Prelude Opportunity

Post Reply
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Prelude Opportunity

Post by Stoic » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:25 pm

On one of the lower levels of Center, there is a building. It looks like most others but the astute professionals of the Sovereign noticed that it is anything but ordinary. Confirming this, they are contacted by a mysterious party asking them to acquire something from this building. The building is a very private bank that holds and secures valuables for the ultra-wealthy. Its location is due to the fact that it generally is in the business of hiding things that the wealthy would not be comfortable publicly owning. The benefactor promises to pay each member of the groups 100,000 credits and to let them keep the haul. Everything except for a locked briefcase which they must promise not to open.


So...how do you get it? This is a dramatic task which requires 5 successes and is done at a -4. Anyone who posts in here, successful or not, will get 1 xp and an additionally benny. The design of the building and it's guards are entirely up to you. Feel free to use any skill you would like as long as it makes sense. If an exception amount of successes are gained (20) , a special reward will be unlocked. This is a prelude, so no rush. I would like to have it finished by the end of the quarter, but since we are starting late that isn't set in stone. Have fun, describe how badass your character is, etc.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Ducky
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:19 am

Re: Prelude Opportunity

Post by Ducky » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:10 pm

last night was rough, rougher than most... The dream that haunts me a gift from the forge left me wanting a good nights sleep. I am glad we got a job. Sounds like someone needs our help and I love helping people. I would honestly do it for free, but free doesn’t keep our ship aloft, and doesn’t put food into our bellys. Last thing I was is us settling to the level of those idiots aboard the Thunder Duck. Ducky puts down the briefing pad clearly unable to read it fortunately it has an audio playback function. ”Looks like some needs our help. They didn’t ask for the Persuit, Remorsless, or Thunder Duck. They asked for the crew of the Soverign. We are a good crew, a crew that stands for something and that isn’t afraid of helping the little guy. Lets go to work.”

Notice 9
Notice with alertness 1d6-2 = 4: 6 ace 1d6: 5 wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Four four armed gaurds, level A hires, competent, well armed and tough as all get out. The megaversal legions best. I saw them all and I noticed their shift change was poorly executed right at 1pm sharp. Enough time, 3 minutes for us to use their own precision clock work against them. Not exactly a smash grab op, but that is why we went in as a team. Wait for the shift change and go!
Ducky Stat Block
Charisma: 2 or -4; Pace: 8[16]; Parry: 11; Toughness: 24(10) MDC; Strain: 0
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note: Champion +2 toughness vs super natural evil, Courage under fire ( if she leads from the front 50% chance of avoiding wounds dealt)

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 for bad dreams
-1 benny for EF
+1 Benny for good rp

User avatar
Sera
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Prelude Opportunity

Post by Sera » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:31 am

"So what IS the plan? Distraction? Get them to just let us in? I could pose as a person of wealth." Sera asks the other members of the crew.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 5
  • Quick: When dealt a 5 or lower, may discard and redraw until gets a card higher then 5.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Test of Wills attacks.
  • Steady Hands: ignore Unstable platform penalty when firing while riding in a moving vehicle. actions while running penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Construct
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Sera suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Halo
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 5* ; Toughness: 5
*: Halo is a small robot, size -2. attackers subtract 2 from any attack rolls directed at him.
  • Ace: May Spend Bennies to make Soak Rolls for vehicles or vessels they control. This is a Boating, Driving, or Piloting roll at -2 (cancelling their usual +2). Each success and raise negates a wound and any critical hit that would have resulted from it.
  • Combat Ace: Integrating vehicle operation with weapon control in one fluid moment of expertise, the pilot with this Edge ignores the multi-action penalty for making a Boating, Driving, or Piloting check and firing a weapon on the same round.
  • Construct:
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Halo suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ducky
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:19 am

Re: Prelude Opportunity

Post by Ducky » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:16 pm

Sera wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:31 am
"So what IS the plan? Distraction? Get them to just let us in? I could pose as a person of wealth." Sera asks the other members of the crew.
Ducky turns to Sera. She smiles gently, ”Sounds like a great idea, havimg someone on the inside works for me. Keep in radio comtact and let us know the layout. Then provide maybe a little dramatic distraction while we go in through the back.”
Ducky Stat Block
Charisma: 2 or -4; Pace: 8[16]; Parry: 11; Toughness: 24(10) MDC; Strain: 0
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note: Champion +2 toughness vs super natural evil, Courage under fire ( if she leads from the front 50% chance of avoiding wounds dealt)

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 for bad dreams
-1 benny for EF
+1 Benny for good rp

User avatar
Que
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:22 pm

Re: Prelude Opportunity

Post by Que » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:30 am

As the situation was waited on for Que those three minutes may as well have been three months. With only the slightest of efforts he wrapped his Quantum field around Ducky and took her with him moving at a nice walk right past the sensors and everything else trapped in time. While he did not have the ability to teleport through the vault because of the phase fields he knew that Sera's plan of going in as a client and getting it opened would do the trick.

The strange thing was in the couple weeks of relative experience in quantum state he and ducky had to look through the rest of the building the whole thing looked bland. No high end tech, no mages, or psychics suddenly twitching. It was as if they were robbing a accounting office or something. Heck they even had a guy running through books, of course Que put salt in his coffee, that one is always funny.

Getting to the vault Que was started to see that it was still locked. "Crap, we need to move forward in boring time, but stay hidden in a Quantum field. Sorry Ducky, but this will hurt you a little bit and be very confusing for both of us." Then moving over out of the way so they could watch the wall still Que relaxed his power instead folding it outward as a bubble around them making it near impossible for anyone to see them in the bubble or them to see out. They could not make out what Sera did to get the vault open or her interactions on the way in. But they could see when the vault was open and that was when he took the opportunity to act.

With a flip and spin not even another Quantum being could perceive Que was able to slide in, grab the cases and slide out. The movements all so fast and perfectly executed you would have thought an Tri-Galactic Gymnast was at work. Of course, one was...
9, two successes
Agility Tricks 1d10+4, -4 for scene = d10
Agility 1d10: 1
Wild Die 1d10: 2

Benny to Reroll that near travesty! (This is a wash as benny was gained in this scene)
Agility 1d10: 9
Wild Die 1d6: 5

Okay we need one more from Sera to succeed.

User avatar
Sera
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Prelude Opportunity

Post by Sera » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:15 pm

Part One, dressing the part: Streetwise: 7 Common Knowledge: 6 Persuasion: 12
part one
Streetwise +1 for undercover
Streetwise +2 for trying to disguise herself. (this was for a common knowledge role in trying to disguise herself. not applicable her.
Dramatic Task -4
total bonus: -3
Streetwise 1d8-1 = 4: 5 Note this is -2 from the role
Wild 1d6-1 = 4: 5 Note this is -2 from the role
Benny for EE 1d6: 5

Common Knowledge +2
Dramatic Task -4
total bonus: -2
Common Knowledge 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Benny for EE 1d6: 3

Persuasion +6 from charisma
persuasion +2 from politic HJ
persuasion +1 from undercover
dramatic task -4
total bonus: +5
Persuasion 1d12+5 = 6: 1
Wild 1d6+5 = 9: 4
Benny to reroll
Persuasion 1d12+5 = 12: 7
Wild 1d6+5 = 8: 3
Sera uses her streetwise to find a local clothing store to get the clothing to disguise herself as a wealthy person who would have something to put in this bank. She asks around and finds the best shop for what she is looking for.

Arriving at the shop, she walks in looking like she has money to spend. She tries on a few outfits but seems to be having some trouble determining what is best. She asks the clerk for some help letting them know what she is looking for. The clerk helps her find an outfit that will work for her. Sera really butters up the clerk that is helping her as well, putter her good looks and her charisma to work. She convinces the clerk at the store that she just wants to use them for a little bit and will bring them right back. Dressed for success, she pays the rental fee and heads for the "bank."

Part Two, the bank: Persuasion: 12
persuasion +6 from charisma
persuasion +2 from politic HJ
persuasion +1 from undercover
Dramatic Task -4
total bonus: +5
Persuasion 1d12+5 = 12: 7
Wild 1d6+5 = 7: 2
Once she arrives at the bank, she walks looking like someone who has something valuable she wants stored in a "safe" place. She takes a quick look around and spots the person she needs to talk to. The new account manager. She walks up to this person looking like she is worth millions of credits.

"I want... no.. need... no.. I must store my most valuable possession in your vault. I hear this is the most secure place in all of phase world. That is of course from those that need to know that, of course."

The male account manager, who is stunned that this absolute ten just walked up and started talking to him out of the blue, says, "Well... um... yes. yes yes we can store your most valuable item in our vault." He tries to recompose himself but he is up against Sera's charismatic personality as well. At a lost for words he falls like putty in her hands as he asks, "Would.. would you like to see the vault first?" Finally getting some composure back, "I assure you it is the best there is." He leads Sera to the vault, telling her about the facilities.

Finally at the vault, he opens it for her to see inside.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 5
  • Quick: When dealt a 5 or lower, may discard and redraw until gets a card higher then 5.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Test of Wills attacks.
  • Steady Hands: ignore Unstable platform penalty when firing while riding in a moving vehicle. actions while running penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Construct
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Sera suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Halo
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 5* ; Toughness: 5
*: Halo is a small robot, size -2. attackers subtract 2 from any attack rolls directed at him.
  • Ace: May Spend Bennies to make Soak Rolls for vehicles or vessels they control. This is a Boating, Driving, or Piloting roll at -2 (cancelling their usual +2). Each success and raise negates a wound and any critical hit that would have resulted from it.
  • Combat Ace: Integrating vehicle operation with weapon control in one fluid moment of expertise, the pilot with this Edge ignores the multi-action penalty for making a Boating, Driving, or Piloting check and firing a weapon on the same round.
  • Construct:
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Halo suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Edit Signature

User avatar
Dorian Falstaff
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:25 pm

Re: Prelude Opportunity

Post by Dorian Falstaff » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:08 pm

Hacking the Bank 5 success's
Modifiers; Task Penalty -4, field comp lvl 2 +2, +2 vs security, +2 TW bonus. Net +2
Knoledge (Computers) 1d10+2 = 5: 3
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Ace 1d6+8 = 13: 5 Bennine for EE 1d6+13 = 19: 6 Ace! 1d6+19 = 20: 1
"Mr. Givens please observe our surroundings while I shut down the alarms. Hopefully before these oafs set them all off." Having tracked the banks pirated net connection it was easy work to track it back and slice the IC like butter. Stationed in a nearby alley for the hack Dorian was concerned there were additional outdoor security that had gone unnoticed and he was not wrong. A network of cameras surrounded the building but he soon had any that might catch sight of the teams approach showing a loop of inactivity.

"As you wish Lord Director, scanning." Replied the robotic servant as he searched the area for threats.
Notice 1 success
Modifiers; scene -4, audio/video mods +4, net 0
Notice 1d8: 5 bennie for EE 1d6+5 = 6: 1
Wild 1d6: 1
"It appears some drones have been activated My Lord."

"Ah yes, there's the alert. There, returned them to their docks." He continues shutting down sensors, deleting camera footage of Serra, and when the team gets to the vaults he pops more than the target box. He pops all he can.
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 5/17(9) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards
  • #: Card - Effect
Edit Signature

User avatar
Vrothuss
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Re: Prelude Opportunity

Post by Vrothuss » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:57 pm

Having taken much longer than the rest of the crew, Vrothuss finally steps into the picture. His seemingly unkept appearance is certainly out of place in such a fancy and well to do environment.

The Benefactor knows something about Loanea. This job thenextract the information.

"Exit ready. Second floor. Third door on the right from the elevator."

Vrothuss leans against the wall and waits and begins analyzing the rift

Rift Particulars _
  • Rift Category 1d12+4 = 10: 6 - Periodic Rift
  • Rift Type 1d20+4 = 22: 18 - Ethereal
  • Rift Condition 1d20+4 = 24: 20 - Transparent
  • Rift Size 1d6+4 = 8: 4 - Large (1,000 foot long Tunnel)
  • Rift Duration 1d8+4 = 9: 5 - 2d12 hours
    • Duration in Hours 2d12: 2, 11 - [13 hours]
    • Time Remaining 1d13: 11
  • Rift Switch Rate 1d12+4 = 10: 6 - Disregard
  • Deviation 1d8+4 = 12: 8 - Disregard
Truelly an oddity.

Vrothuss checks on some features.

Notice 5 _
  • Notice 1d10: 5
  • Wild 1d6: 3
This room is truely designed to house this Rift. the spirits from the otherside seem to leave this access alone.

Wonder if others use this Rift to gain access here without going through security?

"Hope no one fears ghosts and spirits. Our exit goes through the Astral and Ethereal Realms"
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss
Novice Gemini Demon Ley Line Walker/Temporal Wizard
Parry: 2 || Toughness: 5
PPE: 20/20
Combat Edge: None
Bennies: 4/3

Adventure Card(s):
Edit Signature

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Prelude Opportunity

Post by Stoic » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:27 pm

The bank is no match for the crew of the Sovereign. They not only get the intended deposit box, but also easily crack open a few more. The entire crew gets an additional 100 k (200k total) and after they turn in the loot they were hired to get, they pulled a small seamless black rectangle, the size of a hardcover book. It is heavily secured, but Dorian cracks the code with ease once they return to base. The case opens open and Dorian feels his heart lurch in his chest once he sees the contents. He reaches in and pulls out a small megadamage slide, heavily polished to allow a microscope to examine it's contents. But Dorian does not need a microscope, for he immediately knows what is on the slide, and the other dozen slides in the container: It's a sliver of an Altress's brain. Dorian had always heard rumors that people would create these in an attempt to piece together the mystery of the forge.
OOC Comments
Everyone gets 200k and a Benny. Give me a K/Science roll and you can glean some information from the assembled slides that gives your group more insight into the mystery of the forge (+2 to common knowledge rolls pertaining to knowledge of the forge. Alternately, you can take K/Cosmic Forge at a D4 for free, but you do not get the bonus)
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Dorian Falstaff
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:25 pm

Re: Prelude Opportunity

Post by Dorian Falstaff » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:24 pm

Item proposal: Altess Data Codex
A miniaturized supercomputer designed to gather information on alien languages and cultures as well as nearly any activity, skill, or trade one might encounter and relay some of that knowledge to the bearer. It's primary method of doing this is by sweeping local data networks and broadcasts. The device communicates information to the owner thru nano telepathy, they effectively know everything the Codex does.
Base Item: Computer, Field: A rugged operational version, capable of withstanding the shocks and jarring of running around and trying not to die in a Mega-Damage world. Decks like this are graded I to IV, and the grade represents a bonus to any Knowledge (Computers) or Lockpicking rolls when in an opposed roll situation.(2 lb, 28,000) The bonus also applies to any Investigation rolls for recalling history or related research. Retrapped as a pendant that communicates and implants data in the bearer via nanotelepathy (See Altess evicerator)
Veteran teir, 6 points. Total cost: 88,000
Super Skill 1 lvl 1 pt, 1 die to Knowledge Computers
Gifted 2 pts
Speak Languages 1 pt read 1 pt
Broadcast 2 pts,
Limitation -1 pt Only works for an Altess
Last edited by Dorian Falstaff on Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 5/17(9) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards
  • #: Card - Effect
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2603
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Prelude Opportunity

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:41 pm

Shield of Invincibility
Although not truely indistructable nor capable from protecting its user from all harm this sheild is very durable and able to regenerate damage very quickly. It also has a number of magic powers that further augment its defensive capabilities. Standard building materials are shells and bones from creatures of magic and parts from other unknown creatures, but the main empowering device is a small eye of elor disguised as a center peice on the sheild.
  • Base Item: Large Polymer Sheild. These devices function exactly like regular shields, but are much more lightweight and durable. They add +4 Armor vs ranged attacks instead of +2. Large: 6 lb, +2 parry, base cost 4000 creds.
    -8pts of SPC super tech(see below)= total Cost is 86,000 creds.
    • Speed Weapon: Able to parry all attacks. Parry: +1(+1), deflect all attacks (+4).
    • Deflection: Increased Attribute 2 lvls: +2 die types of agility(+4). Contingent on the activation of Speed Weapon deflection ability (-1)
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
4/4
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
4/4
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2

User avatar
Vrothuss
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Re: Prelude Opportunity

Post by Vrothuss » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:11 pm

Science What !?! _
Boost Trait - K/Science
[*] Spellcasting 1d10: 8
[*] Wild 1d6: 1


Untrained -2
Boost Trait, success, raise
[*] K/Science 1d8: 3
[*] Wild 1d6: 3
Voss takes his credits and begins going through his notes and contacts. He stumbles across a note regarding a Financial Securities Firm from the Consortium of Civilized Worlds. Luke mentioned that the FSF was reliable and secure and would give a return of 1% every Earth year.

Heading towards the bridge to find @Sera, he informs her that he wants to electronically transfer funds to the FSF. All two hundred thousand credits. Out of sight and out of mind.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss
Novice Gemini Demon Ley Line Walker/Temporal Wizard
Parry: 2 || Toughness: 5
PPE: 20/20
Combat Edge: None
Bennies: 4/3

Adventure Card(s):
Edit Signature

User avatar
Que
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:22 pm

Re: Prelude Opportunity

Post by Que » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:22 am

OOC Comments
Knowledge Cosmic Forge 1d4: 2
Wild 1d6: 5
Bracers of Fortune
Bracers of Fortune - These enchanted bracers have the ability to bend fate around the wearer making thing go their way.
  • Base Item: Force Field Belt (retrapped), 20,000
  • Preparatory Enchantment +2000
  • Luck (+20k)
  • Great Luck (+20k)
  • Elan (+20k)
Que looks around, that was weird, as soon as he touched the bracers he felt like he had slipped, but he knows he did not use his powers. Somehow they are creating a synergy with his quantum manipulation. Looking around the vault it comes to him there is something about this place interesting. "Did you guys feel that, it was weird for sure."

User avatar
Sera
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Prelude Opportunity

Post by Sera » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:20 pm

Knowledge Science 6
Knowledge Science 1d4-2 = 1: 3
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Benny for extra effort 1d6: 3
Sera gains +2 to common knowledge rolls pertaining to knowledge of the forge

Sera looks at her credits she received from the mission. I should really put all this away for expenses. She reaches to feel something on the back of her neck. She opens up a store catalog and start browsing some items.

Touching the screen to direct it to the page she wants.
The page reads the following.
Modification Chip, Skill: Shooting
50,000 CR

Sera touches the plus button to the Skill level. It changes from One. Two, Three. Then she touch update.

Cost increases to 150,000 CR.

She hits buy now and enters in all her information on the next purchase pages.

She puts the other 50,000 CR into her expense account.

Later, Voss comes to her with his request. Sera takes the credits and deposits it where Voss wanted.
"Alright, your credits are put in your FSF account."

Much later, a package arrives for Sera. She opens it to reveal some new items. She looks around for Dorian. She is in a super happy mood. Upon finding him she says, "Hey Dorian!" He eyes are like sparkling with joy. "Can you do me a favor? I need these installed." She holds a box containing the skill mods. "My life is in your hands."


Mod Upgrade
Constructs may remove or install a Mod with a Repair roll and 1d3 hours (half that with a raise.) A critical failure means the Mod is Destroyed and must be replaced.
Also note, each skill mod is a separate mod, requiring 3 rolls.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 5
  • Quick: When dealt a 5 or lower, may discard and redraw until gets a card higher then 5.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Test of Wills attacks.
  • Steady Hands: ignore Unstable platform penalty when firing while riding in a moving vehicle. actions while running penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Construct
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Sera suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Halo
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 5* ; Toughness: 5
*: Halo is a small robot, size -2. attackers subtract 2 from any attack rolls directed at him.
  • Ace: May Spend Bennies to make Soak Rolls for vehicles or vessels they control. This is a Boating, Driving, or Piloting roll at -2 (cancelling their usual +2). Each success and raise negates a wound and any critical hit that would have resulted from it.
  • Combat Ace: Integrating vehicle operation with weapon control in one fluid moment of expertise, the pilot with this Edge ignores the multi-action penalty for making a Boating, Driving, or Piloting check and firing a weapon on the same round.
  • Construct:
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Halo suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Edit Signature

User avatar
Dorian Falstaff
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:25 pm

Re: Prelude Opportunity

Post by Dorian Falstaff » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:32 pm

Stoic wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:27 pm
The bank is no match for the crew of the Sovereign. They not only get the intended deposit box, but also easily crack open a few more. The entire crew gets an additional 100 k (200k total) and after they turn in the loot they were hired to get, they pulled a small seamless black rectangle, the size of a hardcover book. It is heavily secured, but Dorian cracks the code with ease once they return to base. The case opens open and Dorian feels his heart lurch in his chest once he sees the contents. He reaches in and pulls out a small megadamage slide, heavily polished to allow a microscope to examine it's contents. But Dorian does not need a microscope, for he immediately knows what is on the slide, and the other dozen slides in the container: It's a sliver of an Altress's brain. Dorian had always heard rumors that people would create these in an attempt to piece together the mystery of the forge.
OOC Comments
Everyone gets 200k and a Benny. Give me a K/Science roll and you can glean some information from the assembled slides that gives your group more insight into the mystery of the forge (+2 to common knowledge rolls pertaining to knowledge of the forge. Alternately, you can take K/Cosmic Forge at a D4 for free, but you do not get the bonus)
On seeing the slide all color drains from Dorians face and then it becomes clouded with sadness and rage. When someone asks what's wrong orwhat he has has, he's not even sure whose asking, but his reply is in the dead voice of barely controlled fury. Bloody seeker bastards... I'd heard they we hunting Altess for the secret but didn't want to believe anyone outside the Splugorth would resort to this... ghoulishness. I'll need to return these to the Dynasty for identification. Their families will need to be informed and reproduction permissions assigned. Mr. Givens and I will return with all possible haste however."

When he returns the slide to the case he notices something else behind them, a small jeweled pendant. Reverently pulling it from the case he slips it around his neck. "An Altess Data Codex. This may help me figure out who did this." He motions towards the slides then gets lost in concentration a moment. "Hmm, well not a lot on that but some interesting things in other regards. I've transferred some data on the Forge to Ship." He takes the slides to his bunk and begins preparing to return home.
K/Science:19 gain K/Forge d4
K/Science 1d10: 10 Ace 1d10+10 = 19: 9
Wild 1d6: 4
Sera wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:20 pm
Much later, a package arrives for Sera. She opens it to reveal some new items. She looks around for Dorian. She is in a super happy mood. Upon finding him she says, "Hey Dorian!" He eyes are like sparkling with joy. "Can you do me a favor? I need these installed." She holds a box containing the skill mods. "My life is in your hands."


Mod Upgrade
Constructs may remove or install a Mod with a Repair roll and 1d3 hours (half that with a raise.) A critical failure means the Mod is Destroyed and must be replaced.
Also note, each skill mod is a separate mod, requiring 3 rolls.
"I will certainly install your upgrades before I go Sera. We're all packed for the journey home and I have nothing more pressing to attend to. Allow me to don my armor and meet me in my workshop." Before she can protest he sighs and follows up with "Yes, the workshop. It's kept immaculate, you are immune to disease at any rate, and all the microtronics I need are already in there." Dorian goes to get ready and arrives in the workshop prepped to go.

He "puts her under" and begins to work, requesting tools from Mr. Givens as he goes.
Repair rolls all succeed, 5.5 hours
Modifiers +2 armor, +1 to electronic repairs HJ
Repair 1d10+3 = 4: 1
Wild 1d6+3 = 8: 5
Time 1d3: 3

Repair 1d10+3 = 12: 9
Wild 1d6+3 = 7: 4
Time 1d3: 2

Repair 1d10+3 = 5: 2
Wild 1d6+3 = 7: 4
Time 1d3: 3
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 5/17(9) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards
  • #: Card - Effect
Edit Signature

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”