The wagon you take brings the heroes all the way to the quarantine checkpoint only 5 miles from city. As your heroes make your way to the city you have to present your letter of introduction to several guards. Each of whom gives you further instructions and tells where to go from there. Finally you take it to a guard sergeant in the city who immediately takes you to Jerin Thorian, Lord Grey. He opens a scroll, glances at it and starts speaking:
“We’ve done much research since we sent out the call for help, and I can tell you the following this disease is called The Ashen Blight and it has cropped up a number of times throughout history, so we know there’s a cure. The problem is that we need someone willing to go to various locations throughout the city and, ahh, acquire the various elements of the cure. If city troops do it, we couldn’t contain the rumors that would fly, and the city’s on the verge of rioting even now. With so many people sick, we can’t risk that.
“Instead, a group of Rangers… that’s another story. It may be that a certain amount of lively negotiating will have to take place to get what we need, though we’d prefer it if you didn’t kill anyone if you can avoid it.
“Sincerely, we thank you for your help. These are hard times in Eastport.”
He hands your heroes a piece of parchment with the symptoms, the conclusion of the Druids, and a list of ingredients the heroes need to obtain. These can be used to brew a curative tea that will begin the healing and allow the Druids time for their magic to speed up the cure. There’s a list of likely locations for several of the ingredients and a notation about the Five Families of Eastport to help orientate the group in a new city.
Your Tour of the City
Your group is given d8 resources for bribes and purchases related to this mission. Mostly in gems and gold, with some small figurines or other valuables thrown in.
Here is a list of the materials needed and the most likely location:
- Harbor - First, please see the harbormaster Jalenz Karrimayn who has a shipment of Silverwood bark ready for pickup.
- Western Docks - Find Mistress Alice Saddler and acquire the Stardust Leaves that came into her possession through less-than-legal means. Alice is not one who normally works with the authorities willingly. This task may take a little effort, maybe put your best charmer on this.
- Ranger Outpost - The Sergeant has a couple kegs of water blessed by the Priest of Light for you. The Rangers have already said they are happy to help us in our tasks.
- White Crow Theater - The Mockery located at the theater has whispering willow bark and has been holding it for ransom. Your heroes must choose whether to pay the ransom, convince these people of the good of their mission, or go after the Mockery themselves.
- The Emporium - Run by one of the Five Families and home to a criminal element you will need to be on guard. The Emporium will be the most likely place to find the Silverflower blossoms we need. However try not to run afoul of the criminals down there. If they discover why we need so much they may suddenly raise the prices quite a bit.
- You need to work out are you traveling safely as a group or splitting up?
I will be requiring a Streetwise roll from each group, but there will be special instructions. So i do not want any rolls until after we declare who is the lead.