Zaayr are magical creatures seemingly made completely of solid crystal and pure magical energy. Even their wings, teeth and claws are made of crystal and their tongue and eyes of blue magic energy. Although hard like rocks their bodies are usually warm to the touch and they are beautiful to behold — like a living, moving sculpture.
The Zaayr are a dying species thought to be natives of the Astral Plane. The beautiful dragons have been hunted to near extinction because of their magical crystal hide. The dragon's crystal is a universal magic component of immense power and rarity. Zaayr Crystal can be substituted for quartz, diamond or virtually any gemstone required as a magical component for Techno-Wizard and Bio-Wizard devices to Alchemical creations.
- Armored Hide (Iconic): In natural form has +16 M.D.C. and +6 Toughness.
- Claws/Bite (Iconic): Naturally massive teeth and talons (Str+3d6 AP 4, Mega Damage)
- Fear (Iconic): A dragon is a terrifying creature to most folks, who must make a Fear check when first seeing him.
- Flight (Iconic): Winged forms can fly at a Pace of 12” with a Climb of 0.
- Size +6* (Iconic): is naturally 15’ long and weighs 3 tons. +6 Toughness
- Tail Lash (Iconic): Sweep a 2" long by 4" wide rectangle. Fighting attack ignores size penalties, (Str+d8 Mega Damage).
- Arcane Background Psionics (Iconic): Begins with Psionics d6, 3 powers and 10 ISP (20 total w/Denizens of the Astral Plane).
- Laser Vision (Iconic): The Zaayr can shoot intense multi spectral light from its eyes at Range 12/24/48 and Damage 4d6 (Mega Damage), using their Shooting skill. This is a re-trapping
- Fire Breath (Iconic): The Zaayr can breath a cone of intense blue flame doing 2d10, Mega Damage in a Cone Template starting from their mouths. Every target within the cone makes an Agility roll −2 to avoid the attack. This is a re-trapping
- Mental Resistance (Iconic): Replaces fire resistance. The Crystal dragon receives +4 versus all powers that target the mind.
- Creatures of Crystal: Take half damage from normal and Mega-Damage lasers. This is a re-trapping
- Spectral Vision (Iconic): Crystal Dragons can see in all spectrums. Halve the penalties for dark lighting against living targets. This is a re-trapping
- Denizens of the Astral Plane (Iconic): Begin with the Major Psionics edge. However, cannot select AB Magic like other dragons.
- Limited Metamorphosis (Iconic): Can turn into a single humanoid form and maintain that form for Spirit in hours before needing 6 hours rest. Loses many of his natural abilities in his humanoid form. However unlike other dragons, no matter what other form the Zaayr takes on it will always be made of crystal. This is a re-trapping
- Mighty (Iconic): Begins with d12+4 Strength and d8 Vigor
- Nigh-Immortality (Iconic): 6k-12k life span and requires only magical energy to sustain themselves, eating and drinking simply for pleasure. They are immune to normal poisons and diseases.
- Slow Regeneration (Iconic): These creatures can even regenerate lost limbs over time, making a natural healing roll once per day.
- Master Psionics: The Crystal Dragon becomes a master psionic, gaining the Master of Psionic Edge, which grants Mega Powers for all known psionic abilities, and also gains the Rapid Recharge Edge. This Advance may be taken at Seasoned rank, ignoring normal requirements for the Edge.
- Blazing Crystals: Zaayr Can reflect light in such a way as to become a blinding, sparkling area of light like a thousand mirrors in the sunlight acting as the deflection power (treat as greater deflection for lasers). Hatchlings can maintain such a field for a number of rounds equal to their Spirit, after which at least 10 minutes of rest are required before they can activate the effect again.