1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Adventures
Post Reply
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1229
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Pursuit »

Bands of refugees streaming from Minnesota to Refuge are encountering troubles as they pass through the frontier regions. Numerous threats exist on the plains, and the safest routes pass through the Comanche Preserve. These territorial Native Americans do not want a stream of settlers on their lands again, and politely but firmly push refugees away.

Your group has been hastily assembled and dispatched to Fort Comanche to foster good relations and broker safe passage for refugees escorted by the Tomorrow Legion. Castle Refuge has teamed you up with the legendary Erin Tarn, the beloved rogue scholar, and her cyber-knight guardian, Sir Winslow Thorpe—himself a member of the Comanche Preserve—who are heading in the same direction (though their path leads all the way to Tryth-Sal).

Your first evening on the trail passes without any incidents of note, and you find yourselves with some quiet time as you set up camp.

WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE, ANYWAY?

Roll a d4 (1=spades, 2=hearts, 3=diamonds, and 4=clubs) and, using the interlude rules on page 130 of SWADE, write a paragraph of two telling the group a tale of your character's Backstory, told in your character's own voice to the group.

Upon completion of your story, you may take a Benny.

You may also ask questions of your famous traveling companions.
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 6/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
User avatar
Eibhlin
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:31 am

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Eibhlin »

Interlude 1d4!!: [1] = 1
User avatar
Eibhlin
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:31 am

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Eibhlin »

"I hate slavers, you understand? I imagine that comes as no surprise to anyone here and I doubt it is a sentiment we don't all share. But I suppose what I mean to say is that I loathe them with a passion that is hard to explain. I, and my people on my mother's side, have been hunted by slavers for time beyond counting. So I take it a bit...personally"

I found this village and it was looking rough. Recent signs of weapon fire and bloodshed. It had definitely seen better days. I saw no one, no one living at least, but the tracks out of town were pretty hard to miss. With nothing else to do, I followed.

It wasn't long till I came up on their camp. I approached cautiously because I didn't want to give away the game before I was on them. But as I arrived, it wasn't Sunaj warriors or Splugorth minions, no, nothing so...exotic. It was just a group of men. Armed well, to be sure, but just...guys.

That made it so much worse.

The villagers were tied up and had been treated poorly, but these assholes, they were undisciplined. Barely any watch set to protect their camp. It was like they were inviting me to come in.

So I did.

The first two died before they knew I was there. When the others realized they were under attack, it was too late. Gunfire and lazers sought me out, but other than a nasty burn or two, I barely felt them.

When only one remained, he was aiming his gun at the hostages, threatening me that if I came any closer, he would end them. I just looked at my spear and I wondered why he thought I needed to get closer to him to kill him.

Afterward, the villagers thanked me profusely, practically worshipping me. I may not be fully divine, but I felt...something in that moment and I wasn't entirely sure how to feel. We went back to their village. The survivors kept the slaver's gear so the next group would have a harder time of it.

I'm glad I was there at the time. It doesn't bare contemplating what would have happened to those people if I hadn't been."
User avatar
Keokuk
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:40 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Keokuk »

OOC Comments
Interlude 1d4: [3] = 3 : Backstory: Something your hero wants or
already has. It might be a material possession,
recognition, a political goal, or even a trip he
wishes to take to some amazing destination.
As they sit around the campfire, the old Native American looks wistful. "You know, I've only been a shaman for..." he pauses, doing some obvious mental calculation, before continuing. "Four-and-a-half weeks now. Before then, I was just a trucker. Short hauls between settlements; supply runs for the communities. The odd passenger run, tho' White Buffalo, here-- He points to the hovertruck, for emphasis. "--ain't really built for 'em. Some folks're just desperate enough for a lift. And the occasional smuggling run, too, if I'm being honest. I've got a knack for avoiding trouble on the road, especially of the bandit and monster variety, and that has made me a long-lived traveler. And I have, well, kind of the silly dream old men get when they are looking to make their mark on the world before it's too late."

He smiles and pauses to sip his coffee. "Several years ago, I'd learned about this old road. Not Golden Age, but actually before then. Ran from Old Chicago south and west, all the way past the Rockies into the west coast of this continent. The people of that era called it Route 66, and it had something of a non-religious pilgrimage vibe to it. People'd drive it just to say they did, even when parts of the road didn't officially exist any more. Seems to me that for an old trucker like myself, well, that sounds like a good way to finish out. So I've been picking up whatever lore I could about it, trying to get the exact route."

He frowns, then. "Unfortunately, Spider Woman had other plans. And when a spirit-spider shows up, bites you, and then wraps you in silk while you go through what may be the most painful spirit-initiation imaginable to bring you up to speed, all because she says you 'have been chosen', well... It's not really a good idea to tell a spirit like that that you've got a trip to make, first. So, here I am, old, decrepit and suddenly on a quest to drive off all the things that shouldn't be here. Funniest part is, I now got enough personal knowledge of the world that was, that I know the exact path of Route 66. I just need to complete whatever Spider's got in mind for me, first."
User avatar
Naabaahii
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:59 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Naabaahii »

d4: [1] = 1 Backstory: A great victory or personal triumph.
Language (English): d6!: [4] = 4 d6!: [6!, 5] = 11

I am Naabaahii. I come from the North. I have been asked to be a guide for this operation of the Tomorrow Legion. My people have lived on this land for many generations. For over 1,000 cycles we lived in secret secluded caves, only coming out to hunt and forage. Humans felt the need to hunt us and we are mostly peaceful people only engaging in battle to protect ourselves or others. After the Great Rips occurred and creatures passed through, we faced a new threat, but also gained new allies. Since that time we have lived in peace in accordance to our shared culture.

In our culture some are Tsohanoai to be protectors. We are gifted with abilities to summon weapons of great power to be used to protect our people. When I was set on a vision quest, I was told by Tsohanoai himself, that I was chosen to be such a protector and that one day i would be called to protect a larger tribe. When my people heard of the refugee crisis, we reached out of the Legion to offer our assistance. That is when I was recruited to help with this effort. I am paying they will see reason, but I also understand their hesitance. All of our peoples' histories with the governments of these lands, make it difficult to trust anyone. But none of that is the fault of these refugees. And the bad behavior of any group of people does not justify indifference and callousness towards those in need by another people.
Last edited by Naabaahii on Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Naabaahii
Wounds: 3/3
ISP: 10/10
Bennies: 2/3
Parry: 7
Toughness: 19 (6)

Ak'is
Wounds: 3/3
Parry: 4
Toughness: 10

Dzeel
Wounds: 3/3
Parry: 6
Toughness: 11
User avatar
The Cheetah
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:35 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by The Cheetah »

OOC Comments
Interlude 1d4: [4] = 4 . A tale of misfortune from your hero’s past, perhaps revealing something of his Hindrances or a dark secret.
"Wow, I'm feeling even more outclassed than I did before," Billy comments after hearing the stories from some of his new colleagues. "I mean, next to a Chosen One, a Spider shaman and an actual demigod, I'm pretty much small potatoes. Just some technician who's been in over his head for the past few months."

He's a young looking man, younger than his actual age. Whether it's by a few years or a few centuries would be a matter of perspective once they hear his tale. When the Knights of The Rose dropped Billy off at Castle Refuge they were kind enough to keep knowledge of his abilities and alter ego to themselves, just telling the relevant people he's someone who needs help and might be useful. All his Tomorrow Legion colleagues knew about him was that he's from somewhere else and could do an adequate job when it came to repairing and maintaining technology. This would be his first time sharing anything about his background. He would have to thread the needle, telling as much of the truth as necessary without giving any clues to his heroic identity. A big risk, but not as big as remaining silent on this occasion. That would be a red flag that he has some kind of huge secret.

"It's funny you mentioned the Golden Age, because that's when I'm from," he says as he glances at Keokuk. "Or maybe a little bit before. Is 2040 too early for the Golden Age? In any case I've heard of Route 66 but it's before my time, like by a century I guess."

He takes a sip of his coffee and then continues.

"Thing is, I don't know if I'm an actual time traveler or just a DB," Billy continues. "This could be my future. I recognize some of what I've read and heard about this world's past. But then there's a lot I don't because it's after my time. And there are some things that I know happened in my time that I have yet to confirm to be part of history here. So I have no idea if I've been transported forward or just sideways."

He sighs and stares into the fire, as if looking through it into his past.

"That's sort of why I asked to be part of this mission. I figure I have a better chance of finding intact records and artifacts from my time in the West because it's less populated and developed, plus not as close to the Coalition and their habit of censoring history. I'm hoping to discover an answer, whatever it is. If it turns out that I've just gone sideways, it would be great. It would mean I could potentially find a way home without endangering the space-time continuum. But even if I discover that I truly am in my future, I would at least have some closure. I could move on and accept the rest of my life will be here. It's the ambiguity that's the frustrating thing about my circumstances."

He looks up.

"Anyway, that's why I asked to be here. Hopefully I'll be useful enough handling maintenance and repair issues to be a worthwhile member of this team despite just being an ordinary guy."
Last edited by The Cheetah on Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Billy Thomas, aka The Cheetah

Billy Thomas, aka The Cheetah

Bennies: 4/3 Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue: 0/3 Conviction: 0

Parry: 7 Penalty Against Attacks: -6 Penalty Against Ranged Attacks: -8 Toughness: 12 (5) [As The Cheetah 15 (7)]
User avatar
Dak-Viisi
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:46 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Dak-Viisi »

OOC Comments
1d4: [2] = 2
"...and so it has been many moon-cycles since I have laid my eyes on her. The four winds have not seen fit to lead me to her, or to guide her back to me. But there is always hope on the horizon, is there not?"[/b]

The atrocity of war ravaged the region they called "Tolkeen" like he had never seen or even heard tales of, such was the violence and barbarism. Forces were employed on both sides that never should be used against a sentient being. The sky knights of the Lyn-Srial saw the fires burn and the missiles explode and the magic wrench forth forces not meant for this reality to wreak havoc on soldiers with a heart and a soul, whatever flesh it may have been wrapped in. From this utter chaos streamed those who simply wanted to live and meant ill towards no one.
"Of course we helped. There were children. Families. They wanted no part of the machinations of their 'leaders.' They posed no threat to anyone. They wanted only to live in peace. So we swooped from the sky to guide as many as we could to anywhere they could find what passes for safety in this world." A wistful look crosses his strange, beaked face, his eyes catch a distant sight in a memory. "My love, my wingmate, Bai-Thanii, led a flock of refugees into the west. We were forced to separate due to these dead-obsessed Coalition soldiers' attacks. I had hoped to draw most of them to me to shield her and her group...but there were so many."
He shakes his head, dislodging the memory and moving on. "So it was that I found myself with dozens of people of various races outside the walls of Castle Refuge. I remained there to aid with the wounded and the traumatized, always hoping the wind would speak of her whereabouts. Even high aloft, I have heard nothing of her. So it was that when volunteers were sought to head into the West, my heart took flight. I know not what has separated us, but the winds of fate have declared it is time for me to seek her out."
He looks at the other faces across the fire. "So here I, Dak-Viisi, find myself, in good company, seeking to do right along our path. And perhaps she will be where the wind takes me."
Dak-Viisi
Dak-Viisi
Pace: 6; Flying Pace: 12; Parry: 6
Toughness: 14 (6)
Pertinent Edges: Alertness, Brave, Elan, Healer, Iron Will, Linguist, Master of Magic, Strong Willed
Current Status Post
User avatar
Eibhlin
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:31 am

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Eibhlin »

Keokuk wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:32 pm
OOC Comments
Interlude 1d4: [3] = 3 : Backstory: Something your hero wants or
already has. It might be a material possession,
recognition, a political goal, or even a trip he
wishes to take to some amazing destination.
As they sit around the campfire, the old Native American looks wistful...
Eibhlin looks wistful as the man talks about the old days. When he finishes his tale, she smiles and nods to him. "I've been back and forth to earth from Tir-Na-Nog many times, throughout many ages, and I have some vague memories of the old roads. If we finish this mission and have nothing else we need to do, I wouldn't mind traveling that road with you. Assuming you'd have me, of course."
User avatar
Eibhlin
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:31 am

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Eibhlin »

The Cheetah wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:09 pm "Wow, I'm feeling even more outclassed than I did before," Billy comments after hearing the stories from some of his new colleagues...
Eibhlin leans over and grips Billy's shoulder. "Fear not! It is not the power you bring that will aid in completing our mission, but the courage of your heart! That is what is important here."
User avatar
The Cheetah
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:35 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by The Cheetah »

Eibhlin wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:01 am
The Cheetah wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:09 pm "Wow, I'm feeling even more outclassed than I did before," Billy comments after hearing the stories from some of his new colleagues...
Eibhlin leans over and grips Billy's shoulder. "Fear not! It is not the power you bring that will aid in completing our mission, but the courage of your heart! That is what is important here."
"Thanks," Billy replies when the statuesque demigod reassures him. He almost feels bad about hiding his true level of power from her. But he has to maintain his secret identity. After all, if this is his Earth he'll have to make a life here long term. And with the likes of the Coalition, Splugorth and who knows what else out there, if he didn't have a secret identity that would be infinitely more difficult. Still, he doesn't want his companions too focused on defending him if the group gets into a fight. "Didn't mean to give the impression I'm totally helpless though. I'm a pretty good shot and can handle myself in a fight. I won't be the load."
Billy Thomas, aka The Cheetah

Billy Thomas, aka The Cheetah

Bennies: 4/3 Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue: 0/3 Conviction: 0

Parry: 7 Penalty Against Attacks: -6 Penalty Against Ranged Attacks: -8 Toughness: 12 (5) [As The Cheetah 15 (7)]
User avatar
John Reid
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:10 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by John Reid »

1d4: [1] = 1


"I wouldn't know anything about demigods or time travel. I'm just a guy who's good with a gun. My first time out was workin security for a relic mining op out of the Baronies. Everything was goin pretty well till bunch of greedy shits decide to try and horn in on our dig by dropping a tunnel on us. On the upside they ended up borking it up royally and things went pear shaped for em pretty fast so they had high tail it out there like a cat with its tail on fire and emptyhanded to boot. On the down side I was in that damned tunnel and the collapse did its best to turn me to paste."

John pauses a minute picking up a small stone, tossing it in the air a few times before whipping it at a small lizard that wandered into the light of the fire sending it surrying.

"Well, the only reason I'm still around walkin and talkin to you folk is that the blast that caused the cave in actually uncovered the relic trove we had been a lookin for. So they scraped was was left of me up and hauled ass back to civilization with our loot. My share covered gettin me put back together better than ever is what they tell me though it's still weird having a couple extra arms. Once I was out of recovery I hunted every one of those varmints down that was responsible for my "accident" burned an extra hole right between their thievin eyes and left em for buzzard food. After that I decided to get a fresh start and headed east after hearin about these Legion folk. So naturally as soon as I sign up they turn my ass around and send me back out here."
Last edited by John Reid on Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't Panic"

John Reid
Player: Jim
Active Alts: Sparkmort Zipwidget, Vixa
User avatar
Dak-Viisi
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:46 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Dak-Viisi »

Dak smiles at @Eibhlin's encouragement of the mechanic, @The Cheetah. "Indeed! Strength of heart will win out against the strong arm; the darts of the enemy shall be scattered by the mighty winds and we shall see victory in the end!"
Craning his neck towards @Keokuk, he offers some insight. "Route 66. Denoted by the two loops?" He draws a finger in the air, forming two 6s. "I have seen elements of this in the far west. I would be willing to help along the path, perhaps beside my mate, or even to find her if she is clouded from me still."
Dak-Viisi
Dak-Viisi
Pace: 6; Flying Pace: 12; Parry: 6
Toughness: 14 (6)
Pertinent Edges: Alertness, Brave, Elan, Healer, Iron Will, Linguist, Master of Magic, Strong Willed
Current Status Post
User avatar
Keokuk
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:40 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Keokuk »

Eibhlin wrote:
Eibhlin looks wistful as the man talks about the old days. When he finishes his tale, she smiles and nods to him. "I've been back and forth to earth from Tir-Na-Nog many times, throughout many ages, and I have some vague memories of the old roads. If we finish this mission and have nothing else we need to do, I wouldn't mind traveling that road with you. Assuming you'd have me, of course."
He cracks a grin at her, and raises his coffee mug in salute. "Assuming we are both still here to make the trip, I would welcome your company."
Naabaahii wrote:
I am Naabaahii. I come from the North. I have been asked to be a guide for this operation of the Tomorrow Legion. My people have lived on this land for many generations. For over 1,000 cycles we lived in secret secluded caves, only coming out to hunt and forage. Humans felt the need to hunt us and we are mostly peaceful people only engaging in battle to protect ourselves or others....

I I am paying they will see reason, but I also understand their hesitance. All of our peoples' histories with the governments of these lands, make it difficult to trust anyone. But none of that is the fault of these refugees. And the bad behavior of any group of people does not justify indifference and callousness towards those in need by another people.
Keokuk's expression takes on a more melancholy tone as he addresses the Sasquatch. "You were not entirely hidden, of course; our people knew of yours long before the first waves of white men came to this land. But we knew to respect your desire for seclusion and privacy; when we did seek you out, it was only to ask for your wisdom. I am glad you are with us, for it is clear you still carry that wisdom even now."
The Cheetah wrote:
"Wow, I'm feeling even more outclassed than I did before," Billy comments after hearing the stories from some of his new colleagues. "I mean, next to a Chosen One, a Spider shaman and an actual demigod, I'm pretty much small potatoes. Just some technician who's been in over his head for the past few months."

...

"It's funny you mentioned the Golden Age, because that's when I'm from," he says as he glances at Keokuk. "Or maybe a little bit before. Is 2040 too early for the Golden Age? In any case I've heard of Route 66 but it's before my time, like by a century I guess."

...

"It's the ambiguity that's the frustrating thing about my circumstances."

He looks up.

"Anyway, that's why I asked to be here. Hopefully I'll be useful enough handling maintenance and repair issues to be a worthwhile member of this team despite just being an ordinary guy."

Still, he doesn't want his companions too focused on defending him if the group gets into a fight. "Didn't mean to give the impression I'm totally helpless though. I'm a pretty good shot and can handle myself in a fight. I won't be the load."
"If you can help keep White Buffalo soaring over the plains, that alone will be the price of admission. And if you're a good shot, well, then, there's a reason the spot next to the driver is called the 'shotgun seat'."

Detect Supernatural Being as a Notice roll. Notice 1d8!!+2: [3]+2 = 5 Wild Notice 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
The old man's eyes twinkle in the firelight as he sips his coffee. His face remains serene as he thinks to himself. Just a mechanic my left cheek. Not sure exactly what you are, Billy Boy, but but 'mundane human' ain't it. But no reason to poke around, either. If it becomes important, then we'll have that conversation.... Aloud, he continues. "And if you want to compare notes about your world and what the spirits have taught me about the past of this one, we can see if we can spot any discrepancies."
Dak-Viisi wrote:"I would be willing to help along the path, perhaps beside my mate, or even to find her if she is clouded from me still."
He sobers again at Dak-Viisi's tale of loss, but nods as the avian humanoid mentions the old symbols of the Route. "Yes, that's the one. I am no diviner, sadly, at least not yet; but if Spider ever teaches me that gift, I may be able to assist you more directly in your search. In the meantime, of course, we shall all do so, I think, as best we are able, and be glad of your company in the meantime."
User avatar
Dak-Viisi
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:46 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Dak-Viisi »

Dak winces a little bit as @John Reid talks about vengeance and burning extra holes in people, but he's also well aware of the concept of justice. He smiles a little as the augmented man talks about four arms. Dak waves all four hands back at him. "It's not so bad!" He laughs, sounding a little like a bird's cackle.
Dak-Viisi
Dak-Viisi
Pace: 6; Flying Pace: 12; Parry: 6
Toughness: 14 (6)
Pertinent Edges: Alertness, Brave, Elan, Healer, Iron Will, Linguist, Master of Magic, Strong Willed
Current Status Post
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1229
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Pursuit »

Sir Thorpe joins your fire and speaks up.

”It has been a long time since I have rode the open Plains. Yet, they are where I feel most at home.

My tribe guards the Crystal Cliffs, one of our great spiritual sites. When I was young I ascended the cliffs and stayed up there for many days. One night I had a vision, I was riding north across the plains and came across a lost and lonely traveller and felt a great call to protect her at all costs. The next day I left my tribe and began riding north helping all I could along the way, yet did not feel satisfied. I joined the Cyber-Knight Order so I could ride across the plains looking for the one to protect.”


Giving a very slight smile, Winslow looks at Erin Tarn before continuing.

“When Lord Coake asked if I would accompany a woman as she travelled across the world I immediately said yes and have been protecting her ever since. I cannot imagine things any other way.”

For her part, Erin Tarn lays a hand on Sir. Thorpe's shoulder. "You old softie," she says to her protector.

She, too, sits by the fire, and in between bites of some kind of nutrition bar, tells you all, "When I last passed these parts there was nothing but the Comanche Preserve and a few small towns in eastern Kansas. But now, this area has been touched by the war in Tolkeen. Refugees seek safety, the Simvan press down from the north, driven from their lands following the war, and the Coalition casts its long shadow in this direction. I fear another war."

She locks eyes with @Dak-Viisi as she continues, "I know the Comanche will defend their land to the last. Tolkeen was horrible, but this would be a kind of existential fight like the Coalition hasn't seen. The last thing Kansas needs right now is more blood."

After that somber note, conversation begins to peter out, and your bedrolls call to you. Following a night of sleep out under the open stars, you awake to another day of travel ahead of you.

JOURNEY

It's time to journey across the plains! We will be using the Journey rules found on p.17 of the Tomorrow Legion Field Manual (not to be confused with the Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide, which is a similarly named but very different book entirely).

I will need each player to roll for only one of the following.

ALL ROLLS ARE MADE AT -2 TO REFLECT THE HORROR FACTOR OF TRAVELING ACROSS THE PLAINS IN RIFTS EARTH:
  • Navigator: Make a Survival roll to see if you are going the right direction.
  • Lookout: Make a Notice roll to keep an eye out for trouble.
  • Pilot: Anyone who is driving must choose this option and make a Driving or Piloting check (as applicable) for your vehicle.
  • Scout: Unlike Navigator, Lookout, and Pilot, the role of Scout is optional. Anyone who wishes may make a Stealth check to range ahead and look for hazards or other trouble.
Anyone who wishes to do so (and who does not otherwise roll for one of the four roles above) may make a Support roll to help anyone else with their task.

Let's ride, Legionnaires!
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 6/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
User avatar
Keokuk
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:40 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Keokuk »

Pilot Success
Piloting d8; -2 Horror factor cancelled by Ace; Handling +1.
Piloting 1d8!!+1: [3]+1 = 4
Wild Piloting 1d6!!+1: [5]+1 = 6
Success!
Keokuk and White Buffalo have little trouble navigating the plains; the hover-truck is pretty much perfectly suited for the vast, flat expanses, and the old man has been through this territory too often to be spooked by the vastness. As he drives, he hits a switch and suddenly the speakers in his rig come to life, blasting music out of the window.
User avatar
Eibhlin
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:31 am

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Eibhlin »

Stealth Success
Stealth d8, -2 Horror Factor
Stealth 1d8!!-2: [7]-2 = 5
Wild Stealth 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Success!
Eibhlin rides ahead of the team, using her decades of hunting and tracking to move unseen among the sparse vegetation and rocky terrain.
Last edited by Eibhlin on Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Naabaahii
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:59 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Naabaahii »

Riding at -2
Riding d6!-2: [5]-2 = 3 , Wild d6!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Benny Re-Roll (Elan +2)
Riding d6!: [5] = 5 , Wild d6!: [1] = 1


Naabaahii, sits atop his faithful companion Ak'is, keeping pace with the team. Dzeel follows close behind. As they travel he will ask for occasional breaks to feed and water both of them.
Naabaahii
Wounds: 3/3
ISP: 10/10
Bennies: 2/3
Parry: 7
Toughness: 19 (6)

Ak'is
Wounds: 3/3
Parry: 4
Toughness: 10

Dzeel
Wounds: 3/3
Parry: 6
Toughness: 11
User avatar
The Cheetah
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:35 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by The Cheetah »

OOC Comments
Survival roll 1d4!: [3] = 3
Survival Wild Die roll 1d6!: [6!, 3] = 9
+2 from Concentration cancels out the -2 from Horror Factor. +1 from Compass/inertial mapper in NG-S2 Survival Pack makes final result 10. Success and a Raise. In light of such good results I'll quite while I'm ahead and not use the free reroll.
As he rides along in White Buffalo, Billy concentrates fully on making sure they stay on course, consulting the inertial mapper that came with his survival pack. Thanks to his accelerated mental speed he's able to double check and triple check his findings quickly to make sure they're as accurate as possible.
Last edited by The Cheetah on Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billy Thomas, aka The Cheetah

Billy Thomas, aka The Cheetah

Bennies: 4/3 Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue: 0/3 Conviction: 0

Parry: 7 Penalty Against Attacks: -6 Penalty Against Ranged Attacks: -8 Toughness: 12 (5) [As The Cheetah 15 (7)]
User avatar
Dak-Viisi
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:46 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Dak-Viisi »

Dak-Viisi takes advantage of his wings and spends much of his travel time aloft, his keen vision cutting through the eerie dark and the shining sun alike. He is able to guide the hovertruck

Notice: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
WD Notice: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
that may waylay their path.
Dak-Viisi
Dak-Viisi
Pace: 6; Flying Pace: 12; Parry: 6
Toughness: 14 (6)
Pertinent Edges: Alertness, Brave, Elan, Healer, Iron Will, Linguist, Master of Magic, Strong Willed
Current Status Post
User avatar
John Reid
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:10 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by John Reid »


Electronics -2 for Horror, +2 from Core Electronics Package
Electronics 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Wild Die 1d6!!: [4] = 4

Spending a Benny to reroll
1d6!!: [3] = 3
1d6!!: [1] = 1


John tries to make himself useful by manning the sensor array in the big rig but his skills in this area are fairly rudimentary. Still, he manages to provide some assistance to Dak over the radio keeping a lookout on their route.
"Don't Panic"

John Reid
Player: Jim
Active Alts: Sparkmort Zipwidget, Vixa
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1229
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Pursuit »

The team makes incredible progress on the second day of the journey. Despite being practically thrown together by the Tomorrow Legion, you operate like a well-oiled machine.

At one point, you think you spot a passing flight of SAMAS armor far, far off in the distance, but you have time to get low, get still, and shut down your electronics before you are spotted. You spend a tense ten minutes or so making sure they really are gone, but then you progress without issue.

For their part, Erin Tarn and Sir Thorpe keep pace without issue in what looks to be just a normal Big Boss ATV. You would have thought a couple of legends might travel in more style.

As the day bleeds into the afternoon, you notice a dirt cloud kicked up on the horizon and the ground begins to tremble, and not just because of the majestic White Buffalo. Thanks to your eyes in the sky, it is not long before you spot a herd of agitated rhino-buffalo, and they are thundering your way!

Quick, describe what your character does to try and get past these massive creatures safely! We'll make this a Quick Encounter, and you may use any skill you deem appropriate. Rhino-Buffalo are not to be trifled with, so this is a dangerous encounter! But, fortunately for you, the team absolutely knocked their journey rolls out of the park, so no one takes a penalty on this encounter.

For anyone who needs a refresher on Quick Encounters, see SWADE p.134.

Good luck, and don't get squished!
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 6/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
User avatar
Keokuk
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:40 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Keokuk »

OOC Comments
Piloting
Piloting 1d8!!+1: [14!!]+1 = 15
Wild Pilot 1d6!!+1: [9!!]+1 = 10
Double-Raise! No damage.
There's not much that Keokuk hasn't seen on his travels, and a herd of stampeding Rhino-Buffalo is nothing new at all. The great beasts are, of course, dangerous and powerful, but as a general rule, they don't jump a hundred feet in the air. White Buffalo, on the other hand, does, and can stay there almost indefinitely. He doesn't even slow the massive hovertruck; just kicks in the engine, and spends the entire stampede high and safe above the teeming wave of muscle and sinew. Sure, the 'ground' underneath the truck is a moving and uneven terrain, but he's taken White Buffalo over rapids before, and really, it's about the same thing.
User avatar
Eibhlin
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:31 am

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Eibhlin »

OOC Comments
Stealth
Stealth 1d8!!: [4] = 4
Wild Die 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Eibhlin is far more used to facing foes than getting caught in a wave of deadly nature, so she opts to use her hunting skills to avoid the mass of beasts. She rides hard and fast, sticking to gulleys and rocky outcroppings to avoid the beasts. Between the hard riding and rough terrain, she ends up battered and a bit worse for ware, but luckily with no significant injuries.

(She takes Bumps and Bruises. Now, based on the description, that someone with Healing could fix this level of Fatigue, is it reasonable for her super-fast regen to also heal it? I know technically it is a different mechanic, but it seems weird she could heal back from having her arm blown off in a round or two, but needs bandages in this situation.)

Bennies 5 of 4 | Wounds 0 of 3 | Fatigue 1 of 2
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1229
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Pursuit »

Eibhlin wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:19 am

(She takes Bumps and Bruises. Now, based on the description, that someone with Healing could fix this level of Fatigue, is it reasonable for her super-fast regen to also heal it? I know technically it is a different mechanic, but it seems weird she could heal back from having her arm blown off in a round or two, but needs bandages in this situation.)
I think fast regen would take care of bumps and bruises.
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 6/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1229
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Pursuit »

Keokuk wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:13 pm
There's not much that Keokuk hasn't seen on his travels, and a herd of stampeding Rhino-Buffalo is nothing new at all. The great beasts are, of course, dangerous and powerful, but as a general rule, they don't jump a hundred feet in the air. White Buffalo, on the other hand, does, and can stay there almost indefinitely. He doesn't even slow the massive hovertruck; just kicks in the engine, and spends the entire stampede high and safe above the teeming wave of muscle and sinew. Sure, the 'ground' underneath the truck is a moving and uneven terrain, but he's taken White Buffalo over rapids before, and really, it's about the same thing.
This is great and made me smile to read. Please take a Benny.
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 6/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
User avatar
Dak-Viisi
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:46 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Dak-Viisi »

The concerns of the earthbound are of no meaning for Dak-Viisi, save that someone else might be caught in the stampede. So rather than wade into the mass of rhino-buffaloes, he opts to
Athletics: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
WD Athletics: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Elan Athletics: 1d6!!+2: [11!!]+2 = 13
WD Elan Athletics: 1d6!!+2: [11!!]+2 = 13
, hoping to distract and herd them away from those who walk or drive on the ground. At no point is the cloudweaver in danger from such a threat.
Dak-Viisi
Dak-Viisi
Pace: 6; Flying Pace: 12; Parry: 6
Toughness: 14 (6)
Pertinent Edges: Alertness, Brave, Elan, Healer, Iron Will, Linguist, Master of Magic, Strong Willed
Current Status Post
User avatar
John Reid
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:10 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by John Reid »


Electronics 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Wild Card 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4

Spend a bennie on reroll
1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
1d6!!+2: [11!!]+2 = 13


As a passenger in the White Buffalo John is momentarily at a loss but then he quickly plugs himself into the hovertruck's electronics suite and quickly reprograms the external speakers/horn to emit a high pitch frequency to drive the buffalo away from any of the ground based group members.

John winces as the sound hits his boosted hearing but he has enough protection that it wasn't going to do him any harm and no one else should be able to hear it except that herd down there. He nods in satisfaction as the thundering herd parts and flows around the island of sound being generated.

On the radio he lets the rest know what's up. "Those of you on the ground stay in line with the White Buffalo and y'all shouldn't have TOO much trouble."
"Don't Panic"

John Reid
Player: Jim
Active Alts: Sparkmort Zipwidget, Vixa
User avatar
The Cheetah
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:35 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by The Cheetah »


Shooting 1d6!: [2] = 2
Shooting Wild Die 1d6!: [6!, 4] = 10
+2 from Wilks and +2 from Concentration makes this 14.


Leaning out the window of White Buffalo, Billy sees John’s gambit to repel the stampede is mostly working. He does, however, spot a few stray members of the herd erratically moving on a course that might still cause problems for his teammates below.

Taking his pistol, he fires a shot at the beast leading the strays. He isn’t trying to kill it or even injure it in any way. Instead he shoots to sting, using his blast like a ranged cattle prod to encourage the animal to adjust its course and that of its fellows so it no longer intersects with anyone on the ground.
Billy Thomas, aka The Cheetah

Billy Thomas, aka The Cheetah

Bennies: 4/3 Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue: 0/3 Conviction: 0

Parry: 7 Penalty Against Attacks: -6 Penalty Against Ranged Attacks: -8 Toughness: 12 (5) [As The Cheetah 15 (7)]
User avatar
Naabaahii
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:59 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Naabaahii »

Naabaahii stop A’kis makes a b-line toward the massive creatures. He stops within 50 yards. He says (in Navajo) “Dzeel you must frighten them away.” Dzeel’s massive muscular and lumbering form walks forward. He stands at full height as his roar echoes through the area. Naabaahii stands next to him axes drawn with a deafening roar of his own.

Dzeel support for Naabaahii’s intimidation: d10!!: [4] = 4 +1
Naabaahii Intimidation: d4!!+1: [1]+1 = 2 Wild: d6+1: [1]+1 = 2
Naabaahii
Wounds: 3/3
ISP: 10/10
Bennies: 2/3
Parry: 7
Toughness: 19 (6)

Ak'is
Wounds: 3/3
Parry: 4
Toughness: 10

Dzeel
Wounds: 3/3
Parry: 6
Toughness: 11
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1229
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Pursuit »

LIKE I WAS JUST RUN OVER BY A HERD OF BUFFALO

The group emerges from the stampede without serious damage. Eibhlin got a little beat up, but nothing too serious, and her healing factor should take care of that pretty quickly. Well, all's well that ends well, and the party...

Wait.

The dust of the herd's passing clears, and you notice Naabaahii. The great Sasquatch is
He took 2 wounds (rolled 1d4)
and bleeding, down on one knee. He had met the irresistible force of the stampede head on and had been moved. Fortunately, A'ki and Dzeel managed to get out of the way (A'ki got swept up in the running of the herd for a bit, but turned back once she realized her rider had been left behind).

As you rush to Naabaahii's side, you notice that Naabaahii is not the only one injured in the field. Or, rather, he is not the only thing injured.

Perhaps 100 yards away, trampled to near-un-recognizability, is the beaten and battered husk of something large and mechanical.

Anyone may choose to roll Academics, Repair, or Science at no penalty or Common Knowledge or Driving at a -2 penalty to identify the remains of the machine.
If you make your check, click this tag
These are the remnants of a Coalition States Mark V transport. How long it has been here is anybody's guess, but the recent stampede certainly did not improve its condition.[/b]
In addition, anyone who wishes may make a Repair roll (Support is allowed as normal) at -2 in order to gather salvage from the wreck.
Success
You find 2 (rolled 1d4) packets of useful parts suitable to repair a Wound or correct a Critical Failure on the White Buffalo (or another vehicle) down the line.
Raise
You also find an in-tact dual-linked anti-personnel laser turret! This can be attached to the White Buffalo with 4 hours' work and a successful roll of the lower of Repair or Electronics (made at -2 if you do not have tools). Support rolls are allowed as normal. For dual-linked systems, add +1 to the total mods (so a dual-linked anti-personnel laser counts as 2 mods instead of 1).
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 6/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
User avatar
John Reid
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:10 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by John Reid »


Repair 1d6!!+2: [14!!]+2 = 16
Wild Die 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6


Looking at the bloodied Sasquatch John grins, "I have to say that was one novel approach you have there big guy. Never saw anyone damned fool enough to try and stare down a herd of Rhino Buffalo before. Can't say I'd recommend tryin that one again though I'll say I'm impressed you lived through the attempt at all."

Looking around John notices the glint from the wreckage and lets out a low whistle. "Well I'll be chromed and polished, what's a CS Mark V transport doing wrecked out here in the middle of nowhere? That can't be good. Still, might be some parts to salvage off the thing. What do you say @Keokuk should be see if there are any parts to be had over there?"
"Don't Panic"

John Reid
Player: Jim
Active Alts: Sparkmort Zipwidget, Vixa
User avatar
Eibhlin
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:31 am

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Eibhlin »

Eibhlin approaches the wounded giant. She shakes her head, looking at his injuries. "That was a mighty effort, warrior. I respect your great attempt, but those were truly ferocious beasts. There is no shame in that."

She turns towards the others. "Do we have a healer among us?"
User avatar
Keokuk
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:40 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Keokuk »

Keokuk shakes his head at Eibhlin. "I'm afraid my skills do not lie in that direction."

He then turns to John Reid. "That said, i should be able to assist you salvaging that gear." He makes a series of gestures in the air, weaving a non-existent web, before
Spellcasting 1d12!!+2: [6]+2 = 8 Wild Spellcasting 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7 RAISE
; pieces of metal begin to shift and lift out of the cyborg's way with surprising delicacy. "Just tell me which bits to move, or if there's something you can't reach and want to extract without shifting everything around."
OOC Comments
+2 to Support Reid's salvage effort.
User avatar
The Cheetah
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:35 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by The Cheetah »

Hopping out of the cab, Billy follows Keokuk to where John is standing examining the wreckage he discovered. As the shaman uses his magic to lift pieces, he begins looking at them and picking out which ones seem intact and which are damaged beyond the point of salvage.
Notice roll 1d6!: [6!, 2] = 8
Notice Wild Die roll 1d6!: [2] = 2
With +2 due to Concentration Modifier of Additional Actions the result is 10.

Notice Genius Rereoll 1d6!: [5] = 5
Notice Genius Wild Die Reroll 1d6!: [5] = 5
With +2 due top Concentration Modifer of Additional Actions the result is 11

Success and a Raise. +2 bonus for John’s Repair roll.


“Toss those aside. This part here looks okay. You can get rid of that..,”

Billy points at the various parts floating in the air, indicating which ones that might still be useful and which ones to discard without further inspection.
Billy Thomas, aka The Cheetah

Billy Thomas, aka The Cheetah

Bennies: 4/3 Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue: 0/3 Conviction: 0

Parry: 7 Penalty Against Attacks: -6 Penalty Against Ranged Attacks: -8 Toughness: 12 (5) [As The Cheetah 15 (7)]
User avatar
John Reid
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:10 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by John Reid »


Notice 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Wild Die 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4



Repair -2 (Scene) +2 (Cybernetics) +4 (Support)

1d6!!+4: [4]+4 = 8
1d6!!+4: [1]+4 = 5


John moves through the wreckage evaluating what could and couldn't be salvaged. It's not exactly his area of expertise but between his time working the relic salvage circuit and his onboard computer support he's probably the de facto guy for the job.

The job gets a little easier when John pulls a fairly intact tool kit out of where it was lodged in the remains of the maintenance locker. From there it's fairly short work to pull a number of parts that look like they would work if they needed to do any repairs on the Buffalo.

The grand prize, however, is when he gets up to the top of the transport. Whistling a nameless tune he calls down to the others, "Holy shit, campers this here turret is pretty much intact and even better this part of the frame is still straight! Pretty sure I can get this here sucker detached in short order. Hey @Keokuk how do you feel about mounting a dual AP laser turret on top of that big rig of yours? It's take a while to get it done though. What kind of hurry are we in?"

John lets them mull that one over while he gets to work getting the turret detached from the wrecked transport.
Last edited by John Reid on Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't Panic"

John Reid
Player: Jim
Active Alts: Sparkmort Zipwidget, Vixa
User avatar
Dak-Viisi
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:46 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Dak-Viisi »

Dak-Viisi alights at the side of the sasquatch. "You are strong indeed, my friend. But discretion can be even stronger in the face of such a force. Perhaps you should move out of the way next time!" Lifting his head to the sky, he gestures towards @Naabaahii and gently flaps his wings. "Let your hurt be carried away on the wind!"
The movement of Dak's wings
Faith with Healer: 1d10!!+3: [4]+3 = 7
WD Faith: 1d6!!+3: [2]+3 = 5
Faith Benny with Elan: 1d10!!+5: [8]+5 = 13
Benny WD: 1d6!!+5: [4]+5 = 9
from such a small motion. A pure, fresh scent of ozone blows with it. A moment later, the sasquatch's wounds close as if they were never there.
He helps the warrior to his feet, then looks around for whatever it is the others are rambling about. He doesn't even notice the hulk until @Keokuk starts moving parts of it with mystic force. "Oh, that may be helpful for those of you who are land-bound."
Dak-Viisi
Dak-Viisi
Pace: 6; Flying Pace: 12; Parry: 6
Toughness: 14 (6)
Pertinent Edges: Alertness, Brave, Elan, Healer, Iron Will, Linguist, Master of Magic, Strong Willed
Current Status Post
User avatar
Keokuk
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:40 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Keokuk »

Support to Repair +1
Electronics to support the Repair roll to install the laser turret:
Electronics 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild Electronics 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Siccess = +1 to Repair roll
Keokuk whistles as they bring out the dual laser-turret.

"I've avoided putting external weapons on White Buffalo up to now, because the CS take more notice of armed vehicles. But I'm getting the impression this might be the kind of situation we may need to not be so subtle as that. If someone else can manage the mounting, I can assist with getting the controls wired to the cabin."
User avatar
The Cheetah
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:35 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by The Cheetah »

"Job will get done quicker with two people working on it," Billy says to John. "I'll get the truck ready while you take care of the laser itself."

In reality he could get the job done a lot faster by himself, minutes instead of hours to be exact, but that would mean revealing his superhuman speed. Not something he's inclined to do unless circumstances were dire, which they currently aren't.


Repair Support Roll 1d4!: [2] = 2
Repair Support Wild Die Roll 1d6!: [3] = 3
With +2 bonus from Concentration modifier on Additional Actions power, the result is 5

Repair Support Genius Reroll 1d4!: [1] = 1
Repair Support Wild Die Genius Reroll 1d6!: [5] = 5
With +2 bonus from Concentration modifier on Additional Actions power, the result is 7.
Billy Thomas, aka The Cheetah

Billy Thomas, aka The Cheetah

Bennies: 4/3 Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue: 0/3 Conviction: 0

Parry: 7 Penalty Against Attacks: -6 Penalty Against Ranged Attacks: -8 Toughness: 12 (5) [As The Cheetah 15 (7)]
User avatar
John Reid
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:10 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by John Reid »


Repair 1d6!!+4: [8!!]+4 = 12
Wild Die 1d6!!+4: [4]+4 = 8


While the others prep the vehicle John rigs a block and tackle to haul the turret into place on top of the Buffalo's cab. Fortunately with his cybernetic strength the task is not overly difficult. In fact, with the others help things go even better than he could have hoped for. In what seems like no time at all John is tightening bolts and calibrating the weapon systems to the vehicle's fire control systems, such as they were.

"Well, @Keokuk it's kinda crude but it'll work just fine and dandy I think. Probably should get it looked at by a real professional when ya get the chance." Tapping the side of his head John grins, "on board computer counts for a lot but I ain't no operator by a long shot but like I say it should work well enough in the mean time. I get a feeling it will come in handy before we're done out here I'll tell you that for free."

Squinting up at the light John's grin turns to a frown, "Well, I suppose we've been lollygagging around here long enough. What you fellers thinK? Should we get a move on with what's left of the day or set up camp now?"
"Don't Panic"

John Reid
Player: Jim
Active Alts: Sparkmort Zipwidget, Vixa
User avatar
The Cheetah
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:35 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by The Cheetah »

John Reid wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:35 pm Squinting up at the light John's grin turns to a frown, "Well, I suppose we've been lollygagging around here long enough. What you fellers thinK? Should we get a move on with what's left of the day or set up camp now?"
“I vote we move on,” Billy replies. Maybe if we’re fast enough we can make it to Fort Comanche before nightfall. At the very least, we’ll be closer to it if we do have to stop to camp.
Billy Thomas, aka The Cheetah

Billy Thomas, aka The Cheetah

Bennies: 4/3 Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue: 0/3 Conviction: 0

Parry: 7 Penalty Against Attacks: -6 Penalty Against Ranged Attacks: -8 Toughness: 12 (5) [As The Cheetah 15 (7)]
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1229
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Pursuit »

Erin Tarn looks on with a mildly disapproving expression while the team installs the laser turrets, but she says nothing. Sir Thorpe looks much more understanding, and lends a hand here and there where needed, though the group has things more than under control.

After what seems like a month, but is really probably only a few hours, the White Buffalo sports a set of new, deadly horns and the group is ready to go.

You spend the rest of the day in good spirits, cruising at a respectable pace until around dinnertime, when Sir Thorpe’s voice crackles over the radio.

”Hey, we’re seeing a little village ahead and we’re going to stop in and see what’s what. It’s going to be a little out of our way, but Erin is insistent on the, ah, scenic route. We hope you’ll join us.”

Erin and Sir Thorpe’s Big Boss turns slightly to the north and heads towards the profile of a little settlement that is just now popping up on the White Buffalo’s scanners. You follow, perhaps wary of what you might find in this little corner of the heartland.

As you approach, you can clearly see the settlement’s architecture is reminiscent of late 19th-century construction and technology, and you pass a couple of small ranches and farms. Once you reach the outskirts of town, a band of villagers emerges from the trees and an old woman dressed in overalls and carrying an old pre-cataclysm assault rifle comes closer, flagging you down.

”Oh thank the old gods for your arrival. I’m Esmae Black, the matriarch of this place. Please, you have to help me. Dead Boys have come and are trying to kill my family; you have to help me stop them!”

One look at the villagers shows they are definitely mutants. While they are mostly human-looking, their mutations include bulbous eyes, mottled skin, webbed hands, and other traits the Coalition would find undesirable. Erin Tarn is ready to charge in and help, but Sir Thorpe stiffens at the mention of the Coalition and advises caution, saying, “I fear our presence may make matters worse. If we are recognized, the Coalition might ravage this town, and any others for miles, to try and find us.”

Looking at you, he says, “Go save the family. Erin and I shall scout the area to ensure there are no more Coalition forces nearby. We can then…”

Sir Thorpe is cut off by gunshots and a commotion coming from the center of the village. Esmae Black rushes towards the sound and gestures for you to follow. Any who do are greeted by a tense sight: a CS squad, armed with new-style gear and supported by a dog pack, has cordoned off the town square. The most obviously mutated residents are tied up while some grunts load them into a transport. An officer stands amidst it all, overseeing the operation.

The officer looks up as you approach. ”Halt! Stay where you are!” he calls.

What will you do?

Note: This is not yet a combat round, and it is up to you all whether it becomes one. If your character does something openly aggressive (like draw a weapon or use a power), that’s fine, but it will lead to Action Cards and initiative.
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 6/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1229
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Pursuit »

About the Coalition Transport

For a coalition vehicle, you are looking at something rather small. It's a boxy-looking APC that's a measure smaller than the White Buffalo (the Coalition APC is Size 6, whereas the White Buffalo is Size 8) and it's pulling a prison trailer (basically a post-apocalyptic paddy wagon).

You can't be sure, but it looks like it has a laser turret of a similar size to the one on the White Buffalo and a small missile launcher.
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 6/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
User avatar
Eibhlin
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:31 am

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Eibhlin »

(OOC-How are are we from the group of soldiers? Also, how many are there total?)

Eibhlin stops as ordered and looks at the CS soldiers, eyes narrowed. "What's going on here?" she asks. "Surely these people have done nothing to deserve this rough treatment?"
Last edited by Eibhlin on Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Dak-Viisi
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:46 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Dak-Viisi »

Dak-Viisi peers through the window of the White Buffalo. "Coalition." he mutters, his voice filled with a mix of distaste and resignation. "I am not who they will entreat with. It is best if I remain out of sight unless we are compelled to combat." He cautions his friends. "They may mean to clip my wings and take my life, but their misguided beliefs are no justification for the killing stroke. If it is to be combat, leave wounds that can be healed. No lives need to be lost today."
Dak-Viisi
Dak-Viisi
Pace: 6; Flying Pace: 12; Parry: 6
Toughness: 14 (6)
Pertinent Edges: Alertness, Brave, Elan, Healer, Iron Will, Linguist, Master of Magic, Strong Willed
Current Status Post
User avatar
Keokuk
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:40 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Keokuk »

Keokuk looks over his shoulder at the Lyn-srial, frowning. "I ain't fired up to go murdering folks, neither, but if this goes hot, playing it soft just means we get to fight them, and all their friends that they can call in, sometime down the road--because that IS how they do things. I'm fine with not starting a fight, here, but if they opt for guns blazing, we might best be served by replying in kind." His brow furrows. "Keep in mind, anything I can do in the 'non-lethal' category pretty much also falls into the 'Coalition shoot on sight' category. To be honest, only reason I'm really considering what you're saying is that I also think we would have a hard time dropping all of 'em, and if we can't do that, then what I said about a future fight still applies."

He sighs, leaning back in his seat and watching as Eibhlin tries her luck at the gentle route. I'd've given her a boost to speaking, but that'd probably lead to the damned hound-dogs howling and kicking things off....
User avatar
John Reid
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:10 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by John Reid »

John also frowns at the sight of the soldiers. He doesn't really have any first hand experience with Coalition forces being from the Baronies but he's heard plenty of stories and precious few of them ended well.

"@Eibhlin, from what I know of the CS folk they don't need a reason to be killin other than you ain't doin what they tell you or that you ain't human or both. Besides, @Keokuk has the right of it. Either we leave these Dead Boys to whatever it is they plan to do with these folk or we hit em like a bolt of lightning."

John shrugs awkwardly and points at the town with his chin and continues calmly, "The smart thing to do would probably let them get on with their business while we get on with ours. These CS boys have a rep for being a bunch to jackels but unless these folk did something to actively piss em off they probably won't wipe the town out or anything."
"Don't Panic"

John Reid
Player: Jim
Active Alts: Sparkmort Zipwidget, Vixa
User avatar
The Cheetah
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:35 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by The Cheetah »

Billy looks at the trussed up villagers and uniformed goons guarding them.

”We can’t just stand by and do nothing while the Coalition takes innocent people who knows where,” he quietly replies to John. “They’ve got no right to do this. This isn’t even their territory.”

He had already made up his mind on a course of action. He’ll wait and see if Eibhlin can somehow persuade these soldiers to let the townsfolk be but if she couldn’t do that he’s prepared to use force, alone if necessary. If the others aren’t willing to fight he could always quickly sneak off and change into his Cheetah costume. Approach from the direction of Fort Comanche so it’ll looks like he came from there and won’t have his heroic identity be associated with his traveling companions.
Billy Thomas, aka The Cheetah

Billy Thomas, aka The Cheetah

Bennies: 4/3 Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue: 0/3 Conviction: 0

Parry: 7 Penalty Against Attacks: -6 Penalty Against Ranged Attacks: -8 Toughness: 12 (5) [As The Cheetah 15 (7)]
User avatar
Dak-Viisi
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:46 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Dak-Viisi »

Dak-Viisi nods at @The Cheetah. "The Coalition rarely has noble intentions when it comes to creatures outside their favor. The skulls they wear are in their spirit and not just for decoration. We cannot stand idly by while these people are taken captive."
He sighs. "If it is to be violence, let it be in defense of the townsfolk. I do not relish combat against a living being, but I detest even more the cruelty the skull worshipers will visit upon these people."
With that, he closes his eyes and prepares for the worst. "At least let me move first. I can lay many to a deep sleep which may minimize the bloodshed on both sides."
Dak-Viisi
Dak-Viisi
Pace: 6; Flying Pace: 12; Parry: 6
Toughness: 14 (6)
Pertinent Edges: Alertness, Brave, Elan, Healer, Iron Will, Linguist, Master of Magic, Strong Willed
Current Status Post
User avatar
John Reid
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:10 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by John Reid »

John shrugs awkwardly at @The Cheetah "I just said it was the smart thing to do. Course my Mama was always tellin me I had rocks between my ears more often than not. But I'll tell you this for free. If we go in there those Dead Boys have to vanish from the face of this Earth."

Smiling, John draws his thumb across his throat indicating the fate of the CS forces. "If we just drive them off they'll just come back with a bigger force and eradicate this here town just to make a point. If we interfere we could save em all or we could just be getting them all killed later on down the road. Just trying to manage expectations, ya understand."
"Don't Panic"

John Reid
Player: Jim
Active Alts: Sparkmort Zipwidget, Vixa
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1229
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Pursuit »

The CS troops eye the approach of the team warily, with the officer seemingly focused on @Eibhlin.

The air in the square hangs with heavy stillness, waiting for something to happen.

Eibhlin, as you look human enough, you may approach as close as you would like (provided you are not carrying a weapon), but I wouldn't advise getting too close, or the dog boys will smell you. You may make an Occult roll at no penalty or a Common Knowledge roll at -2 to estimate how far away a dog boy's psychic sense extends.

If you intend to talk the Coalition down, please also make a Persuasion roll (or, if your plan is to threaten them, an Intimidation roll).
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 6/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
User avatar
Eibhlin
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:31 am

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Eibhlin »

!!d6: [6] = 6
Mixed Exploding die 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Total of 7 on Common Knowledge

"Listen. I'm sure that something can be sorted out here. Why waste ammo on these people? They are no danger to you," she says,

Persuasion 1d6+1!!: [3]+1 = 4
Wild Die 1d6!!: [3] = 3
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1229
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Pursuit »

@Eibhlin knows that to get within about 50 feet of a dog boy is to risk being sniffed out, so she tries to keep her distance.

The officer approaches so as to not be yelling and he meaningfully rests his hand on his service pistol. It is hard to tell from body language how receptive he is to your efforts at persuasion, and you cannot see his face behind his grim helmet.

"I don't know who you folks are. I don't know where you come from. But you can turn that vehicle around and get the hell out of here, or we will be forced to treat you the same as these deviants!"


SOUND OFF, TEAM! ARE YOU GOING TO PUSH YOUR LUCK WITH THE CS OR TURN TAIL AND RUN?

I don't want to railroad you too much. Are you going to help this town? Or leave them in the rear view? Speak now, or forever hold your peace!
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 6/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
User avatar
The Cheetah
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:35 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by The Cheetah »

Billy looks at Dak-Viisi when he hears the officer’s words.

“I think it’s time for you to make them snooze,“ he says to the Cloudweaver, in reference to his request to let him put them to sleep as their opening move. “I’m going to try and sneak into a position where I can get the drop on any who manage to stay up.”

He slips out of the White Buffalo’s cab and begins heading in one direction, only to head in entirely different one once he thinks he’s managed to get out of the view of everyone else. Once he’s out of sight he dons his costume and with phenomenal speed sneaks out of town and around it before rushing back toward it from the opposite direction of the one the group came from. He didn’t want to the Coaltion to think his heroic alter ego and them are associates.


Sneak Roll 1d6!: [6!, 2] = 8
Sneak Wild Die Roll 1d6!: [5] = 5


“Deadboys!” Let those folks go and beat it!” Billy exclaims, no trace of the New York accent he’s been speaking with in his secret identity. “Or else face the wrath of THE CHEETAH!”

As if to punctuate his threat he lashes out with a claw at one of the grunts guarding the prisoners.


I figured it took one action to sneak away and one action to don his costume, so just one attack this time. No penalty of course because of his Accelerated Capability Rate (Additional Actions).
Fighting Roll 1d10!: [10!, 5] = 15
Fighting Wild Die Roll 1d6!: [4] = 4

Danage if a Hit
Damage Roll 1d8! + 3d6!: [5]+[3, 6!, 4, 3] = 21
Bonus Damage If a Raise
Bonus Damage Roll 1d6!: [6!, 6!, 3] = 15

Grunt also has to make a Vigor roll (-2 if attack was a Raise) or be Stunned.

Not trying to kill, just incapacitate.

Anyone trying to attack The Cheetah has a -6 Penalty for Melee and a -8 for Ranged Attacks
Billy Thomas, aka The Cheetah

Billy Thomas, aka The Cheetah

Bennies: 4/3 Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue: 0/3 Conviction: 0

Parry: 7 Penalty Against Attacks: -6 Penalty Against Ranged Attacks: -8 Toughness: 12 (5) [As The Cheetah 15 (7)]
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1229
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Pursuit »

Violence ensues!

- Dak: AC
- Eibhlin: 9S
- Keokuk: QS
- Naabahii: JD
- Billy: 7D
- John Reid: 4S
- CS Officer: 6H
- CS Grunts: KS
- CS Vehicle: 3D

We are doing this fight in theater of the mind, so we’re going to play a little fast and loose with range. Everyone starts out at long range from the CS forces except for Eibhlin, who starts at medium. Most powers are short-range (e.g., range of Smarts), though there are some exceptions.

Dak will go first, then the bad guys will act as a bloc, and then everyone else after the bad guys are done (in any order). @The Cheetah, we can work with what you already rolled or you can re-roll once it gets to your turn; up to you.

If anyone would like a new card, please PM me and spend a Benny.

For area of effect powers, attacks, etc., we’ll use the “Templates Without Miniatures” rules on page 97 of SWADE.

The forces arrayed in front of you are as follows:
- CS Junior officer: Toughness 16 (8), Parry 6
- CS Grunts (x7): Toughness 16 (8), Parry 5
- CS Psi-Stalker: Toughness 17(7), Parry 7
- CS Dog Boy Soldiers (x9): Toughness 12 (5), Parry 7
- CS Mark IX EPC: Size 6 (Large), Toughness 35 (15) MDC Armor
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 6/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
User avatar
Dak-Viisi
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:46 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Dak-Viisi »

Dak heaves himself out of the Mountaineer, wings fully unfurled as he takes to the sky. "There is no need for violence today! I urge you to sleep and dream of a better course of action!" His hands reach out towards the CS and a
Faith: 1d10!!+1: [9]+1 = 10
WD Faith: 1d6!!+1: [3]+1 = 4
. Suddenly, several of the soldiers collapse, taken by an irresistible need to take a long nap. "They are only asleep. We mean no harm!" Unfortunately, his words fall on deaf ears as the remaining fighters open fire on the Legion force. Dak is forced to take evasive maneuvers, distracting him from further action.
Dak-Viisi
Dak-Viisi
Pace: 6; Flying Pace: 12; Parry: 6
Toughness: 14 (6)
Pertinent Edges: Alertness, Brave, Elan, Healer, Iron Will, Linguist, Master of Magic, Strong Willed
Current Status Post
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1229
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Pursuit »

The CS Junior Officer, two of the grunts, and a dog boy all collapse to the ground, fast asleep.

The psi-stalker yells at the dog boys to grab their fallen comrade, and two of them jump to comply. The rest begin firing their laser rifles at the group in a hail of suppressive fire, but none of the shots come close.

The psi-stalker likewise turns her rifle on the group, but her suppressive fire is more accurate.

John, Cheetah, and Dak, if a 4 hits you, you are now Distracted.

One of the still awake grunts grabs their fallen officer and begins dragging him towards the APC. One of the others does the same for the fallen grunt.

One grunt is left in the dirt.

The Coalition vehicle fires a missile at the White Buffalo, dealing 25 MD AP 8.

The soldiers are now closer to the APC, but still in long range for most rifles.
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 6/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
User avatar
John Reid
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:10 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by John Reid »

John hits the ground as the shooting starts, cursing all the while. "Dammit to the all the hells save me from superheroes and pacifists! This is one messed up battle plan!"

Catching himself on two hands, his other two hands are busy unlimbering his NG-12. Figuring the range is too long for anything fancy Jim drops his targeting reticle on the Trooper dragging the CS officer and cuts loose with a bolt of plasma, the kick a satisfying thump to his shoulder.


Long Range -4 (negated by Sharpshooting)
Distracted -2
Targeting Eye +2

Shooting 1d10: [8] = 8
Wild Die 1d6!!: [9!!] = 9

Damage
3d12!!+d6!!+6: [3, 1, 5]+[1]+6 = 16
Benny to reroll damage
3d12!!+1d6!!+6: [22!!, 6, 2]+[5]+6 = 41


Hurried or not John grunts in satisfaction as his first shot incinerates a good portion of the trooper carrying the officer who in turn tumbles to the ground. Taking advantage of his extra limbs John easily shifts aim to the Psi-Stalker attempting to direct the enemy's actions and fires another plasma bolt.


Long Range -4 (negated by Sharpshooting)
Distracted -2
Targeting Eye +2

Shooting 1d10!!: [7] = 7
Wild Die 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Damage
3d12!!+1d6!!+6: [11, 10, 6]+[3]+6 = 36 Note: 33 damage as this was not a raise.


Not quite as clean as the first shot it is nevertheless lethally effective, almost cutting the Psi-Stalker almost in half. "That should slow them down a little though somebody better come up with a plan for that APC ASAP! If anyone can jam their comms now's the time!"
"Don't Panic"

John Reid
Player: Jim
Active Alts: Sparkmort Zipwidget, Vixa
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1229
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Pursuit »

The first CS trooper goes down hard, but the Psi-Stalker rolls with the hit and it isn't quite as bad as it initially looked.

((2 Wild Card Bennies spent, 1 Wound Soaked, 3 Wounds remaining on Psi-Stalker))
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 6/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
User avatar
Keokuk
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:40 pm

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Keokuk »

Spell details
Telekinesis: d12+2 roll. 5 PPE, +3 Range (now 40"), +3 Strong
Spellcasting 1d12!!+2: [8]+2 = 10
Wild Spellcasting 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Raise, TK Strength 12+2
First target needs to roll Spirit vs. target number of 10 to resist.
If he fails to resist, he'll end up 8" above the ground, suspended in mid-air.

Keokuk grumbles as the rocket ineffectually rocks the White Buffalo, scorching the mural on its side, but not actually inflicting any damage. He surveys the growing chaos, and decides to fan the flames a bit more. Letting his foot press the pedal to the floor, he surges the White Buffalo forward, closing the gap between the truck and the Coalition's APV. The old man smiles grimly as he sees the door is still open. As he comes to a stop, he gestures with his hand, pantomiming a marionette operator.

The operator of the APV suddenly feels himself wrapped in invisible strands of spider-silk, attempting to rip him from the truck and loft him into the air.
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1229
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 1. IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF GIANTS

Post by Pursuit »

A terrified CS soldier is yanked with invisible strings. Unfortunately for her, she failed to put on her seatbelt for this trip, and she is yanked in the air!

((Fail on Spirit roll to resist!))

The APC is not going anywhere this round.
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 6/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
Post Reply

Return to “The Dark Frontier”