Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post Reply
User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by KahlessNestor » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:46 am

Date: September 9, 109 PA
Time: 0600
Weather: Normal for season (warm); light wind, Light rain
Location: Fort Hope (Omaha, NE)
Ley Line: Very Large (three quarters mile wide, 2000 feet tall, 75 miles long), stretches 75 miles north of the fort (Whiting, IA)
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Daylight
  • Visibility: -1 from the rain
Round 0

***

Life settled into a routine at Fort Hope over the next few days. Reveille was blown at 6 am and breakfast served at 7. Alpha shift was on duty at 8 am, with patrols sent out into the area within a five mile radius of the fort. With the mercenaries the Trailblazers had brought, Lt. Winston was able to form three more squads, and so sent out a Legion and a mercenary patrol each day, with the second Legion and mercenary team held for defense of the base. The third mercenary team kept watch on the docks and the beach. The Legion tech squad started directing the laborers in construction of the new buildings and earthwork expansions.

Of course, the 101st SET wasn’t required to do any of this. They could pitch in where they were able. Vik helped draft up the plans for the workshop, garage, and generator, once it arrived from Castle Refuge.

Unfortunately, there was the issue of Nazo to contend with. Lt. Winston wasn’t happy with the murder of one of his legionnaires. But there was only her word to go by. A few inquiries discovered that Colonel Hunter had been acting a bit strange the last few days, the wear of the weather and poor conditions weighing him down. And there was the fact that they had no real way to contain a person of her abilities in these conditions. So Winston contented himself with Charlemagne’s vow to take responsibility for her, and she was put on strict probation and confinement to her tent. Thomas was able to smooth-talk and quell any discontent among the other Legionnaires.

The third day after the team’s arrival at the fort, one of the sentries spotted something in the distance to the north. It proved to be a Splugorth slaver barge, but it stayed at a distance, seeming content with observing the fort and not at all inclined to mix it up with an entrenched force.

The night before, a massive thunderstorm had blown through the area. Torrents of rain came down, and even a couple tents were blown over. It was worse in the camp outside the walls with nothing to protect them from the wind, with blown tents and the moat around the fort filling with water. There was even some flooding inside the fort.

The storm had mostly passed, and only a light rain fell now as reveille was blown, awaking everyone from the miserable night. Though the SET has no official duties to rouse to, they are soon interrupted in their tents by a legionnaire.

“Lieutenant Winston needs you in the command tent.”

Lt. Winston stood in the command tent staring at a map on the table when the Trailblazers arrived. Beside him stood a sopping wet young Legionnaire courier who was trying to warm himself with a cup of hot coffee. Winston was scowling and trying to light a damp cigar. When he spotted Ashley, he jammed the cigar under her nose.

“Make yourself useful,” Winston said gruffly. Apparently the bulldog boy had just as miserable a night as everyone else.

“I just received word of a situation that’s developing,” Winston said as his aide brought in another hot cup of coffee. Winston added a generous amount of brandy to it. “Seems there’s some big action building down south in Arkansas near Castle Refuge. Some nowhere town called Gloom. A two-bit would be world conqueror is amassing an army to attack the down and the Castle is sending the whole bloody Legion to meet it, calling in all their chits, they are. There was lots of timey-whimey bullsit that I didn’t understand, but it doesn’t matter.

“What matters is the Legion’s left its bare ass hanging out in a room full of horny hangdogs. Some holier-than-thou religious cult down in Pecos, in their eagerness to answer the Legion’s call, practically cleared out their town of New Alamo of anyone half decent in wielding a weapon or magic. Turns out they were a pretty damn important part of the monster ecosystem down there, keeping the vamps in line. Now we’ve got reports of increasing vampire activity in the area, and even of vampires moving south, under cover of darkness.

“So the Legion needs you. Not in Gloom. The 13th is taking care of that after they wipe those Black Company bastards off the face of this rifts-forsaken earth. Your job is to hie on down to New Alamo and make sure all those kiddies and old folks don’t become Scooby snacks for vampires.”

Winston indicated the map. “New Alamo’s coordinates are there. Map is pretty crude, but should get you there if you can navigate. We’ll expect you back once all the fighting in Gloom is done and the Magdalenas can get back to their rosaries and Hail Marys.

“You have any questions? Grab chow and kit out. You leave at 0800.” Lt. Winston glanced to Charlemagne to see if that was okay.
OOC Comments
You can kit out with things you think you might need from your Resources.
***
Combat Notes
Initiative:

Karsk (Quick)
Charlemagne (Cyberkinetic -2)
Thomas
Brianna
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)
Vik
Ashley

Enemies:
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/8
Whiskey Pete 2/2
Billy Duchesne 1/2
Melanie Duchesne 1/2

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Ashley Logan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:45 am

“Make yourself useful,” Winston said gruffly.

Ashley's eyes narrowed. She reached up, took hold of the cigar, and yanked it out of Winston's grasp. She then twisted it in half and let the halves drop.

"There. You're not getting cancer now. You also won't be needing skin grafts on your hand, arm and face. It's good to be useful."

During the briefing her outlook doesn't seem to improve much.

By the end she's leaving without a word, looking more sullen than usual.

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Vik » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:05 pm

"Eh, wot?" Vik says, letting the question hang for a good half a minute before being unable to control his own tongue.

He squints, the hangover in his brain pulsing like a tangible thing, fingers tap-tap-tapping on the butt of his holstered pistol.

"Just so's I'm crystal, here, what you mean to say is, you had them satanic constables blow their ruddy horns at 6 in the buggering morning, then summoned us lot here like a buncha the Queen's lapdogs, couple a three days after we scarper up here an' start building you loos that won't leak into your biscuits, so's you can tell us lot to turn around and Marsha-Marsha-Marsha-march right back the way we come, and then some, to go hoppity-hopping into the sandy wastes to hunt vampire-types what ain't threatening me or mine 'cause the rest of the Legion is off buggering some other blokes what I don't give two bitty shites about, neither? That about it, right?"

Vik turns and looks for Charlemagne.

"Oy, Charles-in-Charge. You got a preferred method for filleting this daft prick, or what say we let Ash just cook 'im in his poncy knickers?"

He turns again, his bewhiskered chin jutting out like a battering ram.

"In other words, Officer Wanker, I ain't travelin' nowhere 'less there's a first-class berth on a teleportin' train with compliment'ry mimosas."
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d8
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (four times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 15/20
Active Effects:
Adventure Cards: 53 - Riled Up Play after sustaining a wound; your attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene.

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Nazo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:14 am

Nazo sat with her wide brimmed at carefully positioned to hide most of her face say her cheeks and lips. Calmly she asked in a sing song voice, ” Lt. Winstson, what happened was regretable but not unforseeable. Your comments at the people of New Alamo seem to indicate you lack faith...” She pauses holding up a hand, ” I know you and your men have faith and purpose in the mission at hand, but what I am speaking of is a spiritual connection to the land and your inner self. I am sure there are those here that beleive that tending to your mental and spiritual health are less of a priority.” She waves her hand to the outside, ” The spirits that dwell in the land are restless and angry. Your men are but one step from insanity. I appologize for being blunt, but having someone come at you in the darkning rain gives me purpose to help you.”
She sighed and smiled gently, ” I beleive there were some rakes or old farming impliments. Find a patch of level ground 15 by 15 feet. Instruct your men to comb it thrice, and then with care look into their minds eye and draw what it holds in the the sand. Foolish some might think when there are shelters to be built. But I ask you what good is a shelter to dead men?”

Nazo pays little attention to the map but nods in agreement to go.
Combat info
Toughness: 16(8), Parry: 7, Pace: 8, exaughsted -2, 1 wound -1
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 1/20, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers:

Bennies: 6/3
+1 post rate
-1 quickness
+3 jokers

User avatar
Charlemagne
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Charlemagne » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:56 pm

Charlemagne nods at Lt. Winston. "If that is their order, then so be it. We have little for transit except our feet and our wings, for those of us so blessed. Mayhap we shall acquire transportation along the way."

He turns to Thomas. "My friend, secure rations for our journey down and back, though I am loathe to take so much of our stores from the fort." He then addresses Karsk. "Might Toad be willing to carry our supplies whilst we walk the road?"

He blinks absently at Vik. "Unfortunately, my friend, it appears our method of transport is the two feet you were blessed with. I shall take wing and lead. Slicing our superior officer into ribbons will only set us back additional, desperately needed manpower."

Turning to Nazo, he shakes his head. "I see your point, Nazo. However, while a brave man may like the feel of nature on his face, a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain. If the workers have spare time, they should be doing their best to erect reinforcements for the walls and shelter from the elements. Even the strongest spirit may wilt under the unrelenting weather. It is quite hot in the day. Being flooded at night will damage morale more than the lack of a garden." He smiles. "Besides, if a garden and good thoughts are what's needed, they can farm and pray as they do. That will both feed the fort and feed their spirits."

He bows to Lt. Winston. "We shall be off as quickly as possible. Until we return, please maintain the patrols and defense of the perimeter. I don't believe we will need to expand our reach until the communications tower is assembled." With that, he turns to exit.
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Bennies: 5 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus, +1 friendly fired slumber, -1 EE Persuasion/resource negotiation, +1 taking the incapacitator blast, +1 brainburn error, +1 GM birthday, -1 unshake)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks, -4 to hit from Deflection
Toughness: 20 (8) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 13 / 20
Active Powers: Deflection (with raise, -4 to hit), Boost Fighting (with raise, d12+2, adds +2 Pace), cyber armor, twin psi swords (MD)
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Nazo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:11 pm

Outside Nazo catches up with Charlemagne, ” Charlemagne, a moment. Do you know the foes that the Lt. Spoke of. I hesitate to ask him directly as he and his men and I have been at odds ever since... Well you know...”
After she asks the question she sings a short refrain marking her sadness.
”Red wrong song you did me wrong,
Left me here,
So much unfamiliar people with fear.
You did me wrong.
Where did you go,
Where do you flee,
Red Wrong song do you see me?”


She smiles and her cheeks blush a little waiting for the fearless leaders response.
Combat info
Toughness: 16(8), Parry: 7, Pace: 8, exaughsted -2, 1 wound -1
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 1/20, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers:

Bennies: 6/3
+1 post rate
-1 quickness
+3 jokers

User avatar
Charlemagne
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Charlemagne » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:22 pm

Charlemagne nods. "I am familiar with these creatures. Vile evil. They thirst for the blood of the living, and can turn their victims into their thralls, or worse." He shudders a bit. "I urge caution in combat, and most assuredly strike with purpose when you strike them."
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Bennies: 5 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus, +1 friendly fired slumber, -1 EE Persuasion/resource negotiation, +1 taking the incapacitator blast, +1 brainburn error, +1 GM birthday, -1 unshake)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks, -4 to hit from Deflection
Toughness: 20 (8) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 13 / 20
Active Powers: Deflection (with raise, -4 to hit), Boost Fighting (with raise, d12+2, adds +2 Pace), cyber armor, twin psi swords (MD)
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Nazo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:31 am

Charlemagne wrote:Charlemagne nods. "I am familiar with these creatures. Vile evil. They thirst for the blood of the living, and can turn their victims into their thralls, or worse." He shudders a bit. "I urge caution in combat, and most assuredly strike with purpose when you strike them."
Nazo smiles revealing her eyeless face to him. ” I am sworn to rid this world of demons, these vampire’s sound like a start. Hopefully our paths will cross again Charlemagne, I will look for you if you can bare to look for me.”
Nazo adjusts her hat, shoukders her gear with ease including a food supply then heads in the rough direction of New Alamo.
Spirits guide me.
Combat info
Toughness: 16(8), Parry: 7, Pace: 8, exaughsted -2, 1 wound -1
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 1/20, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers:

Bennies: 6/3
+1 post rate
-1 quickness
+3 jokers

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Karsk » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:54 am

Notice
1d8 = 8: 8 ace 1d8 = 3: 3
1d6 = 3: 3

"Will take Karsk a long time to get there and only Toad do we have for transport. People will probably be back before we reach New Alamo."

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Nazo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:09 pm

Karsk wrote:Notice
Original post: 1d8 = 8: 8 ace Original post: 1d8 = 3: 3
Original post: 1d6 = 3: 3

"Will take Karsk a long time to get there and only Toad do we have for transport. People will probably be back before we reach New Alamo."
Nazo pauses in her preparation to set off. Just how far is this New Alamo? What if by walking we do not reach it in time. To Karsk she says and inquires gently,” If speed is essential perhaps the legionaries have something that can transport us quickly. I have even heard of sorcery that can open large gates at leylines capable of taking a small group far distances. I can fly my self but only for short durations... Just how far is this New Alamo??”
Combat info
Toughness: 16(8), Parry: 7, Pace: 8, exaughsted -2, 1 wound -1
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 1/20, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers:

Bennies: 6/3
+1 post rate
-1 quickness
+3 jokers

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Thomas » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:08 am

Thomas listens to Winston as he tells about all the trouble the Legion has been stirring up, and how they are screwing everyone over. ‘Wow, these guys are worse than my sister. They got people causing trouble all over the place.’

Deciding he needs to ask Thomas pipes up. “Sir, Vik, has a point and a very good one. Add to that that we are not vampire hunters. Vampires are big scary monsters that require special gear and skills. Nothing i own would even be noticed by a vampire as more than a tickle.

“Does your armory include anything like that we can use or at least some spell books with sunlight spells in them or something? Some TW circle of rain grenades, or globe of daylight spheres. Anything that would let us live past minute 1?”



Then when Charlemagne speaks up Thomas is floored by the idiocy of the group again. Unable to restrain himself from calling the guy out. Thomas begins thinking he chose the wrong faction to hide with. “Wait, do you guys take special classes in stupid before being put in command? How the hell are we going to do anything but be food for Vampires? Charles, you are supposed to be our leader and look out for us, and here you are just saying ‘okay let's all die together, but we need a car to get to the dying faster’.

“Vik here is the only one capable of fighting them in a meaningful way and unless you are going to give him the time it takes to fix all out gear, then other result will be all of us dead, because no matter how many light bulbs Vik makes vampires are badass.”


Taking a breath Thomas decides maybe he made a wrong decision. “Listen, if you want us to fight vampires then gear us up to fight vampires. Otherwise I have to say I will be resigning my position. This is insanity.” Mumbling under his breath to himself he says. “I wonder how hard it would be to get to England.”
Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 - True Invisibility -6 to notice or attack
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 4/20
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
  • Elemental Mastery
    Greater Slumber
    True Invisibility
Bennies 5
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
    +1 Post rate
    +1 Vik Joker

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Nazo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:38 am

Nazo purses her lips at Tommy’s out burst. Pragmatic and well informed, at now I think I know why the spirits guided my hand to these round balls..
Nazo’s voice is calm and filled with inquiry, ”Tommy, you seem to know much about these vampire creatures. Can you elnlighten us to there strengths and weaknesses? Also how are we to arrive at our destination in a timely manner?”
She pulls out a bandolier with 12 grenades on it, ” I felt the hands of the spirits guide me to these weapons when I reached blindly into the recovered crate. Just as now the spirits tell me to offer them to you. I suspect these little spheres will be an answer to your greatest need.”. She gives them iver to Tommy with a smile on her lips.
12 UV grenades 5/10/20
Ultraviolet Grenade A state-of-the-art anti-vampire device, this one-use grenade contains a powerful UV light encased in a steel container. When thrown, side panels blow away and the powerful UV light fills a Medium Burst Template in a blinding flash. A vampire caught in the blast suffers 2d10 damage and has a chance of catching fire. Although not designed for use against mortals or other undead, the powerful light can blind targets. Non-vampiric targets within the template must make an Agility roll at –2 or be Shaken.
Combat info
Toughness: 16(8), Parry: 7, Pace: 8, exaughsted -2, 1 wound -1
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 1/20, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers:

Bennies: 6/3
+1 post rate
-1 quickness
+3 jokers

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Vik » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:32 am

Vik does his best to keep his angry face on as first Nazz and then Charlie appear to buy into Winston's looney orders. He bobs his head furiously and juts out his chin as Tommy takes up the call to sanity ... but loses it when Nazo offers up her UV grenades.

"Oy, Tommy, mate, I think she's offering to give you your balls back," he says, failing to hide a snicker. "Great big blinking hangers they are, to drive off them as want to suck you to death."
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d8
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (four times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 15/20
Active Effects:
Adventure Cards: 53 - Riled Up Play after sustaining a wound; your attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene.

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Karsk » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:06 pm

Rolls carried

Karsk concentrates and suddenly the water in a jug began flowing out of the jug into the air positioning itself right next to Thomas.

"Karsk can kill undead."

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Thomas » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:44 pm

Thomas listens to Nazo and decides he will say. “Thank you for the grenades, but I would be as likely to hit myself as an enemy.

"As to vampires. First of all vampires are all as fast, strong, and combat capable as juicers. They are virtually invulnerable to damage of any sort with the exception of wood, running water, sunlight and silver. But what makes them really scary is even the things that can injure them cannot kill them. No, instead they just regenerate. Wild vampires can be scary, but when you get to their lieutenants the secondary vampires they will often wear armor. So even the weapons you previously relied on, no longer work.”


Thomas looks unimpressed by the watery trick performed by Karsk. With a few subtle words he conjures his own bit of water to refill his glass. And a small globe of daylight forms floating over his shoulder. “Sure these things will grow useful versus and wild vampires we find. But they will prove useless if we come across a secondary or master vampire who will have access to armor.
“To really stand a chance we need the TW weapons designed for fighting vampires. Heck maybe a good wizard can smite our weapons or claws to be able to affect the creatures. But my skills tend to be more subtle and short of becoming a dragon and the favored target of every enemy on the battlefield I do not have a way to stand up to one.”
Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 - True Invisibility -6 to notice or attack
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 4/20
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
  • Elemental Mastery
    Greater Slumber
    True Invisibility
Bennies 5
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
    +1 Post rate
    +1 Vik Joker

User avatar
Charlemagne
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Charlemagne » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:54 pm

Charlemagne smiles. "Oft, the sanity of those who obey orders are questioned when there appears no easy way at first. However, I have faith that, between now and then, we shall avail ourselves of means and methods by which to defeat our foes. If all else fails, I shall stand at the breach myself and hold off a horde of them, with such a capable force as the 101st behind me. Certainly you are aware that the cyber-knights are capable of slaying vampires."

He turns and faces Thomas directly. "If you wish to resign, I will accept, though I loathe to do so. You are valuable to this team and this assignment in particular. However, in doing so, know that you may be depriving us of exactly what we need to accomplish this mission. Regardless, the Legion has need of us, and that is the point of their need. If I must travel there myself, then I shall do so."

He turns back to face the rest of the group. "We must make all haste to load our provisions on Toad, with Karsk's permission, and be away. Those who muster at the gate at 0800 I shall assume are joining me on this journey. If you do not, I will assume you have resigned your commission with the Legion, and I bid you godspeed."
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Bennies: 5 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus, +1 friendly fired slumber, -1 EE Persuasion/resource negotiation, +1 taking the incapacitator blast, +1 brainburn error, +1 GM birthday, -1 unshake)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks, -4 to hit from Deflection
Toughness: 20 (8) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 13 / 20
Active Powers: Deflection (with raise, -4 to hit), Boost Fighting (with raise, d12+2, adds +2 Pace), cyber armor, twin psi swords (MD)
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Thomas » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:27 pm

Thomas listens to Charles and is amazed. “From what i have seen no, they do not. Most cyber-knights tend to die a little slower when fighting vampires.”
Taking a deep breath he says obviously exacerbated as he gets up. “Well at least someone should think like a leader and prepare for the coming potential battles. So I am going to go spend some time at the ley line and make as many spheres with daylight bound to them as I can. I suppose the rest of you have time for hoping that something will mysteriously happen to make us safer.” With the words spoken Thomas leaves annoyed at the incompetence of what he just witnessed. Perhaps he can clear his head and work out the best thing to do while creating globes of daylight.
Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 - True Invisibility -6 to notice or attack
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 4/20
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
  • Elemental Mastery
    Greater Slumber
    True Invisibility
Bennies 5
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
    +1 Post rate
    +1 Vik Joker

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Nazo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:37 pm

Nazo takes the bandoleer back and drapes the grenades around her supple neck. ”Very well Master Thomas, your information is well heeded.” She draws forth a bladeless katana and with one hand draws a line from empty hilt to five feet in length. Suddenly a blade of silver holy light extends. ”A relic of the holy fight we wage in japan every eve when the Oni come to terrorize the villages. It was given to me by my lost teacher Master Kitito. But I beleive it will do well against these creatures you describe.” Her hands reach into the folds of her cloak pulling out a common thin looking dagger. The dagger’s blade suddenly goes transulent marked with holy symbols of her native country. ”A soul slayer, capable of peircing the hardest of armors and a scourge of the undead... Vampires may yet rue its existance.”

Nazo points to the large weapons crate yonder, ”Perhaps there Thomas you will find something that will better prepare you for the coming war.”

Nazo looks at Charlegmagne and nods slightly off kilter, ” If we are to travel as a group then let it be. Does haste bare little to our task at hand?” She turns her head to the mighty beast in question. ” Similiar to Vik and Karsk, I would not want to make the journey only to find we arrived to late.”
Combat info
Toughness: 16(8), Parry: 7, Pace: 8, exaughsted -2, 1 wound -1
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 1/20, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers:

Bennies: 6/3
+1 post rate
-1 quickness
+3 jokers

User avatar
Charlemagne
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Charlemagne » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:30 pm

Charlemagne nods to Nazo. "Haste is certainly of the essence. Unfortunately, we must use the tools available to us. Currently, that consists entirely of our feet, and wings, for those so blessed. We must hope we do not arrive too late, but it is better to arrive late than never to have gone at all. We will never know whether we might have saved lives if we defy our orders and remain here."
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Bennies: 5 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus, +1 friendly fired slumber, -1 EE Persuasion/resource negotiation, +1 taking the incapacitator blast, +1 brainburn error, +1 GM birthday, -1 unshake)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks, -4 to hit from Deflection
Toughness: 20 (8) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 13 / 20
Active Powers: Deflection (with raise, -4 to hit), Boost Fighting (with raise, d12+2, adds +2 Pace), cyber armor, twin psi swords (MD)
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Karsk » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:59 am

Psionics 10 Exalted telekinesis & Energy control
OOC Comments
1d10 = 5: 5
1d6 = 6: 6 ace 1d6 = 4: 4
The water by Thomas' head suddenly shaped itself into the shape of an arrow and drove itself into the ground with such force there was no doubt it could have penetrated armour.

"Karsk can deal with vampires," he said confidently, "but scared man correct. We need more preparation. Group will be outnumbered considerably. Can strange talking man make Toad go faster?"

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by KahlessNestor » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:08 am

Date: September 9, 109 PA
Time: 0601
Weather: Normal for season (warm); light wind, Light rain
Location: Fort Hope (Omaha, NE)
Ley Line: Very Large (three quarters mile wide, 2000 feet tall, 75 miles long), stretches 75 miles north of the fort (Whiting, IA)
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Daylight
  • Visibility: -1 from the rain
Round 0

***

Lt. Winston glared unhappily at Ashley and then stared forlornly at his cigar in the mud. “Bloody hell, woman. That was my last one!”

He sighed and wiped his tired face and looked at Vik. “I’m just relaying orders, son,” Winston said, turning the datapad around to display to them the orders signed by Captain Kahless Nestor.

Winston stared at Nazo. “Is she touched?” he asked Charlemagne, tapping the side of his head. “I mean, if that’s what you all want, but we’re sleeping in puddles right now.”

Charlemagne, fortunately, proved more accomodating. Lt. Winston nodded in acknowledgement of the Lyn-Srial’s orders. “Yes, sir. Patrols will continue. We’ll keep these people safe.” He looked off into the distance, as if through the canvas of the tent to the small tent city grown up outside the earthworks of the fort. “Somehow.”

“Does your armory include anything like that we can use, or at least some spell books with sunlight spells in them or something? Some TW circle of rain grenades, or globe of daylight spheres. Anything that would let us live past minute one?” Thomas asked.

“Talk to the quartermaster about what we have,” Lt. Winston said. “But anti-vamp gear is fairly standard issue. You have a stake in your standard pack,” he pointed out to Thomas. “And it’s pretty easy to find or make a pointy stick.”

Winston left the team to organize their journey. He had to see off the morning’s patrol.
Travel details
  • It is 650 miles down to New Alamo. That is roughly 28 days on foot (8 hours travel) You can shorten that by doing a Forced March (12 hours travel, Vigor roll for Fatigue), going All Out (16 hours travel, Vigor -2), or Non-Stop (24 hours travel, Vigor -4). You can change your pace after each leg of the trip. (No magic or Succor allowed, as it represents the cumulative wear of travel)
  • If you can somehow figure out a way to rig up some way for Toad to carry you all, you can halve the travel times. Then Toad will be making the Vigor rolls and your Vigor rolls will downgrade a step. To rig something up, make a K. Engineering roll (straight) or Repair -2. One person (PC or NPC) may make a cooperative roll to assist (Zacra has a d10 K. Engineering, and your Legion Mechanic has a d8 Repair. Feel free to make their rolls, and you can spend bennies on them). This represents jury rigging something up. A Success gets you a saddlebag system, wagon, or sled/travois with Handling -4 (anything relating to the device, including Vigor rolls, takes the penalty). Each raise reduces the penalty by 2. This will take 1d4 hours to make, halved if you have something that halves repair time. This will cost 1 Supply to build.
  • You can take 1 Supply for the fort’s stores and it should last you s food for the entire trip. If you don’t, or if you lose it along the way, you will have to make foraging rolls for each leg, with the risk of Vigor rolls against hunger if you don’t find enough food.
  • Let me know when you plan on leaving. By default, ASAP, I will have you leave at 8 AM, but you can choose to leave earlier (skip breakfast) or later (if you choose to make a device for Toad).
  • If you have any questions, feel free to ask.



***
Combat Notes
Initiative:

Karsk (Quick)
Charlemagne (Cyberkinetic -2)
Thomas
Brianna
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)
Vik
Ashley

Enemies:
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/8
Whiskey Pete 2/2
Billy Duchesne 1/2
Melanie Duchesne 1/2

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Nazo » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:27 am

”Lt. Your men will forever sleep in puddles of your own making. If you continue to make them that is.”

Nazo found a good spot in the rain on a rock overlooking the general direction the group was to head out. The rain was light and warm but her armor with black and reds seemed well suited to shed it with minimal effort. She drew her two blades a deadly katana and dagger combination: ”Daisho”. In one spot in the rain she gathered her self and moved effortlessly through a martial kata reminicent of the movements of a butterfly.

There is really nothing I can do for these soildiers until they mend their broken souls. Thrust, Block, strike...

Why do men find it so hard to look deep within. Counter, Crouch, Spin, Leg sweep.

The house one builds is only as good as the foundation within. Strike, Block, Knee, Crouch.

There must be a way to shorten the time it takes us to New Alamo. The difference of one or two days could prove essential in protecting the innocenet. Thrust, Block, Strike...

Nazo paused sheathing her weapons and rested on her haunches. A butterfly fighting hard against the light rain landed on her shoulder. She smiled at it, Little Sister. Her breath came in and out slowly, ”Spirit guide me, Is there a path that will lead us to New Alamo quickest?”
Communion 19, 10 PPE spent
Communion 10 PPE: Faith 1d10 = 7: 7 Wild 1d6 = 4: 4 Benny for EF 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Ace 1d6 = 4: 4 Vigor 1d8 = 6: 6 wild 1d6 = 4: 4
After her conversation with the spirit she walks to the leyline and refills her PPE.
Combat info
Toughness: 16(8), Parry: 7, Pace: 8, exaughsted -2, 1 wound -1
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 1/20, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers:

Bennies: 6/3
+1 post rate
-1 quickness
+3 jokers

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Vik » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:11 am

Seeing the tide turning against him, Vik spits and resigns himself to a long walk to the bloodsucker-filled deserts of the southwest.

"Buncha barking loonies, the lot of yas, trading this perfectly swamp-like puddle a shite for a buncha dusty vampires and rotgut wif worms innit and food what'll make you grunt-n-squeeze yerselves into a coffin. His horny majesty take you all, 'cept I wager it's in for a penny in for a pound, so's I better get to poundin' back in me tent, 'cause it's gonna be lonely wankin' in the woods from here on out, after only just reconnectin' wif ol'Charlie, the good-lookin' one not the sorry nutter what's leading us off to be emptied of vital humors in the desert like a buncha knobs atta cathouse. For fucking shame is what I say."

Still muttering, he retreats to his tent, which vibrates and shudders through the night as Vik and Charlize engage in a series of passionate arguments alternating with fevered bouts of "wrestling." Vik emerges in the cold light of dawn lugging his gunny sack, looking much the worse for year. He might even have been crying.

"Okay you buncha wankers, 'spose it's time to scarper. Charlie's staying behind -- unlike others what share the name, she's got beauty and brains for self-preservation -- so's these tossers best keep the place from being overrun while we're off walking cross the contintent. Now, who's got a bit of the black to fill my thermos?"

Seeing Karsk atop Toad, Vik gives the Simvan the stink eye, to the extent he can focus his bleary gaze on anything.

"Bloody savage's got himself a pony ride while the rest of us is slogging through the muck like a bunch a soft-headed sods queued up for the dole. Wait a tick ... Oy, Zacra, we still got some of that whaddya call, scaffoldin', from building up the workshop? I'm reminded of them elephants what used to be used for rides for the tots in knickers, or them in turbans, you know wit the whaddya say, boy-howdies, or whoo-doos or whatnot. Like a little hut what sits on the hump'a the dewback and sorta hangs off the sides ..."
Kn: Engineering
Techno-Wizardry for Greater Boost Trait - Kn: Engineering 1d10 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Benny to reroll
TW 1d10 = 8: 8 = Success with a Raise, +4d to Kn: Engineering
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
EDIT: Forgot Machine Maestro, but doens't matter

Kn: Engineering to rig howdah 1d12+1 = 7: 6
Wild 1d6+1 = 5: 4

Zacra co-op roll 1d10 = 5: 5 = Success, increases total by +1, to 8, so ... Success with a raise gives us a howdah with Handling -2
With the assistance of Zacra and liberal use of his View-Master of Mastery, Vik uses leftover construction supplies to rig an elaborate howdah [Handling -2] with room enough for the group to ride Toad on the journey south.

"There you go you buncha numpties, climb aboard and lean back 'stead of walking the whole ways and wagging off. Thank me later, pref'rably with a nice bottle, wot."
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d8
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (four times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 15/20
Active Effects:
Adventure Cards: 53 - Riled Up Play after sustaining a wound; your attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene.

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Thomas » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:49 am

Arriving at the line Thomas gets to work on the stones for the group.

Thomas enchanting small stones to glow with Daylight eternally.
A bunch of casting rolls, 7 stones created
1 Spellcasting 1d8+1 = 7: 6
1 Wild 1d8+0 = 3: 3

2 Spellcasting 1d8+1 = 4: 3
2 Wild 1d8+0 = 6: 6

3 Spellcasting 1d8+1 = 9: 8
3 Wild 1d8+0 = 4: 4

4 Spellcasting 1d8+1 = 5: 4
4 Wild 1d8+0 = 1: 1

5 Spellcasting 1d8+1 = 9: 8
5 Wild 1d8+0 = 6: 6

6 Spellcasting 1d8+1 = 3: 2
6 Wild 1d8+0 = 4: 4

7 Spellcasting 1d8+1 = 3: 2
7 Wild 1d8+0 = 2: 2

8 Spellcasting 1d8+1 = 3: 2
8 Wild 1d8+0 = 2: 2

9 Spellcasting 1d8+1 = 4: 3
9 Wild 1d8+0 = 7: 7
Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 - True Invisibility -6 to notice or attack
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 4/20
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
  • Elemental Mastery
    Greater Slumber
    True Invisibility
Bennies 5
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
    +1 Post rate
    +1 Vik Joker

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Nazo » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:34 pm

Thomas wrote:Arriving at the line Thomas gets to work on the stones for the group.

Thomas enchanting small stones to glow with Daylight eternally.
A bunch of casting rolls, 7 stones created
1 Spellcasting Original post: 1d8+1 = 7: 6
1 Wild Original post: 1d8+0 = 3: 3

2 Spellcasting Original post: 1d8+1 = 4: 3
2 Wild Original post: 1d8+0 = 6: 6

3 Spellcasting Original post: 1d8+1 = 9: 8
3 Wild Original post: 1d8+0 = 4: 4

4 Spellcasting Original post: 1d8+1 = 5: 4
4 Wild Original post: 1d8+0 = 1: 1

5 Spellcasting Original post: 1d8+1 = 9: 8
5 Wild Original post: 1d8+0 = 6: 6

6 Spellcasting Original post: 1d8+1 = 3: 2
6 Wild Original post: 1d8+0 = 4: 4

7 Spellcasting Original post: 1d8+1 = 3: 2
7 Wild Original post: 1d8+0 = 2: 2

8 Spellcasting Original post: 1d8+1 = 3: 2
8 Wild Original post: 1d8+0 = 2: 2

9 Spellcasting Original post: 1d8+1 = 4: 3
9 Wild Original post: 1d8+0 = 7: 7
Nazo bounds over defying gravity with each elongated step. Her helm hides everything but her lips and rosey cheeks. ” Is that you Thomas?” Nazo sheaths her blades and crouches down turning haphazardly towards what he is doing. ” What you doing to those stones?”
Combat info
Toughness: 16(8), Parry: 7, Pace: 8, exaughsted -2, 1 wound -1
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 1/20, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers:

Bennies: 6/3
+1 post rate
-1 quickness
+3 jokers

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Karsk » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:22 am

notice
1d8 = 5: 5
wild dice 1d6 = 1: 1
Vik wrote:Seeing Karsk atop Toad, Vik gives the Simvan the stink eye, to the extent he can focus his bleary gaze on anything.

"Bloody savage's got himself a pony ride while the rest of us is slogging through the muck like a bunch a soft-headed sods queued up for the dole. Wait a tick ... Oy, Zacra, we still got some of that whaddya call, scaffoldin', from building up the workshop? I'm reminded of them elephants what used to be used for rides for the tots in knickers, or them in turbans, you know wit the whaddya say, boy-howdies, or whoo-doos or whatnot. Like a little hut what sits on the hump'a the dewback and sorta hangs off the sides ..."
Whilst Karsk allows Vik to construct the device and place it on Toad, he keeps a withering eye on Vik.

"Savage," he grumbled, debating mentally the best way to cook Vik's heart if he decided to kill him, whilst also plotting their route to New Alamo from here, avoiding some of the more interesting areas

Survival 9
1d8+2 = 9: 7
1d6+2 = 4: 2
Area Knowledge 4
1d8 = 1: 1
1d6 = 4: 4

Toad
Vigour 5
1d12-2 = 5: 7

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Nazo » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:14 pm

Charlemagne and Thomas have told me enough. I have a necklace of UV grenades, the soul slayer, my celestial blade, and the stone Thomas gave me. With the gudance of the spirits I must get there in time to do good.
Nazo leaves with the group and never stops. ”The people of New Alamo need us, let us push ourselves harder and faster than we could have dreamed. If we are to give hope then let it be on the backs of our weary selves. Anata ga damasu tobimasu!”
Vigor -4 1d8-4 = 1: 5 wild 1d6-4 = -2: 2 benny for EF 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Combat info
Toughness: 16(8), Parry: 7, Pace: 8, exaughsted -2, 1 wound -1
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 1/20, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers:

Bennies: 6/3
+1 post rate
-1 quickness
+3 jokers

User avatar
Charlemagne
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Charlemagne » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:20 pm

Vigor
Vigor vs. travel fatigue
1d6-2 = -1: 1

WD Vigor
1d6-2 = 1: 3

EE WD Vigor with Elan
1d6+3 = 5: 2
Charlemagne smiles, if only to himself, as the massive howdah is constructed and placed on Toad. For refusing to follow orders, Vik has outdone himself with the construction of this device. He ignores Vik's nigh-incomprehensible jabs at every Charlie not bedding the man. His morale will improve when he does not have to walk to New Alamo...I hope. He monitors the preparation and eventual loading of supplies onto the hulking beast, then prepares to depart.

He nods to Karsk. "Would that we could fly. Short of that, let us make as much haste as you believe Toad can, carrying us all. I do not wish to harm the beast. I trust your judgment."
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Bennies: 5 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus, +1 friendly fired slumber, -1 EE Persuasion/resource negotiation, +1 taking the incapacitator blast, +1 brainburn error, +1 GM birthday, -1 unshake)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks, -4 to hit from Deflection
Toughness: 20 (8) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 13 / 20
Active Powers: Deflection (with raise, -4 to hit), Boost Fighting (with raise, d12+2, adds +2 Pace), cyber armor, twin psi swords (MD)
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Thomas » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:35 pm

Nazo wrote: Nazo bounds over defying gravity with each elongated step. Her helm hides everything but her lips and rosey cheeks. ” Is that you Thomas?” Nazo sheaths her blades and crouches down turning haphazardly towards what he is doing. ” What you doing to those stones?”
Looking up from his work Thomas nods at the insane samurai woman. "I was making some of the stones, each will glow with the light of a sun for a good many years. If cast successfully even centuries. Would you like one i think they will come in handy for each of us to have when surrounded by vampires."

When Nazo accepts the stone Thomas feels something strange. Like maybe he was poisoned, or perhaps drugged. Shaking it off he looks around for what caused it. But the feeling passes and he is able to again return to his labor.
Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 - True Invisibility -6 to notice or attack
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 4/20
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
  • Elemental Mastery
    Greater Slumber
    True Invisibility
Bennies 5
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
    +1 Post rate
    +1 Vik Joker

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by KahlessNestor » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:55 am

Date: September 18, 109 PA (Day 9 of travel)
Time: 1300
Weather: 10 degrees cooler than normal for season (warm); no wind, no rain
Location: Near Oklahoma City
Ley Line: None
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Daylight
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0

***

The light rain started stopped falling around the time the Trailblazers left Fort Hope, making for a much more pleasant ride, though it took a while to get used to the stench of wet rhino-buffalo. Victor’s howdah left some things to be desired. It wasn’t the most comfortable of conveyances, but at least you weren’t walking. The Trailblazers might have to deal with some saddle sores, however.

The trip was uneventful, if boring. On the morning of the fourth day, however, Nazo and Charlemagne had a bit of a conversation over breakfast, arguing about their next leg of the trip. Nazo finally convinced Charlemagne, and on that day, instead of heading south in the direction of New Alamo, the Trailblazers headed east.

Around noon, when the team was about to stop for a rest, they spotted a dust cloud off to the northeast. It appeared to be on a convergence course with them toward a ley line in the distance. Vik rigged up some kind of nickelodeon device that let the team observe from a distance.

The vehicle looked to be some pre-rifts old pickup, but the most beat up pickup one had ever seen. It had all its panels and parts, but they all sported dents and dings as it raced along at insane speeds. The dented grill almost appeared to have a sinister grin, and the headlights glowed an eerie green.

And no one was driving it.

Though the driver’s seat behind the wheel was empty, someone was sitting in the passenger seat, strapped in with some kind of jury rigged racing harness to keep her from being thrown violently around the cab. She was encased in what looked like combat mage armor that had seen better days, and she was fiddling around with some kind of techno-wizard device as well as she could in the rough travel of the pickup.

The pickup’s engine roared as it approached a gully. It was much to wide to be able to cross, but the pickup wasn’t slowing down. In fact, it was speeding up. Green flames started to lick from under the hood and through the grill, and the tires ignited with green flame, leaving a trail of burning prairie grass behind as it launched itself in a leap over the gap, the horn blaring out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAKksqKR3pI

It landed roughly on the other side and continued racing.

A jewel blinked on the passenger’s combat mage armor and the helmeted head looked up, seeming to stare right at Vik through the magic of the clairvoyance device. The armored figure pulled out a small stick device and held it up. There was a blinding flash that left Vik blind for the next fifteen minutes, and the scrying magic was dispelled.

When the Trailblazers arrived at the ley line, the beat up pickup was there waiting for them. The passenger was sitting on the tailgate, finishing up whatever device it had been working on previously. Seemingly finished, it put it aside and stood up, staring up at them.

Now that you were actually there, you had a better look. The mage armor seemed piecemeal, cobbled together. And not all of it was the standard metals and composites normally used. Some of it had the appearance of demonic armored flesh. Some of the jewels pulsed with a sickly green light.

Nazo felt her stomach clench as her mystic awareness went off. She could sense the supernatural demonic magical energies from parts of the armor, and also from the truck, something she hadn’t see in her vision of this figure. The truck emanated the energies of a Spirit of Vengeance.
Detect Magic and K. Arcana
Anyone using Detect Magic can make a K. Arcana roll. A success recognizes a Spirit of Vengeance in the truck. With a Raise you know that these demonic spirits aren’t the most evil of entities, but are often bound to mortals and used to gain power to exact vengeance in the mortal world, sending the souls of evil men to a more powerful entity. The Spirit isn’t actually good (hence pinging mystic awareness), but the mortal often can be, and attempts to channel the power to oppose more evil entities.
The armored figure reached up and removed the helmet, revealing a cascade of blonde hair as it tumbled down. She was an attractive woman, but her face was marred by a large scar running from her hairline, across her eyes, and down her neck. The eye seemed to be fine, though, as her hard blue eyes looked up at you. She looked like a woman who had been to hell and clawed her way out.

“Why are you spying and following me?” she demanded.

The truck rumbled ominously beside her.

“Hush, Old Beast,” the woman said, putting a hand on the truck’s hood. “You bear the markings of the Tomorrow Legion. Did Anarik and Zolo send you after me? I’m surprised they survived that demon horde I left them fighting.” She shrugged.

After a few pleasantries to de-escalate the situation, the woman introduced herself as Tara Black. Nazo explained her vision and how she saw Tara as a way to cut time off their trip.

“Well, I am going that direction,” Tara admitted. “I was about to gate through the ley line. I suppose I could gate you with me. But I don’t know where New Alamo is, and I am not going there.”

Tara reached back to pick up the device she had built. “This should let us form a gate. It just needs a sufficient power source. That is where Old Beast comes in.” She pet the hood of the truck again. “Don’t be fooled. He isn’t tamed. He’s just being...cooperative, for now.” She gave the hood a pat. “Now open up, Beast.”
K. History or Common Knowledge -2
You may have heard tales of the Old Beast, a beat up pickup with no driver that roams the west like a wild animal. It has been known to rescue people from things like vampires or other evil supernatural entities. If you succeed, a Benny to anyone who tells a tale of Old Beast or another Spirit of Vengeance.
The hood of the truck popped open and Tara leaned in, fiddling around. Curious, Vik wandered around to watch. The truck’s innards didn’t look like they should be working. Broken belts, blown gaskets, missing spark plugs. But it purred like a perfectly tuned V8. Green energy wafted around, seeming to hold the entire thing together.

“This won’t hurt. Just tickle a little,” Tara told the truck.

“That might not be entirely accurate, Tara,” another voice said. It seemed to come from the field computer attached to Tara’s wrist.

“Hush, Sara. Now isn’t the time,” Tara said.

“Hello.” A holographic figure of another blonde woman looking exactly like Tara, sans scar and weathered features, appeared from the computer, waving at Vik.

Tara attached her device to the battery and the green energy started to flow into it. “There we go.” She slammed the hood closed and moved around. “Better get ready,” she told the Trailblazers. “I don’t know how long the gate will last.”

Tara got into Old Beast and strapped in. The truck rumbled and revved. The green headlights flickered and then grew brighter and brighter, shining out at the ley line, overpowering even the ley line’s brightness.

And then the line shifted, parting, a gate opening.

“It worked!” Tara grinned, and Old Beast leapt through. The Trailblazers scrambled to get Toad through before the gate closed.

And then suddenly they were shunted out somewhere else. Tara leaned out the window of Old Beast. “This is where we part. New Alamo is that way.” She pointed south. “I think I’ve just saved you four days of travel. You’re welcome.”

With that, Old Beast roared to life and tore off toward the horizon.
RP
If anyone wants to do more role playing with Tara Black, feel free to start something up in the RP thread.
***

The next five days of travel passed uneventfully, and a cold front seemed to have moved into the area, leaving the weather pleasantly cooler and comfortable than one would expect in late summer. Around noon on your ninth day of travel you see smoke on the horizon. The ruins of pre-Rifts city lie to the west. Toad is acting very nervous as the drifting smoke gets thicker, traveling in your direction.

And then you see it. A raging wildfire is racing across the prairie toward you, blocking your path south, sheets of flame and smoke rising in the air.
Successful Notice roll
You notice 2 things:
  • If you hurry, you could probably get around the fire before it completely encircles you. It would likely mean going well out of your way and into the nearby ruins, and who knows what dangers await in there.
  • There is a large group of refugees who have been trapped in the prairie fire. Rescuing them means going into the heart of the inferno.


Instructions
  • Everyone, including Toad, needs to make a Vigor -2 versus Fatigue. This represents the days of travel in Vik’s howdah. Karsk is exempt from making the roll because I am assuming he is riding in his normal saddle, which is well made for riding. If you fail, take a level of Fatigue. If you critically fail, take 2 levels of Fatigue and write a scene of the agonies of your trip and take a Benny.
  • TWO possible Dramatic Tasks! The PARTY must CHOOSE ONE to do.
    • Dramatic Task 1: Save your bacon! (Difficulty -4; 10 Successes. Fail Forward). Outrace the fire and get to (relative) safety. But this means rushing headlong into the ruins of a pre-Rifts city. Pick an appropriate Trait to navigate the dangers of the ruins. Any successes short of the goal adds 1 day per success to your trip, minimum 3.
      • Resources Spent: As a default your character spends 2d6 Power Points or Ammunition. Before rolling declare if you would like to have your character risk more or expend more resources for a better chance of success. Note: You must have the resources to spend them.
        • -2: Conserve your energy - Believing it may be an easy battle, you accept an additional -2 to your roll in exchange for spending only 1d6 resources.
        • +0: In The Fight - Wanting to stay on top of things, you fight like a professional. You roll without an additional modifier for the default resource cost.
        • +2: Serious Business - You do not play around and do what you have to in order to ensure victory, even when it requires risking yourself. You may spend 3d6 resources or accept 1 Fatigue or 1 Wound (Soakable) to gain a bonus of +2 to this roll.
        • +4: No Matter The Cost - When battle comes, you go all in, winning no matter the personal cost. You spend 4d6 resources, or accept 2 Fatigue or 2 Wounds (Soakable) to gain a bonus of +4 to this roll.
      • Narrate the roll result. Tell what challenge you faced and how you overcame it. The below gives some indication of the benefits of various levels of rolls.
        • Critical Failure: Suffer 2 Wounds which cannot be soaked and lose 2 additional days of travel. Take a Benny for narrating how spectacular a failure you are.
        • Failure: The hero generally succeeds, but not without a grave cost or an unfortunate delay. Suffer 1 Wound (Soakable) and lose 1 additional day of travel.
        • Success: The hero fights well. Your hero must make a Vigor roll (no additional penalties). Failure, he suffers a Wound (Soakable). On success he suffers no wound.
        • Raise: The hero wreaks havoc, slaying enemy leaders and routing minions. Escaping the dangers of battle, he finds himself uninjured any further. In addition, you gain a Benny and ignore up to 1d6 resources used.
        • Two or More Raises: The warrior covers himself in glory! Many foes fall before him and his success inspires his allies to fight like demons. She emerges from the fight unscathed and takes no additional wounds. The character may also reduce another player's Critical Failure result to a normal failure if he narrates how he interfered. In addition, you gain a Benny are able to conserve 2d6 resources and you can roll 1d6 on this Reward table:
          • 1. You rescue a potentially valuable ally. Gain a Contact. The GM will create one.
          • 2. You find a cache of weapons and ammunition worth 3d10 x 100,000 credits.
          • 3. You find a powerful magical artifact. Roll on the Enchanted Items and Mystic Gadgets table and add 1 Minor Modification per rank of your character.
          • 4. You learned something valuable in this experience. Get 1 roll on one of these HJ tables: Education, Experience & Wisdom, Training, Underworld & Black Ops, or an appropriate AB table.
          • 5. You find an old NEMA R&D facility. You gain 1 roll on one of these HJ tables: Body Armor, Close Combat Weapons, Cybernetics, Ranged Weapons. Using the Supertech rules, add mods up to your rank to the item.
          • 6. You find an unsecured credcard with 5d10 x 100,000 credits.
    • Dramatic Task 2: Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire (Difficulty -4; Successes needed: --). Make a Vigor OR Agility roll.
      • Resources Spent: As a default your character takes 1d3 Fatigue and 1d3 Wounds (Soakable). Before rolling declare if you would like to have your character risk more or expend more resources for a better chance of success. Note: You must have the resources to spend them. If you have FEP armor, you can ignore the resource cost for being immune to fire and smoke, but you can take a Benny if you do take the Fatigue and Wounds and narrate how you got them.
        • -2: Conserve your energy - Believing it may be an easy task, you accept an additional -2 to your roll in exchange taking 1 less Wound and 1 less Fatigue.
        • +0: In The Fight - Wanting to stay on top of things, you fight like a professional. You roll without an additional modifier for the default resource cost.
        • +2: Serious Business - You do not play around and do what you have to in order to ensure victory, even when it requires risking yourself. You may accept an extra 1 Fatigue or 1 Wound (Soakable) to gain a bonus of +2 to this roll.
        • +4: No Matter The Cost - When battle comes, you go all in, winning no matter the personal cost. You accept an extra 2 Fatigue or 2 Wounds (Soakable) to gain a bonus of +4 to this roll.
      • Narrate the roll result. Tell what challenge you faced and how you overcame it. The below gives some indication of the benefits of various levels of rolls.
        • Critical Failure: Suffer 2 Wounds which cannot be soaked and are considered outside the Golden Hour. You rescue no refugees. Take a Benny for narrating how spectacular a failure you are.
        • Failure: The hero generally succeeds, but not without a grave cost or an unfortunate delay. Suffer 1 Wound (Soakable) which is outside the Golden Hour. You rescue 1d4 refugees.
        • Success: The hero does well. Your hero must make a Vigor roll (no additional penalties). Failure, he suffers a Wound (Soakable). On success he suffers no wound. You rescue 1d6 refugees.
        • Raise: The hero is supreme! Escaping the dangers of the flames, he finds himself uninjured any further. In addition, you gain a Benny, ignore 1 Fatigue and 1 Wound, and rescue 1d8 refugees.
        • Two or More Raises: The hero covers himself in glory! Many are saved and his success inspires his allies. She emerges from the fight unscathed and takes no additional wounds. The character may also reduce another player's Critical Failure result to a normal failure if he narrates how he helped. In addition, you gain a Benny ignore 2 Fatigue and 2 Wounds. You rescue 1d10 refugees. Roll 1d6 on this Reward table:
          • 1. You rescue a potentially valuable ally. Gain a Contact. The GM will create one.
          • 2. A refugee you rescue has a cache of weapons and ammunition worth 3d10 x 100,000 credits.
          • 3. A refugee you rescue has a powerful magical artifact. Roll on the Enchanted Items and Mystic Gadgets table and add 1 Minor Modification per rank of your character.
          • 4. You learned something valuable in this experience. Get 1 roll on one of these HJ tables: Education, Experience & Wisdom, Training, Underworld & Black Ops, or an appropriate AB table.
          • 5. A refugee you rescue is very grateful and rewards you.. You gain 1 roll on one of these HJ tables: Body Armor, Close Combat Weapons, Cybernetics, Ranged Weapons. Using the Supertech rules, add mods up to your rank to the item.
          • 6. A refugee gives you an unsecured credcard with 5d10 x 100,000 credits.








Travel details
  • It is 650 miles down to New Alamo. That is roughly 28 days on foot (8 hours travel) You can shorten that by doing a Forced March (12 hours travel, Vigor roll for Fatigue), going All Out (16 hours travel, Vigor -2), or Non-Stop (24 hours travel, Vigor -4). You can change your pace after each leg of the trip. (No magic or Succor allowed, as it represents the cumulative wear of travel)
  • Vik spent 3 hours building the howdah (Handling -2). This adds -2 to Toad’s Vigor roll. Travel time is now 10 days at normal pace, 6 days at Forced March, 3 days at All Out, and 1 Day at non-stop.



***
Combat Notes
Howdah (riding Karsk): Handling -2

Initiative:

Karsk (Quick)
Charlemagne (Cyberkinetic -2)
Thomas
Brianna
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)
Vik
Ashley

Enemies:
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/8
Whiskey Pete 2/2
Billy Duchesne 1/2
Melanie Duchesne 1/2

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Vik » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:03 pm

CK 10, Notice 3, Vigor 9
Common Knowledge -2 1d8-2 = 6: 8 = Ace! 1d8+6 = 12: 6 -- Forgot the -2, takes it to 10
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5

Notice 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3

Vigor -2 (base 1d6+2) 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 = Ace! 1d6+6 = 9: 3
Vik isn't happy about the bird in the old lorry dissipatin' his scrying device, but he perks up when she introduces herself as Tara Black.

"Bloody sock pockets, man. The Tara Black? The ol' Combine boys have a stiffie for you, and not of the pinch and tickle kind. I heard all sorts a stories 'bout you when I was learning the craft from them Red River types. Vendetta and traitorous harpy was the words tossed most often like, but mange-maggot and back-stabbing thief was mentioned once or twice, as well. You're family with them wankers, I'd wager? No worries on my end, if they was to see my Dick Tracy they'd be usin' it for target practice, like, no missed pigeons. No tongue-wagging here."

Once he gets a good look at the battered, flame-covered truck, Vik gets excited again, but keeps his distance.

"Old Beast? Well, wonders of the seas. Right demon-possessed pick-me-up, that. Heard of it back when I was in Black Mesa, from an old sod what haunted the Sidewinder. Said he'd catched a ride once and near dehydrated hisself pissing his knickers. Managed to hold on while the ol' jalopy spent half a day running over raiders what wiped out a little town of half-a-lumps or somefin.' Said he tried grabbin' the wheel and thought he'd been transported to Hell, hearing screams and smelling burning people-meat and what have you. Spirit of Vengeance in the thing, what he said, but I can't say's as I put much stock in his education. I mean, 'Merica, and post-apocky-lipstick at that." [+1 Benny]

Into the Fire, Vigor 12
Going for the fire. Immune to the base Fatigue and Wounds, but accepting 2 Wounds (soakable) for No Matter the Cost.

No Matter the Cost offsets -4 Scene Modifier. Vigor is 1d6+2

Vigor 1d6+2 = 8: 6 = Ace! 1d6+8 = 12: 4 = Success + 2 Raises!
Wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3

+1 Benny, ignore the Fatigue and Wounds from No Matter the Cost. 1d10 = 7: 7 refugees saved, and 1d6 = 2: 2 for reward = Weapons and ammo worth 3d10 = 20: 8, 7, 5 x100,000 = $2 million
After catching sight of Tara Black's backside, Vik spends the next few minutes comparing it in his mind to Charlize's ... which leads to some rather involved thoughts about what the three of them might get up to if Tara were to perhaps show up at Fort Hope sometime in the future ...

He's shaken from this pleasant reverie when someone else mentions a fire.

"Well, right, I suppose, but burnin' generally ain't a factor with proper lubri ... Oy, is that towering wall of flame heading our way? With little bitty peoples runnin' about screamin' and whatnot? Well, ain't that the vicar's whiskers."

Looking around for suitable tools, Vik spies Thomas's shadow cloak lying atop a rock where the mage set it to dry after the sweaty ride on Toad's howdah.

"Back in a tick, Tommy. Forgot me towel, all unprepared like, but this oughta do!" he says, grabbing the cloak and running into the blaze, his armor lending a bounce to his step as he hauls one, then another refugee from the flames.

"Oy, Tom, good thing this thing's black! Bit a smoke damage is all, come right out in the wash. Prob'ly. Maybe," he says, after using the cloak to shield a pair of children from the fire.

Vik's final save is an old woman, wrapped in layers of colorful robes, whose family had been hauling her along on an anti-grav storage container used as a sort of makeshift stretcher.

"Aren't you a nice boy," she says, patting his hand as they reach safety. "Smell nice, too, manly, not like some puffed-up peacock who moisturizes more than my fool grandaughter."

She looks sourly at Thomas as the shadowcloak is returned, then pats the storage container she'd been laying on.

"Have a look inside my goody box here, nice man, and see if there's not something inside that tickles your fancy. You're welcome to it -- I suppose it's time for this old lady to get out of the gun-running business. Them damn Naruni have taken all the fun out of it."

Skeptical, Vik pops open the latches on the container then yelps in surprise as he uncovers what looks to be $2 million in assorted arms and ammunition. His eyes sparkle like a child at Christmas as he snatches a compact, mean-looking rifle covered in arcane sigils from the top of the pile.

"Ruddy dingle-puppets, is this a R5000 Magma Blaster? The Founder's Edition? Them Red River Combine boys are right arseholes, but they know their business, the knobbers. I could kiss ya, Gran, but I don't know where them lips has been, and Charlie'll be cross if I come home with the lip herpes. But we'll put these shooters to use, right what, and tell them as we're shooting who to thank."
Guns, Guns, Guns!
Vik will claim a:
Trek47.png
TW Founder's Edition Magma Blaster
When something needs blasted with the fires of Hades, the Red River Combine's patented Founder's Edition Magma Blaster does the trick with gusto! Whether in single-shot, three-round burst or full-auto, this beauty will fill the air with super-heated balls of tungsten alloy angrier than a menopausal Mt. St. Helens! Equipped with RRC's patented GhosTek Tactical Combat Optic, Extended Efficiency Eldritch Magazine (EEEC) and Rock-n-Roller Recoil Reduction, it can also fire Low-Flo Solidifier rounds to hold your target in place with hardened steel!
TW Magma Blaster: Range 12/24/48; Damage 1-3d8+2; ROF 3; AP 2; Shots 50; Weight 70; SA, 3RB, +2 to hit; Trapping-Fire (magma) +2 AP; Rock-and-Roll Edge; entangle (activated on attack), detect arcana, farsight; 10 PPE reservoir; costs 4 PPE to load.

Base Item: TX-30 Ion Pulse Rifle = 75k
TW Conversion: = 7.5k
Minor: +1 damage = 5k
Minor: +1 damage = 5k
Major: Trapping-Fire (+2 AP) 5k
Major: Edge - Rock and Roll = 40k
Major: Detect Arcana power = 20k
Major: Farsight power = 40k
Major: Entangle power (activates with Shooting attack) = 100k
Major: 10 PPE = 30k

Total = 327.5k

If no one else wants anything, that leaves $1,672,500 in arms and armor in the cache, which equals 557.5 Military Resources.
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d8
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (four times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 15/20
Active Effects:
Adventure Cards: 53 - Riled Up Play after sustaining a wound; your attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene.

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Thomas » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:06 pm

OOC Comments
Vigor versus terrible trip I will post some whining about this
Vigor 1d4-2 = 0: 2
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Dramatic Task
In the Fight +0
Base Power Points 2d6 = 10: 5, 5
Agility 1d6-5 = 0: 5
Wild 1d6-5 = -3: 2

Fatigue 1d3 = 1: 1
Wounds 1d3 = 1: 1

Failure: The hero generally succeeds, but not without a grave cost or an unfortunate delay. Suffer 1 Wound (Soakable) which is outside the Golden Hour. You rescue 1d4 refugees.

Refugees Saved 1d4 = 4: 4
This whole riding thing sucks, why cannot these people for once just get a proper transport. At a certain point the morons in charge must have realized they are only wasting resources for battles that finished weeks before they showed up, when proper capitalism and a solid understanding of economic theory says investing in areas of return will work better. Then they could have the right gear and appropriate rides for their travel. Maybe even then they could show up to a battle not lost a month before, maybe to a battle only lost a couple days before.

This ride was miserable anyways. The smell of that horrid beast was enough if Thomas thought Karsk would not eat his heart he would order the beast to charge off a cliff. The cart behind it smelled even worse and the things piss was like watching a river form. The dull mist was making his clothes damp and uncomfortable so he had to take off his cloak to dry out.

Seeing the fire Thomas looks over towards the shelter and jumps starting to grab his stuff and make a run for it, when his most expensive and favorite toy is snatched right out from under his hands. Vik was to fast and soon off into the fire trying to help people. "Damn you people, are you stupid there is shelter right over there. We can make it in no time." But his words are lost in the roar as a near by explosion sends debris crashing into him and knocking him down.

Staggering back to his feat Thomas says. "That is it, I have had it with this insanity." Then with some arcane words not often used and a fair bit of concentration his body begins to grow and change. Within a matter of only moments suddenly a giant 50' dragon is standing where Thomas was. "Why must we always take the hardest route." he says, somehow his voice while deeper maintaining the whiny tenor the others have come to expect.

Launching into the the fire laced buildings Thomas found the flames no longer bothered him and it was much easier to simply take the roofs off and lift out the people inside than it was to work terribly hard at sneaking through them. But each person he brought out had to be shielded by one of his wings to prevent them from burning themselves.

As the team was finished and gathering up afterwards Thomas was surprised to see Vik leave his cloak for him and the woman's offer to share her inventory with them, and even him in particular. Perhaps it was a trick of some sort, or maybe some times of leverage to be had. Thinking fast he looked inside for an appropriate weapon and went for it. "If it's all right I would love this?" His words still a little guarded he pulls out what he assumes is a fine weapon of excellent make.

When it is all said and done Thomas is tired, wounded and more than a little fed up. But something still appears to be wrong. Looking at the family and their two children he saved from the building his eyes start itching, and his stomach feels funny. There must be poison in the food he requisitioned because this is the second time in two weeks he has had this strange felling in his stomach. Maybe he should worn the others? No, he better keep it to himself and be sure first.
Loot Shared from Vik
The Vampires Slayer 3,000:
  • Base Item: Wilk’s 237
  • Range: 18/36/72
  • Damage: 2d6+1
  • RoF: 2
  • AP: 2
  • Payload: 24
  • Weight: 3
  • Base Cost: 18,000 = Total Cost: 179,800 credits
  • Notes: Semi-Auto, 3RB
  • Enchantments: (1,800)
    • m +1 Shooting (5,000)
    • m +1 Shooting (5,000)
    • M +1 Die Shooting (10,000)
    • M +1 Die Shooting (10,000)
    • M Bolt (Sunlight trapped Lasers) (20,000)
    • M Deflection (100,000,
      activated with shooting roll)
    • M 10 PPE (30,000)
    • M 10 PPE (30,000)
Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 - True Invisibility -6 to notice or attack
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 4/20
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
  • Elemental Mastery
    Greater Slumber
    True Invisibility
Bennies 5
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
    +1 Post rate
    +1 Vik Joker

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Karsk » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:49 am

OOC Comments
Common knowledge
1d8-2 = 6: 8
1d6-2 = 2: 4

Travel
Toad made the roll previously - will link

Into the frying pan
Loyal hindrance with the group going in - he's not so fussed on Vik and Thomas, but Charlamagne will

Going all in using Toad
1d8 = 6: 6
1d6 = 1: 1

Toad - raise
vigour 1d12 = 10: 10

soak fatigue
1d12 = 10: 10

soak 1d12 = 9: 9 wounds

fatigue 1d3 = 1: 1
wounds 1d3 = 2: 2
extra fatigue

save 1d8 = 4: 4 refugees

Seeing Charlemagne rush into the fire, Karsk and Toad follow in. Whilst Karsk did not care much for these people, Charlemagne did. Toad stomped his way through as Karsk brought up water through the ground, opening up spaces to escape.

"Get onboard Toad. Karsk told the group of refugees he found.

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Ashley Logan » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:42 pm

Ashley keeps to herself through most of the trip. When they stop to rest, she practices with her weird tech-wizard rifle, spattering bursts of sharpened icicles and water around the target areas. Anyone straying close can hear the tinny, muted sounds of music from around her earbuds as she rests her head against one of the armored windows and just watches the landscape scroll on by.

It's best, she finds, not to get too involved in things. Her job's pretty simple most of the time. Why complicate it by poking her nose into arguments or issues that don't really concern her? That was a good way to end up with a melted ATV.

If nothing else, Ash had a pretty chill, relaxing time in the journey. She almost didn't even notice the smoke...

When the other sprang into action though, she was only a step behind them. Ahead, the world had become a hellish inferno. The sky black with soot, and the ground a constant blaze of orange and red.

"Let me go first," Ashley said. "I can't really see through all this, but tell me where the people are and I'll cut through it to them!"

Then she got to work. First, the flames around her and her team withered and died out. As she moved into the conflagration, that kept happening, cutting a safe path through it all. She tried to widen the area she was affecting...stretching herself to her limit. The heat she was drawing away from the fire, dragging into herself...it was heady and exhilarating but through the fierce, primal joy of using her powers was a warning tinge. A feverishness that was stealing in. A reminder that her body could perhaps not absorb infinite flames without consequence.

But she pressed on. A house, blackened by flames and on the verge of collapsing was suddenly freed from the fire engulfing it. A small family emerged from the cellar, bemused at the sudden turn in their fortunes. On spotting Ashley there, they rushed to her, thanking her. In taking refuge down there they'd seen some kind of vault, they told her. Ash thanked them and had them go back along the safe path she'd made, to where other survivors were gathering. The vault itself could wait. There were more fires to put out!

Later...much later...she went back to the old shell of a house. It'd been a long day, and even though her body was tired, her powers were juiced up and singing in her mind from all the heat she'd stolen from the wildfire. Descending into the cellar, she realized it was some kind of bunker or survivalist thing, probably from before the Rifts had come. The vault was a massive thing of hardened steel. It looked like a tank would have trouble getting through it.

Good thing she'd gassed up.

White hot plasma rocketed from her hands, striking with the focused precision of a welding torch. It sliced through the hinges of the thing, then through the locking mechanism. With a telekinetic yank, Ash then ripped the vault door outward, its edges still glowing yellow, to fall into the cellar with a bone-ringing CLANG.

Whoever had lived here had really liked guns. Like...a lot.
Rolls: Notice 3, Vigor 6, Psionics 12
Notice 1d6 = 2: 2 or 1d6 = 3: 3
Vigor -2 1d6-2 = 1: 3 or 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Ace 1d6 = 2: 2

Into the Fire rolls: Serious Business (1 Wound; Soakable) +2
Psionics 1d12-2 = 5: 7 or 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Extra Effort (benny spent) 1d6+2 = 7: 5 (benny regained)
Soak (benny spent) 1d6+2 = 3: 1 or 1d6+2 = 5: 3 Wound ignored due to success rate, so no soak needed.
Rescued 1d10 = 6: 6 refugees
Got goody! 1d6 = 2: 2
Weapon/Ammo cache worth: 3d10 = 18: 1, 10, 7x100,000 credits
1.8 million credits worth of Stuff!
Last edited by Ashley Logan on Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:10 am, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
Charlemagne
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Charlemagne » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:53 pm

Heroes being Heroic
Common Knowledge - Old Beast
1d8-2 = 6: 8

WD CK
1d6-2 = 2: 4

Notice for the fire
1d8 = 4: 4

WD Notice
1d6 = 5: 5

Vigor - Saving the Day (No Matter The Cost) = net zero bonus
1d6 = 6: 6

Ace Vigor with prior
1d6+6 = 10: 4

Benny EE with Elan and prior
1d6+12 = 15: 3

WD Vigor
1d6 = 3: 3

Rescued refugees
1d10 = 6: 6

Reward
1d6 = 6: 6

Benny to reroll reward
1d6 = 2: 2

2nd benny to reroll (really?)
1d6 = 3: 3

Enchanted Items table
1d20 = 18: 18

One More Benny
1d6 = 4: 4

Finally! HJ roll - Psionics
1d20 = 11: 11
Charlemagne marvels at the inexplicably operable green-shrouded vehicle. "I've heard a tale of this transport. It nearly flew out of Tolkeen, mowing down an entire CS regiment that had slaughtered a shifter's family. The mighty beast caught air, a blast of its horn shouting a reveille to wake the dead, and punched a hole through two gigantic Enforcer armors. The Spirit therein fed on many vile souls who had done harm to innocents that day. I had thought it a legend, until now!"

Charlemagne has begun to learn the art of blocking out Vik's inane babble and Thomas' nigh-constant bellyaching about this or that. But his senses weren't dulled when the fire was spotted. Like a shot, he was out of the howdah and into the air, looking for a way around or through. His sight is drawn to a group of people encircled by flame. With not a second thought, he dives straight for the imperiled group. He announces into his comms. "We have innocents stranded in the midst of the flames. I am initiating rescue! Ashley, Karsk, see what you can do to reduce the flames. Vik..." But before he could issue a command, the incomprehensible lout was charging headlong into the inferno himself. "Good work. Keep at it! We must save these people!" While his armor was proof versus the fire and smoke, the people were not so fortunate. Seeing wisdom in using his natural gifts to their full advantage, he picked up as many as he could, one or two at a time, and flew over and above the conflagration. He made multiple such trips, saving six innocent lives while his team worked towards the same goal.
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Bennies: 5 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus, +1 friendly fired slumber, -1 EE Persuasion/resource negotiation, +1 taking the incapacitator blast, +1 brainburn error, +1 GM birthday, -1 unshake)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks, -4 to hit from Deflection
Toughness: 20 (8) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 13 / 20
Active Powers: Deflection (with raise, -4 to hit), Boost Fighting (with raise, d12+2, adds +2 Pace), cyber armor, twin psi swords (MD)
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Nazo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:30 pm

Vigor for trip
Vigor 1d8-2 = 4: 6 wild 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Agility 12, 7 people saved, 0 wound, body armor roll add leaping to armor
Dramatic Task 2: Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire (Difficulty -4; Successes needed: --). Make a Vigor OR Agility roll.
Fatigue 1d3 = 1: 1
Wounds 1d3 = 3: 3
Benny soak 1d8+4 = 8: 4 wild 1d6+4 = 6: 2 not needed because of armor.
+4: No Matter The Cost - When battle comes, you go all in, winning no matter the personal cost. You accept an 2 Wounds (Soakable) to gain a bonus of +4 to this roll.
Agility roll 1d10 = 6: 6 wild 1d6 = 2: 2 benny for EF 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Two or More Raises: The hero covers himself in glory! Many are saved and his success inspires his allies. She emerges from the fight unscathed and takes no additional wounds. The character may also reduce another player's Critical Failure result to a normal failure if he narrates how he helped. In addition, you gain a Benny ignore 2 Fatigue and 2 Wounds. You rescue 1d10 = 7: 7 refugees. Roll 1d6 = 5: 5 on this Reward table:
  • 5. A refugee you rescue is very grateful and rewards you.. You gain 1 roll on one of these HJ tables: Body Armor, Close Combat Weapons, Cybernetics, Ranged Weapons. Using the Supertech rules, add mods up to your rank to the item. Body Armor roll 1d20 = 13: 13
It was pretty easy. Ashly it seemed had the ability to conteol fire. She litterally cleared great swaths in the once inferno. During that time I wandered accross the black ground looking for survivors. Most that I found ran away back into the flames screaming. I pulled my hat down covering my lack of eyes... Rookie mistake.

Then I saw it. Out in the prarie planes an old facility of some kind with a door that beckoned me ever closer. I had time and the apirits had led me this far so I opened the door and checked out the complex.

Seven people were there. The Cobbler and her six apprenteces. Traveling technicians who called themselves Nema making their way to a city called New Del Rio. They were down here on all this time unable to escape until my arrival.

Swift is my step and light are my feet as I led them to saftey. Once at saftey the Cobbler touches my armor in a few places, adding a few plates here, and working with her wrench there. She tells me that I did good and she would like to give me a small token... My armor is lighter and a bit more well defended. The legs now can bound large leaps without relying on my PPE.


After it is all over Nazo nods in Charlemagne’s genral direction, ”A job well led.”
Combat info
Toughness: 16(8), Parry: 7, Pace: 8, exaughsted -2, 1 wound -1
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 1/20, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers:

Bennies: 6/3
+1 post rate
-1 quickness
+3 jokers

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Ryder » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:53 am

OOC Comments
Notice 1d6+2 = 8: 6 ACE 1d6+8 = 10: 2
Wild Notice 1d6+2 = 6: 4

No Matter the Cost (2 Wounds)
Agility (-4 Scene, +4 Resource Bonus)
Agility 1d10 = 7: 7
Wild Agility 1d6 = 4: 4
Extra Effort w/ Elan 1d6+9 = 14: 5
2 Raises! Cancels the 2 wounds, gets back the EE bennie spent, and generates a reward:

Refugee Count: 1d10 = 1: 1

Reward: Cache of Weapons: 3d10 = 23: 10, 3, 10 = 2,300,000 Credits worth.

Weapon 1:
Solar Laser Cannon (Medium Vehicular Laser)
  • Range: 150/300/600; RoF: 3
  • Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 12, Solar
  • Mod Slots: 2
  • Super-Tech Mods (factored into above)
    • Energy Control (Solar) (Limitation -2, can only affect weapon target) (3 Pts)
    • Rate of Fire +2 (6 pts)
    • AP +2 (1 pt)
  • Total Value: 1.3 Million
Weapon 2:
Solar Wyrm (CP-50 “Dragonfire” Laser Rifle)
  • Range: 30/60/120; RoF: 5; Shots: 60
  • Damage: 3d6+2, AP 2, Solar
  • Notes: Nightvision Scope reduces Range/Illumination Penalties by 2; 3RB (x3 Shots, +2 Hit/+2 Damage)
  • Weight: 10
  • Super-Tech Mods (factored into above)
    • Energy Control (Solar) (Limitation -2, can only affect weapon target) (3 Pts)
    • Rate of Fire +2 (6 pts)
    • Extra Action (Limitation -2, Can only be used to do a Laser/Grenade combo shot, 1 pt)
  • Integrated Grenade Launcher
    • Range: 20/40/80; RoF: 1; Shots: 12
    • Damage By Grenade
  • Total Value: 175,000 Cr.
Grenade Stash (100 Each; Total Value: 380,000)
All Grenades are Mega-Damage, and have a throwing range of 5/10/20.
Armor Piercing (3d8, AP 8, SBT)
Fragmentation (3d6, LBT)
High Explosive (3d8, MBT)
Plasma (3d10, SBT)

Silvered Vibro-Swords (4)
  • Str+d10 MD Silver, AP 4
    Value: 110,000 Cr per set, 440K total




.
Ryder was driving at a nice, leisurely pace through the prarie when the Aeon Cassowary's sensors started wailing, and moments later, he saw the column of smoke on the horizon. He could see a small settlement there, too, and realized folks living there would be awfully close to the flames. Ain't gettin' paid for this... but that was Gus' concern, not mine. Gunning the engine, he raced across the flatlands towards the town.

By the time he gets there, the blaze is well underway, and he sees a fair number of refugees being led out of the flames by... well, by big damn heroes, at least that's what it looks like from his spot. But before he can approach and ask if any of them want a lift, he spots a lone settler on the far side of the fire from the rest of them--the man is desperately trying to tug a gigantic crate, by hand. Damned fool's gonna get himself killed... Or me, since I'm apparently a do-gooder, now.

He veers off-course, rolling through the smoke and fire and cutting a path directly to the man, who is staggering, about to be overcome completely by the smoke. Popping the hatch on the side of the Cassowary, he comes to a dust-spraying halt and shouts at the man. "Get your kiester in here--oh, for the love of!" The man was STILL trying to drag the crate into the truck. Realizing that he was just that determined, Ryder leaped out his door, and ran around to help--the servos in his Triax making it child's play to heft both the crate and the man into the back, and then runs up front to drive again.

A moment later, the truck bursts back out of the wall of flames, this time much closer to the other refugees. He turns around, prepared to chide the man for his folly, but is taken aback to see him rummaging through the crate. Just as he stops the truck, a safe distance from the fire, the man gives a sigh of relief, pulling out a small signal beacon. He looks up at Ryder, his face covered in soot and ash. "Suppose you think I'm a horse's ass, and that's probably true enough, sir. But I needed this, more than I can ever fully explain. My brother--last family I have in the world--he just escaped from the Coalition, and he's coming to me; he's got the receiver that'll follow him to the beacon. He won't be able to find me without it. I couldn't get the crate unlocked, let alone get the rest of the stuff out of the way, in time to get out of the flames. " He pauses. "But this is the only thing I care about. You keep the crate and the contents. My brother sent it ahead, he's a real fine tinkerer. But we'll be able to set up a new shop, once he gets here."

With that, the man steps out of the truck carrying the beacon, only to be beset by a pretty young woman who gives him a smack and a hug, laugh-weeping his name (which is apparently "Cletus Mack"). Looks like he won't only have his brother as family for long, if that young lady has her way. Ryder smiled, taking a moment to raise a brow at the weapons cache inside the crate. Good lord, this is more'n the price on my head. Well, at least it was, 'fore I blew away that guy at the ambush. Pretty sure Creo's one of Zargus' favorites. Might've nudged the price up a bit. Still.... This'll let me outfit this rig.

Closing the crate, the Trimadore gets out of the truck, waving to the other rescuers. "Well, that was exciting. My name's Ryder. You don't exactly look like settlers--take it you were just passin' by, like me?"
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Elec d6; Lockpicking d10+2; Notice d6 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d6+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 8/6
  • Q4/18 Adventure Cards:
    We Have The Talent: "You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit."
    Lucky Break "Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack."
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by KahlessNestor » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:20 am

Date: September 18, 109 PA (Day 9 of travel)
Time: 1400
Weather: 10 degrees cooler than normal for season (warm); no wind, no rain
Location: Near Oklahoma City
Ley Line: None
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Daylight
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0

***

Tara Black looked at Vik with wry amusement. “I hadn’t realized I was that famous,” she said. “Yes, my father was with Red River. I may have...taken a few things when I left, and had a few choice words for the man my father wanted me to marry. Guess they hold a grudge.”

***

The prairie fire was entirely too large for Ashley to handle completely, but she managed to open a relatively safe path through the wall of flames as the Trailblazers rushed into the smoke and fire to save the trapped refugees. As the team stumbled blackened and coughing to the other side about an hour later, a Mountaineer comes roaring out of the fire to pull up.

The 101st takes a moment to take stock of who was injured and fatigued as the flames race away, leaving them standing in blackened grass with thirty-five refugees in need of medical attention, food, and supplies.

The Trailblazers are a day or less away from New Alamo, according to their maps and coordinates, but what to do with these needful people? And who is this Ryder character?
Results
Vik saves 7 refugees, 557 MR
Thomas saved 4 refugees
Toad saved 4 refugees
Ashley saved 6 refugees, 600 MR
Charlemagne saved 6 refugees
Nazo saved 7 refugees
Ryder saved 1 refugee, 148 MR
Total refugees: 35
Instructions
So you now have 35 refugees. There are burns and smoke inhalation, etc. among them. Plus some of your party (Thomas?) might be incapacitated by the fire. You can do healing attempts, but you’re getting to the end of the Golden Hour.
  • Each injured character is allowed 1 attempt to use the Heal skill to heal Wounds and 1 casting of Healing to heal wounds. Any Wounds remaining will be outside the Golden Hour and subject to natural healing rules.
  • Decide what you want to do about the refugees.
  • RP with Ryder


Travel details
  • It is 26 miles down to New Alamo. That is a little over a day on foot (10 hours travel) You can shorten that by doing a Forced March (12 hours travel, Vigor roll for Fatigue), going All Out (16 hours travel, Vigor -2), or Non-Stop (24 hours travel, Vigor -4). You can change your pace after each leg of the trip. (No magic or Succor allowed, as it represents the cumulative wear of travel)



***
Combat Notes
Howdah (riding Karsk): Handling -2

Initiative:

Karsk (Quick)
Charlemagne (Cyberkinetic -2)
Thomas
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)
Vik
Ashley

Enemies:
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/8
Whiskey Pete 2/2
Billy Duchesne 1/2
Melanie Duchesne 1/2

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Thomas » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:50 am

Thomas looks around at the devastation and the lucky survivors they saved. His draconic form regenerating the wounds, but not sufficient to restore the exhaustion he feels. "Right then. All in a days work for the Legion, saving lives. Glad we could be along for you. Really a tragedy about your loss here."

Looking around then pointing off in the distance he finishes. "Well if you travel in that direction for a bit you will find safety and maybe be able to start a new life. I would invite you to join us, but we are heading out to commit suicide, so not much point in that."

Examining the rider and the miserable looking machine Thomas thinks. He has heard of such things, but rarely sees them. He leaves this part of the job to Charlemagne, he may want to give away the last of their food and water or something. who knows, maybe he is thinking we should all start polishing the shoes of the refugees and each offer up a rarely used left arm to help stretch the food out the way these Legion fellows are thinking.

Notice 4 or 7, Regeneration 1 wound
Notice 1d8 = 7: 7
Notice Wild 1d6 = 2: 2

Fast Regeneration
Vigor 1d12-3 = 2: 5
Wild 1d6-3 = -2: 1
Extra Effort vigor for regeneration 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 2

Personal PPE: 20/20
Staff PPE: 1/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
  • Elemental Mastery
Bennies 2
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
    +1 Post rate
    -1 Extra Effort on Trade roll for Fort Hope
    -1 Extra effort Regeneration
Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 - True Invisibility -6 to notice or attack
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 4/20
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
  • Elemental Mastery
    Greater Slumber
    True Invisibility
Bennies 5
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
    +1 Post rate
    +1 Vik Joker

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Karsk » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:46 am

Notice 10
OOC Comments
1d8 = 8: 8
wild dice 1d6 = 6: 6 ace 1d6 = 4: 4
"Put the wounded or unable to walk on Toad,Karsk will take them," he offers

He looks over at Thomas who appears to be close to falling over.

"And Thomas too. Does not look like he can handle the trip."

User avatar
Charlemagne
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Charlemagne » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:29 pm

As the conflagration dies down, Charlemagne assists both Vik and Ashley in transporting their discovered assets to the triage area where the rest of the group is resting. He notes, as he checks the containers, a matching set of silver-toothed chainswords with crosses emblazoned in the crossguards. "If these were not a gift of St. Michael the Archangel, then I have no wings."
OOC Comments
Charlemagne would like to add 2 chain longswords to his inventory. The Shining Light and The Righteous Quickening. The swords are enchanted, silver-toothed chain longswords. When activated, they respond to the assaults of the enemy almost independently of the wielder; one striking out at those who approach to engage, the other seizes openings in the enemy's defense after a failed attack. In addition, The Shining Light Blinds its target on impact, and the Burden of the Unrighteous Slows its target.

Silver Chain Longsword - The Shining Light - 14,000 cr
Damage: Str+2d8
Minor Mods (2):
  • Half weight (7 lbs) - 5,000 cr
  • Silver trapping - 5,000 cr
Major Mods (4):
  • Counterattack (with this weapon only) - 40,000 cr
  • Improved Counterattack (with this weapon only) - 60,000 cr
  • Add Power: Blind (activated on a successful Fighting roll, and only the stricken foe is affected) - 100,000 cr
  • Add Power: Light/Obscure - 20,000 cr
total cost: 244,000 cr

Silver Chain Longsword - The Burden of the Unrighteous - 14,000 cr
Damage: Str+2d8
Minor Mods (2):
  • Half weight (7 lbs) - 5,000 cr
  • Silver trapping - 5,000 cr
Major Mods (4):
  • First Strike - 20,000 cr
  • Improved First Strike - 80,000 cr
  • Add Power: Slow (activated on successful Fighting roll) - 200,000 cr
  • Add Power: Speed - 20,000 cr
total cost: 344,000 cr

Charlemagne smiles. "What my temporarily-draconic friend means to say, is that we have a task we must attend to. However, we would not leave you in the wilderness without help and defense. You may come with us as we travel to New Alamo, though I daresay it may not be your most favored destination. We are willing to do what we can to accommodate and attend to your injuries and ailments, and then carry you as far as we are able in the direction we are traveling." He wipes the soot from a child's face, then continues addressing the crowd. "If you have nothing left for you here, I can offer you a new place north of here, at a place called Fort Hope. I am the chief overseer there, and am willing to make room for you if, in exchange, you contribute to making it a better place."

He looks at Ryder while still addressing the crowd. "All are welcome there, including those who may not be refugees, but are skilled in their own right." Then he faces the trimadore, and bows. "Your assistance in that rescue was unforeseen, but most welcome. I am Charlemagne. I am the field commander of Fort Hope, an outpost of the Tomorrow Legion. We are on a mission of mercy and relief to New Alamo. These are my faithful associates. Karsk is my second. Thomas is our logistics administrator and resident chief of self preservation. Vik is in operations and repair. Ashley is in environmental control and security. Nazo there is our spiritual advisor." He extends one of his hands, offering a shake. "If you lack a destination or a cause, or even steady work, we can make a place for you with us. I will not pretend as if adding a skilled driver and transport to our list of assets will cause us distress. You would be most welcome. As I mentioned, our destination is New Alamo, to act as temporary security for the town."
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Bennies: 5 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus, +1 friendly fired slumber, -1 EE Persuasion/resource negotiation, +1 taking the incapacitator blast, +1 brainburn error, +1 GM birthday, -1 unshake)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks, -4 to hit from Deflection
Toughness: 20 (8) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 13 / 20
Active Powers: Deflection (with raise, -4 to hit), Boost Fighting (with raise, d12+2, adds +2 Pace), cyber armor, twin psi swords (MD)
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Ryder » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:12 pm

Ryder listens to Charlemagne's pitch with an unreadable expression. The long limbs move gracefully as he comes over and shakes Charlemagne's hand--careful not to crush it with the enhanced grip provided by the Triax Enhanced armor he's wearing.

"Well, well. The Tomorrow Legion, huh? I've heard a bit about you folks from towns I've been passing through. There's a group of dwarven miners up in Missouri who seem to think you guys walk on water. There's also a town out west where they called you a bunch of... what was it again? "Murder hobos"? Yeah, that was it." He looks over the disheveled but still breathing refugees. "After seein' that little display, I'm inclined to believe the first report over the second. And I don't deny, I could use with regular payin' work. You wanna get these folks to New Alamo? The Aeon Cassowary's got plenty of space to do a couple shuttle runs, if you all think that could work. But I'd need the help of a co-driver to make top speed. My old partner and I had a falling out a few months back, you see. So, if you got a driver among your number, and a frequency for your comms so we can all stay in touch by radio, we can get started." He does some quick mental calculations. "Unless there's an issue along the way, I should be able to get two runs done and get back here before nightfall. We'd need three of you good townsfolk to volunteer to spend the night in camp with us. The rest can crowd in--it'll be cramped, but in less than 4 hours, you'll be in whatever beds are available in New Alamo. Then the rest of us can come on--assuming you want to stick together for that last bit, we could still be there by noon, I reckon."
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Elec d6; Lockpicking d10+2; Notice d6 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d6+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 8/6
  • Q4/18 Adventure Cards:
    We Have The Talent: "You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit."
    Lucky Break "Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack."
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Nazo » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:22 am

Nazo nods haphazardly to Charlemagne when he intoduces her. Her wide brimmed black hat sheilding her lack of eyes from most onlookers. The spirits have brought these people to us for a reason. To cast them aside now would be a mistake.
She manages a soft demur greeting in a sing song voice clearly enhanced by magic when she addresses the crowd, ” Gather what you have left and we make for New Alamo with all haste. With heavy toll placed on your bodies, your spirits will remain bright!”

Nazo looks at the assets gathered by her allies. Perhaps in that pile of weapons is one of healing?
” Charlemagne, Vik, Ashly in those weapons recovered did you perhaps see something that radiates magic? Umm in Japan we heard stories about great trees of hope that would give boons to those goodly heroes. I saw such a tree shrouded by the smoke when the fields of Kyoto were set a blaze. My master, Kitito, spoke of a staff made from a rather ordinary branch with 8-12 leaf buds... The staff of life, is there perhaps one there and with such a weapon we could heal these folks and get moving.”
Staff of life, pg 36 rifts japan, 138k I think
Neural mace base item: Neural Mace, Str+d6, lbs 9, 8,000 creds Notes: Touch Attack, victim rolls Vigor, failure = Inc., roll Vigor 1/round to revive to Shaken.
Minor: +2 vigor rolls vs poison and disease(could just do +2 vigor, up to gm.)-10k
Major: leaf bud heal, 1 on the arcane skill roll means no more healimg attempts can be made for 24 hours as the leaves need to regrow. 20k
Major: Leaf bud restorative Greater heal. 1 on the arcane skill roll makes the staff disappear forever as its healing leaves have been used up.60k
Major: Healer edge- 20k
Major: Environmental Protection “Purification”-20k
—All powers cost +1 ppt to cast. Item has 10 ppts.
Upon seeimg if there is such a benifical weapon Nazo turns to the new commer. Is he a human? Seems gangly and almost too mishapen. Nazo half smiles and bows her face mostly hidden behind her wide hat. ” I am Nazo, it is good to have another to help us. The spirits have brought you to us, and we must make haste if we are to arrive in time to help those in New Alamo.”With her brief welcome issued she is off to New Alamo and does not stop.
Vigor not stopping, success with a 4!
Vigor -4 1d8 = 3: 3 wild 1d6 = 3: 3 benny reroll with elan 1d8-2 = 4: 6 wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6
[If such a staff of life is found Nazo will cast mega heal several times]
Combat info
Toughness: 16(8), Parry: 7, Pace: 8, exaughsted -2, 1 wound -1
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 1/20, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers:

Bennies: 6/3
+1 post rate
-1 quickness
+3 jokers

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Karsk » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:35 am

rolls carried

"Karsk, scout," The Simvan taps his chest, "Toad," he taps the side of the Rhino Buffalo,

User avatar
Charlemagne
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Charlemagne » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:29 pm

Charlemagne nods to Ryder. "There is merit in your suggestion. I cannot pilot the vehicle, though I believe Ashley is capable. I think it best if I accompany you, regardless, as I may be needed to make introductions and ascertain the situation in New Alamo. I can ride on the outside of the vehicle in order to allow the maximum number of passengers to be transported. I will occasionally make aerial scouting sorties to gauge our path ahead, if it will assist you."
He turns to Karsk. "I leave the remainder of the refugees and our company in your capable hands. Maintain radio contact as long as possible. We will keep you apprised of what we find ahead."
Lastly, he addresses Thomas. "Do what you can to care for the people. Feed them if they're hungry." He leans in closer and whispers...not quietly. "Determine which are the most able-bodied among the refugees who will be able to acquit themselves in battle, should we be overtaken in the night. Those are the ones who stay. Please, then, coordinate an even mix of capable and infirm, or women and children, to go in each caravan. And let us do that now, so we may be off with our new associate." He smiles, claps Thomas on the shoulder, then turns back to the crowd. "My associate, Thomas, will be taking an accounting of each of you, and will divide you into groups for travel. Please, form a line, and see him as soon as you are able." He bows to Ashley. "Would you be so kind as to assist Ryder in driving the vehicle? I shall be joining you."
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Bennies: 5 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus, +1 friendly fired slumber, -1 EE Persuasion/resource negotiation, +1 taking the incapacitator blast, +1 brainburn error, +1 GM birthday, -1 unshake)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks, -4 to hit from Deflection
Toughness: 20 (8) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 13 / 20
Active Powers: Deflection (with raise, -4 to hit), Boost Fighting (with raise, d12+2, adds +2 Pace), cyber armor, twin psi swords (MD)
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Ryder » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:16 pm

Ryder nods in understanding of Charlemagne's proposal. "I'll let you know any time I see a patch that'll require slow driving--that's the best spots for you to go for a flying recon, since you won't fall behind." He turns and nods to Ashley. "The co-pilot's controls are standard-issue; only my controls are set for a Trimadore's frame, so you'll work out just fine, I'm sure." He greets his other new companions, memorizing their names. "Nazo, Karsk. You all look like good folks to travel with."

Once they've got the first group loaded, and Ashley is settled in, he fires up the Cassowary and heads off towards New Alamo.
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Elec d6; Lockpicking d10+2; Notice d6 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d6+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 8/6
  • Q4/18 Adventure Cards:
    We Have The Talent: "You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit."
    Lucky Break "Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack."
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Thomas » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:13 am

Wanting to lay down and sleep for a week, Thomas is disappointed when he is instead ordered by Charlemagne's to do his job he sits up and brushes himself off. "Okay people, lets get you lined up over here."

With 35 people the process can take a couple hours. But Thomas is able to sort through them, gather the relevant personal information to ensure their needs can be met. Allocating food and water rations Thomas begins seeing how long the food they have left will last as well and ensuring he himself eats and drinks. While going through the new refugees Thomas also looks for other opportunities, such as special skills or talents.

"While we travel each of you capable of shooting will be expected to shoot at anything that attack us. Unless they are vampires, then I suggest running away to find cover and waiting for the soldiers to finish them off." Some testing shows only a dozen of them are skilled enough to be trusted with the weapons, so Thomas asks Charlemagne for permission to hand out some laser weapons.
Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 - True Invisibility -6 to notice or attack
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 4/20
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
  • Elemental Mastery
    Greater Slumber
    True Invisibility
Bennies 5
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
    +1 Post rate
    +1 Vik Joker

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Nazo » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:56 pm

Ryder wrote:Ryder nods in understanding of Charlemagne's proposal. "I'll let you know any time I see a patch that'll require slow driving--that's the best spots for you to go for a flying recon, since you won't fall behind." He turns and nods to Ashley. "The co-pilot's controls are standard-issue; only my controls are set for a Trimadore's frame, so you'll work out just fine, I'm sure." He greets his other new companions, memorizing their names. "Nazo, Karsk. You all look like good folks to travel with."

Once they've got the first group loaded, and Ashley is settled in, he fires up the Cassowary and heads off towards New Alamo.
((Rolls Held, Going Non stop to get to New Alamo))

Nazo bows deeply at the tall gangly figure. Tall for a human and mis shapen. Perhaps some kind of war disfigured him or a birth defect. What is that behemoth he rides? No dragon or mythic beast or I would hear its resting heart beat... But still something that roars! Nazo’s voice is like a song on the soft blowing wind, ” Greetings returned great Ryder. What land do you hail from? What beast so accompies you, it roars and yet I cannot hear its heart?” Only her rosey cheeks and and soft smiling lips peer from beneath her hat.
Thomas wrote:Wanting to lay down and sleep for a week, Thomas is disappointed when he is instead ordered by Charlemagne's to do his job he sits up and brushes himself off. "Okay people, lets get you lined up over here."

With 35 people the process can take a couple hours. But Thomas is able to sort through them, gather the relevant personal information to ensure their needs can be met. Allocating food and water rations Thomas begins seeing how long the food they have left will last as well and ensuring he himself eats and drinks. While going through the new refugees Thomas also looks for other opportunities, such as special skills or talents.

"While we travel each of you capable of shooting will be expected to shoot at anything that attack us. Unless they are vampires, then I suggest running away to find cover and waiting for the soldiers to finish them off." Some testing shows only a dozen of them are skilled enough to be trusted with the weapons, so Thomas asks Charlemagne for permission to hand out some laser weapons.
With one hand on her hip she listen’s attentivly to Thomas’ orders. It is good that someone trains them in the art of war. They will need to know death before they learn a new life. Several seem weary and I wish we had found a weapon of mercy in all the armaments recovered. Perhaps another time. She glides softly to Thomas’ side and cocks her head almost as if to look at him under her wide brim hat. ” You do well to prepare these people for what is to come. I can feel the spirits with in all here give thanks to have a master teacher.”

Despite her conversations and feelings to be better prepared Nazo makes haste for New Alamo with all the speed she is capable of.
Combat info
Toughness: 16(8), Parry: 7, Pace: 8, exaughsted -2, 1 wound -1
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 1/20, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers:

Bennies: 6/3
+1 post rate
-1 quickness
+3 jokers

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Thomas » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:36 pm

Nazo wrote: With one hand on her hip she listen’s attentively to Thomas’ orders. It is good that someone trains them in the art of war. They will need to know death before they learn a new life. Several seem weary and I wish we had found a weapon of mercy in all the armaments recovered. Perhaps another time. She glides softly to Thomas’ side and cocks her head almost as if to look at him under her wide brim hat. ” You do well to prepare these people for what is to come. I can feel the spirits with in all here give thanks to have a master teacher.”
Thomas hears the compliment from Nazo and is knocked off guard a little. He was not used to simple compliments without catches or insinuated comments added in. "Um, yes well. Thank you Nazo." He says as his mind tries to spin through what she could have meant by the words.
Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 - True Invisibility -6 to notice or attack
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 4/20
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
  • Elemental Mastery
    Greater Slumber
    True Invisibility
Bennies 5
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
    +1 Post rate
    +1 Vik Joker

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Vik » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:36 am

Vik shakes his head in amazement at the heavy ordinance that Thomas, Nazo and others pull forth from the old lady's cache of weapons.

"Bleeding ol' gran was sitting on a magical arsenal what'd make one a them Sluggos dry up wif jealousy, I'd wager. Regular old deadly sin of envy."

When Ryder shows up, he squints suspiciously, fingers tap-tap-tapping on his new rifle while he considers whether he ought to look for cover.

"You ain't with that flat-nosed fella back in Kansas City what bought them thermonucular bits off of? Name a Turtle, or Tut-Tut or somefin, wif the wompy yooge somber-error-row, an' the chicken-leg robot? Cause I paid him square, or at least paid him, best I recollect, an' anyway, it's like different states and postal codes and what."

Once reassured that Ryder is not affiliated with the trimadore he swindled in Baldur's Ferry, Vik smiles wide and begins inspecting the man's vehicle, tapping and prodding and whistling appreciatively.

"Well then, welcome to the fam'ly, as it were. Right reliable bunch, 'cept for Tommy, and even he's got some uses when he gets turned round and forgets to scarper off. Don't s'pose you've got the 'Homesteader' package installed, wif the still and whatnot? No? Well, s'pose we could get somefin brewed up wif a bit of piping and them portable plates what they use for keeping the kettle on when you've got an office but no, like, breakroom, not that anyone's getting breaks these days, and oy, Charlie -- why ain't we getting proper breaks for tea and biscuits, like? I mean, do I have to ring up my union representative, like, or petition for an act of Parliament to get a little breather for a pint and a smoke?"

Grumbling at any talk of splitting the party -- "Ain't you knobs never played a game of Dungeons & Drag-queens?" -- he gathers round the refugees and whips together a piston-powered thermos he calls a Communal Kettle of Curing [A gizmo of succor] and uses it to cast greater succor as many times as needed to remove everyone's fatigue.
TW 12 to create Succor device with 15 PPE
Techno-Wizardry 1d10+4 = 10: 6
Wild 1d6+4 = 10: 6 = Ace! 1d6+10 = 12: 2 = Success with a raise, device has 15 PPE
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d8
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (four times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 15/20
Active Effects:
Adventure Cards: 53 - Riled Up Play after sustaining a wound; your attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene.

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Ryder » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:30 pm

The Trimadore confirms he has neither a connection to Kansas City, nor a still or other, similar accommodations aboard his truck. "I'm unfamiliar with the game you mention; I am, however, a bit of a fan of pre-cataclysm computer games. In those, I assure you, the words 'Escort Mission' are among the foulest you might ever run across."
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Elec d6; Lockpicking d10+2; Notice d6 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d6+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 8/6
  • Q4/18 Adventure Cards:
    We Have The Talent: "You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit."
    Lucky Break "Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack."
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Thomas » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:19 am

Feeling better from whatever music Vik used, but not ready to admit it, Thomas complains. "I am reliable. Not being suicidal does not mean I am unreliable. Quite the contrary, it means I will be more likely to get them through alive.

"Because I will not be going miles out of my way to pick fights with every monster we see."
Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 - True Invisibility -6 to notice or attack
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 4/20
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
  • Elemental Mastery
    Greater Slumber
    True Invisibility
Bennies 5
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
    +1 Post rate
    +1 Vik Joker

User avatar
Charlemagne
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Charlemagne » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:13 pm

Charlemagne laughs. "Thomas, my friend! We cannot ignore the call of adventure and heroism in the name of the greater good and a better hope for tomorrow. We must answer the clarion call! I'll make a bargain with you. Let us be obedient to our orders, as long as they are lawful and cause no harm to innocents in carrying them out. In exchange, any enemies beyond our reach, we will not engage. Is this more to your liking?" He grins and jovially slaps Thomas on the back.
Turning to Vik, he smiles broadly. "Now is your break, my friend. Eat, drink, and be merry! Just do so on the march, and try not to ignite Toad with your funny smelling smoke. Rest and relaxation will be our due in but a day. I'm sure the accommodations in New Alamo will be serviceable. The skies there are lovely."
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Bennies: 5 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus, +1 friendly fired slumber, -1 EE Persuasion/resource negotiation, +1 taking the incapacitator blast, +1 brainburn error, +1 GM birthday, -1 unshake)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks, -4 to hit from Deflection
Toughness: 20 (8) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 13 / 20
Active Powers: Deflection (with raise, -4 to hit), Boost Fighting (with raise, d12+2, adds +2 Pace), cyber armor, twin psi swords (MD)
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by KahlessNestor » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:42 am

Date: September 18, 109 PA (Day 10 of travel)
Time: 1800
Weather: Temperature normal for season (warm); no wind, light rain
Location: New Alamo
Ley Line: None
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Sun setting
  • Visibility: -1 light rain
Round 0

***

Ryder, Ashley, and Charlemagne loaded the first group of refugees into the Mountaineer and headed off toward New Alamo. It only took them a bit more than half an hour to arrive and take in the sight of the village. It was of a rather substantial size for a village in this area of the world. Situated on the bank of a river, it was surrounded by a moat of water as well and on a small rise in the otherwise flat prairie. It was surrounded by a wall twelve feet high made of simple cinder block, nothing too protective against heavy weapons. The wall was topped with sharp wooden stakes and silvered razorwire. All along the wall at a height of ten feet the wall was lined with carved wooden crosses. Above the crosses was a garland of garlic that surrounded the town. It was definitely a town well-defended against vampires.

The gate was approached by a drawbridge that was down during the daylight hours. The members of the 101st and refugees were stopped at the gate by several young men and women who looked to be in their young teens wearing inexpensive armor.. None were older than sixteen, for sure. Some of the boys wore tabards indicating they were cyber-knight squires in training, not yet been granted their nanites. The girls wore the robes of Magdalena novices over their armor. They were supervised by an old cyber-knight in full armor well into his seventies who waved a cane at the youngsters from where he sat beside the gate. Two of the novices helped him up and he hobbled forward to greet the vehicle. He seemed pleased to meet Charlemagne and gave his name as Simon.

The residents of the town were more than happy to take in the refugees. They knew of the Tomorrow Legion and were willing to help. Driving into the town square, the place seemed almost a ghost town. There were more of the teens and pre-teens walking the parapet on the walls, along with the elderly. A few younger children ran around with little supervision, it seemed. A few of the outlying farmers had moved into the town temporarily since there were no Magdalena and Cyber-Knight patrols while the army was gone. These were young to middle-aged families with small children, and usually nothing more than a basic hunting rifle. In a town built for a couple thousand, there were maybe a couple hundred people.

The second refugee trip went quicker, since the route was better known, and then after sunset Ryder, Ashley, and Charlemagne had returned to where the others had set up camp with the remaining three refugees.

There was a tension in the air that night, an almost palpable feeling of dread. Maybe it was just nerves, there in the heart of undefended Pecos territory. If bandits didn’t get you, vampires might. Or whatever else lurked in the darkness. Even Toad was jumpy, turning his nose up at first from the deer Karsk had hunted for him until Kark convinced him he needed to eat for the next days’ travel. Sleep was rough, given the nerves, but tired and cranky, you still managed to get moving in the morning.

Travel the next day was more miserable than usual. It had warmed up to the normal stifling late summer temperatures and a light rain fell, making everything soggy and humid, and increasing Toad’s natural stink of shaggy, wet fur. It wasn’t as bad as previous legs of the trip had been, however, as everyone was able to fit inside the Mountaineer, including Karsk, if he wanted to. Toad seems more than happy to be rid of the howdah, which is packed into the Mountaineer with the rest of the gear.

The team pushed on past the normal time it would have stopped to make camp and secure provisions knowing that at the end of a couple more hours’ travel would be a warm hearth and good food and secure walls.

As the sun was setting the team sets eyes on New Alamo’s walls. There seemed to be activity at the gate. It looked like they were getting ready to close up as darkness approached, so a bit of hurry was necessary to catch them in time. It seemed another traveller had a similar idea. A Big Boss ATV pulling a large hover trailer was pulled up to the gate. The trailer was emblazoned with a colorful sign that said WHISKEY PETE PURVEYOR OF FINE LIQUOR AND SUNDRIES! An older man with a shock of white hair and beard was chatting with Simon the Gatekeeper and slipping the old cyber-knight a bottle of whiskey.

As the Trailblazers pull up to the gates, the old man turned to greet them with a large grin. “Ah! Fellow travelers! Welcome to New Alamo! Ah am Whiskey Pete, purveyor of fine liquors and sundries! Ya’ll must be thirsty after such a long journey. The good cyber-knight says ya’ll come all the way from beyond Pecos territory. Would y’all like some samples?” He produced from a long, gaudy coat several small bottles of various liquors: whiskey, brandy, cognac, vodka, amaretto. You name it, he supplied it. “I even have Coors, straight from the Colorado Baronies!”

Once everyone was inside, the gates were closed and locked securely. Whiskey Pete parked his rig to the side of the square and opened up the rear of the Big Boss to pull out some crates and boxes of merchandise for sharing and selling. A couple of young Magdalena novices take Ashley to the convent and show her to a cell she can use for the night. The males in the 101st are taken to the cyber-knight barracks. Accommodations are functional and basically comfortable, but hardly luxurious. But better than sleeping on the ground. Then all are invited to the rectory for a welcoming feast, liberally lubricated by the wares of Whiskey Pete.
Instructions
  • Benny Opportunity: Write a good scene of what spooky, weird, or just something that made you jump happened during your watch overnight. You weren’t attacked, but there definitely seemed “something out there”. Then take a benny.
  • Everyone, including Toad, needs to make a straight Vigor roll for traveling past the standard 8 hours.
  • Feel free to RP and interact with Whiskey Pete and the residents of New Alamo. They are all mostly at the extreme of the age ranges, the young and the old, with a few civilian families, as well as the refugees you rescued. But they are rolling out the welcome wagon, so feel free to embellish and have fun.


Travel details
  • It is 0 miles down to New Alamo. That is a little over a day on foot (10 hours travel) You can shorten that by doing a Forced March (12 hours travel, Vigor roll for Fatigue), going All Out (16 hours travel, Vigor -2), or Non-Stop (24 hours travel, Vigor -4). You can change your pace after each leg of the trip. (No magic or Succor allowed, as it represents the cumulative wear of travel)



***
Combat Notes
Howdah (riding Karsk): Handling -2

Initiative:

Karsk (Quick)
Charlemagne (Cyberkinetic -2)
Thomas
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)
Vik
Ashley

Enemies:
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/8
Whiskey Pete 2/2
Billy Duchesne 1/2
Melanie Duchesne 1/2

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Ryder » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 pm

OOC Comments
Vigor 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild Vigor 1d6 = 1: 1
EE Bennie 1d6+3 = 9: 6 Of course 1d6+9 = 10: 1

Notice 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild Notice 1d6 = 5: 5

Repair 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Wild Repair 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Mr. Fix-it = 1/2 time taken

Bennie spent for the Vigor roll balances out the bennie earned from the Spooky Happening Post; net 6/6 bennies.
.
Ryder sat on watch that night, tending the small fire and keeping alert. A log shifted, and sent sparks up into the sky with a sharp hiss. The Trimadore jerked his head in the bonfire's direction, just instinctively, and saw... something, in the flames. It could just be a trick of the light, and the tendency to see things in shapes that aren't really there--the humans had a word for it, he knew, but couldn't remember it. But it looked like a face, though an angry, wicked one. And the hiss and pop of the fire almost sounded like a voice, or maybe there was a human word for that phenomenon, too. Bring them back to me... Bring them back... My work is not done..... And then, as suddenly as it started, it was over, and the fire was just a fire, and the sounds were just the normal sounds of the prairie. Or maybe it had never been anything but a fire and sounds and an overactive imagination.

Ryder did not sleep particularly well, once his shift was over.

***********

At the town, Ryder takes the opportunity to purchase a case of something called "Malort". "I developed a taste for it during a brief period I spent in the Burbs when I left the Federation. It has a curious following among the locals, though they always seemed surprised that I actually enjoyed it."

Whiskey Pete, himself, is floored at the concept. "Usually, I only offload that stuff as a dare."

Stowing the bottle for later, Ryder then spends the time before going to bed affixing his new solar cannon to the roof of the Aeon Cassowary. The work flies by (as it always does for his kind), and soon he has a freshly mounted weapon designed very specifically for the nasties they expect. Once done with the work, he declines to take the proffered barracks bunk, instead sleeping in the vehicle--he's really much more comfortable there than he would be in anything else. He does, however, accept an offer of a 'new' pillow from one of the townsfolk.
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Elec d6; Lockpicking d10+2; Notice d6 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d6+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 8/6
  • Q4/18 Adventure Cards:
    We Have The Talent: "You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit."
    Lucky Break "Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack."
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Nazo » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:17 pm

We are slowing... End of the trip at last. Oh spirits I am going to be sick! ” Ryder let me out!” Even before the Mountaineer gets to New Alamo Nazo pops the hatch and leaps out twinging her ankle. In the nick of time thrusts her hat off huching over spewing her lunch on the dirt. She spits twice and wipes her mouth muttering ”Fracking Vehicles.”

After gathering her hat and adfixing it to her head just so she limps the last mile and makes it to town slightly exaughsted and nursing her ankle.
Vigor 1d8 = 1: 1 wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Nazo siliently listens to folks greet others and move around. Seems like only a couple hundred. Where are the Oni?
To gate keeper and wiskey man she grimaces with a fair share of pain. But she asks her question of them, ” Where are Vampires?” She of course takes some food and water if she can get any weary from her journey.

While in town and as the night sets on watch she keeps a careful eye out for any arcane auras of note or out of place as well as souring her feelings for whom within her radar sight maybe supernaturally evil.
Detect arcana at will -2 exausted, -1 wound 1d10-3 = 0: 3 wild 1d6-3 = -2: 1
Notice supernatural evil and sixth sense 1d6-1 = 0: 1 wild 1d6-1 = 5: 6 ace 1d6 = 5: 5
Ouch... I cannot even concentrate enough to cast my vision into the etheral realm. But perhaps my predaliction for danger and evil will be enough to keep us from harm.

For her part on watch most was uneventful. She just wondered limping here and there arround the town and through its streets. At one point a small figure approached her. His voice sounded a bit high pitched. Maybe a female. The figure spoke, ”Hi, I am the Jake the son of Sam.”

Nazo sat down on a bench that felt wooden. She patted next to it. ” Come, I am Nazo. Come tell me of our Sam. Is he a brave cyber knight?”

Jake sat next to Nazo taking hold of one of her hands. The girl is shivering. The hand is ice. Before Nazo can draw back the boy whispers, ”No.”

Nazo frowns and asks, ” Where is Sam? Lets go get him.”

The boy smiles a bit off kilter, like the smile is just too wide. Nazo can’t see it but the pupils of Jake’s eyes are little red dots. The boy screams at her, ” Sam comes to you lady! He comes for us all and will feast on your and our blood!” Jake laughs making little nom nom noises. Nazo startles falling backwards over the bench. What the frack!. She shakes her head and wipes a smidge of drool from her lips. The figure is gone. Where is Jake!?

She clicks on her radio, ” Charlemagne... Never mind I am just falling asleep out here.”

After her watch ends Nazo, picking up that the Magdalenas did not invite her in, grabs a bed roll and a blanket then leaps up into the highest belfry and finds her sleeping place there. Life of Altara I suppose.
Combat info
Toughness: 16(8), Parry: 7, Pace: 8, exaughsted -2, 1 wound -1
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 1/20, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers:

Bennies: 6/3
+1 post rate
-1 quickness
+3 jokers

User avatar
Charlemagne
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Charlemagne » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:34 am

Vigor
Vigor
1d6 = 6: 6

Ace Vigor
1d6+6 = 9: 3

WD Vigor
1d6 = 2: 2
Charlemagne's rotation on watch was in the pitchest of dark overnight. That, however, was no concern to him. The vision of the lyn-srial was undaunted by the deepest dark.
In the heart of the darkest part of his watch, a darkness arose out of the flicker of firelight. It was a darkness his eyes couldn't pierce, and it seemed to hover and float, just off the ground, and just outside of the circle of the lights. A low rumble shook his chest, such that he summoned forth his cyber-armor and his two new swords. With clenched jaw and steeled resolve, preparing for the onslaught of evil forces, he breathes out a warning. "I will drive you off by the strength of my resolve and my unshakeable faith in the Almighty. Let battle be joined, if you have the courage to face a true knight of the Holy Roman Empire!"
The only reply was an out of place slow-rolling thunderclap. Though to his ears...there was a sinister laugh on the breeze. "Another time, Chal-Vinto..." spoke the wind.
I've not heard that name since my ascension...how would it know?!

Lyn-srial are renowned for their otherworldly vigor, never tiring of simple exertion. Still, he empathized with his companions who did not have his supernatural reserves. Arriving at the gate, Charlemagne bows deeply to the senior cyber-knight. "Well met again, Simon! Doubtless, the town is safe under your experienced watch. We will be prominent where needed, but happily defer to your senior wisdom." He then clasps Simon's hand in his own, giving it a hearty shake. Charlemagne smiles within himself as the gatekeeper takes a bottle from Whiskey Pete. He acknowledges the peddler. "I see you know which gears to grease. Your discernment is noted."
As Pete sets up shop, Charlemagne makes a stop at the trailer, intending to procure libations for the weary members of the 101st.
As each member of the 101st makes their way to their accommodations for the evening, Charlemagne presents them with a gift.
"Karsk, my friend. I know the burden you shouldered, with your friend Toad heavy-laden. I cannot properly address my gratitude to Toad, but here, this is for you." Charlemagne passes him a bottle of tequila.
He stops Thomas. "I know you have been made uncomfortable by the distance and the method of travel. I hope this eases your discomfort by some measure." He passes along a bottle of brandy.
He smiles warmly at Ashley. "I thank you for your willingness to aid in the transport of the refugees. I know not what your beverage of choice might be, but Whiskey Pete assures me this amaretto is quite delectable." He hands her the bottle, then bows.
Prepared for a bout of verbal diarrhea, Charlemagne elects to nip it before it starts. "Vik, your handiwork helped Toad carry us this far, and was quite comfortable, considering. As a token of my gratitude, enjoy this as responsibly as you care to." A bottle of bourbon whiskey exchanges hands.
Charlemagne tracks down Nazo. "Your guidance has been invaluable on this journey. Here. Enjoy, with my compliments." Charlemagne offers a bottle of sake to the demon queller. "Sake, to give you a taste of your homeland."
He finally makes his way to meet with Ryder, who is in the midst of tinkering with the mountaineer. "I have to apologize to you, my friend. It appears Whiskey Pete has both already discovered your drink of choice, and then sold out of it before I could make a purchase. However, those I have traveled with have lauded the virtues of a 'cold one' after a long drive. So, I have what is called "Coors" to help slake your thirst, should you desire a change of pace. We are grateful for your assistance in transporting a host of passengers to a safe location. If you so choose, I'd like to speak more with you about perhaps staying on once your modifications are complete."
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Bennies: 5 (-1 pre-game contacting, +1 intro RP bonus, +1 friendly fired slumber, -1 EE Persuasion/resource negotiation, +1 taking the incapacitator blast, +1 brainburn error, +1 GM birthday, -1 unshake)
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks, -4 to hit from Deflection
Toughness: 20 (8) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 13 / 20
Active Powers: Deflection (with raise, -4 to hit), Boost Fighting (with raise, d12+2, adds +2 Pace), cyber armor, twin psi swords (MD)
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Get A Clue: Play this card for a clue from the Game Master for some advice or a hint on how to resolve a current predicament or problem.
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Vik » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:31 pm

Vik's not too enthusiastic about riding in the boy-howdy on Toad again, but the refugees get first dibs on seats in the new flat-nosed fella's ATV, and once the adrenaline from the rescue wears off, Vik's too exhausted to complain. Instead, he pulls out a bottle of mezcal he swapped with a young kid for a couple of grenades from the ole gran's weapon locker and proceeds to drink himself cross-eyed.

When they stop for the night, Vik rousts himself from the howdy-doo and stumbles round the other side of a sand dune to go water the local flora. The stars are sparkly and everything's swaying a bit, when he spots a lady in white walking his way. Wonder of wonders, she's got her milky white naughty bits just hanging right out of her dress, reflecting the moonlight like a couple of polished ivory fruits.

Course, she did look a little dirty -- smudges of something dark all around her mouth, and staining her dress, which was a little off-putting -- and who, really, goes walking round the desert with no shoes on? Still, what with his own dangly bits already out in the night air, Vik considers saying hello.

Reckon even if she doesn't fancy a shag, there's worse things than beating the ol' bishop ... well, worse thing I s'pose is Charlize finding out ...

As Vik mulls over the intricacies of different time zones and the various potentialities for permanent maiming should his girlfriend discover any extracurricular exercise, he fails to see as the pale desert maiden rushes toward him, fangs bared. Nor does he see, as he digs in his pockets for a prophylactic -- just checking options, mind -- the anguished snarl on her face when his lucky hairless rabbit's foot falls into view, hanging from its cord around his neck. By the time he makes up his mind and looks up, the woman is gone, fleeing as fast as her undead legs can carry her.

"Oy, love, somefin' I said?" Vik says, looking forlornly into the darkness. "Welp, bishop it is, I guess."

Vigor 9
Vigor 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6 = Ace! 1d6+8 = 9: 1
When the Mounaineer pulled into New Alamo the next day, Vik had steeled himself for an unpleasant stay, based on the description the others brought back after dropping off refugees.

Ruddy convent full a 'fugees, old priests and kids, and not a randy nun of legal age around to give confession, he thinks.

Then he spots the Big Boss, and Whiskey Pete, and nearly drops to his knees in joy and disbelief.

"Oh Father who art in heaven, brewing the best pints for his faithful, I owe you a fiver," he says by way of thanks, then rushes over to Pete. "Oy, noble purveyor of spiritual enlightenment, I'll take a bottle of that, and a bottle of that, and ... oh vicar's whiskers, just one of each. Charles-in-Charge, the four-armed bird-fella, he's the one wif' the corporate charge card, and will sort out the finances toot-sweet."

Duly equipped, Vik seeks out a couple of kebab and perhaps a shaded porch or back alley before beginning his long overdue communion, prayers at the porcelain throne no doubt to follow in the morning.
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d8
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (four times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 15/20
Active Effects:
Adventure Cards: 53 - Riled Up Play after sustaining a wound; your attacks cause +2 damage for the remainder of the scene.

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Karsk » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:49 pm

1d8 = 8: 8 ace 1d8 = 2: 2
1d6 = 3: 3

Toad
1d12 = 1: 1

Travelling to New Alamo with the last of the survivors, he occasionally rocks the Howdah with Vik in it, but sadly to no effect on the TW. However, something Toad had encountered along the way; something he ate, drank or stepped in did not agree with him and by the time they arrive at their destination, Toad is visibily sick. (Critical Fail)

Karsk does not pay much attention to anything else as he tends his stricken friend and has to be guided somewhat unwillingly to Charlemagne at Whiskey Pete's. He accepts the bottle of Tequila from Charlemagne with a look of confusion as to why he is being handed it. Opening it, he sniffs the bottle and shudders at the smell.

"Karsk know just what to do with this." he states, leaving the first second he is able

When next you see it, Karsk is clearing up some pustles on one of Toad's foot using the Tequila. He waves it at Vik or Charlemagne
"Karsk found use for antiseptic. Clearing it up well."

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Nazo » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:53 am

Up in the bell tower Nazo sighs at the offer of Sake. My master’s favorite drink. Where is he? Is he alone, or is he... Dead. She sets the Sake offering down next to her trembling slightly accidentally spilling some of it. She puts her hand on her ankle forcing the joint back into place. ” Uhh. Thank you Charlemagne. Ooopmh much better. I had twisted my ankle on our jouney here but that should fix the problem nicely. Again thank you for the drink... It was my Master’s favorite.”

Nazo shivers slightly and sadly whispers to Charlemagne, ” He came with me to these lands and I worry that there has been no sign of him. The one armed scourge of demons, Master Kittito where have you gone. Did the Red Wrong Song get you in the end?” She shivers again shaking her head, ” Can you tell me more about this Legion you work for, it might take my mind away from sad places to hear how the four armed winged human warrior came to join them.” She smiles at Charlemagne her face turned towards him but not quite enough to be actually looking at him with her no eyes.
Combat info
Toughness: 16(8), Parry: 7, Pace: 8, exaughsted -2, 1 wound -1
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 1/20, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers:

Bennies: 6/3
+1 post rate
-1 quickness
+3 jokers

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: Remember New Alamo 2.1

Post by Ashley Logan » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:57 pm

Ashley watched the others cluster around Whiskey Pete, keeping her own distance. After a moment she turned her attention to New Alamo itself. The architecture was unusual from her point of view...you didn't get that kind of smooth, white stucco thing out in the old midwest. It was an odd cross between stark and ornamental. At first she'd wondered how a community full of cyber-knights had anything to fear from vampires. It sunk in though.

They're all kids. Or a handful of people too old to fight.

"Anything for you, little lady?" cackled a voice from behind. Ash whirled around to see Whiskey Pete, who'd made his way over to her when the other orders had been filled.

Her eyes flicked to the cart, then back to Pete. She shook her head curtly.

"Trust me, the last thing anyone wants me to be is drunk. Especially when I'm anywhere near what's basically a big tank of flammable liquid."

The old snake oil salesman laughed that off. "Missy, if I know anything it's that people always lead with their hangup. You started off with 'trust me,' which means you have trust issues." He tapped the side of his nose. "And if there's anything that helps get past trust issues, its a generous...but responsible...dosage of liquid cour..."

He broke off as Ash reached out and took hold of his lapel, her face set in a dark mask.

"Go away. Take your...rolling bomb with you. Find someone who won't..."
kill everyone "...misbehave under the influence."

Whiskey Pete harumphed and yanked his lapel free. "Well, you're doing that sober, can't see how you'd get any worse..." but he was moving off in search of less pushy sales, and that suited Ashley just fine.

In a huff, she went off into the fort to find her room.

==

That night Ashley stood watch. She set a little fire to keep warm at, and because it was a small comfort to be close to. On hearing a twig snap nearby she got up to investigate and scared some desert dog away. On returning to the fire, she found someone else sitting there. Someone in armor that looked very familiar.

The stranger looked around at her and took off it's helmet. Or rather, as it turned out, her helmet.

The Ashley at the fire gave the Ashley returning to the fire a nod. "So, you're back. Was starting to wonder if you'd be back."

Ash stared for a long moment, then approached hesitantly. "Back? This is my first night here."

"That's what you always say."

She circled around to sit opposite...herself, she supposed. There were some differences. This other her had somewhat longer hair, and looked like she hadn't gotten a lot of sleep lately. Her armor was more worn, with some dents and scratches in it that hadn't been repaired.

The other Ashley looked up at her, returning her frank appraisal.

"It's funny. I'd almost think it's some kind of time thing, but I remember my first night on watch, and nothing like this happened. Boring night." She chuckled ruefully. "One of the last boring nights I had for a while."

"How long have you been here?" Ash asked, still not sure what the hell was going on. Some kind of mind trick? She was usually pretty good at fending that kind of thing off, but you never knew...

"A while now."

The episode with Whiskey Pete flickered in her mind, and Ashley asked, "Have we...I mean...have you hurt anyone?"

The other Ash's eyes flicked up from the fire to bore into hers. "No one I didn't mean to."

Ash looked down at the fire, wishing she hadn't asked, but unable to deny the feeling of relief.

"It doesn't get any easier, you know."

She looked back. The other Ashley was still staring at her.

"I don't know if you're real, or if you're going to go through what I did, or if you're just some kind of weird psychic echo that keeps bouncing back over and over...but...if you are real, then..." She shook her head. "Things get kind of fucked up."

Fear sparked in Ashley's heart. Dread. "Are we still in the Legion?"

"There's no 'we,' Ash," the other her rebuked. "Keep that in your skull. No we for us. Ever." Ashley realized the other woman's eyes were getting moist even as she was going on. "Just...focus on the mission. Keep to yourself. There are..." Her voice caught for a second. "There are worse things than feeling lonely."

Ashley looked away, unsure what to say to that. It had always been her plan to do that. Why would she admonish herself to do something she already meant to do? On looking back though, the other Ash was gone. The spot across the fire from her was empty, with no sign anyone had ever sat there.

Maybe there were worse things than feeling lonely, but Ash could feel the absence there now, like a vacuum sucking in air. Maybe it was just a mind trick or hallucination or weird, creepy manifestation but...it'd been nice having someone to talk to. Someone who at least kind of got her, even if she was totally cheating to do it. And now there was just...no one. Again.

She scanned the dark beyond the firelight, and with a thought she doused the fire. Making a target of herself. Chatting with illusions and head-fakery. Vampires had powers like that, didn't they? Could be some out there now. Could be something worse. Ash got that weird ice rifle out and tuned it to fire liquid water.

The rest of the hours of her watch ticked by with agonizing slowness, yielding nothing but dark, quiet, and solitude.

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”