X Marks the Spot, Part 2, Take 2

Post Reply
User avatar
Snake Eyes
Game Master
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:16 pm

X Marks the Spot, Part 2, Take 2

Post by Snake Eyes » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:49 pm

Retcon bonus!
Everyone take one benny for the mess of the past week's actions with my apologies. Any bennies spent during that period of time that didn't happen can be restored as if that never happened, because it didn't. Nothing happened. What are you talking about?
The Next Leg

The evening passes uneventfully. Fundin shelters in the mountaineer, apparently quite comfortably, as if he's accustomed to sleeping in the driver's seat. Statheros finds the limb of a tree to be to his liking, and takes his rest there. Xanna eventually takes a spot in the trailer, using her ion rifle as a pillow. Those who are on watch hear the noises of the wilderness and see the sky without the burden of city lights; no other activity breaks the night.

As the morning dawns, Statheros is up early. The final watcher gets an earful. "We have slept too long. I cannot emphasize enough that we should be moving towards our goal with all haste." His bellyaching, much closer to an urgency rather than a simple whine, is sufficient to wake most from their relative slumbers. With little fanfare and minimal hassle, the group is wheeling their way eastward. A few buildings and small villages dot the way, but at Statheros' urging and Fundin's misery, the hammer stays down, and decent time is made.
As evening approaches, the familiar glow of a ley line is seen in the distance. Fundin slows his approach, picking his way over some rougher terrain, and doing a fine job of not torquing the trailer off of the hitch. Statheros turns back towards Gaspard. "Here, now, is your second task. You are to deposit us hhhh...uuuuuuhhhh..." The sprite, as before, waved his hands to reveal your destination. What flickered before your vision was unrecognizable and twisted, as if looking through a photo negative of a place. Statheros falters and wobbles, then straightens up. "Something is blocking our destination along this line." He looks intently at Gaspard. "You must take us as far as you are able along this line, but I fear something, or someone, is interfering with my ability to see our end. We must be very, very cautious."
Ley Line Gating
Gaspard's prior efforts stand as is, and the group is ported in two trips without incident. I'll assume that Gaspard made all of his vigor rolls and is not fatigued at all.

THE OTHER SIDE

Upon your arrival at the other end of the line, you notice a variety of things.
First and foremost, off to your left outside the mountaineer, you see a few bruiser-looking fellows in the middle of one-sided "negotiations" with a family of elves. The eldest male elf is on the ground, bleeding, and either unconscious or dead. A woman and two teenagers, a male and a female, are being yelled at by the aforementioned bruisers. The shouting ceases as they all, in unison, turn their heads to look at the rather large vehicle that has just appeared out of nowhere.
The other thing you notice is a rather clearly defined line in the terrain, where everything east of you appears sick. The foliage, the land, everything looks wilted. Outside that line is green grass, healthy trees, and normal landscape. Even the ley line running in that direction appears...distorted. The coloration is different and the "flow" appears erratic.
The lead tough shouts at the mountaineer. "The hell you come from? Can't you see we're busy here?"
Statheros slumps in his seat and closes his eyes. He does not appear to be conscious.

In total, there are 4 humanoids of various makeup, but all of them armed, pointing weapons at the elf family. Fundin shrugs, then clicks the loudspeaker on the mountaineer. "Oy! That'll be more than enough out of the lot of ye." He then points the laser turret in the direction of the toughs, who decide better of their grudge. They proceed to beat feet in the opposite direction of you, leaving the elf family there. The woman falls upon the injured man. She appears to draw some energy from the untainted side of the ley line, then lays her hands on him. A moment or two later, the elf man is bathed in a warm glow, and his wounds seal themselves. He looks with uncertainty at the mountaineer. The man and woman exchange some words, then call out to you. "We hope that we have you to thank for delivering us from those ruffians, and hope that we have not been delivered from one fire to another."

Upon introducing themselves and meeting anyone who intends to speak to them, they relay to you some clarity about what you're seeing. "A month ago, our village received a report of a rift in the line towards the lake. No one went to investigate because the lake is said to be possessed. As the days passed, we began to notice the wildlife in the area going mad, becoming sick, and dying, in some cases. The vegetation turned from green and lush to brown. A few villages had a meet to ascertain the truth of this new blight. Some of the more powerful mages among us attempted to reverse the blight with magic. Even fueled by the ley line, we simply could not stop the corruption. A week ago, a family that lived near the lake showed up in one of the nearby villages." The elf man, Finlorin, bows his head for a moment. "They were something else. Not undead. But twisted. And murderous. They slew a third of the villagers before they were able to be put down. At that time, the villages surrounding us resolved to depart. However, the corruption seemed to chase us. Indeed, it had already encircled us. Perhaps our magic kept it at bay while it surrounded us, or perhaps...I believe it knew. I believe it trapped us there."

The woman, Sherlindrea, speaks up. "Many of our people escaped, but some succumbed to the blight. Some of those who died arose and sought our doom. We have escaped the corruption, only to be set upon by highwaymen as soon as we crossed the corrupt boundary. We thank you for saving our lives."

Finlorin adds. "As the corruption spread, drawing energy from the ley line became more difficult. The weaker of the magicians in our village seemed to lose a part of themselves as they tried to draw. If you are strong, you can withstand it and still gain power from it. But be cautious. There is a consequence for those of weak will who use the line."

The family will answer any questions you have, although they insist on moving further away from the boundary of the blighted area. Once your interrogation / investigation is complete, you can, if you choose, set off into the blight. That is, of course, the direction of your destination. The elf family thanks you again, and bids you good fortune and offers of repayment should you ever meet again.
Next set of instructions
Go ahead and ask questions if you have any, make Kn: Arcana rolls if you'd like. Anyone who wishes to draw from the good section of the line can do so and I'll assume you're at max power. Finlorin has assured you that the uncorrupted line is safe for now.

If you decide to soldier on into the blight, everyone should make a Spirit roll vs. TN 4. Success, and you fight off the effects of the corruption. Failure, you sustain a level of Corruption. (Note: this is NOT the same Corruption as Gaspard is tracking for summoning. This is separate.) Each level of Corruption you sustain adds -1 to all trait rolls. Upon sustaining your 4th level of Corruption...well, don't do that. That's bad.

Everyone can add Finlorin and Sherlindrea as contacts. If you ever run across them again, they will be friendly and predisposed to aid you should you need it.
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
GM Bennies: 6/9 (-1 EE puppet, -1 EE slumber, -1 EE puppet)
Wild Card Bennies:
CM left: 2/2
CM right: 2/2
NM left: 0/2 (soak, soak, dead)
NM right: 0/2 (soak, soak)
Summoner: 0/2 (unshake, EE FM)
Statheros: 1/2 (reroll resist slumber)

User avatar
Joseph Cook
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:14 pm

Re: X Marks the Spot, Part 2, Take 2

Post by Joseph Cook » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:02 pm

Knowledge Arcana 4 Spirit 9
WIP
Knowledge Arcana 1d8 = 1: 1
Wild Die 1d6 = 4: 4

Spirit 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild Die 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 3: 3

User avatar
Alex
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 6:53 am

Re: X Marks the Spot, Part 2, Take 2

Post by Alex » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Kn Arcana 1d8+2 = 5: 3 Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Spirit Roll: 1d6 = 5: 5 wild 1d6 = 5: 5

Alex in his power armor lets loose with his questions each one more rapid than the next, ” Where is your village, do you speak elvish, how come you have only two kids? What do you do with the folks that succumbed to the blight? Have you seen a skull this high, this wide with these kind of markings, is Everret standing behind me? What kind of food do you normally eat in the blighted area? Can you mark the rift you never investigated on our map here?” Alex opens up part of his armored gauntlet and a holo map of the area pops out. Breathlessly he finishes by saying slowly and with excitement, ” Your daughter is so beautiful, burn me.”
Alex Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d8(2), Smarts d10(2Mars, 1), Spirit d6(1), Strength d4(0) {1d12+4}, Vigor d8+[2]( [d10](1, 1 advance)
Charisma: 2; Pace: 10; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 20(10)[1] MDC; Strain: 0
Combat Edges: Elan, rock and roll, [fearless], [Battle hardened]
Powers Weird Science: Dispel/conceal(15), Blast(15), Dispel(15), smite(15)
Bennies
2/3
+1 post rate
-1 damage
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Damage: By grenade type: plasma 3d10 SBT, 60/120/240, shots 40, rof: 3
Weight: 75
Snapfire, RoF uses one grenade per shot.
Smite Power Attached to it with an Electricity Trapping ( Mega Version is Available as well)
Alex Armor
  • Triax T-31 Super Trooper: Size 1, +10 M.D.C. Armor, +2 Toughness, Strength d12+4, Pace 7.
    Notes: Jet Boosters (Jump 12” horizontal, 6” vertical)
    • „
    • 2 × Rocket Launchers (shoulders). They only fire the F4 Fusion Block missiles (Range 15/30/60, Damage 6d6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT). Each launcher has two missiles
    • „ „ 2×Mounted Rocket Launchers (legs)Left anti-vehicle(4d6 AP11), right normal(5d6 AP6) SBT. 100/200/400, RoF 1, shots 2
      „„
    • 3 × MAE-3 (“Maysies”) Hand Charges. The Maysies are thrown or placed (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, RoF 1, AP 10, Mega Damage, SBT)
      • Fusion Missiles are $3K each. The MAE-3 cost $750.
    • „ „ Vibro-Sword (right arm)
      „„
    • 2 × Laser Torches (each palm). The laser torches can be used in combat (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage

User avatar
Gaspard Gillead
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 11:36 pm

Re: X Marks the Spot, Part 2, Take 2

Post by Gaspard Gillead » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:56 pm

K: Arcana 5, Gaspard Spirit 5, Proditione Spirit 4
K: Arcana 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild Arcana 1d6 = 5: 5

Spirit 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild Spirit 1d6 = 5: 5

Perdi Spirit 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild Perdi Spirit 1d6 = 4: 4
Gaspard had to quell his instincts when the ruffians flee--he nearly sets Proditione on them. No, the others are right, we have a mission. But this corrupted zone is not something we can afford to turn a blind eye to.

After the elves explain the situation more clearly, Gaspard lets Alex spill out his questions, first, merely noting the answers to the ones he finds most important--in particular, the location of the Rift that apparently is responsible for the trouble. While waiting for the answers, he takes the time to 'top off' of the Ley Line, as it is likely the last opportunity for such he will have for some time.

When they finally pass the line into the corrupted zone, both he and his bondslave feel the ill effect, but manage to shrug it off for now. "We've got to hurry. If this area is expanding, we might not have anyplace to return to, if we fail to shut down the Rift now." Then he looks at Proditione, suspiciously. "You didn't even flinch when we crossed the line, Demon. Do you know anything about waht we're dealing with, here?" After a pause, he continues. "Include those details you might truly suspect, as well as those you know for certain."

Proditione gives a dismissive chuff and shrugs. "You cannot darken pure black. I only know two things for certain. One, our pact remains unaffected--after all, I haven't buried my blade in your throat to still your blathering tongue. Secondly, while you have resisted for now, in due course, you and all of your oh-so-noble allies will succumb." He gives a twisted, leering grin. "Perhaps then, the bond will also be affected. This is power on a cosmic scale. You cannot withstand it forever." He then changes his tone. "As far as my suspicions, even power such as this has a source. And nothing is indestructible."

Gaspard nods, ignoring the threats, doom-saying and disparaging slights, focusing on the key bits. "Right. No time to waste, people."
Gaspard Gillead
Stat Block
D'norr Shifter
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Skills: Spellcasting d12; Knowledge: Arcana d6; Knowledge: Politics d6; Notice d6; Fighting d4; Throwing d4; Investigation d6; Persuasion d4; Streetwise d6
Charisma: +1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 10 (5); Strain: 0; Corruption: 0
Edges: Linguist, Ley Line Phasing/Gate, Dimension Sense, Arcane Awareness, Rift Mastery, Master of Magic, Soul Drain, Rapid Recharge
Hindrances: Code of Honor, Minor Enemy, Quirk: Sweet Tooth, Obvious D-Bee
Bennies: 2/3
PPE: 25/25

Powers: Summon Ally, Det. Arcana, Drain Power Points*, Mind Reading*, Dispel, Bolt, Burrow, Darksight, Farsight
  • Q4/18 Adventure Cards:
    Extra Effort Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.
Proditione (Bound Lesser Demon)
Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d10, Vigor d10
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13 (3) [Demon armor]
Fighting d8; Intimidation d6; Notice d4
Edges: Arcane Resistance, Brawny, Charge, Frenzy
Weapon In Hand: Chain Greatsword (Str+2d10 MD)
1/2-Damage from non-magical attacks
Causes Fear
Immune Poison, Disease, non-magical Fire/Heat/Cold
Hardy
Infravision
Size +2
Weaknesses: Holy, Silver

User avatar
Gill
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Re: X Marks the Spot, Part 2, Take 2

Post by Gill » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:25 am

Having filled his inner well as much as possible while waiting for the rift to be opened earlier Gill looks around. Focusing his will he heightens his arcane awareness to it limits so he can better discern the nature of the corruption and how to fight it.

The meditation takes some time as he is out of it for nearly a minute communing with the earth and cosmos as to the nature of this horrible corruption.
corruption rolls
I will obviously use bennies as needed, because this would be very, very counter to his nature.
Gill Spirit d6
Spirit 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
  • Benny to reroll
    Spirit 1d6 = 5: 5
    Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Curatrix Spirit d10
Spirit 1d10 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Extra Effort 1d6+3 = 7: 4
Exalted Detect Arcana and Communion
Exalted detect Arcana cost 2 PPE
Mysticism 1d8 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1


Communion 10 PPE
Mysticism 1d8 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Speaking with the universe and the spirits who will listen Gill thinks. ‘There is a dark corruption in this land and coming from around here. What can you tell me that will help us fight this abomination?’
OOC Comments
Ganadril and his protector Curatrix

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0
PPE: 12 of 15
ISP: 10 of 10
Bennies: 4
  • +3 Quarter Begins
    +1 PR
Active Effects:
Greater Deflection
Summoned 6 Fire Elementals

User avatar
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:12 am

Re: X Marks the Spot, Part 2, Take 2

Post by Everett Jackson » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:21 pm

Notice 3; Spirit 8, -1 Benny
Notice: 1d6-1 = 1: 2 (-1 Glitch)
Wild: 1d6-1 = 3: 4

Spirit: 1d8-1 = 0: 1 (-1 Racial)
Wild: 1d6-1 = 3: 4
Extra Effort: 1d6+3 = 8: 5
Everett looks at the corrupted Leyline and ponders the elves comments, "This corruption could mean trouble - especially if it drives people insane. I wonder what kind of trouble we'll get into in there..."

"Are there any local bandit groups, or any groups really, who were unusually troublesome or powerful that might have become corrupted by this...whatever it is? Are there any individuals who might have stayed behind that could cause us trouble if they became affected?" Everett asks the elves.

He thinks a moment longer and decides to ask one more question, "Are there any defensive positions we could use if we are forced into combat? Any tactical information about the corrupted area could be very helpful to know."

He politely listens to their answers and the remainder of the conversation until the two groups part ways. Then he takes point entering into the corruption with Balitrox and Lizzy at the ready.
Everett Jackson, Cybernetic Techno-Warrior
Everett, Vat-Grown Human Headhunter
Pace: 6; Parry: 7(6) Toughness: 25(12)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Acrobat: +2 to Agility for Acrobatic Maneuvers/+1 Parry unencumbered
    Battle Hardened: +2 to Soak rolls
    Killer Instinct: Wins opposed roll ties; Rerolls first result of 1 on skill die for opposed rolls
    Extra Set of Arms: +1 non-movement action w/ no MAP
    Nano-Repair System: Heal 1 Wound/Day; +4 to resist Bleeding Out
    Optics Package: +2 to Sight-based Notice, Ignore illumination penalties, +2 vs Blinding flashes & related light burst effects
    Rock and roll!: If no movement during round, ignore full auto penalty.
    Size +1: Size +1
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; PPE: 10/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards
  • 25: Hidden Stash - Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
  • Noble Sacrifice: Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead.
Edit Signature

Balitrox speaking into Everett's mind.

User avatar
Missouri
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:39 am

Re: X Marks the Spot, Part 2, Take 2

Post by Missouri » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:26 pm

Knowledge Arcane 16; Spirit vs. Corruption, Success
Knowledge Arcane 16.
Knowledge Arcane die 1d6 = 2: 2, Wild die 1d6 = 6: 6, Ace 1d6 = 6: 6, Ace 1d6 = 4: 4.

Spirit vs. Corruption, Success.
Spirit die 1d8 = 1: 1, Wild die 1d6 = 4: 4.
Driving
Driving die 1d4 = 2: 2, Wild die 1d6 = 2: 2.
Missouri saw trouble brewing just outside where they teleported via the ley line to. He began gathering energy from the ley line and opened the door to step outside but the situation resolved via vehicle weaponry before he got very far. For just a split second, he thought he had said something cool and cast Slumber on the thugs, but that clearly didn't happen, so he needed to stop daydreaming.

He listened to the tale of woe and blight, suppressing a shiver. It sounded pretty terrible. His heart went out to the people a bit, but he did know they were on a time table. He looked at Heather. "I know we have a bit of a deadline...are we going to help these people?" He kept his voice pitched low and turned away from the elves, just in case.

He rolled his eyes at Alex, especially going on about the pretty daughter. Too forward.
Last edited by Missouri on Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Missouri Smith
Character Summary
D'Norr A.R.E.S. Archaeologist

Special: -2 vs Fear; Can get irritable/impatient during periods of low activity (requires a Spirit Roll or gets -2 Charisma and -1 to Trait rolls)

Active effects: Quickness (with raise so redraw Initiative lower than 8); +2 Pace, +1 die Agility; +2 die Vigor.
TK Machinegun - Serious Problem: The device or gear applies a –2 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 2.

Wounds:

Parry: 7; Toughness: 19(11) (currently 21(11)
Weapons: TK Machinegun; Shard Pistol; TW Energy Whip

Edges: AB Magic, Attractive, Rapid Recharge, Strong Willed, Wizard

Charisma: +3 (-4 w/Coalition)
Bennies: 3

PPE: 29/20
Powers: Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Quickness, Slumber

Adventure Cards:
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Currently playing in: Tomorrow Legion: 12th AAT - The Dirty Dozen

User avatar
Xero X Kelvin
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:11 am

Re: X Marks the Spot, Part 2, Take 2

Post by Xero X Kelvin » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:33 pm

K/Arcana 5
  • K/Arcana 1d6 = 3: 3
  • Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Spirit Check 4
  • Spirit 1d10 = 1: 1
  • Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Xero clears his head as they cross through the portal. He had slept walked and dreamed that he had tamed a Rhino Buffalo as a mount. W

Well he was walking and awake now, so it certainly was a dream. Nuts. Having his own ride would be awesome.
Xero X Kalvin
Xero X Kalvin Novice Psi-Stalker Chiller
Parry: 4 || Toughness: 4
ISP: 20/20
Combat Edge: None
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Card(s):
  • Reknown: Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).

User avatar
Heather Todd
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 4:12 am

Re: X Marks the Spot, Part 2, Take 2

Post by Heather Todd » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:11 am

Notice 5
Notice 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Common Knowledge 18
Smarts 1d12 = 12: 12
Ace 1d12+12 = 18: 6
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
***

“Are you well? Do you need anything?” Heather smiled at the elven couple. She was only a few years older than their children, it appeared, and Alex was younger. Though they were elves, so who knew what age they really were.

“Take a breath, Alex. Let them answer.” Heather pulled out her computer and turned it on, eying the blighted area ahead of them as she tried to determine what might be causing it.
K. Arcana 8
+2 field computer
K. Arcana 1d8+2 = 8: 6
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
“Do you have a place you can go?” Heather asked the elves. “If not, I can recommend Castle Refuge and give you directions.”

"I know we have a bit of a deadline. Are we going to help these people?" Missouri asked.

“As much as we can,” Heather said. “We will give them what supplies we can spare, and directions to the castle. If only we hadn’t lost our extras,” she said with a sigh. They were living on rations at the moment. Nutritious, but not the best.

As Heather and the others crossed into the blighted area, Heather shivered at the feeling of corruption. It caused her to fall into herself, withdraw to her special place where she was safe.
Spirit 6
Spirit 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Extra Effort 1d6+3 = 6: 3
***
Character Tracker
Heather Todd Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (6)
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage
Rapid Recharge: 1 ISP/30m
ISP: 30/30
Armor: 10/10 PP
Grenades
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Plasma
  • 4 Fragmentation
Pistol: 20 shots
  • Reloads: 2 x 20 shots
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Card
  • Joker’s Gone Wild: Play this card to swap your initiative card with any Joker drawn for initiative.
Character Tracker
Boost Vigor (from Missouri): +2 die Vigor (d10), Toughness 16 (6), Jazz: +2 Pace (8) and +1 die Agility (d8)(1r)
Greater Deflection: -6 to hit; +6 Armor vs AOE (1r)
Exalted Telekinesis: 1d12+2 (1000 lb); Range 24 (2r)
Rune-etched stones: Add +2 to a failed Spirit roll to resist the Corruption AFTER the roll is tossed. Alternatively, it may be used to reroll one crit fail roll to resist the Corruption. It is only one single use of either save, not both. - Heather used hers. There is a spare somewhere.
  • Value: the stones have little credit value, but may be used in Techno-Wizard device construction and upgrades, counting for 2,500 credits worth of parts.
Heather Todd Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (6)
ISP: 20/30
Armor: 10/10 PP
Bennies: 3/3
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage
Rapid Recharge: 1 ISP/30m
Grenades
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 3 Fragmentation
Pistol: 20/20 shots
  • Reloads: 2 x 20 shots
Adventure Card
  • Boom! Head Shot!: You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.


Loadout
Stealth armor
HE grenade
Plasma grenade
Frag grenades x3
Light blade
Overcoat
Field computer
Rune stone
Shopping List
TW sidearm
Hand scanner
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
AP grenades
EMP grenades

User avatar
Joseph Cook
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:14 pm

Re: X Marks the Spot, Part 2, Take 2

Post by Joseph Cook » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:22 pm

Joseph looks to the group of elves, and thinks a moment. "Do you need food? We can provide you with some rations if you do..."

User avatar
Snake Eyes
Game Master
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:16 pm

Re: X Marks the Spot, Part 2, Take 2

Post by Snake Eyes » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:43 pm

Finlorin and Sherlindrea are inundated with questions by Alex, who rattles them off as quickly as his lips can move. Eventually, he finishes his barrage of interrogatories, and the elf couple answers them in turn. The elven teenager almost manages a smile at the mention of her beauty, but seems shaken, and can offer no more acknowledgement.

Finlorin begins. "Of course we speak elvish. We have not forgotten the old ways. Our village is perhaps a day's drive in your vehicle, though I believe the way may be more difficult now. It took us several days to walk. Indeed, ours was one of the closer villages to the rift." Sherlindrea takes her turn. "We have two children because that is all we believe it prudent to bring into this world. I cannot imagine having made that journey with younger than these."

Finlorin looks on at Alex, perplexed. "Skull with markings? No. I've seen nothing of the kind. I'm afraid I do now know who Everett is." At the suggestion of food, he scoffs. "You'll eat nothing plucked from these evil trees, if you value your soul. Indeed, even if there is fruit to be had, or animals. I hope you have provisions. You'll find no safe haven between here and the purported rift. The desolation grows even worse as you move eastward along the line."

Sherlindrea pauses, mustering the will to speak. "Those who fell to the blight...we burned the first few once we found healing them was beyond our abilities. But as time went on and more fell..." She loses her composure and begins to weep. Finlorin picks up where she left off. "Stars forgive us, we left them. We left them where they fell. We could not stop to bury them, we could not spare the mana to burn them. The corruption is so strong to the east. We dared not stop until we had escaped it."
Sherlindrea weeps softly, unable to compose herself. Finlorin grits his jaw. "The rift reported was roughly...here." He points to a location on the map, almost directly where Statheros and Setnaja indicated the location of the skull would be.

Finlorin acknowledges the questions from the massive four-armed man. "Ours was a relatively peaceful conglomeration of villages." He pauses and looks over the assorted faces of the 12th, then continues, though his voice lowered slightly. "We are not Dunscon's to command, though that was a topic of much discussion at the meeting of the full moons. We remained unaffiliated, though I suspect there were spies swayed by his promises of power and protection." His voice returns to its normal volume. "No. There were no bandits, and none that I am aware of remained behind. Any who had would surely have succumbed to the wicked taint by now. Tactics...ah, ours was fertile land, and little for cover, though cover is meaningless to a mage of any power. Your best option of defense is to remain in your vehicle until such a time as you decide to disembark. Any buildings in the villages may shelter you from the elements, but not from the blight."

At this, the elf boy speaks up. "I...I know of something." Finlorin spins around to look at his boy. The boy recoils, but no strike or spell or penalty seems to be coming from his father. He musters the courage to speak, and then offers a bit of information. "I went to the lake after the blight started, but didn't tell anyone. I saw...new land." Finlorin looks on at his child, the feelings of disappointment, but relief, practically roll off of him. The boy continues. "Big rocks grew out of the lake. Black. Pointed. They are not native to this area. And I thought that I saw..." He shudders, then finishes his thought. "Light. But not normal. It was sick. Putrid. The smell...I ran. But if those rocks are there, you could maybe use them to hide. Your mountaineer won't fit, though."

From the mountaineer, you hear Fundin curse under his breath (loudly), something about "flapping in the breeze."

The elf family smiles at the offer of generosity from both Heather and Joseph. "We appreciate your kind offer, but we are elves. We can live off the land quite well, as long as it remains untainted. We will, however, accept guidance to this castle you speak of. If our homes are lost to this, even if you somehow manage to reverse it, it may be some time before we can return. We would seek Refuge, then, from Dunscon's machinations."

Finlorin looks over your faces. "As it appears you are heading there, permit me a presumption. I cannot, in good conscience, allow you to go into that darkness without at least making you understand the full weight of your decision. I do not believe anyone, even the strongest, can withstand this for long. The concentration of the blight is the worst at the source, I'm sure. If you think to go, please reconsider. Perhaps there is an end to the reach of the evil, and this can simply be a thorn in Dunscon's side. You need not throw your lives...your souls away. I can do so little for you now...wait. Sherlindrea?"

She looks up at her husband, tears in her eyes. They exchange...only a look. The two of them then begin drawing on the untainted ley line. They each pull a few gemstones from their pouches, then cast spells upon each. Upon completing their ritual, they offer each of you a single gemstone. Finlorin bows to you. "These may stay the corruption from taking its toll, but only for a short time. When the grip of the blight seems its strongest, meditate upon them. They will bolster your spirits. However, we are limited in our power. They will only work once." He looks up with you, the gratitude and concern in his eyes is obvious. "You have saved our lives. I hope that we can return the favor."
With that, and assuming no other questions are forthcoming, the family thanks you again and departs.
Stones
Each member of the team, including Xanna and Fundin, are given a single rune-etched stone. It can be used once to add +2 to a failed Spirit roll to resist the Corruption AFTER the roll is tossed. Alternatively, it may be used to reroll one crit fail roll to resist the Corruption. It is only one single use of either save, not both. One and done.
Value: the stones have little credit value, but may be used in Techno-Wizard device construction and upgrades, counting for 2,500 credits worth of parts.
Note to Gaspard: if you manage to make it through the adventure without using it/them, this could be saved to use on a Corruption roll from summoning unsavory characters.
Fundin offers an opinion. "It's gettin' dark, and that way looks foul. We might as well take our last rest before crossin' here where the air don't get in yer soul. We'll roll in bright an' early tomorrow mornin'."

Xanna, however, is more than a little trepidatious. "What exactly are we planning to do? We're going where? This all sounds like a really bad idea. Why don't we do what they said? Maybe whatever this is stops and we'll be safe somewhere else."
Missouri and Heather
Missouri, you actually read something about this type of ley line corruption in Tobin's Spirit Guide, Edition 665. You're able to point Heather in the right direction on the computer. The tainted ley line is being used as a conduit to spread the corruption. As the source grows in power, it sends its blight further down the line, and the evil spreads from there. It's almost a supercharged ley line transmission, broadcasting this foul magic. While it does make drawing power from the line slightly more difficult, you can still draw untainted power from it. However, those who are not focused when doing so may tap into the tainted "frequency" and draw in the Corruption instead. Psychics, remarkably, are almost entirely unaffected in the use of their powers in the presence of this kind of tainted line, except some spectacular cases.
(Translation: drawing PPE from the ley line is done at -1; crit failing will force a Spirit roll at -2 to resist the corruption. While on the ley line, extra PPE drawn will not dwindle, as is normal. Psychics are unlikely to be affected by the corrupt line, unless they crit fail while pumping extra ISP into their psionics rolls. The above crit fail rules would apply then.
Instructions
Feel free to interact as you choose with the elves before they leave. Additional questions, etc. Someone will also want to talk to / persuade Xanna either to go with the elves or come with you. I'll give everyone a day or two to post, mostly to see what you want to do with Xanna, then I'll move us down the road in the next thread.
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
GM Bennies: 6/9 (-1 EE puppet, -1 EE slumber, -1 EE puppet)
Wild Card Bennies:
CM left: 2/2
CM right: 2/2
NM left: 0/2 (soak, soak, dead)
NM right: 0/2 (soak, soak)
Summoner: 0/2 (unshake, EE FM)
Statheros: 1/2 (reroll resist slumber)

User avatar
Xero X Kelvin
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:11 am

Re: X Marks the Spot, Part 2, Take 2

Post by Xero X Kelvin » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:16 pm

Xero nods to Xanna, "She is going to be a liability."

"The only way she comes is if someone else, not me, is assigned as her baby sitter."

Xero takes the gemstone and nods graciously. It ends up in a pocket.
Xero X Kalvin
Xero X Kalvin Novice Psi-Stalker Chiller
Parry: 4 || Toughness: 4
ISP: 20/20
Combat Edge: None
Bennies: 2/3
Adventure Card(s):
  • Reknown: Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).

User avatar
Gaspard Gillead
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 11:36 pm

Re: X Marks the Spot, Part 2, Take 2

Post by Gaspard Gillead » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:10 am

Once the elf pinpoints the location of the Rift as the location of the Skull, it becomes obvious their course is set. Gaspard turns to Xanna. "Well, our business is right where this started, in any case, so the whole thing's probably related. That said, I think we're all fine with you heading off with these folks to safer ground." Except, perhaps, for the youth with the first fire in his blood, but he will have to learn to deal with disappointment at some point. If she goes back to Refuge, perhaps he can woo her later, assuming any of us survive.

He takes the stone, grateful for the added insurance. "As soon as we pass the border, I think we should agree--no stops for anything until we get there. So if we need to make camp and rest up before then, now's the time to do it."
Gaspard Gillead
Stat Block
D'norr Shifter
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Skills: Spellcasting d12; Knowledge: Arcana d6; Knowledge: Politics d6; Notice d6; Fighting d4; Throwing d4; Investigation d6; Persuasion d4; Streetwise d6
Charisma: +1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 10 (5); Strain: 0; Corruption: 0
Edges: Linguist, Ley Line Phasing/Gate, Dimension Sense, Arcane Awareness, Rift Mastery, Master of Magic, Soul Drain, Rapid Recharge
Hindrances: Code of Honor, Minor Enemy, Quirk: Sweet Tooth, Obvious D-Bee
Bennies: 2/3
PPE: 25/25

Powers: Summon Ally, Det. Arcana, Drain Power Points*, Mind Reading*, Dispel, Bolt, Burrow, Darksight, Farsight
  • Q4/18 Adventure Cards:
    Extra Effort Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.
Proditione (Bound Lesser Demon)
Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d10, Vigor d10
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13 (3) [Demon armor]
Fighting d8; Intimidation d6; Notice d4
Edges: Arcane Resistance, Brawny, Charge, Frenzy
Weapon In Hand: Chain Greatsword (Str+2d10 MD)
1/2-Damage from non-magical attacks
Causes Fear
Immune Poison, Disease, non-magical Fire/Heat/Cold
Hardy
Infravision
Size +2
Weaknesses: Holy, Silver

User avatar
Gill
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Re: X Marks the Spot, Part 2, Take 2

Post by Gill » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:30 pm

Gill does not mind which choice the woman makes as long as it is what is right for her. Looking at the reactions of the others he is unsure of their approach. "Perhaps more humanity is appropriate in the way we speak to our friends Xero?"

Looking at Xana he says. "None here can force you, but if we must confront this evil i think you would be safer with the elven family. This task appears to be some bit of a challenge."

Once that is done he says out loud so the whole group can hear. "I had a vision when I communed with the earth. Much of the meaning is clear, but I felt it would be better to share with you the words that came to mind with the vision in case I am slain and you can act on it."

Finally he says in the manner and cadence of a recital more than casual speech. "THIS CORRUPTION IS SPREADING, and cannot be stayed. IT HAS ALREADY skewed the Balance. THE ORIGINATOR SEEKS ENTRY. HE NEEDS ONLY A WILLING SLAVE TO OPEN THE DOOR. To preserve Balance, the door must remain closed to him.
YOU MUST REMAIN UNCORRUPTED. THERE IS NO RETURN FROM THAT AFFLICTION. Seek the source. Seek the abode where evil thoughts reside. SEND IT TO OBLIVION.
THE DOOR MUST REMAIN CLOSED."
OOC Comments
Ganadril and his protector Curatrix

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0
PPE: 12 of 15
ISP: 10 of 10
Bennies: 4
  • +3 Quarter Begins
    +1 PR
Active Effects:
Greater Deflection
Summoned 6 Fire Elementals

User avatar
Gaspard Gillead
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 11:36 pm

Re: X Marks the Spot, Part 2, Take 2

Post by Gaspard Gillead » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:31 pm

Gaspard listens to Gill's declaration, and nods. "Yeah, we're on the right track, alright." He looks to the departing elves. "Actually, one last question--you said the stones will only work once--does that also meant hat a given person can only benefit from one stone, ever? Or if one of us succumbs early on, can we give them a second stone if it becomes necessary?"
Gaspard Gillead
Stat Block
D'norr Shifter
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Skills: Spellcasting d12; Knowledge: Arcana d6; Knowledge: Politics d6; Notice d6; Fighting d4; Throwing d4; Investigation d6; Persuasion d4; Streetwise d6
Charisma: +1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 10 (5); Strain: 0; Corruption: 0
Edges: Linguist, Ley Line Phasing/Gate, Dimension Sense, Arcane Awareness, Rift Mastery, Master of Magic, Soul Drain, Rapid Recharge
Hindrances: Code of Honor, Minor Enemy, Quirk: Sweet Tooth, Obvious D-Bee
Bennies: 2/3
PPE: 25/25

Powers: Summon Ally, Det. Arcana, Drain Power Points*, Mind Reading*, Dispel, Bolt, Burrow, Darksight, Farsight
  • Q4/18 Adventure Cards:
    Extra Effort Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.
Proditione (Bound Lesser Demon)
Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d10, Vigor d10
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13 (3) [Demon armor]
Fighting d8; Intimidation d6; Notice d4
Edges: Arcane Resistance, Brawny, Charge, Frenzy
Weapon In Hand: Chain Greatsword (Str+2d10 MD)
1/2-Damage from non-magical attacks
Causes Fear
Immune Poison, Disease, non-magical Fire/Heat/Cold
Hardy
Infravision
Size +2
Weaknesses: Holy, Silver

User avatar
Alex
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 6:53 am

Re: X Marks the Spot, Part 2, Take 2

Post by Alex » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:23 pm

Xanna who? This elf chick just half smiled at me. Alex nods every once in a while as other folks are talking but he seems to be staring intensly and with reckless abandon at the teenage elf girl. I wish I knew elvish... How do you say I am in love? Max would tell me actions speaks louder.

He blurts out randomly, ”Don’t worry we got your backs. One blight is about to get cleansed.” Unable to help himself he whispers looking at the teenage elf girl, ” You are breath taking... Uh I love how your eye brows look.”. What the hell! Burn me, eye brows!! Even Libertas would have said something better...
Alex Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d8(2), Smarts d10(2Mars, 1), Spirit d6(1), Strength d4(0) {1d12+4}, Vigor d8+[2]( [d10](1, 1 advance)
Charisma: 2; Pace: 10; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 20(10)[1] MDC; Strain: 0
Combat Edges: Elan, rock and roll, [fearless], [Battle hardened]
Powers Weird Science: Dispel/conceal(15), Blast(15), Dispel(15), smite(15)
Bennies
2/3
+1 post rate
-1 damage
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Damage: By grenade type: plasma 3d10 SBT, 60/120/240, shots 40, rof: 3
Weight: 75
Snapfire, RoF uses one grenade per shot.
Smite Power Attached to it with an Electricity Trapping ( Mega Version is Available as well)
Alex Armor
  • Triax T-31 Super Trooper: Size 1, +10 M.D.C. Armor, +2 Toughness, Strength d12+4, Pace 7.
    Notes: Jet Boosters (Jump 12” horizontal, 6” vertical)
    • „
    • 2 × Rocket Launchers (shoulders). They only fire the F4 Fusion Block missiles (Range 15/30/60, Damage 6d6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT). Each launcher has two missiles
    • „ „ 2×Mounted Rocket Launchers (legs)Left anti-vehicle(4d6 AP11), right normal(5d6 AP6) SBT. 100/200/400, RoF 1, shots 2
      „„
    • 3 × MAE-3 (“Maysies”) Hand Charges. The Maysies are thrown or placed (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, RoF 1, AP 10, Mega Damage, SBT)
      • Fusion Missiles are $3K each. The MAE-3 cost $750.
    • „ „ Vibro-Sword (right arm)
      „„
    • 2 × Laser Torches (each palm). The laser torches can be used in combat (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage

User avatar
Snake Eyes
Game Master
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:16 pm

Re: X Marks the Spot, Part 2, Take 2

Post by Snake Eyes » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:05 pm

Finlorin shakes his head. "The stones are not attuned to you. They are simply objects for your use. You may interchange them as needs dictate. Alas, that we do not have more we can give you."

The elf girl smiles weakly, but offers no other response to the power armor clad boy in love. As the family turns to depart, the keen observer might notice her touching at her forehead.
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
GM Bennies: 6/9 (-1 EE puppet, -1 EE slumber, -1 EE puppet)
Wild Card Bennies:
CM left: 2/2
CM right: 2/2
NM left: 0/2 (soak, soak, dead)
NM right: 0/2 (soak, soak)
Summoner: 0/2 (unshake, EE FM)
Statheros: 1/2 (reroll resist slumber)

User avatar
Missouri
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:39 am

Re: X Marks the Spot, Part 2, Take 2

Post by Missouri » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:25 pm

Missouri didn't reply to Heather verbally but gave a small nod to her words. He took note of the information the elves had to impart. Some of it seemed like very sound advice. His heart went out to the elves and their plight. It sounded horrible. Being unable to heal friends and family, even having to burn their bodies for fear of whatever it might spread? That sounded truly awful

But even in the midst of it, in the back of his mind the wheels were turning. Things sounded like they would be grim the closer they would get to the 'rift'. He was not anxious for evil or his soul to be damaged or corrupted or anything - but he was very curious to see what was going on - and see if they could correct it. If nothing else, he could take some notes and some readings.

What the boy saw, especially, was very interesting. It sounded unnatural - or at least, not native. Missouri took mental notes furiously as he racked his brain for what all might be going on there. The words of caution from the father, however, roll off of Missouri like water off a duck's back. He barely even hears them, and certainly doesn't register them. The gemstone was very intriguing and he accepted that gratefully and said, "Thank you! I'm honored! I'm sure this will come in very handy!" He studied it intensely for a long minute even as he pushed Alex gently back from the elven girl - well, he tried to anyway; moving someone in power armor was kind of hard - as it was getting a little weird. "DOWN, boy! We seriously need to talk about you, proper etiquette, and your hormones."

As he watched the elves leave, he spoke up. "This...sounds familiar, like something I've read before. Something from...no, not that book. What was it?" He snapped his fingers. "Ah ha! Tobin's Spirit Guide! That was it!" He immediately sobered, remembering what he had read and sussed out. "Very dangerous. We need to stop it."

He glanced at Xanna but only for a moment. "Unless seeing a rift of corruption interests you, you should probably head out."
Missouri Smith
Character Summary
D'Norr A.R.E.S. Archaeologist

Special: -2 vs Fear; Can get irritable/impatient during periods of low activity (requires a Spirit Roll or gets -2 Charisma and -1 to Trait rolls)

Active effects: Quickness (with raise so redraw Initiative lower than 8); +2 Pace, +1 die Agility; +2 die Vigor.
TK Machinegun - Serious Problem: The device or gear applies a –2 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 2.

Wounds:

Parry: 7; Toughness: 19(11) (currently 21(11)
Weapons: TK Machinegun; Shard Pistol; TW Energy Whip

Edges: AB Magic, Attractive, Rapid Recharge, Strong Willed, Wizard

Charisma: +3 (-4 w/Coalition)
Bennies: 3

PPE: 29/20
Powers: Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Quickness, Slumber

Adventure Cards:
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Currently playing in: Tomorrow Legion: 12th AAT - The Dirty Dozen

User avatar
Joseph Cook
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:14 pm

Re: X Marks the Spot, Part 2, Take 2

Post by Joseph Cook » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:43 pm

Joseph nods to the elves. "Thank you kindly. Be safe." A man of few words, he now turns his attention back to the mission at hand.

User avatar
Heather Todd
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 4:12 am

Re: X Marks the Spot, Part 2, Take 2

Post by Heather Todd » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:05 am

Federation of Magic
Afternoon
Round 0

Heather gratefully accepted the enchanted stone from Sherlindrea. “Thank you,” she told the elven woman. “Your information is valuable and appreciated, as is this gift.”

Heather agreed with Fundin to camp outside the blight zone for the night. Xanna was less enthused with their plans to continue in the morning.

“Unfortunately, Xanna, our mission lies at the heart of that corruption,” Heather told her, looking up from her computer. “And if we do nothing, this entire ley line and all the land surrounding it, will be corrupted as the blight is being pushed along. If this line intersects with another, then likely the blight could travel there, too. We don’t know what kind of ley line network there might be, or how far it will spread. We need to at least investigate to see if something can be done.”

Heather looked to Xanna. “I understand your hesitation. And it will likely be difficult. You didn’t sign up for this. I was concerned about you wandering alone in the wilderness, but perhaps you could escort the elves to Castle Refuge. Take what weapons you think you need.” Heather punched a few buttons on her field computer and printed out a plastisheet map. “This should help you get to the Castle,” she said, handing Xanna the map. “Good luck, and I hope we see you when we get back.”

***
Character Tracker
Rune-etched stone: Add +2 to a failed Spirit roll to resist the Corruption AFTER the roll is tossed. Alternatively, it may be used to reroll one crit fail roll to resist the Corruption. It is only one single use of either save, not both.
  • Value: the stones have little credit value, but may be used in Techno-Wizard device construction and upgrades, counting for 2,500 credits worth of parts.
Heather Todd Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (6)
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage
Rapid Recharge: 1 ISP/30m
ISP: 30/30
Armor: 10/10 PP
Grenades
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Plasma
  • 4 Fragmentation
Pistol: 20 shots
  • Reloads: 2 x 20 shots
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Card
  • Joker’s Gone Wild: Play this card to swap your initiative card with any Joker drawn for initiative.
Character Tracker
Boost Vigor (from Missouri): +2 die Vigor (d10), Toughness 16 (6), Jazz: +2 Pace (8) and +1 die Agility (d8)(1r)
Greater Deflection: -6 to hit; +6 Armor vs AOE (1r)
Exalted Telekinesis: 1d12+2 (1000 lb); Range 24 (2r)
Rune-etched stones: Add +2 to a failed Spirit roll to resist the Corruption AFTER the roll is tossed. Alternatively, it may be used to reroll one crit fail roll to resist the Corruption. It is only one single use of either save, not both. - Heather used hers. There is a spare somewhere.
  • Value: the stones have little credit value, but may be used in Techno-Wizard device construction and upgrades, counting for 2,500 credits worth of parts.
Heather Todd Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (6)
ISP: 20/30
Armor: 10/10 PP
Bennies: 3/3
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage
Rapid Recharge: 1 ISP/30m
Grenades
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 3 Fragmentation
Pistol: 20/20 shots
  • Reloads: 2 x 20 shots
Adventure Card
  • Boom! Head Shot!: You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.


Loadout
Stealth armor
HE grenade
Plasma grenade
Frag grenades x3
Light blade
Overcoat
Field computer
Rune stone
Shopping List
TW sidearm
Hand scanner
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
AP grenades
EMP grenades

User avatar
Snake Eyes
Game Master
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:16 pm

Re: X Marks the Spot, Part 2, Take 2

Post by Snake Eyes » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:44 pm

Xanna smiles and accepts the map. "Sure, yeah. I'll get 'em there, or at least as far as I can. I guess there's a river between here and there, but I'll do my best." She looks over the map, then shrugs. "Good luck. You're gonna need it, I think."
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
GM Bennies: 6/9 (-1 EE puppet, -1 EE slumber, -1 EE puppet)
Wild Card Bennies:
CM left: 2/2
CM right: 2/2
NM left: 0/2 (soak, soak, dead)
NM right: 0/2 (soak, soak)
Summoner: 0/2 (unshake, EE FM)
Statheros: 1/2 (reroll resist slumber)

Post Reply

Return to “12 AAT Adventure Forum”