--while the second is in the ruins of old Helena, Arkansas.[/b]

"We have two concerns. First and foremost, teams like this usually have a high tolerance for 'collateral damage'. Second, we've been engaged in a fairly major diplomatic push in that part of the state; we've got about two dozen envoys traveling between the myriad independent settlements, making what outreach and alliances we can. The longer the C-S are running around there, the more likely they are to run across our efforts, and we'd rather to stay off their radar as long as we can."

He shakes his head, as Sergeant Wilde a new cigar, puffing it alight. Apparently, not even the presence of the high brass will make her refrain from filling the briefing room with a thick haze.

"Your job is to try to beat the CS to the punch--go to both locations, find out what's happening there. If it's the sort of situation that calls for violence, then make sure the Coalition team comes across lots of evidence that whatever was there has been destroyed. If it's someone or something that needs help, then see if you can do that, maybe evacing them and leaving evidence that their target has flown the coop. Beyond that, improvise, keeping in mind the need to stay low-profile. Your team has been selected precisely because you've demonstrated the ability to adapt to curveballs. The good news is that you've got a head-start. The CS troops are unlikely to want to cut through the Magic Zone on their way to their first target, so they'll likely have to cut west to the Mississippi River, then south past Kingsdale before they get to Newsquareport. You should beat them to Newsquareport by at least a few days; hopefully you can keep that lead the entire time."

He rolls up the map, then looks to you all. "Any questions? If not, get down to the Crawler and head out; it's prepped and ready to go."

He will answer any questions you have, but quickly and without a lot of extraneous detail; it's clear he wants you on the road as fast as possible.

RETCON POST ONE:
At the end of the Captain's briefing, Sgt. Wilde points her almost-gone stogie stub at each of the three new faces in the room. "Elihah, Robot Pilot; Ernest, Techno-Wizard; Phillip, Spell-chucker." She follows this by waving at everyone else in the room with a single gesture, followed by pointing specifically at the Dogboy. "7th SET, aka the Jokers, your new teammates. That's Growler, he's your field officer, do as he says. Introductions done, get down to the motor pool with your gear. Elihah, there's a trailer for your RV. There's also a sheltered box on it for your pup, Phillip. The rest of get-to-know you bunk can be done on the road, don't dawdle. Move out, people!"

****************************

On the road to Newsquareport:

We'll be using the Journey rules, here. No Horror modifiers for this leg of the trip, as while the CS doesn't patrol here, there are ample roads to get around on. The first thing you have to decide is how far you want to drive.

The Creeper is sure, but slow, and you have a looming deadline (though you're not quite sure what it is). You can get to Newsquareport in three days of easy travel, or one day of really pushing it (making three Piloting rolls in one day--see below).

Once you've decided which option to go with, assign roles, and roll as follows:

Navigator (Required):
For each day of travel, the Navigator needs to roll Survival. On a Raise, all Pilot, Scout and Lookout rolls get a +1 bonus. On a failure, you don't make any progress that day. On a CritFailure... well, things get interesting.

Lookout (Required):
For each day of travel, roll Notice once to determine how well you'll deal with random encounters.

Piloting (Required for each vehicle, mount or RV):
Roll once for each of the three legs of the rip. If you roll more than one leg per day, there's a -1 cumulative penalty to the roll. Note that Driverbot has a net d12+3 when operating the Creeper, so even if you go all three legs of the trip in one day, you'll get d12+3, d12+2 and d12+1. Furthermore, Driverbot is a Wild Card.

Scout (Optional):
Roll Stealth to get ahead of the group and see if you can spot any trouble coming.
Success: No effect--I draw for the encounter normally.
Raise: I draw twice and you pick the result.
Failure: I draw twice and pick.
CritFail: Things get messy.

Support (Optional):
Roll support using any skill that makes sense. No modifier, Success gives any other person +1 to the roll, a Raise gives +2.

RETCON NOTE: With the trailer, technically, all of Driverbot's rolls were 1 less, since it reduces handling. However, that wouldn't really change the outcome, so no need to sweat it.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
.
User avatar
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Growler »

Notice d8 (-4 due difficulty, +2 due Sense of Smell... so d8-2)
  • Notice: 1d8!!-2!!: [4]-2 = 2
    Wild: 1d6!!-2!!: [4]-2 = 2
    Result: 2 - Fail.

Common Knowledge at +1
  • Common Knowledge: 1d4!!+1!!: [2]+1 = 3
    Wild: 1d6!!+1!!: [1]+1 = 2
    Result: 3 - Fail.

Survival d8 (+2 due Keen Sense of Smell, +1 due Compass so +3)
  • Survival: 1d8!!+3!!: [4]+3 = 7
    Wild: 1d6!!+3!!: [3]+3 = 6
    • Bennie Reroll
      • Survival: 1d8!!+3!!: [2]+3 = 5
        Wild: 1d6!!+3!!: [10!!]+3 = 13
      Result: 13- Success with Raise. On a Raise, all Pilot, Scout and Lookout rolls get a +1 bonus.


After a minor delay in the morning, Growler gets back into the groove and is quickly able to plan out their
Remember... I may redraw one Action Card used to determine encounters per day of travel due to Pathfinder. Growler will reroll the first, if any, Spade or Club Encounter.
and lead them down a quick and safe path.

I hope nobody calls me out on how rusty I was this morning... people might start questioning my decisions

"Chok'lat... keep an your sensors peeled to look for any troubles. Those among you that are able to move quietly through this terrain, work
together and scout up ahead. I have our route planned. Everyone else, help where you think best. I am not here to hold your hands. Lets get moving. I will be instructing
We will be pushing to get there in 1 day... so d12+4, d12+3, and d12+2 due to Growler's roll
to keep us rolling until we get there, unless we happen to see something that the Legion would want for us to take care of enroute."
Growler
Main Character: Tiny Tim
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Berk
Pace: 8 [12] (d8); Parry: 6 (8); Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 40 / 40
PP: 15 / 15

Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 2/3
Base Amount
-1 due Reroll on Navigation Roll
User avatar
Chok'lat
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat doesn't spend much time thinking about their orders. Told what to do, he does it. He heads to the Crawler with more guns than three people would need and loads into the vehicle.
Out in the wild, he follows @Growler's lead and peeks his head out of the vehicle to get the
Notice: 1d6!!+4: [2]+4 = 6
WD Notice: 1d6!!+4: [3]+4 = 7 add +1 from Growler
available to him. He is keenly aware of anything fit to see or worth hearing, down to remote details.
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Toughness: 26 (14) MD
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Elan
User avatar
Roy
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 5:49 am

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Roy »

Notice 1d6!! or 1d6!! One With Magic +2 Atlantean +2: [1]+[2] = 3


Roy listens to the briefing as the officer goes through it. What was his name, Waller, Walker. Oh my head is splitting. He wondered. When his arcane senses supressed he did not even realize it. The fuzzyness from he previous condition still with him. When Waller asked if they had questions Roy did.

"If speed is of the essence, I could creat a portal there. Is their a reason we need to go the traditional route?"

The crawler was an increadible tool. But if lives were at stake then it could be worth doing. His own Ley Line Gates could only take so many. But he was talented enough he could even do a Rift if needed. Though most of the Legion fround on using Dimensional Portals Rifts casually.


---------------------------------------------------


As they traveled Roy was not much for driving and navigating. He could help where he needed to with tools, or even his skills. But magic was not the solution to every problem.

Survival Support roll if wanted 1d6!! or Wild 1d6!!: [11!!]+[5] = 16
User avatar
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Jarvis listens intently to the mission briefing. The politics of North America were still a bit foreign to him, but it sounded like investing in more lethal grenades for his power armor was a wise decision. The kittani even knew who
Common Knowledge 1d6!!: [2] = 2 1d6!!: [4] = 4 +1=5
was, and wondered if standard munitions were going to be enough.

On the road, the more veteran members of the 7th fell into familiar roles of navigation, and watch detail. The was fine with Jarvis, he observed his teammates closely, noting their habits and mannerisms. Knowing how your allies react and being able to anticipate it sometimes was the difference between life and death. Satisfied that things were well in hand, he removed his helmet and gauntlet and placed his hand on the interior of the Crawler, attempting to
Psionics (Mindlink: Telemechanics) 1d10!!: [7] = 7 1d6!!: [1] = 1 -1 for PA +1 for touch limitation reducing Power cost +2 for 4 extra ISP from Major Psionic -4 to obscure construction =5
to Drivebot. The construct was definitely unique, but Jarvis managed to make contact with a little extra effort.

Hello Drivebot, thank you for allowing me to communicate with you in this way. My name is Jarvis Ursus and we greatly appreciate your assistance in making this journey. While you are more than capable of handling yourself, should you require
Repair 1d8!!: [7] = 7 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7 -4 for obscure construction +2 from Mr. Fix It, +2 from Telemechanics, +2 from Universal Toolkit??=9
, your systems appear to be similar to that of In'Valian design. A race that my people...ahem..,have had some dealings with. I am at your service should you need it.
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
User avatar
Freemage
Savage Senior
Posts: 1927
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Freemage »

Driverbot Rolls
Driving 1d12!!+5: [3]+5 = 8
Wild Driving 1d6!!+5: [7!!]+5 = 12
2nd Driving 1d12!!+4: [8]+4 = 12
2nd Wild Driving 1d6!!+4: [4]+4 = 8
3rd Driving 1d12!!+3: [11]+3 = 14
3rd Wild Driving 1d12!!+3: [11]+3 = 14
Raises, all!

Card Flip:
4 Diamonds--no Random Encounter.
At Growler's command, Driverbot pushes the Crawler for 18 hours. The trips is utterly uneventful, with the team able to relax and get to know one another.
Interlude!
Okay, folks, you know the drill. Your character tells a story about themselves from before they joined the Legion. Use the d4 to determine the suit per the rules, or just come up with something on your own. Take a benny once you're done. This is also going to be how I take a roster of who is actually currently active, so please, post something!
RETCON 3: New arrivals, please add your interludes to the posts below this one.

You pull into town fairly late in the evening, maybe around 10 PM. The territory around the town is typical of the post-post-Apocalypse; ruins have been overgrown with vegetation, but some have been re-occupied in intervening decades, or stripped down by scavengers. In addition to the road you've been following, there's remnants of Golden Age streets going off into other ruined areas. As you get closer, there's clearer signs of actual habitation--farms and orchards, primarily. There is a palisade around the town proper, though the gate is wide open and unmanned; it's obvious the simple fortification is only used in times of trouble. The town is fairly quiet, about what you'd expect for a simple settlement of maybe a thousand people. Outside the town gate is a welcome sign:
Welcome Sign.jpg
"Newsquareport". Cute.

There are some signs of life--a good-sized structure is the most obvious contender for 'place to talk to people', as it has lights on and music coming out of it. There's also a small hotel with a flickering sign that simply says "Rest". And you can see a few passers-by, mostly seeming to be heading from the aforementioned music hall, some of them a weaving a bit in the classic manner of the inebriated. Several people stop to goggle a bit at the Creeper, which is understandable given the machine's obvious oddity. Some stand still and watch cautiously, an a couple more step quickly into homes, obviously wanting nothing to do with the strangeness. A couple of kids out a bit late just stare, fascinated.
Fun with dice!
Common Knowledge (HJ Geography bonus applies):
Success
Newsquareport is a small farming community. They supply food to both Whykin and Kingsdale, though they favor Whykin a bit.
Raise
Population is mostly human, though they aren't a 'human supremacist' settlement as such. Of the maybe 10% of the population that are D-Bees, most are either Quickflex or Fennodi. The town name is a math pun by the Rogue Scholar who helped found the settlement some 40 years ago--it rests on the site of the old city of Newport, AR. "New Newport" = "New-squared Port" = "Newsquareport".
Notice
Success
Pretty much everyone you see is human, though there is a Fennodi among the passers-by, too. Everyone seems to fall somewhere on the curious-to-cautious spectrum.
Raise
One exception to the above--one of the kids out after curfew saw the Creeper, stepped into a gap between buildings and took off running. Also, one odd thing about the inhabitants--at least half are cybernetically enhanced: a leg here, an arm there, one cybereye... does that teenager over there have a plasma ejector coming out of his arm?

Driverbot speaks in a clipped voice that is almost, but not quite, an English accent: "We have arrived at Newsquareport. Orders, Specialist Growler?"

Ripples: 1
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
.
User avatar
Roy
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 5:49 am

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Roy »

Roy looked over the mound he and Brent where hidden behind. “The elementals did not even slow them down. With those dog boys we cannot hide. We need to get out of here.” Watching as the Coalition platoon searched for the brothers.
Brent looked at his brother with disappointment. “Hide? We are already hiding. I am a master of my craft and do not plan on running from dogs or their human slavers.” Preparing a powerful spell. “Besides, the elementals did not slow them because you chose not to commit. Playing it safe with the weaker elementals. But I am willing to commit.” As he finished his words the spell he had been preparing came to conclusion.
“What are you doing, even combined we do not have the skill to summon a greater elemental.” Roy challenged on recognizing the working being done.
The elemental sliding through was enormous, nearly 40’ tall the living tornado like beings appeared as an animated storm. “Kill the Dog Boys then kills the rest of them.” Brett commanded his will shaping the command so the alien entity could understand the words.
The elemental ignored the command, as lightning stuck down at the two wizards. Brent dodged to the side, summoning a portal to slip through he grabbed Roy and the two of them arrived a short distance away. “Damn it Brent, you knew you could not control something that powerful.” Roy said as he turned to the elemental. Then the creature looked and saw the CS forced that had been hunting the two temporal wizards.
The two forces clashed, the CS unable to overcome the more powerful elemental broke and fled, the dog boys giving their lives to protect their human allies.
Brent smiled. “It seems fate favors action brother. Again your hesitation could have cost us the field. Lets go.”
Roy was annoyed, his brother always seemed to get by on luck and was too easily willing to risk the lives of others. “No more, your thirst for vengeance is unhealthy.” That was the last day Roy worked as a partner with Brent.
Thinking back on how he was treated while infected Roy believed his brother had learned nothing. Things may have worked out, again, but Roy was still convinced that Brents willingness to sacrifice and abuse others for what he considered ‘the greater good’ was wrong.


Common Knowledge 1d6!! or 1d6!!: [5]+[3] = 8 = Success

Notice 1d6!! or 1d6!!: [1]+[2] = 3 = Fail

Inspirational Card Suit 1d4: [2] = 2 = Hearts = Backstory: A tale of the hero’s greatest love — lost, found, present, or waiting on her back home.



Roy got out of the vehicle looking around. The people were nervous and he did not want to do anything to aggitate them. Smiling he tried to put them at ease. "Howdy folks, yall okay? Looks like ya could use a little help."
User avatar
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

1d4: [3] = 3 = Diamonds Backstory

1d6!!: [1] = 1 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10

1d8!!: [3] = 3 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7


After conversing with Drivebot telepathically, Jarvis leaves his helmet off and looks to his companions, specifically to Roy, the new addition and True Atlantean.

“You all read my file and know I don’t make it a secret that I once served the Splugorth. I am not proud of that and there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t regret the things I did. What you don’t know is how a Kittani defector ended up with a suit of armor that is made in North America.
“The Juicer Apprehension Powered Exoskeleton system or J.A.P.E. was, in fact, developed by Northern Gun to stem the growing tide of Juicer, M.O.M. and enhanced human crimes in the cities of the Midwest. The main goal of the project was to create a powered exoskeleton that could match the speed and strength of these augmented individuals, as well as to develop a method of non-lethal capture usable in both close-quarters and urban settings.

“The prototype suit was developed nearly 20 years ago without any weapon systems with non-lethal systems not being added until almost a year later but ultimately the project ended up being shelved by Northern Gun in favor of deadlier alternatives.”


Jarvis smiles at this before continuing, “Seems humans are not so different than any other intelligent being in the Multiverse. Anyway, as the story goes, a decade later the Black Market acquired the plans for the J.A.P.E. system during a raid on Northern Gun's R&D labs. That’s not exactly true. You see, Splynncryth has a high degree of interest in North America and bio-wizardry is expensive and… takes a toll on its recipients to say the least. A technical option was of great interest to the High Lords and once word filtered back to Atlantis about this suit, they had to get their tentacles on one.

“You see it was Atlantis that raided Northern Gun. Specifically, myself along with a few other Kittani and Kydian Overlords. We took those plans and developed a version of the suit for ourselves. Ultimately though, it was only Kittani that could use it. Kydians would need a bigger version and the High Lords soon found out that despite being an effective design, we Kittani preferred our own style. You also still need to control those slaves you catch, so you might as well just slap the Zombitron on them from the start.

“So only a few Kittani models were made, including this one, and then the project was abandoned. We of course then sold the blueprints to the Black Market to recoup some of the costs, which is how they really got it. and I am quite fond of the suit myself as it was essential in my escape from Atlantis.


“Ahh. It looks like we have arrived.” Jarvis laughed. “New Squared, Ha! We Kittani can appreciate a good math joke. Hmm, doesn’t look like the locals are that pleased to see us, however.”
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
User avatar
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Growler »

1d4: [2] = 2 - Hearts
  • A tale of the hero’s greatest love—lost, found, present, or waiting on her back home.


"Most of you are new to me. I am Growler. I was an experimental Mage Hunter Dogboy thrown together by Lonestar. After some unsavory work in Tolkeen for them, I had enough and joined the Tomorrow Legion. I was the only one in my litter to survive to adulthood, and they treated me as an experiment instead of a person... or even as a pet. The Legion has been my only real home and pack. Former Packleader Herra accepted me into her pack, and I have done what I can to make her proud... and to be proud of me if she was to hear of my deeds. After she had to leave the pack, I was tasked with leading.

I am not worried about what you have done in the past. We have all done things in the past that we are not proud of. I am concerned of the future. I want each and every one of you to act in ways that will make the Tomorrow Legion, the Sergeant, and Former Pack Leader Herra proud of us."



After arriving in Newsquareport, Growler restates their mission.

"Alright... remember opsec. No talking about this outside the Crawler. We have to find whatever would have had the Coalition forces into the area, but remain low profile. Our crawler stands out, but we can just say we are passing through for some R and R as an excuse to be here... and don't reference the Legion. We are just some travelling guns for hire that stopped for a cold meal and warm beer. If it is someone or something that needs help... we help and evac them and if necessary fake their deaths or create a false trail for them. If it is something that calls for violence... overkill is ENCOURAGED to show evidence to the Coalition that it has been taken care of. We should have a couple days until the Coalition shows up, so lets hurry. Questions? As soon as we are done here we can go to the second area. Now everyone go and gather information as each of you can best do... and remember... no mention of us searching for anything in particular though general interest in intriguing things near here is fine... but don't ask about the Coalition or say we are from the Legion... call us Herra's Heroes for Hire. Drivebot... park beside the music hall... and please refrain from deadly force unless absolutely necessary."
Growler
Main Character: Tiny Tim
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Berk
Pace: 8 [12] (d8); Parry: 6 (8); Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 40 / 40
PP: 15 / 15

Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 2/3
Base Amount
-1 due Reroll on Navigation Roll
User avatar
Chok'lat
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Chok'lat »

interlude
1d4: [2] = 2 - Chok'lat's true love? Challenge accepted!
edit: challenge failed
Chok'lat, absent-mindedly scanning the horizon for threats, bursts into unsolicited monologue, whether inspired by the stories of his friends or just an abundance of thoughts his head could no longer contain. "Chok'lat was really bad. Chok'lat did things to people for fun and for cyber. Mostly it was hurting people or stealing their stuff. The most fun was hurting them real bad then they got to watch when we took their stuff. Then we usually killed them." His face twists a little, clearly uncomfortable with his past actions.

"Sometimes," he continues "...we had to kill our own people because they crossed Cray-Cray or...well, sometimes Cray-Cray killed some of us because she was really mean and she felt like killing something. It didn't bother Chok'lat since she killed somebody else. Sometimes Chok'lat found it funny, even if it was one of Chok'lat's original crew." He picks idly at something stuck in his teeth before continuing.

"When Chok'lat started following the Light, that stuff wasn't as much fun. Chok'lat knew they were demons who did bad things so they had it comin'. But then Chok'lat kept running with you guys and Chok'lat likes you all a lot. Even you new guys. Chok'lat don't want to see nothing bad happen to you guys."

His face softens and goes pensive. He pauses long enough that you might think he concluded his thought. Just as someone moves to speak, he pipes up again. "Chok'lat knows 'love' is a word but only that Chok'lat used to love doing bad things. Now, Chok'lat wants you all to be happy and not get hurt. Does that mean Chok'lat loves you guys?"
He shrugs at the thought. "Chok'lat thinks that would be nice."

As Chok'lat

Notice: 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
WD Notice: 1d6!!+2: [10!!]+2 = 12
around the town they've reached, he takes note of the significant amount of cybernetic modification in the townspeople. "Hey, anyone think that's a lot of implants and gear for a town like this?" He catches sight of a kid darting away between buildings as they approach. "Huh. That don't look normal. Kid just ran off that way. Stay awake. Don't know who or what he's telling."
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Toughness: 26 (14) MD
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Elan
Elihah
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:36 pm

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Elihah »

"What the frell?" Elihah exclaimed as he managed to move his new Hunter robot into cover before the Coalition fire struck him.
I'm in a robot, how can they tell I'm an Elf to start shooting at me on sight

"Attention Hunter Mobile Gun, you are wanted in connection for an attack on Camp Demetrius. Stand down and prepare to be interrogated.

"I didn't have anything with that!" Elihah exclaimed, whilst plotting targeting solutions. What kind of trouble did that frelling arsewipe drop me in? No wonder he had a smirk when I refused his payment. Probably called the CS on me

"Negative, your markings match those of a Hunter Mobile Gun involved in the attack. Stand down and if you were not involved, you will be allowed to go about your business. You have thirty seconds to comply."

Frell, I stand down, I get executed on sight for being a Dbee. I fight or try to run, good chance of dying. Elihah fretted as he calculated his odds of surviving.

Frell it, time to roll the dice. Show them that elves are far better than they are


As Elihah sat waiting patiently in the vehicle, using his cards to play a few games of solitaire unless he is needed.

"You know, normally I just get shot at by the CS for fun. This has to be the first time I'm doing this willing going into a possible confrontation."

rolls
common knowledge 1d4+2: [1]+2 = 3 wild dice 1d6+2: [4]+2 = 6
notice 1d8: [5] = 5 wild dice 1d6: [3] = 3
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 741
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Stoic »

Notice 1d8!! 1d6!!: [3]+[4] = 7
Common Knowledge 1d6!! 1d6!!: [2]+[4] = 6
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
User avatar
Freemage
Savage Senior
Posts: 1927
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Freemage »

Just as the team is preparing to disembark, with the side-door swinging open to let the Jokers move out, a thin man in a long, sleeveless overcoat comes over from around a corner, smiling amiably. The boy who ran off earlier is at the corner, obviously peering around to watch. The familial resemblance is unmistakable, even to the casual viewer; if not father/son, then the boy is at least his nephew.
As he arrives at the Creeper, the man gives a left-handed wave, which just happens to show the tin star in his hand."Hello in there! Sheriff Thompson, welcome to Newsquareport! Ain't seen a ride like this before, so I was wonderin--" In an instant, his voice cuts off, his face pales, and his right arm snaps up, the barrel of a particle beam pistol popping out of the forearm. "Look out! One'a'them Broad-killers snuck on board your ride!" He's very clearly trying to get a bead on Chok'lat, but the rest of the team is making it hard to draw a proper bead, giving a VERY brief window of opportunity to turn this potential Tango Foxtrot around, maybe.

The Dice Stuff
Okay, first up, Notice rolls. Danger Sense does apply:

Notice Success:
The Sheriff must be nervous; the particle beam barrel is shaking from his arm's tremors. Which is weird, given that he is apparently cool-headed enough to not open fire at a potential threat just because of a bunch of civilians in the way. Another funny thing--he's got a Wilk's 237 on his right hip, and he didn't even go for that.
Notice Raise:
Wait, no, that's not why the gun's shaking. He was holding the badge in his left hand, and that Wilk's is holstered for a cross draw; this guy's a southpaw, and the cyeber-weapon's embedded in his right arm. Why would he do that, especially with something as powerful--and expensive--as a particle beam gun?
And now, the main event.

Keeping this from going south fast is going to require some fast talking. What's worse, it's going to fall on Chok'lat to convince this sheriff that he's not a threat! His success level (or lack thereof) can result in anything from immediate combat up to, "We'll let you stay, but we're watching you!" Fortunately, the rest of you can help, within limits.

Chok'lat needs to make a Persuasion roll at -2. The level of success he gets determines if this is a debacle or not. Anyone who wishes to may help out. There's two major options, there:

1: Support rolls. Note, these MUST be Persuasion rolls, since you're trying to play friendly. If someone has Empathy, you can use that for your own Support roll. The Support rolls do not suffer the -2 penalty, but any personal Hindrances you might have on that front do apply. Support rolls give +1 with a Success, and +2 with a Raise. No limit on how many boosts the group as a whole can give, though individuals are capped at +2. All rolls should be accompanied by a brief in-character testament to the situation not being as dire as the Sheriff seems to think.
2: Someone could hit Chok'lat with Boost Trait: Persuasion, to at least give him better dice to bring to bear. Other Powers that make sense could also be brought to bear.

Final note about the dice rolls: The -2 penalty will be negated, if and only if, someone tells the Sheriff you're with the Tomorrow Legion. Remember, though, that you've been told to keep a low profile, so it's up to you if you want to go there. Maybe it'd be worth it to get over the hump, maybe not.

The "Easy" Way:
KO'ing, dominating or otherwise shutting down the Sheriff would keep him from opening fire, and since he's not a Wild Card, it'd be easy enough to do--but you're in the middle of the street and lots of people are watching, including the Sheriff's kid. Basically, any overt action that would even look like an attack is going to be seen, and produce a mass panic/mob situation.
Ripples: 2
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
.
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 741
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Stoic »

OOC Comments
Persuasion 1d8!! 1d6!!: [7]+[1] = 8
Charismatic Reroll
Reroll 1d8!! 1d6!!: [2]+[5] = 7
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Elihah
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:36 pm

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Elihah »

Notice
Notice 1d8+2!!: [1]+2 = 3 wild dice 1d6+2!!: [3]+2 = 5
Well, isn't that typical Elihah noticed as he walks down the ramp, holding his helmet under his arm but not his biggest gun. I wonder if he really wants to shoot at all!
Persuasion
persuasion 1d8+1!!: [4]+1 = 5 wild dice 1d6+1!!: [6]+1 = 7

exploding wild dice 1d6+7!: [1]+7 = 8
raise unless he happens to be a human supremacist or a dwarf on stilts in disguise
Still, guess its up to the Elf to get the sheriff onside. It can be so tedious being me sometimes.

"Now now Sheriff," Elihah swept back his hair, letting the luscious and stepped forward, tapping the barrel of the Particle beam weapon and running his finger along the side slightly suggestively, "Chok'lat here doesn't mean anybody any harm. He's a pussy cat mostly. Just don't try rubbing his belly."
User avatar
Roy
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 5:49 am

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Roy »

Roy channels some power with some subtle arcane gestures embueing Chok with some of his talent. Then slowly raises his hands. "Slow down friend. Chok here is not as bad as he looks. Lets talk about this so we don't get hurt."

Notice Success
@Chok'lat gains +2 die type and a free reroll on persuation
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6!! or 1d6!! with a +2 to highest die: [5]+[1] = 6

Evolve Reality - boost/lower Trait (can be used as an innate ability, cost 0 power points to use at base effect, must still pay for modifiers, when used automatically gains the raise effect on a success, free reroll)
Innate Boost trait on Chok with exhalted boost 1d12!! or 1d6!!: [8]+[1] = 9
User avatar
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Growler »

Boost Trait (d8 -> d12+2 -> d12+4 due Limitations), via Adept
  • Psionics: d12!!+2!!: [8]+2 = 10 +2
    Wild: d6!!+2!!: [10!!]+2 = 12 +2
    Result: 14 - Success with Raise(s). Persuasion -> d8. 1 ISP.

Persuasion: 1d8!!: [3] = 3
Wild: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Result: 4 - Success. +1 to Chok'lat Persuasion

Notice (I am assuming no help from Hearing or Smell, but +2 from his Multi-Optics Helmet before he opens his visor)
  • Notice: 1d8!!: [1] = 1 +2
    Wild: 1d6!!: [3] = 3 +2
    Result: 5 - Success. The Sheriff must be nervous; the particle beam barrel is shaking from his arm's tremors. Which is weird, given that he is apparently cool-headed enough to not open fire at a potential threat just because of a bunch of civilians in the way. Another funny thing--he's got a Wilk's 237 on his right hip, and he didn't even go for that.


Drawing upon his inner calm, Growler tries to help how he can. Growler opens his helmet as a show of good faith.

"I am Growler, leader of the Hera's Heroes for Hire. I know it is long, but you can call us H Cubed... or maybe HQB?!? Anyways... This Brodkil, Chok'lat, is a member of my company. He has experienced a change of heart from his kind's normal behavior and KNOWS that if he was to revert to his earlier behaviors it would not go well for him. I have trusted him with my life and the lives of my companions here. We just want to spend some of our hard earned credits on preferably warm meals, cold beer, and loud lively music. How about we all go in and spend some credits in your fine town? Any member of my company who starts any trouble will be severely dealt with."
Growler
Main Character: Tiny Tim
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Berk
Pace: 8 [12] (d8); Parry: 6 (8); Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 40 / 40
PP: 15 / 15

Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 2/3
Base Amount
-1 due Reroll on Navigation Roll
User avatar
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Jarvis remained silent with his helmet on. Revealing himself as a Kittani just might send this local law enforcement over the edge. A quick
1d8!!: [3] = 3 1d6!!: [1] = 1 +2 = 5 (success)
revealed the man was obviously nervous, but was also not messing around with leveling a particle beam in their direction.

Considering his options, Jarvis shifted his left arm slightly to point the capture assault system in the direction of the man. If things deteriorated, the polymer bolo would have to do as bringing the neural disruptor rifle to bear would definitely not be subtle. He hoped it wouldn’t come to that, however, and it seemed his companions were already making a decent effort to prevent the worst.

OOC Comments
On hold to entangle/bind with capture assault system if persuasion fails
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
User avatar
Chok'lat
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat
Notice: 1d6!!+4: [11!!]+4 = 15
WD Notice: 1d6!!+4: [4]+4 = 8
the sheriff's twitchy tendencies almost before he drew his pistol. He would normally spout off immediately, but his friends managed to help delay the firefight, leaving Chok'lat to speak for himself. An

Persuasion: 1d8!!+2: [7]+2 = 9
WD Persuasion: 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
as he tries to reassure the sheriff that he's never met a brodkil like this. "My good sir, I am called Chok'lat and I assure you I intend you and your people no harm. I have sworn upon my honor...such that it was in the past...and my very life that I would atone for my sins, and this before an angel of Heaven and the Light he served. I am perfect by no means, but I yearn to fulfill my oath. Please forgive my brutish appearance. I cannot alter it, nor would I. It is fitting penance for the crimes of my past. I digress..."
He pauses to let his words sink in, then continues. "I would be grateful, quite honestly, if you wouldn't put holes in me that will give our medic fits. If you would extend even more grace, we would be appreciative of accommodations in your town. I will prove my word to you and we will do as our leader, Growler, says. We will patronize your local eateries, pay our tabs in full, and endeavor to leave your town in as good or better condition than we found it. I can attempt to conceal my appearance should that make our stay here more palatable."
The glamour is not permanent, though, and begins to subside. "What you think? Chok'lat okay to stay?"
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Toughness: 26 (14) MD
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Elan
User avatar
Freemage
Savage Senior
Posts: 1927
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Freemage »

The Sheriff is stunned into silence for a few moments--between the testimonials and Chok'lat's highly unBrodkil-like oratory, he simply can't process it for a stretch. Finally, he lowers his right arm, the particle beam barrel sinking back in.

"This is... strange. Still, world's seen stranger, I s'pose. Since y'all are vouching for him, an' he seems a bit... different than most, I'll let you folks stay. But you're all on the hook for whatever he does." He pauses, thinking for a moment. "Okay, I'm gonna ask you all to wait here til I get back. I'm gonna call a town meeting, and let folks know a bit about your arrival. I wanna make sure no one else panics seein' him. It'll take about an hour or two. I'll send the boy over with some food while you're waitin'. In the menatime...."

He kind of glances around at the small assembled crowd, who have definitely started to creep closer. He points at one woman. "Pardon me, Sally, but I need to borrow that ribbon on your basket." The woman blinks, then unties the a bright blue ribbon, finged in yellow thread, from the handle of the woven basket she's carrying. SHe holds it out to him, head tilted curiously. The sheriff takes it, then turns to Chok'lat.

"Hold out your arm." Assuming the Brodkil does so, Sheriff Thompson ties the ribbon snugly around the Brodkil's bicep. "Three rules. You don't carry weapons around town other than whatever cyber you got. And you keep this on, so everyone can recognize you, know you're the one I told them about. And no goin' invisible." Clearly, he's not an expert on Brodkil, so he doesn't realize that invisibility and cybernetics don't mix.

With that, he motions for the team to close the side-door. "The boy'll be back in about fifteen with those vittles I mentioned; and I'll be back soon as I can." As he heads off, he conscripts a few of the townsfolk to mark corners of a 'nothing to see here' square around the Creeper. This, of course, results in a fair few rubberneckers standing around at the edge of that line, peering intently and murmuring among themselves. Still, upon being told not to approach under order of the Sheriff, folks do keep their distance.

This gives you plenty of time to observe the residents, and what some of you noted before is now simply inescapable--there's a lot more cybernetic enhancement in this town than you would expect this far from the major hubs, and a lot of it is... sub-optimal. Single legs or eyes, for instance (while not unheard-of, most folks who need a replacement leg or eye get the pair done, to they can work better in tandem). Similarly, the sheriff's side-arm was not a full cybernetic arm, just an implant with as much hardware as needed to make it function.

You see some more teens and even pre-teens with advanced cybernetic installments like limbs--normally, those are avoided on children because they'll need to get replaced as the kid grows. Although apparently they upgrade regularly; you don't see anyone with, for instance, a too-short cyberleg or disproportionate cyberarm.

The youth who fetched the Sheriff when you first arrived comes up after about 20 minutes with a small cart filled with foodstuffs. "Paw says to give you folks this," he calls out as he gets close. He parks the cart and steps back from the door; the cart proves to be filled mostly with fresh produce, though a few meat pies are there, as well. The boy drifts back to the line without making any conversation, though he's clearly fascinated.

It's almost three hours before the Sheriff returns. "Alright, thanks for your patience, folks. Word's being spread to just about everyone. I'd suggest that you--" He looks directly at Chok'lat here, "--don't go anywhere on your own, too; even with the ribbon, folks might get a bit twitchy if one of your teammates isn't around. Also, I'm afraid Jeb--he runs the hostel--says he can't let you stay in a room. If you want, he can let you have the stable, says there's no horses in there right now, anyway."

Then he turns to Growler. "You folks can stay as long as you don't make trouble. Spreading credits around'll help smooth things over, so by all means, check out the local businesses tomorrow if you like, or if you're moving on, that's fine, too. My office is just around the block from here, if you have any other questions."

Barring any immediate queries, he heads off, probably to get some sleep. There's a somewhat nervous looking man standing by the entrance to the hostel, obviously Jed.
Rolls and Such
So, you've got a fairly vague set of instructions--find out why the CS is sending a patrol here--and an uncertain time-limit, in that you've got an unknown number of days before the CS rolls in and makes things awkward.

The only really unusual thing you've seen is a bunch of odd choices in cybernetic enhancement.

Oh, a Successful Notice roll will tell you one other
The Sheriff did say that there's been Brodkil (well, "Broad-killer") trouble in the area lately
.

Some likely lines of inquiry:

1: Talking to the locals (Standard Networking roll, no modifiers other than the ones you have, be they Edges or Hindrances, just note if you are using Persuasion or Intimidation).

2: Scouting around town (Notice roll, no Danger Sense or other situational bonuses, but general ones like Alertness apply). Make a note if you're checking for something in particular, or just kind of getting the feel of the place.

3: Scouting around outside of town (Notice at -2, Field Intel Edge applies, but not Danger Sense).

4: You guys surprise me. I'm used to that. Just let me know in chat what you're doing, I'll shoot you a roll.
Ripples: 2
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
.
Elihah
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:36 pm

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Elihah »

Elihah

The elf meandered around town, talking to the residents. He wasn't asking any specific questions, just being friendly and getting along with the locals and getting them ready for whomever was going to try and get information from them.

OOC Comments
Will throw up the rolls to assist networking rolls and fill in the blanks later
Persuasion 1d6+1: [4]+1 = 5
wild dice 1d6+1: [5]+1 = 6

Notice 1d8: [5] = 5
wild dice 1d6: [1] = 1
User avatar
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Growler »

Now remember to stay with your Leave Buddy. Nobody goes off by themselves. Groups of two or more at any time. Chok'lat... I will be your leave buddy. Chok'lat, I want to check out this place... Lets go
Notice (+2 for Scent, Hearing, or Sight... so will include a +2) for a General Investigation of the Town
  • Notice: 1d8!!+2!!: [4]+2 = 6
    Wild: 1d6!!+2!!: [3]+2 = 5
    Result: 6 - Success.
around.
Growler
Main Character: Tiny Tim
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Berk
Pace: 8 [12] (d8); Parry: 6 (8); Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 40 / 40
PP: 15 / 15

Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 2/3
Base Amount
-1 due Reroll on Navigation Roll
User avatar
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Jarvis gives a nod of thanks to the sheriff, making sure his faceplate is raised so the man can see his simian features. The Kittani knew his kind were not well liked, but he was betting on the fact that the town was used to mutant apes and the occasional Nym'brr gorilla man -- also not very well liked, but at least probably tolerated.

After the sheriff leaves, Jarvis turns to the group and says, "I can link us all telepathically if you would like, as a form of backup communication and if we feel there is a risk of our comms being monitored."

The kittani then busies himself by methodically removing, checking, and then carefully stowing his power armor in the Creeper. If any one had the patience to stick around, he asks them all to join hands as he
Mind Link with Telepathic Switchboard modifier 1d10!!: [1] = 1 1d6!!: [11!!] = 11 Riase 6 ISP spent
for a moment. Once the link is established, he projects a message to the group, ' There, the link is good for five clicks, which should be enough for this mud puddle of a town. I believe I will go for a drink, would anyone like to join me?"

Jarvis then wanders in search of the local saloon where he orders whatever passes for a local brew. He generously tips, and then makes an excuse that it's such a nice day and takes the beer outside where he leans on the hitching post, elbows resting on the rail and bottle dangling from his fingers.

To the casual observer the kittani appears to be enjoying the day lazily observing the town as it goes about its day. In reality, Jarvis
Object Reading with Deep Reading modifier 1d10!!: [8] = 8 1d6!!: [3] = 3 Raise 4 ISP spent
into the psychic impressions left on the post and begins to experience the point of view of the comings and goings of the saloon.

OOC Comments
I am looking for anything the CS might be interested in that would have come and gone from the saloon.
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
User avatar
Roy
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 5:49 am

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Roy »

Roy waits for @Jarvis Ursus patiently. With @Growler giving them the order to go alone he wanted to get permission first. Growler, if it is alright with you I would still like to ask a Farrie to scout the town for me. Some things here feel a little weird. He send through the network. Once permission is granted he summons the little guy linking his mind to its. "Something strange in this town. I need you to look around and let me know where are they getting all this Cyberware. And be subtle, I do not want anyone to know you are poking about."

Then activating his potent arcane sight Roy is surprised at so many people being willing to live with cybernetics sacrificing their arcane potential.
While they relax at the bar, Roy seems a little distracted as most of his awareness goes with the tiny fey being scouting.


Notice 4, Scouting Around town support roll 9 for a +2
Notice 1d6!! or 1d6!! if Arcane related he receives +4: [4]+[4] = 8


Mechanics
Bind The summoned + Elementalist + Mind Rider
Spellcasting to investigate 1d12!! or Wild 1d6!!: [8]+[9!!] = 17
User avatar
Chok'lat
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat's eyebrows (such that he has) perk up a little at the
Notice: 1d6!!+4: [2]+4 = 6
WD Notice: 1d6!!+4: [3]+4 = 7
, more in concern than excitement. Chok'lat hopes that ain't Cray Cray! Still, he says nothing about it that the sheriff would hear. He does share this concern with this mates via telepathy. Chok'lat's old boss Cray Cray is meanest and worst brodkil Chok'lat ever knew.
Having been given instructions to stay with @Growler, he ambles around town, doing his best to put a non-menacing smile on and waving at those who pass by. He joins @Jarvis Ursus when the opportunity arises to both drink and tip generously, even offering to buy rounds to the other patrons. All the while, he pays
CK: 1d4!!: [2] = 2
WD CK: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
to the cybernetic enhancements around town, hoping to determine their source.
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Toughness: 26 (14) MD
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Elan
Phillip

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Phillip »

OOC Comments
Networking 1d8!!+1 1d6!!+1: [5]+1+[9!!]+1 = 16
With Elilah's elven charms leading the way, Phillip pours on his own. He is polite yet clear and firm in his communications, speaking with a tone of authority.
User avatar
Freemage
Savage Senior
Posts: 1927
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Freemage »

Chok'lat, of course, can't go anywhere without being the subject of much curiosity, albeit of the 'let's watch the thing from the other side of the street' sort. A few braver souls actually speak to him, briefly, if addressed, one or two actually seem quite charmed by the idea of a 'reformed' Brodkil, though this typically leads to some fairly intense efforts to get him to come by a local religious group's gathering to say a few words. There are a small band of surly-looking men who keep their distance, but follow him, watching warily--they may be obeying the Sheriff's instructions not to mess with the sub-demon, but they clearly don't like it, and figure to be on-hand when, not if, Chok'lat starts ripping out throats. The Sheriff is also following, though perhaps a bit more discretely; whether he's keeping an eye on Chok'lat, the malcontents, or both, is anyone's guess.
Overall, this gives Chok'lat plenty of opportunities' to get at least quick looks at the cybernetics installed in the citizenry. One thing he knows for sure--this is NOT produced by a major manufacturer. Not to say it's bad stuff; it actually looks top-notch in terms of quality, and the installation is almost seamless (as an example, the Sheriff's arm-weapon is utterly invisible when retracted, without so much as a hint of there being flaps that would open to reveal the particle beam). Each piece also has a bunch of very intricate symbols etched into them. But yes, much of the actual use is weird; as noted before, many folks have one leg, or an arm without any sort of extra support to the spine, or just one eye.

Roy's fey fetch is able to report back some interesting tidbits as well. The town has only one small cyber-shop in town... sort of. Called "I Can Fix It!", according to the hand-painted sign outside, it seems to be entirely focused on repairs, not installs. And business is apparently more than he can really handle; his sign declares, 'If the problem is life-threatening, walk-ins allowed. Everyone else, make an appointment; currently at about 2 weeks out." The fetch also notices one other tidbit: the stylized markings on the cybernetics that Chok'lat noticed are actually glyphs used in the common script form of Faeriespeak and Dragonese--though the symbols seem to have no actual meaning, and are often mixed together between the two languages. The effect is aesthetically pleasing, but ranges from meaningless to bizarre to ironically humorous--a right arm marked with a Faeriespeak glyph that would translate as 'sinister'--but Faeriespeak doesn't even use it to mean 'left-handed' the way American does. Despite all this, there's no evidence of magical energies in the cybernetics themselves, or about the town, really.

Jarvis, hanging around the hitching post, is casually greeted by a fair number of folks, though a few do clearly know what he actually is, and duck inside while evading eye-contact. While he can go back to the day the post was first set up, nothing really interesting comes up until about a two months ago--that seems to be when the odd cybernetics first start showing up. And less than a month ago, conversation among travelers standing around outside start including references to Brodkil raids on the routes through the hills to the east of town. One of the conversations ends as the two men walk inside, one saying, "You know, I've had to evade Brodkil raiders before. Usually, at least some of 'em turn invisible to attack, but none of these did. And they all more chrome than you usually see on 'em...."

Growler's walk-through confirms elements of all of the above, of course, but he does notice one other curiosity. A number of residents have some sort of tear, rip or puncture on a pants-leg, somewhere along the calf or ankle. These are obviously recent, and simply haven't been repaired yet--though then again, even more have been fixed, either with a patch or stitchwork. While not everyone with cybernetics has pants with such damage, every person who is wearing damaged/repaired pants DOES have one of those strange pieces of Chrome.

Elihah and Phillip do a perfect job of set-and-spike while talking to the residents; Elihah smooths over any concern about the people who would travel in weird bug-truck with a demon, and then Phillip's charms are sufficient to bring the conversation around to something useful. Unsurprisingly, most of the gossip concerns the increased Brodkil activity in the area. Not only are they hitting travelers and transports, but apparently a couple of farms on the outskirts have been hit. The most recent, just a couple days ago, was at "Old Garmly's orchard, 'bout 5 miles east of here. Honestly, you folks look like you can handle trouble; folks here would be mighty 'preciative if you could do somethin' 'bout these raiders, if that's the sort of thing you do."
Discussions about the cybernetics are a bit less predictable. In pretty much every case, the person first just says they got an upgrade because it seemed like a good idea a the time--and interestingly enough, ALL of them use that word: "upgrade". When pressed for more details, however, such as where they got it, or specifically why they wanted the upgrade, they get evasive, giving vague generalities (a few do specifically mention an old injury or defect that the cybernetics fixed, but others don't recall any such thing, they just decided to get a hunk of glass and wires installed in their eye-socket one day. If pressed further, they attempt to change the topic, and if that doesn't work, they suddenly realize they have business elsewhere, and end the conversation abruptly.
This reaction is confusing to Elihah, but it does ring a bell for Phillip; he's seen victims of mind-melting before. Apparently, every last 'upgraded' person in town has had their memories surrounding that event wiped, or at least smudged enough to make it impossible for them to accurately recall.

Your team regroups at the inn, sharing details on what you've learned over a passable boar-and-apple stew. It is currently late in the day, the sun just setting. You have time to talk, and decide your next course of action.
Commentary
So, it's pretty clear that the signs are pointing to the east of town. The Brodkil, in particular, are definitely in that direction, and you even have a 'last known location' for them. The big question there is whether you head out right away to keep their lead as tight as possible, or if you want to rest up and approach the situation in the light of day.
The cyberware, obviously, is another matter entirely--you've got a whole lot of threads, but not enough to make a tapestry, just yet.
Still, if you've got some other brilliant idea, now might be the time to enact it!
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
.
Elihah
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:36 pm

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Elihah »

Elihah picks at the Boar and apple stew whilst they deliberate about the information they had found out.


"Is it me or is anybody else getting some weird vibes from this place? Nobody even tried to flirt with me, though the pickings aren't great here. They were somewhat evasive about those cybernetics and where did they get them installed?

Now, these Brodkil seem like they deserve our attention, but that's assuming they are as advertised and not actually like Chok'lat here."
User avatar
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Jarvis leans back in his chair and furrows his oversized simian brow.

"We are missing something. The townsfolk have more cyber than what is normal, not to mention what the local cyber doc can reasonably handle.
The brodkil in the area have 'more chrome than usual' as well. There is another player involved here, one that is likely well versed in bionic augmentation, if not alien tech on the order of Splugorth biowizardry.

Even stranger, they seem to be giving it out freely to whomever. Yet, based on the backlog the proprietor of 'I Can Fix It' has, it doesn't seem to be without problems. I say before we head out, one of us needs to have a 'life threatening' issue with their implants."


The kittani gives the barest hint of a smirk at his last statement.
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
User avatar
Roy
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 5:49 am

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Roy »

Roy thinks for a moment and then looks to the group. "Did anyone consider just asking the folks where the cyber comes from?" Realizing he failed the most basic step he simply walks over to one of the Cybered up townsfolk.

"Hey friend, where did you gets that cyber?" Waiting for the answer Roy thanks the kid for their response. When the answer falls flat Roy shrugs internally. Odds are good the others asked at some point. But Roy could not let it hang.

"This whole situation is a pisser. Everything we look at turns into whisps. I got nothin."
User avatar
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Growler »

"If we want to find the local Brodkil, I should be able to sniff them out easily enough starting from that orchid out to the east. What concerns me most is the people getting the cyber installed and then getting their brains wiped of where they got it done. Sounds like a Mind Melter to me, but why would a Mind Melter go out of their way to get people to get cyber installed... for free?!?"
Growler
Main Character: Tiny Tim
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Berk
Pace: 8 [12] (d8); Parry: 6 (8); Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 40 / 40
PP: 15 / 15

Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 2/3
Base Amount
-1 due Reroll on Navigation Roll
User avatar
Chok'lat
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat immediately gets
greedy - minor (obsession with cyber)
at @Jarvis Ursus' suggestion. "Chok'lat ain't lettin' nobody mess with his cyber! Chok'lat worked hard for it, killed and tortured a lot of people. That ain't good but Chok'lat's gotta do good with it to make it not so bad."
He scratches the back of his head and looks sheepishly at his friend Jarvis. "Chok'lat's sorry. Kinda blurted that out. Maybe Chok'lat can go fake a problem? But Chok'lat don't trust him with all this. Maybe Chok'lat can go beat the truth out of some brodkil instead?"
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Toughness: 26 (14) MD
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Elan
Elihah
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:36 pm

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Elihah »

Chok'lat wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:03 pm Chok'lat immediately gets
greedy - minor (obsession with cyber)
at @Jarvis Ursus' suggestion. "Chok'lat ain't lettin' nobody mess with his cyber! Chok'lat worked hard for it, killed and tortured a lot of people. That ain't good but Chok'lat's gotta do good with it to make it not so bad."
He scratches the back of his head and looks sheepishly at his friend Jarvis. "Chok'lat's sorry. Kinda blurted that out. Maybe Chok'lat can go fake a problem? But Chok'lat don't trust him with all this. Maybe Chok'lat can go beat the truth out of some brodkil instead?"
"Probably best if we don't make the poor overworked technician whose town is being menaced by Brodkil have to work on one. Put the poor guy at ease, attract with honey rather than the Brodkil equivalent. I have cybernetics, we can fake something on one of those and I am better at sweet talking than you I suspect Chok'lat."
User avatar
Chok'lat
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat shrugs and nods at @Elihah. "Right. Chok'lat still don't talk nice enough for how Chok'lat looks. Except that one time." He smiles as he remembers his original plea with the sheriff, but for the life of him, he cannot figure out how to make words come out the same way. He mutters to himself absentmindedly: "It's okay. Chok'lat's okay like this. Maybe one day Chok'lat get better at it."
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Toughness: 26 (14) MD
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Elan
User avatar
Freemage
Savage Senior
Posts: 1927
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Freemage »

Coming up with the plan to have Elihah fake a cybernetic malfunction quickly comes up with an issue--making it look good. The team quickly determines that they've got two choices:

Option 1: Fake a problem with the Vehicle Interface system (the CEP is too deeply embedded to be able to really do a proper job faking it--see the next option for that). This will require a Repair roll, which will be opposed by the proprietor's Repair. If he wins, you'll likely get tossed out of the shop for wasting his time. Success means you get to have a chat with him (details will follow the roll). Note: the repair job will cost about 9000 Credits--you're actually faking a Severe Problem, but then he gets in there and discovers 'it's not really so bad' and cuts the normal 40% price in half.

Option 2: Actually damage one of your cybernetic systems. This is technically easier to do. Of course, it also means I have to actually roll to fix the problem. Damaging your CEP enough to be considered "life threatening" would mean giving it a Serious Problem, costing 4400 Cr to fix (this can be done in a few hours). Alternately, you can actually give the VIS a Severe Problem, which would cost 18000 Cr and 1d6 days to fix. Note that he'll be rolling at a penalty for both of these options (-2 for the CEP, or -4 for the VIS).
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
.
User avatar
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Growler »

"There is no reason to damage your cyber or even fake it. Here is 20k credits. Give it to the technician and see if he can squeeze you in for preventative maintenance ASAP... that you saw a couple worrisome indications and that you are worried that it could quickly turn into something possibly life threatening. Tell him it is for a diagnostic and priority service... and that the extra credits can help get more parts for other much needed repairs for others."
Growler
Main Character: Tiny Tim
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Berk
Pace: 8 [12] (d8); Parry: 6 (8); Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 40 / 40
PP: 15 / 15

Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 2/3
Base Amount
-1 due Reroll on Navigation Roll
User avatar
Jarvis Ursus
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Jarvis Ursus »

Jarvis nods at Growler, "I concur, money talks. If we do need to actually have a problem, perhaps I can fake it psychically."

Looking at Chok'lat, "I understand, my friend. I wouldn't want anyone messing with my armor, either."

OOC Comments
I do have Telemechanics and Telekinesis, not sure how that would work, just suggesting we might be able to trick a diagnostic system into thinking there is a problem when there isn't
Jarvis Ursus
Jarvis, Kittani Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 18(d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 21 (9 M.D.C.)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Combat Ace, Uncanny Reflexes, JAPE Defender Power Armor (STS)
ISP: 10/20
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 3/3
User avatar
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Growler »

Going over to 'I Can Fix It', Growler waits until he can see someone working for the business.

"One of my guys thinks something feels off with his cyber. The diagnostics say it is OK, but it is always better to be safe, especially when we go out into combat regularly. I will
Persuasion: 1d4!!: [2] = 2
Wild: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Result: 5 - Success
you 20k credits, and you will bring him in right away and give it an in comprehensive system check... you can always use the extra credits to help others in need as you see fit."
Growler
Main Character: Tiny Tim
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Berk
Pace: 8 [12] (d8); Parry: 6 (8); Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 40 / 40
PP: 15 / 15

Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 2/3
Base Amount
-1 due Reroll on Navigation Roll
User avatar
Freemage
Savage Senior
Posts: 1927
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Freemage »

The cyber-doc smile accepts such a healthy premium with a smile, and gets to work. He does a number of diagnostics, working happily and with efficiency. He's adept enough at putting the CEP through its paces, even jacking in with his own to an intermediary terminal to double-check for viruses (so, to be clear, he's not jacking directly into your cyber--the terminal acts as an external firewall for you both).

It's then that the keen-eyed will spot that his CEP port has those now-familiar markings (translating as "Fish Cart", so not even ironically amusing this time). Casual conversation elicits some of the following:

"Oh, yeah, it's really busy here, of late. I should take on an apprentice, to tell you the truth."

"Hm? Oh, no, there's no unusual amount of breakage, exactly. Just that there's so many folks with cybernetics these days, when you're the only shop for miles around, normal wear-and-tear gives you ."

"My CEP? Oh, this upgrade's a big help with the jobs around here."

"Well, of course I had to have someone else do the upgrade. Tough to make all those connections to your own brain, hah!"

"Hm? Oh, not local, can't really remember the place, honest. Got the upgrade a couple months ago, while traveling to see my family, out east of here."

"Nah, it wasn't in their town. It was on the way back."

"Uh... let's see, was it Harveston? No, they ain't had a cyber-doc since Gerand died, what, four years ago? Maybe it was Fayette? No, that's not it either.... Huh, can't rightly recall, just now, sorry. Anyway, see my next appointment's just about to come in; yeah, no, your gear's in tip-top shape, maybe you just need to get some rest. And don't let yourself get dehydrated!"
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
.
Elihah
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:36 pm

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Elihah »

Coming out of the shop, having had his systems checked, he rubs the location where the connection port is.
"Well, that reinforced what we already knew." Elihah's tone was slightly exasperated as he didn't enjoy the checkups.


"Shall we go and deal with these Brod'kil and find out if they know more. Honestly, they probably couldn't know less."

"And while we are at it, could do with a co-pilot for the big gun."
User avatar
Chok'lat
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Re: Unfamiliar Troubles

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat nods at @Elihah. "Nobody here got brains that didn't get twisted around. Can't find brain scrambler here, we go find brodkil and scramble their brains until they tell us something."
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Toughness: 26 (14) MD
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Elan
Post Reply

Return to “7th SET Adventure Forum”