8. Intermission

Adventures of the Legion's 32nd Special Exploratory Team.
Post Reply
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 429
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

8. Intermission

Post by Pursuit » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:04 pm

Conditions: The temperature hovers in the mid-80s fahrenheit at the site of the battle, and no ley line is nearby.

Norona: At the mention of the plant, Ed stiffens, all joviality fleeing from his face, and says ”You have found a supply of athen?” Without waiting for a response, he bellows for his assistant to ready the “Wrecker,” tells you to wait a moment, and dashes in the back. You think you can hear a high-pitched coughing, as if from a child, and crying from somewhere inside the shop, and then Ed is back, wiping away a tear and nodding to you. ”No time to waste, then, friend. On one condition: I will take the plant as payment for services rendered. I can haul your vehicles back one at a time; afraid my crew is a bit more bare-bones than usual. But we’ll get you to town in exchange for that plant.”

At the Battle Site:

The aftermath of the battle is a mix of chaos and order, as all such scenes are. Tarlok, though captive, watches his prey carefully for any sign of weakness to exploit. Mortals were always showing weakness when they ought to be consolidating strength. Why, if any of these mortals had half a brain they would…

Jareb wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:11 pm
Jareb drew a dagger seeming made from red transparent rock. The angel looks at Tarlock, ” You will need to find a new mistress. For like the mighty blade of St. Cathrine you will now as then loose something you hold dear.” With a swift motion Jareb slams the blood red dagger into the heart of the aspect. He commands, ”My dagger of binding shall join what goodness you have with me! Let us pray for both our sakes you have some left!”

Jareb cries out as the aspect eye’s go wide and she grips him with a delicate claw right where his heart beats. Gift lets out a cry! Then a flash of black and white lift erupts from the spot of his ritual and the aspect is no more.


Tarlok’s gapes at the disappearance of his Mistress. How?! He can still feel her presence through their bond, but it is distant, fuzzier. While the mortals are distracted by the blinding light left in the wake of the Mistress’s disappearance, his cybernetic eye automatically adjusts and he leaps to his feet, darting toward the wild. He makes it only a step or two before he is met by the butt of Toshiro’s shotgun, which provides just enough impact to put him back on the ground. Today is a weird day.

The cyber-knight looms over Tarlok while the other mortals scramble to work on their vehicles. Tarlok settles in, watching his captors as they work. He is quietly impressed both with the damage his siege breakers caused before their demise and with the mortals’ ability to regroup and make the best of their situation. He notes their lack of a proper watch while they work and files the information away for future use. They’re too relaxed after a battle; next time, we will save the surprise for after the fight. With a simple score of warriors, I could wipe these vermin off this plane forever.

As the party works diligently on the vehicles with a mix of magic, skill and brawn, Tarlok makes his own plans, until the Cyber-Knight returns. Tarlok sneers at Kuikku. Cyber-Knights. Such fearsome warriors in combat, but such soft prey the rest of the time. Their so-called “honor” weakens them, hamstrings their ability to do what is truly necessary, and is always their undoing. Tarlok is just ruminating on the Cyber-Knights he has killed in past encounters, when Kuikku begins to speak.

Kuikku wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:01 pm
Notice 4
Notice = Invalid dice code!
Wild = Invalid dice code!

Kuikku looks at the anthill business as everyone goes to work. He then looks down at Tarlok. "I guess I should have made sure we had a way of sending you back before we started on the important things. From what Jareb has said about losing your mistress this may be more of a sympathy anyhow."


Tarlok almost laughs in Kuikku’s face, even though Tarlok can see the blades descending. Typical. I find the one Cyber-Knight on this plane without a weak stomach. He finds himself coming very quickly to respect Kuikku, even as the psi-swords close in. This is how you handle a fallen foe. This is a death fit for a demon. And then the blades are on his neck, white hot with psionic energy, and Tarlok’s time runs out.

Transgression
Kuikku’s execution of Tarlok will be treated as a transgression, per the Cyber-Knight IF and the description of “Code of Honor.” If, in Kuikku’s next post, Robert narrates a good reason why it should be a minor transgression, we will treat it as minor. Otherwise, it will be a major transgression (but not a mortal transgression).


Norona Returns

Norona returns the better part of five hours later leading a gargantuan, eight-wheeled vehicle that looks like a cross between a semi-truck and an APC, with Ed at the wheel. The bed of the truck is segmented to allow it to fit in spaces its girth would normally not allow, and it features a large winch and hook for lifting and towing.

Ed hops out, surveys the scene, and gives a low whistle. ”That elf wasn’t kidding.” Ed leaves it up to Norona to make introductions, and he quickly begins assessing which vehicle is in the worst shape.

Mountaineer Status
After five hours, one wound repaired; vehicle has 3 wounds remaining.
Mark IX Status
After five hours, two wounds repaired; vehicle has 2 wounds remaining.


What Next?

It is full dark when Norona, Ed and the “Wrecker” return. Write up an interlude describing your character’s actions over the next few hours or the next few days; the timing is up to you. To get you started, here are some possible ideas:
  • Helping with the vehicles, getting them back to town, or repairing them once there.
  • Selling loot from the battle. Please include a Streetwise roll at -2 (to account for Avanzada Seca being a smaller town) in your post if you go this route, as well as a Persuasion roll if you want to haggle the price up.
  • Looking for more athen plants. Please include a Survival roll in your post. The roll is at -6 if done near town, -4 if done more than 2 hours away, at -2 if done between 2 and 4 hours away, and with no penalty if done more than 4 hours away. If you choose to narrate your character going away from town, draw a card for every hour from town you travel. If you draw a club, narrate a complication that leaves your hero with a Wound (which you may Soak as normal). If you draw a Joker, add +2 to your Survival roll and quadruple the amount of plant you find.
  • Researching the Jungle Castle. Streetwise, Investigation, or other appropriate skills are allowed.
  • Or, make up something else entirely!

    Everyone in the party gets a Benny, which can carry over into next quarter (this is the Browns Benny I gave out on Hangouts after the Browns won a game for the first time in almost two years). In addition, everyone who completes their interlude will get +1 XP and either an additional Benny (which can carry over into next quarter) or an additional Adventure Card draw next quarter (your choice).

User avatar
Sierra Mackenzie
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Sierra Mackenzie » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:50 am

Dinosaur Swamp/Village of Avanzada Seca
Next few days
Round 0

Sierra looked around the small village when they arrived. “Damn. Talk about Podunkville,” the city girl muttered. “So we setting up camp while we’re here? Can’t really sleep in the vehicles while they have holes in them.”

“We don’t have an inn, but you are welcome to stay in our homes,” a young man Sierra’s age said as he approached.

Sierra looked him over. Damn, country boys were hot!

“Sounds like a plan,” Sierra said with a pretty smile. “Got room for me at your place?”

The young man returned the smile. “I’m sure I could find room. I’m Lincoln,” he introduced, offering his hand.

“Sierra,” she said, taking the hand, thankful she had let off some heat on the trip here.

“Do you have the sickness?” Lincoln asked. “You feel like you have a fever.”

“Nah, just naturally warm,” Sierra said. “Do you like tequila and weed?”

Lincoln grinned. “I don’t have tequila, but I have my own still. And I have a small garden behind my place.” He gave her a wink.

“I think I’m in love…”

***

Over the next few days, Sierra asked around town about somewhere they could sell their loot. Turned out Lincoln was the unofficial Black Market rep in town. He figured he could get a good price for the old Brodkil gear. Seeing credit signs in her vision, Sierra threw in a little extra...horizontal persuasion to convince him to up the price he was willing to pay.

Streetwise to sell loot 11; Raise
-2 difficulty
Streetwise 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 11: 5
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Persuasion 9; Raise
Persuasion 1d6+4 = 9: 5
Wild 1d6+4 = 6: 2
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 7
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 8, ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
ISP: 20/20
Bennies: 6/3
Adventure Card
  • That’s Crazy Talk, Mister: Play this card to cause all non-wild card enemies suffer a -2 MAP as they stop to listen to your jabbering for one round.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Norona » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:52 pm

Greater Healing, 9
Channelling 1d10 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4

Extra Effort: 1d6 = 4: 4
Hearing the sound of a child coughing, and seeing Ed’s obvious concern at obtaining some of the plant - he called it athen - Norona pauses a moment. “Your child is afflicted with the illness?”

Instinctively, the half-elf is moved to sorrow. “I am far from the Ascended but they sometimes hear my pleas and send assistance to this world. May I give a blessing to your child?”

Already stiffened from the promise of athen, Ed looks wary and concerned. “Look buddy, I just need the athen okay, not some hokey miracle cure.”

Never one to impose Norona nods, “Very well. You are welcome to as much athen as you require. Whether you assist us or not.”

Once back at the group, Norona does his best to help hitch up the vehicles but isn’t much help. In addition to his meager technical skills he is preoccupied by the sick child - and the many other sick in the community. He recalls what Ma’arlys said of the disease, painful sores that lead to death. At least two people have died. It would seem a terrible misfortune if a child were to die too.

When the group returns, Norona hands over a supply of athen to Ed but the town doctor is already at the shop to meet him, “She’s taken a turn for the worse Ed, there may not be much we can do. Even with the athen.”

Frustrated, and crushed, Ed begins to sob loudly while the doctor consoles him. “First her mother, and now here. Curse this disease. And curse this town.”

Gently, Norona looks at Ed. “I know you do not wish for me to ask for favours from the Ascended, but I feel it would be a grave injustice on my part not to try.”

Tears streaming down his cheeks Ed just shrugs, while the doctor chides Norona, “Please don’t get the man’s hopes up. He’s been through enough.”

Giving a somber nod, Norona heads into Ed’s little house. It smells musty like the doors have been closed for some time and the place is in need of fresh air. Used pots and rags are piled up on the makeshift counter...many used poultices of athen leaves are in a heap near a wood burning stove. A dim light shines from beneath a door at the back of the shack. Pressing it open gently Norona looks in to see a small girl lying on a bed. Her body is covered in terrible sores, some banadaged, some open. She starts and coughs weakly when Norona enters.

“Worry not little one. I wish to help.”

Kneeling at the side of the bed he appeals to Shanais, the spirit mother, “Mother, you created the world, the moons, and all beings within it and sustain them by your spirit. I humbly ask that you extend this same benefice to these strange lands where I find myself a sojourner. May my presence in this world be a conduit for your spirit of healing and of life.”

As he speaks, Norona’s hands begin to glow illuminating the small dank room with a soft, holy light. Nearby, Ed and the doctor stand in the doorway both amazed and terrified at what might be happening to the little girl. A fresh breeze blows through the house, banishing the sickly small, and the light passes over the girl causing her wounds to bind leaving no marks or scars. She opens her eyes and smiles brightly, leaping from the bed and running to hug Ed.

Looking at the doctor, Norona gives a tired smile. “Please bring me the most ill.”

--

After exhausting his own spiritual reserves, Norona pulls a cloth wrapped item out of his pack and picks it up gently, calling forth a mythical being. In a few moments, the whinny of a horse can be heard as a unicorn trots into the middle of town. Looking at the creature and smiling, Norona speaks to him in the voice of the creator, “Hello again friend. Last time we met you were able to heal one of my companions. Could I beg of your kindness once more to help deal with the ill of this small village.”

Stomping on the ground to signal his agreement, Norona leads more of the ill to the unicorn to place their hands upon his healing horn. Between the two healers the most grievously ill are healed the first day, and after some time to recuperate more can be assisted.

After the last are cured Norona is exhausted and seeks to commune with nature. “We stopped the illness,” he says to Zoffa as they walk through the forest alone. “However, we still do not know the cause. The illness may return unless we find the source.”

Coming upon a clearing, Norona sits down and rests in the warmth. Not bothering to use his magic to fend of its effects. With Zoffa keeping guard, he begins to offer thanks to the Ascended for helping the town, and beg them for one more favour.

“Spirits of light. Show me the source of this scourge so we may extinguish it forever.”
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Deezy Klatta » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:54 pm

In the aftermath of that battle, with both vehicles ALL torn up, Deezy has no shortage of things to do! Even after getting them both 'sort of' driving again, those jury-rigs won't stand up in a fight. The pitted, ablated armor has to be stripped off, the damaged structural cages have to be repaired...heck, most of the APC's front end had to be practically rebuilt from hitting all those huge demons! Electronics had overloaded and blown, seats needed reupholstering...about the only thing you could say hadn't gone wrong was that the reactor shielding hadn't been breached and that the cup-holders were still able to hold cups!

Which was nice. Repairing was thirsty work.

By this time the crew knew the drill. Deezy would vanish for hours at a time into the guts of the ATV or ATV. During that time flickering lights, buzzing electrical noises, occasional laughter or swearing...and sometimes weirder noises like strange squawks or beeping or hollow, ephemeral sighs...would emanate from the vehicle. After awhile Deezy would emerge, smeared with grease and other mechanical gunk, goggles askew, tank-top all bunched up, and then she'd go get something to eat and bring it back to the vehicle and disappear again. Sometimes she'd be outside in her mechanic's armor, welding and patching. Other times she had to take it off so she could squirm into weird, tight spaces and conduits to get at those hard-to-reach spots.

There was no talking to Deezy when she was working. Even Conrad or Jameson or whoever else was babysitting the vehicles barely merited distracted grunts as she worked. This was a different Deezy than the distractible, scattershot girl she usually was. When fixing things she got focused...as laserlike as the welding torch built into her armor's arm.

There was, perhaps, a case to be made for more balance in one's life...but the results of Deezy's lack of balance had a potent rebuttal to that case.

Repair: 1d10+6 = 8: 2 or 1d6+6 = 7: 1
Last edited by Deezy Klatta on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000

User avatar
Tyraxas
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 am

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Tyraxas » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:48 pm

Unskilled Survival
Tyraxas goes looking for plants - unskilled Survival attempt, 5 hours away, includes 5 card draws
1d4-2 = 1: 3

Benny EE with prior - success
1d6+1 = 4: 3

WD Survival
1d6-2 = -1: 1

Card scheme:
  • 1 - Clubs
    2 - Diamonds
    3 - Hearts
    4 - Spades
5d4 = 11: 4, 1, 2, 3, 1
Mistake: drew for suit, didn't include possibility for Joker. Correcting the draw here:
Card scheme:
  • 1-13 (Ace Clubs through King Clubs)
    14-26 (Ace Diamonds through King Diamonds)
    28-40 (Ace Hearts through King Hearts)
    41-52 (Ace Spades through King Spades)
    53-54 (Jokers)
1d54 = 43: 43
1d54 = 51: 51
1d54 = 28: 28
1d54 = 6: 6
1d54 = 28: 28

Sustained 1 wound. Will allow draconic regeneration to fix it.
Tyraxas, satisfied that the vehicles will make it back to town, advises the group of his intentions. "I am uniquely equipped to survive anything this swamp can throw at me. I will scour the far-flung areas to find this plant that will save people. I shall return once my search bears fruit." He takes a good look at the plants they have, then without waiting to see if anyone dares to try to convince a dragon to change its plan, launches himself into the air. He spends quite a bit of time simply gaining distance from the town, knowing they've picked the nearby area clean.
He makes a line straight south, veering ever so slightly east, until he comes upon a particularly thick patch of greenery on the edge of a murky pool. He circles once, ensuring there are no nearby denizens of the swamp that may object to his rooting around. Satisfied, he lands, then begins scouring the area. Before too long, he finds his size to be a liability. He opts to shift into a far more fragile (human) form, though still clad in Dead Boy armor.
30 minutes of searching yields a worthwhile crop of athen. He removes the gloves of his armor to begin collecting the plants, but forgets his surroundings. A massive alligator reminds him of his situation by lunging at him from the bog, clamping down on his arm, nearly severing it. He shouts in pain as his blood begins pouring from the gaping hole in his arm. "Fool! You dare attack the great Tyrax...A POX ON THIS FRAIL FORM!" In an instant, the reptile finds his tasty morsel has turned into a gargantuan feast. A feast he's incapable of finishing. In a rage, Tyraxas pulls the gator from his finger and prepares to tear it in two.
A look into the cold eyes of the beast softens the burning anger of the dragon. The creature writhes in Tyraxas' mighty hand. Norona would not end such a creature simply for doing what it exists to do. I have intruded on its home, plucking flora and scaring away its likely prey. For a moment, Tyraxas examines the creature - a powerful one in its own right, but nothing more than a nuisance to a dragon. "You, creature, shall live. The only creature who has ever tasted the incomparable flesh and blood of Tyraxas, son of Blackwell. If you could speak, you would tell your children of this moment. You bit your better and lived to tell the tale. Many are those who would not be able to tell such a story of you. Go. Be the king of all you survey." He gently tosses the gator back into the pond, scoops up the discarded bits of armor and his bounty of athen, and launches back into the air to reach the town. Norona and Kuikku would be proud of me. I wonder if my father would've been, too.
The wound, taken as a human, still leaks draconic blood, but already shows signs of regeneration.
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Bennies: 4 (+1 quarter bonus, -1 EE T-Rex QC, +1 joker)
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 8 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 34 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 15 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Pertinent Edges: Quick
Adventure Cards:
  • Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details

User avatar
Toshiro 'Cybermonk'
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:24 am

I know a guy rolls - all successes
Streetwise for I know a guy (-2 unskilled, -2 smalltown)
Streetwise 1d4-4 = 0: 4
Ace! 1d4 = 1: 1
EE with Elan: 1d6+3 = 8: 5 +2 for charisma = 10
Wild 1d6-4 = 0: 4

Persuasion for Connections (+2 for Charisma):
Persuasion 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Most people think it would be nearly impossibly to get information out of people when you don't speak. Most people would be wrong.

By the time they get the vehicles hauled to town and safely tucked away in the garage, it is already too late to do anything productive, so Toshiro takes the a room offered by the mechanics for the night and gets some rest. He sleeps late into the morning and spends the daylight hours of the next day perusing the town, checking out the sights and shops, as few as there are at least. In such a small town, he knows it's unlikely that they have a decent cyber doc, but he searches for one anyway, not having much to do until the sun goes down.

When night does fall, Toshiro heads to the only bar in town to get some work done. His efforts during the day to make his presence known pay off, and the bar is pretty busy with everyone wanting to find out who the newcomers are. As with every small town he's ever visited, there are plenty of girls who see him as their one way ticket out of a backwater village, and are more than willing to look past a few cybernetic upgrades in order to finally escape from under the thumb of their parents. Toshiro's "strong and silent" type only adds to allure. He pulls out all of the normal parlor tricks that his cybernetics allow, and ends behind the bar, pouring drinks without taking eyes off a pretty brunette and flipping bottles and effortlessly catching them behind his back.

After an hour or so, every guy in the bar is fuming, ready to prove that this outsider isn't half of what he's pretending to be. Toshiro's silence at their jibes only egg them on. The first guy to throw a punch breaks his hand on Toshiro's built in armor plating, and the rest realize that it wont be proven through a brawl. After that, most get the idea to outdrink the fellow as proof of their superior manliness. Toshiro smiles as what he knew was the inevitable result of his visit to the bar unfolds. He makes sure his nano repair system is turn on and functioning well enough to filter most of the alcohol, and accepts every challenge the townsfolk offer.

By the time the bar closes, more than one villager needs to be carried out. Toshiro, sporting a light buzz, feels like he knows every little secret in the town. The combination of heavy inebriation and uncomfortable silence caused the info to flow almost as fast as the booze. Toshiro winks at the bartender as she hops on her hovercycle and then turns to head back to his rooms. His jovial smile drops instantly, transforming Toshiro from a friendly stranger to man on a mission.

I can't believe Ricardo is still hanging around this swamp.

The next morning Toshiro heads straight for the south eastern corner of town. Its the only mildly affluent section of the settlement, and as he approaches Ricardo's house, the jungle seems to retreat from the property. The air is cooler and the plants growing have a cultivated feel to it. But unlike the grove where they stayed a few nights ago, there is something wrong about the area. Like a foul odor on the air, the place seems tainted somehow. Otherwise, the house is expansive and well decorated

He's done well with that fortune he made off of me..

The last time Toshiro was in the Dinosaur Swamp, their caravan had been attacked by a pair of Spinosaurus. They had wounded the dinosaurs and caused them to flee, but many of their caravan had been badly injured, and -3- of his vehicle were damaged beyond drivability. Toshiro had been forced to offload all of his inventory in order to pay for the repairs, and had to do it at a massive discount. Ricardo had bought those supplies, and clearly made a huge profit on the transaction.

"Toshiro?!??! Is that you? Ricardo, says, greeting Toshiro as he enters into the parlor where Ricardo rests on a particularly plush couch. Come in, Come in! Have a seat. Ricardo says, gesturing toward the couch across from him. "Please tell me you've come to do more business eh?"

Toshiro picks the firmest looking chair and sits down, shaking his head.

"Then what brings you hear my boy?"

Toshiro frowns, pointing at Ricardo.

"What, you don't speak? What happened to the young man I couldn't get to stop flirting with my daughter?"

Toshiro shakes his head again, drawing an imaginary zip across lips. Instead he points toward Ricardo, mimes handing over a a gift to someone then points to Toshiro.

"Oy vey, I've always hated charades. So what, you need me to give you something? What is that?"

Toshiro leans forward and taps on the side of Ricardo's head.

"Ah, you need need information. Well now, that I may have to spare. What do you need to know"

Toshiro grabs a piece of paper and hastily draws the rough outline of a castle. When he holds it up, Ricardos smile fades, as does some of his color.

"The jungle castle? Why in the devil would you want to know about that. They only thing you need to know is to stay the hell away from it. And I'm afraid that's all I have to say"

Toshiro stare Ricardo in the eye, holding his gaze for a few seconds. He spreads his hands wide indicating all of the trappings of wealth; Bright vivid tapestries, colorful vibrant rugs, a ginormous chandelier. Then he returns his gaze to Ricardo and draw his hand back in to rest on his own chest. The message is clear. "All this, you have because of me".

Ricardo looks down into his drink, fear battling with his better qualities. Despite being one who builds and enjoys his wealth, Ricardo is not a bad man.

"Okay, I'll tell you what I know. But you didn't hear it from me..."
Last edited by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' on Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OOC Comments

Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3;

Parry: 6
Toughness: 21(12 MDC)
Active Effects Chips: +1 DT Survival, +1 DT Shooting

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Improved Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan


Bennies: 3/3
+1 for Schwarma!


Aventure Cards:

In the Zone
- Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene

Last Stand
- Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

Edit Signature

User avatar
Jareb
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Jareb » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:10 pm

ADENTURE CARD TEAMWORK PLAYED: +4 to a trait roll for adjacent allies and player whom played
kn History: 15
Using kn history: 1d8+4 = 5: 1 wild 1d6+4 = 10: 6 Ace 1d6 = 1: 1 EF with Elan 1d6+2 = 4: 2
How Jareb found Disney Afterdark... A sorrid tale of the history of the castle disney before and after the coming of the rifts. Was a haven for humanity or a denzien of darkness..? Only Pursuit will tell!

The town was smaller than I remember but Avanzada Seca Still had the right curves where it counted. 1st hour I was there I drank like the demon Tarlock used to be. 1 glass raised high, 2 glasses, 3 glasses and so on. I think I owed the propieter something feirce and it wasn’t the first time nor the last I suspect. Serria might have been there, maybe not. All I know was there was a red head that consoled me in the only way imaginable.

2nd hour I just walked arround aimlessly and sideways trying to avoid the gracklegirl that I had done wrong so many years ago. I litterally stole gift out of her arms and I am sure that is not a slight she will forget.

3rd hour I went back to the bar to get Gift and repay the propietor with what I had for lunch. It was a nice green color that matched the flatware he had for the bar. He handed me the mop and I think it dropped pretty fast, in peices. I didn’t have much creds... 300 to be exact but I left it for the barman hopefully he can get a super tech mop someday. At least I had Gift and her wild eyes looked at me with something I have never quite got used to seeing.

4th hour was fun time with my weapons. I had my blade handed down by the father of Charlemagne into the hands of Joan of Arc herself... How Tarlock had it I’ll never know now. Thanks Kuikku! My ancient bow of lightning, a gift from Bor for my part during the campaign of Svartalfheim. I could feel it crackle at my side ready to be unslung at a moment’s notice. My two pistols dangled in their holsters begging to be drawn. Common Avanzada Seca show me your tired and depraved undercarriage. Like any self respecting lady it all went down at the library.

5th hour was ill timed and I found myself come full circle... The single room two table library that seemed to find itself in places like these beckoned like a four legged pig... A pig foul, ethereal, and of my doing...


Jareb wrentched his guts on the side of the building. The trail of bodies it took for him to get from the bar to here could be counted on less than one five fingered hand. Nevertheless a stench ripe and old as soiled pants grew near him. Gift giggled and Jareb sighed looking at her while a sliver of throwup still dripping rolled down the angle’s face. It was clear he had not the contitution for something else foul but when did the megaverse ever listen to the unspoken cries the the celestial’s 13th general.

From the cracks in the old library building a shadow stepped forth there in the alleyway. Whispers of black ink swirled arround Jareb before taking form in a shadowy ill illuminated countance that resembled Jareb itself. The shadow Jareb whispered, ” You know me?” Perhaps it was not until that moment that Jareb himself did not truly recognize the voice.

Shocked and shaking his head in sobering disbelief, ” My son? Am I responsible for the darkness that plagues this swamp? How?” Even as he said how, deep inside he knew... His 13 years under the enthralling gaze of the aspect had born something dark that had festered and grew unfettered in this swamp... Perhaps not wholly from him but like the coming of the rifts the angel had played his part.

The shadow laughed and its grating voice spat ” Now your friends killed her, killed Tarlock. She was all that held me back. Go back before it is too late.”

Jareb eyes grew wide. The creature, his son, did not know its mother still lived. Jareb drew his blade of St. Cathrine but was knocked from his hand by its counter part a dark two handed blade: deathbringer! The creature laughed and chorttled as Jareb’s blade hit the ground, ”Pathetic father, you will never find what you look for without her.”

Gift giggled at the shadow and her loving laughter had the most unusual effect... The shadow disapated with a horrible screech! Jareb reached back and ruffled gifts curly blonde baby hair. ” A first rate mechanic and now laughter that can banish... Amazing. Hmm... Could he have been more transparent? Something in the library beyond my sight but not that of a demon? “

The sixth hour held my gaze as her slender pink form went from shelf to shelf tantalizing my ever breath. She plucked from space between here and hell pages of a book long hidden and normally made for mortals eyes. With a whisper of delight she left me, but did not leave me empty handed. Four towering liters of something called Mountain Dew and a blue plastic wrapped box of Oreos. Plus an infernal codex and a note written in the demon hand, Teamwork. Indeed I invited all that were willing to take part in the invigorating feast and help decipher the codex: Dinsey Afterdark
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8 (d10), Vigor d8, -2 to be hit from range via improved dodge.
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0,PPE:20/9
Combat edges:
  • Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
  • Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
    Natural Leader: Can share bennies with those under his command,
Active Powers and other bonuses: Improved Trademark Weapon (St Cathrine’s Blade), Improved Dodge (-2 to hit from Range)
[/list]
Bennies
6/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 shwarma

User avatar
Kuikku
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Kuikku » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:18 pm

Conrad's words cut deeper than Kuikku lets on. Kuikku knows that every reason he gave was more than valid, but were they reason enough? With the vehicles down they had no way to secure Tarlok and everyone was distracted enough that he could have done anything. And even if he did not cause trouble here and just got away we had told him where we were headed, the damage he could have done there is immeasurable. At about this time the party arrives at said town. The desperation is palpable as they try to fight off this strange affliction. Norona's skills are sufficient to save the worst but the suffering is still there. I could not risk these civilians on the chance Tarlok escaped.

Over the next few days Kuikku helps out where he can but it is somewhat obvious that his thoughts are elsewhere. We still don't have a solid reason for the demon attack in the first place, other than they are evil. Perhaps they were trying to stop our investigation into this cult and the darkness. I think I may have reacted to rashly in dispatching Tarlok. I did not ask for the leadership position but I need to be more careful in my decisions.

As the team finishes up repairs and preparation Kuikku notices that when Conrad looks at him it is with a certain level of disgust. There must be something I can do to set things right. We are heading into an extremely dangerous, and unknown, situation and the team needs to be at its best.
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC

User avatar
Conrad
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Conrad » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:31 am

Conrad spent the next few hours repairing his ATV in silence, whilst most of the group congregated around the APC. Considering his mood, working alone suited Conrad; We are part of the Tomorrow Legion, we are supposed to be better than what had been before.

Jameson kept glancing over her shoulder at the ATV, making sure Conrad didn't do anything stupid. She liked the big Grackle and the atmosphere you could cut with a knife. Kuikku's behaviour bothered her as well; murdering prisoners was something that her former superiors had impressed that the evil Dbees and magic users were want to do. Conrad's reaction at least reassured her that this was an aberration; after all, they had spared her despite being a Coalition soldier. However, if something like this was not dealt with then it would fester.


As Norona returned with the tow vehicle, Conrad kicked the ATV.
"I can get my gal moving, but the engine block sounds ropey Chummer. Safer to tow her."

In town, Conrad maintained his distance from Kuikku; the reaction of the others or lack of it spoke volumes. Repairing his ride and helping out around town kept him out of trouble and from dealing with the others. Deezy was almost oblivious to what was going on, but he did not allow her to work on his ATV.

Annoyed at this, Jameson insisted on heading out to search for more Athen, but she was not going out alone. She insisted on dragging Conrad out with her, making him bring his new armour.

Travel 4 hours out - 1 club
OOC Comments
1d54 = 7: 7 hearts
1d54 = 14: 14hearts
1d54 = 4: 4 hearts
1d54 = 32: 32 7C
Survival assist 4
OOC Comments
1d4 = 3: 3
1d6 = 4: 4
Jameson Survival 6 including bonus from Conrad
OOC Comments
1d6+2 = 3: 1
1d6+2 = 5: 3
As the two of them traipsed through the swamp, Conrad swatted at the flies.
“This isn’t exactly my forte chummer,” Conrad complained, swatting away a fly that was bugging him. Most likely it couldn’t penetrate the armour, but who knew in this place.
“We’re now in a swamp,” Jameson replied, concentrating more on searching for the plant they needed than the Grackle’s complaining, “you want to survive out here, you need more training. Can’t be reliant on Norona all the time.”
Conrad sighed, but continued to help. As they scoured the area for more Athen, Conrad was impressed by Jameson’s abilities; so far, he’d seen her as just the driver, but obviously there was more to her bow than that. Sierra and Deezy had taken her under their wing, but he needed to break the ice a bit more. Heck, none of them really knew much about her.
“So what did you used to do?” he asked politely, trying to start up a conversation, “back before… you joined us.”
“You mean back when I was still a soldier and not a vampire’s puppet plaything,” Jameson responded, trying not to think about it. What had happened before still affected her, after all it had only been a few days since she had been rescued and she still had the scars physically and mentally to show for it
“I was a forward observer, trained to scout ahead, find ambush points or call in reinforcements. Give me a comm system and I will get ahold of anybody in reason.”
“You see much action?”
“Some, patrols and occasional raid. If you mean Tolkeen, my unit never got called in. Never saw the …” she stopped for a second; obviously the CS had proclaimed it a stunning and glorious victory over the evils of Tolkeen, but nowadays she wasn’t so sure. “I never fought on that front. Yourself? You have the look of somebody who served that the others don’t have.”
“Yeah, I fought,” Conrad wished he hadn’t opened this particular door, “right from the beginning through the Sorcerers’ Revenge and when Tolkeen fell to a sneak action.” Conrad sounded less angry, more sorrowful when he spoke.
“Was it as bad as they say?” She meant to clarify which bit she meant, but Conrad’s own mindset filled in the blanks for her.
“The Revenge? As bad as you think. It epitomised the best and the worst and showed me what we had become and what we should not be again. Its …” he sighed, remembering, “why I am so angry at Kuikku. We smashed through, driving them before us. The Cyber Knights, they were split. Some of them held to their ideals, stopping some of the worst, showing what we could be, but they were small oasis’s compared to some. I saw some fall from grace, happily cutting down prisoners like they were chaff. When Kuikku killed that brodkil, I saw those knights and what they became. If he goes that way, I will put him down. The Legion … it cannot become like what Tolkeen became. It’s too important. We have to find another way! ”

Jameson had heard what the others had said what the Legion stood for, but Conrad she realised felt it; that it resonated with him.
“Then stop him from falling down that path

"Wait, do you see that?"

In the near distance, they could see a patch of Athen

WIP



A few hours later, Conrad and Jameson trudged back into town, both looking somewhat worse for wear, but clutching a bag. Seeing Norona, he handed over a bag full of Athen.
"We found a patch out there. Hopefully be of some help."

"Jameson," he called after the former soldier, "thank you, for everything out there."

She nodded back at him, as the big Grackle headed to where Kuikku was staying. He hammered a couple of knocks on Kuikku's door

“We need to talk!”

User avatar
Kuikku
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Kuikku » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:49 pm

Conrad wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:31 am
He hammered a couple of knocks on Kuikku's door

“We need to talk!”
Kuikku is in his room meditating when there is pounding on his door. For just an instant he considers pretending he is not in. He then realizes that whatever is going to happen it is better here in town than in the jungle. He opens the door and looks Conrad strait in the eyes. ”Before you say anything I want to tell you that you were right. I did not think things all the way through and reacted in frustration. I'm sorry.”
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Norona » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:10 pm

Team Check In
Exhausted after a marathon session of healing and rejuvenation, Norona has little appetite for company. However, he knows the team has been through a lot lately and there was much to be discussed. In his brief contacts with the group he had heard bits and pieces of what had happened to the prisoners and the dead after his departure. Rather than get worked up he seeks out Conrad (@Corrigon) and tries to work out a gameplan, "I have heard things did not go smoothly while I came to town for a tow. While the Legion is not an army, and you and I certainly not officers, it may be wise to set some parameters for our members regarding the treatment of prisoners, bodies, and other practical matters. If the Legion is to be a beacon of hope, we must act in ways the are above reproach."

After Conrad has his say the elf nods, "Perhaps we can bring everyone together for a meal and conversation."
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Conrad
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Conrad » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:05 pm

Just as Conrad starts making his way to Kuikku's room, Norona intercepts him
Norona wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:10 pm
Rather than get worked up he seeks out Conrad (@Corrigon) and tries to work out a gameplan, "I have heard things did not go smoothly while I came to town for a tow. While the Legion is not an army, and you and I certainly not officers, it may be wise to set some parameters for our members regarding the treatment of prisoners, bodies, and other practical matters. If the Legion is to be a beacon of hope, we must act in ways the are above reproach."

"Damn right," Conrad looks more subdued than normal, as he looks to where Kuikku is, "but being at war with ourselves merely damns our mission to failure and gets us all killed." He looks towards the garage, "I swore to uphold the ideals of the Legion, but I have older oaths to friends to protect as well. Right now, we are acting no better than a rabid bunch of mercs. We are supposed to be heroes."
Kuikku wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:49 pm
He opens the door and looks Conrad strait in the eyes. ”Before you say anything I want to tell you that you were right. I did not think things all the way through and reacted in frustration. I'm sorry.”
Conrad sighs
"I know you weren't involved in the war. You may have heard stories, but I've seen what happens when Cyber Knights ... when they become what they once fought against.

Some former members of your order are trying to redeem themselves, but others are little more murderers, fallen so far from the ideals that it is hard to believe what they once were. Tolkeen almost destroyed your order. I thought better of you than that, but you are not gone like those. I will not let another fall if I can help it."

User avatar
Kuikku
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Kuikku » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:01 pm

Conrad wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:05 pm
Conrad sighs
"I know you weren't involved in the war. You may have heard stories, but I've seen what happens when Cyber Knights ... when they become what they once fought against.

Some former members of your order are trying to redeem themselves, but others are little more murderers, fallen so far from the ideals that it is hard to believe what they once were. Tolkeen almost destroyed your order. I thought better of you than that, but you are not gone like those. I will not let another fall if I can help it."
Kuikku has difficulty looking the Grackeltooth in the eye. "No, I was still in training when Tolkeen fell. I have heard the stories though. We..." He glances over to where he was meditating. "I appreciate your concern. I want to be better than some of the things I have heard and really did not think about my actions. I understand that even the smallest thing can become the first step though. I hope you will continue to point out when you feel I may be getting too close to that line. And for my part I will try to remain open to constructive criticism." Kuikku then extends a hand hoping Conrad will shake it and not do something more extreme.
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Norona » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:35 pm

Keeping a respectful distance, Norona watches the exchange between Kuikku and Conrad. They both handled themselves well, a good sign for the future of the group. No doubt there will be more mistakes, and more lessons learned, as long as each one is a step forward that is most important. Catching up with the big Grackle, Norona persists in his unity building exercise, "Well done. Shall we plan for a team meal tomorrow then?"
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Jareb
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Jareb » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:30 pm

Norona wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:35 pm
Keeping a respectful distance, Norona watches the exchange between Kuikku and Conrad. They both handled themselves well, a good sign for the future of the group. No doubt there will be more mistakes, and more lessons learned, as long as each one is a step forward that is most important. Catching up with the big Grackle, Norona persists in his unity building exercise, "Well done. Shall we plan for a team meal tomorrow then?"
Jareb spies his two comrades and flaps down to them. His wings seem a bit less wet than normal and his bundled charge is sleeping peacefully. He nods briefly, ” Sorry, I was busy changing this ones diapers and you would not belive the lengths you have to go to to find pampers out here. Almost had to sell Jameson's vehicle.” He winks at the two men laughing like he was half joking, ”Anyways did I hear something about a meal? I know this little Shwarma shop nearby.”
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8 (d10), Vigor d8, -2 to be hit from range via improved dodge.
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0,PPE:20/9
Combat edges:
  • Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
  • Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
    Natural Leader: Can share bennies with those under his command,
Active Powers and other bonuses: Improved Trademark Weapon (St Cathrine’s Blade), Improved Dodge (-2 to hit from Range)
[/list]
Bennies
6/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 shwarma

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 429
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Pursuit » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:56 pm

The Sickness

Ed’s eyes fill with tears and, with surprising speed for a man of his girth, he grabs Norona and wraps him in a bear hug that would’ve made a kodiak proud. Between sobs, the man says, “anything, I mean anything you need, you tell me. You understand? You come straight to me, Norona. This makes you family” Ed looks Norona in the eyes and smiles, “and we take care of family.”

Once the vehicles are safely back to Avanzada Seca, Ed provides you with space in which to work and access to all of his tools and garage crew whenever you need them, which provide a cumulative +2 bonus to all Repair rolls made at Ed’s. He also gives you enough parts to fully repair one Wound on the Mountaineer for free and any other parts you may need going forward at cost (i.e., no markup).

Word of Norona’s healing exploits travels quickly, and it is not long before the entire town is abuzz with anticipation. Norona’s fame only grows when a unicorn appears at his call, and the town brings the ill to the two healers, one a sylvan ranger and the other a creature of legend, until the worst of the stricken are made well.

Even magical healing cannot cure an entire populace quickly, and many of those in the early stages of illness are forced to wait. The Post Commander (what passes for a Mayor) quickly and quietly arranges a system for organizing the people into groups, keeping the population from turning into a mob at the prospect of relief. Of great aid to her efforts are Tyr, Conrad and Jameson, all of whom return with ample amounts of the Athen plant for distribution to the people (with Tyr earning the nickname “The Athen Dragon”).

Because of the team’s efforts at healing the populace, everyone in the group gains a +2 to Charisma when dealing with most people of Avanzada Seca.

Now that you have spent some time in town, everyone in the party must make a Spirit roll to resist the odd illness (Toshiro may add his Arcane Resistance bonus to the roll). If you fail, gain 1 level of Fatigue that does not go away. The Athen plant can be used to temporarily soothe the effects, with one portion of plant providing relief from the Fatigue for up to 1d10 hours. Greater healing completely removes it from the body, but does not necessarily prevent it from coming back later (though anyone who is cured by magical means gains a +1 to resist the illness).
Anyone who makes a K/Arcana roll, read this
The illness is clearly magical in nature. Shocker!
Anyone who makes a Survival roll, read this
There are not as many critters around town as you would expect. Maybe the area has been heavily hunted and trapped? Hmmmmm.
The Loot

Sierra’s techniques of persuasion, while not new, are certainly effective.

Lincoln is entirely unfazed by the state of the salvage; he’s clearly seen second-hand cybernetics before and understands the grisly details that go into preparing such things for sale.

“Most of this stuff is in pretty good shape, some scorch marks aside,” he tells her. “Give me a couple of days to check with some of my buyers, and I’ll let you know what I can find.”

True to his word, two days later, he pulls Sierra aside for a chat. “Listen, I think you’re going to like what I’ve got for you. I have two buyers lined up. The first wants everything and anything that even looks like traditional ordinance. He’ll take the rifles, the swords, they cybernetics, you name it. There’s a merc company passing through a few days out, and they apparently had themselves some losses and are looking to restock. It’s an unusual circumstance, and they’re paying top dollar. Minus a small finder’s fee, of course, you guys are going to walk away from this with a nice chunk of change in your pockets.”

The party collects 368,000 credits. You also keep one jetpack, which has the same stats as the Falcon 300 jetpack on page 104 of the TLPG. Thank’s to Sierra’s high rolling, you got 25% of the book value of all the gear you sold, as broken down in the OOC tag below. I rolled for how many of some items were salvageable, and the dice bounced in your favor.
Loot Calculations
Brodkil
  • Vibro-swords (11,000) (x10) = 110,000
  • NG-L5 (16,000) (x10) = 160,000
  • Bionic Strength (9,000) (x8) = 72,000
  • Core Electronics (22,000) (x1) = 22,000
  • Optics package (60,000) (x4) = 240,000
  • Armor plating (40,000) (x4) = 160,000
  • Cyber leg enhancements (30,000) (x4) = 120,000
  • Jetpack (400,000) (x1) = 400,000
  • Total: 884,000 without jetpack; 1,284,000 with jetpack
  • Payout (25%): 221,000 without jetpack; 321,000 with jetpack

Tarlok
  • Heavy plasma ejector (80,000) (x1)
  • L-20 Pulse Laser Rifle (25,000) (x1)
  • Armor Plating (40,000) (x3)
  • Extra Arms (250,000) (x1)
  • Optics Package (60,000) (x1)
  • Targeting Eye (12,000) (x1)
  • Core Electronics (22,000) (x1)
  • Built-In Chain Sword (21,000) (x1)
  • Total: 590,000
  • Payout (25%): 147,500


Lincoln licks his lips, like he might be a little nervous. “Now, um, the second buyer is a bit more special. Their identity is strictly confidential, so I can’t even tell you who it is, but they want that weird demon armor with the glowing tentacles, giant bullet holes and all. Sierra, they will pay you a million credits for it, and that’s not an expression. Not ‘like’ a million credits, or ‘close to’ a million credits. A million credits. I don’t even get a commission on that one; this buyer has a longstanding relationship with the market, and he pays us differently than most. You say the word, and you are a rich woman, today.”

The Siege Breaker Armor turned out to be a wearable suit, and the demon inside of it was roughly human sized and shaped. Being magical demon armor, Norona and Jareb both get a queasy feeling any time they are near it, but the rest of you don’t notice anything particularly special about it other than that it’s designed to be scary looking. The party has a decision to make, here: do you sell the Siege Breaker Armor to the mysterious buyer, do you keep it for one of the party to wear, or do find a way to destroy it?
Anyone who uses detect Arcana or makes a Knowledge Arcana check at -2, look here
The armor is enchanted, not TW, so it does not require an AB to use.
Anyone who uses greater detect Arcana or makes a Knowledge Arcana check at -4, look here
The armor also bears the faint aura of evil. Being made and worn by a demon, how could it not? There doesn’t seem to be anything mechanical in play (i.e., it doesn’t appear to be actively cursed).

The Vehicles

Thanks to Ed’s generosity, the party is able to fix another wound on the Mountaineer without needing to spend any of their hard-earned cash on it. With that and the field repairs, both the Mountaineer and the Mark IX are down to one wound apiece.

If the party wants to fully repair both, it will require 100,000 credits worth of parts total, thanks to Ed’s discount. If the party wants to repair only one or the other, it will require 50,000 credits worth of parts.


The Town

The town does everything it can to help you feel like you’re at home, and even clears out a previously abandoned facility right next to Ed’s for the party to use as it wishes; a sort of “home base,” if you want it.
Town Upgrades
This is a work in progress and I will get a map up when I am able, but you will have the option of making Avanzada Seca into a base of operations for the party. This will be similar to how Lodges work in Rippers Resurrected, for those who are familiar. I am still working out the mechanics, but you will be able to upgrade your HQ and the town itself with points earned as you advance the story. Ed’s garage giving you a +2 to Repair rolls, for example, is based on the Garage modifier in the Rippers Resurrected Player’s Handbook.

The Castle

Jareb and Toshiro learn quite a bit about the way forward… which will follow in a separate GM post once you have had the chance to digest the above and I have a bit more time to write. For planning purposes, though, know that the vehicles will not be able to make it all of the way there (absent some crazy plan on your part I haven’t thought of) due to terrain. Part of the route involves wilds that are too thick to pass through, and part of it will require crossing water. The hazards along the way will include wildlife and sentient bad guys alike, and there are rumors of more vampires lurking about. All told, the journey should take you approximately 3d6 = 10: 3, 5, 2 days of travel, longer if you don’t use the vehicles at all. And remember, you have a Grackle contact in town who knows the way, should you want to make use of her.

Good Job

Thanks for keeping things going while I was on hiatus. Anyone who posted in the shawarma thread gets +1 Benny for the quarter.

For Kuikku, his execution of Tarlok will count as a minor transgression, which can be removed by making a selfless act.

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 429
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Pursuit » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:29 pm

For Clarity on the Loot:

Once you decide how to split the party's loot, you may spend said loot in town. The local merchants stock most of what you would find in the TLPG.

If Deezy or Conrad wants to spend some time making or converting devices, just post your rolls and narration. This is your down time to work with, so work away.

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Norona » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:17 pm

K/Arcana (at -4) 7, success
1d8-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Ace 1d6 = 3: 3
-4 penalty offset by +2 bonus from Scholar: Net -2
Weary from the many healings Norona looks aghast at the demonic armor, "It is born from evil from evil purposes. I fear corruption for the wearer, and worse from someone who would pay so much to acquire it. I elect we forgo the wealth and find a way to destroy it, or send it to the bottom of a deep swamp. If it will lessen the blow, I offer my share of the salvage to any who do not agree with this course of action."
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Kuikku
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Kuikku » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:59 pm

"I am unsure if selling the armor is a good idea. Whoever is wanting it that bad may not have good intentions, specially if they don't want us to know who they are. Not sure if dropping it in a swamp is the best answer either though. Sierra, you burn a lot of stuff up, can you do anything with it?

Spirit Pass
Spirit: 1d10 = 5: 5
Wild: 1d5 = 3: 3
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC

User avatar
Toshiro 'Cybermonk'
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:52 am

Spirit 9, Survival 4
Resist Sickness (+4 from arcane resistance)
Spirit 1d10+4 = 8: 4
Wild 1d6+4 = 9: 5

Survival for info on sickness (+1DT chip, +2 Woodsman?)
Survival 1d10+2 = 6: 4
Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Toshiro's eyebrows raise when he learns of the million credit offer on the armor worn by their recently defeated foes. It's immediately followed by a frown though, as he considers the implications of an anonymous buyer that would offer such a price AND refuse to to meet them.

He concurs with the group when they discuss selling the armor. However, when they discuss destroying the armor, Toshiro holds up a hand to halt the conversation and give himself an opportunity to interject.

He makes a point of removing all of his weapons, handing them to various members of the group, and even removes the insert of his cybernetic eye (though this is places on a clean cloth he sets on a nearby table).

Free of any weapons, he gestures towards the armor, and mimes putting it on. After all, Toshiro knows he is the least dangerous of group, and likely has the best chance of resisting any magical or psychic corruption from the armor.

There is no sense in destroying something just because someone will pay a lot for it...
OOC Comments

Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3;

Parry: 6
Toughness: 21(12 MDC)
Active Effects Chips: +1 DT Survival, +1 DT Shooting

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Improved Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan


Bennies: 3/3
+1 for Schwarma!


Aventure Cards:

In the Zone
- Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene

Last Stand
- Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

Edit Signature

User avatar
Tyraxas
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 am

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Tyraxas » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:26 am

Tyraxas' inspections
Spirit
1d8 = 8: 8

WD Spirit
1d6 = 5: 5

Kn: Arcana
1d6 = 2: 2

WD KA
1d6 = 4: 4

Survival - unskilled
1d4-2 = 0: 2

WD Survival
1d6-2 = 1: 3

Exalted Detect Arcana - appropriate deductions taken from this number
1d8 = 2: 2

WD EDA
1d6 = 1: 1

Benny reroll EDA with Elan
1d8+2 = 3: 1

WD EDA
1d6+2 = 7: 5
The disease, despite having a magical component, cannot take hold of the "Athen Dragon." He moves about town, interacting with the populace, heedless of danger to himself.
His opinion of the spoils is one of utility. "I believe, in our future maneuverings, should I not be able to remain in my mighty form, this weapon will be of some utility." He gestures to the plasma ejector. "I am willing to accept a lesser share of the spoils in exchange." Assuming no one argues with the dragon, he shifts to his human form, takes the weapon, then returns to his normal shape, absorbing the weapon into himself. As he looks over the rest of the loot, he nods his head towards the armor. "The armor is enchanted, though I detect no taint of evil on it as Norona has. Still, we may wish to determine the extent of the foul force attached to it. If it is meager, allowing Toshiro to wear it, or selling it on the open market, are both reasonable options."
Tyraxas
Tyraxas
Bennies: 4 (+1 quarter bonus, -1 EE T-Rex QC, +1 joker)
Current Status: Dragon form
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
PPE: 8 / 20
ISP: 0 / 0
Active Effects: None
Parry: 5
Toughness: 34 (16) MDC in dragon form
Toughness: 15 (6) in human form with deadboy armor and duster
Pertinent Edges: Quick
Adventure Cards:
  • Arcane Inspiration: When playing this card, a character with any sort of Arcane Background can either use one of his powers as a free action or use a power he doesn’t have.
Edit Signature
Dragon Breed Details

User avatar
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Deezy Klatta » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:58 pm

"But you guys! A MILLION credits! Look, if whoever buys it does something BAD with it, we can just hunt them down and KILL them!" Deezy protests. "Do you have any idea what I could do with a MILLION credits?! That'd be enough to get started on TGMB!"

She slapped her forehead.

"Look. Look. The buyer said he'd take it as is. So what if we...changed it a bit? Maybe burned the evil out or something? Then we could claim, 'hey that's battle damage and you said you wanted it 'with bullet holes' and...'"

Trailing off into silence, the inventor abandoned that tack and just said, "We take the money, and use it to gear up so that when we inevitable face the armor again, we're ready. I can take credits and spin them into things you can't even imagine. BELIEVE IT!"

As if to emphasize her words, she then slapped the captured jetpack and started lugging it off to the garage so she could get started on that. A lot of work to do, and a lot of parts to buy!
Rolls: Spirit 10, Build roll for jetpack: 8 (raise), 2 days of work
Spirit! 1d6 = 6: 6 or 1d6 = 2: 2
Aced 1d6 = 4: 4

Cost to TW convert a Falcon 300 jetpack is 40,000credits
Takes 2d6 = 2: 1, 1 days of work
Build roll: 1d12 = 8: 8 or 1d6 = 5: 5 not sure if Machine Maestro applies; if so add 2.

Holy cow, 2 days...the minimum...and got a raise so a free minor upgrade! Gonna give it 5PPE usable to charge the jetpack so it won't automatically munch on Deezy's own PPE.

Assuming this plus repairs don't occupy all of Deezy's time, she'll happily work on other folks' stuff too!
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000

User avatar
Kuikku
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Kuikku » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:31 pm

Kuikku looks back and forth between Toshiro and Tyr. When Deezy strides away he shrugs. Activating his Cyber Armor and taking a two handed grip on his Psy Sword he turns towards Toshiro. "Ok, put it on. But be aware I will not be holding back."
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 429
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Pursuit » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:37 pm

GM Mini Update

It takes @Toshiro 'Cybermonk' some time to get the armor on, and it stinks inside. Once its on him and the helmet is in place, the armor powers up and a magical HUD with figures Toshiro doesn’t recognize pops up in front of his working eye.

The strength of the armor is incredible, and he feels as if he could leap a mountain from a standstill.

He doesn’t feel or notice anything out of the ordinary.

User avatar
Toshiro 'Cybermonk'
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:13 pm

Toshiro is a little shocked by the initial rush of power that the suit provides. It must have registered on his face because the rest of the legion also tenses up when the armor activates.

Toshiro holds his hands up in the classic sign of non-aggression. He spins slowly a couple times just to reassure everyone that he isn't hiding anything. He certainly doesn't want to be shot down because of a sudden motion.

When someone eventually asks how he feels he gives the tumbs up. He taps the side of his head at the temple, then points at the center of his chest. He holds both arms up and flexes his biceps. He finds the largest object in sight and points to it miming lifting it over his head. If he gets the ok from Kuikku, he does so, demonstrating the awesome power of the suit. Then, getting on his face, Toshiro squats and launches himself as high as he can into the air.

Though tempted to test the integrity of the armor, he decides it's best not to do it with him in it. Done experiencing the armor, Toshiro takes it off and drops it on the ground in front of Kuikku.

Toshiro holds up his hands, rubbing his thumb and first two fingers together of one while pointing to the armor with the other. He shakes his head back and forth vigorously. Then he mimes donning the armor again, then holds out both hands like a scale, raising them up and down in turn, eventually stopping with both hands level. He then shrugs his shoulders and drops his hands. He picks up his weapons and reinserts his eye.

He listens to the rest of the others until the conversation on the armor is finished, not giving any further opinion other than to describe how it felt with the armor.

When the conversation is done, he turns heads towards Lincoln's residence.

Toshiro had some business of his own he'd like the black market fence to arrange for him...
OOC Comments

Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3;

Parry: 6
Toughness: 21(12 MDC)
Active Effects Chips: +1 DT Survival, +1 DT Shooting

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Improved Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan


Bennies: 3/3
+1 for Schwarma!


Aventure Cards:

In the Zone
- Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene

Last Stand
- Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

Edit Signature

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 429
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Pursuit » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:52 am

GM Mini Update

To clarify, @Toshiro 'Cybermonk' did not feel any more out of the ordinary than he would have in any mundane power armor. He still would’ve felt out of place operating it without Power Armor jock.

Great job on this thread so far!

User avatar
Jareb
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Jareb » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:54 am

Deezy Klatta wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:58 pm
"But you guys! A MILLION credits! Look, if whoever buys it does something BAD with it, we can just hunt them down and KILL them!" Deezy protests. "Do you have any idea what I could do with a MILLION credits?! That'd be enough to get started on TGMB!"

She slapped her forehead.

"Look. Look. The buyer said he'd take it as is. So what if we...changed it a bit? Maybe burned the evil out or something? Then we could claim, 'hey that's battle damage and you said you wanted it 'with bullet holes' and...'"

Trailing off into silence, the inventor abandoned that tack and just said, "We take the money, and use it to gear up so that when we inevitable face the armor again, we're ready. I can take credits and spin them into things you can't even imagine. BELIEVE IT!"

As if to emphasize her words, she then slapped the captured jetpack and started lugging it off to the garage so she could get started on that. A lot of work to do, and a lot of parts to buy!
Rolls: Spirit 10, Build roll for jetpack: 8 (raise), 2 days of work
Spirit! Original post: 1d6 = 6: 6 or Original post: 1d6 = 2: 2
Aced Original post: 1d6 = 4: 4

Cost to TW convert a Falcon 300 jetpack is 40,000credits
Takes Original post: 2d6 = 2: 1, 1 days of work
Build roll: Original post: 1d12 = 8: 8 or Original post: 1d6 = 5: 5 not sure if Machine Maestro applies; if so add 2.

Holy cow, 2 days...the minimum...and got a raise so a free minor upgrade! Gonna give it 5PPE usable to charge the jetpack so it won't automatically munch on Deezy's own PPE.

Assuming this plus repairs don't occupy all of Deezy's time, she'll happily work on other folks' stuff too!
Jareb looks at the armor at Kukkui’s feet and at Deezy walking away, ”We should sell it... Evil, not evil... It does not matter. Dystroy do not dystroy it does not matter. There will always be evil no matter our course of action. Maybe the buyer uses the armor and comits acts of wanton destruction, maybe the armor stands in their parlor a silient menacing gaurdian for all time.” Jareb looks at his baby cooing at him in his hands. A bit more to himself he mutters, ” Maybe, the children of Tarlock use that armor to exact their revenge...”

He shakes his feathers and looks at Kukkui, ” Maybe... Armor doesn’t kill people or lay waste to villages such as this. Evil will do what it is meant to do. What I know is that not selling it hurts her.” Jareb points to Deezy, ” For that reason alone we should sell it.”

He looks off into the distance for a moment, ” Changing the subject from creds, I was able to locate some kind of Castle. A fair bet it may be or something in it is affecting the swamp. The tarrain seems to be even more precarious than what a typical all terrain vehicle can manage. A several day journey if we take the vehicles as far as they can go. Weeks if we make the entire trek on foot.” He sighs and Gift laughs, ” Aannd... I beleive the Grackle woman in town... Knows the way.” Jareb seemed rather uncomfortable divulging the last bit.
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8 (d10), Vigor d8, -2 to be hit from range via improved dodge.
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0,PPE:20/9
Combat edges:
  • Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
  • Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
    Natural Leader: Can share bennies with those under his command,
Active Powers and other bonuses: Improved Trademark Weapon (St Cathrine’s Blade), Improved Dodge (-2 to hit from Range)
[/list]
Bennies
6/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 shwarma

User avatar
Sierra Mackenzie
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Sierra Mackenzie » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:13 am

Dinosaur Swamp/Village of Avanzada Seca
Next few days
Round 0

Sierra’s eyes light up when Lincoln tells her just how many credits they are going to get for all the gear they got off of the brodkil. She had never seen so many zeros in her life! This was totally worth hacking apart over a dozen dead demons to yank out cyber!

“Remind me to totally repay you,” Sierra said with a smirk, taking a sip of the moonshine Lincoln so generously provided.

Sierra nearly fainted at the idea of a fucking million credits! Okay, so the armor was enchanted and evil. Big deal.

“I am going to make you a very happy man, Lincoln,” Sierra purred seductively. “Sell it all! Armor, too. Though I think Deezy wants one of the jet packs, so we better keep one of those. Can I get those credits on individual credsticks? I totally want to roll around naked in them.”

Somehow, though, the others find out about the deals. Sierra scowled as she was forced to start dividing spoils. Tyraxas wanted the plasma ejector. Sierra figured that was okay. But they wanted to destroy the armor! She wanted to cry.

“I’m with Deezy on this,” Sierra said. “Like, do you know how much a million credits is? A million! I don’t even know how many zeros that is! That’s like more than a billion!”

Sierra never was that good at math.

They decide to let Toshiro try the armor on, and Sierra crosses her arms and pouts.

But then Sierra gets an idea. “Well, if you want me to take it out into the swamp and burn it, I will,” she promised.
Destroying the armor
If the vote is to have Sierra destroy the armor, she will take it out into the swamp and get in contact with Lincoln. They will make the exchange there and Sierra will hand over the armor and pocket the million credits herself personally without telling the party.
Everything Burns
1d10 = 4: 4
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 6: 1, 5 rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.
Gear
Sierra’s pack is in the car.
Party Loot
1,300,000 Cr
Resist disease 14
Spirit 1d8 = 8: 8
Ace 1d8+8 = 14: 6
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
K. Arcana 3
K. Arcana 1d4-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Survival 3
Survival 1d4 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
K. Arcana on demon armor #
K. Arcana 1d4-4 = 0: 4
Ace 1d4 = 4: 4
Ace 1d4+4 = 7: 3
Wild 1d6-4 = -2: 2
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 7
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 8, ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
ISP: 20/20
Bennies: 6/3
Adventure Card
  • That’s Crazy Talk, Mister: Play this card to cause all non-wild card enemies suffer a -2 MAP as they stop to listen to your jabbering for one round.
  • Better You Than Me: Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 429
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 8. Intermission

Post by Pursuit » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:47 am

GM OOC Update

Please go to the following link and vote on what your character would like to do with the Siege Breaker armor.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3181

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled gaming!

Post Reply

Return to “32nd SET Adventure Forum”