12.2 Eastport - The Western Docks (Everyone else)

RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

12.2 Eastport - The Western Docks (Everyone else)

Post by RFT » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:42 am

As the adventurers head to the docks, the smell of sea comes back to them in potency with the smell of septic and human sweat odors. The place while normally a flowing port has been locked down and without a way for ships to come and go legally the smell has grown near unbearable.

Working around and asking questions the adventures are able to find Alice Saddler within about half an hour paying only minimal bribes. However splitting the resource money between the two groups does make the bribes paid feel like more than it should.

AS you come to her shop the sounds of stomping and slamming can be heard from just outside the door. Walking in you can see Alice seems to be in a generally hostile mood as two men are leaving, both with their heads down look like they would rather be anywhere but here.

Seeing the rangers enter, she looks up and with a gruff harrumph says. "And just what do you want?"
OOC Comments
A quick notice roll (no modifier)
All her supplies are near empty and she has very little left, some of the jars are broken as if the place was recently robbed.

She is unfriendly and a Persuasion roll will be needed if you expect much cooperation.
Shaping Worlds Together
The 99's Game Master Bennies 5
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -5 Stupid Slumber

Shaintar Game Master Bennies 6
  • +8 Players
    -2 Bennies to save Yellow Jack

Nightbane Game Master Bennies 5
  • +5 Players

Phase World - The Remorseless 10
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks

Sroxl
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: 12.2 Eastport - The Western Docks (Everyone else)

Post by Sroxl » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:27 am

Notice 8
Notice: 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild: 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace: 1d6+6 = 8: 2
Sroxl enters the room first, alert for any threats which may present themselves. He doesn't see any immediate danger, but the place looks obviously ransacked by thugs - and recently, too.

"Greetingss. Misss Ssaddler, I asssume? My friendss would like to sspeak with you," Sroxl greets her.

He stands just a little too close, smiling down at her with his pointed, reptilian teeth. She also gets a good look at the many scars covering his face before he nods towards his friends and backs up.

Sroxl keeps an eye on the door and any other possible entrances and exits. He seems a little excited to play good guard, bad guard - but it wouldn't be readily apparent to those who didn't know Sroxl or Dregordians well.
Sroxl, Dregodian Berserker
Charisma: -4; Pace: 6; Parry: 8(1); Toughness: 9(3)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Battle Rage: Spirit roll at the beginning of each round, failure results in only being able to make wild attacks and suffering from the effects of Bloodthirsty.
    Berserk: Smarts roll when wounded; Failure = Parry -2, +2 to Fighting, Strength, melee damage, and Toughness. Also ignore all wound modifiers. Cannot use skills, Edges or maneuvers which require concentration (Including Shooting and Taunt, but not Intimidation). Fighting roll of 1 results in hitting an adjacent random target.
    Frightening: +Charisma as a positive modifier to Intimidation rolls.
    Kayakor Initiate: +1 Fighting against anyone armed iwth a Reach 0 Weapon. Opponents lose one point of Gang Up bonus against Sroxl.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 5/3; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Adventure Cards
  • Moment of Glory: Every Hero in Spirit radius of the character loses Shaken status; ignores all wound and fatigue; and gains the benefits of a Joker (do not receive the Benny) for the remainder of the round.
Edit Signature

Tieronar

Post by Tieronar » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:20 pm

OOC Comments
Notice
1d6 = 6: 6
1d6 = 4: 4
After the last few encounters in the cities, Tieronar no longer trusts any city dwellers until proven otherwise. Remembering how the villains escaped a few weeks ago, the Brinchie moves around the back of Saddler's place, ready to kill anyone who comes out the back.
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 6 (8/9), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages), Opponents at -1 Gangup against me. , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+2+1/3 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny

Lysennia Moonsinger

Post by Lysennia Moonsinger » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:13 pm

RFT wrote:AS you come to her shop the sounds of stomping and slamming can be heard from just outside the door. Walking in you can see Alice seems to be in a generally hostile mood as two men are leaving, both with their heads down look like they would rather be anywhere but here.

Seeing the rangers enter, she looks up and with a gruff harrumph says. "And just what do you want?"
Notice
Notice = 1d6 = 4: 4, Wild = 1d6 = 3: 3 +2 (racial) Total = 6
"Good day Mistress Saddler, be not afeared of my companions, though they be of stern demeanour I can assure you that they mean you no harm"

Lysennia looks around the room taking in the scene.
"Something has happened here, and judging by the womans reaction, pretty recently"

"We came here with the intent of doing business, yet it seems something is amiss. Unless I miss my guess, your shop has been ransacked by some ruffians, and recently too. Is there anything we can do to offer aid? Perhaps send word to the watch before the miscreants are too far away to be apprehended?"
Persuade
Persuade = 1d6 = 4: 4, Wild Die = 1d6 = 2: 2 +2 Charisma, Total = 6
Lysennia watches the woman gauging her reaction.
Let creatures of Flame beware my wrath. . .
Seasoned Eldakar Druid (27xp)
Parry: 7 (2), (+1 from bracers, +1 from staff)
Toughness: 5, (+1 from Tanzanite pendant)
Power Points Remaining: 10/10
Bennies: 2/3
Fatigue: 0
Wounds: 0

Adventure Cards: Landra's Blessing, Breath of Life

Tieronar

Post by Tieronar » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:40 pm

Tieronar looks around the area, taking in the local sights and smells.
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6 = 3: 3 1d6 = 1: 1
He enjoys people-watching and this den of thieves that calls itself a city is providing him with plenty of opportunity.

More importantly, he is watching to see who is watching him.
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 6 (8/9), -1 TO BE HIT (Skein of the Ages), Opponents at -1 Gangup against me. , Toughness: 9 (3) Bennies: 3+2+1/3 +2+1
+ 1 Golden Benny

Aronan
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Aronan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:05 pm

Notice (Critical Failure)
1d6 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
The congestion, and unsanitary conditions, caused by the number of ships in harbour horrifies Aronan. The Korindian has never seen such human filth and the sights, sounds, and smells of it all are really overwhelming to his islander senses. The pervasive press of humanity is almost overwhelming and makes him long for the dark jungles and high mountains of his homeland. His senses are so assailed the the Korindian is oblivious to the shop's condition or the ruffians leaving Aronon is happy to let the others do the talking. Instead, he tries to steady himself.

"I will keep watch outside," he volunteers. Although the outside offers no relief either.
Aronan
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 9; Toughness: 7 (2)

Golden Benny: 1
Benny's: 3

RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by RFT » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:06 pm

Tieronar and Aronan see nothing of suspicion out side as they look around for threats and risks. It seems this is unlikely to be a repeat of last time.

Saddler looks up to Lysennia and her offer of sympathy and even perhaps help. "I am sorry I honestly wish I had something I could sell you, I doubt anyone could find who stole my supplies. Maybe if you tell me what you were looking for I can give you the name of another seller."

It appears she has cracked a little and while no longer hostile, she will be of little real help if no one can help her recover her supplies. Then suddenly it is like she can see for the first time you are ranger. "Your Rangers? If you could help find my stolen herbs I would happily give you whatever part you need. Do you think it is possible?"
Shaping Worlds Together
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -5 Stupid Slumber

• +8 Players

• +5 Players

• +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks

Tieronar

Post by Tieronar » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:57 am

OOC Comments
Notice
1d6 = 3: 3
Tieronar continues to wait for someone to come out the back door.
+ 1 Golden Benny

Sroxl
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sroxl » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:31 pm

"Many thingss are posssible. If we knew more detailss about what wassstolen, how much time hass passsed, and - mosst importantly - who sstole your goodss or what the thievess looked like, then maybe it iss posssible," Sroxl remarks nonchalantly from his corner. He shrugs his shoulders as he finishes talking, letting Lyssenia take point the conversation once more.
  • Battle Rage: Spirit roll at the beginning of each round, failure results in only being able to make wild attacks and suffering from the effects of Bloodthirsty.
    Berserk: Smarts roll when wounded; Failure = Parry -2, +2 to Fighting, Strength, melee damage, and Toughness. Also ignore all wound modifiers. Cannot use skills, Edges or maneuvers which require concentration (Including Shooting and Taunt, but not Intimidation). Fighting roll of 1 results in hitting an adjacent random target.
    Kayakor Initiate: +1 Fighting against anyone armed iwth a Reach 0 Weapon. Opponents lose one point of Gang Up bonus against Sroxl.
Adventure Cards
  • Moment of Glory: Every Hero in Spirit radius of the character loses Shaken status; ignores all wound and fatigue; and gains the benefits of a Joker (do not receive the Benny) for the remainder of the round.
Edit Signature

Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Angis Ironheart » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:50 am

Eastport/Western Docks/Sadler’s Shop
Afternoon
Round 0

“Well, tha’ didnae gae as expected,” Angis grumbled as they left the theatre district and headed for the western docks. “Ye’d think they’d want the city cured sae things can gae back t’ business as usual. Think they’ll be a problem?”

Angis eyed the herb shop up ahead. “I ‘ope they’re ‘avin’ better luck.”

Angis walked into Sadler’s shop and looked around, giving a low whistle at the mess. “Did ye dae this?” he asked Lyssenia.

Actions
Conditions
Potion: Immune to disease for several days
Angis Ironheart Character Sheet
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee 13 (4)/Ranged 15 (6); Pace: 5
Heart of Stone/Magical Resistance: Armor 5 vs. Magic; +5 to resist Magic
Crossbow bolts: 19 (Loaded: 3/3)
Shield Essence: 4/4
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Ceynara’s Blade: Play during combat with the forces of Flame. The character receives +2 to all Fighting, Shooting, Throwing, and Spellcasting rolls, as well as damage, until the end of the combat.
  • Breath of Life: When this card is played, the character and all allies remove their Shaken status and any Fatigue levels. If played by a Druid, all characters recieve +1 on a Spirit and Vigor checks for the rest of combat as well.

Mission
  • Track down in Eastport the crime boss involved in the plot against the royals
  • Investigate the plague Ashen Blight in Eastport for foul play.
    • Gather up elements for the cure from throughout the city.
    • Try not to kill anyone.
    • Your group is given d8 resources for bribes and purchases related to this mission. Mostly in gems and gold, with some small figurines or other valuables thrown in.
    • Here is a list of the materials needed and the most likely location:
      • Harbor - First, please see the harbormaster Jalenz Karrimayn who has a shipment of Silverwood bark ready for pickup.
      • Western Docks - Find Mistress Alice Saddler and acquire the Stardust Leaves that came into her possession through less-than-legal means. Alice is not one who normally works with the authorities willingly. This task may take a little effort, maybe put your best charmer on this.
      • Ranger Outpost - The Sergeant has a couple kegs of water blessed by the Priest of Light for you. The Rangers have already said they are happy to help us in our tasks.
      • White Crow Theater - The Mockery located at the theater has whispering willow bark and has been holding it for ransom. Your heroes must choose whether to pay the ransom, convince these people of the good of their mission, or go after the Mockery themselves.
      • The Emporium - Run by one of the Five Families and home to a criminal element, you will need to be on guard. The Emporium will be the most likely place to find the Silverflower blossoms we need. However, try not to run afoul of the criminals down there. If they discover why we need so much they may suddenly raise the prices quite a bit.
    • Note: If the resource die drops below d4, the group is out of money and must use other means.

NPCs
  • Frank - our ranger boss
  • Lord Grey, Jerin Thorian (Eastport)
Character Tracker
Parry: 9; Toughness: Melee 13 (4)/Ranged 15 (6); Pace: 5
Adventure Card
  • Stand at the Forge: Play during combat with the forces of the Kal-a-Nar Empire. This character receives +2 to all Fighting, Shooting, Throwing, and Spellcasting rolls, as well as damage until the end of combat.
  • False Prophets: Play during combat with the Forces of the Prelacy. This character receives +2 to all Fighting, Shooting, Throwing, and Spellcasting rolls, as well as damage until end of combat.

Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradon » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:59 am

Notice
1d6 = 2: 2
wild dice 1d6 = 4: 4
Angis Ironheart wrote:“Well, tha’ didnae gae as expected,” Angis grumbled as they left the theatre district and headed for the western docks. “Ye’d think they’d want the city cured sae things can gae back t’ business as usual. Think they’ll be a problem?”

"Possible. they might be seeking to profit from this chaos."

Arriving at the shop
“What happened here?” he asks, before drawing Lysennia to one side.

“They spotted us; managed to extricate us and have a meeting arranged with their leader once I’d spoken to my superior. They are entrenched in force; thirty or so people from what I saw. Short of a bloodbath, we definitely either need to break in or negotiate."

Danyar

Post by Danyar » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:25 am

Watching
Notice 1d8 = 7: 7
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Stealth 1d8+2 = 10: 8
Exploded 1d8 = 8: 8
Exploded 1d8 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Notice=7
Stealth=22
As we leave the Theatre, Danyar watches to make sure the others aren't followed. When they arrive at the western docks and meet up with the others, Danyar remains across the street and again watches for followers and for anyone watching the first team. After a few minutes, he notices Tieronar watching the back area and makes his way over to him.

Interesting surroundings don't you think? I prefer the woods, hills and open grasslands but, experiencing the cities and towns once in a while makes life interesting.
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Adventure Card: Zavonis, Guide my Shot. (Shooting Penalties reduced by 4 to minimum of 0)

Tieronar

Post by Tieronar » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:59 pm

OOC Comments
Notice 1d6 = 1: 1
1d6 = 3: 3
"Aye, I do not like this city," the Brinchie replies slowly. "The people here make me feel as if all of the city is waiting to devour itself."

Tieronar snarls and spits on the stoop behind the shop.

"In my clan, we would be sharing these resources as soon as an epidemic such as this occurred. These people are selfish and greedy."
+ 1 Golden Benny

Danyar

Post by Danyar » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:23 pm

Danyar nods his head. "Yes, they are greedy. People should learn to live together and help one another in situations such as these. Unfortunately they do not and the duty falls upon us to step up and help. This is one of the reasons I decided to remain with the Rangers after my year was up, I wanted to help those in need and stop those who are too sick with power to remember they to are just like us. Did you see that?
Danyar notices a man just around the corner, he is watching the others and doesn't notice us.
"That man, standing at the corner of the building, he was one of the men from the Theater. I'll bet were going to have a difficult time working with them now that they know who and what we are. Should we take him down and hold him to answer questions?
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1
Adventure Card: Zavonis, Guide my Shot. (Shooting Penalties reduced by 4 to minimum of 0)

Aronan
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Aronan » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:25 pm

Oblivious to much of the group's activities, Aronan follows them. Not alert to any dangers he hawks at all the various sights, sounds, and smells of this city.

"That seemed to go well," he states, oblivious to any complications. "Hopefully our other errands go so well."
Aronan

Tieronar

Post by Tieronar » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:59 pm

Danyar wrote:Danyar nods his head. "Yes, they are greedy. People should learn to live together and help one another in situations such as these. Unfortunately they do not and the duty falls upon us to step up and help. This is one of the reasons I decided to remain with the Rangers after my year was up, I wanted to help those in need and stop those who are too sick with power to remember they to are just like us. Did you see that?
Danyar notices a man just around the corner, he is watching the others and doesn't notice us.
"That man, standing at the corner of the building, he was one of the men from the Theater. I'll bet were going to have a difficult time working with them now that they know who and what we are. Should we take him down and hold him to answer questions?
Tieronar looks at the man.

"Were there difficulties at the Theatre? If he is a ruffian, then we should definitely restrain him."
+ 1 Golden Benny

Danyar

Post by Danyar » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:12 am

Notice
Notice 1d8 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6

Were there difficulties, not really. There was a large group of armed mercenaries guarding the theater and part of our group talked with them. They seemed very difficult but, we were able to talk them into having a drink and talking business later. That was all before this scout spied on us. I believe leaving him to return with the information will be detrimental to our task but, how do we go about it? We can't just kill him and provoking him into a fight is just wrong.

Danyar thinks for a moment...

Maybe if we just jump him and detain him long enough for us to complete our mission and get some intelligence about his group would be fair and reasonable, what do you think? He didn't see me at all and we could just walk past him and suddenly strike giving us surprise.

While Danyar waits for T's answer, he has another look around to see if anyone else is watching.
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1

Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradon » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:20 am

Bradon overhears Danyar and Tieronar talking and nods to them to proceed.

The longer we keep who we are under wraps and what we are doing the better.

RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by RFT » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:39 am

The scout is oblivious to the conversation about him as he continues his work.

Looking as the heroes discuss their options and the state of the city the apothecary owner says. "Well, I do not have proof. But I think the yellow knives have taken everything. People are willing to pay anything to alleviate their symptoms and Joe Sala their leader came poking around yesterday. I would bet anything he is using whats left to sell for obscene prices.

"But what worries me is that many of my medicines can kill people if used wrongly. Thugs like that don not know how dangerous these things are."

Very little questioning is needed to find out Joe Sala is the leader of a local gang called the Yellow Knives. Their hang out is a local dock pub called the Gentlemen's Lady. From her information it seems they are a relatively small gang, but they are generally ignored by the local dock guards because Joe's mother is suppossedly a Captain.
Shaping Worlds Together
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -5 Stupid Slumber

• +8 Players

• +5 Players

• +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks

Tieronar

Post by Tieronar » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:27 am

Tieronar looks at Danyar.

"I have a plan."
OOC Comments
Waiting for Greg to groan
"You should walk away and circle around him. I will approach and begin talking. Then we grab him. I doubt he can outrun me."
+ 1 Golden Benny

Sroxl
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sroxl » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:17 pm

"The Yellow Knivess? Interessting. That sshould be quite helpful. Iss there anyone who might know more about thesse Yellow Knivess, or will we have to go sstraight to the ssource at the Gentleman'ss Lady?" Sroxl asks Alice from his corner.
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature

Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Angis Ironheart » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:05 am

Afternoon
Round 0

Angis cracked his knuckles. “Gen’leman’s Lady sounds like a roight guid place f’r a drink,” the dwarf said with a grin through his beard. “Though if ‘is mum’s a guard captain, we may need t’ be careful.”

Actions
Conditions
Adventure Card
  • Ceynara’s Blade: Play during combat with the forces of Flame. The character receives +2 to all Fighting, Shooting, Throwing, and Spellcasting rolls, as well as damage, until the end of the combat.
  • Breath of Life: When this card is played, the character and all allies remove their Shaken status and any Fatigue levels. If played by a Druid, all characters recieve +1 on a Spirit and Vigor checks for the rest of combat as well.

Mission
    • Your group is given d8 resources for bribes and purchases related to this mission. Mostly in gems and gold, with some small figurines or other valuables thrown in.
      • Harbor - First, please see the harbormaster Jalenz Karrimayn who has a shipment of Silverwood bark ready for pickup.
      • Western Docks - Find Mistress Alice Saddler and acquire the Stardust Leaves that came into her possession through less-than-legal means. Alice is not one who normally works with the authorities willingly. This task may take a little effort, maybe put your best charmer on this.
      • Ranger Outpost - The Sergeant has a couple kegs of water blessed by the Priest of Light for you. The Rangers have already said they are happy to help us in our tasks.
      • White Crow Theater - The Mockery located at the theater has whispering willow bark and has been holding it for ransom. Your heroes must choose whether to pay the ransom, convince these people of the good of their mission, or go after the Mockery themselves.
      • The Emporium - Run by one of the Five Families and home to a criminal element, you will need to be on guard. The Emporium will be the most likely place to find the Silverflower blossoms we need. However, try not to run afoul of the criminals down there. If they discover why we need so much they may suddenly raise the prices quite a bit.
    • Note: If the resource die drops below d4, the group is out of money and must use other means.

NPCs
Character Tracker
Adventure Card
  • Stand at the Forge: Play during combat with the forces of the Kal-a-Nar Empire. This character receives +2 to all Fighting, Shooting, Throwing, and Spellcasting rolls, as well as damage until the end of combat.
  • False Prophets: Play during combat with the Forces of the Prelacy. This character receives +2 to all Fighting, Shooting, Throwing, and Spellcasting rolls, as well as damage until end of combat.

Danyar

Post by Danyar » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:35 pm

Tieronar wrote:Tieronar looks at Danyar.

"I have a plan."
OOC Comments
Waiting for Greg to groan
"You should walk away and circle around him. I will approach and begin talking. Then we grab him. I doubt he can outrun me."
why does you having a plan scare me? Ok, let's go with it and see what happens.

Danger walks away from their spot and circles around behind their spy. He will wait a moment then walk up behind him and together they will grab their prey.
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1

RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by RFT » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:03 am

Sroxl wrote:"The Yellow Knivess? Interessting. That sshould be quite helpful. Iss there anyone who might know more about thesse Yellow Knivess, or will we have to go sstraight to the ssource at the Gentleman'ss Lady?" Sroxl asks Alice from his corner.
Alice looks at the monstrous creature and takes a step back in fear when being addressed directly by it. "I, ah..."
"I am sorry I really do not normally travel in those circles. I only know where it is they hang out and that their leader is supposed to have connections because his mother is a captain."

For those trying to grab the spy, please roll Grappling. This will be a Fighting roll with the Drop +4 bonus to the first player rolling. Any rolls after the first roll will provide +1 per success and raise.
Shaping Worlds Together
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -5 Stupid Slumber

• +8 Players

• +5 Players

• +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks

Tieronar

Post by Tieronar » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:44 pm

OOC Comments
Notice 1d6 = 4: 4 1d6 = 2: 2
Tieronar approaches the man, both hands empty, one outstretched in greeting.

"Hello there, I don't think we've met. But in a city like this, that's not completely unexpected."

The Brinchie begins to speed up his speech as he approaches, even though his stride slows, hoping to throw the man off a little.

"I was looking around, and I noticed you. And I think I noticed you noticing me. SoDidYouNoticeMeNoticeYouNoticingMeOrWasItJustMyImaginationAndItWasOnlyMeNoticingYouNoticingMe?"

At the last minute, he strikes out first with an uppercutting paw to the man's right ear and then with a quick kick to the groin. Aiming to subdue, not kill.
OOC Comments
Paw 1d8 = 8: 8 SPLOSHUN! 1d8 = 4: 4 = 12
Kick 1d8 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 SPLOSHUN 1d6 = 4: 4 =10

Assuming those were both Raises

Damage 2d6 = 8: 5, 3 + Extra ADamage 1d6 = 5: 5 = 13 Damage
Kick Damage 2d6 = 5: 3, 2 Plus Extra Damage 1d6 = 5: 5 =10 Damage (If he's still up)
Last edited by Tieronar on Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
+ 1 Golden Benny

RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by RFT » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:48 pm

The young scout is completely subdued by Tieronar's blows and starts crying. "What, what do you want. I don't have anything."
Shaping Worlds Together
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -5 Stupid Slumber

• +8 Players

• +5 Players

• +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks

Tieronar

Post by Tieronar » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:12 pm

As Danyar approaches, Tieronar pulls the Scout into an alcove.

"I. Have. A Few. More. Questions. For. You." Tier enunciates each word with a tap of his claw.

"Why...were you following and watching us?"

After that, he pauses to let Danyar ask a few questions.
+ 1 Golden Benny

Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Angis Ironheart » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:03 am

Afternoon
Round 0

Angis waved Sroxl off. “Don’t scare the lassie,” he scolded the big lizard. Then he turned back to Alice. “Thank’ee, ma’am. Tha’ information’ll dae us guid. We’ll find yer supplies an’ find oot wot these Yellow Knives want wi’ some dried up ‘erbs.”

The dwarf looked to the others. “Seems we be stoppin’ by this Gen’l’man’s Lady an’ makin’ some inquiries.”

Angis headed back out into the street and headed in the direction of the tavern.

Actions
Conditions
Adventure Card

Mission

NPCs
Character Tracker
Adventure Card

Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradon » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:24 am

Rolls carried

Bradon stops Angis with his hand

"Wait a moment, depending on what Danyar and Tieronar find, we might need your muscle."

He looks over at the two rangers and their new captive.

"I think we picked up a friend from earlier."

RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by RFT » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:10 am

Tieronar wrote:As Danyar approaches, Tieronar pulls the Scout into an alcove.

"I. Have. A Few. More. Questions. For. You." Tier enunciates each word with a tap of his claw.

"Why...were you following and watching us?"

After that, he pauses to let Danyar ask a few questions.
The boy still nervous as can be says. "Adran sent me. Said you were poking around down town. I was supposed to see who you were with and maybe if you had enough money to be worth negotiating with."

The his voice becoming more whiny than conversational he adds. "Come on if you guys let me go I won't tell him you spotted me. I will just tell him whatever you want."
Angis Ironheart wrote:Angis waved Sroxl off. “Don’t scare the lassie,” he scolded the big lizard. Then he turned back to Alice. “Thank’ee, ma’am. Tha’ information’ll dae us guid. We’ll find yer supplies an’ find oot wot these Yellow Knives want wi’ some dried up ‘erbs.”

The dwarf looked to the others. “Seems we be stoppin’ by this Gen’l’man’s Lady an’ makin’ some inquiries.”

Angis headed back out into the street and headed in the direction of the tavern.
Alice nods externally looking a little more relaxed. "I could not thank you enough, but you will need to be careful. The Yellow Knives are tough."
Bradon wrote:Rolls carried

"Wait a moment, depending on what Danyar and Tieronar find, we might need your muscle."

Alice looks a little worried, but not panicked. "Where they the Knives? Be careful they are very dangerous. Do they know i was talking to you?" She then looks out the door and moves making sure she cannot be seen from outside.
Shaping Worlds Together
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -5 Stupid Slumber

• +8 Players

• +5 Players

• +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks

Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Angis Ironheart » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:35 am

Afternoon
Round 0

Angis frowned as Bradon stopped him. “Wot are the cat an’ the rat up tae noo?” He had been inside the shop and so didn’t know anything about the tail they had picked up.

Angis reassured Alice,” “Dunna worry. We’ll no’ tell ‘em ye sent us,”

Actions
Conditions
Adventure Card

Mission

NPCs
Character Tracker
Adventure Card

Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradon » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:54 am

Notice
1d6 = 6: 6 ace 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild dice 1d6 = 3: 3
Angis Ironheart wrote:Angis frowned as Bradon stopped him. “Wot are the cat an’ the rat up tae noo?” He had been inside the shop and so didn’t know anything about the tail they had picked up.
"Catching our tail as we speak," Bradon taps the pommel of his sword, ready for action just in case.
RFT wrote:Alice looks a little worried, but not panicked. "Where they the Knives? Be careful they are very dangerous. Do they know i was talking to you?" She then looks out the door and moves making sure she cannot be seen from outside.
"We are just finding out, but you'll be safe with us," he reassures her, but keeping an eye out.

Tieronar

Post by Tieronar » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:58 pm

RFT wrote:
The boy still nervous as can be says. "Adran sent me. Said you were poking around down town. I was supposed to see who you were with and maybe if you had enough money to be worth negotiating with."

The his voice becoming more whiny than conversational he adds. "Come on if you guys let me go I won't tell him you spotted me. I will just tell him whatever you want."
OOC Comments
Notice 1d6 = 2: 2 Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Tieronar pats the boy on the head.

"No, no. Don't lie to your boss. Tell him we saw you. Tell him we spoke to you. You can leave out the part about use catching you. Then pass on this message. We are here to stop an epidemic. As long as Adran and his bois don't interfere with us, or the people we are dealing with, then there is no reason for us to be at odds and we will be out of his hair."

Tier squats down to stare the boy right in the eyes, smiling to reveal his own sharp teeth.

"Make sue he understands the part about not messing with the people we are dealing with. Let us do our job, and nobody has to get hurt and he can go on making a profit."

The Brinchie reaches down to cup the scout's scrotum through the trousers, extending his claws just enough to penetrate the cloth and prick the skin.

"Otherwise, we will be forced to take more dramatic actions."

Tier brings his paw up to the scout's face, letting one extended claw brush against the rogue's eyebrow.

"And that will end up with a lot of your boys ending up as mangled corpses in the harbor."

He lets go of the boy and stands up.

"IS there any misunderstanding about that?"
+ 1 Golden Benny

Sroxl
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sroxl » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:50 pm

Bradon wrote:
Angis Ironheart wrote:Angis frowned as Bradon stopped him. “Wot are the cat an’ the rat up tae noo?” He had been inside the shop and so didn’t know anything about the tail they had picked up.
"Catching our tail as we speak," Bradon taps the pommel of his sword, ready for action just in case.
Sroxl swooshes his tail around in front of him and wags it a little, teasing Bradon, "We only have two tailss that I'm aware of, and I'd like to ssee you try to catch mine. Hss hss hss. Sshall we go check on our brinchie friend, then?"
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature

Danyar

Post by Danyar » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:59 pm

Notice
Notice
wild
Danyar stands back a little watching his little feline friend confront our little friend. While he is standing there, he watches the back of the store and looks around to see if anyone else is watching or even concerned with what is happening.
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1

RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by RFT » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:53 pm

The terrified looking boy instantly jumps at the opportunity to leave in one piece with only a scare and a scratch not trusting the feline warrior to stay merciful.

Leaving the team with only the words of Alice on how to help with the other issue at hand.

Scene Recap, it has been a while
RFT wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:10 am
Angis Ironheart wrote:Angis waved Sroxl off. “Don’t scare the lassie,” he scolded the big lizard. Then he turned back to Alice. “Thank’ee, ma’am. Tha’ information’ll dae us guid. We’ll find yer supplies an’ find oot wot these Yellow Knives want wi’ some dried up ‘erbs.”

Alice nods externally looking a little more relaxed. "I could not thank you enough, but you will need to be careful. The Yellow Knives are tough."
Bradon wrote:Rolls carried

Alice looks a little worried, but not panicked. "Where they the Knives? Be careful they are very dangerous. Do they know i was talking to you?" She then looks out the door and moves making sure she cannot be seen from outside.
Shaping Worlds Together
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -5 Stupid Slumber

• +8 Players

• +5 Players

• +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks

Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Angis Ironheart » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:46 pm

Eastport/Western Docks/The Gentleman’s Lady
Afternoon
Round 0

“Let’s gae check oot this Gentleman’s Lady then,” Angis told the others once they had reconvened and been brought up to speed by Tieronar and Bradon. “See aboot these Yellow Knives an’ wot they want wi’ Mistress Alice’s herbs.”

Since surreptitious surveillance had been less than spectacular in the theatre district with the Mockery, Angis decided on the direct approach. He went into the pub, slammed his axe on the counter in front of him, and ordered a large dwarven ale.
Character Tracker
Adventure Card

RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by RFT » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:02 pm

As the dwarf walks up to the bar oblivious to the tension in the room as he entered the bartender simply stares at him unresponsive of his request. As Angis realizes no drink is coming he sees the bartender’s eyes are darting back and forth from him to someone in the back of the room.

Finally the Bartender approaches and grimacing a bit obviously intimidated by the giant dwarf. “This here is a memers o’ly club.” Glancing around the rest of the room stands from their locations around the room half fleeing and about fifteen people with short knives stained yellow from some sort of coating looking at the group of intruders.

A loud and confident voice comes from the corner as one of the yellow knives decides the message was not clear. “Y’all mus be loss. We ain’t want to have to open ye up, so just move on.”

As the group looks to make their decision one of the Yellow Knives helps out by noticing the quality gear you are wearing. "But go head n drop ye purse 'fore leaving."
Shaping Worlds Together
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -5 Stupid Slumber

• +8 Players

• +5 Players

• +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks

Aronan
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Aronan » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:55 pm

Supporting the dwarf as he enters the bar, Aronan goes in behind him and watches his back. As the Yellow Knives gather to threaten Angis, the Korindian smiles broadly, "You are welcome to my purse, but it contains no coins. Metal is considered unclean to my people. However, compared to your faces metal isn't so bad."
Aronan

Sroxl
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sroxl » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:22 pm

Notice 7, Intimidation 9; -1 Benny
Notice: 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild: 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace: 1d6+6 = 7: 1

Intimidation: 1d6+4 = 6: 2 (+4 Frightening)
Wild: 1d6+4 = 9: 5

Reroll just because
Intimidation: 1d6+4 = 5: 1
Wild: 1d6+4 = 7: 3
Sroxl smiles a toothy smile at the confident man in the corner. With all the menace he can muster, he tells the man, "We did not come looking for trouble. We brought it with uss. But if you're ssmart, we can be civilized. We have much to disscusss, and if you co-operate, my friendss might even make it worth your while."

When he finishes speaking, Sroxl twirls his Kayakor fancily in front of him from the right, to the left, behind him, and back to the right, ending with it pointing at the main in the corner.

Sroxl snarls at the man and says, "Otherwisse, you can prize my belongingss from my cold, dead fingerss."
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature

Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradon » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:25 am

Notice 5
OOC Comments
1d6+2 = 3: 1
1d6+2 = 7: 5 ignore the +2's
Bradon sidles into the bar, keeping himself as low key as possible. With the others barrelling in and getting lots of attention, being able to sneak behind them and get at what they took or even give them an advantage if a fight broke out.

Stealth 8
OOC Comments
1d8+2 = 5: 3
1d8+2 = 5: 3
last benny for extra effort 1d6 = 3: 3

Tieronar

Post by Tieronar » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:01 pm

OOC Comments
Notice 1d6 = 6: 6 EXPLOSION 1d6 = 6: 6 EXPLOSION AGAIN! 1d6 = 6: 6 And another Raise 1d6 = 5: 5

THAT'S A 23 NOTICE!
Tieronar slides into the bar, keeping close to Danyar.

"Well now," the Brinchie says quietly, "If this goes badly, I'll watch your back, you watch mine. When this goes badly, and I'm pretty sure it will, I think we should focus on the weak links so that the others can take out whoever is in charge."
Last edited by Tieronar on Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
+ 1 Golden Benny

Danyar

Post by Danyar » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:58 am

Tieronar wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:01 pm
"Well now," the Brinchie says quietly, "If this goes badly, I'll watch your back, you watch mine. When this goes badly, and I'm pretty sure it will, I think we should focus on the weak links so that the others can take out whoever is in charge."
Notice
Notice 1d8 = 1: 1
Exploded_Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Stealth
Stealth 1d8+2 = 7: 5
WIld 1d6 = 1: 1
Whispering. Well Tieronar, it looks like it will get really ugly, real quick. We will keep our backs to the wall and you watch the right and I will watch the left. If no one directly attacks us, we will attack the backs of the Yellow kinves attacking our friends but, we will do it in unison. Yes, lets stick together through this.
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1

Lysennia Moonsinger

Post by Lysennia Moonsinger » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:48 pm

From across the room Lysennia watched her companions draw attention to themselves. Pulling her cloak a little tighter around her shoulders she tried her best to look like just another inconspicuous local. With luck she might spot something she may miss if she was involved in the upcoming brawl. It was after all not the reason they were here.

In all honesty she felt sure her companions could handle the typical ruffians they might encounter in a dive like this, but she would be on her guard to act as their magical defence or give chase to any rabbit that tried to make a run for it.

She settled back into the corner and nursed her goblet of wine, sipping but not actually drinking. The whole thing with finding the ingredients for the cure had all seemed so simple when they were laying out the plans. Now, with having come up empty at the docks, and the debacle with the mockery, most of a day had been wasted and they were no further forward. Tonight's expedition needed to bear fruit.

An Apology
Sorry for the long absence everyone. Been a time of upheaval here in the last coiiple of months, but hopefully things are starting to get on more of an even keel now.
Looking forward to getting some quality play time in now. :)

RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by RFT » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:46 pm

One of the larger members of the Yellow Knives simply walks over and prepares to kick the stool out from under the dwarf. It is obvious to all they have decided battle is needed, and they will surely provide the opportunity.

INITIATIVE ORDER
Bradon, Danyar and Laura have 2 days until I post
  • Bradon & Danyar are on Hold and May Go Whenever they decide to Post.
    Laura goes first
Then Yellow Knives Go,
Then Players Turns
MAP
Feel free to move where needed in this map on roll20.
Yellow Knives Bar - Turn 01.JPG
Shaping Worlds Together
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -5 Stupid Slumber

• +8 Players

• +5 Players

• +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks

Aronan
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Aronan » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:05 am

First Strike 14 Damage 9
Fighting 1d12-2 = 10: 12
Ace: 1d12 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5

Damage 1d8 = 3: 3 1d6 = 5: 5
Raise 1d6 = 1: 1
Anticipating a fight, Aronon reacts quickly as the Yellow Knives close in. Turning quickly to face his attacker he brings up the butt end of his staff and catches the rogue under the chin, sending him reeling backward.
Aronan

RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by RFT » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:31 pm

OOC Comments
Feel free to move you tokens as needed on the map.
https://app.roll20.net/join/3148016/XMiY3A
Shaping Worlds Together
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -5 Stupid Slumber

• +8 Players

• +5 Players

• +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks

Lysennia Moonsinger

Post by Lysennia Moonsinger » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:21 pm

Aronan wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:05 am
Anticipating a fight, Aronon reacts quickly as the Yellow Knives close in. Turning quickly to face his attacker he brings up the butt end of his staff and catches the rogue under the chin, sending him reeling backward.
OOC Comments
Just a few reactions and observations. Trying to get my hand back in before I have to start posting in earnest. ;)
Lysennia had to bite down on her tongue to stop herself shouting a warning to Aronan as she saw the thug closing in in him from behind. However her concern was needless. The Korindian negligently cracked the rogue with his staff and stood ready to face the next person foolish enough to try their luck.

It was the first time she had really had chance to observe her companions in action. Usually she herself was in the thick of things, often needing their strength and combat savvy to keep her out of harms way. Now she was getting to see how intimidating they would be to face as a unit.

Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Angis Ironheart » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:28 am

Afternoon
Round 0

Angis snorted as it seems they were going to deny his request for a drink. “Ceynara’s blue balls, wot’s a dwarf got t’ dae t’ get a drink.” He picked his axe up off the counter and turned casually around to face the men and their knives. “An’ Shadows take ye if ye think a dwarf be leavin’ ‘is purse wi’oot gettin’ a drink.” He shrugged his shield onto his arm.

“Sae we’re gaein’ t’ dance? Guid thing me card’s open. An’ after, we’ll ‘ave some questions f’r those we leave alive an’ conscious,” he told the Yellow Knives as they started to come at them.
OOC Comments
Just waiting my turn :)
Character Tracker
Adventure Card

Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradon » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:58 pm

Notice
1d6 = 4: 4
1d6 = 5: 5

We can never go anywhere for a quiet drink. We are going to get a bad reputation for causing trouble.
He slipped behind the nearest one and slashed at him with his sabre.

Attack 8 damage 4
OOC Comments
1d8 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 2: 2
damage 2d6 = 4: 3, 1
OOC Comments
Presuming I get surprise and not the drop

Danyar

Post by Danyar » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:08 pm

Danyar sees the situation going bad real quick. Taking advantage of the situation, he raises his bow, aims and fires at the back of one of the Yellow Knives sitting in a chair before him. He lets the arrow loose and it flies straight and true into the back of the opponent before him.
Shooting
Shooting 1d8+3 = 11: 8
Explosion 1d8 = 6: 6
Explosion 1d6 = 3: 3
Damage 2d6+3 = 7: 2, 2
RaiseDMG 1d6 = 3: 3
17 to hit
10 damage
Danyar
Parry 7
Toughness 6/9
Bennies 3/3
Gold Bennies0/1

Lysennia Moonsinger

Post by Lysennia Moonsinger » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:59 am

Bradon casually attempted to cut down one of the thugs with his sabre. Things were going downhill rapidly. Aronan cracking one of the locals across the head with his staff was one thing, but launching into a pre-emptive strike with lethal force was something else entirely.

"We're supposed to be the ones upholding the law", she thought to herself through gritted teeth as she saw Danyar shoot another seated patron.

What she had believed was likely to be a rowdy bar fight could very likely end with the watch being called and her companions being arrested. However that would have to wait. The plan called for her not to involve herself and just observe, try and spot anyone behaving in an odd manner when the fight broke out, and their task was still very pressing. So Lysennia grits her teeth and remains seated.

"We will have words about this debacle later gentlemen", she thought to herself. The only thing betraying her displeasure was the tautness across the back of her knuckles as she grasped her staff more tightly.

RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by RFT » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:55 am

As the thugs begin moving into action one of the kicks the dwarves chair out from under him and the team moves into action fast. The dwarf stumbles a bit but catches himself before hitting the ground completely.

12 to Grapple the dwarf
Fighting d6 +1 gang up
Fighting 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+7 = 11: 4

Fighting 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+7 = 12: 5
One of the two thugs approaching Aronan hits the ground like a sack of potatoes his bell rung completely and thoroughly. The Thug next to him rethinks what he was going to do and instead chooses to cut Aronan with one of the ugly yellow knives too small for organ damage.

7 versus Parry misses Aronan
If this attack hits you need to make a Vigor -2 roll or suffer -1 fatigue. You will continue rolling every minute until you make the roll or are incapacitated.
Fighting d6, Wild attack +2/+2
Fighting 1d6+2 = 7: 5
As Bradon swings his saber the thug stumbles back wounded but not defeated. Swinging his knife he cuts at Bradon's hand trying to disarm him, while his friend tries to come circle him in.

5 versus Parry misses Bradon
You had Surprise which adds +2/+2 so shaken
Spirit to unshake 1d4 = 4: 4

If this attack hits you need to make a Vigor -2 roll or suffer -1 fatigue. You will continue rolling every minute until you make the roll or are incapacitated.
If Unshake happens Fighting to disarm -2, +1 for gang up
Fighting 1d6-1 = 4: 5
The rest of the room explodes into action as the arrow shoots through one of the gang members. Someone shouts "Holy crap their trying to kill us!" Followed by someone else yelling. "Don't hold back guys, these aint guards, their another gang! Kill them!" A third person yells "Grab the ladies, they will have to give up or retreat. Or we kill the sorcerers."

14 to secure Lysennia, 8 to secure Laura. Spell casting will be inhibited while restrained/gagged
If they grapple you your spell casting will be inhibited as a contest versus their fighting until you break free.

Three of the thugs move to grapple Lysennia and three more move to grapple Laura.
Grapple Lysennia All out +2/+2, Gang up +2
Fighting 1d6+4 = 10: 6 Ace 1d6+10 = 14: 4
Fighting 1d6+4 = 6: 2
Fighting 1d6+4 = 8: 4

Grapple Laura All out +2/+2, Gang up +2
Fighting 1d6+4 = 7: 3
The other Thugs move back taking up defensive stances for fear of what the heroes will do next.

Going Defensive 11 parry for those that did not attack
GM fiat on using a group roll even though it is combat to save time.
Fighting 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Ace 1d6+8 = 11: 3
Fighting 1d6+2 = 6: 4
As the scene turns into a place of death the service people panic and run behind the bar hiding, those who cannot make it to the bar try ducking in place hoping not to get caught up in the gang war.

ALL REMAINING PLAYERS CAN TAKE ACTIONS
UPDATED MAP
Screenshot_20181004-080827_Chrome.jpg
Shaping Worlds Together
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -5 Stupid Slumber

• +8 Players

• +5 Players

• +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks

Tieronar

Post by Tieronar » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:52 am

OOC Comments
Notice 1d6 = 5: 5

Wild Attack Two Attacks (right one will get Gangup from Danyar.)
Right Paw 1d8+3 = 9: 6
Wild 1d6+3 = 9: 6 Explode 1d6 = 5: 5
Hit

Damage 1d8+2 = 8: 6 1d6 = 2: 2

Left Paw 1d8+2 = 10: 8 Explode 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3

What is their toughness? (5) Stagger one.

FYI -1 to be hit, Parry is 7 this turn as opposed to 9. They lose 1 point of Gangup Bonus of they attack.

"Restrain the Ladies?" Tieronar snarls. "My Granddam would tear their tiny balls off for that."

The Brinchie lashes out at the two enemies nearby, hitting the one between himself and Danyar.
Last edited by Tieronar on Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
+ 1 Golden Benny

Lysennia Moonsinger

Post by Lysennia Moonsinger » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:47 am

Evade grapple notes
Opposed Fighting roll to not be grappled = Fighting= 1d6 = 2: 2, Wild Die= 1d6 = 5: 5
Spirit Roll to be Unshaken = Spirit Roll = 1d12 = 3: 3, Wild Die = 1d6 = 2: 2
Opposed Agility Roll to Break Free = Agility Roll= 1d8 = 5: 5, Wild Die= 1d6 = 5: 5 Benny to Extra Effort = 1d6 = 5: 5 Total = 10

Net result: Lysennia was successfully grappled with a raise to make her shaken.
She failed to unshake.
She wriggled to get free (spending a benny for extra effort) and got a raise against her opponents so still gets to act.
Caught by surprise Lysennia is grabbed by three of the thieves before she realises her hoped for subterfuge of being just another random patron was pointless. The Yellow Daggers clearly know she is with the others and are not taking any chances. One of them grapples her in a big bear hug, and his two companions grab an arm each and hold her fast. She feels the roughness of his unshaven chin digging into her neck and is almost overcome by the smell of alcohol on his breath.

Fortunately they had not reckoned on both her diminutive stature and quite how much she could wriggle if she put mind to it. Her hands slipped easily from the grasp of the two accomplices and in a flash, she drops to her knees and rolls to one side coming up in a fighting crouch.

"Didn't anyone teach you boys it's impolite to lay hands on a lady?", she hisses at the three somewhat dumbfounded rogues. She gestures toward the three of them and arcs of lightning spray from her fingers, coursing over their bodies.
Spellcasting
Triple Bolt - As effectively still in melee range will go against their parry (previously listed at 5
Bolt1= 1d10 = 10: 10, Ace= 1d6 = 3: 3 = 13 Hit with a raise
Bolt2= 1d10 = 7: 7, Hit
Bolt3= 1d10 = 4: 4,
Wild Die= 1d6 = 5: 5 Hit
Thug 1 takes 3d6 = 12: 3, 3, 6, Ace= 1d6 = 1: 1 damage and is out of the fight
Thug 2 takes 2d6 = 8: 3, 5 damage and is shaken
Thug 3 takes 2d6 = 7: 2, 5 damage and is shaken

(Damn it, mildly disappointing) :)
One of the ruffians jerks spasmodically and slumps to the floor and the others look a little dazed.
"So are you gentlemen going to leave us in peace or is this about to turn ugly. . . for you?
Last edited by Lysennia Moonsinger on Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.

RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by RFT » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:17 pm

You escaped with a raise so you still have an action

Not wanting the frisky gang member to break free of their grasp and knowing their live may depend on her being restrained the fighters do their best to maintain their grip.

As Lysennia breaks their hold the men panic and immediately try to shield themselves.

OOC Comments
GM ruling Gang up does not apply to Agility/Strength rolls.
Strength 1d6 = 4: 4

Strength 1d6 = 2: 2

Strength 1d6 = 1: 1
Shaping Worlds Together
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -5 Stupid Slumber

• +8 Players

• +5 Players

• +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks

Sroxl
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sroxl » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:04 pm

Notice 10, Spirit 5
Notice: 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild: 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace: 1d6+6 = 10: 4

Spirit: 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild: 1d6 = 1: 1
The beast rears its head as Sroxl's allies and enemies fly into motion. He does not placate it, but they are old friends now and he is the master, not the beast.

"Sso we fight," the Dregordian states simply - his eyes more alive than his allies have seen yet.

He sees the ladies being accosted and rushes to their defense. Magic is a powerful ally, and the enemy knows it.

Sroxl rushes along the wall and positions himself between Lysennia and Laura, shouting, "Hah! Ssmart oness are the besst. I will have you releasse my friendss, curss!"

Rapid Attack (Damages: 10, 16, 16 - AP 1)
One attack each at two yellow knives between Lysennia and Laura but Adjacent to Sroxl, and also one at the one to the right of Lyesnnia within Reach. Gang Up applies to Reach, but the Reach character does not increase the bonus if he is not adjacent to a target.
Fighting 1d10+1 = 4: 3 (+1 vs Reach 0 weapon, +1 Trademark Weapon, +1 Gang-Up, +2 Wild Attack, -4 Rapid Attack)
Fighting 1d10+1 = 10: 9
Fighting 1d10+1 = 8: 7 (7: -1, not adjacent, so no gang up)
Wild: 1d6+1 = 6: 5

Attack 1 (6), No raise: 2d10 = 8: 1, 7 +2 Wild Attack = 10, AP 1
Attack 2 (10), Raise: 2d10 = 14: 6, 8 + 1d6 = 2: 2 +2 Wild Attack = 16, AP 1
Attack 3 (7), No Raise: 2d10 = 14: 5, 9, +2 Wild Attack = 16, AP 1
The rowdy dregordian's silver steel kayakor flashes in a blur. The butt end and the blade land solid blows on each of the closest enemies, and with each thud and crunch, Sroxl's beast grows more and more agitated.

Parry reduced by -4 to 4 until the beginning of my next turn.
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature

RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by RFT » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:20 am

The rapid flurry of strikes kills two of the yellow knives on Laura. Seeing his friends nearly bisected the last Yellowknife stares in horror.

The volley of spells from the freed Druid is enough to obliterate one of the thugs while sending two of them stumbling backwards in pain.
Shaping Worlds Together
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -5 Stupid Slumber

• +8 Players

• +5 Players

• +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks

Aronan
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Aronan » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:50 am

Rapid Attack 1 (non-lethal): 6 (hit), 17 damage (incapacitated) | 2: 6 (hit) 32 damage (incapacitated)
Yellow Knife 1: Fighting 1d12-4 = 7: 11
Nonlethal: -1
Total 6
Yellow Knife 1: Fighting 1d12-4 = 1: 5
Yellow Knife 2: Fighting 1d12-4 = 7: 11
Nonlethal: -1
Total: 6
Wild 1d6-4 = 1: 5

Damage 1: 1d8 = 7: 7 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 4: 4
Total: 17

Damage 2: 1d8 = 6: 6 1d6 = 1: 1
Benny 1d6 = 6: 6 1d8 = 8: 8
Double Ace! 1d6 = 4: 4 1d8 = 8: 8
Ace 1d8 = 6: 6
Total: 32
Moving with uncanny quickness, Aronan spins and swirls his staff and lands to quick blows, one on each of his nearest assailants. Wary of leaving a trail of dead bodies, Aronan uses his staff to hit in vital areas that don't do lasting damage. This turned out to be a very prodigious decision as the sound of the staff cracking home against both Yellow Knives reverberated through the pub. If those had been lethal blows the men would have been broken in half by the blunt force.

His way clear, Aronan moves across the room ready to stand off against the apparent leader, who might be tempted to beat a hasty retreat. Using his staff to keep distance between the, the Korindian waits for Jack to make the first move (moved 1" away, using my superior reach to force him to step into me or try to run away). "Call back your men, lest this place become stacked to the ceiling with your dead."
Aronan

Angis Ironheart
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Angis Ironheart » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:07 am

Afternoon
Round 0

Angis grinned as the toughs moved to grab him. He always welcomed a fight. He spun his axe around to the flat, took a step forward -- and slipped on a patch of spilled beer, promptly face planting to the floor as the two toughs leapt on his back, knocking his head on the bar as he went down.

And then the situation escalated as arrows are launched and the fight turned deadly.

Angis shook his head to clear it and then gave a roar. “Ye dunnae wan’ t’ be fightin us!” he shouted as he struggled to break free. “Let the lassies gae an’ I moight no’ cut ye off at the knees.”
Opposing grapple 1 Crit Fail
Fighting 1d10 = 1: 1
Unshake 11
Spirit 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 11: 5
Break grapple 5
Strength 1d10 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Benny for Extra Effort 1d6+4 = 5: 1
Mission

[/list]

NPCs
Character Tracker
Adventure Card

Bradon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Bradon » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:28 am

Notice 5
OOC Comments
1d6 = 2: 2
These idiots may have drawn knives, but rampaging through with a giant axe was taking things way too far.
He clocks the idiot in front of him with the hilt of his sabre, sending him sprawling to the floor.

"Stand down," he shouts at the leader, "before this gets any worse."

Fighting 5 damage 11
OOC Comments
1d8 = 2: 2
1d6 = 1: 1
benny to reroll
1d8 = 4: 4

2d6 = 11: 6, 5
Beats 5/5 nonlethal
Persuasion 6
OOC Comments
1d6+1 = 6: 5
1d6+1 = 6: 5

RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by RFT » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:23 am

OOC Comments
YN Ag 1d6 = 5: 5
YN Ag 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 8: 2
YN Ag 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 10: 4
YN Ag 1d6 = 5: 5
YN Ag 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 12: 6 Ace 1d6+12 = 18: 6
YN Ag 1d6 = 2: 2

Yellow Jack d10 Agility +2 acrobatics
Trick 1d10+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1
  • Personal Benny to Reroll
    Trick 1d10+2 = 8: 6
    Wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Throwing 1d6 = 2: 2
  • Personal Benny to reroll
    throwing 1d6 = 1: 1
    wild 1d6 = 2: 2
    • GM Benny to Reroll
      Throwing 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 9: 3
      Wild 1d6 = 3: 3

As things become way more serious than the Yellow Knives where able to handle Yellow Jack shouts to the others. "Run, go get the guards" Then springing off the table he flicks his hand towards Sroxl as if to hit him in the face, but nothing comes, then tossing a vial to the grounds it explodes in a yellow dust ensnaring Aranon, Sroxl, and Laura in it as well as many of his fellow Yellow Knives who were unable to dodge from the area.

Then waiting not a single moment he flees out the door!
Shaping Worlds Together
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -5 Stupid Slumber

• +8 Players

• +5 Players

• +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks

RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by RFT » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:28 pm

The orders given by Jack the Yellow Knives begin to break and run away as fast as they can.

PLAYERS HAVE THE INITIATIVE AND TWO JOKERS FOR +2 BENNIES
Initiative
Initiative.JPG
Updated Map
Screenshot_20181004-080827_Chrome.jpg
Shaping Worlds Together
  • +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    -5 Stupid Slumber

• +8 Players

• +5 Players

• +8 Players
    +2 Sidekicks

Tieronar

Post by Tieronar » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:45 pm

OOC Comments
Running Pace 8 + 1d10+2 = 8: 6 Move 16

Two Strikes with Wild Attack (+2 Joker +2 Wild Attack -2 Run + Attack = +2) Stiking to disable not kill.
Left 1d8+2 = 8: 6
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Benny 1d8+2 = 9: 7 1d6+2 = 6: 4

9 to hit

Right 1d8+2 = 7: 5
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Benny 1d8+2 = 8: 6 1d6+2 = 7: 5

8 to hit

L Damage 1d8 = 8: 8+ 1d6 = 4: 4 EXPLOSIONd8 1d8 = 2: 2+4 = 18 damage
R Damage 1d8+2 = 8: 6 + 1d6 = 1: 1+4 = 13 Damage

With the Wild Attack and Skein of Ages, Tier's parry is 8 instead of 9 and any gangup attacks on him subtract 1 from the gangup bonus
Seeing the scoundrel who is apparently the leader, Tieronar sprints after the scumbag, his feline gait quickly overtaking Yellow Jack. With a growl and a leap, the Brinchie launches himself at the criminal, catching the man with two powerful blows.
+ 1 Golden Benny

RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by RFT » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:10 am

Yellow Jack hits the ground screaming in pain from the blows. "You are going to pay for this Brinchie. My mom will arrest you and my uncle will have your skin on his walls!" Rolling on the ground in pain he stops running, stumbling up to his feat he is slowed incredibly as the wounds have had a serious effect.

OOC Comments
Soak 3 wounds
1d4 = 2: 2
1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 9: 3

Soak 2 Wounds
Soak
1d4-1 = 2: 3
1d6-1 = 0: 1
  • GM Benny to reroll Soak
    1d4-1 = 3: 4
    1d6-1 = 1: 2

Total taken = 3 wounds (non-lethal)