Google Handle: JasonBahr
Character Name: Dorian Falstaff, Lord Director of Magi-Tech Development
Rank: Novice Experience: 13 Advances Left: 0
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5/17 (9) in armor ;
- Repair d10 (2 IF, 1 HJ, 1 build)
- Knowledge (Science) d10 (2 IF, 2 HJ)
- Knowledge (Engineering) d10 +1 (2 IF, 2 HJ) (+1 HJ)
- Knowledge (Arcana) d8 (2 IF, 1 build)
- Knowledge (Computers) d10 (d12) +2 vs electronic security (3 HJ, 1 build) (+2 vs elec sec hj)
- Knowledge (Electronics) d10 +1 (4 HJ) (+1 HJ)
- Knowledge (Cosmic Forge) d4
- Techno-Wizardry d12 (3 IF, 2 build)
- Medicine d6
- Fighting d6
- Shooting d6
- Notice d6
- Persuasion d4
- Investigation d4
- Curious(Major): Curious characters are easily dragged into any adventure. They have to check out everything and always want to know what’s behind a potential mystery.
- Greedy (Minor): If a Minor Hindrance, he argues bitterly over any loot acquired during play.
- Vow (Minor):: To convince the Science Council and investors that the Altess should reinvest in discovery and invention as well as move into magi-tech. To that end he gathers field reports of his devices and their efficacy as well as the growth in tech of their lessers.
- Ignorance from Arrogance: Most Altess spend their lives perusing recreation and their various hobbies, leaving much of life's daily maintenance to servants and slaves. This leaves them woefully under-educated and naïve about the world at large. They suffer a −2 to all Smarts rolls.
- Wanted (Minor): Any Altess adventurers are considered to be AWOL from the empire and are hunted with the intent of bringing them back home.
- Bad Reputation: The Altess are infamous having built their empire on slavery and the concept of racial superiority. Most other species find them intolerably arrogant and condescending. They suffer a -4 charisma penalty with nonhumans and those opposed to slavery.
- You Do It For Me: on a club on the initaitive make a spirit roll at -2 to summon the motivation to care about what is going on.
- Wanted (Major): Every Altess is born with a fragment of the location of the cosmic forge imbedded in their minds. While too proud and disinterested in the Forge to work together and find it,sSeekers of the cosmic forge covet the knowledge and will often harass individuals and worse to gain it from them.
- Phobia: Major: Darkness
- AB:Weird Science: Techno-Wizards begin with three powers, each in a gizmo of their own design as with all Weird Science types. Unlike other Weird Scientists, Techno-Wizards have 15 PPE of their own and their gizmos have none.
- Attractive: +2 Charisma
- Rich: 5000 credits and 2 HJ rolls
- Very Rich: 20,000 credits and 3 more HJ rolls
- Arcane Machinist: Techno-Wizards begin with a variant of the Gadgeteer Edge which grants enormous flexibility. As an action (instead of 1d20 minutes), the character produces a magical gadget replicating any power available to Techno-Wizards. To make the device requires a successful Techno-Wizardry roll at −2 per Rank the power is above her own. The device has its own pool of PPE equal to half the Techno-Wizard’s normal maximum PPE pool (round down). With a raise, the device gets +5 PPE. The item can only be activated with its own PPE and once used up (or at the end of the session), the device burns out or otherwise becomes unusable. A Techno-Wizard can use Arcane Machinist up to half her Smarts die per session.
- Machine Maestro: A Techno-Wizard can interface with any electronic or mechanical device by touch, gaining +2 to most (see below) non-combat Trait rolls where such are involved (bypassing security, picking locks, operating vehicles, using sensors.). When interfacing with an arcane (usually TW) device, the bonus increases to +4. For combat-related Trait rolls and the creation or repair of TW gizmos and devices, the bonuses lower to +1 and +2, respectively.
- Sidekick: His robot butler/bodyguard Mr. Givens (retrapped full conversion borg)
- Master of Magic: A Master of Magic gains the Mega Power option for each power he knows upon taking this Edge. Each time he takes the New Power Edge, he gains both the power and its Mega Power use as well.
- More Power Points: +5 power points
- Tinkerer: Tinkerer: Like any master operator, you are skilled at modifying machines, but for you it goes beyond simple repair. You may make use of the Tinkering Modification rules.
- Mr. Fix It: The inventor adds +2 to Repair rolls. With a raise, he halves the time normally required to fix something. This means that if a particular Repair job already states that a raise repairs it in half the time, a Mr. Fix It could finish the job in one-quarter the time with a raise.