Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Adventures of the Legion's 1st Special Exploratory Team.
Post Reply
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1723
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Venatus Vinco » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:53 am

Battle of Albuquerque

The ruins of Albuquerque lie in the middle of the Rio Grande valley. On the east of the valley are the Sandia and Manzano mountains. On the west side there are five volcanic cones that have erupted back to life with the emergence of the he'll pit. The entire valley floor has been terror-formed. The flat, arid, high desert landscape is now cracked and blackened. The area reeks of brimstone and churlish black smog covers the area.

The area is literally hell on earth, giving the demons a serious home field advantage - they cannot be banished. In addition to legions of Alu foot soldiers, there are massive war beasts, Balrog, and other greater demons. For the rag-tag army of heroes this is definitely a plunge into hell's heart. The only chance of victory is to fight a path to the pit so the 1st SET can perform the closing ritual.

Outnumbered and outgunned the assembly of heroes marches into the valley ready to face down a demon lord and his hoard.

Mass Battle Condition
Tokens
  • Demonic Forces: 10
    Heroes: 6
Demon Modifiers
  • Force Bonus: +4
    Leader: K/Battle d12 (Wild Card)
Hero Modifiers
  • Battle Plan: +2
    Air Superiority: +1
Round 1: 12
Demon Commander
1d12 = 1: 1
1d6 = 3: 3

Benny
1d12 = 8: 8
1d6 = 5: 5
The demon armies press their numerical advnatge and come out aggressively to meet the heroes on the firey Plains. With little regard for casualties the demon Commander attempts to overwhelm earth's forces with a massive infantry charge. The lesser demons, along with loyal Simvan monster riders charge with ferocious intent.

Up above, the already darkened skies turn back as mighty Balrog demons lead flocks of gargoyles and harpies to swarm the heroes.

The opening salvo will be costly to the demonic commander but theaters to overrun the heroes before they can really begin.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1723
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Venatus Vinco » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:46 am

Earn a Benny or a Free Advance!
Use this narrative opportunity to not only see how great your hero is but how their background comes to play. If you work in something from your past or a hindrance take a benny.

If you want a free advance, write something longer and make your roll at -2.

See Jon's feedback post for ideas: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3435&p=47736#p47736
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Roderick Wolfram
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Roderick Wolfram » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:46 pm

Rod prepares for battle along with the rest of the 1st. He and Beta and Charlie check the Dragonwing, inspecting it's control surfaces, engines, and electronics. Breaking the demon's control of the air ways had gone along way to allow the rag tag team that the Tomorrow Legion had gathered at Acoma Pueblo. Rod had realized as he rewired the electonics of the Dragonwing for the task, that he had more than a knack, but real skill with modification of equipment (gain the tinker edge).

At the end of the day, he sits on the top of the Dragonwing using it's height to see over the low Pueblo walls down to the valley below while he drinks a soda. Beta is in the cockpit, while Charlie is down by the left leg engine, checking one of the toe actuators.

Beta's voice comes to Rod through the odd back of the mind communication link of the armor. Rod, there is a transmission you should listen to. Rod makes the short leap to the building next to the Dragonwing, and slides down a rope partway and then swings himself into the ventral hatch.

"What's it saying Beta?" Rod asks.

"It's a repeating signal, it's about to repeat," says Beta. There's still occasional static, so it takes a few more cycles before the missing words are filled in:

"Letzter Schatten, come in Letzter Schatten. This is Rotes Raubtier, come in Letzter Schatten."

Rod flops back in his chair as he hears his call sign, Letzter Schatten. He thinks on the voice, it wasn't too long ago that he'd parted ways with 3M. Rotes Raubiter, the Red Predator, is the alias of the new commander of 3M: Charles Bouton They said they were going to head north, not west to look for work. What are they doing out here?

"Rotes Raubiter, this is Letzter Schatten, Chuck, it's good to hear your voice, where are you? How is everyone?" Rod asks over the radio.

"Rod, my man!" the voice over the radio exclaims. "I knew it had to be you! You are the only person outside of 3M to have a Dragonwing. We are not far from your position. It was slim pickings to the north, so we headed west when we heard that towns were paying good money to take out demons." There is silence for a bit, "Manny is out, he's alive, but he got caught in an ambush, damn Brodkil got a hold of him and ripped one his legs off; he's still deciding on the specs of his new leg. Tessa and Marc are still with us, along with To'dan, Kud, and Zank. Overall we still have squads of Jaegers and Raubiters, both Furagierers, and the Schwartzitter."

Ow, poor Manny, that had to piss him off. Rod has a wry grin. I told you that there wasn't going to be much that way. He clicks on his radio, "Well, if you need a job, I am sure the Tomorrow Legion will take your contract. Pay has been a little light, but they've come through with repairs, ammo, and three hots and a cot. There's something out here called a 'Hell Pit' it makes those alien lands we've seen through those rifts the mages created during the war look like garden spots. You want in?"

Charles laughs, "You were always happy with the bare minimum, hell yes, oh, pardon me. But yes, if there is Mayhem to be caused, 3M always delivers."

"Good man," says Rod. "I'll send you the coordinates so you can meet with Elle of the Owls, she's the Commander. I'll put in a good word, but you'll need to do your own negotiating." Rod sends the navigational coordinates, and then calls to Elle to tell her the news...

.................

Mass battle post to follow.
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record
Stats
Personal
Toughness: 15(8), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense, Battle-Hardened*, Fearless*, Nerves of Steel*

* from SuperTech device

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)
Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Merlaggon » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:42 pm

Shooting 12 - Minus 2 to Enemy Commander's Battle Total
Shooting (D10+2 including TW Heavy Railgun bonuses... then -2 due to Merlaggon's Greed being Targeting)
  • Shooting: 1d10 = 4: 4
    Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5
    • Extra Effort (With Elan): 1d6+2 = 7: 5
    Result: 12 - Success with 2 Raises.
Battle Effect: 2d6 = 9: 5, 4 - Blow on the Dice -> 10.
  • Slaughter - The foe reels at the champion's onslaught. Subtract 2 from the enemy commander's Battle total.
Taking to the sky, Merlaggon quickly spies a good defendable vantage point to use his Heavy Railgun from. After a few quick shots to clear his way, he settles in and starts concentrating on the bigger threats. These are mainly the Greater Demons, Balrogs, and Massive War Beasts, but he does pause in those efforts occasionally to deal with any lesser threats that head his way.

After a few minutes of this, Merlaggon sees a glint off in the distance... what appears to be gold! With a quick look around to see that his friends appear to have things in order, Merlaggon takes to the skies again... this time to see what is the cause of the glint. Of course, being a bit distracted by the SHINIES out in the distance, Merlaggon's rate of fire drops dramatically.

I just HAVE to see what that is. If it is the Gold it appeared to be, it would be great for my horde. If it isn't gold, what would it be? It could be something else valuable... or it could just be something COOL!!! The rest are doing fine. They won't mind me checking it out... too much.

When Merlaggon gets to where he saw the glint from in the distance, he sees a hill with a scattering of gold coloured foil on the hill. At once, the ground of the hill erupts and the Demonic creature hiding within lashes out and grabs Merlaggon with its tentacles. The tentacles start pulling the struggling Dragon Hatchling in. Just before the Demon fully wraps up Merlaggon, he manages to wiggle out from the tentacles and flies away from it while laying into it with Rail Gun fire. After the Rail Gun fire tears the Demon up into little pieces, Merlaggon flies back to his vantage point from earlier and continues shooting at whatever targets look best. He can almost hear Fell laughing at him.

"What did you fly off and investigate, Merlaggon", asks Zolo when Merlaggon is back in place.

"Nuthin. Leave me alone."
Last edited by Merlaggon on Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 0/3
  • [*]Base Amount
    [*]-1 for Extra Effort for Mass Combat Battle of Albuquerque Round 1
    [*]-1 for Extra Effort for Mass Combat Battle of Albuquerque Round 2
    [*]-1 for Extra Effort on Shooting Greater Demon
    [*]+1 for making VV Laugh
    [*]+2 for Zolo's and Sinder's Jokers
    [*]-1 to Shake off Shaken from Killemonde's Attack
    [*]-1 for Extra Effort to hit Greater Demon
    [*]-1 for Re-Roll Damage on Greater Demon
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :20 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 14(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Sinder » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:42 pm

13
OOC Comments
Psionic 1d10 = 9: 9 +4 (using 4 ISP)
Wild Dice 1d6 = 4: 4
Battle Effect
OOC Comments
2d6 = 7: 4, 3
PP used
3d6 = 8: 3, 3, 2

Valor +2 to the commanders Battle roll

The Hell Pit or To the Hell with the Pit

Before they take off
OOC Comments
Sinder goes to the coffee shop or what serves as a coffee at this city and there he sees this old man again. This time he looks more familiar. And it is bringing back memories. Sinder approaches the old man and says with a questioning look on his face, “I know you, don’t I?”
The old man smiles for a second then his smile changes back to the straight face and he replies, “Nope.”

Sinder persist, “Yes, you were at the last town in a bar, sitting at a table.” All of a sudden as if a flood gate was open Sinder sees past memories. Him and his parents with this old man and him playing with him several times in several different places. “You’re Grandpa Stan! How did you get here, we had to fight are way into this place?”

A smile appears and stays for a bit. Then he looks around and he speaks up, “Quiet kiddo, you want the cops to know I’m here. Just don’t stand there, sit down. I took a shortcut.”

Sinder says, “Are you my guardian angel, or fairy godfather?”

Stan looks around, “Na, but I do like the Iea of an Angel.”

Stan leans forward and speaks in a low voice to Sinder, “I only have a few seconds before your mom buds in. First I’m proud of you my boy. You come along way and Jerome and Jessica, your mom and Dad, have done a great job.” Stan looks around, “Good she didn’t hear that. Back to the point, a lot of things have been going on in your life recently and I’m just checking on your emotion right now. Like how are you feeling?”

Sinder speaks up, “Well I did run into an old girlfriend.”

Stan snaps in, “Oh yes, Rylee nice young lady.”

Sinder puzzled look on his face, “How do you know her name?”

Stan replies quickly, “Well I ahh, it's not important at this time, go on.”

Sinder frowns a bit, “But she is important!”

Stan, “I didn’t mean it that way, she is very important to you yes, and is important to the flow of everything. I want to know how you feel about all of this Sir Sayeen and his daughter and Fell, Timothy?”

Sinder speaks, “Well I don’t like it first Sir Sayeen kills himself to save us and just after I get back with him. Then his lost Daughter shows up and some so-called friends kill her, and hide the body. Then one of them turns no make it all of them turn against us."

Stan pipes in, “That’s it Kiddo release this. They have character flaws don’t you see? Sir Sayeen could not let go and it feeds his hidden demons. Lail Gabbersleaf she gets captured by demons and had hidden demons inside her you saw it. Fell loves Cory it drives him crazy and he wants to cheat death to be with her after he goes through his Juicer process, dies, then makes a deal with the demons. Timothy, he has a hard time working for two Masters, he is going through hell right now, he is kidding himself about letting the demons kill you all and then the CS coming in and whipping out the rest of you. you felt the tugging at your souls to accept the demon’s gifts. And yet you released them. That was something very few people would do.”

Sinder speaks up. “How do you know all of that. But what about my new members, which one of them is going to change, that scares me, I don’t want them to end up like Fell, Timothy and the others.”

Stan takes a deep breath before he sits straight up, “ I kinda know alot of things, comes with being the family historian. But you asked about the new guys, Then be their friends, talk to them, tell them when they are getting close to turning.”

Sinder says with disbelief, “Friends, right?”

Stan gets a stern look on his face, “Listen here Kiddo, those friends of yours are stepping up to the plate and you don’t know it. Get out of this self-pity. Gene Quartermane, he is organizing the Blackmarket to send help. Little Bird Sunrise at Fort Comanche she inspired them to send aid. Rylee is back with her Family getting her Brother who you busted his two front teeth out to get help and that is after…Merl is a child and don't you forget it. Zolo Is here there and every where at the same time, she needs to fosu ocasionaly, Ron he great but needs the occasional encouragement. Anon good kid wants to fix the world and he just might. Alecto human or Bot boy the Pinocho syndrome. Anarik and the demon watch them there is good in them they just don't know it.”

There is a slight breeze out of nowhere and then Jessica Baron steps into the shop. Her eyes immediately go to the old man sitting with Sinder and they start blazing. She speaks slowly and very pronounced, “What Are You Doing Here.?”

Coolness envelopes the room and everyone turns to see what is going to happen.

Stan looks around and then flips his wrist, “Everyone, this is family business go back to what you’re doing and ignore us.”
The room seems to just start from where they left off, ignoring the conversation.

Stan continues, “Jessica dear, just come and have a seat I was talking to the boy helping him clear some things up. I know you have to talk to him before you meet with Elle of the Owls. I’ll just go to the rest room for a while so you can have a conversation with him.” He gets up and heads to the right.

Jessica keeps an eye on him and speaks up, “The Restroom is the other way Old Man.”

Stan stops looks around points to the other way and smiles then heads in the right direction as Jessica sits in his chair.

Sinder stands for a seconds hug his mother and kisses her then starts, “Hi Mom, nice to see you. He didn’t do anything wrong, just talked about friends and me stepping up.”

Jessica smiles at him and speaks, “He was speaking of friends?”

Sinder replies quickly, “Yes Mom, Rylee and “

She cuts him off, “Rylee? He didn’t..”

Then from the rest room you can here Stan speak up, "No I didn’t say he had a son. Damn it. See what you made me say.”
As he is talking Jessica’s head snaps toward the sound of his voice. She turns back to Sinder, “Yes you have a son I just found out when I was in negotiations with the people of the Baronies and the First Cav. Trying to get them to come to help they wanted their people released to help them so I went to get that taken care of and I met Rylee, lovely young lady by the way I love her. So we become friend s one thing lead to another and she tell s me about a child and then you running out. Not running, running out, but being chased away. And I find out I’m a grandparent. She steps up and knows how dangerous this whole thing is , She loves you by the way."

Off in the rest room, you hear Stan talking, “No Yoda, he doesn’t need any more training, thanks for the help though. How is the rest of your group going? That is good. Ah Fizban nice to see you.”

Jessica continues, “Well, she thinks she can bring the outlaws from the Pecos up and she is doing a great job there. She sends you her love and says be safe.”

Stan steps out, and Jessica turns and speaks to him, “Did you wash your hands?”

Stan responds, “Yes.”

Jessica fires back. “No! you didn’t stop lying to me. Now go back in there and wash Old Man.”

Stans wrinkles his face even more the it is normally and turns back and washes his hands grumbling all the way. You can hear water now. And Stan greeting someone else, "Well if it ain’t Gandalf and VV! I like the story line VV, it’s coming along great. I think you should give Zolo an extra benny for the idea there. Na they couldn’t have heard that.”

Jessica continues, “Your Father is trying to get more help, as are your friends. Just stay safe. Things will work out fine.”

Stan steps out with his hands raised, “See they’re washed, I have to finish my talk with the kid, and you have to meet with Elle.”

Jeccisa looks at him and speaks, “Don’t tell me what I have to do.”

Stan looks over his shoulder and speaks, “See VV I need ya help here.”

All of a sudden, a radio on Jessica goes off, “Yes, I’m on my way now.” She turns to Stan and sneers at him, I don’t know how you do it old man. He is all yours. Jessica gives Sinder a big hug and kiss. And say “Goodbye, well talk after this.”

She turns and looks at Stan, “You keep him safe, you hear me. Don’t mess him up!”

Stan looks scared for a second and keeps his hands raised, “I not going to harm the kid, you know me better then that, I am really helping him.”

Jessica thinks for a second as tears form in her eyes, "I know you are, in your own way. she then goes over and hugs him and gives him a kiss before she leaves.

Stan sits down shaking his head, “She is an amazing woman your mother. I think I know her, then she goes and throws a hug and a kiss at me. Where were we. Ah yes, just remember to help the others, your friends they need you, and most important you need them.” Stan looks to the rest room, "Yess VV I know mushy mushy close things up."
Stan looks at Sinder, "You are about to get a call to form up." Stan Stands and says, "So give me a hug and be safe help the others."

Just then Sinder radios goes off, "!st SET report to your staging areas ASAP."
"This is one Hell of a Battle"

The Battle
OOC Comments
Sinder like all the rest knows that the battle will be upon them shortly as the masses start toward the Pit.
Elle of the Owls instruction for the 1st,
“The 1st SET will be spread out to help with the initial mass attack. I know this may not sound like the right thing, but you all are inspirations to everyone, and I know it will inspire others to see the 1st SET is with them. You are far too valuable to just let sit back and watch. We will give each of you, your assignments. Then when the time comes. We will call you back to take care of the real problem.

Sinder come forward this will be your assignment.” She hands a paper to Sinder. And whispers to him, “You have grown a lot young man I know your Father and Mother well. I share in their pride about you. Your sister well be in this fight too. Show the World what the Barron name means. Oh, an old man came by and said he was your Grandfather Stan? Which side of the family does he come from? He gave me some advice and said I better watch out over you and he didn’t need Jessica coming after him. I turned to get the guards and he was gone.”
Sinder walks away thinking, “Great work Grandpa Stan. I have Mom, Dad, Sisters and now you paving the way for me. Yea no pressure Elle, the whole world is watch. Flaming Bullshit, the universe is going to be watch by the time Gramps is through with it.”
He opens up his note and reads it to himself.
“You’re assigned close air support. Especially, against the Simvans, their mounts and gargoyles. You will be stationed close to the Native Americans. Good Luck and good hunting. Elle”
Then words appear below it. “I got that angel you wanted. GPS”
Sinder folds the note and tucks it under his armor. He then heads back to his Hovercycle making sure everything is set. He pauses and heads over to Starfire the robot horse and tells Starfire to follow and help out.

He approaches the native American group as they are almost to the battle line, he remembers the history of “The People”, some say the finest group of light Calvary there ever was. They are mounted on horseback and both the rider and Horses, yes even Robot horses, some on hovercycles. Each and every one painted up and ready for a fight. As he comes to the front the Natives acknowledge him with a smile and a head nod. The line suddenly stops. Sinder heads to the front a bout a mile away befor them are the simvans and theire monsters and they are starting to charge overhead Sinder spots a black cloud of Gargoyles. The natives are waiting.

Sinder minds recalls the other time the simvans did this each time the 1st set did stupid things, stupid things that worked. The hot headed Burster screams the word, “Excelsior!” as he kicked the hover to full throttle.

Sinder knew he had to disrupt the charging Simvans and there mounts “Break the wall. Don’t have to kill them all just make them fall back. Take care of this section and the others will take care of theirs.”

Sinder looks in the rearview cameras and seed the natives on their speeders following him forming a V. He looks above and sees the gargoyles are dropping out of the sky wings folded trying to stop him. The other natives on robots are charging. followed by the living horses.

“This is going to be close.” But Sinder launches deadly fire bolt across the broken land he is starting to break up the enemy wave he keeps the fires going but there is a huge Gargoyle coming for him laser blast go around him. He wants to get inside on to theFire blast to protect himself. But the, ‘What is, who launched a flaming meteor at him. Death by Gargoylre or death by Meteor?”

The next seconds were like an eternity. The Meteor had wings, and a huge cat, no tiger appeared and landed no Pounced! on the gargoyles back bending the gargoyle in to a U, Sinking foot long Saber teeth deep into the shoulder and head of the hapless Gargoyle . tthe front claws wrapping around the head as te rear claws sank into the broken back, those rea legs then sprung before they both went smashing and rolling into the broke hell scape,

Sinder turned the cycle as he had to see what was happening. The gargoyles body went 3 feet into the earth, The Tiger rolled for about 20 feet turned and spit out the head of the Gargoyle then let out a roar. Gargoyles that were supporting the simvans and others were getting tore apart by dragons and other flying creatures. The dragons had won the air superiority here. Hopefully along the rest of the front too. As he completed the circle Sinder realized that he needs to bring his armor up too, “How stupid of me.”

The big flaming cat leaped into the air might wings unfurled gaining altitude with each beat. Sinder look to the line as the third wave of natives Americans on horseback came in the other two waves had broken the simvans thrust and with the dragon’s help tearing into the helpless foes. Yes, there were more, the brodkils that came after the simvans but they arrived to late to be of any consequences.

when things calmed down a bit a few of the native chiefs came up to Sinder smiling saying, “Good Fight, your Spirit animal is an old one he hasn’t been seen in a very long time. Why didn’t you tell us of your Idea to charge we were waiting for them to hit the line?”

Sinder replied, “An old friend taught me that move, He is no longer with us. He died recently, I hope his spirit can find rest.”

A chief looks up and points skyward, “The guardian is coming.”

Sinder looks to the sky where the chief pointed and he sees the huge saber tooth land 100 feet away. The chief’s horses are a bit spooked and they speak up. “Nice party, Sinder thank you for inviting us. Send our blessings to you parents and the Old Man. He always had great parties. We must go now and make sure the horses don’t drop us off on our butts it is a long way to walk. And we have to get the young bucks back in line, they might think they can win this by themselves.”

They turn and go laughing and talking about the battle leaving the big cat to come up to Sinder. About 20 feet away the flames on the saber tooth goes out and Sinder can see blood all over it, not the cat’s blood but he guesses the enemies’ blood. The cat stretches and yawns.

Sinder speaks to the beast, “Well I appreciate the save back there. Got a name, how about Angel.” And so an aAngel of Flames replaces an old friend named Darkness.
Last edited by Sinder on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:50/50 Spent 8 Left 42
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +1 post, +2 from play, Quarter

Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP Used Battle of Albuquerque


New Cards 4th quarter

3d52 = 99: 35, 30, 34

Seize the Day The character acts as if he had
drawn a Joker this combat round

Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

Guantlet of the Demon Slayer
Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)
Major: Power Banish/Banish the Horde (3/6 One or Large Burst area)

Minor: +5 PP
Minor: +5 PP

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Alecto
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 497
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Alecto » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:37 pm

The battle was joined, and after showering the demon army from on high with a scattering of grenades to clear a zone, Alecto descended on her jetpack like a god from Olympus; clad in smoke and thunder. With a runeblade in one hand, and her integral vibroblade extended, she danced a deadly waltz across the brutalized landscape, carving infernal flesh as she went. A tide of crimson flesh, bristling with fangs and claws and cybernetic parts, rose up against her only to be cut down in turn.

Dimly she was aware of her fellows fighting not far off, but she was too hard pressed to try to coordinate immediately. Abruptly then there was a surcease in the carnage. The lesser demons, still towering heads and shoulders over Alecto, drew back. A shadow fell over her then.

One of the larger creatures, a good fifteen or more feet high, tromped out from his squad of monsters and snorted. Its head resembled a bull's skull, bleached and bare of flesh, nestled into a bristly mane that rattled and shook as it moved. In its hand a maul crudely knapped from obsidian, nearly as large as Alecto herself.

For a heartbeat they faced off, then they rushed one another across the field; Alecto dodging and batting demons aside as she went; the larger one narrowly missing trampling more than one, and more because they dodged than any caution taken on its part. The tree-sized obsidian club came down in a brutal arc, grooves cut into its surface making the wind seem to scream in an eerily humanlike voice as it swung. Alecto was engulfed in a plume of dust and grit, and the ground shook hard enough to knock nearby demonic troops off their feet.

From the dust Alecto catapulted, propelled by her rockets, driving straight up the monster's barrel chest and into the flames licking from its empty skull. She spun in place to build momentum and slashed across it with the grey-black enruned blade she'd taken from a wraithknight what seemed like a lifetime ago.

The dread blade cracked the long snout of the minotaurine skull, sending the demonic creature reeling backwards. Gargoyle-like creatures winged up at Alecto, intent on dragging her down before she could finish the job. She leaned forward and adjusted the pitch on her jetpack...

contact provide identity, location

The signal was encrypted, but Alecto felt automatic processes providing the key, translating the message. The imperative was almost overwhelming. It had a command authority greater than the human who'd claimed to be her maker, and it was communicating on the same frequency. Even so, she squelched the response that her low-level systems were trying to give. After a grueling pause of nearly three milliseconds, another handshake request came through.

contact provide identity, location; condition


Again Alecto managed to subvert her own mind, locking down the portions that were attempting to comply. The irony was not lost on her. It was likely due to the damage she'd suffered that this rejection was even possible. The authentication on the signal entitled it to what appeared to be blanket override authority. Another fraction of a second, and the signal returned...but different in character. She realized that until now, she'd only been subject to what might be considered a subliminal process...an automatic function that was simply querying all units within range and attempting to network them.

Now she had the full attention of whatever was behind it.

It transmitted, via the same dizzyingly complex encryption, a scratchy, irritated, almost...frantic voice.

What's this? Are you lost? Hurt? WHY DON'T YOU ANSWER ME!! It broke off with a buzz of static, then returned in a calmer tone. Your carrier is erratic. You've been damaged. Return to recharge, receive repairs, and upload logs. A pause. Do it now. Another pause. NOW. NOW. NOW. NOW.

All through the assault, Alecto managed to stand her ground. Demons clustered in, cautiously at first...but as it became apparent that she wasn't fighting anymore, they gained confidence.

Ah. I understand. The one who 'got away.' They'll be so happy to meet you again. Tisiphone. Megaera. Uploading a range of coordinates. Unit three is within that range. Locate. Apprehend. Preserve if possible. Report progress.

There was a subtle...mocking tone to it then, the kind of way a human might speak when saying something that seemed innocent, but was actually quite cutting towards someone they didn't like.

It wasn't human though, Alecto was sure. The voice in her head was a digital thunderstorm. Hearing it was no less than a voice from a flaming bush, or words booming out with thunderclaps. Had she the capability of superstition, she might have believed that she had heard the words of some inscrutable and unstable Creator. As it was, she believed it was much, much worse. Somewhere out there was some kind of advanced, unstable machine intelligence, and it had somehow discovered her. It wanted her back.

Her musings on this point were interrupted, however, by the giant obsidian cudgel that slammed into her and knocked her sixty feet through the air to plow into a pile of demons. For a moment their claws grabbed and flailed at her from below...then they howled and tried to get away as she triggered her jetpack straight into the lot of them and soared skyward. Diagnostics showed mostly superficial damage. Her armor was extremely well padded against blunt impacts.

She refocused on the immediate issue of a pit full of mewling hellspawn, but would not forget that something that was for her even worse was watching for her, even as she isolated the contact frequency and disabled it to prevent further contact. Watching, and waiting, for its agents to bring her to what promised to be a special Hell even for one who lacked a soul.
Fighting 23, 1 benny spent, +2 to ally Battle roll
Fighting (inc -2 from setback) 1d12+3 = 6: 3 or 1d6+3 = 7: 4
Extra Effort 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace 1d6 = 6: 6
lol, most pointless super ace ever :) 1d6 = 4: 4

Battle Thingy 2d6 = 5: 2, 3
Last edited by Alecto on Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

User avatar
Anon
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Anon » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:38 pm

Repair 10, Terrorize: Enemy Commander Subtracts 2 from Spirit for Morale
Repair 1d10 = 5: 5 (includes +2 for Machine Maestro and -2 for scene modifier to get an extra advance for freesies)
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Extra Effort: 1d6 = 5: 5

Battle Effects: 2d6 = 4: 3, 1 Terrorize: The fighter’s fury terrorizes her foes. The enemy commander subtracts 2 from his Spirit roll if forced to test morale this round. So, in this case, Anon's awesome gear is so awe-inspiring that the enemy commander is struck with awe at the terrible might of the soldiers wielding it!
Where there’s an army, there’s an opportunity for the Hammers. At least, that’s what the guild had said before sending him off to Tolkeen during what turned out to be the end of that war. Anon got a far-too-up-close view of the fall of that city, and he experienced first-hand the chaos caused when swarms of demons were suddenly freed from the wills of the shifters who had summoned them.

He knows demons. He’s seen and fought plenty of demons.

He has never seen demons like this.

There are demons of every size, color, and build imaginable: small imps, towering behemoths, insect-like warriors and amorphous blobs. Quite aside from being intimidating to look at or to hear, he can actually smell the demon army from miles away. They stink of condensed brimstone, filth and death, and Anon is half-surprised that the Tomorrow Legion doesn’t faint from the stench.

He pulls up where Elle told him he could find the quartermaster, cuts the engine to the mountaineer, and wanders over to the makeshift shelter they’ve put up near the collection of supply trucks. He pulls someone aside who looks like they might be in charge and says, “Hey, I’m looking for a ‘Syl.’ They around here?”

The guy points over to a distant truck, “Yup. She’s over there getting that flat bed unloaded.” He gives Anon a quick look, noting the goggles and leather jacket, and asks, “Techno-Wizard?”

Anon replies, “That’s me.”

The guy nods a couple of times. “Good. Yeah, that’s good. Go see Syl. She’ll have plenty for you to do,” and he hurries off, arms laden with equipment boxes and what seem to be random bits of gear.

Anon heads over to the truck, boots crunching on the dry ground, unsure what to expect but happy to be around so much machinery again. He likes the First. He does. And the Dragonwing and Alecto are so very cool. Especially Alecto. Mostly Alecto. Alecto is fascinating…

Wait, where was he? Oh, right! He likes being out in the field, but there is something comforting about being in the midst of big trucks again, especially when it looks like the world might literally be about to end. It’s good to feel like he has a little piece of home out here on the edge of hell.

Syl turns out to be a wisp of a woman, elvish, or at least part elvish, from the look of her. Anon clears his throat.

“Ah, I was told I could lend a hand here, ma’am,” Anon says by way of introduction.

Syl turns to him, a streak of grease across one cheek, and spits. “Techno-wizard?,” she asks without preamble.

“Yes, ma’am.”

“You any good?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“Good. Come here.” She grabs his arm and pulls him around the back of the trucks to a series of long tables laden with broken and dilapidated things: weapons, armor, tools and the like. “We got a mountain of junk back here that needs a use, and a hell of a lot of hell to use it on. Make me something out of this pile and give it to any legionnaires who care to carry it.”

And without any further instruction, she turns heel and walks away, leaving him there unsupervised with a treasure horde.

Anon approaches the nearest table and sets his hand on an armor breastplate with a crack wider than his thumb running down the middle. “Now, she didn’t mean that. You’re not junk, are you? No, you’re not junk at all…” He grabs his tools and quickly loses himself in the work, talking to, joking with, and cursing at the vast amount of materielle spread in front of him as he works it into something truly useful... and terrifying.

Yes, Anon knows demons. And he knows these demons are going to hate dealing with the things he has in mind.
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d6, Shooting d6, Piloting d4, Driving d6, Notice d8, Techno-Wizardry d10, Repair d10, K/Electronics d8, K/Computers d8, K/Arcana d10, K/Engineering d10, K/Science d6
Parry: 5 (7 w/"Survival Knife")
Pace: 6
Toughness: 13(6)
Notable Edges: Ace, Master of Magic, Brave
Notable Equipment: TW Survival Knife; Multi-Assault TK Automatic Rifle
Character Sheet
Signature

User avatar
Zolo
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Zolo » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:16 pm

Zolo eyes the command tent with no small amount of trpidation. Small unti tactics, a word of advice here and there to a commander was one thing, but to lead a full fledge army was another. Zolo crept near the command tent using her invisibility ring skillfully barrowed from the baslkisk to sheild her from prying eyes. I wonder who they put in charge of this operation?

To her invisible dismay she hears the shrill chirp and chatter of her long time and perhaps imaginary rival Elle the Owl. It sounds like she is addressing the captains and issuing general orders.
”HOOT, Now see here captains we need to stick to the ground. We have been contacted by some mercs from the defunct 3M, I think we can let their aid pass. I am not fond of the letter M. I received a request from some kind of lowly techno wizard to modify our armies weapons...” The owl snorts in what must be unfettered disgust, ” Laughable that a single techno wizard could aid us. Also under no circumstance can we let this feather be used in the battle. Zolo suggested such a manuever, and while that little halfling has done this sort of thing I have it on good authroty from Erin Tarin’s protégée she cannot be trusted...”

Even under the shroud of invisibility Zolo’s steamy heat could be dected by infra vision. What the fuck Elle are you trying to get us killed?”

From behind Zolo a familiar voice rumbles softly, ” Hey squirt!”

Zolo turns and sees a huge blue snow dragon. Her anger instantly subsides replaced by a genuine smile. Uncle Norbert! He could always see the invisible. She runs across the way and give the dragon a hug not even being able to reach all the way arround one leg. ” Uncle! I was wonderimg if anyone I knew might have showed up.”

The dragon nods and pats Zolo with a claw gingerly. His voice while quiet still shakes the ground, ” Aye, a few of your kin arrived. Your dad wanted me to say hello for him. He was wondering if...”

Zolo pulls out her trusty magnifying glass, ” Oh yes I got Moriaty’s magnifying glass here.”

The snow dragon chuckles slightly, ” In Lazlo the professor is still pretty mift that you barrowed it. Behind closed doors anyways.”

Zolo grins again and then frowns turning towards the commander’s tent. Her snow dragon uncle points his snout towards it as well. He rumbles, ” What’s goimg on in there?”

Zolo shakes her head, ” Stategy session... I wasn’t invited.” Zolo snorts looking up at the sky quickly filling up with demons led by a balrog, ” Commander Elle the owl just said to execut the plan come first light... The demons are already on there way, they will not have enough time.”

Uncle Norbert slowly shakes his head moving towards the tent, ” Sounds like they could use your help. As the forces of Tolkeen were besieged on one side by demonix and the other coalition forces didn't you organize the fragmented Tolkeen forces to hold the Stevie Womder bridge letting refugees get out saftley? Weren’t you the one that first brought Victoria Geist’s treachery before the council? She could have doomed us all sooner rather than latter. They promoted you to general of the western front after that right? Didn't you first theorize corectly weakness’ of the demonix?” Now almost to the tent and the sky black with the wings of countless demons the snow dragon whispers, ” Besides I also heared how you rallied the troops at Charlebad... Just you and a cat named Sammy.” He nudges Zolo into the command tent and pokes his head through too surprising everyone assembled, ” Now, my niece is going to save the day, you better listen up or I’ll eat you.”

Zolo grins with a half a wave. Do we have enough time to save the day? Lets find out. Get your battle on!

Kn battle with the -2 for her isiah comstock rivalry hisdrence makimg her tactics and advice soooo last minute.
Battle 22
Scholar edged +2, -2 hindrence, +3 from plan 1d12 = 9: 9 wild 1d6 = 4: 4 benny extra effort 1d6+2 = 8: 6 ace 1d6 = 2: 2
Zolo rapidly starts issuing orders confidant that her snow dragon unlce will eat anyone who disagrees, ” So... the demon’s are on their way now. We cannot wait for morning. Sir Cobblepot, take that feather with a cadre of cyberknights up to the Tribal elder and tell him to make it rain.” Zolo spies the 3M contract on the ground and picks it up. ” Elle sign the contract for 3M. I know one of there former members. He’s as stand up as you can find these days. We can use the big guns.”

Zolo turns to a elf with a pleasent smile, ” Lady Windstar get word to our quarter master Anon is on his way to modify our gear to better fight demons. Issue a general order for all legionaires to smartly rotate to the quarter master for an upgrade in demon killing. Anon is no mere technowizard he is a genuis.”

Zolo takes a breath grabbing the signed 3M contract from Elle, ” Time is short... So lets keep it simple. The holy rain should drive the demons low. Then we come crashing down ontop of them with our sky knights and dragons. Legonaires and The people move in supported by cyber knights. I want Sir Cobble-pot and 20 cyber knights plus a mind melter gaurding that feather at all time. Then we have 3M and Rod’s dragon wing crack the demon’s flank wide open letting the 1st do what we do best. Destroy hell pits and save the day.”

Zolo breathes easy. Norbert snorts his approval over her head of her orders. Zolo grins and slaps her hand together shouting, ” Lets move people and be heroes.”

Rod and Anon
Zolo radios the two members giving them updates and encouragement, ” So... Rod, got 3M’s contract signed. If they are half as awesome as you we got the better deal. They should hit the left flank after the dragons and sky knights do their thing. Watch out it should start raining shortly.

Anon, legionairs should be rotating to you in small groups. Glad to have you on ourside. Load them up!”
Other members
at the time of the post only Rod and Anon were done. If it makes use zolo in your own narative. Maybe a word of encouragment or perhaps you giving her one.
Zolo Stat Block
Charisma: 4; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 11(3); Strain: 0
Edges of Note:
  • Improved Level Headed
    Danger Sense
    Elan
    Nerves of Steel
    Brave
    Rock and Roll
    Dirty Fighter
Proposed Sig item Mariarti’s Magnifying glass 7 pts
Sig Item: Super Tech Magnifying Glass!
Item Name: Moriarti’s Magnyfying Glass- grants a +2 to notice, has a x-ray mode (+2 notice and investigation), awareness mode (sees through obscurment), laser focus mode, and Decay burn mode (touch attack)
Camo Cloak
  • This is an LED cloak that copies and displays the surroundings to hide the user. Viewers beyond 50 feet subtract 4 from their Notice rolls to spot or hit the target as long as he moves no faster than 3” per round. At shorter distances, the sheen of the suit can be seen so the penalty is only –2.
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
ranged 12/24/48, damage: 2d6+1 RoF:3 AP 4, shots: 30, weight 4, cost 26,000 Notes: 3RB, +1 shooting. Optional hip/backpack energy pack grants 72 shots
  • modified shooting and extra ap from HJ rolls.
Razor Armor
T4-2044 Flexible Armored Suit (Patron Item)
Image
Created by Claude Pedrovski AKA The Fabricator himself, this suit of light armor was built to assist the Fabricators Inc. Elimination Teams in their wetwork. One non-powered operative on the team wore the armor and with the razor deployed, blocked any transmissions from leaving the site. With no way to call for back up, their targets were easily captured, or worse.
[list]• +3 Armor and +3 Toughness
•Armor was modified by HJ rolls which have been included in stats.
• Gain an additional +4 to resist electricity, radiation, and ion attacks. Alternately, the wearer gains +4 armor versus these effects.
•+2 ranged attacks
•+2 woodland stealth
• Environmental Protection
• No Strength Minimum. (8 lb)
Features:
• Built-in mini-computers for basic functions
• Communications system with a 10 mile range; 20 mile range with Razor deployed.
• Public-address loudspeakers
• Thermal vision mode for vision
• Integrated frequency absorption razor
• • Razor is collapsible, so this light suit may be used as any normal light suit, which is to say it can be worn under clothes or even in power armor, though it does not stack with the power armor's toughness or armor. Razor must be deployed to be used. Cannot deploy if in a confined space like a PA suit or under cramped conditions.
• • Create radio interference at will; this imposes a -4 to any check to communicate with radios. Communication done without a check automatically fails.
• • Dampen electrical energy, causing attacks of that type to do only half damage within the area.
• • • Both effects occur within a Medium Burst Template.
• • You gain +2 to Notice and Survival checks to navigate.
• • You also gain +2 to Notice and Knowledge (Electronics) checks to locate the source of signals.
[/list]
Bennies
Bennies: 0/3
+1 Race
+1 FG
+1 post rate
-2 Kn battle
-1 fear
-2 casting powers 1st round of battle vs demons
-1 teleport out of pool
+1 joker
-1 for 1st round dramatic task.
+1 for beggin the gm
-1 for EF round 2 ritual.

User avatar
Roderick Wolfram
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Roderick Wolfram » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:38 am

K/Electronics 27, Battle Effect: +2 Battle Roll
Knowledge/Electronics d10 (+3d Skill Chip, +4 Interface, -2 Free Advance) = d12+4

K/Electronics 1d12+4 = 16: 12, Ace 1: 1d12 = 11: 11
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3: 3
Total: 27

Battle Effects: 2d6 = 8: 4, 4, Valor: +2 to Battle Roll
Rod sits on top of the Dragonwing with a soda in hand, having just finished a last inspection of the robot. He watches the demons scrabble over the low hills, their hell fire making it easy to pick out small groups of them. It's the ones that you can't see that are the problem, Rod thinks.
Zolo wrote:Zolo radios the two members giving them updates and encouragement, ” So... Rod, got 3M’s contract signed. If they are half as awesome as you we got the better deal. They should hit the left flank after the dragons and sky knights do their thing. Watch out it should start raining shortly.
"That's great news Zolo, good work," Rod says in reply. "Left flank, copy that. Do you want to be up with me in the Dragonwing? I am the closest thing to an AWAC they've got out here. Otherwise, I can just relay what I see to you over the radio."

AWAC
Airborne Warning and Control System - Long range radar surveillance and control center
Rod goes and finds Chuck of 3M. When he sees the man, he calls out, "Chuck! It looks like you are going to get paid. Go see Zolo, she's the half-pint human, and possibly whole gallon dragon of the 1st to get your signed contract." He gives the man a warm clasp and a hug. Rod looks at the various robots assembled. "She wants you on the left flank. I will be flying reconnaissance overhead and provide coordinates for bombardment. I recommend doubling up on the inter-changeable weapon units on the Jaegers. 2 of the TX-8841S, 2TX-871MMs, 2 TX-843Ps, and provide cover for me with 2 TX-862FCs. Have the Raubiters fly and attack guerrilla style. The Furagierers and the Schwartzitter should stay with the Jaegers, since they will be encumbered, to provide defense in case any demons break through."

A couple of Jaeger Interchangable Weapons
Jaeger Interchangable Weapons.png
Jaeger Interchangable Weapons.png (46.26 KiB) Viewed 743 times

"Sounds like you've got a good plan there Rod. Definitely has dragon guile. We will be ready when the call comes," Chuck replies. Rod greets his old teammates, sharing old memories and hugs. He heads back and gets something to eat and then in a bit of defiance, takes a piss off of the edge of the cliff face down on to any demons who may be lurking in the darkness below. Lap it up boys, because the rain that's about to come down on you, is going to make your skin sizzle.

When it's time to move out, Rod calls out over the speakers, "Clear!" to make sure everyone backs away. The atomic heart of the Dragonwing pulses rapidly sending out subsonic shudders that can be felt by those nearby. Twin columns of flame slowly lift the giant robot off the ground into the sky.

Just before dawn, Rod calls out the initial targets he sees on his sensors. The bombardment begins as the sun brightens over the lands as he sees the Legion's gathered forces march out to meet the enemy.
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record
Stats
Personal
Toughness: 15(8), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense, Battle-Hardened*, Fearless*, Nerves of Steel*

* from SuperTech device

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)
Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet

User avatar
Cory Tetrascroll
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Cory Tetrascroll » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:24 pm

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8+2 = 5: 3 Wild: 1d6 = 3: 3
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)
Battle Roll=11
Mysticism + (2 EP) Fate's Chosen: Add the value of your Trait die to a Trait or Skill roll (must be declared before rolling) -2 Battle Penalty 1d10+10 = 13: 3 Wild 1d6+10 = 13: 3
Play: 46. Renown:
Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).

Time Away
There is only one way to convey this story. It must be told from the child's perspective. Who is this child? She is a human female. According to their standards, she was quite small. While our time with her was limited, it was fruitful. Her deities were not unusual or unique, nor in any known established pantheon. Still, her belief was total and her link to an internal power was undeniable, whether powered by self delusion or not.

She styled herself as a mystic warrior, an agent of her deities. Her "spells" were fueled by the duality of her belief. The "Sun" and "Moon" were the source of her power and guidance. Her theology barely existed and was almost wholly internal, she did not believe her mission was to preach. Her mission was to fight evil with every power she possessed. She believed it and wrapped her whole life in this persona.

The power of her delusion intrigued us. There was an opportunity for us to interview her. In her words (we have cleaned up most of her distracting vernacular):

"The darkness returned. I do not know why. Like before when I first met Sun and Moon, but I felt like I was in darkness longer. I wondered if I had done something wrong. It seemed like a long time, like a bad dream. Sun and Moon had not sent me any warnings, not like they had in the past.

I started to get scared, but I knew that would be a bad idea. So I calmed myself and meditated. In a moment, Sun and Moon were there. They interrogated me even more intensely then the first time I had met Sun and Moon. I began to be afraid, I had no idea what was happening. Then it was revealed. Sun and Moon were concerned about the massive influx of demonic activity in the world. They explained that the long wait in darkness was a time to ensure that my soul was pure. After all the possession surrounding us the last few weeks or months, it made a lot of sense. Of course it made sense, it was Sun and Moon.

They showed me a rapid serious of images, more than images, they were experiences. I experienced the world overrun with demons. At the hellpit, I felt the hot, fetid air swirl around me filled the smells of burning and the burning flesh of nameless victims. Even the mystic energy around the hellpit felt foul and disgusting. I vomited. I knew it was a vision, but even still. Even still.

I prayed, even though Sun and Moon were right there. I begged of them for the power to stop this. I felt their approval. I felt power surge through my body renewed. Different from before though, instead of giving me power, this time they gave me the will to use it. I had no more doubt in my mission, no more doubt in my power.

Sun and Moon have incredible power. I knew that. I also knew that I was the manifestation of their power on Earth. I was their instrument. I must not fail."

If you were wondering, my lord, why we had to edit her words, her is an example of her speech, it even is in her thoughts. The first few lines are presented here without translation:

"Like, totally, the darkness returned, right. Really, like, you know, I totally don't know why. Like, like before when I first met Sun and Moon, ryou know, but I felt like I was like totally in darkness like way longer. I totally wondered if I'd done something wrong, you know. Like really, It seriously seemed like a hella long time, like totally a bad dream, you know. It's like you know, like Sun and Moon hadn't sent me like any warnings, right, not like they'd like I guess like, in the past."

Even though she has a deeply entrenched delusion, her power is real. Our analysis indicates that we can use her. We will release her back into the world. If she survives this encounter with the demonic horde, we can work on turning her to our purposes. Let her be our weapon, not these imaginary deities of hers.

Cory awakes. The reality of Sun and Moon's vision is all around her. How did I get here? How long have I been gone?, the thoughts race through her mind. One brief glimpse of her surroundings clearly indicates that none of that matters. All that matters is the fight. Her fight. Her mission. Her whole reason for existence is to fight this battle. She always felt her sense of duty was strong and unwavering, but now, she knows that she is righteous beyond her own self. She is a warrior of Sun and Moon and demons are her enemy. She is a merciful and caring person, she knows that, but faced with her divinely identified foe, she is ruthless and all compassion for the enemy is gone. Let none stand her her way. She will not rest until they driven from this place. This she vows. But Sun and Moon already know her heart, and she feels the warmth of their power as she knows her heart too.

Rolling to her left, Cory realizes she's holding her chainsword in her right hand and not the Fell-blade. She wonders where the mighty symbol of the 1st is. But it's a fleeting thought, for as she regains her feet, her eyes focus on the battle. She observes her forces, she remembers she's in charge, and the enemies forces. It's a dire and near hopeless situation. Behind her helmet, she smiles, an expression of her fey mood, not of joy.

From the rear, Cory charges through the forces of light, her team. She cries out, her confidence supreme. She's no tactician, but she trusts her people to do the right thing. Her place is the front line. Blasting. Smiting. Destroying. She summons all of the powers granted by Sun and Moon, but now she knows, those aren't the only tools she has. Sun and Moon showed her that she is their weapon, her whole being. She doesn't know they will win. She believes they will win and that nothing can stop them as long as they have faith. She has faith in Sun and Moon. So winning is a forgone conclusion.

So sword in hand fireballs cascading around her, surrounded by fiery warriors and shouting with the fury of a true zealot, Cory descends up on the enemy.

Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 8/25 | ISP: 5/25 | Bennies: 0
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
[list]+6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport[/list]
Overcoat:
[list]+1 Toughness[/list]
Talisman of Marduk:
[list]+1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance[/list]
Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
[list]Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver[/list]
(Left) TW Club:
[list]Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry[/list][/OOC]
edit signature
"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1723
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Venatus Vinco » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:06 pm

Results
The demons lose 5 tokens!

New Conditions
[*]Demon Tokens: 5
[*]Modifiers: +2 for terrain

[*]Hero Tokens: 6
[*]Modifiers: +1 for superior forces

Morale (success)
Spirit 1d12+1 = 12: 11
Wild 1d6+1 = 5: 4
The demon charge is fierce, but also an over commitment of their forces. The ground troops are decimated by the well prepared heroes who meet the challenge then suddenly cut into the demon's flanks. it is a sea of decimation as waves and waves of demons press on, only to be cut down by the impressive work of the 1st SET. However, demons are tenacious and do not fear death as mortals do, they also know there are fates worse than death and those fates await them if they retreat. Cut down in number, the army changes tactics.

Balrog: +1 K/Battle
Spellcasting 1d12 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
The remaining Balrog commanders redefine the battlefield by calling forth massive rivers of lava, slowing the advance of the Legionnaires, forcing them into narrow columns of ground that are much more difficult to take hold of. Fissures of steam and billows of smoke erupts from the ground, clouded their air and reducing virtually negating the aireal advantage that Rod , the dragons, and Sky-knights enjoyed. The battle has turned from a massive infantry charge to a slow slog across enemy terrain. The demons have gone from aggressors to defenders and are using their home turf advantage to its fullest.

Fell: Slaughter -2 to Enemy K/Battle
Fighting 1d12 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Burn 1d10 = 9: 9
Battle Effects 2d6 = 10: 4, 6
Having being held in reserve for the initial assault, Fell also enters the fray holding a key choke point with a band of Simvan. He is a ferocious fighter, even more than in his natural life. Standing fighting from cover between to great lakes of lava the revenant juicer takes on all comers with his swords in hand. He moves with speed and fury that even his drugs were never able to provide, dodging the most heroic of blows with laughter. Fell cackles with glee as he carves a bloody path through a group of cyberknights taking the time to decapitate each one as he finishes him off. It seems as if each brutal murder gives him more hellfire to empower his movements.

Mastodon: +1 to K/Battle
Fighting 1d8 = 2: 2
Extra Effort: 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
A great roar erupts from the depths of the demonic lines and the valley shakes and thunders beneath the massive footsteps of a demonic mastodon. Much like the one the heroes saw in the canyon in Colorado. However, the mastodon is adorned with giant plants of armor and a riding harness. A might Simvan warrior sits on top of the beast directing it into battle. The creature's massive tusks rip through power armor and robots like nothing...ground troops flee and scramble but the unlikely are simply trampled beneath its feet. The massive creature is a nigh unstoppable force on the field of battle.
Knowledge Battle 18
K/Battle 1d12+2 = 12: 10
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Extra Effort: 1d6 = 4: 4
+2 from Heroes
Given that the demon commander held some powerful heroes back while sending scores of his hoard to die in the initial volley, it seems his plan had been to lure the heroes into a streetfight after all.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Anarik Ebonlocke
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:57 am

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Anarik Ebonlocke » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:59 am

Spellcasting 8; Raise
-2 difficulty
Spellcasting 1d12-2 = 2: 4
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Benny to reroll
Spellcasting 1d12-2 = 8: 10
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Battle Effect 8; Valor: The warrior’s Support adds +2 to the commander’s Battle roll as usual.
2d6 = 8: 5, 3
Power Points used 8
3d6 = 8: 3, 2, 3
Albuquerque
Afternoon
Round 2

Anarik stared down at the battlefield spread out before the forces of the Tomorrow Legion and its allies. He couldn’t help but have flashbacks to a similar scene of battle on the fel-scorched fields of Argus as the forces of Azeroth faced down the Burning Legion. He flexed his hands. He could feel the power of the fel energy in the hell pit, and he pulled it into himself, drawing on its power. He glanced over at Ilserayne, beautiful and deadly beside him. She inhaled the sweet scent of the corruption, a shiver of pleasure running through her frame.

“Shadow, I don’t know whether to fight or fuck,” the succubus said with a grin. Then she gave Anarik a deep, soul-searing kiss. He gave in for a moment before pushing her away. “If we survive…” he said, his face serious. “Be careful. You can be killed here,” he reminded.

And then they were moving forward, Anarik in a protective pocket of Legionnaires with the other spellcasters. Ilserayne took to the skies above them, and Anarik started casting, summoning in more demons. Powerful felguard and snarling felhunters appeared on the flanks of the group, causing nervous tension with the Legionnaires. Anarik smiled as a troop of alu demons charged them, and he dropped an Infernal right atop them, the flaming green meteor breaking apart and rising into a burning stone humanoid shape as it stomped its feet and swung its stone fists about, scattering the demons. Finally Anarik summoned in a gigantic doomguard who cast burning hellfire into the demon army.

Up above, Ilserayne engaged a gargoyle, her new demonic rapier easily piercing the stone flesh, sending the beast crashing to the earth.

Anarik drew in more fel power from the magic soaked environment. He started casting hexes as the troop slowly moved through the field of battle. He studied the situation and smiled. He couldn’t banish the demons from the hellpit, but the simvan riders were not native here. He turned his spells on them, sending the simvans and their mounts popping out of existence. He didn’t know where they would land, but it wouldn’t be here, and they were out of the fight.

The slaughter was immense, but finally progress slowed to a slog. The demons had gotten smarter, given up on the mass charge, and started to divide the Legion forces by manipulating the terrain, pushing them into narrow bottlenecked patches of ground between lava flows.

And then Anarik saw him. Kilimonde had grown larger and more powerful since Anarik had released him from his enslavement. And apparently he had grown in rank as well, commanding a legion of these demons.

Ilserayne landed beside Anarik. “Damnation. Is that--?”

“Yes,” Anarik said darkly. “I thought him dead.”

“You did your damnedest to make sure he was.”

“And yet you’re drooling.”

“Of course! Look at those-- Are you jealous?” Ilserayne grinned.

“No,” Anarik retorted curtly. “I will just have to finish the job. Don’t make it more complicated. I bested him once. His arrogance will be his undoing.”

Ilserayne gave Anarik a look of concern. “Don’t let yours be yours,” she said, taking off for the skies again.
Character Tracker
Exalted Detect Magic (3r)
Ilserayne: Fighting d8 (-4r)
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 7/35 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 105)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 10/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 0/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 4/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Adventure Card:
  • Deadly Blow: Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.

User avatar
Roderick Wolfram
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Roderick Wolfram » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:47 pm

Piloting: 23, Battle Effects: Valor +2 Battle Roll
Piloting: 1d12+4 = 16: 12 (d10 + 3d piloting skill chip +2 Ace), Ace 1: 1d12 = 7: 7
Wild Die: 1d6 = 6: 6 (Wild Ace 1: 1d6 = 1: 1
Total: 23

Battle Effects: 2d6 = 6: 5, 1 Valor +2 to Battle Roll

As the steam and smoke occlude the field of battle, Rod banks the Dragonwing in the air. He keys the channel to the 1st's frequency. "Zolo, with the smoke in the air, there is not much I can do from up here. Anon, I can use the cover the demons have created against them, but if you've got anything magical to blow this stuff away, the ground troops will have a better time of it. It's time for me to go hunting!."

He activates his armor and the automaton pods detach and form into their two humanoid forms. Take the gunnery and sensor controls. I've got some fancy flying to do, he says wordlessly. As the two take their positions, Rod opens the throttle to the engines of the large robot. The fuselage rumbles as the three are pressed into their chairs. Above the smoke those on the ground hear a shriek, different than the bellows of the demons, a long sustained note of air being pummeled.

Rod switches to 3M's frequency, "Raubtiers, form up on me at coordinates [techno-babble]." The robot circles the battlefield to the proper vector. "We are going to do the same thing we did at the Battle of Thorondor. I'll lead."

With that, Rod turns into the Dragonwing into the smoky air and rockets in using his powerful ground-effect radar that allows the Dragonwing to fly at treetop level faster than the speed of sound. The X-10A Predators follow. Swathes of smoke and steam spiral behind creating strips of clear air.

The demons on the ground hear a shrill sound away to the east of them as they march in a loose formation. The first demon to disappear has no time to make a sound, nor does the second or third. By the fourth, the demons nearest begin to notice that their companions are missing only a second before they too disappear in the smoke. Then the sound wave from the supersonic Dragonwing hits like a hammer on the rest. This pattern repeats, but each time from a different angle. It's only on the third pass, the red rain begins. Splatters of demon blood hit the faces of the demon's upturned faces, then the body parts begin to fall.

The Letzter Schatten, the Last Shadow of the 3M, and the Raubtiers continue to grab demons carrying them into the air, dismembering the bodies before allowing them to fall back to the ground.
Last edited by Roderick Wolfram on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record
Stats
Personal
Toughness: 15(8), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense, Battle-Hardened*, Fearless*, Nerves of Steel*

* from SuperTech device

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)
Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Merlaggon » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:16 pm

Shooting 9
Shooting (d8-> d12+2 (Heavy Railgun) -> d12 (Difficulty)
  • Shooting: 1d12 = 2: 2
    Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5
    • Extra Effort (With Elan): 1d6+2 = 4: 2
    Result: 9 - Success with Raise.
    • Battle Effects: 2d6 = 4: 1, 3
      • Terrorize: The fighter’s fury terrorizes her foes. The enemy commander subtracts 2 from his Spirit roll if forced to test morale this round.
Shooting this Railgun is FUN!!!!

With GREAT ENTHUSIASM, Merlaggon gets himself a nice perch nearby and starts mowing down whatever Demons and Simvan he strikes his fancy. His choice of target priority... well... it may not be the most strategic, but his unpredictability makes him shoot some of the support troops in the back that weren't expecting an attack... showing them that even those in the back lines weren't safe and that they were also in danger. His loud gleeful giggling could be heard ringing over the battlefield.
Last edited by Merlaggon on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 0/3
  • [*]Base Amount
    [*]-1 for Extra Effort for Mass Combat Battle of Albuquerque Round 1
    [*]-1 for Extra Effort for Mass Combat Battle of Albuquerque Round 2
    [*]-1 for Extra Effort on Shooting Greater Demon
    [*]+1 for making VV Laugh
    [*]+2 for Zolo's and Sinder's Jokers
    [*]-1 to Shake off Shaken from Killemonde's Attack
    [*]-1 for Extra Effort to hit Greater Demon
    [*]-1 for Re-Roll Damage on Greater Demon
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :20 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 14(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Sinder » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:31 pm

Roll 14

Shooting (d6 Spending a Benny to make it a D12)
OOC Comments
Shooting 1d12 = 10: 10

Wild Die
1d6 = 4: 4
(spending a Benny for )
Extra Effort

1d6 = 1: 1

Ammo Used
2d6 = 11: 6, 5

Total 10+4=14
Have 32 -14= 18 light Rail Gun

Battle Dice
11 Slaughter! -2 from the enemy commander’s Battle total
OOC Comments
2d6 = 11: 6, 5
10–11
Slaughter: The foe reels at the champion’s onslaught. Subtract 2 from the enemy commander’s Battle total.

After dropping of Starfire and talking to Anon, “Yea I don’t know what you guys can do for Starfire but it would be nice if we got him back into the fight.” Sinder looks at his Hover, it seems that it has taken a bit of damage. “Uh, my Hovercycle seem to just gotten aa little dinged up. After the battle it would be nice to get it fixed and looking good. Might have to get a new one.”

Sinder climbs on board his hovercycle and heads back to the front. He greets his friends, the native American gets the latest information.

The chiefs tell him that the enemy seem to be on the defense, and the troops aren’t moving as fast.

Sinder thinks about the lava river, “Why don’t we send the hovers down the rivers then cut behind their line and start attacking their rear, that will cut off the ones on the front and that should cause chaos all over their side. When we cut the front off the demons won’t know where the attack is coming from, front or back. This is when the others on robots and horses get close by putting rags on the horse’s hoof. They then charge the front. We will be out over the river and making an “S” over the river and come in on the other side cutting off another group “

The Elders agree and the plan goes over. The trip over the lava rivers is a bit tricky with the thermals but as they head in toward the bank they catch the Simvans , Brodkill and other demons by surprise.

The hover cycles slash through the rear of the enemy, screams of demons dying from all sides of the slash reach the front and the rear of the enemy. The demon defenders can’t see what is going on behind them or in front. Then from the front the robot Horse charge through the front, low visibility helping the natives. They swarm over the enemy, like army ants on a fool that put his foot on their mound, hacking and shooting them. They continue on hearing more demonic screams as they proceed to the rear, on the third slice, the demons are in a full route they not knowing that is happening all around them. The natives continue running them down and destroying them.
Last edited by Sinder on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:54 am, edited 6 times in total.
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:50/50 Spent 8 Left 42
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +1 post, +2 from play, Quarter

Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP Used Battle of Albuquerque


New Cards 4th quarter

3d52 = 99: 35, 30, 34

Seize the Day The character acts as if he had
drawn a Joker this combat round

Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

Guantlet of the Demon Slayer
Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)
Major: Power Banish/Banish the Horde (3/6 One or Large Burst area)

Minor: +5 PP
Minor: +5 PP

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Alecto
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 497
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Alecto » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:29 am

Alecto fired her thrusters to clear a river of lava, and landed in the midst of a pack of demons, scattering all but a few and dismembering the ones that were left. In these closer quarters, the demons advantage of numbers meant more. As much as taking out Fell or the mammoth would mean, she determined that a greater impact, for the moment, would be felt in relieving pressure from lesser foes. Preventing their forces from being overrun.

The task played to her strengths. With superhuman precision, she fought through the hordes, never pausing or tiring. Wherever cyberknights or other allied forces...particularly the mages or other units that were vulnerable in close-quarters combat...found themselves under attack, a black-armored figure would suddenly drop in from above, and commence a most grisly work. When the demonic attack was vanquished, the very instant it was gone, rockets fired again and she was gone.

She did not attempt to engage the aerial dangers while airborne; there were others far better suited to that. She used her mobility to bypass the lava barriers, the sensors in her body and helmet isolating trouble spots quickly and her jetpack closing the distance. Alecto was only one warrior, but it must have seemed sometimes to the demons as if the sky was bristling with them. Wherever they broke through, wherever they regrouped, wherever it seemed the line might give way, the fury descended and laid waste.

Would it be enough though? The tides of Hell were almost a literal tide it seemed...a neverending flood that would wash away all flesh from the world.

Rolls: Fighting 18, Valor +2 Kn: Battle
Fighting (-2 difficulty) 1d12+3 = 15: 12 or 1d6+3 = 8: 5
Oooo ace on the big dice: 1d12 = 3: 3
Battle Effect: 2d6 = 9: 6, 3
Last edited by Alecto on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

User avatar
Anon
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Anon » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:28 am

Shooting 6, +1 to K/Battle Roll
Shooting the Mountaineer Ion Cannon 1d6+3 = 4: 1 (includes +2 for MM, +2 for ion weapon, +1 for TW upgrade to shooting, -2 for unstable platform)
Wild 1d6+3 = 6: 3
WIP.
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d6, Shooting d6, Piloting d4, Driving d6, Notice d8, Techno-Wizardry d10, Repair d10, K/Electronics d8, K/Computers d8, K/Arcana d10, K/Engineering d10, K/Science d6
Parry: 5 (7 w/"Survival Knife")
Pace: 6
Toughness: 13(6)
Notable Edges: Ace, Master of Magic, Brave
Notable Equipment: TW Survival Knife; Multi-Assault TK Automatic Rifle
Character Sheet
Signature

User avatar
Zolo
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Zolo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:11 pm

Zolo looks at the door to the bathroom stall its some kind of wood, propably lodgepole pine by the looks of it, It was laqured with a red stain giving it the apperence of blood dripping over a skinned hide. Zolo’s feet barely hit the ground as she sat on the toilet seat. Just lovely. The reports had been coming in fast and furious of the ever changing battle. Zolo had her extra dementional white board on the wall of stall within arms reach covered with battle plans, counters, and strategams. Zolo erases a small section and makes some notes with a blue expo marker. An ally with twin blades dances on the heads of the crimsion horde. Raging mystic in the rear. She frowns and scribbles another note. Thorondor... Just below that she hastily writes, Plan S. She stops writing as she hears someone come into the bathroom, someone that sounded like Elle the Owl, only not so much.

The Elle the Owl voice croons, ” Yes... I have them all fooled. Our liege lord will be pleased that I am in their inner circle.” There is a bit of silience, then the Not Elle continues, ”Oh the halfling is skilled. The holy rain was ill timed, but she will soon meet her end. For some reason she dislikes this form so it has been difficult to get her alone. She has a dragon protector.” Silience followed by a soft hoot. ” The real Elle is in the cavern beneath us gaurded by elite broadkill warriors, you would have to be a dragon to rescue her. We are close to recovering the feather. I sent its location to Fell, be warned it is gaurded by many cyber knights. Kilimonde has joined the battle as well.” Silience, ” Hoot... Yes hold on, this form requires me to relieve its bowels periodically.”

Zolo quickly with haste and stealth in mind slunk her dimentional white board back into its convient temportal hidey hole. She slipped her laser pistol into her hand touching it briefly to her holy enfused silver necklace (A gift from Cheif whats his face). The Non-Elle the Owl opened the door holding a gem encrusted radio in one hand and the door in the other. The owl hooted in surprise her eyes growing wide. Zolo smiled and pulled the trigger on her laser pistol unleashing devine laser enfused energy vaporizing the owl’s face. ”Almost as fun as shooting the real deal.”

Zolo zipped up and teleported up into @Roderick Wolfram dragon wing. ”Permission to come aboard Roderick. Its time to go to work.”

Finding a chair she gets on the comms directing the many troops into a coehsive fighting force. Roderick and his team might even be impressed by her cleaver use of each forces strengths and minimizing any weaknesses. From her high vantage point in the dragon wing it was clear that the enemey had been holding back its true stregth. Zolo smiled, I might be worried that his commanders are taking the field if I had been someone else, like fucking Elle Owl. Breathe Zolo, Breathe... You and Anon cooked up a little plan for such a surge: Trilatteraly Holy Light Induction.
Zolo waits until the surge almost overwhelms the forces of good and then signals Anon to unleash his holy weapon brigade!
”Now Anon, they are close enough unleash the devine power we have kept in reserve! Let them remember that this was the day the forces of hell trifled with Tomorrow’s best and realized themselves short!”
To the 1st, Just some RP and general thoughts.
”Ladywindstar, inform @Sinder plan S is a go. @Roderick Wolfram , if memory serves 3M seems to be in Thorondar formation no? Just make sure the city survives this time! @Alecto Fell is going after Sir Hubbard and the knights gaurding the feather. They need your help! @Merlaggon south side of the city is a cave system, Elle the Owl has been captured by brodkill if you have a chance see if you can free her... There might be treasure. @Anarik Ebonlocke looks like there might be some kind demon fresh from hell going by the name of Kilimonde. Does anyone have eyes on @Cory Tetrascroll I keep getting reports of a raging mystic. @Anon keep outfiting the troops weapons to deal damage against demons we have cycled everyone half way through...Argghhhhhh... Zolo cries out as the comms go dead. From behind her a familiar blue wing of Elle the owl grips her throat. She manages a gurggled, ”Rod... Help!” @Roderick Wolfram RP opertunity.
Kn Battle 20, before any modifiers
Kn Battle: 1d12+2 = 10: 8 Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2 EF 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Ace 1d6 = 2: 2
Zolo Stat Block
Charisma: 4; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 11(3); Strain: 0
Edges of Note:
  • Improved Level Headed
    Danger Sense
    Elan
    Nerves of Steel
    Brave
    Rock and Roll
    Dirty Fighter
Proposed Sig item Mariarti’s Magnifying glass 7 pts
Sig Item: Super Tech Magnifying Glass!
Item Name: Moriarti’s Magnyfying Glass- grants a +2 to notice, has a x-ray mode (+2 notice and investigation), awareness mode (sees through obscurment), laser focus mode, and Decay burn mode (touch attack)
Camo Cloak
  • This is an LED cloak that copies and displays the surroundings to hide the user. Viewers beyond 50 feet subtract 4 from their Notice rolls to spot or hit the target as long as he moves no faster than 3” per round. At shorter distances, the sheen of the suit can be seen so the penalty is only –2.
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
ranged 12/24/48, damage: 2d6+1 RoF:3 AP 4, shots: 30, weight 4, cost 26,000 Notes: 3RB, +1 shooting. Optional hip/backpack energy pack grants 72 shots
  • modified shooting and extra ap from HJ rolls.
Razor Armor
T4-2044 Flexible Armored Suit (Patron Item)
Image
Created by Claude Pedrovski AKA The Fabricator himself, this suit of light armor was built to assist the Fabricators Inc. Elimination Teams in their wetwork. One non-powered operative on the team wore the armor and with the razor deployed, blocked any transmissions from leaving the site. With no way to call for back up, their targets were easily captured, or worse.
[list]• +3 Armor and +3 Toughness
•Armor was modified by HJ rolls which have been included in stats.
• Gain an additional +4 to resist electricity, radiation, and ion attacks. Alternately, the wearer gains +4 armor versus these effects.
•+2 ranged attacks
•+2 woodland stealth
• Environmental Protection
• No Strength Minimum. (8 lb)
Features:
• Built-in mini-computers for basic functions
• Communications system with a 10 mile range; 20 mile range with Razor deployed.
• Public-address loudspeakers
• Thermal vision mode for vision
• Integrated frequency absorption razor
• • Razor is collapsible, so this light suit may be used as any normal light suit, which is to say it can be worn under clothes or even in power armor, though it does not stack with the power armor's toughness or armor. Razor must be deployed to be used. Cannot deploy if in a confined space like a PA suit or under cramped conditions.
• • Create radio interference at will; this imposes a -4 to any check to communicate with radios. Communication done without a check automatically fails.
• • Dampen electrical energy, causing attacks of that type to do only half damage within the area.
• • • Both effects occur within a Medium Burst Template.
• • You gain +2 to Notice and Survival checks to navigate.
• • You also gain +2 to Notice and Knowledge (Electronics) checks to locate the source of signals.
[/list]
Bennies
Bennies: 0/3
+1 Race
+1 FG
+1 post rate
-2 Kn battle
-1 fear
-2 casting powers 1st round of battle vs demons
-1 teleport out of pool
+1 joker
-1 for 1st round dramatic task.
+1 for beggin the gm
-1 for EF round 2 ritual.

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1723
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Venatus Vinco » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:59 pm

Results

Demons lose 4 tokens: 1 tokens remaining
Heroes: 6 tokens remaining

Spirit 1d12-4 = -1: 3
Wild 1d6-4 = -3: 1

Commander Benny 1d12-4 = 1: 5
Wild 1d6-4 = 2: 6
Ace 1d6 = 5: 5
Total: 7, success

Mass battle is over
The army of heroes continues to press the attack, inflicting massive casualties despite the constricted terrain. However, the demon strategm quickly becomes clear - they don't care about losses. Their goal is to prevent the gateway from being destroyed. The entire battle has been an expensive delaying tactic. While the battle raged, Elle of the Owls was captured by demonic forces replaced by a powerful shape-shifting greater demon known as a Rakshasa. The confusion of battle prevented anyone from noticing any changes in her behaviour, everyone except Zolo who never liked her anyway!

After a brief altercation in the cockpit of the Dragonwing, the Rakshasa has stolen the hummingbird feather and taken it to a deep in the bowels of the hell pit crater. The heroic forces are able to fight their way to the edge of the crater, but entering it is less easily done. The crater is hundreds of feet deep and the bottom is filled with hot flowing magma. Four giant pillars reach up from the floor of the pit, in the middle of them the ley line nexus pulsates and opens, providing window into hell itself. Even worse, scores of flying demons come flying out!
Fear
Make a Fear check at -2 at literal standing at the gates of hell and looking in.
The Skyknights lead a charge into the swarms buying time for the 1st SET to finish what they started. Their commander radios the team:

"We will hold them as long as we can, help from your dragon and flying robot would be welcomed. You must recover the artifact and continue with the mission."

What do you do?
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Roderick Wolfram
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Roderick Wolfram » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:05 am

Zolo wrote:Zolo zipped up and teleported up into @Roderick Wolfram dragon wing. ”Permission to come aboard Roderick. Its time to go to work.”
Zolo's would be girlfriend wrote:After a brief altercation in the cockpit of the Dragonwing, the Rakshasa has stolen the hummingbird feather and taken it to a deep in the bowels of the hell pit crater. The heroic forces are able to fight their way to the edge of the crater, but entering it is less easily done. The crater is hundreds of feet deep and the bottom is filled with hot flowing magma. Four giant pillars reach up from the floor of the pit, in the middle of them the ley line nexus pulsates and opens, providing window into hell itself. Even worse, scores of flying demons come flying out!
Since the start of the battle, the IRMTS (super tech device - Fearless!) attached to his arm has been sending it's little nanobots out into Rod's blood stream, the sight of all the horrific demons and what they are doing having little effect on Rod's flying. The lack of fear may have been one of the main reasons for his daring flying. The surprise at hearing Zolo's voice in the cockpit instead of through his headphones was not dampened. "Zolo?" How the hell? The large robot rocks and spins as he regains control of it. "Get in a seat and buckle up!"

It's then that yet another being appears in the cramped space of the crew compartment. "Beta, shoot that thing!" The automaton reaches for the laser pistol, but the struggle between Zolo and the Rakasha is over almost as fast as it began. "Zolo, are you alright, talk to me!"



....

The impact of the hell pit flicks over Rod's consciousness, the little nano-bots continue doing their job so other than disgust and worry, Rod's hands stay steady at the controls. "Well Zolo, it looks like you are on the express elevator to hell with me. And it's going straight down." The Dragonwing banks and fires it's weapons as a group of flying demons come up to engage it. The shrieks can be heard as their wings crumple as the energized ions shred them. They fall towards teh ground.
Skyknight Commander wrote:"We will hold them as long as we can, help from your dragon and flying robot would be welcomed. You must recover the artifact and continue with the mission."
"Zolo what are your orders? Do you want me to scoop up Alecto and Anon while you call Sinder and Merlaggon to join us at the demon's dance party?" Rod says with a grin on his face as he shoots down another demon.
Last edited by Roderick Wolfram on Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record
Stats
Personal
Toughness: 15(8), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense, Battle-Hardened*, Fearless*, Nerves of Steel*

* from SuperTech device

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)
Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet

User avatar
Zolo
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Zolo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:36 pm

Zolo nods to Rod. Sounds about right. I should have shot that Elle thing a few more times in the bathroom. At least I got that feath nice and safe tucked her in my jacket... Frack.

”So Roderick... I got some good news and some super bad news. Good news is I totally saw that the demon army was jut playing for time.” She pulls out her extra dementional white board circling the word Time on it with a black sharpie. ”So we took the fight to them hard and fast. If my calculations are correct we should have enough time to get down to that hell pit, save the real Elle the owl, and stop the demon horde in its tracks.”

Zolo gulps clearly apprehensive to come clean about the super bad news. She rubs her neck where the not Elle had scratched her. ” So... I let it leak that Sir Hubbard had the feather in an attempt to force the enemy into fighting the cyber knights... But I actually had it on me the entire time. Whatever that thing was, probably a greater demon must have followed me up here and in the struggle snatched it.” Zolo put away her white board, and pulled out a galactic news paper. The multiverse rag had, Demon’s Triumph at Last on the head lines. ” So yeah this is bad. Real bad. I think you called it though.”

Zolo comms the team, ” Ok heroes, the easy part is over. Its time to get our dance shoes on. Everyone going in get aboard the dragon wing or if Merlaggon sees fit grab a scale. Then form up on Rod’s dragon wing and lets get into this pit of hell. Once in, Rod, Merlaggon, Sinder lay down the cover fire. Rest of us infiltrate. Locate the feather, locate the real Elle. I bet all the dollars in my pocket we can use that feather to close the pit.”

Zolo takes a breath, probably need to say something memorable here, but I got nothing except for the words of dear ole dad. She comms not only the team but the rest of the troops, ” Like my dad used to tell me. Now is our time! These hot flames of war are insignificant compared to the might that beats beneath our breasts! We stand together or not all!”

She hits the comms one last time thinking it might be good to know the enemy a bit better. ”Anny, what can you tell us about these guys. What can we expect?” @Anarik Ebonlocke
To @Roderick Wolfram she nods again, ”Scoop them up and punch it.”
Zolo Stat Block
Charisma: 4; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 11(3); Strain: 0
Edges of Note:
  • Improved Level Headed
    Danger Sense
    Elan
    Nerves of Steel
    Brave
    Rock and Roll
    Dirty Fighter
Proposed Sig item Mariarti’s Magnifying glass 7 pts
Sig Item: Super Tech Magnifying Glass!
Item Name: Moriarti’s Magnyfying Glass- grants a +2 to notice, has a x-ray mode (+2 notice and investigation), awareness mode (sees through obscurment), laser focus mode, and Decay burn mode (touch attack)
Camo Cloak
  • This is an LED cloak that copies and displays the surroundings to hide the user. Viewers beyond 50 feet subtract 4 from their Notice rolls to spot or hit the target as long as he moves no faster than 3” per round. At shorter distances, the sheen of the suit can be seen so the penalty is only –2.
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
ranged 12/24/48, damage: 2d6+1 RoF:3 AP 4, shots: 30, weight 4, cost 26,000 Notes: 3RB, +1 shooting. Optional hip/backpack energy pack grants 72 shots
  • modified shooting and extra ap from HJ rolls.
Razor Armor
T4-2044 Flexible Armored Suit (Patron Item)
Image
Created by Claude Pedrovski AKA The Fabricator himself, this suit of light armor was built to assist the Fabricators Inc. Elimination Teams in their wetwork. One non-powered operative on the team wore the armor and with the razor deployed, blocked any transmissions from leaving the site. With no way to call for back up, their targets were easily captured, or worse.
[list]• +3 Armor and +3 Toughness
•Armor was modified by HJ rolls which have been included in stats.
• Gain an additional +4 to resist electricity, radiation, and ion attacks. Alternately, the wearer gains +4 armor versus these effects.
•+2 ranged attacks
•+2 woodland stealth
• Environmental Protection
• No Strength Minimum. (8 lb)
Features:
• Built-in mini-computers for basic functions
• Communications system with a 10 mile range; 20 mile range with Razor deployed.
• Public-address loudspeakers
• Thermal vision mode for vision
• Integrated frequency absorption razor
• • Razor is collapsible, so this light suit may be used as any normal light suit, which is to say it can be worn under clothes or even in power armor, though it does not stack with the power armor's toughness or armor. Razor must be deployed to be used. Cannot deploy if in a confined space like a PA suit or under cramped conditions.
• • Create radio interference at will; this imposes a -4 to any check to communicate with radios. Communication done without a check automatically fails.
• • Dampen electrical energy, causing attacks of that type to do only half damage within the area.
• • • Both effects occur within a Medium Burst Template.
• • You gain +2 to Notice and Survival checks to navigate.
• • You also gain +2 to Notice and Knowledge (Electronics) checks to locate the source of signals.
[/list]
Bennies
Bennies: 0/3
+1 Race
+1 FG
+1 post rate
-2 Kn battle
-1 fear
-2 casting powers 1st round of battle vs demons
-1 teleport out of pool
+1 joker
-1 for 1st round dramatic task.
+1 for beggin the gm
-1 for EF round 2 ritual.

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Sinder » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:50 pm

Zolo comms the team, ”Ok heroes, the easy part is over. Its time to get our dance shoes on. Everyone going in get aboard the dragon wing or if Merlaggon sees fit grab a scale. Then form up on Rod’s dragon wing and lets get into this pit of hell. Once in, Rod, Merlaggon, Sinder lay down the cover fire. Rest of us infiltrate. Locate the feather, locate the real Elle. I bet all the dollars in my pocket we can use that feather to close the pit.”

Sinder over the radio, "Copy big Z,Help clear the path." Sinder looks at Angel, "You ready to get to work." Sinder will get a ride one way or another and heads down. He thinks, "Stealth, I'm not sure about that part."

FEAR CHECK

SPIRIT 7
OOC Comments
1d12 = 9: 9 9-2=7
Wild
1d6 = 4: 4
Sinder looks to the Native Americans , and the chiefs gathered before him, "My friends it has been an honored to fight beside you. I am called to go and follow the path of the 1st SET. I will always remember when you, my brrothers and sister, joined others of like minds and wills, in a great battle for not just one culture but for all free life on Earth. Can you watch my hover till I return. and If I don't give it to some young warrior ."

With that Sinder waits for the others at the edge to head down. He will sprout his wings when the others start down. He dives in, along with Angel. He activates his armors abilities, for protection. He eventually gets on one side of Merl. and the Dragonwing. "Boy is this so cool. Mom and Dad will be so pissed off if I survive."

As they desend Sinder has an Idea, so he ask over the radio, "Those that can cast Sleep and blind or other such speels cast just behind the front of their line, this should cause them to start falling and hit others when we battle them take out the wings and they too will fall , Call it a Rain of Demons. use them to help take their own out."
Last edited by Sinder on Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:50/50 Spent 8 Left 42
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +1 post, +2 from play, Quarter

Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP Used Battle of Albuquerque


New Cards 4th quarter

3d52 = 99: 35, 30, 34

Seize the Day The character acts as if he had
drawn a Joker this combat round

Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

Guantlet of the Demon Slayer
Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)
Major: Power Banish/Banish the Horde (3/6 One or Large Burst area)

Minor: +5 PP
Minor: +5 PP

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Cory Tetrascroll
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Cory Tetrascroll » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:05 am

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8+2 Wild Die 1d6
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)
Fire still burns within Cory as the fight continues. She doesn't falter as it turns from an all out attack to a race. Merl has enough to do and she doesn't want to slow him down. She transforms in a giant eagle to follow the team in, letting her own fiery aura blaze around the avian form. Letting Zolo give the orders is fine. She knows Zolo's tactical knowledge is far superior to hers. And right now, she's laser focused on defeating the demons, all shapes and sizes, makes and models.

Ah! But fear! Fear doesn't always obey her zeal and emotion...
NO FEAR!! Spirit 8
Spirit:-2 1d8 = 5: 5 Wild 1d6 = 1: 1+EE 1d6 = 5: 5

Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 8/25 | ISP: 5/25 | Bennies: 0
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
[list]+6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport[/list]
Overcoat:
[list]+1 Toughness[/list]
Talisman of Marduk:
[list]+1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance[/list]
Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
[list]Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver[/list]
(Left) TW Club:
[list]Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry[/list][/OOC]
edit signature
"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."

User avatar
Anarik Ebonlocke
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:57 am

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Anarik Ebonlocke » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:06 am

Fear 5
-2 difficulty
Anarik Spirit 1d8 = 7: 7
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Albuquerque
Afternoon
Round 2

Anarik stared down at the hellpit. He pushed back the fear that threatened to rise. He had stood on Argus and defeated the Burning Legion! The demons were fighting in scattered groups now, their forces scattered and depleted. But they had taken the feather, the key to closing this pit.

Anarik waited for a pickup from one of the dragons as Ilserayne took to the skies.

“Unless you wish a studied taxonomical dissertation, they are demons. Hit them hard with holy energy. Or their own foul magics work too,” he said with a smirk as he cupped a bit of shadow and hellfire in his palm.
Character Tracker
Exalted Detect Magic (3r)
Ilserayne: Fighting d8 (-4r)
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 7/35 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 105)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 10/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 0/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 4/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Adventure Card:
  • Deadly Blow: Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.

User avatar
Zolo
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Zolo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:36 am

Despite her bravado and seemly asured knowledge in all things related to war, Zolo gulps slightly staring down at the pit of hell. Its just like one of mom’s books. Hopefully its the story where the heroes all return home to live lives of eating, drinking, and general merry making... Hopefully.
Fear 7
Has the brave edge: 1d8 = 2: 2 wild 1d6 = 3: 3 benny for EF 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Zolo Stat Block
Charisma: 4; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 11(3); Strain: 0
Edges of Note:
  • Improved Level Headed
    Danger Sense
    Elan
    Nerves of Steel
    Brave
    Rock and Roll
    Dirty Fighter
Proposed Sig item Mariarti’s Magnifying glass 7 pts
Sig Item: Super Tech Magnifying Glass!
Item Name: Moriarti’s Magnyfying Glass- grants a +2 to notice, has a x-ray mode (+2 notice and investigation), awareness mode (sees through obscurment), laser focus mode, and Decay burn mode (touch attack)
Camo Cloak
  • This is an LED cloak that copies and displays the surroundings to hide the user. Viewers beyond 50 feet subtract 4 from their Notice rolls to spot or hit the target as long as he moves no faster than 3” per round. At shorter distances, the sheen of the suit can be seen so the penalty is only –2.
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
ranged 12/24/48, damage: 2d6+1 RoF:3 AP 4, shots: 30, weight 4, cost 26,000 Notes: 3RB, +1 shooting. Optional hip/backpack energy pack grants 72 shots
  • modified shooting and extra ap from HJ rolls.
Razor Armor
T4-2044 Flexible Armored Suit (Patron Item)
Image
Created by Claude Pedrovski AKA The Fabricator himself, this suit of light armor was built to assist the Fabricators Inc. Elimination Teams in their wetwork. One non-powered operative on the team wore the armor and with the razor deployed, blocked any transmissions from leaving the site. With no way to call for back up, their targets were easily captured, or worse.
[list]• +3 Armor and +3 Toughness
•Armor was modified by HJ rolls which have been included in stats.
• Gain an additional +4 to resist electricity, radiation, and ion attacks. Alternately, the wearer gains +4 armor versus these effects.
•+2 ranged attacks
•+2 woodland stealth
• Environmental Protection
• No Strength Minimum. (8 lb)
Features:
• Built-in mini-computers for basic functions
• Communications system with a 10 mile range; 20 mile range with Razor deployed.
• Public-address loudspeakers
• Thermal vision mode for vision
• Integrated frequency absorption razor
• • Razor is collapsible, so this light suit may be used as any normal light suit, which is to say it can be worn under clothes or even in power armor, though it does not stack with the power armor's toughness or armor. Razor must be deployed to be used. Cannot deploy if in a confined space like a PA suit or under cramped conditions.
• • Create radio interference at will; this imposes a -4 to any check to communicate with radios. Communication done without a check automatically fails.
• • Dampen electrical energy, causing attacks of that type to do only half damage within the area.
• • • Both effects occur within a Medium Burst Template.
• • You gain +2 to Notice and Survival checks to navigate.
• • You also gain +2 to Notice and Knowledge (Electronics) checks to locate the source of signals.
[/list]
Bennies
Bennies: 0/3
+1 Race
+1 FG
+1 post rate
-2 Kn battle
-1 fear
-2 casting powers 1st round of battle vs demons
-1 teleport out of pool
+1 joker
-1 for 1st round dramatic task.
+1 for beggin the gm
-1 for EF round 2 ritual.

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Merlaggon » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:53 am

Fear 11
Fear (+2 due Brave, -2 due Difficulty)
  • Spirit: 1d8 = 2: 2
    Wild: 1d6 = 6: 6
    • Ace: 1d6+6 = 11: 5
    Result: 11 - Success with Raise
Demons? Been there, done that. Just more to smash!!!

"Cory, I am winging over to pick you up. Everybody, I will lay down cover fire with my Railgun and breath as we make our way in.... but Zolo… where is all the treasure you mentioned to me?"
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 0/3
  • [*]Base Amount
    [*]-1 for Extra Effort for Mass Combat Battle of Albuquerque Round 1
    [*]-1 for Extra Effort for Mass Combat Battle of Albuquerque Round 2
    [*]-1 for Extra Effort on Shooting Greater Demon
    [*]+1 for making VV Laugh
    [*]+2 for Zolo's and Sinder's Jokers
    [*]-1 to Shake off Shaken from Killemonde's Attack
    [*]-1 for Extra Effort to hit Greater Demon
    [*]-1 for Re-Roll Damage on Greater Demon
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :20 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 14(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Alecto
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 497
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Alecto » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:05 am

Alecto gazed into the very pit of Hell, and was unmoved. Perhaps it was the knowledge that she had no soul to capture. That she could not be tortured, at least not in a way that was likely to mean anything to these creatures. She would not appreciate being stabbed or torn apart, but it would not have the kind of effect on her that it would on a human mind; subject as they were to the needs and reactions of the flesh.

She did see and appreciate the tactical difficulties presented by the situation though.

"Negative, do not 'scoop' me up. The Dragonfly has a higher maximum speed than my jetpack, but given the limitations on maneuvering in the Pit, I should not be left behind. I will be of more use flying independently, where I can engage targets as we descend."


Rolls: Fear 16
Spirit (+2 for Brave) 1d10+2 = 12: 10 or 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Literally two aces, hehe
1d10 = 4: 4 and 1d6 = 5: 5
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

User avatar
Anon
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Mission 7: Battle of Albuquerque

Post by Anon » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:51 pm

Fear Check, 7
Spirit 1d8-1 = 7: 8 (includes +2 from Brave, -1 for Fatigue and -2 for scene modifier)
Wild 1d6-1 = 0: 1
Techno-Wizardry for Wall Walker Gadget, 11
TW 1d10+1 = 11: 10 (includes +2 from MM and -1 from Fatigue
1d6+1 = 4: 3
Has 15 PPE built in because of the raise
Ignore This
2d6 = 9: 5, 4 Battle Effects, 9- Valor +2 to Commander
Techno-Wizardry for Darksight Gadget
TW 1d10+1 = 10: 9 (Includes MM and -1 for Fatigue)
Wild 1d6+1 = 5: 4
Has 15 PPE built in because of raise.
Techno-Wizardry and Stats for Zolo’s Pistol
For conversion: TW 1d10 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 + 1d6 = 6: 6
Raise on conversion Build Roll gives a free Minor upgrade: +1 Shooting

Upgrade Roll: 1d10 = 8: 8 (MM cancels out -2)
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
+1 Shooting
Raise gives a free additional Minor upgrade, electricity: spasms trapping

CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol ranged 12/24/48, damage: 2d6+1 RoF:3 AP 4, shots: 30, weight 4, cost 26,000 Notes: 3RB, +1 shooting.
TW upgrades: +2 Shooting, electricity: spasms trapping
Total cost: 26,000 + 2,600 (conversion) + 5,000 (minor upgrade) = 33,600 (note: 2 upgrades were free because of raises on build rolls)
Demons. You never really get used to them.

Anon stares into the chaos of the Hell Pit and cannot help but shudder, unwelcome memories of Tolkeen creeping in. He spends a few moments phased, until Zolo’s words cut through to him. I’m a maker. So let’s make things.

Grabbing his tools, gems, and components, he sets out to start working on anything he can find. Vibro-sword to blade of silver? Check. Body armor with magical hard-light built in? Easy. Pistol with an electric field generator for shocking enemies while shooting them? Lemon squeezy.

Anon hands out gear as fast as he can make it. A quick mod to a mundane pair of shoe laces, and he hands @Zolo some temporary-use laces of binding. “These will lengthen, stick to what’s whatever you’re walking on, and even walk with you. It looks a little weird, but it’s highly effective.”

@Sinder’s robot horse gets a few twists of the wrench and a binding made of bubble gum with a thumbnail sized ruby stuck in the middle and infused with light. “That’ll hold until this is all over. Sinder, see me after and we’ll get her patched up right.”

The Legion keeps the demons at bay while Anon works. Once, a weird bat-like thing gets too close for comfort, but Anon just gives it whack with the combat hammer he’s working on and turns its claws into more components. “Waste not.”

Zolo wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:36 pm

Zolo comms the team, ” Ok heroes, the easy part is over. Its time to get our dance shoes on. Everyone going in get aboard the dragon wing or if Merlaggon sees fit grab a scale. Then form up on Rod’s dragon wing and lets get into this pit of hell. Once in, Rod, Merlaggon, Sinder lay down the cover fire. Rest of us infiltrate. Locate the feather, locate the real Elle. I bet all the dollars in my pocket we can use that feather to close the pit.”
Anon grabs a pair of sunglasses, a mess of wires, and a gemstone or two. “Okay, looking for something. I can help with that.

After a minute or two, he holds out the shades to the team. “Okay, anyone who can do mega magic or mega psionics should take these. They’re embedded with a spell that lets you see in the dark, see through smoke, and even see through some kinds of invisibility. Should help us find that feather.”
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d6, Shooting d6, Piloting d4, Driving d6, Notice d8, Techno-Wizardry d10, Repair d10, K/Electronics d8, K/Computers d8, K/Arcana d10, K/Engineering d10, K/Science d6
Parry: 5 (7 w/"Survival Knife")
Pace: 6
Toughness: 13(6)
Notable Edges: Ace, Master of Magic, Brave
Notable Equipment: TW Survival Knife; Multi-Assault TK Automatic Rifle
Character Sheet
Signature

Post Reply

Return to “1st SET Adventure Forum”