EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

A series of unfortunate events.
User avatar
Hobo Joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Location: Riding the Rails to Stardom

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Hobo Joe » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:18 am

Local Conditions wrote: CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Outside Boy's Ranch
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1400 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: clear sky, 75 degrees F. 75% humidity, light breeze
  • Visibility: very good
Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

A TRAP IS ONLY A TRAP...
After a couple minutes the comms chatter calms down, back to its previous trickle. Except that the communication with the outriders has now picked up.

The guard nods to George. Then she says, "Yeah, just checking in with the boss. He says it's okay for you and the girl to come in. What sort of things are you guys selling? I guess you probably keep the merch in the Behemoth. So come on in. You can park the bike inside the big house is next door."

Dot radios back to George, "Boss, we've almost got it, just a few more minutes." A couple of minutes later, another Hospitaller comes on the comm. He's a little flustered, somewhat confused, "Boss, according to Big Al you should be careful if your guy is right about the CS code. I guess it's deep black-ops level stuff."

The guard is now within a hundred feet or so of Reiko. She can see he is a he, most likely. He is wearing a western style of light armor, it looks like EBA, and the guy is buttoned up so she can't see his face. The laser rifle he carries appears to be pretty typical, but she can't identify it specifically. The horse is big and looks strong, and has light barding on its head and chest. The man's helmet has distinctive eyes and he is clearly focusing on Reiko, watching attentively to her moves. He does not answer her questions, but continues to inch forward one slow step at a time.

About five minutes after the initial contact, Freeman's radar warning receiver chirps as military grade weapons radar starts to illuminate the area. Nothing is fixed yet, but there is a concealed radar installation within a mile.

Carlos' activity becomes interesting to the mounted guard, who moves closer for a look. The presence of the robotic horse is disturbing, but not enough to disrupt the ecowizard's construction.

What are you doing?

GM Notes:
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe


Nameless:
  • Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6


Murder Hobos:

User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Carlos » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:36 am

Carlos has finished gathering what he needs, no point in constructing it now though, it will take time to set the spell tight f it will last more than just a few uses.

He returns to his mount and starts placing the gathered supplies into the saddle bags. He notes the approaching guard and tries to watch him covertly while going about his business. If this is just a guard checking on what a visitor is doing, then doing something mundane and unthreatening is the best way to go. If this is a prelude to an attack, them being on the ground by his Ostrasaurus is a good place to be, he can order his steed to attack and enter combat after he draws out his most appropriate weapon.
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 2: 2 Wild Notice 1d6 = 2: 2
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Gorgeous George » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:49 am

George nods, his affable voice continuing--and keeping the radio on, so that his own people hear what he's saying. "Well, mostly we're offering services, more than goods. We've got mechanics, medics, cyberdocs, even a wizard who's got a way with animals. Lots of different types of expertise, basically. But you're right that most of them are on Tiny back there. I take it you want the big ship to hang out out here while we come in?" He continues on, softly, now, so that only the radio picks up his voice. "If the codes are that deep, it occurs to me that these folks might not even know they are 'assets' of the Cee-Ess, if you follow me."
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Skills: Healing d10+4; Know: Cyber d6+2; Know: Med d6+2; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d10+2; Persuasion d10; Shooting d4+2; Fighting d6; Piloting d4; Notice d4; Know: Bio d4; Stealth d4+2
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6 (-4 w/ CS)
Edges: Healer, I Know A Guy, Brave, Investigator, Scholar, V. Attractive, Charismatic, Scrounger, Battle Hardened, Elan, Connections: Black Market/Pecos Bandits
Weapon in Tail: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol; In Hand: Claws
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
Vulnerability: +4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 3/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster/Robot Jock
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Piloting d6; Healing d6; Fighting d4; Notice d4; Faith d8; Taunt d6+2; Intimidate d6+2; Repair d4; Survival d4; Know: Arc d6
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Edges: Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
HindrancesSmall, Pacifist, Quirk: Does not speak to George
Tiny ((Behemoth Robot Armor):
  • Size 8, Strength d12+6, Toughness 40 (18 MDC), Pace 7; Sensor Package (+2 Notice); Targeting computer (cancels 2 points of Shooting Penalties); Fully stocked Med-Bay; Missile launchers
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Reiko Tanaka
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Reiko Tanaka » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:35 am

Boy’s Ranch
Afternoon
Round 0

Hearing that they were being given access, Reiko paused in her casual stretch of her legs. She eyed the guard on the horse that was watching her closely and gave him a little finger way. Then she went back and climbed up behind George on the bike.

“These guys are really jumpy,” she commented to him over the comms.

***
Conditions
Reiko Tanaka Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
Assassin: +2 damage when striking a foe unawares.
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10.
  • Bonuses doubled on a ley line.
McGyver: No negative penalties on Trait rolls for not having tools, and may jury-rig temporary gadgets.
Mighty Blow: When dealt a Joker, the character doubles her total damage when making a successful Fighting attack this round.
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
ISP: 30/30
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
Conditions
Last Stand: +2 Parry (11) and Toughness (15) for Reiko and all adjacent allies (George) until a Joker is dealt
Agility d12 (2r)
Cyber-Kinetic Combat: -2 to hit with tech
Deflection: -2 to hit, -3 to be hit at range. (2r)
Fighting d12+1, Parry 9 (2r)
Pace: 16
Smite: +2 damage, +2 AP (d10+2d8+2, AP 8) (2r)
Spirit d8 (2r)
Stealth d12+2 (2r)
Strength d10 (2r)
Vigor d8, Toughness 13 (4) (2r)
Reiko Tanaka Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 10/30
Bennies: 3/3
Assassin: +2 damage when striking a foe unawares.
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10.
  • Bonuses doubled on a ley line.
McGyver: No negative penalties on Trait rolls for not having tools, and may jury-rig temporary gadgets.
Mighty Blow: When dealt a Joker, the character doubles her total damage when making a successful Fighting attack this round.
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
Adventure Card

User avatar
John Freeman
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by John Freeman » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:16 pm

"Radar contact!

As the active radar alarm sounds in John's ear and his training kicks in as he immediately leaps off the giant robot and goes nap-of-the-earth.

Gotta loves SAMS, low to the ground and under the radar

From the ground he begins a series of slow pop-up maneuvers. Flying up quickly, trying to track the radar signal, then dropping low again before it can get a lock.
K/Electronics 4, success
K/Electronics 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30

Initiative: Quick Edge (redraw action cards of 5 or higher)

User avatar
Hobo Joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Location: Riding the Rails to Stardom

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Hobo Joe » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:45 am

Local Conditions wrote: CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Outside Boy's Ranch
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1405 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: clear sky, 75 degrees F. 75% humidity, light breeze
  • Visibility: very good
Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

WELCOME TO THE BIG HOUSE, TAKE A SEAT
Ranch Aerial View
Image
Only the simvan's god knows how long it will take to make his contraption. Carlo's knows that he's running out of time. Even without understanding the words, seeing George and Reiko prepare to go inside causes a sense of alarm. The robot horse and it's enclosed rider continue to move towards Carlos as he prepares his device.

Freeman goes to ground. His sensors tell him the clutter zone of this radar gives him about 30 feet to work with. That also tells him the installation is mounted low, inside the barrier. The profile is that of a search radar but Freeman would 100% expect a fire-control radar partnered with it, just waiting for a target to be detected. Freeman knows enough to keep easily out of the radar's beam. He covers the south side of the barrier and sees a few rough structures scattered throughout the fields that could serve to conceal a radar station.
Ranch Enlargement
Image
The hoverbike with Reiko and George glides through the gate onto a broad lane, with two rough sheds to their immediate left. A large, simple house sits directly ahead. It is clad in close fitting stone and has a red standing seam metal roof. The gaps are well sealed with grout. It has glass windows, some operable. The main door looks like it is heavy oak, the hinges massive. It gives the impression of being very, very strong.

Two other buildings are immediately visible. These are much more functional. Rough stacked stone, equally rough grout. The windows are nothing but openings with interior metal shutters. In fact they look like arrowslits more than anything else. Each building has two doors on the side visible to George and Reiko, and they are stout metal doors. The roofs appear to be thick wood shingles with some sort of white rubber coating.

The gate guard pauses and points to the shed closed to the gate. "Leave the bike there, we'll head to the big house," she says. She also takes off her hat, revealing a young woman. She seems harmless enough, right?

In this area there are an additional four people standing around and off to the west a few more can be seen going to and fro. The four guards are all dressed in heavy EBA, holding long arms and fully kitted out with the paraphernalia of violence. The heavy rifles are held at ease but their helmeted faces track George and Reiko as they enter the compound.


What are you doing?

GM Notes:
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe


Nameless:
  • Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6


Murder Hobos:

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Gorgeous George » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:37 am

George murmurs into the radio. "Everyone stay frosty. Still need more details on the situation here." Then, a bit more loudly, but leaving the comm on, he replies to the young woman, "First shed for the bike, Okay." As he comes back out of the shed, he nods. "That's a pretty impressive house. You guys must do alright for yourselves here." He motions for Reiko to stay close.

***********

Aboard Tiny, the crew works furiously, trying to get the signals decoded. Slow going, yes, but hopefully they can manage it in time to get some useful intel about what the Boss' hosts are up to.
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Skills: Healing d10+4; Know: Cyber d6+2; Know: Med d6+2; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d10+2; Persuasion d10; Shooting d4+2; Fighting d6; Piloting d4; Notice d4; Know: Bio d4; Stealth d4+2
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6 (-4 w/ CS)
Edges: Healer, I Know A Guy, Brave, Investigator, Scholar, V. Attractive, Charismatic, Scrounger, Battle Hardened, Elan, Connections: Black Market/Pecos Bandits
Weapon in Tail: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol; In Hand: Claws
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
Vulnerability: +4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 3/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster/Robot Jock
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Piloting d6; Healing d6; Fighting d4; Notice d4; Faith d8; Taunt d6+2; Intimidate d6+2; Repair d4; Survival d4; Know: Arc d6
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Edges: Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
HindrancesSmall, Pacifist, Quirk: Does not speak to George
Tiny ((Behemoth Robot Armor):
  • Size 8, Strength d12+6, Toughness 40 (18 MDC), Pace 7; Sensor Package (+2 Notice); Targeting computer (cancels 2 points of Shooting Penalties); Fully stocked Med-Bay; Missile launchers
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Reiko Tanaka
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Reiko Tanaka » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:18 am

Boy’s Ranch
Afternoon
Round 0

Reiko glances around warily behind her black face plate before sliding off the bike. She falls in beside George as they rejoin the guard, who reveals herself to be a young, dark-skinned woman. So much variety here in North America. Then Reiko’s attention goes to the heavily armed guards standing nearby, sizing them up. She made sure to place herself between them and George.

“So what is this place called?” Reiko asked. “And what is your name? I’m Reiko.” She offered her hand to the young woman.

***
Conditions
Reiko Tanaka Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 30/30
Bennies: 3/3
Assassin: +2 damage when striking a foe unawares.
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10.
  • Bonuses doubled on a ley line.
McGyver: No negative penalties on Trait rolls for not having tools, and may jury-rig temporary gadgets.
Mighty Blow: When dealt a Joker, the character doubles her total damage when making a successful Fighting attack this round.
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
Adventure Card
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
Conditions
Last Stand: +2 Parry (11) and Toughness (15) for Reiko and all adjacent allies (George) until a Joker is dealt
Agility d12 (2r)
Cyber-Kinetic Combat: -2 to hit with tech
Deflection: -2 to hit, -3 to be hit at range. (2r)
Fighting d12+1, Parry 9 (2r)
Pace: 16
Smite: +2 damage, +2 AP (d10+2d8+2, AP 8) (2r)
Spirit d8 (2r)
Stealth d12+2 (2r)
Strength d10 (2r)
Vigor d8, Toughness 13 (4) (2r)
Reiko Tanaka Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 10/30
Bennies: 3/3
Assassin: +2 damage when striking a foe unawares.
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10.
  • Bonuses doubled on a ley line.
McGyver: No negative penalties on Trait rolls for not having tools, and may jury-rig temporary gadgets.
Mighty Blow: When dealt a Joker, the character doubles her total damage when making a successful Fighting attack this round.
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
Adventure Card

User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Carlos » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:35 am

Having nothing better to do, and not being very observant for a bit, Khar-loez starts sorting the pieces for his talking drums. Optimally they should be as close to the same as possible for the similarity aspect of the spell. Best would be having pieces of the same animal, so he will select a single hide to cut the four drum heads out of and a single cord to cut into the tensioning cords for both drums, that way the principle of contagion will keep the two drums connected over a distance.

He could make a working drum set in moments, if he wanted it to just work for an hour or two. A lasting magic is more complicated.
OOC Comments
As I already made the basic rolls for the magic earlier, I will only do my Notice check here. It will take a minimum of 8 hours to enchant the drum.
Notice 1d8 = 3: 3 Wild Notice 1d6 = 6: 6 WN Ace 1d6 = 6: 6 WNA2 1d6 = 2: 2 Wild Notice 14=2 raises
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
John Freeman
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by John Freeman » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:53 am

Marking the potential radar sites on his HUD, Freeman doesn't move to attack or jam the signal - not with his team mates inside the building. For now the work of probing and playing chicken can continue. Knowing the radar's detection range, Freeman buzzes low along the ground using various land formations to mask his movements from the outriders and his low altitude to keep the radar station from monitoring him. Casually he heads toward the canyon where the blasting was detected, taking a slow, circuitous route, trying to look vaguely like a holding pattern.
Piloting 7, (to stay low and avoid detection)
Piloting 1d6 = 3: 3
Extra Effort: 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30

Initiative: Quick Edge (redraw action cards of 5 or higher)

User avatar
Hobo Joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Location: Riding the Rails to Stardom

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Hobo Joe » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:13 pm

Local Conditions wrote: CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Outside Boy's Ranch
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1410 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: clear sky, 75 degrees F. 75% humidity, light breeze
  • Visibility: very good
Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY
Ranch Aerial View
Image
Aboard the Behemoth, the radio broadcasts have been isolated, the various different spectrums in use determined. There are three. One is seems to be a data network, the source is near the entrance to the compound, but it is repeated through each of the buildings and propagates out for a good distance into the range. It's encrypted like a standard computer network, or at least it seems so. The second is a common band radio net. The traffic on it is moderately encrypted, but nothing fancy, and therefore the Hospitallers had not problem unpacking it. The third is the highly encrypted, high-power, signal that is proving to be a bear to decrypt.

The common radio chatter is of a type similar to: "Moving staff to block A," or "Charlie taking staff out back," or "Cattle on range at x by y," or "Keeping primary herd in north paddock", etc. It seems to be pretty common working conversations. The only notable dialog is "Send Chaz, Fritz, Wallaby, a Jayne up to the big house, full kit" followed by the response, "Roger that Doc, I'll pull them off the range." Then, "Alright, check when they're in position." And the conversation closes with "Yeah, will do."

The timing of this conversation is after George and Reiko are inside the compound.

Closer to the compound, between the Behemoth and the gates, Carlos is fiddling with his bones. He's not making any discernible progress, at least not to anyone else but him. The rider has approached now within about ten feet of Carlos and his wilderness workbench. From the back of the robot horse the rider peers down over Carlos' shoulder at the pile of scraps he's working with. "Boy, what in the blazes are you doing playing with those bones? It ain't right."

Freeman is limited in speed by his evasive maneuvers and his choice to stay low. The terrain is relatively flat, but there are gullies, ditches, small hills, stands of scraggly trees, the occasional ruin all in his way to keep him from maximum speed. But, slow for a SAMAS is not really that slow. In five minutes he's covered over ten miles, all of it fenced, and it continues far off into the west as well. He might have gone far enough though. At about the seven mile mark, he spots what looks very much like a big scar in the earth, a chasm of some kind. He is too far away to make out details, but there are people and vehicles there. They all seem to be moving towards and disappearing into the chasm.
Ranch Enlargement
Image
The shed is like a typical garage--a modern garage. It is big enough to fit three Big Boss style vehicles, though at this point it has only one and another thing under at tarp about the same size. There's plenty of room for George's hover bike. It is high ceilinged, with metal I-beams supporting a metal roof. There are three garage doors corresponding to the parking zones, the one for George's use is currently open. There are big red and green buttons by each door. A man-size door is located at either end. Maintenance-type tools and parts are lined up against the wall opposite the doors, some on shelves or workbenches, some stored on the floor and still other gear hanging from the ceiling. The lights buzz a little, giving off a bright light with a slightly yellow cast. It smells like a garage, oils, metal, faint ozone plus an overall smell that indicates modern tech. There is sand and dust on the floor that gets blown all around as George brings the hover vehicle in for a landing.

As they exit the garage, the door remains open, but the lights turn off with a flicker. The woman first answers George when they are back outside, "Yup, that's the Big House. The Top Hands and the Boss live there." She nods towards the other main building and says, "Rest of us have the barracks. Ain't so bad." Then turning to Reiko, there's a longer moment while she sizes up the ex-assasin. "Just like the sign says," the woman says and points to the gate, ignoring the fact that the sign is on the other side. She has a much more clipped, almost antagonistic tone for Reiko. It's a reaction maybe to feeling threatened. Or just distrust of strangers.

"Huck."

She doesn't say anything for a moment. Then, "Out back, Boss wants to talk."

What are you doing?

GM Notes:
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe


Nameless:
  • Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6


Murder Hobos:

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Gorgeous George » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:46 pm

Carol's voice comes over the group's comms. "Okay, boss-man, just so you know, it sounds like they called in some additional guards to join you at the 'Big House'. I assume 'Full Kit' means they're going to be armed to the teeth. Of course, that could just be them playin' it safe with strangers, but thought you should be ready for 'em. Still workin' on that other signal. New guy's gone walkabout."

Big Al tries not to show his nervousness to the minions--he really hates it when George goes off that far ahead into an unknown situation like this. But they both agree that making nice is the best approach, until given reason otherwise."

******

Aloud (and over the comm, still), George looks around as they enter the Big House, chuckling at her comment about the barracks. "Heck, ma'am, I bet those barracks are at least as nice as a berth on a Behemoth. No having to try to sleep while the pilots decide to get some night-travel time." He pauses for a moment, looking around. "By the by, my name's George, Huck; it's a genuine pleasure to meet you. How should I greet your boss? Miss, Mister, Missus...?"
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Skills: Healing d10+4; Know: Cyber d6+2; Know: Med d6+2; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d10+2; Persuasion d10; Shooting d4+2; Fighting d6; Piloting d4; Notice d4; Know: Bio d4; Stealth d4+2
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6 (-4 w/ CS)
Edges: Healer, I Know A Guy, Brave, Investigator, Scholar, V. Attractive, Charismatic, Scrounger, Battle Hardened, Elan, Connections: Black Market/Pecos Bandits
Weapon in Tail: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol; In Hand: Claws
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
Vulnerability: +4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 3/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster/Robot Jock
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Piloting d6; Healing d6; Fighting d4; Notice d4; Faith d8; Taunt d6+2; Intimidate d6+2; Repair d4; Survival d4; Know: Arc d6
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Edges: Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
HindrancesSmall, Pacifist, Quirk: Does not speak to George
Tiny ((Behemoth Robot Armor):
  • Size 8, Strength d12+6, Toughness 40 (18 MDC), Pace 7; Sensor Package (+2 Notice); Targeting computer (cancels 2 points of Shooting Penalties); Fully stocked Med-Bay; Missile launchers
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Reiko Tanaka
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Reiko Tanaka » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:39 am

Boy’s Ranch
Afternoon
Round 0

Reiko nodded to the woman. “Hello, then, Huck,” she said. “Guess I just don’t know what a Boy’s Ranch is. After all, you’re not a boy,” she pointed out with a smile. She followed Huck and George to the Big House. It sounded like reinforcements were on the way. She hoped the Behemoth could have a missile ready to take down the gates and get in here to help them if trouble happened.

***
Conditions
Reiko Tanaka Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 30/30
Bennies: 3/3
Assassin: +2 damage when striking a foe unawares.
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10.
  • Bonuses doubled on a ley line.
McGyver: No negative penalties on Trait rolls for not having tools, and may jury-rig temporary gadgets.
Mighty Blow: When dealt a Joker, the character doubles her total damage when making a successful Fighting attack this round.
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
Adventure Card
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
Conditions
Last Stand: +2 Parry (11) and Toughness (15) for Reiko and all adjacent allies (George) until a Joker is dealt
Agility d12 (2r)
Cyber-Kinetic Combat: -2 to hit with tech
Deflection: -2 to hit, -3 to be hit at range. (2r)
Fighting d12+1, Parry 9 (2r)
Pace: 16
Smite: +2 damage, +2 AP (d10+2d8+2, AP 8) (2r)
Spirit d8 (2r)
Stealth d12+2 (2r)
Strength d10 (2r)
Vigor d8, Toughness 13 (4) (2r)
Reiko Tanaka Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 10/30
Bennies: 3/3
Assassin: +2 damage when striking a foe unawares.
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10.
  • Bonuses doubled on a ley line.
McGyver: No negative penalties on Trait rolls for not having tools, and may jury-rig temporary gadgets.
Mighty Blow: When dealt a Joker, the character doubles her total damage when making a successful Fighting attack this round.
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
Adventure Card

User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Carlos » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:39 am

Carlos looks at the stranger then says, "Make talk drum."

He is not good with English, but he is pretty sure this fellow is already uneasy, and activating his magic headband to facilitate communications might make him even more so. For people who are technological, as this man appears to be, such a strange magic can be frightening. A scared person is much more likely to attack.

He points to the pieces he has laid out, "Drumhead, body, bind-cord. Make two drum just same."

Quite possibly the man will think Carlos is a necromancer if he mentions putting magic in the drum, so he leaves out that part...Eco-wizards are NOT necromancers, but are often confused for them.

As long as the man is talking and not attacking, things are not going bad.
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 8: 8 Wild Notice 1d6 = 1: 1 Notice Ace 1d8 = 5: 5 Notice=13 (2 raises)
Spirit 1d8 = 5: 5 Wild Persuade 1d6 = 5: 5 Not having persuade or diplomacy or whatever, just throwing this in. I figure I should roll SOMETHING Spirit/diplomacy = 5
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
Hobo Joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Location: Riding the Rails to Stardom

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Hobo Joe » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:00 pm

Local Conditions wrote: CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Outside Boy's Ranch
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1415 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: clear sky, 75 degrees F. 75% humidity, light breeze
  • Visibility: very good
Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

NO WE'RE NOT IN PARADISE
Ranch Aerial View
Image
Work on the Behemoth continues. The more the Hospitallers dive into this radio encryption, the more frightening the implications become. This is really serious shit, and if this Freeman is telling the truth, General Underhill(1) might as well be listening. They report in to Big Al, but they don't know why a site like this would have such an encryption at all. "But, what really worries me," Carol says to Al, "Is why this ranch sent out a transmission on a CS signal as soon as we got here."

"You ain't right in the head, ain't ya, boy." The rider snorts a little. He doesn't move away. In fact he lets the rifle rest on its sling as he bends forward for a closer look at Carlos' contraction. With another derisive snort the human sits back up. He rests one hand on the stock and one on the barrel of the rifle, a terrible position for fighting. He's fascinated by what Carlos is doing.

WHAT ABOUT US
Ranch Enlargement
Image
"Huh, I guess." Huck says in response to Reiko's comment, a little skeptical maybe. She reacts more in line with her friendly demeanor to George, saying, "Good to meet you George. And the Boss likes to be addressed as Boss. Smart to ask. Smart." Her words sort of trail off as they reach a dry stacked stone wall about three feet high, extending between the Big House and the Barracks. A solid wood gate leads into a yard behind the Big House. This yard is enclosed on one side by a similar stone wall, jutting out at 90 degrees from the main wall. The house itself forms one side of the enclosure. The other two sides are enclosed by six foot high chainlink fences, with large iron rods placed vertically through the chainlink and driven into the dirt, spaced about three feet on center. It's an odd detail. The other odd detail is that this area is covered in fake grass. While clearly fake, this isn't just some cheapo crap, it looks pretty good.

The rear of the house has a large veranda. It has light sort of feeling, but on closer look there are heavy shutters ready to slam shut at a moments notice. Typical colonial style furniture is arranged under the cover.

Placed on the "grass" just north of the veranda is a four piece set of black, wrought iron chairs with cushions with circular table match. An armless, backless, teak bench sits nearby. The table is set with placemats and tableware. Small saucers with delicate tea-cups on on the placemats, with large glass tumblers just off to the side. There is a silver tea set and a large earthenware pitcher in the center. A small ice bucket sits next to a small bowl full of mint leaves on a silver tray with delicate decorations around the edges. A couple unmarked bottles of clear liquid also sit on the tray. Another small plate holds some finger sandwiches of white bread and some sort of creamy filling.

At the western most fence, two heavily armed and armored guards stand at a relaxed but professional position. There is a very large well dressed gentleman seated on the bench. He spills out over the front and back, his feet up on a foot stool. The finger sandwich in his hand looks comically small. A tall glass with ice, a long stirring stick and a few crushed mint leaves sits on the bench next to him. As George and Reiko enter the yard, he is daintily dabbing his mouth with a lacy white cloth napkin.

"So, you're here to trade. But, first sit and have some refreshments, light conversation, and then to business," he says in an airy voice with an unidentifiable, but somewhat clipped accent. The "r's" are soft and everything is voiced with a nasal aspect. There is some sense that this is an affected mannerism, but everything about him seems like it's trying too hard for something. One look at George and he reaches into his his breast pocket and taps quickly on a small phone like device. A few seconds later, a pair of cowboys carry another stout bench into the yard. "My good sir, have a seat, it will hold."

What are you doing?

GM Notes:
  1. Coalition States General Ross Underhill of Special Ops, one of the Emperor's inner circle.
  2. Reiko--Roll Notice!
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe


Nameless:
  • Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6


Murder Hobos:

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Gorgeous George » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:25 am

Al Notice 6, George Notice 13, George Persuasion 9 because he's just that damned pretty
Big Al Notice 1d4+2 = 6: 4
Wild BA Notice 1d6+2 = 5: 3

Gorgeous George Notice 1d4 = 3: 3
Wild GG Notice 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 12: 6 Ace 1d6+12 = 13: 1

George Persuasion (Make a good first impression) 1d8+6 = 8: 2
Wild Persuasion 1d6+6 = 9: 3

Carol's voice buzzes in George's ear. "Boss, seriously, you need to watch yourself. From what Freeman says, this signal means we're looking at some sort of CS High Command op, or something. Don't do anything reckless." Meanwhile, Big Al starts making estimates on how long it would take Tiny to cover the distance between their current position and the Big Gate at a full trot--just in case. He also makes sure the engines are primed and sends a couple of Hospitallers down to the lab to make sure everything is secured for an all-out run.

George chuckles at Huck. "Hey, you come to someone's house, and they let you in, you play nice and wipe your feet. Best lessons learned early." Then he follows her to the veranda.

George smiles at his host, nodding--and again, leaving the radio on so the folks back at Tiny have some idea what's going on. "Why, that'd be lovely. Thanks for the hospitality, it's most appreciated." He gives a big, approving thump to the heavy-duty bench that was brought out, then motions for Reiko to take a seat next to himself. "And since this is a friendly chat..." He reaches up and pops the face-plate on the helmet, breaking the seal and letting his deep gaze meet his host's (and incidentally, giving the guards an unarmored place to target--a show of respect and good intention, he hopes). "I take it, then, that you're the Boss, here? It's an impressive operation, just based on the size alone. You must be good at what you do." He extends a massive hand, offering a surprisingly gentle shake--a surgeon's hands are trained to apply only the amount of pressure you want to, after all. "George is the name, there's some as call me 'Gorgeous', and this is my associate, Reiko."
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Skills: Healing d10+4; Know: Cyber d6+2; Know: Med d6+2; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d10+2; Persuasion d10; Shooting d4+2; Fighting d6; Piloting d4; Notice d4; Know: Bio d4; Stealth d4+2
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6 (-4 w/ CS)
Edges: Healer, I Know A Guy, Brave, Investigator, Scholar, V. Attractive, Charismatic, Scrounger, Battle Hardened, Elan, Connections: Black Market/Pecos Bandits
Weapon in Tail: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol; In Hand: Claws
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
Vulnerability: +4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 3/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster/Robot Jock
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Piloting d6; Healing d6; Fighting d4; Notice d4; Faith d8; Taunt d6+2; Intimidate d6+2; Repair d4; Survival d4; Know: Arc d6
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Edges: Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
HindrancesSmall, Pacifist, Quirk: Does not speak to George
Tiny ((Behemoth Robot Armor):
  • Size 8, Strength d12+6, Toughness 40 (18 MDC), Pace 7; Sensor Package (+2 Notice); Targeting computer (cancels 2 points of Shooting Penalties); Fully stocked Med-Bay; Missile launchers
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Reiko Tanaka
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Reiko Tanaka » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:04 am

Boy’s Ranch
Afternoon
Round 0
Notice 19
Notice 1d8 = 8: 8
Ace 1d8+8 = 16: 8
Ace 1d8+16 = 19: 3
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
So Huck didn’t like her. Reiko figured she should stop asking so many questions. So she settled for taking everything in, the low wall and wooden gate, the fake grass, the chain link fence, and most particularly the armed guards and the large man at the garden table.

Reiko paused when they reached the table. When George sat, Reiko remained standing for a bit. She wasn’t sure about removing the faceplate of her armor, but finally she followed his example, removing the black mask, revealing the fact her face was painted in the traditional geisha style, with white paint, red lips, and black-lined eyes. Unlike most Japanese, she had water eyes, very blue, striking and beautiful.

Reiko gave a proper formal bow when introduced and then took her seat. She noticed the tea set. Her instincts were to prepare George a cup, but she did not know him well enough to know what he liked.

“Tea, sir? Or something else?” she asked George quietly, examining the spread of options.

***
Conditions
Reiko Tanaka Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 30/30
Bennies: 3/3
Assassin: +2 damage when striking a foe unawares.
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10.
  • Bonuses doubled on a ley line.
McGyver: No negative penalties on Trait rolls for not having tools, and may jury-rig temporary gadgets.
Mighty Blow: When dealt a Joker, the character doubles her total damage when making a successful Fighting attack this round.
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
Adventure Card
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
Conditions
Last Stand: +2 Parry (11) and Toughness (15) for Reiko and all adjacent allies (George) until a Joker is dealt
Agility d12 (2r)
Cyber-Kinetic Combat: -2 to hit with tech
Deflection: -2 to hit, -3 to be hit at range. (2r)
Fighting d12+1, Parry 9 (2r)
Pace: 16
Smite: +2 damage, +2 AP (d10+2d8+2, AP 8) (2r)
Spirit d8 (2r)
Stealth d12+2 (2r)
Strength d10 (2r)
Vigor d8, Toughness 13 (4) (2r)
Reiko Tanaka Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 10/30
Bennies: 3/3
Assassin: +2 damage when striking a foe unawares.
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10.
  • Bonuses doubled on a ley line.
McGyver: No negative penalties on Trait rolls for not having tools, and may jury-rig temporary gadgets.
Mighty Blow: When dealt a Joker, the character doubles her total damage when making a successful Fighting attack this round.
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
Adventure Card

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Gorgeous George » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:33 am

George nods to Reiko. "Tea will do just fine, thank you, Reiko. Three sugars, please."
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Skills: Healing d10+4; Know: Cyber d6+2; Know: Med d6+2; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d10+2; Persuasion d10; Shooting d4+2; Fighting d6; Piloting d4; Notice d4; Know: Bio d4; Stealth d4+2
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6 (-4 w/ CS)
Edges: Healer, I Know A Guy, Brave, Investigator, Scholar, V. Attractive, Charismatic, Scrounger, Battle Hardened, Elan, Connections: Black Market/Pecos Bandits
Weapon in Tail: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol; In Hand: Claws
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
Vulnerability: +4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 3/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster/Robot Jock
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Piloting d6; Healing d6; Fighting d4; Notice d4; Faith d8; Taunt d6+2; Intimidate d6+2; Repair d4; Survival d4; Know: Arc d6
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Edges: Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
HindrancesSmall, Pacifist, Quirk: Does not speak to George
Tiny ((Behemoth Robot Armor):
  • Size 8, Strength d12+6, Toughness 40 (18 MDC), Pace 7; Sensor Package (+2 Notice); Targeting computer (cancels 2 points of Shooting Penalties); Fully stocked Med-Bay; Missile launchers
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Reiko Tanaka
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Reiko Tanaka » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:00 am

Boy’s Ranch
Afternoon
Round 0

Reiko nodded to George. She stood up from her seat again to stand beside the table. The tea was already prepared, so she just needed to pour. She lifted the pot with all grace, the angle of her arm, her wrist, he fingers in precise place, designed for beauty and perfection. It was harder to do in her armor, but she was well trained and practiced at the art of tea as she poured for George and added the sugar.

“Is that acceptable?” she asked, her voice holding that breathy anticipation of approval that men loved so much.

***
Conditions
Reiko Tanaka Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 30/30
Bennies: 3/3
Assassin: +2 damage when striking a foe unawares.
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10.
  • Bonuses doubled on a ley line.
McGyver: No negative penalties on Trait rolls for not having tools, and may jury-rig temporary gadgets.
Mighty Blow: When dealt a Joker, the character doubles her total damage when making a successful Fighting attack this round.
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
Adventure Card
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
Conditions
Last Stand: +2 Parry (11) and Toughness (15) for Reiko and all adjacent allies (George) until a Joker is dealt
Agility d12 (2r)
Cyber-Kinetic Combat: -2 to hit with tech
Deflection: -2 to hit, -3 to be hit at range. (2r)
Fighting d12+1, Parry 9 (2r)
Pace: 16
Smite: +2 damage, +2 AP (d10+2d8+2, AP 8) (2r)
Spirit d8 (2r)
Stealth d12+2 (2r)
Strength d10 (2r)
Vigor d8, Toughness 13 (4) (2r)
Reiko Tanaka Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 10/30
Bennies: 3/3
Assassin: +2 damage when striking a foe unawares.
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10.
  • Bonuses doubled on a ley line.
McGyver: No negative penalties on Trait rolls for not having tools, and may jury-rig temporary gadgets.
Mighty Blow: When dealt a Joker, the character doubles her total damage when making a successful Fighting attack this round.
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
Adventure Card

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Gorgeous George » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:43 am

George chuckled mentally--he'd have to talk to Reiko later, just to make sure this was just her playing a part for the benefit of the ranch Boss. Though I admit, I could get used to this.... Bad George, no biscuit! Aloud, he merely nodded and said, "Yes, that will do fine, thank you, Reiko."
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Skills: Healing d10+4; Know: Cyber d6+2; Know: Med d6+2; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d10+2; Persuasion d10; Shooting d4+2; Fighting d6; Piloting d4; Notice d4; Know: Bio d4; Stealth d4+2
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6 (-4 w/ CS)
Edges: Healer, I Know A Guy, Brave, Investigator, Scholar, V. Attractive, Charismatic, Scrounger, Battle Hardened, Elan, Connections: Black Market/Pecos Bandits
Weapon in Tail: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol; In Hand: Claws
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
Vulnerability: +4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 3/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster/Robot Jock
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Piloting d6; Healing d6; Fighting d4; Notice d4; Faith d8; Taunt d6+2; Intimidate d6+2; Repair d4; Survival d4; Know: Arc d6
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Edges: Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
HindrancesSmall, Pacifist, Quirk: Does not speak to George
Tiny ((Behemoth Robot Armor):
  • Size 8, Strength d12+6, Toughness 40 (18 MDC), Pace 7; Sensor Package (+2 Notice); Targeting computer (cancels 2 points of Shooting Penalties); Fully stocked Med-Bay; Missile launchers
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Carlos » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:46 am

Carlos stated, "Head work, not talk good."

At least he does not seem to think Carlos dangerous. Carlos would rather not fight when not needed. It is all part of his waste-not want not philosophy, do not waste aggression, there will come a time to fight, but fighting without need is a waste of time and energy.

Now, how to place the bat skulls on the tensioning cords without impairing the ability to compress the drums for tension...?
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 5: 5 Wild Notice 1d6 = 1: 1
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
John Freeman
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by John Freeman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:27 am

Still not happy with the tactical situation, Freeman continues to ID potential targets for a quick assault to free any of the team caught inside.

Pop up, jam the radar, destroy ground to air targets. He thinks as he marks vectors and targets on his heads-up-display. Stay low inside the ranch walls, most of their stuff probably points out and cover our boys as they retreat. Grenade volley the front gate to make an exit.

He maps his flight path through the ranch so he doesn't have to think about it later. After he has his own plan down he thinks about the Behemoth, it will no doubt be a big target. Hopefully it can take a few hits, while Freeman finds any other weapons sites and takes them out.

Taking up a position behind a rise, he hovers, waiting for the shit to hit the fan so he can begin his assault run.

This is going to be craptastic.
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30

Initiative: Quick Edge (redraw action cards of 5 or higher)

User avatar
Hobo Joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Location: Riding the Rails to Stardom

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Hobo Joe » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:12 pm

Local Conditions wrote: CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Outside Boy's Ranch
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1425 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: clear sky, 75 degrees F. 75% humidity, light breeze
  • Visibility: very good
Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

HEY YOU, GET TO WORK
Ranch Aerial View
Image
With his engines throttled down as he's "hiding" Freeman can start to hear things going on in the environment. He's far enough away he can't see the gate or the main group of buildings. So the steady "tink, ting, tink, ting, tink, ting" that he can faintly hear coming from somewhere not far away is definitely not from the main camp. There may be other sounds as well, but they are still muffled by the jet engines by his ears. The high pitched, sharp noises continue. Then deep in his bones hie feels the ultrasonic rumble of some heavy equipment moving across the earth. It's the crack, or whatever you call it, it's all coming from there.

Freeman and the Behemoth team pick up a transmission that is quite disturbing, slight garbled through the patchwork decryption it says: "We're ready....waiting for Boss' signal...place...countdown...minutes....secure the guests...and the real guests hahaha...copy...Boss's signal, right."

"Hmm, boy, you ain't one of them can'bals, is ya? You ain't seem like one. Yer weird." The man shifts in the saddle. "When is it you are gonna finish? I want to see this contraption work." the man says, even Carlos can tell the man is genuinely interested. Then he sits up straight and a muffled, "Yeah, roger that." The man's whole posture has changed. He's not longer watching Carlos is doing, he's watching Carlos. Carlos notices the change too. It's not often he gets that sort of open interest and not just fear, so when it abruptly changed, it raised the hairs on his neck.

A LAID BACK LIFESTYLE
Ranch Enlargement
Image
Back Yard Diagram
Image
Sorry for the low quality. Red and Yellow are the guards, and they are not currently shooting, just finding quick figures. White is fat man Boss. Blue is Huck. Black figure is Reiko (she's a ninja after all!). Brown is George. The furniture is ugly and not right, but for a diagram it will do.
As Reiko goes through her ritual, the Boss watches George. George notices that the obsequiousness of the ninja sidekick does not go without notice and the Boss's lips smile ever so slightly at the display of a master-servant relationship. "Size isn't everything, as you and I both know." the Boss says with a refined chuckle, lifting his mint julep in salute to George. "Huck, you're done now," he says in a much more commanding and harsher tone. Huck scampers out, all the swagger and bravado she'd displayed before completely concealed or maybe just gone.

Looking back to George after dismissing his underling, the Boss resumes his polite, civilized conversation, "Your 'associate' is quite stunning. I'm sure beyond beauty she provides other services." He chuckles as if he had made some hilarious joke, "All I mean good sir is that I suspect she is quite the capable body guard." He smiles, and takes a dainty nibble of another sandwich. "Company, well spoken especially, is a gift, but we are men of business. I believe we should get to it. What is it you have to offer me?"

Attempted charm and real charm are vastly different. Both George and Reiko have been around the real movers and shakers of the world and it's painfully clear this guy will never be one no matter how much he tries. It just doesn't fit. He has his people cowed, but his charisma is not the reason. The man is however, not completely under George's thrall, but he is certainly curious. Judging by his micro-expressions and his language, he is impressed by George. George might reflect the idea of power that this man craves. Size isn't all that matters, that is true, but George has a gravitas this man envies and craves. Not to mention a gorgeous assassin bodyguard. The lust is clear to both George and Reiko, and it's a lust for power over people.

Reiko's eyes roam over the back yard area. Her ears attentive to the smallest sounds. With her face plate open, she can feel the breeze. There is an ozone smell in the air, some or all of these fences are electrified with a high amperage. She can hear the buzz. The rods are indeed mysterious, but she thinks she knows what they are. Some areas are plagued by supernatural energy beings, entities1, that are invisible to the human eye. She doesn't know a lot about them, but she does know that some folklore states that iron staves will hinder the entity, and keep it from entering an enclosed area. As she follows the line of staves around the camp, from what she can see, the iron staves protect the living quarters.

As the conversation continues, the Boss seems perfectly amenable to George. But he makes a small motion at one point, innocuous really. Reiko would have dismissed it as a careless gesture, but as soon as he made it, the two guards looked at each other and shifted into a more ready stance.

What are you doing?

GM Notes:
  1. Entities are described on page 76 of Rifts Conversion Book 3: Dark Conversions if you want to learn more. But the really horrific entities are found in one of my favorite Rifts Worldbooks, WB 29: Madhaven pg 109.
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe


Nameless:
  • Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6


Murder Hobos:

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Gorgeous George » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:01 pm

George decides to neither confirm nor deny any implications about Reiko's 'duties', beyond simply nodding at the end of the Boss' spiel. "Yes, she's an excellent bodyguard--which is useful for goodwill runs like this, you see. Makes it easier for me to be nice an' friendly, and accept invitations to tea." He drinks sips for a bit, sighs happily, and nods--and, of course, continuing to let the conversation get radio'ed back to Tiny.

"Business it is. We're basically on a goodwill mission--looking to make friends with folks. To that end, we're offering our services--medical, scientific, technical, animal husbandry--we got a pretty eclectic group, so almost anything you might be needing a hand with, we can probably provide some sort of assistance. In exchange, well, like I said, this is an overture of friendship. Mainly, we'd like to keep getting a friendly reception when we--or maybe other teams with the Tomorrow Legion--come by. Now, if you've got all your bases covered, well, then, we may just want to see if you've got food and such you'd be willing to sell to us, at a fair rate--sometimes, fresh vittles are a nice change from field rations, you know?"

It takes a level head to track two conversations at once, but George manages it, as Carol comes over again. "Boss, still no signs of actual trouble, but something's about to happen, prolly in the next few minutes--but it might just be some part of their business they like to keep secret. Please watch your back down there. Also, we may not be the only non-locals here--they said something about two groups of 'guests', but no other details yet."
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Skills: Healing d10+4; Know: Cyber d6+2; Know: Med d6+2; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d10+2; Persuasion d10; Shooting d4+2; Fighting d6; Piloting d4; Notice d4; Know: Bio d4; Stealth d4+2
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6 (-4 w/ CS)
Edges: Healer, I Know A Guy, Brave, Investigator, Scholar, V. Attractive, Charismatic, Scrounger, Battle Hardened, Elan, Connections: Black Market/Pecos Bandits
Weapon in Tail: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol; In Hand: Claws
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
Vulnerability: +4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 3/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster/Robot Jock
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Piloting d6; Healing d6; Fighting d4; Notice d4; Faith d8; Taunt d6+2; Intimidate d6+2; Repair d4; Survival d4; Know: Arc d6
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Edges: Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
HindrancesSmall, Pacifist, Quirk: Does not speak to George
Tiny ((Behemoth Robot Armor):
  • Size 8, Strength d12+6, Toughness 40 (18 MDC), Pace 7; Sensor Package (+2 Notice); Targeting computer (cancels 2 points of Shooting Penalties); Fully stocked Med-Bay; Missile launchers
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
John Freeman
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by John Freeman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:17 pm

Notice 21
Notice 1d8 = 8: 8
Ace 1d8 = 8: 8
Ace 1d8 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
The sounds coming from the nearby chasm finally peak Freeman's curiosity enough to have a look. Hell might as well see what we're dealing with before it happens rather than waiting for the hurt to come to us. Knowing there's no such thing as stealth when you have a jet engine strapped to your back he still tries to keep a low profile by hugging the terrain and trying to find a rise or hill that he can stay behind. He has good telescopic range, so no need to get too close, just find a nice place to hide behind and hover. As he hovers he slowly inches upward until his helmet is over the peak, then he uses image magnification to have a look around.
OOC Comments
There is a term for this technique that scout helicopters use, but damned if I can remember it or find it online
Investigation 7
Investigation 1d8+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 7: 5
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30

Initiative: Quick Edge (redraw action cards of 5 or higher)

User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Carlos » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:41 pm

Carlos considers trying to explain...and then says, "Need make both drum just same so sound same of used. Not hurry if want do right." That is true, though it leaves out the magic part.

He also considers trying to explain that Cannible is a very inexact term and it is generally applied inaccurately to his race as it is member of OTHER species they tend to eat, but decides that would NOT help the situation at all even if he could find the words.

He finally starts the actual construction. First two hoops, one at each end, then arrange the ribs between the hoops, then place the tension line in the middle and attach the drumheads. Only then tighten down the drumheads.

He firsts tests the drums themselves, seeing if he can actually produce the drum "phrases" that make the drums "talk". It is about the magic of symbolism...sometimes the best symbol for a thing IS the thing. So the best symbol for a communications device is an actual communications device.

Even though he places the enchantment on the drums as he works, he forgoes activating the magic...some people are made uncomfortable by magic
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 4: 4 Wild Notice 1d6 = 6: 6 Wile Notice Ace 1d6 = 4: 4 Notice 10 = 1 Raise
Eco-wizardry 1d10 = 10: 10 EW Ace 1d10 = 7: 7 Wild EW 1d6 = 6: 6 Wild EW Ace 1d6 = 3: 3 Eco-wizardry 17=3 raises
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
Reiko Tanaka
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Reiko Tanaka » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:03 am

Boy’s Ranch
Afternoon
Round 0

Reiko nodded and straightened. She looked to the boss man of the ranch in case he would like some as well, performing the same intricate service for him before pouring her own cup of tea. “Huck?” Reiko offers the woman that led them back here, but the woman scampers off as she is dismissed by the fat man.

Reiko noticed the way the boss looked at her. She had grown up with it, expected it. Lust, yes, but not necessarily for the pleasures of the flesh, though that was undoubtedly there. No, it was power over her. He wanted to own her as he assumed George did. She kept the pleasant, beautiful smile on her face. Let them underestimate her.

Nothing changed in Reiko’s expression, though her eyes did dart to the guards as they shifted stance. She tensed and gave George a meaningful look. They didn’t know each other well, hadn’t worked together, so the nonverbal communication of those that had worked together long wasn’t there. She couldn’t warn him.

Reiko fought with her instincts. She wanted to plunge her blade into the fat man before he could strike, but she had to remind herself she was a cyber-knight now. Such preemptive action would be dishonorable.

So instead she prepared two more cups and walked over to the guards. “Tea?” she offered with a pleasant, beautiful smile.

***
Conditions
Reiko Tanaka Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 30/30
Bennies: 3/3
Assassin: +2 damage when striking a foe unawares.
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10.
  • Bonuses doubled on a ley line.
McGyver: No negative penalties on Trait rolls for not having tools, and may jury-rig temporary gadgets.
Mighty Blow: When dealt a Joker, the character doubles her total damage when making a successful Fighting attack this round.
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
Adventure Card
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
Conditions
Last Stand: +2 Parry (11) and Toughness (15) for Reiko and all adjacent allies (George) until a Joker is dealt
Agility d12 (2r)
Cyber-Kinetic Combat: -2 to hit with tech
Deflection: -2 to hit, -3 to be hit at range. (2r)
Fighting d12+1, Parry 9 (2r)
Pace: 16
Smite: +2 damage, +2 AP (d10+2d8+2, AP 8) (2r)
Spirit d8 (2r)
Stealth d12+2 (2r)
Strength d10 (2r)
Vigor d8, Toughness 13 (4) (2r)
Reiko Tanaka Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 10/30
Bennies: 3/3
Assassin: +2 damage when striking a foe unawares.
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10.
  • Bonuses doubled on a ley line.
McGyver: No negative penalties on Trait rolls for not having tools, and may jury-rig temporary gadgets.
Mighty Blow: When dealt a Joker, the character doubles her total damage when making a successful Fighting attack this round.
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
Adventure Card

User avatar
Hobo Joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Location: Riding the Rails to Stardom

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Hobo Joe » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:13 am

Local Conditions wrote: CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Outside Boy's Ranch
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1430 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: clear sky, 75 degrees F. 75% humidity, light breeze
  • Visibility: very good
Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

BUSINESS UP FRONT (George, Reiko)
Ranch Enlargement
Image
Back Yard Diagram
Image
Sorry for the low quality. Red and Yellow are the guards, and they are not currently shooting, just finding quick figures. White is fat man Boss. Blue is Huck. Black figure is Reiko (she's a ninja after all!). Brown is George. The furniture is ugly and not right, but for a diagram it will do.
"So, you are emissaries from this Tomorrow Legion." the fat man says. His nasal voice pitched slightly higher as he says it. His tongue parts his lips and his eyes become just slightly more beady for a moment. "Tomorrow Legion, yes, I have heard of your group. This is the first time you have made it this far west, I suppose." He lifts the sandwich to his mouth, but pauses before he takes a bite. "We, are not farmers. I'm afraid," he takes a bite, but it's with more force than his nibbles before. The filling smears out around the sides of his mouth. He chews for a second without closing his mouth, masticating for all to see. It's a split second slip, but Reiko and George pick up on it. "I'm afraid you have nothing to offer us."

He sets his glass on the table. Then he gives the slight nod, to no one in particular.

The two guards bring their weapons to bear on Reiko and George. Huck returns from around the corner with two other large guards, the ones from out in the road.

"George, with your...species...characteristic strengths, we do however have a place for you," the Boss says, his tone losing all its false charm. But the salaciousness of his face, eyes and the moisture glistening in the soiled corners of his mouth, are grotesque, destroy any air of civility he'd been intimating, when his eyes linger on Reiko. "You, my lovely, yes..."

--------

Back in the Behemoth, they are witnessing a different type of trouble brewing. Over west of compound the Templars notice a brief moment when the guy in the SAMAS, Freeman, pops up briefly on the radar. He drops out of sight again. A couple minutes later, though, his location is easy to guess. Huge plumes of smoke and the bright flashes of energy weapons appear right where Freeman would likely be at this very moment. Probably.

PARTY IN THE BACK(Carlos, Big Al, Freeman)
Ranch Aerial View
Image
The guard is fascinated by what Carlos is doing. He keeps up a steady stream of questions. Then suddenly he stiffens up. Even as he raises his rifle to Carlos, he says, "Man, I'm sorry. I got a job, y'understand it ain't personal."

--------

Freeman flies low and hops over the fence, exposing himself momentarily to search radar. He zooms across the dry earth and lonesome shrubs, leaving a plume of dust twenty feet tall. He reaches a good vantage to observe the large canyon, a crack fifty feet
wide at it's narrowest and deepest point of a hundred feet or so, on the southern end, and it broadens out to about a hundred and fifty feet and a thirty feet deep. He sees, and even over the engines, hears what's going on inside. Groups of men staggering around under large burdens of grey rock. They are piling them into big metal bins on heavy wheels on light track. The track leads to a Cargonaut with three trailers.

Along the floor are several stations where individual stones are being tested somehow. Five or six separate mine entrances lead into the on the west side of the canyon. On the east side of the canyon, are hovels and warrens cut into the side of the rock, all barred and locked, like cages.

There area has about forty workers. Another thirty, at least, are in the cages. They are all grubby wearing tattered jumpsuits. Freeman recognizes the jumpsuits immediately despite the dirts and tears. They are CS prisoner outfits. The eight guards are almost all in heavy EBA, almost all of them some Black Market or Norther Gun model. Except for four CS Grunts, three corporals and one sergeant, who are in CA-7 Commando Armor. A fifth CS soldier is there too. He is an officer, wearing CA-3 Light Deadboy Armor. His markings indicate a Technical Officer. There are a dozen FASSAR-30 "New Style" Skelebots standing guard.
Southern End of Map
Middle Part of Map
[Nothern End of Map

Annnnnnnnd.... a few automated rifles (NG-101-ARG Automated Rail Gun) start shooting and a couple NG NMX-18 Stinger Anti-Flyer Mines that explode when he's within range. Once the bombs went off people in the canyon responded shooting like crazy.

Wooooohoooo looks like folks is fightin!
Initiative
  • Freeman AD
    Huck+2 JS
    Reiko 9H
    George 5D
    Red Blue 5C
    Guards 4H
    CS 4C
    Boss 3S
    Carlos 2C
What are you doing?

GM Notes:
  1. Freeman is in the most complex battle, map coming soon!
  2. Everyone else (George, Reiko, and Carlos) are within 10 feet of their opponents.
  3. Entities are described on page 76 of Rifts Conversion Book 3: Dark Conversions if you want to learn more. But the really horrific entities are found in one of my favorite Rifts Worldbooks, WB 29: Madhaven pg 109.
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe


Nameless:
  • Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6


Murder Hobos:

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Gorgeous George » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Persuasion 16 on Huck and the two with her
1d8+6 = 12: 6
1d6+6 = 12: 6 ACE 1d6+6 = 10: 4 TOtal: 16
George's response to the situation changing is simple and direct, the order going out over the radio. "Teatime's over, folks, take 'em down."

Then, having taken his measure of the boss, as he stands and lowers the visor on his armor, he looks to Huck and the two who came around the corner. "Workin' here is a bad deal--I seen more of you all lookin' afraid of the Big Boss than actually liking him. Anyone who just stands down gets a pass from having to deal with the cyber-knight. Anyone who switches sides and gives us a hand gets a job with the Legion when all this is through. Best part is, your new boss won't be a lecherous heap of dragon fewmets."

And with that, he steps over to stand in front of the Boss as Reiko goes to work on the folks who're too slow to stand down. "You done violated the rules of hospitality, son. That'll cost you."

**********

Onboard Tiny, the crew, already on tenterhooks, moves into action, the Behemoth moving to assist Carlos, first, since he's the the closest to their position.
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Skills: Healing d10+4; Know: Cyber d6+2; Know: Med d6+2; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d10+2; Persuasion d10; Shooting d4+2; Fighting d6; Piloting d4; Notice d4; Know: Bio d4; Stealth d4+2
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6 (-4 w/ CS)
Edges: Healer, I Know A Guy, Brave, Investigator, Scholar, V. Attractive, Charismatic, Scrounger, Battle Hardened, Elan, Connections: Black Market/Pecos Bandits
Weapon in Tail: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol; In Hand: Claws
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
Vulnerability: +4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 3/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster/Robot Jock
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Piloting d6; Healing d6; Fighting d4; Notice d4; Faith d8; Taunt d6+2; Intimidate d6+2; Repair d4; Survival d4; Know: Arc d6
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Edges: Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
HindrancesSmall, Pacifist, Quirk: Does not speak to George
Tiny ((Behemoth Robot Armor):
  • Size 8, Strength d12+6, Toughness 40 (18 MDC), Pace 7; Sensor Package (+2 Notice); Targeting computer (cancels 2 points of Shooting Penalties); Fully stocked Med-Bay; Missile launchers
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Reiko Tanaka
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Reiko Tanaka » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:12 am

Boy’s Ranch
Afternoon
Round 0

Reiko wasn’t even waiting for George’s order. She was already powering up the nanites infused into her body. The teacups she had been offering to the two guards dropped to the artificial turf and her psi-sword appeared as shadows shrouded her body, her face plate dropping closed and sealing.

Before the cups had even hit the ground or the guards pulled their guns, Reiko was already doing a flip, soaring through the air between them and landing behind them. She lashed out at both guards with her psi-sword.

Free actions 20 ISP
Activate cyber-armor: +2 Toughness (already included)

Activate psi-sword

Boost Agility 2; Fail
Psionics 1d8 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1

Boost Fighting 8; Raise to d12+1
Psionics 1d8 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 8: 2

Boost Spirit 5 to d8
Psionics 1d8 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3

Boost Stealth 5 to d10+2
Psionics 1d8 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2

Boost Strength 9; Raise to d10
Psionics 1d8 = 8: 8
Ace 1d8+8 = 9: 1
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3

Boost Vigor 7 to d8
Psionics 1d8 = 7: 7
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2

Deflection 6; Success
Psionics 1d8 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3

Smite 7; Success; +2 damage
Psionics 1d8 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Benny to reroll and avoid brainburn
Psionics 1d8 = 7: 7
Wild Invalid dice code!
Last edited by Reiko Tanaka on Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conditions
Last Stand: +2 Parry (11) and Toughness (15) for Reiko and all adjacent allies (George) until a Joker is dealt
Agility d12 (2r)
Cyber-Kinetic Combat: -2 to hit with tech
Deflection: -2 to hit, -3 to be hit at range. (2r)
Fighting d12+1, Parry 9 (2r)
Pace: 16
Smite: +2 damage, +2 AP (d10+2d8+2, AP 8) (2r)
Spirit d8 (2r)
Stealth d12+2 (2r)
Strength d10 (2r)
Vigor d8, Toughness 13 (4) (2r)
Reiko Tanaka Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 10/30
Bennies: 3/3
Assassin: +2 damage when striking a foe unawares.
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10.
  • Bonuses doubled on a ley line.
McGyver: No negative penalties on Trait rolls for not having tools, and may jury-rig temporary gadgets.
Mighty Blow: When dealt a Joker, the character doubles her total damage when making a successful Fighting attack this round.
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
Adventure Card

User avatar
Reiko Tanaka
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Reiko Tanaka » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:31 am

Continued rolls
I think I might have hit a dice roll limit, so continuing here with the Wild die reroll that won't go through.
Wild 1d12 = 6: 6
Agility Trick 10 opposed roll or -2 to Parry
Agility 1d12 = 10: 10
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Fighting 9
-2 MAP
Fighting 1d12-1 = 6: 7
Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Ace 1d6+4 = 9: 5
Damage 17 AP 8
1d10 = 8: 8 + 2d8+2 = 9: 1, 6
Fighting 4
-2 MAP
Fighting 1d12-1 = 4: 5
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Damage 16 AP 8
1d10 = 4: 4 + 2d8+2 = 12: 4, 6
Conditions
Last Stand: +2 Parry (11) and Toughness (15) for Reiko and all adjacent allies (George) until a Joker is dealt
Agility d12 (2r)
Cyber-Kinetic Combat: -2 to hit with tech
Deflection: -2 to hit, -3 to be hit at range. (2r)
Fighting d12+1, Parry 9 (2r)
Pace: 16
Smite: +2 damage, +2 AP (d10+2d8+2, AP 8) (2r)
Spirit d8 (2r)
Stealth d12+2 (2r)
Strength d10 (2r)
Vigor d8, Toughness 13 (4) (2r)
Reiko Tanaka Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 10/30
Bennies: 3/3
Assassin: +2 damage when striking a foe unawares.
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10.
  • Bonuses doubled on a ley line.
McGyver: No negative penalties on Trait rolls for not having tools, and may jury-rig temporary gadgets.
Mighty Blow: When dealt a Joker, the character doubles her total damage when making a successful Fighting attack this round.
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
Adventure Card

User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Carlos » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:15 pm

Khar-loez is a builder more than a fighter, but he knows all the basics. When confronted by ranged weapons, if you are far away take cover, if you are close get closer and get into Melee. Being close, he draws and charges his Raptor-claw dagger, red and white light limning the blade as the magic activates. He also issues a call to his Ostrosaurus, instructing it to make a flank attack on his target (a flank attack being less likely to have the beast overrun and hit the Simvan as well).
OOC Comments
Fighting 1d6 = 3: 3 Wild Fighting 1d6 = 6: 6 WF Ace 1d6 = 2: 2 Fighting 8=1 raise
Damage 1d4 = 2: 2+ 1d6 = 1: 1 Damage = 3
Riding 1d6 = 3: 3 Wild Riding 1d6 = 6: 6 WR Ace 1d6 = 2: 2 Riding 8=1 raise
Notice 1d8 = 2: 2 Wild Notice 1d6 = 3: 3 Notice=3 Failure

Note, successfully gave command to Orstrasaurus.
The Ostrosaurus makes a flying leap, pouncing at the guard, if the guard tries to dodge the blade, he is likely to be trampled Possibly he will not if he is too close to the Simvan...depending on how good the combat skills of the beast are.
OOC Comments
Fighting 1d8 = 8: 8Fighting Ace 1d8 = 2: 2 Fighting 10=1 raise
Damage 1d12+3 = 9: 6+ 2d6 = 10: 4, 6 Damage 19
Last edited by Carlos on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
John Freeman
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by John Freeman » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:29 pm

Notice 7
Notice 1d8+2 = 7: 5
Wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Persuasion 12
Persuasion 1d10+3 = 5: 2
Wild 1d6+3 = 5: 2
Extra Effort 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace EE 1d6 = 1: 1
Seeing the automated rail guns makes Freeman very nervous, but he just needs to know what the hell is going on down there. Diving into the canyon to prevent the rail guns from having a firing angle, he starts channelling his officer training he goes to town on the group, using the radio frequency that George's boys have already cracked, "Hold you fire and prepare for inspection. This is Captain John Freeman of the 110th Nightstalkers. We caught wind of your operation in a nearby town and suspect your cover is blown. Stand down and prepare to report before we're up to our assholes in do gooders and cyberknights!"
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30

Initiative: Quick Edge (redraw action cards of 5 or higher)

User avatar
Hobo Joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Location: Riding the Rails to Stardom

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Hobo Joe » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:16 am

Local Conditions wrote: CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Outside Boy's Ranch
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1430 r2 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
  • Weather: clear sky, 75 degrees F. 75% humidity, light breeze
  • Visibility: very good
Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

BUSINESS UP FRONT II (George, Reiko)
Ranch Enlargement
Image
Back Yard Diagram
Image
Sorry for the low quality. Red and Yellow are the guards, and they are not currently shooting, just finding quick figures. White is fat man Boss. Blue is Huck. Black figure is Reiko (she's a ninja after all!). Brown is George. The furniture is ugly and not right, but for a diagram it will do.
Huck and her two guards pause to see if the Boss makes the first move. But he doesn't. Reiko does.

There's a flash and Yellow goes down, blood spurting from a slice in his neck. He wiggles for a second and then stops. The blood stains the fake grass. Red manages to turn just in time to avoid Reiko's psi-sword.

Reiko's little display of acrobatics adds significant weight to George's argument. They don't shoot. They stand there. The two guards look at Huck, and she looks back.

But Red is pissed. With Reiko that close, he quickdraws his large vibro-knife and takes a strike out at the cyber-ninja. But he misses, the strike goes wild.

The Boss roars and leaps to his feet with surprising quickness. He lunges forward across the patio and tackles George. George is agile enough to sidestep the charge without too much effort*.


PARTY IN THE BACK II(Carlos, Big Al, Freeman)
Ranch Aerial View
Image
Southern End of Map
Middle Part of Map
[Nothern End of Map

The Behemoth is quickly within range to assist Carlos, but they find he and the outrider in hand to hand combat. Targeting only the guard would be near impossible, especially with the ostrasaurus involved in the melee. The amount of crazy radio chatter they are monitoring is significantly increased from just a few moments ago. Significantly. And a lot with the CS code too.

But the other outrider is faced with the same problem and starts charging in to rescue his companion.

Carlos and his dino launch into the fray knife and teeth and claws. Carlos' knife strikes the cowboy but it turns on the armor. The cowboy turns his robot horse to avoid Carlos, but turns right into the ostrasaurus. The heavy armor isn't heavy enough around the throat to stop the sharp predator's teeth. The dino drags the rider off the horse with plenty of blood spurting around the dino's jaws just to elaborate that he's a goner. Unfortunately Carlos is too busy with the guy on the horse to notice the other guy riding up!

Roaring into the canyon in a totally legit freshly minted prime-grade original model PA-09A Super SAMAS and some very very special security codes to go along with it. It's enough to get the attention of the guards in the canyon, in a good way. "Good" in this case means they don't immediately shoot him. The tech officer looks at him and it's probably his voice that crackles to life in Freeman's ears. "You're who? The code checks out, but we aren't supposed to have any overwatch." Then a moment later he cries out, "They're here! They're here!" on a general CS comm channel. It's a little frantic. The Spec Ops grunts don't panic. A couple of them keep an eye on Freeman while the others start bossing the camp guards around.


Wooooohoooo looks like folks is fightin!
Initiative
  • Reiko AD
    Red JS
    Carlos 10H
    Huck+2 9H
    Guards 5S
    Freeman 5D
    CS 4S
    Boss 4H
    George 3S
What are you doing?

GM Notes:
  1. Boss's Fighting roll was terrible (but not quite as bad as possible)
  2. Everyone else (George, Reiko, and Carlos) are within 10 feet of their opponents.
  3. Entities are described on page 76 of Rifts Conversion Book 3: Dark Conversions if you want to learn more. But the really horrific entities are found in one of my favorite Rifts Worldbooks, WB 29: Madhaven pg 109.
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe


Nameless:
  • Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6


Murder Hobos:

User avatar
Reiko Tanaka
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Reiko Tanaka » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:49 am

Boy’s Ranch
Afternoon
Round 2

When George went down, Reiko took a step in the monkey man’s direction, but it was a feint. When the guard she was fighting moved to attack her, she reversed her psi-sword and jabbed it back at him. Only then did she continue to dash over to George, putting her back to him.
OOC Comments
I realize this gives Red a free shot if I wasn’t able to hit him, which is likely.
Reiko pointed her sword at the Big Fat Boss. “My code as a cyber-knight requires I offer you the chance to surrender, but please, feel free to decline. I would very much like to divine your future using your intestines.”
Adventure Card
I am going to drop Reiko’s Last Stand adventure card to give George and Reiko +2 Parry and Toughness as long as we’re adjacent until a Joker is dealt.
Agility Trick 8 opposed by Agility for -2 Parry
Agility 1d12 = 8: 8
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 8: 2
Fighting 5
Fighting 1d12+1 = 2: 1
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Benny to reroll
Fighting 1d12+1 = 5: 4
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Damage 27 AP 8
1d10 = 10: 10 + 2d8+2 = 8: 2, 4
Ace 1d10+18 = 27: 9
Conditions
Last Stand: +2 Parry (11) and Toughness (15) for Reiko and all adjacent allies (George) until a Joker is dealt
Agility d12 (2r)
Cyber-Kinetic Combat: -2 to hit with tech
Deflection: -2 to hit, -3 to be hit at range. (2r)
Fighting d12+1, Parry 9 (2r)
Pace: 16
Smite: +2 damage, +2 AP (d10+2d8+2, AP 8) (2r)
Spirit d8 (2r)
Stealth d12+2 (2r)
Strength d10 (2r)
Vigor d8, Toughness 13 (4) (2r)
Reiko Tanaka Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 10/30
Bennies: 3/3
Assassin: +2 damage when striking a foe unawares.
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10.
  • Bonuses doubled on a ley line.
McGyver: No negative penalties on Trait rolls for not having tools, and may jury-rig temporary gadgets.
Mighty Blow: When dealt a Joker, the character doubles her total damage when making a successful Fighting attack this round.
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
Adventure Card

User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Carlos » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:30 pm

Carlos is distracted, it is such a pity that people who are nice, friendly, and respectful can be in service to the enemy. If there were only some way to convince them that they are not serving humanity by working for an oppressive group like the CS.
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 1: 1, Wild Notice 1d6 = 2: 2
Ostrosarus Notice 1d8 = 2: 2

Being Distracted, someone else will have to save his hide. Fortunately the Behemoth is nearby...
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Gorgeous George » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:47 am

Fighting 8, Damage 12
George:

Primary action: Claw the fat man
Fighting 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild Fighting 1d6 = 4: 4
Extra Effort Running Total 1d6+4 = 6: 2
Forgot to factor in Elan: 8 total to hit
Damage if hit: 1d8 = 1: 1 + 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace Running Total 1d6+7 = 12: 5

Tail Action: Draw Laser Pistol
George takes a vicious swing with his claw at the Big Boss, while his tail takes a moment to draw his laser pistol from its holster. "Reiko, remember, only take down the ones dumb enough to attack; leave the rest be."

Intimidate 11 (or maybe 13) against Outrider
Big Al & Hospitallers

Continue to close with Carlos and the remaining outrider
Fire ze missiles! (Not actually trying to hit anything--missiles being used to Intimidate the Outrider into retreating)

Intimidate 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Wild Intimidate 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Extra Effort 1d6+7 = 11: 4
If "Bigger Gun" applies to a Behemoth with a missile launcher, then that brings it up to 13; he'll have to roll Spirit to resist.
As Tiny comes tearing across the open terrain, a missile launches, hitting near the outrider--hopefully both startling him and drawing Carlos' attention to the other threat. A calm, low voice comes over the PA system--it's possible the first time that Carlos has ever heard Big Al speak. "Whatever you are being paid, it is not enough to compensate you for the wrath you will receive if you harm our Simvan ally. If you retreat, we will focus on more active threats and let you go about your business."
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Skills: Healing d10+4; Know: Cyber d6+2; Know: Med d6+2; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d10+2; Persuasion d10; Shooting d4+2; Fighting d6; Piloting d4; Notice d4; Know: Bio d4; Stealth d4+2
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6 (-4 w/ CS)
Edges: Healer, I Know A Guy, Brave, Investigator, Scholar, V. Attractive, Charismatic, Scrounger, Battle Hardened, Elan, Connections: Black Market/Pecos Bandits
Weapon in Tail: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol; In Hand: Claws
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
Vulnerability: +4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 3/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster/Robot Jock
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Piloting d6; Healing d6; Fighting d4; Notice d4; Faith d8; Taunt d6+2; Intimidate d6+2; Repair d4; Survival d4; Know: Arc d6
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Edges: Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
HindrancesSmall, Pacifist, Quirk: Does not speak to George
Tiny ((Behemoth Robot Armor):
  • Size 8, Strength d12+6, Toughness 40 (18 MDC), Pace 7; Sensor Package (+2 Notice); Targeting computer (cancels 2 points of Shooting Penalties); Fully stocked Med-Bay; Missile launchers
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
John Freeman
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by John Freeman » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:25 pm

Hobo Joe wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:16 am
Roaring into the canyon in a totally legit freshly minted prime-grade original model PA-09A Super SAMAS and some very very special security codes to go along with it. It's enough to get the attention of the guards in the canyon, in a good way. "Good" in this case means they don't immediately shoot him. The tech officer looks at him and it's probably his voice that crackles to life in Freeman's ears. "You're who? The code checks out, but we aren't supposed to have any overwatch." Then a moment later he cries out, "They're here! They're here!" on a general CS comm channel. It's a little frantic. The Spec Ops grunts don't panic. A couple of them keep an eye on Freeman while the others start bossing the camp guards around.
Notice
Notice 1d8 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Advancing slowly down the canyon so as not to spook them, Freeman replies to the CS troops. "I am not your overwatch! I am on a separate operation under the Department of Special Divisions. And like I said, you cover is blown...in case the weapons fire hasn't given it away."[/b] As he talks, he uses double speak - an old spy trick - to relay information to the team. "Let's get those rail guns pointing toward the enemy, not me, as he says rail guns Freeman relays coordinates to Big Al. "Get those skelebots to guard the cargo haulers and move the prisoners into the pens, you'll need them to get the operation back on track," again as he says prisoners, skelebots, and cargo haulers, he sends coordinates to the Behemoth hoping they can put two and two together. If d-bees can even add. "The assailants have a giant robot vehicle, we'll need to take cover from missile strikes one could hit our position at any moment. What's the structural status of those mines?"

I hope you got all that Al.

Hovering very close to the CS position now, Freeman hopes to hell someone shoots a missile at the rail gun positions or skelebots.
Contingency
If things start blowing up Freeman will urgently encourage everyone to take cover in the mines. If they do he intends to collapse the entrance on them with grenades from his Super SAMAS.
John Freeman
Character Sheet

SAMAS: 20 (12) MDC, Pace: 30

Initiative: Quick Edge (redraw action cards of 5 or higher)

User avatar
Reiko Tanaka
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 am

Re: EPISODE 3: THE NEWCOMERS

Post by Reiko Tanaka » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:58 am

Boy’s Ranch
Afternoon
Round 2

Reiko growled a bit. “Let them live. So they can have a chance to kill us?” It was hard to fight against the assassin’s instincts that had been drilled into her since she was a child. But she was a cyber-knight now; she was trying to be better.
Conditions
Last Stand: +2 Parry (11) and Toughness (15) for Reiko and all adjacent allies (George) until a Joker is dealt
Agility d12 (2r)
Cyber-Kinetic Combat: -2 to hit with tech
Deflection: -2 to hit, -3 to be hit at range. (2r)
Fighting d12+1, Parry 9 (2r)
Pace: 16
Smite: +2 damage, +2 AP (d10+2d8+2, AP 8) (2r)
Spirit d8 (2r)
Stealth d12+2 (2r)
Strength d10 (2r)
Vigor d8, Toughness 13 (4) (2r)
Reiko Tanaka Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 12 (4)(+2 vs supernatural evil)
ISP: 10/30
Bennies: 3/3
Assassin: +2 damage when striking a foe unawares.
Cyber-kinetic Combat: -2 to all attacks against her with tech; Action: extend it to all Trait rolls against her involving tech
Champion: +2 damage/+2 Toughness vs. supernatural
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs. Size 3+
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10.
  • Bonuses doubled on a ley line.
McGyver: No negative penalties on Trait rolls for not having tools, and may jury-rig temporary gadgets.
Mighty Blow: When dealt a Joker, the character doubles her total damage when making a successful Fighting attack this round.
Tricky Fighter (Agility): No MAP for Trick+Fighting
Adventure Card

Post Reply

Return to “4th COT Adventure Forum”